Gmm7

JayM: You agreed to help a convoy going to do something about the poisoned water that's been a problem in Terchuan, the big issues were how to make the process better (which Harriet handled) and to deal with the local people who honestly are just trying to survive and have started raiding the caravans with the stuff to try to purify water for resources to rebuild their homes more or less
Serenity: Fue: don't lie but dance around topic you don't wanna answer, actually be a good person, be kind of a goofball and melodramatically, but while winking at the camera
JayM: And after you met the leader of the caravan (a guy who introduced himself as Flake and driving a weaponized harvesting vehicle) you set off and after it started raining you just had time to hear him curse before being attacked
JayM: You haven't seen by whom quite yet
JayM: And everyone's here let's do this!
Serenity: still setting up rly but
[OOC] Harriet: HP: 600/600, MP: 700/700, LP: 8/8, SoS: 150
[OOC] Hughbert: HP: 650/650, Stored: 0, T.HP: 80 MP: 650/650, LP: 5/6, SoS: 162
[OOC] Hughbert: uhhh right, I have a stealther in the party who hasn't done anything yet
JayM: You do he's been staying out of sight in case you need him
[OOC] Hughbert: also we have Adaptable stuff
You have been in the road for a while, and the rain started a while ago. As Serenity tries to prevent Anton from crashing the car after he somehow managed to get her to let him drive her exasperated shouting at him gets overwhelmed by the leader of the caravan, Flake "ATTENTION CARAVAN. HALT ORDER. I REPEAT, HALT ORDER" and the echo of his voice carries the simple expletive that explains the entire situation "Shit!"
[OOC] Anton: Tactical Advantage on my init.
[OOC] Hughbert: we got a new ability, didn't we
[OOC] JayM: Yep
[OOC] Anton: Yeah.
[OOC] Hughbert: on account of being 2 under and then received >2, I remember now
From the sides of the road people emergy- Not just people but a large truck straight up flies into the road and lands in front of the caravan blocking the way- A maneuver so badly executed and terribly unwise the truck flips aside but it's done it's job, stopping the caravan
In a quick and well practiced maneuver the vehicles you're with stop in a semicircle formation with Flake's tank/harvester at the front- You wind up having some of your view of the action blocked as you hear gunshots and yelling-
Anton whistles. "This is pretty exciting for my first time driving!"
Harriet: "So this is a raid, huh?"
Serenity: "Huhh."
And then you see something you didn't think you'd ever see- The thing looks like a horse except… It's skin is entirely translucent and it glows, it seems to have come from the crashed truck and is swerving around the vehicles around you- You don't have time to see where it's going because it suddenly accelerates, quickly and to an incredible speed- The beast apparently was heading towards your car as it crashes straight against your vehicle, causing it to go flying-
Hughbert: "Remind me to compliment the leader after this. This is a wonderful defensive formation."
Harriet: "NOT MY BABY!" Harriet yells in despair as the car goes flying.
For a moment the world is nothing but spinning and chaos- You hit the ground hard- You hear the noise of the car hitting the ground, you're not too worse for the wear, somehow. "Hah, jackpot!" sounds a voice behind you
Serenity: "What."
Harriet gets jerked around a lot, her ECC ends up jabbing hard into her side and it's really uncomfortable but somehow she's okay. "Ugh… what?"
Serenity‘ looks somewhere half between confused and annoyed, doesn’t seem to have much room for panic as her head tilts in the direction of the voice.
Serenity: "I duno but I think someone just asked to get shot."
Anton cracks his neck. "Man. Guess it's a good thing we have seatbelts, huh?"
An older man, looking past his sixties and wearing old and muddied survival gear has a shotgun pointed in your direction, beside him what looks like a dog… If it was extremely sick, it's skin has no fur and breaks in many parts seeping a sickly ooze, it growls loudly. Beside him is the one who shouted, a spry one wielding two knives, sounding happy and cheerful and something about her feels like it doesn't quite belongs here "You're the special people, right?" she asks
Hughbert stares at Anton and holds his hands up, fluff from the seat beneath him in his hands- it appears gripping onto it for dear life caused the covering and cusion to tear a bit. "…We?"
You hear a shout in the distance "SOMEONE GOT INSIDE" "WATCH YOUR BACKS"
The older man sighs, and fires-
JayM: Battle order: Anton [B]:0 Amal [B]:6 Serenity [B]:8 Old Gunner [F]:9 Harriet [B]:10 Hughbert [F]:10 Pustulous Dog [F]:12 Cheerful Mercenary [B]:13
JayM: Status for Cheerful Mercenary [B]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Pustulous Dog [F]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Old Gunner [F]: : [==========]
JayM: But Anton is certainly faster
Harriet: "Okay, look, I don't know who you are, but you just hurt my baby and- h-hey!"
Anton: "Aww. Don't worry, Hugh. If the suit wouldn't save you I'm sure Amal will!" He gives a reassuring smile and not much else. [Dopplegang - 60D]
Serenity: "Define special."
Serenity‘ starts crawling out of the jeep.
The cheerful mercenary grins, she points her knives, of which she has two, towards you "I am the warrior that brings solace to the battlefield! I follow the path of adventure and righteousness, I am Celestine, the Viper Fortuna!" she poses as she says that
Hughbert shakes his head to regain his bearings, discarding the seat-fluff and grabbing his book. With no seatbelt to stop him, he hops straight into his combat stance.
Serenity: "No one asked."
JayM: Amal
Celestine: "Hey she said she didn’t know who I am"
Celestine: "Also I'm not very sure, I knew someone special was in this caravan. I figure it's you since you don't look like you're from here"
Harriet undoes her seatbelt, makes sure all her gear is still strapped on, and clambers out of the car.
Celestine: "Are you perhaps agents sent by dark forces to stop those people from rebuilding their lives?!"
Serenity: "Like I said. Define special."
Harriet: "Look, you almost killed the girl who's going to save all your goddamn lives so maybe think for a second before mauling the genius?"
Celestine: "I thought a lot about this whole operation! It's why they hired me after all"
Harriet pulls her goggles down once she's clear of the wreck, grumbling. "There was no fucking need to total that poor car, it didn't do anything to you."
Anton: "To be frank I'm insulted. Strife brings nothing to be borne… it only extends the barren wilderness within our hearts. A man of the cloth could do no such thing!"
Celestine: "Those beasts call these lands their home too! It's not up to me to decide what they consider a threat!"
Harriet: "What was that thing, anyway? It was pretty badass."
Celestine: "It's called a Shinespark! They're kind of fragile but really fast horses! They go so fast they leave, like, an energy trail behind them it's immensely cool"
Harriet: "Huh. I wonder what happens when you armor them up."
Old Gunner: "Aren't you a little chatty girl"
Amal starts charging a Chorus! There's probably some creepy SFX about it! [CT 10]
JayM: And Serenity
Serenity‘ pulls herself up into a seated position and pulls the trigger on her gun before aiming, but nothing really happens. [Inertia Canceller - 50D] [Lands in 60D]
JayM: Battle order: Old Gunner [F]:0 Harriet [B]:1 Hughbert [F]:1 Pustulous Dog [F]:3 Celestine [B]:4 Amal [B]:7 Serenity [B]:49 Anton [B]:51 Inertia Canceller:59
JayM: Status for Celestine [B]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Pustulous Dog [F]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Old Gunner [F]: : [==========]
The Old Gunner sighs, he pulls out a black cartridge and loads it into his shotgun [Raven Ammo]
JayM rolled 1d8+60 and got 1 ( Total: 61 )
JayM: Healing 61
JayM: Harriet!
Serenity: "Anyway,"
Serenity: "You keep talking but still haven’t defined special."
Celestine: "I don't know either. I just know you're not part of the usual caravan"
Harriet spins up her Electricity Conduction Cannon, flicking a few switches and turning a knob up to 11 as she aims it at the girl she's been talking with. "No hard feelings, but you totalled my car!" [Jolt, spending 1 LP to go from 5 to 0CT, 25D]
Celestine: "I'm curious, who are you?"
JayM: Whoa now, don't mess with Harriet's babies
Harriet rolled 1d12+180*1.2 and got 7 ( Total: 223.0 )
Anton: "Y'know, that's something you should have asked before you attacked us."
