EC Session 8.5

Morning, Merch 3 Merday. //
Trombe awaits the group at the edge of Refuge City.
Fyl is there, carrying an apparently-exhausted Pak.
Hector waves to Trombe, his other arm full of supplies.
Pak @_@
Riia checks the fittings on her weapons and devices.
Fyl: "Ah - sorry I forgot to take a break to actually sleep. I've given him the medicine; he should be fine in 4 hours."
ORN nods at the Trombe Unit
Eric_Lionheart hmms thoughtfully.
Hector: "Our very own electric chocobo, loyally waiting for us."
He checks on Pak, then pats him on the head.
Cassanda_Lionheart yawns, and stretches out "Well, I for one can't wait to get into battle now."
Pak kyuu…
ORN: "Much was taken from this world. Much must be ripped away from them"
Fyl puts Pak on Trombe, kissing her intended on the forehead. "With luck, your babies will be inside me before you get back~."
Pak: "…You said the medicine wasn't worn off yet."
Pak c_c
Pak confused. Also, completely sore all over.
Fyl: "I put some of your sperm in the refrigerator. I'll inseminate myself when it wears off."
Pak: "…"
Pak: "E-ewwwww…"
Cassanda_Lionheart hears that and does a double take.
Hector scratches the back of his head. "Do you REALLY need to say stuff like that out loud so the rest a'us can hear it?"
Felicia coughs.
Fyl blushes. "Unless you'd rather wait?"
Riia shrugs
Pak: "W-wait please. c.c"
Pak: "I don't like artificial methods."
Fyl: "Alright. I was kidding anyway~."
ORN: "? ? ?"
Pak: "…"
Pak just flops weakly.
Fyl giggles and skips back into town, smiling widely.
ORN stares at pak
Pak looks back at ORN.
ORN: "? ? ?"
Pak: "…what?"
ORN: "Are you certain you are still capable of performing in combat?"
Eric Lionheart: "…Anyways…do we have a plan?"
Cassanda_Lionheart looks at ORN, and shakes her head.
Pak: "…I will be in 4 hours."
ORN nods at Eric
Eric Lionheart: "Other then 'go to the moon' that is."
Pak rolls onto his back.
Hector ruffles Pak's hair. "Good for ya, little bro! Yer gonna start a family 'n you're younger than me."
Pak: "Guu…"
Riia gives Pak a quick motherly hug
ORN: "The surface and interior of the target region is unknown. The exact properties of the environment are unknown. The total scope of abilities of all remaining hostile forces are unknown. The status of neutral or allied forces at the surface, if any, are unknown."
Trombe: "Riia will likely be of assistance in navigation upon reaching destination."
Riia frowns and raises a sign: "Familiar with Luna, not other moon. Reshaping that massive?"
ORN: "This Group will strike the surface at maximum survivable velocity, penetrate and find the personification or cores of Grav, and proceed to annihilate all hostility with prejudice several magnitudes beyond 'extreme'"
Trombe: "Installation apparently equalled ejected core of Luna at one point."
ORN: "… Trombe: Specify. Ejected Luna core estimated to be fully merged with moon or potentially defended at surface, actually Grav core?"
Trombe: "Insufficient information. Trombe unit briefed on observations made at Plainsburg. Reccomend further inquiry at Plainsburg."
Trombe: "Reccomend boarding so as to commence with transit to Plainsburg."
ORN: "Affirmative"
ORN grabs whatever's closest to him and jumps on
Pak: "Kaaaay."
Pak weakly phase-shifts up onto Trombe and lies there in a daze.
Sakha: "…"
Riia hops up
Eric_Lionheart boards Trombe.
Cassanda_Lionheart jumps up onto Trombe, and smiles.
Hector helps Sakha up onto Trombe before boarding.
Felicia climbs up.
Pak falls asleeps.
Trombe sets off once all are aboard.
Trombe goes at a relatively gentle pace, running on the river instead of flying. Even so, it only takes a bit over 4 hours to arrive.
Pak gets sleep!
