Tom D01s07

TheTale: Day One - Noon. The roads of the Palace Quarter are more like archways - the protective, splendid roofs of the palace of life shelter houses and gardens and rooms alike.
TheTale: More like hallways, at times, I meant. My apoloies.
TheTale: Apologies.
Eris‘ supposes it’s not surprising that the city is pretty densely packed, what with death not really being perminant and all.
Linlea scratches at her cheek before glancing at Eris. "… Deja Vu, huh? We're supplied though so I guess we just have to head for the gate again."
Eris: "Hmm?"
Linlea twirls a finger in the air searching for words before shaking her head. "Nothing important."
Eris: "If you say so."
TheTale: A gondolier takes you back down to the gate with ease - as you head away from the heart of the palace, the water around the boat grows cooler and cooler, until at last the boat is slicing along ice again.
TheTale: Welcome back to the Centreville!
Linlea: "These waterways are kind of nice, though…"
Eris: "I imagine it must've been odd, adjusting to the half water, half ice pathways."
Charlotte: "And… back to the cold."
Linlea nods before glancing around. "Right. So if our camp is over that-a-way…" She turns around and points in the opposite direction. "We want to head this way."
Eris: "Cold? Ah, I suppose with the lack of sleeves, perhaps." Eris glances in the direction Linlea points. "Sounds right."
Linlea: "You think it's snowing yet on the road we came on?"
Eris: "I suspect it doesn't snow very much inside the city proper, but there's probably a blizzard due outside sometime soon."
Linlea continues to walk in the direction she specified, nodding to the others. "How bad does it have to get for things to disappear, though? Y'know the whole fall over when you try and walk through it kind of thing. I'm still kind of wary of having to go through that with a caravan if we have to. A caravan is a story though so we might be okay…?"
Linlea: "Guess we'll find out when we get on our feet."
Eris: "I'd rather not find out how bad things get at the exact moment everything disappears, personally. It's why I'm with the group, after all."
TheTale: The streets are teeming - beggars, the sick in their yellow cloths. At the southern gate, there's a company of knights returning, or at least… what's left of it. Banners torn, the wounded being carried back. The dead being carried back.
Eris: "…Come to think of it, I'm surprised your boyfriend hasn't pushed his luck with that yet."
Eris‘ gives the soldiers an appraising look, wondering to herslef if they’re siply weak, ro if the monsters are strong.
Linlea glances at the crowd of knights in the distance. "If they're having trouble with that many no wonder they need help…"
Charlotte: "Sounds like we've got our work cut out for ourselves."
Eris: "Well, maybe. They might just have gotten lazy and complicant given they come back even if thye die, eventually."
Linlea: "It'd be a lot easier if we could just teach them to be better, but I don't think any of us are any good at that sort of thing. Feels bad taking others work."
TheTale: It looks like a pretty ragged lot. Most of those coming back are camp followers - cooks, porters, that kind of thing. The knights coming back look unpolished. Maybe the strong ones are dead.
Linlea makes her way to the group waving. "Heeeeey! You guys okay? What happened out there?"
TheTale: A squire, the banner of his company flying from his bloodied spear, smiles painedly. "We got torn to hell, is what!"
Eris: "Sounds unpleasent."
TheTale: "I mean, I'd say… you should see the other guy, but… pfft, we took a few down, but…"
Linlea: "Were you transporting goods, escorting or hunting?"
TheTale: "Trying to get a shipment of fuel to the Narthelius."
TheTale: "We had to abandon the cart, but I don't think they thought to loot it."
Linlea glances at the others before grinning. "Want to take on an extra job? I mean, we're going that way anyways."
Eris: "Not especially, but I imagine you do."
Charlotte: "I don't have a problem with doing so."
Linlea: "They were literally on the road, left the product on the road and were going to our destination. You just don't want to carry anything." She pouts.
Eris: "Correct on all counts. I didn't say 'no we won't do it', however."
Eris: "As it is likely in our best interest to secure it regardless."
Linlea nods before smiling. "So, yeah. We can get it delivered for you! Just worry about getting patched up, right?"
TheTale: "It'd save us the trouble of trying to recover it, yeah."
Linlea: "Are we looking for anyone in particular on the Narthelius? That was expecting you, I mean."
Eris: "And it was… just fuel?"
TheTale: "Just fuel, yeah. It smells sweet. I mean… if you bring it up to the Narth, they'll know what it is."
Eris‘ nods.
Linlea: "Oh. One last thing. What attacked you?"
Charlotte: "Sweet-smelling fuel, huh? Should be hard to miss, especially on a cart."
TheTale: "Yeah. The cart’s flying our colors, so… it shouldn't be that hard to find."
Eris‘ glances over at Linlea, rolls a shrug, then starts heading down the road.
Linlea sighs. "Have to find out ourselves, huh?"
Eris: "Seems like."
TheTale: (Oh sorry, totally missed that line :3)
TheTale: Someone else catches you - a porter, really. She says. "…It was zombies, really. If the lines didn’t break, we woulda been fine."
Eris: "Undead in the first act…? Well, I suppose it is a dying world." Eris rocks her head form side to side, then nods.
Eris: "Wait."
TheTale: "A dying world…?"
Eris‘ blinks a few times.
Linlea blinks. "I… don’t think I've ever come across a zombie before. Skeletons, ghosts, spectres and the like sure. Zombies…?"
Eris: "How exactly do zombies come about if a soul can be shoved back into its body?"
TheTale: "Somebody else gets there first."
Linlea: "So… if a necromancer waltzed into the vault with all the bodies in town we'd be in for fun times."
Eris: "So like… body theft? Huh."
Linlea: "Is basically what they're getting at."
TheTale: "Well, there's something in the vaults that -" "It's a fiend!" "- That keeps the monster's souls from getting in."
TheTale: "But if somebody dies out in the wilds? Monster can snatch em right up."
Eris: "Aha."
Charlotte: "…Pleasant."
TheTale: "Bastards, right?"
Eris: "Well, I suppose that's all the more reason to kill them dead once more then."
Linlea chews at her lip before raising her hand. "Question! What's stopping a group of monsters from just hopping to their friends bodies and fighting again if they die in a group?"
TheTale: "I… I don't proper know. I mean, if they could do that, they would, right?"
