Tom D02s08

TheTale: Day Two - Afternoon.
TheTale: The spiralling, claustrophobic stairwell of roots.
TheTale: It pulsates with some ancient life.
Eris: "Okay, that's enough resting."
Linlea stretches before nodding. "All good?"
Zen quickly puts the remains of the supplies on his backpack "As good as we'll be"
Charlotte‘ nods. "Onwards and upwards."
Eris` rolls her shoulders a few times, before continuing up the stairwell.
TheTale: Long ago, an "Angel" came to this world…
TheTale:
TheTale: The trunk is split in half here, vines and fungus doing its best to keep the tree together. There’s a sickly smell of rot. Overhead and below, the tree joins back together, but here: Sunlight pours in a chasm in the wood wide enough to drive a jumbo jet through.
TheTale: One of the vines is split open, wounded, revealing a step-ladder conveyor full of those wooden dolls. Since the mechanism is broken, it's simply carrying them up from the roots of the tree and then dropping them outside the tree, where they seem to be smashing uselessly below.
Zen blinks, looking down, then at the vine
Eris: "Too much effort to turn it all the way off, I suppose."
Zen: "Maybe whatever is the cause of this hole broke it"
Linlea: "Wonder why they need so many of these dolls, though?"
Eris: "Bored? Lonely? Building an army…?"
Eris‘ doesn’t pay them much mind if they aren't activating while they pass on by.
TheTale: Click click click click whoooooooosh crack.
TheTale: Click click click click whoooooooosh crack.
Zen: "I'm not sure the dolls are even being used by anything" either way, with Eris moving on, he follows along. Presumably following the conveyor up
Zen: "Such a waste, though"
Linlea: "Not exactly complaining. If they were all active we'd have a bit of a problem."
TheTale: Gravity's almost as good at destroying them as you are.
TheTale: It's a precarious climb over to where the tree continues - there's a thin vine hanging from above. But you can think of it as your shiny golden vine of hope.
TheTale: …Anyway, get climbing.
Zen is definitely climbing
Maria follows behind.
Eris: "Well if nothing else, it's seeming less and less likely that the Prince might be up here, but."
Linlea lets the others test the footing first.
Linlea: "Yup. I figured that one out a while ago but D2 is still a pretty big concern."
Zen: "As she said"
Linlea: "We may just be getting strung along here but no harm in checking, right?"
Zen: "This place is worrysome in more than one way"
TheTale: In the trunk above, a statue of an angelic figure…
Charlotte: "Won't know until we get to the end."
TheTale: …Well, half of one.
Eris: "Afraid of one little Tree of Mana, Zen?"
Zen: "I wouldn't say that"
TheTale: Carved neatly down the middle. Whatever axis of separation seems to have clipped away some of the walkway itself, leaving only a thin ledge up to a glowing flower where a few more monsters await you.
Zen: "More like this sort of imagery generally isn't the sign of a person with all their screws in place"
TheTale: The "Angel" was surprised. They hadn't ever seen a world so beautiful, so serene.
TheTale: But time flowers like a river. But peace calls to disaster. But history would repeat.
Zen looks at the flower
TheTale: Yup, three of those dolls. And two of those heartflowers. Same old, same old.
TheTale: Would I lie to you?
Eris: "Ah, but what's the worst that would happen, Zen…?"
Maria: "The end of the world as we know it?"
Zen: "I'd have to kill someone" he shrugs, carefully heads up to the flower and goes up to it, those things want a fight, have a fight
Eris: "I could really round out my build with another 150XP."
Maria: "…"
Maria: "I wouldn't appreciate it."
Zen stops for a second, looks back at Eris, then continues anyway
Eris‘ grins predatorily before rushing the monster pack.
TheTale: There’s a thwup twhup thwup as a brightly painted, greatly-compressed biplane swoops down from the top of the tree.
Linlea glances at Eris before frowning.
TheTale: There's the faint sounds of something playing on a TV, but it's hard to make out…
Eris: "What? You've all never heard of looking for the silver lining…? Honestly! Such a bore, the lot of you!"
TheTale: …Lightning surrounds the flame-and-shark painted plane as its wings fold up, and legs produce itself from the bottom, and it strikes a pose! Go! Raijin IV!
TheTale:
TheTale: …It's smaller than the dolls.
Linlea: "Huh. I didn't think they had that sort of thing here."
Zen: "I didn't… Think so either"
Eris: "They don't. It's more memories."
Linlea glances at the locals. "You seen this before or… is it a mana tree thing?"
Zen: "It's definitely a mana tree thing
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Zen [F]:0 Maria [F]:2 Heartflower B [B]:2 Weighdoll B [F]:3 Linlea [B]:4 Eris [F]:4 Raijin IV [F]:4 Weighdoll A [B]:5 Weighdoll C [F]:5 Heartflower A [B]:5
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Charlotte! Zen!
Linlea: "Why are you travelling with us anyways, Eris? The caravan, I mean. Are you trying to get somewhere?"
TheTale: ~When the skies are in danger…
TheTale: When thunder fills the clouds…!~
Eris: "I'm doing my level best to not die in a hail of snow and ice."
TheTale: ~When all the wind is howling…
TheTale: Raijin IV stands proud!~
Eris: "Same reason as most, I imagine."
Zen looks at the number of foes, rushes forward and delivers a simple claw strike against Heartflower A, jumping back in front of Linlea, side towards the enemy [Covering Strike, 45D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 85 ( Total: 85 ) for 80
[OOC] Zen: 1 luck!
Zen rolled 1d8+90,80 and got 6 ( Total: 76.80000000000001 ) for Physical, Melee
[OOC] TheTale: 76]!
[OOC] Zen: Magical Footing
TheTale: ~ACTIVATE! Barrier! No evildoer will get past…!~
Zen: "Go wild, Linlea"
Linlea: "Barrier, huh…?"
TheTale: Raijin IV strikes a pose, and a pale shield appears around the Heartflower, protecting it. (1)
[OOC] TheTale: Oh, sorry, hold up:
Charlotte‘ shakes her head at the transforming bi-plane, her shadow rippling before she points at the bi-plane, making its shadow quiver. [Mire, 50D, (4) to inflict damage with a punishment if it targets itself/ally with a Support action; also Wheels in Wheels primes Recover]
[OOC] TheTale: 45], actually. Raijin IV’s [Cloud Guardian] protects allies till it's too badly hurt!
Charlotte‘ rolled 1d8+56 and got 6 ( Total: 62.0 ) for Mire damage
[OOC] Charlotte: Per action it takes, I mean
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 539/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Heartflower B [B]:0 Weighdoll B [F]:1 Linlea [B]:2 Eris [F]:2 Raijin IV [F]:2 Weighdoll A [B]:3 Weighdoll C [F]:3 Heartflower A [B]:3 Zen [F]:43 Charlotte [F]:48
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Mire[62](4)
TheTale: Maria!
Maria rushes towards the Raijin IV! [Forward Strike, 50D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 98 ( Total: 98 )
Maria misses!
TheTale: Raijin IV swoops this way and that, then stops Maria’s attack with a PROPELLER FIST!
TheTale: Heartflower B begins casting [Black Sigil - CT15]!
TheTale: Weighdoll B rushes forward to deliver an [Assist Break] to Eris!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 83 ( Total: 83 ) for C80
TheTale: But it can't catch her!
Linlea glances at Eris. "After you?"
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Eris [F]:0 Raijin IV [F]:0 Weighdoll A [B]:1 Weighdoll C [F]:1 Heartflower A [B]:1 Heartflower B [B]:13 Weighdoll B [F]:39 Zen [F]:41 Charlotte [F]:46 Maria [F]:48
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Mire[62](4)
TheTale: Eris! Linlea!
TheTale: ~ Engines hot,
TheTale: Val-or burning!~
TheTale: ~ You can't stop the
TheTale: bla-aades from turning~!
Eris‘ points a finger at the robot; a moment later a thin string of energy binds them together [Fated Match; we deal +20% damage to one another get get bonuses for each each other as well], then dashes forward and slams her hammer into it. [Quarter Draw] [60D]
Eris` rolled d100 and got 7 ( Total: 7 )
TheTale: Wham! It’s a beautiful blow!
Eris‘ rolled d12+208,280% and got 1 ( Total: 585.1999999999999 ) for 1LP for crit, 20 Fated, 60 Prime load
TheTale: Raijin IV is flung back across the flower! It falls, kneeling! Systems are critical…!
[OOC] TheTale: 585]!!!
TheTale: But!
TheTale: It gets up! Its propellers start spinning again! [Cloud Guardian] is still active!
Linlea grabs a handful of arrows before firing them all at once on her bow. [All Out - All Quicks, 40D, +60% next hit to Linlea, +20% each hit after, +5D each hit]
Linlea rolled 6d100 and got 18, 22, 75, 94, 77, 48 ( Total: 334 ) for Level info
TheTale: Linlea!
[OOC] TheTale: All Level 3
[OOC] Linlea: 1 luck on 94
Linlea rolled d12*2.5+140*2.5 and got 1 ( Total: 352.5 ) for Group damage
[OOC] TheTale: 310] to group! [352] to Raijin IV!
TheTale: Cloud Guardian systems are failing!
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 420/600, MP: 500/500, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150
Maria follows up the strike against the Raijin IV! [Punishing Strike, SA]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 )
[OOC] Maria: 2 luck!
TheTale: Wham! It’s a hit!
TheTale: Oh, Raijin IV activates a [Barrier Response] on Heartflower B!
[OOC] Maria: 250% or more?
[OOC] TheTale: 250, if copying~
Maria rolled d10+120,250% and got 5 ( Total: 312.5 )
[OOC] TheTale: 312]!
TheTale: Crackling, Raijin IV casts [Barrier] on Heartflower B!
TheTale: The Mire consumes it!
Charlotte‘ rolled 1d12+189 and got 6 ( Total: 195.0 ) for Mire striking after Support
[OOC] TheTale: 195]!
TheTale: Raijin IV explodes!
TheTale: …The themesong abruptly cuts out.
Charlotte` taps Zen’s shadow, and it ripples in preparation. [Cascade]
TheTale: Battle order: Weighdoll A [B]:0 Weighdoll C [F]:0 Heartflower A [B]:0 Heartflower B [B]:12 Weighdoll B [F]:38 Linlea [B]:39 Zen [F]:40 Charlotte [F]:45 Maria [F]:47 Eris [F]:59
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll A : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](2) Barrier[80](4)
Zen looks at the empty space where the mech was
TheTale: Weighdolls A and C hit Eris and Charlotte with [Assist Break]!
TheTale rolled 2d100 and got 51, 87 ( Total: 138 ) for 80 each
TheTale rolled d8+108 and got 5 ( Total: 113.0 )
TheTale: 113 physical damage and Assist Break (2) to Eris!
Charlotte‘ bats C to the side with her scythe
TheTale: Weighdoll A warns Eris! (2)
TheTale: Heartflower A begins casting [Poison - CT15!]
TheTale: The other one calls down a Black Sigil (3) on Charlotte!
TheTale: Its petals swim with color - Supervirus!
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 539/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Black Sigil (3),Recover Primed (U)
[OOC] Maria: HP: 550/550, MP: 550/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +10% to SAs (U)
TheTale: Poisonous fog surrounds Linlea. She’s Poisoned[84](6)!
TheTale: Heartflower B activates the Supervirus!
TheTale: Heartflower B dashes in to [Assist Break] Charlotte!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 65 ( Total: 65 ) for 80
TheTale rolled d8+108 and got 5 ( Total: 113.0 )
TheTale: Inflicting 113 physical damage and Assist Break (2)!
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Zen [F]:1 Weighdoll A [B]:1 Weighdoll C [F]:1 Charlotte [F]:6 Heartflower A [B]:6 Maria [F]:8 Heartflower B [B]:8 Eris [F]:20 Weighdoll B [F]:39
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll A : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1) Barrier[80](3)
TheTale: Linlea!
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 506/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Black Sigil (3),Assist Break (2),Recover Primed (U)
Linlea glances to her side. "… how many of you are assist broken right now?"
Charlotte: "Two of us, I think."
Maria: "First one missed Charlotte, but the second one got her."
Linlea nods. "Right. Cover me please." She pulls out her flute before playing a song. [Magma Burst - Overdriver, 50D]
Maria nods.
TheTale: Zen!
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 246/600, MP: 500/500, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150 - Poison[84] (5)
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 246/600, MP: 440/500, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150 - Poison[84] (5)
Zen nods "On it" he runs at Weighdoll A, delivering a close range kick before jumping back informatnion in front of Linlea, back towards the enemies [Covering Strike, 49D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 29 ( Total: 29 ) for 80
Zen rolled 1d8+100 and got 2 ( Total: 102 )
[OOC] TheTale: 102]!
Charlotte‘ waves, and Zen’s shadow rises up, kicking Weighdoll A again. [Cascade trigger]
Charlotte‘ rolled 1d12+162 and got 1 ( Total: 163.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 163]!
[OOC] Zen: Direct Footing
TheTale: Weighdoll A moves into the back row. Consider Zen warned (2)!
Linlea: "Heh. They’re waiting it out?"
Linlea: "Think someone is controlling these remotely? They don't seem that smart."
Maria: "Maybe they're connected somehow."
TheTale: Weighdoll C hits Zen with a [Sledgehammer] blow!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 69 ( Total: 69 )
Eris: "Possibly."
TheTale rolled 1d8+162 and got 5 ( Total: 167.0 )
Zen swats the sledgehammer away [Repel]
TheTale: Got it!
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Heartflower A [B]:0 Maria [F]:2 Heartflower B [B]:2 Eris [F]:14 Weighdoll A [B]:15 Weighdoll B [F]:33 Weighdoll C [F]:35 Linlea [B]:44 Zen [F]:44
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll A : [<span style="color: #008000;">====== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1) Barrier[80](3)
TheTale: Charlotte!
Linlea smiles. "I don't actually counter if you don't get hit sadly."
Zen looks back "Oh, I wasn't aware"
Maria: "A deterrent is fine, too."
Charlotte‘ swings her scythe, and shadows rip into all 5 enemies! [Scatter Rave, 60D]
Charlotte` rolled 5d100 and got 83, 74, 98, 62, 30 ( Total: 347 ) for 85
TheTale: Misses Weighdoll C!
Charlotte` rolled 1d12+135 and got 4 ( Total: 139.0 )
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 506/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Black Sigil (2),Assist Break (1),Recover Primed (U)
[OOC] TheTale: 139] [139] Miss! [128]! [48]!
TheTale: Oh wait - the first is [128], because it’s back row.
TheTale: Er, 111, actually…
TheTale: Heartflower A begins casting [Supervirus Poison! - CT15]
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Heartflower B [B]:0 Eris [F]:12 Weighdoll A [B]:13 Heartflower A [B]:13 Weighdoll B [F]:31 Weighdoll C [F]:33 Linlea [B]:42 Zen [F]:42 Charlotte [F]:58
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll A : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1) Barrier[80](3)
TheTale: Maria!
Maria starts preparing an Urgent Restore. [CT 10]
TheTale: Heartflower B begins casting [Supervirus Poison]!
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Eris [F]:2 Weighdoll A [B]:3 Heartflower A [B]:3 Heartflower B [B]:5 Weighdoll B [F]:21 Weighdoll C [F]:23 Linlea [B]:32 Zen [F]:32 Charlotte [F]:48
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll A : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1) Barrier[80](3)
TheTale: Maria!
Linlea: "Those flowers are way more annoying than the dolls."
Maria casts Urgent Restore on Linlea, regeneration magic surrounding her. [40D; Restore[180](3)]
TheTale: Eris!
[OOC] Maria: HP: 550/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +10% to SAs (U)
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 246/600, MP: 440/500, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150 - Poison[84] (5),Urgent Restore[180] (3)
Eris‘ tosses a [High Spark] towards Linlea, then bounces forward and slams her weapon into Doll … D. [Quarter Draw] [60D]
Eris` rolled d100 and got 60 ( Total: 60 )
Eris` rolled d12+208 and got 10 ( Total: 218 )
Eris` rolled d12+150 and got 1 ( Total: 151 ) for Lin heal
[OOC] Maria: Do you mean C?
[OOC] Eris: I ment B!
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 397/600, MP: 440/500, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150 - Poison[84] (5),Urgent Restore[180] (3)
TheTale: Doll B is below a quarter of its health!
[OOC] Eris: Then I ment C! sorry :(
TheTale: Weighdoll A hits Zen with a [Sledgehammer] hold!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 ) for C80
TheTale rolled d8*1.3+162*1.3 and got 1 ( Total: 211.9 )
TheTale: Hitting for 211 physical damage! He takes +30% damage (1)!
Linlea fires off a barrage of gem missiles at Doll A!
Linlea rolled d10*1.5+150*1.5 and got 8 ( Total: 237.0 )
Zen brings both arms in front of himself, shielding [Withstand - Reduce to 100 damage]
[OOC] TheTale: 284]!
[OOC] Zen: HP: 600/700, MP: 400/550, LP: 5/7, SoS: 175 - Vuln Up [+30%] (1)
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 397/600, MP: 440/500, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150 - Poison[84] (5),Urgent Restore[180] (3),+60% Taken (1)
TheTale: Heartflower A hits Zen with Superpoison[168](6)!
TheTale: Its barrier dissipates!
[OOC] Linlea: Does poison and super poison stack?
[OOC] TheTale: No, they are the same status.
Linlea hops in front of Zen taking the status!
TheTale: Heartflower B hits Zen with Superpoison[168](6), then!
Linlea: "Rude."
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 397/600, MP: 440/500, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150 - Superpoison[168] (6),Urgent Restore[180] (3),+60% Taken (1)
Zen: "You really wanna see me poisoned, don’t you"
Linlea: "I tried, buddy. Sorry!"
Zen: "Not your fault, those flowers are really annoying"
TheTale: Weighdolls B and C wait and warn Zen (2)!
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Zen [F]:0 Heartflower A [B]:1 Heartflower B [B]:3 Weighdoll B [F]:4 Weighdoll C [F]:6 Maria [F]:8 Weighdoll A [B]:11 Charlotte [F]:16 Eris [F]:30
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll A : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">=== </span>] Weak[30](1)
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">====== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Linlea!
TheTale: Zen!
Linlea: "Whoever is controlling the puppets seems to be baiting my song out. But they aren't doing anything in the meantime. Want me to keep going?"
Linlea: "I think me not attacking in return for three of them is a fair compromise!"
Zen: "Alright, keep going"
Zen: "I can't quite cover you right now running out of resources, though, give me a second"
Linlea nods before playing her flute again. [Magma Burst - 50D]
TheTale: Zen!
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 409/600, MP: 380/500, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150 - Superpoison[168] (5),Urgent Restore[180] (2),+40% Taken (U)
Zen takes a deep breath, he's going to need this. He runs towards Weighdoll A, delivering a swift kick to the side, a trail of pink colored shine. He spins around and delivers to claw slashes, all trailed by pink light, he takes a step back, and strikes it with his shoulder sending it upwards, he jumps and slams it down "And recover!" [And Recover, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 67 ( Total: 67 )
Zen rolled 1d8+165 and got 7 ( Total: 172 ) for Physical Melee
TheTale: It's a hit!
[OOC] Zen: Technical Footing
[OOC] TheTale: 189]!
TheTale: The Heartflowers begin casting another round of Poison!
TheTale: Weighdoll B hits Linlea with [Assist Break]!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 98 ( Total: 98 )
[OOC] Zen: HP: 432/700, MP: 400/550, LP: 5/7, SoS: 175 - Vuln Up [+30%] (0),Superpoison[168] (5)
Linlea steps to the side. "I've already blown my assist, geeze."
TheTale: And warns Zen.
TheTale: Weighdoll C hits Linlea with [Assist Break]!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 24 ( Total: 24 )
Linlea glances to her side. "Someone block that."
Maria steps in front, taking the blow for Linlea. [GA, +30% to Linlea's next action]
TheTale rolled d8+108 and got 7 ( Total: 115.0 )
TheTale: Inflicting 115 physical damage to Maria!
Linlea fires off a barrage of gem missiles!
Linlea rolled d10+150 and got 10 ( Total: 160.0 )
[OOC] Maria: HP: 465/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +10% to SAs (U)
TheTale: She's Assist Broken (2), of course.
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 409/600, MP: 380/500, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150 - Superpoison[168] (5),Urgent Restore[180] (2),+40% Taken (U),+30% Damage Dealt (1)
[OOC] Maria: as useful as that is now…
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Weighdoll A [B]:3 Charlotte [F]:8 Heartflower A [B]:8 Heartflower B [B]:10 Eris [F]:22 Weighdoll B [F]:36 Weighdoll C [F]:38 Zen [F]:39 Linlea [B]:42
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll A : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>] Weak[30](1)
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Maria!
Zen: "ONE of those things has to go down about now"
TheTale: Oh, and it warns Zen, too.
Maria strikes at Weighdoll A! [Forward Strike, 50D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 80 ( Total: 80 )
Maria rolled d10+120,80% and got 2 ( Total: 97.60000000000001 )
[OOC] Maria: 64 HP and +20% (30%) to SA if it's not dead
[OOC] Maria: *80 HP
[OOC] Charlotte: Can anyone even SA right now? I'm still (1) on mine
Linlea moves in with a follow up arrow!
