EC Session 1.10

[OOC] Cassandra: So the last time we left, we were about to hook up with our wandering merchant right?
[OOC] WC GM: You just did, actually.
[OOC] WC GM: Shopping between sessions.
[OOC] Cassandra: Right..Oh…~_~
]OOC] Hector: I AM ALMOST BROKE
[OOC] WC GM: Or did you want to RP the shopping?
[OOC] Cassandra: Um, I'll just make due with what I have. ^_^;
[OOC] Xanatos: =_= *is hungry*
Aside from the bout of merchant activity, the voyage from Mountainsburg to Plainsburg is a quiet moonlit ride.
It's the kind of thing that might even be romantic, for the right couple.
Cassandra is looking out over the railing at the water, and sighs
Pak has dreams about a certain guard.
Pak is asleep?
[OOC] WC GM: Unless you're staying up all night?
Xanatos stares off and thinks of formulas for a moment
Sakha is with Xanatos during the night in an inn in Plainsburg
Hector stands at the helm of the ship, leaning forward a bit, one hand in his pocket and the other on the the edge.
The voyage takes quite a few hours. You arrive in Plainsburg at dawn, on Gaial 2 Minday.
Ahiru runs her hands through the water on the voyage
You're used to the more forested half of Refuge. Here…the lands are clear of vegetation more than a meter high. You can actually see out to the horizon.
Hector whistles in amazement. "C'n actually see somethin' out there."
Cassandra: "Well, this is a sight. It's so baren out here."
There are occasional herds of animals, but at this time of day, the land is asleep.
Cassandra sees HEcotr and waves
Ahiru: "Woooooow… so much sky…" Ahiru says, looking up.
Hector does the greeting head-nod thing to Cass.
Pak rubs his eyes as he wakes up.
Xanatos plays with the red ball on his head, before jotting down a few notes into his notebook.
Behind you, you can see the mountains curving off into the horizon. To your right - you know that's the direction to Refuge, but you can't see it from this distance.
Hector: "Mm…I suppose with the lack of trees and high hills…a battle would be more about positioning and dodging than hit-and-run."
Cassandra: "So, this is quaint."
Hector makes a mental note to adjust his tactics in their next fight.
Hector checks on Pak to see if he's awake yet. Poor kid just kind of passed out when they got on the boat.
And then you see it: Plainsburg.
Cassandra: "Well, I say we get going. The lady we are trying to save must be getting uncomfortable by now."
Pak looks around. "What's that puzzle doing there?"
Pak peers over at Plainsburg confusedly.
Xanatos Xanatos gives a short "kupo", looking back into the book. With Pak's question, Xan looks.
Pak: "And why is it so big?"
[OOC] WC GM: Xanatos isn't there yet. ;)
[OOC] Pak: Xan isn't with us yet, I think…
Hector: "I think that's Plainsburg."
[OOC] WC GM: Don't worry, she will be soon.
A kilometers-long, wide, and high rough cube of machinery.
Only some of which has obvious purpose.
[OOC] Xanatos: >_>
Cassandra looks in amazment at the machinery
Hector: "We're about to land, so get your stuff together and prepare for departure."
[OOC] Xanatos: >_> PHONE'S A'RINGING*
As you drift up, a crane descends to pick up your boat.
Pak eeks!
[OOC] WC GM: K. I'll lead up to the intro - let me know when you're back.
Cassandra watches the crane do it job.
[OOC] Xanatos: XD back
It hauls your craft out of the water. You feel slightly heavier as it accelerates you upward for a moment.
Then it whisks you off to what can only be described as a parking garage.
Pak looks around confusedly. "Eeeeh?"
Ahiru: "Is this like the water pump back home…?
Cassandra looses her footing a bit, but grabs on to the railing as the wieght shifts back
Cassandra looks around to find a place to get off the craft from
There are only about 20 slots, less than half of which are filled just now, but being the only such garage in Refuge, it still seems…a bit impersonal, somehow.
Hector looks up at the crane and leans against the open doorway. "Well, isn't that novel."
A metal gangway extends onto the boat's deck when parking is complete.
Pak sniffs the gangway. "Is it safe?"
RandomMerchant: "I'll cover the docking fees. You all go on. I'm sure we'll meet again."
Ahiru hops out of the boat and runs down the plank
[OOC] Pak: …I think I forgot to shop…
Hector: "Thanks for the lift." *shakes the merchant's hand*
Ahiru: "I've never gone so far from the forest before~" she giggles
Hector: (I shopped myself into poverty.)
Cassandra smiles and walks down the plank
[OOC] Hector: FOUR GIL LEFT
[OOC] WC GM: Eh, you can take care of it now - offscreen, with the gil you had at the start of the session - if you want.
Ahiru: (Ahiru has money, I had bought an escutcheon then I realized "Hey, the ribbon is two-handed")
Hector heads down the gangway ahead of everyone.
[OOC] Pak: Kay
The hollow clank of feet against metal sounds odd, to ears of those who have only tread dirt, rock, and the occasional wood before.
Pak is a little freaked out by all the machines.
Pak: "The only machine I understand is a slot one…"
Cassandra: "Hmmm…This is nice though."
Hector kneels down and lightly knocks on the gangplank, smirking a bit at the hollow metal sound.
Inside is little different from out: occasionally exposed machinery - though with safety gridding to prevent the unwary from touching it unless they really try - with only sometimes understandable purpose.
The most striking difference is how limited your field of view is: all around you is metal and machines; it's rare that you can see 50 meters before the corridor turns or ends in a door or something.
Pak clings to Hector's arm, whimpering. "It's scary!!!!"
Cassandra: "Everything looks confined, and things can be hidden."
Typical of the layout is the first intersection you come to. The path splits into left, right-backwards, forward-down, forward-up, and there's an elevator to one side as well.
Hector pats Pak on the head. "Just stick close to me, little bro."
Ahiru: "These metal trees aren't as pretty as the wood ones
Pak looks over at Ahiru. "A, aren't you scared too?"
Cassandra: Ahiru. Those are not trees. The are columns of metal." *she gives off a bit of a nervous laugh*
[OOC] WC GM: If you're trying to find anything specific here, Navigation checks. You don't want to know the penalty for not having a recently updated map. >_>
Ahiru blinks. "Should I be…? It's all strange but then again… everything;s strange to me… so I've gotten used to it."
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 67 ( Total: 67 )
Hector: (failed!)
[OOC] WC GM: As in, toss out anything over a year old, and don't rely too much on anything over a month old.
Pak blinks at Ahiru. "Kyaa… you're so brave, Ahiru~" He detatches himself from Hector and hugs her.
[OOC] Cassandra: I have no Navigaton, should I still try?
Ahiru hugs Pak back and smiles
[OOC] WC GM: First you need to say what you're trying to find. ;)
[OOC] Hector: I couldn't tell you.
[OOC] Cassandra: Well, I'm going to try to get my bearings I guess)
So, the party faces an intersection. Which way?
Pak rolled 1d8+2 and got 3 ( Total: 5 )
Cassandra rolled 1d100 and got 39 ( Total: 39 )
Pak hmms… "Which way has more light in it?"
Ahiru follows her instincts in order to find the dwarf Lady
Ahiru rolled 1d100 and got 37 ( Total: 37 )
That would be forward-up. The light is distinctly yellow, though - not the color of sunlight.
Ahiru: Navigation 58
Ahiru: Tracking is 56 too
Ahiru manages to lead the party to the other slots of the parking garage.
You hear three voices around the corner ahead. One of them is familiar to Pak.
Cassandra just shrugs and follows Ahiru
Hector: "Bloody hell…it's like a giant metal casket."
Ahiru: "Don't worry, I know where we've been, I won't be doubletracking on us."
Ahiru: (Should I do another navigation check?)
[OOC] WC GM: No, you've found what you're looking for - for now.
[OOC] WC GM: See PM to Sahka.
Hector: "I feel like I should be dropping breadcrumbs."
[OOC] WC GM: *Sakha
Cassandra nervously laughs at Hector
Sakha: "This place sure is confusing, isn't it Xan? It was hard enough finding the inn yesterday now how do we find the beach?
DwarvenLady: "You want the beach? Here, take my map. Least I c'n do for you untying me."
