EC Session 8.13

O'dark AM, Merch 3 Gravday. //
Pak: "I'm losing track of time here on the moon. :<"
[OOC] Riia: ….I say we wait till tomorrow.
[OOC] WC GM: It is tomorrow :P
[OOC] WC GM: From when you got to this moon, anyway.
Cassandra Lionheart: "No need to know what time it is. I just know we have to finish this now."
Although the group would normally be sleeping just now, sufficient rest and the Vieran machines mean the group does not feel tired. And then there is Pak's comment, true of most of the party.
[OOC] Riia: No, no. I'm saying we wait until it's not Gravday to fight GRAV.
[OOC] ORN: heh
[OOC] ORN: that doesn't matter. Can just think of 'the day that celebrates grav's elimination'
ORN: "What does the specific time matter?"
ORN: "Sooner better. Celebration can come after justice has been rendered"
Pak: "I'm still confused!"
ORN: "… hm."
ORN: "Then…"
ORN: "It is NOW. Before was Then. After is Soon or Next. That is enough."
[OOC] Eric Lionheart: I bet fighting Grav on Gravday will unlock something. RPGs always have odd things happen like that.
Felicia: "…That's not really all that helpful."
Felicia: "But it is probably better not to worry about it at such a moment."
ORN nods
ORN: "This Unit's immediate advice is utterly useless for timekeeping purposes. It will, however, avoid confusion."
Cassandra Lionheart: "Lets just move and get Grav. Anymore time we wait here, is more time for him to prepare for us!"
Pak: "…Well… okay."
UrbanCamoed: "Not to mention the collision course."
The Viera guide is at the door, beckoning to the party.
ORN: "All this resting has been ridiculous."
UrbanCamoed: "I mean, you *are* trying to stop this place from crashing into the planet, right?"
ORN: "… Sometimes This Unit wonders"
Cassandra Lionheart: "Of course."
Cassandra Lionheart walks towards the Viera.
ORN checks the map and walks straight out towards the next target
Pak heads over.
UrbanCamoed: "As you saw, there's a large gap where Grav's inner sanctum used to be."
Felicia: "Quite."
Pak: "Yeah."
UrbanCamoed: "Grav's taken that entire section to the core. That's where the engines are."
UrbanCamoed: "Take out Grav, and this moon's orbit *should* stabilize. We hope."
UrbanCamoed: "Unless you trigger the self-destruct."
Eric Lionheart: "…Lets not trigger that."
Cassandra Lionheart: "Yeah."
[OOC] ORN: bunny assumes inertialess engines and an immediately oribt-capable velocity… try to keep the engines clean, we'll need'em self destruct or no.
Pak: "Okay~."
[OOC] WC GM: Bunny doesn't entirely know what she's talking about, yeah.
Eventually, the Viera leads the party to a giant hole in the floor. Jagged metal lines what apparently used to be a stairwell.
[OOC] ORN: just killing the engines won't affect delta-v so… yeah.
UrbanCamoed: "So, umm, watch that first step?"
ORN nods and jumps off
Eric Lionheart: "…That's a long ways down…"
Through the hole, the surface of the moon can be seen - and the giant hole in that, in turn. So can the rest of the guts of the alien structure, with several other entrances to the missing section likewise torn off.
The party sees ORN fall…and slow…and stop in midair, halfway to the surface.
UrbanCamoed: "…was afraid that might happen."
Pak c.c
Pak: "Um.
ORN: "hm.."
ORN: "Grav's interference is once more direct."
Pak c.c
Felicia: "Then we'll counter with our own."
ORN will thin out and spike himself to a wall to start forcing himself down, keeping in mind to counter its own assimilation attempt with a bit of shock and his own
ORN: "Checking viability of climbing"
Pak tilts his head, confused.
Felicia hops down to where ORN is, and begins channeling gravitational force into her blades edge. "Will have to be careful not to make it… crushing, like I usually do, but…"
ORN manages to repel the assimilation, and begin climbinb "down".
Felicia manages to counter Grav's influence a bit, and fall - slowly.
ORN pulls self closer to the wall to reshape properly and give felicia room
Felicia: "…Oh hey! Actually worked."
Cassandra Lionheart climbs down also.
Eric Lionheart follows after Cassandra.
UrbanCamoed: "So, go?"
The Viera pushes Hector and Sakha through the hole.
Felicia presses forward, amplifying her own little bubble of spatial anomaly.
ORN: "Simply grab on if you lack momentum"
Riia heads down, too.
Pak tries to head down. Casts Flight on himself to add his own momentum.
Cassandra Lionheart continues to climbs down and looks.
UrbanCamoed: "…are you scared? Here."
The Viera grabs Ahiru and throws her right at Felicia, like an Ahirudart.
Felicia: "If there's one thing I can say about Grav, his element is far more annoying to manipulaGAH!"
Felicia: "…Duck."
UrbanCamoed: "Umm, have fun down there~?"
She waves from the hole, receding in the distance.
Pak makes his own momentum, so it's pretty easy nya.
Slowly the party makes their way down. Alien structure soon gives way to lightly-structured mostly-rock wall.
Hector climbclimb.
Hector realizes, "wait a minute, there's nothing here!"
Pak c.c
Hector finds himself clinging to Sakha, with the rock walls not quite in arm's range. *Maybe* in whip range, though.