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 87 ( Total: 87 )
[OOC] Linlea: -1 luck
[OOC] Zen: Oh I guess you can
Linlea rolled d12+140 and got 8 ( Total: 148.0 )
TheTale: It's slain!
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Heartflower A [B]:0 Heartflower B [B]:2 Eris [F]:14 Weighdoll B [F]:28 Weighdoll C [F]:30 Zen [F]:31 Linlea [B]:34 Maria [F]:42
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Charlotte!
Charlotte‘ concentrates. [Countermeasure, CT 30]
[OOC] Linlea: Refresh - Try and Stop Me
[OOC] Maria: HP: 465/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +20% to SAs (U),Assist Broken (2)
TheTale: Heartflower A casts Poison(6)[84] on Eris! Heartflower B casts Poison(6)[84] on Charlotte!
Zen jumps in front of Charlotte’s poison! [Guard Assist]
TheTale: Okay, keep your Superpoison.
[OOC] Zen: Oh?
[OOC] Zen: It works like XIV?
[OOC] Zen: Be sure to put that in the Combat chapter
TheTale: "Monsters work like how the GM says they do"
TheTale: I've said that a lot, right?
Zen: "You've been wrong a lot, too"
Zen: "So I had to confirm"
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Weighdoll B [F]:14 Charlotte [F]:16 Weighdoll C [F]:16 Zen [F]:17 Linlea [B]:20 Heartflower A [B]:21 Heartflower B [B]:23 Maria [F]:28
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Eris!
[OOC] Eris: HP check
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 409/600, MP: 380/500, LP: 6[/8, SoS: 150 - Superpoison[168] (5),Urgent Restore[180] (2),+40% Taken (U),+30% Damage Dealt (1)
[OOC] Maria: HP: 465/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +50% to SAs (U),Assist Broken (2)
[OOC] Zen: HP: 432/700, MP: 400/550, LP: 5/7, SoS: 175 - Warning DollB [+50%] (2),Superpoison[168] (5),Warning DollC [+50%] (2)
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 409/600, MP: 380/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - Superpoison[168] (5),Urgent Restore[180] (2),+40% Taken (U),+30% Damage Dealt (1)
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 506/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Black Sigil (2),Assist Break (1),Recover Primed (U)
Eris‘ tosses Zen a [Spark] before smashing Flower A with hammer. [60D]
Eris` rolled d100 and got 65 ( Total: 65 )
Eris` rolled d12+160,80% and got 8 ( Total: 134.4 )
TheTale: Hits for [134]!
Eris` rolled d10+120 and got 7 ( Total: 127 ) for heal
TheTale: Battle order: Weighdoll B [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:2 Weighdoll C [F]:2 Zen [F]:3 Linlea [B]:6 Heartflower A [B]:7 Heartflower B [B]:9 Maria [F]:14 Eris [F]:46
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #008000;">====== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Weighdoll B rushes in to hit Linlea with the [Sledgehammer!]
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 56 ( Total: 56 ) for C80
Linlea: "Block that, please."
Eris` [Guard Assist]s
[OOC] Eris: Everyone Recovers 50 HP as I block this
Linlea fires off a gem missile at Weighdoll B in retialiation for hitting the front row.
Linlea rolled d10+150 and got 2 ( Total: 152.0 )
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 550/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Black Sigil (2),Assist Break (1),Recover Primed (U)
TheTale rolled d8+162 and got 2 ( Total: 164.0 )
TheTale: For 164 physical damage to Eris!
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Weighdoll C [F]:0 Zen [F]:1 Linlea [B]:4 Heartflower A [B]:5 Heartflower B [B]:7 Maria [F]:12 Weighdoll B [F]:38 Eris [F]:44
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #008000;">====== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Charlotte!
Linlea: "Woah. I hit that doll so hard it disappeared!"
TheTale: (Oh, whoops.)
Charlotte` ’s shadow ripples. [Countermeasure primed, 10D]
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 550/550, MP: 350/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Black Sigil (1),Assist Break (0),Countermeasure (U),Recover Primed (U)
TheTale: Weighdoll C attacks Linlea with the [Assist Break]!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 84 ( Total: 84 )
TheTale: But misses!
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Linlea [B]:3 Heartflower A [B]:4 Heartflower B [B]:6 Charlotte [F]:9 Maria [F]:11 Weighdoll B [F]:37 Weighdoll C [F]:39 Eris [F]:43
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>] Weak[30](1)
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #008000;">====== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Zen!
Zen: "Lin are you going to keep this song up?"
Linlea: "Nope."
Linlea: "Almost everyone has blown their assists. If I play it again they'll dogpile me for real."
Zen: "I can cover you, I still got most of my defenses"
Linlea: "We're burning one of the flowers. I'd rather focus that."
Zen: "Alright" he runs towards Heartflower A right through the enemy ranks, comes to it wit ha low slide, delivering a kick (it's strange to kick a plant) going right past it and then he jump backwards, dropping all of his weight on it. As he jumps back in the party formation, side towards the enemies, his armor has glowing lines [Yield Not, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 42 ( Total: 42 ) for 80
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Heartflower A [B]:1 Heartflower B [B]:3 Charlotte [F]:6 Maria [F]:8 Weighdoll B [F]:34 Weighdoll C [F]:36 Eris [F]:40 Zen [F]:44
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>] Weak[30](1)
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #008000;">====== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Linlea!
Zen rolled 1d8+110,80 and got 4 ( Total: 91.2 ) for Physical, Melee
[OOC] TheTale: 91]!
[OOC] Zen: HP: 441/700, MP: 320/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Warning DollB [+50%] (1),Superpoison[168] (4),Warning DollC [+50%] (1)
Linlea pulls back an arrow before firing at heartflower A. [Attack - 60D , Try and Stop Me]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 34 ( Total: 34 )
Linlea rolled d12*1.3+140*1.3 and got 9 ( Total: 193.7 )
[OOC] TheTale: 193]!
[OOC] Linlea: Oh sorry
[OOC] Linlea: 160%
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 409/600, MP: 380/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - Superpoison[168] (4),Urgent Restore[180] (1),+40% Taken (U),+30% Damage Dealt (0)
Eris‘ [Attack Assists] off Linlea.
Eris` rolled d100 and got 81 ( Total: 81 )
TheTale: Another [42]!
TheTale: Heartflower A begins casting [Physical Fear - CT10]!
TheTale: Heartflower B does the same!
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Maria [F]:2 Heartflower A [B]:5 Heartflower B [B]:7 Weighdoll B [F]:28 Weighdoll C [F]:30 Eris [F]:34 Zen [F]:38 Linlea [B]:54
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>] Weak[30](1)
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">=== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Charlotte!
Charlotte` cleanses Black Sigil off of herself after Heartflower B goes.
Charlotte` slams her scythe into Weighdoll B! [Backstab, 60D]
Charlotte` rolled 1d100 and got 16 ( Total: 16 ) for 85
TheTale: It’s a hit!
Charlotte‘ rolled 1d12+175,130 and got 8 ( Total: 237.9 ) for It’s taking +30 damage, I think?
Zen runs after Charlotte as she attacks, delivering a jumping strike! [Rolling Crash - S.A.]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 65 ( Total: 65 )
TheTale: It is! [237]!
Zen rolled 1d8+110,180 and got 3 ( Total: 203.4 )
TheTale: How's that bonus that big, anyway? 30% is from Weak, but…
[OOC] TheTale: 203]!
[OOC] Maria: HP: 515/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +50% to SAs (U),Assist Broken (2)
[OOC] Maria: HP: 515/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +50% to SAs (U),Assist Broken (2)
[OOC] Charlotte: +50% from Maria to SAs
[OOC] TheTale: ah yes yes.
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 550/550, MP: 350/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Recover Primed (U)
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Heartflower A [B]:3 Heartflower B [B]:5 Weighdoll B [F]:26 Weighdoll C [F]:28 Eris [F]:32 Zen [F]:36 Linlea [B]:52 Charlotte [F]:58
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>] Weak[30](1)
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">=== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Maria!
Linlea: "Leave the doll like that."
Linlea: "Eris and I will finish it off."
Zen: "Alright"
Maria strikes at Heartflower A! [Forward Strike, 50D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 36 ( Total: 36 )
[OOC] Linlea: Aleith plz
TheTale: It's a hit!
[OOC] Maria: what? It's 30%
[OOC] Zen: HP: 441/700, MP: 320/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Warning DollB [+50%] (1),Superpoison[168] (4),Warning DollC [+50%] (1)
Maria rolled d10+120,80% and got 6 ( Total: 100.80000000000001 ) for +80HP and +20% (70%) damage w/ SA
[OOC] TheTale: 100]!
Charlotte‘ motions, and Maria’s shadow strikes again! [Umbral Slash, S.A]
Charlotte‘ rolled 1d100 and got 65 ( Total: 65 ) for 85
TheTale: It’s a hit!
Charlotte‘ rolled 1d12+135,150 and got 4 ( Total: 208.5 ) for +70, -20 against back row
[OOC] TheTale: 208]!
[OOC] Charlotte: Also -15 delay for Charlotte
TheTale: Heartflower A casts [Physical Fear] on Linlea!
TheTale: She’s taking +40% physical damage (4)!
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 421/600, MP: 380/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - Superpoison[168] (4),Urgent Restore[180] (1),+80% Taken (U)
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 421/600, MP: 380/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - Superpoison[168] (4),Urgent Restore[180] (1),+80% Taken (4)
TheTale: Heartflower B casts [Physical Fear] on Charlotte! Physical Fear +40% (4)!
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 550/550, MP: 350/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Physical Fear (+40%) (4),Recover Primed (U)
TheTale: Weighdoll B attacks Linlea with [Sledgehammer]!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 79 ( Total: 79 )
Linlea: "So uh. Can anyone block that one?"
Zen: "I'm on that"
Linlea nods. "Right on."
Zen slams his foot on the ground, a radiant violet barrier appears in front of Linlea [Withstand - Take only 1 damage]
[OOC] TheTale: 1]! She's taking +30% damage (1)! Restore dissipates!
[OOC] Linlea: Wait does that actually hit me then?
[OOC] Zen: Yes
[OOC] Zen: I can't cover
[OOC] Linlea: That procs the +40% on next damage taken then and it fades.
[OOC] TheTale: Yup!
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 421/600, MP: 380/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - Superpoison[168] (4),Urgent Restore[180] (1),+40% Taken (4),+30% Taken (1)
TheTale: Weighdoll C dashes in to hit Linlea with [Sledgehammer]!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 17 ( Total: 17 )
Linlea: "Okay. This is getting old."
[OOC] TheTale: Restore's gone, btw~
[OOC] Linlea: FFFFFFF
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 420/600, MP: 380/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - Superpoison[168] (4),+40% Taken (4),+30% Taken (1)
Charlotte‘ jumps into the way! [GA]
TheTale rolled 1d8*1.4+162*1.4 and got 7 ( Total: 236.6 )
TheTale: Hitting Charlotte for 236 physical damage! She takes +30% damage (1)!
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 314/550, MP: 350/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Physical Fear (+40%) (4),Taking +30% damage (1),Recover Primed (U)
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Heartflower A [B]:1 Heartflower B [B]:3 Zen [F]:4 Charlotte [F]:11 Maria [F]:18 Linlea [B]:20 Weighdoll B [F]:24 Weighdoll C [F]:36
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>] Weak[30](1)
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>] Weak[30](1)
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Eris!
TheTale: Oh, sorry, that barrier’s totally gone now.
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Heartflower A [B]:1 Heartflower B [B]:3 Zen [F]:4 Charlotte [F]:11 Maria [F]:18 Linlea [B]:20 Weighdoll B [F]:24 Weighdoll C [F]:36
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll B : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>] Weak[30](1)
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>] Weak[30](1)
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
Eris‘ spins her hammer around her body a few times, before she herself begins to spin, then abruptly stops, slams her hammer into one of the dolls, and a massive shockwave rips through it and into the other monsters. [Supercollision] [60D]
Eris` rolled 4d100 and got 70, 95, 22, 76 ( Total: 263 )
[OOC] Eris: -1LP
TheTale: Hits all four!
Eris` rolled d12+160,130% and got 2 ( Total: 210.6 )
d12+160,80%: 2 [Total: 129.6]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 340.2
[OOC] TheTale: 210] to the dolls! [129] to the flowers! Weighdoll A explodes!
TheTale: Er, B.
Eris` hops backward a few times, exhales. A small silver cloud of energy leaves her body and travels to Zen. [Exhaust Shine] [+100 HP.] [+20% Outgoing Damage, Adversity Sealed (4)]
[OOC] Eris: actually I missed the 95 and didn’t LP
[OOC] TheTale: Oh, OK
TheTale: Heartflower A attacks Linlea!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
TheTale: You know, with vines.
[OOC] Linlea: +70%
TheTale rolled 1d10*1.5+48*1.5 and got 3 ( Total: 76.5 )
TheTale: Hitting her for 76 physical damage!
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 344/600, MP: 380/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - Superpoison[168] (4),+40% Taken (4),+30% Taken (1)
TheTale: Heartflower B attacks Charlotte with vines!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 81 ( Total: 81 )
TheTale: But misses.
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:7 Maria [F]:14 Linlea [B]:16 Weighdoll B [F]:20 Weighdoll C [F]:32 Heartflower A [B]:47 Heartflower B [B]:49 Eris [F]:56
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>] Weak[30](1)
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : []
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Zen!
Linlea: "Think you three can get that doll into SoS for me?"
Linlea: "Before I ready my bow?"
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:7 Maria [F]:14 Linlea [B]:16 Weighdoll C [F]:32 Heartflower A [B]:47 Heartflower B [B]:49 Eris [F]:56
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>] Weak[30](1)
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : []
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
Charlotte: "We can try!"
Zen rolls his shoulders "That doable" he runs towards Weighdoll C, jumps and delivers a kick, as he lands he crouches low and drives his shoulder into it from below, sending it upwards- His moves are all trailed by pink-colored shine. He jumps up and hammers it down with both hands "And recover!" [And Recover, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 ) for 80
Zen rolled 1d8+165,130 and got 1 ( Total: 215.8 ) for Physical, Melee
[OOC] Zen: Magical Footing
[OOC] TheTale: 215]!
TheTale: Charlotte!
[OOC] Zen: Oops
[OOC] Zen: Actually 249
[OOC] Zen: HP: 373/700, MP: 464/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Warning DollB [+50%] (0),Superpoison[168] (3),Warning DollC [+50%] (0),E-Shine [+20%] (3)
TheTale: Sure!
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Maria [F]:7 Linlea [B]:9 Weighdoll C [F]:25 Zen [F]:40 Heartflower A [B]:40 Heartflower B [B]:42 Eris [F]:49
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">=== </span>] Weak[30](1)
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : []
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Charlotte!
Charlotte‘ swings right after him! [Follow Through, 60D]
Charlotte` rolled 1d100 and got 96 ( Total: 96 ) for 85
TheTale: Maria!
TheTale: Charlotte goes wide.
Zen gets back in formation, shoulder towards the enemies ((Recovered Withstand))
Maria follows up with a strike of her own! [After Me, 57D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 )
TheTale: It’s a hit!
Maria rolled d10+120,130% and got 7 ( Total: 165.1 ) for Doll B, +30% to next attack against it before its next turn
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Weighdoll C [F]:16 Zen [F]:31 Heartflower A [B]:31 Heartflower B [B]:33 Eris [F]:40 Charlotte [F]:51 Maria [F]:55
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>] Weak[30](1)
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : []
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Linlea!
Linlea fires a barrage of arrows at all three targets. [Run Wild - 70D , Try And Stop Me]
Linlea rolled 3d100 and got 9, 45, 79 ( Total: 133 )
Linlea rolled d12*1.3+140*1.3 and got 12 ( Total: 197.6 ) for 160% to doll
d12*1.6+140*1.6: 2 [Total: 227.2 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 424.79999999999995, Avg: 7.00
[OOC] TheTale: 227] [197]!
TheTale: Heartflower A turns to dust as it falls to pieces! It burns away conditions, curing Superpoison and Physical Fear from Linlea, and Poison from Eris, inflicting [216] [216] [216] as it does so!
[OOC] Linlea: Do I take the tick as I kill it?
[OOC] TheTale: I'll say "nah"
[OOC] Charlotte: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 98</span>/550, MP: 350/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Physical Fear (+40%) (3),Recover Primed (U)
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 344/600, MP: 330/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - +40% Taken (3)
[OOC] Zen: N-not my superpoison, I imagine?
[OOC] TheTale: Not Zen's, no.
[OOC] Zen: Okay
[OOC] Linlea: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 128</span>/600, MP: 330/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - +40% Taken (3)
[OOC] Charlotte: Oh wait, that didn't affect me
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 314/550, MP: 350/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Physical Fear (+40%) (3),Recover Primed (U)
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 344/600, MP: 330/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - +40% Taken (3)
TheTale: Hits you twice, Linlea.
[OOC] Linlea: Wait what
TheTale: It cured two conditions from you. You take [216] [216]!
[OOC] Zen: You had Superpoison and Physical Fear, it explodes both
[OOC] Linlea: HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 0</span>/600, MP: 330/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - +40% Taken (3)
Linlea stares at the enemy but she's still standing. It died so she heals back from dead man walking.
[OOC] Linlea: HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 0</span>/600, MP: 330/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - +40% Taken (3)
[OOC] Linlea: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 120</span>/600, MP: 330/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150
TheTale: Well, no, you take the damage after it died.
TheTale: So you're still at 0~
[OOC] Linlea: HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 0</span>/600, MP: 330/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150
Linlea: "… huh. That kind of hurt."
Eris: "Yup."
Eris: "You look ready to fall over."
Linlea scratches at the back of her head. "And I can't even gib it back to get my HP back either."
TheTale: Weighdoll C hits Zen with a [Sledgehammer] attack!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 24 ( Total: 24 )
TheTale rolled d8+162 and got 5 ( Total: 167.0 )
TheTale: Hitting for 167 physical damage!
Zen does not even moves from the assault "See you still like me"
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Heartflower B [B]:2 Eris [F]:9 Charlotte [F]:20 Maria [F]:24 Weighdoll C [F]:25 Linlea [B]:39
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>] Weak[30](1)
TheTale: Status for Heartflower A : []
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Zen!
[OOC] Zen: Undaunted - +THP
[OOC] Linlea: How is flower A alive
[OOC] TheTale: Oh, sorry. It's not~
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Heartflower B [B]:2 Eris [F]:9 Charlotte [F]:20 Maria [F]:24 Weighdoll C [F]:25 Linlea [B]:39
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>] Weak[30](1)
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
[OOC] Linlea: How is the doll alive?
[OOC] Linlea: It's at the same HP as when I hit it for 160%
[OOC] Charlotte: He hit all three of them…
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Heartflower B [B]:2 Eris [F]:9 Charlotte [F]:20 Maria [F]:24 Weighdoll C [F]:25 Linlea [B]:39
TheTale: Status for Weighdoll C : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">= </span>] Weak[30](1)
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
[OOC] TheTale: Ah yes, sorry. 75 left.
Zen considers, looks at Weighdoll C, he runs at it, he delivers a series of fast claw swipes "Enough of this" [Iron Weave, 40D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 ) for 80/30
TheTale: Slash slash!
Zen rolled 1d8+90,130 and got 4 ( Total: 122.2 ) for Physical Melee
[OOC] TheTale: 122]! It's slain!
[OOC] Zen: Direct Footing
Zen steps back into formation "Now just one last, seriously"
[OOC] Linlea: Refresh - Overdriver, Overload
TheTale: Heartflower B attacks Charlotte with vines!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 88 ( Total: 88 )
TheTale: But misses.
[OOC] Zen: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 148</span>/700, MP: 464/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Superpoison[168] (2),E-Shine [+20%] (2)
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:11 Maria [F]:15 Linlea [B]:30 Zen [F]:31 Heartflower B [B]:43
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Eris!
Eris‘ shimmers brightly as [33] damage gets dumped into herself, Zen, Maria and Charlotte.
[OOC] Eris: Above 75%?
[OOC] Maria: HP: 482/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +80% to SAs (U),Assist Broken (1)
[OOC] Zen: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 115</span>/700, MP: 464/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Superpoison[168] (2),E-Shine [+20%] (2)
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 281/550, MP: 350/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Physical Fear (+40%) (3),Recover Primed (U)
[OOC] Eris: by which I mean, can I Quarter Draw
TheTale: Yes, you can!
Eris` smash wif hamma. [Quarter Draw] [60D]
Eris` rolled d100 and got 39 ( Total: 39 )
Eris` rolled d12+208 and got 12 ( Total: 220 )
[OOC] TheTale: 220]!
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Maria [F]:4 Linlea [B]:19 Zen [F]:20 Heartflower B [B]:32 Eris [F]:49
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Charlotte!
Charlotte` slashes it after her! [Follow Through, 60D]
Charlotte` rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 ) for 85
Charlotte` rolled 1d12+175 and got 10 ( Total: 185.0 )
Charlotte` also has her shadow tap Zen’s. [Using Recover]
Charlotte‘ rolled 1d12+162 and got 9 ( Total: 171.0 ) for healing
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 281/550, MP: 350/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Physical Fear (+40%) (2)
Zen: "Alright, thanks for that one"
[OOC] TheTale: 185]!
