Apocrypha Too Much Of A Good Thing Part Ii

AURUM: The golden-armoured captain salutes you. Their weapon is already drawn!
Eidolon: "There may have been a misunderstanding, previously."
Eidolon: "(Maybe. Pretty sure it was a joke.)"
Eidolon: "(Maybe.)"
Nine salutes back, it's awful though "My… Companions deeply purple prose aside… We don't really come here looking for trouble. We are simply passing through, and if we can, wish to help"
Ezekiel: "What was going on again? Eidolon was picking fights or something…?
Eidolon: "No, no, I simply spoke too elaborately as to the nature of our narrative presence."
AURUM: They smile at Eidolon, their expression strangely pleasant, from someone issuing a challenge - if anything, they just look like they want to defend their home from these strange intruders!
Eidolon: "See? It's all a bit o' fun, we didn't even kill the last group."
AURUM: The figures milling about behind it don't seem so patient, or so pleasant, however, and one of them charges forward!
Ezekiel: "Uh-huh."
AURUM: Battle order: Solberg [B]:0 Captain Raiyah [F]:0 Clarafina [F]:2 Gardened Gardener B [B]:2 Eidolon [B]:4 Nine [B]:5 Mind of its Own B [F]:5 Gardened Gardener A [B]:6 Mind of its Own A [F]:6 Ezekiel [F]:7 Mind of its Own C [F]:7 Peregrine [F]:200
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
AURUM: Status for Gardened Gardener A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
AURUM: Status for Gardened Gardener B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
AURUM: Status for Captain Raiyah : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>]
AURUM: Solberg!
Eidolon: "Oh!"
Nine furrows his eyebrows, stepping back on his formation
Nine: "Like… Hrm…"
Nine: "A lot like people actually, forget it"
Solberg hits themselves with a [Solid Pulse 50D]. This one looks like it'll be a long one.
[OOC] Solberg: [SHP: 80] HP: 600/600, MP: 520/600, LP: /, SoS: 150 - Solid Pulse (5)
AURUM: The Captain raises their gladiolus in the air and lets out a shout, immediately picked up on by the others, echoed! [Critical Order]
Eidolon: "Ah, no, not one of these again." His shoulders slump.
AURUM: Battle order: Clarafina [F]:0 Gardened Gardener B [B]:0 Eidolon [B]:2 Nine [B]:3 Mind of its Own B [F]:3 Gardened Gardener A [B]:4 Mind of its Own A [F]:4 Ezekiel [F]:5 Mind of its Own C [F]:5 Captain Raiyah [F]:18 Solberg [B]:48 Peregrine [F]:198
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(3)
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(3)
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(3)
AURUM: Status for Gardened Gardener A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(3)
AURUM: Status for Gardened Gardener B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(3)
AURUM: Status for Captain Raiyah : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] High Tension +10%(1) Critical 20(3)
AURUM: Clarafina!
Clarafina holds her axe behind her and dashes at the Captain, delivering a slash to their side. There's a feathering of red light, phantom bonds - [Luckbane - 50D]
Clarafina rolled 1d100 and got 51 ( Total: 51 ) for 80/10
Clarafina rolled 1d10+120 and got 5 ( Total: 125.0 ) for [LP Bane (4) - suffering 50 damage per spent LP.]
AURUM: Hits for [125] and LP Bane (4)!
AURUM: Gardener B starts singing! [CT 10]
AURUM: Eidolon!
Eidolon: "Hm!" His body dims slightly. [Backfeed] With an outstretched hand and a wiggle of his fingers, a small hole opens up in timespace, glaring towards Gardened Gardner B. [CT 10, Void Junk]
Nine pulls out his book from his coat, slotting in that same crystal he always does. He walks over to Gardener B and strikes it with the spine of the book [Attack, 40D]
Nine rolled 1d100 and got 33 ( Total: 33 ) for 80
AURUM: Thwack!
AURUM: Hits the back row!
Nine rolled 1d8+72,60 and got 2 ( Total: 44.4 ) for Physical, Melee
AURUM: For [44]!
