Tom D01s04

TheTale: Day 1 - Dawn.
TheTale: …So…
TheTale: You're dead.
TheTale: …Wow, this is getting to be traditional for some of us, huh?
TheTale: And I mean, normally you'd be flitting off to wherever, to go mess something else up but…
TheTale: Nah.
TheTale: You can sit right there, in your cramped little coffin, deep beneath the earth, in…
[OOC] TheTale: The Vault of Wishes
TheTale: A faint grinding noise. Three faint grinding noises, in fact, one after the oter.
TheTale: And then, a splash of water, as three bodies wake up in their ice-pellet filled, white-petal covered coffins.
TheTale: …Three splashes of water, in fact. One after the other.
Shinzou really ought to start fighting back, one of these days, if only out of self-preservation. Ah, well. …hm, this is strange. The chain tugging, the ray of light cutting through the ice. The corners of his mouth turn up in a smile; that's the very first motion his body makes.
TheTale: "Wakey wakey." The sound of running water. There's a towering monster in a leather jacket leaning up against Shinzou's coffin, cradling a smoke in his hands. Puff, puff.
Zen stands up slowly, scratching his head. He halts for a moment, looking at his hands
Zen blinks, looks around "What…"
TheTale: After everything that happened, you're still…
TheTale: …Nah, I won't say it.
The smile deepens, and breaks into a laugh, which immediately breaks into a raw, spluttering cough; he sits bolt upright in the coffin as a torrent of ice water ejects itself from his lungs. He's grinning ear to ear.
Zen is still himself, he just had never done this before. Looks at Shinzou laughing, then looks at the monster "Wait"
Maria wakes up slowly, trying to stretch but hitting the top of the coffin. "…what?"
Zen: "Something does not belong here"
TheTale: "Yeah, uh, three things come to mind." The monster says.
Zen: "I hope this isn't a problem." he looks around, what kind of room is this? "Hello, at any rate"
TheTale: The mausoleum that is the Vault of Wishes - gently curved, its hallways open - its pillars looking out an enormous pit, on more vault of wishes, water flowing down from overhead, icy-water vanishing into the ocean far, far below, flowing underfoot in little trickles from cracks in the construction.
TheTale: In the distance, a fiend clambers down one of the pillars, swivelling eyes inspecting the tombs, taking notes on a little note-pad.
TheTale: In this passageway, there are rows upon rows of coffins tucked away in alcoves - each of them with a numbered plate upon them. Better kept than the rest.
Shinzou: "Mmm. Not the nicest way you've ever woken me up, but I'll take it given the circumstances." He scrabbles for a katana at his waist that isn't there, briefly, frowns, shakes his head.
TheTale: They aren't in order. They're removable.
Shinzou: "What's the situation?"
Zen: "I take it you know him?"
TheTale: "He's known me."
TheTale: The monster snuffs out his cigarette.
TheTale: "Yesker Sen. I'm here to break you guys outta this joint."
TheTale: He raps his fist on Maria's coffin.
TheTale: "You included, sleepyhead."
Zen sits at the edge of the coffin "Hrm… Not unused to B&E and C-SAR but, uhn…"
Maria gets out of her coffin, a bit bewildered.
Zen: "I'm taking it we're not waking up as late as we should"
Shinzou chuckles a little more, his breaths starting to get a little less raspy; clambers out of the coffin and lands in a wet pile on the floor, utters a child's minced oath under his breath, something like 'heck' or 'darn'.
Shinzou answers Zen, from the floor: "Yup. There's a situation."
TheTale: "There's a situation." Yesker agrees.
Zen: "Well, i'm thankful" he looks at Shinzou and Yester "Zen, though I think you know me already if you woke me up"
Zen: "What's the plan?"
TheTale: "Well, we're gonna get you your things back."
TheTale: "Then we're gonna get you back to the world of the living."
TheTale: "Then it's up to you. You ever heard that…"
TheTale: "Those with pure hearts can go to a whole new world?"
TheTale: "Now you have."
Zen: "That is new, yes"
Shinzou gets to his knees, then unsteadily to his feet, leaning against Yesker at one point, familiarly, glancing over at the other two. Nobody /he/ knows, although they do seem familiar. "-oh, new friends? Wonderful. My name's Shinzou."
TheTale: Yesker idly ruffles Shinzou's hair before pushing him back away.
Shinzou grins.
Zen stretches, passing a hand over his hair. He looks at Maria "What about you?"