Serenity: "A good will ambassador hired to stop everyone in this country from dying of poison…?"
Serenity: "Which, hey, someone's been poisoning your water supply."
Harriet: "I'm Harriet Babbage, the genius who's going to fix all your problems, you're welcome."
JayM: Wow, okay, Hughbert
Celestine points her knives forward- The eletricity is attracted to them- It courses through them, through the outside of her arms and into the ground. Her clothing's smoking a little "Wrong problems, honestly!"
Hughbert: "Should you not believe us, we'd be willing to convince you of our convictions. If you truly mean to do good, we would be willing to cooperate- provided you show the right demeanor."
Old Gunner: "We got more problems than the water. There's people sleeping in the streets, there's people with no food, we still wells we can use"
Old Gunner: "Your priorities are all wrong, and i'm sorry, but we need those construction materials"
Serenity: "Don't…"
Serenity: "Don't think you guys understand how human bodies work."
Hughbert traces a pattern with a hand in the air, gesturing around Anton and Serenity. Instead of falling onto the ground in chaos, the droplets speed and slow their descent around the two, falling in unison, pattering in a consistent rhythm. [Split Solid Pulse 50D]
Serenity: "Did you know you're made up of like roughly seventy percent water, and without intaking any for a few days you fucking died, you goddess forsaken idiots?"
JayM: That's good spell, Hugh
Serenity: "Literally the most important thing in the world."
[OOC] Anton: HP: 600/600, MP: 550/550, LP: 7/7, SoS: 150 - Regen[40] (3)
Harriet: "Okay, listen close now, because I'm a little bit pissed and I'm no good at chopping this shit down for idiots when I'm pissed: there's metal in the ground. The metal's making the water bad. And it's going to infect your wells too."
Harriet: "Now because I'm amazing I've figured out how to make machines to send out to villages to get the metal out."
Harriet: "You're fucking welcome, by the way,"
Harriet: "But if I can't make them, it's not going to work, is it?"
Celestine opens the bottom of the handle of one of her knives, pouring a glowing green liquid in it. She screws it closed and tosses it in the air "Look, you can totally do that, but there's probably other things that need to be done first" [Aerial Knife]
Anton: "Some people just can't appreciate good talent, Harriet. Believe me, I know~." He gives her a thumbs up.
Harriet: "Okay name, like, one thing which has to be done first!"
Harriet thumbs up at Anton despite being grumpy. >:( b
JayM: Battle order: Pustulous Dog [F]:0 Amal [B]:4 Harriet [B]:23 Old Gunner [F]:37 Celestine [B]:38 Serenity [B]:46 Anton [B]:48 Hughbert [F]:48 Inertia Canceller:56 Aerial Knife:68
JayM: Status for Celestine [B]: : [========= ]
JayM: Status for Pustulous Dog [F]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Old Gunner [F]: : [==========] Raven Ammo(U)
The dog growls, and runs towards someone, Anton? And bites him [Crushing Bute]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 63 ( Total: 63 )
Anton: "You're right. We do need to do something first. We need to make a citizens arrest on charges of assault and battery. You ruined our car!"
JayM rolled 1d10+132 and got 8 ( Total: 140 )
Anton: "Someone hop in front of that by the way a dog is going to bite me."
Anton: "In three seconds."
Math: (140*0.8) = 112
JayM: Dealing 112 physical melee damage
Harriet sighs and steps in. "Fine, but only because you defended my car." [GA!]
Anton nods as a second Anton manifests. [30D]
Old Gunner: "Right now? How about a goddess-forsaken shelter so we can stop having people pile on the streets in the rain? Your damn grand project can wait a day more!"
JayM: Amal again!
Harriet: "Ow ow ow," Harriet grumbles as the dog bites her. She shoves it off and grabs her cannon again. "You want a shelter? Fine! I'll design you a fucking shelter!"
[OOC] Harriet: I Charged You A Chorus Taru
Amal fires off a Chorus aaat… let's say the old man, because fuck that dog. [Chorus -> Old Gunner, 25D]
JayM: That's a magical hit
[OOC] Amal: HP: 550/550, [TMP: 20] MP: 550/550, LP: 9/9, SoS: 137
JayM rolled 1d12+99 and got 8 ( Total: 107 )
JayM: Battle order: Harriet [B]:0 Amal [B]:6 S-Anton A [F]:7 Old Gunner [F]:14 Celestine [B]:15 Serenity [B]:23 Anton [B]:25 Hughbert [F]:25 Pustulous Dog [F]:27 Inertia Canceller:33 Aerial Knife:45
JayM: Status for Celestine [B]: : [========= ]
JayM: Status for Pustulous Dog [F]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Old Gunner [F]: : [========= ] Raven Ammo(U) Chorus [+20%](4)
JayM: Harriet!
Harriet starts spinning up her ECC again, flicking a few more switches. The electricity crackles as it builds. [Atom Smasher, CT20]
JayM: Amal again!
Serenity: "Innnncorrect."
Serenity: "Clean water is, indeed, higher on the priority list of things a person needs to live than shelter is!"
Serenity: "Are your school systems really that fucking bad out here?"
Old Gunner: "You know nothing about our current situation"
Old Gunner: "And you thing whatever it is you think you're doing is going to help"
Anton: "Be nice Serenity, some people don't even have sunday school!"
Serenity: "I know you're a thrice damned idiot and really that's all I need at the moment."
Old Gunner: "I say you can all go to hell!"
Serenity: "I'm pretty sure I'm not going to hell."
Serenity: "The Goddess loves me way too much."
Anton: "Sorry to disappoint you, but if I was going to hell I think I would have figured that out by now!"
Celestine puts a hand on her chin, looks at Serenity and the Old Gunner "My, what is this, so this is not a fight of light against darkness after all. No, what we witness right now are the righteous fighting eachother as they have different, yet both good, goals!"
Celestine: "Ah what a wonderful story"
Harriet: "Why would I go to hell? I haven't done anything wrong."
Harriet: "Oh, Goddess, I know what you are," horror dawns on Harriet's begoggled face. "You're a lit major."
Serenity‘ glances between genki girl and the old man.
Serenity: "…What is her deal?"
Harriet: "Just… just don’t make eye contact. Just ignore her until she goes away."
Old Gunner: "A hired healer"
Anton sighs dramatically before glancing off into the distance. "Oh how far we've fallen to be treated as their equal."
Celestine: "Me? I'm but a wandering warrior of the Lost Vipers!"
Serenity: "I… see."
Amal charges another Chorus, let's say. [CT 10]
JayM: Anton your first shadow!
Anton fires off a bolt at Celestine!
Anton rolled 1d100 and got 88 ( Total: 88 ) for 80
[OOC] Anton: -1 LP
Anton rolled d12+140 and got 9 ( Total: 149.0 )
Amal is, by the way, giving Celestine and the old guy the most :| face possible throughout pretty much all of this.
The bolt strikes square against her shoulder- Bouncing off her clothes with a glinting light. A defensive field
The Old Gunner dashes at Harriet "Enough of this" he draws out a sword and slashes at her, quickly jumping back to his previous position [Slash'n'Load
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 72 ( Total: 72 ) for 80
Amal did sort of squint at Celestine at one point and chuckle a little, though. "You're far from home, aren't you?"
JayM rolled 1d10+132 and got 1 ( Total: 133 ) for Physical, Melee
Math: (133*0.8) = 106.4
Harriet: "Shield, set up!" Harriet brings up her force shield to defect 40% of that hit!
Math: (133*0.4) = 53.2
Anton chews at his lip. "She seems pretty evasive. As much as we would like to conclude our business with the lit major first I think the old man takes priority."
JayM: Actually deals just [53] since I also forgot rows
Hughbert: "I would be glad to hear out any grievances you have with our plan, were you to give it proper respect. As the saying goes, you reap what you sow."
JayM: He gains EX Ammo(5) as he loads a second bullet in his shotgun
Anton: "Attacking someone without even attempting to reason with them… you don't need to be an oracle to figure out how this will play out~."
