toe-01

PseudoGM: It's morning on the 1998th floor, just outside of the… calling it an Inn would be a bit overly generous as it's really just an empty house tower that no one's using and the very rare traveller stats in. In any case, considering that's there three of the four of you were sleeping, the space outside of it is an easy choice for a place to meet up before heading out on the expedition.
Shuu is just outside the kinda-inn, he's looking over a few sheets of paper as he waits, sitting on the curb
Shuu looks up for a moment, who's missing again?
Sohl is up early, and the scent of coffee reaches every nook and cranny of the 'inn,' as he has taken it upon himself to brew up a batch brought from a faraway floor. It's a bit strong, with flavors of oak and honey. There's mugs for all!
Wrench lazes across an entire bench, dismantling some obscure part or another, holding it up above her, squinting at the light.
Wrench: "Where we goin'?"
Shuu: "We begin making our way to the stairway to the next floor, our goal is high up the tower"
Shuu looks back at his papers, that's what the patterns say, right?
Wrench holds up her claw. "Five days rations. Each."
Sohl: "Hm! D'ya know just how high?" He sips at his mug, and shifts the pack on his back.
Yin clears her throat as she nervously walks towards the well armed group. "Excuse me, I'm sorry for evesdropping, but did I hear you say you're going up floors?"
Wrench tosses the part away, sitting up stock straight, turning her squint on Yin: "Hell yeah we're going up floors."
Wrench: "You gettin' in on this caravan, girl?"
Shuu looks at the one wandering in "Yep, we're going up. I can't ascertain quite how high yet, it depends on what we find and where"
Shuu: "We're looking for a fault, but i've the impression we're going very high"
Harino walks back from around the side of the way-house, having finished a light early exercise. "Oh, we're heading up, I see."
Wrench nods to her - "Harino."
Sohl sniffs. "Wrench here is about right, then. If'n any of you aren't properly stocked on rations, best do so now."
Yin grins. "I'd love to! At least until the Capitol. I can't pay you for the escort, but…"
Sohl: "That's alright," he shrugs to Shuu "-we're not getting paid either!"
Shuu shrugs "I'm looking for volunteers. Stick around and help keep everyone safe and that's enough"
Wrench pulls herself up, stretching her spine, her bald tail flicking. She sniffs the air. "We're movin' before the monsters wake up. C'mon with."
Sohl: "But the movement will do all of us some good."
Yin: "Oh, find? Are you looking for someone?"
Sohl: "Ah, y' missed the pitch, I see."
Wrench detours through the markets, haggling over some dented cans of food. The labels are mixed and worn to illegibility, but Wrench doesn't seem to care. [-5G, +5 Rations]
Shuu puts his binder back on his backpack "As objective of the trip? Nah, it's for maitenance"
Shuu goes alongside Wrench, he looks over the food- "(Really shouldn't pick those did you know dented cans leak metal? … I really should buy something though I think i'm out)" he ponders, he will find a somewhat healthier place, however (also getting 5 rations because why'd I only think about it now) "Either way"
PseudoGM: It's what's *inside* the can that counts, right Wrench?
Shuu: "Once we're all done with this last second setup, let's go"
[OOC] Shuu: Look just because Wrench doesn't get sick with that don't mean us others don't either
Sohl: "Mm… well, the Maxwellian here believes there be something wrong within the construction of the tower."
Sohl: "Its ongoing existance, at least."
Sohl: "(And if you'd read the maint board on this floor- heh!- you'd think it'd about be ready to fall over!)" he asides, slyly.
Wrench holds up another can and sniffs it, then decides against, putting it back on the stack.
Yin: "Oh! I didn't realize you were a repair crew! That'll make things easier"
Wrench: "Yeah, it's about to fall over. Next good storm's gonna blow the tectonics belt."
Shuu: "All the information's there if you look at it, we're suffering a massive, tower-wide malfunction that can best be traced back to the tower core"
Sohl: "Easier?"
Wrench sashays over to another stall, weaving around (and pointedly ignoring) a Familiar doing inspections. She holds up a… slightly more intact looking can.
Wrench: "Hey! Harino! Tuna?"
Yin turns to the Maxwellian, slightly alarmed. "That seems really serious. What division are you working with to get it fixed?"
Harino blinks, her ears perking up. "Eh? Ah, sure?"
PseudoGM: The people manned the market stalls look like they're not really sure what to make of Wrench buying food with a Maxwellian talking about tower faults.
Shuu: "Were you expecting something- Right, I am Shuu- But we're working independently at the moment"
Wrench leans over the stall in response to the funny look. "Hey, my money's good, innit?" She slams down 5G and takes an entire stack of canned tuna, dropping them over into Harino's hands.
[OOC] Wrench: -5G, +5 Harino rations… But it's not much for variety.
PseudoGM: "Oh yeah just… he's talking about the tower falling over, you know?"
Sohl shrugs his pack up higher on his shoulders, and also wades into the market. He considers the wares carefully…
Wrench cleans her ear out, sneering at the merchant - "If you were really worried, you'd gimme a discount. But you ain't, so clam up."
Harino stows them away, nodding her thanks. "Well, that's just how they are? Everything's a catastrophe to them."
Shuu: "I wouldn't worry, if nobody's talking about the problems of the tower, then you should worry"
Shuu: "It means nobody's taking care of it"
Yin: "Oh, I'm Yin. Nice to meet all of you."
Shuu: "We are, though, but it's a trip"
PseudoGM: The stall owner raises their hands in defensive deferance.
Sohl: "Sohl Bijoln!" He ambles up to Yin, offering a thick, gloved hand.
Shuu: "Also I am fairly certain you are thinking of familiars, Harino"
Wrench: "Thanks for the custom, buddy." She says, before meeting back up with the rest of the crew.
Shuu pulls out an old, worn-out map, looks out of the small town's borders "If i'm correct, the stairs should be in that direction"
Harino shrugs, her ears folding down apologetically. "Well, maybe. I haven't met that many of you compared to them."
Shuu: "Map's outdated, however, and may never have been right… It was a bit too cheap, but only one I found"
Wrench looks over Shuu's shoulder. "Pretty much. We might be able to hit the maintenance trench."
Shuu: "Yeah… We're kind of new around the block"
Yin shakes Sohl's hand.
Shuu sighs "Was hoping we could avoid, no way to know if we have to until we get there, though"
Wrench stretches her arms behind her head, strolling facing backwards in front of them as they head outside of town. "Wrench VII, by the way."
Harino bows formally to Yin. "Harino Yasuya, ronin-for-hire. Well, I'm working with Shuu for the moment."
Shuu puts the map back on his pack, takes a deep breath, and sets off- That's as many people as he's going to get, time to get moving
Wrench is, you know, this huge horrible coyote-rat-Hundred, thick with grease and sweat. And the gun slung over her back is eyecatching for sure.
Sohl: "So, Yin, y' in for an unusual trek up and down the place?"
Yin: "Yes!" *Yin looks off excitedly past the outskirts of town* "Like I said, headed for the Capitol, one way or another"
Sohl: "An interesting goal…" he muses, turning on a heel and following after Shuu. He runs a hand through his beard, smoky tendrils curling around it as it passes.
Wrench rolled 4d6 and got 3, 5, 4, 6 ( Total: 18 ) for Wrench prepares to set out, 2 + Navigation 1 + Ranger 1
Yin: "Though, it's nicer with well armed companions" she says looking around the group pointedly. "The past couple of floors have been… rough"
Sohl: "Oh? You've travelled a bit before, have you?"
Shuu: "I'll say, travelling alone is dangerous, and annoying"
Yin: "Just a couple of floors. It's been really hard, but thanksfully I can make myself less noticible if need be. I nearly got snagged by some mosters before getting to the little place we just left. I don't think I could have managed again though, so thanks again."
Wrench: "Not much meat on ya. You'd probably pass right through without hittin' any teeth."
Yin laughs nervously, looking up at the large Hundred. "You're probably right about that"
