Tom D02s01

TheTale: Day Two - Dawn.
TheTale: The Narthelius burns to life, engines roaring, slowly beginning to cut its way away from its docking.
TheTale: All hands on deck.
Eris‘ yawns as she wakes up. A few glances around to regain her barings, then nods to herself.
Linlea got up bright and early to get into a spot on deck where she could get a good view.
Eris` makes her way up top. "Did they mention anything about breakfast? Also, did you know they have internet here?"
Maria is standing on deck as well. "Check the galley belowdecks for breakfast."
Maria: "What’s 'internet'?"
Linlea glances at Eris before blinking. "… huh? I didn't really get that impression from our stay in Prosperio."
Eris: "Well, okay, someone has crude bludgening internet. Maybe it's only monster side?"
Charlotte stretches as she climbs the last few steps up top. "…Yeah, I'd have to agree with Linlea."
Eris: "I found it last night after you went to bed."
Charlotte: "And you were considerate enough to let us sleep instead of waking us up in your excitement? I'm surprised."
Eris: "Of course. Linlea might've wanted her PDA back if she was awake."
TheTale: The Narthelius wheels around, cutting towards the Manalands. The morning sun shimmers across the morning snow - a torrent of ice and water surges up around its prow.
Eris‘ pauses, glancing over to Maria. "Do you know what a computer is?"
Maria frowns. "No?’
Linlea pauses before frowning. "… discounting the fact that you borrowed my things aside, if it's as crude as you claim they shouldn't have wireless. That makes no sense how you got on."
Eris: "Alright well. Imagine a machine, that's sort of like… both infinite paper, and an accubus wrapped up into one. That's a computer. Internet is a way to connect them together, so that things done on one can be seen by others."
Charlotte chuckles softly. "Maybe it's the privilege of a Pure Heart?"
Maria: "That sounds…strange."
Maria: "And you're saying the monsters might have this?"
Eris: "Considering the wireless network was called 'PH Power', I'd imagine so."
Eris: "Well, if you don't even know what a computer is as some sort of nobility, it's highly doubtful the network is human side."
Linlea: "Sounds to me like a pure heart may have brought some wireless technology with them, then and ramped it up for personal use."
Eris: "Also the first thread on the BBS I was poking around was titled 'Sycorax Newswire' which… I believe in the name of their city?"
Maria frowns. "Yes."
Charlotte tilts her head. "Yeah, that sounds right."
Maria: "BBS?"
Zen finally shows up after waking up "It's mostly monster-side, yes"
Maria: "Thread?"
Linlea: "All things considered going from Sycorax to where we are now with a signal isn't that far fetched. Some of the technology in other worlds travel far greater distances than between two cities."
Maria is confused about all these terms.
TheTale: The Narthelius rocks a little on its side as it corners, descending down an icy hill on its broad-side. There's a shout: "Fire the anchor!"
Eris: "Bulletion Board System. Um. It's like the computer version of a notice board."
Zen is, for now, not wearing his armor. He looks quite scrawny without it "One of the biggest advantages"
TheTale: An anchor is fired, ripping into a section of snow, steadying the ship as it slides down the hill - rumbling madly in its rivets, picking up speed -
Eris: "And a thread is… like… a posting on one? Only since it's on a coputer people can put replying on it."
TheTale: Another shout: "Disengage!" And the anchor folds back up to be retracted, pulled back up on a whipping chain.
Linlea stares off into the distance watching. "I'm admittedly curious what their version of the mana lands look like, though."
Charlotte watches all this off the side. "…huh, I almost thought they were going to stop, but I guess that's for maneuvering?"
Zen looks outside, he's eating a piece of bread "What is going on out there"
Maria: "Huh. And monsters are posting to this?" She frowns in thought. "There wasn't any useful intelligence on there, perhaps?"
Eris: "You can swipe Linlea's PDA and check it out if you want."
Eris: "I left the BBS home page open."
Maria: "Maybe later." She turns to Linlea. "If that's alright with you."
Linlea glances behind her before shrugging. "Just don't break the thing."
Zen: "There is a separate network for tactical information"
Zen: "If Eris cound find her way into that I think they'd be in real deep trouble"
Eris: "Oh, you actually know about it, Zen?"
TheTale: The dense forest canopies grow closer.
Zen: "Yeah, i've done work for the monsters too, you know?"
Charlotte: "Somehow, I don't think you'll be able to butter Zen up enough to let you into that one, Maria."
Maria: "Maybe if I pay him enough…."
Eris: "Ah, I suppose my initial assessment of you being a weirdo was spot on then, huh?" She gives Zen a good natured smile.
Zen just smiles at Eris, then looks at Maria "Maybe"
TheTale: A flock of pink birds take off from it, startled by the rumbling of the earth.
Zen: "But could you guess the price?"
Maria: "More than I have on me, at least. Which isn't much."
Eris‘ leans against the railing, watching the birds a bit.
Zen looks at the canopies coming closer "You know, this is a snow ship"
TheTale: The bladed, heated prow cuts easily through the soil, the underbrush, and - though it strains for a moment to begin to breach the roots - into the trees.
Zen: "Can it travel in the woods?"
Eris: "Apparently."
Linlea: "It seems to be managing, at least."
Maria: "With some difficulty, but yes."
TheTale: The marshwater burbles alongside it. There’s a commotion on deck - the thick branches are -
TheTale: "Watch your damn heads!"
Zen furrows his eyebrows "Can we get up to the bridge?"
Eris‘ crouches down.
Linlea hits the deck if need be.
Maria: "This is something the monsters don’t h-" Maria cuts off, grabbing her axe and crouching lower.
Zen: "Just need to make sure we don't run into the actual mana tree"
Charlotte kneels down, keeping an eye out for stray branches.
Eris: "You know,"
Zen kneels down smoothly dodging a branch
Linlea: "That's kind of something I'd like to check out, actually. But we have a job to do first."
Eris: "Has anyone actually even attempted to damage a mana tree before? How do we know what would happen if it was hurt?"
Zen: "Given what it does"
Zen: "Do you want to risk the repercussions of large scale damage to a mana tree?"
Linlea scrunches up her face. "I'm sure it's happened SOMEWHERE but I haven't seen it."
Charlotte: "That sounds like an exceedingly stupid way to either bring in Winter faster, or to call in an end-game boss."
Eris: "Maybe on the way out." Eris grins mischeviously. It's hard to tell if she's serious or not.
TheTale: Fwoosh! The tangled canopy-branches sweep across the deck, pinning against the railings and bridge.
TheTale: The proud Narthelius splinters and shatters them, pushing its way through, leaving the deck strewn with leaves and debris.
TheTale: …It's cutting through!
Zen dodges inside! He's going towards the bridge. He's also going to pick up his armor on the way there
Linlea pokes her head up a bit as she's half crouched trying to get a view of what's going on in the distance. "This wasn't exactly my idea for sight seeing, though!"
Eris: "No doubt."
Charlotte: "Well, it's certainly faster than walking."
Maria: "And less dangerous."
TheTale: Even inside, the branches scratch and glance against the windows.
TheTale: The trees are getting taller. The Narthelius rattles from side to side, tangled in roots as it pushes onwards.
Zen will go talk to the captain! "Excuse-me but… Just to be sure. We're not going to run into the Mana Tree are we?"
Eris: "I'll admit, I wasn't expecting the boat to take us into the forest however. Figured it was snow all the way through."
TheTale: "No," Captain Bartan says. "We're giving it a wide berth."
TheTale: He points out through the window of the bridge -
TheTale: "You can see it, there-"
TheTale: Tremendous… crowded in flowers of all colors…
Zen looks out towards the tree
TheTale: Tangled and knit together…
TheTale: Rising, extending branches, like a pillar to the heavens…
TheTale: …It disappears into the clouds before you can even see its canopy.
Maria points it out to the others while it's visible, from what she's heard.
Eris: "Huh. Guess this world is pretty old."
Charlotte: "…Yes, that's certainly a Mana Tree."
TheTale: The Narthelius smashes into something - there's a cloud of stone debris from one of the railings. It took out one of the cannons, having navigated too close to…
Linlea: "That's the first time I've ever seen one in person. They're usually not that easy to get to."
TheTale: A leering, ogre-faced statue, tusked and horned.
TheTale: "The hell is-" The captain says. "…Bring it around! We're hitting something!"
Zen suddenly shifts his stance to a wider base as everything rattles "Okay, did we run into a siege monster"
Eris: "Well. It's not like the world is especially large, Linlea."
Zen looks outside, at the statues
TheTale: WHAM. The Narthelius buckles as it shaves the head off of another statue.
Zen: "The guardian statues"
Zen: "The ship might suffer too much damage in this course…" he says that mostly to himself, this is the captain's ship to drive into the abyss if he so wishes
Eris‘ firmly grips onto the railing to keep herself steady.
TheTale: The branches that strew the deck surge and blossom, growing fat, iridescent blue flowers.
Linlea: "Then we’d better take the fort or we're going to be stranded!"
Charlotte: "…Does anyone else have a bad feeling about this?"
Eris: "Bad? Well, only if you dislike random encounters."
TheTale: Climbing out from its nest, a sleepy, squat, bipedal lizard, skin gleaming.
Zen: "I've the feeling something is very unhappy with this invasion" he heads down to deck level- Yep, he's heading out in the deck
TheTale: And the statues gnash their teeth and rattle, sprouting disproportionately small limbs and head.
Zen is now dressed fully in his armor and weapons
Linlea draws her bow before frowning. "I just know while we're fighting a branch is going to knock me over or something."
Eris: "Just fire from a seated position, dear! You're ranged after all."
Eris‘ picks herself up and draws her hammer.
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Zen [F]:1 Maria [F]:2 Charlotte [F]:2 Dreamflower C [B]:3 Antiquity Grief [B]:4 Dreamflower A [F]:4 Poto [F]:4 Antiquity Rage [B]:5 Eris [F]:6 Dreamflower B [F]:7 A Branch Hits Linlea In The Face:75
TheTale: Status for Dreamflower A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Dreamflower B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Dreamflower C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Poto : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Grief : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Rage : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Linlea!
