Tom D03s08

TheTale: Day Three - Afternoon.
TheTale: The desert of the Denmarche.
TheTale: The beating sun sets a shimmer on the horizon.
TheTale: Through a dusty haze, the faint sillhouettes of skyscrapers,
TheTale: which shudder, and tremble, and collapse.
Charlotte: "Such pleasant weather."
Linlea is half grumbling as they continue their trek towards Sycorax. "We could have taken a peek down there, you know."
Zen: "And probably get killed very badly"
Eris: "It's a nice change of pace from the snow. Doubly so given neither one of us is dressed for the cold, Charlotte." Eris flashes her a smile.
Linlea waves a finger at Zen. "That's why it's a peek!"
Eris‘ places a hand above her eyes as she scans the horizon. "This city looks a lot more like a ruined city from a post apocolyptic world than the human one did."
Charlotte: "I guess so… and that’s true enough."
TheTale: There's a light on the rise ahead, far to the south.
Zen: "It's certainly full of ruins"
Zen: "Given the story of the world… I guess it makes sense"
Linlea: "You know anyone down this way, Zen?"
Zen: "Hrm… I wonder if the marmot twins haven't gotten themselves killed yet"
Linlea: "Killed? Is it that dangerous out here?"
Zen: "I know a couple of monsters but i'm not sure if any of them would be helpful. I suppose blackeye could still be running that smuggling operation but she wanted out…"
Zen: "Oh no it's just"
Eris: "I imagine people are a lot more careless when all death means if you hop into the nearest ody."
Zen: "I'm a mercenary, you know. Kind of the dangers of the job"
[OOC] Eris: is^
Charlotte: "Well, there is a war going on, after all."
Eris: "That too."
Linlea: "Doesn't seem like a very violent war to me, though. Lots of sitting around and waiting. The only time I've actually seen anyone attack was the first day we got here."
Linlea: "Prospero is just on their battleship waiting around all day."
Maria: "Don't make assumptions on just what you see."
Zen: "It's what happens when each side has a… Very strong deterrent. The endless waves of the monsters and, up to now, some devilish fiends"
Eris: "And the next day at the fortress. And this morning with the literal army in the distance."
Zen: "Engagements tend to be few but very bloody"
Linlea: "Okay, let me rephrase that. I haven't seen any engagements that did not involve us."
Zen: "That's… Because the band girl is an asshole"
Eris: "And we're nosey."
TheTale: As you near the light, it swivels at you, seeming to squint for a moment - a lamp, or an eye of some kind? - And there's the distant roar of an engine, and it vanishes over the hill.
Zen looks ahead
Zen: "Watch out, can't tell what that was"
Zen continues going nontheless
Eris‘ waves towards the light as she passes by.
TheTale: Whatever it was, it left a single line of tracks.
TheTale: It meets up with many others, like it.
Linlea: "At this rate we might reach the city right around the same time the entire army gets back."
Zen: "It wouldn’t be too bad"
Zen: "It'd be easier to sneak in the mess"
TheTale: Above, the full moon is coming out, sharing the sky with the lowering sun.
TheTale: Looks like there's a camp flying red banners ahead, built up around the support of a highwayless underpass.
Zen: "A Yhe Holmat camp from the looks of it"
Eris: "'Yhe'?"
Zen: "It's the name"
Zen: "They're… Some of the most aggressive, bloodiest members of the monster government"
Eris: "I see."
Zen: "Basically the front line of the army, kinda"
Linlea: "So… wanna take a detour?"
Zen: "Hrm… They can be trouble"
Zen: "Or a lot of help if we're lucky, never know"
Zen looks at the tracks, they lead to the camp, right?
Charlotte: "I'm not sure if they'd take kindly to a bunch of obvious humans visiting, in that case."
Eris: "Can't imagine why they would." Eris shrugs towards Zen and Linlea both.
Zen: "Yeah it's probably worth a detour"
TheTale: The tracks… seem to avoid the camp, actually.
Zen headscratches
Eris: "Not as if we really have a particular destination in mind, however."
Zen: "Actually"
Zen: "Let's avoid them for sure"
Zen: "I've a vague feeling we may have someone to help us, and they're avoiding them as well"
Linlea: "You have any idea where Yesker is?"
Linlea: "That's part of the reason we came over here to begin with."
Zen points to the tracks
Zen: "That's my idea of where Yesker is"
Eris: "Either way works for me."
Linlea nods before following the tracks. "Let's go, then."
Eris‘ rests her hands on top of her head, trailing behind Linlea and Zen.
TheTale: Following them?
[OOC] Eris: aye
Zen is, yes
Maria is as well.
