seedga-04

Last time on IRON BLUE INTENTION:
Following the ambush, the party worked their way westward towards Salvation, dodging patrols and blazing trails. Using a mystical pathway, they found themselves deposited in front of the Sabre Three Manor.
Sensing overwhelming power, recalling local history, and intuiting the manor's oppresive presence, the party backed off and turned their attention to the now-much-closer town of Salvation, looking for a way to pierce and/or dispel the magics, as well as finding Manfred Seed, Rivers' friend who seems to be heavily related to the disturbance.
Upon reaching the outskirts, the party was shot upon but ultimately befriended a local wolf-Hundred, Casing 'Casey' Thirty, and the group resolves to find Manfred, who's probably thick in a group of Deserters…
Casey slings her rifle across her back and then a leather brace on top of where her left arm should be- it seems like she can plant the stock of her rifle there and aim one-handed. "Should get moving, damn knows what set off that explosion, and if it'll cause another."
The smell of burnt straw and the sound of ringing bells wafts through the open window. [_]
Issa frowns. "This one knows what caused it, one thinks. It will do it again."
Ridwan: "All the more reason to hustle and stop it from doing so."
Rivers reloads his pistol and clambers down the knotted bedsheet, back outside.
Eidolon: "No one has ever kept -too- alert." And, a curious headtilt towards Issa. "Oh? Let's stop it then, shall we?"
Alida nods in apreciation of the strap before turning her attention back to the group. "Do we know which direction it went?"
Issa: "The thing I saw in the woods. That screamed and left without seeing me."
Eidolon: "Ahhh."
Eidolon: "…can you track it?"
Ridwan: "I didn't, but I reckon moving towards the explosion will make things clearer." And he starts doing so.
Eidolon: "It's simple enough to track an explosion." He follows!
Issa: "It seems to be causing enough havoc to track, yes…"
Claret hauls out and tags along.
Fortunately(?), once you're outside, it isn't too hard to triangulate the fire from the smoke that wafts upward, mixing with the pervasive haze that has kept with you this journey.
Alida jogs to keep close to Claret
Issa ranges along the outside again, keeping watch, scouting a bit.
Buildings are built close together, except in areas of odd elevation, where the road climbs and makes you puff as deep steps must be taken. The sound of firemen's bells grow louder as you head further into the city, punctuated by smallarm fire and random shouts.
As you advance, there's signs of life, but they don't seem to pay you much mind- Hundred barricading windows, Hundred frantically fueling up at a gas station, picking fights with others in lines…
Sweat beads down your necks as the temperature and emotion runs high.
Alida: "Find a good hiding spot, maybe we can ambush it?"
Ridwan: "If it's a spirit they most sense by live force so that would be… difficult."
Ridwan pauses. "Unless you're *very* good at playing dead."
Eidolon notices them, observes them, pays them no mind. They'll solve the immediate problem here, and then… they can worry about the high tension. "Would a distraction work?"
Issa: "Something maybe so that I can sneak up on them."
Issa: "It. Whatever."
Alida: "You only saw one, right Issa?"
Closer you near to the source of the disturbance, coming upon a long series of concrete buildings that will easily weather a fire, but the smell of smoke will persist long after. Flags burn on their poles.
Issa: "Only the one. If it is the same one."
Eidolon: "I can be -very- bright, and very bold."
Ridwan: "Hmm."
Then- a wailing shriek reverberates and echoes off of the walls, and at a cross ahead, you all see a streak of red- a fireball, a screaming face in portrait- blaze past, scorching the ground. Mortal screams follow in its wake.
There's people dying up ahead. [_]
Issa: "…perhaps we should not wait!"
Eidolon: "!!"
Ridwan pulls his mask back down over his face and advances!
Eidolon launches himself forward, into the fire and strife!
Issa surges forward, swirling cloak blending with smoke and dust.
Running ahead, you reach the ignited crosswalk- flames linger on the pavement, several Hundred writhe on the ground next to a nearby firetruck who's hoses lose pressure. Various other Hundred return fire at the direction the face went, but it's hidden by the smoke and chaos.
Ridwan: "Get the injured out of here, we'll deal with the spirit!"
Offices burn and billowing smoke roils out of concrete windows. A call cuts across the din- you can't make out the words precisely, but it's someone giving instruction on the water, and of aid…
Make yourself heard, Ridwan. [Figure out some skill and pitch it]
Eidolon: "(O Bright Eye look not away.)"
[In fact everyone take a second to snap judgment- what do you do, here? Defering to another is valid, but I'd like to see your action.]
Casey curses and braces her rifle, scanning the skyline; Rivers moves to distance any wounded from the ongoing fires.
Claret draws his sword, takes a step forward. He's ready to form the battle line, in pursuit.
Alida looks for a good position to make an attack from!
Ridwan isn't really much for leadship or directing other people - but he does know ice magic, and he's preparing to call it upon the flames and smoke to drown it out!
Issa plunges onwards, eyes searching for the creature.
Numerous others are attempting to control hoses, one whom seems quite young is attempting to utilize the water pumps…
Alida- you find an easy perch on top of a number of vehicles, and can find cover within an alcove that is not burning, thankfully.
Ridwan- your magics help suppress the flames and at this point, the smoke, which allows the ambulatory Hundred to gather their wits and regain control of the hoses.
Eidolon moves in the direction of the worst of the fire- and the water pumps are on the way, and maybe if -those- kick in this entire situation will be less of a burning mess- "Can I help you!"
