Gmm51

The tunnel is dark, and for a while it is terrifying. Could you know if a train is heading your way? Would you have time to evade?
But in the end, that matters not. After a while of walking as you go deeper underground you finally see a light at the end as the tunnel opens into a large station, the station itself is incredibly busy at this point despite the lack of people. There's currently a train unloading, large rolls of metal sheets that look almost like rolls of cloth, if cloth could be colored this silvery sheen. Large mechanical arms grab the rolls of metal and move them into conveyor belts that move them along to other sections of the factory. The very last car of the train, however, isn't a full of metal sheets. Instead it's a tanker car that's unloading refined ragnite straight into a large pipe that head off that way
Thankfully, despite the fact both the metal conveyors and the ragnite piping head into the walls on their own particular ways, there's access doorways down both paths.
Surprisingly, or perhaps not given how automated the system is, there are only a half dozen workers at the moment. Three of them are supervising the ragnite transfer, one of them looking rather bored wearing some peculiar force gear that combines a footwear part, armwear part and backpack unit is looking at some thing in their armwear part's wrist while two are keeping their eyes on gauges on the train's end
The other three are operating the mechanical arms, as far as you can guess
Serenity: "Huh, haven't seen anything that bulky in a while…"
Serenity: "Looks like it should be relatively easy to move around if the entire thing is this understaffed though so… lead on, leader."
Hughbert: "Okay, based off the map we were given, to get to our first target, we go…" Hughbert scans the station and notes the exits.
Hughbert: "That way." Hughbert points to the accessway near the ragnite tubes. "Let me remind you that we are to avoid confrontations while possible, for now. This enclosed area is far too disadvantageous."
Harriet: "Yeah, yeah. I don't even wanna think about what happens if I light this place up."
Serenity: "No sense in picking a fight with a bunch of techs anyway…" Serenity nods, moving thata way while sticking being machinery and piping as much as possible
Hughbert scoots the way, staying out of the engineers' line of sight.
Harriet is just gonna follow Hughbert's lead, she's not good at sneaking missions.
You head down the way the ragnite tubes go through, it isn't difficult to stay out of sight here as there are so few people but once you head into the accessway it becomes considerably more difficult. This area is nothing more than a long plain hallway, quite cramped and minimalistic, there's a heavy glass pane that gives you a view of the ragnite pipes as they go down the hall. Those aren't your average pipes either, reinforced heavy duty pipes because someone has definitely thought about what would happen if you light this place up. You can't quite tell what sort of metal they're made of, since they've been painted, but their structure is sound and they look insulated on top of it.
Serenity‘ nods approvingly towards the pipes before moving to the far end of the hallway, at least.
Hughbert keeps his footsteps reasonably quiet, admiring the neat, organized tubing along the way.
Harriet just… tries not to clank too much as she moves down the hall.
Thankfully, this is mostly a maitenance area, so there isn’t much reason for there to be people here- Up until you reach a doorway after a good deal of travel. It leads into a massive room, slightly reminiscent the generator in the Postal Service's island. The generator is a giant of a monster that looks like a great tree around which snakes coil, said snakes being tubes gleaming with golden ragnite that coil around the generator while the tubing coming from the station gets split and enters the generator from the bottom, almost like roots. This is a type of induction-based generator from the looks of things, the sort that can be quite temperamental when manhandled because once it starts dispersing the energy from the ragnite that's fuelling it it's going to go somewhere, and they need to have quite balanced loads.
The golden ragnite tubing are all the same size with one exception, there is one much larger trunk coming from that wall, the pipe itself is painted with a different color with a "1" written in equal intervals on it. The other tubes have letters written instead
The generator's easily three stories high, and there's catwalks around it, and it looks like at the highest level there is a control room, in which you see the sillouette of two people
Serenity: "Whew."
Harriet: "Well, that's one way to spice up your generator room."
Hughbert: "Ah, at our first target already? Alright. By my guess… We want to damage the pipe on top, most likely. Well, I'll look for the doorway to the next area we're attacking. How do you want to handle this target?" He looks to Harriet. "Can you attach a timed charge to go off in our absence?"
Serenity‘ moves closer to Hughbert and The Plans to double check what exactly they were going to disable and destroy before actually doing anything that can’t be taken back.
Harriet: "Oh, yeah, absolutely." Harriet gets out one of her grenades and starts tinkering with it.
JayM: From the look of the blueprint of the factory, you want first to cut the flow of pipe labelled 1, otherwise whatever you do here is going to echo over to the civilian wares factory. You could sabotage it directly, or there's controls up in the control room to disconnect in case of emergencies. Afterwards you'd want to disable the generator in whatever creative way you want to
Hughbert: "Oh, I didn't mean could you, from a technical perspective, that was a given. I meant emphasis to be on your ability to attach it discreetly. We must avoid those two engineers up there noticing it."
Harriet reaches around on her belt and holds up a roll of fabric tape. "Sometimes you don't need to get too complicated."
Serenity: "Hmm… they're right next to the controls, lemme see if I can circle around and shut off some valves directly while she gets those charges ready.
Serenity‘ hands her rifle to Hughbert before slipping off.
JayM: Heading up, eh, Serenity?
Hughbert takes the rifle, stares at it, looks back at Serenity, looks back at the rifle, then looks back at Serenity again. "…Best of luck."
[OOC] Serenity: to the gerenerator directly, not towards the people
JayM: Oh, I see
JayM: Harriet how much damage do you want to cause?
Serenity` barely manages to keep herself from grumbling out loud when she gets up to the generator and climbs up it slightly and starts pulling on things, but you can defintiely tell she’s wearing her Annoyed Expression.
Harriet is planning on blasting a hole near the base, to cut off all the tubing coming in from the station and hopefully causing a knock-on effect to ignite the rest of the generator. But she's gonna wait for Serenity to disconnect it from the other factories, first.
