EC Session 1.7

KuGMpo: You're resting in the guard's house as noon passes. You notice Felicia isn't back.
[OOC] KuGMpo: I meant one non-ORD job.
Pak paces a little.
KuGMpo: Dvihr ran off in a huff, and he isn't back yet either.
Hector is sitting in a chair, just…kinda relaxing.
Pak: "…Felicia and Divvie are missing."
Hector: "Little bro, stop moving so much. You have to relax."
Pak: "Buuuut… ;-; H, he…"
KuGMpo: You are, by now, at full HP/MP. The guard's still out of it - though she's merely asleep by now. Dreaming pleasant dreams, by the look of it.
[OOC] Pak: Oh! Cassie shows!
[OOC] Hector: Fake Cassie.
[OOC] Cassandra[sub]: No it's me, Terra
[OOC] KuGMpo: No, that'd be Terra.
[OOC] Pak: Oh. Okay.
[OOC] Hector: Cassie Replica. Bizarro Cassie.
]OOC] Cassandra[sub]: That's why it's Cassandra[sub]
[OOC] Pak: Puppet Cassie
Cassandra[sub] is still moping about not rushing after the golems.
Ahiru sighs and wonders when she'll finally get a clue as to her master's whereabouts
Hector sighs. //"Cassie, you have to understand, that while some bad shit went down, my first priority is to always make sure that my subordinates are okay."
KuGMpo: //Outside is just the usual hustle 'n' bustle one would expect from a city nearing the end of lunch hour.

Hector: "Plus…"// he scratches the back of his head, "If we left the guard there, I'm sure I wouldn't hear the end of it from Pak." He chuckles nervously.
KuGMpo: //The guard licks her lips in her sleep as the party feels their stomachs growl a bit.

Cassandra[sub]: "But we could have done something if we went right away, now we have to try and pick up the trail."
Pak settles down finally. //"…I'm hungry."
Hector: "That may be, but you make it sound like we missed our one opportunity, and I refuse to believe that."
Pak: "…I guess I could raid her kitchen…"
Cassandra[sub]: "You're the leader, I guess…"
KuGMpo: //Guard: *mumbles* //"…could eat you all night and all day…"
Hector calls back to Pak. "Make me a sandwich, wouldjaplease?"
[OOC] Hector: Pak Pak Pak all night? That doesn't have the same ring to it.
[OOC] Hector: Pak-man.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Pak it in.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Pak it up.
[OOC] Hector: Pak-ing fudge.
Pak nods and goes to the kitchen. "Kay, Niichan!"
[OOC] KuGMpo: :P
Pak: //cooking checku~

[OOC] KuGMpo: She'll Pak like no one's Paked before…except maybe Dvihr.
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 98 ( Total: 98 )
Ahiru leans on the bed just daydreaming about Fakir. She knows she'll find him eventually and everything until then is the will of Grav… but man could he be annoying at times
KuGMpo: Unfortunately, the refrigerator is bare.
Hector: :O
Pak: "…?? She's out of foooood."
KuGMpo: Guess she was eating out a lot, or meant to do a grocery run later.
Hector stands up in shock. //"What?"
Pak: "There's nothing in the kitchen at all. ;-;"
Hector: "Oh, man…"
[OOC] KuGMpo: Be glad. The alternative was to have you fight what she'd left in there. ;)
Hector sighs. "I guess we're going to eat out today. And maybe we could pick up a lead while we're out."
[OOC] Pak: I'd have rather done that. XPs!
Pak: "Hyuu."
[OOC] KuGMpo: …Awareness check, Pak.
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 58 ( Total: 58 )
[OOC] KuGMpo: Pass/fail?
[OOC] Pak: If I got a +5 bonus I'd pass. n.n;
KuGMpo: //Pak's nose picks up something. There might be something in that drawer in the refrigerator.

Pak sniffs.
Pak: "…Wait, I think I smell food!"
KuGMpo: It doesn't smell good, whatever it is.
Pak: "…I… think."
Hector: "You think?"
KuGMpo: Almost like it's trying to say, //"Leave me alone!," in scent.
Pak opens up the fridge and stares at the drawer.
Pak: "…I…It smells kinda bad, actually."
KuGMpo: //The drawer is opaque. Open Y/N?

Ahiru perks up an wanders over. She blinks.
Pak: "…But I'm… sooo hungry…"
Pak: Y.
[OOC] KuGMpo: SPDs?
Hector goes over and watches the drawer be opened.
Ahiru: (7)
[OOC] Hector: 8
[OOC] Pak: 6
[OOC] Pak: No cassie for this fight?
Ahiru: (c7)
KuGMpo: Battle order: Hector:15 Ahiru:12 Rot C:11 Cassandra:11 Rot A:8 Rot B:8 Pak:7
Cassandra[sub]: "What have you gotten into this time, Pak?
KuGMpo: Hector!
Cassandra[sub]: "What have you gotten into this time, Pak?
KuGMpo: Hector!
[OOC] Hector: hold up
Pak GAHS and jumps backwards. //"Oh my GAH!! It smells AWFUL X<"
Pak is so stunned by the smell that he moves last in init
[OOC] Hector: sorry. Thought my dad called my name, but it turns out I was HALLUCINATING.
[OOC] KuGMpo: K.
KuGMpo: //Hector!

Hector: "Ahiru, you back me up. Pak, you and Cassie work in tandem."
Hector whacks RotC.
Hector rolled 1d100-113 and got 66 ( Total: -47 )
KuGMpo: hit
Hector rolled 1d8+16 and got 7 ( Total: 23 )
Hector rolled 1d8+16 and got 7 ( Total: 23 )
Ahiru: "Back you up?"// Ahiru blinks. "What does that mean I’m supposed to do?"
Hector: "Focus your attacks on my target."
KuGMpo: //Hector splits Rot C in two. Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to stop it.

Ahiru grins. //"Ok, can do!"
KuGMpo: //Ahiru!

Ahiru attacks Rot C
Ahiru rolled 1d100-87 and got 74 ( Total: -13 )
KuGMpo: miss
KuGMpo: Rot C lashes out at the one who dealt it so much pain!
KuGMpo rolled 1d100 and got 9 ( Total: 9 )
[OOC] KuGMpo: Fortunately, most monsters don't crit.
KuGMpo rolled 1d8+14 and got 5 ( Total: 19 )
KuGMpo rolled 1d100 and got 9 ( Total: 9 )
KuGMpo: Hector takes 9 damage and is Poisoned(U).
KuGMpo: Cassandra!
[OOC] Hector: U?
[OOC] KuGMpo: Unlimited - it doesn't count down in Status Phase.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Further, it lasts after combat, if it's still around then.
[OOC] Hector: For a moment there I thought it meant "Uncureable."
Cassandra[sub] casts poisona on Hector
[OOC] KuGMpo: Nope. Status(X) means that Status has duration X.
KuGMpo: The poison vanishes.
Hector feels the venom fade from his body. //"Whew, thanks."
KuGMpo: //Rot A and Rot B focus their ire on the one who disturbed their slumber.