TheTale: "…But we seem to be able to cut them down alright."
Eris‘ smiles slightly to Linlea. "It was a good question."
Eris: "Anyway, thank you. That was informative! We probably ought to get a move on though."
TheTale: The porter looks between Eris and Linlea.
TheTale: "Yeah. Us too."
TheTale: …The gate to the lost quarter lies ahead.
Eris` gives a brief curtsie, then heads through the gate.
Linlea makes her way out of the gate before stretching. "I can’t say I expected my first road trip to have zombies! What kind do you think they'll be? I've only read about them in stories this is pretty exciting."
Linlea: "Well. First road trip in this place."
Linlea: "You know what I mean!"
Eris: "Well, I mean. Shambling, half rotten, lethargic but still mobile corpses?" Eris shrugs towards Charlotte.
Charlotte: "I think the worst case would be if they were fully mobile…"
Eris: "Hm actually it sounds like it's closer to poltergeist possession here.. so maybe just weird eyes and fangs or some such."
TheTale: The lost quarter is lit by hanging fires. The stones of the ground are riven and loose - buildings are shattered, decayed. Thick rivers of grey ash blow with the howling wind, stinging the face.
Linlea: "That's what I was thinking. Just y'know, sometimes in stories they're really fast and have extra strength 'n stuff." She shrugs half heartedly.
Linlea thankfully still has her hood on.
TheTale: Smoke emerges from cracks in the earth, from buildings here and there - something, somewhere, buried deep here…
TheTale: …Is still burning.
Charlotte grimaces, raising an arm up in an attempt to shield her face. "Super zombies… Yeah, that sounds pretty terrible."
Linlea glances at the others. "We've been running from WINTER. You should pack some tooks and mitts or something."
Eris: "They can't be that bad. After all, they're controlling the bodies of people that died in the first place."
Eris: "Also I'm perfectly fine. This is nothing compared to what we've been moving through. Couldn't tell you what Charlotte's excuse is, however."
TheTale: There's someone there, underneath one of the lampfires, on the road ahead. They're turned away, looking off into the distance. Shoulders slack.
Charlotte: "The cold's fine, it's just that ash getting into one's eyes is annoying."
Eris‘ pulls out a pair of silver framed, lightly purple tinted sunglasses and hands them to Charlotte.
Linlea: "Classy! So. That’s a zombie up there, right?"
Eris: "Good odds on that being a zombie I wager." Not that she's changing course.
Charlotte raises an eyebrow, but takes the offered pair and puts them on. "Might want to confirm before attacking, just in case."
TheTale: It turns - yeah, definitely a zombie. Red-eyed, grey skinned, mouth slack and drooling. It cackles dustily, and - "W…who goes therghe…?"
Eris: "Out of context solutions."
Charlotte tilts her head. "I can get behind that name, needs more capitals, though. And talking zombies are odd."
Eris: "Well, as I said it seems to have more in common with possession due to the setting qirk."
Linlea: "Oh… oh! Talking zombie. Hey there! We're space aliens."
Eris: "Which given, isn't that odd."
Eris: "Anywho, what happened to the rest of your companions?"
TheTale: "Spa….ppfht-space aliens…?" It waves one of its arms - something in them cracks - and two others join it, coming back from investigating an alleyway.
TheTale: "H…HUMANS, looks… looks -gggrk- like!"
Eris: "Ah there we are."
Linlea: "Services look like humans too sometimes you know. You're pretty judgemental for a zombie."
TheTale: "F…fwhuh… huh…? Kill em! Get our revenge! Don't let them get away!"
Eris: "The Services are humans, we just went over this."
TheTale: They charge…
TheTale: …very slowly.
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Repossessed A [F]:2 Repossessed B [F]:3 Charlotte [F]:5 Repossessed C [F]:5 Eris [F]:7
TheTale: Status for Repossessed A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Repossessed B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Repossessed C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
Linlea: "Details!"
TheTale: Linlea!
Charlotte: "Okay, the slow-moving type."
Eris: "You can't go 'details' after trying to pick at 'detail's yourself when you happen to be wrong!"
Linlea pulls back on her bowstring before firing at Repossessed A. [Out of Your League - Enemy Level? | 60D]
[OOC] TheTale: Level is 2!
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 33 ( Total: 33 ) for 80 , Heedless
Linlea rolled 1d12*1.3+182*1.3 and got 2 ( Total: 239.2 )
TheTale: Rips through for [239]! Green ichor and a wisp of smoke rip out - it's blown a circular hole in the thing's shoulder.
TheTale: "R…revenge!"
[OOC] TheTale: Linlea's the mark.
Linlea: "Man. You guys are so bad at this. No follow up?"
Eris: "Ah, I suppose so." Eris slip through and slams her hammer into A.
Eris‘ rolled 1d100 and got 15 ( Total: 15 ) for assist
Eris` rolled d12+160 and got 10 ( Total: 170 )
[OOC] TheTale: 170]!
TheTale: They turn to Eris[!] instead!
Linlea: "Oh. Oooooh. I see how it works now!"
Linlea: "You’re our tank!"
TheTale: Repossessed A puts on a turn of speed and lunges in for Eris!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 70 ( Total: 70 ) for Rabid Attack 80
TheTale: That a hit?
Eris: "It's certainly not your or the maid, at last."
Eris‘ is hit, yes.
TheTale: It grabs onto her, starts frothing at the mouth, and bites her - and then [Double Thrash!] bites her a few more times for good measure!
TheTale rolled 1d12*1.4+165*1.4 and got 7 ( Total: 240.79999999999998 ) for Double thrash
TheTale: Hitting for 240 physical damage! [Rabid (2) - Healing’s at -50%.]
Eris‘ squints, holding her arm as she glowly slightly. "Hrrm where did that damage boost come from?"
Eris: "Ah, well."
TheTale: Repossessed B picks up a giant flag-stone and hammers into Eris! [Zombie Crush]
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 25 ( Total: 25 ) for 80
TheTale rolled 1d12*1.2+214*1.2 and got 2 ( Total: 259.2 )
TheTale: Hurting for a whopping 259 damage!
Linlea: "Hrm… are you going to be okay? They hit hard."
