Mana P4y1s01

Mana: And so it was written: Pokiehlember 4th, Year 1, Undine's Day. Seabirds cry as the dense fog over the bay of Undine picks up a slight glow from the rising sun.
Theodore slowly blinks his eyes open as the sun hits them. He doens't move for a bit, before tilting his head to look around at where he is. "So this is home now…? Alright."
Mana: Seems so. There's a gentle hint of smoke in the air from the sunjammer's cooking fires.
Theodore pulls himself out of the hamock and onto the statue's hand proper shortly after, then leans back to glance up at the sky. "You're a pretty wacky lady though, y'know that?"
Veracruz puts a paper bag on Theodore's lap. He'd been sitting beside him for a while, the bag's warm "Hasn't it always been?"
Theodore: "Oh! Hey. And naw, I only got here like six days ago, dude!" A pause, "What's in the bag?"
Veracruz grins, and shows something in his hand, it's a large oval pastry, essentially bread which has been cooked with a mix of meats, cheese and spice inside of it. He takes a bite and the inside is sort of creamy. It takes like potato.
Theodore: "Oooh, right on." Theodore opens the bag, pulls out the pastery, then takes large bite out of it.
Theodore: "Definitely different from the fish I've been having! No drink though, so lets head down to the food area." Theodore hops to his feet after shoving the rets of the bread into his mouth, then begins carefully walking down.
Veracruz heads down with Theo "How was the rest of the trip after I left, by the way?"
Mana: It's a bit of a chilly morning - the sunjammers are gathered around their cooking fires, underneath deep cloaks of feathers. "Mornin, Theo."
Theodore: "It was… sort of weird? Aurora made a, uh, friend. Apparently you need some kinda code to use that…. credit card thing Vlad found? Tried punching in a few to no luck. Apparently there's some kinda tree of life down their, guarded by a monster. ALSO there's no a way out, so we had to get ourselves killed by silktails to get home." Theodore nods to Veracruz as the talks, then waves to the sunjammers as they get closer. "Mornin'! Anything crayz happen around here last night?"
Veracruz nods at Theo "Well, I found a way back but it was pretty tiresome"
Mana: "Well, the streets are full of ironclads, the Shade split apart and there's a new road leading out of town."
Mana: "…With, uh, some Lunarian fortress on it."
Theodore: "Man, that totally only works if we're with you at the time. You're good at short cut - wait what?" Theodore blinks.
Veracruz: "Uhn? A fortress just came out of nowhere?"
Mana: The sunjammer presses his hands together, then parts them: "Yeah, out of nowhere."
Theodore scratches at the back of his head. "They did say something about an AF being at the auction… huh."
Veracruz: "Guess they lost that auction"
Theodore: "Do we know where the road leading out of the city is leading towards?"
Mana: "Well, no traffic's gotten through or anything. Guess it's a way to meet up with the vagrant camps at least, then the big highways."
Theodore: "Hm, wonder how the emperor is taking that."
Veracruz: Not very well, no doubt
Mana: "…Would explain the ironclads, huh?"
Veracruz: "True"
Theodore: "Yeah. First the sickness, now this." Theodore scratch at the back of his head before going to grab a mug of something to drink.
Veracruz: "Hrm… We… Actually, now that you mention the sickness"
Veracruz: "We might know what it is about"
Theodore: "Y'mean the lack of mana, and the services trying to warp stuff?"
Veracruz: "Yeah"
Veracruz: "HRm… No, no- I think they're like carrion eater here, taking advantage of the sickness"
Theodore: "Like… what?" Theodore tilts his head.
Veracruz: "Hrm… From what I gather weren't they picking up people who were sick and turning them into more services?"
Veracruz: "We… Pretty much know what they want to do, making Juliet. They're taking those people low or lacking on our Mana and… Putting theirs in, changing them to their own narrative"
Veracruz: "They're not the cause of the sickness but they do appear to be taking advantage of it, I think"
Veracruz takes a seat by a fire, looking skywards "Uhn…" he stretches "Man, heavy stuff for early in the morning"
Theodore pauses, nods, then pats Veracruz on the head.
Veracruz just smiles at Theo "You're looking like Xsai like this"
Theodore glances back towars the sunjammer. "Oh. You guys need any help with anything before I go get the rest of my friends and fall into way more trouble than I cna handle?"
Mana: "Hm, hm, hmm - - Naw, we're good. Trouble seldom climbs this far up the statue, anyway."
Theodore: "Good to hear. Be wary of anyone that looks weird and out of place though, alright? Especially if they're wearing a suit or a fancy ball gown."
Mana: "Yeah, you got it."
Theodore grabs one of the smaller fish that's alreayd been cooked. "So what'da'ya figure the odds are on Vlad, Alex or Aurora already being up are, Cruz?"
Veracruz: "Vlad is probably up already, he's the kinda guy who can't stop working I figure. Unless you guys got walloped REAL hard and needed to pass out extra long"
Veracruz: "I think Aurora might be up too? She's kinda military-like"
Theodore: "There was *definitely* a world where the two of us lasted long ehough to drop all five silktails, but it's not the world we're livin' in."
Veracruz: "Man, I dunno, those things looked a little scary"
Theodore: "They're only scary because they're a tier higher!"
Veracruz: "True that, still good reason to look scary"
Theodore: "Haha. Well, we can probably head towards Wisp/Jinn and see what's up, then circle back around to Dryad."
Veracruz: "Sounds like a good idea. Let's hit up Aurora first"
Theodore nods, gives a wave to the sunjammers, then starts heading down the the street, then district gate.
Mana: Undine District - every few street corners or so, there's an Ironclad, standing stalwart - huge figures of plated, cold metal, shoulders spiked, eyes sunken. No two look the exact same.
Mana: Mostly, passers-by ignore them.
Mana: There's a market-stand that's using one - his gamely outstretched hand - to hold up the fabric canopy.
Theodore ignores the first few, but slows down a bit as they near one closer towards the gate. "What're ya'll keepin' an eye out for, anyway?"
Mana: The light in the eyes flashes downwards. "…Trouble."
Veracruz blinks at that one ironclad, it at least seems to be a nice one. He looks at Theo
Theodore: "There's always trouble though, and you guys don't always come out in… such large groups."
Mana: "We're freshly pressed. Cures the sick."
Theodore: "Aha. Just more of ya, so you cna be out in droves as intended now?"
Veracruz blinks "There's more sick than before?"
Mana: He pauses.
Mana: "…Just more of us."
Veracruz: "Oh, I see…"
Theodore nods. "Right on. Keep up the good work." Then continues on.
Veracruz makes a face, that is not something he quite wanted to hear. Then he shrugs and goes after Theo
Mana: The ironclad continues standing vigil as the pair of you pass through the Wisp gate.
Mana: …At the very least, traffic seems to be moving a lot faster.
Theodore bobbs his head form side to side as they get closer inside the district, curious how well the giant hole in the ground has been patched up.
Mana: There's construction work being done around it, actually - sections of it cordonned off chain, a temporary tram bridge arcing over it to let passage keep going.
Veracruz has completely forgetting about the hole, he is just heading over to Aurora. He looks over at the construction "Oh- Oh, that thing"
Theodore: "Dang, they already got the tram up and running again? You guys are good."
Mana: Two passers-by step spritely as they cross it - "You're wearing your fur coat already? It's not that cold!" "Well, I bought it last year, and… don't things always just seem to leap out at your closet at you if you haven't worn them in a while?"
Mana: One of the construction workers nods up at Theodore from underneath his helmet. He takes it as a compliment, working deep on a platform inside the deep fissure.
Theodore flashes the worker a thumbs up as they continues on towards the manor.
Mana: The Solar Fiefdom.
Theodore strolls up to the front door, then pauses as he realizes he doesn't remember if this is a door you're supposed to open unannounced or not. After a longer pause, he opts for knocking on it.
Aurora opens the door soon after, smiling when she sees who it is. "Ah, good morning.."
Theodore: "Hey! Kinda weird just waking up in bed, huh?"
Veracruz waves at Aurora "Hey"
Aurora gives Veracruz a small wave back. "Just a little. Good to know it really does work, though."
Veracruz: "Feeling well, I hope?"
Theodore: "Yeah. I mean, man, that would have been embarassing for Alex if it didn't, haha."
Aurora nods. "Good and ready to go. And I'm sure we'd be poking fun at him in Paradise if it didn't."
Veracruz: "Guess we're ready to go off somewhere, then. We should be go catch up Vlad now, I think"
Veracruz: "We're we going to do something crazy with him, aren't we?"
Theodore: "Yeah. Well, see if Alex turns up, but yeah."
Veracruz: "Ah, right. I… Don't know where Alex lives"
Aurora: "…Do we do non-crazy things?"
Theodore: "I just had a pretty normal breakfast, all told."
Theodore: "Also … uh. Somewhere in … Jinn?"
Veracruz: "Well, there's the stuff we do in-between crazy things"
Aurora: "He's got a manor on the outskirts, I think? If he doesn't just track us down himself."
Aurora: "But the crazy things are the highlights, no one talks about the boring stuff in between in stories."
Theodore: "I duno, there are *definitely* some stories that spend an excessive amount of words describing food… although I don't think that's the kind we're making."
Aurora: "Umm, no. At least, I won't be telling it that way."
Theodore: "Oh?"
Aurora: "I'd rather extoll our deeds instead of the mundane. Unless it's really, really good food."
Theodore: "Haha. So like one of those adventure novels?"
Theodore rests his hands behind his head as he leads the other two away from the manor.
Aurora nods. "Something like that… I know I got a few looks this morning since none of the Knights would have remembered me coming home last night, but no one actually asked."
