EC Session 1.4

KuGMpo: So - you're paddling upstream from Forestburg.
KuGMpo: The scent of smoke is gradually replaced with fresh forest air.
Cassandra breathes in the fresh air..and coughs out the soiled air from Forestburg
KuGMpo: Dvihr got off shortly outside of Forestburg, so he could go back to the cart with supplies for Shaft he left outside.
KuGMpo: Kind of important to get them back safely. With no water transport, he's taking the paths - a slow trip, but he'll rejoin you when he can.
Hector: dice, 20-112?
Dice: it -92?
Hector: dice, 1-112?
Dice: it -111?
Pak stretches on the boat as other people paddle- his shift is done with!
Cassandra after a coughing fit, gets back to rowing.
KuGMpo: Awareness rolls, everyone.
KuGMpo: Tell me if you pass.
Cassandra: 1d10+30
Hector: 1d100 ; I couldn't pass a role like this to save my life but whatever
Dice: Cassandra; : 34
Dice: Hector; : 71
Cassandra: Oops.
Cassandra: 1d100
Dice: Cassandra; : 12
Hector: Yeah, I failed.
Felicia: 1d100
Dice: Felicia; : 51
Felicia: 6 over :/
Ahiru: 1d100
Dice: Ahiru; : 25
Cassandra: 18 under.
Ahiru: pass! We have to roll under right?
KuGMpo: Yes.
Pak: 1d100 ; 52
Dice: Pak; : 23
Pak: Got it
[OOC] Cassandra: I got it too, I think
KuGMpo: You know that feeling of imminent doom? Of something watching you from behind? Where the hairs on the back of your neck stand up?
KuGMpo: Three of you are now getting that.
Ahiru: "Ummm… Somethings watching us…
Pak squeals. "U-um…."
KuGMpo: Anyone looking back?
Cassandra: "Yeah..I don't like this feeling I'm getting"
Pak peeks over his shoulder
Ahiru turns around
Cassandra turns to look behind her
KuGMpo: …you didn't think that many ships could *fit* side-by-side in the river behind you.
Ahiru: "… Are they chasing us?"
Pak ACKS. "W, what the heck?!"
Cassandra: "What the…"
KuGMpo: Fortunately, they're only going a little faster than you. You've got quite a few minutes before they catch up.
Hector: "Chasing?" He turns around. "Cor blimey!"
KuGMpo: They're just out of shouting range at the moment.
Hector: "Everyone, paddle to the shore! We'll pull the boat onto the land and wait for them to pass."
Cassandra: "Right!" *begins to steer to shore*
Felicia: "I doubt that'll happen…"
KuGMpo: There's a spot just up ahead with a river edge ideal for that.
Ahiru doesn't have a paddle at the moment so uses her hands
KuGMpo: You easily make it.
Hector points to said spot. "There. We'll wait them out."
Pak jumps out of the boat and tries to drag it onto the land
KuGMpo: Do you just wait for them, in the open?
Hector gets out and pulls the boat up. "Find a place to hide, too."
KuGMpo: The soft soil provides little resistance.
Felicia shakes her head as she finds a spot.
Cassandra helps Pak with the boat, then hides in the soil near the shore
Hector: Little resistance to the boat-pulling.
KuGMpo: Yes.
Hector: Oy.
Pak: Stealth check for hiding~
Pak: 1d100 ; 20
Dice: Pak; : 14
Pak: Made it!
Hector: 1d100 ; 35
Dice: Hector; : 16
Pak is hidden quite well
KuGMpo: Stealth checks for everyone - at a bonus, 'cause you've got time.
Hector is also hiding.
Felicia: "Given that we could see them, they could more than likely see us move the boat anyway."
Cassandra: 1d100; no number for stealth
Cassandra: 1d100
Dice: Cassandra; : 80
KuGMpo: Cassandra tries to hide in the soil. Unfortunately, burying herself in the soil make quite a visible lump.
Cassandra thinks "This was stupid.."
[OOC] KuGMpo: Ahiru? Felicia?
Felicia: 1d100
Dice: Felicia; : 43
Ahiru: 1d100; no stealth
Ahiru: 1d100
Dice: Ahiru; : 10
Ahiru quacks and ducks under cover
[OOC] KuGMpo: There's a new rule about skills when you don't have them - which just came into play.
[OOC] Pak: ? Default?
[OOC] Ahiru: hm?
KuGMpo: Ahiru hides. Ahiru hides so well ((CRIT)), that she learns a few tricks ((and picks up Stealth at 20)).
KuGMpo: Felicia manages to conceal herself behind a tree - she thinks.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Rule: if you don't have a skill but you roll a critical success, and the check is low enough but not under 10, you gain the skill @ 20 for free.
[OOC] Cassandra: Nice.
Hector wonders where Ahiru went.
[OOC] KuGMpo: You can't learn more than 2 skills per level, by this and/or by being taught and/or by research. Not that that's likely to be a factor.
Felicia leans against the tree idly with her arms crossed.
KuGMpo: You hide…and the paddleboat armada passes by.
KuGMpo: One of the ships blows its horn as it passes your boat, but there is no other incident.