Charlotte shakes her head and gets her scythe ready. "Less ’dislike' and more expasperation that even on top of a ship we're getting into a random encounter… and that's a lot of targets."
Eris: "Fair point."
Zen readies himself with his back to the enemies [Technical Stance] "Really now"
Linlea gets a determined look on her face as she places multiple arrows on her bowstring. "If I was seated I couldn't do this though, Eris!" [Out of Your League - All Over | 60D]
Linlea rolled 6d100 and got 27, 2, 64, 35, 83, 33 ( Total: 244 ) for 80
[OOC] Linlea: 1 luck on 83
[OOC] Linlea: And 1 luck on 2 for crit
TheTale: Dreamflowers are level 1! The Poto is level 2! Both Antiquities are Level 2!
Eris: "You're telling me with as long as you've been world hopping, and as long as you've been insistant on using a bow, you never once picked up the basics of mounted archery, Linlea?"
Linlea rolled d12+210 and got 12 ( Total: 222.0 )
Eris: "…Actually I suppose you've been travelling for less time than I have been, but still."
d12+182: 2 [Total: 184.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 406.0, Avg: 7.00
[OOC] Linlea: 444 to Dreamflower B
[OOC] TheTale: 222] [444] [222] [184] [147] [147]!
TheTale: The flowers are ripped to bits!
Linlea: "Hey! It's not my fault the worlds didn't have any horses or ponies I could learn on!" [All Over - Refresh]
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Maria [F]:1 Charlotte [F]:1 Antiquity Grief [B]:3 Poto [F]:3 Antiquity Rage [B]:4 Eris [F]:5 Linlea [B]:59 A Branch Hits Linlea In The Face:74
TheTale: Status for Poto : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Grief : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Rage : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Zen!
Zen has no idea what anything does just yet so… He simply runs over at the Poto, delivers a couple of punches in close range, steps even closer and drives his shoulder on it [Attack, 47D]
Eris: "Motorcycles, hover bikes, cyborgs on treads… Cars, I'm pretty sure we've been to a few places with riding animals and you simply weren't paying attention…"
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 57 ( Total: 57 ) for 80
Zen rolled 1d8+110 and got 3 ( Total: 113 ) for Physical Melee
[OOC] TheTale: 113]!
Eris‘ swiftly follows up Zen’s attack with one of her own. [Attack Assist]
Eris‘ rolled 1d100 and got 43 ( Total: 43 )
Eris` rolled d12+160 and got 4 ( Total: 164 )
[OOC] TheTale: 164]!
TheTale: It’s slain!
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:0 Antiquity Grief [B]:2 Poto [F]:2 Antiquity Rage [B]:3 Eris [F]:4 Zen [F]:46 Linlea [B]:58 A Branch Hits Linlea In The Face:73
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Grief : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Rage : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Maria and Charlotte!
TheTale: The Antiquities look worried!
Maria strikes out at Antiquity Rage! [After Me, 57D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 )
Maria rolled d10+120 and got 7 ( Total: 127.0 ) for Next hit against it deals +30% damage
[OOC] TheTale: 165]!
Eris: "Feel free to chain quickly."
[OOC] Maria: HP: 550/550, MP: 550/550, LP: 10/10, SoS: 137 - SAs do +40% damage (U)
Linlea follows it up with a shot of her own! [Forward Artillery]
Linlea rolled d12*1.3+140*1.3 and got 9 ( Total: 193.7 )
[OOC] Maria: +40% more
[OOC] Eris: 170% rly
Linlea rolled d12*1.7+140*1.7 and got 7 ( Total: 249.9 )
[OOC] TheTale: 249]!
Charlotte slashes at the Rage as well! [Follow Through, 60D]
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 56 ( Total: 56 ) for 85
Charlotte rolled 1d12+175 and got 10 ( Total: 185.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 240]!
[OOC] Zen: Is the Rage still alive?
Eris: "And again~"
[OOC] TheTale: Yup!
Maria follows up with an attack of her own! [Follow Up, S.A.]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 )
Maria rolled d10+120,140% and got 10 ( Total: 182.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 221]!
TheTale: Battle order: Antiquity Grief [B]:0 Antiquity Rage [B]:1 Eris [F]:2 Zen [F]:44 Maria [F]:55 Linlea [B]:56 Charlotte [F]:58 A Branch Hits Linlea In The Face:71
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Grief : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Rage : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">=== </span>]
TheTale: Grief leaps forward and slams down onto Eris!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 24 ( Total: 24 ) for 80
TheTale rolled 1d12+330 and got 3 ( Total: 333.0 )
TheTale: Hitting her for 333 physical damage!
Eris: "- Goodness, that was much stronger than expected."
Linlea: "That sounded painful! You okay?"
Eris: "I'll survive."
Charlotte: "…Ow."
TheTale: Antiquity Rage's eye glints at Linlea!
TheTale: …The evil eye is on her. (U). [330]
Linlea: "Wait did that thing just hit me automatically? That is so unfair!"
Zen: "That sound really bad"
[OOC] Zen: No it rolled a 24
[OOC] TheTale: Oh, sorry, it's Evil Eye[330](U), not direct damage.
Linlea: "And yeah, it does sound foreboding. Anyone want to tell me how much trouble I'm in?"
TheTale: Fearsome power gathers in the Grief Antiquity.
Eris: "Well?" Eris levels a flat stare at the Antiquity. "What does it do?"
Eris: "I'm assuming it blasts her if she ignores you, yes?"
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Zen [F]:42 Maria [F]:53 Linlea [B]:54 Charlotte [F]:56 Antiquity Grief [F]:58 Antiquity Rage [B]:59 A Branch Hits Linlea In The Face:69
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Grief : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Phantom Blade(2)
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Rage : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">=== </span>]
TheTale: …The mysteries of the past offer no answer.
Eris: "I mean, how can she do what you want her to… if she doesn't know the punishment to avoid?"
TheTale: Jerks!
TheTale: Eris!
Linlea: "… we're focusing it down though already."
Linlea: "Doesn't that seem like a waste of time?" She seems puzzled.
Maria: "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth?"
Zen: "We're"
[OOC] Eris: Dispersion 30 damage to myself, Linlea, Zen, Maria and Charlotte
Zen: "Focusing the other one"
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 50] HP: 550/550, MP: 550/550, LP: 7/7, SoS: 137
Eris‘ shimmers briefly as a [High Spark] heals her, then dashes forward and slams her hammer into the Rage. [60D]
Eris` rolled 1d100 and got 22 ( Total: 22 )
[OOC] Zen: HP: 479/700, MP: 600/600, LP: 4/8, SoS: 175
Eris` rolled d12+160 and got 11 ( Total: 171 ) for first is dmg
d10+150: 2 [Total: 152]
TheTale: Damage is reduced vs. back row! It’s a hit!
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 323
Charlotte: "Rage is the one that marked her, though?"
Zen: "No, Grief"
[OOC] TheTale: 136]!
Maria: "Rage did, Zen."
Zen: "Did I get confused? I probably did"
Charlotte: "Grief hit Eris, Rage glinted at Linlea."
Maria: "They both acted one after another."
Eris: "And chainnnn~"
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Maria [F]:11 Linlea [B]:12 Charlotte [F]:14 Antiquity Grief [F]:16 Antiquity Rage [B]:17 Eris [F]:18 A Branch Hits Linlea In The Face:27
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Grief : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Phantom Blade(2)
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Rage : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>]
TheTale: Zen!
Charlotte follows after Eris! [S.A]
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 22 ( Total: 22 ) for 85
Charlotte rolled 1d12+135 and got 10 ( Total: 145.0 ) for Charlotte's delay is reduced by 15
TheTale: Zen & Charlotte, then!
[OOC] Charlotte: Err, +40%
[OOC] Maria: +40% SA, -20% back row
[OOC] TheTale: 174]!
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Maria [F]:11 Linlea [B]:12 Charlotte [F]:14 Antiquity Grief [F]:16 Antiquity Rage [B]:17 Eris [F]:18 A Branch Hits Linlea In The Face:27
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Grief : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Phantom Blade(2)
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Rage : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">= </span>]
Eris‘ hops back, shoves her hand into Linlea’s pocket, pulls the PDA and quickly types away at it.
Charlotte concentrates. [Reflection, 15 CT]
Linlea: "Can you at least refrain from doing that during combat? They might interpret that as you shifting rows."
TheTale: Zen!
Eris: "No, it's not that."
Zen looks at Rage, furrows his eyebrows. He points his right claw at Rage as a sigil glows on his armor. He rushes at Antiquitiy Rage and charges right into it with his shoulder [Yield Not, 47D]
Eris: "I think it's actually a barrier, not a punishment effect?"
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 52 ( Total: 52 ) for 80
Eris: "It's using non-standard names, at least."
Zen rolled 1d8+110 and got 4 ( Total: 114 ) for Physical Melee
[OOC] TheTale: 91]!
[OOC] Zen: HP: 479/700, MP: 520/600, LP: 4/8, SoS: 175
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Linlea [B]:1 Charlotte [F]:4 Antiquity Grief [F]:5 Antiquity Rage [B]:6 Eris [F]:7 A Branch Hits Linlea In The Face:16 Zen [F]:36
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Grief : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Phantom Blade(2)
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Rage : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">= </span>]
TheTale: Maria!
Zen steps back, facing the enemies [Direct Stance]
Maria slickes at the Rage totem. [Forward STrike, 50D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 89 ( Total: 89 )
[OOC] Maria: 1 luck
Maria rolled d10+120,80% and got 7 ( Total: 101.60000000000001 )
[OOC] Maria: +20% and +64 HP for SA after this
Charlotte: "Zen, that means you."
Zen suddenly dives forward, for another Rolling Crash [Rolling Crash - S.A.]
[OOC] Maria: It might be dead!
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 18 ( Total: 18 ) for 80 - Rolling anyway so Ice will stop crying on my shoulder
TheTale: Indeed - slain by Maria!
[OOC] Zen: Good!
Eris: "Yeah, it's definitely using a non-standard name. I'm GUESSING it's a defender, though."
Charlotte: "Or was."
Linlea pauses before she acts glancing around. "Uhm… is that thing still on me with it dead?"