Sakha: "Oh thanks! I should have thought about getting one before coming here."
Xanatos: "Kupo." Xan stares.
Pak 's ears perk
Ahiru: "DWARVEN LADY!" Ahiru runs to her.
Hector: "Pak? What's up? I know that gesture."
Cassandra: "Huh?"
The Lady looks up. "That's me. Can I help y'all?"
[OOC] Hector: Hector is familiar enough with Pak's behavior that ears going up = hearing something.
Pak looks around. "Who was that? I thought…"
Hector walks up behind Ahiru. "Well, I'll be the son of a submariner."
Ahiru: "I've been looking for you 'cuz you apparently know everyone… d you know Fakir?"
Pak heads to the dwarven lady after Ahiru.
DwarvenLady: "Fakir? Fakir…hmm…yeah, I know that name."
Sakha blinks at Pak and doubletakes on him.
Sakha: "P-pak…?"
Pak looks over at Sakha.
Pak: "…O_O!!"
Pak does a full reverse.
Sakha: "Pak!" Sakha glomps him.
DwarvenLady: "…you two know each other?"
Pak: "KYAAA!"
Sakha: "He's my big brother!"
Cassandra: "Hi there. So.." *sees the glomping and stops*
Xanatos: "Sakha, I'm hungry, kupo." He mumbles as Sakha glomps the boy.
Hector watches the scene play out between Sakha and Pak.
Pak: "o.o;;?!"
Pak: "W-wait, then… wha?"
Ahiru blinks. "Don't you mean… little brother?"
Sakha gives Pak a little smack ignoring Ahiru. "How dare you run off like that nii-chan!"
Xanatos hears his stomach growling, and sighs, jotting what seems to be even MORE notes.
Hector scratches the back of his head. "Doesn't this just beat all?"
Cassandra looks and nods saying "I wish my family was more forgiving."
Saiai-neko: "Ow! >_O What are you, I don't even know who you are!"
Sakha: "It's me! Sakha!
[OOC] Julian: Sai, Nickchange
Pak was kicked by WC_GM (ghost)
Xanatos stares up at Cassandra, and waves boredly, closing the book with a deft snap.
[OOC] Xanatos: XD Saiai was kicked
[OOC] WC GM: Pinging-out Saiai
Cassandra: "Hi…um…How are you doing?" *smiles*
Pak peers. "…? Sakha?"
Pak: "But Sakha's short."
[OOC] WC GM: Though I supposed that wouldn't hasten his ability to nickchange.
[OOC] WC GM: *suppose
Xanatos: "Doing good." Xanatos gave a short smile, tucking his notebook under his arm.
Hector goes over to Sakha and Pak. "Okay, so let me get this straight. Due to some random chance, not only have we found the dwarven woman that we were looking for, Pak just happened to stumble into his long-lost sister?"
Sakha punches the top of Pak's head. "You were never much of a thinker, were you? It's been YEARS since you left, I grew up!"
DwarvenLady: "Dearie me, y'all were lookin' for me?"
DwarvenLady: "Would this have an'thing to do with that nasty ol' King tyin' me up like that?"
Cassandra holds a hand out to Xanatos and syas "The name is Cassandra. What is your name?"
Pak winces. "Owww!"
Ahiru nods vigorously. "So what can you tell me about Fakir?
Xanatos notices Sakha punching the other boy, and he places his pencil behind his ear. Xan stares at Cassandra's hand.
Xanatos: "Xanatos, Kupo." He shook it.
says
DwarvenLady: "…first tell me. Y'all ain't the reason he was gonna have me executed, raight?"
Cassandra: "Pleased to make your aquaintance, Xanatos"
Hector sighs.
Hector turns to the dwarven lady. "Let me explain all of this."
DwarvenLady: "I mean, ah know ah've been a mite critical o' him lately, but still."
Hector: "There was a fire in ((Riverburg or something)) and we were blamed for it. They called it a terrorist attack."
Pak: "But, but… Even if you did grow up…" He steps back and looks Sakha over. "…"
[OOC] WC GM: Forestburg
Xanatos: "Cassandra? Pretty name, kupo." Xan says softly.
Hector: "Thing is, all the wanted posters and investigations popped up way too soon, so I figured it was a fix. It was right."
Cassandra: "Thank you." *blushes a bit*
Pak: "…What with those clothes you're wearing?"
Sakha punches him again. "Idiot! That's why you never could grasp magic right! You don't THINK."
Xanatos snickers
Hector: "So they were going to take someone from Shaft and execute them in a kangaroo court to appease the public."
Pak: "OW~!"
Pak whimpers. "Stop thaaaat. ;-;"
Xanatos tugs at Sakha's arm. "Stop that, Kupo!"
Hector: "Not to mention Grav himself told us that some serious shit's going down."
DwarvenLady: "Grav, y'say?"
Hector: "So me and my bandit crew, motley as we are, are caught up in setomghing huge."
Hector: "That I did."
Hector: (gah, it's SOMETHING. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME)
Ahiru: "Grav's an aquaintance of mine."
[OOC] Xanatos: XD
[OOC] Hector: Am dislexic not I.
Sakha: "Sorry Xan, I just never expected to see Pak here."
Pak glares at her for a moment. "You didn't answer my question…"
[OOC] Hector: :P
DwarvenLady: "Ah-huuh. Then ah s'pose y'all are gonna be goin' through th' temples. They've been locked up taight, but…if'n someone could get 'em open…"
Xanatos: "Yeah, you didn't answer his question" Xan points at Pak.
Sakha: "Girls grow up faster than boys, silly."
Hector: "I see."
Pak: "No, no, I mean… >_O Why are you wearing those clothes?"
Pak: "Aren't those mage robes or something?"
DwarvenLady: "Don't let on abou' this. T'ain' no one but some Mithra s'pposed to know their secret."
Hector: "Hm."
DwarvenLady: "But they really shouldn' be a secret, ya know?"
Sakha: "Oh, this? Yeah, I went to SCHOOL after you left and learnt how to use my magic."
Xanatos: "She wears them 'cause she's sex-wearing magic robes."
Cassandra looks at Xanatos, and sighs
Hector: "So…how do we get them open? Some hidden switch? A magic rune?"
Pak: "…School?"
Xanatos looks at Cassandra and perks his ears. o.o!
Hector: "Explosives?" Said hopefully.
DwarvenLady: "Ah never did understan' why the Mithra let the royal family hol' the key."
Sakha turns to the dwarf lady. "Well I'm a mithra and I want to know what's in that temple."
Xanatos: "=_= you and explosives."
Pak makes a cure-bubble dance on his finger- just in time for Sakha to turn away.
Cassandra: "Sorry Xanatos, I don't think about being a sex toy to the masses. Besides, I here to help my friends."
Pak: "…>_<"
Xanatos: "What?"
Cassandra: "Ah, nothing." *looks around nervously*
Xanatos: ">.> What are you talking about, Kupo! I heard you sigh, so I turned to see! >.<"
DwarvenLady: "Ah was crit'cal o' King for tryin' t' keep it secret. 'Parently he thinks ah shoul' take it t' the grave."
Cassandra: "Nothing Xanatos." *scrathes the back of her head*
Xanatos Xanatos tilts his head, then opens the book to write something.
Hector: "Uh…huh."
DwarvenLady: "Tell y' whut, ah need t' hide myself 'til this all blows over. If y' go to the temples - th' one in th' east is closest - y' might find some answers."
Sakha: "Well I plan to."
Hector: "You do that. We'll keep quiet about you and you keep quiet about us. Fair trade."
DwarvenLady: "'Where the mountains meet the sea', so it goes."
Xanatos: "Sakha, what if the answer isn't there to find?"
The dwarf nods.
Sakha flicks her tail, looks at the map and heads off to the beach. "If the answer's not there, I'll just go to the next place."
Xanatos: "Well… ok, where you go, I go, kupo." He sees her tail flick, and he paws at it.
Ahiru turns back and grabs Pak. "I'm not letting you out of my sight until I get a decent explanation though, so you're coming with me."
Ahiru: (oops)
Cassandra: "So, Shall we go then? Maybe we can get in and get out without any trouble?"