Theodore: "Huh, really? I figured someone woulda asked you, at least. Knew the sunjammers would just shrug it off for me."
Mana: A trio of kids slip out of a convenience store as you come onto main street - just opening their bottles of soda. "Can… can you get this cap f- wait, got it-"
Veracruz: "Who knows, maybe they thought she was partying until viglum and just came back while they were asleep"
Theodore: "The trick to that is to use the bottom of your shirt between your hand and the cap!
Mana: "Hey! Hey! I said I got it!" He waves the cap triumphantly.
Theodore thumbs up.
Aurora giggles softly, gauntleted hand over her mouth. "So are we going to pick up Alexander from Jinn, first?"
Veracruz: "Take it's the best path"
Theodore: "If you got a good idea of where he is, yeah."
Veracruz shrugs "We'll just look at the manors in the outskirs and shout his name a little bit, he'll find us"
Theodore: "I mean, *I'm* certainly not going to kill all the monsters we need to kill."
Theodore: "Toth or Xsia would be pretty handy too. I'm preeeeetty sure I know where Vlad is though, and he even still needed our help!"
Veracruz: "Yeah, sadly I can't kill stuff too fast either" he draws his knives and tosses them upwards, the sun glinting on the crystalline blade, before catching them back up "Let's go find Alex"
Veracruz: "Then we go grab Vlad since he has something he wants to do today already"
Aurora: "If we're lucky, Toth or Alexander will find us, yeah… Though we could grab Toth while we're here in Wisp?"
Veracruz: "Hrm… True, we should go visit his bar"
Theodore rocks his head from side to side, shakes it a bit, then grabs Cruz and Aurora by the hand and starts heading towards Dryad. "Actually no, I got a feeling everything'll go *way* quick if we head straight to the point."
Veracruz: "Alright!" he runs along with Theo "More we dally less things get done. And hey everyone's always around when we need anyway, right?"
Mana: It takes a while for you to get hauled up to the other side, and descending into Tacaroon.
Mana: Rising above the thick plumes of fog shrouding the city, you can see the tower of Jinn cutting up above the skyline - and the tremendous iceberg in the harbor.
Theodore: "If only."
Theodore: "Man, how long has that iceburg been there anyway? It's kind of a bizzare landmark, give how otherwise warm it tends to be in titania."
Aurora: "Aren't the Ice Breakers on strike or something?"
Alexander: "That's why we should go investigate sometime today."
Theodore: "…I think someone said something about that ye - SEE!"
Aurora blinks and jumps a little, turning around. "…When did you…?"
Alexander: "Just now."
Veracruz: "Clearly the moment we decided we had to do anything"
Vladislav: "Please refrain from shouting in the streets. It is early and many are still waking up."
Theodore: "(See, see!)"
Veracruz: "And yeah, that's in the list of things to do soon" he nods at Vlad "Morning"
Vladislav glances over the party with a scrunched up face. "I do hope you came over here with a purpose in mind."
Aurora: "We were going to look for you since you had an idea in mind."
Alexander: "I suppose you no longer have to worry about Prince Snake's blood anymore, but there's still Lion making a bother of himself."
Theodore points at Vladislav. "You said you still needed help with stuff. Also that you knew where the Palace in Dryad was."
Vladislav closes his eyes for a moment before opening them again and letting out a long sigh. "I suppose that would be the best course of action at this juncture. Due to the nature of the Pure Land and the dangers surrounding the Tree of Life it would be foolish to venture there before evening falls."
Veracruz nods "We figured you could use the firepower about now"
Vladislav: "Time is a valuable resource, after all."
Theodore: "Well, yeah. No point in going into a fight we think we could easily lose before the days more or less over."
Veracruz: "Hrm, i'm curious what all you guys did there after I was gone, other than commit suicidal travel"
Veracruz: "That aside, what's the action plan?"
Vladislav chews at his lip for another moment before starting to walk off towards the village outskirts. "I intend to visit Prince Lion."
Theodore glances at Aurora for a moment, then back to Veracruz, purses his lips.
Theodore: "That was the guy you got the audience for, right?"
Vladislav: "I also have some powerful mail for sale should one of you take interest. I picked it up in the Pure Land."
Veracruz: "Oh?"
Veracruz: "I think that Aurora could use it"
Vladislav: "She was with us at the time."
Aurora points at her shiny white but boring chainmail. "I'm wearing some already."
Theodore: "Yeah we - all were except you haha."
Veracruz: "Oh, right"
Veracruz: "Hrm… Unless it's something light like what i'm wearing i'd rather not. It'd really get in my way"
Vladislav: "I had intended to pawn it off to your drunken friend."
Veracruz: "Good idea"
Vladislav: "We may use the summons to enter the palace, or we can attempt to extend the farce and drag him outside of his territory."
Vladislav: "Given our encounter with Prince Snake I am not so sure you can fit the role of convincing actors."
Toth: "Attempting to catch a tiger by its tail?"
Veracruz: "I'd rather not have his fight on his home turf, presumably with access to additional guardsmen"
Alexander: "Hello, Mr. Toth. Good of you to join us."
Theodore: "I can act! If I know I'm supposed to be acting. And we're not, like, planning on feeding Cruz to him."
Veracruz: "Vlad, there's a difference between caring about what you're doing and not"
Toth clears his throat as he exits a nearby bar… that's kinda early. You see him slip a flask behind his mail.
Theodore whirls around. "Suit! … OH wait that's *Toth's* suit. Nevermind! That one's not suspicious."
Veracruz: "Certainly short of you having a big secret we all agree with your plan of action so acting is not beyond us"
Aurora: "Knowing ahead of time would help, yes."
Vladislav slows his stride slightly to glance over his shoulder. "It would seem this district has become a popular place today. Has news of Exmillia being open spread that far?"
Toth: "Yes. Except- what's an Exmillia?"
Theodore: "The library we liberated!"
Veracruz: "You should consider that if the strangers showing up weren't pure hearts"
Toth: "Ah, yes."
Vladislav: "The only Library in Titania that does not have information selectively removed by the empire. Owned by Prince Snake up until his demise yesterday."
Toth: "Good. I'll have to thumb through it."
Toth: "Though if there are no attendants I figure it might take a while…"
Veracruz: "Don't think any of the old attendants are alive anymore, sadly"
Vladislav: "I have many of my people searching for items of interest. The information however is vast."
Toth: "Ah, good. I'm sure they'll be happy to help."
Vladislav: "To clarify the purpose of the current expedition, however. I have an official summons from the court for Prince Lion. We can use this to our advantage to gain an audience. Ideally we can keep up the farce to drag him out of the palace. More likely I expect something to go amiss and we will have to play it by ear."
Toth: "Slay him upon his throne is what the ear hears."
Vladislav: "It is the likely outcome."
Veracruz: "HRm… Alright, i'll do my best to play the part" he chuckles at Toth and Vlad "Well, i'd rather not do quite that but if need be, yeah"
Vladislav begins to make his way out of Tacaroon. "Take care of pitfalls and poorly written signs. The lizardfolk are stupid but they have no issues catching other fools."
Toth: "If we're -not- killing him, then why drag him from the palace?"
Veracruz: "I mean fighting him in the throne room"
Veracruz: "You really sure you wanna face like, twelve guards alongside him?"
Veracruz: "That'd be kinda extra hard!"
Theodore: "Yeeeeah, the guards helping Snake was kind of annoying."
Veracruz: "Really annoying, bought him enough time to hurt us badly"
Aurora nods. "That was troublesome."
A grin grows across Toth's face. "If Vladislav can silver-tongue Lion out of his throne and outside, with all of us, sans guards, I'll take back many of the mean things I've said to Erinee about him."
Vladislav: "I was referring to the location. If we can find a way to block off the throne room it would also suffice. He has quite an army of followers led by fear. They would continue to assist him until removed."
Toth: "My gamble remains on the table."
Theodore tilts his head towards Toth. "I duno if him being good at quick talking really changes his general disposition, yeah?"
Toth looks at Theodore.
Veracruz: "Well, it proves him able at the very least" he comments in a very low tone, mostly to himself "Still, we'll see how it goes"
Vladislav: "The biggest issue I foresee is that he may wish to leave some of us here for insurance."
Theodore: "Good thing Cruz is great at going whereever he wants, huh?"
Toth: "Let's be on our way."
Veracruz: "Yeah, I can take down most obstructions!" he fist-pumps
Vladislav: "I hope you have no plans this evening, Mr. Toth?"
Mana: A stroll through the forest. The road seems a little clearer, like some work's been done slashing back the vines and the mushrooms that line each tremendous trunk, gently glowing in the fog.
Toth: "I have many, many plans, but it sounds like you have something in mind."
Mana: You pass through where the tips of Exmilia's buildings stretch out of the murk, finding a road towards L'Arena.
Vladislav: "A land with no mana faded out and white. A seperate group of services and the Tree of Life."
Toth looks to Vlad, then looks over to the rest of the party with a nod and a raised eyebrow, like 'legit?'
Veracruz: "Hrm… You mentioned it before. Is that like, our tree or another or?"
Veracruz nods at Toth "I've been there. Had to swim back through the Luna to get here, was quite an adventure"
Vladislav: "I imagine that their Tree of Life sustains their world, much like the Tree of Mana ours."
Toth: "You all had a swim, hmm?'
Theodore: "Yup! They can apparently use AFs to fight Pure Hearts, but the ones down there didn't really wanna fight. They're sort of stranded."
Toth: "Sounds interesting, if not worrisome to know about another set of Servic-…"
Toth: "…huh."
Veracruz: "Yeah, they're barely holding on to the little mana they had left"
Theodore: "Yeah, there's like…… tons of them, all over. Looking for more worlds."