KuGMpo rolled 2d100 and got 49, 82 ( Total: 131 )
Cassandra[sub]: "No problem, Leader."
KuGMpo: Only one of them hits.
KuGMpo rolled 1d8+14 and got 1 ( Total: 15 )
KuGMpo rolled 1d100 and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
KuGMpo: Pak takes 9 damage and is Poisoned(U).
Pak kyaahs!
Pak: "Eww… >.<;"
KuGMpo: Pak!
[OOC] Hector: Cake for breakfast. Not the best thing, but it should keep me going for a little bit.
Pak glares at the monsters. //"You… TxT"
Pak tries a gamble attack! Element Reels!
Pak rolled 1d10 and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
Pak: //Lightning!

Pak rolled 1d100 and got 33 ( Total: 33 )
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 27 ( Total: 27 )
Pak rolled 1d6+20 and got 6 ( Total: 26 )
Pak: 26 damage Arm!
KuGMpo: The drawer is filled with electrical discharges for a moment. Fortunately, being insulated, it nicely contains said discharges.
KuGMpo: Rot C disentigrates. The other two are looking a little crispy…
KuGMpo: Status phase: Pak takes 3 damage from Poison(U).
Pak winces.
KuGMpo: Battle order: Hector:15 Ahiru:13 Rot A:12 Rot B:12 Cassandra:11 Pak:8
KuGMpo: Battle order: Hector:15 Ahiru:13 Rot A:12 Rot B:12 Cassandra:11 Pak:8
KuGMpo: Hector!
Hector does a dramatic whip on Rot A. //"Ahiru, this one!"
Hector rolled 1d100-113 and got 4 ( Total: -109 )
Hector: //KA-POW!

Hector rolled 2d8+32 and got 3, 6 ( Total: 41 )
KuGMpo: …there isn't enough left of Rot A for Ahiru to attack.
KuGMpo: Ahiru!
Ahiru followa suit and attacks Rot A
Ahiru rolled 1d100-87 and got 48 ( Total: -39 )
[OOC] Hector: I think she means B
[OOC] KuGMpo: Rot A =‘`=`` dead. You mean Rot B?
Ahiru: (oh… yeah K then… sorry, I was caught up in following suit XD)
KuGMpo: hit
Ahiru rolled 1d8+10 and got 7 ( Total: 17 )
KuGMpo: Rot B is somehow hanging on. It’s not sure who to attack.
KuGMpo rolled 1d4 and got 2 ( Total: 2 )
KuGMpo: It decides to go after the one who hit it most recently.
KuGMpo rolled 1d100 and got 77 ( Total: 77 )
KuGMpo: …and misses.
KuGMpo: Cassandra!
[OOC] KuGMpo: Yay for Ahiru's high EVA.
Ahiru laughs at the rot and stics her tongue out
[OOC] Hector: Mine is 27.
Cassandra[sub] casts poisona on Pak.
KuGMpo: Pak feels less ill.
KuGMpo: Pak!
Pak throws a knife at rot B!
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 61 ( Total: 61 )
KuGMpo: hit
Pak rolled 1d6+20 and got 5 ( Total: 25 )
KuGMpo: Stick a knife in it, it's done.
Hector: Do do do do-do do-do-do!
KuGMpo: 183 XP and 66 Gil each.
KuGMpo rolled 3d100 and got 34, 73, 37 ( Total: 144 )
KuGMpo: No items.
KuGMpo: The refrigerator is truly clean now.
Hector: "That was…weird."
Pak: "Yes. n.n;
Hector cracks his knuckles. //"Not a bad workout, though. C’mon, let's go grab some lunch and some leads."
Pak: "Right."
[OOC] KuGMpo: 3*LVL 2 monsters, FYI. They weren't supposed to be much of a fight.
Pak: "Um… one sec."
Pak moves over to the bed and chews on the mithra guard's tail to see if it'll wake her up." // //
[OOC] Hector: That's why they were a workout and not a battle.
KuGMpo: //Guard: //"Mmm…mooore…"
Pak: "…"
Pak: "…She'll be fine? n.n;"
Pak: "…Maybe."
KuGMpo: //The guard rolls over in her sleep.

KuGMpo: Her tail sticks up, though.
Pak covers her with a blanket so that she's hidden.
Cassandra[sub]: "I'm all for getting going as soon as possible."
Pak: "Right. n.n We'll be back in a bit."
KuGMpo: The blanket kid of drapes over her stiff tail.
kind of
Pak: "…"
Hector chuckles. //"That's enough, Pak."
Hector heads out.
Pak blushes and follows after Hector.
Ahiru: //(I finally have Bible Black!)

[OOC] Hector: Which ones?
KuGMpo: The street is moderately busy, but not very. People go about their lives in front of you.
Ahiru: (Frist season 1-6, New Testament 1-4, origins 1-2)
[OOC] Hector: First season's 3 and 4 are GROSS.
[OOC] Pak: Someone cosplayed her at a con I went to… But I only knew 'cause someone pointed it out.")
Hector walks down the street, looking for some kind of food/tavern-type place, as those are good for meals and information.
KuGMpo: SPR check, Hector.
[OOC] KuGMpo: The task itself is auto-success. But SPR check for the results.
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
[OOC] Hector: :O!
KuGMpo: Hector manages to avoid being overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of food options available.
KuGMpo: From taverns to street vendors to outright restaurants…and that's just what he can see out here. He remembers from his trip inside that there are many more in the cave.
Hector looks at Ahiru. //"You got any special dietary needs?"
Ahiru: "I just prefer not to eat meat… particularily birds."
Hector: "Hm. So I guess we can't go to the All-Meat Steakhouse over there."
*he thumbs it*
Ahiru sweatdrops
Pak whimpers. "I-i wanted some meat."
Pak: "Well… a more standard restaurant would work, right?"
Hector: "Yeah, I'd think so."
KuGMpo: //Food from all over the kingdom is available here. Of the four 'burgs, this is the one one without its own major food source - but it has a lot of wealth, being the main source of metals and other mined goods, and wealth buys imports.

only one without
Pak: "Hmm… We could go to the Plainsburg Buffet."// He points.
Hector scratches his head for a moment. "Sure, what the hey."
Ahiru smiles and hops after
Cassandra[sub] follows along behind still a little depressed, wanting to get a move on
KuGMpo: //The staff here is all-moogle. A waiter hops up on a stool as you come in the door. //"Party of four kupo?"
Hector: "Yup."
Pak: "Yup~"
[OOC] Hector: You and your moogles, man.
KuGMpo: "Kupo this way."
He hops off and heads for a table, motioning for the party to follow.
[OOC] Pak: Seaburgers would be too risky. >.<")
[OOC] KuGMpo: Hey, they're the only ones not in the party. ;)
[OOC] Hector: That's because moogles are the gnomes of the FF world: making one is instant-fail.
Pak follows after nyo!
[OOC] Hector: seriously, everyone who's a gnome in WoW fails at life.
[OOC] Hector: *CONTROVERSY!* flashes across the screen
[OOC] KuGMpo: Perhaps, though it takes a certain care to make 'em correctly.
Hector briefly glances around, surveying the clientele.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Like, if I were to play WoW, I'd probably do either dwarf or gnome.
[OOC] Hector: Dwarves are fine because they're not made of midget-fetish and knee-high.
KuGMpo: //The clientele is decidedly more moogle than the populace on the street - travellers enjoying the comforts of home, perhaps.