Sakha: turns back and grabs Pak. "I'm not letting you out of my sight until I get a decent explanation though, so you're coming with me."
[OOC] Xanatos: >.>
Pak squeaks. "Wait, what's going on?!"
Sakha: "We're going to find out the secret of the Mithra's origin! That's what."
Hector goes up to Sakha. "I would like for you to stop abusing my little brother."
Sakha: "You're not really his brother. I'm his sister, we're REAL family~"
Xanatos: "Yeah, what she said, Kupo." Xan adds.
Ahiru starts to notice Xan and stares at his bobble.
Pak feels dizzy…
Sakha continues to drag Pak along
Hector: "Where I'm from, blood doesn't matter."
Xanatos unknowingly stands there, waiting for Sakha to stop heckling Pak. *bobblesense a'tinglin'*
Cassandra: "How about this…we go and find the temple? Please?"
Hector stomps after Sakha.
Pak kyuus passively…
Cassandra watches, closes her eyes, and sighs
Hector: "Look, if you're going somewhere with Pak, you have no choice but to bring me and my crew along."
Cassandra follows the pack closely
Xanatos: "Temple…" He tugs the hem of Sakha's robe, his stomach growling again. He turns to see Ahiru staring at him. He turns around, shrugging a familiar feeling off.
Sakha: "Fine, That's your decision but I'm not letting Pak go and I would like to get out of this city as soon as possible."
Pak: "T, that's right, nyo!"
Hector: "Alright. Now that we're in agreement, could you at least let him go?"
Cassandra just watces and then says "Maybe about my family treating me like this..I'm glad I left."
Sakha: "… altright…" Sakha lets go then leads the way to the temple.
Xanatos follows Sakha diligently.
Cassandra: "I hope there are no big moving statues this time. What a pain."
Xanatos: "Big moving statues? =_= crap."
Pak kyuus…
Hector: "Or robots." He sighs. "That was harder than it should have been."
Just as Cassandra says that, you come out into a large open area - and a large statue walks past.
On second glance - no, it's a robot being manufactured.
Sakha raises an eyebrow at Pak. "What have you been up to…?"
Cassandra looks at Xanatos and says "Yeah, we encountered one in Moutainburg." *nods with Hector* "Oh no fucking way!"
Cassandra: O_O
Xanatos: o.O
Pak: "Eek!"
It's merely going from one station to the next, as parts are added to it. You've apparently stumbled upon a factory.
Hector is walking beside Pak so he won't feel so freaked out by Sakha.
Cassandra: "Oh, wow…damn. Sorry for the bit of swearing there kids."
Several other robots, in various stages of completion, mill around.
Xanatos: "DAMN IT."
Cassandra: "What is it Xanatos?"
Xanatos: "T.T I hate these things."
Pak: "Robots?"
Cassandra: "Don't worry. I don't think they are going to attack us."
A moogle in a hardhat and an orange vest runs up to you. "Kupo! What are you doing in here?"
Xanatos: O_O
Cassandra: "We were just walking through the area. Do we need hard hats?"
Worker: "Kupipo! It's dangerous in here!"
Sakha: "We're trying to find the shore to get to the Temple. I'm sure that this is the way the map said to go…"
Cassandra: "Okay, do you have any to spare for us?"
Worker: "Unless…did you say something about the temple?"
Sakha: "Yes."
Worker: "Are you the ones who're supposed to escort this batch out?"
Worker: "YOU'RE LATE!"
Sakha: "Batch…?"
[OOC] ym haru: T_T
Worker: "Yes. Batch."
Sakha: "WEll I suppose we could… if we're going there anyway… What are we supposed to do…?
Worker: "Now if you're done dawdling, go down to the chocobo pens. We've already programmed everything."
Xanatos: "CHOCOBO
*is hungry*"
Worker: "They'll meet you outside the city, and follow you to the temple. They'll deploy once you're there."
Sakha: "It's not fried Chocobo Xan, it's the living kind."
Worker: "You can fry your chocobos once you get to the temple for all I kupo. Just get moving kupo!"
This moogle is clearly agitated.
Ahiru: "What are we doing?" Ahiru is clearly confused
Pak is confused… "O…okay…?"
Sakha is agitated but follows the map down to the outskirts to see whats waiting there."
Cassandra: "Pak, lets just do what we are told. Before the boss gets angrier."
Sakha: (*kicks bellsouth*)
Pak runs after Sakha
Hector casually follows Pak.
The map shows a chocobo pen underneath the city.
Cassandra jogs after the group
[OOC] Xanatos: T_T *kicks mirc*
[OOC] WC GM: Navigation check?
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 18 ( Total: 18 )
[OOC] Hector: SUCCESS
It takes little time to find that the quickest way down is, in fact, to go up to the top and take the express elevator down.
Pak: "This city is confusing…"
Xanatos: "Same here. T.T"
Ahiru: "It's more confusing than the forest because there are more levels…"
Cassandra: "I agree. Hector wanted to toss breadcrumbs around. I'm beginning to think that would have been a good idea."
Before long, you're on grassy land again, shadowed by the vast city above.
Hector: "We made our way just fine, didn't we? So there's nothing to worry about."
Sakha: "After this I think I'll avoid the city and walk back to Refuge."
Extending from the belly of the city, near one corner, is a large cage with chocobos. A bunch of kids run around inside the cage interacting with them.
Cassandra nods at Hector
It seems to be a rather active interaction, and the warks coming from that direction don't sound too happy.
Ahiru: "Oooooooo~" Ahiru starts to run off to join them.
[OOC] Cassandra: brb
Ahiru blinks as she gets closer and looks.
There is only one door into the cage from the ground. Another moogle stands in the doorway, yelling at the kids.
Xanatos: O.o
Hector walks up to the moogle. "Hey. We're the escort."
Ahiru runs into the pen and tackles a kid. "What're you doin?"
Tender: "Escort? …you're late!"
The moogle bars the way into the pen.
Hector: "Sorry abou that. The city's kind of confusing."
Tender: "An' what's with dumpin' yer kids on me an' runnin' off to the Expo?"
[OOC] Xanatos: XD Ahiru is so adorable
Tender: "They're rilin' up the chocobos mighty fierce!"
[OOC] Pak: The Tender's name wouldn't be Sabo, would it?
Ahiru: (XD)
Tender: "They's BRATS, is what they are!"
[OOC] Cassandra: back
[OOC] WC GM: Could be. :)
[OOC] Hector: Why is that relevant?
[OOC] WC GM: …Hector doesn't get it.
[OOC] WC GM: Sabot.
Ahiru: (Sabotender = another name for Cataur another FF reference.)
[OOC] Pak: Sabotender.
[OOC] Hector: …oy.
Ahiru: "
[OOC] WC GM: …and here I was thinking you were referring to a certain type of bullet. >_>
[OOC] Xanatos: *hears gibberish* :3
Ahiru: "Let me and I'll talk to them."
Hector: "Yeah, would you? Damn kids."
The moogle steps out of the way. "Fine, fine."
Ahiru NOW runs in and tackles a kid. "So what are you doing?"
Brat: "HEY!" She dodges, and throws a punch at Ahiru.
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 40 ( Total: 40 )
WC GM rolled 1d6+12 and got 1 ( Total: 13 )
For 13, ARM damage.
Brat: "Don't try to touch me!"
The other kids stop harassing the chocobos, and gather up.
Ahiru: "Don't bother the Chocobo then!"
BratB: "Are you okay?"
Xanatos sees a chocobo.
BratC: "Where's that strange lady touch you?"
Pak: "Kyaa?"
Xanatos: "Sakha," Xan tugs the hem of her robe. "Can I eat it now?"
[OOC] WC GM: *Where'd
Hector walks up next to Ahiru. "Look, you kids are bugging the chocobos, and now you need to bug off. Simple as that."
Sakha: "No, Xan~"
BratD: "Make us! Nyeeeah!"
Cassandra: "Hector, you have to be nicer to them."
BratE: "Yeah! You're not our parents! You can't tell us what to do!"
Cassandra: "Hey kids, how about I give you all 100 gil to split?"
Sakha starts casting sleep on the kids - a mild on that makes them tired.
Xanatos: "=_= gah-ah." He clings to her leg and chews her kneecap.