Toth: "Stop, stop, hold on…"
Vladislav: "My discussions revealed that our current group intends to reshape our entire world into a suitable planet for their allies."
Vladislav: "The Services, that is."
Veracruz: "They can't quite go anywhere. Kinda sympathize with them, really… Still going to kill our services"
Toth: "How about we hash this out over a cup of coffee and a sitdown when we're in a less humid, foresty place."
Toth: "I have a feeling this is quite the story."
Theodore: "Alright."
Vladislav: "I have no issues discussing things with you after our current venture. Just be warned that the Services are each assigned a Pure Heart to their crews. It is quite possible we have seen them once before."
Veracruz nods "It's a neat tale, yeah"
Toth: "(Pure Hearts just about everywhere now…)"
Theodore: "(Spoilers: They can change the apperance of none pure hearts.)"
Veracruz: "I don't know, Vlad, I think that one is that one service we hear about but never have seen. Though of course we could have seen it before (kinda think it's the Emperor but)"
Veracruz: "But yeah, we'll have that talk later"
Mana: Eventually, as the trees grow stubbier, newer growth… you can see the walls of L'Arena - a dusty, stucco yellow - in the distance.
Mana: They wrap the village in a circle of fired clay, like a kiln, sloping gently at the top.
Vladislav adjusts his robes collar, strolling up to the entrance of L'Arena. Their group must stick out like a sore thumb, all wearing white garbs from the Pure Land.
Veracruz is definitely not wearing anything white
Mana: A fat lizardman, carrying an axe, eyes the set. His tongue tastes the air -
Mana: "Welcome to l'Arena."
Vladislav: "Good morning."
Mana: "Mornin. Heh, citizen."
Mana: "Shall we lift the gate for you?"
Veracruz nods to him
Mana: An iron portcullis, flecked with rust and the white dust, bars the road in.
Vladislav: "That is the reason we are standing here, yes."
Mana: He raises a claw. "Open the gate. We got a funnyman."
Toth: "(Off to a good start.)"
Vladislav: "We have a summons for Prince Lion. If you could skip the slamming the gate shut behind us part and trying to enslave us it would save us both a lot of time."
Vladislav: "The Emperor wishes to speak with him."
Mana: "…" The lizard lifts his hand. The gate pauses.
Mana: "…Still gonna slam the gate shut. We got ways to get you back out. Don't worry."
Theodore offers the guard a pleasent smile.
Veracruz nods at him, better stay silent, he'll just follow Vlad
Vladislav: "The warning was for you. My departure is not worrisome."
Mana: …And the gate is lifted. The road just beyond is empty, the alleyways closed off, watched over by guards - on little towers, built onto the adjoining buildings.
Mana: "…Come on in, funnyman." The guard says.
Theodore: "(Don't mind him, he's got a condition. Stick up his rear just won't come out.)" Theodore nods to the guard, then follows Vladislav inside.
Vladislav glances over his shoulder and nods to the others before stepping into the city.
Mana: Just inside, someone wrapped in rags makes a break for it, slipping through the wooden planks of one of the towers, skidding out onto the dusty village road, and running straight for you.
Mana: And then, with the sound of a whip and a brief flash of color in the air, they're gone.
Vladislav: "Hopefully that tells you what sort of place this is."
Theodore looks for the source of the noise, but elects to chew on the inside of his cheek rather than say anything.
Toth: "Not a fan of track and field, of course."
Mana: The gate closes behind you once everyone's in - and then, and only then, does the particularly fat lizard, on the top of a banner-festooned tower, spit the resident back up - ha-pssht - right out into the dirt.
Mana: His tongue lolls out, and he offers Theodore a greasy, wide-mouthed smile.
Veracruz headscratches "Pretty nasty"
Theodore: "…Neat! A little gross, but neat."
Aurora grimaces, a soft shake of her head.
Vladislav offers a lingering glance towards the resident before hardening his expression. "Let us be on our way."
Vladislav: "Lizardman, you have someone who can show us to the palace, correct?"
Mana: One of them turns - "I'll-"
Mana: The fat one, with the curled horns on his head, and the wide mouth, shouts down: "I'll do it."
Mana: "That last one coulda used a bath, anyway. Gotta wash em out with somethin'." He slides down his ladder - it strains with a creak - and offers a slick, splayed palm to shake your hand.
Mana: "Emissaries, y'said?"
Theodore: "Yes."
Veracruz allows vlad to do something. He presumably does nothing, he just observes
Vladislav extends his hand in turn. "That is correct. I bear a summons for Prince Lion. It is my duty to see that he personally opens it."
Mana: It's twice as big as yours - he wraps his hand around Vlad's, gives him a a hearty shake. "Do you, now? He's just gonna cream his little kitty panties over that." He guffaws.
Mana: "Now follow along, will ya?"
Veracruz shakes his head every so slightly, and follows behind Vlad
Theodore gives the lizardman a grin, before nodding and following.
Mana: The road just in leads to L'Arena's markets - and the riches on display are impressive - long chains hanging with gold jewelry, stands of full, articulated plate, designed for people much larger than you. Elaborate wall-tapestries.
Mana: Covered buckets of wine, kept hot on beds of red coals.
Mana: But it doesn't feel, exactly, like a market - lizards in red-and-gold armor pass from stall to stall, inspecting things carefully, taking a crate on occasion, and then leaving.
Veracruz just stares for a moment, and continues going on as impassionate as his face will allow. This is kind of terrible
Vladislav offers another glance to the others but does not speak up. His expression seems to dictate that they should keep chatter to themselves for the time being. He offers the slightest of nods in a 'Now do you understand' fashion.
Mana: Your escort slumps down a little, lowering his face to smile at Aurora, then at Veracruz - "See anything you like? Big ol kitty-cat's big on gifts, after all."
Mana: "Goddess knows he ain't gonna end up having time to look at half this crap…"
Vladislav: "I doubt we could give him a greater gift than the news we already bear."
Mana: "Big on givin' just as much, is what I meant."
Toth glances to the left and right as they move, and his gaze goes through the stalls or lizards, distracted.
Mana: The palace rises up ahead.
Aurora glances about briefly before shaking her head. "…Not at the moment, no."
Theodore: "Especially to the pretty ones, eh?" The tone is almost but not quite joking.
Mana: Toth: A lot of the villagers have their faces painted, streaked with mud in weird patterns.
Mana: "Nobles is the same all over, innit?" The escorting lizard says to Theodore, elbowing him.
Theodore laughs quietly.
Mana: As the palatial guards - wearing huge plumed helmets, lizards dressed up as birds-of-paradise - come into view, your escort straightens up. He looks over his shoulder. He straightens his loincloth.
Veracruz raises an eyebrow. And just follows
Mana: "O esteemed vigilants at the gate of our most beloved Prince Lion, lord of all beasts that walk, I come to announce to you the arrival of emissaries from the bright-and-bamboo-green kingdom of the Jinn Emperor, who come bearing news and summons."
Mana: One of the guards nods. "Do they bear symbols of their authority?"
Mana: The escort swivels an eye towards Vladislav. ( "Show some symbol of youse authority." )
Alexander flashes his Gold Pass.
Vladislav also pulls out the letter, the official seal imprinted on it. "I am to see this delivered personally."
Mana: "Ah, I see! Open the gates!"
Mana: "Open the gates!"
Mana: More distant: "Open the gates!"
Mana: …And the gates to Lion's palace are swung open.
Mana: Leading inside - the floors shine brilliant green and the walls are gold-enamelled. The sconces even burn with a shining green flame.
Veracruz looks at the palace, this is looking kind of silly
Theodore pauses for a moment, waiting to see if they sstill have an escort or not.
Mana: The escort, does, indeed, follow, climbing up the steps with you, slackening a little as the gates are shut.
Mana: A butler, wrapped like a mummy from head-to-toe in black cloth, wearing a white turban, approaches you. His one exposed eye gleams. "Emissaries, as I heard?"
Mana: "Then, an audience with Lion, most immediately?"
Toth gives the ground an interested look- this would look amazing elsewhere… he looks up towards the butler.
Theodore: "(The green flames are a nice touch,)"
Vladislav: "If that is possible, yes."
Mana: "Yes, that would be - have you bathed this morning?"
Veracruz blinks, is he reffering to them?
Mana: The pack of you, yes.
Alexander nods affirmative. For himself, at least.
Vladislav: "I cannot speak for the others, but I did so in Tacaroon yes. To attend such a meeting otherwise would be unsightly."
Veracruz: "Certainly"
Mana: "…And the others?"
Theodore: "…Not specifically submerged in water, if it is important to some ritual. Otherwise, yes."
Toth: "Yes. Though admittedly, my boots have gathered a bit of dust from the journey." He clears his throat. Little bit of whiskey breath.
Mana: The butler sizes Theodore up. "…Not specifically submerged in water. Was there soap?"
Theodore: "It was more of a magical cleansing."
Mana: "More of a… yes, I'm not risking it. Baths are on the right. I'll take you to audience after you've scrubbed."
Mana: "That goes for you as well…" He glares a single-eyed stare at the escort - "Frogmith."
Aurora: "Always in the morning."
Mana: "…I bathe every morning!" "Was there soap?" "W…well!"
Theodore nods.
Theodore then heads to the right!
Mana: The butler bares a mouthful of fangs at the lizard, Frogmith - who scurries off.
Veracruz raises an eyebrow and… J-just follows
Mana: "…Load of bull, that's what this is." He grumbles, as soon as he's out of earshot.
Theodore: "Well, every court has it's irritating rules." Theodore gives the man a pat on the shoulder. "Can't be helped."