JayM: That shouldn't be difficult. Serenity takes some time to do her magic, but after around one moment too long to feel comfortable you see the flow of the ragnite in the larger tubing slow down and finally stop and after a second the fluid level drops slightly- Disconnection should be complete
You hear some commotion up above
The explosives are already set at the base of the generator, you need to set a timer because you don't want to be anywhere near when they go off, but they're ready
Serenity‘ mimes hitting a pipe in Anton’s direction, then points in the direction opposite where they want to move to.
JayM: And the clock is ticking.
JayM: Unfortunately, unless you want to climb up where the engineers are your only way out is back to the train station
Harriet has taken care of that! It's rigged up with a spare pocketwatch to tick down the minutes.
Serenity‘ wait for Anton to make a noise distraction with one of his physical projectiles before slipping back to the group and towards the train station so as to avoid being here for the Boom.
Hughbert: "Hmmm… We’re going through the control room. We're going to incapacitate those engineers and leave them someplace outside the blast radius. I don't want unnecessary civilian casualties. Ready your weapons- we shouldn't need to fire yet, though."
Serenity: "Huh? Oh I guess…. that works too."
JayM: So heading on up, then? Cool
Hughbert hands Serenity her weapon back. "I'll take point. Harriet, you ought to know your explosions, Anton and I will haul them out to a safe radius, if you can identify one."
As you approach the control room, you hear the two engineers discussing "Mike, the interfactory tube just went down to zero pressure! We have to-" "Rowan I don't care, the boss called for an all-hands meeting. Do you still want your job or not?!" "Do you know what-" "He doesn't care about the civvie factory, he isn't going to be bothered if it shuts down. He WILL be bothered if someone's missing"
JayM: The two of them are completely distracted with eachother, arguing. One wants to go to the damn meeting already, the other wants to stay and fix what Serenity just did
Serenity‘ gives Hughbert a questioning look.
Amal scrambles up walking next to Harriet. They’d been staying out of sight until now, or something.
Hughbert stops at the door and signals for the team to hold. "(Serenity. Can you make their comm system talk? If they have one. Perhaps make them hustle.)"
Serenity: "(… That's a good question. Sec.)" She pokes her head into the room for a half second to see what she's working with, then leans back against the wall and pokes at things with her other senses.
Serenity‘ rocks her head back and forth a few times with her eyes still closed, then starts absently tapping on her leg with a finger.
Though it requires some focus, Serenity can get something through for Hughbert. The speaker comes live with static, there’s some terrible screeching for a moment like the damn thing's dieing and then some heavily distorted voice picks up, it soundsd like someone's cursing through a wave of static and then the voice is drowned by the staic again
JayM: "Oh great now we have another leak in the intercomm" says one of the engineers, the one that was bothering to want to stay and repair, as he goes to check on the intercomm to try to get it working
JayM: "They're probably calling us up right now you know…"
JayM: "Can it, man, help me get the squelch set right on this thing"
Serenity‘ does it again, but this time louder.
Hughbert: "(Damn it, man, why must you be dutiful right now!)" Hughbert keeps himself out of sight for a moment longer.
Harriet just gives Hughbert a deadpan look, as if to call the kettle black.
Both engineers recoil "Goddess above, what’s up with it" says the dutiful one "Dude, look, how about we get Helena on the way back from the meeting, then? Whatever's going on we're not going to fix on our own"
The other engineer sighs "Goddess damn it all, fine!" he throws his arms up "Ugh, I wish he hadn't taken over he's so bad at managing an actual factory" he says, heading towards a door at the back of the control room "Juuuust don't let anyone hear you say that" his partner says, following
Harriet breathes a sigh of relief, and says once they're clear: "They should be okay so long as they stay at the meeting for a bit. The explosion should be pretty self-contained, unless they've done something really dumb with their tubing."
Amal manages to hold back a giggle. Stealth missions!
Serenity‘ waits a minute, before opening her eyes and letting out a breath. "Guah that was… weird."
Serenity: "Also naw the set up is actually really fucking optimized so."
Harriet: "Oh good, so they’re not stupid, that's a relief."
Hughbert pats Serenity on the shoulder. "Well done. If you need a moment to catch your breath, take it. We can move on when you're ready."
Serenity: "Different muscles, I'm good. Can rest when we're not in the blast radius."
Harriet: "Yeah, like, ticking bomb, right down there."
Hughbert pushes the door open gently and enters the room. "Right, then. Unless there's something of interest to take with us, let's keep moving."
Serenity‘ nods, passing through.
Harriet follows Hughbert! He knows about this sort of mission.
Hustle it is, then. It doesn’t takes much to get away from the blast radius- The engineers are definitely taking their sweet time heading all the way to the end of the corridor out of the control room and into an… Elevator, that they take up. You weren't quite 100% expecting that, you're still a little too close to the blast radius to be safe. Unless, of course, you're Harriet. Because Harriet definitely doesn't looks perturbed by this close. There's no time to find the stairwell (because there is one), as the explosives go off… The sound rings and echoes terrifyingly in the enclosed chambers shaking the ground, and you watch as the tubes in the walls, enclosed in thick glass, start glowing brighter and eventually melt or straight up explode- The tubes are divided in segments and you watch as each segment goes off one after the other, scattering glass like shrapnel like they do so but- Once the ones in the middle of the corridor go off there's a resounding noise of metal being crushed and… The explosions just stop
JayM: The igniting ragnite being cut off not even a hundred meters away from the generator
JayM: I'll be honest, none of you ever saw a system capable of that, ragnite igniting on it's town piping has been the bane of every single force gear ever, so this is definitely a first for this kind of safety system
JayM: Mind, now the elevator's out of comission- But at least the lights on the stairwell use batteries
Harriet: "That was so cool."
Serenity‘ glances down the hallway, then at harriet. "I am glad you are good at mental math."
Harriet grins. "I’m pretty great, it's true."
Hughbert waits for the blast to die out before he lowers his arms- at some point, he shielded himself with them- before shaking his head and pulling himself together. "Good. Now let's not delay. We should be good taking…" Hughbert glances at the doorways and compares it to his mental image of the map. "This door."
Amal: "…wow, okay, that was amazing."