TheTale: As the wind blows, the furrow through the sands gets a little bit more difficult to catch.
TheTale: But there are scratches, when it passes over exposed rock, that reassure you that you’ve found the trail.
TheTale: And then, there it is -
TheTale: In the middle of what looks like a group of Holmat soldiers (carapace-heavy, wearing goggles, dressed in red-)
TheTale: …In the middle of them, ripping them apart, a silver-black beast on two wheels, headlamp shining.
TheTale: Its terrible maw splattering blood out onto the dust, with a noise like a grinding engine.
Zen: "Hrm… did we run into something else?"
Eris: "Oh, a motorcycle. That makes sense."
Charlotte: "A motorcyle… monster? I guess that works."
Linlea: "Can't say I expected that!"
Maria: "Can we…just wipe out whichever side's left standing?"
Charlotte: "You would say that."
Zen: "Given we want someone to help us find out where Yesker is"
Zen: "It'd be counter to our objective"
TheTale: The last of the patrol is crawling for cover, and then -
Eris‘ pats Maria on the head.
TheTale: The silver-black drifts down, lines itself up, revs, and -
Eris: "You are very bad at the concept of ’peace', aren't you?"
Maria: "Rome wasn't built in a day."
Maria sighs, then grabs a rock and throws it at the bike.
Charlotte: "Now I'm left wondering how she knows that expression."
Maria: "We should leave one of them alive, I guess…?"
Eris: "That's one of those things you're expressly not supposed to thing about, Charlotte!"
Linlea: "I'd prefer if they just stopped fighting but I mean…"
TheTale: The rock bounces off its headlamp.
Eris: "And we probably ought not kill anyone, while trying to broker a peace treaty. Silly girl."
Zen: "I suppose we could roll in and just ask nicely" he head ahead as Maria throws the rock
TheTale: It cocks its handlebars and growls, turning on you.
Zen: "Hello!"
Linlea waves to the beast. "Can we have a word?"
Zen: "Sorry, do you have some time?"
Maria wonders if talking to that thing is actually going to get somewhere when it just rampaged through a patrol.
Charlotte bows politely in its direction.
Maria just readies her axe.
Eris‘ offers a wave with one hand, while keeping her other on Maria’s head.
TheTale: Battle order: Silverblack [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:6 Linlea [B]:8 Maria [F]:10 Zen [F]:10 Eris [F]:12
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
Linlea glances at Maria and then Eris. "And you said I lacked social tact."
Maria: "Monsters don't need tact."
Zen: "You do not, in fact, need any tact, Maria"
Zen: "You'd fit right in with Yhe Holmat"
Maria just glares at Zen.
TheTale: The metal phantom answers by revving [Death Race] and pointing its headlamp at Maria. [Warning - Next hit will do +50%!]
[OOC] TheTale: It's faster, and its attacks will quicken you.
Maria: "…see? No reasoning with it."
Charlotte: "I don't think it's very friendly." [Recover primed with Wheels Within Wheels]
[OOC] Maria: especially appropriate for this fight
Zen: "Hrm… Hey could you please hold on for just a minute?"
Zen: "We just want to talk"
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Linlea [B]:2 Maria [F]:4 Zen [F]:4 Eris [F]:6 Silverblack [F]:14
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Charlotte!
Eris: "We are of course, willing to talk with our fists if you lack the parts needed to communicate with words!"
TheTale: Its chrome is stained with blood, fresh and worn.
Linlea: "It's already shown to be violent. I'm not sure we need to be holding back here?"
Eris: "My fist may be a hammer however…? In either case."
Eris‘ shrugs.
Charlotte shakes her head and waves her scythe in the bike’s direction, its shadow rippling. [Mire, 50D, deals 56 magical shadow damage for (4), which'll expend itself for 189 if it uses a Support ability on itself or… its non-existant allies]
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 505/550, MP: 186/550, LP: 6/7, SoS: 137 - Recover Primed (U)
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Maria [F]:2 Zen [F]:2 Eris [F]:4 Silverblack [F]:12 Charlotte [F]:48
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Mire[56](4)
TheTale: Linlea!
Linlea fires off an arrow embedded it in the Silverblack. [Atlas Buster - 60D, Show Me What You Got]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 )
Linlea rolled d12*1.3+140*1.3 and got 12 ( Total: 197.6 )
[OOC] Linlea: Wound 49(4)
Eris‘ follows Linlea’s bow up with a quick smash from her hammer. [Assist]
Eris‘ rolled d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 )
Eris` rolled d12+160 and got 7 ( Total: 167 )
TheTale: Blood trickles down the side, mixed with oil. [197] [167]!