Hector: "Geez, Cass. Don't try to bribe the little shits."
BratF: "100 gil? Ha! My allowance is twice that."
Cassandra looks at Hector "Would you rather beat them up? They are little children! You can't hurt them."
Xanatos: "Bribing kids is serious business, kupo. See? Greedy little mongrels."
Sakha rolled 1d100 and got 3 ( Total: 3 )
BratA: "Yeah!" *punches Cassandra in the breasts* "You can't hurt us."
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 84 ( Total: 84 )
Hector stomps over to one of the kids and picks them up by their collar. "Leave or I'm going to thrash you so bad your children's children are going to feel it."
[OOC] Cassandra: Was that a hit?
…or rather, she tries to. Just then, Sakha's spell kicks in in overdrive.
The kids slowly collapse, sound asleep.
Pak oohs…
Sakha: "There, no more problem."
Hector hmphs and puts the kid down so he doesn't get woken up.
Cassandra: "Why that little…thanks Sakha."
Pak: "…How'd you do that?! I can't cast anything like that!"
Xanatos: "MAGIC. :3"
Sakha: "Exactly. You never went to school."
The tender whistles. "That was a mighty fine spell there."
Tender: "Wait…these kids…you ain't their parents, are ya?"
Pak: "I can cast some… u.u"
Xanatos: "Err… no?"
[OOC] WC GM: BTW - that spell just circumvented a battle.
[OOC] Pak: Free XPs! :3
[OOC] WC GM: But you get rewards for it anyway. ;)
Tender: "Figures. They rustle up replacements, an'…ne'er mind."
Hector: (What's level 6 exp?))
Cassandra: "These kids wouldn't let us get to the Chocobo. They even swung at us."
Sakha: (7500)
Tender: "Take yer chocobos. An'…here, with my thanks."
WC GM rolled 6d100 and got 48, 76, 94, 43, 18, 6 ( Total: 285 )
He hands you each 220 gil. The party also gets 2 tonics, 2 tranquilizers, 1 potion, and 1 maiden's kiss.
Xanatos: Woot!
[OOC] WC GM: Decide among yourselves who gets which items.
[OOC] WC GM: You also get 510 XP each.
Xanatos raises his hand for the tonics! *thinks of stuff to make with it*
Pak takes a tranquilizer
Cassandra takes a potion
Hector takes the Maiden's Kiss.
Xanatos takes a tonic
Sakha taes a tonic
[OOC] Pak: I guess Ahiru gets the tranquilizer~
Xanatos: "Ya knowwww… when are we gonna go? I'm hungry."
Cassandra: "I think now, right?"
Pak looks down at Xanatos for the first time.
Ahiru takes the last Tranq by default
Pak: "…Why is always so hungry, sis?"
Tender: "Yer hungry? Here, take this too, then." He hands Xanatos a bucket of fried chocobo.
Xanatos looks up at the catboy. "T.T Want me to eat you?"
Xanatos HAPPILY TAKES THE BUCKET
Xanatos eats quite piggishly
Tender: "Bessie lived a long life. She'd be happy knowing she wound up in the belly o' someone who protected her children."
Cassandra watches Xanatos put it all down, and gulps
Hector: "Wow. He's short, but he can pack it away."
Pak tries to steal some…
Sakha: "Well… let's just say he can be bigger than he looks."
Pak teleports behind Sakha.
Pak: "BOO!"
Xanatos: o_O!! *holds the bucket tightly*
Xanatos: "Darn skippy. I may be small, but I can eat through a MOUNTAIN."
Tender: "Now take yer chocobos an' git. We'll be movin' soon, an' I wanna retract th' cage b'fore then."
Tender: "I'll see t' the younguns."
Pak nods, satisfied that he showed up his sister.
Cassandra: "Really? I'll put you put on that next time." *laughs and winks at Xanatos*
Sakha turns and looks unimpressed, "sneaky aren't you?"
Pak: "…"
Pak: ">_< Why aren't you impressed? I can do magic without having to go to some dumb school!"
He waves to the cage's door. Now that they're not being bothered, the chocobos look ready to ride.
Pak grumbles and gets on his chocobo.
Hector mounts up.
Cassandra gets on a chocobo
Sakha hops up unsteadily
Pak: "…How do you ride a chocobo?"
Ahiru pets the Chocobo then hops up and hugs it
Cassandra pets hers under its chin
Tender: "Just like walkin' aroun'. Press A to spur it on."
Pak: "…Ah, here."
Ahiru: (that was BAD)
Pak presses A.
[OOC] Cassandra: presses A, but nothing happens XD
[OOC] WC GM: ^_^;
[OOC] Cassandra: it was not
[OOC] Pak: How do I ride choboko
Pak's chocobo LEAPS ahead and out of the cage. It is all Pak can do to hang on.
Pak SQUEAAAKS~
Sakha: (Well I have my brother and his friend talking about Wiis)
Cassandra gently spurs hers to go
Hector moves the analog stick in the direction he wants to move.
[OOC] Cassandra: inputs the Konami code, and her Chocobo explodes!
Ahiru leads the pak as she actually has riding skill
[OOC] Xanatos: My ethernet's being a homo. T.T *kicks*
[OOC] WC GM: …that actually works even as typoed. >_>
[OOC] Saiai-neko: ?
[OOC] WC GM: "Ahiru leads teh pak as she actually has riding skill"
Xanatos: XD
[OOC] WC GM: -teh +the
[OOC] Cassandra: heh
[OOC] Saiai-neko: XD
It does not take long for you to reach the edge of the city.
Xanatos continues to eat, and wipes face in Sakha's robe
Ahiru: (:P)
Hector is running donuts around Pak.
Sakha: "…"
As you emerge into daylight, you get a feeling on the back of your neck. Sure enough, you now have some robots following you.
Xanatos yells damn it aloud
Quite a few, in fact.
Xanatos: "I just ATE. T.T"
Cassandra: "Okay, Xanatos, its all right!"
In fact, it's a veritable wake of robots.
Hector: "Alright, let's get going."
[OOC] Pak: *gives his internet a soothing lozange so it stops hiccuping*
From above, it might almost seem like a rippling metal cape.
[OOC] Xanatos: There's a storm out here, so the ethernet keeps BLAH-ing all over the place. >.> Sorry if i timeout again
Cassandra: "Lets just finish this "job", and get to the real mission. Hopefully we don't have to fight these things."
They do look quite armed, but they make no move to fight you - yet.
Xanatos stares warily at the robots.
Pak: "They're programmed or something, right"?"
Hector: "I doubt we will. Just get them to where they need to go and forget them forever."
Sakha: "I'm not really fond of this… I'd like to know what this is all about."
Cassandra rides along, watching Xanatos
All of a sudden, a pack of snakes looms up out of the grass ahead! Before you can react, the robots shoot them to bits.
Xanatos: >_> HOSHIT.
Pak: "O_O"
[OOC] Xanatos: hi giz :3
Cassandra: "damn that was close!"
Ahiru: "Wooooooooow~"
Xanatos: "Whooaaahhh… roadkill."
Cassandra: O_O
This is repeated a few times during your trip. My, there seem to be a lot of monsters - but you never get a chance to attack or be attacked by them.
Xanatos: "I guess they're doing us a service, 'cause we haven't had to fight anything yet, kupo."
Hector: "Huh, how convenient."
The trip by land takes a couple days. You find rations packed on the chocobos.
Cassandra: "I'll thank them later."
Sakha has misgivings
[OOC] WC GM: Any significant actions during the trip?
Pak tries to impress Sakha more with magic.
[OOC] Cassandra: none from me
Xanatos tosses a paper plane at pak
Sakha keeps her eyes on the robots
Pak whines. ;-;
Xanatos comes by and throws another. "open it!"
Hector pulls up next to Pak. "Don't worry about it. She'll warm up to you and your abilities eventually."
[OOC] WC GM: Actually, scratch that couple - just one.
Afternoon, Gaial 3 Pluday. You finally catch sight of the sea, and see the mountains curve down into it.
Where the mountains end and shore begins, is a small building.
Xanatos: "It's over nine-thousand!" Xan chimes twice.
Sakha dismounts unsteadily and heads over to the building
Cassandra weary lets out a quited "Yay!"