Hector waits for the boats to pass out of sight, then comes out of hiding.
Hector: "Alright, break's over. Let's get moving."
KuGMpo: You counted…maybe 10 ships, in all.
Cassandra gets up out of her hole, and dust herself off, still muttering something about the plan of her's being stupid
[OOC] Ahiru: Wow~ Lucky!
KuGMpo: An armada by Refuge standards.
[OOC] Hector: http:/‘`/``doa2wf4.jpg UNF
Pak peeks his head out of his hiding place. "That was… a lot of boats. What do you think they were doing?"
Felicia: "Looking for us, more than likely."
Ahiru hops out of the bushes noisily, startling everyone who’d lost her and hops into the boat
Felicia: "That… and probably headed to the same place."
Cassandra: "We will have to be very careful then." *continues to dust herself off*
Hector: "All the more reason to get this business sorted out as soon as possible."
Felicia: "…Good luck with that."
Pak: "…I forget the plan, Oniichan. Where were we going again?"
Cassandra nods in agreement wit Hector, and enters the boat and sits down at one of the rowing positions
Hector: "While I don't mind being called a criminal " He runs his hand through his hair dramatically. "the thought of being on the run for something I didn't do just doesn't sit right with me."
Ahiru: "Mountainsburg to try and find the firestarters, riiight?"
Cassandra: "Yes."
Hector: "Exactly, Ahiru. And good job on the hiding. I didn't know you had it in you. You'll be a brigand yet!"
Felicia: "And then what?"
Hector: "Get them to fess up to what they did, clear us of all charges, and then after that, well, I'm sure you'd love to ream them up one side and down the other with those swords of yours."
Ahiru giggles and rubs her head, flattered
Hector gets into the boat as it's pushed back into the water.
Felicia: "Tch. As if they'll confess to anything."
Cassandra: "Then we will beat it out of them."
Pak: "Or other methods…"
Hector: "We'll just make it clear that what we'll do to them is worse than whatever punishment they'll receive from the government."
KuGMpo: You're back in the water before long.
Felicia: "…Are you kids even thinking?"
Hector: "What, YOU have a better plan? Let's hear it."
Felicia: "Punishment from the government? The government put them up to it in the first place."
Pak: "Whaaaaat?"
Cassandra: "You know. Felicia is right. We could be running into something bigger than we think."
Hector: "Son of a bitch."
Felicia: "My plan is they're dead. And that's all I have to do with this emess. You can go and try to fight the Refuge army if you wish, but I have better things to do than get killed for no reason."
Pak: "…» Not all government conspiracies are… um… to the highest level."
Hector: "Hmph. I suppose we'll just have to do what we can and cross that bridge when we come to it."
Felicia: "Even if we got them to confess, their superiors would just cover for them anyway. And you all would just be taken in for 'questioning'."
Cassandra: "Yes, but I suggest we think it out also."
Hector: "So…we prove it our innocence to someone even higher up than them."
Dice: Switch your nick back >_<
Ahiru: "We can't exactly let them just do what they want
Felicia sighs and rubs her head.
[OOC] KuGMpo: What'd you miss?
Cassandra: "This simple bit of wanting revenge for a simple arson. This could blow up in our faces."
Saiai-chan: "Sorry, Felicia. But you can't just ignore this." He nods to himself. "If the Government is burning cities, it'll be your problem sooner or later."
[OOC] KuGMpo: Jeff, could you boot Pak so Saiai can change nicks, please?
Felicia: "There's a difference between ignoring a problem and dealing with it patiently."
[OOC] Hector: That involves kicking someone off the network.
[OOC] Hector: Can't he just change his name to Pak_?
Cassandra: " Yes. This is going to turn ugly if we just rush in."
Hector looks out down the river. "I'm not exactly the planning type. Just a leader. I could use a strategist."
Felicia: "You can run in there and think telling someone that what theyre doing is wrong will change them, but this isnt some fantasy world. People have better things to do than give a shit about a bunch kids opposing them. You're dealing with an army here; a kingdom. This isn't a game."
KuGMpo: Hector looks out down the river…and sees the armada, pulled to the side. There's enough room to pass.
KuGMpo: This is about the point where you first arrived at the river.
Cassandra: " Maybe we should listen to Felicia. I wouldn't want to mess with anything that has to do with the government, especially if they are out to get you."
Hector: "And they're not going to believe us if we tell them we didn't do it. So we'll have to get some evidence, then."
Pak: "…Shh. Boats are looking at stuff."
Pak peeks.
KuGMpo: The boats don't seem to have anyone aboard at the moment.
Cassandra: " I don't like this…really don't like this."
Cassandra looks at all the boats, and shivers a bit
KuGMpo: Doing anything, or just moving on?
Hector: What, are you saying we could steal a boat if we wanted?
KuGMpo: That would be possible - although your current craft is a lot more inconspicuous.
Pak hmms… "…Someone should see what's going on."
Ahiru: "It might be usefull to know what they're up to."
Pak sneaks out of the boat.
KuGMpo: Pak: where to? River bank? Anchor chain?