Eidolon - "Firehose three-" The half-charred bear-Hundred shouts, and with a glint of his eye, you see one errant hose laying about, pressurized but clamped. "- brace yourself and aim!"
Claret- you analyze the patch, the scorch marks, where the wounded layed… if it were to attack from somewhere…
Eidolon grabs the hose- feet dig into the ground, filigree metal wings spring out from his back with a twang, and light up with unearthly cold flame.
Issa-
[OOC] Issa: Yessa?
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: check your pms
[OOC] Alida: :O!
Issa's head snaps around. "Claret, TO YOUR LEFT!"
There's a glint of metal from behind a flipped van- and as quickly as the glint hits your eye, a wall of steel rushes at Claret-
Claret reacts, turning left, sword ready.
Claret - and then dives out of the way.
There's a sharp -SSSSHHHHHRING!- as the mass skits across the pavement as Claret dodges.
Eidolon: "What the-" -he doesn't -drop- the hose, or flinch, even, but- you can bet he's staring.
Eidolon - the blast of water would knock lesser beings from their feet, but your brace cracks the ground and the hose blasts to life, spraying across the base of the flames. But there's one that doesn't extinguish, and you focus on it… until the flame shrieks and streaks from the building, heading towards mass!
The mass raises itself- Plates shaped and slid into place to resemble a humanoid, this crossarmed poltergeist stands resolute, long having forgotten what it's protecting.
Eidolon: "-THERE you are-"
There's a clattering of bones as two Skeleton Hundreds crawl from various wreckages-
And the wisp… The visage of a sunken face shifts its appearance, but the flames surrounding it brighten in intensity with each scream.
Joined by another that falls from the sky, cackling in its descent, an otherworldly missile.
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekiz0YMNp7A ]
Round 1!
[OOC] Alida: Driftin passive
Driftin passive!
Zephyr, you're just in time!
[OOC] Eidolon: caution that is SUPER LOUD
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: yase
Zephyr focuses not on the enemies, but his allies. He sends a burst of healing towards Issa before deciding if he should do anything with all of the gathered essence. [Swell - M-Recovery]
Zephyr rolled 1d100 and got 51 ( Total: 51 ) for burst check
[OOC] Zephyr: -3 LP sure why not. 10 drive after turn. Bursts
How 'Swell' of you!
[OOC] Eidolon: Oww.
Zephyr rolled 2d8+13 and got 5, 6 ( Total: 24.0 )
Zephyr rolled 3d4 and got 3, 4, 3 ( Total: 10 ) for all essence
Zephyr does nothing else for now.
[OOC] Eidolon: I would appreciate a Fire on the board at the end of the turn if someone can swing that so I can Monte Cristo the Hollow Armor onto me
[OOC] Issa: 24 points healing?
[OOC] Zephyr: Correct!
Screaming Wisp A chatters its mouth, shrouded in fire, and the embers flick onto Alida! [Q - Spark]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 80 ( Total: 80 )
Zephyr: "This one recalls the skeletons resist the flames. The armor, this one is uncertain."
Alida is afflicted with Short Burning I!
Alida does not like the heat! (Weak!)
[It doesn't do direct damage, you are simply afflicted with short burning I]
[OOC] Alida: Doesn't it up the damage taken from 6 to 9 on my turn?
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: interestingly no, Burning deals untyped damage
Screaming Wisp A then launches a fireball from its mouth at Eidolon! [Fire I]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 46 ( Total: 46 ) for 100
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d8+15 and got 3 ( Total: 18 ) for Fire damage
Scorching for 18 and Short Burning I!
Eidolon is already aflame! [Resist Fire - what's the reduction again? >_>]
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: -5
Alida!
Alida jumps from her perch into the fray! She attempst to [Demagic] the Hollow Armor
Alida: !Sugar 1d100 ; Dagger- 80 CoS, 25 critical, 2DMG on scratch
Alida rolled 1d100 and got 46 ( Total: 46 ) for Dagger- 80 CoS, 25 critical, 2DMG on scratch
Hit!
Alida: : !Sugar 1d8+6 ; Long E Falter. M-Rush
Alida: !Sugar 1d8+6 ; Long E Falter. M-Rush
Alida rolled 1d8+6 and got 2 ( Total: 8.0 ) for Long E Falter. M-Rush
Your dagger scratches against its frame! [5] [Long E-Falter]
Issa!
Issa swirls into the smoke and shadow, the air warping around them as they use [Mass Accumulator]!
[OOC] Issa: Shit, so I…burst check?
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: yes
Issa rolled 1d100 and got 49 ( Total: 49 ) for burst check
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: no burst :(
Issa is cloaked!
Hundred Skeleton A darts around Eidolon! [Formation Breaker]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 ) for 80
[OOC] Issa: I think I have max drive?
Eidolon does not break formation!
Misses, but deals 4 Scratch Damage.
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: did you reach max at teh end of your turn?
[OOC] Issa: at the end, yes
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: cools - at the beginning of your next turn you can (and must) OD! unless you defend, which will suppress it
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: at least I'm pretty sure that's how it still works, right…?
[OOC] Ridwan: yeah
[OOC] Eidolon: I think so, yeah
[OOC] Issa: Also, my K-power is going to Eidolon I think.
