Ch2 2

Peter|GM: THE CAMP AT THE ARCOLITH "FILIOS" .
Peter|GM: The camp is at work at various things. Even isolated, there are still relics to appraise, findings from within the Arcolith that looms over them.
Alianor rolled 4d6 and got 1, 6, 4, 4 ( Total: 15 )
[OOC] Alianor: -1 LP for 2 successes
Peter|GM: Waves wash over the shattered black stone beach.
Folis lets out an enormous yawn before rolling out of the bedroll and starting to suit up. She still feels a little grim, but refreshed after a nice long rest. So there's that small spark of light. Setting aside the Air Arcoreactor, she picks up the grimoire "Palace of Light" and brings it with her. Maybe even just its title will inspire a bit more courage.
Alianor spent some time last night looking over that tower shield from the Arcolith, experimenting with the various chemicals once again, as well as doing some various striking tests on it.
[OOC] Peter|GM: B][Bounce Magic - 1/1 - Activate when blocking Fire/Water/Air/Earth damage. True Strike an enemy other than your attacker for damage equal to the incoming value.
Le Masked Buccaneer is up, practicing his swordplay. He's stripped down to pants, a light undershirt…and his full helmet and mask. Victorieuse is recently sharpened and gleaming, or perhaps it always is that bright.
Folis: "Man, Masky. Do you realize how ridiculous you look?"
Kit gives Folis a wave as she nibbles on a small cookie, swinging her legs into the air as she sits on top on one of the few crates left after the Captain took much with the Lucky Molly
[OOC] Echo: 1/1? You said it was 2/2 when I picked it up
[OOC] Peter|GM: Hmm… I guess it's 2/2…
[OOC] Peter|GM: Whoops~.
Folis picks up Kit and lets the doll perch on her shoulder.
[OOC] Echo: Okay!
There's a small piece of paper torn from a journal folded and placed in the front cover of the Palace of Light. A note, written in Lobelia's handwriting, that explains the energy contained within and how to use it. "No charge, but, if you happen to know a good teahouse in a town we stop at… ;) " . The winky face is, of course, a bit more detailed than that- she's studied a bit of art, you know.
Peter|GM: The Shining Wall reacts strongly to a typical test, a thin beam of magic - it reflects perfecty.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Indeed, it would be hard for any thinking person to not feel ridiculous having been so hornswaggled!"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "And I, a fellow ship captain!? If I had a first mate any longer, I couldn't show my face to her."
Folis lets out a little snort at the note. "With the tone of this note, it almost sounds like they mean 'cathouse' and not 'teahouse'…"
Folis says this more to herself, quietly, than anyone else.
Peter|GM: The waters to the north are calm. One could swim to the Towers - those spire-like isles, their shores crowded with dunebrush and scrub, teeming with shorebirds - and then navigate through them to the continent proper.
Kit: "Cats are cute, I'd be ok with that"
Peter|GM: (Echo spotted the cookfires of a village that way.)
Folis just groans.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "There is no better way, is there."
Kit: "Well, I'm cute, and I'm a Cat!"
Folis: "Oh man… it's… I'll tell you later."
Echo: "Hmmm. What do we want to do now? The empire's left, but so has our ride… And there's still some of the Arcolith left to explore."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Well…for a thousand coin, we could have a finer ship still."
Folis: "See if we can find a damn town and get our bearings."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "So perhaps…press on?"
Folis: "Yeah that."
Kat points back into the Site with his little saber, to which Kit firmly rebukes with "No, The Kind Lady and Miss Wintervine should be there for the Dragon, and since they are currently indisposed, it makes more sease to find a possible port!"
[OOC] Kit: Sense*
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Ah! So across the water, then?"
Echo: "I did a bit of scouting last night, and saw a fishing village in the Towers."
Folis: "What?! Really? How far?"
Kit: "Just please keep us dolls from submersion, our source of energy wouldn't react well"
Echo: "Maybe a day's travel."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Shall we head there, then?"
Folis: "With as much haste as we can muster."
Peter|GM: Swimming to the Towers is a Strength or Agility check. [-You swim safely, -You can tow some wood behind you to keep an item (or the dolls) dry.]
Le Masked Buccaneer whirls his sword once last time.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "To the towers, then!"
Echo rolled 4d6 and got 3, 2, 5, 2 ( Total: 12 ) for Strength
Peter|GM: Echo dives in - with bearlike strength and a natural affinity with the water.
[OOC] Folis: Is that for each of us?
[OOC] Peter|GM: Yup, it's for each of you! Unless you're towing the dolls, I only need one success, though.
Le Masked Buccaneer quickly strips down to his (fine, silken) small clothes, wraps his possessions into a fine rucksack, and AWAY HE SWIMS- he's still wearing the helmet and mask. Whoever remarked they were disappointed when he took them off clearly got to him!
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 4d6 and got 3, 2, 2, 1 ( Total: 8 ) for Agility
Folis rolled 3d6 and got 2, 2, 5 ( Total: 9 ) for Strength
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Hah! How much LP to make that work, then, 1?)
Alianor reluctantly strips off her jacket and putting it away her in her pack, double-checking that all of Priscilla's valves and all are shut tightly, before divinging in herself.
