Gmm8

An ambush is something nobody enjoys being a part of, presumably on either side, especially when it rains. Rain that, yet still, brings you memories as you witness it as you drive off the road… the memory of the car's hood having been removed to make space for your weapon. Having a hood sounds like a good idea right about now
Serenity‘ may have stolen Anton’s coat to make a makeshift tarp for herself, given it's difficult to drive with rain falling in your eyes.
Anton cracks his neck. "Y'know, I'm kind of surprised this thing still works. After the flying in the air thing and all."
The rain has slowly started to get weaker, but Hughbert might tell you it's lucky it has yet to as you forge a path with your vehicle through the woods and around a hill… Much as Serenity prophesized (sort of), as you head around the base of said hill you see a few markings of population, those of you with acute eyes see the remains of a hunting camp here and there.
Serenity: "Sturdy shell."
Anton: "So, what's the plan Hugh?"
Serenity: "Most machines don't actually explode at the slightest procovation you know - that tends to be super exagurated in novels."
Around this area the foliage turns incredibly dense for some reason, no longer a path avaiable for the car to take the car slowly comes to a stop as the last droplets of rain fall. Turns out the brake's damaged as you fail to stop right where you wanted, gently hitting against a tree-
There is an explosion of color and movement- You've never seen so many butterflies scatter from a tree before, it's almost as if every leaf was a butterfly given as many as there are
[OOC] Hughbert: uhhh right, refreshing myself, we're Sneak Attacking aren't we
[OOC] JayM: Sneak attacking the village the people who embushed you came from
Serenity: "Uh - huh? Weird. Also i thought I checked those things before we left. Hrm."
Hughbert: "Suspect any tampering, Serenity? I'm no machinist, but I should be able to see the signs."
Serenity: "Naw they were probably more shot that I thought,"
Amal doesn't whistle at the butterlifes, impressed, because THEY'RE BEING STEALTHY, but, still.
Serenity: "On the other had there's be a lot of weird butterfly motife thingies going on so I duno what fate might have to say on thta front."
Hughbert: "As for the plan, we need to get a better line of sight. Remember, we have Florence here as an infiltration specialist. He is more than capable of performing initial reconnaisance once we find a good entry point."
You hear rustling from nearby- Something moves, covered in a cloak of leaves. He raises both hands over his head to show he's non-threatening before lowering the hood of the cloak, it's Silvester "Damn, boss, did you forget my name already? It's Silvester"
[OOC] Hughbert: I misread my notes, can we write that off as an OoC derp :V?
Anton grins teasingly at Silvester. "It's okay. I just call him the man in the suit half the time~."
Serenity: "So good he doesn't even stand out in your mind."
[OOC] JayM: Certainly
His face is painted green, black and brown "But yeah, I figured you were going to come this way so I pre-empted that and already checked. Turns out the woods are considerably dense here, there would normally be three entry paths but given the destruction…"
Hughbert: "Their border is not particularly secure, then. Any high-priority targets inside the area, perhaps buildings, people?"
Silvester walks up to the car and sits down "Anyway, let's start from the start. The village is a mess, seems like it was hit by a flood to help things out, most buildings are complete losses, ruins all over. I suggest getting ready for urban warfare. Right now the populace is mostly huddled around the city hall, what used to be a warehouse and a small hotel. Village has a big central road, there used to be farmhouses surrounding it but those are gone or abandoned"
Amal: "Poor bastards."
Silvester: "There's a river running through the back, I wouldn't go near it as it's probably as bad off as the main rivers here, you could go through it undetected but it'd be bad for you in the long term. There's around a hundred and fifty people, of them only four capable fighters including a mercenary. Apparently they used to have some monsters used for work but only this… Horse thing is around anymore"
Serenity: "Ah, lost homes. I guess that's why they think they need building supplies more than they need drinking water. Idiots."
Anton: "That group we saw earlier was certainly something." He nods to Serenity.
Silvester: "Village's food supplies are going to last about ten days at best the way it is, people seem split in two camps, actually, only one group seems to think the raiding business is a good idea, but they're the armed ones, so"
Amal: "That's reassuring. I don't want to hurt anyone I don't have to."
Serenity: "Well hey they makes knowing who to hit real easy."
[OOC] Serenity: that makes^
Silvester: "They've also got most of the food and medical supplies, they're based on the warehouse. I did see a vehicle of unusual make, however"
Silvester: "It was a transport truck, nothing unusual by itself, but it must have been imported. Also heard something about the Recovery Movement wanting to send people to help them out, but not sure what's up on that front. Wether they want or not they're not here now"
Hughbert: "I can think of quite a few plans from here, however… Keeping in mind that we're trying to promote peace does make things more difficult. Threatening to destroy their supplies, for example, in order to demand surrender, will not do. The most straightforward option would be to defeat the mercenaries and figure out how to convince the civilians to cooperate."
Serenity: "Yeah pretty much."
Serenity: "Knock out the idiots, tell them we're trying to depoison the well, continue on."
Hughbert: "And likewise, taking the opportunity to ambush them is tempting, but… We would be much more convincing if we simply walk in and publicly challenge them."
Anton: "I'm all for the latter. I wouldn't trust a stranger that uses low handed tricks to try and wrest control."
Anton: "I doubt they would be very trusting either."
Serenity: "I guess."
Hughbert: "Still, as long as we have the initiative, I think we should try to capitalize on it as best we can. If we simply march in, we may be subject to traps, ambushes, guerilla warfare and the like. If we can avoid that, while maintaining our integrity, that would be the ideal plan. Plus, there is the matter of that unknown truck."
Serenity‘ tilts her head towards Silvester.