Pak prods Hector. //"Anyone suspicious nyo?"
[OOC] Hector: And for one thing, a dwarf paladin is awesome because they're made of BRICK.
[OOC] Hector: Dwarf Warrior = Perfect Main Tank
[OOC] KuGMpo: Dude. My taru-alike in FFRPG is all about the knee-high.
[OOC] Hector: Gross.
Hector: "Huh. Not that I can tell. Looks like regular civilians."
[OOC] KuGMpo: …there's also the fact that he's asexual, though no one there knows it yet - not for want of attempts.
Hector: "Still, with the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if The Law of Everything Going Wrong At Once applied to here harder than anywhere else we've ever been."
Ahiru: //(It's PAt?)

Hector: "It'd be nice to get some downtime for a meal, though."
Pak: "Hehehe… Don't worry so much. I'm sure this'll be fine."
KuGMpo: The moogle waiter soon returns with four plates. //"5 gil per person, kupo. Pay in advance: the buffet is all-you-can-eat."
Hector: "I'm the leader. I have to worry."
[OOC] KuGMpo: Pat?
Hector puts 5 gil down.
KuGMpo: //The waiter looks at the other three.

Ahiru: (THere's a move called //"It's Pat" about a character no one can guess the sex of)
Pak pays 5.
Ahiru gives 5 gil
Cassandra[sub] gives 5 gil
[OOC] KuGMpo: Ah. Well…it hasn't gone that far yet, but almost.
KuGMpo: //The waiter takes the gil and dishes up the plates. //"Enjoy your meals."
Hector does a preliminary investigation of the buffet so he can plan in advance what he wants.
KuGMpo: //Wheat products and chocobo steaks dominate the menu.

Ahiru goes for a vegetable pie
Pak looks around… //"…Chocosteak?" He takes a piece.
Hector makes a chocobo steak sandwich and gets some curly fries if at all possible. (CURLY FRIES PWN JOO)
KuGMpo: //The fruit and vegetable selection is a bit weak, but they do have a vegetarian pot pie.

Ahiru: (Mmmmmmmmmm Arby's… I've been eating at Arby's a lot lately)
KuGMpo: There are indeed curly fries.
Cassandra[sub] gets the same thing as Hector.
[OOC] Hector: I haven't had Arby's in at least…twelve to fifteen years.
[OOC] KuGMpo: I think I had Arby's a few months ago, mainly for nostalgia's sake. Hadn't had it before that for over a decade.
Ahiru: (I hate eating burgers out… but I love those roast beef sandwiches!)
Pak takes some pasta too if they have it.
KuGMpo: They do indeed have pasta.
KuGMpo: A few different kinds of noodles, with about the same number of types of sauce.
Ahiru: (prima rossa, alfredo, marinara….)
Hector also gets something to drink, something with no alcohol (it's too early for that).
KuGMpo: Fountain drinks are on tap - the restaurant seems to be able to offer cheap prices mainly because it's self-service.
Ahiru isn't familiar with the beverages but sees //"Beer - home-brewed from Barley Oats" and orders that
Pak takes some Moogle Soda!
KuGMpo: //It's all self-service. You wonder for a moment if they have any problem with underage types helping themselves to beer.

Cassandra[sub] grabs some cranberry juice
Ahiru: (Ahiru is 16 XD)
KuGMpo: Hector gets a tap on the shoulder.
Ahiru: (though mentally probably around 6-8)
Hector turns around. //"?"
KuGMpo: //Moogle waiter: *points to Ahiru* //"Your friend…she is old enough kupo?"
Hector shrugs. "I honestly don't know."
Ahiru finishes pouring herself a class of home-brewed barley-oats
KuGMpo: //Waiter: //"Ah kupo. Umm, miss!"
[OOC] Hector: Is the legal drinking age 18 or 21?
Ahiru blinks. "Hm?"
[OOC] Hector: Hector is 19, btw
Ahiru blinks. "Hm?"
[OOC] Hector: Hector is 19, btw
[OOC] KuGMpo: It's not formally set.
KuGMpo: "You are old enough that we're not going to get in trouble if you drink that, kupo?"
[OOC] KuGMpo: There are informal standards, but they vary.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Thus the waiter's indecision.
Ahiru: "There's an age limit? I just wanted to try the barley drink because barley is very tasty!"
[OOC] KuGMpo: Thus the waiter's indecision.
Ahiru: "There's an age limit? I just wanted to try the barley drink because barley is very tasty!"
KuGMpo: //The waiter seems surprised. //"…do you know what beer is?"
Pak: "…n.n;;; A, ahiru doesn't?"
Ahiru: "…No…"
Ahiru: "A barley drink, right?"
KuGMpo: "I kupo."
*turns to Hector* "You will be, umm, responsible for her, kupo?"
Hector: "Yeah, yeah. If she attempts to vandalize anything, I'll restrain her and remove her from the premises."
Ahiru blinks and sits down with her pie and beer, eating And drinking casually
Ahiru: "Its not quite what I expected…"
KuGMpo: "Kupipo!"
*bows* "Also make sure she doesn't pass out. The boss would kupo if we had another one this week, so close to the Expo."
KuGMpo: //The waiter starts tending to other duties.

Hector: "…hoo-boy."
Hector eats!
Pak sits next to Ahiru. //"Um… Beer is alcoholic."
Ahiru speaks through a mouthful of pie. "What's alcoholic?"
[OOC] KuGMpo: And this is the critical from Hector's SPR check: finding a place so extremely self-service, the staff would honestly have problems identifying you if pressed by law enforcement.
Pak slurps up some pasta with red sauce.
[OOC] Hector: HA HA!
Pak: "It's stuff that makes you dizzy."
Ahiru: //(And the only notable one is not on any wanted posters

Ahiru blinks. //"Why would a drink do that?"
Pak: "Hector shouldn't have any. He starts hitting on everyone."
Hector: "Aw, geez. You have to bring that up again, don't you?"
[OOC] Hector: wate wut
KuGMpo: //Ahiru - VIT check