Alianor rolled 2d6 and got 4, 1 ( Total: 5 )
[OOC] Alianor: -1 LP
[OOC] Echo: -2 LP to haul the dolls across
[OOC] Alianor: Svad, you'd need to spend 2 LP to score a single success, you need 5 or 6 to succeed
[OOC] Alianor: need to roll a 5 or 6^
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Gotcha! Spending 2)
Peter|GM: Echo, as you're traveling across the channel, swimming swiftly with the dolls in tow -
Peter|GM: There's a shiver down your back, a prickling in your ears.
Peter|GM: And Kit sees what it is - swooping away from one of the towers, circling and hunting, is a tremendous hunting bird the size of a wagon, a Grail Hawk!
Kit: "Big bird, incoming!"
Folis: "What the…?!"
Peter|GM: It comes for Santiago, its tremendous scoop-like beak running deep through the water, funneling up a furrow as it skims low to catch him -
Peter|GM: (…But you succeeded, so you dive out of the way!)
[OOC] Kit: Use Sorcery to try and scare it away?
[OOC] Peter|GM: He's okay, he passed the roll. :>
[OOC] Kit: kk
Le Masked Buccaneer resurfaces a moment later, water streaming out of his mask. "Foul fowl!"
Echo makes sure everyone's okay before continuing to the shore.
Peter|GM: The hawk rips its beak upwards after soaring past, swallowing a deep gullet of seawater. It caught a few fish, it seems - but no Santiago, and soon the party are reassembled on shore.
Peter|GM: The Grail Hawk banks to the right, heading deeper into the Towers. It might show itself in open spaces.
Folis: "Okay, just saying it now that we're gonna have to take care of that fucker eventually."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Indeed."
Le Masked Buccaneer reassembles his armor quickly enough, once on dry land.
Peter|GM: Dunebrush and beaches. The first sign of the great hawk's departure is seen on the beaches - the little plovers come out from hiding first, followed by the seagulls, picking through the dense seaweed for their meal.
Kit helps her brother pull the little raft onto drier land, before trying to decide if it'd be better to leave it or bring along…
Peter|GM: The islands are closely packed. Forging north will have a few crossings like that, but most of them should be able to be forded by wading.
Kit opts to leave it, and gets ready to forge on
Alianor is definitely checking to make sure that Priscilla is fine before worrying about her own wet clothing, especially if they're not done wading through water.
Peter|GM: Hmm - yeah, Priscilla will be okay, after a moment to wipe her dry.
Peter|GM: (You wouldn't want to leave her to get soaked, but the parts are built to handle longer dips than that.)
Echo shakes himself dry-well away from the dolls.
Echo continues heading in the direction of the village.
Peter|GM: Through the middle of the Towers, keeping covered, Echo?
[OOC] Echo: where possible
Peter|GM: Along a cramped passage between two of the islands, near the dense middle of the archipelago. The salt smell picks up a rotting tinge, where seaweed lifted by high tide and caught there has not had chance to dry out in the sun. Little clouds of beachflies buzz in racing clouds around your feet.
Peter|GM: And there, on the spire wall: Counting marks in red-pigment, at waist-height.
Folis: "Well that's ominous."
Alianor: "Is it just me, or is that just a little ominous?"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "I'd go with 'very'."
Echo: "Yes."
Peter|GM: There's a sort of fish-trap, running through this channel - they swim in from one side with the current, and are trapped against a net.
Peter|GM: Looking closely, there must be about twenty of them caught here.
Kit: "… Could be just a fishing spot used by the villagers"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "A hopeful conclusion!"
Echo: "…rather unlikely with how far away we are from them."
The dolls move ahead, checking around for other possible traps (( Stealth? ))
Peter|GM: Kit: Yes, definitely.
Kit rolled 4d6 and got 3, 3, 4, 1 ( Total: 11 )
[OOC] Kit: -2 LP for a success
Peter|GM: The dunegrasses swish and close up over the dolls as they go poking about ahead.
Folis: "What?!"
[OOC] Peter|GM: …In the "they vanish into cover" way, not in an "eaten by a plant" way.
[OOC] Peter|GM: Sorry <3
[OOC] Folis: Oh I was thinking like… Halicarnassus traps. xD
Peter|GM: Kit and Kat return soon enough.
Peter|GM: Up ahead, the channel opens up, facing out towards another island.
Peter|GM: In this narrow little canyon, it's hard to see more just yet, though.
Kit: "There's a fork ahead, there's likely monsters down the right path, and they may have gotten just the breifest sight of us, so they maybe on lookout…"
[OOC] Kit: briefest*
Folis: "So we're fightin'."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Well! Do we want to deal with that problem /now/ or later?"
Folis: "Now."
Folis: "Before it bites us later."
Echo: "Alright." He makes sure his shield and club are ready before heading down the canyon.
Alianor: "Wouldn't want them sneaking up behind us while we're busy with something else, I guess?"
Kit: "Dunno, they have a language, maybe we could talk to them, but… I don't think they'd be receptive, just a bad feeling I have."
Folis: "We'll see what happens on the field of battle."
Peter|GM: To the right, there's a campfire that's just been abandoned - little logs pushed aside, ashes buried with sand. There's rustling in the grasses just beyond, circling, chattering.
Peter|GM: Bones are strewn alongside it - fish, birds, rats, and - a human skull, too.
Peter|GM: Whatever made it must be nearby.
Folis: "Spooky."
Echo takes a look around, warily.