Celestine grins at Amal "Pretty far!" she walks over to the Old Gunner and puts a device on his arm, his entire arm and weapon is covered with a shimmering shield [Plasma Coat]
JayM: Battle order: Amal [B]:0 Harriet [B]:4 Serenity [B]:7 Anton [B]:9 Hughbert [F]:9 Pustulous Dog [F]:11 Inertia Canceller:17 Aerial Knife:29 Old Gunner [F]:48 Celestine [B]:49
JayM: Status for Celestine [B]: : [======== ]
JayM: Status for Pustulous Dog [F]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Old Gunner [F]: : [========= ] Raven Ammo(U) Chorus [+20%](3) EX Ammo(4) Plasma Blade[80](4)
JayM: Amal!
Amal: "I mean, for what it's worth, your concerns have been noted and we'll do what we can~! You've really got to start looking at the bigger picture, though." Tsk tsk. They draw a rainbow web of light out of their staff and layer it on top of the shimmering web still clinging to the Gunner. [Chorus D25]
Amal rolled d12+110 and got 5 ( Total: 115 ) for Chorus stack increases to +40%
JayM: Also: Raven Ammo: inflicts Weakened(6) [-20% damage dealt] with next move. EX Ammo: +30% ramged damage dealt. Plasma Blade[X]: Deals X magical damage when you inflict physical
JayM: Harriet!
Celestine: "… Hey! You're the boss's friend aren't you?"
Amal smiles mysteriously.
Serenity: "Amal has friends?"
Amal: "You're my friend, Serenity~!" Big bright cheerful smile.
Celestine looks at the old gunner "He's a Fortuna too, if that helps"
Harriet looks over at Anton. "The old man, huh? Well, okay, I guess." She flicks a switch, swinging over her crackling ECC, and sends out a terrible arc of energy! [Atom Smasher, 35D]
Serenity: "Not even close baby."
Harriet rolled 1d12+240*1.4 and got 2 ( Total: 338.0 ) for also, Celestine takes 30 damage from a stray zappybolt
Harriet glances over at Amal and Serenity. "We're not friends? I thought we were friends. Weird. Well, whatever."
JayM: The chorus is eaten! Damage is immense
JayM: Battle order: Serenity [B]:0 Anton [B]:2 Hughbert [F]:2 Pustulous Dog [F]:4 Inertia Canceller:10 Amal [B]:18 Aerial Knife:22 Harriet [B]:32 Old Gunner [F]:41 Celestine [B]:42
JayM: Status for Celestine [B]: : [======== ]
JayM: Status for Pustulous Dog [F]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Old Gunner [F]: : [====== ] Raven Ammo(U) EX Ammo(4) Plasma Blade[80](4)
JayM: Serenity!
Serenity: "Well I mean me and Sir Creeps a lot aren't."
Serenity: "We can be if you want…?"
Serenity‘ shrugs and fires off a [50D - Sniper Beam] [Lands in 40D] by pulling the trigger to seemingly no effect once more.
Harriet: "Oh, sure. It’s kinda weird having a bunch of friends now, but it's pretty cool."
Amal: "Aw c'mon, you bottled up my blood and we're not even friends!?"
Anton: "I think that qualifies more as a stalker, Amal…"
JayM: Serenity you will burst a motherfucker soon
Serenity: "Friends don't let friends bend the lays of reality to serve their sinister machinations, and I totally let you."
JayM: Anton!
Harriet: "I fixed your shit and you didn't touch anything in my workshop, so I'm pretty sure we're friends, Amal."
Celestine: "I heard he was creepier than the boss, is that right?"
Harriet: "That's how friends work, right?"
Celestine: "How creepy are they?"
Anton glances at his party. "Don't worry though, Amal. There's more than enough of me to go around~." He snaps his fingers as three antons appear in the front row. [30D each | 70D]
JayM: Battle order: Hughbert [F]:0 Pustulous Dog [F]:2 Inertia Canceller:8 Amal [B]:16 Aerial Knife:20 Harriet [B]:30 S-Anton A [F]:30 S-Anton B [F]:30 S-Anton C [F]:30 Sniper Beam:38 Old Gunner [F]:39 Celestine [B]:40 Serenity [B]:48 Anton [B]:70
JayM: Status for Celestine [B]: : [======== ]
JayM: Status for Pustulous Dog [F]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Old Gunner [F]: : [====== ] Raven Ammo(U) EX Ammo(4) Plasma Blade[80](4)
JayM: Hughbert!
Hughbert flips open to a certain page of Tactical Front-Line Arts and prepares an attack. Mister Grump enjoys a brief respite from the rain as a shadow starts to loom above him… "I think you should give Amal a chance." [CT15]
JayM: Harriet, at this point you realize there is a faint smell of apricots coming from the light wound you got…
Amal: "Stalker, friend…" They sort of wibble their hand around a little. "I'll grant you that, though~!"
Amal giggles at Anton.
JayM: You are Prey(U)
[OOC] Amal: does anyone need healplz
Harriet sniffs. Sniff sniff. "Hey, uh, Anton, have you been carrying around apricots?"
[OOC] Harriet: HP: 435/600, MP: 640/700, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150
[OOC] Anton: HP: 600/600, MP: 490/550, LP: 6/7, SoS: 150 - Regen[40] (2)
The dog starts going mental, barking and salivating and bleeding
Anton: "I left my bag in the car, actually!"
Anton: "Did you want me to go get some for you?"
Amal: "It was something on the weapon, I think! Watch out!"
Harriet: "Did I land on them or something? I swear I smell like apricots. - Wait, what?"
At HArriet's surprise the Pustulous Dog jumps at her, biting her with extremely sharp teeth [Diamonic Bite]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 64 ( Total: 64 )
Harriet: "Gyaaah!"
JayM rolled 1d10+132,80 and got 1 ( Total: 106.4 )
JayM: Dealing 106 Physical Melee damage and Broken(1), take +30% damage and you can't be missed
Harriet: "Ow ow ow ow fuck!"
The dog is slobbering profusely [Cursed Saliva]
JayM: Inertia Canceller, fire!
[OOC] Harriet: HP: 329/600, MP: 640/700, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150 - Prey (U),Broken (1)
Amal: "Owww. Hang in there!"
A blast of grey light errupts from under the old man!
Harriet: "Pain… definitely terrible… why the fuck did I ever agree to do field testing…" Mutter mutter grumble.
Serenity‘ rolled d12+180 and got 1 ( Total: 181 ) for +15D
Serenity: "To help a stupid friend, same as me."
JayM: Hughbert!
Harriet: "Ugh, yeah, you’re right."
Harriet: "I'm gonna throttle him as soon as I'm sure he's safe."
Serenity: "Same."
The old gunner takes a step back as he's struck "I'm not going to go down this easy"
Hughbert points upwards to the giant sphere of frothing, compressed rainwater hovering in the sky above Grump. He flings his hand downwards, and you'd be forgiven for thinking you heard a series of cannons firing- the sphere begins shelling downwards with pressurized artillery! [Pressure Stream, 35D]
Dicebot:// Multiple Dice Error: Unable to parse 150+ in 150+d10,160
Hughbert rolled d10+150,160 and got 5 ( Total: 248.0 )
Serenity: "Huh that feels a bit more potent than normal."
JayM: //And he takes a lot more damage!

Anton readies his crossbow before closing his eyes taking a deep breath. As the [Aerial Knife] falls down at top speed he fires off his bolt and it collides with the knife sending it off course. [Broken Promise - Destroy an enemy time card as a free action]
The old gunner shields himself with his cloak "Really"
The knife goes flying off "Heeeey! Don't do that!" Celestine pouts
JayM: Amal!
Amal concentrates, and a halo of light blossoms behind their head, drawing in and breathing out tiny motes of light. [CT 15]
JayM: Harriet!
Hughbert: "As long as we remain calm, like when I maintain a regeneration art on one of us, I can use that calmness to amplify my output. It's quite thrilling when it all works out."
[OOC] Harriet: inits??
Serenity: "Neat."