Plainsburg certainly looks different than the last time you saw it. Its legs are still there, but the blocky mish-mash above them is now roughly arranged in a long cylinder.
Riia assesses the Plainsburg Cannon.
[OOC] ORN: ditto
[OOC] WC GM: What specifically are you looking for?
[OOC] Riia: ….how well it'll work, at least at preliminary inspection.
[OOC] Riia: Whether an object propelled by it would be able to reach a lunar orbit….
[OOC] ORN: stats, capabilities, how much stress its capable of taking; as much as one can get from systems/weapon systems/machina/alien lores/skills 100
[OOC] Riia: Whether the whole thing will explode on firing.
[OOC] ORN: well, alien tech at 62 but everything else 100
Hector whistles, impressed.
Assuming the whole thing does not explode on firing, and given what you know of Trombe's capabilities, it might be suitable to get you on a trajectory for the remaining moon. Not so much "orbit" as "direct crossing".
ORN, of course, sees a techschool invention.
Writ large.
ORN: "… . ."
ORN: "This Unit would recommend large scale evacuation not limited to the area's surface"
Riia frowns, then nods cautiously.
Riia signs: "…should work. Query: do Trombe's rockets work in space?"
ORN: "This Unit will attempt to reinforce the structure as best as possible… but a Volcannon shot would be safer."
ORN: "Trombe Unit: specify reaction mass?"
Eric Lionheart: "I don't think we really have time to be going to the Volcannon to try that, so this is likely our only chance."
Pak looks at the cannon, stirring.
Pak: "…Hay cool."
Cassanda_Lionheart nods.
Trombe: "Trombe unit's rockets designed to work in space, using Water magic to generate reaction mass and Fire magic to heat it."
ORN: "… Trombe Unit: Estimated energy allow for safe return, or is it preferable to modify and eject sections of planetoid for these purposes?"
Trombe: "Assuming lunar escape velocity can be achieved subsequent to destruction of Grav, flight capabilities should allow for aerobraking and reentry."
ORN: "Understood."
Kupostein: "'Zhould'? Vat, vat iz this 'zhould'?"
ORN turns to rest of party
Pak hears Kupostein. Looks over the edge.
The moogle with grease-streaked fur walks up to Trombe as Trombe comes to a halt.
Riia raises an eyebrow
ORN: "If possible at all, the return trip promises far safer."
Kupostein: "It VILL vork!"
Riia shrugs
ORN: "…"
ORN: "At what cost?"
Kupostein: "Anyway. Come, come, it iz time!"
[OOC] Riia: "Vonse the rockets go up, who cares where zhey come down? Zat's not my department! says Werhner von Braun.
Riia follows.
[OOC] ORN: its a dragoon's department for sure
Kupostein walks towards the cannon, motioning for everyone to follow.
ORN follows cautiously, almost as if trying to shield the party
Cassanda_Lionheart follows also.
Trombe follows too.
Pak crawls.
Fakir stays on Trombe.
Pak: "…Someone carry me. I feel awake now but my limbs are soooo sore."
Trombe picks up Pak in its beak.
Pak eep.
Kupostein leads the way past what looks like a control center. "You all vill have to board Trombe. Except you, Fakir, you go here." Kupostein motions to a chair hooked up to equipment.
Fakir: "Wait, what?"
ORN: "Specify"
Kupostein: "Zis cannon, it is not being nearly long enough to add the entire trajectory! To build something that big would be impractical! No, this vill be giving an initial boost only - zis chair vill boost your powers, zat you may turn ze entire atmosphere into an extension of ze cannon! Nyahaha!"
Riia blinks
Riia grins in appreciation.
Pak …yay
ORN: "… And exactly how much environing damage may be caused by such structural modifications to the atmosphere?"
Hector: "…wow."
Fakir: "But…"
He gestures to Ahiru. "I wanted to go with them…"
[OOC] Hector: pfft. We'll never get a USEFUL NPC with us.
ORN: "… Perhaps Ahiru could perform a similar feat using Aer, at range?"
[OOC] Hector: Unless you're going to subvert your own in-universe trope at some point.