Zen: "Take it you're not used to… Strange situations"
Shinzou: "Look at this kid, thinking he's used to strange situations." He grins lazily at Zen, ambles over in his direction. Hey look, he -can- walk!
Maria: "Maria Altsie, at your service. I…haven't been here on the other end until now."
Maria does a curtsie with her introduction.
Zen shrugs "Well, should we go, then?"
Zen: "Before someone else figures out we shouldn't be here right now"
Shinzou raises half an eyebrow, sketches a bow in response.
Zen looks at Yesker "Take it you know the way out"
Shinzou: "Usually there's a bit more pomp and circumstance. All your friends, lined up to welcome you home, you know? Well, that's true for me anyways, as it happens." He's basically waiting for the next move, idly limbering himself up. Swordsman's stances and stretches, if you've the eye to notice.
TheTale: "I know a way." Yesker cranes his head around the corner, waits for something - holds up a finger one, two, three - and then breaks into a dash, skidding down stairs, waving the trio to follow him.
Shinzou follows! Seems like he's done this sort of thing before.
Maria follows after him quickly.
Zen dashes after, vaulting past steps on the stairs
TheTale: He picks up a sort of mechanical-iron-spider fiend and hurls it out into the watery abyss before shouldering his way through a locked stone door set into one of seemingly infinite coffin-laden curves of the Vault. His hands take his wrench off his belt. There's a wet thunk as he swings it on the way in.
TheTale: "Alright," he says.
TheTale: "Get your things."
TheTale: An evidence room, or a crypt? Either way, it's full of little bags, the affairs of the dead, carefully stored until one day they can recoup them.
TheTale: It's a chance to change out of those gossamer-thin, ghostly white-and-red robes, too.
Shinzou does the little corners-of-his-mouth smile again as he scampers into the room, glancing around, immediately beelining towards one of the bags.
TheTale: The sword doesn't quite fit into it, so it's easy to tell which bag is Shinzou's.
TheTale: Ignore the dead body.
Maria starts glancing around, taking a bit to figure out the sorting scheme before finding her bag-wait, dead body?
Zen continues full speed into the room, skidding to a halt. He looks around, no way his things are too small so they should be there. There they are, a large piece of armor that looks like the scales of a pangolin monster, curled into a small ball with a backpack inside it. He throws his robes out, pulls the armor open and performing a dive-roll forward he seems to be fully dressed
Zen into it, chest piece color of his own skin and pants included, the backpack seems gone, hands already into the clawed gloves "There we go"
Zen: "Imagine it's a guard… It happens to guards"
TheTale: One of the vault-workers? He's dressed like a court of wishes clerk. His head's been caved in.
Zen: "I hate guard duty"
TheTale: So's some of his neck.
Maria: There's some clinking of metal as she distractedly picks up her bag. Sparing a glance at Yesker, she then takes the bag over behind cover to get changed.
Zen looks at the dead body, making a face at it, and shrugs
TheTale: Yesker gives Maria a little bit of a Look, but turns and gives her her privacy. While eyerolling at the far wall.
Shinzou opens the bag, rummages around inside it for a moment, frowns, pulls out the smooth wooden staff that he mistook for the katana- frowns- then remembers several things in quick succession, his face doing acrobatics- then his eyes fall on the dead guard, and he sighs softly, closes his eyes. Calmly changes into white monastic-doctor's robes, picks up the staff, picks up a pack
Shinzou of supplies.
Shinzou spares a glance in Zen's direction, staring with open curiosity at his armour.
Maria comes out from cover a couple of minutes later wearing an off-sholder dress with a detached collar, gauntlets, thighhighs rising above armoured boots, a tiara resting atop her long blonde hair, and a large axe resting on her shoulder.
Zen gins widely at Shinzou "Like it?"
Shinzou runs his fingers over the scales a bit grimly - then tilts his head to the side, interested. "Scales… but not scales. You're very interesting."
Zen: "Technically they really are my actual scales if you actually take to mind the composition of scales"
Zen: "I just had to hand-craft them"
Maria: "That's…some nice work, then."
Zen: "Either way, if you're interested, I could work on a project for you if you want… After we're out of here"
TheTale: Yesker peeks out the door, idly wiping his wrench off with a greasy rag. "So, we good to go?"
Maria: "I believe so. Where next, Mr. Sen?"
TheTale: "One by one, we see the sun… or something like that. Follow me." He leads the way, taking point - up stairs, past tremendous, statuesque faces of some ancient, impossible demons.
