Gmm31

JayM rolled 2#1d10+171(1) and got 6 ( Total: 177 )
Also rolled 2#1d10+171(2) and got 6 [Total: 177]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 354
Math: (177*0.8) = 141.6
JayM: Dealing [141]x2 Physical Melee damage
[OOC] Amal: Who… oh god. Serenity I assume you need heals.
[OOC] Hughbert: covering both, so 212 to me
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 26, 71 ( Total: 97 ) for 80
[OOC] Amal: Who needs heals? The world is a suppurating wound at this point and nobody's posting their damn HP.
Serenity‘ isn’t hit by one of those anyway. [-1LP]
[OOC] Anton: I'm at near full
[OOC] Hughbert: 106 then, sec
[OOC] Hughbert: HP: 256/700, Stored: 86, MP: 600/600, LP: 4/6, SoS: 162, Protect (3)
[OOC] Harriet: HP: 413/600, MP: 480/700, LP: 8/8, SoS: 150 - STracking - 20% (-),LEther 1, FEther 0, IEther 0 (-),+20% damage (4)
[OOC] Harriet: actually that last status should be 3, i'm good at things
Amal tosses healplz at Hughbert and ???, curing another [30] to Hughbert and Harriet. [D35]
Amal rolled d10+150 and got 7 ( Total: 157 )
JayM: Hughbert!
[OOC] Hughbert: inits please
JayM: Battle order: Hughbert [F]:0 Anton [B]:9 Black Blade [F]:28 Attack Dog B [F]:30 Amal [B]:35 Attack Dog A [F]:35 Black Shield [F]:39 Serenity [B]:45 Harriet [B]:46
[OOC] Hughbert: no enemies going for 28D, huh…
[OOC] Harriet: HP: 443/600, MP: 480/700, LP: 8/8, SoS: 150 - STracking - 20% (-),LEther 1, FEther 0, IEther 0 (-),+20% damage (3)
[OOC] Amal: HP: 345/550, MP: 222/550, LP: 9/9, SoS: 137
[OOC] Serenity: HP: 500/500, MP: 400/600, LP: 6/7, SoS: 125
Hughbert disperses his force gear's controlled damage and takes a breather, delaying his next move. He messes with some knobs and some switches on the mess of tubing and boxes on his arm… [Wait, 15D]
[OOC] Hughbert: 21 damage to all, 2 to me
JayM: What an unusual move, Hughbert
JayM: Anton
JayM: Make your choice
Anton calls forth a copy of Amal in the front row. [Motion Blur - Double Cure | Amal Image 35D] Another copy of Amal appears on the field. [Farsight] He's not finished though. The air around him begins to distort and he can act again. [Imitate -> Hypersurge Drive (Anytime Quick) Your Delay is set to 0. Anton is Overdrive(2)] He then summons three clones of himself in the front row. [Phantom Rush - 30Dx3, Destruction on an Anton image]
Anton: Destruction on an Anton image] Despite the overdrive however he is not finished yet. Circling once more into a third overdrive his earlier Prophecy bears fruit. (Phantom Rush was 0D from 6 on prophecy impacting 2 actions from now) He finishes his combo with a [Copycat]
Anton rolled 1d4 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
Anton finishes his combo by starting to cast a [Chorus CT 10]
JayM: That is a billion actions let me parse all that
JayM: Battle order: Hughbert [F]:0 Anton [B]:4 Black Blade [F]:13 Attack Dog B [F]:15 Amal [B]:20 Attack Dog A [F]:20 S-Anton A [F]:24 S-Anton B [F]:24 S-Anton C [F]:24 Black Shield [F]:24 S-Amal [F]:29 Serenity [B]:30 Harriet [B]:31
JayM: Status for Attack Dog A [F]: : [===== ] Charging(1) Soeaked(2)
JayM: Status for Attack Dog B [F]: : [======= ] Charging(1) Soaked(2)
JayM: Status for Black Shield [F]: : [== ] Soaked(2)
JayM: Status for Black Blade [F]: : [====== ] Divine Strength [+60%](U) Cooldown(2) Soaked(1) Barrier[90](4)
JayM: 2.7 million time cards join the battle
JayM: Hughbert, your action!