Mana: "Give some jerk the slightest bit of power and he's just gonna lord it all over…"
Mana: "Hmph!" He grabs a jug full of wine off a passing servant's tray and eats it.
Theodore: "On the bright side, he's got so much wine now he won't even notice that bit went missing." Theodore grins.
Mana: "Never notices a thing missin'. Whydya think I leapt at the chance, buddy?"
Mana: The baths: Perfumed with lavender, kept at a hot temperature, gently bubbling, and attended upon by servants in blindfolds and uncomfortable looking gold-chain clothing.
Mana: Your clothes are washed, dried and folded for you when you leave.
Veracruz shakes his head slightly. He will… Take a bath, I guess, provided nothing funny happens.
Veracruz stops to look at the baths… It is at the same time amazing and… Terrible
Theodore: "Haha, no doubt. This is a lot nicer than the bath in the capital."
Veracruz: "It is certainly an amazing bath, that I have to say"
Veracruz: "Might as well relax for a moment"
Mana: Nothing funny happens. You might even get your feet and back washed for you!
Veracruz is not comfortable with being washed by others, thank you
Veracruz: (maybe an exception of that other is Aurora but that is a thought left hidden)
Alexander: "This all seems rather unnecessary, since I already bathed this morning, but…ceremonies to be followed, I suppose." He bathes again, slightly annoyed.
Theodore is, on the otherhand, prepared to make sacrificed to keep up apperances of a slightly skeeze, slightly disgruntled court offical.
Mana: We all appreciate your effort, Theodore.
Aurora is more annoyed at having to remove her chainmail and put it back on then having to bathe again.
Mana: Anyway. Frogmith meets you on the outside. He's a little less shiny, and about a third of an inch thinner in diameter.
Vladislav doesn't take a bath and stands outside with Toth.
Toth also stands outside with Vladislav, hands clapped behind his back.
Mana: "…Pssht. We're all done?" The escort asks.
Theodore: "Well, that wasn't so bad." Theodore grins.
Veracruz: "Yes"
Mana: "Speak for yourself. I spent a good year workin' that slime up."
Alexander: "To each their own."
Mana: He rolls his shoulders as he leads you back towards the main hall - to the butler - "All washed up, then?" "We are, yes."
Theodore: "Oh believe me, I was." He very deliberate looks at Frogmith as he says this rather than Aurora.
Mana: Frogmith suppresses a chuckle.
Aurora rolls her eyes a little, waiting to get on with this.
Mana: And the butler claps, leads you into the audience chamber - with a huge, circular engraving in the middle of the floor, standing before the tremendous, chaise-longue throne of Prince Lion, who sits laid out, underneath a tremendous golden crown, his mane flowing and braided.
Mana: There's a chain of three girls in front of his throne - one selecting grapes from a dish, the second actually peeling the grape, and the third feeding the grape to Prince Lion.
Mana: …There's a dish of rabbit carcasses on ice next to that dish, too. I wonder if the process is the same?
Theodore pauses briefly, leans back towards Alexander, "(Bow or kneel…?)"
Veracruz keeps an impassive stare, no sassy commentary for now
Mana: Frogmith nudges Vladislav. ( "Don't stand on the big circle thing in the middle of the floor." )
Alexander: "(Kneeling is safer here, I feel)."
Vladislav offers a deep bow to the Prince before glancing at the Butler to announce their entrance. He discreetly nods to the Frogmith on the way down.
Mana: Frogmith stands to one side, as the Prince Lion beckons with a paw to the pack of you -
Mana: the Butler raises his voice:
Mana: "O esteemed Prince of all that walk, emissaries have arrived from the bamboo-green Empire of Jinn to seek counsel with you."
Theodore moves forward the proper number of paces before taking a knee.
Toth mimics Vladislav's bow, letting him take all the lead.
Alexander bows as well, quite deeply, despite what he told Theodore.
Veracruz bows much akin to Vladislav. Augh, a gaffe, so be it
Mana: And the Lion snorts. "…Who are you?"
Aurora bows with the rest, just as deeply as Vlad.
Veracruz lets Vlad answer that question!
Vladislav: "Gone are the days of resentment for that which has been lost, Prince. Titania as a whole is now facing a greater threat than our differences could ever imagined. Goblins threaten to destroy the City Heart and invaders from the outside seek to take Titania and all of its districts for their own. I have come as a messenger for the Emperor."
Vladislav: "L'Arena's metal working is known to Jinn's military and is held in high regard."
Vladislav: "Our lord seeks a meeting with the Prince to discuss the potential of a treaty."
Mana: "…Does he, now? Well, then-"
Mana: The Lion draws himself up, greed thick in his eyes. But he stops himself.
Mana: "The young emperor seeks treaty with me? Yes, I can see how that could be beneficial to both our kingdoms."
Mana: "The troublesome runts that are the goblins have made themselves known in my territory as well."
Vladislav: "That is good news, Prince. We were admittedly worried that one such as yourself had too much for us to offer anything of interest."
Mana: "The Emperor has quite the collection of trinkets in his paws, does he not? I would be… conducive to having one slip into my hands."
Mana: "Of course, there are always matters of… hmmm…." A slow, self-satisfied sigh, as the lion smiles. "…populace."
Mana: "But such matters may be discussed at some later date, I'm certain."
Mana: "Why trouble such good emissaries with… affairs of state?"
Vladislav: "I cannot speak for my lords intentions, as I am simply a representative. To have such a serious discussion between vassals is unbecoming. My personal duty is to deliver this summons to the Prince of Dryad." He holds out the letter beckoning the butler.
Mana: The butler takes the letter. He brings it to Prince Lion, who gestures to him to open it - and he slices it open with a letter-opener.
Mana: The butler holds it up, clears his throat, and begins reading outloud:
Mana: "O great Prince Lion, lord of all that walks, we beseech of you a meeting, to seek of you your aid in the troubles that fall upon your brother kingdom. As such, I, the Jinn Emperor of Titania, wish for you to send word to me of an auspicious date and location for us to meet and speak of affairs of state."
Mana: "…And that is his official seal, o lord of all that walks." The butler adds.
Mana: Prince Lion cackles. "Listen to him grovel!"
Mana: The butler nods, sagely. "I would not be so cruel. He merely knows that it's wise to treat you with the majesty you deserve." He folds up the letter, tucks it back into the envelope, and into the breast of his suit.
Mana: Prince Lion smiles at the emissaries. "This is a day of celebration, then."
Vladislav: "I trust you can understand the gravity of the situation, Prince. If I may speak my mind, to swiftly come to Titania's aid would certainly paint you in a golden light. One befitting your desire of one of my Lords treasures."
Mana: "I'll allow you passage from my kingdom, of course. But do feel free to stay and feast with us, watch the arenas…" He pauses as Vladislav speaks up.
Mana: He puffs his throat out, proudly. "Indeed! To parade in full splendor past their gates, with all their citizens and nobles partaking in my glory…"
Mana: The butler coughs. "Be kind, my lord. How embarassed would the Emperor be if he did not have his affairs in order to receive one of your station!"
Mana: Prince Lion closes his eyes, inhaling, weighing both considerations.
Vladislav: "Which would only make them feel all the more guilty to ask for your help, Prince."
Mana: Hey Vlad, do you wanna roll, say, Charm or Swindle, 50?
Vladislav rolled 1d100 and got 75 ( Total: 75 ) for Aptitude Mental (Charm +5)
Theodore coughs louder and hisses in Vladislav's direction, only jsut barely loudly enough to be heard "(Senior Emisarry! You are you supposed to give counsil thta could put the Emperor at a disadvantage!)" [Wingman]
[OOC] Theodore: ^ are not
Vladislav rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 ) for Reroll
Mana: The butler slumps in resignation, with Prince Lion brightening up as he overhears that whisper.
Mana: "Yes, yes, of course! Summon my favorite attendants immediately! We'll march out this instant!"
Theodore sighs ever so slightly.
Aurora lets out a breath she didn't realize she was holding.
Veracruz has his hands behind his back for a reason. So much easier to contain himself when doing so.
Mana: Prince Lion steps away from his throne in a sudden burst, bowling his attendants over and proudly stepping out towards the far end of the throne-room -
Mana: The butler scurries away, the doors are flung wide open for him.
Theodore scrambles to get out of the way!
Toth doesn't break his clapsed-hands-behind-back pose. Fortunately, a beard helps hide his lips. He dances out of the way of Prince Lion.
Aurora is quick to get out of his way, too.
Veracruz does not stays in the way, no, thankfully movement is his aptitude
Vladislav bows as he sidesteps to the side. "It will be our honor to partake in this escort, my Prince. Allow us to deal with any officials we come across in our travels."
[OOC] Vladislav: -my
Mana: He scuffs Vladislav about the head, in a rough yet friendly gesture. "But of course, kitten!"
Mana: And he leads you out into the village - with his citizens bowing and scraping as he passes -
Mana: out towards the gate, which is opened wide for him.
Theodore is quick to follow him out the gate!
Veracruz follows closely
Mana: Prince Lion pauses as a hastily-assembled baggage train - servants carrying things for him - catches up to him. He laughs - "Don't tarry, now!" - as he leads them out into the woods.
Vladislav marches with the others, offering them a glance for input.
Toth nods toward the road, not tensed up for a fight just yet.
Mana: "Splendid. Today will be a festival day for centuries to come!"
Veracruz looks at the servants, warriors? Or simply carriers? Either way, they should fight once there is some distance from everywhere
Mana: Just servants. It seems he neglected to bring any guards at all.
Vladislav: "I couldn't agree more, Prince."
Mana: "Ah, how the people will laugh and toast in remembrance of the day where the glory of the great Prince Lion was finally recognized."