TheTale: Oh, actually -
TheTale: The bike swerves as you fire the arrow. [Evasion 15.] Gonna make it hit with a luck?
[OOC] Linlea: Yes.
TheTale: Got it! [-1 LP]
TheTale: Maria and Zen!
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Zen [F]:0 Eris [F]:2 Silverblack [F]:10 Charlotte [F]:46 Linlea [B]:58
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Mire[56](4) Wound[49](4)
Maria follows up with a Forward Strike! [50D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 17 ( Total: 17 )
[OOC] Maria: evasion doesn’t affect crit right?
[OOC] TheTale: It does not
[OOC] Maria: -1 Luck
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 580/600, MP: 446/500, LP: 5/8, SoS: 150 - +20% Taken (1)
TheTale: Strikes true!
Maria rolled d10+120,200% and got 6 ( Total: 252.0 ) for +20% and +80 HP to SA following this
[OOC] TheTale: 252]!
Charlotte waves a hand, Maria's shadow lashing out again! [Umbral Slash, SA]
[OOC] Linlea: [SHP: 80] HP: 580/600, MP: 446/500, LP: 5/8, SoS: 150 - +20% Taken (1)
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for 85
Charlotte rolled 1d12+135,220 and got 3 ( Total: 303.6 ) for -15 delay for Charlotte
[OOC] Maria: HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 550</span>/550, MP: 257/550, LP: 0/8, SoS: 137 - +0% to SAs (U)
Zen sighs, shrugging "If you wanna fight that bad, then" he rushes ahead, delivers a pair of slashes with his claws, spins around and delivers a shoulder tackle, pushing it back [Beat Parry, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 63 ( Total: 63 ) for 80
TheTale: It's a hit!
Zen rolled 1d8+110 and got 1 ( Total: 111 ) for Physical, Melee, -30% damage dealt to not-Zen on next action
[OOC] Zen: Magical Footing
[OOC] Zen: HP: 700/700, MP: 350/550, LP: 5/7, SoS: 175
TheTale: Charlotte slashed for a deep [303].
LaptopWeazel: whoa, Stick got an upgrade O_o.
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 550/550, MP: 186/550, LP: 6/7, SoS: 137 - Recover Primed (U)
[OOC] TheTale: 111].
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Silverblack [F]:8 Charlotte [F]:29 Zen [F]:45 Maria [F]:48 Linlea [B]:56
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Mire[56](4) Wound[49](4)
TheTale: Eris!
Eris‘ waves her fingers towards Charlotte as she begins to glow softly [High Spark]. before moving in to hit the motorcycle with her hammer. [60D]
Eris` rolled d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 )
Eris` rolled d12+160 and got 1 ( Total: 161 )
Eris` rolled d12+150 and got 12 ( Total: 162 ) for healing
Linlea follows up the strike with an arrow of her own. [Attack Assist]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 7 ( Total: 7 )
[OOC] Linlea: -1 LP
Linlea rolled d12*2+140*2 and got 2 ( Total: 284.0 ) for Plus wound damage
[OOC] TheTale: 161]! [284]! [49]!
[OOC] Eris: er wait that was damage char did not took, n/m that spark, just sat back down
TheTale: The phantom revs up and drifts into Zen, smashing into him! [Battle Fervor]
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 50 ( Total: 50 )
TheTale rolled 1d8+156 and got 3 ( Total: 159.0 )
TheTale: Inflicting Fervor[156](3) - When you perform an action that deals no damage, take another 156 damage!
[OOC] Linlea: Wound Damage!
[OOC] Charlotte: Also Mire
[OOC] TheTale: 59] [49]. Oh, and before the happens -
TheTale: The bike revs ominously. [In the Zone]
Zen just takes that damage
[OOC] Zen: HP: 571/700, MP: 350/550, LP: 5/7, SoS: 175
TheTale: The bike slams into Zen again, burning forward - [Shatter!]
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 71 ( Total: 71 ) for 80
Zen smacks it out of the way [Repel]
Zen: "Stop that"
TheTale: The bike’s smashed back.
TheTale: It revs again [In the Zone] and comes around for another [Shatter] ram!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 57 ( Total: 57 )
Zen raises his arms in defense, go for it
TheTale rolled 1d8+156 and got 8 ( Total: 164.0 )
TheTale: Hitting him for 164 physical damage!
TheTale: A blast wave rocks through the rest of the party - they're taking +30% damage (1)!