Hector: "Alright, you go ahead."
KuGMpo: Into the water?
Pak: River Bank.
Pak: I can't swim. =p
Cassandra: "Yeah. Good luck Pak."
Felicia: "…"
KuGMpo: Awareness roll, Pak.
Pak crawls along the ground carefully.
Pak: 1d100 ; 52
Dice: Pak; : 43
Ahiru follows Pak, sneaks into a bush, then changes into a duck and swims close to the Armada
KuGMpo: Pak sees a large number of tracks leading into the forest.
KuGMpo: In the direction of Shaft, in fact.
Pak blinks as Ahiru vanishes.
Felicia leans back in the boat, looking over the water.
Ahiru looks for her own clues
Cassandra just looks and shakes her head
Pak heads back to the group. "Nyaa. They're heading towards Shaft on land!"
KuGMpo: The boats are silent and apparently empty of people right now.
Ahiru flaps up onto the boats and scours it out
Ahiru turns back into a human to make opening doors easier
KuGMpo: Ahiru: Perception check
Ahiru: 1d100
Dice: Ahiru; : 8
Ahiru: pass!
KuGMpo: Crit, even.
Ahiru: Already have that skill though
KuGMpo: These boats are totally empty of people. Not of loot, though.
Ahiru: "Ooo…" Ahiru keeps looking to see if she can find information though
Cassandra looks at one of the oter boats and says "I don't like this, but maybe getting a look can't hurt. Maybe we could find information on them."
Hector: "So go ahead. I'm not going to stop you."
Hector: "I have some things I need to think about."
Cassandra: "Okay, Hector. Please be safe."
Pak: "You're not worried that there's a lot of people headed to Shaft, Niichan? Okay…"
[OOC] Hector: Goddamn, this little kid next door keeps coming by because she has no friends.
Cassandra gets off and climbs up to the 2nd ship parked on the left hand side
KuGMpo: Ahiru scores: 2xGoggles, 2xTonic, 1xTincture, 1xSoldier Helm, 1xBronze Shield
Hector sighs. "Look, I have a lot on my mind."
Ahiru grins. ((No information?))
Hector leans forward and puts his chin in his hand. "Hmph. Shit keeps happening so fast. I don't think I'm equipped to deal with it."
KuGMpo: As for information, copies the wanted posters from Forestburg are lying in one of the ship's bridges.
Cassandra gets on the boat and begins to snoop around
Pak: "Kay… I guess you and Felicia can stay here." He slips away from them and tries to head deeper into the forest.
Ahiru grabs them too and gets off the ship
KuGMpo: Along with a map, with Shaft highlighted.
Hector: "Should probably forget about the arson charges for now. Following this lead on Graav would be a better idea."
Ahiru takes that before she goes
KuGMpo: And the words, "Remember: one prisoner, then get to Mountainsburg by sunset in two days."
Cassandra: "I still don't think I like this, but…I'll look to help them out."
KuGMpo: Cassandra sees Ahiru walking away with what she's looted.
[OOC] Hector: This kid needs video games.
[OOC] Hector: Something to keep her in her own house and out of mine.
Cassandra stares at Ahiru…and shakes her head
Pak is in the forest. Crawl crawl crawl, Camo at 75%…
Ahiru runs over to everyone. "Lookie what I found!"
[OOC] KuGMpo: Perception check if you want to search the ships too - but Ahiru pretty much found everything already.
Hector "Hm's?" then see it's Ahiru. "What's up?"
Ahiru hands over the helm and shield and dislays the goggles
Ahiru then shows the paper
Cassandra: 1d100 ; 30 for perception
Hector takes the shield and equips it.
Cassandra: 1d100
Dice: Cassandra; : 20
Dice: Cassandra; : 60
Pak: o.o! She passed!
KuGMpo: Cassandra finds more copies of the map and posters. Nothing else, though.
Ahiru keeps the postions tucked away for herself
Felicia takes a pair of goggles, looking them over. "Hm. Standard.'
Cassandra just shakes her head, and walks back to the boat
Pak pops up behind Felicia. "What do they do?"
KuGMpo: However far they got, they're further than Pak went.
Felicia: "Protect your eyes, obviously."
Hector reads the paper. "One prisoner? Shit."
[OOC] KuGMpo: Goggles: Accessory - Blind Proof
Cassandra: "Should we follow, Hector?"
Ahiru: "What's the one prisoner thing…?"
[OOC] Pak: I was hoping for someone to say, "Nothing, really."
Hector: "They're linking the arson back to Shaft. I bet they're going to say something about terrorists."
Hector: "This keeps happening! They shit all over our town and expect us to take it!"
Felicia: "Mm."
Pak hops back into the boat. "So what do we do? Try to stop them from reaching Mountainburg with the prisoner?"
Cassandra: "I say we stop them."
Felicia: "…That might be a secondary effort, if you are familiar with Shaft."
Ahiru: "It's not like they're involved, so we should help them out ^+^"
Felicia: "Given that one prisoner probably means they'll be the only one left."
Pak: "T_T"
Cassandra: "All the more reason to go now, and not wait."
Pak: "They're not allowed to destroy our town, dammit!"