TheTale: And graves. Always graves.
Zen continues to run after "Did they really have to use a grave motif here? It looks rather annoying for a place that's supposed to be for rebirth"
Shinzou seems to shake out of something once they're out of the room. "Well, I mean. The 'rebirth' part usually doesn't happen here."
Shinzou: "This is just… the 'death' part, for which I think graves are a perfectly appropriate visual metaphor."
Maria: "This is just storage for the dead in queue."
Maria: "Exactly."
Zen: "Hrm… I guess"
Zen: "The actual return area should be a lot nicer"
Maria: "It is."
TheTale: "So, this is why we got you your weapons." Yesker wheels around the corner, and there's a cluster of fiends, forming a loose blockade with sealing rope tied across from statue to statue.
TheTale: Three of them are cold iron spider-things, carrying little note-books, with four swivelling eyes.
Maria sighs in relief. At least it's not Human guards.
Shinzou: "Oh, hello!"
TheTale: The fourth is an angel-statue on satyr-legs - as in, a stone angel statue, with little leg holes cut out, out of which goat legs stick out.
TheTale: "OUT OF ORDER." One of the fiends declares.
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Zen [F]:2 Countkeep A [F]:4 Shinzou [F]:5 Reliquarry A [F]:6 Yesker [F]:7 Countkeep C [F]:7 Countkeep B [F]:8
TheTale: Status for Reliquarry A : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Countkeep A : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Countkeep B : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Countkeep C : [==========]
Zen looks at the fiends "I suppose I can do this"
Maria run towards Countkeep A, attempting to stagger it with her axe. [After Me, 57D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 90 ( Total: 90 )
Maria spends 1 luck to hit.
TheTale: It chirps loudly and raises its notebook -
[OOC] TheTale: Actually, You'll Need 2.
[OOC] TheTale: Evasion 10!
[OOC] Maria: What?! Okay fine.
Shinzou: "Yeah, well, you're not a morally-relevant agent, so I don't want to hear it." He brandishes his staff, menacingly.
Maria rolled d10+120 and got 10 ( Total: 130.0 ) for +30% to next damage before it's turn
TheTale: It parries the first blow but - slash! It's hit! [130!]
TheTale: Zen!
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Countkeep A [F]:2 Shinzou [F]:3 Reliquarry A [F]:4 Yesker [F]:5 Countkeep C [F]:5 Countkeep B [F]:6 Maria [F]:55
TheTale: Status for Reliquarry A : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Countkeep A : [===== ]
TheTale: Status for Countkeep B : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Countkeep C : [==========]
Zen immediatelly runs after Countkeep A, delivering a straight slash with his right claw, brings his left foot closer to his right one, and suddenly drives his armored shoulder in a single smooth motion into the fiend [Beast Parry, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 ) for Physical, Melee
Also rolled 1d8+110 and got 8 [Total: 118]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 184
[OOC] Shinzou: there's a bonus!
[OOC] Maria: +30%
[OOC] TheTale: 153]! It explodes into bones and fiend-smoke!
[OOC] Zen: 212
[OOC] Zen: Deals -40% damage to targets not me
[OOC] Maria: HP: 550/550, MP: 550/550, SoS: 137 - Luck (8/10) ()
TheTale: "Trash, right?"
TheTale: Battle order: Shinzou [F]:0 Reliquarry A [F]:1 Yesker [F]:2 Countkeep C [F]:2 Countkeep B [F]:3 Zen [F]:44 Maria [F]:52
TheTale: Status for Reliquarry A : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Countkeep B : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Countkeep C : [==========]
TheTale: Shinzou!
Zen: "Tsk, was expecting more"
Shinzou almost looks a little disappointed, as he dances towards Countkeep B, twirls his quarterstaff, and slams it down on its head. [Setting Tinder D50]
Shinzou rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 ) for 80 - 10 from eva
TheTale: It's a hit!
Shinzou rolled d10+108 and got 10 ( Total: 118 )
[OOC] TheTale: 118]!
[OOC] Shinzou: HP: 550/550, [TMP: 120] MP: 550/550, SoS: 137 - +20 Critical (1),7/7 Luck (U)
[OOC] Zen: HP: 700/700, MP: 560/600, SoS: 175
TheTale: The Reliquarry kneels down (on goat-legs) and a spell-circle begins appearing before it. [Seal: Balance in CT15].
TheTale: Yesker whallops the Countkeep B.
