Mana P4y1s02

Mana: And so it was written: Pokiehlember 4th, Year 1, Undine's Day. The forests of Dryad, near Tacaroon. The fog gently lifts as the morning continues. A brisk wind rustles through the crisp leaves of the woods.
Theodore: "Well anyway, now that that's taken care of, if we're not going straight to the palace…"
Veracruz is absent-mindedly cracking his knuckles "Hrm… Whatevre was the next plan we had for today?"
Vladislav glances at Theodore with a look of disapproval. "The entire lizard population is still in L'Arena. It will take time."
Theodore: "I know! That was a leading statement."
Theodore: "Said with the expectation that someone would finish the thought."
Theodore glances between Vladislav and Alexander a few times.
Veracruz: "Hrm… We could go check out the place that they made recently? That fortress"
Alexander: "Undine is just around the corner. I propose we look into the Ice Breaker strike."
Veracruz: "I… Don't like what I heard about it"
Vladislav: "While I do wish to visit the Pure Land once more, it is something that should be done later into the night. I do not expect to return from conventional means."
Veracruz looks at Alexander "That's closer! We could go there first, yeah"
Theodore: "See there ya go, two ideas. (This works much better when everyone's playing along!)"
Vladislav: "Is the Ice Breaker strike a serious issue in Undine?"
Theodore slings his staff across his back, then starts towards Undine. "Uhh… I think it's not a serious issue *yet*,b ut it's getting ready to turn into one? The guys at the statue were getting a little worried."
Vladislav: "The district serves as a gate between others, I cannot say I spend much time here."
Veracruz goes along with Theodore "Well, there's a giant iceberg in the pier that is blocking everything, the people who break those are nearly untouchable by law AND are on strike"
Veracruz: "It could get messy, yeah"
Theodore: "But like, if they stop working the ice? Port'll completely shut down, and we don't have enough open windows from Titania as is. Not to mention that's like, literally winter encroaching."
Alexander: "That was my worry, yes. We don't need the harbour shutting down right now."
Aurora nods. "We need to get the harbour cleared. It's just as important as opening the Gate in Salamander, I think."
Vladislav: "Sounds to me like an invasion would be much more difficult to accomplish with our ports blocked off. I'm not sure I see the issue." He grins slightly.
Vladislav: "Although it would seem they have opted another road ending up in the Luna."
Theodore: "Man, they're coming in from the Luna and Shade anyway."
Vladislav: "As they should. Undine's port is actually monitored to some degree in comparision."
Theodore: "Hm. Yeah."
Vladislav: "Regardless I will leave these affairs in your capable hands. I lack both context and interest. Just try to approach them efficiently there are other places I wish to travel to."
Alexander: "Let us be on our way then and secure passage to the Stateswoman. Provided things do not go terribly, we can head down to Shade and investigate the fortress."
Theodore: "I don't know about you, but I've been walking towards Undine this entire time."
Vladislav: "Discounting the fact that Alexander is in fact an apparation using some form of telepathy to communicate with us on our travel, the statement applies to all of us Theodore."
Alexander: "Haven't you heard of trying to move the narrative along?"
Theodore: "I actually have heard of people that use telepathy before, so it's not entirely out fo the realm of reason!"
Alexander: "I was more referring to finding a boat to take us to the statue, however."
Mana: Over the gate of Dryad - an easy haul - and into Undine District.
Mana: The iceberg looms high in the harbor.
Theodore: "Ah, do you actually need a boat to get out there? I thought it was like the others and didn't strictly need one. Hmm."
Vladislav: "Don't tell me you're afraid of water."
Veracruz: "Well, there isn't any actual pathway over there"
Veracruz: "IT's a big piece of ice in the middle of the sea, how else would you get there"
Alexander: "I have not personally been to visit the Stateswoman before, but if there is a way that doesn't require convincing someone to take us there, it's probably better to take that option."
Theodore: "Pfft. Why would I be afraid of water? I thought you could just climb onto it from the docks, like you can with the Mystic is all."
Theodore: "I haven't been to the Stateswoman before either. Since your supposed to not go there, or something? Also no they totally live on one of the statues, Cruz."
Theodore: "…wonder how they'd react if someone else took a boat out to go pick at the iceberg though."
Veracruz: "Oh, my bad"
Alexander: "People don't tend to go to the Stateswoman because the Ice Breakers kill anyone that steps foot in their village. Nasty business. They don't even get punished for it."
Veracruz: "I guess I never paid attention to where they live"
Alexander: "Well, personally punish. An effigy is punished instead."
Theodore: "Oh. Yeah, that's a good reason!"
Veracruz: "Hrm… It might be a little difficult to get to the them, then"
Veracruz: "Hopefully we don't need to kill anybody in the process"
Theodore starts to open his mouth, glances at Alexander and Vladislav, closes his mouth.
Vladislav narrows his brow in return. "You seem to have some misconceptions of me. Killing someone who is not in a position of power does nothing to help the situation at hand. Swift eradication of leaders can change the tides of history."
Theodore: "I didn't say anything!"
Mana: Anyway, so the harbor of Undine: The shattered statue of the Stateswoman is the closest to the low-docks. Fallen recumbent, smoke pours from the fissures in its bronze hide, and oil-lamps flicker in its darkness.
Mana: As for the ice-berg, it looms tremendous over the moored ships - close enough to touch if you leaned past the stern of that galleon there, among the web of ships all tethered together.
Mana: But a wooden walkway does lead to the Stateswoman, to those bold enough to go there.
Theodore: "Aha, I *thought* so. Yeah that's totally climb-up-able. Not very welcoming though."
Mana: The Ironclad stand vigilant on every street-corner, motionless in the billowing fog.
Veracruz takes in a breath of the fog "Well, we can definitely go up there. No worse than other places we had to go before"
Theodore: "…Anyway you should head up first, Alex."
Alexander: "If you insist."
Alexander will head up the walkway to the Stateswoman, then.
Veracruz follows after Alexander
Mana: The planks are decrepit, lit by hanging lanterns on shaky poles. The whole thing drifts and creaks with every choppy break of the tide against its supports.