Hector puts one arm around Sakha's waist, then whips out towards anything that looks holdable.
Hector: "This is going to be a bit bumpy, so just bear with me."
Cassandra Lionheart continues to climb down the wall.
ORN tries to leave handholds behind, noticing everyone else's climbing
Pak is just flying, dood.
Pak checks something.
Pak: "…Oh! Wait, I can make everyone else fly."
Pak …
Pak: "I need some ethers to pull it off…"
As the group climbs and flies, they pass a pair of corpses - two Viera, one in a pink mostly-concealing garb and another in a similar blue one. They must have tried to assault this place before.
A little analysis of the holes in them suggests icepicks were shot at them from below.
Pak c.c
Felicia is just removing the resistance in her way. She seems to have gotten the hang of it, and walks downwards as easily as Pak flies.
Riia makes a note.
Pak: "…Icepicks?"
Felicia: "Or something similar."
Riia draws her rifle and starts scanning for threats.
ORN just continues down the old fashioned way; punching limbs into rock and making a meal of it
Just in time! Riia sees several icepicks heading for the party!
[OOC] Hector: …did I successfully get my whip onto something or not?
[OOC] Riia: Shootable or dodge?
[OOC] WC GM: Hector: yeah.
[OOC] WC GM: Riia: both.
Riia starts shooting the picks.
[OOC] Hector: If you said so earlier, I must not have seen it. D:
Eric Lionheart uses Aeroga to try to deflect the incoming icepicks!
[OOC] Riia: I'd try to warn you guys, but I can't. So I'll let my bullets do the talking…
Hector swings to the wall and lands with his feet against it. "Alright, we're at least not freefallin' anymore. You got anything that'll help us get down?"
Riia's bullets do quite a bit of talking. The rest of the party soon notices the picks.
Pak eek!
Pak ducks.
ORN will just shrug them off; they probably can't do much and he's in the middle of a meal, better him than the party
Felicia positions herself facing downwards, and rushes along the invisible floor ahead as her blade sparks aflame, slashing through the ones in her path. "We'll get stuck if we fall back… might as well press ahead."
Pak: "K-kay!"
Cassandra Lionheart sees Felicia go down. "Well..I guess its time to fly!" *lets go of the side and falls down, while unsheathing her sword, and pointing it down at anybody stupid enough to get infront of her.
The party slowly carves a path through the increasingly dense hail of icicles. Eventually, their source can be seen: cannons that take water, freeze it, and - no visible means of acceleration, probably more Grav power that's ejecting them at the party.
[OOC] Hector: Sakha, for the love of ghod, SAY SOMETHING.
[OOC] Riia: Hids!
[OOC] Sakha: Ack sorry, fighting lack of sleep
[OOC] Felicia: Terra is probably distracted or aslee-yeah
Sakha summons up meteors to smash the weapons.
[OOC] Riia: ….Hmm. These icepicks. Do they look like Ice damage?
Pak c_c
[OOC] WC GM: You think? :P
[OOC] ORN: hell do they even hurt?
[OOC] Hector: Uh, Sakha. I'm holding on to you and we're hanging on the wall and I'm asking you if there's a way we can get down a little better.
Riia slams a clip of Vortex Shield rounds into her rifle and shoots in eight directions, striking points which only partly exist in real space.
ORN does not get the chance to shrug them off - the rest of the party seems to be covering the ones headed at ORN, too.
[OOC] Riia: Rolling Surge…
[OOC] Sakha: We going up or down…?
Riia rolled 1d100 and got 95 for a total of 95
[OOC] Riia: No surge
[OOC] Felicia: Down, through a gravitational field of gravity
[OOC] WC GM: Going down, but fighting Grav.
[OOC] Riia: Party has Absorb: Ice (6)
Sakha casts float on the two of them
Riia changes her aim from the icepicks to the cannons.
Hector: "Alright! Let's rendevous and get to work!"
Felicia: "…That'll do it."
Hector zooms off downwards towards where he saw the rest of the party go.
Pak just keeps dodging.
Felicia just walks towards the cannons, now that the icicles are less of an issue.
Riia moves out in front of the party, demonstrating that the picks don't hurt any more.
[OOC] Riia: Rather the opposite - it's A: Ice, not I: Ice…
ORN rips out his arms and jumps with full power at the cannons, splitting his right arm apart into its usual configuration
Cassandra Lionheart dodges in midair, and slices any that gets near her.
The withering hail begins to thin as a few of the cannons are taken out.
Hector is pulling Sakha along with him, as she seems out of it.
Pak: "…Why are we blowing up these cannons?"
Pak just closes in and stabs them at close range.
ORN: "… they fire at us."
Sakha grumbles about those machines not actuallly making people rested.
ORN lets off a few shots at a nearby cannon while rushing another, going straight for its occupants
Cassandra Lionheart: "Okay..this is annoying!"
*powers some chi* "FATED CIRCLE!" *slashes at a couple of cannons*
The cannons Pak ministers to begin falling over with *doink* noises.
ORN: "… Alright, enough!"
Pak c.c
ORN jams his launcher arm into the ground, focuses for a moment, and starts firing the converted region up and out
Felicia: "If theyre not firing, it leaves the possibility for reinforcements later, if we need them."
Felicia: "…That and they're dumb cannons that were shooting at us. So there."