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 ) for C70
TheTale rolled 1d10+150 and got 5 ( Total: 155.0 )
Shinzou finds it much easier to appreciate Yesker's carnage when he's demolishing fiends.
TheTale: Countkeep C - the sole remaining, after Yesker deconstructs B quite thoroughly - lunges at Shinzou. [Mean Regression - 60D]
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 98 ( Total: 98 ) for C80
TheTale: ..But it can't catch him!
Shinzou dances out of the way with a staff-assisted swinging leap!
TheTale: A magic circle declaring "CEASE" "DESIST" blazes into existence around Zen -
TheTale rolled 1d12+112 and got 3 ( Total: 115.0 )
Shinzou: "They do love their legalese up there these days, don't they?"
TheTale: Burning him to the tune of 115 magical Wisp damage! [Fiend Countermeasures (4) - Don't attack the Countkeep C!]
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Reliquarry A [F]:2 Shinzou [F]:6 Maria [F]:8 Yesker [F]:18 Countkeep C [F]:18
TheTale: Status for Reliquarry A : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Countkeep C : [==========]
TheTale: Zen!
Zen takes the magical damage, jumps forward "Enough play" he closes his fist and punches the Reliquarry, turns around and delivers a powerful backhand "Execution strike" he spins again and drives his claw right on it's gut [Execute, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for 80
Zen rolled 1d8+220 and got 1 ( Total: 221 )
Shinzou: "(I like this guy's style.)"
[OOC] TheTale: 221]! The statue cracks apart, and you almost catch a glimpse of whatever fiend is inside -
TheTale: And then she's gone, pulled through the veil.
TheTale: Battle order: Shinzou [F]:0 Maria [F]:2 Yesker [F]:12 Countkeep C [F]:12 Zen [F]:41
TheTale: Status for Countkeep C : [==========]
TheTale: Yesker whistles.
TheTale: "Picked the right corpses to dredge up."
Shinzou grins.
Shinzou then does a whirling, swirling dance around the remaining Countkeep, leaving moonlit afterimages of himself in the air, and they all lunge in with the staff at the same time - [Moth Dance D50]
Zen turns brings his right foot back "Takes a while to make that one work"
Shinzou rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 ) for 50/60
Shinzou: "Aw, heck."
TheTale: "PATTERNS LIKE THAT ARE FORBIDDEN." The Countkeep skids back, hiding behind the sealing-rope -
TheTale: Gonna take a lot of luck to cut through!
[OOC] Shinzou: meehhhh
Maria goes to stagger this Countkeep as well. "After me!" [57D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 88 ( Total: 88 )
TheTale: One luck to hit!
[OOC] Maria: Done
TheTale: Smash! It's a hit!
Maria rolled d10+120 and got 1 ( Total: 121.0 ) for +30% to next damage before it's turn
Zen vaults forward, in a roll, and suddenly springs upwards, feet towards the Countkeep C [Rolling Crash, S.A]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 51 ( Total: 51 ) for 80 CoS
TheTale: SLAM! It's a hit!
Zen rolled 1d8+110,150 and got 6 ( Total: 174.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 121]! [174]! It explodes!
TheTale: Eblemeti Vashfarim - Fiends are cast out and the party is victorious. Got 4 EXP!
Zen lands on his feet, cracks his knuckles "Good start, let's go"
TheTale: Yesker slams his wrench against the barrier a few times. "Somebody cut that?"
Shinzou: "One moment."
Shinzou strides forward, slams his foot on the ground and kiais - makes a sword-drawing motion, and there's a flash of riotous colour, his earring and sash briefly something -else-, something twisting and writhing and alive, slicing the barrier to pieces.
Zen: "See, now that is useful"
TheTale: The rope falls limp, leaving no sign that it was every anything else.
TheTale: …Somewhere, a bell rings.
TheTale: "Yeah, that's for us." Yesker says, spitting a mouthful off the side and breaking into another dash.
Zen runs after "I imagine breaking a barrier means setting off alarms. I hope you know a different way out"
Zen: "Unless you think we can crash through the front"
Shinzou: "Ahahahaha, oh my goodness. Don't give him ideas, he'll take them."
TheTale: "Didn't come here without a plan, no-" He says, leaping down one of the waterfalls, slipping into an alcove halfway down.
TheTale: …He made that look effortless.
Zen grimaces, alright. He jumps down the waterfall, driving his claws on the wall to slow his descent. Let's see if that works to get in the alcove if nobody has a better idea
Shinzou: "Hey!"