Ahiru: (roll d100 right?)
Ahiru rolled 1d100-6 and got 77 ( Total: 71 )
[OOC] KuGMpo: Yep. 1d100 vs. (10+VIT*3)
KuGMpo: Ahiru feels a bit tipsy.
KuGMpo: The pie is cutting it, but the beer is potent and her body weight is not massive.
Ahiru: (oh… then it woulf be 1d100+28?)
[OOC] KuGMpo: No, 1d100, and try to roll no more than 28.
Ahiru rolled 1d100+28 and got 58 ( Total: 86 )
Hector quirks an eyebrow up.
Hector: "She's a total lightweight…"
[OOC] KuGMpo: I was going by the unmodified roll.
Ahiru decides not to have more barley juice after this
KuGMpo: Meanwhile, Pak & Hector find their meals refreshing and HP-refilling.
[OOC] Hector: WOO
[OOC] KuGMpo: Srsly, the number of ways you can regain HP for free in this town. >_>
Ahiru: (it cost 5gil)
[OOC] KuGMpo: True.
KuGMpo: Before too long, the meal is done and the four bellies are full.
KuGMpo: It is now about 2 PM.
KuGMpo: Ahiru is still slightly tipsy, but not as much as before.
Saiai-neko feels full!
Hector puts his dishes and stuff in the designated place and returns. //"Alright! A full stomach makes for a less stressful adventure."
Pak feels full!
Pak: "Yeeees. n.n My pasta was taaasty~"
KuGMpo: //So, where to?

Pak: "Should we go back, or look for info?"
Hector: "Let's check out some leads."
Hector exits the restaurant and then looks around, pondering heavily.
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 35 ( Total: 35 )
[OOC] Hector: rolling tactics
[OOC] Hector: which is a 37
KuGMpo: If anyone did see what happened, they'd probably be inside the cave.
KuGMpo: There's also that shrine, supposedly about halfway up the generator.
[OOC] Hector: Shrine?
Pak wants to stop by the house for just a second to make sure she wasn't kidnapped again
[OOC] KuGMpo: To Bolt.
[OOC] Hector: Ah.
Ahiru: "Ooo yes, can we check out the shrine?
KuGMpo: The guard isn't there when you swing by, but it doesn't seem to have been ransacked this time.
Hector: "Yeah, let's."
Pak: "…Kay, it's fine in there. I think."
Pak: "Let's go to that shrine, then!"
Hector: "Well, she DOES have a job to do."
Hector: "And I'm not talking about making a man out of you. Though I think she needs to get around to that."
KuGMpo: You're heading into the caves?
Hector: Y
[OOC] Hector: brb
KuGMpo: You can see, from the entrance, uniformed types swarming over where you had the battle earlier. Fortunately, they're a fair distance inside, and stairs leading up - marked //"To Bolt's Shrine", even - are right next to the entrance.
Pak whines and kicks Hector's shin- but not that hard.
KuGMpo: //The stairs are a bit narrow, leading up the side of a massive pillar of concrete - there's more of it inside than out.

KuGMpo: There are entrance doors at a few of the levels. //"Generator Tours" is on the bottom level.
KuGMpo: //There are entrance doors at a few of the levels. //"Generator Tours"
is on the bottom level.
Hector makes a weak pain-noise.
[OOC] Hector: Ah, sweet caffeine.
KuGMpo: //The ones above are various versions of //"Employees only"
, until you reach "Bolt's Shrine".
Pak follows up the stairs.
Ahiru doesn't know where to start and looks to the others
KuGMpo: //…for some reason, this door is the most highly decorated of all of them. The others were sturdy but functional; //"Bolt's Shrine"
is painted in glittering gold and decorated with icons.
Pak blinks.
Pak: "Ahiru, are shrines usually this shiny?"
Hector: "o_O"
KuGMpo: //As you walk up, the door opens. A monk-alike in yellow robes comes out.

Ahiru: "I've never been to one before."
KuGMpo: The monkalike pulls down her hood, revealing a wizened human face - old in years, but with an irrepresable smile.
KuGMpo: Monkalike: //"Ah, more bretheren. You have travelled here to pray to Bolt too, right?"
Ahiru: "Yes, I'd like to talk to him if I could."
Pak: "I'm just curious about this place."
KuGMpo: //The monkalike steps up to Ahiru and clasps her hand. //"Oh, child, I'd like to talk to him too. But we can pray to him, and we know he hears our prayers."
Pak blinks.
Pak: "…"
KuGMpo: //Monkalike: //"Excuse the mess inside. We're finishing up construction - the King's going to use our shrine as a speaking platform tomorrow!"
Pak: "…"
KuGMpo: //Monkalike: //"Excuse the mess inside. We're finishing up construction - the King's going to use our shrine as a speaking platform tomorrow!"
Ahiru blinks and smiles. "I think I'll talk to him some day for sure though."
Hector: "Uh…huh."
Pak whispers to Hector. "Um… If Ahiru can communicate with Bolt and such, does that mean she's a mystic or something? What if these monks find out?"
KuGMpo: //Monkalike: //"Bolt be praised, Bolt be holy. The King has rewarded us handsomely for all the prosperity Bolt has brought upon Refuge!"
Hector shrugs.
Hector: "Wow, that's giving him a lot of credit."
KuGMpo: //The monkalike appears to only hear Ahiru. //"If that is your dream, then may you someday realize it. For now, feel free to step inside and pray."
KuGMpo: //Monkalike: //"…you are here to see Bolt, right? Not that…other spirit?"
Hector: "Other spirit?"
KuGMpo: //The monkalike's mouth twitches as she appears to almost say his name then stops herself.

Pak: "…?"
KuGMpo: She gestures to a nearby, dilapadated sign. //"Grav's Shrine", with a crude arrow pointing up.
Ahiru: "Well we need to see Bolt, I've never met him and would like to get to know him a bit."
Pak oohs.
Pak: "Ahh… well…"
KuGMpo: //Monkalike: //"Then, please, step inside and learn the many wonders and mysteries of Bolt!"
Hector quirks an eyebrow up and enters, figuring why not.
Pak keeps the sign in mind.
Ahiru hops up keeping her eyes open for Bolt
KuGMpo: //Inside is a bit cramped. Several other monkalikes are bowing down inside a statue of a lightning bolt.

Pak leans back and looks up at it.
[OOC] Hector: I am suddenly reminded of the giant Salazar statue in RE4 with all the evil monks.
Ahiru wanders the room looking around as if expecting to see Bolt around a corner
Pak: "Oooh."
KuGMpo: (…)
[OOC] KuGMpo: Computer died. Did my connection bounce?
[OOC] Hector: Lock and load, little bro. We're going cultist-hunting.
KuGMpo: To your right, you see a lightning-bolt-shaped window. You realize that this is the giant icon of Bolt you saw on the generator from outside.
Pak: "Pretty…"
Hector: "Hm."
Pak peeks out the window.
Pak: "You can see the whole town from here!"
KuGMpo: To your left are two doors, one on the near side and one on the far side. You hear rushing water and construction beyond.
Hector is standing behind and a little to the left of Pak, just to make sure he doesn't fall off.
KuGMpo: To your left are two doors, one on the near side and one on the far side. You hear rushing water and construction beyond.
Hector is standing behind and a little to the left of Pak, just to make sure he doesn't fall off.
KuGMpo: If you were cultist hunting, right now you'd be shooting fish in a barrel. //"Target saturated environment" comes to mind.
Hector: //I was joking.