ORN: "Pak: physical separation of components affects Grav's assimilation and control abilities. Separate the core from the whole, and the engines can be made This Group's."
ORN: "… This will of course require great feats of unmitigated violent behavior"
Hector arrives to where everyone is. "Hey! What'd I miss?"
Pak stabstabstab
ORN looks up at Hector, still converting the environing area into a storm of shrapnel
ORN: "Nothing. All is calm, all is bright."
The last of the cannons eventually fall silent.
There do not appear to be any passages leading out, except the way the party came from.
ORN: "Now for that army"
Cassandra Lionheart looks at ORN and nods. "Lets look for them."
Hector: "Late to the party again. I swear, there's gotta be somethin' in the universe that doesn't want me doin' certain things."
ORN: "That would be Grav, Hector."
Pak: "…So where to now?"
Hector rubs his forehead. "That's not what I meant."
Felicia: "Not sure…"
She looks around.
ORN: "…"
Sakha yawns. "What about the Mow Trios, where are they again?"
ORN: "They were setting up defenses in this area"
Pak: "Yeah, we needed to kill all those…"
Hector: "Well, we could do the usual 'n start blastin' walls 'till we find the right passage."
ORN: "Consider however Grav's movement."
ORN: "Likely the passage was sealed behind. Therefore, most likely…"
ORN points up
Cassandra Lionheart: "We should look."
ORN: "If the surface is that way"
ORN points down
ORN: "Explosives go this way"
ORN hears no better ideas and starts blasting and eating downwards
Pak: "…Well… okay!"
Pak just looks around
Sure enough - the sealing was mostly the cannons, actually. Once they are blasted away, the party is left hanging in mid-air above a sea of Biggses, Hickses, and Wedges.
Pak: "…Eep."
ORN stops… stares…. and shines brightly
Hector: "…huh."
Pak: "Time for crowd-clearing~!"
Cassandra Lionheart: "Oh…Well, well, WELL!"
ORN concentrates a moment, nods at the party, flips head-down, and detonates both his feet to blast himself straight down into the crowd!
Eric Lionheart: "Yeah, we better deal with this while we are here."
Cassandra Lionheart nods , and rushes towards the mows, and crahses into the ground, hacking and slashing away at them.
Pak starts spamming reels of various sorts~!
Bodies go flying every which way…but there are more.
Hector puts his hands together and then fires into the crowd. "SEIRYUUIN!"
ORN: "…"
Cassandra Lionheart continues to hack and slash, even throwing out a few punches and kicks in the process.
Felicia holds her blade high, calling the winds (on the moon, somehow)! They coalesce around the party, forming a vortex of destruction as the party continues to cleave ahead inside it's peaceful eye. She slashes downwards, sending a wave of hurricane force tearing through the ranks!
ORN mumbles something, shatters his outermost layer, and explodes outwards with everything he's got before bringing out the beams
Ahiru summons Gaia. "Hey can you cause an eartquake under them?"
Eric Lionheart pulls out his staff and starts to prepare to cast his magic, as wind begins to swirl about. "Great forces of wind, hear my call! Aeroga!" He uses the powerful wind magic to throw several of the enemies into the air! "Now for part two!"
ORN: "All Minor selves… Refract!"
Pak: The results for Magic Reels are: Left Reel: Lvl 4. Center Reel: 1x. Right Reel: 8. The gambler casts Wash 1 times.
Gaia worldlessly plunges into the ground. Moonquakes reverbate through the crowd as far as Ahiru can see.
Pak ends up curing someone of negative statuses. …let's try a different reels.
ORN lets off a gargantuan lightning bolt at every piece he's shot, turning the entire cavern into a momentary plasma field
More bodies come in, bodies riding on bodies like a tidal wave.
Eric Lionheart switches spells, as parts of the nearby walls start to shine with a reflective glare. "Reflect! And finally…" He pulls out a gemstone and puts it in between the crystals on his staff. "Divine forces, annhilate my enemies! Holy!" (Blessed Gem) The mighty beam of light bounces between the reflected sections, tearing though the clones raised into the air!
ORN follows up by tearing all four stablisers forward, steadying himself with his left arm, and unleashing his entire bomber arsenal through the four forward-angled launchers, electrifying everything he can touch as he does
Cassandra Lionheart grabs A Biggs clone, and punches it in the stomach, then lift her by her legs, and swings her around, taking a bunch of clones out, before letting her go into a crowd of them.
Hector fires off another Shock, but this time keeps it going, and sweeps it across to wherever new ones spawn.
ORN rams his right launcher through a Wedge, jams him through a hicks, and momentarily turns white as he absorbs every bit of calcium from their shells straight into his ammo stores
Hector: "HAAAAAAAAAAA! Take this!"
Pak goes for Chocobo reels instead~!
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 92 for a total of 92
ORN: "Your multiplication does nothing but Feed This Series more! Suffer your own bodies as This Unit returns them with full force!"
[OOC] Pak: er wait
Pak rolled 1d10 and got 10 for a total of 10
[OOC] Pak: …ooooh boy.
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 83 for a total of 83
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 34 for a total of 34
[OOC] Pak: GF the first
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 79 for a total of 79
[OOC] Pak: :<
Pak …just heals the party. This isn't working ;.;
Riia sticks with the group and looks for priority targets.