TheTale: Well, that's two!
Shinzou: "You forgot to pick all of us up and carry us with you!"
Zen: "I'm not that big!"
TheTale: "I've only got two hands."
TheTale: "And there's three of you."
Maria giggles, somewhat hysterically, at Shinzou's comment. Taking a quick glance after Yesker, she hops down as well, landing lightly on the alcove.
Shinzou gives Maria a what-the-hell,-yolo glance, shrugs, and jumps down the waterfall. He's -much- less dignified about it.
Zen reaches out and makes sure to (at least try) to catch Shinzou
TheTale: Yesker leans out and - nope, Zen's got him.
TheTale: "Now, this opens out on the…" Yesker wheels around and -
Shinzou: "Oof!" He disentangles himself from Zen, chuckling under his breath, re-balancing his glasses on his nose. "Thanks~"
TheTale: Between you and freedom, there's a gigantic makeshift wooden barricade, covered in a four-by-four lattice of slats - it seems like they open? - with four dark claws barely slipped around the sides to hold onto the waterway.
Zen looks at the barricade
Zen: "A wall fiend, I imagine?"
TheTale: Yesker readies his rench and advances.
TheTale: "I imagine."
Shinzou: "Please don't let it move a step forward every…"
TheTale: As the four approach the fiend, it reaches out a long, spindly claw, grabs onto a brick, and pulls it out of the ceiling above.
TheTale: Then it grabs onto the ceiling above it and shake-shake-shakes it until four fiends spill out - two counting-spiders, two goat-legged statues.
Shinzou: "Okay."
Zen raises an eyebrow "Better start this before more pop out of the stonework"
TheTale: The fiend begins to rapidly adjust itself - four spindly claws reaching out and fixing its slats, opening some shutters and closing the other, revealing some strange void beyond.
TheTale: And the aqueduct starts to soon feel… tangibly… hotter.
Shinzou: "Ooh. -That's- a neat trick."
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Zen [F]:0 Maxwellian [B]:1 Shinzou [F]:2 Yesker [F]:3 Reliquarry B [F]:3 Countkeep A [F]:4 Countkeep B [F]:4 Reliquarry A [F]:8
TheTale: Status for Reliquarry A : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Reliquarry B : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Countkeep A : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Countkeep B : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Maxwellian : [====================]
TheTale: Maria! Zen!
Maria leads off with a staggering blow at Countkeep A! [After Me, 57D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 24 ( Total: 24 )
TheTale: Slice! It's a hit!
Maria rolled d10+120 and got 10 ( Total: 130.0 ) for +30% to next damage before it's turn
Zen follows after Maria, driving both claws into it [Attack, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 82 ( Total: 82 ) for 80
Zen misses, spins around and delivers a backhand [1 luck]
TheTale: You'll need 2 - Countkeeps are [Evasion 10.]
[OOC] Zen: 2 luck
Zen rolled 1d8+110,130 and got 6 ( Total: 150.8 ) for Physical, Melee, Magic Stance
TheTale: Got it! It's a hit - [130] [150]! It explodes!
Zen steps back, right shoulder towards the enemy
[OOC] Maria: HP: 550/550, MP: 550/550, SoS: 137 - Luck (7/10) ()
[OOC] Zen: HP: 700/700, MP: 560/600, SoS: 175
TheTale: The Maxwellian quickly opens a slat, and a stream of invisible force blasts into Zen. [HE Particle - 20D]
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 51 ( Total: 51 ) for 90
TheTale rolled d8+99 and got 4 ( Total: 103.0 )
TheTale: For 103 physical damage!
TheTale: Battle order: Shinzou [F]:0 Yesker [F]:1 Reliquarry B [F]:1 Countkeep B [F]:2 Reliquarry A [F]:6 Maxwellian [B]:19 Zen [F]:45 Maria [F]:55
TheTale: Status for Reliquarry A : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Reliquarry B : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Countkeep B : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Maxwellian : [====================]
TheTale: Shinzou!
Shinzou twirls and spins towards Countkeep B! [Setting Tinder D50]
Zen takes the blow with more grace than one would expect "Not enough"
Shinzou rolled 1d100 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for 80 - 10
TheTale: It's a shining hit!
Shinzou rolled d10+108 and got 6 ( Total: 114 )
[OOC] TheTale: 114]! Yesker dashes in and follows up -
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 6 ( Total: 6 ) for 70
TheTale rolled 1d10+150 and got 2 ( Total: 152.0 )
TheTale: "Stealing all your luck, am I?" It explodes.