The robots apparently see the sea too. They walk right past you, into it.
Xanatos hops off of an almost-thought-about-eating Chocobo, and follows Sakha
Ahiru dismounts and cuddles with the chocobo
Some of them just keep walking; the others start swimming.
Xanatos labels Ahiru a chocobo-hugger in his book
Xanatos jots a few notes
Hector dismounts and pats the chocobo on its neck. "Good job."
Cassandra jumps off hers and stretches out for a bit
Hector looks the building over as he walks over to it.
[OOC] WC GM: Awareness rolls, all.
Sakha keeps thinking and thinking
[OOC] Xanatos: >_>;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 50 ( Total: 50 )
Ahiru rolled 1d100 and got 87 ( Total: 87 )
[OOC] Hector: Hit it exactly. Is that a success?
Cassandra rolled 1d100 and got 77 ( Total: 77 )
Xanatos rolled 1d100 and got 85 ( Total: 85 )
Saiai-neko rolled 1d100 and got 59 ( Total: 59 )
Sakha rolled 1d100 and got 92 ( Total: 92 )
[OOC] Saiai-neko: That's… off by 1 ;-;
[OOC] Cassandra: FAIL'D
[OOC] Xanatos: o_O;;;; Is 85 good?!
Ahiru: (no)
[OOC] Hector: Only if your awareness is 85 or higher.
[OOC] Xanatos: FAILURE?!
[OOC] Hector: Your skill is what you need to get under or achieve when you roll it.
[OOC] Xanatos: *cry*
Hector puts his hand on his forehead and looks out to the sea where all the robots are going.
Hector: "Towards a boat…onto it…and then the boat is sinking."
[OOC] WC GM: Only one of you had to pass, this time. ;)
Hector: "Ah, well. Not our problem. We did what they wanted us to do."
Cassandra: "Well, I guess they need a sturdier hip for them.."
Hector continues looking over the building.
Xanatos: "Well, I dont have to worry about them." Xan shrugs.
[OOC] Cassandra: I think I meant ship…not hip
Ahiru knocks on the door of the bulding
The door falls off.
[OOC] Xanatos: XD was confused for a moment. LOL
Hector goes up to Ahiru and claps her on the back. "Great job, getting us in the front door."
There is much dust and cobwebs.
Xanatos makes a face at the cobwebs, and shudders.
[OOC] WC GM: Background music: Zelda - Temple of Time
Xanatos stands near Sakha and whispers, "Are you SURE we should be here? I know you want the answer" ((XD ZELDAAAAAAAA))
Pak peeks over Ahiru's shoulder.
Sakha: "There's nothing wrong, I'm checking this out."
Hector looks at the architecture of the thing and wonders if it's familiar to him in any way.
Sakha investigates the room closely.
Xanatos: "Ok… kupo, but I have a bad feeling about this…" He follows her into the room.
It's mostly an empty temple. The only surviving art is that which was carved into the stone walls.
Hector LOOK art
Sakha looks closely at the walls
Pak look art too!
Xanatos stares idly at the art, and pulls out his pencil
Most of the art is decorative - depicting a great battle involving mithra and…demons, you suppose.
If the art depicts a narrative, the mithra spent much time - towards the end - running away.
Xanatos tilts his head, and continues to put something down in his notebook, his ears twitching.
Hector: "Hm."
A large group went one way. A small group went another.
The small group is circled prominently.
Pak: "The long eared demons…"
Pak shudders.
The last carving in the series is rather crude.
Xanatos arches a brow
It's a side view of a land mass, with an arrow pointing to it near the shore, and the water beyond it.
Sakha: "The ancient enemy…"
Xanatos: "Oh…"
On the other side of the drawing is another land mass, with two crudely-drawn words on it.
Pak reads words.
[OOC] WC GM: Lang: Mithra to read them.
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 65 ( Total: 65 )
[OOC] Pak: Fail u.u
Xanatos: XDDD
Sakha rolled 1d100 and got 40 ( Total: 40 )
Sakha: pass
Pak scratches his head. "It… it's old, I can't quite…"
WC GM: "{BAD GUYS}"
WC GM: The bottom of the water is double-lined. There's enough space between those lines that a few stick figures fit between them.
Hector smirks.
Sakha dusts off the wall
Xanatos: "Hm… argh, it's in mithra. And I don't know that much mithra… don't touch that icky dust!! Ewww, sakhaaa."
Pak peers at the stick figures.
Sakha: "Its… an underground pass?"
Pak: "…Eh?"
Pak: "Wait, a passageway to the demon world?"
Sakha: "It's people… underneath the water."
On the arrow side of the double-line, near the sea level, is a line drawn across the double-line.
[OOC] Xanatos: XD ah, stick figures
[OOC] Hector: I bet you drew all this yourself.
Xanatos tries to draw what's on the walls
It seems to have been added after the initial drawing. It's more heavily engraved.
Pak: "…What's this mean?"
Hector: "Underwater people, or an underground passageway."
[OOC] WC GM: Well, let's just say this was drawn by people with more worries about survival than artistic talent.
Xanatos peers at the wall, and plays around with the red poof on his head, writing something.
[OOC] Hector: No, I mean, you drew it beforehand so you could describe it better.
Pak: "Is the passage blocked?"
[OOC] WC GM: Actually, no. Just thought this up now. ;)
[OOC] Hector: You're insane.
[OOC] WC GM: Yes, but we knew that. ^_^;
[OOC] Xanatos: XD im really hungry…
Hector: "Hm."
[OOC] Xanatos: *Doesnt want to miss anything*
Hector: "Maybe they collapsed the passageway on their way out so nobody would follow them."
Pak: "Ah…"
Hector: "Not a bad strategy, though I suppose they didn't account for people wanting to go back."
Pak: "But what does this have to do with Bolt and stuff?"
Xanatos: "I dunno." Xan answers.
Hector looks back at the art with demons to see if there's any lightning bolts.
Xanatos stands by the one named Ahiru, and draws something absently.
Sakha: "I don't know, it could have been after all these years…"
There are no lightning bolts in any of the pictures.
[OOC] Cassandra: sorry. computer cut out on me
Hector: "Huh. Guess Bolt and these demons aren't affiliated in any way."
Ahiru: "I don't think so… but… There are more spirits than just bolt…"
[OOC] Xanatos: >.> arggghhhh… ;-; akari is hungry…
Xanatos: "Hm.. true." He pads the bobble again, and continues to draw.
Hector: "Unlike some people, I don't know their names or symbols."
[OOC] WC GM: We can wrap this up within a half hour or so.
Ahiru: "Fakir taught me."
Xanatos stares up at ahiru, and looks back down in the book.
Xanatos: "Found your answer, Sakha?"
[OOC] WC GM: What, no one's searching the temple?
[OOC] Xanatos: >_>
Sakha is still searching the temple
[OOC] WC GM: Awareness checks to find more.
Pak looks around for more stuff
Hector: 1d100
Cassandra goes towards the enterance and looks in
Hector:
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 11 ( Total: 11 )
[OOC] Pak: n.n!
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 20 ( Total: 20 )
Cassandra: 1roll 1d100
Xanatos rolled 1d100 and got 98 ( Total: 98 )
[OOC] Hector: Succeed.
Cassandra rolled 1d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 )
[OOC] Xanatos: DAMN
With a bit of searching, you find…a metal trap door?
Sakha rolled 1d100 and got 40 ( Total: 40 )
[OOC] Xanatos: FAILLLLLL ;-;
Ahiru rolled 1d100 and got 54 ( Total: 54 )
It's been painted to look like the stone of the temple, but on close inspection - no, this was something very different.
[OOC] Xanatos: I'll roll something GOOD!!
SOON!! T_T
It irises open - a design you've never seen before, not even in your brief trip through Plainsburg.
Hector: "Neat."
It leads to a tunnel, going down.
Sakha: "Is this the tunnel they came in on?"
The tunnel feels cold, even from up here, and looks dark.
Cassandra doesn't get deterred by the cold feeling and goes towards it
[OOC] Xanatos: t.t what am i supposed to do? stand here…?
Hector: "Anyone have a light?"
…or it did, until pairs of lights - like eyes - lit up inside it.