Hector: "Yeah. Let's go."
Pak suddenly clambers up onto a boat. "Wait one sec."
[OOC] KuGMpo: Lore: Area checks, if you have it.
[OOC] Pak: Are there cannons?
Hector: 1d100 ; 40
Cassandra: 1d100 ; 12
[OOC] KuGMpo: Yes, but not readily removable from the boat.
Cassandra: 1d100
Hector: dice, dice?
Dice: Hector; : 56
Dice: Cassandra; : 44
KuGMpo: Dice, dice?
Dice: Cassandra; : 66
Dice: God damn it, if one more person changes this message, I'll eat their flesh…
Hector: There we go.
Dice: God damn it, if one more person changes this message, I'll eat their flesh…
Hector thinks HARDER.
KuGMpo: Dice, slow much today?
Hector: 1d100 ; 40
Dice: nfi.
Dice: Hector; : 54
Hector: FUCK
Cassandra: 1d100 ; 12
Dice: Cassandra; : 32
Hector: 5#1d100 ; saving time
Dice: Hector; : 29 62 58 46 54
KuGMpo: Felicia - Lore: Tactics check
Hector: Ha. Finally got one.
Felicia: 1d100
Dice: Felicia; : 60
Pak hops back off. "T_T We can't take the cannons. Do you think there's any way we could sabotage their boat so that they couldn't make it to Mountainburg as fast?"
Cassandra looks at Pak, and smiles
[OOC] KuGMpo: Unfortunately, this is the kind of thing you'd either have heard of on first shot, or not know there's something to think about.
[OOC] Hector: FUCK
[OOC] Hector: This is not my day.
Cassandra: "That could work, Pak…but we need some explosives."
Pak: "They've got Cannons, so there's probably powder kegs."
Hector: "Explosives, huh. I know a little about those. I had an uncle who did demolitions in the mines, so I learned a bit from him."
[OOC] Hector: I have a 35% in Explosives.
Pak: "But if we don't hurry, they'll kill everyone!"
Pak: "…So… um…. What do we do, Niichan?"
Felicia polishes her sword idly as everyone else goes over the so-called plan.
Cassandra: "Yes, and we would have to leave quickly from the area. When the boats explode, they will come runnning back."
[OOC] KuGMpo: Actually - Jeff, you could try Command check.
Hector: 1d100 ; 33 I SUCK
Dice: Hector; : 41
[OOC] Hector: bonus for crowd that doesn't hate me?
[OOC] KuGMpo: Was subbing for Tactics.
KuGMpo: Something doesn't quite seem right - like, it's all too convenient somehow.
Hector sighs.
KuGMpo: What exactly that is, though, escapes you.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Try again.
Hector: 1d100 ; 33 I SUCK
Dice: Hector; : 41
Ahiru: de ja vu
Hector: You've got to be FUCKING KIDDING ME.
Pak: Dice, reshuffle
Hector: dice, randomize
[OOC] KuGMpo: …right. Reroll.
Hector: 1d100 ; 33
Dice: Cycling.
Dice: Done
Dice: Hector; : 34
Pak pfffffft
Felicia: Soda is delicious.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Try again until you get it, or get worse than 53
Hector: 1d100 ; 33
Dice: Hector; : 15
Hector: Oh there we go.
Pak: YAY
Hector: "It's a setup. This is too convenient to be a coincidence. They had this planned from the beginning."
Hector: "The amount of time between the fire and the apparent arrest of a terrorist is too short."
Cassandra: "Hmmmm…so, continue to Mountainburg then, Sir?"
Hector: "Don't you think the wanted posters showed up a bit too early after the fire?"
Cassandra: "Yes.
[OOC] Ahiru: I wasn't in the posters, was I?
[OOC] KuGMpo: Nope.
[OOC] KuGMpo: But Felicia was.
Ahiru: "They didn't have a poster of me
Hector: "Alright, we're heading to Mountainsburg. We can't outrun a chocobo on foot, but we can outrun them if we get a head start."
Ahiru: "So they had posters ready for everyone they KNEW"
Hector points to the chocobo trackers.
Hector: Tracks, not trackers.
Pak: "But why us…?"
Hector: "We're brigands, little bro."
Cassandra: "Why not us? Its too easy."
Felicia: "Easily targeted."
Hector does the punch-the-palm thing.
Pak: "…Why her, then?"
Pak points at Felicia. "They thought she'd be dead."
Felicia: "Or did they?"
Felicia: "I've known those three for years… they know me better than that."
Hector: "And the ice mage! He said he owed us."
[OOC] KuGMpo: No you didn't, actually.
[OOC] Felicia: SHHHH
[OOC] KuGMpo: Oh, K.
Hector: "And wouldn't some bandits try to implicate a soldier in their plan, if they were bastards?"
Cassandra: "Well, I think we should get to Mountainburg right now…If we start now, we can possibly get there before them."
Hector: "Yeah. Let's book like we've got a pack of rabid beavers on our tails."
Cassandra: "Again?"
Hector: "…"
Hector: "At least I didn't hire you for your brains."