Vladislav: "What is to come will only bring rejoicing among the citizens of Dryad and Jinn alike."
Mana: "I'm sure the villagers of L'Arena will breathe a little easier knowing the Titanians have come to their senses!"
Theodore glances towards Alexander, once there a fair distance away from Lion's home. "What sort of work was it you typically do for the court, again?"
Alexander: "I kill the Emperor's enemies, may he live forever. Royal Assassin, at your service. I even flashed my Gold Leaf Pass at the gates. I'm not sure why they didn't notice."
Alexander takes out his Musket and shoots the Prince.
Theodore: "Told ya I was good for it, Vladislav."
Mana: "YEARRRRGH!"
Mana: Roll damage?
Alexander rolled d12+120 and got 12 ( Total: 132.0 )
Mana: Prince Lion howls in pain and leaps back, upending most of his baggage train. "Worms! Treachery! I'll kill the lot of you!"
Mana: Battle order: Prince Lion [F]:0 Alexander [B]:4 Veracruz [F]:8 Toth [B]:8 Vladislav [B]:10 Theodore [B]:10 Aurora [F]:12
Mana: Status for Prince Lion [F] : [=================== ]
Theodore: "It's not treachery, it's deception!"
Alexander: "They often go hand-in-hand, to be fair."
Toth: "I assure you, your death was planned from the start."
Veracruz: "There is that. Although you certainly should have expected this"
Mana: Prince Lion roars in anger-
Vladislav: "Do not be mistaken however, Prince. There will be a celebration tonight."
Mana rolled 6d100 and got 61, 67, 96, 64, 3, 85 ( Total: 376 ) for 55 to hit Cruz Aurora Theodore Vladislav Alexander Toth
Mana: Alexander is thrown to the ground, the sheer sonic power rattling him - Deprotect & Amnesia (4)!
Theodore: "Glad I was standing back, yeesh!
Mana: He plods forward on tremendous paws, swatting Aurora to one side - [Hurl]
Toth draws his bow!
Mana rolled 1d100 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for C60
Mana rolled d8+90 and got 5 ( Total: 95.0 )
Mana: Smashing her into a tree for 95 physical damage and Headache (4)!
Mana: Battle order: Alexander [B]:0 Veracruz [F]:4 Toth [B]:4 Vladislav [B]:6 Theodore [B]:6 Aurora [F]:8 Prince Lion [F]:23
Mana: Status for Prince Lion [F] : [=================== ]
Mana: Alex!
Alexander takes a good, long look at Prince Lion. [Analyze, 20D]
[OOC] Alexander: [SHP: 75] HP: 425/425, MP: 405/425, SoS: 106 - Wait For It (5),Deprotect (3),Amnesia (3)
Mana: Prince Lion, Level 8 Tough Boss Beast. HP2388/2520, MP467/520. Aligned with Dryad and Salamander. Fears Luna and Undine. The proud, self-proclaimed lion-prince of L'Arena. Graced by his Ignition Heart, he inflicts +25% damage to targets below half max HP.
Alexander: "He's not a fan of Luna or Undine. Theo, I'd suggest keeping everyone topped off, he's vicious against the weakened."
Mana: Battle order: Veracruz [F]:0 Toth [B]:0 Vladislav [B]:2 Theodore [B]:2 Aurora [F]:4 Alexander [B]:16 Prince Lion [F]:19
Mana: Veracruz! Mr. Toth!
Veracruz pulls out a painbrush dipped in crimson ink, he pulls out the Lionthorn. He draws the word "Regicide" on the spear and stires again the paintbrush wherever it was. He spins the spear above his head, rapidly, as heat gathers and soon a ring of flame takes place, as he draws the spear in a strange fighting position, standing on the top of his toes, spear held rather loosely and
Veracruz point as far from him as it will get, it is coated in flames [Flame Sheath, 42D]]
Mana: Mr. Toth!
Theodore glances between Alexander and Aurora, "We'll see, haha."
[OOC] Veracruz: [SHP: 50] HP: 425/425, MP: 365/425, SoS: 106 - Flame Sheath [36] (U)
Toth: "Here I go." He holds up a fist, and begins gathering Undine mana along his knuckles! [CT 10]
Mana: Vladislav! Theodore!
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 423/488, MP: 404/404, SoS: 122 - Headache (4)
Theodore spins his staff around, then slams it into the ground. [CT20] [4/5th Defense Mod]
Vladislav flips open his book and the pages begin to flip by themselves rapidly. Suddenly some tree branches start to crack as a giant crate falls between the two groups. The word [Lordly Roar - ???] is emblazoned on the label. [20D - Vlad is W:Wisp(1)]
Mana: Battle order: Aurora [F]:0 Toth [B]:6 Alexander [B]:12 Prince Lion [F]:15 Vladislav [B]:18 Theodore [B]:18 Veracruz [F]:38
Mana: Aurora!
Mana: Prince Lion eyes the box. "Wh…what's that?"
Vladislav: "A gift, Prince."
Aurora shakes her head, trying to clear it, before pointing her sword at Lion, trying to concentrate enough to line him in light. [Corona, 34D, (6) for -40/-120 damage]
Aurora rolled 1d100 and got 85 ( Total: 85 ) for 76-100 for headache failure
Mana: But the magic won't focus!
Mana: Mr. Toth!
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 423/488, MP: 359/404, SoS: 122 - Headache (3)
Theodore: "Y'okay?"
Toth charges at Prince Lion and aims his punch- at the ground below him! The ground burbles and a geyser of water shoots up into Prince Lion's face! [Rip Tide, 28D]
Mana: Hits the weakness! He coughs and sputters.
Toth rolled 1d8+80,150 and got 3 ( Total: 124.5 ) for magical Undine damage
The ground continues to glow… [30 Undine damage each time Prince Lion is targetted]
Mana: Alexander!
Mana: "You'll… you'll pay! Your whole families will pay!"
Theodore: "Not mine!"
Veracruz: "That's true, he doesn't have one"
Toth: "And for my next trick, I'll need a volunteer or five."
Veracruz: "Oooh, ooh! Me! Pick me, mr. Toth!"
Toth: "Just be ready for it!"
Mana: Battle order: Alexander [B]:0 Prince Lion [F]:3 Vladislav [B]:6 Theodore [B]:6 Toth [B]:22 Aurora [F]:22 Veracruz [F]:26
Vladislav: "Truly this is your own fault for not surveying for news outside of your kingdom, Prince. Had you done so you would have known that Prince Snake has already fallen and such an invitation was suspicious."
Alexander switches back to his Gloves. [20D]
Mana: Prince Lion coils, ready to pounce - "Suffer!" - and he leaps high up into the air before slamming down onto the earth, sending sheets of flame in all directions! [Explosive Impact]
Mana rolled 6d100 and got 59, 85, 7, 17, 61, 24 ( Total: 253 ) for Vladislav Theodore Toth Aurora Veracruz Alexander 80-evasion apiece
Mana rolled d8+90 and got 6 ( Total: 96.0 ) for physical salamander damage
[OOC] Veracruz: [SHP: 2] HP: 425/425, MP: 365/425, SoS: 106 - Flame Sheath [36] (U)
[OOC] Toth: melee/ranged?
[OOC] Mana: Melee!
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 357/488, MP: 359/404, SoS: 122 - Headache (3)
[OOC] Mana: So like, 25% to Toth, 50% to Cruz, 100% to Aurora and Alex due to Deprotect, and I think 125% to Vlad.
Veracruz spins his spear around, the flames of the strike diffusing on it's own flames
[OOC] Vladislav: Yup
[OOC] Mana: For 24, 48, 96 and 120 damage respectively.
Mana: Prince Lion rushes in to slash at Aurora!
Mana rolled 1d100 and got 19 ( Total: 19 )
Mana rolled d8+90 and got 3 ( Total: 93.0 )
Mana: For 93 physical damage!
Mana: Battle order: Vladislav [B]:0 Theodore [B]:0 Alexander [B]:14 Toth [B]:16 Aurora [F]:16 Veracruz [F]:20 Prince Lion [F]:22
Mana: Status for Prince Lion [F] : [================== ]
Mana: Vladislav!
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 294/488, MP: 359/404, SoS: 122 - Headache (3)
Vladislav begins to chant. [CT 15]
Theodore kicks his staff into the air, and healing sparklies spiral through out the party. [Cure Light] [32D]
Mana: Theodore!
Theodore rolled d8+80 and got 5 ( Total: 85 )
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 379/488, MP: 359/404, SoS: 122 - Headache (3)
Mana: Battle order: Alexander [B]:0 Vladislav [B]:1 Toth [B]:2 Aurora [F]:2 Veracruz [F]:6 Prince Lion [F]:8 Theodore [B]:18
Mana: Alexander!
Alexander places down a small urn, sealed at the top. A long string is attached to it, which he lights the end of. [100-Year Tactic, 20D. Goes off in 100D]
[OOC] Alexander: HP: 404/425, MP: 280/425, SoS: 106 - Wait For It (4),Deprotect (2),Amnesia (2)
Theodore: "Ooh, that's new."
Alexander: "Stability is stale."
Mana: Battle order: Vladislav [B]:0 Toth [B]:1 Aurora [F]:1 Veracruz [F]:5 Prince Lion [F]:7 Theodore [B]:17 Alexander [B]:19 100 Year Tactic [L]:99
Mana: Vladislav!
Veracruz: "That looks omnious"
Alexander: Even worse, the urn is amongst the party???
Veracruz: "N-not going to need me to kick it, are you?"
Vladislav gestures as a giant ball of water materializes above Prince Lion's head and falls down on him! [Aqua Surge - 20D]
Theodore: "It's a motivator, Cruz!"