Hughbert can easily guide you to the next step, the small arms division. Boy you'd expect it to be entirely offline at this stage- But it isn't. You arrive to the bright crimson glow of molten metal, this production area seems to be in charge of producing both firearms and melee weapons and, according to a glowing display it's running on emergency mode (a singular lamp, glass bent and styled into the word "Emergency" ).
The small arms division is quite a massive operation and it's in the first floor, though the conveyor bringing along the metal rolls has stopped you can still see an automated arm loading a roll into a machine that unrolls it and using a giant heavy blade cuts it into smaller fragments, which are then molten using a force gear furnace. The metal is then passed along in large buckets to… It's such a strange machine you can't quite ascertain how it works, it's almost a rube goldberg nightmare as you try to follow what each part does but in essence, it pours the metal into a mold and out of it comes a rifle- Somehow, somehow in a single pour of metal the entire rifle, except for the smallest moving parts, is made rather than having to be made out of various smaller parts
Not to say the blades, which are generally smaller CQC blades designed as sidearms for gunners rather than for melee specialists, which seem to come out out of the machinery already sharp even, despite the fact they're still glowing hot
Harriet: "Holy shit."
Serenity: "I agree, this machine definitely shouldn't exist."
Harriet: "So we're definitely blowing it up, right?"
Amal: "What the… wow. Even I never came up with anything this ridiculous."
Serenity: "Oh yeah."
There's a large control room that takes the entire wall on that side, and the room isn't large for no reason- The glass panes on it's walls let you see the absolute nightmare of gears and moving parts of the complex system that seems to… Almost, almost intelligently adjust the production process as needed. It'd take any person months to try to break down and understand what each part does
Hughbert: "Goddess. That's a fascinating device. Find a properly interesting piece of rubble, and I will gladly haul it out of here if you'd be so kind as to share the research data afterwards."
Serenity: "Yeah,"
Harriet: "Man, if I had my way, I'd just steal this entire assembly, but I don't think we can steal a car big enough for that."
Serenity: "This would be really cool if it was making literally anything other than killing knives and durable rifles."
Harriet: "I mean, I think it's still pretty cool…"
Hughbert heads into the room- abandoned due to the meeting, right?- and picks up a bladed weapon off the assembly line. He tests the sharpness by slashing at part of the metal holding up the belt.
Amal: "I'm really sad we have to blow this up."
Serenity‘ gives Amal an incredulous look. "You, really?"
Amal: "Whoever built this was a genius! And it must have taken forever to calibrate this thing! But, I mean, yeah, they shoulda used it for somethin’ other than weapons…"
Serenity: "No arguement there."
JayM: But that's the weakness of a system working like precise clockwork like this, isn't it?
The blade cuts through the belt, in part due to it's sharpness, in part due to Hughbert's skill. The belt carrying finished weapons loses cohesion and spills all over, the unplanned disruption blocks the system output extremely strangely- The system isn't designed to not fail, but it's designed to fail in predictable ways, and to deal with them. This is beyond it's scope, the backup eventually makes all of it's way to the beginning of the line as the molten metal starts flooding the entire system
Harriet: "Oh my Goddess that's an amazing clusterfuck."
Serenity: "…"
JayM: I would suggest getting some distance before it spills on you- But soon it runs out of metal to pour, that transport belt's offline since the central power's gone, but not before the entire assembly machine has been welded into a block of metal
Serenity: "That was almost anticlimatically easy although I suppose it stands to reason anything that insanelt complex has a lot of fail states…."
Harriet does, in fact, step back.
Hughbert flips the knife around in his hand and slots it into a spare holster on his belt. "I assure you that was completely unintentional. However, I am fine with this result. Let's keep moving." Hughbert heads in approximately the right direction.
Serenity: "Oh Goddess it just keeps melting out. That's going to warp hilarious even aside from the giant clumps of metal grafted to it."
Serenity: "Yeah." Another few seconds to really take it all in, then following.
Harriet grabs an interesting-looking part from a less melted part of the assembly, and hurries along.
Hughbert: "Good knife, I must say, though. I am surprised something produced so quickly is so well-balanced."
Serenity: "I'm personally kind of morbidly curious how they get the rifling inside of the gun barrels with the way this is set up, or if they're designed to be wind magic guided, but."
Amal: "Ahahahaha wow that was amazing. I love it."
And the final stage- The heavy vechile assembly. The corridors are as empty as you'd expect, they're all in that meeting obviously.
The assembly is more an assembly than a production facility, you see parts arriving through conveyor belts, transport hooks and elevators around the room (all dead and without power), and despite the fact that it's also running on emergency power it still works. Six assembly pads, wherein a large variety of mechanical arms and tool arms are arrayed around, with scaffolding around them, of them only one is busy at the moment:
The strange base of a vehicle, though it has threads ten great spider-like legs are folded neatly on it ready to be deployed for whatever siniest usage it might have "I knew it" you hear a familiar voice, it's the same dutiful engineer from before, looking at you down from the top of the scaffolding, his friend is with him as well as someone else who's armed with a rifle "I knew shit was breaking down for a reason!" he jumps off the scaffolding into- There's a piece descending into the base that's in place, he jumps into the top of the tank that is lowered into the base, the mechanical arms attach it with ease (doesn't even needs welding, what an interesting modular design) as he jumps into the controls. His friend panicks as he makes it to the stairs of the scaffolding to go down while the soldier they were with likewise jumps on top of the tank as it's being assembled "Why'd you have to show up now of all times? Still, you're not making it out of here alive" they say
JayM: Battle order: Serenity [B]:0 Amal [F]:1 Prototype Tank Allegro [F]:1 Harriet [B]:3 Anton [B]:3 Hughbert [F]:3 Bombchu A [B]:4 Bombchu B [B]:4 Field Engineer [B]:4 Musketeer [B]:5
JayM: Status for Prototype Tank Allegro [F]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Musketeer [B]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Field Engineer [B]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Bombchu A [B]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Bombchu B [B]: : [==========]
Seems like not everyone was away at the meeting, after all. [https://youtu.be/oSRHhdkj2-8]
Harriet: "Wait, no, holy shit, back up a second, did you just like… jump down an active assembly line… what the hell kind of engineer are you?"