Alianor grimaces, looking a bit pale at seeing that human skull. "I think I'm inclinded to agree they might not be receptive."
Le Masked Buccaneer has his sword out. "I can but agree."
Peter|GM: They come running for Echo first - four kobolds - demihumans, little mongrel lizard-rat-beetles - their walking sticks over their shoulder, their long, makeshift hunting knives forward. They howl. "Ye-taaaaaaa! Chaaaaaarge!"
Peter|GM: IT'S A FIGHT!
Peter|GM: Alianor and Santiago gain Drive. Folis may Quicken.
Folis: "HEAVE-HOOOOO!"
Folis darts to the front!
Peter|GM: Round One - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis makes a grand sweeping motion with her staff, firing a bolt of lightning that lances through Rough C into Rough D! [Meteor Dreamline]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 82 ( Total: 82 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM: Their greasy cloaks sizzle and arc into their shining back-carapaces - they're resistent!
Folis rolled 1d8+3 and got 3 ( Total: 6.0 )
Folis: "Huh…"
Peter|GM: WIth a click of the segmented tail, they confer with one another. "Magic! Magic!" "We're outnumbered!" "But we're brave, right?" "Hehe, maybe you are!"
Peter|GM: 6! 6!
Peter|GM: Kit!
Kit lifts her staff and orb, and incites the spell from her old grimoire, the eye opening wide to peer at Kobold B [Analyze, C-Air]
Kit rolled 1d100 and got 36 ( Total: 36 ) for Scan data, M= Weakness+1, Short K-Shatter II and Long Chill
[OOC] Kit: and -1 LP to burst that
[OOC] Folis: Why burst it, out of curiosity?
[OOC] Kit: -1 MP
Peter|GM: Kobold Rough, the GOSSAMER. Resists Air, Fears Earth. A demihuman hunter that scavenges with long knife. Kobold society - and morality - is oriented only towards eating as much as possible. HP:65/65 MP:3/3 LP:3/3 Drive:0/4.
Kit then turns the Orb on Folis, imbuing the Driftan with Focus [q: Magnum Opus]
[OOC] Kit: So that's long Focus 1 on you Moku
Peter|GM: Kobold C lunges towards Folis, knife ready! [Setup]
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 ) for C80
Peter|GM: "You idiot," says A. "Cats are quicker than that!" [Setup] A tries instead.
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 34 ( Total: 34 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d8+8 and got 1 ( Total: 9.0 )
Peter|GM: Slashing her for 9 physical damage and Short K-Shatter II!
Peter|GM: Kobold B runs in, swinging wildly. "You got her! You got her!"
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 38 ( Total: 38 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d8+14 and got 5 ( Total: 19.0 )
Peter|GM: Slashing for 19 physical damage, boosted by Shatter.
Folis: "Ow! Jeez!"
Peter|GM: Kobold D backs off. "Me, I'd eat the bear. No accountin' for taste, right…?" […It's Repositioning, and waiting until the end of the round.]
Peter|GM: Alianor!
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Echo [or Kat I suppose], neither of you haave a great need for Lucky, do you?
[OOC] Echo: not for this round at least
[OOC] Kit: Not really, Kat won't be acting this round anyways
Alianor smirks and opens up by firing off at all four Kobolds! [OD: Desperado - https://youtu.be/Wwohhs3LvRQ ]
Alianor rolled 4d100 and got 66, 16, 75, 39 ( Total: 196 ) for 80/10
Alianor rolled 1d8+8 and got 6 ( Total: 14.0 )
Peter|GM: "Hreeeee-taaaaaaaaaaa!" [14] [14] [14] [14]!
Alianor then lines up at D [Lock On] before before firing a burst at it! [Semi-Auto, C-Rush]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for 80/30
Alianor rolled 1d8+12 and got 2 ( Total: 14.0 )
Peter|GM: Boosted by Shatter actually vs. B, who took 22!
Alianor rolled 1d8 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for right Lock On is an extra die
[OOC] Peter|GM: 13 with Semi-Auto looks like a crit to me
Alianor rolled 1d8 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for …right I forgot the second die
[OOC] Peter|GM: For a total of… 19?
[OOC] Alianor: Yeah
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Peter|GM: D ducks for cover as the shots rip through it.
Peter|GM: "They've got GUNS!"
Peter|GM: "Humans… have… guns! Learn this stuff, buddy!"
Peter|GM: "Why don't WE have guns?"
Peter|GM: "'cause you haven't killed a human yet…!"
Alianor: "If you even think any of you are going to be touching Priscilla with your filthy hands, I'll give you a bullet with your name on it!"
Peter|GM: "FAIR TRADE! YE-TAAAAAAAAAAAAA! GUT THE HUMAN!"
Le Masked Buccaneer watches the kobolds move, gauging their speed and pattern. "And now you never will." He suddenly lunges for Kobold C, knee slamming into the softest, Rattest part of the kobold he can find, as he attempts to hurl it to the ground and skewer it
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Piledriver Kobold C)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 6 ( Total: 6 ) for CoS 70
Peter|GM: It's a hit - or one LP for a critical -
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Annnd I'll make that a crit)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 2d6+12 and got 6, 1 ( Total: 19.0 )
Peter|GM: The kobold rolls and thashes as it's flung down and it tries vainly to parry the fall of Santiago's sword.
Peter|GM: It fails. 19! - But scurries away.