Kupostein waves dismissively. "Structural damage vill occur in the upper atmosphere, vere dere EES no structure!"
[OOC] ORN: hey we beat the crap out of aer the least she can do is work for us ;p
Kupostein: "Whoever performs ze boost shall need to remain here, vith de equipment!"
Ahiru transforms into the moogle Aerie and huffs little burst of air
[OOC] ORN: well. obviously the best subversion is thus to leave ahiru behind and take fakir. Or to use some kind of… rope…
Kupostein: "And Ahiru needs to be up zere to perform ze sealing, no?"
ORN: "Sealing is too good for the Grav Core."
Ahiru: "Why can't he come with us, kupo?"
[OOC] WC GM: You've had useful NPCs in battle before.
Riia shakes her head at ORN and signs: "Must be sealed or will be able to reform."
[OOC] WC GM: 'Course, if you really want…well, there was something I was planning anyway… ;)
[OOC] ORN: well first that comes to mind is loading all that equipment up on a second stage to dump…
Pak: "What to do…"
[OOC] ORN: and the duck needs him
ORN: "Their conciousness became. They can be undone. HIS can be undone."
ORN: "Grav exists. That will be rectified."
[OOC] Riia: Speaking as someone who plays a rocket scientist, I have to say that Kupostein would appear to suck at it.
Eric Lionheart: "It's safer to seal, however."
ORN: "Only until such time as the seal is broken. And then…"
Eric Lionheart: "Best to seal until we can find a way that assures his destruction for good."
[OOC] WC GM: Kupostein's inventing rocketry, so far as he knows. The idea of a second stage has not occurred to him.
ORN: "What if, having learned its lessons, it ensures no method of directly countering once again, and crashes this world into the star?"
Hector: "Yeah, I figure obliterating it as far as it'll be just a soulless force of the universe is fine."
ORN: "In the mean time, should not this conversion equipment be loaded onto the system itself, to allow fine control from within?"
ORN nods at Hector
Cassanda_Lionheart nods.
Hector: "'cause we need gravity, but we sure as hell don't need Grav."
Kupostein: "Vat?"
ORN: "Addition of reaction mass to a secondary layer of projectile to allow similar velocities while carrying the load."
[OOC] Riia: Well, I have to admit, all Riia had to do was beat Luna's gravity…
Kupostein: "…"
ORN: "This would allow fine control from within while still carrying Fakir."
Pak: "We can seal and then destroy if we wish."
Kupostein: "…of course! Brilliant! Zank you for ze idea - of course I vill take credit for ze implementation."
Kupostein: "It vill take some time to-"
ORN: "HE must remain with the equipment. the equipment has no need to remain with you."
A rumble interrupts.
Pak blink.
Eric Lionheart: "…"
ORN: "… The earth disagrees with you."
Kupostein: "…zat…did not come from zis planet."
Eric Lionheart: "…What?"
Alarms begin to blare.
ORN: "You shall name it the ORN Multi-self."
ORN: "…"
ORN: "Grav?"
Eric Lionheart: "Alarms are bad, right?"
Moogles at the cotrol stations begin speaking over each other.
ORN: "One would assume so, Eric."
Cassanda Lionheart: "Probably. But maybe it is a ready warning also."
Moogles: "GRAV!""Reporting multiple detonations on moon's surface!""The moon has begun to move!"
Cassanda Lionheart: "Or not."
Eric Lionheart: "Okay, we don't have time to sit around. We need to go, now."
ORN: "Estimated rate of acceleration and impact time?"
Kupostein: "Report!"
[OOC] ORN: "screw all those calculations! I want it NOW! NOW NOW NOW!" ;p
[OOC] Hector: "No combat" my ass.
Pak: "Dang it. No time to implement things. ._."
Moogles: "It's accelerating!""Calculating velocity - no good, it's erratic."
ORN: "Average."
Eric Lionheart: "So how big is this incoming?"
Moogles: "Anywhere from an hour to…""…three days."