Maria strikes after her! [After Me, 57D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 55 ( Total: 55 )
Maria rolled d10+120 and got 1 ( Total: 121 ) for +30% to next attack against the flower
[OOC] TheTale: 121]!
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Zen [F]:1 Heartflower B [B]:13 Eris [F]:30 Charlotte [F]:41 Maria [F]:42
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">=== </span>]
TheTale: Linlea!
Linlea nods to the others. "Well. See you in a bit, I guess!" She draws back one final bowstring and lets loose on the Heartflower. [All In - Overload, Overdriver, 60D]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 39 ( Total: 39 )
TheTale: The shining arrow rips through it!
Linlea rolled d12*2.1+140*2.1 and got 6 ( Total: 306.6 )
Linlea then crumples and hits the floor.
[OOC] TheTale: 306]! Remembered After Me, right?
[OOC] Linlea: HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 0</span>/600, MP: 330/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150
[OOC] Linlea: Yes.
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Heartflower B [B]:12 Eris [F]:29 Charlotte [F]:40 Maria [F]:41 Linlea [B]:59
TheTale: Status for Heartflower B : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">= </span>]
TheTale: Zen!
Zen follows right after, this time after the series of slashes he continues with two spinning kickis and a front flip kick before rolling back into formation [Iron Weave, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 54 ( Total: 54 ) for 80
TheTale: It’s a hit!
Zen rolled 1d8+110,120 and got 3 ( Total: 135.6 ) for Physical, Melee
[OOC] TheTale: 135]!
[OOC] Zen: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 118</span>/700, MP: 464/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Superpoison[168] (1),E-Shine [+20%] (1)
TheTale: It turns to dust, inflicting [216] magical damage to Zen and Charlotte as Superpoison and Fear are cured!
[OOC] Charlotte: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 65</span>/550, MP: 350/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137
Zen simply falls oover, he's not surviving that
Eris‘ lets out a breath, casually dropping her hammer to the ground as she kneels down next to Linlea and pulls a small syringe with green liquid out of no where. There’s an ever so brief pause, before she jams the needle into her. [Emergency Shot] [Revive with VIT HP]
[OOC] Eris: You do, Charlotte healed you
[OOC] Charlotte: He took poison damage on his turn
[OOC] Zen: Nope, I took poison damage just now
[OOC] Zen: And then it exploded
[OOC] Linlea: You don't take damage if you kill it.
[OOC] Eris: poison didn't tick if you killed it on your turn!
[OOC] Linlea: That happened to me already.
[OOC] Zen: Oh
[OOC] TheTale: Got 18 EXP!
[OOC] Zen: Then I was down to exactly 100
[OOC] Zen: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 100</span>/700, MP: 464/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175
Linlea starts to cough as she gets back to her feet. "… that's uh. Good to know I can't die, I guess?"
Linlea: "First time that happened. The dying thing."
Zen jumps aside "Oh, no you
Zen: 're not! "
Eris‘ exhales again, then pokes Linlea with the back of the syringe.
Linlea takes a deep breath. "Uh. That aside."
Eris: "No you totally died. Your knight in shimmering armor just brought you back."
TheTale: Stones tinged with a faint blue light lead upwards.
Zen blinks, takes a deep breath "D-did you feel that, Lin?"
TheTale: Something’s ahead, grafted onto the Tree.
Linlea: "When I went down something very close by was reaching for my spark. In the spark land. I could tell they really wanted it."
Zen: "Yes, that"
Eris: "Okay time to take a break and sort through items. Charlotte, get to work. Patching us up first."
[OOC] Charlotte: How many of us are in SoS?
[OOC] Eris: HP: 192/600, MP: 490/600, LP: 3/6, SoS: 150
[OOC] Charlotte: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 65</span>/550, MP: 350/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137
[OOC] Zen: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 100</span>/700, MP: 464/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175
[OOC] Maria: HP: 482/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +0% to SAs (U)
[OOC] Linlea: HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 8</span>/600, MP: 330/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150
Charlotte‘ considers, casts a Saving Grace first.
Charlotte` rolled 1d12+72 and got 4 ( Total: 76.0 ) for 1st is for non-SOS, 2nd is for SOS
Also rolled 1d12+144 and got 12 [Total: 156.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 232.0, Avg: 8.00
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 221/550, MP: 260/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 164/600, MP: 330/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150
Linlea: "But uh… yeah. Did you not feel that back when you went down, Eris?"
[OOC] Zen: HP: 256/700, MP: 464/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175
[OOC] Eris: HP: 268/600, MP: 490/600, LP: 3/6, SoS: 150
Zen looks ahead at the shine
Linlea: "I’m reasonably confident I was an inch away from getting body jacked by whatever is at the top of this tree."
Eris: "Feel what?"
Zen: "I wanna say we all already know who was doing that"
Charlotte‘ drops another recover each on Zen and Linlea.
Eris: "Hmm."
Charlotte` rolled 1d12+162 and got 9 ( Total: 171.0 )
Zen: "Remember what Alice said? That… People like us don’t quite come back the way we're supposed to?"
[OOC] Charlotte: Break out the other Travel Supplies?
Eris: "Good thing we stocked up on wishes, huh?"
Linlea: "That gigantic black pillar that was practically shooting out towards my spark trying to devour it?"
Zen: "Juuust felt that almost happening"
Linlea: "You seriously didn't see that?"
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 221/550, MP: 140/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137
Eris: "If it happened, it was in your mind. Which isn't to say it didn't happen."
Zen: "Thank you, Charlotte"
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 335/600, MP: 330/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150
[OOC] Zen: HP: 427/700, MP: 464/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175
Zen looks at Eris "I just know I felt it"
Linlea: "Give Charlotte all the herbal tea we've got. We need more patching up."
Eris‘ glances at Charlotte. "Only if you want it to attack us while you’re setting them up."
Charlotte‘ sighs. "We’re so going to need resupply soon."
TheTale: A black jointed pillar reaches down from above, winding around one of the vines.
TheTale: A quiet reminder.
Zen: "We got some smaller medicine we're definitely not using in battle"
Zen looks at the pillar "Let's get some of it running and go"
[OOC] Zen: Who's got biggest WIL here for using some 50+6*WIL medicine on Charlotte and Lin and maybe me?
[OOC] Maria: Eris and Myself
[OOC] Linlea: I need to be at close to max HP I burn too much on opener to not fall over dead after at this HP.
Charlotte‘ drops another Saving Grace on the party, then needs MP badly.
Charlotte` rolled 1d8+72 and got 6 ( Total: 78.0 )
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 299/550, MP: 50/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137
Eris` glances at Charlotte.
Eris` pulls out three bottles of tea, pops the caps off of them, then shoves all three into her mouth. [+93 MP]
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 413/600, MP: 330/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150
Eris` then pulls out three more vials, cracks them, and dumps them over Charlotte’s head. [+330 MP]
Zen: "Eris can you get Charlotte and Linlea handled with some medicine?"
Eris: "One more of those area heals if you would be so kind, m'dear."
Eris: "Then save the rest of your juice for the fight and I'll continue the patch up."
Charlotte‘ grimaces a little at being force-fed, then nods, her shadow rippling out to everyone’s. [Saving Grace]
Charlotte‘ rolled 1d8+72 and got 3 ( Total: 75.0 )
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 374/550, MP: 383/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137
[OOC] Linlea: [SHP: 80] HP: 488/600, MP: 330/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150
[OOC] Zen: HP: 580/700, MP: 464/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175
Eris` uses one medicine on herself, one on Linlea, one on Zen, one on Charlotte. [+110 HP]
Maria helps each of the others out with the Medicine.
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 484/550, MP: 383/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137
Zen takes the medicine "Alright"
[OOC] Zen: HP: 690/700, MP: 464/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175
[OOC] Linlea: [SHP: 80] HP: 598/600, MP: 330/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150
Zen: "This reminds me of trench combat…"
Zen: "Not my favorite"
Eris: "One left. Need it, Charlotte?"
Charlotte` shakes her head after a moment. "I should be fairly good."
Eris: "Then I suppose we’re as good as we can be."
Eris: "Ready?"
Zen: "Ready"
Charlotte: "Let's be off, then."
TheTale: A stone pathway leads up above.
TheTale: Where it meets the tree, the tree weeps sap.
Eris‘ takes a deep breath, then walks on up purposfully.
Linlea: "This place is really messed up. I’ve heard of dead trees, but this one…"
Linlea: "Is it corrupted by something?"
Zen looks up at the way the pathway meets the tree "It's hurt, is what I can guess"
Eris: "Duno, I've never been in one."
Linlea: "The fact that we haven't seen a single spirit by the mana tree says a lot, actually. That's like… spirit prime land?"
Linlea: "Or any faeries."
Maria: "If you say so. Knowledge from afar?"
Charlotte: "No sproutlings anywhere at all, either."
Eris: "I don't… think I've ever seen a fairy myself."
Zen: "Sproutlings?"
Eris: "Heard the stories of sproutlings, however."
Linlea: "Sproutling have to do with the pure of heart."
Linlea: "They aren't directly related to the mana tree."
Linlea: "As for faeries… you should really pay more attention to the stories, Eris!"
Zen continues heading up, at any rate "Was this thing supposed to be here, though?"
Charlotte: "It's still weird that there's a bunch of Pure Hearts in the area, and not a single Sproutling. And since they're not around, don't worry too much about it, Zen."
Eris: "I said I'd never seen one myself, not that I hadn't heard of them."
Zen: "Feels like it's been wedge in place"
Linlea: "But uh, yeah. Whatever is at the top here was trying really hard to snatch up my body or spark or… something. It's bad news. And not THOSE bad news."
Eris: "So, D2."
Linlea: "If D2s true form is a black pillar that's some sort of pussy blob leaking out of the mana tree? Sure."
Zen: "Not sure if this is even his actual form"
TheTale: Up ahead…
TheTale: Grafted in the middle of the trunk, something like a tremendous, white marble cathedral.
TheTale: Tilted at a bizarre angle, its doors have fallen ajar.
TheTale: The stained glass windows depict musical scores.
TheTale: You've seen it in dreams, right?
TheTale: The Cathedral of D2.
Maria: "…maybe that is what he looks like."
Zen: "Yep"
Linlea tries a second time now that she's not in a dream. She stares at a musical score on one of the panes. What kind of music is it?
Eris‘ hops, pulling herself up and through the doorway.
Zen follows up after Eris
TheTale: Linlea: It looks classical. Something very difficult, maybe one of the famous etudes…?
TheTale: A concert solo piece, that sort of thing.
Eris: "So…"
Eris: "How much do you think he cares about this Cathedral?"
TheTale: Inside, the pews are slid back to one side, due to the tilt of the cathedral. A tremendous pipe organ occupies the vast majority of the hall, choking out the back wall, woven into it, crawling over it like a cancer.
Linlea shakes her head. "Knowing our luck this entire cathedral layout is depicting a massive performance of de capo aeternum."
Zen: "I think he cares about it in as much as he hates it"
Eris: "I feel like I should be smashing out the windows."
TheTale: And then, falling from the ceiling…
Zen: "Look at how… Visceral the design of that organ is"
TheTale: A single coin.
TheTale: Haha, how does it go?
Eris` glances up.
Linlea: "I can’t argue that getting some real sunlight in here would do some good, but…" She goes to pick up the coin.
TheTale: 'Looks like he was an organ donor. No wonder the sound had so much… body.'
TheTale rolled d2 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for What was it? "Heads I'll stay, Tails I'll go"…?
TheTale: Tails.
TheTale: A faint sound like a music-box, as some sort of… floppy, felt doll drops in from above.
Linlea inspects the coin. Just one lucre?
TheTale: Just one.
Linlea: "… thought they didn't have Lucre here."
TheTale: …But hey, it's the first lucre you've seen since…
TheTale: Coming here.
Zen looks at the dolls that fall down, looks at Linlea, chuckles
Zen: "It has been so long since anyone used that"
TheTale: Dressed in mourning-white, with a placard reading "1011" , the doll has a long, fuzzy face and short, pointy ears, like a certain famous video game character.
Zen: "Those days we just trade favors instead"
TheTale: It's everyone's friend, Huggable D2!
Linlea: "Much to our merchants disdain, yes."
TheTale: "Oh, you should give that back." It squeaks uselessly, holding a limb out for the coin.
Eris‘ carefully raises her hammer above her head as the doll starts to descend…. then slams it into the ground with force, attempting to level out the tilt and blow the windows out with a shockwave at the same time. [Muscle]
Zen looks at the doll again, takes two steps back
Zen: "What is that"
Linlea glances at the doll. "Sure. Not like it’s silver or gold, anyways." She tosses it the lucre coin.
TheTale: WHAM. The Cathedral drops in its housing, the windows exploding out. Huggable D2 shrieks and plugs its ears. Or at least, makes a gesture as if it were doing so?
TheTale: And then it takes the coin back and tucks it into a dress-pouch.
Zen looks at Eris "Really, now"
Linlea winces before staggering in place. "Ow ow ow ow. Geeze, Eris. Do you mind? I was right here with the doll!"
Eris: "Didn't want to slip when the fight starts."
TheTale: "I'm the Huggable D2!" It explains, in that stupid voice. "I'm here to provide a friendly and approachable avatar for that thing you want to kill, D2."
Eris‘ rotates a shoulder in a loose circle.
Linlea wobbles back to the back row mouthing a ’sorry about the windows'.
Charlotte‘ winces, shaking her head as she stabilizes her footing. "A little warning first, next time?"
Zen: "If by that you mean slightly creepy"
Linlea: "So uh. Where’s D2 right now?"
Zen: "But hi"
Eris: "I mean, I did say I felt like I should be knocking out the windows… but so noted."
Linlea: "I'm assuming this place is important to them given the visions we've been getting."
Linlea: "You're just some sort of familiar he left at home, right?"
TheTale: "Yes, that's about right!"
TheTale: "This is D2's birthplace."
TheTale: "If she ever wishes to come home, I'll be here to welcome her…!"
TheTale: "…Actually, I'll likely just get ripped to shreds."
Linlea: "When was the last time they came home?"
TheTale: "Never."
Linlea: "When did they leave?"
TheTale: "At the very beginning of this world."
TheTale: "It was created purely to serve as punishment for everyone in it. We deserve it, after all!"
Maria just frowns at the doll, unsure what to say.
Zen: "Hardly"
Eris: "No, no."
Zen: "If you don't know why you're being punished that's absolutely useless"
Eris: "Let is explain, Zen."
Eris: "I want it to sell me on the idea."
Zen: "Ahaha, yes, go ahead"
Zen: "I'm with Eris on this one"
Eris‘ wraps one arm around her waist, while gesturing for HD2 to continue.
Linlea: "If you wanted to make a chess board and punish all the pieces in the game that’s… your thing, I guess. But why are you grabbing shogi and checkers pieces and keeping them on the game board too? We don't even belong here."
TheTale: "Oh, because, in the creation myth of this world…"
TheTale: "…'A Meddling Angel Who Thinks They Know Better Than Everyone Else, But Is Really Just a Giant Idiot' was the final sin, the straw that broke the camel's back!"
TheTale: "So, it's important to rip their wings off and bury them in lead, too!"
Linlea: "What was that angels name?"
Charlotte: "Would you mind elaborating on this whole creation myth, please?"
TheTale: "Not at all…!"
Maria: "…I don't remember that line."
Linlea nods. A further elaboration of the entire myth would also be appreciated. They'd likely cover who the angel was if they went into more detail.
TheTale: Huggable D2 gestures to the back of the room, and a screen drops down. She rushes over to a pew and sits down, patting the space behind her. A bag of popcorn lowers on a string.
TheTale: "Everyone!"
TheTale: "Let's watch it together."
Charlotte‘ shrugs and takes a seat on one of the pews.
Zen is slightly taken aback but… Goes along, he sits further behind
Linlea takes a seat.
Maria sits down to watch…?
TheTale: The movie starts…!
Eris` shrugs, grabs a bag of popcorn and plops some into her mouth.
TheTale: "Presenting the first book of D2:"
TheTale: "In the beginning, the cruel witch, the stupid ogre, the coward, and the fool all lived in harmony together."
TheTale: "Ignorance is bliss, after all!"
TheTale: …It’s narrated in Huggable D2's voice.
TheTale: "Of course, even though the pathetic coward got spoiled rotten, he still got hurt over and over…"
TheTale: "Of course, even though the witch said 'I'm doing what's best', she dripped poison with everything she did…"
TheTale: "Of course, even though the ogre thought he was the centre of things, everyone hoped he would just go away…"
TheTale: "Of course, even though the fool thought she was strong, she was the weakest of all…"
TheTale: "But as long as you have eachother, you can be happy!"
TheTale: "One day…"
TheTale: "…Goodness, it could have been any day…"
TheTale: "The Ogre and the Witch were fighting over something stupid."
TheTale: "That's enough," said the Witch. "I'm traveling to the west!"
TheTale: "That's enough," said the Ogre. "I'm traveling to the east!"
TheTale: The fool, who had learned to handle the Ogre, decided to go east.
TheTale: …As for the Coward…
TheTale: Well, he would have had to decide, wouldn't he?
TheTale: He would've had to make a decision, right?
TheTale: He can't do anything like that!
TheTale: So he flipped…
TheTale: A Coin.
TheTale: That Coin was the seed of what became the majestic and wonderful D2!
TheTale: "
TheTale: In the movie, the fallen coin is shown sprouting black vines and tendrils, choking the world.
TheTale: Huggable D2 passes the popcorn down the line.
Linlea definitely eats some. She's not going to turn down free food.
Zen just looks at it
TheTale: Zen: There's butter topping!
Maria is going to pass.
Zen just… tastes a couple. He's thinking, though
Eris‘ continues eating it, really.
TheTale: "In the days before they parted, troubled, the coward and the fool decided to seek the help of a great sage for help!"
TheTale: "When they met him…"
Charlotte` will have some.
TheTale: "The sage revealed that he was an angel in disguise."
TheTale: "He looked around the world and he said:"
TheTale: "Oh! This is beautiful! Oh! This is perfect!"
TheTale: "You two, my children, should use your powers to keep Everything Exactly As It Is."
TheTale: "…What’s the point of a world where cowards and fools and ogres and witches are happy?"
TheTale: "The Seed of D2 grew and grew!"
TheTale: "D2 dug deep into the spine of the world."
TheTale: "It's roots spread everywhere."
TheTale: "It split everything, perfectly, into two, witches on one side, ogres on the other…"
TheTale: "So that they could punish one another, for their nature, for all time!"
Eris‘ mumbles something about that making red happy under her breath. Munch, munch.
TheTale: "One day, the coward saw people dying all around him. It made his stupid little heart sick!"
TheTale: "So he called out to the Fool. He said, let’s climb up to the top of the world."
TheTale: "He said, let's shout out to the heavens."
TheTale: "Let's make a world where we can be happy!"
TheTale: "Together, they climbed up to the very top of the world…"
TheTale: "Climbing, and climbing, and climbing."
TheTale: "But, instead…"
TheTale: "When they reached the top…"
TheTale: "When the Fool said 'let's run away together…"
TheTale: "The Coward ripped out her heart."
TheTale: "The Fool was a fool all along."
TheTale: "The Coward was a coward all along."
TheTale: "D2 blossomed."
TheTale: "And so, The Ultimate Punishment End Of The World Plan began."
TheTale: "The end!"
Zen: "So… D2 has no idea what the fuck they're doing, and someone is still crying over their parents fighting"
Zen: "Did I get that right?"
Eris: "Hey,"
Linlea: "You seriously just made me sit through all that and you didn't even tell me the meddling fake angels name still. Was it Joch? Or…?"
Eris: "You left out my favorite part of the myth."
Eris‘ frowns.
TheTale: "You didn’t like the movie?" Huggable D2 sounds like she might cry.
Eris: "You know, the bit where the Fool sells the world to the Evil Witch, only it turns out she palmed it and kept it for herself…?"
TheTale: "No, no, there's nothing like that. It's all in the movie!"
Linlea scrunches up her face. "… we never did see Jack since we came here. In person that is."
Zen: "This is really irritating…"
Eris: "She and You-Know-Who are staying out of the way."
Eris: "Which,"
Eris: "I presumable for this reason." Gesturing at D2
Eris: "So what about the rest of us? Just… caught in the cross fire?"
Zen: "We're always here to clean up the mess those four make"
Charlotte: "Pretty much."
Zen: "I wonder why none of us put one of them on a fucking galactic headlock by now"
Zen: "I mean- No, ignore that last one"
Linlea: "… huh. I guess in context that makes sense for you to phrase it like that Zen. Considering you didn't exist until they became relevent to your story."
Zen: "That was a little too much for me…" he stands up "Either way…"
Zen: "Sounds like D2 is merely entirely losing their shit because they've got no idea what to do"
Eris: "I mean…"
Eris: "Was there ever any doubt this wasn't an angsty tempertantrum?"
Zen: "I was hopeful it was not"
Linlea: "So, huggable D2. What about that whole granting wishes if you get to the top of the mana tree thing?"
Zen: "I suppose in this case hope was the first one to die"
Eris: "You're *adorable*."
Maria: "Not really since our first talk."
TheTale: "Well…"
TheTale: "Half of the people who've gone to the top of the tree got wishes granted."
TheTale: "The other half got their hearts ripped out!"
TheTale: "That's not a bad track record, right?"