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Repossessed C [F]:0 Eris [F]:2 Linlea [B]:55 Repossessed A [F]:57 Repossessed B [F]:58
TheTale: Status for Repossessed A : [<span style="color: #008000;">====== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Repossessed B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Repossessed C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Charlotte!
Eris: "I’m fine."
Linlea: "I think this will be a lot more managable when we get one down."
Charlotte slashes her scythe down at Repossessed A! "Agreed." [Attack, 60D]
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 82 ( Total: 82 ) for 85
TheTale: Slice!
Charlotte rolled 1d12+135 and got 4 ( Total: 139.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 139]! It loses an arm, which it picks up and puts back on.
Linlea follows up with a volley of arrows of her own [Forward Artillery]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 70 ( Total: 70 ) for 80
Linlea rolled d12+140 and got 2 ( Total: 142.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 142]!
TheTale: Repossessed C smashes a chunk of debris into Linlea!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 79 ( Total: 79 ) for C80
[OOC] Linlea: Can I spend a luck to modify enemy rolls I can't remember.
TheTale rolled 1d12*0.8+214*0.8 and got 11 ( Total: 180.00000000000003 )
[OOC] TheTale: You can, to force that to miss
Linlea ducks under the debris. "That was close!" [-1 Luck]
TheTale: It smashes into a cloud of loose stone behind her.
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Linlea [B]:53 Repossessed A [F]:55 Repossessed B [F]:56 Charlotte [F]:58 Repossessed C [F]:58
TheTale: Status for Repossessed A : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Repossessed B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Repossessed C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Eris!
Eris‘ spreads [58] damage each to herself, Linlea and Charlotte. Then swings her hammer into A. [60D]
Eris` rolled 1d100 and got 59 ( Total: 59 )
Eris` rolled d12+60 and got 4 ( Total: 64 )
[OOC] Eris: er +100
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 22] HP: 550/550, MP: 490/550, LP: 7/7, SoS: 137
TheTale: So, 164?
[OOC] Eris: yessir
[OOC] Charlotte: I’ll follow up if that doesn't kill it?
TheTale: Slam! The zombie drops head over heels, down into the ground. A faint wisp of light escaped it - the monster's expelled. [Slain]
Eris: "Almost exactly like possession, seems like."
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Repossessed B [F]:3 Charlotte [F]:5 Repossessed C [F]:5 Eris [F]:7
TheTale: Status for Repossessed B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Repossessed C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Linlea!
Linlea draws back her bowstring again firing a shot at Repossessed B! [Attack - 60D]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 26 ( Total: 26 ) for 80
Linlea rolled 1d12+140 and got 11 ( Total: 151.0 )
Charlotte follows right after, Linlea's shadow lashing out at it also! [Umbral Slash]
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 ) for 85
Charlotte rolled 1d12+135 and got 9 ( Total: 144.0 ) for reduce Charlotte's init by 15
[OOC] TheTale: 151] [144]! Shadow-speed!
TheTale: Charlotte, now!
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Repossessed B [F]:3 Repossessed C [F]:5 Eris [F]:7 Linlea [B]:60
TheTale: Status for Repossessed B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Repossessed C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
Charlotte then lashes out with her scythe while it's reeling! [Follow Through, 60D]
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 89 ( Total: 89 ) for 85
Charlotte rolled 1d12+175 and got 11 ( Total: 186.0 ) for -1 luck to hit
[OOC] TheTale: 186]!
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 22] HP: 550/550, MP: 490/550, LP: 6/7, SoS: 137
TheTale: Repossessed B bites into Charlotte - [Rabid Strike!]
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 ) for 80
TheTale rolled 1d12+165 and got 10 ( Total: 175.0 )
TheTale: Rabid (2) - healing's penalized. 175 damage!
TheTale: Repossessed C smashes a flagstone into her, too!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 93 ( Total: 93 )
TheTale: …But she slashes through it with her scythe!
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 397/550, MP: 490/550, LP: 6/7, SoS: 137
[OOC] Eris: fue hp
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Linlea [B]:53 Charlotte [F]:53 Repossessed B [F]:56 Repossessed C [F]:58
TheTale: Status for Repossessed B : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">===== </span>]
TheTale: Status for Repossessed C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Eris!
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 542/600, MP: 550/600, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150
Eris‘ rolls a shrug, then slams her hammer into B! [60D]
Eris` rolled 1d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 )
Eris` rolled d12+160 and got 7 ( Total: 167 )
Eris: "Be a dear and let Charlotte go before you, Linlea."
TheTale: Wham - [167]!
Linlea glances to her side. "Eh? Yeah, sure. If you think she can finish it off."
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Charlotte [F]:0 Repossessed B [F]:3 Repossessed C [F]:5 Eris [F]:7
TheTale: Status for Repossessed B : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Repossessed C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Linlea!
Charlotte nods, charging at B, scythe swinging. "Got it!" [Follow Through, 60D]
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 27 ( Total: 27 ) for 85
Eris: "Well, that and they seems to simply be flailing at whomever struck last."
Charlotte rolled 1d12+175 and got 5 ( Total: 180.0 )
TheTale: Slash! [180]!
TheTale: It’s slain - the spirit's expelled.
Linlea: "I'm not too worried. Any damage I'm taking here is from us. This included!" She draws her bowstring again and fires a barrage of arrows at Repossessed C. [Out of Your League - 80 CoS | 60D | Overload]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 56 ( Total: 56 ) for 80
Linlea rolled d12*1.5+182*1.5 and got 11 ( Total: 289.5 ) for Overload, Mop Up
TheTale: Shears for [289]!
Eris: "Yes, exactly."
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 462/600, MP: 500/600, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150
TheTale: The zombie hammers into Linlea!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
TheTale rolled 1d12*0.8+165*0.8 and got 4 ( Total: 135.2 )
Linlea winces. "I can kinda see why people would be wary to use this though. The whole damage recoil thing smarts."
TheTale: For only 135 physical damage!
Eris: "Well… yes."
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 327/600, MP: 500/600, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Linlea [B]:53 Charlotte [F]:53 Repossessed C [F]:58
TheTale: Status for Repossessed C : [<span style="color: #008000;">======= </span>]
TheTale: Eris!