ORN concentrates… so much shrapnel, so many minor selves… can he awaken them, control them, from afar?
Cassandra Lionheart rushes at Hicks and before swinging at him point up to the hole, hoping he looks.
ORN shrugs, eh, no use thinking so much, and just multiplies the mayhem
Pak raaars and just starts stabbing things in frustration. :<
ORN: "hm… So many… Perhaps a change in tactics is warranted…"
Eric Lionheart casts Absorb:Wind upon his allies…a light gust soon blows…followed by tornado force winds smashing into the clone army. (Whirlwind)
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 98 for a total of 98
ORN considers the calcium… considers the cherry blossom technique, and his usual lightning blade
[OOC] Hector: Trying Tactics, failing. D:
Felicia rolled 1d100 and got 84 for a total of 84
The party is certainly clearing out several, but even more come in. Tidal wave upon tidal wave.
Hector: "Dammit! I can't even come up with a solution to this."
[OOC] Felicia: Leadership not failing 8D
[OOC] Eric Lionheart: Lemme try Tactics.
Eric Lionheart: "There is too many to face. We need a new plan!"
ORN: "Continue firing until they stop. Fall back behind This Unit if you need."
[OOC] WC GM: Tactics is a job-specific skill, so only Hector has it.
Eric Lionheart rolled 1d100 and got 4 for a total of 4
Cassandra Lionheart: "I got one..maybe!"
[OOC] Eric Lionheart: I'm talking the Lore to come up with a plan. >.>
[OOC] Hector: Am I actaully allowed to reroll?
[OOC] WC GM: Hector: sure.
ORN fires off a bolt at a nearby group of biggs, aimed at the incoming wave, shattering it, assimilating and detonating them towards those behind in one large wave
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 74 for a total of 74
[OOC] Hector: Well, pass by 72 if there's no penalty.
[OOC] Hector: Yes, the skill can go over 100. WC said so.
Eric Lionheart: "…This is hopeless! We must locate the source creating them at once!"
ORN: "…"
[OOC] Felicia: It's an EXP skill, the class just doesnt use it for anything >_>
ORN lowers his firing rate slightly and tries feeling around the structure… there must be a primary passage or energy source
Cassandra Lionheart: "Okay. Look for where they are coming from, And I'll plow our way there."
[OOC] Hector: Oh, fuck you guys.
[OOC] Hector: I was going to say that.
Eric Lionheart: "No, with too many coming from one area, we'll need to find a alternate route no doubt."
The bodies seem to be coming from every which way - on this level. Not up, and there is a floor beneath them.
ORN: "Below. Straight below."
Sakha casts Haste on Everyone. "Too Slow."
Cassandra Lionheart runs and jumps on to the first one, and sword pogos off it, onto another, and another…
Hector: "Well, which one of you wants to have the honor of makin' us a route?"
ORN: "Switching launcher feed to foot area. Be ready to fall back to This Unit as it digs"
ORN: "Lightning output will reduce, however"
ORN switches purely to solid projectiles and starts digging
Felicia: "We'll keep them busy, of course."
[OOC] ORN: survival, explosives, or whatever skill if you'd like
ORN: "of course. However… The extra mass is going somewhere"
Pak keeps stabbing!
ORN drops the lightning blades and ups the cherry blossoms
Hector fires at any who break the line.
Felicia swings her sword around, creating another point of massive gravitational influx. A miniature black hole sweeps in the clones before her!
Eric Lionheart uses the ultimate Wind magic, Whirlwind, to throw enemies into the air to make them easier targets for the rest.
Hector: "…this is probably the most action I've had since those frisky Viera got ahold of me back then."
Sakha joins in the casting of Whirlwinds.
Pak tries another reels!
Pak rolled 1d10 and got 10 for a total of 10
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 90 for a total of 90
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 92 for a total of 92
ORN: "This is why justice needs violence. Any tyrrany with an endless supply of corpsemeat could overthrow the peaceful. It is only right for those defending innocents to enjoy their occupation!"
Pak healthbunnies again.
Pak: "…:<"
Hector: "Just use your regular magic, dammit!"
Pak: "I don't have any regular magic!"
Eric Lionheart: "Pak, what magic do you know?"
Cassandra Lionheart uses Slash-All on a group of clones.
Hector: "Those damn slot machines a'yours just aren't cuttin' it today!"
ORN: "What of your fire knives or elemental fields?"
Pak: "Auuuugh fine lemme see"
Eric Lionheart uses Whirlwind to toss a few clones into Felicia's mini black hole.
Hector fires another beam.
ORN fires another artillery barrage of cherry-blossoms
Cassandra Lionheart continues to kick, and punch and slash, and begins to break a sweat.
Pak: "Okay, here we go~! SLOWGA~!"
Pak tries to at least slow the incoming horde.
ORN: "Available angles becoming limited. Please enjoy yourselves as much as possible until the digging is complete!"
Many of the clones slow down. They are quickly dispatched and replaced.
Eric Lionheart: "Good idea, Pak, that'll make it easier at least to hold them off a bit longer."
ORN digs, and digs, and runs into a surface that resists his digging.
ORN: "Damage report? Surplus mass may be used for replacement of your wound~ … IMPACT"
ORN assesses: what is it?