Theodore gives them a bit of a head start before following.
Mana: The Stateswoman is split a the hips, and in the cavity of her bronze stomach sit the signs of a village - fires, smoke, lights in shacks.
Veracruz looks at the lights as they come nearer, hopefully nothing untoward will happen when they finally get close
Alexander approaches, looking for any 'locals' to greet before he technically could be considered to have entered the village.
Mana: Don't seem to be any in sight. Are they all staying inside? You can see some people gathered around fires further in, but not - well, not within greeting range.
Alexander figures. Hopefully this doesn't end poorly, but he'll continue closer.
Veracruz follows after "Hrm… This worries me a little bit"
Theodore sniffs at the air as they approach.
Mana: The scent of salt, acrid smoke, and cooking meat, Theodore.
Mana: The village is built in levels - wooden supports hold walkways up all along the inside of the statue, filled with densely packed shacks. One of them bursts open, on the lowest level, a short, stocky man with a scraggly beard, dressed in furs, pointing the brilliant glare of a hooded lamp in Alexander's face.
Alexander: "Greetings. I come in peace and wish to discuss why you are not fulfilling your agreement with Titania."
Mana: He snorts. "What, you an emissary or somethin'?"
Alexander: "More or less."
Mana: "Well, we ain't breakin' no ice if the Emperor doesn't hold up his end of the deal."
Alexander: "And this is where negotiations begin. What isn't he upholding?"
Mana: "He killed one of our girls, that's what he did."
Alexander frowns. "The Emperor himself, or one of his agents?"
Theodore tilts his head. "The only one I remember the Emperor killing was, uh. One of his own commanders."
Aurora: "Don't forget having one of his own assassins killed."
Theodore: "Oh right. (He got better though.)"
Veracruz: "That still wasn't quite him doing that, Aurora. Unless i'm missing something"
Mana: "He wouldna dirtied his hands on one of our kind, that's for sure."
Aurora: "Well, no, but he might have given the order for it."
Aurora: "So how and why was one your girls killed?"
Mana: "Hangin' death. Bad way. Top of the statue. Nobody found her till the morning."
Mana: "Order-papers left in her pocket. Was official, like."
Veracruz headscratches
Veracruz: "Is it normal to leave the orders on the corpse, Alex?"
Aurora frowns. "Any reason given?"
Alexander: "Only if they want a message sent or the person behind it is a bit of an eccentric."
Vladislav: "Sounds to me like you need to do a bit of research on your end before diving too deeply into this issue."
Mana: The man snorts. "Yeah, so, now you know. Emperor can hang himself and his whole damn city for all we care, if he shipped us in just fer this."
Mana: "Land of hope my bad eye."
Alexander: "What might be done for restitution?"
Mana: He swivels the lamp over at Aurora, then at Vladislav, and back into Alexander's eyes.
Mana: "Nothin, that's what."
Veracruz crosses his arms
Veracruz: "This… Is a real problem"
Veracruz lets Alexander continue, however
Aurora glances over to Alex. "What if this was the work of a rogue agent, stirring up trouble for everyone?"
Alexander: "I suppose I will have to get to the bottom of this, then." He glances at Aurora. "That is a possible theory, yes." Turning back to the Ice Breaker, he says, "I thank you for your time and honesty."
Aurora: "Is there any chance we could get the orders for our investigation?"
Alexander: "Or a copy, if you wish to keep them for proof of wrongdoing."
Aurora: "Or that."
Mana: "Hmph." He snorts, considers, then turns around.
Mana: "Come with me, I'll get you em."
Theodore glances around the area briefly, but follows after the man.
Veracruz follows, cautiously. He's sure he isn't setting up a trap, but a flash mob could happen
Alexander hopes it isn't a trap, it would definitely end badly for someone.
Mana: Through the village - the ice-pick men, idle, look up at you from huddles and games of dice over metal flasks of grain liquor - your escort leads you into a particularly small shack, lighting one of the lamps inside from the one he's carrying.
Mana: The windows are fogged up with moisture, the walls black with rot.
Mana: A little archive, it looks like - stacks of paper on the shelves, some tied together with string. Maps spilling off of the desk.
Veracruz looks around, but lets the man handle the archive
Mana: Veracruz: Hints of… mechanisms. Plans. That even looks like the blueprint to Salamander's foundry, even.
Veracruz raises an eyebrow
Mana: The man grumbles under his breath and eventually produces, from a creaking drawer, the orders.
Mana: For the death of… "One of the ice-pick men." …
Mana: …But it looks authentic.
Alexander frowns. That's oddly generalized for one of those orders.
Theodore tilts his head to the side.
Vladislav: "I say we take it to the girl. Larry was it? She might be able to determine it's authenticity."
[OOC] Vladislav: *its
Veracruz glances from behind Alexander, then looks at Vlad
Vladislav: "Lurry? I don't know." He shrugs.
Alexander: "Excellent idea, either way."
Theodore: "Lurry, yeah."
Mana: "…Bloody shame, that's what it is."
Alexander: "It is. The order appears authentic, but usually targets are more…specific. This does seem rather odd."
Veracruz: "Hrm… Something is wrong here, that much is obvious… This well smells of a set up but… We will discover why this order was given, or who could make such an authentic copy"
Mana: "Yeah, well. Wish you a fat load of luck on that, that's for certain."
Theodore nods seriously to the man.
Alexander nods as well, before starting to head back.
Mana: The walkway outside the statue.
Mana: …Well, that was a surprising lack of being slaughtered on the spot.
[OOC] Alexander: it was, yeah
Alexander: "That didn't go as badly as I feared, but no closer to resolving it."
Alexander heads for the Monkey Do to meet this Lury person.
Theodore: "Yeah that… was weird in general."