KuGMpo: Along the left side between the doors, is a small library of bookshelves.
[OOC] Hector: Saiai and I have both finished RE4 so we know what I was talking about.
Pak wanders over to the bookshelves eventually.
KuGMpo: The shelves are packed with tomes; you can guess their material without actually reading the titles.
[OOC] Pak: ?
[OOC] Hector: Giant Salazar Statue.
[OOC] Pak: I know, I meant AAAA L R thing
[OOC] Hector: The QTE after it starts walking
[OOC] Pak: AHHHHH yes
[OOC] KuGMpo: Interesting that you should mention that, Jeff… >D
Hector checks out the female monks, then realizes that they'd be too into Bolt to do anything fun.
Hector also realizes that their cries during sex would be annoying, to say the least.
[OOC] Hector: :P
Pak: "…Did Ahiru find Bolt yet?"
KuGMpo: What does Ahiru do?
Ahiru is looking for Bolt
KuGMpo: The only thing that obviously seems like it might be Bolt would be the lightning bolt statue in the center of the room. Do you approach it?
Ahiru walks up to it and looks at it closely.
KuGMpo: The statue shakes as Ahiru gets close.
KuGMpo: The Monkalikes blink, then stand up, muttering confusion.
KuGMpo: Lightning begins to arc around the statue.
KuGMpo: The monkalikes stand back.
Ahiru: "That you, Bolt? You know you really should back down a bit, Grav says you're meddling too much with the mortals."
KuGMpo: Monkalikes: *mutter mutter* //"…she say Grav?"
KuGMpo rolled 1d100 and got 26 ( Total: 26 )
KuGMpo rolled 1d6 and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
Ahiru: "You're kinda disturbing the balance and Grav likes balance."
KuGMpo: //A weak spark leaps off of the statue as it turns to //"face"
Ahiru, striking for 6 damage.
Hector moves a little closer to Ahiru, ready to grab her and run in case the shit hits the fan.
KuGMpo: //The monkalikes are seriously backing out of the way now.

[OOC] Bridget: Wha? What's happening?
[OOC] KuGMpo: The statue woke up.
[OOC] Hector: And I'm gonna grab Ahiru and run in case something really shitty happens.
Ahiru rubs her face. //"Really, your such a spoilsport. You know what will happen if things are unbalanced right?"
KuGMpo: //The statue rattles more, emitting an angry growl.

KuGMpo: Ahiru is sensing Not Friendly vibes from it.
Pak cracks his knuckles.
KuGMpo: The lightning arcs, forming 3 glyphs in the air.
Ahiru pouts. //"Oh well, we'll meet agan in person Bolt… You can't have your way forever, and really, it's better that you back off first."
Ahiru looks at the glyphs
KuGMpo rolled 1d100 and got 71 ( Total: 71 )
KuGMpo: //One of the glyphs rains Thunder on Ahiru - or tries to, barely missing.

KuGMpo: Battle order: ElementalA:16 Pak:15 Ahiru:11 Cassandra:11 ElementalB:10 Hector:9 ElementalC:7 BoltStatue:6
KuGMpo: ElementalA, as stated, attacked and missed. Pak!
Pak gets his knives out. //"If I’m lucky, I can pull off…!"
Pak attempts Elemental Reels!
Pak rolled 1d10 and got 9 ( Total: 9 )
Pak rolled 1d10 and got 9 ( Total: 9 )
Pak: //Ice!

Pak rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 )
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 93 ( Total: 93 )
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 93 ( Total: 93 )
Pak gets a random ice attack.
Pak: 1-4, ABC statue.
Pak rolled 1d4 and got 4 ( Total: 4 )
Pak tosses a chilly dagger at the Bolt Statue.
KuGMpo: Roll it.
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 44 ( Total: 44 )
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 44 ( Total: 44 )
KuGMpo: hit
Pak rolled 1d6+20 and got 2 ( Total: 22 )
Pak rolled 1d6+20 and got 2 ( Total: 22 )
KuGMpo rolled 1d1+21,150% and got 1 ( Total: 33.0 )
Pak blinks.
Pak: "He doesn't like Ice!"
Ahiru smacks the statue too.
Pak: "He doesn't like Ice!"
Ahiru smacks the statue too.
Ahiru rolled 1d100-87 and got 97 ( Total: 10 )
[OOC] Pak: Aaah, botch!
KuGMpo: Ahiru runs past the statue and winds up on her face.
KuGMpo: Cassandra!
Cassandra[sub] runs up and smacks the Statue a good one
[OOC] KuGMpo: After this battle, you might want to pester Keith to get Scan when y'all reach level 6… >_>
Cassandra[sub] rolled 1d100-99 and got 95 ( Total: -4 )
Cassandra[sub]: (This dicebot hates us
KuGMpo: Cassandra trips over Ahiru and likewise goes down.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Highwind is known for, as they say, "haterape".
[OOC] Hector: dood wtf
[OOC] Hector: It's serving you all a heaping helping of Haterade.
KuGMpo: ElementalB targets Cassandra.
[OOC] Pak: *bribes Highwind with Loli*
KuGMpo rolled 1d100 and got 83 ( Total: 83 )
[OOC] Pak: Hahaha.
[OOC] Hector: Cid is not a pedo. Neither is Kain.
KuGMpo rolled 1d8+48 and got 4 ( Total: 52 )
[OOC] Hector: HORY!
[OOC] Pak: That's not the point.
[OOC] Hector: Is this supposed to be a battle we're not supposed to win?
[OOC] Pak: This dicebot's bribeable.
[OOC] KuGMpo: You might want to consider Escape Actions, yes.
dead* -5HP
Pak: "…"
[OOC] KuGMpo: Actually, that's Cass @ level 2. She'd be in SOS by now, though.
KuGMpo: Hector!
Hector: "…oh, hell. Retreat!"
Pak: "…»; Might it be a good idea to flee upstairs to the Graav shrine?"
Cassandra[sub]: (So add 10 for the moment?)
Hector: "Yeah. Let's see if we can get Graav's protection for this."
Hector is retreating!
[OOC] KuGMpo: Yeah, that'd work.
KuGMpo: Hector: roll it.
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 42 ( Total: 42 )
[OOC] Hector: i have no idea what i have to roll but whatever
KuGMpo: Hector barely manages to flee, pulling the rest of the party with him.
[OOC] Hector: WOO
Pak: "Upstaiiiirs!"
[OOC] KuGMpo: SPD check - at a + bonus given the monsters' level.
Hector is leading everyone to the Graav shrine.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Technically that would be a -, but under the circumstances, a + seemed more in order.
KuGMpo: The four of you burst out of the shrine, leaving the monkalikes to cower before their god.
Ahiru: "You should thank me for meetin Bolt!"
Ahiru: "You should thank me for meetin Bolt!"
KuGMpo: The stairs going up are considerably more rickety, especially once you get past the last //"Employees Only" door.
Hector: "Yeah, I'll thank you for almost getting us killed."
Pak: "T_T; It's not her fault Bolt's pissy."
Hector: "Remind me to get you a book of diplomacy lessons for your birthday."
[OOC] KuGMpo: Roll twice, everyone - SPD then VIT check.
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 39 ( Total: 39 )
[OOC] KuGMpo: And tell me if you pass.
Ahiru rolled 1d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 )
Ahiru rolled 1d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 )
[OOC] Pak: Pass, fail?
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 10 ( Total: 10 )
Ahiru: //…