AURUM: Mind B goes ! [Wild Swing] and takes the opportunity to wallop Nine right in the face! [Attack]
AURUM rolled 1d100 and got 35 ( Total: 35 ) for 80 - 20
Nine can't really evade
Solberg clears their throat and neatly intercepts. [Guard Assist!
AURUM rolled d8+72,140% and got 1 ( Total: 102.19999999999999 ) for +40 Wild Swing, +20 First Punch, -20 Row
AURUM: Hitting for [102] physical damage!
Ezekiel: "Soo uhhhh."
Ezekiel: "What's first?"
Ezekiel: "I mean, this is a lot of dudes."
Eidolon: "Any of the lessers, they fold in about 2 to 4 hits."
AURUM: Mind A rushes Clarafina! [Attack]
AURUM rolled 1d100 and got 21 ( Total: 21 ) for 20/80
Solberg flinches slightly with a light thud, with a resistance that seems larger than their frame.
Solberg: "That's for you to sort out. I'll keep things tidy in the meantime."
AURUM rolled d8+72,120% and got 2 ( Total: 88.8 )
Eidolon: "I'm targeting who I am due to bonuses for them being further back- Void Junk accelerates more the further away the target."
[OOC] Solberg: [SHP: 29] HP: 600/600, MP: 520/600, LP: /, SoS: 150 - Solid Pulse (5),51 Lazy Damage (1)
Eidolon: "So it hits harder."
AURUM: Dealing [88] physical! It then points at her dramatically, and the ink on its body spells Clarafina's name!
[Warning]
Nine: "I suppose we could focus on one of the smaller ones at the front"
Clarafina: "Do you think you'll get the chance?"
Nine: "I am readying my explosives still, however, I will need a moment"
AURUM: Gardener A's hands bloom into meat-flowers! [CT 20 - 10]
Clarafina cackles. "Disgusting!"
AURUM: Battle order: Ezekiel [F]:0 Mind of its Own C [F]:0 Gardened Gardener B [B]:5 Eidolon [B]:7 Gardened Gardener A [B]:9 Captain Raiyah [F]:13 Nine [B]:38 Mind of its Own B [F]:38 Mind of its Own A [F]:39 Solberg [B]:43 Clarafina [F]:45 Peregrine [F]:193
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(2) Warning - Clarafina(1)
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(2)
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(3)
AURUM: Status for Gardened Gardener A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(3)
AURUM: Status for Gardened Gardener B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Critical 20(3)
AURUM: Status for Captain Raiyah : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] High Tension +10%(1) Critical 20(3) Luckbane [50](4)
AURUM: Ezekiel!
Nine: "As you can see, however, they are very frail"
Ezekiel‘ rushes up and attacks Mind of It’s Own A! [With uhhh the thing that gives HP and +20% damage on assists] [40D]
Ezekiel‘ rolled 1d100 and got 8 ( Total: 8 )
Ezekiel` rolled d8+91,150% and got 3 ( Total: 141.0 ) for power strike
AURUM: Sure is a hit!
A single beeping sound. An an explosion as soon as Ezekiel leaves the area [Interrupt Charge - S.A.]
Nine rolled 1d100 and got 7 ( Total: 7 ) for 80
Nine rolled 1d8+72,80 and got 4 ( Total: 60.800000000000004 )
AURUM: Pew pew! Is that… factoring in the +20% on assists?
[OOC] Nine: Oh, no
[OOC] Nine: I mismathed it’s 76 damage, then
AURUM: Mind C goes ! [Wild Swing] and then takes a swipe at Ezekiel!
AURUM rolled 1d100 and got 53 ( Total: 53 ) for 80 - 20
Ezekiel‘ rolls out of the way at the last second! [-1Luck]
AURUM: It growls :(
[OOC] Solberg: Wasn’t there some luckburn?
[OOC] Clarafina: Not on that target
[OOC] AURUM: Sure, on the Captain B)
AURUM: Gardener B stops singing, and a vine suddenly grows out of the ground and lances through Nine and Solberg! [Sing Together]
AURUM rolled 2d100 and got 27, 12 ( Total: 39 ) for 20 crit
[OOC] Nine: Uhn, whose was that crit on?