Veracruz: "It was really weird"
Veracruz: "I was expecting something else entire, to be sincere"
Veracruz crosses his arms "I wonder how much of what people say about these people is just stories"
Mana: The tavern, the Monkey Do. Lury the Beetle, slight and redheaded, dozes, slumped over the corner table, surrounded by empty glasses. The bartender - a stoic Ironclad - approaches her to try to clean them away, and -
Theodore: "Man though. Is it just me or is the fact that the order says 'ice-pick man' and the dead one being a girl bugging anyone else too? I get the feeling it maybe shouldn't, but."
Mana: She swats at his hand, grumbling.
Veracruz: "Well, those people are called 'the ice-pice men', I was simply attributing that to a quirk of language"
Alexander: "Man is sometimes used more generically than gender, but it is odd, yes."
Veracruz: "But it does well to remember how generic this order was"
Alexander: "Not a morning person, is she?" he comments to the others, before approaching the table.
Theodore: "Nope."
Vladislav: "She's been asleep every time I've visited. I don't come here in the evening."
Veracruz: "Well, the morning can be harsh"
Alexander: "Ma'am, would you be able to examine a document for me?"
Mana: She makes some sort of muffled grumbling noise.
Alexander: "Is that a 'yes, if I have to', or a 'go away and bug me later'?"
Mana: "hrrr-gmbl-rgm." She lifts her head, very slightly, and taps the bare table by her elbow.
Theodore: "(I think that's a yes.)"
Alexander lays the document on the table near her elbow. "(I gathered that.)"
Mana: She fumbles in her massive coat for an eyeglass. She examines it to what seems like her satisfaction.
Mana: She slides the document back.
Mana: She flicks one of the glasses sitting on the table: a sharp -plick-.
Theodore: "(I think *that's* a signal for booze as payment!)"
Alexander just shakes his head silently, then motions for the bartender to get her the first glass of the day.
Mana: The Ironclad fixes a thin, hot coal gaze at Alexander. "Not giving that lush any more of a head start."
Mana: Lury grumbles.
Mana: "I'll take one off your tab."
Alexander: "Fair enough."
Mana: Lury grumbles further, eventually fixing one eye at Alexander.
Mana: "S'real."
Alexander frowns. "Not what I was hoping to hear, but thank you."
Veracruz: "Hrm… Thank you"
Veracruz crosses his arms
Theodore: "Oh."
Theodore: "Is it dated?"
Alexander takes a closer look at the document.
Veracruz: "You thinking someone picked up an old order, eh?"
Theodore: "Well, Im' just curious when the order was given in general. It seems like an odd move if it was within the last few days."
Mana: Doesn't look like it's dated. Just, generally, a command to kill. Might be worth talking to assassins to see who did it.
Veracruz looks at Vlad "Vlad… We've had an invitation for Prince Lion. How original was that?"
Veracruz: "In clearer words, how many people actually sign the emperor's name?"
Vladislav: "It was authenticated by the court, but the Emperor never saw it."
Veracruz: "I'm thinking"
Veracruz: "You might not be the first one to pull off that trick"
Vladislav: "The culprit likely lies in the Jinn district."
Theodore: "Hmm. Interesting. I wonder if the invaders have a mole."
Alexander: "They seem to have a lot of advantages. Speaking of which, do we want to head to that fortress now?"
Theodore: "Sounds like a plan."
Veracruz: "Think this is something we'll have to look into a little later, when we pass by Jinn"
Vladislav: "I shall accompany you to the fortress, then. After I have some business of my own in Jinn to deal with."
Mana: Lury bats mournful, puppy-dog eyes at the bartender. It doesn't, really, work.
Alexander: "I can't really go into the Tower, so…"
Theodore: "Oh?"
Alexander hands 20 lucre to the bartender before leaving, though.
Veracruz: "He's dead, remember?"
Alexander: "No, more because I'm a relative."
Veracruz: "Oh?"
Theodore: "More towards Vlad, but."
Veracruz: "Wait, that's strange"
Alexander: "They don't let the Emperor's relations into the Tower."
Veracruz: "Hrm… I guess they're afraid of an assassin or something"
Veracruz: "Which wouldn't be exactly wrong in your case but still"
Alexander: "Well…"
Vladislav: "Just some affairs that need tying up, is all."
Theodore: "…Wacky, imperial families usually like to stick close, don't they?"
Alexander shrugs.
Mana: The bartender takes it. Undine opens up before you:
Mana: Well, water and fog and the spray of cold salt.
Veracruz stretches "Where did that fortress pop up on?"
Aurora: "I think it was in Shade or Gnome?"
Theodore: "Between them, yeah."
Alexander: "Down below somewhere, yes."
Veracruz: "Good, I guess it's faster to take the path through Shade"
Mana: Well, what way are you taking, Veracruz?
Veracruz takes the party over to the side of the road, looking around "hrm…" he puts a compass over his bracer, looking around, then looks down "Follow me" he jumps down an open sewer grate
Veracruz knows broken pathways in the sewer system- Though there were not made for people, they are fit now
Theodore: "Another shortcut?" Theodore drops in after him.
Mana: Through fissures, ancient catacombs, winding around the waterways that run beneath Wisp, past the light of ancient lamps to -
Aurora: "Just how many do you know?"
Mana: Gnome District, at the base of a huge canyon past the Manse Dacabre -
Mana: You can see the sky up above, even. And the edge of Salamander…
Veracruz: "A few"
Mana: And even its roof was split open by the new arrival.
Theodore: "Woooooah."
Alexander: "…sunlight in Gnome. How novel."
Veracruz looks up, up, at the distant light "Yeah"
Veracruz: "This is about as close as I know to get, I haven't been to the fortress yet, I'd need to look around in it"
Aurora: "That, I think, is what we're about to do."
Theodore: "Should be *too* hard to just move towards the canyon."
[OOC] Theodore: shouldn't^
Veracruz nods
Veracruz looks up at the walls of the canyon, then looks at the fortress ahead "A very well chosen place to build"
Theodore: "Yeah they pulled a good one over on him."
Veracruz: "YEah, this place's dangerous just for existing, i'd say"
Veracruz: "So how're we approaching this, just walking in?"
Theodore: "Don't see why not."