Wrench raises her voice and leads the way: "Listen up! We're goin' straight through the woods - passin' by the power station - then we'll be right at the stairs, pretty much. Shuu, we hit that neighborhood just the other day."
Wrench: "We gonna see some monkeys, we gonna see some dusties. And those are real cute till they decide to pick a fight."
Sohl nods. "I can't say I don't have any different motives. Self-caravanning is one big oxymoron."
Wrench: "We show force, we don't get split up, they'll leave us alone. Day's a wasting, boys and girls: we move." And Wrench hits the trail.
Harino: "Yes; I learned pretty fast to travel in groups and to ask for anyone willing to help for any monster hunting jobs."
PseudoGM: Wrench has got the right of it for the most part - every once in a while you'll see a tiny little bunch of rocks and dirt, vaguely rabbit shaped, but they tend to scurry away anytime someone in the group looks intently in their direction. A lot of monkies in the trees as well who seem content to leave you along for the most part.
PseudoGM: It's easy going too, since the pathway from here to the power station is pretty wellworn.
PseudoGM: The closer you get to the power station though, the longer the little dust bunnies take before they run away, and some of the monkies start trailing behind the group in the tree tops for a while before breaking off.
Wrench snorts, muttering under her breath: "They're gonna press their luck…"
Yin: "This power station seems pretty far from town… No wonder the lights seem sto be having such an issue"
Wrench nods to Harino. "What's your read, think there's an ambush comin'?-"
Harino slowly nods, a hand on the hilt of one of her blades. "Honestly, I'd be very surprised if we go there without any trouble."
Wrench: "…Power station needs to be where the transformers are plugged in. Town's built around the clean water. The pipes ain't exactly rigged up for people. The fact that people can live here is…"
Wrench: "…Hell, practically an accident, from what I can tell."
Sohl: "A marvel of ancient civic planning!"
Wrench: "Yeah?" She gives Sohl a look. "Yeah."
Sohl: "It's been so long since then, does it matter? They live here now."
Sohl: "Until they don't, things get fixed, yeah?"
Sohl looks up at Wrench, having to lean back a bit to do so.
Wrench nods, agreeing. "Yeah. Just, the fix might not resemble the design."
Sohl grins widely.
Sohl: "Heh! If every artist was an engineer, yeah?"
Sohl: "Or would it be the other way around?"
Yin: At the mention of a fight Yin reaches back into her own bag and pulls out a thickly bound book, looking up at the trees nervously and obviously with no idea where to look for these monkeys. "Are they often… aggressive?"
Wrench: "Ornery, maybe. They're gonna try their luck, I think."
PseudoGM: Up ahead: there's a decent amount of scretching coming from the direction of the power station, which is just now starting to come into view. Along with a few more mechanical but human shouts. "Unhand me, beast!" A very familiar voice, in Wrench's case.
Harino: "Now, that sounds like trouble in the making."
Wrench sighs and unholsters her gun, removing both of the massive straps that keep it on her back. "Yeah, we're going in," she says, picking her way past the station's fencing.
Sohl: "Hup!" He hefts his handaxe from its holder on his belt, and legs it toward the station, keeping his balance despite his pack.
PseudoGM: At the power station: there's a one monkey on the top of it near the entrance, bouncing around and slamming its hands into the ceiling as it shouts. And another down on the ground, lifting a crab-shaped familiar with tires into the air, ocassionally poking at its joints and falts in the plating. "Release me, I say!" The monkey gives the familiar a poor shake, who then seems to notice
PseudoGM: the group. "Oh, heaven's above! Help! It's trying to take me apart!"
Sohl: "Oi, you!" He makes for the monkey!
PseudoGM: Both of the monkies, for note, are also oddly glad in pretty slapdash armor - it looks like they've been pulling up metal plates that were loose, then trying them together with vines, in a crude immitation of human armor. There's a small group of dust bunnies surrounding them and watching the spectical, as well.
Shuu shakes his head "Did they come alone?" he dashes ahead, jumpin over the fence because he has some respect for property. He takes the momentum of the vault to head straight for the monkey holding the familiar, he draws his axe and puts the entire energy of his movement in a single upwards sweep, not quite effective but scary either way
PseudoGM: "?!" The monkey whirls around at Sohl's shout, tossing the familiar behind it while the one on the roof jump down.
Harino heads in along with them, drawing one of her blades as they get closer. "Looks like it's a good thing we headed out when we did!"
Wrench: "Now don't say I never did nothin' for ya."
PseudoGM: "AAaaaaaaaye appeciate it!" *thunk*
PseudoGM: FRONT ROW: Armored Simian A, Armored Simian B
PseudoGM: BACK ROW: Dust Bunny A, Dust Bunny B, Dust Bunny C
PseudoGM: BATTLE ORDER: Yin, Dust Bunny A, Dust Bunny B, Dust Bunny C, Sohl, Wrench, Armored Simian A, Armored Simian B, Harino, Shuu
Wrench: (did you remember DRIFTIN QUICKEN)
Shuu: "Guess it's time to make them remember why the others don't get in fights with people"
[OOC] Harino: I should probably Quick 2 ahead of both monsters?
[OOC] Wrench: Yup~
PseudoGM: I ask if Driftin want to Quicken/Slow when inits drop!
PseudoGM: Ahead two, then. Yin's up first in either case!
Yin flips to a dog-eared page with a practiced flick, calling sparkilinf blue magic to her fingertips and casting Mirage Bubbles at the bunnies in the back row.
PseudoGM: Alright! Go ahead and roll a d100 to check for a burst.
Yin rolled d100 and got 89 ( Total: 89 )
PseudoGM: Nope, but magic's super accurate so that still hits two of them anyway.
Yin rolled 1d6+10 and got 1 ( Total: 11 )
Wrench hollers as she slings her gun out. "Sohl! Run em down!" ((RUSH please!))
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness! Bunny A and B both take [16] damage, as they don't like water!
Dicebot:// Adding water
Sohl: "On it!"
Sohl perks up at the Bunnies reeling at the water!// "Hey, I'll keep that in mind…"
[OOC] Yin: Perceptive: Whenever you hit an elemental weakness, deal +2DMG and regain +1MP.
[OOC] PseudoGM: 18] in fact, then!
PseudoGM: Dust Bunny A begins to vibrate a bit in responce, then forms a [Pillar] of rocks which fall upon Yin in retaliation.
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 76 ( Total: 76 )
PseudoGM rolled d8+12 and got 8 ( Total: 20 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 20 earth damage!
[OOC] Yin: Ouch- My weakness
[OOC] Yin: So 25?
[OOC] Sohl: yes
PseudoGM: Yeah. I'm generally going to let you guys adjust for your own weak/resist, which are +/- 5 yeah.
PseudoGM: Dust Bunny B drops a [Pillar] on the big scary Hundred shouting!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 61 ( Total: 61 )
PseudoGM rolled d8+12 and got 6 ( Total: 18 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 18 earth damage to Wrench.
PseudoGM: Dust Bunny C opts to drop a [Pillar] on the charging dwarf, instead.
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 58 ( Total: 58 )
PseudoGM rolled d8+12 and got 5 ( Total: 17 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 17 earth damage to him.
PseudoGM: Sohl, you're up!
Sohl rolled 2d4 and got 3, 1 ( Total: 4 ) for fire water earth air essence gen, 1 for start of battle, 1 for beginning of turn
Sohl: "Whoof!" [Weakness]
Wrench is slammed down by it. [HP:62/80.] "Looks like they just got a target painted on em."
Sohl perks up a bit as two small motes of magic circle him.
Sohl: "Okay… time for the counterattack! Hup!" He points at Armored Simian A, and the Air mote slams into it! [Quick - Wind 0] [6 Air True Strike]
Shuu: "What an interesting lack of luck, huh?"
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness! [11]!
Sohl then continues to run towards the beast, and slices at it with his axe! [Attack] [+axe bonus]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 77 ( Total: 77 ) for 80
PseudoGM: Hits!
Sohl rolled 1d6+12 and got 6 ( Total: 18 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 16]! Looks like the armors doing its job, to a degree.
Dicebot:// Adding rush
PseudoGM: //Wrench!