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Charlotte [F]:3 Antiquity Grief [F]:4 Eris [F]:6 A Branch Hits Linlea In The Face:15 Zen [F]:35 Maria [F]:49
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Grief : [<span style="color: #008000;">========= </span>] Phantom Blade(2)
TheTale: …Yeah, it's still there.
TheTale: Linlea!
Eris: "Yes, but it may or may not matter."
Linlea: "Guess there's only one way to find out!"
TheTale: Antiquity Grief looks worried!
Linlea readies her bow and fires another shot. [Out of Your League - 60D | Mop Up | Try And Stop Me]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
[OOC] Linlea: 1 luck to crit.
Linlea rolled d12*2.5+182*2.5 and got 8 ( Total: 475.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 532]!
TheTale: It somersaults backwards into the back row!
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Antiquity Grief [B]:1 Eris [F]:3 A Branch Hits Linlea In The Face:12 Zen [F]:32 Maria [F]:46 Linlea [B]:57
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Grief : [<span style="color: #008000;">====== </span>] Phantom Blade(2)
TheTale: Charlotte!
Eris: "Wait."
Eris: "Hey!"
Eris‘ points accusingly at the Grief.
TheTale: …The aura dissipates.
Charlotte points her scythe at Grief, and its shadow flickers, ready to lash out at itself. [35D]
Eris: "You! Lurker!"
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 50] HP: 550/550, MP: 490/550, LP: 7/7, SoS: 137
Linlea: "… lurker?"
Eris: "Shouldn’t you be TAKING EXTRA DAMAGE with no one to hide behind?"
Linlea: "… it did, Eris."
TheTale: Battle order: Antiquity Grief [B]:0 Eris [F]:2 A Branch Hits Linlea In The Face:11 Zen [F]:31 Charlotte [F]:34 Maria [F]:45 Linlea [B]:56
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Grief : [<span style="color: #008000;">====== </span>]
TheTale: The Grief leaps forward and slams down onto Linlea!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 67 ( Total: 67 ) for 80
Linlea was too busy talking and took the hit for once.
Maria takes the blow. [Bodyguard, G.A.]
Maria: "Not on my watch."
Linlea: "Wow. I've got such great friends, thanks!"
TheTale rolled 1d12+330 and got 12 ( Total: 342.0 )
TheTale: Smashing into Maria for 342 physical damage!
Eris: "You should've let me take that, but oh well."
[OOC] Zen: Err… I was going to take it with super evasion but if you want it so much
Charlotte brings her hand up, and Grief's shadow tears into it. [Reflection trigger]
Charlotte rolled 1d12+162 and got 9 ( Total: 171.0 )
[OOC] Maria: HP: 208/550, MP: 550/550, LP: 10/10, SoS: 137 - SAs do +40% damage (U)
[OOC] TheTale: 222]!
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 A Branch Hits Linlea In The Face:9 Zen [F]:29 Charlotte [F]:32 Maria [F]:43 Linlea [B]:54 Antiquity Grief [B]:58
TheTale: Status for Antiquity Grief : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">==== </span>]
TheTale: Eris!
Charlotte then taps her scythe onto Eris's shadow, priming another. [Cascade quick]
Eris: "Also it did?" Eris tilts her head at Linlea. "I don't remember there being an indicator… hm. Maybe I *am* paying too much attention to this thing." She shrugs, handing the PDS back to Linlea, before giving Maria a [Spark], then rushing at the Grief. [60D]
Eris‘ rolled 1d100 and got 92 ( Total: 92 )
[OOC] Eris: -2LP
Eris` rolled d12+160 and got 1 ( Total: 161 ) for dmg first
TheTale: Wham! It’s a hit!
d8+100: 5 [Total: 105]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 266
[OOC] TheTale: 209]!
Zen surges into action! He delivers his [Rolling Crash - S.A]
Charlotte waves, and Eris's shadow also strikes the Grief.
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 ) for 80
Charlotte rolled 1d12+162 and got 5 ( Total: 167.0 )
Zen rolled 1d8+110,150 and got 4 ( Total: 171.0 ) for Physical, Melee
[OOC] TheTale: 217]! [205]!
TheTale: The Antiquity crumbles apart!
TheTale: Also, a branch hits Linlea in the face. Thwop!
Linlea topples over backwards landing on her back. "Ow ow ow!"
Zen: "You asked for it"
Charlotte: "You shouldn't taunt the narrator like that."
[OOC] TheTale: Got 13 EXP
Linlea slowly gets to her feet grumbling. "… huh. I guess this place would have one of those. I don't really try to think about it too much it kinda weirds me out."
Zen: "(Gotta hate it when the narrator is actually involved)"
Linlea: "And after meeting Joch once I think I'll take my chances being oblivious!"
Zen looks ahead, ship still moving? Nothing else on board?
[OOC] Maria: HP: 313/550, MP: 550/550, LP: 10/10, SoS: 137 - SAs do +0% damage (U)
TheTale: Ship's still moving. Coast is clear for now.
Charlotte: "Right, who needs healing after that?"
Eris: "Ugh it's really going to bug me that I don't know what that monster was doing now. Ah, well."
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 580/600, MP: 500/600, LP: 5/8, SoS: 150
[OOC] Zen: HP: 479/700, MP: 520/600, LP: 4/8, SoS: 175
Zen: "I can live"
Maria: "Just a bit."
[OOC] Eris: HP: 572/600, MP: 600/600, LP: 4/6, SoS: 150
Linlea grins before giving a thumbs up to Zen. "You're quite the trooper. Thanks for the help, buddy!" [+1 luck]
Zen smiles back
Charlotte nods to herself, then her shadow taps both Maria's and Zen's. [Recover x2]
Charlotte rolled 1d12+162 and got 11 ( Total: 173.0 )
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 550/550, MP: 370/550, LP: 7/7, SoS: 137
[OOC] Maria: HP: 486/550, MP: 550/550, LP: 10/10, SoS: 137 - SAs do +0% damage (U)
Linlea glances at the maid before pouting. "Not going to say how cool I was shooting down all those flowers? You really make me work for your affection Char~!"
Eris: "Better be careful Linlea, she might flirt back."
Charlotte giggles and ruffles Linlea's hair. "That was way too sugary, even for me." {+1 luck]
Linlea: "Let's not let our guard down yet, though. We aren't even at the fortress!"
Eris: "Mmhm."
TheTale: The Narthelius dips a little as it descends into a still, mirror-like lake, cutting free of the roots.
TheTale: A flock of swans take off.
TheTale: A tilted, stony tower, moss-covered, juts out from the middle of the water.
Eris: "Aaand, that's our fortress, yes?"
Linlea makes sure to glance around the ship as the flight continues to make sure nobody else got hurt from that.
Zen: "Here's to hoping it is"
[OOC] Linlea: Ahhh words
TheTale: …They pretty much left that one to you.
Eris: "Huh, I figured you'd be pretty familiar with hotly contested territory, all things considered Zen."
TheTale: And no, it's not your fortress. But you can see more of those strange statues hanging onto the balcony that seems to be the only entrance.
TheTale: …I wonder what it is?
TheTale: The Narthelius cuts onwards all the same.
Zen: "The fact i'm not familiar with this area might be a sign that it's not, isn't it?"
Linlea: "How did you get to Sycorax if you didn't come through here?"
Eris‘ rocks her head from side to side, then nods at Zen.
Zen: "Well"
Zen: "That’s actually the Company's secret"
Zen: "I hope you don't expect me to tell you"
TheTale: …And then, across the lake, into the forest, and then…
TheTale: The desert wasteland of the Denmarche comes into sight,
Linlea shakes her head. "Was just curious, is all. Don't want you to get in trouble."
Eris: "Sounds like 'underground passage'." A faint smile.
Zen: "Shh" that's playful, not really aggressive
TheTale: The Narthelius cuts forward out onto the dunes. You can see Fortress Naxel, to the east -
TheTale: A fortress built on the outside of what looks like two, tremendous kilns in the desert…
Eris: "And probably an old utility tunnel no one really know about at that~"
TheTale: …Or the cooling towers of a nuclear power plant.
TheTale: The red banners of the monster encampment surround it. The Narthelius wheels hard around, setting a direct course for it.
Linlea: "Best get ready. There's no way we aren't getting noticed flying on this."
Eris: "As this world appearssss to have once been a fair bit more advanced that we had been lead to believe!"
Charlotte: "That's… kind of ominous, yes."
Zen: "We're not seriously driving the entire ship in there are we?"
Zen: "No, of course not, it's staying back for artillery fire"
Linlea: "Dunno! You'd have to ask the captain I just knew he was taking us here."
Eris: "Who knows."
TheTale: Full speed ahead. And then…
Eris: "Hey Zen,"
TheTale: A geyser of sand, and the Narthelius shudders as a tremendous whale breaches directly in front of it.
Eris: "Do you know what those two things are? I'm assuming outright Maria doesn't." She says, pointing to the power plant towers.
Zen: "Hrm… No, they're old relics"
Eris: "… A."
Zen: "I'm not aware of any particular history about them"
Maria: "No, they just like like wide, metal towers to me."
Eris: "Linlea, I'm blaming you for this."
Eris‘ narrows her eyes at the whale.
TheTale: The Narthelius and the whale exchange cannon fire, and its boarding crew throw grapples onto the side of the ship -
Linlea: "… this reminds me of an old tale where a whale tried to jump on a ship. And a traveller repelled it with a parry five foot. Whatever that means."
Charlotte: "…I’ve heard of sand sharks, but a sand whale? Really?"
Zen looks at the whale as it vaults
TheTale: And the Whale lifts itself up, its baleen luminous, and -
Zen: "Now the question is, is it a monster"
TheTale: The Narthelius takes evasive action, pulling away from its attack approach to avoid the main gun.
TheTale: The captain shouts down from the bridge:
TheTale: "Knights errant! Look lively! You've got a monster to slay!"
Zen: "The answer, yes it is"
TheTale: "We're gonna cleave to that thing's side to avoid the main gun. Bleed it out."
Linlea chews at her lip. "Why is it my fault, exactly?"
Maria readies her axe, heading over toward the whale.