Shinzou just smiles.
TheTale: Yesker rolls up the sleeves of his jackets and extends a phantom chain down into the waters. A strange yellow light shines from somewhere deep below - [Shatter Wave for 40D.]
TheTale: Reliquarry B awkwardly attacks Shinzou!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 53 ( Total: 53 ) for 80
TheTale rolled d8+45 and got 7 ( Total: 52.0 )
TheTale: Hitting him for 52 damage with a goat-like kick.
TheTale: There's an abyssal revving, and a jet of phantom water, the wake from some unseen shape, rips through the Reliquarry for [151] magical Undine damage.
TheTale: There's a strange locking noise from within the Maxwellian - [3-Stage]
TheTale: Reliquarry A begins casting [Heal Energy - CT25!]
TheTale: A stream of high-energy particles hits Shinzou for 66 physical Salamander damage!
TheTale: Another stream hits for another 66 physical Salamander damage!
[OOC] Shinzou: HP: 366/550, [TMP: 80] MP: 550/550, SoS: 137 - 7/7 Luck (U),Setting Tinder (1)
Zen: "Haven't seen that particular form of technique before, Yesker"
Shinzou: "Oh, he has all -sorts- of neat tricks."
TheTale: The Maximillian slips its face around the wall, grins madly at Shinzou [Marked for Death - Shinzou's Taking +30% Damage until End of My Next Turn]
TheTale: And fires [Entropy Reversal] at him, opening all slats and unleashing a horrible torrent of heat!
Maria pushes Shinzou to the side, taking the blast instead! [G.A.]
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 81 ( Total: 81 ) for 80 Bonus damage vs. Been Damaged Lately
[OOC] Zen: Aww, I was going to do that but it missed entirely anyway
[OOC] Maria: or not
TheTale: The HE streams bend out of the way, striking harmlessly into the ground and walls!
TheTale: The final of [3 Stages] hits Shinzou for 66 physical!
Shinzou is shoved out of the way, and smiles at Maria gratefully. That… looks like it would have been rather painful!
[OOC] Shinzou: HP: 300/550, [TMP: 80] MP: 550/550, SoS: 137 - 7/7 Luck (U),Setting Tinder (1)
TheTale: Reliquarry A finishes casting [Heal Energy] on B, patching the statue up to full with a shine of wisp-light!
TheTale: Reliquarry B's raring to go. [Fighting Spirit +50% (7)]
TheTale: Battle order: Yesker [F]:0 Zen [F]:4 Reliquarry B [F]:4 Reliquarry A [F]:5 Shinzou [F]:9 Maria [F]:14 Maxwellian [B]:18
TheTale: Status for Reliquarry A : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Reliquarry B : [==========] Fighting Spirit 50(7)
TheTale: Status for Maxwellian : [====================]
TheTale: Yesker slams into Reliquarry B with a wrench hit!
Zen: "Yesker, you know the one to hit"
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 ) for C80
TheTale rolled 1d12+150 and got 12 ( Total: 162.0 )
TheTale: Knocking it back down into SoS to the tune of 162 damage!
Zen goes after the one Yesker hit, slashing with his left claw [Attack, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 93 ( Total: 93 ) for 80
TheTale: That'll be two luck!
Zen spins again, and delivers a kick [2 luck]
Zen rolled 1d8+110 and got 5 ( Total: 115 )
[OOC] Zen: HP: 627/700, MP: 560/600, SoS: 175
[OOC] TheTale: 115]! It explodes, the fiend inside escaping!
TheTale: Reliquarry kicks Shinzou!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 14 ( Total: 14 ) for The one left, I mean. 80
TheTale rolled d8+45 and got 7 ( Total: 52.0 )
TheTale: Hitting for a lonely 52 physical damage.
TheTale: Lock and load - the Maxwellian readies for [3 Stages!]
TheTale: Though, actually, that's 67 damage - Marked for Death.
TheTale: Battle order: Shinzou [F]:0 Stage I:1 Maria [F]:5 Stage II:6 Maxwellian [B]:9 Stage III:11 Reliquarry A [F]:36 Zen [F]:42 Yesker [F]:51
TheTale: Status for Reliquarry A : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Maxwellian : [====================]
TheTale: Shinzou!