Veracruz nods "Alright, let's do this" he starts heading onwards
Mana: The Manse is quiet, yet eerie - the dead don't seem to have risen early this morning - and the back courtyard, and its quiet, bone-bare garden, leads out onto the end of the river.
Mana: It vanishes underground into a waterway, through an iron grille, but up ahead:
Mana: Even in the fog, it's burbling, and sparkling, and bright. Stray logs and pieces of driftwood are pinned up against the stony river shore, scoured smooth and white by the flow.
Mana: Sandstone canyon walls rise up high to either side.
Mana: Proud Canyon, the maps call it. Well, the ones that have been updated.
Mana: A thin path leads up along the riverside, winding around some large rocks to climb past a waterfall.
Veracruz looks at the long winding path yet to be followed "Well, seems like we're going to have to take the long road"
Theodore: "Yup. Kind of a nice view, though."
Theodore uses his staff as a walking sticdk as eh follows the path up.
Mana: There's a scatter of falling stones from the canyon wall beside you, and monsters show themselves:
Veracruz just walks calmly with his usual grace, until they're interrupted by monsters "Well, it didn't actually take long"
Mana: Leaping down, a pair of white, snowy foxes with vicious gleams in their eyes, huge, brush-like tails, and a vaguely hat-looking tuft of fur on their heads.
Mana: Following after, their roots pulling loose from the rockface, leering, luminscent flower-bulbs on long, thorny vines. Lampvines, it seems.
Theodore: "I guess they brought their own monsters too?"
Veracruz looks at the plants "That one's interesting" he nods at Theo "I'm guessing whenver an AF makes a place it kind of makes a buncha monsters to go with it"
Veracruz: "Now i'm ever more curious"
Mana: Battle order: Snowbrush A [F]:0 Alexander [B]:1 Snowbrush B [F]:1 Veracruz [F]:3 Theodore [B]:4 Aurora [F]:4 Lampvine B [F]:4 Lampvine A [F]:5
Mana: Status for Snowbrush A [F] : [==========]
Mana: Status for Snowbrush B [F] : [==========]
Mana: Status for Lampvine A [F] : [==========]
Mana: Status for Lampvine B [F] : [==========]
Mana: The Snowbrush's eye looks over the party, and it sneers viciously. [Eye for Weakness!]
Mana: Snowbrush A begins casting [Freeze Crash - CT15]!
Mana: Alexander!
Mana: Battle order: Alexander [B]:0 Snowbrush B [F]:0 Veracruz [F]:2 Theodore [B]:3 Aurora [F]:3 Lampvine B [F]:3 Lampvine A [F]:4 Snowbrush A [F]:14
Alexander examines the Snowbrush himself. [Analyze, 20D]
Mana: Snowbrush A, Level 6 Normal Beast. HP344/344, MP380/380. A wily, evasive predator known to dye its tail with ambient magic. Using its [Eye for Weakness], it knows everyone's weakness! Watch out for the advice it can give other monsters.
Mana: Oh, and resistant to Undine and Luna, and fears Dryad and Salamander. Sorry!
Mana: Battle order: Snowbrush B [F]:0 Vladislav [B]:2 Veracruz [F]:2 Theodore [B]:3 Aurora [F]:3 Lampvine B [F]:3 Lampvine A [F]:4 Snowbrush A [F]:14 Alexander [B]:20
Mana: Snowbrush B leaps at Vladislav - [Luna Paint]!
Mana rolled 1d100 and got 67 ( Total: 67 ) for c70 to lunapaint
Alexander: "They fear Dryad and Salamander. Watch out, because they can sniff out your gem's weaknesses, and tell other monsters."
Theodore: "Ooh, nasty."
Veracruz: "Sounds painful"
Mana: It swipes its tail this way and that at Vladislav, and weird goo drips down him. [Your damage is Luna-elemental!](3)
Vladislav: "… neat trick."
Mana: Battle order: Vladislav [B]:0 Veracruz [F]:0 Theodore [B]:1 Aurora [F]:1 Lampvine B [F]:1 Lampvine A [F]:2 Snowbrush A [F]:12 Alexander [B]:18 Snowbrush B [F]:27
Mana: Vladislav!
Theodore: "…Oh, oh I get it ahahaha."
Veracruz grins, looks at Aurora and Alexander "Either of you want some… Salamander paint?"
Theodore flashes the fox a thumbs up.
Alexander: "I can start laying into them."
Vladislav moves in and whacks LampVine A with his book, then. [Attack - 31D]
Vladislav rolled 1d100 and got 56 ( Total: 56 )
Mana: Hits the weakness!
Mana: Paint splatters this way and that.
Vladislav rolled 1d8*1.5+81*1.5 and got 4 ( Total: 127.5 )
[OOC] Mana: 127]! Veracruz!
Mana: Battle order: Veracruz [F]:0 Theodore [B]:1 Aurora [F]:1 Lampvine B [F]:1 Lampvine A [F]:2 Snowbrush A [F]:12 Alexander [B]:18 Snowbrush B [F]:27 Vladislav [B]:31
Mana: Status for Snowbrush A [F] : [==========]
Mana: Status for Snowbrush B [F] : [==========]
Mana: Status for Lampvine A [F] : [===== ]
Mana: Status for Lampvine B [F] : [==========]
Veracruz grins, goes over to Alexander, drawing a paintbrush. While Alex holds his weapon he paints a word on it "Ardent" , he places back his paintbrush, draws out his knives and tosses them up once, then then strikes one against his weapon, making it catch on fire
[OOC] Veracruz: Flame Sheath - 42D
[OOC] Veracruz: [SHP: 50] HP: 425/425, MP: 230/425, SoS: 106
Mana: Battle order: Theodore [B]:0 Aurora [F]:0 Lampvine B [F]:0 Lampvine A [F]:1 Snowbrush A [F]:11 Alexander [B]:17 Snowbrush B [F]:26 Vladislav [B]:30 Veracruz [F]:41
Mana: Theodore and Aurora!