JayM: Serenity!
JayM: "A pissed off one!" his voice echoes from inside the tank
Harriet: "Seriously, though!"
Amal: "Hahahaha, you're pretty great. Don't worry, we'll try our best not to kill you!"
Serenity: "I mean… you can think that but you're definitely wrong." Serenity holds a hand out in front of herself and begins to concentrate as cracks starts randomly appearing in the air around the tank. [50D] [Cross-Dimensional Beam @20D]
The soldier scoops two things out of his pocket- Small rodents much like ferrets, except for the stranger concerous growths on their backs, and they quickly jump off of his pocket and scurry around
Anton: "Oh hey, Ferrets!"
Anton: "Remember those?" He grins.
JayM: Battle order: Anton [B]:-8 Amal [F]:0 Prototype Tank Allegro [F]:0 Harriet [B]:2 Hughbert [F]:2 Bombchu A [B]:3 Bombchu B [B]:3 Field Engineer [B]:3 Musketeer [B]:4 Serenity [B]:49
JayM: Appended
Amal: "Aw they're still adorable and creepy!"
Harriet: "Ugh, gross, exploding rats."
Serenity‘ also made a Blood Ragnite Pillar appear, too. [-1HP]
Anton has a dopey looking grin on his face as he watches the Ferrets. [Intan - 30D]
The engineer that just finished climbing down looks as magic begins to happen "Dammit, dammit… Why’d you have to show up right now. Damn Mike why did you have to look into things, I don't wanna deal with this"
JayM: Amal!
Amal goes for the good stuff [HQ Goods] and then tosses the [Dragon Dust] all over the Allegro Tank! [D40]
The tank lowers it's singular main cannon as low as it gets as two openings on it's sides start glowing [Wide Barrier]
JayM: Battle order: Harriet [B]:0 Hughbert [F]:0 Bombchu A [B]:1 Bombchu B [B]:1 Field Engineer [B]:1 Musketeer [B]:2 Prototype Tank Allegro [F]:18 Anton [B]:20 Amal [F]:38 Serenity [B]:47
JayM: Harriet!
Anton scratches his head. "Uh… that's an interesting possibility."
Harriet picks up her calotype - remember that? - and focuses it in on the tank. "Say… fuzzy pickles!" [Scan, 30D]
Anton: "Oi, Serenity!"
Anton: "Those Bombchu's have a neat attack that lets them deal damage equal to the amount of damage dealt to their entire party. If you blow up that tank they're going to get dangerous."
JayM: Pretty Pictures :D
JayM: Hughbert!
Serenity: "Too late now."
Harriet: "Let's see… it's Medium-shielded, and it's got magic defense on top of that. It's gonna help defend the soldiers while it's around. And it's gonna be hard to get any quick attacks off while it's in the way, too. Oh, and if that's not enough, it's got gigantic health and it regens when its health gets low."
Hughbert kicks his force gear into life and steps forward, creating an air curtain behind him. "You're quite welcome for manufacturing false urgency to get you out of the blast radius of the reactor. We are to avoid civilian casualties on this mission, but if you open fire, we will be forced to make an exception." [Compressed Curtain, 30D, and]
Hughbert judges about where he would put the ragnite storage on the tank and flings the Scorpion Mine around there. [Marked for (4)]
Harriet: "Oh, and it looks like it's designed around the Stattaco armored vehicle line. What would you call this, a Guardian Platform?"
The bombchus are rodents, and they do as rodents do and hit with a [Rabid Bite], one hits Hughbert and one hits Harriet!
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 60, 96 ( Total: 156 )
Amal: "Wow, what a pain."
JayM rolled 1d8+36 and got 1 ( Total: 37 )
JayM: Hitting Hughbert alone for [37] Physical damage!
Harriet: "Thanks, Hughbert!"
JayM: Battle order: Field Engineer [B]:0 Musketeer [B]:1 Cross-Dimensional Beam:16 Prototype Tank Allegro [F]:17 Anton [B]:19 Harriet [B]:29 Hughbert [F]:29 Amal [B]:37 Bombchu A [B]:40 Bombchu B [B]:40 Serenity [B]:46
JayM: ahem
JayM: Now with more beam
The engineer on foot pulls out what looks like a battery pack and presses a button on it [Barrier Charge]
The Musketeer then picks up the single grenade he carries and primes it, tossing in the middle of the battlefield [Dual Purpose Bomb]
And just before the energy beam goes off the Field Engineer's device is fully charged, he attaches it on the tank's side granting it Energize(4), +30% damage dealt, and Barrier[60](4), -60 damage taken
JayM: Battle order: Cross-Dimensional Beam:0 Prototype Tank Allegro [F]:1 Anton [B]:3 Harriet [B]:13 Hughbert [F]:13 Amal [B]:21 Bombchu A [B]:24 Bombchu B [B]:24 Field Engineer [B]:24 Serenity [B]:30 Musketeer [B]:35
JayM: Status for Prototype Tank Allegro [F]: : [==========] Dragon Dust[+100%](2) Scorpion Mine[+50%](4) Energize[+30%](4) Barrier[-60](4)
JayM: Status for Musketeer [B]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Field Engineer [B]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Bombchu A [B]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Bombchu B [B]: : [==========]
JayM: Now, fire!
Serenity‘ rolled d100 and got 44 ( Total: 44 ) for repeat check since lol
Serenity` rolled d12+600,240% and got 5 ( Total: 1452.0 )
Harriet takes the photograph of the tank, and tears it in two. The chemical reaction catches, sparks, and the photograph is obliterated! [+50% damage]
Math: (605*2.9) = 1754.5
Serenity` raises her arms up in front of her face as the cracks in the air enlarge into a full blown tear in time/space and energy begins to pour out from it into the tank in a very localized fashion.
Anton: "I’m honestly surprised that works every time. You'd think they'd cleanse the dust or something."
Serenity: "It almost wore off, to be fair."