Eris: "I only remember ever hearing about these dumb things in stories Jack was telling about you and your boyfriend's last vacation spot."
Eris‘ braces, preparing for impact with the whale.
Linlea: "This is a sand whale, Eris. It’s completely different!"
Charlotte: "Most whales don't have a 'main gun', it's true."
Eris: "It's a whale with a gosh darned gattling lin growing out of it!"
[OOC] Eris: gatling gun^
[OOC] Linlea: Gatling lin
[OOC] Maria: Well, she does carry around a shield with a gatling gun built in….
Zen goes up to the deck, readying "Why wouldn't a whale carry a weapon, though?"
Zen: "This is the middle of a battlefield!
Eris‘ rubs at her face with a hand.
Eris: "I’m not even sure how to reply to that."
Maria: "He has strange ideas of normal. We're not all like that."
Eris: "Other than killing it. Lets get on with the killing. Yes."
TheTale: The Narthelius steers close to the side of the whale.
TheTale: A party of boarders manage to rappel onto the ship - three of them Yhe Holmat soldiers, shaggy and horned, and three squat, ferocious looking hexapedal lizards.
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Grunt Troop D [F]:1 Eris [F]:2 Grunt Troop A [F]:2 Grunt Troop B [F]:2 Grunt Troop C [F]:2 Harnus, the Proudwhale [B]:3 Linlea [B]:4 Ruin Drake A [F]:4 Zen [F]:5 Charlotte [F]:5 Ruin Drake C [F]:6 Ruin Drake B [F]:9 Second Boarding Party:204
TheTale: Status for Harnus, the Proudwhale : [<span style="color: #008000;">====================</span>]
TheTale: Status for Grunt Troop A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Grunt Troop B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Grunt Troop C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Ruin Drake A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Ruin Drake B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Ruin Drake C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Maria!
Eris: "Good Goddess, it even has ground troops!"
Maria strikes at Grunt Troop A! [After Me, 57D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
Zen looks at the whale, chuckles "Harnus, isn't it?!" he shouts at it "I've heard of you"
Zen: "Pity we're on opposite sides"
TheTale: "Ha!" Its shout is earth-shakingly loud.
Maria rolled d10+120,200% and got 9 ( Total: 258.0 ) for Crit, +30% to next attack before this monster's turn
TheTale: "Me on the surface, you destined for the locker…"
TheTale: "Sounds about right."
[OOC] TheTale: 258]! The soldier's thrown aside, and shredded by the Narthelius' prow!
TheTale: A fiery intensity burns in the remaining troops! [Payback]!
Zen: "Sorry"
Zen: "But you're going to have to find another whale"
[OOC] Maria: HP: 486/550, MP: 550/550, LP: 9/10, SoS: 137 - SAs do +10% damage (U)
Eris: "Wait, you know this guy?"
TheTale: Grunt Troop D dashes towards Linlea, swinging its halberd, slashing down sailors on the way for her -
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 39 ( Total: 39 ) for Sledgehammer 80
Zen: "Haven't met him myself, but mom and dad worked with him a few years ago"
Eris‘ rolls in front of Linlea, taking the hit instead! [Guard Assist]
TheTale rolled 1d12*1.4+202*1.4 and got 8 ( Total: 293.99999999999994 )
TheTale: Slashing into Eris for 293 physical damage! It’s wide open!
[OOC] Eris: +50 HP to Maria, Linlean, Zen and Charlotte
Linlea smiles. "Thanks, Eris!"
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Grunt Troop B [F]:0 Grunt Troop C [F]:0 Harnus, the Proudwhale [B]:1 Linlea [B]:2 Ruin Drake A [F]:2 Zen [F]:3 Charlotte [F]:3 Ruin Drake C [F]:4 Ruin Drake B [F]:7 Maria [F]:55 Grunt Troop D [F]:59 Second Boarding Party:202
TheTale: Status for Harnus, the Proudwhale : [<span style="color: #008000;">====================</span>]
TheTale: Status for Grunt Troop B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Grunt Troop C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Ruin Drake A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Ruin Drake B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Ruin Drake C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Eris!
[OOC] Eris: Dispersing 26 damage to Maria, Linlea, Zen, Charlotte and myself
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 54] HP: 550/550, MP: 370/550, LP: 7/7, SoS: 137
Eris‘ swings her hammer around a few times, before jumping up into the air and shimming [Spark to self], then crashes down into the whale with force. [Kingpin] [70D]
Eris` rolled 1d100 and got 43 ( Total: 43 )
Eris` rolled d12+320,160% and got 1 ( Total: 513.6 ) for Prime Load
Eris` rolled d8+100 and got 6 ( Total: 106 ) for spark
Eris` then whistles in Maria’s direction. [-9D]
[OOC] Eris: errrrr
[OOC] Eris: Actually that's probably not a super
[OOC] Eris: Threat or Boss?
[OOC] TheTale: Boss!
[OOC] TheTale: 449]!
Eris‘ rolled d12+240,160% and got 7 ( Total: 395.20000000000005 ) for damage, then
Eris` rolled d12+240,140% and got 10 ( Total: 350.0 ) for damage, then
[OOC] Eris: my bad!
[OOC] TheTale: 350]!
[OOC] Eris: and then -6D for Maria
[OOC] Maria: I’ll take it!
TheTale: Grunt Troops B and C perform leaping strikes for Linlea!
TheTale rolled 2d100 and got 45, 46 ( Total: 91 )
Linlea: "They haven't even seen me fight, this is so unfair how could they KNOW?"
Eris: "You seem really popular today, darling!"
Zen: "Linlea"
Zen: "That thing I said about monsters having a tactical internet?"
Maria takes the blow from Troop C. [Bodyguard, G.A.]
Zen: "Imagine just how everyone now knows how you fight"
TheTale rolled 1d12*1.4+202*1.4 and got 8 ( Total: 293.99999999999994 )
Also rolled 1d12*1.2+202*1.2 and got 8 [Total: 251.99999999999997 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 545.9999999999999, Avg: 8.00
TheTale: Inflicting 293 physical damage to Maria and 251 physical damage to Linlea!
TheTale: They're left open!
[OOC] Maria: HP: 247/550, MP: 550/550, LP: 9/10, SoS: 137 - SAs do +10% damage (U)
TheTale: The Proudwhale fires [Sky Torpedoes]!
TheTale: They go shooting up into the air…
TheTale rolled 2d10 and got 9, 3 ( Total: 12 )
Linlea stares at the torpedos.
Eris: "Uhh… no idea."
Linlea: "Yeah, see Eris. This has torpedoes. The other one had lasers. Totally different!"
Eris: "Oh, shut up."
TheTale: They embed themselves in the deck. You can hear the fuses burning….
TheTale: One's in the front, near Eris, the other is in the back, near Linlea.
TheTale: The whale begins charging power…
Eris: "Oh come on, we don't get any prompts for THIS, really?"
Linlea: "Just take it off the deck and throw it!"
TheTale: And it kicks its mighty tail, burning forward, trying to maneuver to fire its gun!
Eris: "At least a warning that they're targettable."
TheTale: "Don't let it get ahead of us! That thing can rip the Narthelius to shreds."
Linlea: "I'm not touching mine, though. If I try to lift it I'm going to get jumped by four of… whatever those guys are."
Linlea: "They need to go first."
Zen: "Can't you do that thing again where you hit everyone? Grunt troopers are not the most resilient of the bunch"
Eris: "Ugh, no, you don't touch them, they need to be destroyed or they explode."
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Ruin Drake A [F]:0 Zen [F]:1 Charlotte [F]:1 Ruin Drake C [F]:2 Ruin Drake B [F]:5 Torpedo [150] [B]:29 Maria [F]:47 Harnus, the Proudwhale [B]:49 Grunt Troop D [F]:57 Grunt Troop B [F]:58 Grunt Troop C [F]:58 Main Gun:59 Eris [F]:68 Torpedo [450] [F]:89 Second Boarding Party:200
TheTale: Status for Harnus, the Proudwhale : [<span style="color: #008000;">================== </span>] Full Power in…(3)
TheTale: Status for Grunt Troop B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Grunt Troop C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Ruin Drake A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Ruin Drake B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Ruin Drake C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Torpedo [450] : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Torpedo [150] : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Linlea!
Zen: "I can keep you covered if you do that
Linlea: "Can't you use your muscle and throw it into the whales mouth as it's about to fire its ultimate attack, Eris?"
Maria: "That's why they're grunts."
Eris: "No, it's a special boss ability."
Eris: "I don't have the entire table full of monster bullshit memorized, but I recognize this one."
Linlea quietly sighs to herself before pulling one, two, … eight arrows from her quiver and loads them all into her bow. "This is getting a bit ridiculous, you know that?" [Out of Your League - 60D | All Over]
Linlea rolled 8d100 and got 91, 19, 40, 60, 20, 95, 57, 53 ( Total: 435 ) for 80
[OOC] Linlea: I'll miss proud whale and Ruin Drake C
TheTale: Boarding party monsters are level 1!
TheTale: The Proudwhale is Level 3!
[OOC] Eris: sadly the torpedos are in OUR group so I don't think you get them with a GT move :(
Linlea rolled d12+210 and got 1 ( Total: 211.0 ) for Group damage
[OOC] TheTale: And yeah, I don't think torpedoes get hit by GT moves.
[OOC] TheTale: 274] [274] [274] to the remaining grunt troops! They're slain!
[OOC] Linlea: All Over - Refresh!
[OOC] TheTale: 211] [211] [211] to the Drakes!
TheTale: They snarl and stare down Linlea!
Linlea: "Ever get that feeling that you're about to get jumped, Eris?"
Eris: "Oooh, so many ways to answer that. But only one opportunity to do so. Life truely is difficult at times, dear!"
TheTale: The Ruin Drake A jumps for Linlea! [Arm Shred]
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 29 ( Total: 29 )
Zen runs suddenly, dragging Linlea around and putting himself between her and Drake A [Brass Reflector - G.A.]
TheTale rolled 1d10+180 and got 6 ( Total: 186.0 )
TheTale: Hitting Zen for 186 physical damage!
[OOC] Zen: HP: 518/700, MP: 520/600, LP: 5/8, SoS: 175
Linlea: "Thanks again, buddy!"