KuGMpo: …as he says that, you think you hear beavers downstream. Maybe. Could be nothing.
[OOC] Hector: OH BITE ME.
[OOC] KuGMpo: :P
Ahiru: "Maybe it was to explain the turning… if she was suposed to led them but then starta
Ahiru: starts a fire, it's okay for them right?"
Hector starts back down towards the boat.
Cassandra: "Oh…umm…Hector, I didn't hear everything you said. I was thinking of something."
[OOC] KuGMpo: Are you blowing the armada, or just going?
Pak: "Hector, are you gonna blow up the fleet?"
[OOC] Hector: I have no idea.
Cassandra: "I was thinking…maybe we should slow these guys down."
[OOC] Hector: I don't exactly want to get nailed on something I DID do.
Pak: "If not, then let's gooo~"
Cassandra: "Yeah. We have to hurry anyways."
Hector nods.
KuGMpo: The woods begin to chrr again.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Are you?
[OOC] Cassandra: been on the boat for a while
[OOC] KuGMpo: You are if you say you are.
[OOC] KuGMpo: If everyone is - are you leaving?
Hector: Yes. We are going to Mountainsburg very fast.
Hector: Even I am rowing.
Hector: That's how fast.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Anyone looking back as you leave?
Cassandra looks back
Pak does too!
KuGMpo: You see a swarm of furry little pirahnas - or that's what it looks like - erupt from the woods, covering the ships.
Ahiru blinks as she watches
Cassandra: O_O "Well, I'll be…"
KuGMpo: Unlikely you'll get blamed for this one.
Cassandra looks straight ahead, and continues to row fast
Pak: "…So… what's up with those things anyway? >_>;;; They seem to keep appearing wherever we go."
Hector: "Friends of Graav?"
Cassandra: "Maybe friends of another elemental?"
KuGMpo: Graav's voice is faint, but you hear, "Heh, pulled in a favor for you."
Ahiru: "Graav says he's helping us out ^_^"
Cassandra: "Ahiru, thank him for me next time, please?"
KuGMpo: "Be careful. Bolt's intruding on Bio's territory. They're both upset…"
Ahiru: "Oh, I think he'd know all about that anyway~" ^_^
Felicia attempts to stir the water's current a bit in their favor.
Cassandra smiles, and rows as fast as possible
KuGMpo: You're out of sight of the boats when the swarm finds the ammunition locker.
Hector: "That's one less thing for us to worry about, at least."
KuGMpo: You are not, however, beyond the range of the resulting wave.
KuGMpo: Fortunately, it only gives you a speed boost.
Pak KYAAAAS as there's a giant EXPLOSION!
Cassandra: "Holy!!!!"
Hector: "Hmmm. I think Graav wanted us in Mountainsburg long before the guys on the boats."
Ahiru laughs. "Graav is so clever!"
KuGMpo: "Actually…I didn't anticipate that."
KuGMpo: You can almost hear him sweatdrop.
KuGMpo: The wave eventually dies down, and you're back to paddling.
KuGMpo: The sun sets before you make it to Mountainsburg. Fortunately, the two moons light your way.
Cassandra: "Ahiru, do you still have the helmet you picked up?"
KuGMpo: The forest to your left thins out, and then there's only mountains with a narrow path on the bank - at places widened, to allow road traffic.
KuGMpo: Eventually you pass under a bridge, and then there's practically no bank to the left, just a cliff that gets sheerer and sheerer.
KuGMpo: Even the forest to the right seems to be thinning out. You know that on the other side of Mountainsburg, it becomes plains.
Ahiru: "Want it?" She hands it over. ((No one picked it up, right?))
KuGMpo: But a few last trees stand to mark the port, as you slip into the outskirts of Mountainsburg.
[OOC] Hector: I got the Bronze Shield. :D
Cassandra: "Yes, please, Ahiru."
Pak helps row. n.n
Hector stops rowing and sets the paddle in his lap. "Ah, we're almost there."
KuGMpo: To those that don't live there, it is an impressive, imposing place from the outside.
Pak: "Hmm… What else did you get on your trip. there?"
Cassandra continues to row, and looks in awe at the beauty surrounding her
KuGMpo: You've seen a few minor waterfalls feed the river as you approached, but the central face of Mountainsburg is dominated by a huge waterfall - which collects most of the mountains' runoff and dumps it through a hydroelectric generator.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Think Hoover Dam but bigger, and in a waterfall in the side of a mountain instead of in a river's path.
KuGMpo: Most of the roar of the waterfall is, thankfully, muted by being inside the massive concrete structure.
Cassandra: "Wow."
KuGMpo: Signs of the rest of Mountainsburg being carved into the rock surround this central spine.
Ahiru: "Ooooooooo so pretty~"
KuGMpo: Right down to ground level, where massive, two-story caverns greet the far side of bridges, like mouths expecting titanic meals to be fed in.
Hector: "Before we do anything else, we should find a place to sleep."
KuGMpo: On the near side ((to you)) of the bridges, several buildings spread out in a town reminiscent of Refuge itself, but on a smaller scale.
of Refuge City itself
[OOC] Hector: I have yardwork to do before it gets dark, so can we wrap it up by 4, 4:30?