Silvester: "Hey now i’m just good at being unseen. If it helps there's the possibility of a lot of cover avaiable if you just walk in through the main street since you're flanked by ruins on both sides, but I could only count four combat-capable people. I imagine most of their combatants were wounded in the ambush."
Silvester: "And I wouldn't put much hope untrained gunmen could hit you from ten meters away with guns as scrappy as they got, much less from the buildings"
Amal: "We can sneak up on the mercenaries and avoid the traps, and -then- reveal ourselves! If they're clever, they'll just realise they've been outplayed right out of the gate."
Hughbert: "Silvester, once we engage the enemy force, they will be distracted. I want you to take that opportunity to investigate the transport and make sure that unknown doesn't become a threat."
Silvester nods
Silvester: "I'll be ready"
Serenity‘ sighs slightly, then grabs her gun and steps out of the car, motioning to Anton that he can take his soaking wet coat back now if he wants it.
Hughbert: "As for us, any opposition to taking the main road? I’ll lead us down the open path, and… Anton, can you keep a visual on what's going on behind cover and call out any ambushes?"
Harriet will remain behind to finish fixing the car, also seems like in the previous mess the insulation of her ECC got damaged so she needs to patch that up as well
Anton takes the coat back before giving Hughbert a thumbs up. "You got it, boss~."
Serenity: "The gear seemed to think that would mostly be safe anyway so yeah."
Serenity‘ starts walking.
Hughbert hops out of the car and leads the way.
The walk is not overly long, and the air after rain is refreshing as it can be. As you head over to the road you see in the distance the remains of the village, water damaged buildings and buildings toppled over, it makes a strange sight as the view of destruction is framed by a rainbow as the clouds of rain departed as quick as they arrived- Colorful butterflies are the only things you see perching in the windows
Amal: "They do call this place ’where the butterflies gather', I guess."
The main street isn't very wide, you'd think it has traffic only one way- The wreckage of carts on both sides and an upside-down low-grade truck that has long since given in to rust nearly block the road at one point
Hughbert keeps a careful eye out for any movement or traps…
Serenity: "They do?"
JayM: Serenity did you miss you geography classes :<
Amal: "Yeah!"
JayM: The names on the setting page are straight up in the books in the library
Serenity‘ probably knows a lot about the land itself, couldn’t care less about the people living on it. >_>
Either way further ahead you see a few signs of life, there's a large campfire with a makeshift tarp roof over it, that has been removed now that the rain's over. A couple dozen people are around it as food is being made, somehow it smells appetizing from over here, but you see no meat.
Serenity: "Why does some little podunk town in the middle of no where have a nick name like that?"
Amal: "No, I mean. The entire country."
Serenity: "Oh."
Anton is… sucking on a lollipop with his hands shoved in his coat pockets. It doesn't look like he's keeping a lookout going but when has he ever.
As you come closer a middle-aged man stands up, you see he's wearing survival clothes as well, especially the cloak looks really similar to what that old grumpy gunner was wearing. You see past the campfire there's a large truck that looks incredibly rough and kind of sharp, it's back is open and seems like there's more supplies in there. "You're really bold to just walk up here" he says
Amal trusts Anton! :3
Serenity: "I…"
Serenity: "Wasn't aware there was some kind of law against entering towns in these parts…?"
Amal grins. "You're pretty bold to assault people on critical missions to unfuck your country's water supply, so I guess that makes us even~!"
Hughbert: "Are you in charge here? I want to speak with your leader."
Anton raises a hand to high-five Amal.
Serenity‘ opens mouth, closes mouth and glances at Amal briefly.
He turns around to face you, but another man in his old years that’s with the campfire group doesn't bothers lokoing at anyone as he speaks "That really should be me, but those… Ignorants seem to want otherwise"
Amal high-five, yeaaaah!
Amal then proceeds to ignore the ignorants and peer at the elder mercenary curiously.
Someone wearing something odd is unloading crates of… Something from the truck. What they're wearing looks like some form of armor that covers the chest, arms and legs, all connected to eachother with ragnite tubing and joints with small motors. They're not paying much attention to you. Someone familiar, however, is helpng unload the truck from inside, Celestine
Anton slides over to Hughbert before murmering under his breath.
Elder: "I should be the prefect of this little town, but those… Kids…" he says by way of euphemism "With little foresight seem to think they know better"
Elder: "I suppose you're the people i've been expecting?"
[OOC] Hughbert: is the elder the old non-combatant or the guy in the cloak?
Amal: "Need us to teach 'em a lesson or two for ya? I mean, it's that or they attack our car again when we're in the middle of doing extremely important science things to save you guys."
Cloaked Man: "Gramps, in the goddess' name you don't know what your priorities are" he looks at you "I was with the ambush team, I saw them there taking him in"
[OOC] JayM: The old non-combatant
[OOC] Hughbert: okay the - yeah
Elder: "Serves that idiot right"
Elder: "I'd rather avoid any more damage around here if you can, however"
Cloaked Man: "Avoid damage? There's no more damage to avoid"
Serenity: "Well I mean."
Serenity: "There's a few buildings still standing."
Cloaked Man: "If you think you're just going to waltz in and tell us what we should do or not, or how we're going to survive, you're sorely mistaken"
Serenity‘ sizes up the cloaked man, before walking up and standing right in front of him.
Amal: "Those are like, the first step and then the last step but there’ll probably be some beating some sense into you in between…?"
Before Serenity can get close he pulls out the shotgun that was hanging form his hip and points at her "Not a step closer"
Cloaked Man: "Turn right back around and leave this place"
The armored person unloading sighs and sets down a crate, crosses their arms and looks at the mess
Serenity: "Oh, a shot gun."