[OOC] Nine: I'll want to luck out of it if it was me
AURUM: Crits Solberg!
AURUM rolled d10+120 and got 7 ( Total: 127 )
d10+120,200%: 5 [Total: 250.0]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 377.0
AURUM: Dealing [127] magical Vine damage to Nine, and [250] magical Vine damage to Solberg!
Solberg will still luck out of it. [-5 per or -10 per for crit, I forget]
[OOC] Clarafina: -10 per~
AURUM: Just [127] then!
AURUM: Battle order: Eidolon [B]:0 Gardened Gardener A [B]:2 Captain Raiyah [F]:6 Gardened Gardener B [B]:18 Nine [B]:31 Mind of its Own B [F]:31 Mind of its Own A [F]:32 Ezekiel [F]:33 Mind of its Own C [F]:33 Solberg [B]:36 Clarafina [F]:38 Peregrine [F]:186
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own A : [<span style="color: #ff8000;">=== </span>] Critical 20(2) Warning - Clarafina(1)
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(2)
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(3)
AURUM: Status for Gardened Gardener A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(3)
AURUM: Status for Gardened Gardener B : [<span style="color: #008000;">======== </span>] Critical 20(2)
AURUM: Status for Captain Raiyah : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] High Tension +10%(1) Critical 20(3) Luckbane [50](4)
AURUM: Eidolon!
Nine steps to the side and blocks theincoming projectile with his book, it's deflected to the side but grazes his side, he doesn't seems to notice
[OOC] Nine: HP: 373/500, MP: 550/550, LP: 8/8, SoS: 125 - Spell Charge[+40%] (U)
[OOC] Solberg: HP: 562/600, MP: 520/600, LP: /, SoS: 150 - Solid Pulse (5),117 Lazy Damage (1)
Eidolon palm thrusts at the tear in space, and a ball of space-junk rockets to hit Gardened Gardner B! [Void Junk, 35D]
[OOC] Solberg: HP: 562/600, MP: 520/600, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - Solid Pulse (5),117 Lazy Damage (1)
Eidolon rolled 1d8+150 and got 8 ( Total: 158 ) for Marked
AURUM: Gardener B burns with [Palefire] and takes [30], incidentally, and then Eidolon does too [30]!
Eidolon: "Ow, hey!"
AURUM: And actually that
AURUM: is [60], since there are two gardeners!
Nine: "This… Yes, this should be enough. I will handle the front row, please focus on the two in the back"
AURUM: However, Gardener B absolutely dies immediately thereafter.
AURUM: Well, falls over, and the ink falls off.
AURUM: There's a difference!
Eidolon: "…ha ha!" He poses!
[OOC] Eidolon: HP: 340/600, [TMP: 210] MP: 600/600, LP: 8/8, SoS: 150
AURUM: Minds A through C all roar in unison! [Payback - +40% damage with their next action!]
AURUM: Eidolon is inflicted with a [Grudge] - blood and ink are on his hands! Take +30% damage (5)!
[OOC] Eidolon: HP: 340/600, [TMP: 210] MP: 600/600, LP: 8/8, SoS: 150 - Everyone's Grudge (5)
Eidolon: "Well now! I feel loved."
AURUM: Gardener A's meat-blossom hands spew burning aether in the shape of a [Triangle]!
Nine: "This will prove problematic"
AURUM rolled 3d100 and got 35, 71, 8 ( Total: 114 ) for 20/100 Eidolon Nine Ezekiel
AURUM: Ezekiel gets crit!
AURUM rolled d10+140,130% and got 6 ( Total: 189.8 ) for Eidolon, Nine, Ezekiel
d10+140: 3 [Total: 143]
d10+140,200%: 9 [Total: 298.0]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 630.8
AURUM: Dealing [189] to Eidolon, [143] to Nine, and [298] to Ezekiel!
[OOC] Solberg: Someone higher health with a guard assist wanna defend Eidolon?