Eris‘ rolls her head around a bit, before her nails begin to glow even brighter for a moment, fully enveloping her. [Spark], then dashes forward and slams her hammer into the last zombie. [60D] [Attack]
Eris` rolled d8+100 and got 5 ( Total: 105 )
Eris` rolled 1d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 )
Eris` rolled d12+160 and got 2 ( Total: 162 ) for pow
Linlea: "That better be for me. You two have that… thing on you."
Eris: "Nope it’s mine. This is my third turn, dear."
[OOC] TheTale: 162]!
TheTale: Linlea and Charlotte!
Linlea fires an arrow at the zombie! [Attack - 60D]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 24 ( Total: 24 )
Linlea rolled 1d12*1.2+160*1.2 and got 1 ( Total: 193.2 ) for Mop Up
[OOC] TheTale: 193]!
Linlea: "… guess I'll dig through our supplies after this."
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Repossessed C [F]:5 Eris [F]:7 Linlea [B]:60
TheTale: Status for Repossessed C : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">=== </span>]
TheTale: Charlotte!
Eris: "My load out is designed for momentum, not actual healing, yes."
Charlotte concentrates, her shadow rippling. [Recover, 15D]
Eris‘ glances at Charlotte, then shakes her head while laughing slightly.
Linlea: "Geeze, thanks."
TheTale: The Repossessed leaps at Linlea!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 92 ( Total: 92 )
TheTale: But can’t catch her!
Linlea ducks out of the way.
TheTale: Eris!
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:8 Linlea [B]:53 Repossessed C [F]:58
TheTale: Status for Repossessed C : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">=== </span>]
Eris: "Hm actually I suppose I can let it resolve." [15D] [Wait]
Eris‘ then dashes forward after Charlotte finishes laying the heal-trap. [60D] [Attack]
Eris` rolled 1d100 and got 38 ( Total: 38 )
Eris` rolled d12+160 and got 1 ( Total: 161 )
Charlotte rolls her eyes, her healing primed. [35D]
[OOC] TheTale: 161]!
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 327/600, MP: 500/600, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 397/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 6/7, SoS: 137 - Reduced Healing (1)
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Linlea [B]:10 Repossessed C [F]:15 Eris [F]:17
TheTale: Status for Repossessed C : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">= </span>]
TheTale: Charlotte, again!
Charlotte slashes at the last zombie! [Backstab]
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 58 ( Total: 58 ) for 85
Charlotte rolled 1d12+175 and got 10 ( Total: 185.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 185]! It’s slain!
TheTale: Exorcism complete: Don't be afraid of the beasts which dwell in the dark.
Linlea nods to the others giving Charlotte a thumbs up. "Good job!" [+1 LP]
TheTale: Got 6 EXP!
Eris‘ does some math, realizes she remembered number wrong, grumbles to herself.
Eris: "Well that wasn’t too bad."
Linlea sniffs the air. "Hard to smell something sweet with all this dust and flame though."
Charlotte chuckles lightly, her shadow tapping Linlea's own, sending healing through her. [Recover usage post-battle]
Charlotte rolled 1d12+162 and got 6 ( Total: 168.0 )
Eris‘ raises her hammer high into the air, lets it hang for a moment… then slams it down into the ground as hard as she possible can, sending a shockwave burst outward and blowning the smoke and possibly fire out.
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 495/600, MP: 500/600, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150
Charlotte nods back to Linlea as well. [+1 LP]
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 397/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 7/7, SoS: 137
TheTale: You’re left alone in the ruins.
Eris: "Though really, we probably just continue on down the road." And she does so.
Linlea: "I wish I could say brute force and muscle doesn't solve every problem, but…" She shrugs before laughing. "Evidence has shown otherwise in the past."
Charlotte: "Not every problem… Just more than people would like to admit."
Eris‘ smiles pleasently.
TheTale: Thick smoke and roiling ash. The bridge ahead is collapsed. Red eyes blink out at you from underneath its foundations before skittering into the darkness.
TheTale: The sound of flapping wings and flowing scales.
Eris: "It… would have been nice if they mentioned the bridge being out."
Eris: "Or did you do that after the unit of…" A pause for effect, "humans left?"
Linlea quietly chuckles.
Eris` takes a few more steps towards the bridge and eyes.
TheTale: A shape in the darkness, many-eyed, stares up at her.
TheTale: "You should turn back," it says, in a whispering voice.
TheTale: "…If you try to jump it… I’ll catch you."
Eris: "Well, how else are we supposed to pass through?"
Linlea gestures to under the bridge. "Swim? Or is that an abyss?" She edges closer.
TheTale: You could probably climb down and back up. Or go around - there's plenty of city to either side.
TheTale: …But I mean, those shapes in the darkness don't look friendly.
Linlea: "I mean, we literally just beat up a giant at least ten times taller than us attacking the city."
TheTale: "I can't get you to stay there, can I…?"
TheTale: "But you don't look like knights. Maybe it's not too late for you to not get involved."
Charlotte: "We kinda have a job to do past here, however."
Linlea: "These guys don't seem that bad?"
TheTale: "You beat up Merco…?" The voice laughs, almost.
TheTale: "I should be afraid, but for some reason, I trust you, instead… how odd."
Linlea: "We don't tend to beat things up unless they attack us first to be fair!"
Linlea: "Or they're doing something really dumb."
TheTale: "Ah…"
TheTale: "…I'd like you to turn back."
Linlea chews at her lip. "I can't really do that, though. I promised those guys I'd deliver the fuel for them. I'm not a liar."
Charlotte shakes her head. "Yeah, we have to keep going."
Linlea: "So, are you able to be reasoned with or is this going to get ugly? I'm not against bargaining."
Eris: "I am, we barely have enough supplies as is."
TheTale: "Powerful killers… but not loyal to Prospero. Can we come to terms…? What can I get from you that I want…?"
Eris‘ reaches into the pocket of Charlotte’s apron, pulls out a match book, then lights one and tosses it down int he general direction of the voice.
Linlea frowns at being called killers. She glances to her side before calling out into the abyss. "Sorry! She's a bit impatient."
Charlotte: "…You could have asked first."
Eris: "As it stands, we've taken a job from them to resecure a tower. One of my companions promised to retrieve a delivery as well. The palace is currently providing for our caravan as well. It's unlikely we will act against them at this point, and we certainly won't be backing down from a job we've been paid in advance for, at the very least."