Hughbert: "Right. You." Hughbert gestures to the cloaked man. "Gather your combatants. We came here to challenge you. You are to cease your raiding immediately. I can see you won't surrender, so let's get this over with."
Anton: "Oh! I always wanted to see one of those. Do you have like… a poncho to go with it?"
Serenity: "Real scary, pointin' it at a girl like half your size because she took a step closer."
Serenity: "Think I'm going to wrestle your dumb ass too the ground or something?"
Anton: "Serenity, are you saying size does actually matter? With what I've seen you do I can't blame him!"
Amal: "You guys really should have more spirit than this! Your boss is going to be disappointed~"
Serenity: "Goddess."
The armored handler whistles loudly and walks up to stand beside the cloaked man "Sorry for this, but do us a favor and deal with him? His friends got all the guns, so we kind of have no choice"
Serenity: "Anton I don't have enough time to make all the smarmy comments in responce to that I want to. That wasn't nice."
Armored Handler: "For what's worth i'm kind of duty bound to help him out, so sorry again"
Amal: "Hey, you're mercenaries! No hard feelings."
The handler makes a face "Yeah" they look back at Celestine in the truck "Aren't you going to help?"
Hughbert: "You two know each other?" Hughbert asks Amal.
Celestine: "Not this time, contract says I don't need to die for you if I don't feel like it. Also, y'know, I do think you guys are being dumb about this so"
Celestine: "I'd feel really bad about doing something right now"
Serenity: "Anyway I guess if we're going to stand around pointing guns at people like a bunch of fucking idiots…" Serenity swings her rifle around and into her hands in a single motion,
You hear the loud noise of clopping coming from behind you- You have the presence of mind to dodge just as something comes charging right past leaving a trail of light behind it
Serenity: "But Hughbert's right we might want to, you know, move away from all the innocent civilia - the fuck?"
With a loud whinny the horse stops behind the armored handled, it raises it's front in the air. It's skin is while but translucent, giving off light. It's so thin you can see it's muscles and bones and organs underneath, it's teeth are blue and crystalline
Hughbert: "Shinespark again?! This close to the civilians, have you lost your mind?"
JayM: You may get some revenge at what busted up your car
So that's about when the whining of electricity fills the air.
It's quite obvious by now the civilians have started scattering, Celestine is directing them off to what seems like the city hall
Amal shakes their head at Hughbert. "Not personally, but their boss and I go back a ways. Hey, if you go easy on us, I'll make sure M gives you a bonus!"
The handler chuckles "Oh, sure. We'll talk about that later"
Harriet emerges, goggles down, pointing a fully-charged ECC at the guy with the people her friends are Dealing With. "Hi. Fixed my shit. You're the people who broke it, right?"
Serenity: "Yup."
JayM: Sounds like it's time for
Hughbert glances over the fleeing civilians and sizes up who he's dealing with. The cloaked guy, the handler, the shinespark… If Celestine is hanging back, that makes three. "Anyone else? I don't want to hear a single complaint."
JayM: Battle order: Anton [B]:0 Amal [B]:10 Harriet [B]:10 Cloaked Man [F]:11 Serenity [B]:12 Hughbert [F]:12 Shinespark [B]:13 Armored Handler [F]:15
JayM: Status for Armored Handler [F]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Shinespark [B]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Cloaked Man [F]: : [==========]
JayM: Anton!
Anton takes a step back before brushing his bangs to the side. 3 of his clones appear in the front row. [Phantom Rush - 70D | 30D clone x3]
[OOC] Anton: HP: 600/600, MP: 370/550, LP: 6/7, SoS: 150
JayM: Amal!
JayM: Wait before that: Tactical Round
JayM: Choose where your bonuses go
[OOC] Hughbert: I got the -20% d.t. I guess
JayM: Hughbert and Harriet have Poisoned[77](2), too
Amal free LP, Serenity DMG, Harriet TMP
JayM: Okay, choose a target for +20% damage taken
Amal starts charging a [Chorus CT10].
[OOC] Serenity: ??
JayM: Harriet!
[OOC] Hughbert: damage dealt I think he means
JayM: Ice: One of the abilities is +20% damage taken on next hit
JayM: The opposite of what's on Hughbert right now
JayM: (it's for an enemy)
[OOC] Serenity: from… adaptable? no it's 'one person deal more damage with their first attack', which is what I grabbbed
JayM: Oh right
JayM: Duh
JayM: Misread
JayM: Gomen
JayM: Anyway, Harriet then
Harriet flicks a switch on her already-charged ECC, and swings it over towards Handler. "Right. You first!" It's too bad she wasn't here to see him being reasonable. [Jolt, -1 LP to make it hit immediately because by god I'm dedicated to my entrance, 25D]
JayM: Hell yeah
Harriet rolled 1d12+180 and got 2 ( Total: 182.0 ) for dear my party: i'm sorry
[OOC] Harriet: HP: 241/600, MP: 480/700, LP: 5/8, SoS: 150 - Poison[77] (1)
The lightning strike- Lines glow in their armor as the whine of engine intensifies, part of the charge dissipating harmlessly [Reactive Armor]
The Armored Handler cracks their knuckles, and runs up to Serenity and delivers a single punch straight to her midsection sending her flying back with force gear-amplified strength [Separation Impact]
JayM rolled 1d12+105,80 and got 9 ( Total: 91.2 )
JayM: Dealing [91] Physical Melee damage, would move to back row if you were in front. The strike leaves you thoroughly shaken and using a Spell with your next action will deal 42 damage to you
[OOC] Serenity: no roll to hit?
JayM: Do you have evasion?
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 69 ( Total: 69 ) for 100 CoS either way
[OOC] Serenity: aha
Serenity: "Uh… okay?"