JayM: Battle order: Harriet [B]:0 S-Anton A [F]:0 S-Anton B [F]:0 S-Anton C [F]:0 Amal [B]:1 Sniper Beam:8 Celestine [B]:10 Serenity [B]:18 Hughbert [F]:20 Pustulous Dog [F]:22 Old Gunner [F]:24 Anton [B]:40
JayM: Status for Celestine [B]: : [======== ]
JayM: Status for Pustulous Dog [F]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Old Gunner [F]: : [=== ] Raven Ammo(U) EX Ammo(4) Plasma Blade[80](4)
Harriet flicks a few switches and starts charging up another [Atom Smasher, 20CT].
Anton raises a hand before smiling. "On my go, everyone. Let the assault begin in earnest!" A barrage of three bolts fire into the three enemies. Follow up the strikes! [Attack x3]
Anton rolled 3d100 and got 34, 52, 81 ( Total: 167 )
[OOC] Anton: -1 LP
JayM: Three hits!
Anton rolled d12+140 and got 4 ( Total: 144.0 ) for x3
JayM: Amal then Sniper Beam!
Hughbert fires pressurized rain darts! [Attack Assist #1]
Amal points dramatically at the Dog, and the halo of light condenses into a crown of light- sharp, spiky fragments of crystal, whirling around their head, before turning into pearlescent light, forming a channel of indomitable will between themself and the dog! [Corona D35] - Corona (6)! Any time the target deals damage to not-Amal, that damage is reduced by [40]!
JayM: Or assists, too
Amal does an attack assist before then, though, yes. [S.A.]
Hughbert rolled 1d12+180 and got 11 ( Total: 191 ) for -60mp for me
Harriet turns a knob on a whim to fire off the initial charged energy, before going back to charging up. [SA - Quick Blast, -60MP]
Amal rolled 1d100 and got 75 ( Total: 75 ) for 80
Harriet rolled 1d12+180 and got 10 ( Total: 190.0 )
Amal rolled d10+72 and got 4 ( Total: 76 )
JayM: Who are each of you assisting
JayM: Or I guess it only matters on who Amal is assisting
[OOC] Hughbert: oh uh
JayM: Since the other two dealt the same damage
[OOC] Anton: Amal can hit the dog the others did the same damage
[OOC] Amal: I'll hit the dog, sure
[OOC] Hughbert: yeah what the genki said
JayM: Battle order: Sniper Beam:0 Celestine [B]:2 Serenity [B]:10 Harriet [B]:12 Hughbert [F]:12 Pustulous Dog [F]:14 Old Gunner [F]:16 Amal [B]:28 Anton [B]:32
JayM: Status for Celestine [B]: : [====== ]
JayM: Status for Pustulous Dog [F]: : [======== ] Corona[40](6)
JayM: Status for Old Gunner [F]: : [ ] Raven Ammo(U) EX Ammo(4) Plasma Blade[80](4)
JayM: Sniper Beam, fire!
A mote of light comes to rest below Celestine's feet and burst open with a blast of light.
Serenity‘ rolled d12+360 and got 11 ( Total: 371 )
Anton follows up the strike with a bolt of his own. [Attack Assist]
Anton rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 ) for 80
Anton rolled d12+140 and got 8 ( Total: 148.0 )
Celestine looks at the incoming onslaught of attacks, she dodges left and right and then gets a beam from below and a bolt to the shoulder "Okay, you guys are pretty good at this"
Serenity: "True story I think only two of us are actually combat trained."
Celestine pulls out another device "Here old man hold onto this" and slaps it on the Old Gunner’s back [Discourcharge]
JayM: He gains Discourcharge(U), deals damage to the party if it dies next
Anton scratches at his head. "Well, I mean. You deal with enough stray cats and sewer monsters that eventually you get good at it!"
JayM: Battle order: Serenity [B]:0 Harriet [B]:2 Hughbert [F]:2 Pustulous Dog [F]:4 Old Gunner [F]:6 Amal [B]:18 Anton [B]:22 Celestine [B]:42
JayM: Status for Celestine [B]: : [=== ]
JayM: Status for Pustulous Dog [F]: : [======== ] Corona[40](6)
JayM: Status for Old Gunner [F]: : [ ] Raven Ammo(U) Discourcharge(U) EX Ammo(4) Plasma Blade[80](4)
JayM: Serenity!
Serenity‘ tilts her head at Celestine’s force gear, then laughs out loud.
Serenity: "Holy shit."
Serenity: "How fuck up do you have to be to - ahahaha - design something like - ahaha - that?"
Celestine: "Kind of amazing isn't it?"
Celestine: "Hey, you know you're in trouble if you do it"
Harriet: "Actually, I could see the principles working really well if yoy just…"
[OOC] Harriet: *you
Amal: "It is kinda dire, isn't it?"
Anton: "I think its purpose it to deter people from attacking high priority targets."
Serenity‘ hefts up her and takes a shot at Celestine. [60D]
Serenity` rolled d100 and got 94 ( Total: 94 )
Serenity: "Eeeeeh…"
JayM: A crack of thunder throws your concentration way off and you slam that trigger too hard, sending the bullet into the ground
Serenity` rolled d12+84 and got 2 ( Total: 86 ) for -3LP
Serenity` watches the bullet bounce off a rock and into Celestine’s arm. Snorts.
JayM: Even still it ricochets off a rock and into Celestine's arm
JayM: Harriet and Hughbert
[OOC] Amal: HP: 550/550, MP: 490/550, LP: 9/9, SoS: 137
Harriet: "Okay, look, if you want to bring out Force Gears and play with the real scientists, I'm going to have to insist you sit down," Harriet swings her ECC over to Celestine, "and pay attention to the field tests!" [Atom Smasher, 35D]
Harriet rolled 1d12+240 and got 12 ( Total: 252.0 )
Celestine jumps off to the side- But lightning finds the easiest path to ground, and it happens to be her body
She still rolls nicely and ends in a stand "I'm not really a scientist myself, you know"
[OOC] Harriet: 60 damage to the dog, if that doesn't kill her, or to the old man if it does
Harriet: "Yeah, that's pretty obvious."
JayM: It doesn't kill her so dog it is
Serenity‘ snaps her fingers as a blast of light errupts out of nowhere and into Celestine. [Assist]
Serenity` rolled d12+180 and got 1 ( Total: 181 )
Celestine moves with almost unnatural-looking speed and just barely avoids a direct hit, he rolls on the floor grasping a cylindrical object "Ahaha, this is amazing"
Celestine: "A battle worth having!"
She hangs in there, hangs in there with the very last sliver of energy she has
JayM: Which is exactly 1 HP
JayM: Yes you reduced her to 1
JayM: Battle order: Hughbert [F]:0 Pustulous Dog [F]:2 Old Gunner [F]:4 Amal [B]:16 Anton [B]:20 Harriet [B]:35 Celestine [B]:40 Serenity [B]:58
JayM: Status for Celestine [B]: : [ ]
JayM: Status for Pustulous Dog [F]: : [======= ] Corona[40](6)
JayM: Status for Old Gunner [F]: : [ ] Raven Ammo(U) Discourcharge(U) EX Ammo(4) Plasma Blade[80](4)
JayM: Hughbert
Serenity` frowns.
Hughbert just starts running straight past the dog and the gunner, raises his book, and swings it straight down at Celestine’s head. "You should not be standing right now. Cease this at once." [Attack, 40D]
Hughbert rolled 1d100 and got 88 ( Total: 88 ) for 80
[OOC] Hughbert: -1 LP
[OOC] Hughbert: aint even gonna roll for damage
Celestine takes a book to the head, stumbling back "Y-yeah… I shouldn't…" she jumps on Hughbert "But I am!" knocking him on the floor [Last Healer Standing] she pulls out a vial and pours it on the cylindrical object she was holding, she screws in the cap and tosses it towards the Old Gunner "Stay in blast…" she falls "Range…"
The cylinder explodes! With a loud bang it goes off not in explosive force but in a glittering cloud!
JayM rolled 1d12+360,200 and got 12 ( Total: 744.0 )
Serenity: "…What a fucking weirdo."