Just as Serenity's beam impacts a silvery shield appears over the Allegro as it's [Repulsive Field] activates, the beam refracts badly, though it still strikes the tank the other half diverts back towards the party striking Serenity for [1724] damage reflected back
Anton jumps in front of Serenity and takes the hit. Only he activates his own [Repulsive Field - Imitate Quick]
JayM: This is a battle of mirrors, what a twist
JayM: The refracted beam is reflected back instead doubling the intensity of the strike!
The tank takes severe damage as there is more than enough energy flying around cause it's armor to crack and shatter in places "What the hell is going on" says the confused engineer
Harriet: "We're basically the heroes, get out of our way or prepare to put up with at most five more minutes of this bullshit before you all die."
Anton: "We really shouldn't be killing everyone, though…" He whines quietly.
The Allegro is done charging it's effect and finally manages to deploy a translucent [Wide Barrier] a little too late to shield itself, granting Barrier [-65](2) to it's allies except for the bombchus
Harriet leans over to Amal, whispers. "(So, like… I'm seeing damage reflected onto Serenity, which is then taken by Hughbert, but reflected by Anton back to the tank. Is that really what just went on there?)"
Serenity: "If a giant metal combat vehicle catastrophically fails that's kind of on them though."
Hughbert maximizes output to his force gear field once he sees the reflection bounce! [-40% shields, 620 damage after DF and shield]
Anton leaves a copy of himself by Serenity from the block since he has a guard assist upgrade and forgot it existed. [Serenity takes 2/5 damage from the next attack she's hit by]
JayM: Battle order: Anton [B]:0 Harriet [B]:10 Hughbert [F]:10 Amal [B]:18 Bombchu A [B]:21 Bombchu B [B]:21 Field Engineer [B]:21 Serenity [B]:27 Prototype Tank Allegro [F]:28 Musketeer [B]:32
JayM: Status for Prototype Tank Allegro [F]: : [==== ] Energize[+30%](3) Barrier[-60](3) Barrier[-65](1)
JayM: Status for Musketeer [B]: : [==========] Barrier[-65](2)
JayM: Status for Field Engineer [B]: : [==========] Barrier[-65](2)
JayM: Status for Bombchu A [B]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Bombchu B [B]: : [==========]
JayM: Anton!
Harriet: "Okay, okay, Anton, just because that was really fucking hardcore I will do my best not to kill these morons."
Amal: "(Hahahaha, yeah, that was… totally absurd…)"
[OOC] Hughbert: HP: 452/700, tHP: 0, Stored: 329 MP: 600/600, LP: 5/6, SoS: 162
The soldier finally perks up "Well, curse my fate. Turns out it's you, the actual ones" the soldier sighs "For Akavir I guess" he sounds… Immensely annoyed
Anton grins at Harriet. "Sure thing. In the meanwhile…" He snaps his fingers and a copy of Serenity appears on the field. [Motion Blur -> Cross Dimensional Beam | Disaster]
[OOC] Anton: 50D for image
[OOC] Anton: And Anton
JayM: Hold on that was a lot of time card fuckery.
JayM: 50D for the image to cast the beam (and another 20D for it to go off) and then 50D on Anton, right?
[OOC] Anton: The time for it to go off isn't determined until 50D is over
[OOC] Anton: I can choose to make it longer
JayM: Right
JayM: Shadows abound, what a beauty
JayM: Harriet!
Harriet flicks a few switches on her ECC, and starts spinning it up. [CT20]
JayM: Battle order: Hughbert [F]:0 Amal [B]:8 Bombchu A [B]:11 Bombchu B [B]:11 Field Engineer [B]:11 Serenity [B]:17 Prototype Tank Allegro [F]:18 Harriet [B]:20 Musketeer [B]:22 Anton [B]:40 S-Serenity [F]:40
JayM: Status for Prototype Tank Allegro [F]: : [==== ] Energize[+30%](3) Barrier[-60](3) Barrier[-65](1)
JayM: Status for Musketeer [B]: : [==========] Barrier[-65](2)
JayM: Status for Field Engineer [B]: : [==========] Barrier[-65](2)
JayM: Status for Bombchu A [B]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Bombchu B [B]: : [==========]
JayM: Hughbert!
Hughbert releases his DCRFG, inverting part of it to recover from that last awful reflection! "Ouch. I'm going to feel that one…" [DCRFG Inversion, Serenity Anton Amal and Harriet take 82 damage from distribution]
Hughbert rolled 1d10+96 and got 1 ( Total: 97 )
Amal: "Hehehe. If it helps we're sort of doing everything we're doing for Akavir too! It'll turn out okay no matter what!"
Hughbert flings his weapon back into his barrier! It, once again, rumbles with an ominous dark glow and a golden outline… [G-Curtain, 30D]
JayM: And now for Amal's action!
Soldier: "Sure, sure. I'm not here to argue, and i'll behonest I don't even think we have a chance here. But hey, that guy's pissed off and i've a duty to fulfill, so… Let's just get on with this, okay?"
[OOC] Hughbert: HP: 549/700, tHP: 0, Stored: 0, MP: 600/600, LP: 5/6, SoS: 162, I might be good on HP but who knows if those mice will behave
Amal: "Hehe, I like your style!"
Amal starts charging a [Double Cure D20]; someone will probably need it by then.
Both Bombchus start shaking and quivering [Self-Detonate]
Meanwhile, the Field Engineer takes a moment to fiddle with one thing on the soldier's rifle setting it up wit ha [Gear Accelerator] granting Recharging(4), recover 1 LP each turn
And the Musketeer's grenade goes off exactly now
JayM rolled 1d12+120 and got 6 ( Total: 126 )
JayM: Dealing [126] Magical damage to the entire party
JayM: As well as healing [80] to their own party
Hughbert swats the burst away with the hand his force gear is attached to. The energy is sucked into the curtain, and never seen again. [G-Curtain Negated]
JayM: Battle order: Serenity [B]:0 Prototype Tank Allegro [F]:1 Harriet [B]:3 Musketeer [B]:4 Amal [B]:11 Hughbert [F]:13 Anton [B]:23 S-Serenity [F]:23 Bombchu A [B]:34 Bombchu B [B]:34 Field Engineer [B]:34
JayM: Status for Prototype Tank Allegro [F]: : [==== ] Energize[+30%](3) Barrier[-60](3) Barrier[-65](1)
JayM: Status for Musketeer [B]: : [==========] Barrier[-65](1)
JayM: Status for Field Engineer [B]: : [==========] Barrier[-65](1)
JayM: Status for Bombchu A [B]: : [==========]
JayM: Status for Bombchu B [B]: : [==========]
JayM: Serenity!