[OOC] Anton: I only see 1 S-Amal
JayM: Battle order: Hughbert [F]:0 Anton [B]:4 Black Blade [F]:13 Attack Dog B [F]:15 Amal [B]:20 Attack Dog A [F]:20 S-Anton A [F]:24 S-Anton B [F]:24 S-Anton C [F]:24 Black Shield [F]:24 S-Amal [F]:29 S-Amal 2 [F]:29 Serenity [B]:30 Harriet [B]:31
JayM: Oops
[OOC] Anton: There's a second one at 50D from farsight
Math: (29+15) = 44
JayM: Right
JayM: Thank you
Hughbert swings his blade back, throwing it into his barrier. The blade is absorbed into it… Hughbert activates a switch on his force gear that causes it to beep gently. "While I was maintaining my force gear in town, by the way, I found out that I could do a minor limiter release like this. Here is my warning: This should not work, yet, somehow it does." The barrier no longer shimmers- it becomes pitch black. The ash no longer surges
Hughbert around it and down- it simply falls. The air is still. [G-Compressed Curtain, 30D]
There is a very thin outline of gold around the the pitch-black barrier
JayM: Anton!
Serenity: "Exciting."
Anton fires off a Chorus at the Black Shield. [25D]
Harriet: "Of course it works for a reason, you just have to figure out what that reason is."
Serenity: "Gunna go with Paws."
JayM: A good hit!
Anton rolled d12+110 and got 1 ( Total: 111.0 ) for [Disaster on an Anton image]
JayM: Dealing good damage'
[OOC] Anton: +20% next hit etc
The Black Blade takes a step back and holds their blade close to their body, Harriet can see her own reflection in the black coat of the blade [Tonbokiri]
Amal: "Who -are- you guys, anyways!?"
The Attack Dog B then vaults at Anton with a [Powered Fang]!
Harriet: "Huh, I look really weird with the goggles down and the scarf up."
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 ) for 80
Serenity: "Assassins."
JayM rolled 1d10+132 and got 9 ( Total: 141 )
JayM: Dealing [141] Physical Melee damage and gaining [32] THP!
[OOC] Anton: HP: 431/550, MP: 295/550, LP: 141/6, SoS: 137 - Time Effects[2] (U)
Hughbert pulls out a notebook and tosses it into the barrier. The barrier hums, sounding angry, before following up the attack with a wooden bullet. [Strike Assist]
JayM: Amal!
Hughbert rolled d100 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
JayM: Wow
JayM: Nice assist
Hughbert rolled 1d10+120,130 and got 9 ( Total: 167.70000000000002 )
Math: (32/4) = 8
Amal begins spinning a web of light. [CT 10]
The Black Shield is nearly knocked down, but they persevere. They look at Amal and just hit their sword against their shield once
Math: (129*1.5) = 193.5
Math: (167-193) = -26
[OOC] Hughbert: would've been 193
JayM: Still up
JayM: With single digit health but still damn well up
JayM: OH SHIT
JayM: Server lag
JayM: Anyway
Attack Dog A proceeds to use a [Powered Fang] against Amal!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for 80
JayM rolled 1d10+171 and got 4 ( Total: 175 )
JayM: Dealing [175] Physical Melee damage!
JayM: Shadow Antons!
A and B fire shots at the blade and Attack Dog B!
Anton rolled 2d100 and got 71, 13 ( Total: 84 )
Anton rolled d12+140 and got 6 ( Total: 146.0 )
C fires a powered up shot at the enemy group!
Anton rolled 4d100 and got 42, 2, 93, 58 ( Total: 195 )
[OOC] Anton: I'll take the crit and miss the shield.