The cloaked man loads a black cartridge in his shotgun [Raven Ammo]
JayM: Battle order: Serenity [B]:0 Hughbert [F]:0 Shinespark [B]:1 Amal [B]:8 S-Anton A [F]:18 S-Anton B [F]:18 S-Anton C [F]:18 Harriet [B]:23 Cloaked Man [F]:39 Anton [B]:58 Armored Handler [F]:58
JayM: Status for Armored Handler [F]: : [========= ]
JayM: Status for Shinespark [B]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Cloaked Man [F]: : [==========]
JayM: Serenity!
Serenity‘ rolls her eyes a little, before pulling the trigger to seemingly no effect. She then concentrates and even MORE nothing happens. [Sniper Beam - 50D] [Somebody Loves Me] [Sniper Beam in 40D & 60D]
JayM: Hughbert!
[OOC] Serenity: HP: 367/500, [TMP: 80] MP: 500/600, LP: 6/9, SoS: 125 - 42 ()
Hughbert calms the air around Serenity and Harriet, coughing a bit from the poison but the two easily regenerate more than he just lost. [Split Solid Pulse, 50D]
[OOC] Hughbert: grants 40 HP regen for (3)
[OOC] Hughbert: oh and
Harriet puffs out a breath. "Thanks, Hughbert."
Hughbert rolled 1d6+40 and got 3 ( Total: 43 )
[OOC] Hughbert: you both heal 43 up front, also
[OOC] Harriet: HP: 284/600, MP: 480/700, LP: 5/8, SoS: 150 - Poison[77] (1),Regen[40] (3)
[OOC] Hughbert: HP: 577/650, Stored: 0, T.HP: 3 MP: 546/650, LP: 4/6, SoS: 162, Poison [77] (1), -20% dt once
The Shinespark whinnies and raises up, then starts running forward and within three seconds it accelerates so fast it’s but a blur to your vision- It heads straight towards Harriet!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 6 ( Total: 6 ) for 90
Amal steps in to take the hit! [GA]
It runs so fast it turns into nothing but a trail of light and lands a [Direct Impact]. Amal takes the hit instead and it feels like you were hit by a speeding car, the impact is enough to sending him flying into the air. The Shinespark turns around and comes to a halt beside the Handler.
JayM rolled 1d8+324 and got 6 ( Total: 330 )
JayM: Wait
Harriet staggers back a step, far too late for it to have helped at all if Amal wasn't there at just the right time.
JayM: Ahaha, man this is kind of cruel
JayM: But it deals 330 Physical Melee damage
[OOC] Anton: Isn't melee -20%???
JayM: Right
[OOC] Amal: Good thing we're both in the back row???
Math: (330*0.8) = 264
JayM: 264 instead
Harriet: "Amal! What- are you okay!?"
JayM: Battle order: Amal [B]:0 S-Anton A [F]:10 S-Anton B [F]:10 S-Anton C [F]:10 Harriet [B]:15 Cloaked Man [F]:31 Sniper Beam:32 Shinespark [F]:33 Serenity [B]:42 Hughbert [F]:42 Anton [B]:50 Armored Handler [F]:50 Sniper Beam 2:52
JayM: Status for Armored Handler [F]: : [========= ]
JayM: Status for Shinespark [F]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Cloaked Man [F]: : [==========]
JayM: Amal!
Amal flies up into the air and lands on the ground with a heavy thud and whimpers slightly before lurching to their feet, looking a little tiny bit like they're on strings; they throw a web of rainbow light over the cloaked man almost dismissively. "I- I'll be fine." [Chorus D25]
Amal rolled d12+99 and got 2 ( Total: 101 ) for next hit to the cloaked man does +20%
[OOC] Amal: HP: 212/550, [TMP: 20] MP: 430/550, LP: 8/9, SoS: 137
JayM: Anton's shadows!
Anton waves a hand as three bolts fire in succession at the enemies. [Attack x3]
Anton rolled 3d100 and got 48, 1, 34 ( Total: 83 )
[OOC] Anton: -1 LP
JayM: Detonate Everything
Anton rolled d12+140 and got 7 ( Total: 147.0 ) for Tracker order
d12*2+140*2: 1 [Total: 282.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
d12*1.2+140*1.2: 2 [Total: 170.4 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 599.4, Avg: 3.33
[OOC] Anton: HP: 600/600, MP: 370/550, LP: 5/7, SoS: 150
JayM: Battle order: Harriet [B]:0 Amal [B]:10 Cloaked Man [F]:16 Sniper Beam:17 Shinespark [F]:18 Serenity [B]:27 Hughbert [F]:27 Anton [B]:35 Armored Handler [F]:35 Sniper Beam 2:37
JayM: Status for Armored Handler [F]: : [======== ]
JayM: Status for Shinespark [F]: : [======= ]
JayM: Status for Cloaked Man [F]: : [======== ]
JayM: Harriet!
The Shinespark jumps back leaving behind a faint image of itself [Phase Retreat] it's now in the back row
Harriet flicks a switch, and turns a dial, and the ECC starts spinning up violently, shaking in its supports - [Atom Smasher, spending 1 LP to make it 15CT]
JayM: Amal!
Amal starts gathering curative light in both hands. [Double Cure CT20]
JayM: ;oljfg
JayM: FUCK
JayM: Anyway
JayM: Battle order: Harriet [B]:0 Cloaked Man [F]:1 Sniper Beam:2 Shinespark [B]:3 Serenity [B]:12 Hughbert [F]:12 Amal [B]:15 Anton [B]:20 Armored Handler [F]:20 Sniper Beam 2:22
JayM: Status for Armored Handler [F]: : [======== ]
JayM: Status for Shinespark [B]: : [======= ]
JayM: Status for Cloaked Man [F]: : [======== ]
JayM: HArriet!