Cassandra: O_O
[OOC] Xanatos: >_>;;;
?: "DO NOT PROCEED. THIS IS A FORBIDDEN AREA."
Sakha: "What?"
Cassandra: "Ummmm, oh geez."
?: "DO NOT PROCEED. THIS IS A FORBIDDEN AREA."
Hector: "Everyone, get back.
Sakha: "Who are you?"
Hector: "
?: "DO NOT PROCEED. THIS IS A FORBIDDEN AREA."
Cassandra stumbles back
[OOC] Xanatos: XD only keith would say something like "um oh geez"
Xanatos: ))
Xanatos hides behind ahiru
Hector: "Hell of a small vocabulary."
?: "DO NOT PROCEED. THIS IS A FORBIDDEN AREA."
Sakha: "Why should I?"
[OOC] WC GM: Anyone entering the tunnel?
Ahiru: "If it's forbidden… then how do we get permission?"
Sakha is at the entrance
Cassandra goes towards the enterance
Pak is peeking into the entrance.
Xanatos runs towards Sakha. "Don't DO IT!!"
?: "DO NOT PROCEED. THIS IS A FORBIDDEN AREA."
Sakha gets bumped by Xan into the tunnel as he barrels into her
Cassandra: "Great!"
Hector: "After her!"
They don't seem to respond much to voice. They do, however, shoot at Sakha the moment she steps foot inside.
Hector runs in behind Sakha.
Cassandra runs after Hector
[OOC] WC GM: SPDs, all?
Pak runs in. "Kyaa…":
[OOC] Cassandra: 7
[OOC] Hector: Eight.
[OOC] Pak: 6_)
Sakha: 6
Ahiru: 7
Ahiru: er 8
[OOC] Xanatos: ;-; is confused
[OOC] WC GM: What's the SPD on your character sheet?
Ahiru: (Xan's speed is 7)
[OOC] Xanatos: Terra has it. >_>
WC GM: Battle order: BrotF:17 Pak:16 Cassandra:15 Sakha:15 BotC:15 Xanatos:14 BotA:14 Ahiru:11 Hector:9 BotB:9 BotD:9 BotE:9
[OOC] Hector: Give Akari her sheet.
Ahiru: (I did, she must have lost it)
[OOC] Xanatos: no. i got a new computer
[OOC] Xanatos: the other had a virus on it. ;_; lost everything
Ahiru: (I'll send on MSN)
WC GM: Battle order: BotF:17 Pak:16 Cassandra:15 Sakha:15 BotC:15 Xanatos:14 BotA:14 Ahiru:11 Hector:9 BotB:9 BotD:9 BotE:9
[OOC] Xanatos: i need to sign on. hold on
[OOC] Hector: I FUCKING ROLLED A ONE.
[OOC] Hector: SON OF A BITCH.
Bot F shoots at Cassandra!
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 57 ( Total: 57 )
[OOC] Pak: You and highwind really have some mutual H8 going on.
[OOC] Xanatos: ok—xD LoL jeff.
WC GM rolled 1d10+24 and got 2 ( Total: 26 )
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 90 ( Total: 90 )
Cassandra takes 26, ARM damage.
[OOC] WC GM: Pak!
[OOC] Cassandra: We at Full HP/MP/
[OOC] Hector: Yes.
Pak nods. "Time to show off my other skills!"
Pak: Gambler attackk!!!
Pak rolled 1d10 and got 3 ( Total: 3 )
[OOC] Pak: Fire!
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 90 ( Total: 90 )
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 31 ( Total: 31 )
[OOC] Pak: …GF!
Pak rolled 1d100 and got 17 ( Total: 17 )
[OOC] Pak: *Pass-pass!
[OOC] WC GM: Element?
[OOC] Pak: I'll refrain from double-rolling so fast in the future.
[OOC] Pak: It's Fire element.
[OOC] WC GM: Normal damage.
Pak rolled 1d6+30 and got 4 ( Total: 34 )
[OOC] Cassandra: All right Limit Break1
Pak's attack TINKS off the bots.
Pak throws a wave of flaming knives-KYA?
Pak fumes. "What the heck?"
[OOC] WC GM: Cassandra!
[OOC] Xanatos: …. *hands are cold* xD;
[OOC] WC GM: It is vs. ARM, right?
[OOC] Pak: Yes.
Hector: (I THINK WE MAY HAVE TO RUN)
[OOC] Cassandra: Yes.
Cassandra unsheathes her Sword and yells out "Great Cleave!" And blasts all the robots with one mighty slash
Pak watches Cassie. "Did it work?"
Cassandra rolled 1d10+14 and got 3 ( Total: 17 )
[OOC] Pak: …What?!
[OOC] Cassandra: I forgot the 200% thing to add on
[OOC] Pak: Your damage is that low?!
[OOC] WC GM: I'll add it in.
[OOC] Cassandra: Never got to shop
[OOC] Pak: …
Cassandra's attack TINKS as well.
[OOC] Pak: Why didn't you?!
[OOC] WC GM: Sakha!
[OOC] Xanatos: T.T damn it, why am i not getting all of this? *kicks self*
Pak gapes.
Cassandra: "OH brother. That was a waste!"
[OOC] WC GM: Pak and Cassandra did different types of special attacks.
[OOC] Cassandra: brb
[OOC] WC GM: Unfortunately, they're facing bad guys who can soak up at least 34 points of damage from any physical attack.
[OOC] Xanatos: T.T thanks wc.
Sakha casts Blizzard on the Robot the others have been attacking
[OOC] WC GM: …and they happen to have done 34 points with each attack.
[OOC] Pak: …Those were both T:Group.
[OOC] Hector: Yeah, thanks for making enemies with armor far beyond our ability to dent.
Sakha: (Okay, than the one that looks the most ready yo move)
[OOC] Pak: …For the second time, no less. n.n;
[OOC] WC GM: ARM, yes, but not MARM
[OOC] WC GM: C, then.
[OOC] Hector: Nobody has magic except Sakha and Pak.
[OOC] Pak: Actually, Xanatos does
[OOC] WC GM: Cassie does too.
Hector: "Dammit. Physical attacks aren't doing anything. Cass, Pak…use magic!"
Pak: "Right!"
[OOC] WC GM: And Ahiru & Hector can buff/tend to the others.
Pak slips his knife inside his clothes and gets ready nyo.
[OOC] Cassandra: back
[OOC] WC GM: Roll it, Sakha
Xanatos watches with fascination
Cassandra: "Okay, Hector!"
Sakha rolled 1d8+40 and got 8 ( Total: 48 )
[OOC] WC GM: Sakha: Roll to hit first.
Sakha: (oops sorry my brother is playing with the wii and it's distracting me)
Sakha rolled 1d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 )
[OOC] WC GM: What's your MACC?
Sakha: 127%
WC GM rolled 1d1+47,150% and got 1 ( Total: 72.0 )
[OOC] Hector: LOOK, PEOPLE.
The blizzard hits a weakness.
Pak oohs!
Sakha: woot!
…this seems somehow familiar.
[OOC] Hector: Do your attack rolls as 1d100-hit/magic accuracy to save time.
Pak: "It's weak against Ice…"
Bot C tries to zap Sakha.
Pak: "…Wait, wasn't…"
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 44 ( Total: 44 )
WC GM rolled 1d10+24 and got 7 ( Total: 31 )
Pak OHS.
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 37 ( Total: 37 )
Sakha takes 31, ARM damage.
Cassandra: "I can't do Ice, but I can wind whip it!"
Pak: "Wait, these robots are really similar to the ones from before!"
[OOC] WC GM: Xanatos!
[OOC] Xanatos: T.T sorry was being yelled at
Hector: "The ones on top of Mountainsburg?"
[OOC] Xanatos: ;-; *scared to do the wrong thing*
Pak: "Yeah. If we need to, we can run to the ocean… maybe."
[OOC] WC GM: Then ask the others what you should do.
Xanatos: "What should I DO!?"
Hector: "If you have some magic, use it. Ice seems to work."
Xanatos: "Ok..ok…"
[OOC] Xanatos: do i roll 1d100 or…>.< *confused* I feel so stupid!! T/‘`/``/T
[OOC] Cassandra: !roll 1d100
[OOC] Pak: First, declare spell you’re casting.