Pak tries reels again. :<
Pak rolled 1d10 and got 8 for a total of 8
[OOC] Pak: okay this I can use
It is black. And, well, black. And absorbs all energy forms ORN can scan with.
It also absorbs anything ORN fires into it.
Pak rolled 2d100 and got 2, 14 for a total of 16
[OOC] Pak: That'll do it.
ORN: "… ALL FRIENDLIES BE ADVISED. POSSIBLE GRAV SHIELD FOUND. FELICIA TECH SIMILARITY SUSPECTED. Switching to overlay generation!"
Eric Lionheart: "…Is that good or bad?"
Pak goes all DRAGON PAK and floats into the air, blasting a wide swathe of clones with incredibly powerful beam-breath~!
Felicia: "I… what?"
ORN: "Fall back, Generating barrier!"
Cassandra Lionheart: "I think that is bad."
Eric Lionheart: "We can't fall back and cover you at the same time, ORN."
ORN ups himself a little, extends his influence as far as he can everywhere other than down, and starts on a dome to enclose the party without the horde
[OOC] ORN: rebuilding the floor over us
ORN: "Do not worry about cover. This Unit will always cover This Group at any costs"
Cassandra Lionheart nods to ORN.
As ORN tries to build the dome, the clones keep bashing it in.
ORN keeps the region as part of himself, taking anything he can meant for the party so they can fall back to his immediate position
ORN: "One more whirlwind around the perimiter if possible, Eric"
Pak rar~
Pak tries something a little more classic.
Eric Lionheart: "It'll take some effort, but alright."
Pak rolled 1d10 and got 5 for a total of 5
Eric Lionheart casts Whirlwind once more!
[OOC] Pak: redo~
ORN spits out an X-ether at Eric's feet
Pak rolled 1d10 and got 1 for a total of 1
Pak rolled 2d100 and got 29, 10 for a total of 39
Pak gets healed by dancing moogles! …That didn't help much.
ORN will use the moments to reinforce the dome with himself, and will just expend some of himself to absorb its damage if need be
Eventually, finally, the dome is complete - though it closes in severing one trio of clones. They keep pounding on the wall, but it is secure…for now.
It is dark. Were there grues in this universe, the party would likely soon be eaten by them.
ORN retracts and swings the stablisers backwards, holding up a little arc to make some light
As it is, that possibly-Grav at the party's feet will do.
ORN slowly stands, a little worn and lighter
Above is the black shiny dome wall ORN made. Below is dirt, dust, bodies, and that spot of perfect nothing at the center.
Cassandra Lionheart sighs and waits.
ORN: "… Similar to what you did earlier, Felicia. Everything bends inwards, and conciousness directed at it for information dissapears."
Pak blinks.
ORN: "This is likely Grav's greatest technique and protective field"
ORN: "There's no assimilation emanating from the area. His control is either limited and remote, or stems from a spot somewhere on this sphere that is conductive to possible passage… if even large enough."
Cassandra Lionheart nods, and tries to think of something…
ORN: "This Unit must hold the dome till enough bodies form another, so suggestions would be nice"
Felicia: "Hmm…"
ORN: "Oh. and be careful touching it."
Felicia figures trying to counter with her own spatial manipulation may be at least worth a shot, and gives it a go; plunging her blade towards it
but pausing before contact, just as ORN's comment reaches her. "…Of course."
Hector: "So…what? it's an egg?"
ORN: "… Perhaps more like a certain polar field"
Cassandra Lionheart: "So if only we made a reverse polarity of what is protecting it?"
Hector: "Huh. Well, I'm at a loss. 'sides, I'm just here to break heads open."
ORN: "Can you create pure, all-separating repulsion?"
Hector: "And if this thing ain't a head, then I guess there's no breakin' it open."
Pak: "Egg!"
ORN: "… Eggs aren't heads. they break too."
ORN: "as do limbs. and most parts of This Unit."
Cassandra Lionheart sees if her knowledge of magic could help this situation. ((Lore:Magic?))
[OOC] ORN: lore alien tech too perhaps
Hector: "Again, that's not what I meant."
[OOC] WC GM: Roll it
Cassandra Lionheart rolled 1d100 and got 36 for a total of 36
[OOC] Pak: brb
[OOC] ORN: both of us or just cassie
Sakha yawns and rouses herself again. She looks at Hector. "You've been carrying me around… the whole time…?"
[OOC] WC GM: Both
[OOC] Cassandra Lionheart: pass by 47 for Lore:Magic
ORN rolled 1d100 and got 62 for a total of 62
Hector: "Well, yeah. You haven't exactly been too active in movin' yourself around."
[OOC] ORN: pass by just 8
Hector gently sets her down.
Riia rolled 1d100 and got 49 for a total of 49
ORN: "You missed an army of breast, hicks and wedge shaped mows bearing down on This Group as you napped"
[OOC] Riia: Pass by 51 for Alien Tech
ORN: "Pak"
ORN: "… Can you teleport?"
Cassandra Lionheart: "Hey guys..I think if we find somewhere to teleport..Yeah."
Cassandra Lionheart looks a little angry, but ORN was thinking the same thing it seems.
Riia frowns…
ORN: "… Testing for depth may be required…"
Riia signs: "Indeed."