Theodore considers for a moment, then dahses forward and smacks Lampvine A with this staff! [42D]
Theodore rolled 1d100 and got 52 ( Total: 52 ) for 80
Mana: It's a hit!
Theodore rolled d10+96,75% and got 7 ( Total: 77.25 ) for +25% if you hit it auroras
[OOC] Mana: 77]!
Mana: Battle order: Aurora [F]:0 Lampvine B [F]:0 Lampvine A [F]:1 Snowbrush A [F]:11 Alexander [B]:17 Snowbrush B [F]:26 Vladislav [B]:30 Veracruz [F]:41 Theodore [B]:42
Mana: Status for Snowbrush A [F] : [==========]
Mana: Status for Snowbrush B [F] : [==========]
Mana: Status for Lampvine A [F] : [= ]
Mana: Status for Lampvine B [F] : [==========]
Mana: It slumps, the light flickering.
Aurora slashes out at Lampvine A, before standing in front of Theodore. [Shoulder Guard, 44D]
Aurora rolled 1d100 and got 75 ( Total: 75 ) for 90
Aurora rolled 1d10+120 and got 3 ( Total: 123.0 ) for 4/5ths defense for Theo
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 488/488, MP: 374/404, SoS: 122
Mana: Slice! It explodes into petals for the [Kill].
Mana: Lampvine B rears up and smacks Aurora with a vine!
Mana rolled 1d100 and got 99 ( Total: 99 )
Mana: But she parries!
Mana: Snowbrush A finishes casting [Freeze Crash] - three tremendous ice cubes appear in the air above Aurora, smashing down onto her!
Mana rolled 1d12*1.5+108*1.5 and got 2 ( Total: 165.0 )
Mana: Hitting the weakness for 165 magical Undine damage!
Mana: Battle order: Alexander [B]:0 Snowbrush B [F]:9 Vladislav [B]:13 Snowbrush A [F]:20 Veracruz [F]:24 Theodore [B]:25 Aurora [F]:27 Lampvine B [F]:28
Mana: Alexander!
Alexander punches Snowbrush B. [30D]
Alexander rolled 1d100 and got 24 ( Total: 24 )
Alexander rolled d8+90 and got 4 ( Total: 94 ) for Plus 36…54? piercing Salamander
Mana: It tries to leap away - [Evasion III] - but it's a hit! [94]! [54]!
Mana: It sizzles. Its tail turns red!
Mana: Battle order: Snowbrush B [F]:0 Vladislav [B]:4 Snowbrush A [F]:11 Veracruz [F]:15 Theodore [B]:16 Aurora [F]:18 Lampvine B [F]:19 Alexander [B]:21
Mana: Snowbrush B begins casting [Freeze Crash] on Aurora! [CT 15]
Mana: Battle order: Vladislav [B]:0 Snowbrush A [F]:7 Veracruz [F]:11 Snowbrush B [F]:11 Theodore [B]:12 Aurora [F]:14 Lampvine B [F]:15 Alexander [B]:17
Mana: Status for Snowbrush A [F] : [==========]
Mana: Status for Snowbrush B [F] : [====== ]
Mana: Status for Lampvine B [F] : [==========]
Mana: Vladislav!
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 368/488, MP: 374/404, SoS: 122
[OOC] Alexander: [SHP: 75] HP: 425/425, MP: 165/425, SoS: 106 - Wait For It (4)
Vlad moves up and bonks Lampvine B with his book. [31D]
Theodore rolled 1d100 and got 24 ( Total: 24 ) for 80
Mana: Hits the weakness!
Theodore rolled d8+81,125% and got 2 ( Total: 103.75 )
[OOC] Mana: 103]!
Mana: Snowbrush A begins casting [Freeze Crash] on Aurora! [CT15]
Mana: Battle order: Veracruz [F]:0 Snowbrush B [F]:0 Theodore [B]:1 Aurora [F]:3 Lampvine B [F]:4 Alexander [B]:6 Snowbrush A [F]:11 Vladislav [B]:20
Mana: Veracruz!
Veracruz look at the targets ahead, bad timing. He considers, shrugs, and rushes twards Snowbrush B, swiping at it a few times in sequence, letting it dodge freely. He leaves himself open, waiting for a counter-attack and when it moves, sidesteps quickly and drives his knivs into it [Attack, 32D]
Veracruz rolled 1d100 and got 97 ( Total: 97 )
Mana: It doesn't fall for the trick, instead scampering away!
Mana: Snowbrush B brings down a [Freeze Crash] on Aurora!
Mana rolled 1d12*1.5+108*1.5 and got 5 ( Total: 169.5 )
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 244/488, MP: 374/404, SoS: 122
Mana: Battle order: Theodore [B]:0 Aurora [F]:2 Lampvine B [F]:3 Alexander [B]:5 Snowbrush A [F]:10 Vladislav [B]:19 Snowbrush B [F]:25 Veracruz [F]:31
Theodore spins his staff around in the air twice before slamming the butt into the ground as the inside of one of his sleeves begins to glow. [CT15]
Mana: Theodore!
Mana: Aurora!
Aurora …is going to err on the side of caution and brace herself for the incoming second spell. [Steelguard, 44D]
Mana: Lampvine B begins casting [Blossom Storm - CT15]!
Mana: Battle order: Alexander [B]:0 Snowbrush A [F]:5 Theodore [B]:10 Lampvine B [F]:13 Vladislav [B]:14 Snowbrush B [F]:20 Veracruz [F]:26 Aurora [F]:41
Mana: Alexander!
Alexander punches Snowbrush B again. [30D]
Alexander rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 )
Alexander rolled d8+90 and got 5 ( Total: 95 ) for Plus 54 piercing Salamander
Mana: Hits for [95] [54]!
Mana: Snowbrush A brings down another tumble of icecubes down onto Aurora!
Mana rolled 1d12*1.5+108*1.5 and got 12 ( Total: 180.0 )
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 163/488, MP: 374/404, SoS: 122
Veracruz: "Hrm… Theo will you need some assistance with Aurora?"
Theodore: "Wouldn't hurt."