Shinzou dances around the Maxwellian, leaving moonlight after-images of himself at various of its slats, and with a cry, they all jab forward with their staves! [Moth Dance D50]
Shinzou rolled 1d100 and got 14 ( Total: 14 ) for 50/70
TheTale: It's a critical hit! Damage reduced vs. back row!
Shinzou rolled d10+129,180% and got 1 ( Total: 234.0 )
[OOC] TheTale: 234]!
TheTale: One of the slats falls shattered, letting a refreshing breeze pour out.
TheTale: …Wait, it's actually cooler on the other side!?
Shinzou grins smugly. "THOUGHT so. VERY clever."
TheTale: Stage I hits for 85 physical damage to Shinzou!
TheTale: Maria!
[OOC] Shinzou: HP: 163/550, [TMP: 60] MP: 550/550, SoS: 137 - 7/7 Luck (U)
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Stage II:1 Maxwellian [B]:4 Stage III:6 Reliquarry A [F]:31 Zen [F]:37 Shinzou [F]:45 Yesker [F]:46
TheTale: Status for Reliquarry A : [==========]
TheTale: Status for Maxwellian : [=============== ]
Shinzou: "Hah. This one has a grudge, I think."
Maria strikes at the Reliquarry! [Forward Strike, 50D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 9 ( Total: 9 )
Maria rolled d10+120,200% and got 1 ( Total: 242.0 ) for guess no worries about the S.A. bonus
TheTale: It explodes! [242]!
TheTale: Stage II hits for another 85 physical to Shinzou!
[OOC] Shinzou: HP:7 78/550, [TMP: 60] MP: 550/550, SoS: 137 - 7/7 Luck (U)
TheTale: "Oh, c'mon! I didn't go to all this trouble-"
TheTale: Maxwellian fires [Entropy Inversion] at Shinzou!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 27 ( Total: 27 )
TheTale: Yesker pushes his way in to stop it!
Zen stares at Shinzou, walks over to him, back to the Maxwellian "Hi" [G.A.]
TheTale rolled d8+99 and got 2 ( Total: 101.0 )
TheTale: "I got it! Don't worry!"
Zen drags Shinzou out as Yesker jumps in "Don't you just feel loved today"
Shinzou smiles as Zen drags him out of the way. "I do have wonderful friends!"
TheTale: Stage III comes shooting for Shinzou and - "Get that one, okay?"
Zen is still holding Shinzou in his arms, taking the hit
TheTale: For 66 physical to Zen!
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Maxwellian [B]:7 Shinzou [F]:8 Yesker [F]:9 Maria [F]:13
TheTale: Status for Reliquarry A: [==========]
TheTale: Status for Maxwellian : [=============== ]
TheTale: Zen!
TheTale: Oops, quarry isn't up, of course.
TheTale: More like:
TheTale: Battle order: Zen [F]:0 Maxwellian [B]:7 Shinzou [F]:8 Yesker [F]:9 Maria [F]:13
TheTale: Status for Maxwellian : [=============== ]
Zen turns around, letting go of Shinzou in a single swift move, slashing at the Maxwellian. He steps in closer, and with one more step drives his elbow into it [Beat Parry, 47D]
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 67 ( Total: 67 ) for 80 CoS
Zen rolled 1d8+110 and got 6 ( Total: 116 ) for Physical, Melee, Direct Stance, -40% damage against not-Zen
[OOC] TheTale: 116]! It swivels its eyes on Zen.
Zen grins
Maria follows up the attack after Zen! [S.A.]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 52 ( Total: 52 )
Maria rolled d10+120,140% and got 6 ( Total: 176.39999999999998 )
[OOC] TheTale: 176]!
TheTale: The Maxwellian fires a [HE Stream] at Zen!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 70 ( Total: 70 ) for C90
TheTale rolled d8+99 and got 1 ( Total: 100.0 )
TheTale: For 100 physical damage!
Maria steps in for the hit! [G.A.]
[OOC] Maria: 70 damage before ARM then?
Zen brings both of his hands in front of him to shield. But Maria steps in
[OOC] TheTale: Less - 60, because -40%.
TheTale: Battle order: Shinzou [F]:0 Yesker [F]:1 Maria [F]:5 Maxwellian [B]:19 Zen [F]:39
TheTale: Status for Maxwellian : [======== ]
[OOC] Maria: It's actually -30%
TheTale: Shinzou!
[OOC] TheTale: Oh :>
[OOC] Maria: HP: 510/550, MP: 550/550, SoS: 137 - Luck [7/10] ()
Shinzou starts chanting a mudra as a gust of wind swirls his robes, and a little chime on his earring goes 'ting, ting, ting'. [CT 20]
TheTale: Yesker beats his way through the Maxwellian wall!
