Ch2 7

Peter|GM: THE ARCOLITH "FILIOS" .
Peter|GM: Something is wrong within the Arcolith. The architecture of the two sites is starting to buckle, crack, collapse. A guttering, sickly blue light runs through the fissures in Site A, which has listed to one side, taking on water.
Elbereth: "The explosives certainly did a number on Site A, didn't they?"
Peter|GM: Site B is - well, it's better off, that's for certain.
MiRA-[CLE] steps through the strange hand portal after Lobelia during her return to the Arcolith, and looks around curiously at everything.
Peter|GM: But the glass ceiling above the now-bleached white coral garden has begun to wither away, leaving an empty, ragged wire skeleton as the glass disintegrates.
Hayreddin: "And the collapse of A will, in time, take B with it."
Hayreddin: "Saves us much trouble of keeping any further attention on the place."
Lobelia: "I know enough of the study to know what a shame it is to let it fall apart, but I am fortunate enough to not be so invested that I let the knowledge burden me." Shrug.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Huh, this looks WAY different from the city we were just in."
Elbereth glances at Mira. "This is the place I spoke of, World Savior. So find out what you must so we can be on our way."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Did you guys maybe find a computer terminal while you were exploring before? That'd be the easiest way."
Lobelia: "A… what? Could you describe its appearance?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Uh."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Fuck, how do you describe a computer. … What kind of computer would they even be using? Uhh."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Okay so it would… probably be rectangular, in either case. And have a big, clear screen. Kind of like glass, but not glass? And there's either be a keyboard attached to it, or you'd be able to touch the screen to make it do different things.."
MiRA-[CLE]: "It would… probably…. be on a desk-like stand of some kind?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "…Unless it was phone styled, then it'd be a device about as big as your hand with the same kind of screen?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "And would be portable."
MiRA-[CLE] scratches at her cheek.
Hayreddin: "Perhaps we think a bit bigger- where would one of these most likely be located?"
Lobelia shakes her head. "We'd best check deeper in the ruin. I didn't see any keys hanging from any boards."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Oh not a - hm. A keyboards sort of like a … typewriter? Do you guys have type writers?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Anywhere as for where it would be… maybe in a place that looked like personal quarters? Or a… war room? Or anything that looked like it had a lot of other machinery."
Elbereth: "I cannot say I've come across from anything like that. The only keyboard I used was the one to summon Virindigris." She glances at the fiend before nodding.
Hayreddin: "That would be a good start, then."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Virindigris?"
Peter|GM: The luminous forest-fiend waves from further down the beach at the mention of her name.
MiRA-[CLE] squints.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Oh, a FIEND."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Okay, YOU probably know what the Exarch are since… like… they would have made you, I'm pretty sure."
Peter|GM: Her body is wooden and stony in places. Her face is soft, her head antlered, her feet cloven.
Peter|GM: And she does stand up and walk over to Mira.
Peter|GM: "The one who made me," she says, with a tip of her head to Elbereth. "Is that one."
Elbereth nods back.
MiRA-[CLE]: "…Hmm. Maybe they let a fiend engine or an atelier here."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Can you take us to the computer or machine otherwise that you were created from?"
Elbereth: "Follow me then, World Savior. It's not far from here." She saunters off towards Site B.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Awesome."
Peter|GM: She smiles to Elbereth - "Will I be needed for this? I'm enjoying the sea breeze a bit, still."
Elbereth: "I do not believe so. You can wait until I depart proper." She smiles.
Hayreddin turns to leave, his clothes billowing as another piece of Site A sloughs off and crashes into the waves below.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Yeah if you were just born you wouldn't have any reason to know anything I need to know."
Peter|GM: Inside Site B:
Lobelia follows, pointing out any interesting details on the way in, like the ring in the basement.
Peter|GM: The ruin is dying. The coral garden is bleached, cracking where it sits now unshielded from the sun.
Peter|GM: The arcoreactors can't even drive any energy to the ring, though there are coralites that have teemed downstairs, desperately huddling against it out on its thin mounting.
Peter|GM: The glass tubes of the next area are foggy, clouded, muddy.
MiRA-[CLE]: "…I guess this place was sea themed?"
Elbereth: "Water aspected." She corrects.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Same thing."
Peter|GM: The pipes and tubes running through the hallways towards the Fiend Engine have burst. The pump room -
Peter|GM: It, itself, is hidden. A massive coral serpent, sickly, its back bleached and dying, is twisting around, crooning in a horrible moan.
Peter|GM: There's two of those lizard soldiers nearby.
Peter|GM: er, -hidden +listing, wrenched to one side. (Weird error!)
MiRA-[CLE]: "That is DEFINITELY a Fiend Engine, if ever I've seen one."
MiRA-[CLE]: "We should… definitely… make sure this incoming Empire can't make use of it before you leave here for good."
Hayreddin adjusts his sleeves. "Then destruction it shall be."
Lobelia nods, then unhooks her axe. "Anything you want to use it for before we do the deed?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Not really. If the same Exarch returns they'll be able to regain control of any Fiends made from this Engine so… not worth the risk of accidently building an army for them."
Elbereth shakes her head. "I am uncertain I could create another fiend at this time regardless, Lady Wintervine."
Lobelia turns to Hayreddin, shouldering her axe. "I'll start on the right side, then." She then steps over to the console and starts hacking the computer (apart) (with an axe.)
Peter|GM: Lobelia: Roll Strength!
MiRA-[CLE] keeps a wary eye on the giant serpent.
Lobelia rolled 5d6 and got 2, 1, 5, 5, 6 ( Total: 19 ) for +1 from melee weapon
Peter|GM: The massive organ splits in half with a single axe-blow. The inner workings are… bizarre - honey-comb like, dripping with glistening, prismatic honey.