Riia nods and waggles three fingers…
ORN: "… … …"
Eric Lionheart: "The…ENTIRE thing?"
Riia blinks
Riia nods.
Moogles: "YES!"
ORN: "You say this as though this has never happened before."
Riia waves a hand in a circle, then thrusts her arm up towards the moon.
ORN thinks back to, what, a week ago?
Hector looks up and scratches his nose.
ORN: "Assume a low middle estimate of one and a half days. A single hour would not be sufficient for interception anyways, and furthermore, interception would nevertheless doom this planet due to velocity."
ORN: "This Unit suggests haste in preparaing, however."
Moogles: "Detecting energy sources on moon.""If you can target those, you might be able to slow it down.""Hurry, kupo!"
[OOC] WC GM: …I missed an opportunity. I should've made them Viera.
[OOC] WC GM: As in, bridge bunnies. >_>
[OOC] WC GM: Oh well.
[OOC] ORN: well that and if from standstill it was now an hour from hitting us, we'd be very fucking dead from the impact when it rammed us midflight ;p
Cassanda Lionheart: "Okay. Lets get those energy signatures then."
Trombe: "Data received. Suggest boarding so as to commence with immediate launch."
Eric Lionheart: "If it can buy us time, we should give it a try."
Fakir: "…"
Fakir looks at Ahiru. "Stay safe, and come back to me?"
Ahiru hugs Fakir. "Kupo…"
ORN: "Shield yourself Fakir. The launch will damage the region."
Fakir hugs Ahiru back, kissing her.
ORN: "All waterfowl will be returned to you well feathered."
Pak: "Let's all get in a spaceship!"

Pak erks. "Crap, I remember this being kinda shaky last time."
Fakir releases Ahiru. "You promised! I'll hold you to that." Then heads for the indicated seat.
ORN: "… Riia."
[OOC] Ahiru: He kissed moogle ahiru… that's funny
Eric_Lionheart boards Trombe and hmms.
[OOC] WC GM: The moogle was there.
ORN stares at the engineer
Hector is still on Trombe, then leans forward, and braces himself.
Cassanda_Lionheart hops on Trombe, and sits next to Eric, and hugs him.
ORN: "… Have any vessels involved with This World ever not crashed?"
Riia nods at ORN
Ahiru zips over to Trombe and waves to Fakir.
Eric_Lionheart hugs back.
Trombe extends a transparent canopy over the group once all are aboard.
Kupostein: "Begin countdown vor launch sequence! Link commands to Trombe!"
Pak braces himself.
Moogles: "Linking…""…confirmed.""On your mark."
Eric Lionheart: "Well, this is it."
Kupostein: "Ten!"
Riia considers the thrust/specific impulse ratios a cannon would cause, then lies down on her back and pads her head.
Cassanda_Lionheart hugs tighter.
Kupostein: "Nine!"
Trombe launches.
Riia signs: "Will be rough launch."
[OOC] Riia: LOL
ORN anchors himself and gets ready to detonate and spread as thin and foamy as he can in case the party needs shock absorbtion
Kupostein: "NEIN! You are to be vaiting for…"
It is too late - Trombe is far away as Kupostein rants.
Cassanda_Lionheart screams "What happened to the rest of the countdown!!"
Trombe: "Judgement indicated value in discarding formality."
ORN: "Affirmed"
Hector chuckles.
Eric Lionheart: "Good idea, Trombe! If we do this again, though, perhaps a little more warning next time?"
Trombe soars through the atmosphere - an unusually smooth trip. It seems, indeed, that Fakir has the party, guiding and pushing them ever forward, ever faster.
[OOC] Riia: For some reason I'm thinking of Fakir as sitting on a throne of some sort. A Golden Throne, even.
[OOC] ORN: pfft
[OOC] ORN: "nice and bony" ?
[OOC] Riia: Hail
[OOC] WC GM: Consider: Ahiru is the queen, and Fakir is her intended - so far as she has one.
[OOC] Sakha: ?
[OOC] WC GM: The monarch's spouse - assuming they get married - gets a throne as well.