Mana: Battle order: Theodore [B]:0 Lampvine B [F]:3 Vladislav [B]:4 Snowbrush B [F]:10 Veracruz [F]:16 Alexander [B]:20 Snowbrush A [F]:21 Aurora [F]:31
Mana: Theodore!
Theodore lets out a breath then gestures towards Aurora and lights swirl up around her. [Pinch Heal] [27D]
Theodore rolled d12+120 and got 6 ( Total: 126.0 )
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 289/488, MP: 374/404, SoS: 122
Aurora lets out a breath, nodding to Theodore before continuing to brace herself.
Mana: Lampvine B calls down [Blossom Storm] on Alexander!
Mana rolled 1d12+60 and got 3 ( Total: 63.0 )
Mana: For a scatter of pink light and a mere 63 magical Dryad damage.
Theodore: "Man I. Really want to know what the Goddess was thinking when she made magic. I would do unsavoury things for a bigger heal."
Veracruz: "She probably thought things would be too easy if you could heal, you know, more than half the damage you take"
[OOC] Alexander: [SHP: 12] HP: 425/425, MP: 165/425, SoS: 106 - Wait For It (3)
Alexander does like his new suit, even if it's a bit bland.
Mana: Battle order: Vladislav [B]:0 Snowbrush B [F]:6 Veracruz [F]:12 Alexander [F]:16 Snowbrush A [F]:17 Theodore [B]:23 Lampvine B [F]:26 Aurora [F]:27
Mana: Vladislav!
Theodore: "Did you see how small that heal was, though? I mean, compares to how big those spells are. It's hard!"
Vlad smacks Lampvine B again while he's still dealing bonus damage. [31D]
Veracruz: "Yes it is kind of annoying"
Theodore rolled 1d100 and got 68 ( Total: 68 ) for 80
Theodore rolled d8+81,125% and got 2 ( Total: 103.75 )
Mana: It explodes - [103]!
Mana: Snowbrush B wraps its red tail around itself. [Colorbrush in CT15!]
Mana: Battle order: Veracruz [F]:0 Alexander [F]:4 Snowbrush A [F]:5 Snowbrush B [F]:9 Theodore [B]:11 Lampvine B [F]:14 Aurora [F]:15 Vladislav [B]:19
Mana: Veracruz!
Veracruz rushes towards Snowbrush B, jumping upwards "Not letting you!" he spins in the air once, landing on the fox's back! [Attack, 32D]
Veracruz rolled 1d100 and got 75 ( Total: 75 )
Veracruz hits his feet against it, jumps in a short backflip again "Hiyaah!" bringing down his knives this time [Power Strike]
[OOC] Mana: Nope!] It rolls to one side - Evasion III!
Veracruz rolled 1d8+48,150 and got 8 ( Total: 84.0 )
[OOC] Veracruz: Oh
[OOC] Mana: Power strike not lost, of course.
Mana: Battle order: Alexander [F]:0 Snowbrush A [F]:1 Snowbrush B [F]:5 Theodore [B]:7 Lampvine B [F]:10 Aurora [F]:11 Vladislav [B]:15 Veracruz [F]:28
Mana: Alexander!
Alexander will attempt the same, backhanding it. [30D]
Alexander rolled 1d100 and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
Alexander rolled d8+90 and got 3 ( Total: 93 ) for Plus 54 piercing Salamander
Mana: Burns it to a clatter of bones for [93] [54] and the [Kill]!
Veracruz growls as his knife meets the ground, he rolls aside leaving space for Alexander, dragging his knives on the ground as he stands up again
Mana: Snowbrush A squeaks irratedly, and swathes Alexander in [Lunapaint]!
Mana rolled 1d100 and got 67 ( Total: 67 ) for C70
Mana: It drips from him - your damage is Luna-elemental (3)!
Mana: Battle order: Theodore [B]:0 Aurora [F]:4 Vladislav [B]:8 Veracruz [F]:21 Alexander [F]:23 Snowbrush A [F]:23
Mana: Theodore!
Theodore spins his staff around and begins channeling magic again. [CT15]
[OOC] Alexander: [SHP: 12] HP: 425/425, MP: 165/425, SoS: 106 - Wait For It (2),Luna-Elemental (3)
Veracruz: "That is REALLY annoying, you know what?"
Mana: Battle order: Aurora [F]:0 Vladislav [B]:4 Theodore [B]:11 Veracruz [F]:17 Alexander [F]:19 Snowbrush A [F]:19
Mana: Aurora!
Mana: Oh, look at that look in its eyes.
Mana: It knows.
Mana: …It knows.
Aurora shakes her head, dropping her guard to slash at it. [Attack, 44D]
Aurora rolled 1d100 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for 90
Aurora rolled 1d10+120 and got 1 ( Total: 121.0 )
Mana: Hits - [121]!
Mana: Battle order: Vladislav [B]:0 Theodore [B]:7 Veracruz [F]:13 Alexander [F]:15 Snowbrush A [F]:15 Aurora [F]:40
Mana: Vladislav!
Vlad smacks the fox with his book! [31D]
Theodore rolled 1d100 and got 84 ( Total: 84 ) for 80
Mana: It evades! Theodore!
Theodore gestures towards Aurora again and covers her in a swirl of healing sparkles. [27D] [Pijch Heal]
Theodore rolled d12+120 and got 2 ( Total: 122 )
Mana: Battle order: Veracruz [F]:0 Alexander [F]:2 Snowbrush A [F]:2 Vladislav [B]:18 Theodore [B]:21 Aurora [F]:27
Mana: Veracruz!
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 411/488, MP: 374/404, SoS: 122
Veracruz darts at the fox again, running low, he delivers a sweeping strike. It's a complex move given how small it is. As he passes he immediately turns around and dashes to strike again, various times, trying to land as many hits as he can, as fast as possible. Those things are tricky [Attack, 32D]
Veracruz rolled 1d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 )
Veracruz strikes many times, before suddenly jumping upwards "See how do you like this!" he tosses both of his knives at it from above [Power Strike]
Veracruz rolled 1d8+48,150 and got 7 ( Total: 82.5 )
Also rolled 1d100 and got 67 [Total: 67]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 149.5
[OOC] Veracruz: Physical Undine
Mana: They're Undine-resistant! [55]! Its tail turns blue!