Peter|GM: The serpent, up until now content to twist and call in the height of the room, shrieks and descends, and the lizard soldiers attack also!
MiRA-[CLE]: "Incoming!"
Hayreddin wrinkles his brow at the internals of the machine, but readies himself when the monsters come running/slithering!!
Peter|GM: IT'S A FIGHT!
Peter|GM: Humans gain drive.
Peter|GM: Round One - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Hayreddin!
Lobelia frowns at the gooey mess it's making of her axe. "That's disgusting. Oh well! I'm just going to have to wash this off with some blood." She grins at the reptiles.
Peter|GM: Before you are two lizard-noid soldiers, holding curved blades with helmets moulded to their faces, with thick, lashing tails.
Peter|GM: The Coral Hunter is a massive, twisting, aerial serpent, its back lined with coral growth.
Peter|GM: This one is sickly - its coral is bleached, its eyes clouded and unfocused.
Elbereth points at the Coral Hunter. "Weak to Fire."
Hayreddin hefts his staff, and with a steely-eyed glare- [Q, Temper]- he thwacks Lizard Soldier A and twirls his staff about in large, looping arcs, protecting against Soldier B and the Coral hunter! [Protect, Take You All On]
Hayreddin rolled 1d100 and got 50 ( Total: 50 ) for 80
Hayreddin rolled 1d6+6 and got 6 ( Total: 12 ) for damage to soldier A
[Short Challenge I to Soldier B, Coral Hunter]
[Barrier (5) to self]
Peter|GM: They're challenged! The Coral Hunter dips down and swoops into Hayreddin and Lobelia!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 60, 64 ( Total: 124 ) for 80
Peter|GM rolled 2d10+12 and got 6, 7 ( Total: 25.0 )
Peter|GM: Battering them about for 25 and 19 physical damage respectively!
Peter|GM: The Coral Hunter sprouts a crackling coral spire on its back, which zaps Hayreddin for [True Strike 10 Air]!
Peter|GM: Barrier protects against both!
MiRA-[CLE]: "Who should I be shootin' first? You guys seem kinda familiar with these things."
Hayreddin: "The Coral Hunter, if you will!"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Ai'ght."
Peter|GM: miRA, you are go!
MiRA-[CLE] spins her shotgun around once, lights glowing on it as she fires a slug into the Coral Hunter. [Conjuration]
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 ) for 80/10
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d6+8 and got 5 ( Total: 13 )
Peter|GM: Blasts it in the face for 13!
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Elbereth fans her grimoire before calling forth an [Eruption] on the Coral Hunter. [Sixth Sense - Reveal the weakness!]
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for burst check
Elbereth rolled d8+25 and got 8 ( Total: 33.0 ) for Weakness accounted for
MiRA-[CLE] tilts her head.
Elbereth also uses C Launch to True strike Lizard A for 6 physical damage.
MiRA-[CLE]: "So… these Empire folks must be… REAL impressive if they can make someone who can do THAT, as scared as they make you."
Peter|GM: Fears Fire! 33!
Peter|GM: Lizard A takes 6!
Peter|GM: Lizard Soldier A throws a [Hooked Chain] at Elbereth!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for C100
Elbereth: "I admit I am a bit rusty, World Savior. But so long as my allies can protect me…" The page on her grimoire begins to glow. [Eruption enters Witch mode]
Peter|GM: She's pulled into the front row, and Long Challenged and Short K-Shattered I!
Peter|GM: Lizard Soldier B slashes at her!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 23 ( Total: 23 ) for C80
MiRA-[CLE]: "No no, I mean, that was a good hi - ah, hm."
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+11 and got 7 ( Total: 18.0 ) for reduced by challenge boosted by shatter
Peter|GM: For 18 physical damage!
Elbereth raises her shield, blocking most of the damage. [-15]
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
Lobelia presses a vial containing a sickly purple fluid onto her axe, using the honey as an adhesive, then lunges at the serpent, driving her axe down into a soft spot between chunks of coral! [Synth Venom on Coral Hunter]
Lobelia rolled d100 and got 12 ( Total: 12 ) for 90/10
Lobelia pulls her axe loose with a blast of her gun, Rapid Firing soldier B for 8 damage and splattering it with poison! [Long Toxin 1]
Lobelia rolled d10+10 and got 4 ( Total: 14 )
Peter|GM: The spire comes flying off as Lobelia chops into it, destroyed! 14! Soldier B takes 8 damage and is poisoned!
MiRA-[CLE]: "Oooh, gunaxe. That's cool."
Lobelia also definitely remembered to shake her amber beads to draw energy from them before doing that, of course! [Q-Amber Beads]
Peter|GM: Round Two - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Hayreddin!
Hayreddin 's eyes glint, and he speeds up! [OD - Double Up] [https://youtu.be/Qzv73fvEkt4]
Hayreddin begins with a staff thwack to Lizard Soldier A as he sweeps it around to ward off the others! [Take You All On]
Hayreddin rolled 1d100 and got 31 ( Total: 31 ) for 80
Hayreddin rolled 1d6+6 and got 2 ( Total: 8 ) for Short Challenge I to Soldier B ad Coral Hunter
Peter|GM: 8!
Hayreddin then darts to the Coral Hunter, his left arm lashing out, longer than usual- it's a flail! It strikes several revealing points along the snake! [Break]
Hayreddin rolled 1d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 ) for 80
Hayreddin rolled 1d6+9 and got 5 ( Total: 14 ) for Short K-Shatter I
Peter|GM: The spinning staff keeps the serpent at bay, and then - the flail strikes true!
Peter|GM: 14!
Peter|GM: It's Shattered!
Hayreddin flaps his sleeves! [Q, Lightning in a Bottle] There's a boom of thunder!