[OOC] Linlea: [SHP: 80] HP: 580/600, MP: 446/500, LP: 4/8, SoS: 150 - +50% Taken (1)
Zen does not moves from the blow [Undaunted]
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:4 Silverblack [F]:7 Maria [F]:23 Linlea [B]:31 Eris [F]:35
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : [<span style="color: #008000;">====== </span>] Mire[56](1) Wound[49](1) Zone Time(1)
TheTale: Zen!
[OOC] Zen: [THP: 80] HP: 571/700, MP: 350/550, LP: 5/7, SoS: 175 - Fervor[156] (3)
Zen sighs, this is a fast beast "If you're asking for it" he lunges forward like a beast, jumping on top of the Silverblack and drives his claws into it before climbing back down, staying righto n it's face [Lunge, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 93 ( Total: 93 ) for 80
Zen is not willing to not hit that [2 luck]
[OOC] Linlea: It has 15 evasion.
Zen isn't going to hit that at all, then, it seems
[OOC] Zen: Or
[OOC] Zen: Yeah i'm not hitting
TheTale: The phantom flickers and - splits! [Shadow Evade]
[OOC] Zen: [THP: 80] HP: 571/700, MP: 290/550, LP: 5/7, SoS: 175 - Fervor[156] (2)
TheTale: Fervor activates, burning Zen for [156]!
TheTale: (And dissipating.)
[OOC] Zen: HP: 495/700, MP: 290/550, LP: 5/7, SoS: 175
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Silverblack [F]:3 Silverblack [B]:16 Maria [F]:19 Linlea [B]:27 Eris [F]:31 Zen [F]:43
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : [<span style="color: #008000;">====== </span>] Mire[56](1) Wound[49](1) Zone Time(1)
TheTale: Charlotte!
TheTale: (Oh, disregard wrong row on other time card, it's front.)
Charlotte slams her scythe into the motorcycle! [Backstab, 60D]
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 29 ( Total: 29 ) for 85
Charlotte rolled 1d12+175 and got 8 ( Total: 183.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 183]!
TheTale: The phantom opens its maw wide and lunges for Linlea. [Mortal Blow]
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 19 ( Total: 19 ) for 80
Linlea: "Tsk."
[OOC] Linlea: [SHP: 80] HP: 580/600, MP: 446/500, LP: 4/8, SoS: 150 - +50% Taken (1)
TheTale rolled d8*1.3+390*1.3 and got 6 ( Total: 514.8 )
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 550/550, MP: 186/550, LP: 6/7, SoS: 137 - +30% Taken (0),Recover Primed (U)
Eris: "That's all yours, dear."
TheTale: It chomps onto her for 514 physical damage! She's left strangely faded - You take and inflict -30% damage (4)!
TheTale: (Condition dissipates when healed.)
[OOC] Linlea: I had +50% taken not 30%
[OOC] Linlea: From my quicks 20
Zen slams his foot on the ground and a barrier appears in front of Linlea "NO YOU DON'T!" [Withstand - Take only 100 damage]
[OOC] TheTale: Back row!
[OOC] Linlea: Oh I'm dumb nvm))TheTale: GAing that, Zen?
Eris: "Oh right, I forgot he could do that."
[OOC] Zen: Iron Curtain lets me use my passives on back row people
[OOC] TheTale: Oh neat~
TheTale: Condition still sticks, though!
[OOC] Linlea: [SHP: 80] HP: 580/600, MP: 446/500, LP: 4/8, SoS: 150 - +50% Taken (1)
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 560/600, MP: 446/500, LP: 4/8, SoS: 150 - +50% Taken (1)
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 560/600, MP: 446/500, LP: 4/8, SoS: 150 - +50% Taken (1),-30% Taken/Dealt (4)
TheTale: It swivels its headlamp onto Eris, warning her!
TheTale: And then, you know, revs up and chomps onto her, too. [Mortal Blow]
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 17 ( Total: 17 )
TheTale rolled d8*1.8+390*1.8 and got 5 ( Total: 711.0 ) for Warning, Shatter
TheTale: Chewing into her for 711 physical damage and the Mortal Injury (4) before spitting her out into the dust!
Zen jumps in front of Eris this time, taking the hit instead [G.A.]
Eris‘ yawns loudly as the space around her distorts heavily and pink sparks shoot out into the sky.
[OOC] Eris: julian don’t be stupid
[OOC] Zen: Or
[OOC] Zen: Right you can take it
[OOC] Zen: I forgot you got lazy damage
Eris: "Zen I'm fine." She holds out a hand, pushing him back.
Zen steps back "Right I forgot you're not as fragile as you look"
Eris: "Even if I wasn't, there'd be no sense in getting yourself killed instead."
Eris: "But I suppose I can appreciate the sentiment."