The old gunner is healed for [744]. He straightens himself as he takes a deep breatk "You're in for it now" as he gains Heroic Surge(2), +50% damage dealt
JayM: Battle order: Pustulous Dog [F]:0 Old Gunner [F]:2 Amal [B]:14 Anton [B]:18 Harriet [B]:33 Hughbert [F]:38 Celestine [B]:38 Serenity [B]:56
JayM: Status for Celestine [B]: : [-KO-]
JayM: Status for Pustulous Dog [F]: : [======= ] Corona[40](6)
JayM: Status for Old Gunner [F]: : [====== ] Raven Ammo(U) Heroic Charge[+50%(2) EX Ammo(4) Plasma Blade[80](4)
The Pustulous Dog then runs at Harriet and continues to tear her down with [Diamonic Bite]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 43 ( Total: 43 )
JayM rolled 1d10+132,80 and got 4 ( Total: 108.80000000000001 )
Amal * The Light interdicts. [-40 damage]
Hughbert pushes aside the collapsed healer off him- never have you seen him run with the speed he just did to intercept that attack. [Guard Assist]
JayM: Dealing [108] Physical Melee damage and Poison[77](2), you take 77 physical damage after each action
JayM: Morese than that
JayM: Until your next Ressuply you start every battle with Poison[77](2)
[OOC] Serenity: -40 from corona
JayM: Right yes, 68
The dog continues to slobber [Cursed Saliva]
[OOC] Hughbert: so 136 - 40 because I'm front line and used guard assist?
JayM: Oh you guard assist, okay
[OOC] Anton: Correct
JayM: So you're poisoned AND Prey(3) as well
[OOC] Amal: Wait does that chump the Prey effect?
Harriet staggers back, giving Hughbert plenty of room to intercede. "Shit! Are you okay?!"
JayM: In covering her her scented started [Rubbing Off] on you
[OOC] Hughbert: oh right -20% to that as well from the party thing, does that reduce the poison too :D?
JayM: Nope
The Old Gunner points his shotgun forward "Get out of here" firing off a [Shotgun Shot] at Harriet, Amal and Serenity!
JayM rolled 1d10+132,180 and got 6 ( Total: 248.4 )
JayM: Dealing [248] Physical Ranged damage and inflicting Weakened(6) on all three of them
Serenity: "That kinda hurt."
JayM: And then another [80] magical damage from the Plasma Blade
[OOC] Amal: HP: 222/550, MP: 490/550, LP: 9/9, SoS: 137 - Weakened (6)
[OOC] Hughbert: HP: 650/650, Stored: 76, T.HP: 80 MP: 450/650, LP: 4/6, SoS: 162, +20% spell or support, Poison [77] (2)
JayM: Battle order: Amal [B]:0 Anton [B]:4 Harriet [B]:19 Hughbert [F]:24 Celestine [B]:24 Pustulous Dog [F]:36 Serenity [B]:42 Old Gunner [F]:48
JayM: Status for Celestine [B]: : [-KO-]
JayM: Status for Pustulous Dog [F]: : [======= ] Corona[40](5)
JayM: Status for Old Gunner [F]: : [====== ] Heroic Charge[+50%(1) EX Ammo(3) Plasma Blade[80](3)
JayM: Amal!
Harriet gets blasted to the ground - the plasma blade cuts into her, bloodying her baby blue dress. "Ugh…" She just stays down for a moment.
[OOC] Amal: Harriet what's your HP
[OOC] Serenity: HP: 172/500, MP: 560/600, LP: 6/9, SoS: 125 - Sold Pulse[40] (1),Weakened (6)
[OOC] Harriet: HP: 1=/600, MP: 500/700, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150 - Prey (U)
[OOC] Amal: oh jesus what
[OOC] Harriet: LISTEN I'M DPS NOT TANK OK
[OOC] Amal: are you seriously at 1 HP
[OOC] Harriet: i am, literally, at one hit point,
[OOC] Harriet: please help
Amal holds out both hands, gathering light! [CT 20 fuuuuuck]
JayM: Anton!
Anton sighs before snapping his fingers. Another three Antons appear on the arena. They're loading… some kind of medicine on their crossbows? [Phantom Rush - 30Dx3 | 70D | Invert x3]
Serenity: "…"
JayM: Harriet!
Serenity: "No."
Serenity: "no."
Serenity: "Oh my god that better being church sanction evil ass poison, crossbows are NOT a delivery device for curatives!"
Harriet pushes herself up, slowly, shaking, and wipes blood from the corner of her mouth. "At least… you didn't hurt my gears," she says, flicking a few dials on her cannon. [Atom Smasher, 20CT]
JayM: Amal, goes off now!
Amal points at Serenity and Harriet, and rainbow light drains off their fingertips, restoring them to health! [Double Cure D35]
Amal rolled d10+150 and got 2 ( Total: 152 )
JayM: Hughbert!
Harriet takes a shuddering breath as the light knits some of those wounds. "… thanks. I, uh, I feel a little less like I'm about to die now."
[OOC] Harriet: HP: 153/600, MP: 500/700, LP: 7/8, SoS: 150 - Prey (U)
Hughbert readies another globe of water above Grump… [CT15]
JayM: Battle order: S-Anton A [F]:0 S-Anton B [F]:0 S-Anton C [F]:0 Pustulous Dog [F]:2 Harriet [B]:5 Hughbert [F]:5 Serenity [B]:8 Old Gunner [F]:14 Amal [B]:21 Anton [B]:40
JayM: Status for Pustulous Dog [F]: : [======= ] Corona[40](5)
JayM: Status for Old Gunner [F]: : [====== ] Heroic Charge[+50%](1) EX Ammo(3) Plasma Blade[80](3)
JayM: Anton, your shadows!
Anton has his clones take aim and fire bolts at Harriet, Serenity and Amal. They explode into sparkles on impact! (Provided they hit…) [Attack x3 - 80 CoS]
Anton rolled 3d100 and got 86, 8, 94 ( Total: 188 )
[OOC] Anton: Yeaaaaaaaaah
Harriet moves in the way of hers, with SOME TREPIDATION. [-1 LP]
[OOC] Anton: Teak eat an LP with me thanks
Amal smiles. The arrows land anyway. [-1 LP]
Anton rolled d12+150 and got 4 ( Total: 154.0 ) for Healing for the three. Unless Serenity wants double healing
[OOC] Harriet: HP: 307/600, MP: 500/700, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - Prey (U)
Serenity‘ does not. Looks horrified and then angry.
JayM: Healing for all, that was a little silly
Harriet: "Did you seriously just…"
Serenity: "Anton…"
Harriet: "You’re lucky I trust you."
Amal: "That was awesome!"
The Pustulous Dog decides to jump on Harriet again, for another [Diamonic Bite]!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 2 ( Total: 2 )
[OOC] Amal: HP: 376/550, MP: 490/550, LP: 9/9, SoS: 137 - Weakened (6)
JayM rolled 1d10 and got 3 ( Total: 3 )
Harriet: "I just wish I could say that's the only time someone's- OH GODDESS-"
JayM rolled 1d10+92,80 and got 5 ( Total: 77.60000000000001 )
The Light interdicts. [-40]
JayM: Dealing [77] physical melee damage and Broken(1) as well as Poison[77](2)!
Harriet swears, kicking it off of her. "Fucking mutt!"
JayM: Battle order: Harriet [B]:0 Hughbert [F]:0 Serenity [B]:3 Old Gunner [F]:9 Amal [B]:16 Anton [B]:35 Pustulous Dog [F]:47
JayM: Status for Pustulous Dog [F]: : [======= ] Corona[40](4)
JayM: Status for Old Gunner [F]: : [====== ] Heroic Charge[+50%](1) EX Ammo(3) Plasma Blade[80](3)
JayM: Harriet!
JayM: It bleeds on your foot
Anton: "But don't fret Hughbert, you can get my cupids arrow next venture~."
Harriet swings around her big ol' cannon, the electricity arcing out towards the old gunner. "I'm getting really sick of this fight!" [Atom Smasher, 35D]
Harriet rolled 1d12+240 and got 3 ( Total: 243.0 )
Hughbert: "That would be a waste of resources. I require no recovery right now." His force gear is beeping from retaining damage in reserve, though.