[OOC] JayM: Alright
Math: (146*2) = 292
Anton rolled d12*2+140*2 and got 10 ( Total: 300.0 ) for Triple damage to Dog B
d12*3+140*3: 12 [Total: 456.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 756.0, Avg: 11.00
JayM: That is real vast amounts of damage everywhere
[OOC] Anton: 300] [456] [Miss] [300
[OOC] Anton: HP: 431/550, MP: 295/550, LP: 141/6, SoS: 137 - SpellAmp[+120%] (U),Time Effects[2] (U)
[OOC] Hughbert: oh right duh
JayM: Battle order: Black Shield [F]:0 Anton [B]:5 S-Amal [F]:5 Amal [F]:6 Serenity [B]:6 Hughbert [F]:6 Harriet [F]:7 Black Blade [F]:9 S-Amal 2 [F]:20 Attack Dog B [F]:41 Attack Dog A [F]:46
JayM: Status for Attack Dog A [F]: : [== ] Soeaked(1)
JayM: Status for Attack Dog B [F]: : [== ] Soaked(1)
JayM: Status for Black Shield [F]: : [ ] Soaked(2)
JayM: Status for Black Blade [F]: : [===== ] Divine Strength [+60%](U) Cooldown(2) Soaked(1) Barrier[90](4)
The Black Shield can't quite figure out why it's still standing, but they nontheless dives shield-first into Serenity with a [Vigilant Impact]
[OOC] Hughbert: the dog would have dealt 105, therefore it dealt 0
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 26 ( Total: 26 ) for 80
JayM rolled 1d10+108,80 and got 3 ( Total: 88.80000000000001 )
JayM: Dealing [88] Physical Melee damage and and standing on front of the Black Black to defend it
JayM: Anton!
[OOC] Anton: HP call!
[OOC] Harriet: HP: 443/600, MP: 480/700, LP: 8/8, SoS: 150 - STracking - 20% (-),LEther 1, FEther 0, IEther 0 (-),+20% damage (3)
[OOC] Hughbert: the black black, julian?
[OOC] Amal: HP: 170/550, MP: 222/550, LP: 9/9, SoS: 137
[OOC] Anton: Hughbert, Serenity?
JayM: Black Blade
[OOC] Hughbert: HP: 441/700, Stored: 0, MP: 600/600, LP: 4/6, SoS: 162, Protect (2)
S-Amal 1 casts a powered up Double Cure on Hughbert and Amal before vanishing! (Doing the image first)
Anton rolled d10*2.6+150*2.6 and got 7 ( Total: 408.2 ) for Hughbert / Amal healing
JayM: Vast, vast amounts of healing
Hughbert grins at both the dog and the Shield- just a sly little one that the party can't see. Hughbert's DCRFG didn't even register those impacts.
Amal: "Why is the fake version of me so much better than the real version of me!"
Anton: "I spent the entire fight powering that up!"
Anton: "I just used it on healing instead of destruction this time."
Amal: "Hm, that's fair, I guess~."
Anton then performs a [Copycat]
Anton rolled 1d4 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
Anton is apparently stuck with Amal every action this fight. [CT 10 - Chorus]
[OOC] Serenity: oh that's why I couldn't find the shield's init he acted on zero last time init was call, gemme and update plz
[OOC] Anton: Invert -> S-Amal 2
JayM: He's your friend also oh god invert
Harriet: "Anton's pretty good at what he does. Have you seen him blowing people up with copies of me? Amazing."
JayM: Battle order: Amal [F]:0 Serenity [B]:0 Hughbert [F]:0 Harriet [F]:1 Black Blade [F]:3 Anton [B]:9 S-Amal 2 [F]:14 Attack Dog B [F]:35 Attack Dog A [F]:40 Black Shield [F]:44
JayM: Current inits, Ice
JayM: That's… Amal, Serenity and Hughbert in whatever order
JayM: Then Harriet
Serenity‘ pulls the trigger on her force gear as a mote forms behind Black Shield. [50D - Sniper Beam] [@40D]
[OOC] Amal: What’s getting attacked next so I can Chorus it
JayM: A time card is set
[OOC] Amal: Actually shit wait
[OOC] Amal: the shield is at like 5 HP right?
JayM: Yes
Amal hucks the stupid web of light at the Black Shield. SOMEONE has to score a fucking KO this fight. [Chorus D25]
JayM: A satisfying sound accompanies the Black Shield being thrown to the ground
They try to stand up again, only to fall down for real
Amal: "And stay down~!"
JayM: Hughbert!
Harriet: "Thank Goddess that's taken care of."
Hughbert releases the temporary limiter release and returns his barrier to normal. "…That's all I have out of that one, unfortunately." [30D]
JayM: Harriet!