Eris‘ tilts her head at Charlotte… then nods slightly. "I suppose I could have, yes."
Linlea chews at her lip before nodding. "It’s true that we shouldn't get sidetracked. It's rude to our clients. We only accepted the other job since it wasn't going to impact the first one much."
TheTale: An eye-covered shape, clinging to the far wall, barely lit - like a manta-ray.
Linlea: "As we said earlier though we sent Marco running, you uhm… probably should just let us pass?" She glances at the others before shrugging.
TheTale: "I like this body," she says. "But it's not much good for parties."
Eris: "I'm not terribly opposed to smashing our way through either."
TheTale: "And I can wait for you to leap this bridge, and catch you in my grip…"
TheTale: "…Like this, it's to my advantage to give battle."
Linlea: "You know I have a bow, right? I can just shoot at you from here."
TheTale: "We could peck at eachother all day…?"
Eris: "(You usually follow up statements like that by knocking your bow idealy, drawing it from your shoulder at the very least.)"
Linlea glances at Eris before raising a hand to her mouth. She nods and pulls out her bow and fires off a warning shot around where she last saw the eyes.
Eris: "Combat it is, then!" Eris smashes her hammer into the side of the ledge beneather her feet, making the wall shake before skidding down the side towards the monster. "Come along, Charlotte!"
TheTale: There's a sound like the flapping of a great, wet wing, and the red eyes blink shut.
TheTale: The shadowy figure…
TheTale: …Slips into a crevice, fleeing.
Charlotte shakes her head with a smiling, scythe at ready. "…I don't think that'll be needed so much."
[OOC] Charlotte: smile^
TheTale: You can see its stingered tail snap as it vanishes beneath the earth.
Linlea: "It either had the choice to keep taking arrows in order to grab one of you when you got close to the gap or come up here and get smashed."
Linlea: "I can understand why it fled!"
Charlotte: "Three against one, also understandable."
Linlea takes a few steps forward looking around. "Uhm… that said keep an eye out. It could be playing a trick."
TheTale: It's a clumsy, but not impossible climb back up the other side of the chasm.
TheTale: A little bit of water spews out of a severed pipe.
Linlea: "I feel kind of sorry if any other group comes through here though. I doubt they'd be running from them."
Eris: "If you'd be kind enough to fix the bridge up before we return, we won't have to bother with that unpleasent song and dance again, by the way!" Eris shows towards the monster after finishing the climb, dusts her hands off, then resumes following the path.
Linlea: "… I don't think monsters are going to fix the bridge."
Eris: "I don't either."
Eris: "I may be a bit smarmy…?"
Charlotte: "It can't hurt to ask, however?"
TheTale: An overgrown wood that was once a park. A shattered town clock overlooks it - the fencing's rusted and ivy-choked.
Linlea: "Either way I doubt they heard you. At this point they're probably fleeing back to the city and we're going to become famous."
TheTale: Flying a familiar banner, there's a cart laden down with metal canisters.
TheTale: Its oxen are cut loose, nowhere to be seen.
Eris‘ sighs dramatically. "And of course, it’s up to me to move this thing."
Linlea starts to count up the canisters. "Shame we don't have any shadey tricks up our sleeves. Good thing you can pull the cart, Eris~"
Eris: "Why do you suppose they abandoned this part of the city, anyway?"
Linlea glances around before shrugging. "Why does every city abandon its Dryad district?"
Charlotte: "Could have been the monsters, or maybe Winter, or some disaster we haven't heard of yet."
Eris: "Well I mean, for the thematics…?"
Eris‘ shakes her hands out, before grabbing what’s left of the leads that the oxen had been attached to, and begins to pull it along the path.
TheTale: There's a sound like can only be described as a squiggle, and a black, barbed tail shoots out from beneath the cart - It crackles with electricity, lancing through the middle of the cart. It arcs from canister to canister to canister to canister-
Linlea sighs. "Still. To go back to foot travel and caravan now it really makes you feel primitive."
Eris‘ jumps backwards, scowling.
Linlea: "I knew I should have had you hit the ground with your hammer. It’s under us!"
Charlotte 's eyes widen, jumping away from the cart. "Little bugger doesn't know when to quit."
Eris‘ pauses, then ducks behind some convient, nearby large rumble. "Well probably not for long."
TheTale: The fuel explodes in a peal of blinding heat and light -
Linlea: "Uh… don’t light any of those matches for a while. Either of you. Or…"
Linlea watches the cart explode. Thankfully she had kept her distance.
TheTale: Burning Charlotte for [150] and Eris for [100] damage.
TheTale: The great black ray slithers out, and its kin detach from it, swimming at its side, along the ground.
Eris: "There is no justice in the world, you didn't even notice the electricity somehow and still didn't get hurt."
Linlea: "Back row!"
Eris: "No justice."
Charlotte: "I'm going to have to agree with Eris here."
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Charlotte [F]:3 Dust Skate C [F]:4 Dust Skate A [F]:5 Eris [F]:6 Raj Skate [F]:6 Dust Skate B [F]:9
TheTale: Status for Raj Skate : [<span style="color: #008000;">====================</span>]
TheTale: Status for Dust Skate A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Dust Skate B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Dust Skate C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Linlea!
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 327/550, MP: 430/550, LP: 7/7, SoS: 137
Linlea: "That said we're already across the chasm and the fuel is gone. We should just keep running in the right direction?"
TheTale: "Heroes like you… even if I kill you," the Raj asks. "I'll be meeting you again soon, won't I?"
Charlotte: "Then why even try to kill us in the first place?"
TheTale: "Eternal war. The little ones don't understand, but…"
TheTale: She flicks her tail.
TheTale: "Even if it's fruitless, there's still something to fight for."
Linlea: "Oi, Eris. We running along the path or not?"
Eris: "Huh? No it's just going to chase us."
Eris: "Better to not get caught in a pincer."
Charlotte: "Yes, that sounds rather unpleasant."
Eris: "I mean."
Linlea groans. "Fine. I hope these little things aren't that sturdy or we're going to be in trouble." She fires off an arrow at Dust Skate A. [Out of Your League | 60D | Overload]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 ) for 80 , Level?