Hundred Skeleton B chatters and tries to disrupt Claret! [Formation Breaker]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 20 ( Total: 20 ) for 80
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d8+14 and got 8 ( Total: 22 ) for Physical Damage
Hundred Skeleton B is darting about in Claret's blind spots! [Long Taunt I]
Claret takes the blow to the tune of [17]!
Ridwan!
Ridwan finishes his chant and calls down a [Blizzard] upon Hallow Armor and Skeleton A as a bright blue glyph forms in front of him!
Ridwan rolled d100 and got 62 ( Total: 62 ) for 40
Ridwan rolled d8+8 and got 5 ( Total: 13 ) for water damage
The Skeleton is buffeted! [13] The Hollow Armor shrugs it off! [8]
[Hollow Armor - Resist]
Ridwan: "That's good to know…"
The Hollow Armor tromps up to Claret and begins bullying him with wide strikes! [Bully]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 39 ( Total: 39 ) for 80
Hachi-Roku rolled 2d8+10 and got 6, 8 ( Total: 24 ) for physical damage
He's battered for 24 physical damage, and Short Challenge I!
Screaming Wisp B spins around and whips a fireball off of its blazing tail towards Claret! [Fire I]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 47 ( Total: 47 ) for 100
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d8+15 and got 2 ( Total: 17 ) for Fire Damage
Scorching for 17 Fire Damage and Short Burning I!
Claret takes [19] and [17] and Short Burning I!
Claret!
Claret fixes his glasses [Q - Dragon Feather] and Defends, putting out the fire! Taking 3 damage from Taunt, right?
Claret: (or is it 6 I forget-)
[OOC] Ridwan: challange/taunt/burning are 6/12
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: 6/12 now
Eidolon!
[OOC] Eidolon: oh shit that's me
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: it you
Eidolon draws his blade - except the blade is gone, replaced with a burning edge of green-gold light! He levels it at the Hollow Armor… [Phantom Edge]
Eidolon rolled 1d100 and got 84 ( Total: 84 ) for 80
[OOC] Eidolon: spending LP
The edge might feel like it's glancing off- but there's no way that could happen! Hit!
Eidolon rolled d12+10 and got 12 ( Total: 22 ) for supreme damage, Long Curse
Eidolon darts forward, wings blazing, and gouges a forbidden mark in the armor's surface.
Cuts to the core of the being! [22]! [Long Curse I!]
Round 2!
[OOC] Issa: Eidolon, remember your short kpower
Rifle fire breaks out as a few more skeletons clamber over wrecked vehicles. One of them scuttles to pieces as a full-pressure hose is turned on them!
Zephyr!
[OOC] Zephyr: WHO JUST CLEARED THE MOMENTUM I ADDED
[OOC] Zephyr: FROM MY OD SCREEEEE
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: me i did lol
Zephyr starts off by drawing energy from his surroundings. Such sources include the earth, the sky, the flames of the town and the water that is attempting to douse it. Regardless of where it came from, they all meet the same end and are converted into essence. [Overdrive - All Creation | 1x of each essence. M-Fire/Water/Air/Earth +4]
Zephyr then sends a healing wind towards Claret and himself. [Breeze - M-Air+4]
Zephyr rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 ) for burst check
Zephyr rolled 2d8+17 and got 8, 1 ( Total: 26.0 ) for -1 LP to burst
Spend yr Luk
Zephyr rolled 1d4 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for essence
Healing for way too much!
[OOC] Zephyr: hold for quick
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: holdin'
Zephyr then fires off a [Wind] spell at the two skeletons.
Zephyr rolled 1d100 and got 67 ( Total: 67 ) for burst check
Claret straightens up a bit. "Appreciate it." [65/120]
[OOC] Zephyr: WRIA? I can't remember if they were weak to earth or wind
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: what element is [Wind]
[OOC] Zephyr: Air!
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: Neutral
Zephyr rolled 1d6+6 and got 1 ( Total: 7.0 )
[7, 7]!
[OOC] Zephyr: O
Screaming Wisp A chitters at Ridwan! [Q - Spark]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 59 ( Total: 59 ) for 100
Inflicting Short Burning I!
It then spins around and lobs a fireball from its burning tail at Zephyr! [Fire I]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for 100
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d8+15 and got 5 ( Total: 20 ) for Fire Damage
Which inflicts 20 fire damage and Short Burning I… which will go out by the end of the turn.
Alida!
Alida takes a second to assess the state of the armor, then attempts to [OD-Multitask]!
Alida: !Sugar 1d100 ; Dagger- 80 CoS, 25 critical, 2DMG on scratch. Overdrive!
Alida rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 ) for Dagger- 80 CoS, 25 critical, 2DMG on scratch. Overdrive!
Hit!
Alida: !Sugar 1d8+19 ; Supreme damage!, +8 from 4 rounds left in pistol. M-Rush
Alida rolled 1d8+19 and got 4 ( Total: 23.0 ) for Supreme damage!, +8 from 4 rounds left in pistol. M-Rush
The bullets pierce the Hollow Armor's defenses! [23]!
Alida: She follows that up with a hit of Synth Venom ((C-Air!))
Alida: !Sugar 1d100 ; Dagger- 80 CoS, 25 critical, 2DMG on scratch
Alida rolled 1d100 and got 99 ( Total: 99 ) for Dagger- 80 CoS, 25 critical, 2DMG on scratch
[OOC] Alida: -2LP for hit
The dagger scratches the armor… deeply, that is! Hit
Hachi-Roku: ok one sec
<Alida> !Sugar 1d8+6 ; Long Toxin and Short K-Shatter. M-Pin
Alida rolled 1d8+6 and got 1 ( Total: 7.0 ) for Long Toxin and Short K-Shatter. M-Pin
[OOC] Hachi-Roku> * <Alida: That's me
And we're back! [4] damage and Long Toxin and Short K-Shatter!