Clarafina twirls into the path of the plume of aether, taking the hit for Eidolon. [G.A!]
[OOC] Nine: I'm down to half
[OOC] Nine: Also a target myself
[OOC] Solberg: yes therefore the first clause would preclude you <3
AURUM: Raiyah hums a calming melody! [Severance Package] - Mind A regains [70] HP upon the death of Gardener B!
Eidolon: "My thanks!"
AURUM: Raiyah then performs an [Assisted Strike] on Clarafina!
AURUM rolled 1d100 and got 29 ( Total: 29 ) for 20/80
AURUM rolled d8+117 and got 1 ( Total: 118 )
AURUM: Dealing [118] physical damage!
AURUM: Mind A assists! [Attack]
AURUM rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 ) for 20/80
AURUM rolled d8+72,190% and got 3 ( Total: 142.5 ) for Warning, Payback
AURUM: Dealing [142]!
Eidolon hops into the way of that- yes! [GA]
Clarafina: "Hmph, you're sure…? Well, I do appreciate it."
Eidolon: "I can take -some- damage… just not -all- of that last bit."
AURUM: Battle order: Nine [B]:0 Mind of its Own B [F]:0 Mind of its Own A [F]:1 Ezekiel [F]:2 Mind of its Own C [F]:2 Eidolon [B]:4 Solberg [B]:5 Gardened Gardener A [B]:6 Clarafina [F]:7 Captain Raiyah [F]:15 Peregrine [F]:155
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own A : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>] Critical 20(1)
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(2) Payback(1)
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(3) Payback(1)
AURUM: Status for Gardened Gardener A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(2)
AURUM: Status for Captain Raiyah : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(2) Luckbane [50](3)
AURUM: Nine!
Solberg: "Plus, it's not his name with a warning written in ink."
AURUM: Uhhh
Clarafina wipes her lip and giggles, mostly to herself. "Does that make us even…?"
AURUM rolled d8+72,140% and got 6 ( Total: 109.19999999999999 ) for if not against Clarafina
[109]!
Nine pulls out a cylindrical device from a pocket, he removes the crystal shard from the spine of the book and inserts in the device. Afterwards, he picks up a vial with a yellowish substance, pouring into the device. He screws in the device's cap and it starts beeping, a red area appears under the entire enemy front row "Clear the blast area" he tosses the device upwards [Demolisher,
Nine CT 20]
AURUM: FUCK grudge uh
Eidolon: "Your tab's good."
AURUM rolled d8+72,170% and got 8 ( Total: 136.0 ) for if not against Clarafina BUT GRUDGE
[136]! I am the worst.
AURUM: Just look at all these fudged damage numbers. How does physics even WORK in this world? There's so much to keep track of.
Solberg: Entropy's a serious problem here, yes.
AURUM: Mind B takes a [Wild Swing] at Nine!
AURUM rolled 1d100 and got 85 ( Total: 85 ) for 20/60
AURUM: Goes wide!
Nine didn't even move for that one
AURUM: Mind A tries the same tactic! [Attack] [Wild Swing]
AURUM rolled 1d100 and got 94 ( Total: 94 ) for 20/60
AURUM: It ends about as well!
AURUM: Ezekiel!
[OOC] Ezekiel: can I see the inits/HP
AURUM: Sure thing!
[OOC] Eidolon: HP: 204/600, [TMP: 210] MP: 600/600, LP: 8/8, SoS: 150 - Everyone's Grudge (5)
AURUM: Battle order: Ezekiel [F]:0 Mind of its Own C [F]:0 Eidolon [B]:2 Solberg [B]:3 Gardened Gardener A [B]:4 Clarafina [F]:5 Captain Raiyah [F]:13 Nine [B]:18 Mind of its Own B [F]:38 Mind of its Own A [F]:39 Peregrine [F]:153
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own A : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>]
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(1)
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(3) Payback(1)
AURUM: Status for Gardened Gardener A : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(2)
AURUM: Status for Captain Raiyah : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(2) Luckbane [50](3)
[OOC] Solberg: HP: 562/600, MP: 520/600, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150 - Solid Pulse (5),117 Lazy Damage (1)
Ezekiel‘ starts setting up a [Restore Field], which is probably more like a lot of smoke but eh!! [CT20]
AURUM: Seems legit.