Zen: "It's abysmal"
Linlea: "So flip the coin."
Linlea: "I'll take my chances!"
Charlotte: "…You're begging for trouble here, aren't you?"
Zen: "Yes she is"
Eris: "Anywho."
Zen looks around at the cathedral "We got all we could get from over here, I imagine"
Eris‘ finishes the bucket of popcorn off, tossing the bucket over her shoulder
Eris: "You gunna stop us if we head up?"
TheTale: "Yup!" Huggable D2 says.
TheTale: "I’ll do my best."
Eris: "Cool."
Linlea: "Any chance you can, y'know, just let us go up?"
Linlea: "I get you're bored and lonely and all but we just watched a movie with you."
Eris‘ stands up, kicks her hammer up into the air and into her hands. "Lets go then. You didn’t sell me on getting oblitered over someone else's fight."
TheTale: "Nope! I'm created to be congenial, but having a wish be granted would muck up a lot of plans."
TheTale: "Hold on though, I need to get like…"
TheTale: "A lot of other monsters ready."
Linlea glances at Eris. "We strike now."
Eris: "I'm pretty okay with not giving you time for it."
Maria: "Oh, well then." She walks up to the doll and punts him.
TheTale: "I'll be quick- ACK!"
TheTale: Huggable D2 flops over.
Eris: "Doing a thing by the way," Off handedly,
Eris: Before slamming her hammer down on the Huggable D2.
Maria steps back.
Zen: "Merciless"
[OOC] Zen: For the log, Peter honest to god pings out here
Eris: "Well… yes?"
Peter: Phew, sorry about that.
[OOC] Zen: Eris has a really pwerful hammer
[OOC] Linlea: Eris smashed D2 with a hammer and you disconnected.
Peter: Anyway, D2 crawls towrads a panel in the back away from Eris opening it up and taking out a Raijin IV toy, in original packaging. She coughs a little, in her squeaky voice, and starts trying to get those plastic ziptie things on the back unfastened.
Eris‘ grabs Zen by the collar, hurls him into D2.
TheTale: Squeak!
TheTale: "Does anyone have any scissors?"
TheTale: "I’m made of felt."
Eris: "He's got claws."
Zen blinks- jumps a bit to help Eris and curls up as he's thrown for extra impact!
Maria: "…really?"
Zen will land wherever Eris throw him and snatch the toy out of the other toy's hands
Zen: "This feels exceedingly cruel at this point"
TheTale: It goes sailing across the cathedral!
TheTale: Huggable D2 limps over to the container it got the first one from.
TheTale: …It, uh, it takes a while.
TheTale: She gets out a second one.
Eris‘ rubs at her eyes, stiffles a yawn.
Charlotte: "This is… kind of sad."
Linlea just heads upstairs. They haven’t even unwrapped a toy yet.
Eris: "Ugh, should've taken… tenacity, probably."
Zen grabs the felt toy "Enough, please"
Eris‘ follows after Linlea, keeping one eye on the plushie as she does.
Zen: "Like, we’re I really understand what you're doing but look, the others are gone already, just hold in there, okay?" he kind of hugs it once, and lets it go and follows the aliens
TheTale: Even wounded, Huggable D2 crawls back over to the package as the party departs, trying to get it open.
TheTale: …But, you know.
TheTale: Made of felt.
Maria just shakes her head and follows.
Zen sighs
Charlotte‘ shrugs and follows. "Tough luck?"
Zen: "D2’s a real big asshole"
Zen: "To make the poor little thing and throw it where they did:
Linlea continues up the stairs. "Eris. Do you… uhh…" She wobbles in place before rubbing her eye.
Zen looks at Linlea "I do"
Eris: "Tired? Yes."
Zen: "We all do, don't we?"
Zen: "Great, something's happening"
TheTale: The stone staircase up is…
TheTale: Agonizingly long.
TheTale: (Did it have to be so long?)
[OOC] Zen: Yes it did
Eris: "It's called 'stalling', Zen."
[OOC] Zen: It's probably part of the whole reason we're sleepy
Zen: "Probably"
Zen looks at Maria "Maria please tell me you're sleepy too"
Linlea holds back a yawn. "I figured… we gave them enough time setting camp up but…" She continues up the steps.
Charlotte‘ prods the others. "I know it’s endless stairs, but please just keep moving." [Tenacity]
TheTale: Eventually, you come to a promenade, overlooking the forest.
Eris: "I knew I could count on the maid."
TheTale: The top of the tree is… almost in sight, vanishing up above.
TheTale: Eris, Linlea, Zen, you could probably doze off for a moment, safely.
TheTale: …Well, I mean, no you can't, but that's what happens.
Eris‘ grabs for Charlotte as she feels herself fading out.
Linlea simply face plants at the top of the stairs. Success. She made it. Only she’s sleeping now.
Charlotte is sure to keep shaking them awake… or slapping them even, if needed.
Zen holds falls down to a knee "tsk.. popcorn, of course…" he falls over, he's an idiot, he knew it was going to happen
TheTale: Huffing and puffing, Huggable D2 catches up, followed by three quadrupedal stuffed toys of unknown nature and a pair of Raijin IV toys.
TheTale: "Hello! Hello! I got all the monsters! We can fight now!"
Maria: "I knew it was-tsk."
Maria: "Why did you have to eat the popcorn? The doll caught up?"
TheTale: Linlea, Eris and Zen are Asleep (4). Make a 30 CoS check before acting or Snooze (20D)!
TheTale: Attacked from behind!
[OOC] Maria: -2nd ?
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Linlea [B]:1 Huggable D2 [F]:2 Raijin IV-B [F]:2 Charlotte [F]:3 Beloved Friend C [B]:3 Eris [F]:4 Zen [F]:5 Raijin IV-A [F]:5 Beloved Friend B [F]:5 Beloved Friend A [F]:7
TheTale: Maria!
Maria frowns at the new monsters. And HD2.
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Linlea [B]:1 Huggable D2 [F]:2 Raijin IV-B [F]:2 Charlotte [F]:3 Beloved Friend C [F]:3 Eris [F]:4 Zen [F]:5 Raijin IV-A [F]:5 Beloved Friend B [F]:5 Beloved Friend A [F]:7
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">====================</span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
Maria strikes at Raijin IV-A! [Forward Strike, 50D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
TheTale: It's a hit!
Maria rolled d10+120,200% and got 3 ( Total: 246.0 ) for +20% and +80 HP for SA
Charlotte waves a hand and Maria's shadow strikes again! [S.A.]
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 ) for 85
[OOC] TheTale: 209]!
Charlotte rolled 1d12+135,120 and got 10 ( Total: 174.0 ) for -15 delay I guess?
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 550/550, MP: 383/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Recover Primed (U)
Charlotte also has Recover primed. [Wheels in Wheels]
TheTale: Maria! [130]!
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 550/550, MP: 323/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Recover Primed (U)
[OOC] Maria: …I just went?
TheTale: Identical guardians of the clouds, monsters take less damage while a Raijin IV is healthy!
TheTale: Oh, oops.
[OOC] Charlotte: -15 Delay for Charlotte, I meant
TheTale: Charlotte, I mean…
TheTale: ..Oh, I guess [Cloud Guardian] won't benefit another Raijin IV anymore, because they're kin.
Charlotte frowns at Raijin A, making it's shadow ripple. [Mire for (4), damage on each action, or consumed to punish a Support. 50D]
TheTale: It only came up in that one alternate-universe-visits episode, though, and in that one, they fought, so…
Charlotte rolled 1d8+56 and got 1 ( Total: 57.0 ) for Mire damage
TheTale: Linlea!
Linlea seems to be having some sort of dream. She rolls around on the floor muttering under her breath. "… I'm not a kid anymore." [20D]
[OOC] Eris: roll to wake up maybe!!
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 62 ( Total: 62 )
[OOC] Linlea: [SHP: 80] HP: 598/600, MP: 330/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - Sleep[20D] (3)
TheTale: The Raijin IV-B grants a [Barrier] to the Beloved Friend A, reducing incoming damage!
TheTale: Huggable D2 begins casting [Pleasant Fog - CT10]!
TheTale: Beloved Friend C bites into Maria!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 46 ( Total: 46 )
TheTale rolled d8+108 and got 3 ( Total: 111.0 )
TheTale: Inflicting 111 physical damage!
TheTale: Eris!
TheTale: Zen!
[OOC] Maria: HP: 469/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +0% to SAs (U)
Eris‘ rolled d100 and got 81 ( Total: 81 )
Eris` takes her first turn! [20D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 18 ( Total: 18 ) for 30
TheTale: Good morning, Zen!
TheTale: (it’s still your turn)
Zen suddenly flips backwards, back in battle position "Grr! Not my first rodeo, kid" he suddenly lunges towards Raijin A, he delivers a full force body blow on the poor toy, forcing it back [Beat Parry, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 ) for 80
Zen rolled 1d8+110 and got 3 ( Total: 113 ) for Physical, Melee
[OOC] Zen: HP: 690/700, MP: 424/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175
[OOC] Zen: Beat Parry: -30% to non-Zen on next action
TheTale: Raijin IV swoops forward and hits Zen back, then!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 43 ( Total: 43 )
TheTale rolled d8+63 and got 5 ( Total: 68.0 )
[OOC] Zen: Magical Footing
TheTale: For 68 physical damage!
Zen blocks it with his arm "Keep trying"
[OOC] Zen: HP: 652/700, MP: 424/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175
TheTale: Huggable D2 points at Zen.
TheTale: "There! Go make him feel super welcome!"
TheTale: Zen's the… Special Guest(U).
Charlotte: "That's… ominious."
Zen: "What are you doing"
TheTale: Beloved Friends B and A growl and curl up, preparing to pounce on Zen!
TheTale: I mean, they're stuffed animals, though.
TheTale: What's the worst they can do.
TheTale: Huggable D2 calls up a [Pleasant Fog] - It kind of smells like freshly baked cookies! Around Charlotte and Maria.
TheTale: Blind (4) and Luck Bane (4) - Technique CoSes are reduced -20! Take 120 damage whenever you spend LP!
TheTale: To each.
Maria: "…"
Maria: "That's not very pleasant."
Zen: "That sounds terrifying"
Charlotte: "…That's nasty for smelling so nice."
[OOC] Maria: HP: 469/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +0% to SAs (U),CoS -20 (4),[120]/LP spent (4)
TheTale: The Beloved Friends pounce atop Zen and sprout horrifying saws from their muzzle, ripping into Zen! [Fatal Rip]
TheTale rolled 2d100 and got 5, 14 ( Total: 19 )
Zen readies up- This is not going to be easy
TheTale rolled d8*2+216*2 and got 7 ( Total: 446.0 ) for Critical hit vs. Special Guest!
d8*2+216*2: 3 [Total: 438.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 884.0, Avg: 5.00
TheTale: Hitting for 446 and 438 physical damage each!
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 550/550, MP: 263/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Blind (-20 technique CoS) (4),Luck Bane (120 w/LP spent) (4),Recover Primed (U)
Zen shields one with both arms [Impact Guard] and and kicks the other away [Withstand]
[OOC] TheTale: How much damage did the Impact Guard'd one do?
[OOC] Zen: HP: 303/700, MP: 424/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Special Guest (U)
[OOC] Zen: 247
TheTale: A Beloved Friend B pounces back and snarls, saws still spinning! Incoming [Double Thrash] - damage will repeat in 30D!
[OOC] Zen: Can I get an init call?
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Eris [F]:3 Huggable D2 [F]:21 Beloved Friend C [F]:22 Raijin IV-A [F]:24 Double Thrash [247]:24 Maria [F]:29 Charlotte [F]:29 Zen [F]:31 Raijin IV-B [F]:31 Beloved Friend B [F]:34 Beloved Friend A [F]:36
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">====================</span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Barrier[80](4)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-A : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Mire[57](4)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Linlea!
TheTale: Oh, I think I forgot Mire damage, hold on.
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 41 ( Total: 41 ) for 30%
Linlea rolls around in her sleep some more.
[OOC] Linlea: [SHP: 80] HP: 598/600, MP: 330/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - Sleep[20D] (2)
TheTale: Eris!
Eris‘ rolled d100 and got 71 ( Total: 71 )
Eris` has performed… action #2!
TheTale: Linlea!
Charlotte waves a hand and gives Maria a ripple to her Shadow from the Mire damage. [Cascade]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 16 ( Total: 16 ) for 30
Linlea groggily get sto her feet.
TheTale: Okay, Linlea: Now!
Linlea takes out her flute and starts to play. [All Over -> Shatter Wave | 50D]
TheTale: Huggable D2 begins casting [Miasma - CT15!]
TheTale: Beloved Friend C hops atop Zen and begins mauling him! [CT10!] [Knock it away or it’ll do gigantic damage!]
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Raijin IV-A [F]:1 Double Thrash [247]:1 Maria [F]:6 Charlotte [F]:6 Raijin IV-B [F]:8 Beloved Friend C [F]:9 Zen [F]:10 Beloved Friend B [F]:11 Huggable D2 [F]:13 Beloved Friend A [F]:13 Linlea [B]:47
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">====================</span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Barrier[80](4)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-A : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>] Mire[57](3)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Eris!
Zen brings up his claws to try to get it off of him, but he's a little bit too slow
Eris‘ rolled d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 )
Eris` zzz.
TheTale: Raijin IV spreads its wings, preparing for [Judgement Wave]! It’s gonna punish damage dealt to other targets! (More the first time.)
TheTale: Double Thrash rips into Zen for another [247]!
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:0 Raijin IV-B [F]:2 Beloved Friend C [F]:3 Zen [F]:4 Beloved Friend B [F]:5 Huggable D2 [F]:7 Beloved Friend A [F]:7 Eris [F]:14 Linlea [B]:41 Raijin IV-A [F]:45
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">====================</span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Barrier[80](3)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-A : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>] Mire[57](3)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Maria!
TheTale: Charlotte!
Linlea continues to play her flute as swirls of earth magic materialize. A hail of gem missiles rain down on all enemies.
[OOC] Zen: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 86</span>/700, MP: 424/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Special Guest (U)
Linlea rolled d10+150 and got 9 ( Total: 159.0 ) for magic damage
Zen gets mauled at again
Maria strikes at Beloved Friend C, trying to pry it off Zen's face! [Forward Strike, 50D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 12 ( Total: 12 )
[OOC] TheTale: 111] [111] [111] [111] [159] [159]!
Maria rolled d10+120 and got 2 ( Total: 122.0 )
Charlotte snaps fingers, drops her Recover on Zen.
Charlotte rolled 1d12+162 and got 6 ( Total: 168.0 )
Linlea follows up with an arrow! [Attack Assist]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 31 ( Total: 31 )
[OOC] TheTale: 122]! Crackling lightning zaps Maria for 162 magical lightning damage! Linlea's struck for 90 magical damage!
Linlea rolled d12*1.3+140*1.3 and got 11 ( Total: 196.3 )
[OOC] Maria: HP: 337/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +0% to SAs (U),Tech CoS -20 (3),[120]/LP spent (3)
TheTale: Raijin IV activates a Barrier Response (2), putting a barrier around the Friend after the first hit!
[OOC] TheTale: 116]!
[OOC] Charlotte: Which Raijin?
TheTale: B!
[OOC] Charlotte: Okay.
TheTale: Phew! You've saved Zen!
TheTale: Charlotte!
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Raijin IV-B [F]:2 Beloved Friend C [F]:3 Zen [F]:4 Beloved Friend B [F]:5 Huggable D2 [F]:7 Beloved Friend A [F]:7 Eris [F]:14 Linlea [B]:41 Raijin IV-A [F]:45 Maria [F]:50
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](3)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-A : [<span style="color: #008000;">====== </span>] Mire[57](2)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
Charlotte concentrates… [Recover, CT 25]
TheTale: Raijin IV-B creates a Barrier around Beloved Friend B!
TheTale: ~B Unity~
TheTale: Beloved Friend still rips into Zen a little bit! Not as much, though.
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 77 ( Total: 77 )
Zen kicks the Beloved Friend away [Repel]
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Beloved Friend B [F]:1 Huggable D2 [F]:3 Beloved Friend A [F]:3 Eris [F]:10 Charlotte [F]:21 Linlea [B]:37 Beloved Friend C [F]:39 Raijin IV-A [F]:41 Maria [F]:46 Raijin IV-B [F]:48
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](3)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](4)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-A : [<span style="color: #008000;">====== </span>] Mire[57](2)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Zen!
Zen steps back into the back row, stretching his arms [Preparation, 30D] [Footing deactivated]
[OOC] Zen: Direct Footing
[OOC] Maria: don't do that
[OOC] Zen: WAIT NO CANCEL THAT
[OOC] Zen: right I remember now and this is super shitty
Zen doesn't steps back, no, he stays where he is, readying his defenses! [Defend, 30D]
[OOC] Maria: Zen you can step back, change rows next action
[OOC] Zen: Uhnn- Okay, then. Then i'm using Preparation, same delay
TheTale: Ok!
TheTale: Beloved Friend B pounces atop Zen - better knock it away!
Maria steps in front of Zen, taking the blow for him.
[OOC] Maria: GA
[OOC] TheTale: Oh, no, it hasn't hit yet. Just charging. Feel free to do that when it does, though.
[OOC] Maria: Oh well then
[OOC] TheTale: CT10
TheTale: Huggable D2 calls down a cloying [Miasma] on Zen and Eris! Whenever you act, allies in your row take 60 magical damage. (4)
TheTale: Beloved Friend A pounces Zen, too! [CT10]
Linlea blocks Eris's Miasma!
TheTale: Okay!
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Beloved Friend B [F]:1 Beloved Friend A [F]:3 Charlotte [F]:11 Zen [F]:20 Linlea [B]:27 Huggable D2 [F]:28 Beloved Friend C [F]:29 Raijin IV-A [F]:31 Maria [F]:36 Raijin IV-B [F]:38
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](3)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](4)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-A : [<span style="color: #008000;">====== </span>] Mire[57](2)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Eris!
Zen: "This is a lot of damage control going on here"
Linlea nods to Zen. She doesn't say much since she's still focused on playing the flute. A barrage is incoming so she needs to stay focused.
Eris‘ rolled d100 and got 45 ( Total: 45 )
[OOC] Eris: HMMM
[OOC] Eris: eh eating it )
Eris` snoozes for the last time. Maria and Charlotte eat 60 damage!
TheTale: Beloved Friends B and A maul into Zen, who’s in the back row!
TheTale rolled 2d100 and got 87, 9 ( Total: 96 ) for 80/30
[OOC] Linlea: Someone block that crit
[OOC] Linlea: So it isn't a crit
Maria pulls A off of Zen! [GA]
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 20] HP: 550/550, MP: 263/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Blind (-20 technique CoS) (4),Luck Bane (120 w/LP spent) (4),Recover Primed (U)
Zen throws one of them off while Maria grabs the other one
TheTale rolled d8+216 and got 3 ( Total: 219.0 )
TheTale: It hits Maria for 219 physical damage!
[OOC] Eris: oh wait I didn't see fue ate my miasma
TheTale: It revs up - Double Thrash[219] incoming!
Linlea fires off another barrage of gem missiles at the enemy group!
[OOC] Maria: HP: 148/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +0% to SAs (U),Tech CoS -20 (3),[120]/LP spent (3)
Linlea rolled d10+150 and got 9 ( Total: 159.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 111] [31] [31] [31] [159] [159]!
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Zen [F]:9 Eris [F]:9 Linlea [B]:16 Huggable D2 [F]:17 Beloved Friend C [F]:18 Raijin IV-A [F]:20 Double Thrash [219]:22 Maria [F]:25 Raijin IV-B [F]:27 Beloved Friend B [F]:30 Beloved Friend A [F]:32
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](3)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-A : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">==== </span>] Mire[57](2)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Charlotte!
Eris‘ stiffles a yawn as she sits up. "…You let the bunny catch up, Charlotte? I’ve never been so disapointed."
Maria: "It's your fault for eating the popcorn."
Charlotte 's shadow ripples. Recover's primed. HP checks? [25D]
[OOC] Zen: HP: 254/700, MP: 424/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Special Guest (U),Miasma (4)
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 550/550, MP: 203/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Blind (-20 technique CoS) (3),Luck Bane (120 w/LP spent) (3),Recover Primed (U)
[OOC] Eris: HP: 531/600, MP: 490/600, LP: 3/6, SoS: 150
[OOC] Maria: HP: 148/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +0% to SAs (U),Tech CoS -20 (3),[120]/LP spent (3)
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Eris [F]:0 Linlea [B]:7 Huggable D2 [F]:8 Beloved Friend C [F]:9 Raijin IV-A [F]:11 Double Thrash [219]:13 Maria [F]:16 Charlotte [F]:16 Raijin IV-B [F]:18 Beloved Friend B [F]:21 Beloved Friend A [F]:23
TheTale: Zen!
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 578/600, MP: 270/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - Miasma (4)
TheTale: Eris!
Eris: "So."
Eris: "Who wants to see something cool?"
Maria: "Things aren't going well. I'll take it."
Zen: "I'd love to see something that takes us out of the defensive"
Eris‘ stands up, crackling her knuckles.
Charlotte: "Is it going to turn the battle around? Because Escape Ropes are sounding really tempting."
Linlea: "We never give up, Char!"
Linlea: "We’re really close. We just have to win this!"