TheTale rolled 1d100 and got 44 ( Total: 44 ) for C80
TheTale rolled 1d10+150 and got 5 ( Total: 155.0 )
TheTale: To the tune of 155 physical damage! Maria!
Zen performs his [Rolling Crash - S.A.] against it!
Zen rolled 1d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 ) for 80 CoS
Zen rolled 1d8+110,140 and got 4 ( Total: 159.6 )
TheTale: Battle order: Maria [F]:0 Maxwellian [B]:14 Shinzou [F]:15 Zen [F]:34 Yesker [F]:56
TheTale: Status for Maxwellian : [= ]
TheTale: The wall begins to spider and crack…
TheTale: Maria!
Maria follows up with another strike against the Maxwellian! [Forward Strike, 50D]
Maria rolled 1d100 and got 29 ( Total: 29 )
TheTale: It's a hit!
Maria rolled d10+120 and got 1 ( Total: 121.0 ) for SA after this gets +20% and heals the user 64 HP
[OOC] TheTale: 121]!
Maria: "Shinzou, now!"
Shinzou pauses his mudra, briefly - yells a kiai and a brightly-coloured streamer launches at the Maxwellian! [S. A.]
Shinzou rolled d12+162,120% and got 10 ( Total: 206.4 )
[OOC] TheTale: 206]!
TheTale: The Maxwellian trembles and explodes, leaving only little wooden bits and twitching claws.
[OOC] Maria: It's actually +60% because of Domino Effect, but…
[OOC] TheTale: Got 8 EXP
TheTale: Eblemeti Vashfarim - Fiends are cast out and the party is victorious.
Zen watches as Shinzou uses the most unusual finisher "That did work"
TheTale: Yesker walks forward, kicking a twitching-shadow claw into the gutter, where it's swept away.
TheTale: "Just past here."
Zen goes after "Let's see how this works out"
Maria nods, following Yesker.
Shinzou trails off his mudra, looking a bit the worse for wear, but, he'll manage. He does enjoy the nice cool breeze, for a moment, before following. "…thank you, everyone."
Zen: "That's what a unit is like. I take it you already know that, though"
TheTale: The waterway opens up on - a short, gentle rocky descent, and then a snow-flecked beach where Yesker's motorcycle awaits.
Shinzou frowns, and doesn't respond to Zen. Maybe there's a hint of a nod?
TheTale: …In the distance, above the city walls, a terrible giant is slowly retreating back into the wilderness.
TheTale: Yesker mutters something like 'only asked for a distraction.' He climbs atop his bike.
TheTale: The sun is shining.
TheTale: "So…"
TheTale: "This is your world now, guys and dolls. Whatever that means to you."
TheTale: "You staying here, or do you want a lift back to my side of the mountain?"
Maria: "I'm assuming that you mean Sycorax. While I appreciate your help, I'd rather stay here."
TheTale: "Yup." He pauses.
TheTale: "I do."
Maria: "Is there any reason why you picked us, by the way?"
Shinzou: "Mmm." He takes a deep breath. "…you know I'd…"
Zen "I suppose I should make my way back to my unit but" he looks at Yesker "I suppose I could offer my work there for a while in thanks for your help?"
Zen: "Unless you don't quite need it"
TheTale: Yesker rolls his shoulders.
TheTale: "Up to you. That's what being a pure heart means."
Zen: "What… Do you mean with pure heart?"
Zen: "Wait, don't tell me"
Zen: "something tells me it's too much bullshit for me"
TheTale: Yesker nods. And doesn't.
Whatever it was he was going to say goes left unsaid. "Haha. Let's meet up over tea, Zen."
TheTale: Rev, rev.
TheTale: "Be seeing you."
Shinzou: "I ought to check in with the Monastery. Figure out how long I've been out."
Shinzou: "…take care of yourself, okay?"
Shinzou: "See you soon."
TheTale: "Hey, I ain't the one who kicked the bucket."
Maria: "Thank again, Mr. Sen."
Zen gently removes the glove portion of his armor, letting it hang "Alright, we should really meet up over tea"
Shinzou smiles. "Good point."
TheTale: Yesker takes off, engines roaring.
TheTale: …It's a brand new day.
TheTale: …One of ten.
Zen: "I'll go meet my unit, look for the Silver Fangs if you want"

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License