[OOC] WC GM: "breast, hicks and wedge"? :P
[OOC] ORN: how many of them are pressing down on 'him' with the barrier right now ;p
ORN: "… Take This Unit's Arm… hm… perhaps"
ORN: "… Elder C, do not take offense."
ORN will move out and break off one of his eyes, and add it to the arm section
ORN: "… This may not work. This Unit hopes those can be regrown…"
ORN: "But if it is possible to see…"
ORN: "… 20 paces should be a good experimental distance?"
[OOC] Pak: Backx
Hector sits and just watches.
ORN just busts off his left forearm with the eye integrated to the top of the hand and nods at Pak
ORN: "Better This Unit than your lives if it fails."
Cassandra Lionheart: "Just be careful."
ORN nods
ORN: "Cassie is correct. This could potentially fail, or cause a backlash towards you."
Pak: "I can teleport!"
ORN: "Eric may wish to apply preventive measures."
Pak hmms.
Pak: "Okay, so how deep do you want me to send it?"
ORN: "… 20 paces of hector's gait."
Pak: "…Okay."
ORN: "straight down past the barrier, towards the center and moon core."
Pak uses Phase Shift on the arm, sending it about 22 meters down.
There is no telemetry from the arm.
[OOC] ORN: playing expendables is fun. one of these days I'll have to figure out rpg-rules for "can I really be the hero" style 'job'
ORN: "… This Unit feels nothing, sees nothing."
Pak: "You should have put a light on it."
ORN: "… It could be lost, but it is very likely that the dome absorbs all information."
ORN: "… it absorbs light too, Pak"
ORN tries feeling out to it with a bit more effort
There is still no telemetry from the arm.
ORN shakes head
Pak: "Hm."
Pak: "This thing here is creepy."
ORN: "… are any expendables available to reproduce this Effect?"
ORN: "If so… please allow This Unit to borrow one to attempt a return trip."
Sakha: "Sorry… for being so out of it… I just don't like that technology…"
ORN: "… This Unit finds it facinating, Sakha."
Cassandra Lionheart gives ORN her Platinum Gloves "Here."
Sakha: "Shut up you."
[OOC] Riia: Oooh…harsh.
Pak: "…No, no, Cassie."
Cassandra Lionheart: "What?"
Pak: "He meant 'does anyone have an item that teleports you'?"
Pak: "And unfortunately, that's a no."
ORN: "? ? ?"
ORN stares at the gloves confused
ORN then nods at Pak
Cassandra Lionheart: "Oh. Nope."
*takes them back*
Pak: "I'm the only person here with Time Magic, even a little bit."
Eric Lionheart: "Hmm."
ORN: "… This Unit really dislikes having to inform you of this then, but the only way to find out is therefore…"
ORN points with remaining arm at pak
Pak: "…"
Pak: "I request Shielding!"
Pak points at Eric.
Pak: "It'll last long enough for me to port in and out."
ORN: "… Take This Unit with you if you wish. There's no assurances of safety on the other side. This Unit's arm could be getting shot up as we speak."
Pak: "Nah, only one person can get shielded. But I'll grab your arm if I can."
ORN nods
ORN: "That would be nice. This Unit likes having eyes."
Pak nods. "Eric!"
Pak prepares Phase Shift.
Eric Lionheart casts Shield.
Pak shifts to where he sent the arm!
Pak sees…nothing.
Pak feels for the arm.
[OOC] Riia: …quickly, Pak! Phase back before the BLACK HOLE eats you!
There is a very massive - maybe "heavy", but it is hard to be certain with gravity swirling like a maelstrome around him - speck nearby.
[OOC] ORN: he MIGHT see nothing because there's no light too ya know
Pak grabs it and teleports back.
[OOC] Pak: Teleport's needed for more-than-1-thing.
Once he is outside, the speck becomes too heavy to hold, and drops from his hands immediately. It would have hurt had the Shield not lasted just long enough to deflect it.
[OOC] Riia: >.> Pak just grabbed a black hole.
Pak: "I found something!"
[OOC] WC GM: Not quite.
[OOC] Riia: ….neutronium?
[OOC] ORN: … an ex-arm
Eric Lionheart: "…"
Cassandra Lionheart: "What is it?"
Riia recognizes it. It's on its way to becoming neutronium, but had not quite finished being crushed.
Pak: "…"
Riia blinks
Pak: "Was this your arm?"
ORN: "… aaawww"
Riia steps back from the object.
ORN goes dark and hangs his head down a bit
Pak: "…O_O DID I ALMOST GET TURNED INTO THAT?!"
Riia signs: "Yes."
Pak JUMPS and backs far, far away from the dark hole.
Felicia: "…Mrr."
Riia signs: "Hooray for Shield…"
Cassandra Lionheart nods
Riia signs: "Is way compressed."
ORN: "… goodbye eye… will try to make another one of you when This Unit learns how…."
Pak: "W-we can't go in there, then! Even ORN's body would be crushed!"
ORN: "… but it took some time… right?"
ORN: "… did you see anything? notice anything?"
Cassandra Lionheart thinks and looks at Ahiru "This might be the time to ask the spirits for all thier help?"
Riia frowns….
Riia signs: "Perhaps is not core, perhaps is barrier. Farther?"
Ahiru: "But couldn't they be hurt?"
ORN: "… One easy way to find out… Hector… Felicia. you're good with maps"
Pak: "It was /dark/."