Issa!
[OOC] Issa: OD comes with a theme, yeah?
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: I love OD themes!!
Issa does something with their hands, teeth bared-and the air warps into a solid shield around Alida. [Stasis Field]
[OOC] Issa: Bubble 20 and long stalwart
Alida: "Ah, thank you. It was getting a bit too warm out here!"
Bloop!
[OOC] Issa: Sorry!
[OOC] Issa: I'm juggling several windows here
[OOC] Issa: Uh…do I burst chance on that?
[OOC] Ridwan: no cost or power rating, so no need to
[OOC] Issa: And then I can attack?
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: yup
[OOC] Issa: Can I use my own Recovery for comboing?
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: yup!!
[OOC] Issa: Uh…sorry, dealing with horrible input overload
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: 's fair!
[OOC] Issa: OD theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQhbktFT7HI
[OOC] Eidolon: Yesssss
The air distorts even more deeply around Issa again-then they launch forwards, their knives glowing a brilliant blue as they slice into the Hollow Armor! [Severance]
[OOC] Issa: Comboing with Recovery for +6 damage
Issa: !Sugar 1d100 ; Severance- 80 CoS, 40 critical
Issa rolled 1d100 and got 97 ( Total: 97 ) for Severance- 80 CoS, 40 critical
[OOC] Issa: Uh, shit, that misses, doesn't it?
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: unless you spend 2 LP
[OOC] Alida: Unless you spend luck!
[OOC] Eidolon: can burn 2 LP
[OOC] Ridwan: it does, but 2LP can force it to hit
[OOC] Issa: LP is 10 each? Gotcha. 2 LP it is
The slices connect right through the armor! Hit!
Issa: !Sugar 2d6+15 ; Supreme damage, dispels all positive statuses on them. M-Pin
Issa rolled 2d6+15 and got 2, 5 ( Total: 22.0 ) for Supreme damage, dispels all positive statuses on them. M-Pin
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: is that including the k-pow and k-shatter
[OOC] Issa: K-pow yes…what k-shatter?
[OOC] Eidolon: there's a debuff on the armor this turn
[OOC] Issa: Oh, that would bring it up to 25.
[25], as its positive statii are dispelled! Which are none.
It's all Bad Times for the Hollow Armor.
Hundred Skeleton A dashes in at Issa, raking at their knees! [Hamstring]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 24 ( Total: 24 ) for 80
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d8+12 and got 2 ( Total: 14 )
Clawing for [14] physical damage, Slowing Issa by 1, and picking up its own pace (Haste 1]!
[OOC] Issa: Reducing by 3 with buckler
Hundred Skeleton B then claws at the newly-slowed Issa! [Attack] [C-Pin]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 67 ( Total: 67 ) for 80/30
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d8+12 and got 7 ( Total: 19 )
Pounding for [19] physical damage]!
Eidolon: "Tch…."
Claret!
[OOC] Issa: Reducing by 3 again, damn
(and then Ridwan afterwards!)
Claret pulls down a swirl of steaming energy into his hand as he dashes forward, slicing into Skeleton B! [Demonstrate!] [C-Water+4]!
Claret rolled 1d100 and got 96 ( Total: 96 ) for 80/10
[OOC] Claret: -2 LP!
What a terrible night it'd be to have a Curse… Hit!
Claret rolled 1d8+14 and got 2 ( Total: 16.0 )
Claret: Striking for 16 physical damage! M-Launch +1!
[16] damage!
Ridwan pulls a vial from his satched and hurls it at the Hallowed Armor. As it shatters, the contents beging to grow over it, before bursting into flames! [Overgrowth - Fire Combo] motes then travel from it towards Claret.
Ridwan rolled d100 and got 93 ( Total: 93 ) for 40
Ridwan rolled d8+12 and got 3 ( Total: 15 ) for fire damage, healing
d8+8: 4 [Total: 12]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 27
[OOC] Ridwan: Er, +4 to both those. 19 / 16
The fire strikes deep, and a howling wind escapes between the plates, roaring in pain! [Weakness - Fire]
The Hollow Armor can't reach Ridwan, so it barrels towards…
Targets: eidolon
Eidolon! [Crush] [C-Pin]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 63 ( Total: 63 ) for 100
It leaps high and comes down with a savage hammer-punch!
Hachi-Roku rolled 3d8+12 and got 4, 8, 4 ( Total: 28 )
Crushing for 28 physical damage!
Eidolon: "Grah!"
As the blow lands, the curse takes hold… [-6]
And then… the toxin winds. [-4]
And the plates all fall apart.
[KO]
Eidolon * The Armor body-slams Eidolon… and then the green-white fire of Eidolon's wings burn through the plates, as they fall apart around him. He doesn't take -credit- for the victory, of course, but…
Screaming Wisp B flicks a firey tongue at Eidolon… [Q - Spark] [Inflicts Long Burning I]
It then concentrates its fire on itself, speeding up! [Igition] [+2 Drive] [+2 Haste]
Eidolon!