Eris: "You're welcome to try and explain to the woman than we're not the 'humans' she thinks we are, but I don't suspect it will lead to anything."
TheTale: It's only level 1!
Linlea rolled d12*1.3+210*1.3 and got 2 ( Total: 275.6 )
TheTale: A tremendous [275]! It squiggles in pain!
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Dust Skate C [F]:1 Dust Skate A [F]:2 Eris [F]:3 Raj Skate [F]:3 Dust Skate B [F]:6 Linlea [B]:57
TheTale: Status for Raj Skate : [<span style="color: #008000;">====================</span>]
TheTale: Status for Dust Skate A : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">= </span>]
TheTale: Status for Dust Skate B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Dust Skate C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Charlotte!
Eris‘ slips out past the rubble, trailing behind Linlea for the kill. [Assist]
Eris` rolled 1d100 and got 20 ( Total: 20 )
Eris` rolled d12+160 and got 7 ( Total: 167 )
[OOC] TheTale: 167]! It’s slain!
Charlotte concentrates, she has a feeling she's going to need this. [Recover, 15D]
TheTale: There's a squeaking, squiggle-like noise, and a shadow zips away from the slain monster to hang underneath Eris.
[OOC] TheTale: Grudge - Taking +30% damage! (5)
Eris: "Gross."
TheTale: Dust Skate C begins concentrating… [Air Strike in CT15!]
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Raj Skate [F]:0 Dust Skate B [F]:3 Charlotte [F]:12 Dust Skate C [F]:13 Linlea [B]:54
TheTale: Status for Raj Skate : [<span style="color: #008000;">====================</span>]
TheTale: Status for Dust Skate B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Status for Dust Skate C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Eris!
Eris‘ begins to glow brightly for a moment [Spark], before lunging at Dust Skate B! [6-D] [Attkac]
Eris` rolled 1d100 and got 18 ( Total: 18 )
TheTale: It’s a hit!
Eris‘ rolled d12+160 and got 4 ( Total: 164 )
d8+100: 2 [Total: 102]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 266
Linlea: "Charlotte move in!"
[OOC] TheTale: 164]!
Charlotte motions, Eris’s shadow lashing out to finish it off. [Umbral Slash]
Charlotte rolled 1d100 and got 16 ( Total: 16 ) for 85
Charlotte rolled 1d12+135 and got 5 ( Total: 140.0 ) for -15 delay for Charlotte
Charlotte 's shadow ripples, her healing primed. [35D]
TheTale: Dust Skate B is slain too! Grudge clings!
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 327/550, MP: 370/550, LP: 7/7, SoS: 137 - Taking +30% damage (5)
TheTale: Battle order: Raj Skate [F]:0 Dust Skate C [F]:13 Charlotte [F]:35 Linlea [B]:54 Eris [F]:60
TheTale: Status for Raj Skate : [<span style="color: #008000;">====================</span>]
TheTale: Status for Dust Skate C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: "I should have brought more…" The Raj mourns.
TheTale: It begins to crackle with electricity - [Spark Festival] in CT15!
TheTale: Dust Skate C shoots off a trio of thundering lances into the sky!
TheTale: Seeking thunder blasts into Eris - [Spark Festival]!
TheTale rolled 1d12*1.3+162*1.3 and got 6 ( Total: 218.4 )
TheTale: Scorching for 218 magical Jinn damage! [Sparking (4) - Quickens attacking enemies that roll 20 or lower.]
TheTale: An air strike hits Eris!
TheTale rolled 1d10*1.3+105*1.3 and got 10 ( Total: 149.5 )
TheTale: Sparking for 149 magical Jinn damage!
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Dust Skate C [F]:13 Raj Skate [F]:15 Air Strike:18 Linlea [B]:19 Eris [F]:25 Air Strike:38
TheTale: Status for Raj Skate : [<span style="color: #008000;">====================</span>]
TheTale: Status for Dust Skate C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Charlotte!
Eris: "Hmhm."
Charlotte concentrates again… [Shadow, 15D]
TheTale: Dust Skate C readies its tail! [Second Crush]
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Raj Skate [F]:0 Air Strike:3 Linlea [B]:4 Eris [F]:10 Air Strike:23 Dust Skate C [F]:28
TheTale: Status for Raj Skate : [<span style="color: #008000;">====================</span>]
TheTale: Status for Dust Skate C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
TheTale: Charlotte!
Charlotte taps the shadow of Linlea's bow with her scythe, priming it. [35D]
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 327/550, MP: 310/550, LP: 7/7, SoS: 137 - Taking +30% damage (5)
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 327/550, MP: 310/550, LP: 7/7, SoS: 137 - Taking +30% damage (4)
Linlea glances to her side. "What?"
TheTale: The Raj reverbates - like a shiver down its back. Its spines stand on end! [Open Hostility]
TheTale: It lunges forward and stabs Eris!
Charlotte: "Hit something and your shadow will hit it again."
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 31 ( Total: 31 )
TheTale rolled 1d10*1.3+150*1.3 and got 7 ( Total: 204.1 )
TheTale: For 204 damage!
Eris‘ frowns. "That wasn’t a spell."
TheTale: the Dust Skate chases, stabbing her too for 81 damage!
Charlotte: "Technically, it is one."
Eris: "Not you, the monster."
[OOC] Eris: HP: 208/600, MP: 600/600, LP: 6/6, SoS: 150 - Grudge; +30% incoming dmg (5),Sparking; peter know what do (5)
TheTale: An air strike hits Charlotte!
TheTale rolled 1d10*1.4+105*1.4 and got 10 ( Total: 161.0 )
TheTale: Zapping her for 161 magical Jinn damage!
TheTale: Linlea!
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Eris [F]:6 Air Strike:19 Dust Skate C [F]:24 Charlotte [F]:31 Raj Skate [F]:46
TheTale: Status for Raj Skate : [<span style="color: #008000;">====================</span>]
TheTale: Status for Dust Skate C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 166/550, MP: 310/550, LP: 7/7, SoS: 137 - Taking +30% damage (3)
Linlea pulls back on her bow string and fires another shot off this time at Dust Skate C. [Heedless, Out of Your League - 60D]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 47 ( Total: 47 ) for 80
TheTale: It's a hit!