AURUM: Mind C goes for the [Wild Swing] because one of these is going to land, damn it! (On Nine.)
AURUM rolled 1d100 and got 23 ( Total: 23 ) for 20/60
AURUM: There we go. No crit though. :(
[OOC] Nine: Uhn… Let’s see how much damge it does
[OOC] Nine: Because I got 230 health and I may have to luck something
AURUM rolled d8+72,200% and got 6 ( Total: 156.0 ) for [First Punch] [Payback] [Wild Swing]
AURUM: Dealing [156] physical damage!
[OOC] Nine: Wow, so much mods
AURUM: Eidolon!
Nine turns sideways and takes the brunt of the hit on his shoulder and back "Really, now"
[OOC] Nine: HP:<span style="color: #ff8000;"> 74</span>/500, MP: 550/550, LP: 8/8, SoS: 125 - Spell Charge[+40%] (U)
AURUM: Hang in there!
[OOC] Solberg: Can I Get An HP Check (from the party not the monsters (well okay not the enemies, some of us may be monsters))
[OOC] Ezekiel: HP: 482/700, MP: 550/550, LP: /, SoS: 175
[OOC] Eidolon: HP: 204/600, [TMP: 210] MP: 600/600, LP: 8/8, SoS: 150 - Everyone's Grudge (5)
Eidolon swipes a hole into spacetime and aims at Gardener A! [CT 0 (2 Luck Spent)] Immediately, star-stuff flies out and shreds the botanist! [Void Junk, 35D]
AURUM: Nine's got pretty low HP, I think. =)
Eidolon rolled 1d8+150 and got 6 ( Total: 156 ) for Marked!
[OOC] Nine: Mineups right before you asked
[OOC] Clarafina: HP: 438/700, MP: 450/500, LP: /, SoS: 175
[OOC] Solberg: yes
AURUM: The gardener took [30] a while back, and now Eidolon takes [30] from Palefire, and the Gardener takes [156] and is barely hanging in there!
AURUM: Solberg!
Solberg goes from chill to a flurry of activity in an instant, following up on the junk by striking a ball at the Gardener. [Spell Assist: Bank Shot!] They just take the rest of the lazy damage for themselves [117], strikes the same ricoheting orb through Nine's chest [Spark - Quick before acting], where it stays suspended in midair while they level a shot aimed at Captain Raiyah. [Reverse
Solberg Vacuum]
[OOC] Solberg: CT 30-10 btw
Solberg rolled d12+144 and got 7 ( Total: 151.0 ) for first, Bank Shot vs. Gardener
Solberg rolled d8+100 and got 2 ( Total: 102.0 ) for Healing Nine
AURUM: Gardener A dies! Solberg's got a Grudge (5)! [+30% damage!] Minds A through C roar! [Payback]
[OOC] Solberg: Also, Luckbanex2 because they're targetting Raiyah.
Eidolon does a really slow doubletake.
[OOC] Clarafina: Nah Luckbane proc on the monster spending LP
[OOC] Solberg: gdi
AURUM: Battle order: Clarafina [F]:0 Captain Raiyah [F]:8 Nine [B]:13 Ezekiel [F]:15 Solberg [B]:18 Eidolon [B]:32 Mind of its Own B [F]:33 Mind of its Own A [F]:34 Mind of its Own C [F]:35 Peregrine [F]:148
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own A : [<span style="color: #008000;">===== </span>] Payback(1)
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own B : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(1) Payback(1)
AURUM: Status for Mind of its Own C : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(2) Payback(1)
AURUM: Status for Captain Raiyah : [<span style="color: #008000;">==========</span>] Critical 20(2) Luckbane [50](3)
AURUM: Clarafina!
[OOC] Nine: You're thinking of… Hex, I think, which doubles the effect of luck spent against the target
[OOC] Clarafina: Black Spot!