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: Er Whoops
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: That's supposed to be Short Burning I, eidolon
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: worry not
[OOC] Eidolon: Ogod
[OOC] Eidolon: K-Power is +3 now?
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: yes
Eidolon swings his blade through the air, one, twice, and it catches tendrils of fire, in the air- and then he carves a big Z through Skeleton A! [Monte Cristo] [C-Fire]
Eidolon rolled 1d100 and got 65 ( Total: 65 ) for 80
A stylish hit!
Eidolon rolled d12+15 and got 7 ( Total: 22 ) for Long Taunt
Hundred Skeleton A is going to have a hard time ignoring that! [22]
[OOC] Eidolon: +3 damage!!
[OOC] Eidolon: Add 3 damage to that sorry
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: done
[25]!
Round 3!
More gunfire in the distance. The fires are dying, but smoke continues to fill the area. It seems help is on the way, with headlights piercing in the distance, coming towards you.
Zephyr!
Zephyr rolled 1d4 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for essence generation
Zephyr starts off by sending a geyser of water towards the Screaming Wisp (A). [Explosion - M-Water]
Zephyr rolled 1d100 and got 26 ( Total: 26 ) for burst check
The water-flavored Explosion… rocks the Screaming Wisp! [Weakness - Water]
[OOC] Zephyr: -1 LP to burst
Zephyr rolled 2d10+28 and got 7, 10 ( Total: 45.0 )
[OOC] Zephyr: Good damage for a quick
Zephyr then proceeds to self-combo off of his M-Water, casting a C-Swell on Issa.
The blue explosion wobbles and wracks the Screaming Wisp, causing it to, well, scream even more!! [45]
Zephyr rolled 1d100 and got 58 ( Total: 58 ) for burst check
[OOC] Eidolon: Good Lord
Zephyr rolled 1d8+13 and got 5 ( Total: 18.0 ) for forced to be water from C-Water
Zephyr rolled 1d4 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for essence from swell
[OOC] Zephyr: EoT
[OOC] Issa: 18 heal to me?
[OOC] Zephyr: Yup!
Screaming Wisp A starts to recover from all this nonsense, and it looks amongst its targets. It flicks sparks at Issa! [Q - Spark] [Inflicts Short Burning I]
It then spins about and lobs a fireball at Alida! [Fire I]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 ) for 100
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d8+20 and got 1 ( Total: 21 ) for Fire Damage, weakness already added
Blazing for 21 fire damage after weakness, and inflicts Short Burning I!
Alida: Popped bubble :<
Hundred Skeleton A doesn't dare back down from Eidolon's taunt! [Attack]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 96 ( Total: 96 ) for 80
But at best, it just Scratches for 4!
Alida!
Alida makes a face at the wisp and moves to drive a dagger coated in [Synth Venom] into the dry bones of Skeleton A.
Alida: !Sugar 1d100 ; Dagger- 80 CoS, 25 critical, 2DMG on scratch
Alida rolled 1d100 and got 38 ( Total: 38 ) for Dagger- 80 CoS, 25 critical, 2DMG on scratch
Hit!
[OOC] Alida: 3 stacks of intuition means Rapid Fire proc, yea?
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: ice peter halp
[OOC] Claret: Yup!
[OOC] Ridwan: yes you'd only even need one with that roll
Alida: !Sugar 1d8+6 ; Long Toxin. M-Pin. 6 dmg to each other target, 3 rounds spent.
Alida rolled 1d8+6 and got 1 ( Total: 7.0 ) for Long Toxin. M-Pin. 6 dmg to each other target, 3 rounds spent.
[OOC] Alida: then 6 to me, ouch!
Sickly green tendrils snake over Skeleton A's bones. [7] [Long Toxin] Every other monster gets shot in the face! [6] [6] [6]
Issa!
Alida: "Bang, bang, bang!"
Issa rolls away from the direct combat, air warping around them again, knives flashing red in the firelight. [Mass Accumulator]
Issa rolled 1d100 and got 73 ( Total: 73 )
[OOC] Issa: No burst. Alida and Issa will get short K-Power at EoT
(( Don't forget your Short Burning I! ))
[OOC] Issa: Okay…when did that happen?
[OOC] Issa: I see, NM
Hundred Skeleton B throws hands at Claret! [Attack]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 ) for 80
But catches only air!
Claret slips out of the way. His glasses fall a little bit down his nose - he fixes them.
Screaming Wisp B reclines back, and its jaw opens wide- a piercing shriek causes everyone to flinch ever so slightly, and it streaks across the battlefield, singeing Alida and Ridwan! [OD - Scorch Streak]
[10 Truestrike Fire Damage Each]
[+2 Haste to Screaming Wisp B]
Alida is burned!
It flicks embers at Ridwan! [Q - Spark] [Inflicts Short Burning I]!
Screaming Wisp B lobs a fireball at Eidolon! [Fire I]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 34 ( Total: 34 ) for 100
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d8+15 and got 7 ( Total: 22 ) for Fire Damage
Dealing 22 fire damage and Short Burning I!
Claret!
Claret extends his hand towards Eidolon. There's a flicker of blue light, and a barrier traces in the ground around him. [Solace!] Fragments of warped air split away from Issa, weaving into the barrier field - [C-Earth!]
Claret rolled 3d8+23 and got 2, 3, 7 ( Total: 35.0 )
Claret: Restoring +35 HP to Eidolon, as well as granting a Barrier(u
Claret: …(8)!
What A Good Heals
Ridwan!