Hector rolled 1d100 and got 55 ( Total: 55 )
[OOC] Hector: pass-crit, then maybe fail?
[OOC] Hector: Ahiru is seriously crit-failing everything today.
[OOC] Pak: Ahiru, roll again
Ahiru rolled 1d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 )
Ahiru rolled 1d100 and got 33 ( Total: 33 )
KuGMpo: Ahiru has to be carried up the stairs. She might've broken something when she tripped.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Roll for Cassandra, too.
[OOC] Hector: There's nothing worse than failed run attempts that reach the mid-teens before you succeed.
[OOC] Hector: Or having to hold L+R for ten seconds because the game is stupid.
Cassandra[sub] rolled 1d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 )
Cassandra[sub] rolled 1d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 )
KuGMpo: Cassandra practically has to be dragged along too.
[OOC] KuGMpo: So don't bother with Cass's VIT check at this point, unless you want.
[OOC] Hector: This is not a fun day.
KuGMpo: You are almost ready to drop dead from exhaustion when you finally reach Grav's shrine.
Pak pants.
KuGMpo: It is the unattended, impoverished opposite of Bolt's. The simple paint announcing it has almost peeled off.
Ahiru nurses hure legs
KuGMpo: The only stairs going up from here, appear to lead outside.
KuGMpo: The air blowing in is cooold.
KuGMpo: The door to the shrine is ajar.
KuGMpo: Propped open with a jar, even.
Hector drags Cassie inside and sets her down next to whatever the hell the statue is.
KuGMpo: From the screams below, whatever…that…was, is still a few floor below you.
a few floors.
KuGMpo: This statue is a down arrow, terminating in a flat line.
Pak blinks.
KuGMpo: There is but one monk here, covered in grey robes.
Pak: "…It's kinda weird looking.
Pak: "Oh!"
KuGMpo: The monk's back is to you.
Hector: "Excuse me."
KuGMpo: Monk: *mumblemumblemumble*
Ahiru: "Hello?"
KuGMpo: Monk: //"!"
KuGMpo: //The monk turns around.

Ahiru blinks
KuGMpo: Fakir'sFace/Grav'sVoice: //"You came, little one."
KuGMpo: //Fakir'sFace/Grav'sVoice: //"I had not expected to see you here, yet here you are."
Ahiru blinks. "F-fakir!?"
Hector does the La Pucelle "MEGA D:" face.
KuGMpo: "Alas, no. I am merely borrowing a familiar face."
Ahiru tries to get up but her legs refuse to hold her. "Owww…"
KuGMpo: "You are injured?"
He waves a hand.
Pak: "O_O!"
[OOC] Hector: Pak, do the face, too!
Pak does it too!
KuGMpo: //All of you feel seriously wierd, as gravity goes klien bottle for a moment.

Ahiru: "Then you're just Grav lookng like Fakir? How mean!
[OOC] Hector: Klien bottle?
[OOC] Hector: That is a term I am so unfamiliar with I doubt its validity.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Looping in on itself.
[OOC] Hector: OH
[OOC] Hector: It is valid. Egg on my face. :-(
[OOC] KuGMpo: Within your internal organs.
[OOC] Hector: HOLY
KuGMpo: Then it passes, and you feel Much Better.
Pak feels dizzy.
Pak: "Waa!"
[OOC] KuGMpo: He's Grav. How do you think he heals people? ;)
[OOC] Hector: Is he the gravity or earth spirit? If you told me, I must have forgotten.
Cassandra[sub] feels better now //"Hey Thanks."
[OOC] KuGMpo: Gravity. The earth spirit is Gaia.
[OOC] Hector: 'kay.
KuGMpo: "I thought it better if I had some form. If you would rather speak to a disembodied voice?"
Pak: "Bolt's mean! ._."
Hector: "No, we're fine."
Hector: "Thanks for the pick-me-up, though. Good to know someone's not out to kill us."
nods to Pak* "Quite. You encountered him, I take it?"
Cassandra[sub]: "He almost shocked me to death."
KuGMpo: "I see, I see. Hmm."
Hector: "So, uh…Ahiru says you've been giving us a bit of a hand since we started out."
KuGMpo: "This place is protected against the other spirits, but beyond this door…"
KuGMpo: "That I have been. Has she told you of the errand?"
Pak: "I'm not sure what it is."
Ahiru tries to remember. "Have I told them?"
KuGMpo: //He smiles. //"Then tell them now, dear. And tell me, so I know you remember it well."
Ahiru: "Well… pretty much, Grav wants us to go around and make the spirits like Bolt stop upsetting the balance of things…"
Ahiru: //(Ahiru is so to the point)