Vladislav rolled 3d12*1.5+120*1.5 and got 8, 6, 11 ( Total: 217.5 )
Alexander: "Did you not see the fuse?"
Mana: He coughs and hacks as the ball of water slams into him for [217] [30]!
Veracruz: "Yes- It's just a little close!"
Toth: "Well, at least Vlad is putting some effort into it."
Mana: Battle order: Toth [B]:0 Aurora [F]:0 Veracruz [F]:4 Prince Lion [F]:6 Theodore [B]:16 Alexander [B]:18 Vladislav [B]:19 100 Year Tactic [L]:98
Mana: Status for Prince Lion [F] : [================ ]
Mana: Toth! Aurora!
Toth: "Someone stagger Prince Lion with a weapon attack! Get me an opening!" He empty-draws his bowstring, and his string-hand gathers Undine mana. [CT 15]
Vladislav: "You'll thank me for my earlier magic trick later if he decides to do it again. I don't think either of us want to lose our ability to cast."
Aurora …tries this again, that's enough roughing up the party! [Corona, 34D, (6) for -40/-120 damage]
Aurora rolled 1d100 and got 81 ( Total: 81 ) for 76-100 for headache failure
Veracruz: "I've got it!"
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 379/488, MP: 314/404, SoS: 122 - Headache (2)
Theodore: "You really don't look so good, Aurora."
Mana: Battle order: Veracruz [F]:0 Prince Lion [F]:2 Toth [B]:11 Theodore [B]:12 Alexander [B]:14 Vladislav [B]:15 Aurora [F]:30 100 Year Tactic [L]:94
Mana: Veracruz!
Aurora: "…I'll be fine."
Theodore: "I hope so, everything is a lot harder without you."
Veracruz immediately rushes forward, spinning his spear around, drawing intricate flame patterns in the air as he comes closer. He delivers a couple of slashing motions at Prince Lion, keeping him entertained with the flames for a moment before he draws his spear tip close to the ground for a moment, and jumps, dragging the spear upwards, right through the middle of Prince Lion [Attack,
Veracruz 52D]
Veracruz rolled 1d100 and got 76 ( Total: 76 )
Mana: Slice! It's a hit!
Mana: He roars in pain as blood pours out from the wound.
Veracruz rolled 1d12+88 and got 12 ( Total: 100 ) for Physical, Melee, Dryad, +36 Salamander, Ignores Defenses
[OOC] Mana: 100] [36]!
[OOC] Toth: +30 rip tide
Mana: Prince Lion stomps his mighty paw, sending sheets of flame forward - [Explosive Impact]
Mana rolled 6d100 and got 53, 53, 70, 18, 77, 5 ( Total: 276 ) for Vladislav Theodore Toth Aurora Veracruz Alexander 80-evasion apiece
Mana rolled d8+90 and got 3 ( Total: 93.0 )
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 316/488, MP: 314/404, SoS: 122 - Headache (2)
[OOC] Veracruz: HP: 381/425, MP: 365/425, SoS: 106 - Flame Sheath [36] (U)
Theodore shimmers briefly as he's struck. [+40 MP]
Mana: Hitting the party for 93 physical melee Salamander damage! (25%: 23, 50%: 46, 125%: 116)
Veracruz diffuses the flames again, still that thankfully did not hurt as much as it could
Mana: Prince Lion rushes forward and swipes at the boxed spell with his paw, sending it flying into Theodore! [Hurl]
Mana rolled 1d100 and got 31 ( Total: 31 ) for C60
Theodore: "Wh-?!"
Mana rolled d8*0.75+90*0.75 and got 5 ( Total: 71.25 )
Mana: Hitting him in the head for 71 melee physical damage and Headache (4)!
Theodore: "This is what I mean, Aurora!" And he shimmers again. [+40 MP]
Veracruz: "What?!"
Vladislav can't help but laugh a little.
Mana: Battle order: Toth [B]:0 Theodore [B]:1 Alexander [B]:3 Vladislav [B]:4 Prince Lion [F]:18 Aurora [F]:19 Veracruz [F]:41 100 Year Tactic [L]:83
Mana: Status for Prince Lion [F] : [=============== ]
Mana: Mr. Toth!
Theodore rubs at his forehead.
Aurora winces in sympathy. "Hurts, don't it?"
Toth: "Thanks for the assist, Cruz!" He braces himself, planting his feet into the ground, and releases the Undine mana from his hand- the bowstring whips forward, and a javelin of water surges into Prince Lion's weak side! [Magic Burst Aqua Surge, 38D]
Mana: "URK-!"
Toth rolled 1d12+180,150 and got 4 ( Total: 276.0 ) for +another 30 undine damage
Mana: Hits the weakness for [276] [30]!
Mana: Battle order: Theodore [B]:0 Alexander [B]:2 Vladislav [B]:3 Prince Lion [F]:17 Aurora [F]:18 Toth [B]:37 Veracruz [F]:40 100 Year Tactic [L]:82
Mana: Status for Prince Lion [F] : [============ ]
Theodore then spins his staff around a few times with a groan, before slamming it into the ground. "It's one of the very many reasons I appreciate your company, yeah!" [CT20] [4/5th Def Mod]
Mana: Theodore!
Mana: Alexander!
Alexander sets up a tripwire across the path. [Ambush Line, 20D]
Vladislav: "I didn't think a Lion like you could be tamed not to roar so easily. You're scared, I take it?"
[OOC] Alexander: HP: 311/425, MP: 215/425, SoS: 106 - Wait For It (3),Deprotect (1),Amnesia (1)
Mana: "I'll roar whenever I want to!"
Mana: Battle order: Vladislav [B]:0 Prince Lion [F]:14 Aurora [F]:15 Theodore [B]:17 Alexander [B]:19 Toth [B]:34 Veracruz [F]:37 100 Year Tactic [L]:79
Mana: Status for Prince Lion [F] : [============ ]
Mana: Vladislav!
Theodore: "Vlad, why are you taunting him into using a move we're trying to keep him from using?!"
Vladislav: "I'll make your choice simple, Lion." He chants again, a second box falling into the field. This one emblazoned with [Explosive Impact -> Aqua Surge | 20D]
Mana: Prince Lion laughs, rolling the claws of his right paw. He glares. [Extreme Killing Claw in CT50!]
Mana: Battle order: Aurora [F]:0 Theodore [B]:2 Alexander [B]:4 Vladislav [B]:5 Toth [B]:19 Veracruz [F]:22 Prince Lion [F]:49 100 Year Tactic [L]:64
Veracruz grins
Mana: Aurora!
Veracruz: "Toth, don't count on me for that trick again for a moment"
Toth: "Okay."
Veracruz spins his spear and shifts stances to a more ready defensive position as he looks around
Mana: The trail leads up a ways, around a bend in the road, beneath the boughs of a huge oak tree.
Aurora shakes her head, then tries again…! [Corona, 34D, (6) for -40/-120 damage]
Aurora rolled 1d100 and got 38 ( Total: 38 ) for 76-100 for headache failure
Mana: Corona shines!
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 316/488, MP: 269/404, SoS: 122 - Headache (1)
Theodore lets out a cheer!
[OOC] Aurora: Finally.
[OOC] Toth: 30 undine damage
[OOC] Mana: 30]!
Mana: Battle order: Theodore [B]:0 Alexander [B]:2 Vladislav [B]:3 Toth [B]:17 Veracruz [F]:20 Aurora [F]:32 Prince Lion [F]:47 100 Year Tactic [L]:62
Mana: Status for Prince Lion [F] : [============ ] Corona 40(6)
Mana: Theodore!
Theodore kicks his staff into the air, sending healing lights spiraling throughout the party, three out of four times! [Cure Light] [32D]
Theodore rolled d100 and got 84 ( Total: 84 ) for 26+ is good
d8+80: 2 [Total: 82]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 166
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 398/488, MP: 269/404, SoS: 122 - Headache (1)
Mana: Alexander!
Mana: Battle order: Alexander [B]:0 Vladislav [B]:1 Toth [B]:15 Veracruz [F]:18 Theodore [B]:30 Aurora [F]:30 Prince Lion [F]:45 100 Year Tactic [L]:60
Alexander takes a few steps forward. [Change Row, 20D]
Mana: Vladislav!
[OOC] Alexander: HP: 311/425, MP: 195/425, SoS: 106 - Wait For It (2),Deprotect (0),Amnesia (0)
Vladislav: "Rather brave, Alex. I just can't bring myself to do the same." He grins a cocky smile as he adopts a defensive stance. [Defend - 26D]
Veracruz seems to almost giggle "Alright, on my mark, follow the firelight!" he's still waiting
Mana: Battle order: Toth [B]:0 Veracruz [F]:3 Alexander [B]:5 Vladislav [B]:12 Theodore [B]:15 Aurora [F]:15 Prince Lion [F]:30 100 Year Tactic [L]:45
Mana: Mr. Toth!
Toth braces himself for another empty-draw and gathering of Undine mana in his hand! [CT 15]
Mana: Battle order: Veracruz [F]:0 Alexander [B]:2 Vladislav [B]:9 Theodore [B]:12 Toth [B]:12 Aurora [F]:12 Prince Lion [F]:27 100 Year Tactic [L]:42
Mana: Veracruz!
Veracruz changes posture again, holding the spear like a javelin "Go!" he tosses it at Prince Lion's direction… But it goes over his head. Hopefully the party gets it. He pulls both of his knives out again and dashes at the Prince, keeping him busy for a moment while the party runs past "Time to fight my way" he flips over the prince, running after and grabbing the spear still midair
Veracruz as it flies "On the move!" he makes a sharp turn to the right directing the party to move just past the bend, taking cover in the trees [Corner Evade, 32D]
[OOC] Veracruz: HP: 381/425, MP: 290/425, SoS: 106 - Flame Sheath [36] (U)
Toth stays light on his feet!