Serenity: "I guess I could get in on that, too." Serenity swings her rifle around before firing into the air above the enemy group, creating a small yellow mote. [50D] [Storm Bombing @60D]
JayM: Battle order: Prototype Tank Allegro [F]:0 Harriet [B]:2 Musketeer [B]:3 Amal [B]:10 Hughbert [F]:12 Anton [B]:22 S-Serenity [F]:22 Bombchu A [B]:33 Bombchu B [B]:33 Field Engineer [B]:33 Serenity [B]:49 Storm Bombing:59
JayM: Init list just getting bigger and bigger
Something you haven't noticed until now, a small gun of strange make in front of the tank turns and aims at Serenity. It doesn't fires a bullet of any sort, instead of fires a glob of some green substance at her [Gel Shell]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 )
It veers off-target by a wide margin
JayM: Harriet!
Serenity‘ watches it travel with her eyes as Hughbert’s barrier send it flying into a wall.
Serenity: "…Okay then!"
Harriet cranks her cannon, and swings it around at Bumbchu A! [Atom Smasher, 35D]
Harriet rolled d12+240 and got 10 ( Total: 250.0 )
The electricity strikes at the Bombchu and it explodes into a [Volatile Reaction]!
The entire battlefield takes [250] damage and that triggers the other bombchu's own [Volatile Reaction] striking the entire battlefield for yet another [250] damage. In the aftermath both bombchus are down
Amal: "EEP."
JayM: Battle order: Musketeer [B]:0 Amal [B]:7 Hughbert [F]:9 Anton [B]:19 S-Serenity [F]:19 Field Engineer [B]:30 Harriet [B]:34 Serenity [B]:46 Storm Bombing:56 Prototype Tank Allegro [F]:57
JayM: Status for Prototype Tank Allegro [F]: : [=== ] Energize[+30%](2) Barrier[-60](2)
JayM: Status for Musketeer [B]: : [====== ] Barrier[-65](1) Recharging(3)
JayM: Status for Field Engineer [B]: : [========= ] Barrier[-65](1)
JayM: Status for Bombchu A [B]: : [-KO-]
JayM: Status for Bombchu B [B]: : [-KO-]
The Musketeer turns his rifle towards Harriet "Those things hurt, you know that?" and fires a powerful [Pinning Shot] at her
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 47 ( Total: 47 ) for 80
Serenity: "This is why we always travel with a Hughbert."
JayM rolled 1d12+126,80 and got 5 ( Total: 104.80000000000001 )
The bullet strikes her for [104] damage and with sufficient force to slam her on the ground, making her Pinned(3), rolls against her have -20
JayM: Amal!
Harriet: "Hey, you're the one who deployed the exploding rats!"
Harriet: "This is your fault!"
Amal cures Hughbert and then… uh… Harriet! Why not. [Double Cure D35]
Amal rolled d10+150 and got 8 ( Total: 158 )
Soldier: "Obviously. It's called a deterrent. You friend seems to have known what they'd do, I didn't expect you to go for it"
JayM: Hughert, your turn!
Harriet: "It's the scientific method!"
Harriet definitely used her shield charges against the exploding meerkats, by the way.
Hughbert also got in the way of one of of the rodents and Amal! [As Tough As the Mountains, everyone heals 40 HP]
JayM: That is a lot of mitigation that just happened
JayM: Still your action, Hughbert
Hughbert reaches back at his curtain and yanks it! It leaps into his hand, and, forming a blade while still attached to the curtain, he swings the entire curtain and cleaves the air, slicing a vacuum to disperse the explosion! [-5LP] He returns the blade to the curtain, though the curtain brightens back to shimmering air… [30D]
[OOC] Hughbert: HP: 297/700, tHP: 0, Stored: 0, MP: 600/600, LP: 0/6, SoS: 162
JayM: Anton!
JayM: Also, Shadow Serenity
Harriet: "So like, we're all on the record as thinking Hughbert is super cool, right?"
Amal: "Woah, Hughbert…"
Anton takes a deep breath. [Prophecy - 40D]
Anton rolled 2d6 and got 1, 1 ( Total: 2 )
[OOC] Anton: Destruction on Serenity Image. Image fires a shot for 20D
[OOC] Anton: Refreshing Imitate
JayM: Alright, then. Sounds like we're ready for another giant nuke incoming
JayM: Battle order: Field Engineer [B]:0 Harriet [B]:4 Hughbert [F]:9 Cross-Dimensional Beam:9 Amal [B]:12 Serenity [B]:16 Storm Bombing:26 Prototype Tank Allegro [F]:27 Anton [B]:29 Musketeer [B]:30
JayM: Status for Prototype Tank Allegro [F]: : [=== ] Energize[+30%](2) Barrier[-60](2)
JayM: Status for Musketeer [B]: : [====== ] Recharging(2)
JayM: Status for Field Engineer [B]: : [========= ] Barrier[-65](1)
JayM: Status for Bombchu A [B]: : [-KO-]
JayM: Status for Bombchu B [B]: : [-KO-]
The Field Engineer winces "Why did you drag me into this" he whines, he tosses a wire to the Musketeer and connects another to the now-exposed engine of the tank and with the turn of a knob on his own force gear he prepared to [Redline]
JayM: Battle order: Harriet [B]:0 Hughbert [F]:5 Cross-Dimensional Beam:5 Field Engineer [B]:6 Amal [B]:8 Serenity [B]:12 Storm Bombing:22 Prototype Tank Allegro [F]:23 Anton [B]:25 Musketeer [B]:26
JayM: Harriet!