ORN: "Can you estimate the total size of this moon, and our relative depth?"
Eric Lionheart: "…Yeah, I don't think going that way is wise no matter what plan you come up with."
Riia frowns….
Pak: "I couldn't see anything, and even with a shield the gravitational forces felt like a storm."
ORN: "Sakha, given the curve of what you can see, perhaps the size of this core?"
Riia signs at Ahiru: "CAN they be hurt?"
ORN looks at Riia
ORN: "well it does seem to absorb conciousness and energy as much as anything else"
Hector: "Hm. I could try."
Riia signs: "Never fought Spirit without Avatar, until Plu and Min…"
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 87 for a total of 87
[OOC] Hector: Pass by 13 with no penalty, Navigation.
ORN: "… Just… run the numbers please. You too Riia."
ORN: "And hope This Unit is wrong."
Ahiru: "…? Maybe Min can deal with darkness okay…?"
ORN: "This may not be darkness at all."
Pak: "Ooh, ask Min, yes."
Pak: "Maybe she can help."
ORN: "This may very well be Grav's avatar. His presence, around his own original core."
Ahiru summons Min
Pak: "…also possible."
[OOC] Riia: I don't think any of my Lores are particularly useful, though -
[OOC] Riia: WingedCat, would Luna As It Used To Be apply?
Hector: "Hm. From what I can tell…from where we are. I think we've got at least a thousand or so to go."
Ahiru: "Is that big black hole part of your kind of darkness?"
Hector: "Considering we've cleared a few hundred."
[OOC] WC GM: No, because that's a different moon.
[OOC] Riia: Ah, but this facility is another matter…
Min looks down, and shivers.
[OOC] Riia: Otherwise I sunk 60 points into a skill about a moon that you blew up before we could get to it =p
Min: "No, mama."
[OOC] ORN: hey some of us didn't want it blown up ;p
Ahiru: "Can you tell me anything about it?"
ORN: "It is grav, not Dark, correct, Min one?"
[OOC] WC GM: It wouldn't apply to measuring this moon.
[OOC] WC GM: It would apply to certain other things of relevance.
Min: "It's Grav."
[OOC] ORN: like the engine and grav's core data itself
[OOC] Riia: Who cares how big the moon is? No one said Grav's core was at the bottom. My question is this - how similar is this to how Grav's core was laid out before?
Ahiru: "Grav himself?"
ORN: "… Ahiru, can she tell if its simply created by, or if it is directly Grav"
Min nods.
[OOC] WC GM: Roll it.
[OOC] ORN: actually it was stated he's at the core, with the engines. this implies the planetoid's core is being covered. he's somewhere in there. the smaller the region the more likely its HIM or he's just behind.
Ahiru: "…if thats Grav how do we fight him?"
[OOC] Riia: The core of the moon, or the core of the engine?
ORN: "… IF that's grav… then we'll figure out a way. we always do. If its just a barrier, then its passing it that's the issue."
Riia rolled 1d100 and got 48 for a total of 48
[OOC] Riia: Pass by 12
[OOC] ORN: considering he's a gravitic engine controller he'll probably be as close as possible to the center of mass so as to have the best possible manipulation of the entire body, and easier balance.
[OOC] ORN: one is likely the other.
Pak: "I really don't think it was a barrier."
Cassandra Lionheart listens in and thinks.
Pak: "Or 'just' a barrier anyway."
Pak: "That pressure was intense…"
Pak: "Maybe we should move along and try to find an entrance point?"
Riia shakes her head and stands.
Riia signs: "Is barrier. Vaguely remember from old moon…"
Riia signs: "Think- source of clones was…?"
Riia signs: "Probably teleported from deeper inside…"
Cassandra Lionheart: "Probably. But we definitly have to do something now."
Sakha tries to follow this information from her own studies about the place
Sakha rolled 1d100 and got 87 for a total of 87
ORN: "Riia, do you know how far it extends?"
[OOC] Sakha: pass by 4
Riia grimaces.
Riia signs at Pak: "Is interpenetration an issue with teleportation?"
Pak: "Huh?"
Riia frowns….
Pak just stares at that big word.
Riia signs: "What happens when you teleport into a rock?"
Pak: "I dunno."
Pak: "I've never teleported inside something before."
Riia signs: "Suggestion: don't learn the hard way that it's bad."
Pak: "It probably would hurt. :<"
Riia signs: "There should be an existing portal."
Pak: "But it's possible that instead of getting stuck inside, I'd merely be shunted off to the side."
Pak: "In either case, it wouldn't really help."
ORN: "Portal? …"
ORN: "At the surface of the sphere, Riia?"
Riia nods.
Riia signs: "Way in/out of core was teleport. Probably is same."
Riia signs: "Clone vats should be inside…"
Sakha: "Yeah… my studies agree…"
Cassandra Lionheart nods. "Then lets just get moving!!"
ORN: "This Unit should point out the sphere IS generally underground. However it may be faster to use a hostile but already open field for faster travel."
ORN points up
ORN: "Through beings is faster than rock."
Pak: "Yes."
Riia frowns and looks over the party.
Riia fires off another Vortex Shield…
[OOC] Riia: Rolling surge
Riia rolled 1d100 and got 42 for a total of 42
ORN: "Yes, This Unit is aware some digging will be required at the right moment. Is everything alright?"