Peter|GM: Echo!
Echo calls up a few random spirits and crashes them into the front rank of the kobolds in a confusing mess! [Jamming Wave - C Earth] Short Shock II and Long Challenge to the front row, and Echo Quickens 1!
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
Peter|GM: Kobold D pulls a leather packet out from its cloak, bites it open - "Don't falter! If you die, I'm next!" - and hurls it at Kobold C.
Peter|GM: It explodes into a cloud of glimmering dust. [Drug Powder]
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 81 ( Total: 81 ) for C100/25
Peter|GM rolled 1d8+20 and got 3 ( Total: 23.0 )
Peter|GM: Kobold C breathes deep and - it shakes, and shudders, and a light blazes from its eyes. [+28 HP & Long K-Power II!]
Peter|GM: "YETAAAAAAAAAAA!"
Peter|GM: "That's what I wanted to hear."
Peter|GM: Round Two - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis: "So that's how it is, huh? Thanks!" She dashes by, let's say Kobold C, and with a quick flash of her claws, she snatches away one of those leather packets. [Thief]
Peter|GM: "H…hey!" It pats its cloak desperately. It's all gone!
[OOC] Peter|GM: Yoinked 'Drug Powder'.
Folis then gets back among her allies, and lets forth a freezing blast toward Kobold D! [Frozen Rose]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 67 ( Total: 67 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Folis rolled 1d8+10 and got 8 ( Total: 18.0 )
Peter|GM: 18! Kit!
Kit saunters up to Folis, taps her on the leg softly with her staff, and says "Mend" [Reconstruct]
Kit rolled 1d100 and got 39 ( Total: 39 )
[OOC] Kit: Gonna LP to burst that too
Kit rolled 1d10+13 and got 8 ( Total: 21.0 )
Peter|GM: Healed! Santiago!
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Anyone need Lucky? Any Momentum people want?
[OOC] Peter|GM: Alianor will always be happy to have Lucky when she has ammo left, at the least
[OOC] Alianor: This is very true
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: OK!
Le Masked Buccaneer charges Kobold C again. "This will avail you not at all! Your mislived life will end just as quickly!" He launches a kick towards its shell, and sends his green blade's edges towards…a lizardy part, this point. "Alianor! Put these beasts down!"
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Fighting spirit!
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 ) for COS 80
Le Masked Buccaneer: (PFFFF 2 lp to hit)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+8 and got 3 ( Total: 11.0 )
Peter|GM: With strange strength, it holds strong, hissing and chittering - until Santiago pushes through, striking for 11!
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Lucky and Focused on Alianor
Peter|GM: Kobold A swings in for the [Setup] on Echo!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 11 ( Total: 11 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d8+8 and got 1 ( Total: 9.0 )
Peter|GM: Striking for 9 physical damage and Short K-Shatter II!
Peter|GM: Kobold B follows up with a chop to the bear!
Echo blocks some of that. [-8]
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 18 ( Total: 18 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled d8+14 and got 1 ( Total: 15.0 )
Peter|GM: Striking for 15 physical damage!
Echo weathers that as well. [-10]
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Alianor hits a few dials [Lightning in a Bottle], lighting up D with a red light before firing! [Laser Sighted]
Alianor rolled 1d100-15 and got 9 ( Total: -6.0 ) for 100/30
Alianor rolled 3d8+14 and got 3, 6, 8 ( Total: 31.0 )
Peter|GM: 31! It's slain!
Peter|GM: Echo!
Echo calls up an earth spirit to shield Folis! [Aegis - Bubble (10)]
Folis: "Handy, thanks!"
Echo then strikes at Rough C with his club! [Iron Driver]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 67 ( Total: 67 )
Echo rolled d6+12 and got 5 ( Total: 17.0 ) for Bubble (10) on self
Peter|GM: 17!
Peter|GM: The Kobold weaves and stabs Echo back!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 59 ( Total: 59 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled d8+20 and got 5 ( Total: 25.0 ) for Boosted by Shatter and K-Power
Peter|GM: For 25 physical damage!
Echo blocks! [-10, -10 Bubble]
Peter|GM: Kat!
Kat dives in under Kobold C's feet, and stabs up into it's underbelly! [Slam Punch]
Kit rolled 1d100 and got 7 ( Total: 7 )
Peter|GM: Wham!
[OOC] Kit: If I LP, would that crit?
[OOC] Peter|GM: Yes! Adding +4 damage and one die.
[OOC] Kit: Done!
Kit rolled 2d6+10 and got 4, 1 ( Total: 15.0 )
Peter|GM: It's a critical strike! 15!
Peter|GM: Round Three - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis whirls her staff around, one end igniting - which she jabs right into Rough C! [Phoenix Tail]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 15 ( Total: 15 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM: It's a burst!
Folis rolled 2d6+10+3 and got 3, 3 ( Total: 19.0 )
Peter|GM: 19! It's slain!
Peter|GM: Kit!
Folis: "… No weaknesses save brute force?"
Folis: "I find myself disappointed."
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Momentum?
Kit moves in behind Echo, and with a tap of the staff, and another spoken "Mend" , the doll heals the bear [Reconstruct]
Kit rolled 1d100 and got 18 ( Total: 18 )
[OOC] Folis: Added
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Kit rolled 1d10+13 and got 8 ( Total: 21.0 )
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Think we got this in hand or should I throw out another Fighting Spirit to Alianor?