Harriet starts charging up a quick blast. [CT5]
JayM: Goes off immediatelly, or after Hughbert, whichever's best
[OOC] Harriet: After Hughbert!
Hughbert drops the barrier and takes up his blade. "Against my better judgment, I am leaving the option of surrender on the table, you know." His force gear locks on to the wire's field and his blade cuts straight through it, caring not if the engineer is in the way! [Speartip Formation + Supply Disruption, 50D]
Hughbert rolled 1d100 and got 73 ( Total: 73 )
JayM: Sounds like a hit to me
Hughbert rolled 1d10+180,150 and got 2 ( Total: 273.0 )
Serenity‘ snaps her fingers as the tip of Hughert’s blade explodes as it pierces through. [Attack Assist copies sit mods]
Serenity‘ rolled d12+180,200% and got 4 ( Total: 368.0 ) for and +20 more from bonuses.
The engineer is far too close to the Allegro, and it hits the tank instead! [Impassable Terrain]
JayM: HArriet!
JayM: Battle order: Harriet [B]:0 Cross-Dimensional Beam:0 Field Engineer [B]:1 Amal [B]:3 Serenity [B]:7 Storm Bombing:17 Prototype Tank Allegro [F]:18 Anton [B]:20 Musketeer [B]:21 Hughbert [F]:50
JayM: Status for Prototype Tank Allegro [F]: : [=== ] Energize[+30%](2) Barrier[-60](2)
JayM: Status for Musketeer [B]: : [====== ] Recharging(2)
JayM: Status for Field Engineer [B]: : [======== ] Barrier[-65](1)
[OOC] Harriet: What’s the position of the soldier relative to the tank?
JayM: Standing on top of it, actually
[OOC] Hughbert: Also, all damaging abilities used on the tank are sped up by -10D for (2) !
JayM: Which is rather silly but this guy has ran out of fucks to give
[OOC] Hughbert: *on the engineer
Harriet swings her ECC over to the Field Engineer, and discharges a blast of electricity. [Jolt, 25D]
Harriet rolled 1d12+180*1.2 and got 8 ( Total: 224.0 )
JayM: And the engineer is hit hard!
JayM: I do believe the time card goes off first
The Serenity Image fades away as a [Cross-Dimensional Beam] hits the entire enemy party.
JayM: Battle order: Field Engineer [B]:0 Amal [B]:3 Serenity [B]:7 Harriet [B]:15 Storm Bombing:17 Prototype Tank Allegro [F]:18 Anton [B]:20 Musketeer [B]:21 Hughbert [F]:50
JayM: Just updated
Anton rolled d12*1.4+600*1.4 and got 6 ( Total: 848.4 ) for Group damage
The copied beam bomber delivers massive damage to the remaining enemies. The soldier, however, is rather quick on his foot and rolls behind the tank letting it take most of the blast "You know this is quite useless" he looks at the engineer out of the tank "Do you think you can talk your friend down?"
Engineer: "They messed with the generator I ddon't think I can"
Anton seems to be focusing on something.
Soldier: "They offered the option to surrender, though. I suggest you take it, if what I heard is true"
Engineer: "Do you really believe them?"
Serenity: "Emergency shut off valve and disconnected the main line, by the by. The generator's fine if that actually makes a difference."
Serenity: "Pipes not so much…"
Soldier: "After what happened to your boss' kid? Yeah I do. Just get outta here"
Hughbert: "And we orchestrated a distraction to encourage you to get away from the generator moments before our explosive went off. Which you are quite welcome for."
The engineer looks apprehensive "So, uhn… Is it okay if I just… Let you go?"
Amal: "Honestly it's kinda fun being able to cause some property damage! We've been really good lately~." There's something -unnervingly- singsong about their voice. "it'd still be better if we could be sure we aren't putting any of you in harm's way, though, hehe."
Tank Engineer: "Do you know how much a problem it's going to be to fix that? Everything's going to hell down here and now we have you!"
Harriet: "Dude, I'm an engineer, I know a thing or two about shit blowing up."
JayM: The Soldier's out of the fight, if you allow, the Field Engineer is going to retreat. Are you going to?
Harriet: "Sorry it had to be your junk, but we're kind of trying to save the world here."
Harriet isn't gonna fight him.
Engineer: "Listen dude i'm not staying to fight i'm not a fighter so- You wanna get your ass kicked your choice, i'm out"
Amal: "Hehe, it's okay. Figure out schematics for beating your swords into plowshares, guys, have 'em ready and you'll totally get the next promotion."
JayM: Battle order: Amal [B]:0 Serenity [B]:4 Harriet [B]:12 Storm Bombing:14 Prototype Tank Allegro [F]:15 Anton [B]:17 Hughbert [F]:47
JayM: Status for Prototype Tank Allegro [F]: : [= ] Energize[+30%](2) Barrier[-60](2)
Tank Engineer: "Oh… Hell with you all!"
JayM: Amal!
Harriet: "Is he seriously gonna stay in that… ugh, you'd think he knows what happens in one of those things when they go up."
The soldier's safely hiding behind the tank for now "These guys need to learn to keep their chill… Wrath makes you quite dumb"
Hughbert: "We have every intention of offering our help to rebuild whatever must be rebuilt. You very likely would not accept such an olive branch at this time, however… So… You understand what we must do."
Serenity: "I'm not rebuilding that weird ass warmachine after we scrap it though."
Hughbert: "Listen. Here's your alibi. We'll take you with us a mile out of the base. You resisted to the best of your ability, surrendered, and were taken as hostages. We will treat your wounds, we genuinely hold no malice towards you, just do not throw your lives away."
[OOC] Amal: Sorry, hang on ><
You hear the soldier sigh loudly. At this point the tank turns it's goop-shooter at you but- It just fails "What?" you hear the engineer inside confused. Something comes flying from behind the tank- A piece of tubing? "Take their kindness you goddamn idiot" you hear the soldier
JayM: … Whatever he did, the tank seems to have lost power
[OOC] JayM: Not going to ddrag this out over 300 health
Harriet: "Oh thank Goddess that was going to be really messy."
Serenity: "Uhhh… Hm."
Harriet: "So we're done?"