Cassanda_Lionheart hugs Eric even tighter now. "Yeah, we were not ready!"
[OOC] ORN: well, its a pretty BIG throne anyways, maybe they can just both sit on it. or she can sit on his lap.
[OOC] WC GM: So, yeah, good reason to see him on a throne, even without the previous scene.
[OOC] WC GM: The throne they were referring to was from Warhammer 40,000, though - the one on which sits someone who sacrificed himself to try to ensure the survival of humanity.
[OOC] ORN: well, he was sorta planning to use it to bust out into the immaterium and beat the imaginary crap out of the chaos gawds and take over but.. yeah.
[OOC] WC GM: Enough divergence into stuff the others don't know. :P
Once in space - the first thing that strikes the party is how black it is, in almost all directions.
Pak blinks.
Fortunately, there is enough visibility around Trombe's tail to afford a good view of the planet, shrinking in the distance.
ORN: "… The previous scale."
ORN: "… … Very sparkling here."
Cassanda_Lionheart looks and blinks "This is amazing."
Only Riia has previously seen the planet from this far away, and it has been a while for her.
Riia ignores the planet, looking for details on the moon.
The moon does indeed seem sparkly. Oh, wait, those would be explosions, large enough to see from here.
Pak ooh, splosions.
ORN: "It would appear This Group still has a number of non-hostile allies at the moment."
ORN nods at Pak
Eric Lionheart: "Hmm. Impressive."
Cassanda Lionheart: "Well, that is good to see."
The sparkles begin to thin out, then stop.
Pak …eep.
Riia bites her lip.
Pak: "That's not as good."
Riia signs: "Viera rebellion?"
Hector: "…huh."
Eric Lionheart: "Not good at all."
Cassanda_Lionheart sighs
ORN: "… It may have bought This Group time. A rapid investigation will be in order however."
Eric Lionheart: "Trombe, how soon until we arrive?"
Trombe: "Estimating six hours. Moon appears to have slowed down."
Cassanda Lionheart: "Six hours.."
*looks at Eric*
Pak: "…I can try using sight to look further ahead."
ORN: "… Not only its acceleration, but its actual velocity?"
Hector: "Would that actually work?"
Hector: "Wouldn't you just see us zooming through darkness and nothin' else?"
Trombe: "'Slowed down' referring to diminished acceleration."
Pak: "Well, yeah, probably."
ORN: "hm.."
Pak: "But I've never been all the way out in space before."
Pak tries it.
ORN: "If capable, that would prove useful in locating further worlds in need of aid…"
Pak casts Sight. What does happen?
Pak does indeed see the group, hurtling through space. My, space is big.
Pak @_@
[OOC] Pak: brb
Trombe: "Scanning surface. Suggest use transit time to plan entry point and immediate post-landing action."
Cassanda_Lionheart sets her sights back on the moon.
Eric Lionheart: "Hmm…"
Trombe: "Note: atmosphere detected on moon. Suspect temporary, from atmosphere Luna stole from planet."
ORN: "…"
Trombe: "Expected problems with breathing obviated until egress."
ORN: "Specify potential entry points: is transfer of your current observations directly possible?"
A translucent zoomed-in image appears on the front of the canopy in response.
Cassanda_Lionheart listens in to the plan.
[OOC] Pak: Back.
The party gets an overhead view of…yeah, that looks like a crashed alien structure.
It kind of reminds the party of Plainsburg…vaguely.
ORN: "A techschool design…"
Corridors and machinery, enough to have been the core of Luna. Bulkheads and melted-shut pathways show where it split off.
Trombe: "Negative. Techschool mentor design."
Eric Lionheart: "Hmm…"
It definitely seems to have dug into the moon's surface - how much is underground is difficult to say.
Riia looks for anything she may recognize in the structure.
Or perhaps not dug so much as grown: the passages that branch off and go into the rock seem, judging by the color, to be made of the moon's native materials.
ORN: "… This is a problem."
Cassanda Lionheart: "Why ORN?"