TheTale: The arrow embedded into Harnus' side seems to have struck true - it winces in pain, thrown off a little from its course.
TheTale: …Maybe if you do about 300 more damage?
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:0 Ruin Drake C [F]:3 Ruin Drake B [F]:6 Torpedo [150] [B]:28 Maria [F]:46 Harnus, the Proudwhale [B]:48 Ruin Drake A [F]:49 Main Gun:58 Linlea [B]:59 Eris [F]:67 Torpedo [450] [F]:88 Second Boarding Party:199
TheTale: Status for Harnus, the Proudwhale : [<span style="color: #008000;">=============== </span>] Full Power in…(3)
TheTale: Status for Ruin Drake A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Ruin Drake B : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Ruin Drake C : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Torpedo [450] : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Torpedo [150] : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Zen! Charlotte!
Zen then turns around runs at the Torpedo[150] and drives his claws into it, keeping an eye on Linlea [Covering Strike, 45D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 ) for 80
Zen rolled 1d8+90 and got 8 ( Total: 98 )
Linlea: "Hrm… that whale is going to destroy the ship if we don't hit it right now, though."
[OOC] TheTale: 98]! It rattles.
TheTale: Charlotte!
Eris: "I'll chain off Charlotte as she tears through everything."
Zen jumps back, right side towards the enemy, in fornt of Linlea [Magical Stance]
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Ruin Drake C [F]:3 Ruin Drake B [F]:6 Torpedo [150] [B]:28 Zen [F]:45 Maria [F]:46 Harnus, the Proudwhale [B]:48 Ruin Drake A [F]:49 Main Gun:58 Linlea [B]:59 Eris [F]:67 Torpedo [450] [F]:88 Second Boarding Party:199
TheTale: Status for Harnus, the Proudwhale : [<span style="color: #008000;">============== </span>] Full Power in…(3)
TheTale: Status for Ruin Drake A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Ruin Drake B : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Ruin Drake C : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Torpedo [450] : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Torpedo [150] : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">==== </span>]
Eris: "Or well."
Charlotte swings her scythe in the air, her shadow lashing out to hit the whale, two drakes, and a torpedo! [Scatter Rave, 60D]
Eris: "You should chain off her, you're ranged."
Charlotte rolled 4d100 and got 55, 79, 98, 14 ( Total: 246 ) for 85
[OOC] Charlotte: 2 luck to reduce the 98!
Linlea: "Did anyone actually hit the whale, though?"
Charlotte: "Eris did!"
Eris: "I did!"
Charlotte rolled 1d12+135 and got 6 ( Total: 141.0 )
TheTale: Oh, you missed the whale, did you…?
TheTale: …I guess it's too late to go back and fix it now.
TheTale: Dammit.
[OOC] TheTale: 141] to all four! Drakes B and C are slain!
[OOC] Maria: HP: 247/550, MP: 550/550, LP: 9/10, SoS: 137 - SAs do +60% damage (U)
TheTale: The torpedo's defused!
Linlea follows up with an arrow straight into Harnus! [Forward Artillery]
Linlea rolled d12*1.6+140*1.6 and got 9 ( Total: 238.4 )
TheTale: Roll a d100!
[OOC] TheTale: 238]! The whale's forced off course!
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 89 ( Total: 89 )
TheTale: I mean, assuming you luck that for a hit.
[OOC] Eris: and a luck :D
[OOC] Linlea: 1 luck!
TheTale: The whale's forced off course!
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Maria [F]:1 Harnus, the Proudwhale [B]:3 Ruin Drake A [F]:4 Linlea [B]:14 Charlotte [F]:15 Eris [F]:22 Torpedo [450] [F]:43 Second Boarding Party:154
TheTale: Status for Harnus, the Proudwhale : [<span style="color: #008000;">============ </span>] Full Power in…(3)
TheTale: Status for Ruin Drake A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Torpedo [450] : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Zen!
Linlea: "I'll shoot the torpedo next. I think I can hit it hard enough. Not one hit wonder enough but, y'know."
Eris: "It has more HP than the weaker one did."
Zen considers… And points at the Torpedo[450], runes glowing on his armor. He drives his claws into it [Yield Not, 40D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 73 ( Total: 73 )
Eris: "And no level."
TheTale: It's a hit!
Zen rolled 1d8+90 and got 8 ( Total: 98 )
[OOC] TheTale: 98]!
Linlea: "… oh. I assumed it would hit hard. Maybe not, then!"
Zen jumps back, facing the enemies, still glowing
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Harnus, the Proudwhale [B]:2 Ruin Drake A [F]:3 Linlea [B]:13 Charlotte [F]:14 Eris [F]:21 Zen [F]:39 Torpedo [450] [F]:42 Second Boarding Party:153
TheTale: Status for Harnus, the Proudwhale : [<span style="color: #008000;">============ </span>] Full Power in…(3)
TheTale: Status for Ruin Drake A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Torpedo [450] : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Maria!
Eris: "No, I mean, it's going to take more effort to break this torpeado than the other one took."
Maria strikes at the remaining Ruin Drake! [Forward Strike, 50D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 58 ( Total: 58 )
TheTale: It's a hit!
Eris: "All yours, Zen."
Maria rolled d10+120 and got 3 ( Total: 123.0 ) for +20% and +64 HP for SA following
[OOC] TheTale: 123]!
Zen runs ahead, and delivers his [Rolling Crash -S.A.]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 57 ( Total: 57 ) for 80
Zen rolled 1d8+110,180 and got 4 ( Total: 205.20000000000002 )
[OOC] TheTale: 205]! It's slain!
[OOC] Maria: HP: 247/550, MP: 550/550, LP: 9/10, SoS: 137 - SAs do +70% damage (U)
Eris: "When in the world did you get so hurt?"
Linlea: "She took a hit for me!"
Maria: "Then."
Eris: "Ah, right."
TheTale: Harnus begins charging [Ceta Sweep - CT20]!
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Charlotte [F]:1 Eris [F]:8 Harnus, the Proudwhale [B]:9 Zen [F]:26 Torpedo [450] [F]:29 Maria [F]:37 Second Boarding Party:140
TheTale: Status for Harnus, the Proudwhale : [<span style="color: #008000;">============ </span>] Full Power in…(3)
TheTale: Status for Torpedo [450] : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>]
TheTale: Linlea!
Linlea fires off an arrow at the Torpedo! [Attack - 60D]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 ) for 80
TheTale: It's embedded into it!
Linlea rolled d12+140 and got 3 ( Total: 143.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 143]!
Linlea: "This doesn't seem safe at all."
Eris: "Hmm, then Charlotte can scatter into both… I'll see if it needs another tap after she hits."
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Eris [F]:7 Harnus, the Proudwhale [B]:8 Zen [F]:25 Torpedo [450] [F]:28 Maria [F]:36 Linlea [B]:59 Second Boarding Party:139
TheTale: Status for Harnus, the Proudwhale : [<span style="color: #008000;">============ </span>] Full Power in…(3)
TheTale: Status for Torpedo [450] : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Charlotte! Eris!
Charlotte swings her scythe again, her shadow tearing into both the whale and the remaining torpedo! [Scatter Rave, 60D]
Charlotte rolled 2d100 and got 11, 19 ( Total: 30 ) for 85
[OOC] Charlotte: 1 luck to crit the whale
Charlotte rolled 1d12+135 and got 7 ( Total: 142.0 )
[OOC] Charlotte: 284 to the whale
[OOC] TheTale: 284] [142]!
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 54] HP: 550/550, MP: 370/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137
Eris‘ spins around, slamming her hammer into the side of the torpedo. [SA]
Eris` rolled 1d100 and got 2 ( Total: 2 )
TheTale: Wham!
Eris` rolled d12+160,170% and got 7 ( Total: 283.9 )
TheTale: It explodes! …In a safe way.
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Harnus, the Proudwhale [B]:1 Zen [F]:18 Maria [F]:29 Linlea [B]:52 Charlotte [F]:53 Second Boarding Party:132
Charlotte: "See? It’s perfectly safe…ish."
TheTale: Status for Harnus, the Proudwhale : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">========== </span>] Full Power in…(3)
TheTale: Eris!
Linlea: "Still wondering why you couldn't have just thrown it off the ship."
Eris‘ then exhales slowly, sending a [High Spark] Maria’s way, before spinnign her hammer around her body twice and slamming it into the whale. [Just Match]
Eris‘ rolled 1d100 and got 31 ( Total: 31 )
Zen: "Likely to explode on your hands if you try"
Eris` rolled d12+320 and got 1 ( Total: 321 )
[OOC] TheTale: 321]!
Eris: "Don’t look at me, I don't write the rules of engagement."
Eris‘ rolled d10+150 and got 4 ( Total: 154 ) for maria heals
Charlotte lashes out with her shadow as well! [Umbral Slash, S.A.]
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 73 ( Total: 73 ) for 85
[OOC] Maria: HP: 401/550, MP: 550/550, LP: 9/10, SoS: 137 - SAs do +70% damage (U)
Charlotte rolled 1d12+135 and got 11 ( Total: 146.0 ) for -15 delay for Charlotte
[OOC] Eris: Oh uh 60D, also
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 429/600, MP: 450/600, LP: 5/8, SoS: 150
TheTale: The Whale opens ventral ducts and fires sweeping spirals of blue light across the party!
TheTale rolled 1d12+150 and got 9 ( Total: 159.0 )
TheTale: Burning all targets for 159 magical Undine damage!
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 270/600, MP: 450/600, LP: 5/8, SoS: 150
[OOC] Zen: Eeeehhh, we can take it
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 445/550, MP: 370/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137
[OOC] Zen: HP: 389/700, MP: 440/600, LP: 5/8, SoS: 175
[OOC] Zen: Or not
Zen jumps ahead, turns around, the glow from his armor’s runes spread out, like a shield "Not quite" [Impact Guard, 3/5ths defense mod]
TheTale: The shield holds, deflecting the brunt of the beam!
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 334/600, MP: 450/600, LP: 5/8, SoS: 150
[OOC] Zen: HP: 441/700, MP: 440/600, LP: 5/8, SoS: 175
TheTale: The whale fires an anchor into Linlea! [It's targettable!]