[OOC] Peter|GM: Follow your heart!
Le Masked Buccaneer charges Kobold B, sword dragging sparks of flame away from Folis and Kobold C as he strikes. "We've been too long at this already! Fall and be forgotten, hungry things."
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Fighting Spirit vs Kobold B, C-C-C-ombo with Fire)
Le Masked Buccaneer: )
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 93 ( Total: 93 ) for COS 80
Le Masked Buccaneer: (:| TWO LP))
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+14 and got 6 ( Total: 20.0 )
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Lucky and Focused on Alianor
Peter|GM: Kobold A doubles back to the camp, picks up a satchel of knives and just - it just starts..
[OOC] Peter|GM: OD - Knife Throw - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9pDjBOwtYw
Peter|GM: Throwing them everywhere!
Peter|GM: Just… overhand! Up into the air! This way and that!
Peter|GM: Going plunk, plunk, plunk into the water!
Peter|GM: "YE-TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
Peter|GM rolled 6d100 and got 98, 50, 67, 91, 56, 29 ( Total: 391 ) for Kit Folis Echo Santiago Alianor Kat 50
Peter|GM rolled d8+2 and got 3 ( Total: 5.0 )
Peter|GM: Hitting Folis and Kat for 5 physical damage after Challenge and Long Taunt I!
Folis: "Doink." [Bubble reduces damage to 1]
Peter|GM: The Rough stops and catches its breath and -
Peter|GM: B asks it "Hey, do you have any of the…"
Peter|GM: "Huff… huff… Yeah, sure." [Drug Powder]
Peter|GM rolled d8+20 and got 5 ( Total: 25.0 )
Peter|GM: It tosses it to B, where it explodes in a cloud, healing 25 HP and granting Long K-Power II!
Folis: "You guys are basically done, come on."
Peter|GM: The Rough stabs Echo!
Peter|GM rolled d100 and got 53 ( Total: 53 ) for 80
Peter|GM rolled d8+14 and got 5 ( Total: 19.0 )
Peter|GM: Striking for 19 physical!
Echo staggers as the blade slips past his shield.
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Alianor fires a large metal shard into Rough B! [Magnetic Stake]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 80 ( Total: 80 ) for 100/30
Alianor rolled 1d8+8 and got 6 ( Total: 14.0 ) for Slow 1
Peter|GM: Echo!
Peter|GM: 14!
Echo takes a deep breath, making sure his stance is proper. [Defend, Quicken 1, +10 HP, refreshes shield blocks]
Peter|GM: Kat!
Kit rushes over Rough B, and gives him a roughing up! [Slam Punch]
Kit rolled 1d100 and got 41 ( Total: 41 )
Kit rolled 1d6+6 and got 3 ( Total: 9.0 )
Peter|GM: 9!
Peter|GM: Kat gets hit by a flying knife. [Punished by Taunt, -6 HP.]
[OOC] Kit: Oh right, it was A that did that, oops!
Peter|GM: Round Four - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis: "You folk really aren't going to cooperate, then? Fine." She snaps her fingers, and an aura of flames surrounds her! [Release: Phoenix Tail] She slams her staff into Rough A! [Witch Mode: Phoenix Tail]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 23 ( Total: 23 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM: It's a burst!
Folis rolled 2d10+14+4+3 and got 4, 8 ( Total: 33.0 )
Peter|GM: 33!
Peter|GM: Kit!
Folis: "Hm… I'm afraid this might not be as good a show."
Kit: "I'm with my mistress on that, Kat, get 'em!" and Kit quickly tinkers with something on Kat [Program install, C-Fire, Switching out Hex Lock for Cluster Bomb]
Kit rolled 1d100 and got 74 ( Total: 74 ) for And Kat now also has Kinetic, Element and Heal Power II!
Peter|GM: Santiago!
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: If I quick switch with alianor, both of us would act before the kobolds, correct?
[OOC] Alianor: I'm just defending to reload
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: This turn, I mean, next I'd obviously be after
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Oh! Nevermind, then
Le Masked Buccaneer strikes for Kobold A, silent this time.
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: regular attack
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 21 ( Total: 21 ) for cos 80
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+8 and got 4 ( Total: 12.0 )
Le Masked Buccaneer: (done!))
Peter|GM: 12!
Peter|GM: And the Kobold, cornered, slices at Echo…!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 69 ( Total: 69 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled d8+8 and got 7 ( Total: 15.0 )
Peter|GM: Striking for 15.
Echo blocks most of it. [-10]
Peter|GM: Alianor (who, I think, defends-)
Peter|GM: and Echo!
Alianor takes some time reloading and cooling down Priscilla. [Defend, Quickens 1]
Echo smashes his club into Rough B with a great burst of lightning! [Volt Buster]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 12 ( Total: 12 )
Peter|GM: Strikes true!
Echo rolled d6+16 and got 1 ( Total: 17.0 ) for Long Shock II from C Air+1
Peter|GM: 17!
Peter|GM: The Kobold slices at Echo!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100+30 and got 56 ( Total: 86.0 )
Peter|GM: But misses!
Peter|GM: Kat!