ORN: ".. Assimilation"
Riia vaguely remembers a map. This was the residential and core capability area - the heart of Grav. Fortunately, that means that most of the Viera who remained on Luna were probably taken along with.
ORN: "Likely a byproduct of the Luna-variant materials regrowing similar to the ice walls during the earlier assaults, but nevertheless problematic. This will require countering."
Riia does not, however, see the chamber that supposedly held Grav. She does see a largish tunnel dug into the moon underneath where it is supposed to be.
Riia points out the tunnel and raises a sign that reads: "Grav core through there…"
Cassanda_Lionheart nods "So, we do have to fight to get to Grav. Nothing new to me."
Pak: "It's digging itself in."
ORN: "Grav likely headed straight for the planetoid's core."
ORN: "… Ah. Speaking of which…"
Riia nods.
Eric Lionheart: "Can we even reach Grav then?"
ORN: "…"
Riia nods.
ORN stares at Eric
ORN: "Digging. Eric. Digging."
Riia signs: "Can Trombe land in tunnel?"
Eric Lionheart: "Yeah, but if it can dig faster then we can, we are in trouble."
Cassanda Lionheart: "Yeah, is the tunnel big enough for him to fit?"
The image focuses a little more. The party starts seeing bodies - monstrous, alien shapes, similar to Ark and the others, but not moving and full of holes.
ORN: "It will have to stop eventually, Eric."
Trombe: "Access to core shaft restricted. Will need to land near structure then approach."
ORN: "Let it corner itself. Let his precious mass become its very tomb"
Hector: "…hm."
A glowing highlight shows on the structure for a bit - likely Trombe's image manipulation - showing how it surrounds the core.
Cassanda Lionheart: "hmm, so we fight it there, and hopefully seal its fate."
ORN: "Its existance will be dealt with."
Riia nods.
Riia blinks.
Pak blinks and refocuses.
Riia signs: "Evidence of AA."
Pak: "…Awww. ;_;"
ORN: "Nothing threatens the Worlds under This Series and continues to exist."
Riia looks for Grav's weapons.
Pak: "T-the… the aeons got beat up."
ORN: "…"
Cassanda_Lionheart frowns
Pak worries. "I doubt they can just be killed like that, but…"
Cassanda Lionheart: "So..They were trying to fight Grav. And paid dearly for it."
ORN: "Grav will try to fight This Group, and pay dearly for it."
ORN: "All will be well."
Suddenly, motion in one corner of the image - one of the corridors bursts open. A large, blob-like mass falls out, followed by two Viera.
They fall slowly to the surface, bounce, then come to a halt and do not pick themselves up.
Riia tears up a bit.
Riia signs: "Civil war it is."
Cassanda_Lionheart watches and hugs Riia.
Riia signs: "Viera will be useful allies, if we can save them before they…they…"
Pak eeep.
Pak: "…What's that blob?"
Cassanda Lionheart: "Then…Man, I can't wait anymore. We have to head there now."
Pak: "It's not /that/ stuff again, is it?"
[OOC] ORN: is it the necrokatamaris?
The blob does indeed look like what Pak remembers from the end of Milf.
ORN: "An influence from Milf may be required. Ahiru?"
Trombe: "Analyzing structure…"
Trombe: "Anomaly: metallic structure not detected. Structure apparently primarily carbon-based."
Pak u-ugh.
Pak: "F…fff. I reeeeally didn't wanna face those again."
Hector: "They made their buildings out of their dead?"
ORN: "… Lattice type and impurities?"
Trombe: "Negative. Building alive, for some definitions of 'alive'."
Cassanda Lionheart: "That may need more explaining. But for now, I can't wait any longer. We got to stop it."
Pak looks to have a mixture of sadness and intense disgust.
ORN: "… so the bad type"
Time passes on - the group gets closer.
Eventually, FINALLY, Trombe is about to touch down.
Pak uuugh.
Pak: "…"
Pak: "…Hey."
Cassanda_Lionheart touches the hilt of her sword..itchingly wanting to start hacking and slashing.
Pak: "I don't know much about the moon. Is it okay to go out onto it?"