Ridwan claps his hands together twice, bows his head briefly, then quickly thrust a hand into the air as his necklace gives off a dull glow. A moment later there's a loud CRACK as lighting strikes the undead from above. [OD - Child Beloved By the Storm]
Ridwan rolled d100 and got 21 ( Total: 21 ) for 40
Ridwan rolled d8+13 and got 2 ( Total: 15 ) for Air damage to all four, and Suppress -2 as well.
Ridwan then quickly draws his shotgun and fires a slug through the gylphs lingering in the air and into Wisp A. [Roaring Bear]
Ridwan rolled d100 and got 38 ( Total: 38 ) for 80/20
Ridwan rolled d8+8 and got 5 ( Total: 13 ) for +10 additional water damage, then healing Alisa for +10(+6 more from stalwart for 16) HP
Screaming Wisps are [Resist - Air]! Neutral on Skeletons! [15] [15] [10] [10]
[OOC] Ridwan: right the roaring roar dice..
Ridwan rolled 2d8 and got 8, 7 ( Total: 15 ) for this much more
[OOC] Eidolon: how does Barrier work, again?
[OOC] Ridwan: ALSO I'M ZEALOUS i swear i know how this game i wrote works…………
Ridwan rolled d8 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for this much more on the GT hit sorry!!
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: ok while I adjust that tell me how much Roaring Bear did total lol
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: wisps are w:water so however that works out
[OOC] Ridwan: 28 phys + 10 water
[OOC] Ridwan: 15 water then
[OOC] Ridwan: Kill Shot Probably
Yeah the Screaming Wisp A pops out of existance with a brilliant flash! [KO] [Passive - Rancor]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 40 ( Total: 40 ) for 75
Inflicting 10 Truestrike Fire damage on Ridwan!
Ridwan grunts.
Ridwan: "Unpleasent little things."
Zephyr chuckles. "This one will make quick work of the other. Wait and see, smoothskin."
Eidolon!
Eidolon just takes a nice big swing at Skeleton A! [Attack]
Eidolon rolled 1d100 and got 43 ( Total: 43 ) for 80
The big swing connects!
Eidolon rolled d12+10 and got 12 ( Total: 22 )
Whunkus! [22]
Round 4!
Zephyr gathers more essence from his surroundings first and foremost.
Zephyr rolled 1d4 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
Out from the smoke-billowing building charges a soaked hundred, two others latched onto them, dripping wet with damp towels around their heads. Two of them aren't moving, but the being that charged is on hands and knees, breathing hard but consious.
"They're alive-" "Maybe not, get the oxygen-" "Sir, are you okay-?!"
Zephyr!
Zephyr then expels all of his essence on Screaming Wisp B, a torrent of water engulfing it. [Quick - Soldier's Beads | M-Launch] [Unmake - C-Launch]
Zephyr rolled 1d100 and got 71 ( Total: 71 ) for burst check
Zephyr rolled 1d8+43 and got 7 ( Total: 50.0 )
[OOC] Zephyr: Dragged to the front row.
Screaming Wisp B is launched and battered by a gigantic torrent of water, settling it almost on the ground! (is that including weakness)
[OOC] Zephyr: Yes
[50]!
Zephyr: "Smoothskin finish it off now, yes?"
Hundred Skeleton A strikes at Eidolon's legs! [Hamstring]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 52 ( Total: 52 ) for 80
Its tail lashes out for-
Ridwan: "Oh sure, let someone ELSE bear its grudge." You can't really see it from beneath the mask, but he sounds amused.
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d8+10 and got 8 ( Total: 18 )
18 physical damage and Slow 1… which does nothing much to Eidolon. It just sets up Pin momentum.
Zephyr: "Skeleton acts regardless, but one can deny action entirely if they pick my target. A worthwhile trade, this one thinks."
(Takes 4 from Toxin)
Alida!
Alida: "This one thinks you may be right" And she slashes ou tto [Demagic] the Wisp
Alida: !Sugar 1d100 ; Dagger- 80 CoS, 25 critical, 2DMG on scratch
Alida rolled 1d100 and got 68 ( Total: 68 ) for Dagger- 80 CoS, 25 critical, 2DMG on scratch
Hit!
Alida: !Sugar 1d8+6 ; Long E Falter. M-Rush
Alida rolled 1d8+6 and got 8 ( Total: 14.0 ) for Long E Falter. M-Rush
The dagger strikes across its face, and it splits open, revealing a brilliant flash! [KO] [P - Rancor]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 21 ( Total: 21 ) for 75
For 10 Truestrike Fire damage on Alida!
Issa!
Oh shit yeah that's e-falter
7 Truestrike fire damage
Alida: "I don't know how you all can stand this heat" ((Still W: Fire tho, so 12))
Issa gives a strange, high, ululating cry as the air stretches, warps-and they launch forwards again, a knife-tipped blur against a skeleton! [Warp Strike, Skeleton B]
Issa: !Sugar 1d100 ; Warp Strike- 80 CoS, 40 critical
Issa rolled 1d100 and got 40 ( Total: 40 ) for Warp Strike- 80 CoS, 40 critical
Criiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Ridwan: "Not having any fur helps, I imagine."
Issa: !Sugar 3d6+25 ; M-Launch
Issa rolled 3d6+25 and got 6, 6, 5 ( Total: 42.0 ) for M-Launch
Savagely collides for [42]!