Kat, now empowered, spins around, and builds a flame at the tip of his saber, and when he stops, taps the flame onto the ground, before diving away!, Kit says "Hit the fire, so it explodes!" [Cluster Bomb down in front row with the Kobolds, and C-Launching it for +5 on the explosions 1d10+10]
[OOC] Kit: err, guess it'd actually be 1d10+21 in total, after the E-Power II as well
[OOC] Peter|GM: Yup!
Peter|GM: Round Five - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Peter|GM: The Cluster Bomb has 20HP.
Folis: "What a pain! I guess I'm just going to have to finish you off the old fashioned way!" In a flash of speed, Folis darts forward with a blur of a staff-swipe that sweeps Rough A's legs, which she follows with a brutal body blow, knocking the wind out of them! [Overdrive: Spinkick - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhuaUHUk9Zs]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 7 ( Total: 7 ) for 80/0
Folis spends an LP to crit, why not.
Folis rolled 2d6+10 and got 5, 5 ( Total: 20.0 )
[OOC] Kit: Should've hit the bomb!
[OOC] Alianor: ^
Peter|GM: 20! It's slain!
[OOC] Folis: I can't change my target AFTER ROLLING.
[OOC] Folis: though, I get it now
Folis calls up a whirl of flame, then slams her staff into Rough B! [Witch Mode: Phoenix Tail]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 37 ( Total: 37 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM: Hits!
Folis rolled 2d10+14 and got 5, 7 ( Total: 26.0 )
Peter|GM: 26! It's slain!
Folis: "Hmph!"
Kit blinks "Or, that works too, sorry Kat"
Peter|GM: THE COAST IS CLEAR. All threats have been eliminated. Got +3 EXP.
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Curse you kobolds! 2 short.
Peter|GM: The smoke is still rising from their hastily buried campground.
Folis starts searching about, seeing if there's anything worth salvaging.
Alianor: "Hmph, serves them right."
Peter|GM: They covered a wooden chest in cut grasses to try and hide it. Inside is… 75G, and a few worthless goods and trinkets.
Peter|GM: There's a few pots nearby of foul-smelling reagents. Maybe their medicine is made from it?
Le Masked Buccaneer: "A fractious lot."
Folis: "Some gold, some weird smelling shit that alchemists might be interested in. Maybe."
Kit: "Well, at least the gold will be useful"
Folis: "Five of us, right? 15G each."
Folis starts divvying out coinage.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Not even enough for the sanctuary. Ah, well."
Folis: "I still got some of that medicine they were using, if I could even call it that."
Folis: "Probably has a real hard crash when it's over."
The dolls shrug
Peter|GM: The village shouldn't be too far ahead after this.
Folis keeps pressing onward.
Le Masked Buccaneer shoulders his sword and follows. He's not scratched, for once!
Peter|GM: There's a small wooden bridge running over the waters between one of the final islands to the shore.
Peter|GM: There, a small cove, and a fishing village, on stilts above the water.
Peter|GM: Smokepits are dug just on the outskirts, being prepared by villagers dressed in water-soaked cloth as they stir the fire to readiness for the coming catch.
Peter|GM: A loose trail runs along the coast to it, to a larger building marked with the sign for an inn.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Ahhh! GREETINGS!"
Folis: "Hello, friends!"
Peter|GM: A man holding a spear, his hair long and bound in a single braid, turns away from his post to wave.
Kit: "Hiiiii!"
Peter|GM: "Greetings…!" And then, he laughs.
Peter|GM: "You're all soaked. You trudge in from the towers?" And beckons you over.
The dolls look at themselves in worry!
Alianor: "Unfortunately, yes."
Peter|GM: (Well, the dolls are fine.)
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Indeed! AND BEYOND for there was quite a lot of swimming involved."
Folis: "That's pretty much it!"
Folis: "I've probably done the most swimming out of all these folks."
Peter|GM: Another laugh. "C'mon in, c'mon in, we'll seat you at the inn. Name's Capan."
Echo: "Echo. It's a nice village."
Peter|GM: He calls out to the others as he heads into the village - "Showing these folks in!" "Who the heck are they?" "Heck if I know. Shipwreck?" "You better find out, Capan…!"
Peter|GM: The inn is a round building, organized around the central hearth. A catwalk-ring is built up around the high roof, forming a sort of loft-second-storey, lined with bunks.
Folis: "Wow, this is all really cozy looking."
Kit: "Not shipwrecked… Marooned?"
Peter|GM: An ox-hundred is sweeping up. Capan waves to her. "Patience, you've got guests."
Peter|GM: She looks up. "More guests? Better mannered than the Imperial, I hope-" she pauses when she sees Echo. "- Hmm, he's clanned. Well, the manners aren't in question."
Peter|GM: Capan looks between Echo and Patience, the ox-Hundred.
Echo chuckles.
Folis: "It's a long story."
Peter|GM: "Seat yourself for now," Patience says, gesturing, with broom, towards woven grass mats.
Echo sets his shield and club carefully to the side before taking a seat.
Peter|GM: "Capan, go find the Imperial patrol. I don't want them walking in on us," she tells him.
Folis briefly takes a moment outside to wring out her tail, then goes to sit, letting out a puff of breath.
Peter|GM: And there Capan goes.
Peter|GM: He pauses in the doorway - "What do I tell them?" "Oh, bother them about our kobold problem, will ya. They're their responsibility now, at least."
Peter|GM: - And then, he's gone.
Folis: "So I gotta ask right off. What's the deal with the Imperials here?"