Eris: "Nice."
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 509/550, MP: 370/550, LP: 4/7, SoS: 137
TheTale: …And veers around for another attack run!
Zen: "Those things again"
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Maria [F]:11 Charlotte [F]:20 Harnus, the Proudwhale [B]:23 Linlea [B]:34 Eris [F]:42 Main Gun:43 Second Boarding Party:114
TheTale: Status for Harnus, the Proudwhale : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">======= </span>] Full Power in…(2)
TheTale: Status for Battle Anchor : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Zen!
Linlea takes a step back. "Woah! Careful with that thing!"
Linlea: "Firing off 8 arrows again is going to suck without the suit to soak it by the way."
Zen turns around in a dime and jumps on the whale's back, drives his claws into it "Over here, you big lug!" [Beat Parry, 47D]
Eris: "Really, really popular today, Linlea~" A little more sing-songy than normal, the etheral bells that can be heard when she speaks a bit more clear than normal, too.
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 ) for 80
TheTale: It's a hit!
Zen rolled 1d8+110 and got 4 ( Total: 114 ) for -30% damage towards not-me
[OOC] Zen: HP: 441/700, MP: 400/600, LP: 5/8, SoS: 175
[OOC] TheTale: 114]!
Maria: "Alright, let's turn this around. After that whale!" [Turning Point + Slice, 50D]
Linlea feels around on her back for a 'please hit me' sign.
[OOC] Maria: HP: 324/550, MP: 490/550, LP: 9/10, SoS: 137 - SAs do +100% damage (U)
Eris‘ didn’t put one there, honest. How could you even suspect her. :(
[OOC] Maria: +100% lol
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Harnus, the Proudwhale [B]:3 Linlea [B]:14 Eris [F]:22 Main Gun:23 Zen [F]:27 Maria [F]:41 Second Boarding Party:94
TheTale: Status for Harnus, the Proudwhale : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">====== </span>] Full Power in…(2)
TheTale: Status for Battle Anchor : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Charlotte!
Charlotte slashes out at the whale! [Backstab, 60D]
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 23 ( Total: 23 ) for 85
[OOC] Maria: anyone who hits the Whale will get their SA back on my next turn
TheTale: Slice!
Charlotte rolled 1d12+175 and got 3 ( Total: 178.0 )
Maria follows up with a strike of her own! [S.A.]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 61 ( Total: 61 )
Maria rolled d10+120,200% and got 4 ( Total: 248.0 )
TheTale: It's thrown off the attack run!
TheTale: Battle order: Harnus, the Proudwhale [B]:0 Linlea [B]:11 Eris [F]:19 Zen [F]:24 Maria [F]:38 Charlotte [F]:57 Second Boarding Party:91
TheTale: Status for Harnus, the Proudwhale : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">=== </span>] Full Power in…(2)
TheTale: Status for Battle Anchor : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
Linlea: "You think these guys are going to jump on with their whale down?"
TheTale: Harnus veers around and rams the Narthelius head on, biting down onto the deck!
Eris: "No, I think the whale is going to collapse and they're going to be far too short to do so."
Charlotte: "Only one way to find out!"
TheTale: Its fangs chomp down onto Zen, Charlotte and Linlea!
Eris: "And then get bombarded."
TheTale rolled 3d100 and got 70, 60, 96 ( Total: 226 ) for 60 each
TheTale: …But they dodge out of the way! I mean, I presume Charlotte does.
Linlea takes a step back.
[OOC] Charlotte: One luck to dodge
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 509/550, MP: 370/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 137
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Eris [F]:8 Zen [F]:13 Maria [F]:27 Charlotte [F]:46 Main Gun:49 Harnus, the Proudwhale [B]:59 Second Boarding Party:80
TheTale: Status for Harnus, the Proudwhale : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">=== </span>] Full Power in…(1)
TheTale: Status for Battle Anchor : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Linlea!
TheTale: Blood's streaming out onto the sand.
TheTale: This beast…
TheTale: …You've got its number.
Linlea fires another arrow into Harnus! [Attack - Try and Stop Me 60D]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 49 ( Total: 49 ) for 80
TheTale: Strikes its eye!
Linlea: "The real reason that battle anchor is here is to stop me from becoming stronger since he isn't the only target."
Linlea rolled d12*1.3+140*1.3 and got 2 ( Total: 184.6 )
[OOC] TheTale: 184]!
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Zen [F]:5 Maria [F]:19 Charlotte [F]:38 Main Gun:41 Harnus, the Proudwhale [B]:51 Linlea [B]:52 Second Boarding Party:72
TheTale: Status for Harnus, the Proudwhale : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">== </span>] Full Power in…(1)
TheTale: Status for Battle Anchor : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Eris!
TheTale: Charlotte…
Linlea: "Also I'm pretty sure they can ride the anchor to the ship?"
Eris: "Shh, shh, shh."
TheTale: Are you the kind of person that never uses an elixir because 'I might need them'…
Eris: "It's okay dear."
TheTale: And then when the final boss fight is surprisingly easy, you have like, thirty left..?
[OOC] Zen: That was a Technique, wasn't it, btw?
[OOC] TheTale: Yup.
TheTale: Oh, oh, sorry. I should be accusing Maria of that.
TheTale: Maria, are you, etc etc, the kind of person…
[OOC] Maria: yes
TheTale: Even if it would have been really useful in previous fights…?
[OOC] Charlotte: Yes
TheTale: Ah…
TheTale: Well…
TheTale: I can tell.
Linlea glances at Eris. "… uhm."
Linlea: "Am I going…? You know what, never mind."
Eris: "Going what?" She slams her hammer into the whale. [Kingpin] [70D]
Eris‘ rolled 1d100 and got 57 ( Total: 57 )
Linlea: "Crazy!"
Eris` rolled d12+240 and got 4 ( Total: 244 )
[OOC] Eris: -6D for Linlea
[OOC] TheTale: 244]!
Eris: "Well. To answer your question, a question for you:"
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Maria [F]:14 Charlotte [F]:33 Main Gun:36 Linlea [B]:41 Harnus, the Proudwhale [B]:46 Eris [F]:65 Second Boarding Party:67
TheTale: Status for Harnus, the Proudwhale : [] Full Power in…(1)
TheTale: Status for Battle Anchor : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Zen!
Eris: "Why do you suspect you might be going crazy?"
Zen stretches out both of his arms "Told you to pay attention to me" he brings down both of his claws "I’ll tear you apart!" he starts pulling apart "Zornhau!"
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 41 ( Total: 41 ) for 80
Zen rolled 1d8+330 and got 1 ( Total: 331 )
[OOC] TheTale: 331]!
TheTale: Shred, shred, shred.
TheTale: …There's a shuddering noise, and for a moment, time seems to stop…
TheTale: …And then, a piercing, bright noise, and a shockwave of stardust.
TheTale: …Way to go!
Zen jumps back to the ship
Eris‘ doesn’t have time to wait for Linlea to answer, grabs her instead and jumps back onto their allied ship before the whale explodes.
[OOC] TheTale: Got 16 EXP
Linlea: "Hey, hey, hey!"
Maria stands back down. "Hmmm. This keeps happening."
TheTale: The corpse of the whale slips beneath the sands - the boarding party leaps to safety.
Eris: "What, did you want to fall?"
Linlea: "I was going to wait until the very last moment and jump back to our ship, Eris!"
Eris: "You would have messed it up, your reflexes are dreadful."
Linlea goes silent, quietly pouting to herself.
TheTale: The Narthelius comes hard aboard. It sails up a hill overlooking the fortress -
TheTale: And its cannons blaze.
Eris: "Tut tut, I'm simply looking out for you, no need to frown."
TheTale: Monster forces are forced to charge, running to furrows in the dunes, taking cover from its mighty cannons -
TheTale: But it rips them to shreds. Prospero knights descend from the ship, swords in hand, defeating the stragglers and taking the fortress.
Linlea glances at Eris and Charlotte before speaking up after a moment. "… did either of you see that thing when you were sleeping, though?"
Eris: "What thing?"
Charlotte: "You mean that very silly interlude?"
Eris‘ watches the battle from aboard the ship. Doesn’t… seem like there's any reason for them go jump down?
Linlea: "… D2 said the caravan was going to get targetted when we were busy attacking this fortress."
Eris: "Ah. No, I did not, in fact, have any encounters with DS while sleeping. You both did?"
Zen: "Yes, he did"
Zen: "He's an asshole, however"
Eris: "Well."
Linlea nods. "… that's what you get for staying up all night with a PDA."
Eris: "If more than one person saw it, I think we can assume it happened."
Eris: "Ergo."
Eris: "Escape rope time. Captain! We're done here, yes?"
Linlea: "… we need to at least ensure we took the fortress."
Maria: "Anything further you need from us, sir? Should we head in with the other soldiers?"
Eris: "I'm double checking right now, but I'm fairly certain they only needed us for taking out the two bosses."
TheTale: The captain: "In terms of responsibility…"
TheTale: "I'd say you've more than acquitted yourself."
Eris: "Good luck with the clean up then!"
TheTale: "The crew of the Narthelius, and the second regiment, will be happy to see you back."
TheTale: "Should…" He puts his hands in his coat, overlooking the battle below.
TheTale: …It's a little one-sided.
Eris‘ pulls a rope out of no where, tosses it into the sky, and then vanishes. [Escape Rope: Pure of Heart Cafe]
Maria: "My friends are worried about something that might be happening back at the city, so we’ll be taking a shortcut. Good luck, Captain!"
[OOC] Maria: we can grab onto the rope too, right?
[OOC] Maria: or one person each?
[OOC] Zen: Don't we ALL have one each?
[OOC] TheTale: ~ Doesn't matter ~, you can restock at the cafe.
[OOC] Maria: I want to know for resupply reasons!
Zen looks at Maria, Eris, then at the captain "Don't worry, we'll go on our own"
Linlea nods to the captain before scrambling to catch up to Eris. "Wait uuuuup!"
Charlotte curtsies to the captain. "Until next we meet, sir."
Charlotte then uses her own escape rope.
TheTale: The captain watches the rope spiral them away into unseen space.