Eris‘ begins to glow brightly, flooding the room with a dull pink light. She picks her hammer back up in one hand, testing it’s weight for a moment, before lunging forward at Raijin B. As she brings her hammer up and then swings it down, it begins to burn with multiple after images that slam into it repeatedly. Also Zen got [High Sparked] in there. [Trinity Stake] [60D]
Eris‘ rolled d12+150 and got 7 ( Total: 157 ) for hp
Eris` rolled 3d100 and got 74, 11, 11 ( Total: 96 )
Eris` rolled 3#d12+160,160%(1) and got 11 ( Total: 273.6 ) for prime load
Also rolled 3#d12+160,160%(2) and got 9 [Total: 270.40000000000003]
Also rolled 3#d12+160,160%(3) and got 8 [Total: 268.8]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 812.8
TheTale: Huggable D2 has [Evasion 15]! Pay Luck or the first one misses!
TheTale: Oh!
TheTale: Oh wait.
TheTale: Raijin B.
TheTale: No we’re cool. <3
[OOC] TheTale: 273] [270] [268]!
[OOC] Eris: Yup, hittin' the defender <3
TheTale: Raijin A zaps Eris for 80 magical lightning damage!
TheTale: Zen!
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Linlea [B]:7 Huggable D2 [F]:8 Beloved Friend C [F]:9 Raijin IV-A [F]:11 Double Thrash [219]:13 Maria [F]:16 Charlotte [F]:16 Raijin IV-B [F]:18 Beloved Friend B [F]:21 Beloved Friend A [F]:23 Eris [F]:60
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](3)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-A : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">==== </span>] Mire[57](2)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-B : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">==== </span>]
[OOC] TheTale: Cloud Guardian] ends!
Eris‘ jumps backwards as the light coming from her dies down.
Linlea: "That was flashy but half the group is not in good shape while you were snoozing. Got a plan?"
Maria: "Okay, that was pretty cool, though I expected a bigger impact."
Zen looks at the mess Eris just caused, cracks his knuckles as his armor glows with brilliant blue lines. He dashes ahead and delivers a couple of claw strikes, turns into a kick and a shoulder slam to Raijin A [Yield Not, 47D]
Eris: "Kill everything…?"
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for 80
Zen spends 1 luck on that
TheTale: It’s a critical hit!
Zen then spins around one last time, grabs the Raijin with his right hand and slams it into the ground
Zen rolled 1d8+110,180 and got 1 ( Total: 199.8 ) for Physical, Melee
Eris‘ dashes after Zane, slamming her hammer into the robot he just hit. [Strike Assist]
Eris` rolled d100 and got 87 ( Total: 87 )
[OOC] TheTale: 199]!
Eris` -1LP to hit ugh
Eris` rolled d12+160 and got 12 ( Total: 172 )
[OOC] TheTale: 172]!
Zen also deals 60 damage to Linlea from Miasma
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Huggable D2 [F]:1 Beloved Friend C [F]:2 Raijin IV-A [F]:4 Double Thrash [219]:6 Maria [F]:9 Charlotte [F]:9 Raijin IV-B [F]:11 Beloved Friend B [F]:14 Beloved Friend A [F]:16 Zen [F]:40 Eris [F]:53
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](3)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-A : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>] Mire[57](2)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-B : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">==== </span>]
[OOC] Zen: HP: 411/700, MP: 344/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Special Guest (U),Miasma[60] (3)
TheTale: Linlea!
Linlea glances at Maria. "You still got a follow up attack on you?"
Maria: "Decent chance it’ll miss though."
Zen: "I can follow it up if it helps
Charlotte snaps fingers, Recover used on Maria.
Charlotte rolled 1d12+162 and got 1 ( Total: 163.0 )
Linlea: "That's okay. If it hits the payoff will be worth it." She pulls back an arrow before firing off a massive attack at Raijin IV-B. [All In - All Quicks except All Over | 40D]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 7 ( Total: 7 )
[OOC] Linlea: -1 LP
TheTale: It hits!
[OOC] Maria: HP: 311/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +0% to SAs (U),Tech CoS -20 (3),[120]/LP spent (3)
Linlea rolled d12*3.5+140*3.5 and got 12 ( Total: 532.0 )
TheTale: It hangs on with 12 HP!
Zen vaults forward, because fuck the thing lasting even a second more [S.A.]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for 80
TheTale: Linlea's zapped for 80 magical damage! Plus some damage boosts, I think.
TheTale: It's a hit, Zen!
Zen rolled 1d8+110,80 and got 1 ( Total: 88.80000000000001 ) for Physical, Melee
Eris: "See Linlea?"
TheTale: Zen's zapped for 80 magical damage!
TheTale: Raijin IV-B explodes!
Eris: "Kill everything. I'm a genius."
Linlea takes boosted damage from that, but it also eats the +40% so fair trade.
TheTale: Huggable D2 does a twirl and five [Pillars of D2] burst through the staircase below her, forming the back row!
[OOC] TheTale: They'll detonate later, one at a time, to damage targets for their surviving HP.
Eris: "Gross."
Zen: "That'll be painful"
Linlea: "Last time they brought that out I refreshed All Over."
Linlea: "This is going to be a pain."
TheTale: Beloved Friend C leaps onto Zen and begins shredding into him! [CT10, try and knock it away, please!]
TheTale: Raijin IV-A, badly damaged, continues maintaining the [Judgement Wave]!
TheTale: Double Thrash hits Maria for [219]!
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:0 Raijin IV-B [F]:2 Beloved Friend C [F]:3 Beloved Friend B [F]:5 Beloved Friend A [F]:7 Linlea [B]:31 Zen [F]:31 Huggable D2 [F]:42 Eris [F]:44 Raijin IV-A [F]:45
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-A : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>] Mire[57](2)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar D : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Maria!
[OOC] Maria: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 122</span>/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +10% to SAs (U),Tech CoS -20 (3),[120]/LP spent (3)
TheTale: Oops, let me clean up that init.
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:0 Beloved Friend C [F]:3 Beloved Friend B [F]:5 Beloved Friend A [F]:7 Linlea [B]:31 Zen [F]:31 Huggable D2 [F]:42 Eris [F]:44 Raijin IV-A [F]:45
TheTale: And Charlotte, too!
Maria starts casting an Urgent Restore on herself. [CT 10]
Charlotte concetrantes again. [Recover, CT 25]
TheTale: Beloved Friend C rips into Zen!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 76 ( Total: 76 ) for 80/30
Zen has 5 Evasion because of gloves
TheTale: It's a miss!
TheTale: Beloved Friends B and A, well, they're mauling Zen too!
TheTale: You know…
TheTale:
TheTale: The name's a little innaccurate, isn't it?
[OOC] Zen: ?
[OOC] Eris: Well, they're D2's friends…
[OOC] Eris: Not ours.
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Beloved Friend B [F]:5 Beloved Friend A [F]:7 Charlotte [F]:15 Linlea [B]:21 Zen [F]:21 Huggable D2 [F]:32 Beloved Friend C [F]:33 Eris [F]:34 Raijin IV-A [F]:35
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-A : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>] Mire[57](2)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar D : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Maria!
TheTale: Oh, no.
TheTale: I don't like them either.
TheTale: Maria, now!
Maria casts regenerating energy on herself! [40D]
[OOC] Maria: HP: 302/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +10% to SAs (U),Tech CoS -20 (3),[120]/LP spent (3),Restore[180] (2)
TheTale: The Friends rip into Zen!
TheTale rolled 2d100 and got 14, 36 ( Total: 50 ) for 80/30
TheTale: A critical hit and a normal hit!
Zen punches the normal hit away [Repel] and blocks the critical [Withstand]
[OOC] Zen: Repel is powered to -50 so it's a miss, Withstand powered to take 1 damage
[OOC] TheTale: 1]!
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Linlea [B]:6 Zen [F]:6 Huggable D2 [F]:17 Beloved Friend C [F]:18 Eris [F]:19 Raijin IV-A [F]:20 Maria [F]:25 Beloved Friend B [F]:30 Beloved Friend A [F]:32
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](2)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-A : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>] Mire[57](2)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
[OOC] Zen: Oh also from the action I took
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar D : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Charlotte!
[OOC] Zen: Technical Footing
Charlotte 's shadow ripples. [Recover primed, 25 D]
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 550/550, MP: 143/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Blind (-20 technique CoS) (2),Luck Bane (120 w/LP spent) (2),Recover primed (U)
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Zen [F]:0 Huggable D2 [F]:11 Beloved Friend C [F]:12 Eris [F]:13 Raijin IV-A [F]:14 Maria [F]:19 Charlotte [F]:19 Beloved Friend B [F]:24 Beloved Friend A [F]:26
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1)
Linlea: "Who has an attack assist left?"
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-A : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>] Mire[57](2)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar D : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Linlea and Zen!
Maria: "Me, but I'm still half-blind
Linlea places an arrow in her bow before firing at Raijin IV. [Attack - Bring It [40D]]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 21 ( Total: 21 )
[OOC] Linlea: Level 3 right
[OOC] TheTale: Right!
TheTale: Zen takes 60, right?
Linlea rolled d12+140 and got 9 ( Total: 149.0 )
[OOC] Linlea: Yup
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Huggable D2 [F]:11 Beloved Friend C [F]:12 Eris [F]:13 Raijin IV-A [F]:14 Maria [F]:19 Charlotte [F]:19 Beloved Friend B [F]:24 Beloved Friend A [F]:26 Linlea [B]:40
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Raijin IV-A : [] Mire[57](1)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
Maria follows up with a strike of her own! [SA]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar D : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Zen!
TheTale: Oh! Maria! Go!
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 55 ( Total: 55 )
TheTale: Oh, it's a lovely hit!
Maria rolled d10+120,140% and got 1 ( Total: 169.39999999999998 )
Zen grabs Beloved Friend C by the neck, his movemed followed by a pink shine. He raises it up, and slams it on the ground so hard it bounces back to where it was "AND RECOVER" [And Recover, 47D]
[OOC] TheTale: 169]! It explodes!
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 38 ( Total: 38 ) for 80
[OOC] Maria: HP: 302/550, MP: 310/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +50% to SAs (U),Tech CoS -20 (2),[120]/LP spent (2),Restore[180] (2)
Zen rolled 1d8+165,80 and got 8 ( Total: 138.4 ) for Physical, Melee
Eris: "Huh."
[OOC] Zen: Magical Footing
Eris: "Your personality shifts a bit when you get serious, doesn't it…?"
[OOC] TheTale: 58]!
Zen steps back into formation [Refreshed - Withstand]
Zen: "Who?"
Eris: "You."
Zen also explodes for 60 damage on the back row
[OOC] Zen: HP: 350/700, MP: 488/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Special Guest (U),Miasma[60] (2)
Linlea takes boosted damage from bring it.
Zen: "A little bit"
TheTale: Huggable D2 gestures behind itself with a felt hand, gesturing to the D2 Pillar! It bursts forward and strikes Maria for 240 magical shadow damage!
TheTale: Huggable D2 begins charging [Pleasant Fog - CT10]!
[OOC] Maria: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 92</span>/550, MP: 310/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +50% to SAs (U),Tech CoS -20 (2),[120]/LP spent (2),Restore[180] (2)
[OOC] Zen: Okay wait, imoprtant question
TheTale: Restore dissipates!
[OOC] Zen: Does that have a CoS to hit?
[OOC] TheTale: Nope, just whallops straight up.
[OOC] Zen: Okay
[OOC] TheTale: Oh, or, do you mean the fog? the fog is cos 100.
[OOC] Zen: No I meant the D2 Pillar
[OOC] TheTale: OK!
TheTale: Huggable D2 points at Maria.
TheTale: Now Maria's the Special Guest(U)!
Maria: "…."
Charlotte snaps fingers, drops Recover on Maria.
Linlea: "I'll be sure to attend your funeral, princess."
Charlotte rolled 1d12+162 and got 9 ( Total: 171.0 )
Zen makes a noise "Okay"
[OOC] Maria: HP: 263/550, MP: 310/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +50% to SAs (U),Tech CoS -20 (2),[120]/LP spent (2)
TheTale: Beloved Friend C leaps atop Maria and begins mauling her. [CT10! Maria's delayed!]
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:6 Huggable D2 [F]:8 Beloved Friend C [F]:9 Maria [F]:10 Beloved Friend B [F]:11 Beloved Friend A [F]:13 Linlea [B]:27 Zen [F]:34
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar D : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Eris!
TheTale: Charlotte!
Linlea: "That guys barrier is going to be gone soon. Time to get serious!"
TheTale: "Yes!" Says the felt doll that looks suspiciously like Toriel.
TheTale: "Serious!"
Maria is fighting to keep the toy from maulling her. It looks like she's losing.
Eris: "Charlotte are you healing and I'm getting this…?"
Zen blinks, looks at the doll again, sighs and puts a hand to his face, of course
Charlotte: "Uh, probably."
Charlotte: "Running low on MP though."
Eris‘ sends a [Spark] to Maria, before smashing the stuffed animal in the face. [Divert] [60D]
Eris` rolled d12+120 and got 7 ( Total: 127 ) for hp, attack
d100: 67 [Total: 67]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 194
TheTale: It’s a hit!
Eris‘ rolled d12+160 and got 7 ( Total: 167 ) for If you attack the ame target with consecutive actions, they do -50% (4)
[OOC] Maria: HP: 390/550, MP: 310/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +50% to SAs (U),Tech CoS -20 (2),[120]/LP spent (2),Special Guest (U)
TheTale: Friend C, right?
[OOC] Eris: yeah
TheTale: Charlotte! [87] to C!
Charlotte concentrates yet again. [Recover, CT 25]
TheTale: Huggable D2 calls down a pleasant, cookie-scented fog on Zen and Eris!
TheTale: They’re Blind (4) and Luck Bane'd[120](4).
[OOC] Zen: Uuuugh, no :<
TheTale: Beloved Friend C bites into Maria a little - but not as much, because Eris saved her.
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 62 ( Total: 62 ) for 80/30
Zen jumps in front of Eris' blind, however! Only one needs to be blinded
TheTale rolled d8+129 and got 1 ( Total: 130.0 )
TheTale: Inflicting 130 physical damage to her!
[OOC] Maria: HP: 290/550, MP: 310/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +50% to SAs (U),Tech CoS -20 (2),[120]/LP spent (2),Special Guest (U)
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Beloved Friend B [F]:1 Beloved Friend A [F]:3 Linlea [B]:17 Charlotte [F]:21 Zen [F]:24 Huggable D2 [F]:28 Beloved Friend C [F]:39 Eris [F]:50
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>] Divert(3)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar D : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Maria!
Maria points at Beloved Friend A, charging it with energy. "Get that one first!" [Turning Point -> Pinata, 50D; Gain 100 HP when you damage it]
[OOC] Maria: HP: 290/550, MP: 250/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +50% to SAs (U),Tech CoS -20 (1),[120]/LP spent (1),Special Guest (U)
Eris: "So noted."
TheTale: Beloved Friends B and A begin charging [Fatal Rip] - CT10!
TheTale: They pounce and maul Maria!
TheTale rolled 2d100 and got 45, 79 ( Total: 124 ) for 80/30
Eris‘ swoops in and [Guards] the first hit
[OOC] Eris: Everyone Recovers 50 HP
TheTale rolled d8+216 and got 5 ( Total: 221.0 )
d8+216: 8 [Total: 224.0 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 445.0, Avg: 6.50
TheTale: Hitting for 221 and 224 physical damage!
[OOC] Maria: HP: 146/550, MP: 250/550, LP: 4/8, SoS: 137 - +50% to SAs (U),Tech CoS -20 (1),[120]/LP spent (1),Special Guest (U)
TheTale: It activates [Double Thrash], hitting for another 224 in 30D!
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Charlotte [F]:4 Zen [F]:7 Huggable D2 [F]:11 Beloved Friend C [F]:22 Double Thrash [224]:24 Maria [F]:33 Eris [F]:33 Beloved Friend B [F]:34 Beloved Friend A [F]:36
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Barrier[80](1)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>] Divert(3)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar D : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Linlea!
TheTale: Oh, and barriers end.
[OOC] Maria: -1 luck to dodge 2nd
TheTale: Ok, I’ll send the Double Thrash Eris's way instead.
TheTale: …Hm, I guess I wouldn't have known, would I?
TheTale: …Oh well.
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Charlotte [F]:4 Zen [F]:7 Huggable D2 [F]:11 Beloved Friend C [F]:22 Maria [F]:33 Eris [F]:33 Beloved Friend B [F]:34 Beloved Friend A [F]:36
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>] Divert(3)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar D : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Linlea!
[OOC] Maria: HP: 220/550, MP: 250/550, LP: 3/8, SoS: 137 - +50% to SAs (U),Tech CoS -20 (1),[120]/LP spent (1),Special Guest (U)
Linlea grins before loading up a coated arrow. "Seems like you missed, buddy. Jokes on you!" She fires at Beloved Friend A. [Atlas Buster - Show me what you Got, 60D]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 80 ( Total: 80 )
Linlea rolled d12*1.3+140*1.3 and got 7 ( Total: 191.1 )
[OOC] TheTale: 191]!
[OOC] Maria: +100 HP
[OOC] Linlea: 38 Bleed(4)
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Zen [F]:3 Huggable D2 [F]:7 Beloved Friend C [F]:18 Maria [F]:29 Eris [F]:29 Beloved Friend B [F]:30 Beloved Friend A [F]:32 Linlea [B]:56
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Bleed[38](4)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>] Divert(3)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar D : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Charlotte!
Charlotte 's shadow ripples. [Recover Primed, 25 D]
TheTale: Zen!
Zen suddenly vaults forward "Let's see how you like this!" flies through the air until he latches on to Beloved Friend A, driving his claws into it again and again! [Lunge, 47D]
Charlotte 's shadow taps Maria's. [Recover used]
Charlotte rolled 1d12+162 and got 12 ( Total: 174.0 ) for healing
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 550/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Blind (-20 technique CoS) (1),Luck Bane (120 w/LP spent) (1)
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 22 ( Total: 22 ) for 60
TheTale: It's a hit!
[OOC] Maria: +100 HP
Zen rolled 1d8+110 and got 2 ( Total: 112 ) for Physical, Melee, CQC(2) - Inflict -20% on non-Zen front row targets
Zen also spreads some Miasma [60] in the front row but
[OOC] Zen: HP: 500/700, MP: 428/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Special Guest (U),Miasma[60] (1),Blind [-20] (),Luck Bane [120] ()
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 20] HP: 550/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Blind (-20 technique CoS) (1),Luck Bane (120 w/LP spent) (1)
TheTale: Huggable D2 calls down a [Pillar of D2] on Maria for 240 magical shadow damage!
TheTale: It begins casting [Miasma - CT15]!
[OOC] Maria: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 124</span>/550, MP: 250/550, LP: 3/8, SoS: 137 - +50% to SAs (U),Tech CoS -20 (1),[120]/LP spent (1),Special Guest (U)
TheTale: Beloved Friend C dashes forward, spinning like a buzzsaw as it rips into the front row!
TheTale rolled 4d100 and got 93, 60, 52, 38 ( Total: 243 ) for 80 each Eris Charlotte Zen 80/30 Maria
TheTale rolled d8+54 and got 8 ( Total: 62.0 )
d8*0.5+108*0.5: 4 [Total: 56.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 118.0, Avg: 6.00
TheTale: Inflicting 62 physical damage to Charlotte and Zen, and 56 physical damage to Maria!
[OOC] Maria: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 98</span>/550, MP: 250/550, LP: 3/8, SoS: 137 - +50% to SAs (U),Tech CoS -20 (1),[120]/LP spent (1),Special Guest (U)
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 508/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Blind (-20 technique CoS) (1),Luck Bane (120 w/LP spent) (1)
[OOC] Zen: HP: 468/700, MP: 428/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Special Guest (U),Miasma[60] (1),Blind [-20] (3),Luck Bane [120] (3)
TheTale: Huggable D2 casts Miasma[60] on Eris and Charlotte!
Eris: "So…"
Eris: "The real question is…"
Eris: "Do you have enough MP for the cleanse?"
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Maria [F]:4 Eris [F]:4 Beloved Friend B [F]:5 Beloved Friend A [F]:7 Zen [F]:25 Linlea [B]:31 Huggable D2 [F]:32 Beloved Friend C [F]:33
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Bleed[38](4) CQC(2)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>] Divert(3)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar D : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Charlotte!
Charlotte: "…Barely?"
Charlotte eats the Miasma for Eris! [G.A]
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 508/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Blind (-20 technique CoS) (1),Luck Bane (120 w/LP spent) (1),Miasma (60 damage to row) (4)
Zen: "Do we have people to cover Maria or is going down?"
[OOC] Zen: Direct Footing
[OOC] Zen: Btw since I keep forgotten to cycle it but I just did
Eris: "If she moves behind you, you can cover her I think?"
Zen: "I was going to mention"
Zen: "It… It might no be enough, though"
Eris: "Well, we'll see."
Charlotte slashes at Friend A! [60 D]
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 ) for 65
Maria just concentrates on the magical aura surrounding the friend. [+100 HP!]
Charlotte rolled 1d12+135 and got 1 ( Total: 136.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 136]! Eris! Maria!