TheTale: Pinned to the ground by the arrow, it squirms and thrashes.
Linlea rolled 1d12*1.5+210*1.5 and got 12 ( Total: 333.0 ) for 2 Luck, Heedless
The shadow of the arrow lashes out, stabbing into it also.
Charlotte rolled 1d12*1.5+162*1.5 and got 12 ( Total: 261.0 )
[OOC] Linlea: I'm curious if I can one shot it or not lol
[OOC] TheTale: 333] - is enough to slay it!
[OOC] Charlotte: I think Shadow still goes off regardless
[OOC] TheTale: I think it does, yeah.
[OOC] Linlea: On a random target?
[OOC] Charlotte: Same target, as far as I know
[OOC] TheTale: I think rn the answer is "Into air", but I think there might need to be rules on this. Ice, any call?
Eris: !8ball redirect?
Eris‘: Yes - definitely.
TheTale: Yeah, it’s good to not waste actions. The shadow bends and bites into the Raj for [261] damage!
TheTale: Spikes frisson on it, spearing through Charlotte!
TheTale: For 90 physical damage.
Linlea: "Those spikes look rude. Good thing I have a bow."
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Air Strike:13 Charlotte [F]:25 Raj Skate [F]:40 Linlea [B]:54
TheTale: Status for Raj Skate : [<span style="color: #008000;">=============== </span>]
TheTale: Eris!
[OOC] Charlotte: From magical damage?
Eris: "Wouldn't make a difference anyway, I don't think."
[OOC] Eris: form any damage
Linlea: "I'm way over here. That's SO cheating!" She fumes.
[OOC] TheTale: Yup, vs. all attacks~
Charlotte: "Oh dear."
[OOC] Charlotte: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 76</span>/550, MP: 310/550, LP: 7/7, SoS: 137 - Taking +30% damage (3)
Eris‘ distributes [132] damage to herself and Linlea. And then falls into [SoS], picking up the heal shadow. Or she would have if Charloette hadn’t of tagged it wiht the shadow. Alas!
Charlotte is the recipient of her own healing.
Charlotte rolled 1d12+162 and got 9 ( Total: 171.0 )
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 247/550, MP: 310/550, LP: 7/7, SoS: 137 - Taking +30% damage (3)
Eris‘ then dashes forward, spinning her hammer slightly before slamming it into the manta-ray’s eye. [Divert] [60D]
Eris‘ rolled 1d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 )
Linlea: "Y’know, I'm not really sure how to feel about the fact that since we came here the only people who have hurt me have been myself and you, Eris!"
TheTale: WHAM! It's a hit!
Eris‘ rolled d12+160 and got 6 ( Total: 166 ) for Anytime you deal damage to a target your hurt with your last action, it deals _50%. Reduce duraiton by _91) for each Rank above moook. :(
TheTale: What does the duration start at?
[OOC] TheTale: 166]!
Linlea narrowly misses Eris as a volley of arrows rains down on both of the targets. [Forward Artillery - 80 CoS]
[OOC] Eris: Er, (4).
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 43 ( Total: 43 ) for 80
TheTale: Okay, (3)!
Linlea rolled 1d12*1.2+140*1.2 and got 11 ( Total: 181.2 ) for Mop Up
TheTale: Spikes sizzle for [90] damage to Linlea and Eris!
[OOC] TheTale: 181]!
Eris: "You feel ever so delighted that you’re doing your part in keeping your fearless leader alive and well, Lea."
[OOC] Eris: HP:<span style="color: #ff0000;"> 16</span>/600, MP: 600/600, LP: 6/6, SoS: 150 - Grudge; +30% incoming dmg (4),Sparking; peter know what do (4)
Charlotte: "Fearless sounds about right."
TheTale: An air strike crashes down into Eris!
Linlea: "So are we going to turtle a bit. What does Char have in her apron anyways?"
TheTale rolled 1d10*1.2+105*1.2 and got 3 ( Total: 129.6 )
TheTale: Zapping her for 129 magical Jinn damage!
Eris: ( hm actually hold up lemme lazy that spark as I should have … ))
[OOC] Eris: naw that still kills me
Eris: "Speaking of dear, this'll knock me out unless you valiantly protect me."
Linlea sighs before pushes Eris to the ground. "You owe me later." [Guard Assist - Push Aside]
[OOC] Linlea: *pushing
TheTale: Zaps for 140 instead!
TheTale: …But, hey, Eris is saved!
TheTale: Battle order: Charlotte [F]:0 Raj Skate [F]:15 Linlea [B]:29 Eris [F]:35
TheTale: Status for Raj Skate : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">========= </span>] Divert(3)
TheTale: Charlotte!
Linlea: "So uh… I only could do that once."
Eris: "Mmhm."
Linlea: "Does our fearless leader have a plan?"
Charlotte concentrates again, her shadow rippling. [Recover, 15 CT, and then 35D since that's right before Raj]
Eris: "Just smash it."
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 247/550, MP: 250/550, LP: 7/7, SoS: 137 - Taking +30% damage (2)
Eris: "It's pretty kill or be killed at this point!"
Linlea: "Pretty sure if you smash it you're hitting the floor, but okay."
TheTale: The Raj Skate shivers again - [Spikes are still up!]
TheTale: And stabs into Charlotte!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 )
TheTale: …But it can't catch her!
TheTale: Battle order: Linlea [B]:0 Eris [F]:6 Charlotte [F]:21 Raj Skate [F]:36
TheTale: Status for Raj Skate : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">========= </span>] Divert(2)
TheTale: Linlea!
Charlotte lets out a breath as she hops back.
Eris: "Nope we got it."
Eris: "Just… don't miss!"
Eris: "And hit… as hard as you can!"
Linlea rolls her eyes. "What do you take me for? I'm all out of juice and I doubt this will do much but…" She fires off another arrow. [Out of Your League - 60D | Level?]
Linlea rolled 1d100 and got 71 ( Total: 71 ) for 80
[OOC] TheTale: It's level 2!
Linlea rolled d12*1.4+182*1.4 and got 5 ( Total: 261.79999999999995 ) for 2 Luck, Mop Up
[OOC] TheTale: 261]! Spikes sizzle for [90]!