JayM: Indeed a waste, and that was shocking
Amal stares at the old gunner. "You're outgunned and outnumbered, old man. Call off your monsters. You had your shot at stopping us from helping you."
The old man looks at Amal "Even if I don't make it out of here if at least a few of us make off with something it's enough"
He whistles loudly
You hear further sounds of gunfire, there's a weird wooshing noise
JayM: Hughbert!
Serenity: "Ugh."
Serenity: "They're all going to be a pain in the ass."
Hughbert drops more pressurized artillery on the grump! [Pressure Stream, 35D]
Serenity: "Don't let him leave."
[OOC] Harriet: Oh Yeah, And The Dog Takes 90 Damage
Hughbert rolled 1d10+150,150 and got 4 ( Total: 231.0 )
You hear a loud, terrifying roar! And there's the wooshing noise- You hear the sound of something crashing against metal
At this point you realize that the efighting has been going on outside the defensive perimeter, except for you right here
Hughbert winces as both the poison and his damage absorbtion disperse at the same time. [115 damage]
JayM: Serenity!
JayM: Battle order: Serenity [B]:0 Old Gunner [F]:6 Amal [B]:13 Harriet [B]:32 Anton [B]:32 Hughbert [F]:32 Pustulous Dog [F]:44
JayM: Status for Pustulous Dog [F]: : [====== ] Corona[40](4)
JayM: Status for Old Gunner [F]: : [== ] Heroic Charge[+50%](1) EX Ammo(3) Plasma Blade[80](3)
Amal: "Just stay focused and defend the well supplies. They'll probably make off with some rations. It doesn't matter."
There's a loud whistle in response to his
Amal glances past a truck.
JayM: You see a trail of light, leaving towards the distance
JayM: The sounds of fighting are dieing off
Serenity‘ lets out a puff of air, taking aim at the old man before pulling the trigger. A small white mote appears behind him, and then a moment later a second behind the dog. [50D - Sniper Beam] [20D] [Somebody Loves Me - Second marker at 40D]
Amal looks around like they’re looking for something.
Harriet would surely notice if she wasn't a bit focused on herself right now!
JayM: Battle order: Old Gunner [F]:0 Amal [B]:7 Sniper Beam:14 Harriet [B]:26 Anton [B]:26 Hughbert [F]:26 Sniper Beam 2:34 Pustulous Dog [F]:38 Serenity [B]:44
The Old Gunner looks at Serenity, shrugs and pats the dog in the head. It looks up at the gunner, and he tosses both his weapons in the ground
Old Gunner: "They got what they came for, I can't take another hit if i'm honest. No need to get Darkie here hurt any further"
Old Gunner: "I'm done"
JayM: That's a victory!
Anton: "If nothing else I admire your dedication to your dog."
Harriet grumbles, glaring at him through her goggles. "I hate your stupid dog."
Hughbert: "Step away from your weapons." He steps forward to cuff him - once he complies - and Celestine - before she wakes up.
Old Gunner: "Is a good hunting dog"
Serenity: "You."
JayM: Celestine?
JayM: She's gone
Serenity: "May want to move, I can't stop those."
JayM: She vanished while you were recovering from his attack
JayM: Hughbert step away from the gunner! Before you get friendly fire
JayM: He jumps out of the way when Serenity warns him, though. Dodging the shots
Serenity: "Also…"
Anton scratches at his chin. "Hrm… I probably could have shot those out of the air too."
Serenity‘ glances to the left, then the right, before laying her eyes back on the old man.
Serenity: "What’s the fastest way to get from here into your base without being noticed?"
Amal stares at Serenity.
Hughbert: "… Goddess damn it-" he turns around and avoids. Once he regains his balance, he resumes securing- oh goddess twice damn it, Hughbert looks pissed that she's nowhere to be found…
Amal: "What in the…?"
Harriet looks over at Hughbert. "So, like… it's not just me, right? That tone is weird, right?"
Serenity‘ nods towards the force gear on the man. "Take the hills into town. Gotcha."
Hughbert nods. "Sounds… Like two very distinctly different types of… Unusual."
Serenity: "Thanks."
Harriet: "How do they even do that? It’s so weird."
Amal: "…nice trick!"
Anton gives Harriet and Hughbert a smile as he comes between the two wrapping his arms around them. "And so the truth is revealed~. Hope you guys don't have any skeletons in the closet with Serenity around!"
Serenity‘ tilts her head back towards Harriet. "Huh? Oh."
Serenity: "Anyway I’m done with him now." Serenity makes dismissive nodding motions to Hughbert.
Harriet: "Okay, what?" Harriet gives Anton a weird look. "No, seriously, what?"
Amal: "Why do we want to know where his base is, anyways?"
Anton: "Basically she gets an answer to whatever question she asks!"
Old Gunner: "What are you even doing, girl"
Serenity: "Because they just stole a bunch of supplies that we probably want back,"
Serenity: "and,"
Serenity: "if they're going to show up and sneak attack us a n y w a y,"
Serenity: "I don't see why we shouldn't get the drop on them first."
Harriet: "Okay hold on, you can't just do that! If you have an ability like that, you need to study it! There need to be tests and controlled trials! You can't just say, oh, I can make someone answer any question I want, how does that even work?!"
JayM: Did any of you hear him answer, though? He certainly didn't answer
Serenity: "Okay."
Serenity: "Think about what you know about me."
Amal: "It's probably not worth our time. They just stole some food and medical supplies, it's nothing we can't live without?" Beat. "I bet you just wanted to show off." They grin.
Serenity: "Like, deep breath in, deep breath out."
Anton: "Part of me wants to believe she performs rituals with Amals blood but sadly it involves the goddess."
Serenity: "Consider why I would ask someone something,"
Serenity: "And then know an answer."
Serenity: "I'll give you a minute."
Harriet grumbles, but she takes a breath as directed, folding her arms.
Serenity‘ twirls a finger through her bangs, looking at Harriet.
Amal: "Hehe, I figured it out. It’s pretty cool!"
Serenity: "You already know the answer!"
Harriet: "Oh, you are not telling me this is just 'Serenity is weird and we're not going to do any science to it'."
Harriet: "You, me, controlled trials."
Serenity: "Oh my goddess."
Serenity: "Harriet."
Serenity: "Medium."
Serenity: "C'mon."
Amal: "(Hey Anton what do you suppose 'controlled trials' is a euphemism for?)"
Harriet: "Oh, sure, just say you're a medium and that's the answer to everything."
Serenity: "I mean,"
Serenity: "I asked it,"
Serenity: "It answered."
Serenity: "This isn't complicated."
Anton: "(I never took them up on their offer to visit their lab… You'd be amazed at the number of worldlines we avoided that place.)"
Hughbert: "Does this gentleman have a force gear?" Hughbert checks before waiting for a response anyway.
Harriet: "Yeah, yeah, whatever. If it was me, I'd do controlled trials."
Serenity: "Obviously."
Amal air quotes.
Anton glances at Amal before nodding knowingly.
Harriet doesn't notice, and it's probably a good thing, because she looks rather cross.
Serenity: "Oh come on you totally knew I could talk to the ragnite don't get all grumpy."
Harriet: "I'm not annoyed you're talking to the ragnite, I'm annoyed you're just taking the answers at face value!"
Harriet: "How do you know they're the truth if you haven't studied them?"
Serenity: "I mean,"
Serenity: "In the nineteen years of my live I've been doing this,"
Serenity: "It's never lied to me once."
Serenity: "It just doesn't answer if it doesn't want me to know."
Anton: "I would like to point out that we've practically won the lottery at this point. The number of worldlines where this conversation is still going are few indeed! Perhaps it would be best to patch up and get going before their friends start to wonder where our new captives are?" A smile.
Serenity: "Anyway. 'food and medicine' both seem like things these assholes need,"
Harriet: "Okay and how do you know that? And how does it handle ambiguity? And, Goddess forbid, being wrong! There are so many factors! You can't just-" Anton. "- fine, fine, whatever."
Serenity: "Given all the being stupid and civil warring."
[OOC] Amal: do we need healplz btw
[OOC] Serenity: HP: 500/500, MP: 500/600, LP: 6/9, SoS: 125
Hughbert: "I… am just going to report our situation to the caravan leader. Please, carry on." Hughbert walks off to do exactly that.