Shuu: "What're you planning, Wrench?"
Wrench charges into the fray, elbowing her way past the monkey that Sohl just slashed into, giving herself a clean shot at Bunny A. [Semi-Auto - C:Rush!]
Dicebot:// Using rush
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 25 ( Total: 25 ) for 80/20
PseudoGM: //Hits!

[OOC] Wrench: -1 LP! Wait crits are +5 right?
PseudoGM: Crit is +4 flat damage and +1 die.
Wrench rolled 2d8+19 and got 6, 6 ( Total: 31.0 ) for Roar! Critical hit!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 31]! The dustie lets out a surprised yelp as it's [Bloodied]!
Wrench fires a blazing fusillade of shots for 31 physical damage. Light beams out from the barrel - Semi-Auto is online! …And, hell, she didn't even use a full clip! [No Ammo Expended, thanks Sohl!]
Dicebot:// Adding rush
PseudoGM: //Nice.

PseudoGM: Harino?
[OOC] Wrench: HP: 62/80 MP: 37/40 LP: 12/13 Drive: 3/18 BLT2/2
Harino dashes forward, slashing at Armored Simian A! [Rally Strike]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 70 ( Total: 70 ) for 80/10
Sohl: "With all this resistance, you figure they've got some sort of… cohabitation thing inside?"
Harino rolled 1d10+10 and got 1 ( Total: 11.0 )
Dicebot:// Adding rush
[OOC] PseudoGM: 9]!
[OOC] Harino: HP: 95/95, MP: 36/40, LP: 10/10, Drive: 4 / 18
Wrench: "Could be, could be." //Wrench dashes back, taking her spot back up in the back line.
"Or they could just be usin' this spot for the ambush."
PseudoGM: Simian A grimances at Sohl and Harino, before performing some [Plate Adjustments]. [Quicken 2] [Bubble (8)]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 62 ( Total: 62 ) for freebie check
Shuu: "I'm not familiar with the habits of those monkeys, but they feel like they're attempting to take this place for themselves"
PseudoGM: Simian B leaps towards Sohl, pounding him with a [Metal Fist]!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 )
Sohl hops away!
PseudoGM: But only manages to slam it into the ground. It growls!
PseudoGM: Shuu?
Shuu spins around his axe and does a powerful upwards slash in the air behind him, he backsteps into it and his figure becomes hazy as he steps into the back row [Distort] "In case anyone has some fire I could use it in a bit"
PseudoGM: And that's the end of round one!
Dicebot:// Clearing Momentum List
PseudoGM: //FRONT ROW: Armored Simian A, Armored Simian B

PseudoGM: BACK ROW: Dust Bunny A, Dust Bunny B, Dust Bunny C
PseudoGM: BATTLE ORDER: Yin, Dust Bunny A, Dust Bunny B, Dust Bunny C, Sohl, Armored Simian A, Wrench, Harino, Armored Simian B, Shuu
[OOC] Yin: Mirage Bubbles is in Witch Mode!/ HP: 55/80, MP: 57/60, LP: 10/10, Drive: 4/12
PseudoGM: Simian A has a Bubble (8). Bunny A is bloodied!
PseudoGM: Yin?
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 25 ( Total: 25 ) for Yin, seeing how effective the water damage was, once again calls the sparkling blue light to bear on the dust bunnies. This time however, it glows with a much brighter intensity before unleashing a torrent onto the enemies, hitting them all this time!
PseudoGM: Even manages to burst!
Yin rolled 1d8+13 and got 3 ( Total: 16 )
Dicebot:// Adding water
[OOC] Sohl: weakness +5, burst +3, perceptive +2…
[OOC] PseudoGM: 23] [23] [23]!
[OOC] Yin: Ahg, numbers!
[OOC] Sohl: dat's a spicy meatball
Sohl: "Ahahaha! You're really loaded for bear!"
PseudoGM: //Bunny A is in [SOS]! Bunny B is [Bloodied]!

PseudoGM: Bunny A shakes as it starts slowly falling apart, before summoning a pillar in responce to Yin once again!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 98 ( Total: 98 )
PseudoGM rolled d8+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16 )
Yin calls out to Shuu "I can bring some fire, let me just find the right page!"
PseudoGM: Dishing out another 16 earth before any weakness or resistances.
Shuu: "Thank you, it'll be very helpful"
PseudoGM: Bunny A's shimmering now!
PseudoGM: Bunny B summons forth a [Pillar] on Wrench, slightly more intense than the last one. [Earth Combo]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 86 ( Total: 86 )
[OOC] Yin: HP: 35/80, MP: 51/60, LP: 10/10, Drive: 4/12
PseudoGM rolled d8+14 and got 6 ( Total: 20 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 20 earth damage!
PseudoGM: Bunny C cast [Pillar] on Sohl!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
Wrench wheezes. "Got your damn number…!"
[OOC] Wrench: HP: 42/80 MP: 37/40 LP: 12/13 Drive: 3/18 BLT2/2
PseudoGM rolled d8+17 and got 2 ( Total: 19 ) for and Earth Combo!
PseudoGM: Dealing 19 earth damage.
PseudoGM: All three bunnies are now shimmering!
PseudoGM: Sohl?
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for Fire Water Earth Air essence gen
Sohl: "Okay, okay, things are getting pretty heated. Let's all cool down a bit." He waves his hands and chants, as a cool [Breeze] washes over Wrench and Yin!
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 80 ( Total: 80 ) for 25
Sohl rolled 1d10+12 and got 1 ( Total: 13 ) for restore HP
Wrench: "Preciate it." [55/80]
Yin: "Thanks you!"
Sohl then points at Armored Simian A! Its plate shimmers and shakes! [Quick - Break 2] [Long K-Shatter]
PseudoGM: "!!!"
Dicebot:// Adding air
PseudoGM: //The monkey seems to know exactly what that implies, and lurches at Sohl with a [Metal Fist]

PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 34 ( Total: 34 )
PseudoGM: Pow!
PseudoGM rolled d6+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12 ) for Earth Combo!
PseudoGM: Dealing 12 physical damage and inflicting Long K-Falter in retaliation.
Sohl: "Heh, I'm armored too!"
PseudoGM: It then bounces back into place, shaking its hand.
PseudoGM: Wrench!
[OOC] Sohl: HP: 60/115, MP: 45/50, LP: 10/10, SoS: 28 - Drive: 4 / 18 (U),K-Falter (L)
Wrench slams her fist against her gun, and something inside the chassis slams into place. It's purring like an angry kitten. [Q - Lion Bracelet - Potency Up!]
Shuu: "Ah, it's always a bit paralyzing when the moment to choose who to strike comes"
Wrench squints upwards, where the bubbles have frozen to the ceiling, forming some big, impressive icicles… [C: Water!]
Wrench fires her gun in a blaze upwards, shattering through them, sending huge spears of ice and assorted chunks of roofing and debris down onto Bunny A and B! [Wild Shot!]
Wrench rolled 2d100 and got 35, 81 ( Total: 116 ) for 70/20, Rolls improved by -30
PseudoGM: "WRENCH! - Actually I'm going to allow it this ONE TIME on account of it saving my life!" The poor little familiar wails.
[OOC] Wrench: -4 LP on second roll to force a crit! Roar for +4 potency! Slayer for +4 potency!
PseudoGM: Double crits!
[OOC] Shuu: I see we have a fisherman here
Wrench rolled 2d8+30 and got 2, 2 ( Total: 34.0 )
Wrench: Hitting both for 34 physical damage!
[OOC] Wrench: HP: 55/80 MP: 33/40 LP: 8/13 Drive: 9/18 BLT1/2
PseudoGM: Yow! [34] [34]! Bunny A crumbles into dust. [KO]! Bunny B is knocked down into [SOS]!
Dicebot:// Using water
Dicebot:
Adding rush
PseudoGM: //Harion!

Shuu chuckles to himself "I see why the familiars are annoyed at you"
Harino narrows her eyes, reading the 2nd Simian at a glance before striking again at the first one! [Quick: Overdrive Read, Rally Strike - C:Air]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 49 ( Total: 49 ) for 80/10
Wrench: "Place could use a little spring cleaning," Wrench says, as her gun vents off excess heat.
Sohl: "By making a bigger mess???"
Harino rolled 1d10+10 and got 3 ( Total: 13.0 ) for allied front row (Hi Sohl) gets +2 Drive
Shuu shakes his head with a smile "She didn't say she was the one doing it"
Dicebot:// Using air
Dicebot:
Adding rush
PseudoGM: //The Simian's Overdrive a little on the slow side. It looks like as the battle drags on they'll pull the bad plates (especially hexed ones) free from their armor, then toss as many of them as they remove at their enemies.

Sohl: "Hah! Don't get me wrong, I love it!"
[OOC] Harino: HP: 95/95, MP: 32/40, LP: 10/10, Drive: 8 / 18
[OOC] PseudoGM: 5] damage, and the Bubble pops!
PseudoGM: Simian B doesn't care much for that look in Harino's eye and jumps at her.
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 65 ( Total: 65 )
PseudoGM rolled d6+10 and got 5 ( Total: 15 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 15 physical damage.
PseudoGM: Shuu!
[OOC] Harino: HP: 83/95, MP: 32/40, LP: 10/10, Drive: 8 / 18
Dicebot:// Momentum List: rush, rush,
Shuu twirls around and slashes his axe upwards, a shimmering cut appearing in space. He takes a step back and charges right into it as it vanishes- A second passes as another tear opens just above Dust Bunny B. Shuu dives out of it in a spinning slash bringing the axe down on it with great momentum [Warp Strike]
Dicebot:
Modifier Error: Unable to parse -15 in 1d100-15
Shuu rolled 1d100-15 and got 80 ( Total: 65.0 ) for 90/20
Shuu rolled 1d8+22 and got 6 ( Total: 28 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: KO]!
Shuu lands right into it dealing [28] Physical damage, he backflips back into the front row
PseudoGM: //And that's the end of Round 2!

[OOC] Shuu: I'd also get Slow 1'd but i'm already last
Dicebot:// Clearing Momentum List
Sohl: "Howdy, neighbor!"
PseudoGM: //FRONT ROW: Armored Simian A, Armored Simian B

PseudoGM: BACK ROW: Dust Bunny C
PseudoGM: BATTLE ORDER: Yin, Dust Bunny C, Sohl, Armored Simian A, Wrench, Harino, Armored Simian B, Shuu
PseudoGM: The ones standing are condition green! Simian A's Long K-Shattered!
PseudoGM: Yin continues to be faster than anything else.
[OOC] Yin: HP: 48/80, MP: 51/60, LP: 10/10, Drive: 6/12
Shuu nods at Sohl "Not as impressive as Wrench there but that was good, wasn't it?"
Yin rolled d100 and got 98 ( Total: 98 ) for Yin turns a page in her large book before pointing a finger at Armored Simian B, releasing a beam of incandesant light [Hunter Beam].
[OOC] Shuu: HP: 95/95, MP: 35/40, LP: 10/10, SoS: 23, Drive: 4/18|36, Status: Short Lucky
PseudoGM: Hits!
[OOC] Shuu: Oops no short status
Yin rolled 1d10+12 and got 8 ( Total: 20 )
Yin: fire damage
PseudoGM: That's enough to [Bloodie] it.
Dicebot:// Adding fire
PseudoGM: //Dust Bunny gyrates before summoning a [Pillar] down on Shuu!

PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 47 ( Total: 47 )
PseudoGM rolled d8+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 16 earth damage to him.
PseudoGM: Sohl?
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for Fire Water Earth Air essence gen
Shuu blocks the pillar with his right arm, his body is made of metal he's not going to get dmaged that easy [R:Earth]
Sohl whirls the mote around and slams it into Armored Simian A! [Quick - Fire 0] [6 True Strike Fire]
Sohl then rushes at the same beast with a whirling axe! [Attack] [+axe bonus]
[OOC] PseudoGM: 6]!
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 ) for 80
Sohl rolled 1d6+18 and got 5 ( Total: 23 ) for falter/shatter even out
Dicebot:// Adding rush
[OOC] PseudoGM: 23]!
PseudoGM: //Simian A's knocked down into SOS!