[OOC] Solberg: Entirely possible
Nine crosses his arms, looking at the Raiyah
Clarafina slashes into the Captain!
[OOC] Clarafina: 50D
Clarafina rolled 1d100 and got 98 ( Total: 98 ) for 80/10
Clarafina: …But she misses.
AURUM: They sidestep gracefully!
AURUM: Captain Raiyah begins focusing…
AURUM rolled d12+300,300% and got 1 ( Total: 903.0 )
AURUM: Giant, juicy [903] T.HP bubbles slowly start to form in the air around Minds A through C. [CT 10]
AURUM: Nine!
AURUM: Can you prevent this terrible fate!?
Nine starts walking towards Raiyah as the cylinder finally hits the ground. With a single clinking sound it explodes in a cloud of lightning and sparks!
Nine rolled 1d10+150,140 and got 10 ( Total: 224.0 )
AURUM: There's a tremendous explosion!
[OOC] Nine: 224 damage and -40 CoS(1) to the front row!
Clarafina: (I don't think you've spent enough luck on that damage value, Nine))
[KO] [KO] [KO]
AURUM:
AURUM: …when the dust settles, the Captain's standing alone, all of her compatriots dazed and knocked unconscious by the blast.
Nine walks to the cloud of sparks, and puts a hand in. He waits until it dissipates, then looks at Raiyah in the eyes, pouring the golden dust into another vial before walking back into formation [Mist Condenser]
Eidolon: "Odds are evened up now, wouldn't you say, captain?"
AURUM: Ezekiel!
Clarafina dashes in and slices into the Captain! [S.A!]
Clarafina rolled 1d100 and got 74 ( Total: 74 ) for 80/10
AURUM: Hits!
Clarafina rolled 1d10*1.5+120*1.5 and got 4 ( Total: 186.0 ) for Domino Effect +50%!
[OOC] Ezekiel: I do still have Dominio Effect Running tho. Which is like. +50%
[OOC] Nine: HP: 176/500, MP: 485/550, LP: 8/8, SoS: 125
AURUM: Ezekiel, resolve your CT!
Ezekiel‘ exhales, sending a cloud of smoke over Nine, Eidolon and himself. [Restore Field] [40D] [90HP HoT (5). Breaks when damaged]
Resolve all ticks of HoT - the Captain takes a few steps back, staggering from Clarafina’s attack and the explosion, dropping her weapon, which wilts as soon as it leaves her hand.
AURUM: "Wait…"
AURUM: "…stop. I can… I can think clearly."
Eidolon: "I thought so."
AURUM: "Ahahaha… damn it."
Nine: "Ah… I figured it was something like that"
AURUM: BUT BEFORE THAT HAPPENS ACTUALLY,
AURUM: SOLBERG RESOLVES A CT, TOO:
Solberg does some damage in the neighborhood of d12+144 BUT WHAT REALLY MATTERS is healing everyone for [160]
[OOC] Solberg: HP: 600/600, MP: 385/600, LP: 5/8, SoS: 150 - Solid Pulse (4)
AURUM: "I… we…"
AURUM: She looks around. "…well, this didn't go -quite- as planned, did it."
Clarafina tilts her head.
Nine: "Omniously, " Too Much Of A Good Thing " I presume is what happened"
Nine: "I suppose this was an… Experiment in shared consciousness?"
Eidolon: "No, no, we were the victors,"
AURUM: "When we got here, we found… something here already. The land was unbelievably fertile and rich…"
Eidolon: "I'm fairly certain that's how it was going to air out- oh, yes."
AURUM: "We had dreams, at night. We were all linked together, our minds connected somehow. It was beautiful."
AURUM: "And underground, there was… we found a substance."
AURUM: "Like… thick, muddy ink."
Solberg gives a glance to Ezekiel before hearing it's ink.
Clarafina: "How splendid! …And then, well, you try to murder intruders."
Nine: "Something went wrong, I presume"
Ezekiel: "Wait what's going I wasn't paying attention."
Ezekiel‘ steps out of the smoke cloud above his head.