You hear the terrifying sound of something metallic and large, like a truck, being flung in the air and landing with a loud crash. It's nothing to worry about just the truck that was toppled to stop you in your tracks being shoved out of the way and landing like a truck shoved ten meters in the air does. You actually see it midair if you turn to it fast enough
[OOC] Anton: HP: 600/600, MP: 430/550, LP: 5/7, SoS: 150
[OOC] Harriet: HP: 130=/600, MP: 420/700, LP: 6/8, SoS: 150 - Prey (U),Poison[77] (1)
Amal giggles at Anton, for not the first time, then turns around curiously, because wat.
[OOC] Hughbert: HP: 577/650, Stored: 0, T.HP: 80 MP: 390/650, LP: 4/6, SoS: 162, Start with: Poison [77] (2)
As Hughbert starts heading there the defensive line finally breaks up, as the trucks and construction vehicles starts readjusting themselves you see far ahead a giant monster- It looks like a lion, if a lion had purple skin and it's front half was made of nothing but muscle and cancer and roughly ten times larger than the back half, it looks both terrifying and slightly hilarious as it's tiny back feet are so tiny in comparison to it's gigantic front claws and you are certain they offer no actual utility
Harriet: "… okay what the fuck is that."
Amal: "Huh that -does- look pretty weird, okay, yeah."
Harriet: "That thing's going to try and eat someone and it had better not be me!"
Amal absentmindedly flings a heal at Harriet. Just in case.
Amal rolled d12+180 and got 8 ( Total: 188 )
Serenity: "Behemoth."
Serenity: "That's a behemoth."
Flake is convening with two other people when Hughbert arrives "Oh, good, that's all teams accounted for. I saw you fighting their leader there so I figured we could prevent them from interfering. Good idea it seems
Serenity: "Oh right that reminds me."
Serenity‘ spins around and punches Anton in the arm as hard as she can. Which isn’t particularly hard all things considered, but it's the thought that counts.
Flake: "Our monster breeder's going to get our Leonid back in the cage in a few minutes, hopefully with no further wounds" he looks at the person wearing heavy armor who nods and goes off to handle the monster, the other person sighs and Flake shrugs then turns to Hughbert "Got the guy under control?"
Harriet grumbles as she takes a drink from a flask. [-1 Herbal Tea]
The man taking care of the monster has some form of heavy armor with integrated force gear, it glows gently. He pets the Leonid and it twitches, it takes him six minutes to make it calm down and then he walks him to the transport truck
[OOC] Harriet: +60 MP
Hughbert: "We've captured him and confiscated his equipment. He also has a beast under his command, which should remain docile unless given the order to attack. I would assess them as low risk as long as these - " he hands over the weapons " - are kept secure."
Anton winces. "Oh~… unrequited love. Fate is most cruel. Do I not inspire confidence, Serenity? Trust is an important facet of teamwork."
Serenity: "Do…"
Serenity: "Do you honestly need to ask…?"
Flake: "Oh, yeah they had a Shinespark but the thing actually made off some supplies"
Serenity: "Of course you don't." Smile.
Anton quietly sulks to himself.
Flake: "Honestly, though, i'm fine with that. I'll have him taken in the DTU then, unless you want to take him yourself?"
Flake: "Wait, hold on, your car! Did it survive?"
Harriet looks over at the car, pushing her goggles up. "Man…" How hurt is it?
JayM: It… It isn't totalled, at least, but it's front has been thoroughly trashed, engine's alright though. The flipping all over caused the support for the gun to snap off and when it rolled the gun itself with no support wound up destroying the back seat. Also it's beaten up in general.
JayM: It can be fixed, eventually. You can probably make it move at a normal pace if you wanted
Hughbert: "I don't believe he should face trial in Masharas for crimes committed in Terchuan. Would you do the honors?"
Flake nods "Alright" he looks at the other person who goes over to move the old gunner to the same vehicle the Leonid went in "That takes care of that…" Flake looks over at the car "Oh man, do you need help with that?"
Harriet assesses her baby, looking very concerned. Eventually she turns back. "It's not hopeless. We can probably still move, and I can fix it when I get some time."
He heads over to the car and, thus, rest of the party. On the process he pulls out a lollipop out of his pocket and puts it on his mouth "Man i'm sorry, I should have seen that thing coming earlier"
Serenity‘ glances at the lollipop, then at Anton.
Harriet puffs out her cheeks. "It’s not your fault, I guess."
Anton smiles at Serenity. "Y'know, I really don't know how they manage to keep the selection process secret. You just have to look for the obvious clues."
Flake look at Serenity, pulls out a second one "Want one? I brought a few"
Serenity: "What… is the deal with those anyway?" She takes one with a shrug.
Serenity‘ scrunches up her face briefly after putting the lollipop in her mouth, then shakes her head.
Flake looks at Harriet "C’mon, i'll hand you over some of my girl's spare parts and we can both sit down and get it running, faster that" he does comes back a moment later with a spare axel and some other stuff
Hughbert takes one as well- and jots down a quick note…
Serenity: "Anyway man am I glad I'm driving," She says while glancing at the back seat of the jeep.
Hughbert: "Please tell me you have a spare seatbelt."
Flake: "I don't. But I can jury-rig something with one of the belts we use to secure cargo"
Hughbert: "I appreciate and respect seatbelts. You can tell which seat I sat in because it has no seatbelt, and also has claw marks from when I was trying not to get flipped."
Anton: "Hughbert, Hughbert…" He wags a finger. "How many times have I said your turn would come for me to catch you? Let fate take the wheel~"
Harriet seems to cheer up when Flame mentions spare parts. Once he returns with the gear, she sets to work fixing things! "In my defense, I needed that seatbelt for science." She sounds happier now she's working.
Flake helps out in getting the car in moving mode again, it doesn't takes more than twenty minutes
Serenity‘ mucks about with the front enough to where it’ll still be relatively comfortable to drive while Harriet and Flake deal with the more important stuff
Harriet chatters with him about the repairs as they work. They get into pretty technical language. It's kind of bizarre for anyone who doesn't do car repairs!
Amal basically stays out of the way. No need to backseat mechanic, although they are kinda listening in.
Harriet: "You're pretty good," Harriet grins to him, half-obscured underneath the car. "And hey, Glaci looks really cool."
Anton pulls out a notebook when things die down and starts to jot some things down.
He blinks "Oh, this?" he pulls out that device "Yeah… There's some cutting-edge tech here"
Flake: "Actually, it's actually Orsis tech. I've got a friend there that sent me blueprints from a very… Unique miniaturization system for heat-sapping force gear"
Flake: "It's based on some sort of ongoing secret project about making and artificial, uhn… What was the word…"
Hughbert sneakily peeks over Anton's shoulder while he pretends to scribble in his own notebook.
Flake: "Artifical mage? Hearer? Medium? Something like that"
Harriet: "I've been trying for years to get something that small. Orsis tech, huh?"
Flake: "… Not very nice tech, honestly, but if Glacies was willing to shre it with me, i'm willing to build it"
Harriet: "Artificial medium, huh..? Well, I'd love to get a look at those blueprints sometime."
Serenity: "Wait."
Serenity: "What?
Serenity: "Orsis is fucking around with artificial Mediums?"
Serenity‘ looks a little… actually it’s hard to place the emotion on her face but it's not her usual one.
Flake turns around "Kind of. It's actually Terra Medical, you know the terchuan medical company that developed monsters"
Serenity: "Oh, fuck Cor."
Flake: "Some of… Some of their ventures happened in Orsis, like… The Divine Dream drug, and the wraiths and ghouls it created"
Serenity‘ buries her face in her hands and leans her forehead against the dashboard.
Amal raises an eyebrow. Both eyebrows, actually. "You’d think after having literally invented monsters, you'd quit whilst you're ahead."
Flake: "Very ugly stuff…"
Harriet sucks in air through her teeth. "I can guess what they've been fucking with to do that, but even I kind of don't want to."
Flake: "You'd think… Glaci's been trying to put a hamper on their efforts for years now"
Serenity: "This is going to be so much more of a pain than I thought."