Peter|GM: The Coral Hunter swoops into Hayreddin and Elbereth!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 32, 21 ( Total: 53 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 2d10+12 and got 5, 9 ( Total: 26.0 )
Peter|GM: Striking Hayreddin or 26 and Elbereth for 20!
Peter|GM: MiRA!
Peter|GM: Oh, and it grows a spire and zaps Hayreddin for 10 Air!
Elbereth: "I trust you both recall the serpents weak point?"
Hayreddin: "Re-enlighten us, Madam Elbereth!"
Lobelia: "Get the spire if you can." She nods.
Elbereth: "Attacking the back shatters the spires!"
Hayreddin: "I believe Madam Lobelia made for it previously!"
MiRA-[CLE] squints, then fires another around at the Coral Hunter after Hayreddin creates some open space - aiming for the stupid fin that's making lighting. [Demonstrate]
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 70 ( Total: 70 ) for 80/10
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d6+8 and got 2 ( Total: 10 )
[OOC] MiRA-[CLE]: +3 from shatter, oops
Peter|GM: 13! The spire shatters!
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Elbereth nods to Lizard Soldier A as a blade of ice forms in her hand. She meets its challenge with a nimble leap slashing at the beast. [Arctic Slice - Water | Using C-Launch]
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 80 ( Total: 80 ) for burst check
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness!
Elbereth rolled 2d6+17 and got 2, 1 ( Total: 20.0 ) for Hits the weakness. Witch Mode
Elbereth takes a step back, a new page on her grimoire glowing.
Peter|GM: The lizard soldiers attack Elbereth!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 88, 83 ( Total: 171 ) for C80
Peter|GM: But can't catch her!
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
Elbereth nimbly sidesteps before smiling at Lobelia. "It would seem they still remember me burning the Arcoliths tree."
[OOC] Elbereth: I did not actually use C-Launch add 4 damage to that please I'm bad.
Lobelia swings her axe at a clump of coral on the hunter's back. That's one potential spine down, too bad it'd die before she could hit them all. [Attack]
Lobelia rolled d100 and got 77 ( Total: 77 ) for 90/10 and RF60
Peter|GM: It's a hit! Boosted by Shatter!
[OOC] Lobelia: ehhhh I'll spend 2 LP for RF proc
[OOC] Lobelia: on soldier A
Lobelia rolled d10+13 and got 2 ( Total: 15 ) for +3 shatter
Peter|GM: 15! Blasts for 8, right?
[OOC] Lobelia: 15 to the hunter, 8 to the lizard
Peter|GM: The lizard snarls, clutching the black-bleeding wound!
Peter|GM: Round Three - Showtime!
[OOC] Lobelia: my OD is full, so I will ask who is debuffed when it is my turn!
Peter|GM: Hayreddin!
[OOC] Peter|GM: I think that also means 'try and debuff every enemy'!
[OOC] Elbereth: What do you think I am, A magus?
[OOC] Lobelia: magus can't cast nova regulus….
[OOC] Lobelia: maybe I need to grab LIT in a bottle so I can line up my OD to be in the same battle as yours)) ((but only when you're full on MP
Hayreddin rushes at the Coral Hunter, erratically stabbing at its undercarriage! [Stumble]
Hayreddin rolled 1d100 and got 22 ( Total: 22 ) for 80/20
Hayreddin [-1 LP]
Hayreddin rolled 2d6+10 and got 6, 5 ( Total: 21 ) for +1 Mastery next round
Peter|GM: 21! It hisses and winds!
Peter|GM: The Coral Hunter swoops into Lobelia and Elbereth!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 7, 18 ( Total: 25 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 2d10+12 and got 4, 9 ( Total: 25.0 )
Peter|GM: Catching Lobelia in fangs and battering into Elbereth for 25 physical damage!
Peter|GM: A spire sprouts, zapping Elbereth for [10 True Air]!
Peter|GM: MiRA!
Elbereth: "As you can see, World Savior. It doesn't take much to bring me down."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Hmm… yeah okay now's as good a time as any." Mira rolls her shoulder, then fires her gun into the air - and the barrel that's actually a wand glows bright green, and mist scatters through the air and onto Hayreddin and Lobelia. [Acclaim]
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 36 ( Total: 36 ) for 100/25
MiRA-[CLE] rolled 2d8r1+18: (1, 8), (1, 5) [Total: 31.0 (High), Avg and got 6.50
Peter|GM: They're healed!
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Lobelia grins at Elbereth. "I've seen you keep it together through worse. You'll be fine, it's just some arson retaliation."
Elbereth considers her options before deciding to all in. She rushes forward once more slicing at Lizard A. [Arctic Slice - Witch Mode]
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 ) for Burst check
[OOC] Elbereth: Tiger Bracelet
ProClifo: Hey, I thought you guys might be interested in this blog by freenode staff member Bryan 'kloeri' Ostergaard https://bryanostergaard.com/
ProClifo: or maybe this blog by freenode staff member Matthew 'mst' Trout https://MattSTrout.com/
ProClifo: Read what IRC investigative journalists have uncovered on the freenode pedophilia scandal https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Freenodegate
ProClifo: Voice your opinions at https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#freenode
Elbereth rolled 3d10+19 and got 7, 2, 8 ( Total: 36.0 )
Peter|GM: Blasts for 36!
[OOC] Peter|GM: yay El! I think +s will do the trick
MiRA-[CLE] then taps at her chin with the barrel of her gun, looking at Elbereth. "I suppose that makes sense, but I wasn't askin' ya to fight 'em off alone, Ears."
Peter|GM: Anyway, both of the lizard soldiers definitely attack Elbereth.
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 91, 69 ( Total: 160 ) for C80
Elbereth sidesteps both! [-2 LP]
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
MiRA-[CLE]: "Since yeah, that'd be kind of crazy. But an uprisin'… well, that needs to start SOMEWHERE. Though I think with your pirate friends, we might've found one."