Zen: "I could have taken that hit, but alright"
TheTale: The motorcycle revs up again and dashes for Linlea! [Deconstruction]
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 10 ( Total: 10 )
Eris‘ tilts her head in his direction.
TheTale rolled d8+156 and got 7 ( Total: 163.0 ) for back row, try and stop me, mortal blow, it’s a wash
[OOC] Zen: It's a wash?
TheTale: Hitting her for 163 physical damage and Deconstruction[130](6) - take 130 after each action, dissipates when struck.
[OOC] TheTale: 'many things add up to nothing'
[OOC] Zen: Ahahaha, okay
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Maria [F]:3 Eris [F]:5 Zen [F]:27 Silverblack [F]:38 Charlotte [F]:44
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Linlea!
Linlea pulls out her flute before taking a deep breath. [Magma Burst - 50D | Try and Stop Me]
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 430/600, MP: 446/500, LP: 4/8, SoS: 150 - -30% Taken/Dealt (3),Deconstruction[130] (5)
[OOC] TheTale: Wait didn't you just use that quick
[OOC] Linlea: No I used Show me What you Got last time.
[OOC] TheTale: Oh whoops <3
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Eris [F]:2 Zen [F]:24 Silverblack [F]:35 Charlotte [F]:41 Linlea [B]:47
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Maria!
[OOC] Linlea: I use Try and Stop Me with vengeance since getting hit extends the counter phase.
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 430/600, MP: 386/500, LP: 4/8, SoS: 150 - +5D when hit (1),-30% Taken/Dealt (3),Deconstruction[130] (5)
Maria points at the Sliverback, a green glow surrouding it. "Let's take it down!" [PiƱata, 50D; Hit the Silverback, heal 100 HP]
[OOC] Maria: HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 550</span>/550, MP: 197/550, LP: 0/8, SoS: 137 - +0% to SAs (U),+30 incoming damage (0)
TheTale: Eris!
Eris‘ spreads [68] damage to everyone in the party, before tossing herself a [High Spark], then moves in to slam her hammer into the bike. [60D]
Eris` rolled d12+150 and got 3 ( Total: 153 ) for heal
d100: 41 [Total: 41]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 194
Eris` rolled d12+160 and got 12 ( Total: 172 )
[OOC] TheTale: 172]!
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 12] HP: 550/550, MP: 186/550, LP: 6/7, SoS: 137 - Recover Primed (U)
TheTale: Mortal injury dissipates!
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Silverblack [F]:11 Charlotte [F]:17 Linlea [B]:23 Maria [F]:26 Eris [F]:38
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Zen!
[OOC] Maria: HP: 482/550, MP: 197/550, LP: 0/8, SoS: 137 - +0% to SAs (U)
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 362/600, MP: 386/500, LP: 4/8, SoS: 150 - +5D when hit (1),-30% Taken/Dealt (3),Deconstruction[130] (5)
[OOC] Eris: HP: 436/600, MP: 480/600, LP: 5/6, SoS: 150
Zen cracks his knuckles, this beast is annoying. He runs in and delivers a relentless sequence of strikes [Iron Weave, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 77 ( Total: 77 ) for 80
Zen is still not hitting anything
[OOC] Zen: Technical Footing
TheTale: It swerves and evades, burning forward to shred into Zen again! [Deconstruction]
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 29 ( Total: 29 )
TheTale rolled d8+156 and got 3 ( Total: 159.0 )
TheTale: 159 and Deconstruction[130](6)!
Zen takes the hit "Aren’t you annoying"
TheTale: Taking 130 per action until damaged again, that is.
Linlea rolled d10+150 and got 1 ( Total: 151.0 ) for +30/-30
[OOC] TheTale: 151]!
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Linlea [B]:6 Maria [F]:9 Zen [F]:20 Eris [F]:21 Silverblack [F]:32
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Charlotte!
Eris: "Hmm. Slowed down."
Eris: "Guess it's familiar with your song…?"
Charlotte slams her scythe into it again. [Backstab, 60D]
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 83 ( Total: 83 ) for 85
Linlea: "I don't know why it would be. The only thing we've ever let get away I never used it on."
Charlotte rolled 1d12+175 and got 2 ( Total: 177.0 ) for -2 luck
[OOC] TheTale: 177]!
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 12] HP: 550/550, MP: 186/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Recover Primed (U)
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Maria [F]:3 Zen [F]:14 Eris [F]:15 Silverblack [F]:26 Charlotte [F]:54
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">==== </span>]
TheTale: Linlea!
Eris: "Perhaps your more popular than you think!"