TheTale: Battle order: Eris [F]:0 Charlotte [F]:15 Raj Skate [F]:30 Linlea [B]:54
TheTale: Status for Raj Skate : [<span style="color: #ff0000;">==== </span>] Divert(2)
TheTale: The shadow-skate smiles.
TheTale: "This isn't goodbye."
TheTale: "This is… we'll meet again."
Eris: "Hmm."
Eris: "Actually I'm going to knock myself out either way might as well."
Linlea: "I'll ready an emergency shot. See you in a bit."
Charlotte: "That sounds… kind of dumb, but okay."
Eris‘ shrugs, then rushes forward, the head of her hammer glowly bright white. [Kingpin] [70D]
Eris` rolled 1d100 and got 7 ( Total: 7 ) for threat I imagine?
TheTale: Yup, it’s Threat!
Eris‘ rolled d12+208 and got 7 ( Total: 215.0 )
Eris` hasten’s Linlea by -3D as well!
[OOC] TheTale: 215]!
Eris: "Well, we needed both our attacks for it to matter so…"
TheTale: It's slain - its spikes shooting out as it falls silent. to the tune of 90 physical damage.
Eris‘ shrugs, then slumps to the ground.
Charlotte: "I guess… that’ll do."
Linlea shakes her head before making her way to Eris. She slams an emergency shot into her.
[OOC] Linlea: VIT HP
[OOC] TheTale: Got 7 EXP
Charlotte points at their reviving member, and her shadow taps Eris's shadow to the tune of…
Eris‘ sits back up. "And that’s why be brought six of those things."
TheTale: Exorcism complete: Don't be afraid of the beasts that dwell in the dark.
Charlotte rolled 1d12+162 and got 5 ( Total: 167.0 )
Eris: "…Oh, I guess… D.2 is kind of like the grim reaper…?"
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 224/600, MP: 400/600, LP: 4/8, SoS: 150
Eris‘ glances back at the cart. "I don’t suppose any fuel survived?"
TheTale: …One lucky canister did.
Charlotte pats Linlea's back (+1 LP) before helping Eris up. "Well, at least that's something."
Eris‘ lets out a breath, taking Charlotte’s hand - is Eris' arm shaking? - before pulling herself up and running her hand through her hair.
Eris: "Anyway. Do we want to take a small break here, or press on? We brought a decent amount of travel supplies."
Linlea: "Hrm… how far do you think the ship is from here?"
TheTale: ..Far.
Linlea: "I can't see anything off in the distance."
Linlea slumps her shoulders. "… guess some lunch wouldn't hurt. Let's find a tree or something."
Eris‘ squints, then shrugs. "Sounds like a vote for a quick break. And don’t forget your fuel."
Charlotte: "Sounds good to me."
Linlea: "You're going to make ME carry it after I took that blow for you? Geeze, thanks."
Linlea groans before going to grab the fuel.
TheTale: Got it.
Eris: "It's just one! And one of us just DIED."
Charlotte: "Apparently, she is."
Eris‘ smiles pleasently at Linlea.
Linlea scratches at her cheek. "I… don’t actually think I've ever died."
Eris: "Or are you telling me that you're so feebile you need a women recently back from the dead to carry your luggage for you…?" Still smiling.
Linlea: "If things got hairy we ran."
Linlea: "And I was always in the back so I wasn't the first one to go down…"
Linlea: "I'm already carrying the luggage no need to rub it in. You still owe me a drink or something for that, though."
Eris: "You guilt so easily though." Eris lets out a soft laugh, then pulls out some of the travel supplies and begins to patch herself up. And the other two if they need help. [+250 HP/MP to everyone]
[OOC] Linlea: HP: 474/600, MP: 600/600, LP: 5/8, SoS: 150
[OOC] Charlotte: HP: 497/550, MP: 500/550, LP: 7/7, SoS: 137 - Taking +30% damage (2)
Linlea: "You got any medicine in there?"
Charlotte pulls out a packet of medicine and hands it to Linlea. "Several of them, yes."
Eris: "Three, but they're probably better saved for in combat. There's a lot more of the weaker MP restorers, though."
Charlotte: "There's six, not three."
Linlea: "I said medicine, not ethers. And we have six."
Eris: "So idealy if we're not doing anything Charlotte should be using her magic."
Eris: "Si - huh. Where did those other three come from…? Maybe I'm still a bit out of it."
Eris‘ rolls a shrug.
Charlotte: "They come in packs of six, silly."
Linlea: "Oh. That’s a fair point. I just need a top off. I tend to hurt myself a fair bit on my opening salvo."
Linlea: "Medicine or maid, doesn't matter to me!"
Charlotte: "Hmm, point taken."
Eris: "Heh."
Charlotte concentrates, and then her shadow taps Linlea's again.
Charlotte rolled 1d12+162 and got 11 ( Total: 173.0 )
[OOC] Charlotte: [SHP: 80] HP: 497/550, MP: 440/550, LP: 7/7, SoS: 137 - Taking +30% damage (2)
[OOC] Linlea: [SHP: 80] HP: 600/600, MP: 600/600, LP: 5/8, SoS: 150
Linlea stretches. "Great. Short break but scarily effective."
Linlea: "I'm assuming you don't want to waste any time either, right Eris?"
Linlea bends down to scoop up the fuel cannister.
Eris: "I'm not an old lady that needs coddling, Linlea."
Eris‘ stands back up after packing the supplies back away, then continues down the road.
Linlea: "Are you sure? Lots of old people are afraid of dying."
Charlotte giggles softly, then stretches. "I’d say we're more wary than afraid."
Linlea scratches her cheek before grinning. "Oh, wait. My mistake. You said you didn't need coddling."
Eris: "What part of anything which just happened makes you think I'm afraid of anything…?"
Charlotte: "It's true, you threw your self on its spikes quite willingly."
Linlea: "Hope you guys wore good shoes. We've got a long hike still ahead of us. If we're lucky we can reach the ship before its pitch black."
Eris: "I somehow doubt it'll take that long."
Eris: "…Though winter does mean earlier sundowns."
Linlea nods. "That's what I was getting at."
TheTale: Yup. It's a looong hike.
[OOC] TheTale: Prologue ~ I Dream the Ash and Smoke - Complete].

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License