[OOC] Harriet: black blade's going in 3 ticks right
JayM: Battle order: Harriet [F]:0 Black Blade [F]:2 Anton [B]:8 S-Amal 2 [F]:13 Amal [F]:24 Hughbert [F]:29 Attack Dog B [F]:34 Attack Dog A [F]:39 Sniper Beam:39 Serenity [B]:49
JayM: 2 ticks
Harriet cranks a dial up to eleven, and the central tube spins violently as it gathers and immediately releases an electric charge towards the Black Blade. [Jolt, -1LP for -5CT, acting immediately]
JayM: A sudden surge of electricity!
Harriet rolled 1d12+180*1.4 and got 5 ( Total: 257.0 ) for it's quickened by 2
Harriet also catchs Attack Dog A with a stray jolt. [30 damage]
JayM: A quite damaging hit
Damage as he might have been, the Black Blade can still finish his assault. He makes a swift movement with his blade, it seems to strike nothing at all, until Harriet can feel the cit of the blade across her chest
JayM rolled 1d12+300 and got 8 ( Total: 308 )
[OOC] Anton: No attack roll?
Hughbert swings wide to intercept the blow with a parry, his force gear straining to maintain a blade stretched thinner and longer. The blade forms a round shield at the end to cover <you>, and just before impact, an unusual circuit in Hughbert's force gear pre-emptively inverts the damage! [As Tough as the Mountains (Guard Assist)]
[OOC] Hughbert: oh I forgot to proofread my copypasta)) ((<you> is harriet)) ((pls fix in logs thx
Hughbet covers for [308] Magical Light damage, however the assault leaves traces of energy in her force gear granting Enlight(3) [Deal +50% damage to the Black Blade]
JayM: That's a spell
JayM: With 100 CoS
[OOC] Hughbert: everyone also heals 40 HP
JayM: Anton!
Anton fires a [Chorus - 25D] at the Blade!
Anton rolled d12*2.2+110*2.2 and got 3 ( Total: 248.60000000000002 )
[OOC] Anton: +20%
[OOC] Anton: On next hit
Math: (248-90) = 158
JayM: Shadow Amal 2!
Shadow Amal casts [Dark Double Cure] on Dog A and B!
Anton rolled d10+150 and got 6 ( Total: 156.0 ) for damage
That deals enough damage to send both of the dogs reeling
At this point in time there's the sound of a loud horn in the distance, and the Black Blade looks up, then looks back at the party
Harriet: "Phew… thanks, Hughbert."
They grab the fallen Black Shield by the collar as the exhaust on their force gear amps up, with a whistle the dogs start running away as they shoulder their fallen ally and starts to dashing away incredibly fast
Serenity: "WHAT A BITCH!"
Serenity: "WE WEREN'T EVEN DONE, COWARD."
[OOC] Anton: Nooooo I was going to use Foresight and refresh my LP
Serenity‘ shakes her head with sigh.
Hughbert: "Two, actually." Hughbert turns back to Serenity and holds up two fingers.
Amal: "Well, at least they’ll think twice before chucking lava here again."
Harriet: "Hey! Come back! I need to poach your lava cannons!"
On that note, you realize that the artillery they were guarding is now also gone, they seem to have retrated first as well
Serenity: "What? … Oh."
Anton scratches his head. "We may want to consider taking a break soon, though. I'm beat."
Serenity: "Well we're in a good spot for it at least."
The town seems to be quickly falling out of alarm state, you notice one or two more skirmishes, that are more like a fighting retreat of the black-clad attackers than anything else, but by the time your own little skirmish is over most of the kerfluffle is done
Amal: "…hmph. 'dogs' and 'swords' say 'Silvarant Knights'… stupid blaaaaack as my sooooouuuul armor says 'and not very proud of what they're doing', compared to their usual pageantry. Not sure who gave them the idea to use that device as a weapon, though. Not their usual style."
Amal: "…if I had to guess, a buddy from Akavir trying to amp up the firepower to destabilise Rissan while it's in the process of trying to unify for the peace process?"
Harriet: "What's their usual style?"
Amal: "Flashy flashy, knights in shiny armor, pretending real hard to be Akaviri with all the ~pennants~ and the ~speeches~ and the ~overly elaborate combat tactics~."