KuGMpo: "Beyond that. Show them your brooch."
Ahiru: (She has no subtlety or dtail XD)
KuGMpo: "I want you to capture them."
Hector: "Uh…huh. So why us? I can understand why you'd be asked to, since you seem to have the affinity for those kind of things."
Ahiru pulls out the pendant with the small empty jewel slots
Hector: "But why drag a common bandit and his crew into this?"
KuGMpo: He smiles. //"Common, you say?"
Ahiru: "Do you think I can do this alone?"
Hector: "You have a point, but…again, I ask, why us?"
KuGMpo: "You believe yourselves common?"
Hector: "Well, aren't we?"
KuGMpo: "…it is too bad that officer friend of yours isn't here. Her insight would have explained this."
Pak is a little lost.
Hector: "Yeah, tough luck, that."
KuGMpo: "How many other bandits, other than your crew, do you know? Not just what you've heard have been operating, but actually know?"
Hector scratches his head. "Well, I'll be."
KuGMpo: "…your isolation has helped keep you safe. You are, in a sense, the last free people in this land."
Pak: "o.o"
Hector: "Whoa."
Pak: "W, wha?"
[OOC] KuGMpo: You might well have believed yourselves common.
[OOC] KuGMpo: He's basically just admitted to all the others being gone.
KuGMpo: //He shakes his head. //"Bolt has something to do with this, I'm sure."
KuGMpo: "Corrupting this land, and the people in it."
Hector: "And you want us to capture him. Hm."
Pak: "So… so, wait. We're the only criminals left?"
KuGMpo: "Tell me. I've heard there is to be a celebration of sorts to be held here soon, honoring him. What have you heard of it?"
Pak: "I heard there's gonna be an execution using an electric chair…"
Ahiru: "The King's coming."
Hector: "An execution by kangaroo court, no less."
KuGMpo: //He nods. //"That's about what I figured."
Hector: "All spectacle, no justice."
Hector: "They planned the whole thing out from the start, too. All the wanted posters were printed before the crime was committed."
KuGMpo: "Criminals, you say you are. But by what laws?"
Cassandra[sub]: "The laws of Refuge."
Hector: "They think we burned down Forestburg, which we didn't. It was the work of some giant living flames."
Hector: "And we found a machine with Bolt's symbol on it near where the flames originated."
Cassandra[sub]: "Well yeah, we didn't do that, but we did steal from people."
Hector: "Only to feed ourselves."
Cassandra[sub]: "True…"
KuGMpo: "So. Tell me. What drives you, 'common' bandits? What do you seek?"
Pak: "I wanna help Oniichan.
Hector: "A better life for the people of Shaft."
Cassandra[sub]: "I want to live my life how I choose, free of my family."
Hector: "They work in unfair, oppressive conditions and make little off their labors."
Hector: "They could barely afford enough food to keep going."
KuGMpo: //He smirks. //"Heh. Shaft number 2. And a better life they would have, if the corruption that caused them to be underpaid was eradicated."
Hector: "I'm thinking…maybe they should relocate somewhere they could be self-sufficient. But I know not of such a place."
KuGMpo: "Do you think the cities grew by accident? All this artifice - it is Bolt's design."
[OOC] Hector: God, I sound like Crispin Freeman.
Ahiru: //(What?)

[OOC] Hector: I mean, just imagine Hector from the latest Castlevania saying all this.
Ahiru: (Crispin Freeman voices in Castlevania? Must play…)
[OOC] Hector: It just sounds like how he talks.
KuGMpo: "It bears his unmistakable mark. Is there any place in such a thing, for the loose mass that is your people?"
[OOC] Hector: Curse of Darkness. It's, uh…25-30 bucks ATM. PS2/X-Box.
KuGMpo: "help me, and you help yourselves."
[OOC] Hector: Maybe less.
Ahiru: (Must wait till I have PS3… *doesn't have a PS2 - won't bother now*)
[OOC] Hector: Yeesh. You're so far behind.
Hector: "I guess we will, then."
Ahiru: (I bought my PS1 when PS2 came out… and I didn't get a PS2 'cuz a friend had it… but now a PS3 would be worth it with all of it's options)
KuGMpo: His expression darkens when there comes an insistent thumping at the door.
[OOC] Hector: Not to mention you could use the boomerang controller to hunt small game. :P
KuGMpo: He sighs. //"The statue itself has been…restrained…by Bolt's followers, but I am afraid Bolt's servants have come looking for you."
Ahiru: "They can all go, I want to distract them~"
KuGMpo: "I have not as much power as I would wish up here. That is why Bolt had my shrine placed here."
Pak: "Hmm…"
KuGMpo: "No, you can defeat them. The tools you need are outside. I shall…delay them, for a bit, while you rush past them."
Pak: "Outside-oh, up the stairs."
Pak nods.
Pak: "Let's do it? n.n;
Hector: "Yeah. Let's."
KuGMpo: "I shall delay them when you open the door. Good luck."
Ahiru: "Awwww I wanted a little time BACK…"
Ahiru: "Oh well, let's kick bolt lackey booty!"
KuGMpo: "I am afraid Bolt will not speak with you, young one. He knows you are my serv…*assistant*."
Hector gets ready to run.
KuGMpo: "And that you oppose what he seeks to finish."
Ahiru: "But it was something new~"
Ahiru: "BACK then I couldn't do any of this, so I'm happy to help you Grav"
KuGMpo: "Heh. Help me in my task, young one, and the whole world will be made anew. This I promise you!"
Ahiru: "BACK then I couldn't do any of this, so I'm happy to help you Grav"
KuGMpo: "Heh. Help me in my task, young one, and the whole world will be made anew. This I promise you!"
KuGMpo: //The bangning on the door continues. Those outside don't seem to be getting anywhere, though.

Pak is ready too!
[OOC] KuGMpo: So, who opens the door?
Hector: "Cassie, get the door."
Hector: "Just make sure you step back when the Bolt-guys come in so they don't grab you."
KuGMpo: "They can not enter here."
Pak: "…But the stairs are outside, aren't they?"
Hector: "I…see."
KuGMpo: "As I said, I shall delay them."
Pak: "…Kay!"
Pak rushes the door~!
KuGMpo: The three elementals are outside. They whirl on Pak - then crash to the ground.
KuGMpo: "Run! Hurry!"
Hector runs like HELL.
Cassandra[sub] keeps close to everyone
KuGMpo: "This is…taking my…energy. Not…much…time…"
Ahiru rushes along behind, waving bye to Grav
Ahiru rushes along behind, waving bye to Grav
Pak dashes up the stairs!
Hector is hauling the proverbial ass.
KuGMpo: As you head out the door, the elementals recover and follow.
KuGMpo: Outside…you've seen mountaintops, from far below and in pictures. Never have any of you actually been this high, though.
KuGMpo: Several rivers converge on a big hole in the ground - the inlet for the generator.
KuGMpo: A massive constant roar sounds from deep below.
KuGMpo: Snow and rock lie everywhere, leading up to a gently sloping cliff.
Pak: "…Wait, what are we supposed to use?
Pak: "…Wait, what are we supposed to use?
KuGMpo: You're currently on the most stable footing around - the concrete pad at the top of the generator.
Pak: "Are we supposed to throw snowballs at them or something?"
[OOC] Hector: If this is a puzzle, my brain is currently flicking a lighter to no avail.
[OOC] KuGMpo: This is a puzzle.
[OOC] KuGMpo: If fail, go to tough combat.
Pak thinks.
Pak: "…Okay. There's a big hole, a lot of snow…"
Hector: "Bolt doesn't like ice."
KuGMpo: There is both frozen and unfrozen water in abundance.
Pak: "And lots of water… but they can float, right?"
Hector: "Ice is made of water. Water makes electricity go bonkers."
Hector: "Find a way to get them into the water?"
[OOC] KuGMpo: You don't know if they can float.
[OOC] Pak: I mean levitate.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Ah. Yes, they do do that.
Pak: "…"
Pak looks for a tall pole or something.
Ahiru: "Maybe get them into the hole… pour water in and freeze them?
Hector: "Hm. Bring down an avalanche on their heads that pushes them into the river that's connected to the generator, thus blowing it up?"
Ahiru: "Maybe get them into the hole… pour water in and freeze them?
Hector: "Hm. Bring down an avalanche on their heads that pushes them into the river that's connected to the generator, thus blowing it up?"
Pak packs a snowball just in case
[OOC] Hector: I am not a puzzle guy.
KuGMpo: This high up, there are no trees. Aside from the concrete and the hole, it almost looks like a pristine arctic wasteland…that happens to be where several rivers converge.
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 59 ( Total: 59 )
KuGMpo: This high up, there are no trees. Aside from the concrete and the hole, it almost looks like a pristine arctic wasteland…that happens to be where several rivers converge.
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 59 ( Total: 59 )
[OOC] Hector: Failed tactics.
[OOC] Hector: 22 over.
KuGMpo: A flicker of light comes from the stairwell. They're almost out.
[OOC] Hector: Don't give us a time limit.
[OOC] Hector: That is the worst thing you can do.
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 55 ( Total: 55 )
[OOC] Hector: ARGH
[OOC] KuGMpo: You might want to move away from the stairs, to get more time.
Hector: "Alright, let's move back a bit."// *heads towards the slope part*
Pak tosses the snowball towards the stairs and moves towards the hole.
[OOC] KuGMpo: The slope?
[OOC] Pak: Right. The rivers or something!
[OOC] Hector: I don't handle these situations well.
KuGMpo: //Pak hears a buzz of complaint.