KuGMpo: A mithra night watchman walks up as you approach, and nods. "G'day, travellers."
[OOC] KuGMpo: Sure.
Cassandra: "Hopefully, no posters got here by now."
[OOC] KuGMpo: That's no more than an hour from now, right.
KuGMpo: Watch: "Here for the exhibition, are you?"
Pak stays inconspicuous.
[OOC] Hector: wouldn't it be a night watchwoman?
[OOC] KuGMpo: Right.
Hector: "What exhibition?"
[OOC] Hector: XD
[OOC] KuGMpo: Though she's got a deep voice. Natural bass.
KuGMpo: "You hadn't heard? The King's gonna be showin' off some new gizmo in a couple'a days."
KuGMpo: "We're expectin' a lot o' tourists."
Hector: "You don't say. I guess we'll have to check that out."
Pak: "That sounds fine…"
KuGMpo: "Be glad you got here t'night. Tomorrow 'bout this time, I dunno if we'll have berthing spaces for everyone."
KuGMpo: "Just tie your boat up where you are, though, and I'll make sure no one takes yer spot."
Cassandra: "Thank you."
Hector: "Thanks."
KuGMpo: "Okay. On you go, then." She begins to head off, continuing her patrol.
Hector: "You heard her. Let's pull in and tie her up."
Cassandra: "Right." *goes to help out with the boat*
KuGMpo: Pak, Awareness check.
Pak: 1d100 ; 52
Dice: Pak; : 86
Pak: Since it doesn't look like we'll be fighting today
Pak: 1d100 ; 52
Dice: Pak; : 45
Pak: Ha HA.
KuGMpo: Nope, sorry, you didn't notice her looking right at you.
KuGMpo: With a certain expression.
Pak: I didn't notice?
KuGMpo: You failed the first check.
Pak: Oh.
Pak: n.n;
Pak: S…so I did…? Wha?
[OOC] KuGMpo: Not necessarily.
[OOC] Hector: Aw.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Wait for it. ;))
Pak blushes and straightens his disguise nervously.
Pak: "Huu… @_@"
KuGMpo: So, your boat's tied up and you're on the dock. What now?
Hector takes a step forward and breathes in deeply and then exhales dramatically.
KuGMpo: Specifically, you're on the water-level pier; there's stairs up to the ground level the watch was looking at you from.
KuGMpo: And then the town beyond that.
Cassandra shakes her head "Let's find a place to rest."
KuGMpo: Crisp, fresh mountain air. A little moist, but that's to be expected.
Pak: "…Wait."
Pak thinks. "Wait, something…"
Pak: "…Hm."
Hector: "What's up, kiddo?"
Pak: "…What did that paper say about the prisoner?"
KuGMpo: KuGMpo And the words, "Remember: one prisoner, then get to Mountainsburg by sunset in two days."
Pak: "…Two days?"
KuGMpo: …is all that was written on the map.
Pak: "…Didn't that guard say there was some event in a few days?"
Cassandra: "Isn't that when the "Exibition" is going to be held? You don't think."
Hector: "Yeah."
Hector: "Public execution, maybe?"
Pak: "Yah. So their plan must be connected to it somehow…. We'll need to investigate over the next few days."
Cassandra: "Possibily."
Pak looks at Felicia. "That sound good and patient?"
Hector: "Right now, we should get some sleep so we can start planning with clear heads."
Pak: "Yes. n.n"
Pak walks towards down. "Let's go!"
Cassandra: "I agree." *yawns*
Hector puts his hands in his pockets and starts walking, looking at the town.
KuGMpo: The town stretches out in front of you. There are a few inns with their lights on nearby - clustered near the T where the Forestburg, Plainsburg, and Refuge City routes converge.
Cassandra: "Lets try over there." *points at the first Inn she saw*
KuGMpo: There's little traffic at this time of night.
Ahiru just keeps with the group and watches
Hector goes up to Ahiru. "Hey, what about that one guy you said you knew? Is he around here?"
Pak hmms to himself, wondering which Inn is least likely to have other mithra staying at it.
KuGMpo: Awareness checks, anyone who'd be familiar with the spirits' symbols.
KuGMpo: At a bonus.
Ahiru: "I don't know where he is, that' why I'm looking… I could ask around though
Ahiru: 1d100
Dice: Ahiru; : 68
Ahiru: ~_~
[OOC] KuGMpo: Miss by how much?
Hector: "Hm. Alright. Just checking."
Cassandra: 1d100 ; 30
Dice: Cassandra; : 76
[OOC] Ahiru: If I could go by legends…. miss by 22 Awareness 38 If I could add stat it would be less~
[OOC] KuGMpo: Legends would definitely cover it. +30 bonus, so pass.
KuGMpo: Ahiru looks around, looks up…
KuGMpo: …carved in larger-than-life proportions, if such a thing could apply to this, into the concrete spine of the waterfall/generator…
KuGMpo: …is Graav's symbol, above Bolt's.
KuGMpo: She can feel his presence radiating from the structure.