Amal: "If I had to guess, someone in Akavir said if they did this and this and the other thing, they'd be a real boy-"
Amal: "-and they lapped it up like milk."
Serenity: "Yeah that totally looked like a hit squad to me."
Hughbert crosses his arms. "Overly elaborate combat tactics are very enjoyable when they work, though."
Amal: "Could be wrong about all of that, although 'dogs' and 'swords' still say Silvarant to me. Maybe a breakaway faction within the knights."
Serenity: "Dude with the speed gear just screamed 'i am the coolest assassin in the world'."
Amal: "Hughbert I would -love- to see you take all the Knights to school single-handedly, can you do that for me after all this is over, because Goddess knows they need a role model."
Hughbert: "Sure. We'll set up a practice drill, when they are prepared to cooperate and are not sending assassins to peaceful towns."
Harriet: "Mostly I just wanna get my hands on lava guns."
Serenity: "Yeah I don't… really get the point of attacking this place either? Especially with attacks that could damage the, you know, farm lands and shit they're desperately in need of?"
Amal: "They know about the transmitter. Relay. Thing."
Amal: "Although 'constantly harass with lava cannons' isn't really…"
Amal: "Hmm."
Serenity: "Yeah that's not exactly good for super sensative and delicate antenne, either."
You hear the noise of foot on the floor behind you, and once you turn to check it's the towering presence of Cobra, she appears to be apprising the damage the area has suffered and is accompanied by her secretary "…and the third block suffered only light damage. Note to keep this street clear, there is a car at the far end" she says to the secretary
Hughbert: "Let's report back to Cobra, then…" He turns around, "Ah, you found us, instead."
She finally notices you are here, and looks down "Ah, so I have. You held good here, seems like you're as good as i've heard"
Cobra: "Who was it this time?"
Harriet: "I dunno, for some reason they weren't really keen to talk."
Cobra: "Hrm… They never do. They are under control, nontheless. A delicate situation if there ever was one, but under contol regardless. I hope you didn't get too hurt, i'd expect more out of you"
Hughbert gives a general description. "Do you think they were with the Silvarant Knights?"
Amal: "Almost certainly a Silvarant splinter branch. Had some decent firepower. Felt like they were pulling their punches…?"
She crosses her arms "Knights this time, huhn? Matches their usual M.O., surprised with the lack of collateral, they're getting better"
Cobra: "Wonder if it was the Origin Heirs or Children of Light factions… If they were holding back myst of been the CoL… Recent split, both factions are straight off the main clan but with different views. Both trouble, regardless. The Heirs threw their lot completely with Akavir, the Children is more complicated, as with quite a few clans they are under… Rather terrifying oblications with them, but no desire to do so"
Serenity: "…This is the normal M.O. of " Knights "? Have they literally never read a single book about Knights before…? This is a common problem outside of the valley? Do people beyond the mountains just not *get* knights? This happened in Terchuan too."
Cobra: "Politics become complex when the price of feeding your children is the death of your kin, after all." she looks at Serenity "Knighthood is a tradition only in Akavir and Masharas, anywhere else you can bet they only have a very vague and distorted understanding"
Amal: "Thank you, Serenity."
Cobra: "The Silvarant are the worst in that regard"
Harriet: "I guess they're just translating concepts weirdly."
Serenity‘ rubs at her face.
Cobra: "Regardless… We have been under a lot of pressure recently, those ’bandit' attacks and frequent offers of help from Akavir, including resources and military aid. Their usual conquest strategy, really."
Hughbert: "Well… What's your plan, then?"
Cobra: "But they have the warriors of quite a few clans under their grasp, the Shattering was difficult, the Second Shattering… Much more so. Most of those warriors have been indebted to them in exchange for basic survival aid for their families"
Amal: "Think we can get Masharas to hire 'em as security for the peace talks out from under Akavir?"
Cobra: "You are my plan, that is why I had Lion request you come here next. Though I hear that other snake made the same request before he did… I know that Terchuan's in much better relations with Masharas these days, because of you. I figure that will help us finding better, easier, access to the kinds of things we've lost"
Cobra: "And on, Amal, you need to be a bit more incisive. Akavir has envoys here, they need to not be here, but whatever means you believe best"
Cobra: "Once those envoys are no longer present and they do not have a real-time presence here getting the clan leaders to change the minds of the various families should be easy"
Serenity: "Is that her way of asking us to just kill them instead of beating around the bush but like, in such a way to not actually be asking envoys the kill people?"