Le Masked Buccaneer carefully puts his (now sheathed) sword aside, and sits down, attentively waiting for the answer to Folis's question
Kit looks around as she seats herself on a mat, Kat joining her quietly, the two also listening for the answer
Alianor goes and sets her pack down by Echo's eqiupment before taking a seat, though Priscilla's still at hand - whether she actually needs to do the maintenance to it is anyone's guess.
Peter|GM: "Well, we're on Ecafan land, technically. Well, we paid them a tax, and could bring any dispute that went to blood up to their court."
Folis: "Whose blood?"
Folis snorts ill-temperedly.
Peter|GM: Patience rubs her horn, thinking. "Oh, y'know. Someone gets drunk and goes swinging, or a spat over fishing ground goes up to thrown spears, usually. Well. Do remember a few times it got worse."
Peter|GM: "But if we needed law, the city was there, I suppose."
Peter|GM: "Anyway, ever since the Imperials stormed in, we've been hearing a lot more about Ecafa. There's, hm… one of their houses that was extinguished, a noble family or somethin'?"
Folis: "(For now.)"
Peter|GM: "The occupyin' force reinstated em and put them in charge."
Folis: "Fun."
Peter|GM: "They've been prosecuting another family since then. All up and down the geneology lines."
Le Masked Buccaneer turns around in his chair.
Peter|GM: "Executions, even."
Le Masked Buccaneer leans forward intently.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Could you perhaps name the houses?"
Peter|GM: "House Rivorando has been reinstated,"
Peter|GM: "And the Sevilles are being hunted."
Alianor: "Sounds to me like someone's bringing back old feuds now that they've got Imperial support, or something like that."
Peter|GM: Patience laughs humorlessly. "More or less."
Folis grooooooooooans.
Le Masked Buccaneer sighs.
Folis: "It never eeeeeeeeeeeeends."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "I don't suppose you have any fresh oranges?"
Folis: "Or a stiff drink."
Peter|GM: Patience walks over to a straw barrel, plucks an orange out of it.
Peter|GM: "Sir Masked Buccanneer,"
Peter|GM: "Catch."
Le Masked Buccaneer catches it in gauntleted fingers. "Ah! My reputation proceeds me?"
Peter|GM: "Well, that's a reputation's job."
Peter|GM: "You got a lot of people out of Ecafa, didn't you? And now you're back." She sits down on a mat by the lot of you.
Folis: "So, do we have friends here, then?"
Peter|GM: The Ox-Hundred looks at Folis, for a moment. And then, at Santiago.
Le Masked Buccaneer: He pulls a small knife from his belt, and carefully carves the orange. "Just so. As many as my sweet Retidão could carry, and then some more."
Peter|GM: "It's a good thing what you did. But they'll burn your house down if your grandfather helped a Seville across the street, these days."
Peter|GM: The fragrance from the peel, as the knife parts it - it's home.
Peter|GM: "If the Imperials find you in this village…"
Peter|GM: She pauses.
Folis: "Pah."
Peter|GM: "Promise me you won't leave a single one alive."
Folis: "That's the general idea, isn't it?"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Ahhh…" He holds the orange, pulled open like a flower. "Such a promise I would be a cad not to grant. Where do they billet?"
Kit: "Wasn't planning too, at least"
Folis: "… What, they got a bunk here?"
Peter|GM: "They do. Where else would you stay?"
Folis: "Then I got a real low-down, sick idea, like."
Folis: "Do we still have that weapon, friends?"
Folis: "That particular rifle."
Alianor: "That's still at base camp last I knew, anyway."
Peter|GM: Patience gets back up to sweep, feigning a plausible deniability of what plans get made.
Folis: "… Well, shit."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "I have a simpler plan."
Folis: "What's that?"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "I'm going to walk out there, call them motherless dogs, and we are going to kill them."
Folis: "Oh, that's…"
Folis: "Far safer than using poison…"
Folis: "… honestly, I feel a little sick for having thought of it in the first place."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "We all have our weaker moments, my dear Folis."
Le Masked Buccaneer stands.
Le Masked Buccaneer has already eaten the orange. Did his mask ever come off?
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Now, my friends, shall we go outside?"
Folis: "Yeah, sure."
Echo picks up his gear, then looks at the innkeeper. "We'll try not to make a mess."
Folis: "Ashes aren't that hard to clear out, I don't think."
Alianor stands up and stretches, fetching her jacket out of her pack first. "A simple enough plan, indeed."
Kit: "… Wouldn't that just bring the Imperials down on the Village though, I mean, after the patrol doesn't report in?"
Echo shrugs. "They never made it back to town."
Kit: "All for messing up their day, but I don't want to see the village come to harm for it"
Kit: Oh, ok then! "
[OOC] Kit: +"
Le Masked Buccaneer picks up his sword. "They can't very well blame a village for the Masked Buccaneer sweeping in, can they?"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "After all. That's what a reputation is for."
Echo: "I was going to blame the kobolds, but…"
Peter|GM: "I have a broom, my clanned friend. Messes can be cleaned up." Patience says.
Echo: "Fair enough."
Peter|GM: "Capan should be stalling them out on robber's road, that way-" She points to the trail out of town.
Peter|GM: "Good luck."
Folis: "I mean."
Folis: "If luck is with us… then we'd basically be robbing them when we're done…"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Be well. If anyone asks, I was twice as tall and three times as terrifying."