Lobelia quickly slips an extra shell into the chamber of her gun [Q: Quick Load], then, grinning, she aims her gun at the coral hunter and lets loose a shot with extra BANG to it! [OD: Double Up - Eliminate, C-Water https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8ZGY2ONvmI]
Lobelia rolled d100 and got 29 ( Total: 29 ) for 80/10
[OOC] Lobelia: -2 LP for a crit
Peter|GM: It's a critical strike!
Lobelia rolled 4d8+15 and got 8, 7, 1, 8 ( Total: 39 ) for +3 shatter +4 crit +1d crit +2d intuition
Peter|GM: 39!!!
MiRA-[CLE] lets out a low whistle.
MiRA-[CLE]: "For real though, you guys seem pretty strong. You'd make a good addition to the war effort."
[OOC] Lobelia: Long Chill 2 also!
[OOC] Lobelia: also… I forgot eliminate has +2 dmg, It Was 41 Actually
Peter|GM: It's chilled! Keep going!
Lobelia follows up with a swing of her axe, bashing some more coral to pieces! [Attack]
Lobelia rolled d100 and got 98 ( Total: 98 ) for 90/10 RF60
[OOC] Lobelia: -1 LP I guess!
[OOC] Peter|GM: Isss your RF still at 60 if you just Eliminated?
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
[OOC] Lobelia: I did an OD and got one stack from that… or is that End of Turn?
[OOC] Peter|GM: Hmm Yeah Urite Checks Out
Lobelia rolled d10+13 and got 3 ( Total: 16 ) for +3 kpower
Peter|GM: 16!
Peter|GM: Round Four - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Hayreddin!
Hayreddin: "Quickly, finish it off!!" He takes aim at the serpent and fires multiple times along its body! [Drag]
Hayreddin rolled 1d100 and got 7 ( Total: 7 ) for 90
Hayreddin [-1 LP]
Hayreddin rolled 2d6+10 and got 3, 1 ( Total: 14 ) for Slow 1
Peter|GM: 14! It's Slowed!
Peter|GM: Mira!
MiRA-[CLE]: "Okay!"
MiRA-[CLE] spins her shotgun once, before finishing it off as the barrel glows. [Conjuration]
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 23 ( Total: 23 ) for 80/10
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d6+8 and got 3 ( Total: 11 )
Peter|GM: 11! It's slain!
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Elbereth begins to chant as a bolt strikes through the roof and hits Lizard Soldier B. [Bolt]
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 ) for burst check
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Elbereth rolled d8+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12.0 ) for challenge damage not factored in. Using C Pin for -5 Drive total
Elbereth retreats into the back row.
Peter|GM: 6!
Peter|GM: Lizard Soldier A glares at Hayreddin, sizing him up! [OD - Death Stare]. With a swish of its tail, the enemies seem a little more vicious… [Hayreddin's Long K-Shattered II!]
Peter|GM: The soldiers strike at him!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 92, 47 ( Total: 139 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+16 and got 8 ( Total: 24.0 ) for boosted by shatter
Peter|GM: Striking for 24 physical damage!
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
Lobelia resumes her firing stance, absorbing another powerful BANG! Soldier A gets blasted with shots! [Eliminate]
Lobelia rolled 1d100 and got 61 ( Total: 61 ) for 80/10
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Lobelia rolled 2d8+8 and got 3, 1 ( Total: 12 )
Peter|GM: 12!
[OOC] Lobelia: plus two- eliminate
[OOC] Lobelia: I keep forgetting
Peter|GM: got it - 14!
Peter|GM: Round Five - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Hayreddin!
Hayreddin zooms in and beats Soldier A with several lashes from a flail! [Attack]
Hayreddin rolled 1d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 ) for 80
Hayreddin [-2 LP]
Hayreddin rolled 1d6+9 and got 4 ( Total: 13 )
Peter|GM: 13! It's slain! Mira!
MiRA-[CLE] aims her gun back in the air, before pulling the trigger and producing another cloud of green mist, which falls upon Elbereth and Hayreddin this time. [Acclaim]
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 62 ( Total: 62 )
MiRA-[CLE] also activated her [Lion's Bracelet], of course.
[OOC] Peter|GM: Hey, you let me do it.
Peter|GM: Spell is cast!
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d8+20 and got 8 ( Total: 28 ) for Healing!
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Hayreddin: "Thanks again!"
MiRA-[CLE] … also activates the [Rush Combo]! And grants +2 Drive to Hayreddin and Elbereth.
Elbereth is quick to dash back into the front lines once more, slashing at Lizard Soldier B. [Arctic Slice - Witch Modeo | Dash]
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 82 ( Total: 82 ) for burst
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness!
Elbereth rolled 2d10+20 and got 5, 1 ( Total: 26.0 )
Peter|GM: 26!
Peter|GM: The soldier shakes off the ice and slices into Hayreddin!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 92 ( Total: 92 ) for C80
Peter|GM: But can't catch him - he parries!
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
Lobelia charges at Lizard B, swinging upwards from below- she's got to hit that one honeyed spot still on her axe, of course. [Attack]
Lobelia rolled d100 and got 99 ( Total: 99 ) for 90/10 0ammo :c
[OOC] Lobelia: Scratch 4 shrugggggg
Peter|GM: Round Six - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Hayreddin!
Peter|GM: But yes, 4!
Lobelia glares at the lizard as the blow glances off a thick scale. It's mostly hurt emotionally.
Hayreddin charges in! [OD - Double Up] His staff twirls about, striking the remaining Lizard Soldier several times! [https://youtu.be/Qzv73fvEkt4] [Attack] [Attack]
Hayreddin rolled 2d100 and got 24, 76 ( Total: 100 ) for 80
Hayreddin rolled 1d6+6 and got 4 ( Total: 10 )
Hayreddin rolled 1d6+6 and got 3 ( Total: 9 )
Peter|GM: 10! 9!