Serenity‘ glances over at Amal
Amal: "Heh. You guys told me -not- to reach for the dagger first, make up your minds!" They smile beatifically at Cobra.
Cobra: "Kill them, shove them back out of the border, put them in a prison, whatever is most convenient to you. I understand you will be heading to Akavir at some point as well, so"
Amal: "We’ll take care of it one way or the other. What information do we have on the envoys?"
Hughbert: "We still need to get Akavir at the negotiation table. There's a high likelihood that being responsible for killing their envoys would make our mission more difficult in the long run."
Cobra: "They aren't even hiding in the case of the envoys with the Knights, they're just there in plain sight in the city, though I don't have much information on Jenna herself. The envoy currently overseeing the contract with the Stingers does his best to actually avoid being seen or tracked, and he is very good at his job, to the point I do not even know his name. You'll need help from the Stingers for that"
Harriet: "Ugh, diplomacy is hard."
Harriet: "Hughbert, you handle that, okay?"
Cobra: "There should be someone working with the Dustfire, that is the only way they'd have access to converted firediving gear, but of all people the Dustfire are the ones tahta shouldn't have need of their aid, something's going on"
Hughbert: "Right. But, before that, you want us to get work started on the Radio, right? It'll be safer for Lorelei if we get her to the work site quickly, too…"
Serenity: "Who? Oh right the mute girl that was totally in the back of the jeep the entire time and I totally didn't forget about her."
Cobra: "Redroot as well, after six out of their seven farmland stops were destroyed in the Second Shattering have taken contracts with Akavir as well, mostly as workers but I do not trust what comes out of that" Cobra nods to Hughbert "You are correct, we are far apart here, but this invention… It will do a great job in uniting us, and helping weeding out influence"
Cobra: "The Continental Radio is being built by the Postal Service, they're a multi-clan organization- But almost a clan in and of themselves. Always there to get you in contact with friends and family. The Radio itself is being constructed at the far western edge of the continent, near the shore"
Cobra: "Unfortunately with the general state of the country the Postal Service had to refocus their efforts less into research and development and more into their postal work, especially with transferring resources from one clan to another"
Cobra: "I imagine if you can jumpstart their development again it should be enough"
Serenity: "Makes sense."
Hughbert: "Alright. That will be our first stop… From there, we want to get into contact with the clans that have the worst of the Akaviri influence, which appears to be… the Knights, the Stingers, the Dustfire, and the Redroot. Is that right?"
Cobra: "Yes"
Harriet: "Fixing up the radio will be a piece of cake!" No comment on the tricky diplomacy.
Hughbert: "Alright. It's already fairly late, so we were planning on resting for the night here, and leaving town tomorrow. Hopefully having their attack repelled will mean we won't be interrupted by another siege in the middle of the night."
Cobra looks up at the sky, looks further around, looks at her secretary. She picks up the binder he's holding "I'll take it up from here. Take them home, they can use the guest rooms"
Cobra looks back at Hughbert "No, they only attack at around five in the afternoon. Their contracts require them to harass us, nothing else. We provide a suitable target for them to accomplih their contract while they keep precisely regulated schedules to avoid disrupting the functioning of the city too much"
Cobra: "So don't worry, as I said, it's under control. My secretary will take you back and show you the guest rooms, please feel at home. Should you feel like using the city's commerce area in the morning to ressuply, I urge you do so"
Harriet: "That's… nice?" Harriet asides to Amal: "(That is nice, right? I'm not really sure how you'd classify scheduling your attacks.)"
Amal: "(I'm gonna go with 'weird'.)"
Serenity: "Buncha weirdos."
Hughbert: "Much appreciated." Hughbert salutes!
Anton nods to the Cobra.
With that she continues on, wandering deeper into the city to do a damage report
The secretary, on the other hand, will guide you back to the guest rooms
JayM: They're a good place to rest, honestly
JayM: What's with me always giving out multiples if [+15XP]?
JayM: It was not on purpose
JayM: But have it
[OOC] Serenity: OK

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License