Harriet swings her ECC around, and lightning arcs out towards the Shinespark! [Atom Smasher, 35D]
Harriet rolled 1d12+240 and got 5 ( Total: 245.0 )
[OOC] Harriet: Also, The Cloaked Man Takes 30
The gunner loads a second bullet on their gun, grey this time [Vulture Ammo]
JayM rolled 1d8+60 and got 8 ( Total: 68 )
JayM: He also heals 68
JayM: Sniper
JayM: Beeeeam!
A beam of line burst forth from the groud and slams through the giant mutant horse thing.
Serenity‘ rolled d100 and got 37 ( Total: 37 )
d12+270,1250%: 11 [Total: 3512.5]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 3549.5
[OOC] Serenity: er
JayM: That is a huge percentage, i’ll take a digit out of it
JayM: 351
[OOC] Serenity: 337 actually but
Anton follows up with a bolt of his own. [Attack Assist]
Anton rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 ) for 80
Anton rolled d12+140 and got 3 ( Total: 143.0 )
JayM: Dat's a hit
The bolt strikes right through it's front muscles- It seems to hit something it shouldn't have to and the beast falls over, shaking and convulsing for a while. After a moment it stops… And it's legs starts moving as ifi t were running but it's sideways on the ground so it goes nowhere, it doesn't makes itself upright or anything else, it just keeps moving as if running [KO]
JayM: Battle order: Serenity [B]:0 Hughbert [F]:0 Amal [B]:3 Anton [B]:8 Armored Handler [F]:8 Sniper Beam 2:10 Harriet [B]:23 Cloaked Man [F]:29
JayM: Status for Armored Handler [F]: : [======== ]
JayM: Status for Shinespark [B]: : [-KO-]
JayM: Status for Cloaked Man [F]: : [======== ] Raven Ammo(N) Vulture Ammo(N)
JayM: Serenity!
Serenity‘ frowns slightly, swings her rifle back towards the cloaked man and pulls the trigger. [Sniper Beam - 50D] [Land sin 20D]
JayM: Hughbert!
The cloaked man looks at the party, huffs
Hughbert gathers rain into a sphere above the battlefield… [CT15]
Armored Handler: "You know now that my beast’s lost it in the ground there we're probably going to lose, right?"
Cloaked Man: "It doesn't matter"
JayM: Amal!
Amal: "There's this whole part of the contract where it talks about not running away or giving up and some people get SUPER into it." Anyways - they send healing light at Harriet and absorb some of it themself. [Double Cure]
Amal rolled d10+150 and got 7 ( Total: 157 )
JayM: Healing!
[OOC] Amal: HP: 369/550, MP: 375/550, LP: 8/9, SoS: 137
[OOC] Amal: D35
JayM: Anton!
Harriet: "How do you know all that, anyway..?"
Harriet looks better, after that cure.
[OOC] Harriet: HP: 404/600, MP: 400/700, LP: 4/8, SoS: 150 - L-Ether Stacks [2] (-),Regen [40] (2)
Anton creates another 3 clones in a line. But this time he mashes his hands together and one of them fades. [Phantom Rush - 70D | 30D x2 | Destruction]
Celestine, who's by now helped the civilians out of the way and is just watching the fight from the truck, calls out "Hey anyone from Rissan knows the Warrior Clans"
Celestine: "This one here is, uhn… Actually not from us though she came with the Shinespark when they bought it off the monster farm"
Armored Handler: "Yep, one of us monster breeders accompanies every purchase for four months to ensure they're not going to go crazy with the new owners. Sadly i'm contract bound to help with this too"
JayM: Just two images this time, interesting
Hughbert: "We'll let you tend to your beast once your employer is dealt with."
The armored handler winds up their right arm and jumps Harriet. A straight punch in the gut but they leave their fist right where it hits "Trigger" there's a clicking sound, the sound of a a small ragnite battery hitting the ground- And a gigantic impact force striking against Harriet [Order Buster]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 27 ( Total: 27 )
JayM rolled 1d12+105,80 and got 4 ( Total: 87.2 )
Harriet isn't hurt too badly but she's flung far enough she gets +20D
Harriet: "Gh-!"
JayM: Battle order: Sniper Beam 2:0 Hughbert [F]:5 Sniper Beam:10 Harriet [B]:13 Cloaked Man [F]:19 Amal [B]:28 S-Anton A [F]:28 S-Anton B [F]:28 Serenity [B]:40 Armored Handler [F]:58 Anton [B]:68
JayM: Status for Armored Handler [F]: : [======== ]
JayM: Status for Shinespark [B]: : [-KO-]
JayM: Status for Cloaked Man [F]: : [======== ] Raven Ammo(N) Vulture Ammo(N)
JayM: Sniper BEEEEEAM
Another blast of light, this one much less intense and rips through the gunman.
Harriet tumbles backwards. Luckily, her squishy flesh shields her ECC from getting damaged. Unluckily, that means it lands right on top of her and she has to untangle herself from the heavy thing to get up. Give her a minute.
Serenity‘ rolled d100 and got 47 ( Total: 47 )
d12+180,120%: 4 [Total: 220.79999999999998]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 267.79999999999995
JayM: Hughbert!
Hughbert fires pressurized artillery bubbles from the water sphere, bombarding the cloaked grump from above! [Pressure Stream, 35D]
[OOC] Hughbert: I have both pulses up still, right?
[OOC] Serenity: hai
[OOC] Hughbert: harriet serenity ^
[OOC] Harriet: Yup!