[OOC] WC GM: First say what you're doing.
[OOC] Pak: What mage are you again? n.n;
Sakha: (Time)
[OOC] Xanatos: ok! o.o…
Sakha: (He can attack with Bomb)
[OOC] Xanatos: Time
Sakha: (He can attack with Bomb)
[OOC] Pak: Try Bomb or something!
Xanatos: Bomb…!…
[OOC] Pak: Now !roll 1d100
Sakha: (MACC% 137)
Xanatos rolled 1d100 and got 73 ( Total: 73 )
[OOC] Xanatos: T_T DAMN
[OOC] WC GM: For now, while you're learning, that works. Usually we prefer to pile on a lot more description on saying what you're doing - that's one of the fun parts. ;)
[OOC] WC GM: What's the MACC listed on your sheet?
[OOC] Pak: 137
[OOC] Xanatos: ;_; i feel stupid…. errr… *reads*
[OOC] WC GM: So - if 137 minus your die roll is greater than the target's MEVA, you hit.
[OOC] Xanatos: what's a meva?
[OOC] WC GM: In this case, 137-73=64.
[OOC] WC GM: Magic EVAsion.
[OOC] Xanatos: o_o ok… *will remember that
[OOC] WC GM: You have one too, but it's the target's that matters here.
[OOC] Xanatos: nod nod…
[OOC] WC GM: There's EVAsion and Magic EVAsion, ACCuracy and Magic ACCuracy, and so on.
[OOC] Pak: Target the same one that Sakha hit.
Sakha: (now you roll 1d8+MAGx4 which is 1d8+44 for you)
[OOC] Xanatos: OH that's MACC.
[OOC] Xanatos: ok…
[OOC] WC GM: Right. So, in this case, you hit the target.
[OOC] WC GM: So roll damage, as Sakha described.
Xanatos rolled 1d8+44 and got 3 ( Total: 47 )
[OOC] Xanatos: o_o good??
The bomb didn't take off as much of the bot as the blizzard did, but it was still a good, solid hit.
Bot A targets Pak!
[OOC] Xanatos: n_n
Pak eeks!
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 15 ( Total: 15 )
WC GM rolled 1d10+24 and got 10 ( Total: 34 )
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 2 ( Total: 2 )
[OOC] Pak: …Wait… I don't have an attack spell that will work.
Pak takes 34, ARM damage and falls to Sleep(4)
[OOC] WC GM: Ahiru!
[OOC] Xanatos: ok so do i do this every time? o-o?? !roll 1 d 100, then… !roll 1 d 44?
[OOC] Pak: Oh, well, that solves my dilemma for me. n.n;
[OOC] WC GM: If you use Bomb every time, yes. But.
[OOC] WC GM: Remember that spells use MP. You only have a limited amount of MP.
[OOC] Xanatos: ok… >.> but it varies with different attacks…. oh yeah, mp, right…
[OOC] WC GM: Mark off what you use. This should be on your character sheet.
[OOC] Xanatos: *marks off bomb*
[OOC] Hector: What I wouldn't give for Mabufudyne right about now.
[OOC] Pak: …Er…
[OOC] WC GM: Note that you can keep using Bomb again and again, until you don't have enough MP for it.
[OOC] WC GM: Ahiru?
[OOC] Xanatos: ok~!
Ahiru dances
[OOC] Pak: plz work
[OOC] Xanatos: since i have 74 as mp, and i used seven of it cuz bomb takes seven?… *hates math*""
Xanatos: ))*
[OOC] Pak: You'd have 67 left
[OOC] WC GM: Yep. So you've got 67 left.
[OOC] WC GM: Note that you can recover MP in quite a few ways.
Ahiru rolled 1d100-44 and got 31 ( Total: -13 )
[OOC] Xanatos: YEY.
[OOC] WC GM: Don't you have to choose the dance first?
Ahiru rolled 1d6 and got 3 ( Total: 3 )
[OOC] Pak: …is that a good dance?
Ahiru: Temptation Tango CONFUSE
[OOC] Pak: YAY!
[OOC] Hector: Robots can never be confused.
[OOC] Pak: Stfu.
[OOC] Xanatos: XD
Ahiru: (How many are there? It's random target too)
[OOC] Hector: When have you EVER seen a confuse effect work on a robot outside of Logic Bombs in Saga Frontier?
[OOC] WC GM: These can. Which one?
[OOC] WC GM: 6
Ahiru rolled 1d6 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
[OOC] WC GM: A
Ahiru: (So is it confused?)
Bot A is Confused(4)
[OOC] WC GM: Hector!
[OOC] Hector: It must have biological components.
[OOC] WC GM: No, it's just shoddily programmed.
Hector: "Everyone, keep your guard up!"
Hector uses Command: Retreat.
Hector: You all have SOS-Protect.
Hector: And now.
Hector runs up to BotC and attempts to get a five-finger discount.
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 22 ( Total: 22 )
Xanatos LMFAO
[OOC] WC GM: hit
Hector: (Steal is 63.)
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 93 ( Total: 93 )
Hector: Common Item. :-(
Hector gets a Tonic.
[OOC] WC GM: Don't forget, you still have those Electro Marbles from earlier. Who took them?
[OOC] Hector: I will rob these fuckers blind.
Sakha: (Ahiru)
The remaining three bots fire at Hector, Hector, and Ahiru.
[OOC] Xanatos: XD get er done!
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 33 ( Total: 33 )
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 59 ( Total: 59 )
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 27 ( Total: 27 )
WC GM rolled 1d10+24 and got 2 ( Total: 26 )
WC GM rolled 1d10+24 and got 2 ( Total: 26 )
WC GM rolled 1d10+24 and got 10 ( Total: 34 )
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 )
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 39 ( Total: 39 )
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 73 ( Total: 73 )
Hector takes (26,ARM)*2 damage. Ahiru takes 34,ARM damage.
WC GM: Round ends. Bot A is Confuse(3). Pak is Sleep(3).
WC GM: Battle order: Ahiru:17 BotD:16 Hector:15 BotB:14 BotE:14 Cassandra:13 Xanatos:13 BotA:13 BotC:13 Sakha:11 Pak:11 BotF:10
[OOC] WC GM: Ahiru!
[OOC] Hector: Thank fuck I have 19 armor.
Ahiru looks at the marble she picked up earlier and throws it
[OOC] WC GM: At which target?
Ahiru: (The one people have been hitting)
Ahiru rolled 1d100-119 and got 71 ( Total: -48 )
[OOC] Pak: I think that was… BotC
[OOC] Pak: Yes, BotC
[OOC] WC GM: Roll damage.
Ahiru rolled 1d8+32 and got 7 ( Total: 39 )
The robot seems…a little stronger now?
Bot D fires at Pak.
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 64 ( Total: 64 )
Pak goes D:!!!
WC GM rolled 1d10+24 and got 5 ( Total: 29 )
Pak does that in his sleep.
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
[OOC] Pak: >_< Ahiruuu~ You forgot it was A:Lightning?
Pak takes 29, ARM damage, and wakes up only to fall asleep again.
[OOC] WC GM: Hector!
Hector uses a Tonic on Pak.
Hector: ":3"
Bots B and E try to lasso Hector with their tasers.
WC GM rolled 2d100 and got 23, 36 ( Total: 59 )
[OOC] Hector: This is going to take a few hours unless one of us has a flash of brilliance.
[OOC] Hector: Oh fuck.
WC GM rolled 1d10+24 and got 5 ( Total: 29 )
WC GM rolled 1d10+24 and got 9 ( Total: 33 )
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 )
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 82 ( Total: 82 )
Hector takes 29, ARM damage and falls alseep - then 33, ARM damage and wakes up.
[OOC] WC GM: Cassandra!
Cassandra casts Areo on Bot C
[OOC] WC GM: No space
Cassandra rolled 1d8+28 and got 6 ( Total: 34 )
[OOC] WC GM: And roll to hit first
[OOC] Cassandra: sorry
Cassandra rolled 1d100 and got 35 ( Total: 35 )
Another bit of bot C flies away.
[OOC] WC GM: Xanatos!
[OOC] Cassandra: my bad.