Ahiru: "Graav and Bolt…?" Ahiru runs up to the generator.
[OOC] KuGMpo: 10+ story waterfall. Shrine to gravity, yo.
[OOC] Cassandra: Ah
Cassandra: "Ahiru!!! Be Caeful!"
KuGMpo: You can't get to the generator from this side.
Hector: "Hrm? What's she up to?"
Cassandra: "Ahiru!!! Be Careful!"
Ahiru: "I'm gonna see if Graav's here in person!"
KuGMpo: There's a T of rivers; you're on one of the corners.
KuGMpo: The generator is the flat side of it.
[OOC] Ahiru: REally I can't? Whgat if I went Duck and flew?
Pak looks for a bridge to follow after.
Hector: "Ahiru! There'll be time for your hunches tomorrow. Come on, we're all tired here."
Ahiru pauses. "But…"
[OOC] KuGMpo: Maybe you could get up to the opening on top where the water falls in, or at the bottom where it comes out. The only safe entrances are from within the mountain.
Cassandra looks at Ahiru and shakes her head
[OOC] KuGMpo: This side of the generator is one massive solid slab.
Hector sighs.
Ahiru: "Oh, alright… I'l ask people if they've seen Fakir…"
KuGMpo: There are eight main bridges - four on this side, and four on the other - although a few of them are closed for repairs.
KuGMpo: Numbers appear to be carved into the cliff face above each one - 1-4 on this side, 6-9 on the other, and from the spacing #5 would be where the generator is.
[OOC] KuGMpo: So, off to an inn?
[OOC] Hector: Yes.
[OOC] KuGMpo: We're almost done, Jeff. Just one scene left.
Pak is a little perplexed by the numbers, but gives up and follows after Hector. "Niichan~"
KuGMpo: The innkeeper is a somewhat plump elvaan woman.
Cassandra follows also
Pak: "Since we're the only boys in the group, we get a room to ourselves, right?"
KuGMpo: "Howdy, travellers. We've got a special discount in light of the King's upcoming visit. Just 10 gil a person a night."
Hector: "Oh, uh. Yeah."
Hector: "Oh, that's great."
KuGMpo: "Two rooms, was it?"
Cassandra gives 10 gil to the women and smiles
Hector: "Yeah…yeah."
Hector puts his 10 gil down.
Hector: hay you other doods pay
Pak pays.
KuGMpo: "Okay, hons. Rooms 14 and 15 - upstairs and to your left." She hands one set of keys to each paying person.
Cassandra: "Thank you."
Cassandra takes a key 15 and walks down the hallway
Hector takes his key, then turns around. "Alright, Pak and I get this room. Cassie, you and Ahiru get the other room."
KuGMpo: She looks at Ahiru and Felicia.
Hector: Pen timed out. :P
KuGMpo: Felicia pays. (( :P ))
Ahiru hands over 10 gil
KuGMpo: The innkeeper nods, and goes back to her books.
Cassandra yawns and walks into the room
Hector opens the door and goes in, quickly surveying it.
KuGMpo: The rooms are fairly well set up. Room 14 has one large bed; room 15 has two one-person beds.
Ahiru wanders the common room first and asks if anyone has seen a man with dark green-black hair and
KuGMpo: Felicia, zombie-like, plops onto one of them and conks out.
Hector: "Hm. Not exactly like home, but it'll do."
[OOC] Ahiru: aka Fakir
KuGMpo: Innkeeper: "…hmm? No, sorry, can't say that I have."
Cassandra looks at Felicia and says "She was more tired than I was."
KuGMpo: Innkeeper: "But, you know what? They saw the Dwarven Lady knows all kinds of people. Maybe if you could ask her. Might be a challenge, though."
Ahiru: "A challenge?"
KuGMpo: "She *is* a celebrity, hon. All kinds of people wanting her autograph and pestering her."
Hector sits on the bed and takes his boots off.
Pak nods. "n.n Hehe…" He grins and sits on the bed. "It's better than the girl's side. I peeked in, they don't even have enough beds for everyone."
Hector: "Agh, my dogs are killing me."
Ahiru: "Ohhhhh…? I could maybe squeeze in somehow…"
Cassandra begins to get undressed, and sighs
Ahiru is satisfied and heads to bed.
Ahiru plops down into bed and cuddles into the covers without changing
KuGMpo: A short while later, there's a knock on door 14. ((Hector's/Pak's room.))
Hector sighs, gets up, and answers the door.
Pak bounces over and puts a pillow under Hector's feet. "I can take care of that if you want… oh?" He hops up. "I'll get it, Niichan."
KuGMpo: It's the watchwoman - now in civilian garb, rather than uniform.
Hector: "Uh…can I help you?"
KuGMpo: She looks past Hector at Pak. "Oh, I just wanted to make sure you were okay."
Pak peeks out from behind Hector. "Hn…?"
KuGMpo: Watchwoman: *leans in close to Pak* "If there was anything I could do to make you more…comfortable."
Pak bluuuushes. "U…um…" He backs behind Hector more. "N…niichan's feet hurt. Can you get us a footbath or some more pillows…?"