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 508/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Blind (-20 technique CoS) (0),Luck Bane (120 w/LP spent) (0),Miasma (60 damage to row) (3)
Eris‘ rushes forward, slamming her hammer into Friend A’s face. [Divert] [60D]
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 550/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137 - Blind (-20 technique CoS) (0),Luck Bane (120 w/LP spent) (0),Miasma (60 damage to row) (3)
Eris‘ rolled d100 and got 64 ( Total: 64 )
[OOC] Charlotte: Also 60 damage to the front row…
Eris` rolled d12+160 and got 3 ( Total: 163 ) for -50% to consecutive attacks (4)
TheTale: Maria!
[OOC] Maria: A is still not dead???
[OOC] Eris: ps I gave you 77 damage Zen
Maria strikes at A! [Executing Pinata, everyone but Maria regains their S.A.]
[OOC] Zen: HP: 331/700, MP: 428/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Special Guest (U),Miasma[60] (1),Blind [-20] (3),Luck Bane [120] (3)
[OOC] Zen: Try to capitalize Zen because it won’t highlight otherwise and it's been close to five hours
[OOC] Zen: HP: 331/700, MP: 428/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Miasma[60] (1),Blind [-20] (3),Luck Bane [120] (3)
TheTale: Yup, A's hanging in there. Over 1k HP.
[OOC] Zen: Also oops
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 37 ( Total: 37 ) for 60 CoS
TheTale: It's a hit!
Maria rolled d10+120 and got 1 ( Total: 121 )
Charlotte waves and Maria's shadow strikes again! [Umbral Slash, S.A]
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 10 ( Total: 10 ) for 85
TheTale: It's a hit!
[OOC] Charlotte: -1 LP to crit
Charlotte rolled 1d12+135,250 and got 3 ( Total: 345.0 ) for also shadow damage from Cascade!
Also rolled 1d12+162 and got 1 [Total: 163]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 508.0
[OOC] TheTale: 345] [163]!
TheTale: Maria!
[OOC] Charlotte: also -15 delay to Charlotte
Maria then strikes at Friend A again! [Forward Strike, 50D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 10 ( Total: 10 ) for 60 CoS
Eris‘ darts forward, following up the attack! [Assist]
Maria rolled d10+120,200% and got 3 ( Total: 246.0 ) for +20 (+70%) and gain 80 HP
[OOC] Eris: well, assuming it lives
TheTale: It’s alive, but in SoS!
Eris‘ smash
Eris` rolled d100 and got 20 ( Total: 20 )
Eris` rolled d12+160,170% and got 7 ( Total: 283.9 )
[OOC] TheTale: 283]!
TheTale: It’s hanging on with a sliver!
[OOC] Maria: HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 38</span>/550, MP: 250/550, LP: 3/8, SoS: 137 - +50% to SAs (U),Tech CoS -20 (0),[120]/LP spent (0),Special Guest (U)
TheTale: Beloved Friend B rears up to pounce on Maria… [CT10]!
Eris: "Oh come on."
TheTale: Beloved Friend A waits politely. [15D]
TheTale: Beloved Friend B lunges for Maria!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 84 ( Total: 84 ) for 80/30
TheTale: …Oh!
TheTale: Is that..
TheTale: "A Miracle" ?
Eris‘ exhales.
TheTale: Beloved Friend A bites Maria.
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 60 ( Total: 60 ) for 80/30
TheTale rolled d8*0.8+108*0.8 and got 4 ( Total: 89.60000000000001 )
TheTale: For 89 physical damage!
[OOC] Eris: ahem
[OOC] Zen: Does anyone have a guard assist?
[OOC] Eris: -50%!
[OOC] Zen: Or, yes, Divert
[OOC] TheTale: It ’Waited' with its last action.
[OOC] Eris: actually it - yeah
[OOC] Zen: That monster is intelligent I say
TheTale: He's a good boy.
Maria dodges. [-3 luck]
[OOC] Maria: HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 38</span>/550, MP: 250/550, LP: 0/8, SoS: 137 - +50% to SAs (U),Special Guest (U)
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Linlea [B]:6 Huggable D2 [F]:7 Beloved Friend C [F]:8 Charlotte [F]:20 Maria [F]:29 Beloved Friend B [F]:30 Beloved Friend A [F]:37 Eris [F]:39
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [] Wound[38](2) Divert(2)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>] Divert(3)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar D : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Zen!
Linlea: "I can gib that."
Zen cracks his knuckles, jumps out of the toy's face "If you say so" he then looks at Beloved Friend C, kicks it straight in the face, jumps at it and drives his claws into it before stepping back and standing in front of Maria [Covering Strike, 45D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 18 ( Total: 18 ) for 60
TheTale: It's a hit!
Zen rolled 1d8+90 and got 7 ( Total: 97 ) for Physical Melee
Zen also deals [60] to the front row
[OOC] Zen: HP: 331/700, MP: 428/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Miasma[60] (0),Blind [-20] (2),Luck Bane [120] (2)
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 490/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 137 - Miasma (60 damage to row) (3)
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Huggable D2 [F]:1 Beloved Friend C [F]:2 Charlotte [F]:14 Maria [F]:23 Beloved Friend B [F]:24 Beloved Friend A [F]:31 Eris [F]:33 Zen [F]:39
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend A : [] Wound[38](2) Divert(2)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>] Divert(3)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar D : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Linlea!
Linlea fires an arrow at Beloved Friend C. [Attack Assist]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
[OOC] Linlea: -1 LP
TheTale: Strikes true!
Linlea rolled d12*2+140*2 and got 12 ( Total: 304.0 )
[OOC] Maria: HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 0</span>/550, MP: 250/550, LP: 0/8, SoS: 137
TheTale: Linlea!
Linlea then follows up with two more arrows and Beloved Friend A and C. [Run Wild - 70D]
[OOC] Charlotte: +50%
Linlea rolled 2d100 and got 72, 44 ( Total: 116 )
Maria collapses.
Zen winces
Zen: "Dammit"
[OOC] Linlea: Oh right +50% on that
Eris: "Hm. Bothersome."
TheTale: What's another [76] between friends?
[OOC] Linlea: So 380
Linlea rolled d12+140 and got 4 ( Total: 144.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 144] [144]! A perishes!
TheTale: Huggable D2 flops around a little, waiting.
TheTale: With Maria fallen, the area seems… a little grimmer.
[OOC] TheTale: No Escape - Lose HP and MP while escaping! Friends do +30% damage!
Eris: "Hahah."
TheTale: Beloved Friend C runs up to Maria and…
TheTale: Urk, I'd just look away.
TheTale: Gnash gnash…
TheTale: Chomp chomp…
TheTale: Whirrr….
TheTale: Beloved Friend recovers +80 HP, +3 MP, and will deal increased damage! Maria's max HP reduced by -50 until she receives medical attention!
[OOC] Maria: I hope you're happy, Zen.
Eris: "…Hrm…"
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Huggable D2 [F]:2 Maria [F]:9 Beloved Friend B [F]:10 Beloved Friend C [F]:13 Beloved Friend A [F]:17 Eris [F]:19 Zen [F]:25 Linlea [B]:56
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">==== </span>] Less Hungry I(U) Divert(2)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar D : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Charlotte!
[OOC] Zen: Let's do an HP call
[OOC] Eris: HP: 418/600, MP: 430/600, LP: 2/6, SoS: 150
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 490/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 137 - Miasma (60 damage to row) (3)
[OOC] Maria: HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 0</span>/500, MP: 250/550, LP: 0/8, SoS: 125 - +60% to SAs (U)
[OOC] Zen: HP: 331/700, MP: 428/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Blind [-20] (2),Luck Bane [120] (2)
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 400/600, MP: 270/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - +40% damage (U)
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 400/600, MP: 220/500, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - +40% damage (U)
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 400/600, MP: 220/500, LP: 5/8, SoS: 150 - +40% damage (U)
[OOC] Eris: HP: 418/600, MP: 430/600, LP: 2/6, SoS: 150
Charlotte slashes C while it's pulling back! [Backstab, 60D]
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 58 ( Total: 58 ) for 85
Charlotte rolled 1d12+175 and got 8 ( Total: 183.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 183]!
[OOC] Charlotte: 60 damage to Eris and Zen…
TheTale: Huggable D2 calls down a [D2 Pillar] on Zen, hitting him for 240 magical Shadow damage!
TheTale: She points at him. He's the Special Guest again!
TheTale: She begins charging Miasma - CT15!
Zen punches the pillar, making it detonate early [Withstand]
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 430/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 137 - Miasma (60 damage to row) (3)
[OOC] Zen: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 171</span>/700, MP: 428/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Blind [-20] (2),Luck Bane [120] (2)
[OOC] Zen: Wait something happened
[OOC] Zen: HP: 231/700, MP: 428/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Blind [-20] (2),Luck Bane [120] (2)
[OOC] Zen: I accidentally clicked damage before taking this hit, oops
TheTale: Battle order: Beloved Friend B [F]:0 Beloved Friend C [F]:3 Huggable D2 [F]:7 Beloved Friend A [F]:7 Eris [F]:9 Zen [F]:15 Maria [F]:39 Linlea [B]:46 Charlotte [F]:50
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">=== </span>] Less Hungry I(U) Divert(2)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar D : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Beloved Friends B and C rear up and pounce Zen!
TheTale: Huggable D2 calls down Miasma[60] on Zen and Eris!
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Beloved Friend B [F]:1 Beloved Friend C [F]:4 Zen [F]:6 Maria [F]:30 Huggable D2 [F]:33 Linlea [B]:37 Charlotte [F]:41
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">=== </span>] Less Hungry I(U) Divert(2)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar D : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Eris!
Eris: "Oh,"
TheTale: You might want to knock those Friends off of Zen.
Eris: "Huzzah for charged abilities."
Zen: "This might hurt"
Eris‘ rushes up to Friend C, smashing her hammer into its head. [Hot Rebuke] [60D]
Eris` rolled d100 and got 27 ( Total: 27 )
Eris` rolled d12+240 and got 6 ( Total: 246 )
[OOC] TheTale: 246]!
Eris: "Assist if you got ’em."
[OOC] Eris: Also 60 to front row :(
Linlea: "Used mine to hit our beloved friend here earlier."
Zen is already in melee range, he just drives his claws on the guy already on his face [S.A.]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 ) for 60
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 370/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 137 - Miasma (60 damage to row) (3)
Zen rolled 1d8+110 and got 8 ( Total: 118 )
TheTale: Friends B and C rip into Zen!
TheTale rolled 2d100 and got 77, 78 ( Total: 155 ) for 80/30
[OOC] Linlea: EVASION I
[OOC] Linlea: EVASION I
[OOC] Linlea: EVASION I
[OOC] Linlea: EVASION I
TheTale: He squirms out of both!
Zen punches both of them out of him "Raaah!"
Zen: "This is aggravating!"
Eris: "No doubt."
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Maria [F]:24 Huggable D2 [F]:27 Linlea [B]:31 Charlotte [F]:35 Beloved Friend B [F]:35 Beloved Friend C [F]:38 Eris [F]:54
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">= </span>] Less Hungry I(U) Divert(1)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar D : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Zen!
Eris: "Linlea, you got that right?"
Linlea: "In theory."
Zen takes a deep breath and takes a step back [Preparation, 30D]
Zen also deals [60] Miasma damage to the back row
[OOC] Zen: HP: 231/700, MP: 428/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Special Guest (U),Miasma[60] (3),Blind [-20] (1),Luck Bane [120] (1)
TheTale: Huggable D2 points to Charlotte and hits her with a pillar for 240 magical shadow damage! She's the Special Guest (U)!
Charlotte: "Oh fuck me."
[OOC] Maria: language!
[OOC] Charlotte: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 130</span>/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 137 - Miasma (60 damage to row) (3)
TheTale: Huggable D2 begins casting [Miasma - CT15]!
Eris: "Haha."
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Linlea [B]:1 Charlotte [F]:5 Beloved Friend B [F]:5 Beloved Friend C [F]:8 Huggable D2 [F]:12 Eris [F]:24 Maria [F]:34
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">= </span>] Less Hungry I(U) Divert(1)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Zen!
Zen furrows his brows, he jumps ahead, pulls Charlotte behind him in the process and barrells right into the D2 Pillar E! [Covering Strike, 45D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 38 ( Total: 38 ) for 60
TheTale: It's a hit!
Zen rolled 1d8+90,60 and got 1 ( Total: 54.6 ) for Physical, Melee, back rw to back row, Covering Charlotte
[OOC] TheTale: 54]!
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Charlotte [F]:4 Beloved Friend B [F]:4 Beloved Friend C [F]:7 Huggable D2 [F]:11 Eris [F]:23 Maria [F]:33 Zen [F]:44
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">= </span>] Less Hungry I(U) Divert(1)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Linlea!
TheTale: Also, 60 miasma to Linlea, right?
[OOC] Zen: Yes
[OOC] Zen: HP: 231/700, MP: 428/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Special Guest (U),Miasma[60] (2),Blind [-20] (0),Luck Bane [120] (0)
Linlea loads up two more arrows before firing at B/C! [Run Wild - 50D | Bring It]
Linlea rolled 2d100 and got 12, 71 ( Total: 83 )
[OOC] Linlea: -2 luck to crit B
Linlea rolled d12+140 and got 6 ( Total: 146.0 )
d12*2+140*2: 7 [Total: 294.0 (High), Avg: 7.00]
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 250/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 137 - Miasma (60 damage to row) (3),Special Guest (U)
Total: 440.0, Avg: 6.50
[OOC] TheTale: 294] [146]!
Linlea: "Let them have it, Char."
TheTale: Hanging on by a sliver.
TheTale: Charlotte!
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Beloved Friend B [F]:0 Beloved Friend C [F]:3 Huggable D2 [F]:7 Eris [F]:19 Maria [F]:29 Zen [F]:40 Linlea [B]:46
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend C : [] Less Hungry I(U) Divert(1)
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
Charlotte slashes her scythe, shadows ripping out at B, C, and E! [Scatter Rave, 60D]
Charlotte rolled 3d100 and got 72, 16, 99 ( Total: 187 ) for 85
TheTale: Hits everything but the pillar!
TheTale: Beloved Friend C gives up the ghost!
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 40 ( Total: 40 ) for also d2?
TheTale: It's a hit!
Charlotte rolled 1d12+135 and got 2 ( Total: 137.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 137] [137] [137]!
[OOC] Charlotte: and 60 damage to Eris
TheTale: Beloved Friend B bites Charlotte!
Charlotte triggers Phase 2!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 ) for 80/30
TheTale rolled d8*2.3+108*2.3 and got 6 ( Total: 262.2 )
TheTale: Biting for 262 physical damage!
[OOC] Charlotte: …that'll drop me
TheTale: I think Zen picks up the damage from it, actually?
[OOC] Zen: Yes i'm covering you
[OOC] Charlotte: Oh. Good job then
[OOC] Zen: So no crit!
[OOC] TheTale: Target redirection or damage redirection~?
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 250/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 137 - Miasma (60 damage to row) (2),Special Guest (U),Phase Two (U)
[OOC] Zen: It says target redirection
TheTale: Oh, okay!
TheTale rolled d8*1.1+108*1.1 and got 4 ( Total: 123.20000000000002 ) for Having both a Knight and a Mediator around can be confusing.
TheTale: Hitting Zen for 123 physical damage!
TheTale: Hey Eris, do you have Miasma right now?
[OOC] Zen: Okay, wait. I did not know that the specific wording between damage/target redirection wasi mportant
[OOC] Ezekiel: HP: 358/600, MP: 380/600, LP: 2/6, SoS: 150 - Miasma[60] (3)
[OOC] Zen: So I write target redirection on my sheet, but the ability is actually Damage redirection
[OOC] TheTale: Oh! Then you eat crit damage.
[OOC] Zen: So it means I take the actual 262, by which I mean 100
[OOC] TheTale: Sounds good. <3
[OOC] Zen: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 131</span>/700, MP: 428/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Miasma[60] (2)
TheTale: Huggable D2 refreshes Miasma[60](4) on Zen and Linlea!
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Maria [F]:10 Zen [F]:21 Beloved Friend B [F]:21 Huggable D2 [F]:23 Linlea [B]:27 Charlotte [F]:41
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">================== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Eris!
Ezekiel: "Mmm."
Ezekiel: "Okay one of two options here, Zen."
[OOC] Ezekiel: oop
Zen: "That's more options than i'm seeing at the moment, what's your idea?"
Eris: "One: I can divert the thing and you keep covering for whomever."
Eris: "Two: I can start in on D2 herself and get myself some sustained barrier generation going."
Eris: "Preference?"
Zen: "I'm not going to last much longer, I think I prefer your barrier"
Eris‘ gestures towards D2, ensnaring her with a silver thread. [Fated Match], before charging in and… hitting both her and the stuffed animel, actually. [Supercollision. [70D]
Eris` rolled 2d100 and got 24, 76 ( Total: 100 ) for 65(?)/80
Eris` rolled d12+160,120% and got 5 ( Total: 198.0 ) for D2, Snarler
d12+160: 12 [Total: 172]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 370.0
[OOC] TheTale: 198] [172]! Fated(4), right?
[OOC] Eris: Front Row Takes 60
[OOC] Eris: Fated Forever
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Beloved Friend B [F]:0 Huggable D2 [F]:2 Linlea [B]:6 Charlotte [F]:20 Maria [F]:29 Eris [F]:49
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">================ </span>] Fated(U)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">====== </span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Zen!
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 190/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 137 - Miasma (60 damage to row) (2),Special Guest (U),Phase Two (U)
Zen takes a deep breath, considers, makes a noise. "I hate those sorts of decisions" he runs towards the Beloved Friend, his armor glowing with blue lines [Yield Not, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 ) for 80
Eris: "Don’t we all."
Zen rolled 1d8+110,80 and got 3 ( Total: 90.4 ) for Physical, Melee
[OOC] TheTale: 90]!
[OOC] Zen: Technical Footing
Zen dleas 60 to the back row
[OOC] Zen: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 131</span>/700, MP: 428/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Miasma[60] (1)
TheTale: Beloved Friend B bites Charlotte!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 50 ( Total: 50 ) for 80/30
TheTale rolled d8*1.3+108*1.3 and got 8 ( Total: 150.8 )
TheTale: Hitting her for 150 physical damage!
[OOC] Charlotte: HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 40</span>/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 137 - Miasma (60 damage to row) (2),Special Guest (U),Phase Two (U)
Linlea frowns at Zen. She's starting to feel those explosions.
Zen roars and punches the ground, a large violet barrier appears before the whole party [Impact Guard, 3/5ths defense factor to the party]
TheTale: Damage from the bite was reduced!
[OOC] Charlotte: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 100</span>/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 137 - Miasma (60 damage to row) (2),Special Guest (U),Phase Two (U)
Eris: "I know I've given you a lot of grief these last two days, Zen,"
TheTale: Huggable D2 calls down the final [D2 Pillar] on Charlotte for 186 magical shadow damage!
Eris: "But I'm glad you're here."
[OOC] Charlotte: …do we have any GA's left?
TheTale: Oh… damage is reduced by Fated Match, right? How much?
[OOC] Zen: Used mine already, argh
[OOC] Eris: naw it just gets bonuses if it hits me, no penalty to looking away
[OOC] TheTale: Oh, OK
[OOC] Eris: To note: I take +20% from D2, and if D2 hits me, I deal -20% to other tagrtes
[OOC] Eris: anyway rein polietly ask for a magic too hit roll
[OOC] Eris: and pray it's 71+
[OOC] Charlotte: Uh, pls roll CoS?
TheTale: Nope! It just hits.
[OOC] Eris: ok ur ded
TheTale: Huggable D2 waits!
[OOC] Charlotte: no cleanse for you guys unless you raise me
[OOC] Charlotte: HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 0</span>/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 137 - Miasma (60 damage to row) (2),Special Guest (U),Phase Two (U)
Charlotte …drops
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Huggable D2 [F]:11 Charlotte [F]:14 Maria [F]:23 Beloved Friend B [F]:34 Zen [F]:41 Eris [F]:43
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">================ </span>] Fated(U)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Status for D2 Pillar E : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Linlea!
[OOC] Charlotte: HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 0</span>/550, MP: 83/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 137 - Phase Two (U)
TheTale: Oh, pillar's gone, of course.
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Huggable D2 [F]:11 Charlotte [F]:14 Maria [F]:23 Beloved Friend B [F]:34 Zen [F]:41 Eris [F]:43
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">================ </span>] Fated(U)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>]
Eris: "This is going to be close either way it falls, D2."
TheTale: "I'm trying my best!" says Huggable D2.
Linlea pulls back her bow before firing a shot at Beloved Friend B. [Attack - Try and Stop Me | 60D]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 77 ( Total: 77 )
Linlea rolled 1d12*1.3+140*1.3 and got 7 ( Total: 191.1 )
[OOC] TheTale: 191]!
TheTale: Beloved Friend B feeds from Charlotte - [+80 HP, +3 MP, Less Hungry!] Charlotte loses 50 Max HP!
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Huggable D2 [F]:0 Eris [F]:2 Charlotte [F]:13 Beloved Friend B [F]:18 Linlea [B]:19 Maria [F]:22
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">================ </span>] Fated(U)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">===== </span>] Less Hungry I(U)
TheTale: Zen!