Riia signs: "Yes. Captured atmosphere…."
ORN: "Anything inappropriate will be consumed and added to This Group."
Trombe: "Nonpoisonous atmosphere detected. Gravity anomalous."
Trombe aims for the blob and Viera. "Riia, alert. Equipment detected of potential utility."
ORN: "…It is possible gravity anomalies could be used to disperse atmosphere. This Unit recommends a ready source of breathable composition at all times for such eventualities"
ORN looks at the wind-element users in party
ORN: "?"
Riia cries silently.
Pak tries not to look at blobs. Looks at aeons instead.
Eric Lionheart: "Perhaps my magic can provide some sort of aid…"
Riia trembles and prepares her rifle…
Pak: "Any life signs from them? I'd find it hard to believe that they could be killed so easily."
ORN pats Riia with one hand, breaks open the launcher arm with the other, and nods
Riia signs: "Probably not easily. Probably wasn't fast."
Riia signs: "Were inventors, like me. Should have come, but…"
ORN: "This was not in vain. Grav was distracted. Grav was slowed. Grav dies, now."
Trombe: "Negative. High probability of low or zero vitality upon exiting facility."
Cassanda_Lionheart give Riia a quick hug, and nods with ORN in agreement. "He expires now!"
ORN: "Your suffering will be eliminated."
ORN: "All of it will"
Pak: "No, I mean the Aeons."
Hector: "…damn shame, really."
Riia eyes Trombe and signs: "Probably usable components in equipment…"
Pak looks down at the alien forms.
Trombe swoops in, landing on the blob, scattering it across the moon to shed the last of its velocity.
Trombe's canopy retracts. The air is thin, but breathable.
Cassanda_Lionheart braces for the landing, and breathes a sigh of relief.
ORN jumps lightly to test gravity
Riia hops down and raises her rifle - is the blob still present?
Gravity seems to be about one half. Which seems off, but then, the moon is moving, and the party is on the side the moon is accelerating toward.
Pieces of the blob are present. It seems quite dead.
Cassanda_Lionheart jumps out and lands.
Cassandra finds herself jumping further than expected.
Cassanda_Lionheart is a bit suprized by the gravity, and tries to land gracfully.
Pak pants in the thin air.
[OOC] WC GM: AGI check.
Cassanda Lionheart rolled 1d100 and got 75 for a total of 75
Pak carefully lets himself float down towards the dying/dead aeons, seeing if they could be healed.
[OOC] Cassanda Lionheart: pass by 5
[OOC] Cassanda Lionheart: no FAIL!
Riia advances cautiously, looking for the equipment Trombe identified. And any possible threats.
Cassandra manages to land on her feet. A little practice could put a new edge on her arts.
[OOC] WC GM: Think, "Street Fighter gravity".
Cassanda Lionheart: "grr…This is going to take a bit getting used too."
Pak finds that the Aeons are quite dead.
Hector slides off of Trombe and rolls with the impact.
ORN tests the ground and rock below him…
[OOC] Cassanda Lionheart: Nice. ^^;
Eric_Lionheart hmms and gets off of Trombe.
Riia easily finds the mentioned equipment. Most of it smashed on impact - but she does find an intact Braver Vest, and one Elemental Absorb part that had been linked to a (now broken and useless) Bio Element part.
Eric Lionheart: "This is rather different…"
Cassanda_Lionheart unsheathes the lionheart, and does some practice swings.
The rock is good, solid rock - very fine-grained dust at first, but aside from that, some of the purest rock ORN has ever tasted.
Riia blinks at the part…..
Riia quickly starts swapping out pieces of equipment.
ORN: "… Excellent. Simply excellent. …. Perfect."
Pak ;.;
Pak hms.
Pak: "They should be revivable… If I knew more about aeons."
Hector sees Cassie jump high, and tries to do that himself.
Up ahead looms the alien structure.
[OOC] WC GM: Hector: AGI check.
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 8 for a total of 8
[OOC] Pak: I don't have any Aeon lore though. Just Alien Tech and Magitek and Monsters and Elemental Spirits.