Hughbert climbs up the hunk of metal and starts undoing the latch. Once he pops it open, he shouts, "Hands where I can see them," and climbs down to apprehend the engineer.
Serenity‘ squints up at the air, firing a few times as the direction of the mote which grows slightly, before collapsing in on itself.
Soldier: "Just so you’re aware, after this mess you bet there's a whole regiment of the defense force out there"
Serenity: "Looks like."
Serenity: "It's cool they were already trying to develop specific weapons just to count us individually,"
Serenity: "The entire army's been after us for a while."
Harriet: "Yeah, we're kind of a big deal."
The engineer is definitely incredibly angry, to the point of tears. He isn't going to get himself killed but if you give a chance he's going to struggle
Soldier: "Figured…" you hear him wince "Dunno how you can just operate on that level, I wouldn't have the spirit to do what you do"
Serenity: "The other option is everyone on the continent dies, so." Serenity rolls a shrug.
Harriet: "For some reason the people in charge of your country aren't so hot on this whole 'saving the world' idea. To be fair, a lot of people are pulling strings back there."
Amal rolls his eyes and aims very specific healing - but also /becalming/ - magic at the engineer. Just enough that Hughbert can wrestle him out without spending forever on it. "Not sure whether to put you up for a commendation for bravery, or…"
Hughbert sighs, shuts down his force gear, and raises his fists. He waits for the engineer to throw the first blow, then grabs his arm and pulls on it. The engineer's head meets with the periscope, and like that, he slumbers. Hughbert secures his arms with a zip tie and hauls him out.
JayM: Engineer's not going tobe a problem anytime soon
Soldier: "Yeah, yeah. Excess of coincidences lately. Everyone just wants to do their thing. Ugh, what a pain…"
Serenity: "Anyway for what it's worth we went out of out way to not harm stuff on the civilian, actually-used-for-living side of facility…"
Serenity: "…gunna take a while to get the war supply line back up though."
Soldier: "Figured that was your mission"
Hughbert: "Are there any other roadworthy vehicles on this line?" Hughbert looks over to Harriet and Serenity, before moving to do standard procedure and tie the other two as well.
Harriet goes and investigates!
Serenity‘ goes to check from the other side.
Once you go check back there, you’ll find out that the soldier is laying against the tank, he definitely did a passable job of keeping all his bleeding in check but he's definitely in no fighting condition, though somehow he looks more exhausted than he does in pain or anything else
JayM: Roadworthy vehicles? No complete ones, but… If the connectors on this wheeled base and this transport module are as you think they are…
Serenity: "I found exactly HALF of one."
JayM: You can finish assembling something similar to a light armored car, fast enough for a getaway, you can't be sure how far it'll go, though
Harriet: "I found another half! Let's see if they fit!"
Amal: "…you two are nuts."
Serenity: "It's almost like it's…. FATE…!" Serenity wiggles her fingers in Amal's direction while rolling a frame over to Harriet.
Harriet: "That's a weird way of saying brilliant, Amal, is that some weird nth-dimensional slang?"
Hughbert waves over Amal to stabilize our guests! "I truly hope that works."
Amal gigglesnorts at Serenity whilst applying healing sparkles.
Harriet gets to work on assembling a car with Serenity, making sure to optimise for speed.
JayM: That's a good moment to marvel at the type of modular design those vehicles are made with, checking back with the tank just here you realize you could easily have put the cannon module on the wheeled base with no problems, or set the transport module on the track/spiderleg base, or even combine the cannon and transport modules and multiple bases for a quite stable if not excessively large armored vehicle
JayM: It's almost like playing with blocks, really, but there's one weakness in this design. The power sources and drives will invariably need fine-tuning after assembly, while the factory defaults are sufficient they're easily a 40% loss in capacity. Unfortunately Harriet's tools aren'
JayM: Unfortunately Harriet's tools aren't capable of doing the job of finetuning, whenever you make an adjustment it always goes too far one way or another- Thankfully this IS a workshop so you can scavenge a set of suitable tools here- You've never seen a screwdriver like this one, due to both it's design and a type of mechanism in it you can control precisely how much torque you put and how much of your own turn it actually does turn so you can have precise control. Not to mention you can just turn on a small engine in it and it does the whole job for you
Serenity: "These would be fun toys."
JayM: Both with a patchwork vehicle and a new set of high precision tools you're ready for an escape
Harriet definitely puts those tools in the boot before she piles in. They're hers now.
JayM: Who's taking the wheel?
Serenity‘ will drive off once their ready, since Anton’s going to be finding them good escape routes! :D
JayM: Ah, yes
JayM: Driving off from here, now that'll be an adventure won't it?
Amal: "Ahahahaha. Taking bets on how many worldlines this falls apart in the middle of."
Serenity: "Sixteen."
Harriet: "Oh no, it's definitely more like twenty five."
Amal: "I'll tell you how many times I had to reload once we get there."
Anton grins. "Y'know, we could make this complicated but you have really good odds of just driving past five tanks out the front door."
Serenity: "Stands to reason, no one in charge has any idea what the hell's going on yet."
Amal: "Hehehe. Let's make a good first impression!"
JayM: Off the front door, you say? It's simple to get there, there's an elevator here that gets you down to that level…
You hear shouting outside as you drive closer- Knwoing what awaits you, five tanks, you know you only have one chance to get this right (yeah right but still) so you need to go all in. Accelerating to maximum you burst right through the front door- Without knowing what to expect the defensive like that's formed (five tanks and around twenty five soldiers) doesn't have time to react to you and you quickly weave past the first two tanks, soldiers who were in your path diving out of the way. The last three have enough presence of mind to start moving ato try and block you, but you outspeed them greatly and Serenity gets right through in a tight spot between two of them before they close you off
JayM: Where are you going to stop, though?
JayM: There is certainly a destination
JayM: I don't believe now is the time to consider that, however
JayM: And this is a good spot to end
JayM: That would be [+22] XP
[OOC] Amal: NO ONE STOPS, JULIAN
JayM: There is no getting offa this train
JayM: Or car as the case may be

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License