Theodore dashes forward, then spins around the Lion and after Veracruz.
Mana: Prince Lion roars and gives chase, prowling after at top speed!
Mana: Battle order: Alexander [B]:0 Vladislav [B]:7 Theodore [B]:10 Toth [B]:10 Aurora [F]:10 Prince Lion [F]:25 Veracruz [F]:30 100 Year Tactic [L]:40
Mana: Alexander!
Alexander takes a moment to punch Prince Lion in the mouth! [Exploit Weakness, 40D]
Alexander rolled 1d100 and got 47 ( Total: 47 )
Alexander rolled d10+120 and got 3 ( Total: 123.0 )
Mana: He chomps at empty air to catch you as he takes the hit for [123] [30]!
[OOC] Alexander: +30 riptide? +37? +25% to any damage that hits the weakness until Alex's next turn.
[OOC] Mana: 37, you're right!
[OOC] Mana: er 35 actually, 20 * 1.75
[OOC] Toth: technically riptide is 20- yes
[OOC] Alexander: oh right
Vladislav flips through his book again. Upon settling on a page the wind begins to pick up in the area. [CT 15]
Mana: Battle order: Theodore [B]:0 Toth [B]:0 Aurora [F]:0 Vladislav [B]:12 Prince Lion [F]:15 Veracruz [F]:20 Alexander [B]:30 100 Year Tactic [L]:30
Mana: A bunch of guys!
Theodore spins his staff around and slams it into the ground once more! [CT20] [4/5th Def Mod]
Toth skids around a tree- and right as Prince Lion comes into view, he releases a lance of water into his weakened jaw! [MB Aqua Surge, 38D]
Toth rolled 1d12+180,175 and got 3 ( Total: 320.25 ) for +25 exploit weakness, 35 riptide
Mana: Burns through for [320] [35]!
Mana: Aurora!
Aurora follows after them, bracing herself against the tree…! [Steelguard, 44D]
Aurora rolled 1d100 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for 76-100 for headache failure
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 398/488, MP: 269/404, SoS: 122 - Headache (0)
Mana: Vladislav!
Vladislav grins as the noise of the wind gets even louder, now turning into something similar to a very loud vacuum. The pinpoint of its origin is a vortex behind Prince Lion and it appears to be attempting to suck him in. [Disappear - 80 CoS | 20D]
Vladislav rolled 1d100 and got 58 ( Total: 58 )
Vladislav rolled 3d12+120 and got 2, 9, 9 ( Total: 140.0 ) for Vanishes for 10D
Mana: Prince Lion vanishes!
Mana: Taking [140] [35] damage in the process.
Theodore: "Yeah the odds of that attack connecting at full force were… low hahaha."
Toth: "…where'd he go?"
Theodore: "He'll be back shortly!"
Veracruz: "Which is why I took this path. Stay frosty, he'll be back with a vengeance!"
Aurora lets out a breath of relief. "Vlad likes doing that. It saved us a few times against Prince Snake."
Vladislav: "My magic is a lot more flashy, so to speak."
Mana: Battle order: Theodore [B]:5 Veracruz [F]:5 Alexander [B]:15 100 Year Tactic [L]:15 Vladislav [B]:17 Toth [B]:23 Prince Lion [F]:25 Aurora [F]:29
Mana: Theodore! Veracruz!
Vladislav: "The box also does that so if he roared again to drain our magical reserves he would vanish before he could finish."
Vladislav: "It pops open, rather."
Theodore kicks his staff into the air, more than likely healing the party! [32D]
Theodore rolled d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 ) for 26+ to not screw it up
d8+80: 5 [Total: 85]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 115
Mana: Veracruz!
Veracruz is… Is sincerely uncertain what to do at this exact instant, no target for him and… He can't do much without a target, so
Mana: It's a little awkward, isn't it?
Veracruz just holds ready and [Wait, 17D]
Mana: Prince Lion reappears, slamming into a tree, slicing it in half with a mighty claw!
Mana: Battle order: Alexander [B]:0 100 Year Tactic [L]:0 Vladislav [B]:2 Veracruz [F]:7 Toth [B]:8 Prince Lion [F]:10 Aurora [F]:14 Theodore [B]:22
Mana: Status for Prince Lion [F] : [======= ] Corona 40(6)
Mana: Alexander!
Toth: "Keep it up, let's not slack!"
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 483/488, MP: 269/404, SoS: 122
Alexander takes up a defensive stance. [Defend, 25D]
Veracruz: "Toth, you're not planning on using any spell that goes off real fast are you?"
Mana: the 100-Year tactic activates!
Toth: "Not any faster than it's been!"
Veracruz: "Alright"
The fuse reaches the lid of the urn, blowing up with a bang! The herbal concoction inside ignites, wafting into the air to rejuvenate the party!
Alexander rolled d12+96 and got 10 ( Total: 106.0 )
[OOC] Alexander: 106 HP recovery
Theodore: "Maaaaan."
Theodore: "MAAAAAAAN!"
[OOC] Alexander: HP: 425/425, MP: 165/425, SoS: 106 - Wait For It (0),Deprotect (0),Amnesia (0)
Theodore: "That would have been. SO GOOD against Snake!"
[OOC] Aurora: HP: 488/488, MP: 269/404, SoS: 122
Veracruz: "Heavens, yes, yes it would"
Alexander: "It even wakes people up."
Theodore: "So good!"
Toth: "It sounds like Snake was a fiercer beast…?"
Mana: Battle order: Vladislav [B]:0 Veracruz [F]:5 Toth [B]:6 Prince Lion [F]:8 Aurora [F]:12 Theodore [B]:20 Alexander [B]:23
Mana: Vladislav!
Theodore: "Much worse, yes."
Mana: "I'm… I'm twice the beast he is!"
Veracruz: "Well, a little, but we're also way more prepared this time"
Vladislav begins to chant again! [CT 15]
Theodore: "He nearly killed us all the first time before we ran, and the victory the second time was by the skin of our teeth!"
Toth: "I'll omit the 'we ran' part from any future stories, of course."
Theodore: "Naw it's a good part to include."
Toth: "Consider it a favor."
Theodore: "Because we came back Immediately and won a harrowing victory!"
Mana: Battle order: Veracruz [F]:0 Toth [B]:1 Prince Lion [F]:3 Aurora [F]:7 Vladislav [B]:10 Theodore [B]:15 Alexander [B]:18
Mana: Veracruz!
Veracruz runs in, towards Prince Lion, but is holding his spear the the wrong way, the butt facing forward, he jabs a couple of times, keeping Prince Lion on his toes before suddenly jumping, holding the spear with both hands and driving it down on him [Attack, 52D]
Veracruz rolled 1d100 and got 55 ( Total: 55 )
Veracruz rolled 1d12+88 and got 5 ( Total: 93 ) for Physical, Melee, Dryad, +36 Salamander, Ignores Defenses
Mana: It's a hit! [93]! [36]!
[OOC] Toth: 30 riptide
Mana: Battle order: Toth [B]:0 Prince Lion [F]:2 Aurora [F]:6 Vladislav [B]:9 Theodore [B]:14 Alexander [B]:17 Veracruz [F]:51
Mana: Status for Prince Lion [F] : [===== ] Corona 40(5)
Mana: Mr. Toth!
Toth empty-draws his bowstring, and Undine mana gathers! [CT 15]
Mana: Prince Lion rushes into the fray and hurls Toth one way, and Vladislav another!
Mana rolled 2d100 and got 36, 76 ( Total: 112 ) for C60 each
Mana rolled d8*0.75+90*0.75 and got 2 ( Total: 69.0 )
[OOC] Aurora: -120 to the first
Mana: Hitting for 0 physical damage to Mr. Toth and Headache (4)!
Mana: Battle order: Aurora [F]:0 Vladislav [B]:3 Theodore [B]:8 Toth [B]:9 Alexander [B]:11 Prince Lion [F]:23 Veracruz [F]:45
Mana: Status for Prince Lion [F] : [===== ] Corona 40(4)
Mana: Aurora!
Aurora furrows her brow, then points her sword at Prince Lion in challenge. "Turn, and face a Knight as you should!" [Beckon, 36D]
Aurora rolled 1d100 and got 17 ( Total: 17 ) for 70 for Provoke (4)
Mana: He turns!
Mana: Vladislav!
[OOC] Toth: 30 riptide
Mana: Battle order: Vladislav [B]:0 Theodore [B]:5 Toth [B]:6 Alexander [B]:8 Prince Lion [F]:20 Aurora [F]:33 Veracruz [F]:42
Mana: Status for Prince Lion [F] : [===== ] Corona 40(4) Provoke(4)
[OOC] Mana: 30]!
Vladislav snaps his fingers as another ball of water falls down on Prince Lion. [Aqua Surge - 20D]
Mana: Hits the weakness!
Vladislav rolled 3d12*1.5+120*1.5 and got 11, 2, 1 ( Total: 201.0 )
[OOC] Mana: 201]! [30]! Theodore!
Theodore dahes forward as he staff begins to give off a pale glow. He skids to a stop in front of Prince Lion, spins once, them slams his staff into the beast. [Mystic Invasion] [42D]
Theodore rolled 1d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for 80
Mana: It's a hit!
Theodore rolled d10+153,75% and got 9 ( Total: 121.5 ) for 30 Rip-Tide. [Chain Bonus] hit this guy for +25% before he acts!