Anton chews at his lip. "Do you actually know WHY certain people can speak to the goddess, Serenity?"
Harriet: "There any good way to contact them? This is probably gonna end up in our wheelhouse."
Harriet: "For, uh, reasons."
Flake scratches behind his head "Contact who, Terra Medical? Ugh… We do have a defense contract with them… I could give you our contact with them but I am almost certain it's an orange, though"
Serenity‘ shrugs while shaking her head. "Not any more than you know why certain people can peer into different world lines."
Flake: "If you mean Glaci… I wouldn’t know, her mail just comes out of nowhere, she doesn't wants to be found"
Harriet: "Nah, I mean Glaci."
Flake: "You can probably not miss her in Orsis, though. Just find the coldest place and try to find the Icy Maiden, she's likely to find you first"
Harriet: "The Icy Maiden? Right, I'll… probably remember that… hey, Hughbert! Write this down, okay?!"
Anton shakes his head. "You do know about Azania Silvester Julei though?"
Hughbert: "Of course…"
Serenity: "Uhh…"
Serenity: "…no?"
Anton: "Man. What do they teach you guys in those fancy colleges? You should have stayed in Sunday school longer!" He teases with a smile.
Serenity: "I think I've heard of a Julei before but nothing's really coming to mind."
Serenity: "Or well."
Serenity: "Wait."
Serenity: "Was she the first natural magic user?"
Amal: "Sharing is caring, Anton~."
Anton: "Got it in one~. She also was a medium and an oracle. You should read up on her sometime."
Serenity: "…Was that actually relevant or just a tangent?"
Anton: "Mostly a tangent, but her initial research on oracles and mediums is what led Terra Medical to start up a program to force out a mediums capabilities in all of us. It's relevent to the artificial medium thing!" He pouts.
Harriet: "So, hey, any chance I can see those blueprints?" Harriet asks Flake as she struggles with a particularly stubborn bolt.
Serenity: "Fair enough."
Serenity: "Wait they've been working on it THAT long?"
Flake looks at Harriet, thinks… "Okay, I do carry them with me" he pulls them out of a pocket and shows her "Need a bit of medical knowledge for this. Look here" he points out "The way the tubing is laid out is based on the vein structure of a ghoul, which works like a force gear due to the ragnite on their blood flow" he points a few different areas "See here? These setups generate a lot more effect for less energy and with less ragnite"
Anton: "Truth me told, we knew very little about mediums and oracles until a few decades ago. During Alcores short term as Divine Oracle research on both shot off at astronomical speeds. Think of it as a huge contributor to the orbal revolution~."
Flake thinks for a moment "Why don't you keep it?"
[OOC] Anton: *be
Anton: "Or I suppose the better term would be that research grew stagnant until he got involved. There was a gap in productivity."
Anton: "Julei made great advancements as well."
Harriet slides out from under the car, wipes off her hands thoroughly, and examines the blueprints. "Ohhh, I see what's going on… yeah, and the flow through the veins must… huh? Keep it? I'd love to! There's /definitely/ a lot here I need to study."
He nods "I've this distinctive feeling this is for the best"
Harriet: "Thanks, Flake!" Harriet grins. "You're the best."
Serenity: "Huh."
Harriet tucks the blueprints safely into a satchel at her belt.
Serenity: "Anyway no I was just kind of agast because, well."
Serenity: "The last medium we got into a fight with dropped a mountain on us."
Serenity: "Don't… really need an army of that looking to invade."
Anton: "They aren't making oracles."
Serenity: "He used his medium powers to do not, not the oracle ones."
Harriet: "Now, let's see, I should just have to adjust this and…" Harriet goes back to fixing the car with Flake. They'll probably be done soon!
Serenity: "I was listening."
[OOC] Serenity: do that^
Amal: "You can drop a mountain on someone with medium powers? That's pretty impressive."
It doesn't takes long to finish fixing the car. It's mobile again, and should it not be trashed by a rapidly accelerating horse again you will be able to get it back to condition once you've settled down for the construction project since your part in it is a little later
Serenity: "Well…"
Serenity: "He very polietly asked the ragnite lining the mountain to explode,"
Serenity: "And the ragnite went 'yeah sure thing boss, you're a swell guy!' and then landslide."
Serenity: "Paraphrasing, obviously."
Anton chews at his lip. "Kinda curious if Alcore always was both. I'd kind of think if he was so keen on giving his support to Terra Medical he used their research to emulate Julei with him as the first test subject or something? There's obviously other reasons he could have wanted to back them, but…"
Serenity: "I could of sworn I mentioned this before."
Hughbert: "That paraphrase is exceptionally confusing, speaking from the perspective from someone who wasn't there."
Harriet: "
Harriet: "The mountain basically did fall on us," Harriet lifts her head to point out.
Serenity: "I'm pretty sure Cor said Al was both when I asked her about him."
Serenity: "And exceptionally powerful in both fields."
Anton: "He is NOW, yeah."
Serenity: "Even back then!"
Serenity: "Don't you guys like, keep records on this crap?"
Anton scrunches up his face. "You underestimate how much is left out of the official records at times."
Serenity: "Story of my life."
Anton smiles. "Documentation is pretty important in engineering too, right? Well spoilers… everyone sucks at it~."
Harriet: "That's true and it's annoying as fuck!" Harriet yells from where she's working.
Amal: "I bet it's just the natural Oracle predilection towards playing information warfare~."
Hughbert: "I can also confirm…"
Serenity: "…Am I seriously the only one that does proper book keeping here…?"
Hughbert: "No, trust me, I ensure my notes are proper. I cannot say the same for my peers in the military, though."
Harriet: "Hey, don't look at me, I make sure my blueprints are up to date. It's just, like, please, I'm a genius, but even I can't figure out what your project was supposed to be with only three pages of scribbles and some notes in the margins."
Harriet: "Not that I'm holding a grudge or anything, Timory Almont."
Serenity: "Haha."
Vroom-*chug*-*chug*-*chug*-*chug*
That's the sound of the car's engine spinning up
Harriet: "It liiives!" Harriet pats the side of the car. "I knew you could do it."
Harriet: "Oh, thanks for your help, Flake."
Flake: "Alright! It's finished. We better get moving because I don't wanna stay in the rain. Hop on, now" he turns around with a shout "ATTENTION CARAVAN, READY FOR MOVING" he turns to Harriet and similes "Not a problem. This girl's a beast anyway, to take that flip with this much grace"
He heads back to his own vehicle of death and the caravan starts lining up for moving again
JayM: It's probably time to go
Serenity: "So…"
Serenity: "Are we seriously not gunna preempt the dumb terrorist and just let them hit us at the site?"
Harriet: "If you want to, I'll go along, sure."
Harriet: "I mean, we've got a car working."
Flake turns around "That happens we deal with that, I don't want to delay the install of the purifying system. If you wanna take the detour feel free, though, should take almost a day to finish digging for Harriet to do her magic"
Hughbert: "Seems like the most efficient course of action."
Serenity‘ tilts her head backwards towards the actual decision makers in the group.
Harriet flashes him a thumbs up. "Sounds like we’ve got time. This sort of, like, tactical stuff? It's not my wheelhouse, I'm not gonna make calls on this."
Harriet: "But if Hughbert thinks we should, we probably should. He actually does know this stuff."
Amal: "Hey, if you think it's a good idea, I'm down. We're friends, after all~!"
Hughbert nods. "A pre-emptive strike. If nothing else, disrupting their headquarters will make their strike force fall into disorder, which will make defending against them trivially easy. Given that their base may be fortified, sending in a smaller unit rather than the entire caravan is best. Just make sure we have the means to punch an escape route through a wall if need be." He nods to Harriet with that last remark.
Serenity‘ makes a face at Amal.
Harriet: "You want over-the-top destruction? I’ve totally got over-the-top destruction."
Amal grins.
JayM: Hah
JayM: Souns like time for a reward
JayM: Of [12 XP]
JayM: And from here, well
JayM: sounds like you went in a direction I was not expecting
JayM: Thankfully I have done the Ultimate Plan and am ready for anything
JayM: I love you all
JayM: But that's it for tonight

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License