[OOC] Harriet: HP: 317/600, MP: 400/700, LP: 4/8, SoS: 150 - L-Ether Stacks [2] (-),Regen [40] (2)
[OOC] Serenity: no space
Hughbert rolled 1d10+150,160 and got 4 ( Total: 246.4 )
JayM: And now a Sniper Beam!
Amal: "Hey Serenity. Do me a favour and do that asking-a-question thing again sometime."
Another beam of light tears through the cloaked man.
Serenity` rolled d100 and got 72 ( Total: 72 )
d12+216: 2 [Total: 218]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 290
Serenity: "Why?"
JayM: Battle order: Hughbert [F]:0 Sniper Beam:5 Harriet [B]:8 Cloaked Man [F]:14 Amal [B]:23 S-Anton A [F]:23 S-Anton B [F]:23 Serenity [B]:35 Armored Handler [F]:53 Anton [B]:63
JayM: Status for Armored Handler [F]: : [======== ]
JayM: Status for Shinespark [B]: : [-KO-]
JayM: Status for Cloaked Man [F]: : [=== ] Raven Ammo(N) Vulture Ammo(N)
JayM: Hughbert!
[OOC] Anton: Julian….
JayM: ??
[OOC] Anton: It’s Harriets turn???
[OOC] Serenity: hughburt and sniper beam just happened lol
JayM: Oh
JayM: Phuck
[OOC] Hughbert: oops!
JayM: Yes Harriet
ahem*
Amal: "I wanna see it again!"
Harriet rights herself finally, straightens up, and flicks a few switches on her ECC. She's relieved when it spins up again, and points it towards the Cloaked Man… [Jolt, CT5]
Serenity: "You see me talk all the time, Amal."
Serenity: "It's happening right… now…!"
Amal: "You know what I mean!"
JayM: Battle order: Cloaked Man [F]:0 Harriet [B]:4 Amal [B]:9 S-Anton A [F]:9 S-Anton B [F]:9 Serenity [B]:21 Hughbert [F]:21 Armored Handler [F]:39 Anton [B]:49
JayM: Status for Armored Handler [F]: : [======== ]
JayM: Status for Shinespark [B]: : [-KO-]
JayM: Status for Cloaked Man [F]: : [=== ] Raven Ammo(N) Vulture Ammo(N)
The cloaked man looks at the party, shakes his head, and points his shotgun forward firing a [Shotgun Blast] aimed at Harriet, Serenity and Hughbert!
JayM rolled 3d100 and got 4, 10, 88 ( Total: 102 ) for 60
[OOC] Harriet: -10% damage for Serenity
JayM rolled 1d10+132 and got 2 ( Total: 134 )
Hughbert dodges out of the way and guards Harriet! [GA]
Math: (134*0.8) = 107.2
Math: (134*0.9) = 120.6
JayM: Dealing [107] Ranged damage to Hughbert and [120] to Serenity! Inflicts Weakened(6) (deal -20% damage) and Carrion Bite(6) (take +20D when healed) to both
Serenity‘ gives Amal a strange look.
JayM: Harriet!
Serenity: "Guah."
Harriet yelps with surprise when the shotgun blast comes in, but - Hughbert is there! "Hey, thanks. And as for you…" Harriet levels her gaze at the Cloaked Man, and her rapidly-spinning ECC fires off a jolt of energy! (A stray bolt hits the Handler for 60.) [25D]
Harriet rolled 1d12+180 and got 11 ( Total: 191.0 )
[OOC] Harriet: HP: 357/600, MP: 340/700, LP: 4/8, SoS: 150 - L-Ether Stacks [3] (-),Regen [40] (1)
The cloaked man is jolted for damage! He reacts quickly by dashing ahead and [Slash]ing at one of the images!
[OOC] JayM: Slash’n'Load] rather
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 81 ( Total: 81 ) for 80
JayM: And that's a miss
Anton: "Man. No wonder no one ever attacks me. They can't even hit fake me's!"
JayM: Battle order: Amal [B]:0 S-Anton A [F]:0 S-Anton B [F]:0 Serenity [B]:12 Hughbert [F]:12 Harriet [B]:20 Armored Handler [F]:30 Anton [B]:40 Cloaked Man [F]:45
JayM: Status for Armored Handler [F]: : [======= ]
JayM: Status for Shinespark [B]: : [-KO-]
JayM: Status for Cloaked Man [F]: : [= ]
JayM: Amal!
Hughbert: "How many of your 'world lines' did you get hit by that, by the way?"
Anton: "About 4 in 5."
Anton: "It's okay though, I cheat~." He winks.
Amal charges another Double Cure, because they left everyone at way too low HP last time. [CT20]
JayM: Anton's shadows!
Anton fires two sets of bolts. The one from S-Anton A to the Armored Handler is noticeably larger. [Attack x2]
Anton rolled 2d100 and got 14, 91 ( Total: 105 )
JayM: One's a miss
[OOC] Anton: -2 LP why not
JayM: Sure
Anton rolled 1d12*3+140*3 and got 8 ( Total: 444.0 ) for Armored Handler
The bullet that strikes the Armored Handler strikes against their armor- Lines glow in it as it's [Reactive Armor] absorbs part of it
Math: (148*2.5) = 370
JayM: By bullet I mean bolt
JayM: Also that does hit the cloaked man
[OOC] Harriet: if it doesn't kill him i am attacking off of that btw
[OOC] Anton: A 91 hit the cloaked man?
JayM: Oh wait you -2 LP the-
JayM: Okay
JayM: Okay that makes sense
JayM: No it doesn't, I misread things
JayM: Anyway Serenity
[OOC] Anton: I crit the move that was already +100% making it +200%
Serenity‘ frowns a bit, then then just shoots the cloaked man. Someone can combo off it at least. [60D]
Serenity` rolled d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 )
The armored handler backpedals from the strike "That was actually pretty good, seen Leonids hit softer"
Serenity` rolled d12+84,80% and got 5 ( Total: 71.2 )
The cloaked man gets grazed in the shoulder!