Mana: Battle order: Toth [B]:0 Alexander [B]:2 Vladislav [B]:14 Prince Lion [F]:14 Aurora [F]:27 Veracruz [F]:36 Theodore [B]:41
Mana: Mr. Toth!
Toth grits his teeth as his headache pulses- he aims, and tries to fire- [MB Aqua Surge, 38D]
Toth rolled 1d100 and got 81 ( Total: 81 ) for 26+ OK
Toth rolled 1d12+180,175 and got 4 ( Total: 322.0 ) for 35 riptide?
Alexander rolled d10+80 and got 10 ( Total: 90.0 ) for Ambush Line tripped a while back? Delayed by 10
[OOC] Mana: 322]! [35]!
Mana: The water rips through him and -
Mana: he falls to the ground, soaked in blood and water.
Theodore: "Yeah he was not *nearly* as terrifying. Also you make things die a *lot* quicker than we do, Mr. Toth."
Mana: Prince Lion hacks, wheezes, and…
Mana: dies.
Toth nods to Theodore, exhales, nods in appreciation.
[OOC] Mana: Got 1600 EXP. Got 320 Lucre. Got 30 AP.
Veracruz walks over to Prince Lion, or what remains of his body "Yeah, you're right" he draws out the spear again and drives it through him, letting his natural vanishing occur "Not nearly as scary"
Toth: "Right…" He motions to the once-servants. "Don't worry, we're not aiming for you."
Mana: The carcass explodes into light and fading bones.
Vladislav: "… he isn't exploding into bone- oh."
Veracruz spins the spear around, putting out the flame "Given I think we had more defenses set up" he tosses it upwards "Then he could deal with" he falls near Vlad, so he can have his spear back
Vladislav: "There we go."
Veracruz: "It just took a while"
Mana: One with stripes painted in mud across his face walks up from the pack - "Well, you took him down, alright. Guess we're all free."
Mana: "Snake's dead, is he? We could move on to Exmillia?"
Theodore: "Yup."
Aurora nods. "That's right."
Veracruz: "Yep. That's a nice place to go too"
Veracruz: "Just take good care of the place, alright?"
Vladislav: "Exmillia and Tacaroon would both welcome you."
Veracruz: "Unless you plan on going back and killing a bunch of lizardmen but, y'know, don't get yourselves killed"
Toth: "That -is- a bit of a loose end…"
Theodore: "Speaking of defenses," Theodore unclasps the black choker fomr his neck, then tosses to to Veracruz as he puts his thick braclet bakc into place. "Learn Restore Heart soonish."
Mana: "Don't fancy our chances." He turns back to the rest - "C'mon. We'll sell the loot."
Toth: "Hmm… one second."
Veracruz picks up the last remnant of the once-prince, his crown
Mana: Some of the gold veneer has been scratched off in the struggle.
Veracruz tosses it up once, twice, and tosses it towards Vladislav "This should scare the bunch of them"
Toth carefully examines Prince Lion's baggage, looking for very particular items. Specifically, jewelry.
Vladislav: "His treasury is vast, Toth. A return trip may be warranted." He catches the spear nodding to Veracruz.
Toth: "Oh indeed, but I think the news of his death travelling slowly will make it a bit easier."
Mana: He brought jewelry, but he didn't bring…
Mana: …You know.
Mana: Jewelry.
Toth: Jewelry, right.
Toth leans back from the packs. "Alright, yeah, 's all good to go."
Vladislav glances around before frowning at the two boxes he left behind. "I need to start writing down where I'm leaving all of these. I would hate for someone to pop one accidently."
Veracruz looks at the crown "Hrm… You know, though" he sets it on the ground and looks at it
Vladislav: "No doubt the next time a Silktail harasses a traveller one is going to go off."
Veracruz: "Something comes to mind"
Theodore: "They *are* oddly specific, Vlad."
Veracruz: "With the power he had, he could make all the rules he wanted in his little fiefdom"
Veracruz: "Yet he could not defy reality itself"
Veracruz: "I wonder if with the right power, how much of reality could a ruler change…"
Theodore: "That's uh.
Toth: "Wait."
Toth speaks to Theo.
Theodore: "Kind of the," Theodore gestures vaguely, "Services thing, yeah?"
Veracruz: "True, but they too seem bound by some rules. Which is the big problem"
Vladislav: "I will send word to my allies that Prince Lion has been slain. They can gather a group to free those imprisoned in L'Arena. As strong as we are, I am not sure I wish to take on an entire city of Lizardmen. without assistance. Between their assistance and news of Prince Lions demise the imprisoned citizens will surely do an uprising of their own."
Veracruz: "Wouldn't be lovely to break those to make them have a nicer life here, that doesn't involves them needing to hurt everybody?"
Theodore glances back at Toth.
Toth: "Keep going, Veracruz."
Veracruz picks up the crown and raises it up "Yep, there has to be a way, a place, where the laws are different enough that it doesn't matter" [Create Artifact - 1 kP]
Mana: The crown glints in the fog of morning.
[OOC] Mana: AF Pretender's Crown
Theodore: "Oooh."
Theodore: "OOOOOOOOH."
Theodore: "Right you can… just… do that."
Toth slowly smiles.
Aurora raises an eyeybrow. "Any idea what you're doing with that?"
Veracruz tosses the crown upwards, and picks it up again, taking a deep breath "There is this"
Toth: "Pontificating and monologuing has a purpose."
Theodore tilts his head back, squiting past the tree line into the sky. "(You are *so* wacky.)"
Vladislav: "I was wondering myself."
Vladislav grins at Toth.
Toth chuckles.
Veracruz: "One little bit of power I used for it. Fairly certain you got it too."
Theodore: "In my defense, Toth, he just kinda does that a lot."
Theodore: "As does Vlad."
Veracruz puts it away "I'm going to find a nice place, out of the way, to use it"
Theodore: "So." Theodore grins and he lowers his head.
Toth: "Probably the best idea."
Toth pats Theodore on the shoulder.
Veracruz: "Make a nice little hamlet, who knows. A place where, hopefully, what I tried to make with this actually works"
Vladislav: "Just because what I say goes over your head doesn't mean my words do not have meaning."
Toth: "You could… try using the exit to the outside, through the new fortress."
Theodore: "I didn't say it was pointless!"
Theodore: "Just that you're verbous."
Toth: "Outside of Titania. It shouldn't sound that weird to say, but it does."
[OOC] Mana: Earned a kP, too!
Theodore: "Well, that's because you've never been outside of it."
Veracruz crosses his arms "I don't know, Toth, that fortress sounds bad news"
Toth: "I could have sworn I have, but I suppose not much of that mattered until a few days ago."
Veracruz: "Don't wanna set the place near it"
Toth: "In any case- oh, before I forget."
Toth produces 4 pouches, inside is lucre.
Aurora: "You could… walk outside around the wall before setting it down?"
Veracruz: "Hrm… Guess there's that"
Toth: "What's left of the auction." He hands a pouch to Alexander, Aurora, Veracruz, and Theodore.
Veracruz: "We should look into it at some point"
[OOC] Toth: +462 Lucre
Theodore: "It was a good investment!"
Aurora blinks. "Oh, right. I had meant to ask you about that, anyhow. Thank you."
Veracruz: "Oh, did you get that gem- Of course I saw you use some new tricks there. Does it work for spirit-talking?"
Toth: "It should. But I ran into the lion-slaying squad before I could go to the City Heart or Shade."
Veracruz: "Aha, yeah this was kind of urgent"
Theodore: "Vlad said he knew where the Palace in Dryad was."
Veracruz: "Ooh"
Alexander: "I guess we could head back into town then. Either check out the City Heart, go talk to the Ice-Breakers, or…what's in Shade?"
Theodore: "Although if it's still invested with Kings, we know where the one in Salamander is."
Toth: "There's honestly a lot of things to do today."
Vladislav: "You were in it."
Theodore: "Oh, that was the Palace?"
Theodore: "Lets head back then!"
Alexander: "There's a lot of Shade."
Theodore: "Gotta make sure the Spirit there is okay!"
Toth: "I need to stop by Jinn, I think. Unless someone could answer me a question."
Alexander: "Depends on the question."
Toth: "Does anyone know where Sage Joch lived?"
Vladislav: "The Lizardmen will vacate it in due time. Patience, Theodore."
Theodore scrunches up his face.
Aurora tilts her head. "…Are you implying that Lion was sitting on top of the Palace?"
Veracruz headscratches "I don't know, but maybe Alex might know of it" he looks at Alex
Vladislav: "The green didn't give it away?"
Veracruz: "He could just like the color"
Theodore: "The Salamander Palace was side of the Shade! I wasn't expecting Dryad inside Dryad."
[OOC] Theodore: inside^
Theodore: "He had a lot of gaudy gold all over the place anyway."
Alexander: "Silver goes better with green anyway. Sage Joch's home, huh?" He thinks on it for a bit.
Mana: Sage Joch's home is deep in the Shade, in the forest of monuments. Which is… a funny place to be staying, isn't it?
Vladislav: "Come, we can talk as we travel." Vladislav begins to scribble furiously in his book as he makes his way back towards Tacaroon. After a minute he rips the page off. A written message of todays events to pass off to the Dye Painters. "I have to pay a visit to the court, so perhaps it would be best if you bring one another up to speed at the Monkey Do for the time being."
Alexander: "Now that I think about it, I seem to recall someone mentioning Sage Joch had a home in the forest of monuments at a party I was at. How strange."
Alexander: "Deep in the Shade."
Toth: "Interesting place to stay."
Veracruz follows "HRrm…"
Theodore: "Man, they keep all kinds of weird dudes down in the Shade."
Aurora: "…Well, it IS Shade."
Mana: …And so it was written.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License