AURUM: "It called to us, and when we bathed in it… we were part of it, and each other, and- and someone else, who’s been here a long time, and was so lonely!"
Nine: "Let me guess, it overwhelmed you, right?"
AURUM: "And then I- and then it- hah, it's confusing- we- no!"
AURUM: "No."
Eidolon: "Doing that for more than one night at a time is ill advised."
AURUM: "We embraced each other. It was- it was good. We didn't make the mistakes we made in the world we fled."
Ezekiel: "Oh we're talking about hippy drug orgies. Cool."
AURUM: "Then, someone came through this world- dressed in motley and opals."
Eidolon 's eyes light up.
Ezekiel‘ glances between… Eidolon and Solberg. "(Motley?)
Nine crosses his arms "Is that… Person still around?"
Eidolon: "(Real…haphazard, almost?)"
AURUM: "He- or she- they told us how to build an engine that would connect us even more closely with one another- told us that the stuff we found underground was called ’Mud'…"
AURUM: "And that we could build an engine out of the Mud, and give the life that was here a physical form."
Clarafina: "It lost a little something in the transition, did it?"
AURUM: "And… and we tried it, and… it worked. A little too well. It's… it's not what He wanted, though - we became -too- close together, we were all one, and we were lonely, again. The jester had tricked us."
Nine sighs "It is generally not a good idea to give new form to pre-existing life without both explicit concent, preparation and training on both sides. I'm going to guess you- that jester again"
Eidolon: "Transpeciesism is a muddy concept."
Nine: "I guess it must be him that's… Hrm…"
Eidolon: "You tried, though, I suppose I can't fault that."
Clarafina: "The separation of a conjoined existence… ah, the possibilities!"
AURUM: "And the engine started to control us- siphoning energy away, distressing the balance of energy in the world. Or at least, that's how He explained it, while He still could…"
Clarafina turns to the rest, eyes sparkling.
Clarafina: "Can we operate on them? Can we, can we?"
AURUM: "…anyways, you can understand why what was left of our instincts… didn't want visitors."
AURUM: "I'm sorry."
Nine: "It's fine…" he furrows his eyebrows
Solberg cocks their head at Clarafina, skeptic. "Haven't we done enough damage here already?"
Eidolon wild smiles at Clarafina. "I anticipate- I expect great things from it."
AURUM: She glances at Clarafina. "…please, don't hurt Him. Any more than you have to. Don't hurt me. Us. But…"
Eidolon: "How else will we crack a gash into some aspect of reality on our way to the next?"
Clarafina: "A symptom or two, maybe, Solberg. But not the cause."
AURUM: "…if you can destroy the engine… that would be good, I think."
Clarafina: She waves a hand.
Clarafina: "I'm going to perform surgery. I believe how much pain is suffered is up to his mind, and not me. No?"
Clarafina strolls along through the gate, wiping her axe off with a cloth.
Nine puts a hand on Clarafina's shoulder
Clarafina skids to a stop, jerked back by Nine.
Nine: "Sorry, this isn't your show"
Nine looks at their new friend "Where is this engine?"
AURUM: "…I want to believe in you. I want to hope." She shudders, bodily. "I just… want things to go back to how they were… immersed in the Mud at night, tending our gardens by day."
AURUM: She points to the heart of the city, to the spire of brass and crystal.
Clarafina: "There's a patient that needs help."
Clarafina: "If you think you can excise the sickness better than I can, be my guest."
Clarafina: "…But we can't not operate."
Nine: "Machines are built to do what they were designed to. They're just tools" he starts heading towards the heart to the city "And any tool can be fixed"
Eidolon: "This is an even greater madness."
Eidolon: "I love it."
Nine: "They could destroy a world, as they've done here, as they've done where i'm from"
Nine: "They can repair a world"
Nine: "As they will do here"
Clarafina: "How physical of you! I think you're a little shortsighted, but I'll defer to you as the senior in this matter."
Nine: "As I do will do where I'm from"
Clarafina: "I'm sure, my dear."
Clarafina: "But you have to start cutting somewhere."