Zen suddenly rushes at Friend B, grabs it by the neck, tosses it up, a pink trail of energy behind him. He jumps up and slams it down "AND RECOVER!" [And Recover, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 73 ( Total: 73 )
Zen rolled 1d8+165,80 and got 6 ( Total: 136.8 ) for Physical, Melee
[OOC] TheTale: 136]!
Zen lands back down as the miasma does it's [60] damage one last time and he recovers [Withstand]
[OOC] Zen: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 131</span>/700, MP: 550/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - Miasma[60] (0)
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:11 Beloved Friend B [F]:16 Linlea [B]:17 Maria [F]:20 Zen [F]:45 Huggable D2 [F]:45
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">================ </span>] Fated(U)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">==== </span>] Less Hungry I(U)
TheTale: Eris!
Eris: "…What did you do?"
Eris‘ blinks a few times.
Zen: "What?"
Eris: "D2."
Eris: "Eh, whatever."
TheTale: Oh.
TheTale: It’s just waiting around!
Linlea: "Eris."
Eris‘ spins around, slamming her hammer into Friend B. [Hot Rebuke] [60D]
Linlea: "Use the Nerf Gun!"
Eris` rolled d100 and got 37 ( Total: 37 )
Eris` rolled d12+240 and got 1 ( Total: 241 )
Eris: "…Huh?"
[OOC] TheTale: 241]!
[OOC] Eris: 60 to the Front… which is just me
TheTale: Beloved Friend B feeds more and more! [+80 HP, +3 MP, Even Less Hungry!] Charlotte loses 50 Max HP!
Eris: "Wait… they can feed on the same person multiple times?!"
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Maria [F]:3 Beloved Friend B [F]:24 Zen [F]:28 Huggable D2 [F]:28 Charlotte [F]:34 Eris [F]:43
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">================ </span>] Fated(U)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">=== </span>] Less Hungry I(U)
TheTale: Linlea!
Linlea takes a deep breath before firing a shot at Beloved Friend B. [Atlas Buster - 60D]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 24 ( Total: 24 )
[OOC] Linlea: -3 Luck
Linlea rolled d12*2+140*2 and got 9 ( Total: 298.0 )
[OOC] Linlea: Bleed 59
[OOC] TheTale: 298]!
TheTale: It’s still feeding! [-50 Max HP, Charlotte!]
Eris: "Augh."
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Huggable D2 [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:6 Maria [F]:15 Eris [F]:15 Beloved Friend B [F]:21 Linlea [B]:32
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">================ </span>] Fated(U)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>] Less Hungry II(U) Wound[59](4)
TheTale: Zen!
Zen vaults forward "GThis is too much, get off of her!" he drives his claws deep into it, tearing it apart! [Lunge, 40D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 23 ( Total: 23 ) for 80
Zen rolled 1d8+90 and got 5 ( Total: 95 ) for Physical, Melee, CQC(2)
[OOC] Zen: Also moved to front row
TheTale: D2 gently thwaps Eris with a felt limb.
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 )
TheTale rolled d8+54 and got 7 ( Total: 61.0 )
TheTale: Inflicting 61 physical damage.
Eris: "You know. Somehow, it's even more irritating that you waited until just now to do that, than if you had one it earlier."
TheTale: Eris is the new Special Guest!
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Beloved Friend B [F]:6 Linlea [B]:17 Zen [F]:25 Huggable D2 [F]:25 Charlotte [F]:31 Maria [F]:40
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">================ </span>] Fated(U)
TheTale: Status for Beloved Friend B : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">= </span>] Less Hungry III(U) Wound[59](4) CQC(2)
TheTale: Eris!
Eris‘ grumbles, before smashing the Friend’s head in. [Hot Rebuke] [60D]
Eris‘ rolled d100 and got 2 ( Total: 2 )
[OOC] Eris: -1LP
Eris` rolled d12+240,180% and got 3 ( Total: 437.40000000000003 )
[OOC] TheTale: 437]! It’s defeated!
[OOC] Eris: 60 Miasma Tick For Zen
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Zen [F]:8 Huggable D2 [F]:8 Charlotte [F]:14 Maria [F]:23 Eris [F]:43
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">================ </span>] Fated(U)
TheTale: Linlea!
[OOC] Zen: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 71</span>/700, MP: 550/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175
[OOC] Charlotte: HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 0</span>/400, MP: 83/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 100 - Phase Two (U)
Linlea fires another Atlas Buster this time at Huggable D2. [Atlas Buster - 60D]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 41 ( Total: 41 )
TheTale: Hits!
Linlea rolled d12+140 and got 2 ( Total: 142.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 142]!
[OOC] Linlea: Bleed 28
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Huggable D2 [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:6 Maria [F]:15 Eris [F]:35 Linlea [B]:52
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=============== </span>] Fated(U) Wound[28](4)
TheTale: Zen!
Zen then full force shoulder tackles Huggable D2, his armor shining with radiant blue lines [Yield Not, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 53 ( Total: 53 ) for 80
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 220/600, MP: 10/500, LP: 0/8, SoS: 150 - +120% damage (U)
Zen rolled 1d8+110 and got 6 ( Total: 116 ) for Physical, Melee
[OOC] TheTale: 116]!
TheTale: Huggable D2 bops Eris again.
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 )
TheTale rolled d8*1.2+54*1.2 and got 8 ( Total: 74.39999999999999 ) for Wait is this boosted by fated match?
TheTale: If so, 74 physical damage!
[OOC] Eris: yup!
[OOC] Eris: HP: 316/600, MP: 280/600, LP: 1/6, SoS: 150 - Miasma[60] (1),Fated@D2 ()
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Huggable D2 [F]:5 Charlotte [F]:11 Zen [F]:12 Linlea [B]:17 Maria [F]:20
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">=============== </span>] Fated(U) Wound[28](4)
TheTale: Eris!
[OOC] Eris: is D2 above 75%
TheTale: Yup!
[OOC] Eris: laughtrack.wav
TheTale: Oh wait actually no not quite, by like, 100 damage, but go on and Quarter Draw anyway.
TheTale: It's on the house!
Eris‘ winds up before laying into D2. [Quarter Draw] [60D]
Eris` rolled d12+208,120% and got 2 ( Total: 252.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 252]!
Eris` exhales, as energy mist moves from herself to Zen. [Exhaust Shine]
[OOC] Zen: Wait you had one last Shine in you?
[OOC] Eris: +100 HP] [+20% DMG (4)
[OOC] Eris: Take 60 From my final miasma tick
Zen: "You were keeping that one"
[OOC] Zen: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 111</span>/700, MP: 470/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - E-Shine (4)
[OOC] TheTale: Don’t forget Empty Stance!
TheTale: Huggable D2 bops Eris on the head again.
[OOC] Eris: I haven't been! I'm jsut eating it myself for now.
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 64 ( Total: 64 )
TheTale rolled d8*1.2+54*1.2 and got 5 ( Total: 70.8 )
TheTale: For 70 physical damage!
Eris‘ has heavy armor and is generating barriers when bopping D2.
[OOC] Eris: [THP: 20] HP: 294/600, MP: 280/600, LP: 1/6, SoS: 150 - Fated@D2 ()
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Maria [F]:3 Huggable D2 [F]:28 Charlotte [F]:34 Zen [F]:35 Eris [F]:43
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">============= </span>] Fated(U) Wound[28](3)
TheTale: Linlea!
Linlea holds on to that last quick for now. She just fires an arrow at D2. [Attack - 60D]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 40 ( Total: 40 )
TheTale: It hits!
Linlea rolled d12+140 and got 10 ( Total: 150.0 ) for +28
[OOC] TheTale: 150]!
[OOC] TheTale: 28]!
TheTale: Huggable D2 bops Zen on the head.
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
TheTale rolled d8+54 and got 8 ( Total: 62.0 )
Zen barely even feels it [Undaunted]
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 220/600, MP: 10/500, LP: 0/8, SoS: 150 - +120% damage (U)
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Maria [F]:8 Eris [F]:8 Linlea [B]:25 Huggable D2 [F]:33 Charlotte [F]:39
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">============ </span>] Fated(U) Wound[28](2)
TheTale: Zen!
[OOC] Zen: [THP: 160] HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 79</span>/700, MP: 470/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - E-Shine (4)
Zen runs up at Huggable D2 and slashes at him with his claws for a good while before he spins around and delivers two spinning kicks [Iron Weave, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 19 ( Total: 19 ) for 30/80
Zen rolled 1d8+110 and got 6 ( Total: 116 ) for Physical Melee
Zen bats Huggable D2 away finally and recovers his [Undaunted]
[OOC] TheTale: 116]!
[OOC] Zen: Oopa, again
[OOC] Eris: +20% jules
TheTale: Eris!
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Linlea [B]:17 Huggable D2 [F]:25 Charlotte [F]:31 Zen [F]:39 Maria [F]:40
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">============ </span>] Fated(U) Wound[28](2)
[OOC] Zen: 139!
TheTale: Another [23]!
Maria is still dead.
Eris` pauses, shrugs, smashes D2. [60D]
Eris` rolled d100 and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
Eris` rolled d12+160,120% and got 5 ( Total: 198.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 198]!
TheTale: Linlea!
Linlea fires another arrow!
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 52 ( Total: 52 )
Linlea rolled d12+140 and got 2 ( Total: 142.0 ) for +28
[OOC] TheTale: 142]!
TheTale: Huggable D2 bops Linlea on the head.
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 )
TheTale: But misses!
Linlea ducks.
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 220/600, MP: 10/500, LP: 0/8, SoS: 150 - +120% damage (U)
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Maria [F]:1 Eris [F]:21 Huggable D2 [F]:26 Charlotte [F]:32 Linlea [B]:38
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #008000;">========== </span>] Fated(U) Wound[28](1)
TheTale: Zen!
Eris: "So this is going to."
Eris: "Take a while."
Eris: "But the fight’s ours…?"
TheTale: "I believe in myself!" says Huggable D2.
Eris: "Fair enough."
Zen continues to batter away with [Iron Weave, 47D] "You're annoyingly persistent"
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 24 ( Total: 24 ) for 30/80
Zen rolled 1d8+110 and got 8 ( Total: 118 ) for Physical Melee, refresh [Impact Guard]
[OOC] Zen: 141!
[OOC] Zen: Again I forget
[OOC] Zen: [THP: 160] HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 79</span>/700, MP: 470/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - E-Shine (2)
TheTale: Eris!
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Huggable D2 [F]:5 Charlotte [F]:11 Linlea [B]:17 Maria [F]:20 Zen [F]:26
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">========== </span>] Fated(U) Wound[28](1)
Eris‘ smash! [60D]
Eris` rolled d100 and got 20 ( Total: 20 )
Eris` rolled d12+160,120% and got 7 ( Total: 200.4 )
[OOC] TheTale: 200]!
TheTale: Battle order: Huggable D2 [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:6 Linlea [B]:12 Maria [F]:15 Zen [F]:21 Eris [F]:55
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">======== </span>] Fated(U) Wound[28](1)
TheTale: Huggable D2 bops Linlea on the head!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 )
TheTale: Damage boost?
Linlea: +120%
TheTale rolled d8*2+54*2 and got 7 ( Total: 122.0 )
TheTale: Bop for 122 physical damage!
[OOC] Linlea: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 98</span>/600, MP: 10/500, LP: 0/8, SoS: 150
Zen hits his fist on the ground, and a violet bubble appears around Linlea [Undaunted, +80 THP]
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Maria [F]:3 Zen [F]:9 Huggable D2 [F]:28 Charlotte [F]:34 Eris [F]:43
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">======== </span>] Fated(U) Wound[28](1)
TheTale: Linlea!
[OOC] Linlea: [SHP: 80] HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 98</span>/600, MP: 10/500, LP: 0/8, SoS: 150
Linlea fires another arrow. [Attack - 60D]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 )
Linlea rolled d12+140 and got 1 ( Total: 141.0 ) for bleed
[OOC] TheTale: 141]!
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Huggable D2 [F]:19 Charlotte [F]:25 Maria [F]:34 Eris [F]:34 Linlea [B]:51
TheTale: Status for Huggable D2 : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">======== </span>] Fated(U) Wound[28](1)
TheTale: Zen!
Zen continues his relentless assault! [Iron Weave, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 40 ( Total: 40 ) for 30/80
TheTale: It’s a hit!
Zen rolled 1d8+110 and got 8 ( Total: 118 ) for Physical, Melee
TheTale: No, roll that with a damage boost.
TheTale: Shine is up, right?
[OOC] Eris: yes
[OOC] Zen: 141 I keep fucking forgetting
[OOC] Zen: [THP: 160] HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 79</span>/700, MP: 470/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 175 - E-Shine (1)
[OOC] Zen: Technical Fotting] yes
TheTale: Huggable D2 looks down the stairs and prepares to escape! [CT10].
Eris: "You… no longer believe in yourself?"
Zen: "After all that"
Zen: "You're going to run?"
TheTale: "Yup!"
TheTale: It gets two steps down before tripping and falling.
Zen: "I mean, okay, honestly D2's cruel as hell to make you, and make you do this"
TheTale: …Good thing it's made of felt.
Zen: "I'm… Alright with you going, it's not like it wouldn't be something else…"
Eris: "…Anyway."
Eris: "Zen get Maria."
[OOC] TheTale: Got 24 EXP.
Zen looks at the fallen girls, nods at Eris, and gives Maria an injection with an Emergency Shot [Revive with VIT HP]
Eris‘ produces a syringe out of nowhere, kneels down, then stabs the needle into Charlotte. [Emergency Shot] [Rez with Vit HP]
TheTale: And it tumbles about six steps before a pillar of D2 appears and crushes the everliving daylights out of it, thrashing it and ripping it into a cloud of cotton.
TheTale: God, that thing was annoying.
Linlea glances back down the stairs before frowning.
Eris: "Victory…?"
Linlea: "… wonder who will be doing end of days?"
[OOC] Maria: HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 7</span>/500, MP: 250/550, LP: 0/8, SoS: 125 - +0% to SAs (U)
Zen looks back at D2, looks at Eris. He’s going to use an Escape Rope because this is ridiculous. He looks back at D2 "No, you are annoying"
Maria: "….nnnnnggh." She pulls herself back up.
TheTale: Zen: It carries you in a flash back to the "Pure of Heart" .
[OOC] Linlea: [SHP: 80] HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 98</span>/600, MP: 10/500, LP: 0/8, SoS: 150
Zen is 100% sure the rest of the party is going along because fuck this fight
Maria: "I guess we won?"
Linlea nods to Maria before staring at the room proper. She never really go to look with the back attack and all. They were at the top, right?
Eris: "Not yet Zen."
Eris: "We're already at the top."
Linlea: "He's already gone, Eris."
Linlea: "Just means he doesn't get to impact the wish."
Eris: "…Oh well."
Zen didn't plan on using it right now he just meant to signal to Eris he was going to but Peter is quite a jerk and over-reads stuff
TheTale: Oh!
TheTale: Oh, takebacks are okay.
TheTale: Still.
Charlotte blearily sits up. "…Ow."
TheTale: Further ahead, or heading back?
[OOC] Linlea: Is there another floor?
Eris: "For what it's worth,"
[OOC] Linlea: After the endless stairs
Zen still isn't using it, then. He puts it back on his backpack, standing up "Let's keep going"
Eris‘ helps Charlotte to her feet.
TheTale: The stairwell keeps going.
TheTale: …Do you feel lucky?
Zen: "But"
Eris: "We couldn’t have done it without you Princess." To Maria.
Zen: "We can't take even one more engagement"
Maria: "Well. Thank you for realizing that."
Maria: "You did your job admirably."
Linlea glances over her shoulder. "… you guys can head back if you want. I've made a commitment." She starts climbing the stairs again.
Zen heads up after Linlea "I think things happened in the very precise form required to work out"
Eris‘ is an asshole and uses the last medicine on herself just in case.
Linlea: "Thanks for the help, though. I never would have gotten this far without you guys."
Eris` then heads uptop!
Charlotte: "Hold up, we need healing… and I’m spent."
Maria follows, but has the Escape Rope on hand.
Linlea: "We have nothing, Charlotte."
Eris: "All we have are the last set of travel supplies."
Zen: "There's nothing left"
Eris: "I don't fancy waiting for D2 to regroup before we hit the top."
Charlotte: "So… this is going to end poorly, you know that, right?"
Eris: "Quite possibly."
Zen: "What doesn't end poorly"
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 7</span>/400, MP: 83/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 100 - Phase Two (U)
Eris: "But your tenacious."
Charlotte: "Yes, and that's the only reason I haven't left already."
Eris‘ smiles.
Eris: "Also our charming company…?"
TheTale: The end of the Cathedral.
TheTale: Open sky.
TheTale: The continent in all directions…
TheTale: The broad, broad canopy of the Mana Tree.
TheTale: To the west, Prospero.
TheTale: To the east, Sycorax.
Zen looks out at the country below…
TheTale: A ’shadow' passes over the pool of water at the top of the tree.
TheTale: Or maybe it's something like a 'chasm' in the air. A crack, a flaw in the crystal.
Zen looks up
TheTale: Through the gap in something…
TheTale: An eye.
TheTale: A face.
TheTale: A smile.
Eris‘ purses her lips together.
Zen raises an eyebrow as he looks at it
Linlea waves, albeit she seems very exhausted. "Hiya."
Eris: "H…ello…?"
Zen: "Greetings"
TheTale: "Someone’s come again."
TheTale: "…Reach the top of the mana tree, and you'll have your wish."
TheTale: "Yes, that's true."
TheTale: "But all the seasons must pass into one another."
Eris: "…The wish has a year long cast time?"
TheTale: "But peace invites disaster."
TheTale: "But to dream of being a great emperor, is to become a corrupt villain."
TheTale: "These are the rules of a world made of the flaws in crystal."
Eris: "Oh, cavets."
Zen: "Every wish made here will be eventually corrupted, I bet"
Zen: "This is really dumb"
TheTale: "But time flows like a river."
TheTale: "But history repeats."
TheTale: "Not corrupted."
TheTale: "Simply, there are ways in which things happen."
TheTale: "Simply, there are shapes the world takes on."
Eris‘ rolls her head around on her shoulders a bit.
TheTale: "Whatever you wish will grow from the patterns you see around you."
Zen: "Yes, corrupted. Changed to aught else than what is desired. To say that ’there are ways in which things happen' is just to find an excuse for corruption"
TheTale: "Yes."
Linlea: "What's your name by the way?"
Linlea: "What do we call you?"
TheTale: "Yes, one of those would be useful."
TheTale: "Yes, things are called by names."
TheTale: "Today, call me Patalalia."
TheTale: "I am a projection of a shadow of the Mana Goddess. The crack in this crystal is very small."
TheTale: "Litle of me can shine through."
TheTale: "Not much room for personality."
Eris: "So noted."
Zen: "Hrm… I see"
Eris: "So… how does this wish thing work. Just… tell you want we want?"
Charlotte: "…Huh."
TheTale: "You just tell me what you want."
TheTale: "Then, I shall tell you how it might come to pass."
TheTale: "You may the grasp this future…"
TheTale: "Or walk away from it."
Eris: "For D2 to lose the ability to keep the caravan from traveling."
Eris: "…Anyone, really."
Zen: "Eris don't make me knock you out of this tree" he blinks "Wait, so you don't… Quite change anything, just tell what is required to get there, is that it?"
Eris: "For the caravan to be able to move on from here, to be more specific, I think."
TheTale: "I see, I see."
Linlea nods to Eris. "We each get a wish, right?"
TheTale: "There's a lot of you, aren't there?"
TheTale: "Five wishes, that's quite a lot…"
Linlea: "Five!"
Eris: "It was a rough climb."
TheTale: "It was."
Zen: "You all heard the story, you all heard what it does to wishes"
Linlea: "You'd have a lot more if the monsters we stopped on the way here all walked up instead."
Zen: "You know what it's going to ask"
Linlea: "Like twelve times more!"
Maria: "What about a way to kill monsters without them coming back?"
TheTale: "A way to kill monsters without coming back…"
TheTale: "A way to escape this world…"
TheTale: "I see. Present all your wishes, and I shall consider them."
Zen: "Well, if you must have mine… A way to rid this world of the influence of the likes of you, D2 and Pure Hearts"
Zen: "But keep in mind, there is a lot i'm not willing to do"
TheTale: "Haha. That was your first wish…!"
Eris‘ glances back at Charlotte and Linlea. "Probably ought to double down? Unless you have something better or more important, I suppose."
Charlotte tilts her head. "…I’m not really sure I have one?"
TheTale: "That is wise."
TheTale: "Then…"
TheTale: "A way to slay monsters."
TheTale: "A way to escape D2."
TheTale: "A way to solve the knot of tangled influence."
Linlea chews at her lip for a moment not really sure WHAT to wish for. She seems to be rather undecided to be honest. "Well hrm. Travelling the world has been really fun. But sometimes I get really home sick too. I'd really like to go back one day and see everyone again. But I know that isn't really possible anymore. And even if it was I'd just have to lose them again. So I guess what I really want to ask is what's the best way to
Linlea: <span style="color: #800080;"> what's the best way to keep being a minstrel in a world that rejects them?</span> "
TheTale: "Ah…"
TheTale: "To go back home."
TheTale: "That one can be discussed easily."
TheTale: "But to keep being a Minstrel."
TheTale: "To commune with spirits? To bring forth their virtues into the world?"