PseudoGM: oh
PseudoGM: dammit
PseudoGM: I forgot the Bunny was supposed to [OVER DRIVE] so I'll do that now -
PseudoGM: Which is it rolling around and bouncing all over the place until it kicks up a [Dust Cloud] over the back row.
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 )
PseudoGM rolled d6+8 and got 5 ( Total: 13 )
PseudoGM: By back row I ment front row, also, where more targets are -
PseudoGM: Which deals 13 earth damage to Sohl, Harino and Shuu while inflicting Short Shock!
PseudoGM: Okay.
PseudoGM: Simian A then bounds over and slams into Harino with a [Metal Fist - Earth Combo]!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 88 ( Total: 88 )
PseudoGM: But misses.
PseudoGM: Wrench!
Harino smirks as she sidesteps, glaring at the annoying bunny before focusing on the apes again.
[OOC] Harino: HP: 70/95, MP: 32/40, LP: 10/10, Drive: 8 / 18 - Short Shock
Wrench takes stock… ((Sorry, can I get monster condition? Monkey B bloodied, others mostly untouched?))
PseudoGM: Simian A is in SOS, B and bunny are green.
PseudoGM: Simian B's actually untouched.
Wrench fires a blaze of shots at Simian A. [Semi-Auto] [Glad I asked!]
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 98 ( Total: 98 ) for 80/20
[OOC] Wrench: -2 LP!
PseudoGM: Hits, with a bit of luck!
[OOC] Sohl: HP: 42/115, MP: 45/50, LP: 10/10, SoS: 28 - Drive: 8 / 18 (U),K-Falter (L)
Wrench rolled 1d8+20 and got 2 ( Total: 22.0 ) for +Shatter +Roar +Slayer
Wrench: Shooting for 22 damage! Semi-Auto online!
Dicebot:// Adding rush
[OOC] PseudoGM: KO]! The monkey lets out a little whining noise as it passes out.
PseudoGM: //Harino!

Harino lets out a breath before striking at the remaining simian, her blade flashing! [Hero Saber - C:Rush]
[OOC] Wrench: HP: 55/80 MP: 36/40 LP: 6/13 Drive: 13/18 BLT0/2
Harino rolled 1d100+15 and got 43 ( Total: 58.0 ) for 80/20
PseudoGM: Hits!
Harino rolled 1d10+10 and got 6 ( Total: 16.0 ) for True Heal Harino and Sohl for +10 HP each
[OOC] Harino: HP: 80/95, MP: 28/40, LP: 10/10, Drive: 10 / 18 - Short Shock
PseudoGM: The the monkey lets out a scretch before attacking Harino in return!
PseudoGM: Or wait, OD happened actually
PseudoGM: so it uses [Metal Fist - Earth Combo]!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 73 ( Total: 73 )
Dicebot:// Using rush
PseudoGM rolled d6+10 and got 1 ( Total: 11 )
Dicebot:
Adding recovery
PseudoGM: //Dealing 11 physical damage and inflicting Long K-Falter!

PseudoGM: Shuu!
[OOC] Harino: HP: 72/95, MP: 28/40, LP: 10/10, Drive: 10 / 18 - Short Shock, Long K-Falter
Shuu spins around, slashing at the air behind him with his axe causing it shimmer. He steps back into it and into the back row, his body looking distorted as he does so [Distort]
Shuu rolled 1d100+15 and got 99 ( Total: 114 ) for 100
Shuu is not going to miss with this Distort, why me [-2 LP]
PseudoGM: That sure would be funny, though.
Dicebot:// Clearing Momentum List
PseudoGM: //And that's the end of round three!

PseudoGM: FRONT ROW: Armored Simian B
PseudoGM: BACK ROW: Dust Bunny C
PseudoGM: BATTLE ORDER: Yin, Dust Bunny C, Sohl, Wrench, Harino, Armored Simian B, Shuu
PseudoGM: Both of them are condition green!
PseudoGM: First up, Yin.
[OOC] Yin: HP: 48/80, MP: 48/60, LP: 10/10, Drive: 8/12
Yin rolled d100 and got 12 ( Total: 12 ) for Yin continues to blast the enemy line with the now intensifying, white hot beam- moving it to focus on the last Dust Bunny still causing her new allies problems [Hunter Beam]
Yin rolled 1d10+17 and got 8 ( Total: 25 )
[OOC] Yin: Fire damage again
Dicebot:// Adding fire
PseudoGM: //Fwoosh! Bunny C's [Bloodied]!

PseudoGM: It responds by pelting, I don't know, lets go with Shuu to rub rocksalt into the wound, with a [Pillar]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 86 ( Total: 86 )
Yin: There's that fire you asked for *Yin smiles ditractedly, focusing on the magic*
PseudoGM rolled d8+12 and got 2 ( Total: 14 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 14 earth damage!
PseudoGM: Sohl?
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for Fire Water Earth Air essence gen
Shuu: "I will be certain to use it well" he slashes upwards at the rock pillar to parry it
Sohl pops that newly-formed Earth mote into his mouth. Yum! [Quick- Pure Mana!] [+5 MP]
Sohl then chants, creating a [Breeze] that flows over himself and Yin!
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 74 ( Total: 74 )
Sohl rolled 1d10+12 and got 2 ( Total: 14 ) for restore HP
Dicebot:// Adding air
PseudoGM: //Wrench!

Wrench ducks behind a pillar and starts mucking with her gun - throwing out a few parts that seem to have been fused and melted into slag, and popping in others. [Defending - Reload! Quicken 1!]
Yin nods in appreciation to Sohl
PseudoGM: Harino!
Harino glares at the remaining Simian, concentrating on her Soldiers Beads before she slams her katana down into it! [Q: to generate M-Launch, then Strike Down C:Launch]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 90 ( Total: 90 ) for 80/10
[OOC] Harino: One LP to hit, +1 potency from Slayer's Charm
PseudoGM: Hits!
Harino rolled 1d10+13 and got 9 ( Total: 22.0 ) for -2 from Falter, +4 from combo, +1 from charm; also -2 drive suppression
[OOC] Harino: HP: 72/95, MP: 25/40, LP: 9/10, Drive: 12 / 18 - Long K-Falter
[OOC] PseudoGM: 20]!
PseudoGM: The monkey retaliates with a punch of its own!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 )
PseudoGM rolled d6+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 12 physical damage to Harino.
PseudoGM: Shuu?
[OOC] Harino: HP: 63/95, MP: 25/40, LP: 9/10, Drive: 12 / 18 - Long K-Falter
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for 90/20
Shuu slashes at the air in front of him opening up a tear, he tosses his axe in and then draws his sword, taking a deep breath and diving in. A tear opens up above the remaining bunny and out comes only his axe, spinning in flames- And another appears on the floor as he dashes right at the bunny- He brings his sword at the beast while gravity strikes down with the axe in a conflagration
Shuu of flames! [Warp Strike - C: Fire]
Shuu grabs both weapons and jumps back into the front row as he deals [33] physical damage
PseudoGM: 3d8+32 actually but
PseudoGM: Seeing as how it only had 32 HP anyway that's enough for a [KO]!
PseudoGM: Another one bites the dust! And that's the end of round 4.
Dicebot:// Clearing Momentum List
PseudoGM: //FRONT ROW: Armored Simian B