Nine may have been talking more to himself than Clarafina at that point
Nine: "Of course"
Nine: "But you leave that to the specialist"
Eidolon floats after.
Nine: "I'll defer the medical matters to you, but for now, this seems like a terrible cybernetic interface. Of those I understand"
Anyways, got 13 XP.
Solberg: To Raiyah: "You seem lucid now. What more do you want us to do, precisely?"
Clarafina heads towards the spire, lowering a veil to shield her face against its terrible glow. Doesn't every good city have a heart?
AURUM: She looks between Nine and Clarafina, not really following everything… "…as long as you can wake us up- and save the Prince- I don't really mind."
Solberg nods.
Solberg: "Such unison is tempting - it certainly makes governing easier. But it's an empty existence."
Clarafina: "What a platitude."
Clarafina: "How can you say it's empty when you've only looked at its smallest portion?"
Solberg: "We'll figure something better out. Well, better than your current state."
AURUM: The architecture of the city is beautiful - there's a harmony to it that you've never seen, like the builders shared a mind to some degree - which, it now turns out, they did.
Clarafina: "That's like judging a person based on a handful of their cells."
AURUM: The inhabitants watch you - held back from their relentless assault.
AURUM: The city holds its breath.
AURUM: The low thrumming of a pump.
AURUM: A spire of crystal, jutting into the sky.
AURUM: Somehow, all of this feels deeply, eerily familiar, Eidolon.
Solberg: "You heard them speak of their experience, plain as day."
Nine: "The thing is"
Nine: "There is a difference between connection"
Nine: "And fusion"
Eidolon absentmindedly rubs his chin with a hand, transitioning into a face rub.
Nine: "As they were before, they were connection, free of the barriers of interfaces"
AURUM: Veins run through the crystal, and Mud runs through the veins, pumped by the city's heart.
Nine: "After the jester intervened, they were fused, no longer different entieties, but a single one"
Nine: "Those are different states."
Nine: "Nobody likes being alone"
Eidolon: "Strange seeing flowing Mud, like that…"
Eidolon: "Don't know why but I figured it'd just glob up instead, wouldn't take well."
AURUM: (It seems like the crystal is diverting energy of some sort, up into the sky, into the clouds, but maybe not…?)
AURUM: (And it feels like - the vaguest brush of your consciousness against the weft of the world, that you've seen that, before, too, somewhere. The sensation passes.)
Eidolon: "Anyway, uh… try not to get any on you."
Eidolon: "It's fun for some, though."
AURUM: There's a great brass door in the stone that's been thoughtfully left open, for you.
Nine looks up at the door, and simply strides inside
Solberg ducks their head and follows.
AURUM: A metallic, smell, wafting out from beyond that door. Strangely… not as unpleasant as you might have thought. A gentle, pleading compulsion to come forward, a cry for aid, a demand that you turn away, the compulsion to leave.
AURUM: All at once.
Eidolon floats on through, giving the brass a comforting pat.
AURUM: Lonely. Crowded. Lonely. Crowded.
Ezekiel: "Man you'd think for a hivemind they'd be better at voicing an opinion at us."
Nine pays it no mind, his mind is disciplined after all "They've been tinkered with. Let's fix that"
Solberg: "They are, they're just embroiled in the throes of the hedgehog's dilemma."
Eidolon: "Oh, I don't know, it's like wanting something that's bad for you."
Ezekiel: "The what?"
Solberg: "I'll explain when you're older."
Solberg pats Ezekiel on the head.
Ezekiel: "Man I'm older than you."
Clarafina sharpens her axe - grinding it a few strokes - before stepping inside.
Eidolon: "Anyway… want to pull at levers, Nine?"
AURUM: Inside the city heart is an enormous machine- crystal glass and brass gears half-submerged in a giant pool of shimmering, iridescent inky Mud; a massive glass lantern at the heart of it, channeling the Mud. Inside is - something alive, the churning heart of the Mud, a Fiend-Prince whose tendrils stretch to the very edges of the mad, overgrown jungle that's overtaken the City…
Nine: "Yes"
AURUM: The City watches, and waits.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License