Peter|GM: Mira!
MiRA-[CLE] [Reload]s her gun.
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Elbereth hits it with one more [Arctic Slice].
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 99 ( Total: 99 ) for burst
Elbereth rolled 2d10+20 and got 1, 4 ( Total: 25.0 )
Peter|GM: 25! It slashes at Hayreddin!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 88 ( Total: 88 )
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
Peter|GM: It missed. And is looking sick…
Lobelia takes another swing at the last lizard, cutting at its sword arm! [Attack]
Lobelia rolled d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 ) for 90/10
[OOC] Lobelia: graze 4………
Peter|GM: 4!
Peter|GM: Round Seven - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Hayreddin!
Hayreddin takes aim and fires! [Attack - Pistol]
Hayreddin rolled 1d100 and got 52 ( Total: 52 ) for 90
Hayreddin rolled 1d6+6 and got 2 ( Total: 8 )
Peter|GM: 8! It's slain!
Peter|GM: THE COAST IS CLEAR. All threats have been eliminated and the Arcolith is crumbling. +10 EXP.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Not not, not bad."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Yeah, I think I'm definitely going to want to keep you guys on board for the revolution."
MiRA-[CLE] spins her gun around on her finger, before moving towards the Fiend Engine to look for a control panel.
Peter|GM: It's leaking. It was once controlled through its keys - like a piano - but it's been split in half.
Hayreddin: "Likewise, and isn't that backwards…?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "How do'ya figure?"
Lobelia takes a deep breath and re-hooks her axe to her belt. Seems like she picked up a replacement for those holsters in Ecafa- the hook looks brand new! [+1 LP, Youth's Charm]
MiRA-[CLE] pokes at the keys experimentally, make sure none of them get it to power on.
Hayreddin: "The revolution is already happening, for some of us."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Oh, well."
Peter|GM: They come apart at the touch.
Peter|GM: The fiend engine has a sweet smell.
MiRA-[CLE]: "The way Ears made it sound - what the hell are all your names anyway - it didn't seem like anyone was doin' much of anything and I super needed to give it a kickstart."
Hayreddin: "Hmm…" He regards Mira, and it is rather obvious he is sizing her up.
MiRA-[CLE] nods to herself, taking a step back before emptying three slugs into the machine, just to be certain.
MiRA-[CLE]: "My name's MiRA-[CLE].ex//soldier for the world LIBER,"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Though apparently that's hard to pronounce…? So Mira's fine."
Hayreddin: "How did you even pronounce the middle part…" He shakes off an odd feeling.
Elbereth bows slightly. "I believe I have already been introduced, but I am Elbereth. You may also have heard the captain refer to me as 'Mirage Witch' or others 'Witch'. Any are preferable to ears." A smile.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Elbereth, then."
Hayreddin: "I am Hayreddin, a traveller from Ul'Sala, and a Man of the West Crescent." He folds his hands across each other, and then into his sleeves.
Elbereth: "Did coming here teach you anything at all, World Savior?"
Elbereth: "I am afraid that we exhausted a fair number of resources without much to show for it."
Lobelia: "You may call me Lobelia. Lobelia Wintervine." She curtsies, skirt-plates clinking.
MiRA-[CLE] nods in greeting to Hayreddin and Lobelia in turn, before giving a more informative nod to Elbereth. "Yeah, I'm like… 95% sure the Patreons you were talking about were in fact the Exarch, if they got Fiend Engine's laying around in a… base like this."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Which means there should be at least two more facilities on this planet, somewhere, that we're going to want to trash. It's weird that the Exarch just fucked off without this stuff, though. I was under the impression they were assigned to planets forever."
Elbereth: "Why are fiends a problem, if I may ask? Virindigris has been nothing but helpful and stays in my vicinity."
Hayreddin: "Is it not possible that this Exarch could have perished?"
MiRA-[CLE] runs a hand through her hair, thinking.
Elbereth: "Recall the story from the ghost, Master Hayreddin. These Exarchs existed up until the siren on the day of his execution."
MiRA-[CLE]: "The fiends are only a problem if there's an Exarch controlling them. Without one… I guess they're really not so different from your typical devil or monster, I guess."
Hayreddin: "Well…" He tilts his head slightly. "It seems that 'Exarch' could be referred to as both a people and a person."
MiRA-[CLE]: "As for them dyin'… well, Elbereth implied they left some time ago and there weren't any records of them kickin' the can, at least."
Hayreddin: "Discerning between the two is something I grapple with."
MiRA-[CLE]: "I guess it's possible and that's why there's a new fleet of Exarch's inbound as we speak, though."
Elbereth: "My understanding is that them and the Founders are one and the same. Vanished roughly three-hundred years ago."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Hrrm."
Lobelia: "I had many friends who aspired to become scholars. They'd be absolutely mortified if they knew you wanted to destroy the arcoliths and deny them the chance to study them. Is denying your enemy the advantage of utilizing them that important?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Well, this building looked like… more of a home base kind of place, rather than a facility with any real use."
MiRA-[CLE]: "So we'll probably find more relevant information in the others."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Uh, yeah."
MiRA-[CLE]: "You do *not* want an Exarch having access to a Light Mine."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Unless you have a strong desire to be a slave with no control over yourself."
Elbereth: "To be frank, I am tempted to ask the captain to skip Leviathan altogether and take us to the south-eastern continent. I cannot imagine we will do anything but trouble for the city should dead men walk ashore into a puppet state."
MiRA-[CLE]: "You'd know more 'bout that than I would."