TheTale: "…Seems useful."
TheTale: THE BALANCE OF POWER SHIFTS: Palazza Vita moves into Rank 2, knocking down Yhe Holmat.
[OOC] Maria: HP: 324/550, MP: 490/550, LP: 9/10, SoS: 137 - SAs do +0% damage (U)
[OOC] Eris: HP: 537/600, MP: 590/600, LP: 4/6, SoS: 150
[OOC] Linlea: [SHP: 80] HP: 334/600, MP: 450/600, LP: 5/8, SoS: 150
TheTale: The rope extends you down into The Pure of Heart's roomy broom closet.
[OOC] Zen: HP: 441/700, MP: 400/600, LP: 5/8, SoS: 175
TheTale: Alice is waiting for you out front, over a cup of tea.
Eris‘ shoves the door open, rolls out, rolls to her feet.
Eris: "No time to talk, sorry!"
Eris` then sprints out the building and towards the caravan.
Linlea bows her head apologetically to Alice. "Still weird seeing you like that, but we’ll talk later!" She runs after Eris.
Charlotte taps Maria, Linlea, and Zen's shadows along the way. [Recover x3]
Charlotte rolled 1d12+162 and got 6 ( Total: 168.0 )
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 509/550, MP: 190/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 137
[OOC] Linlea: [SHP: 80] HP: 502/600, MP: 450/600, LP: 5/8, SoS: 150
[OOC] Zen: HP: 609/700, MP: 400/600, LP: 5/8, SoS: 175
Zen looks, looks at Alice "Think the caravan may be in trouble, anyway, later Alice" he runs after Eris and Linlea
Eris: "Herbal blend while you can Charlotte!"
TheTale: Alice straps on her gauntlet and heads along. If there's trouble, then…!
Maria grabs a few more ropes before nodding to Alice and heading after the others.
TheTale: Things seem… ordinary at the caravan, though. Trammeletya's on lookout. Sophia and the Doctor are arguing about something.
Charlotte will also use all three Herbal Blends along the way.
TheTale: Seems the supplies came through - they're cooking food
TheTale: .
Zen: "May well keep them warned"
Zen: "I don't know those people so" he looks at Eris
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 509/550, MP: 283/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 137
Eris: "Trammeletya!" Eris shouts as loud as she can on the approach.
TheTale: "Eris!"
TheTale: Her distinctive ears are buried under a thick, furry hat.
Linlea slows down her stride slightly when she spots that they are in fact safe.
Eris‘ glances around, slowing down. "…Anything weird been happening?" She glances towords Sophia and the Doctor. "Shut up and get over here, too!"
Linlea: "Be nice to Orom, geeze! They should definitely be listening but we aren’t as rushed as we thought."
Eris: "D2 said he was going to hit the caravan. Doesn't look like that's happened yet though…?"
TheTale: "Weird stuff has been happening," Tram says. "But I mean, none of it pointed at us."
Charlotte: "Weird stuff, such as?"
TheTale: "There's… apparently been some kind of prison escape? Three. Somebody died in it. They took in Jack and Leto for questioning for a while, but let them off… I mean, only so much trouble the knights can give you, I guess."
Maria: "…"
TheTale: "Their prince… went missing too. There's a special guard looking for him. And they're all… they're all really armed."
Linlea scratches at her cheek before frowning. "… maybe he intends to frame someone for it?"
Zen blinks "Three escaping from prision? That may have been me and Maria, sorry"
Linlea slowly glances at Zen.
TheTale: "Not gonna turn yourself in, are you…?" She shrugs. "No, no, no big deal. Uh… it didn't sound like they had a description, though, or even knew who was missing."
Linlea: "You guys were convicts?"
Charlotte: "…While Zen's a mercenary playing both sides, you don't exactly seem the type to get thrown into prison, Maria."
Maria: "We died."
Zen: "Wasn't prision proper, but the revival vaults"
Zen: "We… Skipped the line"
Maria: "Yesker revived us and he's the one who killed a guard on the way out."
Linlea: "… Yesker?"
Eris: "Ah, I see."
Maria: "Horned motorcycle hero. Think he's a Pure Heart, actually."
Eris: "Jack and Leto are fine now, however?"
Maria: "He's okay for a monster."
Linlea nods to Maria. "Huh. Wonder if I know them?"
Maria: "Which is not something I normally say. Wish he hadn't killed the guard, though."
TheTale: "Low on sleep." Trammeletya says. "So I'm taking double watch."
TheTale: "…What a pain."
Eris‘ cross her arms over her chest, still scanning the area.
Eris: "Maybe it was a bluff…?"
Linlea: "Oi, Orom! How’s that side project you're working on going?"
Eris: "Alimeus," Eris corrects.
Linlea rolls her eyes. "I can't remember all these new names."
Eris: "Hence the assist."
TheTale: The doctor smiles thinly at Linlea.
Maria: "Do you people change names when you go to a different city or something?"
TheTale: "It's often wise," The doctor says.
Eris: "Some of them do."
Linlea: "Plus with the name eater gone we don't really have to worry about that aspect of it anymore."
TheTale: "Think of it as medical discretion." He waves, heading vaguely towards his own tent.
Charlotte: "And yet, he's the only one with a surname."
TheTale: "There's something I'd like to show you. Come along."
Linlea nods before following after him.
Maria: "Oh right, that was his full name. The biker. Yesker Sen."
Maria follows after the doctor.
Eris‘ glances over at Sophia. "Maybe get someone else to keep a look out, just in case? And have someone get our attention ASAP if some asshole shows up looking for trouble."
TheTale: "You mean, the lookout Trammeletya’s on…?"
TheTale: "But yeah, I'll do just that."
TheTale: "Didn't get this caravan this far by being an idiot," Sophia says.
Eris: "Right, I mean, double up. The guy that made the threat is Bad News."
TheTale: The doctor: He has a patient on a makeshift bedroll. His tent is crowded with alchemical equipment. A mechanical mouse perches on a bit of glasswork, nodding like a guard on watch.
TheTale: …Not one of the caravaneers, either.
Eris‘ smiles. "Sorry, I didn’t mean you imply you were. I'm simply worried." She gives a slight curtsey to Sophiam then goes to catch up with Alimeus and the others.
TheTale: "Me too." Sophia says, giving Eris her best smile.
TheTale: …I mean, she's trying.
TheTale: ..
TheTale: "My first hypothesis," The doctor says, flipping through his notebooks.
Linlea nods. "What'd you find out, doc?"
TheTale: "Is that it was being caused by some flaw in the resurrection process. As far as I can tell, many of these people have remained the same age for… a very long time."
TheTale: "Like a city frozen in time."
Linlea: "Similar to winters cold stasis when people went into cold storage or…?"
TheTale: "No, they've been living it, all along. Simply kept… fresh."
TheTale: "When they die, the waters of life restore them."
TheTale: "I haven't been able to access the birth records. Or the death records. I expect both would be fruitful."
Linlea: "So… nobody ages here at all? Or just people who have died once?"
TheTale: "I can only answer that question if I can find someone who's never died."
TheTale: "This trait seems to be in short supply in this city."
Eris: "Huh."
Linlea glances at Maria. "Think you can get our buddy here access to some records?"
Eris: "Well, these two might be a bit more willing to answer questions for you than the other locals." Eris gestures towards Maria and Zen.
Maria: "Uh, maybe? My family's not in charge of the Fountain, though."
TheTale: The doctor extends a hand towards Maria, as if to take hers. "We just missed you, didn't we?"
TheTale: "I'm a little sore at the lost opportunity."
Linlea nods looking rather torn on what to do. "We can't really risk breaking in without permission. If we lost our backing we'd only have the services to turn to."
Maria extends her hand to shake his. "I'm sorry? 'Missed me?'"
Maria: "I'm Maria Altsie, please to make your acquaintance."
TheTale: "Dr. Alimeus Orovexi. A pleasure to make yours."
Charlotte: "Defnitely better the palace than the Services."
TheTale: "Your first death was quite recent, wasn't it? As such…"
TheTale: "If we had arrived a little sooner, we might have avoided a spot of difficulty."
Maria: "Yes, a few weeks ago…. Hmm, maybe. Things would probably be different, though."
TheTale: "So they would be."
TheTale: "I understand you headed to the warfront?"
TheTale: "Did anything strike you as strange?"
[OOC] Maria: is he asking the group, then? or Maria specifically?
Eris: "Other than the monsters talking, the ship travelling through water, snow, sand and forest all in one trip, and the heavily armed with ballistics whale… not especially."
TheTale: He's looking at Maria right now, but he'd probably be satisfied if anyone answered.
TheTale: "So, a whale."
Eris‘ is answering him regardless! That’s the power of Wisp.
Linlea: "I was expecting a bit more resistance given that the fort is in the dead center between the two cities."
Linlea: "After taking down the whale it could hardly be called a fight anymore."
Maria lets the others answer because it doesn't really seem strange to her.
Charlotte: "Uh, you mean other than the monsters apparently having the Internet and having a fortress in the shadow of an abandoned nuclear plant?"
Maria mouths the word 'nuclear' to herself, questioningly.
TheTale: "Nuclear power."
Eris: "Ah, right. I think we're in a far, far post apocolyptic world and not a developing one."
TheTale: "…Let's prevent the Services from getting that."
TheTale: "Maria. …Zen, was it?"
Linlea: "Ah, yeah. From what I could tell the monsters probably had help either from a relic from their past or a foreigner to get some of their stuff going."
Maria: "So don't mention that word to the Foreign Service?"
Linlea: "The technology level doesn't line up at all otherwise."
Eris‘ pauses. "… Would the plant even still be working? However, duly noted."
Zen: "Yes, Zen"
TheTale: "…In essence, they’re saying that was some sort of previous civilization in that area, predating the monsters."
Charlotte: "You probably shouldn't mention the word 'nuclear' outside of this room, really."
TheTale: "Humans rarely up and die out. …Which implies a catastrophe."
Linlea: "I know it sounds bad, but a catastrophe that isn't winter is a nice change of pace."
TheTale: "It gives you hope, doesn't it? It took a licking and went on ticking." A strange smile.