Hundred Skeleton B tries to get some revenge on Issa with its probably last action! [Attack] [C-Pin]
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d100 and got 23 ( Total: 23 ) for 80/30
And it does! [Crit] [Unless you spend 1 LP]
[OOC] Issa: Spending 1 LP)
The blow only lands, instead of finding the incredibly soft spot where all the organs are.
Hachi-Roku rolled 1d8+12 and got 7 ( Total: 19 )
19 physical damage!
Claret!
[OOC] Issa: Reducing by three with Buckler
Claret slams his sword into Skeleton B! [Attack]
Claret rolled 1d100 and got 11 ( Total: 11 ) for 80/10
Claret rolled 1d8+10 and got 4 ( Total: 14.0 )
Claret: Striking for 14 physical damage!
The Skeleton is crushed, slashed to pieces! [KO]
Ridwan!
Ridwan unloads a slug into Skeleton A. [Attack]
Issa gives a strangled cry, deflecting the blow a little-but there's red staining blade and robes now.
Ridwan rolled d100 and got 58 ( Total: 58 ) for 80
Ridwan rolled d8+8 and got 7 ( Total: 15 )
The shotgun blast rocks it to pieces, shattering a car window behind it! [KO]
Victory
[+15 EXP]
Ridwan: "Phew."
Ridwan: "Everyone still alive?"
Issa staggers back, shaking bone dust and drops of blood off their blades. "One thinks so."
Alida pats out the embers still in her hair. "Mostly"
The fires are largely out- those attacked by monsters have gotten patched, and some unconsious Hundred are getting oxygen.
Zephyr nods to the others before going to offer his aid where he can.
Issa looks around, pushing hair out of their face, some of it stuck there still with sweat-leaving a small smear of blood as well. "My apologies. I thought there was only one of them."
Casey has taken a perch on an alcove, with some difficulty (mostly by scrambling and hopping off of car hoods). She's scanning the horizon for further threats.
Eidolon looks around- sword still aflame- and then cloaks himself in fire entirely, briefly, the Eye glowing bright before the light and flames wink out. [Chronometabolism] "Only one of the great big ugly thing, at any rate. And now there's none."
Ridwan briefly pulls his mask up as he pulls some herbs out from his satchel to chew on.
Rivers is patching up some burned firefighters, and thanks Zephyr for the aid.
Ridwan: "Better us them than them in either case, Issa."
Issa gives Ridwan a slight smile. "Aye. One must sharpen one's eyes, still."
The final Hundred which dove from the building, carrying two others, starts calling out- "-west hall collapsed, and the cache was empty. And the door barricaded. And…" He stands up from being hunched onto the side of the fire truck. Burnt white buttondown, suspenders into pants, a stoat-Hundred with brown fur across his head meeting white fur coming up his jaw.
"And I don't know who you all are, but thank you, dearly." He walks away from the truck, clearly exhausted, and begins to check on anyone nearby.
Ridwan: "Good job getting the other two out."
Alida moves to Casey. "You know this one?"
Ridwan climbs up next to Casey to take in more of the immediate area and try and get a feel for where they ought to move towards next.
Rivers pokes his head up, and after a moment's realization "-Manfred!" he barks.
Issa glances over at Eidolon. "Hm. That's a problem." There's a long pause, and then… "A group of adventurers should have a name. Hmm."
Ridwan: "- Oh, that's the one we were looking for?"
Rivers scrambles over, quite ungracefully, almost bowling over the stoat with a big hug. Manfred returns it, but he's clearly outmuscled.
Eidolon bows to, apparently, Manfred. "Just glad we got here in time." He looks… tired. Or winded. Or hungry.
Issa ambles over to join the rest of the group, eyeing the stoat-Hundred curiously.
"I'm glad you found me! Once the night fell, I doubted my call would be answered before I died!" He ruffles Rivers' fur, giving a coughing laugh. "What took you so long!"
Zephyr stands back, letting the two friends talk for the time being.
Alida: "Ah this is the one with the Spooky House, yes?"
"Trouble on the road," Rivers admits, "-but it sounds like things got worse."
Ridwan: "Mmhm."
"Yeah. Worse in a way I don't really like thinking about," half-mumbles Manfred. "-but this coincidence feels just…"
Rivers helps Manfred up, half-holding the man to keep him steady.
Eidolon: "One must observe what is there to be observed." His voice is gentle, though. "And you are not alone."
"It's a lot of bad timing, I'm afraid. I'd only asked if you could help with the ghosts and spirits, but things are getting worse by the hour, and despite the fight against all that, things are also getting dirty with, uh… some local trouble, I guess you could say," Manfred trails off, gauging the group. He's sizing up how much it seems that you know.
Ridwan: "On the upside, there's decent odds dealing with the haunting will help with the other things."
Zephyr addresses Manfred. "Smoothskins have already been to manor. You be confessing what happened, quawk!"
Ridwan: "That said… what can you tell us about the relics being haunted in your home?"
Issa just shoots a narrow-eyed glance at Zephyr.
Manfred shakes his head. "I sure hope so." He looks from Zephyr to Ridwan. "It's a fast moving story."
"May as well lit a trail of gas straight up to a station and it's about to blow."
Alida shrugs, "I agree with the big one. You may want to account for what's going on at your house, quick like then so we can put out your fires. Literally and not so much"
"By home… I'm guessing you mean the Manor." He spits on the ground, partly out of disgust, partly because there's soot in his snout. "I don't visit it much. Or, well, I didn't. I did so today, and there was… this force, this aura, this -hatred-. It's something that scared me to the deepest pit of my stomach but I knew where it came from."