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 462/600, MP: 386/500, LP: 4/8, SoS: 150 - Deconstruction[130] (5)
Linlea readies an arrow and fires it at the Silverblack! [Magic Burst - 70D | Overdriver]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 18 ( Total: 18 )
[OOC] Linlea: -2 LP
Linlea rolled d12*2.5+266*2.5 and got 12 ( Total: 695.0 )
TheTale: Strikes true!
[OOC] TheTale: 695]!
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 332/600, MP: 386/500, LP: 2/8, SoS: 150 - Deconstruction[130] (4)
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 332/600, MP: 376/500, LP: 2/8, SoS: 150 - Deconstruction[130] (4)
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Zen [F]:11 Eris [F]:12 Silverblack [F]:23 Charlotte [F]:51 Linlea [B]:67
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>]
TheTale: Maria!
Maria follows up her command with a strike!
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 9 ( Total: 9 )
Maria rolled d10+120,200% and got 5 ( Total: 250.0 )
Zen jumps in after to add a bit more damage [Rolling Crash - S.A.]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 99 ( Total: 99 ) for 80
Zen isn't hitting a thing today
TheTale: It flickers and splits again!
[OOC] TheTale: 250] from Maria, however!
Maria takes another swing and strikes! [Bulwark Strike, 70D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 51 ( Total: 51 )
Linlea: "I have a pretty long wind down time after firing that shot. You guys got this?"
Maria rolled d10+120 and got 9 ( Total: 129.0 )
Eris: "Yup."
[OOC] TheTale: 129]!
Maria taps Zen on the shoulder when she gets back. [+80 HP]
TheTale: …It takes on the look of a cornered beast.
[OOC] TheTale: Desperation
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Eris [F]:1 Silverblack [F]:9 Silverblack [F]:12 Charlotte [F]:40 Linlea [B]:56 Maria [F]:59
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">= </span>]
TheTale: Zen!
TheTale: Eris!
Zen takes a deep breath and takes a step back into the back row [Preparation, 30D]
[OOC] Zen: HP: 316/700, MP: 290/550, LP: 5/7, SoS: 175 - Deconstruction[130] (5)
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Silverblack [F]:8 Silverblack [F]:11 Zen [B]:29 Charlotte [F]:39 Linlea [B]:55 Maria [F]:58
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">= </span>]
TheTale: Eris!
[OOC] Maria: HP: 482/550, MP: 197/550, LP: 0/8, SoS: 137 - +30% to SAs (U)
Eris‘ sends Zen another [Spark] as well, before spinnign her hammer once, taking a single step forward, then slamming it down into the monster in such a way thta multiple after images strike it as well. [Trinity Strike] [60D]
Eris` rolled d10+120 and got 1 ( Total: 121 ) for healing
Eris` rolled 3d100 and got 17, 92, 86 ( Total: 195 )
Eris` rolled d12+160,110% and got 12 ( Total: 189.20000000000002 )
Eris: "That did not work nearly as well as hoped!"
Eris: "One of you surely still has your assist available though…?"
TheTale: Hits once for [189]!
Maria follows up the one hit with a strike of her own! [SA]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 53 ( Total: 53 )
Maria rolled d10+120,140% and got 4 ( Total: 173.6 )
Maria: "I did, yes."
[OOC] Zen: Direct Footing
TheTale: Battle order: Silverblack [F]:0 Silverblack [F]:3 Zen [B]:21 Charlotte [F]:31 Linlea [B]:47 Maria [F]:50 Eris [F]:52
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : []
TheTale: …It’s still moving, somehow.
Zen: "That's being tenacious"
TheTale: It revs up! [In the Zone]
Zen: "But come on, I just wanted to talk, do you really have to"
TheTale: It dashes forward, slamming into Eris! [Shatter]
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 14 ( Total: 14 ) for 80
Charlotte: "Apparently, it really does have to."
TheTale rolled d8*1.3+156*1.3 and got 7 ( Total: 211.9 )
[OOC] Zen: That is the… +damage taken move?
TheTale: Hitting for 211 physical damage. A blast wave strikes Maria and Charlotte - they take +30% damage (1)!
[OOC] Zen: Oh that one
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 12] HP: 550/550, MP: 186/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - +30% taken (1),Recover Primed (U)
TheTale: It swivels its headlamp onto Maria, warning her! (She'll take +50% damage from the next hit.)
TheTale: And then it lunges forward and chomps onto her! [Mortal Blow]
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 44 ( Total: 44 )
TheTale rolled d8*2.1+390*2.1 and got 5 ( Total: 829.5 )
TheTale: Chewing on her for 829 physical damage!
Zen pulls Maria out of the way, taking the hit instead [Bronze Reflect - G.A.]