JayM: Hughbert!
Harriet flicks a switch on her ECC, swings it around, and fires off a quick jolt at the Cloaked Man. [-60 MP]
Harriet rolled 1d12+180 and got 9 ( Total: 189.0 )
With one final bolt of lightning he’s struck down, with a weird noise he falls down forcibly unconscious
The armored handler looks at the downed man, looks at Serenity "And that's it"
Serenity: "Bet you weren't expecting an actual bullet that time, huh?"
Serenity‘ resist the urge to kick the downed man in the side. Trying to *not* look like villians here.
Armored Handler: "The other guys are all badly wounded from the raid, they got some… Really spirited people watching over them but I don’tdoubt when they see their boss like this they're just going to scatter, so"
Serenity: "Hopefully."
Hughbert: "That's all, then?"
They head over to the fallen horse, kneels beside and removes the bolt "C'mon now, lemme drag your dainty ass over somewhere cleaner" with the soundof whirring from their armor they heft the Shinespark on their arms "Sorry for the mess" and starts taking it over somewhere to take care of it
Anton: "Well. That was easier than the last one at least!"
Harriet: "Yeah, see you later, I guess." Harriet looks around. "So… do we need to kick anyone else's arses? I kinda came in late."
Serenity: "No I think that was it."
Celestine is still sitting on the truck "You know, this mess actually left me with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth…" she looks around "It's all fun and games when you're trying to be a hero but it's really bad when you wind up in this kind of mess"
Hughbert performs a Tactical Shrug, a maneuver specific to his force gear's damage control attachment. 53 damage discarded!
Harriet shrugs. It's a totally normal kind of shrug, as opposed to Hughbert. "I mean, desperate people get kinda dumb. But we are here to help fix shit."
About this time the Elder's voice calls "That should be it" he's walking in from the town hall, you notice he has a rather long cane to help with his badly working right leg "I hope those people didn't give you an excess of trouble"
Hughbert: "If you truly regret it, I would be glad to have your assistance, ma'am."
Serenity‘ scrunches up her face and gives Celestine a disapproving look.
Elder: "I hope you’re still willing to lend whatever help youwere originally going to?"
Amal grins at Celestine. "Leave being a hero to the people with hero licenses. Just try to do the best you can and keep people from getting hurt, okay?"
Serenity: "You thought people were gunna pay you money to be some kind of hero for hire…?"
Celestine looks at Serenity‘ "Well, yeah. If you pick your jobs right you can be"
Celestine: "That’s the hard part, though"
Serenity: "Good luck with that I guess."
Celestine looks at Hughbert "Can help I guess, if you're doing soething for those people" she looks at Amal "Hah, she kind of told me the same thing…" she shrugs "Sometimes you wanna do something more, though"
Amal: "Anyways… watch your back, pass it on. There's some shady dealings going on in the world right now and people are using Rissani companies to do the heavy lifting. I know some'll do anything if the coin's right, but… just watch out, okay?"
Serenity: "Anyway."
Amal: "What looks like the right thing to do could be playing right into somebody's hand. We've gotta be better than that, y'know?"
She nods "I'll try to keep attentive, then"
Serenity: "Yeah we're still here to decontaminate your water, sir. Just… wanted to get the inevitable fight with dumb kids out of the way first so our tools didn't get broke."
Hughbert salutes the elder and begins with an introduction. "Lieutenant Hughbert Marcel, Maharasian Intelligence and Research. Not to worry, we plan to help now that we have raised our operations' success chances."
Harriet: "Yeah, don't worry! I'm still perfectly healthy, so I can help just fine!"
The Elder nods at the party "Ah, Masharas helping out too? That's good… Hrm… I see where you're starting, then"
Elder: "We have little to offer but if you need to make a short stop before going ahead feel free to do so. As you see, food and water is scarce but" he looks at the downed cloaked man "At the very least he found some source of resources" he points to the truck "Even if I don't trust it, we have a little"
Serenity: "Naw I… think we're good?"
He nods "Very well, then, good luck and… Thank you"
Amal: "We'll see if we can't get some kind of supply caravan out this way once we head back. Can't promise anything, but you guys are in pretty rough shape. Hang in there, okay?"
The man nods "Don't worry, we've settled where the omen butterflies gather, no matter what happens here I know this land is blessed"
Elder: "Even if it doesn't looks like it"
Hughbert: "Your patience will be rewarded. I promise you that."
Harriet: "Yeah, just keep hanging on!"
He turns around, and starts heading back to the town hall
Amal pauses, then turns to Harriet. "So… what's up with the butterflies, anyways? I know they're special, but…"
Serenity‘ stiffles a yawn, before shoulderign her rifle and heading back out of town.
Harriet: "Omen Butterflies gather in places that are blessed by the Goddess and stuff. According to my mother, they gather where the land’s blessed…?"
Amal: "Ooh."
Harriet: "It's one of those things I never really questioned much. I just sorta took it as butterflies meant good luck."
On the way out… There is little of interest. Heading back to the car is a simple measure too but there there is something definitely unusual. Apparently the butterflies you disturbed when you first failed to brake before hitting a tree decided to come back, and a large amount of them seem to have decided the car was a perfectly good place to sit on, specifically the back seat
Harriet snaps her fingers. "Well, there you go! I guess that's a sign!"
Harriet: "This car… she's the Butterfly now."
At the noise the butterflies scatter off again
Amal: "I love it!"
Serenity: "Okay you made it so whatever but."
Amal waves goodbye to the butterflies~.