Maria: "I'd say the Fountain probably helps, but the monsters are cheating, too."
Linlea nods back. "Exactly. Not that that's going to matter if we don't figure out how to stop D2 in nine more days. They seem fairly convinced shit is hitting the fan then."
Zen: "I woudln't call it cheating if it's part of their nature"
TheTale: "Because it's my nature is a sorry excuse."
Eris‘ pulls the PDA out from Linlea’s pocket again, quietly begins poking at the screen with her finger.
Linlea: "From what I gathered on your history though the fountain was a recent development. One to stall out human extinction after this supposed apocalypse."
Linlea: "This is probably around the same time all of you stopped ageing?"
Linlea: "… can't you just see if Jack has one of those?"
TheTale: "…They might not be old enough to recall."
TheTale: The doctor paces. It's a cramped tent, so he can't pace very far.
Eris: "Maybe later, but I don't want to leave the discussion."
Maria: "I'm not that old, so I can't really say."
Charlotte: "Maybe we could ask her family or such? They might be happier to talk if we brought her home with us… Have you even been home yet?"
Maria: "…no, not yet."
Linlea places a fist into her hand before nodding. "We do however have to report to the palace about our success at the fortress. In our next list of demands we could request access to the birth and death records for you, doc?"
TheTale: "I would appreciate that very much."
Linlea: "It'll likely cost us a lot more work but if you think it's worth it I don't mind."
TheTale: "Shall I come with you?"
Eris: "Well, assuming they don't arrest us under the assumption we broke the law to push her ahead in line." Eris comments, without looking up from the PDA
Charlotte: "Honestly, we probably need to do more work to stave off the end in 10 days, anyway."
TheTale: "That's very true."
TheTale: "I don't know exactly what Ms. Zarin thinks…"
TheTale: "But I'd say our main tasks are to find more signs of D2's operations, determine a method of safely bringing the caravan through the three wilderness regions…"
TheTale: "…Negotiate some sort of detente with the monsters to pass through their lands…"
Linlea: "… after fighting off that Ogre and taking a fortress that's going to be a toughee."
Linlea: "We may have to go through guns blazing."
Linlea: "As for D2, we actually encountered them once already."
TheTale: "The losses of that approach might be unnacceptable."
TheTale: "You did? Tell me more."
Linlea glances at Eris and Zen. "Uhh… well, he comes out if you call for him. Zen like… prayed a wish for him to show up and they did?"
Maria: "He wants to end the world for the sake of ending the world, it seemed to me."
Zen: "He's the demon that shows up when you call his name"
Maria: "He'll probably sic some monsters on you if you do, though."
Eris: "That's not how I would phrase it, dear, but it's close enough to correct."
TheTale: "Speak of Cao Cao and he is there, is it? That's handy."
TheTale: "Now, Mr. Zen, why did you wish for that?"
Charlotte: "Just so long as we don't end up trying to pursue Lu Bu."
Zen: "I honestly just wanted to see what was wrong with D2"
Linlea gives Charlotte a confused look. "… Lu Bu?"
TheTale: "An incarnation of Stings and Kills… or so she likes to boast."
Charlotte gives Linlea a flat look. "You are the last person here I expected to question that. Nevermind."
Linlea: "I think I remember hearing that story once, but it hasn't really come up for me much!"
TheTale: "A hero so powerful he could only be felled by three warriors greater than he:"
TheTale: "His pride, his jealousy, his fear."
Linlea nods. "I don't really have much to say about D2 other than they are a complete troll and seem to want to end the world by our 10th day."
TheTale: "You think she's performing for an audience, then?"
Linlea nods. "Given potential complications we should probably be leaving this city by Day 9 with the caravan. No way will we make it through the wilderness and negotiate our way through Sycorax before then."
Eris: "Hmm."
Linlea: "Don't want to get shot down en route."
Eris: "Maybe? They seemed like a self centered teenager throwing a tempertantrum to me, Doc."
Eris: "Apparently there was a meet and greet in everyone's dreams last night, but I wasn't invited, too."
TheTale: "A little disappointing."
TheTale: "Ms. Zarin's theory… that that demon is an anti-Pure Heart defense system…"
TheTale: "What do you think of it?"
Charlotte: "Like Linlea said, that's what you get for staying up late playing with her PDA."
Zen: "It's almost clear that it is"
Eris‘ glances over at Alice, rolls her head around.
Zen: "But it’s not so much anti-Pure Heart"
Zen: "But I think it's, ultimately, trying to… Handle winter"
Zen: "In a manner or another"
Eris: "It… FEELS anti-pure heart, at least. But it seems a bit too… alive? to be purely a defense system."
TheTale: "It claimed the opposite, but I suppose we can't trust it, can we?"
Charlotte: "Seems more like it's anti-everything."
TheTale: "If it's purely nihilist, than the odds are in our favor."
Zen: "It did not tell me any truths"
Eris: "Are there… anti-pure heart like beings, maybe…? I can't imagine Pure Hearts always knew what they were, maybe we've just been missing something this whole time…?"
TheTale: "Space fleas have a tendency to get smushed."
Zen: "I don't think it's entirely nihilist"
Charlotte: "Or at least, it was metaphorically rubbing its hands in glee at the thought of the monsters wiping out humanity."
TheTale: "The reason monsters haven't wiped out humanity…"
TheTale: "…Is the same reason the Services came here."
Eris: "Oh?"
Maria: "The fountain?"
Charlotte: "The fountain, I think."
TheTale: "Yes, the fountain."
Eris: "Ah, yes."
Linlea: "Mmm-hm. Which is why we're getting you those documents."
TheTale: "Right. So that we can find out what fateful day in history it was…
TheTale: "That D2's cereal was urinated upon, and by who."
Charlotte: "That's certainly one way to put it."
TheTale: "Yes, it certainly is."
Linlea: "How about your other projects? How are those going?"
TheTale: "The city's illness?"
TheTale: "As I said, it doesn't seem to be a decay by age. It might be linked to the resurrection, but… if I can't find a human of the city who hasn't ever died, then I shall have to get particularly clever about my research."
TheTale: "Another reason I would like the birth and death records."
Eris: "Makes sense."
Linlea nods. "So you gave up on the whole fiend engine thing finally?"
Zen: "A human who's never died…"
Zen: "Maybe someone of royalty"
Eris‘ looks up from the PDA, gives Linlea a look.
Linlea gives a dopey smile back.
TheTale: "I’m not building one here, if you're worried."
TheTale: "Simply put, I suspect this world has the sort of problem that a fiendish army makes worse, and not better."
Charlotte looks between Eris and Linlea, then shakes her head.
Maria: "We already make fiends, though?"
TheTale: "…I'd go bend the ear of the local Institute until they agree, but I'm keeping a bit of a low profile."
TheTale: "Yes." The doctor says, looking at Maria. "You do."
Maria: Or, the Institute does, at any rate. "
Eris: "Different sorts of fiends. Don't worry about it."
Maria: "I think some of the other people around my age haven't died yet, Doctor, but almost all of the people older than me certainly by now."
Maria: "A lot of people have fought in the war or been impacted by it at some point."
TheTale: "How sad."
TheTale: "A lot of it is starvation too, isn't it?"
Linlea: "Do you not have any kids around here? I'd think that'd be the first place to look."
Maria: "Sadly, yes."
Eris: "Uh."
Eris: "Actually come to think of it."
Eris: "I'm pretty sure we have distinctly not seen a single child since we arrived here."
Maria: "Most families don't have much in the way of kids. At least not very often."
Maria: "Limited supplies to go around."
Linlea: "No kids. No…" She pauses before glancing at Maria. "… do you have parents?"
Maria: "Yes." There's a bit of a glare.
Eris: "We were JUST talking about them, Linlea."
TheTale: "We come from strange countries," the Doctor says, sympatheticaly.
Eris: "Even I caught that and I'm using your phone to fish for monsters on the internet."
Maria: "They do sound pretty strange."
Linlea rubs the back of her head. "Sorry, sorry. I just… yeah."
Eris‘ shakes her head.
Eris: "Anyway. There’s definitely not been any trace of D2 this morning, Alimeus?"
Charlotte: "Don't worry, I remember how flabbergasted you were when you found out Primula actually had parents that one time."
Linlea pauses before tilting her head. "… huh?"
Charlotte: "Nevermind."
Linlea leans in a bit closer staring at Charlotte.
Eris: "…Primula?" A couple taps at the screen. "Oh, her. Hah. No, she's right, your disguise sucks, Linlea." Eris smiles.
Linlea: "Nope. I don't recognize you at all."
TheTale: "No, no trace of D2."
TheTale: "That said, I'm not alltogether certain what I'm looking for, just yet."
Eris: "Fair point."
Charlotte: "D2 is pretty… obvious. What with the floating scenery and booming voice and all."
Eris‘ pauses, laughs out loud, then quickly quiets herself.
TheTale: "Anyway. I think that’s all our business."
TheTale: "My thanks for dropping in." The Doctor nods, then -
TheTale: Draws a golden trail in the air, from which drips a curtain of emanating light.
[OOC] TheTale: Deep Cure x 5
TheTale rolled 1d12+240 and got 1 ( Total: 241.0 )
TheTale: Restoring 241 HP to each of the party in turn.
[OOC] Maria: HP: 550/550, MP: 490/550, LP: 9/10, SoS: 137 - SAs do +0% damage (U)
Eris: "Thank you."
Maria: "Thank you!"
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 550/550, MP: 283/550, LP: 3/7, SoS: 137
TheTale: "Don't need the MP to read books, after all."
TheTale: "Best of luck out there."
[OOC] Zen: HP: 700/700, MP: 400/600, LP: 5/8, SoS: 175
Linlea: "Uh… weren't you coming with us to the palace?"
TheTale: "Ah, was I invited…?"
TheTale: He adjusts his mask.
TheTale: "Let's go."
Linlea: "You said you were coming!"
Eris: "If you like. I've no objection."
TheTale: "So I am."
Charlotte: "You did."
Maria: "I suppose this time I can lead you into the palace," she says to the doctor with a bit of a teasing tone.
TheTale: …And the party head out.
[OOC] Peter: In Which A Snowship Fires Broadsides - Complete.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License