Elbereth shakes her head before making her way back to the beach. "Let us leave this place. I'll ask Virindigris to take us back to Ecafa."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Does that mean you know where these other… Arcoliths? are then?"
Elbereth nods. "I do."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Oh, good."
Elbereth: "Although I wonder if your records are outdated, as there are four, not three."
Elbereth: "Unless you meant three remain…?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Entirely possible, I was booted up a bit earlier than expected. I just knew there'd be at least three from the facilities they need to opperate."
Peter|GM: On the beach,
MiRA-[CLE]: "But there's always a chance there were more."
Peter|GM: Virindigris tilts her head.
Peter|GM: "Of course, you can head back any time. But…"
Peter|GM: "Well, if you're packing up the camp, you'll need to come back for the hand, of course."
Lobelia: "We have a lead to one that's far away from Imperial control. You may also want to aid our allies currently in Ecafa if you would like to frustrate the Empire. Thanks to this fine lady's support, you'll be free to." She nods to and smiles at Virindigris.
[OOC] Elbereth: Oh shit I can't take the hand with me through the portal? I guess I'm walking to Ecafa.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Oh yeah, helping your pirate friend sounded fun. I'm always down with overthrowing tyrannical nations."
[OOC] Peter|GM: Yeah you can't take the hand through itself
MiRA-[CLE]: "It's basically my main directive"
Peter|GM: "It's good to know your purpose, isn't it?" A little curtsey from Virindigris.
Elbereth bows slightly. "My apologies, Virindigris. Our beach vacation will have to end for a bit. Ecafa seems like a nice city, however. I'm sure you can find something of interest." She glances at Lobelia and Hayreddin. "Gather up the rest of our camp supplies, we're leaving this island."
MiRA-[CLE] nods to Virindigris.
Hayreddin bows slightly to Elbereth and goes to take down what's left.
Peter|GM: Virindigris, inexplicably, helps pack.
MiRA-[CLE]: "So…"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Those ships a couple miles out… those are the Empire's, right?"
Lobelia frowns and shrugs. "Not all purposes you are given are worth fulfilling. As long as the two of you are content, though… Strike true?" She adds a little arm pump to that.
Elbereth: "I am surprised there are any ships out there at all given how long ago their approach was, World Savior."
Peter|GM: "I suppose, Lobelia, it's literally fulfilling!" A tiny giggle.
Peter|GM: On close inspection, on the horizon…
Peter|GM: There are ships. It's an Imperial picket.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Hmm?"
Peter|GM: At distance from the Arcolith. Probably keeping anyone from pushing through to Ecafa without inspection.
Lobelia goes about collecting the camp's belongings, filling crates and barrels. "Hmm, if we could at least move these through the hand for safe keeping, I'd be fine accompanying you back to Ecafa." She looks up… "Ah… That formation does not bode well."
Peter|GM: "They'll fit," Virindigris notes, with some pride.
Peter|GM: "Though, I might experience a little soreness."
Elbereth: "To be honest, I would go through the jungle to Leviathan and moor from there had we not already secured transit in Ecafa."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Sure is a lot of water on your planet."
Elbereth: "Although since the others are already at the city, perhaps we can take a different direction?"
Lobelia blushes a little, holding up some wax used for the deck of Elizabeth's ship. "I'll, err. Cut down on the friction a bit and make sure there are no spinters." A smile.
MiRA-[CLE] pauses for a second, then turns back to Elbereth. "Wait. Do you guys not have warp nodes between cities here? Wasn't that how we teleported here?"
Hayreddin: "That hand…"
Hayreddin: "Is easily one of, if not the most, sophisticated travelling device around."
Elbereth shakes her head. "I am afraid not. I am able to secure transit between me and Echo Thirty-Six. But one must always remain. Unless someone wished to stay on this island forever, we must walk."
MiRA-[CLE]: "I guess you guys got so much water because this place it totally backwater…"
Elbereth: "And we could no longer use the transit system to go anywhere but the island if we did that."
Peter|GM: She nods to Lobelia.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Sheesh."
Lobelia: "You are right, Elbereth, we can consult with a map in town to find the most efficient route. Or we could rent a dinghy, because I think we've had quite enough of wading through water for this expedition."
Elbereth: "My goal at least is the south eastern continent. The entrance to the Arcolith is in the depths of the grand library."
Elbereth: "How we get there… I am entrusting to more experienced travelers." She glances at Hayreddin and Lobelia with a smile.
Hayreddin: "Where there's a will, there's a way."
Lobelia shows off the glass sculptures to Virindigris and comments on their appeal before moving on to the next crate. "Right, we've got these treasures. We can try selling them at Ecafa, perhaps? I'm sure I could fetch enough coin for them to have Santiago's ship repairs halfway to funded."
Peter|GM: As you set out…
[OOC] Peter|GM: I'm gonna use the BETA EXPDITION RULES. It's not filled out so if there's a travel action I haven't written yet, or just something you wanna do or see, bring it up. http://seedrpg.wikidot.com/sod:expeditions
[OOC] Peter|GM: Filios -> Sharay is 2 Progress, Sharay -> Ecafa is 3 Progress, I Think That's All?
Peter|GM: Hayreddin, to reach the shore, one must wade first to the Towers, and then edge along these towering islands towards the fishing village of Sharay.
Peter|GM: They're lush with dune grasses and secluded, shadowy shallows - home to sea-scorpions, and apparently, some kobolds.
Peter|GM: …All watched over by a terrifying bird of prey.
Peter|GM: Tell me how you travel!