Serenity: "If anyone asks, I am never telling them the name of our shitty care is " Butterfly "."
Serenity‘ climbs back into the driver’s seat.
Harriet: "She is not a shitty car, she just needs more parts! You'll see, she's gonna be amazing."
Anton: "Parts that hopefully do not involve us being stopped at the border crossing next time." He smiles.
Serenity: "Lets be honest here it's a hunk of junk. You can definitely turn it into something good though."
Serenity: "But that doesn't change the here and now."
Harriet pats the seat as she slips in. "Don't listen to Serenity, baby, you're great."
Serenity: "Gross you're making it purr."
Harriet: "Awwww!"
As you take your seats those in the back seat notice it's full of some glittery dust. That said the brake's been patched easily and you can quickly make your way to the main road
Hughbert jogs briskly a bit after the rest of the party meets at the car, and quickly slides into his seat. "Apologies, I took an extra moment to employ our " hero " of the day. You may consider Celestine under my [Command] for the immediate future."
Harriet: "Wow, Hughbert, you're real good at working with people."
Amal gives Hughbert a thumbs-up.
Amal: "Thanks! It might sound silly but I'm glad you're looking out for her."
Anton reaches into his bag before pulling out some snacks. "It's okay if we eat in your car, right Harriet? I'm starving!"
Serenity: "Anton pull me out some - yeah that exactly."
Harriet: "Oh, sure, just don't spill it on the seats okay?"
JayM: Sounds like the trip to meet back up wit hthe caravan is ready
Anton nods before tossing everyone a bag of chips. [Travel Supplies - +250 HP/MP]
JayM: It's about time
JayM: Let's get rolling, shall we?
[OOC] JayM: +9 XP
Julian: Hrm… I felt a little uninspired this session but
Julian: I think it worked out
Hughbert: "Ideals do not fill bellies, which I expect she'll come to understand upon reflection of her experiences. She is reluctant to accept compensation, but… Government money exists to be spent. I believe she deserves a share."
Hughbert: "Silvester, report in. Found anything while we kept the front line busy?"
He seems to have taken a seat in the back, not in the seat but on the car itself "You probably figured out the truck was Orsis"
Hughbert: "Correct."
Silvester: "That said, it contained some food, medicine, water all in quite sealed packaged"
Hughbert: "Any idea where they were bound to?"
Silvester: "Gotta admit my past helped me out a bit, I sampled some of the water and… It's definitely that peculiar kind of water from Orsis from their tainted water sources, It's not unhealthy mind but it's still water dirty with ragnite."
Silvester: "I am going to say it wasn't a raid loot, but deliberately given to them, car was undamaged"
[OOC] Amal: HP: 550/550, MP: 550/550, LP: 8/9, SoS: 137
Hughbert: "Their chances are probably better with that water than the streams in their current state. I think it should cure more harm than it causes." He passes back some chips from Anton's stash. "At ease. You've earned a break too." [Command - enjoy that delicious LP anton]
He picks some up "Thanks. Honestly I could use something to take this taste of dirt off my mouth"
Serenity: "Yeah dirt's not really a great taste. Anyway this trip is boring so -"
Serenity‘ leans her head back over the seat, looking Amal in the eye. "What are you?" before sitting back up straight to actually look at the road.
[OOC] Serenity: oh oops forgot the color number , that line actually looks like this:
Serenity` leans her head back over the seat, looking Amal in the eye. "What are you?" before sitting back up straight to actually look at the road.
Serenity: "Haha yeah I remember that."
Serenity: "Actually I guess that’s phrased a bit different this time, but yeah."
Amal grins! "Man, now I'm all curious. Anyways, thanks!"
Harriet: "Uh…" Harriet looks from Amal to Serenity and back, and frowns. "You two are weird."
Serenity: "Uh the jist of it is something like 'blood which is dead', which I think I mentioned before."
Amal: "That's pretty metal."
Harriet: "That's… a metaphor, right? Like, blood isn't a person, blood's just a part of a person, and dead blood isn't even alive."
Serenity‘ shrugs. "Well I think we’ve pretty clearly established he's not human at this point, so who knows."
Harriet: "So weird."
Harriet glances over at Amal. "Well, whatever you are, you're a friend, I guess?"
Serenity: "Shit."
Serenity: "That was what I should have actually asked."
Serenity: "…Although given that he doesn't have a device he use I duno how she'd known anyway… ah well."
Amal looks… about as honest as it's possible for them to look under the circumstances: "I am, yeah. I… I really want us all to succeed, here."
Amal: "And I'm sure we can if we work together!"
Serenity: "Displaced? Well, yeah that makes sense, we DID see that weird ass demon skeleton hand rip out of thin air and pull him out of - ah man I should of asked what *that* was, but I don't thhink he knew either so it wouldn't of…"
Amal: "Woah that's what that looked like?"
Amal: "That's, uh. Haha. Kinda creepy. No wonder you were spooked."
Serenity: "Honestly I don't remember exactly what it looked like but it - definitely gave off that sort of feeling."
Serenity: "I think there was a lot more weird glowing and flowing energy than a skeleton would suggest?"
Amal nods. "That sounds like… how I saw it, too, so that makes sense." They stretch out a little, munching on a sandwich from their travel supplies. "Anyways I… still don't know where it's getting 'dead blood' from exactly but as soon as I have a clue…"
Serenity: "Honestly if I hadn't spent my entire life in a school of some sort I'd be really inclined to say you were a vampire straight out of hell, all things considered, but." A light shrug.
Amal: "Hahah! I still like 'demon' better, it sounds cooler. Not like I can absorb life force or anything /useful/ like that, so I mean…"
Serenity: "Same."
Amal thumbs-ups Serenity.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License