PseudoGM: BACK ROW:
PseudoGM: BATTLE ORDER: Yin, Wrench, Sohl, Harino, Armored Simian B, Shuu
PseudoGM: All that's left is a single monkey, which looks intent on getting at least one more good hit in.
[OOC] Yin: HP: 62/80, MP: 45/60, LP: 10/10, Drive: 10/12
PseudoGM: Yin!
Yin rolled d100 and got 31 ( Total: 31 ) for Yin moves the fire to bore into Armored Simian B [Hunter Beam]. She begins shimmering faintly.
Sohl: "Time to pile it on!"
[OOC] Yin: -1 LP to burst
PseudoGM: Burst!
Yin rolled 1d10+19 and got 7 ( Total: 26.0 ) for ((If used on consecutive turns against different targets, deal +2 damage for each new target: 3rd target))
Yin: For 26 fire damage!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 26]!
Wrench ducks out from behind the pillar, levels her cannon at the monkey, and squeezes off a three-shot burst. [Attack]
PseudoGM: It's [Bloodied]!
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 8 ( Total: 8 ) for 80/20
Yin: !Momentum Add fire
Dicebot:// Adding fire
PseudoGM: //Wrench is a Crit Machine

Wrench rolled 2d8+21 and got 3, 6 ( Total: 30.0 ) for Critical, Patient
Wrench: For 30 physical damage!
[OOC] Shuu: Wouldn't call you patient with all those crits
[OOC] Shuu: Wanting to get the fight done fast
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for Fire Water Earth Air essence gen
[OOC] PseudoGM: 30]! It's in [SOS] now!
Sohl regular strikes at the remaining monkey! [Attack]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 45 ( Total: 45 )
Sohl rolled 1d6+6 and got 5 ( Total: 11 ) for k-falter…
PseudoGM: Not quite a kill because of armor!
PseudoGM: Harino?
PseudoGM: The monkey nervously turns in her direction, crossing its fingers…!
Dicebot:// Adding rush
Dicebot:
Adding pin
Harino shakes her head before slashing once more at it! [Attack]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 41 ( Total: 41 ) for 80/20
[OOC] Harino: /10 but whatever
Harino rolled 1d10+10 and got 5 ( Total: 15.0 )
PseudoGM: //That'll do it. [KO]! It stumbles back, then topples over.