Mana: Alexander!
Alexander will…punch it, he supposes. There's not much left, really. [30D]
Alexander rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 )
Dicebot: Multiple Dice Error: Unable to parse ( in (d8+90+36)/2
[OOC] Sir Faustin T Resoaix the Bot> Alexander rolled (d8+90+36)/2 -: 1d8=2 ]{64}
[OOC] Alexander: [SHP: 12] HP: 425/425, MP: 165/425, SoS: 106 - Wait For It (1),Luna-Elemental (2)
[OOC] Mana: 64]! [18]!
[OOC] Alexander: no the 64 is total ;-;
[OOC] Mana: Oh, sorry :>
Mana: Snowbrush A's tail turns golden!
Mana: It wraps it around itself - [Colorbrush - CT15]
Mana: …and flicks it at Alexander, sending out a swathe of golden light! Hits the Luna-weakness!
Mana rolled 1d12*1.5+108*1.5 and got 3 ( Total: 166.5 )
Mana: For 166 magical Luna damage.
[OOC] Alexander: HP: 271/425, MP: 165/425, SoS: 106 - Wait For It (1),Luna-Elemental (2)
Mana: Battle order: Vladislav [B]:0 Theodore [B]:3 Aurora [F]:9 Alexander [F]:14 Veracruz [F]:14 Snowbrush A [F]:23
Mana: Status for Snowbrush A [F] : [=== ]
Mana: Vladislav!
Vlad puts his book away and takes out his spear. [21D]
Alexander: "That…didn't quite do what I thought it would. Ow."
Theodore dashes forward, smacking the fox with his staff. [42D]
Theodore rolled 1d100 and got 62 ( Total: 62 ) for 80
Mana: It's a hit!
Theodore rolled d10+96,75% and got 5 ( Total: 75.75 ) for +25% to aynone hitting this guy
[OOC] Mana: 75]! It wheezes softly.
Mana: Battle order: Aurora [F]:0 Alexander [F]:5 Veracruz [F]:5 Vladislav [B]:12 Snowbrush A [F]:14 Theodore [B]:36
Mana: Status for Snowbrush A [F] : [= ]
Mana: Aurora!
Aurora slashes once again at it! [44D]
Aurora rolled 1d100 and got 42 ( Total: 42 ) for 90 - 15
Aurora rolled 1d10+120 and got 3 ( Total: 123.0 )
Sir Faustin T Resoaix the Bot: Aurora rolled 123*5/4 -> {153}
Mana: It's a hit - [153] and the kill!
Veracruz shakes his head, sheathing his knives again "That was… Annoying"
Aurora sheathes her own sword. "In a word… Yes."
Veracruz: "I'll know to switch blades before fighting another set of those but, still"
[OOC] Mana: Got 450 EXP. Got 90 Lucre. Got 8 AP.
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 445/522, MP: 396/426, SoS: 130
Mana: The path ahead is clear - the fortress rises in the distance.
Theodore: "'Kind of annoyingly tricky' seems to be the theme here, yeah."
Veracruz: "Hrm… Well, guess we better prepare to be flexible, then"
Veracruz looks at the path ahead, shrugs, and goes along
Mana: There's a shallows ahead, where the river broadens to take up the whole canyon, passing around tall, red standing stones.
Mana: The water sparkles at your feet, each step grinding in the stones and the inch-deep water.
Veracruz stops for a moment to scoop up some water and taste it
Mana: It's clear and cold, at least.
Veracruz refills his canteen, puts it back on his backpack and moves on
Theodore hops along the stones as they cross through.
Mana: Eventually, you come to Fort Millions -
Mana: To the right side of the canyon, a tall, iron staircase leads up to one of its gates.
Mana: To the other, a tremendous torrent of water pours past three-meter spaced bars, out from the fortress' spillway.
Theodore takes note of the spillway before climbing the stairs up.
Veracruz heads up the stairs. He did do much like Theo
Mana: Fort Millions. Its walls are steel, its spotlights are shining - a bridge leads out of its front gate, curving left away from it towards a tunnel in the canyon-face.
Mana: As for the gate, it's open, watched over by a four-squad of golems, and one of the Scorpion Army's technicians.
Mana: Seems quiet.
Veracruz just heads right on in, waving at the technician
Theodore gives a salute to the golems and strolls inside.
Mana: The golem whistles sharply. "Four incoming and recognized!" Another golem whistles - "I see em!"
Mana: The technician nods. "Welcome to Fort Millions. Move along."
Aurora raises an eyebrow, waving as well.
Mana: "…And, hey, welcome to the new face of Titania."
Theodore: "Yo."
Veracruz: "Hey, hey"
Alexander waves as well. Wouldn't want to seem unfriendly.
Mana: Main street - the streets are clean, if a little unpopulated. Lined with streets and apartment blocks. A chic bar! A clothing store! A toy store, even!
Mana: The lamps are as bright as any of Wisp's, shining clearly in the fog.
Mana: Up ahead, you can see Millions Square - and a hint of the citadel that rises above the rest of the fortress.
Veracruz looks at the streets- Is it simply too early to have few people or is this, perhaps, a little bit of an opressive place?
Mana: Veracruz: Hard to tell! There is a brick wall filled with posters of Millions' face though, which is never a good sign.
Theodore: "Fancy."
Alexander: "Somewhat."
Veracruz looks around at the shops while they move. He could certainly use something new and- It would be kind of hilarious to stab an angel with a weapon he got from them. Btu that is just a vague thought he has as he goes along with the party
Veracruz: "Interesting place"
Mana: It's when you reach the center-plaza - with the fountain at the center, rising tall and abstract, even brutalist in its style, four red spotlights pointed at it - that the shops get interesting.
Mana: Weapons, gleaming, nasty, brilliant, black-iron and furnace-steel.