Issa: "Where from?"
Eidolon is listening. Watching, mostly.
Manfred taps over where his heart should be. "The blood. The history. The Three family."
"Grandparents, parents, they may be dead but a place persists."
Issa: "Must be some family, to do this after death."
Eidolon: "An entire family's rage, poured into purpose, that purpose then thwarted…"
"A place that I love and a place that I want to see grow." Manfred nods. "'Some', I guess. It's people that makes a town. But it's… ah, this is hard to say."
"Despite every single person that makes a town a town, you still have bits and pieces that shine the brighest."
"Whether it's a person or a story or a legend."
Ridwan: "Of course."
Issa visibly grows intent at the words "story" and "legend."
Eidolon nods. And watches. And the eye glows a -little- brighter.
"Salvation is supposed to be that kinda thing, the quieter refuge for those who have had hard pasts, or have done things that they've hated, or want to know that there's others who've lived cruelly and that there is a place to be… 'saved' is too strong a word, but that's part of the draw," he sighs.
Alida: "A retirement community."
"And is how the town got it's name, of course," chides Rivers.
Eidolon: "'Salvation' is a place to which they choose to travel in their minds and in their hearts; 'saved' is an action, done by you, to them. A fine and subtle distinction."
"Retirement, understanding, helping." He thumps his chest, clearing out his throat- (he's missing three fingers on his right hand)
Issa: "But someone broke the peace?"
It's quieted. Some of the assembled Hundred have stopped tending to the now-abated crisis, and are listening to the speech. All of them, tired- and you notice- lack of an eye- scars, limps- a hook where a hand was-
Issa forges on, voice perhaps almost too clear in the quiet. "Someone picked back up their swords?"
"I would say that not all old dogs take to retirement quietly, but that isn't the whole story, it's too simple," Manfred rolls these words about, almost as if he feels like recalling them as he speaks.
Issa: "Simple stories don't end up like this," says Issa, quite dryly, waving a hand to take in the scene.
Manfred sighs. "Some are angry at what Salvation means, what the people decide to do with themselves. That so many years of knowledge and training of military actions and combat would settle for anything less than what has been sowed here. That they- or even we, deserved better, and deserve grander."
"That retiring to farm… beans and bananas and junk is just giving up what's ever been sacrificed on a battlefield."
Ridwan hops down from the roof as Manfred speaks, then begins to draw a circle filled with various glyphs on it's edge around one of the nearby builds that hasn't taken much damage with some chalk.
"That a Salvation founded on blood and treason and brotherhood can't survive on peace."
Green eyes narrow to slits. "Treason?"
Eidolon: "Mmmm. One fights one's battles in order to live another day."
"The older families that founded Salvation, all of them mercenary or military families. This patch of Tierra Del Cielo was once ruled by competing trading interests, merchants, just about anyone willing to hack a machete through the brush," mimes Manfred.
"Due to the region the same mercenaries kept getting hired, and their allegiences changed by the coin, until they all realized- why do we keep letting others push around borders and claims around us?"
"One bloody week later," Manfred mimes swinging a sword the other way "-all these interests found their local pursestrings cut, along with their belts, and some of them, their bellies."
Issa: "Why fight for the land, when they could band together and rule it."
Manfred grins. "And that's what they did."
Issa: "A tale as old as time, it seems-when the ones who hold the swords realize that they are the ones who can decide which way the swordpoint…points"
Eidolon nods, slowly. "And there are those who still see bloodstains when they look down on their hands."
Issa: "Or the shadows of old glories…"
"So was Salvation founded. It would then need to provide and trade for itself, as clearly few companies would invest in it now. And it was a severe number of years before Salvation could be stable, let alone profitable," chuckles Manfred.
"But then, once it's profitable, it becomes powerful, or so greedy people think." Manfred's eyes shift, did he regret what he just said?
Issa: "Mmm. And the question is asked…why plant and hoe and trade, when the swords could point, and things could be taken?"
"It's been a few generations since then. Newcomers keep moving into Salvation, and I worry that the old spirit is lost. They hear of its glorious founding and comeback tale, and…" Manfred shakes his head.
"…is the way forward one of force, or to sustain what was built before?"
"I know what I want, but-
Eidolon: "And there have been encough malcontents as of late to bring up old ghosts. Quite literally."
Issa: "Ahh. The tale grows in the telling, as it always does. The tales never…" Issa's expression turns wry. "…contain all the shit and the blood and the muck. Just the glory. For those are the tales we wish to remember."
The headlights that were in the distance during the fight- they've arrived. There's two large green trucks that pulled up- canopied military semis full of Hundred, each carrying a rifle, each booted and leathered up.
The Hundred around you stare back at them, and Manfred continues in a low voice.
Ridwan: "Don't step on the chalk!" Ridwan calls from the ground, still drawing his magic circle.
Issa goes quiet and intent, knives not coming back out…but their hands are in their sleeves. "Ah. The other half of the tale and the telling."
"…you asked about relics. I know of three." Manfred draws some short breaths. "Two in the Manor, a portrait of Sabre Three, and the gates themselves- they're reforged spears, and shields, and armor. The third is back within city hall- where I just ran from, but I couldn't get it in time. It's… um, a plowshare."
"It's what the Deserters are after."
[TO BE CONTINUED]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License