PseudoGM: "Is it over, is it - GAH!" You hear the familiar shout as a dozen or so monkey head pops out from the leaves and nearby branches.
Sohl flips his handaxe around threateningly at the other monkeys!
PseudoGM: They take a few minutes to consider the party, then one of them lets out a shout!
Wrench flips them the bird.
Yin closes her eyes briefly, centering herself and reigning in the elemental energy. (([Mirage Bubbles] is resealed, +5 MP for winning the fight))
PseudoGM: A few drop down and grabbed the two unconscious, armored monkies, then quickly begin scampering off in random directions, away from the power station.
Shuu swings his axe in direction of the monkeys threatening "(That's a lot of monkeys)"
Sohl: "…that's better!" He flips his handaxe into its holder and punches the air in victory!
PseudoGM: One hangs back just a moment to return Wrench's rude gesture, and make sure the others got away, before taking off itself.
[OOC] PseudoGM: +15 EXP
Wrench narrows her eyes at them, and once they seem to be retreating, she shakes her gun before reslinging it onto her back. A few loose parts fall off.
Harino lightly growls, flashing her blade, watching them briefly before flicking it and sheathing it.
Shuu looks at Wrench for a while, before finally sighing "Oh well" he looks for the familiar, is it still around?
[OOC] Harino: HP: 81/95, MP: 25/40, LP: 9/10, Drive: 14 / 18
[OOC] Wrench: HP: 55/80 MP: 36/40 LP: 6/13 Drive: 17/18 BLT2/2
[OOC] Yin: HP: 62/80, MP: 47/60, LP: 9/10, Drive: 10/12
[OOC] Sohl: I love you guys
[OOC] Sohl: HP: 66/115, MP: 45/50, LP: 10/10, SoS: 28 - Drive: 12 / 18 (U)
[OOC] Shuu: HP: 67/95, MP: 30/40, LP: 8/10, SoS: 23, Drive: 8/18|36, Status: Short Shock
Sohl conjures up two healing [Breezes], one for himself and Yin, another for Wrench and Shuu.
Sohl rolled 1d10+12 and got 5 ( Total: 17 )
[OOC] Yin: HP: 79/80, MP: 47/60, LP: 9/10, Drive: 10/12
PseudoGM: "…A little help here?" You can see the familiar a couple of feet away, having been flipped onto its back and struggling to right itself again.
Shuu heads on over and helps the poor familiar back in the proper orientation
Yin: "Well, I will say that was much less- oh!" She runs over to flip the litte crab
Shuu: "There we go"
Wrench walks over to it, kneeling before it. "I dunno, guys, maybe we shoulda submitted a maintenance ticket first."
Sohl: "Any worse for wear, buddy?"
Yin: "What is a little thing like you doing out here alone?"
PseudoGM: "Whew. Thanks, I suppose, Wrench. I should really look into getting a gunmount of my own if you're taking off for real today." It makes a low noise halfway between a hum and a buzz for a few seconds, then nods to Sohl.
Wrench stands back up and squints, looking away from the familiar. "Hey, could patch one onto you real quick, if you want."
Harino: "Looks like we got here in time… Did they do any damage to the station, too?"
Shuu: "I think he would rather have a non-patchwork one, Wrench"
Shuu: "Doing a body change you really wanna do it right, believe me"
Wrench smiles a sleazy, fanged smile at Shuu. "Wouldn't let you down either."
Yin nods knowingly at the body change comment
Wrench: "But nah, I get it. I'm gonna recheck the meters, call me when we're headin' out."
Shuu: "More like call when you're done, we should be heading out soon as possible"
PseudoGM: The familiar gives Wrench a dubious but considering look, before eventually doing a headshake adjacent motion. "I'll get Eren to do it when I return to town. I saw how your gun 'reloads'. Don't want that much molten metal near my processor, thank you very much."
Shuu: "Not in the least to get away from the monkey grounds"
Shuu chuckles "(That poor gun)"
PseudoGM: "As for the ape - no, they accosted me as soon as I arrived! But it doesn't look like they've messed anything ELSE up."
Wrench: "I'll make it quick." Wrench scurries about the power station, rechecking various dials, frowning and cursing, pulling one of the terminals forward to sniff at the wires behind it - And then she's back.
Wrench: "…About as bad as we expected, but no worse, at least."
Sohl: "I'm guessin' it's odd for those pests to be so oddly… aggressive? Packed?"
Yin: "were they just here to steal some metal? They seemed very… aware for monkeys"
Shuu crosses his arms "They were armored, did they do that before?"
Wrench: "Oh, uh, nah. The armoring's actually normal."
Wrench shrugs. "Everybody gets by in their own way."
PseudoGM: The familiar nods.
Shuu: "Oh, I see"
Shuu: "Still strange by the standards of lower floors… But every floor is almost an entire new world, so"
PseudoGM: "They're scavangers, basically. Steal anything their little grubby hands can manage to pull free."
Yin: "How strange" Yin excitedly makes a note in her large tome before putting it back into her pack. "Fascinating!"
Shuu: "And on that note, if things here are doing… Well, not well but within expected parameters… We better get going before we aggro them any further"
Wrench: "Yeah. I'm not surprised that they tried their luck, but…" She draws a breath. "…Anyway, we're gonna get moving." She nudges the Familiar a little with her leg.
Shuu: "Can you make your way back on your own?"
Wrench: "He better."
PseudoGM: "Hah! After that encounter with not one, but FIVE armed humans? We should be good for a… week, I suspect!" It makes a pleased chirping noise.
Sohl: "Make it a good one! We may not be back for… a while!"
PseudoGM: "Right then. Well." A pause. "Make sure you stay safe. We'll want Wrench back eventually. … For sewer and outside work."
Harino: "Huh, it seems they do appreciate your work after all… to a degree."
Wrench laughs. "Y'ain't getting me back. They're gonna feed me roast beef every night and have me working on the mainframes up in the Capitol."
Shuu: "Don't worry, i'll take good care of your girlfriend" he says, and doesn't gives a chance for retort and gets right out of there before the familiar does what is the most obvious
PseudoGM: "Until they get tired of smelling you!"
Wrench shrugs at that as she strolls out. Okay, yeah, maybe she's a little distinctive.
Sohl: "Take care! Put all the cannons on y' hide!" He scurries off after Shuu!
Yin hurriedly follows the Maxwellian towards the stairs
Harino shakes her head, following after them. That's an amusing relationship they had.
PseudoGM: The rest of the way towards the stairs is pretty uneventual, compared to the incident at the power station. You still catch a few monkies and dusties out of the corner of your eyes a you walk, but they're giving you an even wider berth than before now.
Shuu: "Curious little monsters, those"
Shuu: "As in, they are very curious"
Sohl: "I'm sure we'll be fighting a lot more as we go on."
Sohl: "However many thousand floors we go!"
Sohl: "Y'all are quite the solid lot."
Shuu: "Good set of skills, in general, we worked well together. Glad it worked out well"
Shuu: "And yep, a few thousand floors to go"
Shuu looks up the stairs, nods to himself and starts heading up
Yin: "And we're much safer in a group! The floors will fly past at this rate"
PseudoGM: Eventually though you reach the stair well just as the lights are starting to dim for the evening. It's a large metal square tower going from the floor right up to the ceiling, with a small door on one side and a sign that reads "UP" directly above it.
Wrench: "Goin' up." Wrench says, as she lets herself in.
Sohl looks for a floor number sign near the door and polishes it a bit with his sleeve… but if there isn't one, he'll just move on.
PseudoGM: The door sqeeks, loudly, as its pulled open. Hings seem a bit rusted, and it doesn't get much use beyond Wrench heading up here once or twice a year to do maitence work on the relays and making sure nothing's broken
PseudoGM: The lighting inside the stair well isn't all that great either - it's flicking more than the lights outside were - but it's kind of hard to get lost when you can only move in a loop upwards at least.
PseudoGM: Sohl: CURRENT FLOOR: 1998
Wrench: "Don't lean on the railing."
Shuu sighs "Always saddens me the state of the stairwells'
Sohl nods and gives it a polish! Hang in there lil' sign.
Shuu heads on up front, after pulling out a small kinectic lantern from his pack. He doesn't likes wlking in the dark anyway
Yin looks warily at the railing, as though it will bite
Wrench: "Hate the damn lights in here. If they didn't flicker, I'd say to camp in the stairwell, but…" She squints at them, then speeds up.
Wrench: "Spend another minute in here than I have to I'm gonna get a headache."
Shuu: "I'll keep that in mind" he says, still heading up "Floors are kind of tall, though"
Harino keeps a hand on the wall instead of using using the railing, at Wrench's suggestion.
PseudoGM: You could *probably* make it out to the first relay station before the lights finish dimming with a bit of a hussle. Not as secure, but it's still a decent enough camp sight you're familiar with, Wrench.
Wrench considers, and - "We'll be camping at the Relay."
Shuu: "Suboptimal"
Shuu: "But alright"
Yin salutes "Aye aye, lead the way. You know these floors better than the rest of us"
Sohl: "Heh, can't blame anyone for not wanting to hang around the stairs."
Sohl: "There's somethin' about them though… that I like, but I reckon I'm weird that way."
Wrench: "Yeah, yeah. As long as we don't run into the Stairmaster."
Yin hustles. "Stairmaster?!"
Shuu: "Is that actually a thing?"
PseudoGM: The path's a little rougher on floor 1999 - you can tell hardly anyone comes out this way, but it's pretty similar to the one you were just on. Lots of trees, lots of dusties and monkies. You get more than a few lingering stairs, but you're moving quick enough, and Wrench notes which sectors in particular to avoid to keep from angering them.
Wrench: "Probably not, but there's enough nasty things livin' in the floor layers that runnin' into something on par with the legend if we stick around after dark won't surprise me."
Harino: "I'm… pretty sure that's only a rumour."
Wrench shrugs and holds the door out into floor 1999 open for everyone.