Hayreddin will head across the waters, and make inroads on the islands, for covered passage down a road. But, roads are often well travelled… [A Blockade]
Hayreddin scratch that
Hayreddin rewind
Hayreddin will head across the waters, and make inroads on the islands, for a bit of blazing a trail. "Bend the branch, but do not break, for we seek to leave no trace, as spirits along the winds." [Stealthy passage]
Hayreddin rolled 4d6 and got 4, 6, 3, 2 ( Total: 15 )
MiRA-[CLE]: "Suppose I should familiarize myself a bit with the world outside of civilization, too…" Mira rolls her shoulders, and trails after Hayreddin.
Peter|GM: There's all sorts of tricky passages in and around the isles, so close that you can cross from one to the other. Hayreddin is quiet and careful as he crosses near a Barbaclau nest, and stops short of a kobold encampment.
Peter|GM: They argue about the division of food until nightfall, and you pass them as they're sleeping.
Peter|GM: Lobelia, how's the trip going?
[OOC] Peter|GM: 1/2 Progress
Hayreddin gauges the kobolds, curious about these new beings. [Insight]
Hayreddin rolled 5d6 and got 6, 2, 2, 5, 2 ( Total: 17 )
Peter|GM: As you picked past one of their camps, you saw them - mixed in with their trash-bones, there's human ones, too. They're man-eaters, at the least…
Peter|GM: (Ask questions, too.)
[OOC] Hayreddin: What truth hides beneath the surface?
Peter|GM: As you drew close, you overheard some of their squabbling. Listening closer, they're not just fighting over food because they're hungry, it's…
[OOC] Hayreddin: What's more important than it seems?
Peter|GM: "YE-TAAAA! Hand your food over! You're lean and scrawny, whereas I've been fishing well. I'll change, and watch your back!"
Peter|GM: "SU-TAAAAAA you scrap-monger, su-ta! That's what the last idol said, and what does she do for us? We eat for ourselves and we hunt together! That was the rule!"
Peter|GM: And you saw how they fish and hunt, too - leaving nothing. Their all-encompassing hunger isn't just to satisfy their stomach, it's part of some sort of magic. Some sort of… change.
Peter|GM: …A little worrying.
Hayreddin considers this, and moves to recover some bits of the camp that he deems interesting. [-1 LP] [Two Stealth Successes]
MiRA-[CLE]: "(You wouldn't think a guy that big, with that many weapons, could move that quietly…)"
Peter|GM: You manage to snag one of their medicine packs. Most can't be trusted, but… [Found a Potion and a Draught!]
Hayreddin rejoins the group and they move along.
Lobelia rolled 4d6 and got 1, 2, 3, 4 ( Total: 10 )
[OOC] Lobelia: -3 LP for two successes
Lobelia takes point once the passages lead out to solid ground and open skies. Leading by torchlight, Lobelia points up to the sky. "During this season, the Sword of Saints points west. You should see the shape; that purple one, Saint Comgan's Star, is where the grip meets the hilt. Each star in the Sword signifies a saint, recognized and immortalized for the sacrifices they've made. Supposedly our God Herself keeps them
Lobelia shining in their honor. " She looks back to Mira to give her a chance to comment.
MiRA-[CLE] seems to be listening intently to Lobelia's explinations, and taking mental nods as she nods along. "It's weird how different the stars look from a planets surface…"
Lobelia: "I don't suppose you've visited any of them? It sounds like this is the first planet you've been to."
MiRA-[CLE]: "It is, I was activated on a spaceship."
Peter|GM: The sword gives a true bearing, and then it's a quick travel north to bring Sharay into sight.
Peter|GM: The lights from its smoke-fires are visible even covered on the beach shore.
MiRA-[CLE] gestures with her fingers to a few different stars. "Haven't really *been* to them, but I can tell you those places aren't any good."
[OOC] Peter|GM: That's 2/2] Elbereth, Hayreddin, Lobelia, Mira: You see the fishing village ahead, across a fordable shallows.
Lobelia guides further by the light of the western star formation… "That's a shame. Ah, we've not got long to go now. Off the coast, do you see those buoys? They float several dozen across a thousand foot long stretch of water. There's a notorious sandbar there, I've heard the Sharayans make a tidy profit on the side helping reckless traders become unstuck from it. I'm sure Santiago could tell you about it. It almost wraps
Lobelia right up to the town itself- " And before you know it, the party's already there.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Huh."
Peter|GM: A storm is coming. Did you want to stop at the inn?
Elbereth is healthy enough, at least.
MiRA-[CLE] doesn't have a single credit, or whatever currency this planet uses, to her name.
Lobelia is also fairly healthy. Maybe just a short stay, a quick meal to pass time until the weather clears.
Peter|GM: That's all well, then. The innkeeper, an ox-hundred by the name of Patience, frowns when you say you'll be heading out on further march, insists you at least stay dry through the coming storm.
Peter|GM: It beats incessently on the thatch roof, not soon after you arrive.
Peter|GM: She serves little cakes of crab and plantain mash, all fried together.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Oh, uh. Well, if you insist…"
Hayreddin will endure it, and is ready to leave when the party is- though he'll definitely partake in a meal.
Peter|GM: "I'm not so hard up," she tells Mira. "That I can't offer a little hospitality."
Elbereth isn't one to refuse the innkeepers hospitality. She does offer to help until the storm passes, though. [Waiting out the Rain[Storm]]
MiRA-[CLE]: "It's appreciated, ma'am."
Lobelia grabs a roll and tears it in half and puts the crab cake between it. She appears completely mollified, entirely at peace with this meal, forgoing any silverware and eating the thing with just her hands!
Peter|GM: "Ah, you're the Leviathan gal, aren't you?" she says, with faint recognition, as Elbereth sweeps up, changes the bed-linen as Patience cleans up after the meal.
Peter|GM: "I know a few of our fishermen have been through. Funny that we're meeting - those in our trade tend to stay put."
Elbereth nods before smiling. "It's true that I settled down for quite a few years. I'm on my way back to Leviathan now."