Maria breathes a sigh of relief as Zen steps in the way
Linlea: "So unfair. I put everything I had into that arrow and it still is dealing more without breaking a sweat!"
Zen then turns around and punches the Silverblack to parry the blow [Withstand]
[OOC] Zen: HP: 337/700, MP: 290/550, LP: 5/7, SoS: 175 - Vuln Up[+30%] (1)
TheTale: It skids backwards from the force!
TheTale: Mortal Injury kicks in. (Dealing and taking -30% less (4) until healed.)
Eris: "That's the power of the fiend engine, dear."
Linlea: "Fiends in this world suck. Just sayin'."
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [B]:0 Silverblack [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:20 Eris [F]:31 Linlea [B]:36 Maria [F]:39
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : []
TheTale: Zen!
Eris: "Well obviously I'm not taking about this world."
Eris: "It's a metaphore."
Zen then jumps forward and uses his [Iron Weave] again
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 22 ( Total: 22 ) for 80
TheTale: It's a hit!
Zen rolled 1d8+110 and got 1 ( Total: 111 ) for 47D, Physical, Melee
[OOC] Zen: HP: 337/700, MP: 290/550, LP: 5/7, SoS: 175 - Mortal Injury [+/-30%] (3),Vuln Up[+30%] (0)
[OOC] TheTale: 77]!
[OOC] Zen: Oops yeah
TheTale: 47D, right?
[OOC] Zen: Yes
TheTale: Battle order: Silverblack [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:20 Eris [F]:31 Linlea [B]:36 Maria [F]:39 Zen [B]:47
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : []
TheTale: …Its wounds seem to be knitting back over together, with oil-scabs and molten chrome.
TheTale: It tries to bite into Maria again!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 87 ( Total: 87 )
TheTale: …But she parries!
Charlotte: "…Seriously?"
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Silverblack [F]:8 Eris [F]:11 Linlea [B]:16 Maria [F]:19 Zen [B]:27
TheTale: Status for Silverblack : []
TheTale: Charlotte!
[OOC] Zen: Technical Footing
Eris: "There's absolutely nothing strange about a self repairing motorcycle."
Charlotte slashes at it right after Maria deflects it! [Backstab, 60D]
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 ) for 85
Charlotte rolled 1d12+175 and got 11 ( Total: 186.0 )
TheTale: It just barely scrapes free, metal grinding against metal - (CoS is 65. 1 LP to hit!)
[OOC] Charlotte: +5 ACC on weapon!
[OOC] TheTale: Oh Yeah!
TheTale: And then -
TheTale: Slash.
[OOC] TheTale: 186].
TheTale: It falls down, gleaming in the moonlight.
[OOC] TheTale: Got 20 EXP
Zen takes a deep breath
Zen: "Cranky beast…"
Zen scratches behind his head, kneeling down and looking at the thing, a Fiend or a Monster?
Linlea: "Heeeeey. You guys okay and still around? Or did you turn tail and run?"
Linlea glances around.
Charlotte: "…If you wanted to test the heart-thing Maria, be my guest. Though I'm not sure what counts as a heart for that."
TheTale: Zen: What the hell is this thing, anyway?
Eris‘ slaps Charlotte’s hands, then gives Maria a look.
TheTale: …It barely looks like either.
TheTale: It starts slowly limping away. There were no other survivors.
Maria: "I'm…not even sure that would work…?"
TheTale: …It leaves an oil-trail.
Charlotte: "I can appreciate it's Tenacity, at least… Kind of."
TheTale: It howls in pain. Black smoke pours off of it.
Eris‘ watches the bike limp off.
[OOC] Linlea: [SHP: 80] HP: 332/600, MP: 376/500, LP: 2/8, SoS: 150
Linlea: "Seriously though, ow!"
Eris: "What a waste of time. It didn’t even try and get befriended after getting trounced!"
Linlea: "Did those jerks take ALL our travel supplies or do we still have some to go around?"
[OOC] Zen: HP: 337/700, MP: 290/550, LP: 5/7, SoS: 175
[OOC] Maria: HP: 482/550, MP: 197/550, LP: 0/8, SoS: 137 - +0% to SAs (U)
Zen looks at the thing limping away
Eris: "I don't know, look inside of Charlotte's pockets."
Charlotte drops her primed Recover on Zen. [Miracle'd]
Zen: "What… Actually is that thing"
Zen: "It… Doesn't looks like a fiend"
Zen: "Doesn't looks like a monster either"
Charlotte rolled 1d12*2+162*2 and got 5 ( Total: 334.0 )
TheTale: It limps just out of sight. And then, it sounds like it stopped moving.
Eris: "Is there a lot of things other than fiend or monster it could be."