[OOC] Xanatos: o.o im not supposed to go? or my turn?
[OOC] Pak: Your turn!
[OOC] WC GM: Your turn.
Xanatos rolled 1d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 )
[OOC] Xanatos: T_T FUCK
[OOC] WC GM: And it turns out that still hits.
[OOC] Pak: XD
[OOC] WC GM: These guys are W:magic. ;)
Ahiru: (MACC is good
Xanatos: (About to say. T_T)
Ahiru: (MACC is mote accurate than ACC)
[OOC] WC GM: Pay no attention to the nick changes.
[OOC] WC GM: So, roll damage.
[OOC] Cassandra: okay
[OOC] Xanatos: o_o;;; err… i want to use lethargy, but… =_= ack. which one is that!! >_>;;;; *forgot*
[OOC] WC GM: …declare what you're using before you roll.
Xanatos: Lethargy!
Ahiru: (It's AGI down it makes them hit us worse)
[OOC] Xanatos: T_T
[OOC] Xanatos: -o- can i switch it, or do i have to now?
[OOC] WC GM: Ah. Then 100 misses.
[OOC] WC GM: Since Lethargy uses MACC-50
[OOC] WC GM: You've still used the MP, though.
[OOC] Xanatos: truth. *nodnod*
Bots A and C target Pak.
WC GM rolled 2d100 and got 93, 17 ( Total: 110 )
WC GM rolled 1d10+24 and got 10 ( Total: 34 )
WC GM rolled 1d10+24 and got 6 ( Total: 30 )
WC GM rolled 2d100 and got 90, 55 ( Total: 145 )
Pak takes 34, ARM damage then 30, ARM damage - but wakes up.
[OOC] WC GM: Sakha!
Pak is dead.
[OOC] Pak: In fact…
Hector: "Dammit! Alright, we're getting out of here!"
Sakha: "Pak!"
[OOC] Pak: No, I'm not Fatal. n.n;
[OOC] WC GM: They aren't *that* strong. :P
[OOC] Hector: You're kidding, right?
Xanatos: (XD)
[OOC] Hector: Let me guess. I have to make another thirty tactics rolls to figure out the trick.
[OOC] Hector: Because GOD FORBID you ever make a straightforward battle encounter.
[OOC] WC GM: The trick: level up.
[OOC] Hector: Well, there was the Refridgerator demons.
[OOC] Xanatos: XD Refrigerator*?
[OOC] Hector: Everyone's so fucking impetuous that they keep barreling into shit we're ill-prepared for.
[OOC] WC GM: And - Wedge/Hicks/Biggs have been straightforward battles.
[OOC] Hector: I'm all for spending a session levelling.
[OOC] Xanatos: XD DO A BARREL ROLL
[OOC] WC GM: Sakha!
[OOC] WC GM: BTW - if one party member escapes, you all escape.
Sakha: (I'm trying to decide an action… If Pak's not in danger of dying….)
[OOC] WC GM: Pak's KOed.
[OOC] WC GM: But not Fatal.
Sakha: (no countdown ticker?)
[OOC] WC GM: Nope.
Sakha then gets mad and freezes Bot C
[OOC] Xanatos: -_- *hears stomach growl and curse at me*
Sakha rolled 1d100-127 and got 58 ( Total: -69 )
[OOC] WC GM: hit
Sakha rolled 1d8+40 and got 8 ( Total: 48 )
WC GM rolled 1d1+47,150% and got 1 ( Total: 72.0 )
Bot C is looking weak.
Bot F tasers Ahiru.
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 61 ( Total: 61 )
WC GM rolled 1d10+24 and got 4 ( Total: 28 )
WC GM rolled 1d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 )
Ahiru takes 28, ARM damage and falls to Sleep(4).
[OOC] WC GM: …wait, scratch that, one of the bots was confused.
WC GM rolled 1d8 and got 8 ( Total: 8 )
Bot F heals itself instead.
Round ends. Bot F is Confuse(2)
WC GM: Battle order: Hector:18 Ahiru:17 Cassandra:17 BotB:16 BotD:15 Xanatos:11 BotF:11 BotA:9 Sakha:8 BotC:8 BotE:8
[OOC] WC GM: Hector!
Hector RUN
[OOC] WC GM: SPD check.
Hector rolled 1d100 and got 77 ( Total: 77 )
Hector does not run fast enough.
[OOC] WC GM: Ahiru
[OOC] Hector: OF COURSE NOT. FUCK FORBID THIS STUPID FUCKING DICEBOT EVER COOPERATE.
[OOC] Xanatos: T_T WHAT JEFF SAID
[OOC] WC GM: Well, if Ahiru and Cassandra go along with the plan, there's a good chance of getting away before the bots can act again.
Hector: "Ahiru, Cass, RUN, dammit!"
Cassandra runs
Cassandra rolled 1d100 and got 11 ( Total: 11 )
Cassandra leads the party in getting away.
You manage to get outside the door and close it.
Hector is carrying Pak's passed-out body.
Sakha: "Hey, where are you taking Pak!"
Sakha has a reason to follow with that
breathes heavily* "That was bad."
…you realize. Those weren't just kind of like the robots you saw above Mountainsburg. Those were the exact same model.
Xanatos stares at hector!
Hector: "We're getting the hell out of here, that's what."
Sakha: "I almost had that one!"
Hector: "Yeah, one. Out of SIX."
Made by the same factory. And they looked quite similar to the robots you lead across the plains just now.
Cassandra: "They almost had us."
Xanatos: "<_<
Xanatos: "
[OOC] WC GM: Need more hints as to what's going on? ;)
Hector lays Pak across the back of his own chocobo. "We're going back to Plainsburg. I recognize those robots. We ran into them in Mountainsburg."
Sakha: "They don't want people going through the tunnel… but I want to see it!"
Cassandra: "Yeah, I need to get some new equipment."
Hector: "I'm going to see if I can dig up something about a weak point, a flaw in the programming, something."
Cassandra: "That works also."
Hector: "We were ill-prepared for that fight. I may be a stubborn arse of a man, but I know when I'm getting my tail whipped."
Cassandra nods
Hector points to Sakha, and then Xanatos. "You two."
Sakha: "We have to go back there…?" Sakha sighs… "Well… I need help in taking them down…"
Cassandra: "Plus, we have to get Pak a PD."
Sakha: "That's right~" >_< "I didn't get back at that thing for hurting Pak!"
Xanatos: "Well, fighting like that, despite my suckage… eattttt. =_= *drool* We're not going back!! >_>"
Hector: "You know what? You really need to know the story."
Hector takes a while to tell the story of Shaft, his people, Pak's arrival, and things that happened to make everyone arrive in Plainsburg.
Xanatos: (XD shaft.)
Hector: "You see, Sakha, I'm Pak's family. Just because you're his sister doesn't mean you're his family."
Sakha: "That makes me want to go down there even more! They're hiding our history!"
Hector: "But there's no point in going down there if we're just going to be mowed down by some robots."
By the time Hector finishes, it's nightfall. The temple itself makes for good shelter, and the robots have made no move towards getting past the door.
Hector: "There might be more than just the six. It's going to be a long haul. That's why I want to get a weakness or something."
Cassandra: "I agree. Lets get some rest, and supplies. "
Hector sighs. "Look, we're all a bit strung-out. How about we make camp, catch some Z's, and start being a bit more rational in the morning?"
Xanatos: "REST. I second that motion."
[OOC] WC GM: Let me know when you're done.
Ahiru: "I can't go there yet, I have to deal with Bolt first."
Saiai-neko squirms.
[OOC] Pak: I haet internet today.
Xanatos KICKS THE SHIT OUT OF Saiai's connection
Hector: "Cass, heal Pak's wounds as best you can."
Cassandra: "Yes, Hector."
Hector corrals the chocobos into some kind of safe area. "You guys…rest, too."
Cassandra walks towards Pak, and begins to heal his wounds
Hector GO SLEEP NOW
Ahiru: "Can I get a heal too…? I'm not feeling very stable as a human being right now…"
A full night's rest manages to heal your wounds - even Pak's unconsciousness. You wake up…
[OOC] WC GM: and cut
Sakha raises an eyebrow at Ahiru
Xanatos locates Sakha

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License