Hector quirks an eyebrow up, thinking to himself "So the catgirls go nuts for him."
KuGMpo: Cassandra, meanwhile, is in a room with two beds - both taken.
Cassandra steams for a bit, then sits on the floor saying to herself "I'm used to this by now."
Pak pauses. "…Oh! One sec."
KuGMpo: Watchwoman: "Maybe he can use yourrr pillows…"
Pak nods, getting an idea. He slips out from behind Hector and tries to move into the hall, knocking on the door. "Cassiiiie!"
KuGMpo: Pak slips out, but the watchwoman's body is now pressed against his.
Cassandra gets up and opens the door "Yes, Pak? OH"
KuGMpo: Watchwoman: "…you like to share, huh?"
Pak squeaks. "…Um… you don't have enough beds, right?" He points to the lady squished against him. "She said she'll make us more comfortable… so maybe she can get us an extra bed or something."
Pak tries to suppress his urge to flee.
Hector scratches the back of his head. "All this for my aching feet, huh."
KuGMpo: The watchwoman's hands begin moving around on Pak's chest.
Pak: "!"
Cassandra looks at Pak and says "Sure, I guess. Let me get my armor."
Hector takes a step out of the room and watches as the guard feels up Pak, and thinks "Oh dear god, she's going to find out he's a man."
KuGMpo: One hand reaches Pak's groin, and squeezes gently.
KuGMpo: Watchwoman: "…as I thought…"
Cassandra goes to grab her armor, and walks back to Pak saying "I'm ready to go." *she yawns, and is haf asleep*
Pak: "O~O"
Hector hopes to ghod the watchwoman doesn't think that he's gay.
[OOC] Hector: he being hector and not pak
KuGMpo: Watchwoman: *looks at Cassandra* "…okay, enough messing around."
Ahiru stirs at Pak's yelling and looks on, going to the door. "Noisy… why?"
KuGMpo: She grabs Pak and turns him around. "You. Me. Kitties. Anyone else want in, fine."
Cassandra: "Messing around?" *yawns* "What are you talking about?"
KuGMpo: She tries to drag Pak back into the room past Hector.
Hector: "…"
Cassandra looks at the nightwatch girl and pulls her sword out
Hector is standing the doorway, not budging. "Sorry, my little brother's not gonna breed with anyone unless he consents to it."
Pak squeaks! "W, waiiit~! Noo… N, not allowed!" He whines. "You're making Oniichan not have a sleeping spot! T_T"
Hector: "Cassie, stand down!"
Cassandra stands down, and yawns
KuGMpo: "Onii…" She blinks. "Oh, him? He can join in if he wants."
KuGMpo: "And you *do* consent, don't you?" She leans forward, giving Pak a clear view of her clevage.
Cassandra is confused at whats going on
Hector: "…hell of a mating ritual."
Ahiru looks at Pak. "I don't think he likes you…"
Pak whines. "Nnn…" He shakes his head. "Not if you're gonna displace Niichan! Niichan needs a nice warm bed! So does Cassie!!"
Cassandra leans on her sword
KuGMpo: "Hmph! Fine!" She releases Pak and begins to walk away.
KuGMpo: She seems to be walking a little funny.
Pak calls. "Don't you have your own room, anyway?"
Hector sighs, puts his hand on his forehead. "We need to get you a better disguise."
Pak frowns. "…Cassie, anyway. Go sleep in Niichan's bed with him."
KuGMpo: The rest of the night passes without incident.
Hector: A TRAGIC INCIDENT OF STUPID AND *snooooooooooore*
KuGMpo: :P
Cassandra passes out in Hector bed
Pak was actually gonna follow after her to make sure she doesn't do something like, alert every Mithra in the city.
KuGMpo: She just goes home, in an apparently foul mood.
Pak: Kay.
KuGMpo: And doesn't notice Pak following.
[OOC] KuGMpo: Fortunately for Pak.
Pak: So, Hector and Cassie sleep in the same bed, then.
Pak: n.n
Hector leans sideways against the door frame. "Doesn't this just beat all. We gotta conceal the fact that Pak's a mithra or he's gonna be knee-deep in pussy from now on."
KuGMpo: Where does Pak sleep?
KuGMpo rolls a d1: 1
KuGMpo rolls a d6: 6
KuGMpo rolls a d100: 94
Hector sighs. "Why can't I be the one who's knee deep?"
[OOC] KuGMpo: She rolled a botch on her Awareness check to see Pak, just so you know.
Cassandra rolls over, and puts her arm on Hector
Hector: "Maybe I'll think of something in the morning." He yawns, then slips into bed, attempting not to sleep too close to Cassie.
Hector: "o_O!" he shoves her arm back as quietly as possible.
KuGMpo: 400 XP for everyone - for getting past the armada without incident, and beating off the watch with a proverbial stick.
Cassandra: Thats a level up! XD
Pak sleeps at the foot of the bed Cassie and Hector are in.
Hector: No…
Hector: 1500 is level 3.
Cassandra: Oh. heh.
Cassandra beats Keith with a sword
[OOC] KuGMpo: Anyway - Jeff said he had to leave soon, so cut here.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License