Linlea gives Maria a thumbs up. "Thanks for not going off the rails." [+1 LP]
Zen: "There are, in fact, other things"
Zen: "Neither of which are things which either faction in this war right now is known to utilize"
Eris: "Demon, I suppose also it didn't look especially demonic, and most of those have been fiend hybirds anyway…"
Eris: "Oh?"
Zen: "Aaand there's only a third person in this hot mess which would use stuff that isn't common, and that'd be Band Girl"
Eris: "Oh, nothing new then."
Zen: "But I mean, that's just a possibility and i'm honestly thinking too much. Yeah nothing new"
Zen looks around, the Yhe Holmat dudes are gone, right?
Zen looks in the distance "Either way sounds like the thing wanted to die out of sight, now i'm curious"
TheTale: It's just on the other side of that dune.
Charlotte taps Linlea's shadow, giving her a nod as well. [Recover, +1 LP]
TheTale: You could probably go look.
Charlotte rolled 1d12+162 and got 2 ( Total: 164.0 )
[OOC] Linlea: [SHP: 80] HP: 496/600, MP: 376/500, LP: 3/8, SoS: 150
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 550/550, MP: 126/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137
Eris: "By all means, then."
Eris‘ begins walking after it.
TheTale: There, on the other side -
TheTale: Slumped up against the sand, bleeding -
TheTale: Is a very, very embarassed Yesker Sen.
TheTale: "Okay, so, uh, let me explain:"
TheTale: "Weremotorcycle."
Zen heads over, looks at Yesker
Zen looks at Yesker’s eyes
Zen: "This is too silly"
Zen: "But hi"
Linlea: "…"
Maria: "I'm sorry, but…did you just say what I thought you said?"
Charlotte: "…That explains the Tenacity."
TheTale: "Hey." He looks down at his bare chest. "Really… did a number, huh. Damn."
TheTale: "Yup. Weremotorcycle."
Zen: "Well, we have some travel supplises that I think would be a good idea to spend right now so"
Zen: "How about you join the party and have some? This way you can at least walk back"
Eris‘ stares at Yesker. There’s absolutely no trace of any emotion or expression on her face.
TheTale: "Hey, yeah, cut me in. Sounds like a great idea."
Maria: "Charlotte, could you be a dear and prepare some tea to go with it?"
Linlea: "So uh… what have you been up to anyways?"
Charlotte: "It looks like we have some time in that case, so that sounds like a plan."
Linlea: "I haven't seen you. At all. Since I got here."
Charlotte starts pulling gear out of her pack to make tea while out and about.
Eris: "No."
Eris: "I don't want to hear any more of his backstory."
TheTale: Yesker smiles. "You got it, babe."
TheTale: I mean, a weak smile. But a smile.
TheTale: "It can just stay, uh, you know. Mysterious."
Linlea can't help but smile. "It can't really get worse than Weremotorcycle can it? What's the harm?"
Eris: "If that's the starting line,"
Eris: "There's a lot of room for crashing."
Zen: "Let's not embarass him any further than he already did with that and"
Zen: "Just have some tea"
Zen: "And see if he hears something about Band Girl's familiars over here, okay?"
Eris: "Acceptable."
Linlea: "Alice and the Doc sent us halfway across the world just to ask you if you had actually managed to come up with any leads on D2s familiars as we're out of leads for the last… two?"
Linlea: "And everyone agreed before we storm the mana tree we needed to deal with those."
TheTale: "Yeah, I got a bead on one, at least."
TheTale: "There's one of D2's chrysalises in the castle of Yhe Holmat."
TheTale: "…No clue who's in it, though. It's not like anyone's missing."
Eris: "It's."
Eris: "Usually really easy to tell with a glance."
Zen: "I suppose we know where to next"
Charlotte serves out the tea, made with the leaves from Maria's place, to everyone once it's ready. [+1 LP to Maria]
TheTale: "Well, it hasn't split open, or anything."
Maria breathes in the familiar scent before taking a drink. [Status, +1 LP to Linlea]
TheTale: "And I wasn't, uh…"
TheTale: "Really in a position to bust it open, at the time."
Zen: "Well, sounds like we know where to go next"
Eris: "It's a good lead, yes. Particularly when the camp is so close nearby!"
Linlea: "You going to come with, then?"
Linlea glances at Yesker.
TheTale: "Yeah," he pulls himself upright. Adjusts those handle-bar looking tufts of hair he has.
TheTale: "Let's go."
Eris‘ begins heading back towards the camp on the highway. Can’t be too hard to find again.
Zen sighs, stretches, and starts walking back
TheTale: Can't be too hard.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License