Peter|GM: "Heading to Leviathan through Ecafa, mm? Funny, that's been a popular route." She sets the plates on drying-rack.
Peter|GM: "Well, I shan't pry."
Elbereth shakes her head. "We regrettably lost our ship. I see no reason to keep that from you. There is no other plausible reason one would travel to Leviathan in such a manner."
Peter|GM: She says no more on the matter.
Peter|GM: The rain stops as the sun rises, and you head out, probably camping soon after.
Peter|GM: The quickest way up to Ecafa is along the Vagabond Road.
Peter|GM: Mira, what happens along the way?
MiRA-[CLE] clasps her hands together and closes her eyes, walking slowly when they next head out. Given this is Exarch land, cities are more than likely going to be built on Light veins… Which means if she can find a leyline, she'll be able to maniplate its enegies slightly to prevent any travel mishaps from slowing them down. [Mysticism]
MiRA-[CLE] rolled 4d6 and got 3, 2, 4, 4 ( Total: 13 )
MiRA-[CLE] isn't… TOTALLY use to this yet. [-1LP for 1 success]
Peter|GM: A faint shining flows out from MiRA.
Peter|GM: It sinks into the land,
Peter|GM: and is pulled, like water flowing down a drain, out to the southeast, glinting as it runs like a sharp line pointing in that direction, and dissipates.
MiRA-[CLE] opens her eyes, and there's a fire inside of them. She's seething, actually - shaking with rage.
MiRA-[CLE]: "That motherfucker that killed her is here…!"
Hayreddin: "Madam Mira?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "The…" She takes in a deep breath, holds it. Exhales.
MiRA-[CLE]: "The thing that killed Maribelle, destroyed our ship. It's here. Far off in that direction -" She points south-east. "Sleeping. Like all that shit it just didn't wasn't worth worryin' over!"
MiRA-[CLE]: "God damn, it wasn't enough that've nearly stripped this place bare of all it's light, it - fucking - augh!" There's some stomping at the ground, before she regathers herself and continues pressing forward.
Elbereth glances at Mira before giving a reassuring smile. "That is my destination once we get our ship. We'll see it soon enough."
MiRA-[CLE] clenches her fist with a nod.
Elbereth: "I admit I am curious why they had to hibernate immediately upon landing, however."
Elbereth: "Are no exarchs able to function in the current state of the world?"
[OOC] Peter|GM: 1/3].
MiRA-[CLE]: "As far as I can tell…"
Peter|GM: Along the shore road, there's the burned out husk of one of the Seville estates. It's already begun to collapse, burnt and then left unprotected from the regular storms.
MiRA-[CLE]: "It's the only one here, the other must have left… they weren't rationing the light to make it last. Pulled too much up too fast. There's barely any left."
Peter|GM: Hayreddin, how's travel?
Hayreddin rubs at his chin and gauges the ruins of the estate. A number of debris also clutter the road, and so progress is hard going… but if they're light on their feet, they can get through without much delay. [Agility]
Hayreddin rolled 3d6 and got 4, 4, 3 ( Total: 11 )
Hayreddin [-1 LP]
Peter|GM: A wall of the estate collapsed over the road in the last storm, which, combined with landslides, made for slow going. Hayreddin carefully leads the way, lending a hand.
Elbereth: "The exarchs have not been using the light for many a century. The empire is now, if I'm not mistaken?"
Elbereth: "So it would be no wonder they are using it improperly."
[OOC] Peter|GM: 2/3]. Ecafa's in sight -
Peter|GM: Its outlying villages.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Hmm. Maybe. I can't imagine they set up their systems in such a way their mortals could utilize it… but then again they… don't really seem like they were good at being rulers in the first place and you already activated the Fiend Engine so… anything's possible."
Peter|GM: But also, Imperial patrols.
Peter|GM: Who leads the way now?
[OOC] Lobelia: sounds like a job for ME
[OOC] Hayreddin: leadbelia
Peter|GM: Sure - what's your travel through occupied territory like?
Elbereth is not leading, but no doubt they're going to recognize her again at the gates as that Witch that had arcotech on her and didn't even check out of the city when she left.
Lobelia sticks to the roads, scowling a bit. "So… You," she points to Elbereth, "got into some minor trouble at the gate. You," she points to Hayreddin, "have an imperial bounty, and you," she points to Mira, "stand out too much… And we're either going to see an imperial patrol, or have to talk to one to get past the gate. Let's see what I can do to work with this…" She ponders as she strolls.
MiRA-[CLE] tilts her head to one side.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Should we just zap through and let you enter on your own then or…?"
Elbereth: "They DID let a poorly disguised Hundred pass by, so you may be overestimating their standards, Lady Wintervine. It is true that they flipped through a list of pictures with bounties on them however…"
Hayreddin: "A number of us could simply handily walk in…"
Lobelia shakes her head. "Won't be needed. I've got a clue." She tugs at her breastplate a bit, fishing a small brooch from underneath it, grasping it in one hand. "We'll come by a patrol or a [Blockade] sooner or later, I'll get us past."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Ai'ght."
Peter|GM: Of course, you're stopped at the gate…
[OOC] Peter|GM: I'm sleepy, roll Charm and we'll call it a day. <3
Lobelia holds up her brooch, showing off a… crest that the guard seems to be a bit confused about at first. However, a stern glare from Lobelia combined with a sharp "I trust I won't have to report this gentleman to my father? I'm in a hurry, and if you so much as think of dallying, I'll have you sent to a post so far north that you'll never know what a warm bed feels like again." She puncuates with a smile.
Lobelia rolled 6d6 and got 1, 3, 1, 6, 5, 6 ( Total: 22 )
Peter|GM: "B…but of course!" He stammers, letting them through without even searching their packs.
Peter|GM: And there - Ecafa! How glorious!

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License