Mana: Sit in display cases in front of the weapon store, "Barracuda" .
Veracruz looks up at the fountain, whistling, then at the shop "Wow this place is"
Veracruz: "Actually trying to be scary, isn't it?"
Aurora: "…Almost the opposite of the Pure Land, isn't it?"
Veracruz: "Stylistically, yes"
Veracruz: "Although you could say that thematically too"
Theodore dashes up to the fountain to get a closer look. "There is a noticable lack of awkard girls hititng on people, at least."
Alexander: "Haha. Sadly, neither style really fits me."
Mana: There's a tiny placard in front of the fountain.
Mana: A title? A dedication?
Mana: "HELL YEAH"
Veracruz goes over to check
Veracruz: "That is a bold statement for a fountain"
Theodore: "Well, I mean." Theodore gestures towards it with a hand.
Mana: There's a tiny bit of traffic coming out of the armor-store - two adventurer-looking types: "Just window-shopping, huh?" "Well, s'good, just don't know if I want to break the bank just yet…"
Veracruz: "Better break the bank than your ribs, i'd say"
Veracruz: "If you don't mind me interrupting"
Aurora frowns as she sees the placard, shaking her head softly.
Mana: "Hey, that's what I was telling him!" "Yeah, yeah."
Mana: The armor-store, is, of course, uniform-chic, with an industrial look to it. "Veldsaga's"
Theodore: "Not a fan of sassy excessively sized art?"
Veracruz looks at Theo "Can you guys hold on? Don't quite care for the style but I do need a new jacket" he heads into Veldsaga's
Theodore: "Go for it."
Aurora: "…Not particularly, no. And that's no proper dedication."
Theodore: "I think it's more of a statement, yeah."
Mana: The bell rings as you enter, Veracruz. The resident armorer, a blonde, muscular gentleman with a buzz-cut and tiny spectacles, dressed in a chain-crossed suit, eyes him as he comes in.
Mana: "Welcome to Veldsaga's, sir. Feel free to look around."
Veracruz nods, and starts doing just that, browsing "Hey. Maybe you can help me pick something, i'm looking for a new jacket, shoring up my defenses. Can't be anything heavy, though, or hard to move, I move a lot"
Veracruz: "Better if it has a lot of pockets"
Mana: "Right. Sporty, almost…" He paces back through the shop, running his thumb along the racks. There's a lot of black.
Mana: "Bit outside the shop's usual style. Give me a moment?"
Veracruz: "Sure"
Mana: He picks a hangar, bringing it over - something tracksuit like, almost, a black sleeveless, turtle-necked top with sleek, matching pants. The fabric is taut, with a single yellow stripe running down the back.
Mana: "Something like this?"
Veracruz: "Nice" he picks it up "Something like this indeed. How much?"
Mana: "One thousand lucre."
Veracruz considers for a moment, pulls out three larger coins plus a smaller one "Alright, a thousand"
Mana: "I'll bring it up to the till."
Mana: And he does, signs you a reciept, shears the tag off the clothing, and hands it over in a canvas bag.
Veracruz nods "Do you happen to have a changer?"
Mana: "We do." He points to a velvet curtain near the back of the shop.
Veracruz nods, and heads over to the changer, whence he does what the place was designed for, before heading back out, his old clothes folded neatly and on his backpack as spare
Theodore: "Blending in!"
Veracruz: "Yep, plus I make a neat match with you guys"
Alexander: "Contrast."
Alexander: "Planning on getting a new knife, too?"
Veracruz: "Hrm… Probably a good idea, yeah. Let's go check that place out too"
Veracruz: "Though gee, I feel a bit bad about shopping being the first thing I do here" he heads over to the Barracuda
Alexander: "Don't worry, upgrades are important in our line of work."
Theodore: "That's what you're supposed to do in stores."
Aurora: "Very important. I mean, this armour itself is completely unfashionable, but…"
Theodore: "Definitely not as flattering, no. … None of our gear is, come to think fo it."
Alexander: "I'm shopping somewhere else next time."
Alexander: "Aurora might want to go back, though."
Mana: A bell rings as you enter the Barracuda - the cramped front area is full of weapons on display, whereas the back is a steel-floored workshop where the proprietor is carving a white-hot spear on a lathe.
Theodore: "Pft, naw."
Alexander: "Well, not for the clothes…"
Aurora: "No, I don't think they'd be upgrading further there."
Veracruz looks around at the front area, though he stops to look at the proprietor in the back. He just stares at him for a while, then decides to look around for a new set of knives, a pair of them
Mana: The first pair that present themselves are butcher-bladed, heavy things with steel handles and blades.
Veracruz makes a hrm noise, and keeps looking. He can't handle such un-versatile blades. A kamasu kissaki or a spey blade would be best, although he might have to settle for the lightest set he can find
Mana: A serrated, survival-knife set present themselves, one longer, one smaller.
Veracruz grins, that's exactly the set he wants. He picks them up, feels their weight a little bit "Perfect" he looks over at the busy owner, thinks for a moment "Hey there"
Mana: "Hey!"
Veracruz: "How much for this pair?"
Mana: "One thousand one hundred for the set."
Veracruz: "Wow, pricey"
Mana: "You got that right!"
Veracruz pulls out his lucre bag, counts coins "Hrm… Well, it's well worth the price I guess" he pulls out a single large coin, and then upturns his bag on the counter, puts the coin back and puts the bag back on his backpack
Veracruz: "There we go"
Mana: "Have fun slicin' things up!"
Veracruz nods, bringing them back
[OOC] Veracruz: That was some nice english there Julian
Veracruz nods, heads back outside, he takes a moment a little awkwardly outside, changing the position of the sheath of the Stolen Kisses so they're at his thighs, and puts his new knives, the Stingbreakers, on his waist sheaths "There we go, full set"
Theodore gives Cruz a thumbs up/
Veracruz returns the thumbs up!
Veracruz: "Well, then, now that we're here and ready"
Veracruz: "Any one place you guys feel like checking out?
Mana: And so it was written.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License