[OOC] Riia: No surge. A: Ice (6)
ORN: "… Is everyone ready for more? There may be many waves after those slaughtered by This Dome"
Cassandra Lionheart: "I am..Lets go."
Pak: "Okay~"
ORN: "Then get ready"
ORN walks over to the edge of his dome, still connected to it by ground contact
Riia sets the Manablaster to ICE.
ORN: "… A Grand entrance for your troubles"
ORN bashes his head into it, tearing out a new left arm in the process, brings back his arm, and swings
Cassandra Lionheart has her sword ready.
ORN shatters and explodes the entire dome outwards as he touches
Pak raaar~! ReeEEels~!
ORN: "This day, We shatter Grav like GLASS!"
Pak rolled 1d10 and got 6 for a total of 6
[OOC] Pak: Chocobo
Pak rolled 2d100 and got 2, 51 for a total of 53
Bodies on bodies on bodies go flying everywhere! The party has a moment to get their act together before the surge arrives.
Pak fires light cards~!
Pak: "Protection, please!"
ORN brings his arm up high and arcs with light
ORN: "For the creators!"
ORN breaks off all stablisers, opens them like flowers, and fires off a storm of pure energy straight ahead!
[OOC] ORN: gotta use power jump at least once in the campaign ;p
Cassandra Lionheart: "For the Lionhearts!"
*fires off a slash-all*
Bodies continue to fly. Does the party actually go anywhere?
Ahiru summons nature and the spirits for their protection
Cassandra Lionheart surges forward!
ORN quickly looks around, any visible tunnels? where do most seem to come from?
Riia Manablasters!
Pak is heading… uh…
[OOC] Riia: Surge check))!
Riia rolled 1d100 and got 60 for a total of 60
[OOC] Riia: No surge
The clones seem to be coming from everywhere. There aren't even any visible supports for the ceiling.
Well, no visible supports until ORN and Riia roll over what look like the stumps of shattered ex-supports.
Ahiru: "Aerie, can you find their source?"
Quite probably shattered by the increasing mass of clones.
That might be why the roof is rumbling.
ORN: "… This nevertheless gives indication. Faster!"
Pak runs in a direction!
Pak also, more reels!
Aerie swirls up to the top, and zips off forward.
Pak rolled 1d10 and got 1 for a total of 1
[OOC] Pak: stop that
Pak rolled 1d10 and got 4 for a total of 4
Pak rolled 2d100 and got 26, 32 for a total of 58
Eric Lionheart hmms and sticks close to Cassandra.
Before long, Aerie returns. "This way, mama!"
Pak carrotbombs!
Aerie points.
Riia follows.
Cassandra Lionheart looks at Aerie and follows.
Ahiru smiles. "Everyone, follow me and Aerie!"
Felicia flourishes her blade, clearing a path!
Hector: "…never thought that woulda worked, but let's go!"
ORN follows, not letting up with the firing for a moment
Hector blasts anything out of the way as he follows. "Hah! Hah! Hwatah!"
Pak is trying to get something…
ORN: "dead ahead taken in chage; Felicia, can you hold the sides?"
Pak rolled 1d10 and got 2 for a total of 2
[OOC] Pak: redo!
Pak rolled 1d10 and got 4 for a total of 4
Pak more carrots. :<
Pak: "I just wanna become Pakzilla! >.<"
Eventually, the group gets to what appears to be a fountain of clones, spewing forth a mass of bodies.
Pak: "…Ew!"
ORN looks for any non-organic components
Cassandra Lionheart: "Gross."
Riia nods….
Cassandra Lionheart gets closer to the fountain.
ORN: "Cover. Attempting impact"
The teleporter itself does not appear to be organic. But how to reverse it?
ORN jumps!
[OOC] ORN: well first we take the location
[OOC] ORN: then we make riia do brainy things.
ORN leaps up high…and winds up descending right into the fountain.
Cassandra Lionheart: "ORN!"
ORN vanishes upon impact.
At least the supply of clones has ceased.
Pak blink.
Cassandra Lionheart shakes my head "Damn it."
Riia follows!
Cassandra Lionheart: "Wait Riia!"
Riia vanishes on touching the fountain too.
Pak: "…"
Pak jumps in! c_c
Cassandra Lionheart rushes after and stops short of the fountain.
Cassandra Lionheart: "I guess..Well..Lets see!"
*jumps into the fountain*
On the other side of the teleporter is blood and smoking machinery everywhere. And…is that a happy ORN?
Pak: "c.c"
Cassandra Lionheart looks at ORN..and gives a sigh of relief. "ORN!!"
Sakha: "Hmph…"
Eric Lionheart follows Cassandra.
ORN: "… Reproduction has been successfully aborted"
Cassandra Lionheart: "Good job, ORN."
Eric Lionheart: "Well, one problem down, only a few to go."
Cassandra Lionheart nods.
Pak: "Yay, and we're someone else now, too!"
ORN: "… This Unit is still This Unit, pak"
ORN stares a bit confused
Pak: "…I meant somewhere."
Pak: "Linguistics bug."
Eric Lionheart: "But where are we, then?"
Cassandra Lionheart takes a good look around. //
ORN: "… Welcome to the core systems"
Cassandra Lionheart: "Oh really? So here we are then."
Pak: "Yeah!"

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License