Linlea: "And to remember the stories of the worlds consumed by winter. It's my job!"
Linlea nods.
TheTale: "In one world, spirits were bound to rest power within mortal hands."
TheTale: "In this world, spirits despair, too weak to be seen, for the world is too thin to support them."
Linlea: "Because of all the corruption from the mana tree, right?"
TheTale: "Because the world is twice the size that it should be."
Charlotte: "…Because there's two main cities instead of one?"
Zen: "How… Stupid"
TheTale: "There's one city."
TheTale: "There's one people."
TheTale: "They've been sliced apart."
TheTale: "That's the original wound of this world."
Eris: "Seem pretty different to me…?" A glance back at Maria.
Linlea: "So you're saying… if we unify the two nations the spirits will come back and the mana tree will begin to heal?"
Maria: "Wait, one people?"
Zen closes his eyes for a moment "That a would could ever be too large, is senseless. But-" he looks at Maria "Did you forget the story we were told right before getting badly mauled?"
TheTale: "D2 created humans from monsters. D2 created monsters from humans."
TheTale: "For the purpose of what it calls 'Punishment'."
Zen: "It was full of flowers, but they did mention splitting the two"
Linlea: "What are you anyways, if you don't mind me asking?"
Zen crosses his arms "That's a tall order. I mean i'm very fine with doing that" he grins "But still"
Linlea: "Are you a goddess? A spirit?"
TheTale: "I am a projection of a shadow of the Mana Goddess.
Eris: "She said she - that."
TheTale: In a sense, you can consider me a fraction of a fraction of a Goddess. "
Linlea: "Right but would it be accurate to say that your beliefs are shared with the goddess?"
Eris: "Presumably, hence the lack of… body."
TheTale: "The shadow is the reverse of the Goddess. When the rules are followed, when things happen as ordered, that is the will of the Goddess."
TheTale: "When everything is going in one direction…"
TheTale: "When only one thing can possibly occur…"
TheTale: "And yet, somehow, it does not…"
TheTale: "The smile of the Shadow is upon that moment."
TheTale: "And then, I am her finger, forced through a tiny crack. Am I thinking as she ought to?"
TheTale: "Am I coming to the same conclusions…?"
TheTale: "I am the same workings, but greatly reduced, barely here. I can hardly hear you, see you, even now."
TheTale: "…Caveat emptor."
Linlea nods a few times. "… hey wait! You tricked me. You kept going on about why spirits were too weak to actually be here but you didn't actually answer what I could personally do."
TheTale: "You could fold the world back together. You could slay the beast beneath the tree that feeds upon its roots."
TheTale: "In doing either of these things, the spirits shall return."
Zen: "The answer, Lin"
Linlea glances at Eris. "WE WENT THE WRONG WAY. Beneath the roots. Gosh darnit!"
Zen: "Is that no matter what worlds you go to, ensure the environment in which the spirits can exist is there"
Linlea: "That's like the complete opposite direction!!!!"
Linlea throws her hands in the air.
Zen: "That is the answer to 'How to be a minstrel everywhere'"
Eris: "Uhh…"
Charlotte: "Monster beneath the roots?"
Eris: "I don't think getting the spirits back is going to help our actual goal, dear…?"
TheTale: "The thing called D2."
Eris: "…Maybe it would."
Charlotte: "…Oh."
Maria: "Clearly."
Linlea: "D2 is what's stopping the world from working right. The mana goddess can't do anything because D2 is latched on to the tree!"
Linlea: "If it's gone the world will fold back into one."
Eris: "Now,"
Linlea: "Seems pretty simple to me!"
TheTale: "No. Not necessarily."
TheTale: "…But, it could."
Eris: "I realize you're angling to be a little hysterical here, however,"
Eris: "…I'm going to remind you that you wanted to go up, anyway."
Eris‘ smiles.
Zen: "It might not be enough, however"
TheTale: "Can a world made only for punishment be a good world, or should it be returned to its previous state?"
Zen: "We might still have to drive the split pieces together ourselves"
Linlea puffs out her cheeks. "Look. We COULD run away right now, but we could also be heroes and save this world and then leave. We’d be like Crimson, only the story wouldn't be about Crimson!"
TheTale: "I suppose that is the dilemma you will face."
Charlotte: "…that sounds like something for the Grand Finale."
Zen looks up at the shadow "Any world can be a good world if yo change it"
TheTale: "Yes."
TheTale: "That's what the first angel who came here said."
Eris‘ ruffles Linlea’s hair.
Zen: "That said, that is precisely what the Shadow is about, isn't it?"
Zen: "If there is but one outcome, and it does not happens… It means someone changed the world"
Zen: "I fear the first angel fucked up greatly in their efforts"
TheTale: "He did."
Zen: "Someone will get it right, someday…"
TheTale: "He looked at the world and said that it was perfect.."
Maria: "Okay, so. Killing D2 means the world goes back to normal, which means…we get one city, one people? War with the monsters ends, basically?"
TheTale: "There were no monsters. There was no rule by the strong."
Zen: "But to leave that in the hands of… Things… As powerful as you, as me, as D2"
Zen: "Is inviting catastrophe"
TheTale: "No tyrants. The common people lived without understanding strife or war."
TheTale: "The Angel picked up a boy and a girl, and told them to protect this way of things."
Linlea: "Well. I suppose I should ask the locals actually before I get too hyped up about this. Zen, Maria! Do you want your tree to not be corrupted by D2 anymore and everything to go back to how it started?"
TheTale: "But, because he was looking only for cruelty in iron, he did not see the cruelty within the hearts."
TheTale: "Also, it was Dr. Orom."
TheTale: "I think I should just get that right out there, immediately."
Linlea finally tunes into the conversation again. "Wait, what about Doc? Huh?"
Eris: "I mean…"
TheTale: "I mean, he's the one who visited this world long ago, before everything, and instructed two children as his disciples."
Eris: "Wait."
Eris: "How did you not get that, Lin?"
TheTale: "He fostered the spark in them."
Eris: "Even I got that."
Zen looks at Linlea "Fixing up the tree is a good idea, ending the war is a good idea" he looks back at the sky "I'll have a word with him"
Linlea: "Listen, that popcorn tasted funny!"
TheTale: "Yes. It was drugged."
Eris‘ sighs.
TheTale: "Now, Transit Beyond the World."
Eris` wraps one arm around Zen’s neck, the other around Linlea's, pulls them both close. "Shh for a second now."
TheTale: "D2 becomes strong by creating familiars. It is a peculiar sort of alchemy."
TheTale: "As they are destroyed, its power wanes."
TheTale: "Those like you have already destroyed one, and another is marshalled against it."
Linlea: "Did huggable D2 not count?"
Linlea: "It totally got crushed earlier."
TheTale: "Huggable D2 does not count."
Linlea quietly pouts to herself.
TheTale: "If the familiars are the 'Four Fiends', Huggable D2 would be… Necrophobe."
TheTale: "Does that help?"
Zen: "No, but it will in like eight hours"
TheTale: "Okay."
Eris: "It does. A clear, decisive goal to aim for. Thank you very much, Madam Patalalia."
TheTale: "As you bring the caravan past Sycorax, you will likely have to destroy two more familiars. One might be marshalled against you as a last-ditch effort."
TheTale: "D2 knows you're strong enough to escape it, so it's aiming to kill one of your number, to trap them within the Vault."
TheTale: "However, due to the efforts of the Red, it has not been able to."
Eris: "Alice is a true hero of the common man." Eris didn't even crack a smile.
Charlotte: "The Vault?"
Eris: "Dead human cold storage."
Eris: "Hmm."
Eris: "I suppose the real question is what Heir Doctor is up to now that he's back on old stomping grounds."
Zen: "In a few moments he will be up to a headache as bad as mine" that is more grumbled to himself
TheTale: "Yes."
Linlea: "He owes me a favor, we got him into the archives. I think it's time to call back on that debt for a bit of good old fashioned truth wrangling!"
TheTale: "To slay monsters."
TheTale: "Long ago, someone killed a monster on this very location."
TheTale: "He removed their Heart."
TheTale: "As one of the Pure of Heart, you can do this, as well."
Zen blinks
Linlea: "You mean like, kill them in the white sea?"
Linlea: "I don't get it."
TheTale: "Reach out and take it. Physically."
Eris‘ pauses, tilts her head towards Linlea. "Would you like to give me your heart…?"
Linlea opens her mouth and glances at Eris. "…"
Charlotte shakes her head, chuckling. "That’s… terrible."
Zen: "I knew you two were close, but"
Linlea: "Just because I got that trick where I stay up longer doesn't mean you can rip out my heart. Do you even HAVE a conscious?"
Linlea: "You were making jokes about world destruction earlier, geeze."
TheTale: "The monster will be left nothing more than a shell."
Eris: "Clearly I didn't learn my lesson earlier this morning!"
Eris‘ laughs.
TheTale: "It will not fight. It will not dream."
TheTale: "Perhaps one day, it will stop moving…"
TheTale: "…However, other than that, this world’s 'Law of Eternal Punishment' means that not much else can be done."
Zen: "That sounds positively terrifying"
Eris: "No, any victory that requires killing you is probably not Plan A, don't worry."
TheTale: "To remove the influence of the angels, the Goddess, and D2 forever…"
TheTale: "This is beyond my power."
TheTale: "However, there is a people in this world who have been working on a strategy to accomplish this for some time."
Eris: "Zen's favorite people!"
Zen: "I'd love to hear who they are"
Eris‘ sqeezes Zen just a little tighter.
Linlea: "Is it the services? Because I thought they relied on their pure hearts?"
TheTale: "It is a weapon that brings forth a blade of winter."
TheTale: "It severs an Angel instantly from the world, freezing them perfectly…"
TheTale: "…But leaves everything around them untouched."
Charlotte …shivers.
Zen: "That… Sounds immensely powerful"
Maria: "That sounds…bad."
Linlea nods. "And that weapon is from the services, right?"
TheTale: "Yes, it is of the Services."
Linlea: "I think I’ve heard about this one before."
Eris: "Only if you're an antagonistical Angel."
TheTale: "Like the blade of legend, it is known by many names."
Eris‘ smiles!
TheTale: "Happily-Ever-After."
TheTale: "The Lotus-Eater Cannon."
Maria: "The Services? The Foreign Service? That’s not usually pluralised."
TheTale: "…The End."
Zen: "Although not quite what I wanted. To shield with a weapon requires constant guard and hunt. I'd rather have a shield, myself"
Zen: "I suppose I could I could repurpose it if it I got access, however…"
TheTale: "Certainly, they have the artifice to automate it."
TheTale: "Have I granted every wish to satisfaction?"
Zen: "No, because you can't do that"
Zen: "Now i'm just waiting to see in which way every which we just heard will turn up on it's head and messed up"
Charlotte: "What about healing the plague in the human city?"
Linlea nods. "From my end, at least. Was kind of hoping to talk to a spirit again but you've just made it clear I've got to work for that."
Zen: "Because you wouldn't avoid it. That'll be up to me, I guess"
Linlea glances at Charlotte. "Good job, Char! We can use that information as bait for Orom to come clean."
TheTale: "Ah," says Patalalia.
Linlea: "You're good at this!"
TheTale: "A good wish."
Zen looks at Charlotte "Ahaha- Here, look at us, worrying about things so great… And Charlotte worrying about things more important"
Zen looks down "Damn, I feel ashamed right now"
Eris‘ nuzzles the side of her head against Zen’s. "You're a lot more fun when you're battle rushing and then angry and slightly confused."
TheTale: "Every human in Prospero possesses only one half of a complete genetic code."
TheTale: "Monsters use the structure of their hosts to make up for this flaw."
Linlea: "Are you saying they have a monster pair or…?"
Charlotte shrugs. "It's the only thing I can think of that we know about that we could help with."
TheTale: "Humans will need another source of genetic repair."
Eris: "This is going to lead directly to Fiend City, isn't it…?"
Eris: "Oh! Maybe cyborgs."
Charlotte: "…Oh dear."
Charlotte: "I am suddenly picturing a city full of half-fiends."
TheTale: "This flaw, by the way, is how D2 constructs familiars."
TheTale: "Removing the flaws of two entities by merging them together…"
TheTale: "…To satisfy some freakish, jealous longing."
Zen rubs his forehead
Zen: "He really did literally split them apart"
Zen: "Huhn…"
Charlotte: "Wait, are his familiars a mix of human and monsters or something?"
TheTale: "Yes. Though, he has created one from a human and a fiend."
Zen scratches his chin "Would it be possible… For a monster and human to inhabit together?"
Zen: "That way both would, theoretically, be complete"
Zen: "Provided it can be done without leading to influence from D2"
TheTale: "Yes, that would be possible."
Zen: "Worth looking into"
Eris: "You sure are into some kinky things, Zen."
TheTale: "Yes. His sense of the erotic is astonishingly bizarre."
Maria: "Does the plague have something to do with the fountain?"
Zen shrugs "What can I say, i've learned to find hard plate and soft skin equally as attractive"
Eris‘ nods seriously to Patalalia.
Charlotte can’t help it and chuckles.
TheTale: "No, in fact. The fountain is unrelated."
Maria sighs in relief.
TheTale: "You'd think it'd be some horrid price of eternal life…"
TheTale: "…But the flaw in your bodies is inherent, a death sentence created beforehand."
Linlea opens her mouth before pausing. She takes a while to speak. "I want Hamaris back."
Charlotte: "…He was slow as molasses, though."
TheTale: "You'd bring him here?"
Eris‘ nuzzles her head against the side of Linlea’s this time.
Charlotte: "This one at least acts quickly."
Zen looks at Linlea straight into her eyes, it's a deep stare that stares right into her spark "Sorry, that's not possible" he turns away
Linlea shakes her head. "I was making a joke. I wouldn't want anyone to be here that isn't already trapped."
Linlea: "We're in a bad situation."
TheTale: "Yes."
TheTale: "But there's hope."
TheTale: "Hope that doesn't even need a miracle."
Zen: "What do you refer to?"
TheTale: "You, of course."
TheTale: "Isn't it burning in your heart?
Zen: "Ah, clearly"
TheTale: I can fix everything.
TheTale: I can make everything right. "
Zen scratches the back of his head
Zen: "I can't"
Eris: "Hey,"
Zen: "I'm going to mess it up, same way every other one did"
Eris: "You're right! I *am* a self centered egotistical ham!"
Eris: "Don't worry, I've got this."
Zen: "Gotta try, though, and reduce the degree of my messup"
Zen looks at the rest of the party
Eris‘ sqeezes Zen and Linlea a bit.
Zen: "And make sure to mitigate their mess too"
Linlea nods before placing a fist into her open palm. "I’ve got this, shadow fragment of a fragment of the mana goddess. I'm going to go to the bottom of the tree and when I'm done we're going to have spirits and a cool story!"
TheTale: "I believe in you."
Zen doesn't even bothers resisting
Maria: "It's okay. I'm less genocidal now."
Eris: "More importantly,"
TheTale: "Linlea, Eris, Zen, Charlotte, Maria… I believe in you."
Eris: "I believe in the me that believes in me."
TheTale: "Shinzou, Luc, Shiba, and the little Dog… I believe in them."
Charlotte: "You definitely warped that one badly, Eris."
TheTale: "And even Alice, Yesker, and the Doctor… I still believe in them."
Charlotte: "But not Jack?"
Eris: "Charlotte I will get you in this tangle of people too, so help me."
Zen chuckles "Well, Linlea, not today you won't"
Maria: "I dunno, a group hug right now might kill both of us again."
TheTale: "Jack, eh, edge case. Not really angeling very much this time around. You know?"
Eris: "Well, I mean."
Charlotte: "Not really, we haven't actually seen her since the caravan arrived…"
Eris: "No Jack, no You Know Who either,"
Eris: "It probably balanced out."
Linlea: "All the really meddling angels kind of took a step back this time, huh?"
Linlea: "Was that intentional?"
TheTale: "I suppose I've lost my faith in the two children. But we'll have to keep an eye on them, won't we?"
TheTale: "There's something shining inside them, too."
Eris: "I don't suppose they had names, did they?"
Linlea: "Ah, yeah. D2 wouldn't answer that but you can!"
Linlea: "Who made this awful for everyone?"
Linlea: "I've got a lecture to give!"
TheTale: "The two children were Prince Raro, and what is now the Princess of Sycorax."
Linlea nods. "Thought so~."
Eris: "Backstory time sure is fuzzy."
TheTale: "Well, the Prince chose to change the past with his wish."
TheTale: "Naturally, this makes a hot mess of things."
Linlea: "What was his wish again?"
Zen: "I knew that was the case"
TheTale: "To create the Fountain of Wishes."
TheTale: "To save the humans from extinction."
Eris: "A noble goal, all things considered."
Linlea: "Are you serious? Prospero hates him when he did THAT? What is WRONG with your people, Maria?"
Maria: "……I don't know."
Maria: "We probably don't know about that part."
Eris: "Well, consider:"
Maria: "Just that he made the monsters angry?"
Eris: "You are not a caravaner."
Eris: "You are not a service."
Maria: "I certainly didn't know he made the fountain."
Eris: "You are not an Angel."
Eris: "Someone comes up to yo and says,"
Eris: "Don't worry!"
Eris: "The only reason I assulted the Princess and started a war,"
Charlotte: "Wait, so he was the one who ripped out a monster's heart here?"
Eris: "Was to prevent us from losing the war!"
Eris: "And tell me you'd take them even a little seriously."
Zen: "I imagine so, Charlotte"
Maria: "She has a point."
Zen: "I wonder if he still has the heart"
TheTale: "It's still in the Palace, of course."
Zen: "And wether… Her lacking the heart is important for the fountain working"
TheTale: "Overflowing with the water of life."
Zen: "Unless- Yeah, I figured"
Eris: "Oh,"
Zen: "The fountain is her heart"
Eris: "Speaking of!"
Eris: "Speaking of the Prince,"
Zen rubs his forehead
Eris: "Where in the world is he?"
Eris: "(We're really going to need to resupply…)"
TheTale: "Aren't you pure of heart? Don't you know?"
Linlea crosses her arms. "I'm having a feeling Eris we're going to have to form a different alliance soon. Some of the actions we may have to take will probably not be aligned with their… interests?"
Zen: "Did he at least ask her before doing that?"
Eris: "I suppose I should direct my question to Charlotte who's least like to care about… 'cheating'…?"
Eris‘ sounds a little unsure as she says that.
Charlotte: "…I haven’t peeked at any of their logs yet."
Linlea glances at Charlotte confused. "Huh?"
Eris‘ bumps her head against Linlea’s. "They don't need to know that until we resupply."
Eris: "We can leave the next job hanging indefinitly if need be!"
Linlea: "If we're planning to cheat on them I'd like to give them a heads up. I'm not sneaky like you, Eris!"
Maria: "Well. I could try convincing them."
Eris: "Ugh there's like five real good follow ups to that, Linlea, but I can't phrase any of them well at the moment. Pretend I said something provocative or lewd enough to make you blush."
Zen: "Ahahahahahahahaha"
Charlotte giggles. "Sure you did."
TheTale: "Okay."
Zen: "I think we're all at the end of our ropes here"
Zen: "We've certainly got as much as we could right now…"
TheTale: "Yes. And you should be at the end of your ropes, now, if you would."
Zen: "ISn't it time to head back?"
TheTale: "By which I mean, you should use an escape rope."
TheTale: "It's like trying to shout across the universe through a drinking straw, here."
TheTale: "It is a pain."
Charlotte: "I'd say, long past time to, except this was very informative, thank you very much."
Zen pulls out his Escape Rope, points it at Eris "Let's give the Shadow a rest, and my brain a rest too. Let's go?"
Linlea: "Sorry for tiring you out. We had a lot of questions!"
Charlotte gives the fragment of a shadow a deep curtsey of respect.
Zen nods upwards "Thank you, either way"
Eris: "Well. Thank you for the snpits of information, Lady Patalalia."
Maria: "Your help is greatly appreciated."
TheTale: "Yes."
Linlea glances at the others. "So we're going to go resupply, take a rest and chat up Orom and the caravan while we're taking our break. Any objections?"
TheTale: "Find me, and walk beside me…"
TheTale: "…I think that's the appropriate thing to say."
Maria: "And ask Orom to, uh, heal some of us."
Maria has noticeable bite marks. Charlotte looks much worse.
Linlea: "Charlotte got pretty mangled…"
Linlea: "You uh… don't want to look in a mirror right now, Char."
Charlotte: "…Please don't remind me, it hurts more when you do."
Zen: "Let's get going, before anyone gets hurt any more" he activates his Escape Rope
Charlotte pulls out her own Escape Rope, nodding to the others.
Eris: "Let the rope rip, Zen! We're outa here."
TheTale: Escaped back to the Pure of Heart!
TheTale: …So, to sum up…
TheTale: There's three sins that made all this, that made me what I am.
TheTale: You better know them.
TheTale: I'll carve them into your he-
[OOC] TheTale: Meanwhile
[OOC] TheTale: On The Other Side of the Equivalent of A Drinking Straw
TheTale: man
TheTale: anyway god im up late
TheTale: hope you enjoyed that session
TheTale: knew it was kind of fuzzy talking to you guys but I mean
TheTale: you've got it?
TheTale: you've probably got it.
TheTale: ok good have fun lt out

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License