[OOC] Hector: Yeah, I passed.
Cassanda_Lionheart jumps again, this time with the Lionheart in her hands.
Hector almost feels like, anything she can do, he can do better.
Riia slides the vest on, too - it looks pretty rugged.
Hector: "Ha ha! And this is why I'm the leader! I'm the best!"
Cassanda_Lionheart looks at Hector, and smirks.
Pak shrugs~ and checks to see if the Aeons had anything usable.
Cassanda Lionheart: "Okay, Hector. Want to try something?"
The Aeons are, sadly, not lootable. They were their own weapons.
Pak :<
[OOC] Hector: Can you poach dead Aeons?
ORN blasts off at full power, and will bring himself down with a quick shot or two when/if he feels the pull weakening too much
Eric Lionheart: "Hrm…"
[OOC] WC GM: Nope. Not that you know it IC yet.
[OOC] Hector: Poaching Aeons?
[OOC] Hector: I know how to poach a DRAGON, at least.
[OOC] Hector: My skill IS 100, after all.
[OOC] WC GM: Anything you take off of them, would disappear soon after being separated from the corpse.
[OOC] WC GM: Again, not that you know that IC yet.
[OOC] Hector: Poopzorz!
[OOC] WC GM: It's part of what makes them Aeons.
Cassanda_Lionheart smiles "Lets see if you perform something I have worked on for years!"
[OOC] Pak: Wait, their corpses are still magical though?
[OOC] WC GM: Yeah.
[OOC] Pak: But we don't know how to revive them.
[OOC] WC GM: The corpses will fade in time.
[OOC] Pak: …hm.
Pak thinks.
Pak: "…They seem to be dead, which sucks."
[OOC] ORN: you could just try something instead of just standing there being sad.
Pak tries casting Life.
Nothing happens.
Pak pout.
Pak: "That's lame. You came this far and just having a few holes in you killed you?"
The head of the Aeon Pak was talking to explodes.
Hector: "What the!"
The dirt on the other side of Pak soon follows.
Pak …will probably take a while to land.
Cassanda Lionheart: "Yeah, what is going on?"
Cassanda_Lionheart puts the exhibition on the back burner.
Hector: "Wait a minute."
Cassandra's sword is suddenly pushed back, with a resounding "TINK" of something hard bouncing off metal.
Hector: "There's a sniper somewhere."
Hector: "But considering the terrain and the angles that're being hit, I gotta wonder WHERE they're shooting us from."
Riia blinks and goes to ground, then looks for good sniper positions.
[OOC] ORN: anything visible from up there?
Pak is still up in the air. "A Sniper? I'll look around!"
[OOC] WC GM: Awareness, anyone looking for the sniper.
Pak does so.
Cassanda_Lionheart feels the force of the blow, and glowers.
ORN rolled 1d100 and got 10 for a total of 10
Cassanda Lionheart rolled 1d100 and got 20 for a total of 20
Riia rolled 1d100 and got 59 for a total of 59
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 28 for a total of 28
[OOC] Riia: Pass by 41
[OOC] Cassanda Lionheart: pass by 80
[OOC] ORN: very, very, very pass.
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 20 for a total of 20
[OOC] Hector: Again, pass.
[OOC] ORN: is 10 crit or is 9 crit for those?
[OOC] Hector: 1-10 is a crit on a skill.
[OOC] Hector: Skill, attribute.
It soon becomes apparent to all - it is not that there is a sniper in the building, the building *is* a sniper. As you watch, a rifle barrel extrudes from its surface and fires - the shot passing right between Riia's ears, missing her skull by a hair's width.
Hector: "…still not particularly surprised, but since we know what we're dealing with…"
Riia starts moving erratically.
Hector: "Everyone, fan out and charge!"
ORN just bloody fires; gotta test out the new main gun anyways
Cassanda Lionheart: "So, it is fighting us huh?"
*rushes as soon as Hector says that*
Hector rushes the building, serpentine-ing.
Pak is glad he's in the air and is a slightly more difficult target. //

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License