Ahiru: "Grav? Any advice?"
KuGMpo: Pak - roll weapon damage @ 150%.
[OOC] Hector: And by "well", I mean "at all"
[OOC] Hector: I need a strategy guide.
KuGMpo: Grav is silent.
Pak rolled 1d6+20 and got 1 ( Total: 21 )
Pak: Er.
Pak rolled 1d6+20,150% and got 2 ( Total: 33.0 )
Pak: "Throw snowballs!"
Pak: "…"
Pak: "WAIT!"
Hector: "Knock them into the water with the snowballs."
Pak nods! //"If we hit them with a lot of snow or something- yeah!"
Pak tries an IM spell!
[OOC] KuGMpo: Which one?
KuGMpo: //The elementals emerge just then.

Hector starts to make large snowballs that could seriously knock someone several feet back.
[OOC] Pak: …What do you mean, which one?
[OOC] Pak: Oh.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Which spell?
[OOC] KuGMpo: Terra - what are Ahiru and Cassandra doing?
[OOC] Pak: …But it's IM. I thought that just did something random in my case.
[OOC] KuGMpo: You can IM random; you can also IM one of the spells you've mastered.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Doing random?
Pak tries to teleport something other than himself- A large amount of snow- towards the elements.
[OOC] Hector: Make sure you do it when they're over water.
KuGMpo: The Teleport doesn't seem to work well. It focuses on the user exclusively.
Ahiru starts making snowballs for Hector to throw
Pak: "Let's get the big hole between us and the elements."
[OOC] KuGMpo: Hint: Cassandra has a spell that could do what you're aiming for.
[OOC] Hector: AERO
Cassandra[sub] prepares snowballs to throw at the elementals. //"Like we have a better plan?"
Cassandra[sub]: //(she does?)

Hector: "Cassie, you have that air spell, right?"
[OOC] Hector: I think so.
Cassandra[sub]: "Umm.. yes…"
Hector: "That's it!"
KuGMpo: The elementals are getting close…
Pak throws Snowballs to slow them down
Hector: "With Pak dropping snow on them and you launching it at them, it should hit them with enough force that they land decisively into the water."
KuGMpo: Pak: roll it.
Hector: "With Pak dropping snow on them and you launching it at them, it should hit them with enough force that they land decisively into the water."
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 43 ( Total: 43 )
KuGMpo: They dodge and weave, but are definitely slowed down.
Hector quickly gathers a pile of snow, then steps back, pointing at it. //"Cassie, aero it towards them."
Cassandra[sub] casts Aero to blow the snow at them
Hector: "Pak, teleport a chunk of snow right on top of them, if you can."
KuGMpo: //They're knocked back a bit more, but the Aero doesn't have enough force to blow much snow.

KuGMpo: On the other hand, the elementals themselves are blown back quite a bit by the wind itself.
Pak: "Teleport didn't work."
Hector: "Crap."
Pak thinks.
Hector: "Hmm. The aero did knock them back."
Cassandra[sub] tries to direct the elementals with the Aero into the water
Pak: "…I'll just try something random!"
Cassandra[sub] tries to direct the elementals with the Aero into the water
Pak: "…I'll just try something random!"
[OOC] Hector: Cassie got it, I think.
KuGMpo: Cass: roll 3 to-hits.
[OOC] Hector: Cassie got it, I think.
KuGMpo: Cass: roll 3 to-hits.
Cassandra[sub] rolled 1d100-122 and got 50 ( Total: -72 )
KuGMpo: 2 more.
Cassandra[sub] rolled 1d100-122 and got 74 ( Total: -48 )
Cassandra[sub] rolled 1d100-122 and got 98 ( Total: -24 )
KuGMpo: Two of them get knocked in the drink and explode. The third weaves its way towards you.
Hector starts throwing snowballs at the last one.
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 )
KuGMpo rolled 1d9 and got 9 ( Total: 9 )
[OOC] Hector: I'm talking like…spinning-arm rapid-fire snowball throwing her.
KuGMpo: …only to get trapped in a small iceberg that appears mid-air from Pak's casting.
Pak blinks.
Pak: "…"
KuGMpo: Hector's snowballs easily knock the elemental back, back…
Pak: "…I did it! n.n"
KuGMpo: Elemental go down the hoooooooooole.
KuGMpo: You hear a muffled explosion from about 4 stories below.
Hector: "…I'd hate to be that guy."
Ahiru drapes her weighted ribbon over her shoulders, throws up one arm and does a spin-jump into the air, landing in a pirouette. Completing another rotation she lowers her other leg and gives a bow. ~Victory~
KuGMpo: 761 XP & 326 Gil each.
KuGMpo rolled 3d100 and got 85, 52, 11 ( Total: 148 )
KuGMpo: 2 Electro Marbles, 1 Lightning Marble.
KuGMpo: Who takes them?
[OOC] Pak: Level!!!
[OOC] Pak: Who deserves the Lightning Marble?
[OOC] Pak: …Wait, I'll take it. I've got the most MAG
Hector sits down in the snow. //"Whew. Thought we were gonna be sent to the big bandit hideout in the sky."
Pak hands Hector 6 gil.
[OOC] KuGMpo: BTW - careful w/that Lightning Marble. That's serious one-shot pwnage.
Pak: "Here's your payback, Niichan."
Hector takes it and pockets it. "Knew you'd pay me back. Good job, kid."//
[OOC] Hector: What's the required exp for level 4? 4500 or 5000?
[OOC] KuGMpo: So, cut here or keep going?
[OOC] Pak: 3000
[OOC] Hector: Bah, I mean 5.
[OOC] Pak: 5 is 5000
[OOC] Hector: I'm tired.
[OOC] Pak: Yes, I'm good for today

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License