Wrench: "After y'all," she says, in faux-posh.
Shuu heads on out, looking outside, still pretty similar mostly?
Sohl hustles on through!
Yin: "Thank you" Yin hurries out of the dim staircase into the much wider space, clearly relieved to be in the open air again.
[OOC] Sohl: I make sure to leave any lingering stairs back in the stairwell though
PseudoGM: And before too long you make it to the relay - not that there's much there. A few nondescript metal cases, all about as tall as Sohl. There's a fence surrounding them, and near the gate in the fence there's a large sign that says "DON'T FORGET TO TURN OFF THE SHOCKER BEFORE OPENING" , then an arrow pointing to a smaller, mailbox looking thing a few feet in front of it. And all of that's
PseudoGM: under a canopy, to keep it from getting rained on.
PseudoGM: Neither the monkies or dusties have been bothering you since about ten minutes out from the relay, so it's should be a safe place to set up camp for the night here.
Sohl: "Yup, this is what we call a 'natural canopy,' yessir."
Wrench switches the fence off and checks the cases. "What do we got…"
PseudoGM: Giving it a cursory glance the readings are about what you'd expect. Not quite as good as the last time you were up here from the logs, but that's makes sense given the fluxes you're getting downstairs.
Sohl: "I'll wait for the 'all clear' before pitching any tents."
Yin: "Looks like a good place to lay out some bedrolls to me!"
Wrench closes up. "Yeah, should be fine."
Shuu: "As long as the tension isn't passing the safety thresholds it's a perfectly safe place"
Wrench switches the fencing back on after slipping out. "Y'all wanna make camp? I'll scout."
Sohl nods. "Good deal. Let me see what I can do about securing camp…"
Sohl rolled 4d6 and got 4, 6, 5, 6 ( Total: 21 ) for 2d6 + 2 survival
Yin: "I'll stay here. Wrench, you think it's ok to light a fire under the canopy?"
Wrench: "Should be fine, yeah." She's out into the brush…
Wrench rolled 4d6 and got 2, 1, 5, 6 ( Total: 14 ) for 2 + Survival 1 + Ranger
PseudoGM: Looks like three passes on camping, two on hunting?
Sohl sets up a small perimeter, sort of guiding others to position themselves well… it seems like they're a solid force. [The night passes uneventfully.] For dinner, Sohl pulls out a packet of caramel prunes to go with the rations and hunted food. [Everyone restores 4 MP.] [Everyone restores 4 MP.]
[OOC] Sohl: that is indeed 4 MP twice
[OOC] Yin: So 8 total?
[OOC] Sohl: yes
PseudoGM: Caramel! Sohl's pulling out all kinds of fancy stuff most've you haven't seen in a while.
Yin gratefully partakes, trying to not take too much since she has no rations to share back
Sohl shares some rations that he purchased before leaving with Yin.
Shuu: "Hrm… Caramel, hah, last time I had that, when was it? Right, we had found this interesting cafĂ©, quite a rich place you wouldn't think a maxwellian would be allowed in there at all"
Sohl: "I noticed you were travelling light."
Sohl: "And ambled up so quickly! Five minutes later and we would have been long gone."
Harino is rather quite pleased with the offering of caramel treats, her fluffy tail wagging happily.
Wrench comes back with few rabbits slung over her shoulder, and an old plastic bag in her other hand. She tosses the bag to Sohl - it clinks - and gets to work dressing her hunt.
Yin: "Thank you" She looks very embarassed about her under-preparedness. "Yeah, very lucky I passed by when I did"
Sohl nods to Yin, and gives a surprised "Oh!-Interesting!" to Wrench.
[OOC] Wrench: That's 3 rations hunted, which we'll eat tonight. I'll eat one and somebody else can eat one from their pack, but that covers everybody.
Sohl then turns to address Shuu. "Hm! Must have been at a far away place."
Sohl: "How long ago was it?"
Wrench is a pretty quick butcher - she has them cooking over the fire, soon enough. "Sohl, pass me a beer." She motions to the bag.
Shuu seems to be lost in some memory "Yeah, it was, higher up actually… I was still running around with the others"
Yin: She holds up a small charm on her wrist, smiling, "Must have been the luck my little siblings gave me before i left"
Yin: "The others?"
Sohl ! He scrambles for the plastic bag… produces a beer! (What kind is it?) He further scrambles to hand it up to Wrench.
Shuu: "Hah… What were we even doing there? I remember we got kicked out of the place, actually"
Shuu: "Yeah… I used to do this job with three others… Kyo, Ryu and Lenna…"
Shuu: "Well, they're out there somewhere, still doing the same job, I guess"
Shuu: "I hope"
Wrench takes it - it's a can of Ploughman's, nothing fancy - and bites into it, lifting her snout up and draining the can into it from above. Then she crunches the can up, tosses it aside, and resumes cooking.
Wrench: "Feel free to root through the rest. Just looted an old cache. Won't be coming by again for a while, so." There's two more beers in there, some animal crackers and a chocolate bar. You know. Luxuries.
Yin: "Well, hopefully you'll catch up with them as we go higher up! What separated you guys anyway?" She asks slightly distracted by Wrench's odd way of drinking
Shuu passes up on the drink
Shuu picks up a couple of crackers "I don't think I even remember anymore…"
Shuu: "I think we had a pretty big disagreement on… Where to go"
Yin looks longingly at the chocolate- caramel and chocolate both. Such spoils!
Shuu: "Kyo wanted to leave the place be and go to the next floor. Lenna didn't like how the maitenance was… Just not being done, you know"
Wrench picks up the chocolate bar, puts the chocolate bar in Yin's hands, without looking away from her rabbit.
Shuu: "Me and Ryu, well… Eh… It's not important at this stage"
Sohl takes a beer from the bag and sits back, leaning on his pack, stoking the fire with a long branch as he listens to the conversation.
Harino hmms, taking the last beer and taking a small sip, smiling a little as she watches the rabbits roast. The tuna will keep, but fresh meat on the other hand…
Sohl: "Think we'll run into any of 'em?"
Harino: "Did you guys split up recently? Or was that a long time ago?"
Shuu: "A few years ago"
Yin eats a piece of the chocolate and passes the rest on to Harino. "I owe you both big time for the sweets"
Shuu: "If we run on them again… Well, now wouldn't that be awkward"
Yin: "If you traveled together for a long time it's likely they miss you as well" Yin shrugs "Not so awkward I hope"
Shuu looks at the roast "Fate will tell"
Wrench: "Food's up." She passes out the roasts to Shuu, Yin, and - she looks between Sohl and Harino.
Shuu: "For a rustic roast sure is smelling pretty good" he mentions, taking his share
Sohl gives the nod to Harino.
Wrench passes it out to Harino. Wrench eats from the packed rations tonight.
Harino beams a smile at Sohl and Wrench, eagerly taking the ast roast. "Thanks!"
Sohl unpacks a set of his own rations and gnaws on 'em.
Yin enthusiastically eats the share she was handed muttering to herself very quietly about never traveling alone again.
Yin: "Oh Harino, you said your surname was Yasuya right? Like… of the big family Yasuya? Don't you guys train warriors or something?"
Yin: "Or was it… that you make weapons…?" Yin gestures at the long blades Harino carries.
Sohl: "Oh? I didn't realize we had a named warrior!"
Harino …freezes up mid-bite, then hurriedly swallows before dashing it down with some of the beer, taking a long breath. "Ah… maybe? The first, I mean. I'm just seeing the world while I still can.
Harino pats the swords, settled down on the ground for now. "These were made by another family, but they're good friends of ours."
Shuu: "That's good, seeing the world, spending a few years travelling"
Shuu: "You grow up from that"
Yin: "Bah you sound like my parents! They were… less than thrilled that I left the family home" Yin nods to Harino understandingly. "But traveling is nice, at least so far"
Wrench: "You'll change your tune if we get stuck in a monsoon, just so ya know."
Harino chuckles a little nervously. "Oh, mine weren't exactly thrilled by this either. I'm expecting more than an earful when I finally return home."
Sohl: "How long's before that happens?"
Shuu: "Now now, don't ask that"
Shuu: "That's the kind of question with no answer"
Harino: "That's… a very good question, thanks for asking?"
Sohl chuckles. "That works for me."
Sohl turns to Yin. "So what made you last-minute interested in the caravan?"
Yin: "Going up two floors was more intense then preivously assumed" She looks into the flames quietly for a mintue before saying "I didn't want to prove them right about me running back home… And no one else seemed to be heading anywhere fast"
Yin: "Also," she gestures at the very tall Hundred and Maxwellian and the very clearly armed Driftin "It seemed like a safe bet"
Shuu chuckles "For what's worth… Almost nobody travels anymore these days"
Sohl: "Eheheh! Yeah, that's also fair."
Harino: "Yes, I've noticed that, too. Though people are more than glad to get someone to help with any monster troubles."
Yin yawns, attempting and failing to hide it with her hand. "To be honest though using that much magic has worn me out, even with the boost of sweets…"
Shuu: "I mean, there's a reason we made camp"
Sohl nods. "Ah, yeah, don't let idle conversation stop anyone."
Sohl: "We'll be hitting the trail again and again."
Sohl: "So do rest up!"
Shuu: "I'm really due for a cycle as well"
Shuu: "Good idea"
Shuu finds a comfortable spot to lie against, sits down and lowers his head, time for bed (because he prefers to do so sitting than laying down, don't ask)
Harino nods, fluffing her pack into a makeshift pillow once she's ready to settle down for the night.
Yin: "Thank you all again for letting me tag along, I'd be really stuck back there otherwise" Yin fluffs her backpack into a makeshift pillow and lies down near teh fire.
Sohl unrolls his bedroll and lays across it uncovered, pulling his hat down to cover his face. Before long his breathing is deep and steady.
Wrench lays herself out. Snooze.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License