Folis: "Providence is weird like that."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "That it is."
Le Masked Buccaneer changes his walk on his way out. This is not Adventuerer-Dungeoneering-gait any longer! This is Black-Sails-On-The-Horizon-Walking.
Folis wonders if Bucc is secretly an Exalt.
Peter|GM: Who could say?
Peter|GM: Out on the Robber's Road, Capan is arguing with the patrol.
Kit follows along, trying to keep a low profile…
Peter|GM: They're five strong, in Imperial black-and-red. Two of them as armored as Echo is, with heavy shields strapped to their shoulder, carrying axes.
Peter|GM: The other three are carrying rifles.
Le Masked Buccaneer pauses as they come into view. He turns to the others. "Might I make the introductions?" He speaks softly, so that the Imperials will not hear them yet.
Echo nods.
Folis: "(Go for it.)"
Le Masked Buccaneer walks to the center of the road. He clears his throat. He draws his sword. His armor shines, as it does on proper occasions, and Victorieuse gleams in ancient green. "MOTHERLESS DOGS! BEASTS OF THE EMPIRE! THROW YOURSELF UPON THE GROUND AND CRY MERCY, OR I SHALL MURDER YOU WHERE YOU STAND, BURY YOU ALL IN NAMELESS GRAVES, AND TAKE ALL THAT YOU OWN IN THE NAME OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF BLACK SAILS AND
Le Masked Buccaneer ENDLESS, BLOODY REVOLUTION AGAINST YOUR UNHOLY STATE "
Folis rolls her eyes. But… well, she shouldn't really be saying anything, really.
Peter|GM: The patrol scramble to arms as Capan slips away!
Peter|GM: …Santiago enters [High Tide]!
Le Masked Buccaneer: "TO THE DEATH, THEN!"
Peter|GM: It's a fight!
Peter|GM: Santiago and Alianor gain drive!
Peter|GM: Folis may Quicken!
Peter|GM: Round One - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis leaps to the front!
Peter|GM: The Robber's Road is a coastal highway, ancient in construction, its bleached-yellow stones and waymarks dating to ancient Ecafa.
Folis: "This is for Fonvonne, you murderous bastards!" She snaps her fingers, and sparks of energy burst around her! [Release: Meteor Dreamline] She forms a savage-looking javelin from crackling air manna, and sends it hurtling into the Imperial's ranks! [Witch Mode: Meteor Dreamline - targeting Guard A and Rifle C]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness!
[OOC] Folis: -1 LP to Burst
Folis rolled 1d8+16+3+5 and got 8 ( Total: 32.0 )
Peter|GM: 32! 32!
Peter|GM: Kit!
Peter|GM: The javelin arcs through them, sending them scattering.
Peter|GM: "It's him! Give battle!"
Folis: "Oh, a battle, is it?"
Folis looks over briefly fo the Buccaneer.
Folis: "I think you're in for more than just a battle, mate."
Folis: "Get ready for obliteration!"
Kit fusses with Kat for a moment, showing intense focus [Q: Magnum Opus] then brushes her hands off as she looks up at the Imperials. "You've taken enough from the people, now pay your dues!" [Program Install, switching Slam Punch for PhiloCannon]
Peter|GM: "Obliteration, is it? Someone trim her damn tongue!"
Peter|GM: Installed!
Kit rolled 1d100 and got 15 ( Total: 15 ) for burst?
Folis: "Oh, you have no idea…"
Peter|GM: Rifle C trains a shot at Kit. [Crackshot]
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 14 ( Total: 14 ) for C90
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+18 and got 1 ( Total: 19.0 )
Peter|GM: Hitting for 19 physical damage and Slow 1!
Peter|GM: Rifle A lines up a shot on Folis… and fires! [Crackshot]
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 60 ( Total: 60 ) for C90
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+18 and got 4 ( Total: 22.0 )
Peter|GM: Hitting for 22 physical damage and Slow 1!
Peter|GM: Rifleman B reaches into his coat and produces a grenade. He pulls the tab and hurls it into the front ranks… and it explodes!
Folis: "Grr…! You'll regret that…"
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 29 ( Total: 29 )
Peter|GM: A wave of fire true-strikes Kat, Echo and Folis for 8 fire, and inflicts Short Burning II!
Peter|GM: Guards A and B charge, shoulders forward, smashing through the party ranks! [Heavy Shoulder]. Guard A targets Santiago and Kit!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 17, 58 ( Total: 75 ) for 80
Peter|GM rolled 1d12+10 and got 4 ( Total: 14.0 )
Folis: "Hey Alia I'm really sorry but I'm gonna have to make you super angry for this fight! Trust me on this!"
Peter|GM: It pushes the dying flame forward [C-Fire], striking Santiago and Kit for 14 fire damage and inflicting Long Challenge I!
Peter|GM: Guard B targets Echo and Alianor!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 1, 57 ( Total: 58 ) for 80
Peter|GM rolled 1d12+20 and got 5 ( Total: 25.0 )
Alianor: "…I don't like the sound of that."
Le Masked Buccaneer: (FIRE?!)
Peter|GM: (F I R E )
Peter|GM: It crashes through Echo and Alianor for 25 physical damage and Long Challenge I, and tosses them aside. "There's your shot! Get them!" [C-Pin]. The Riflemen follow up, shooting them as they're tossed aside, inflicting Long K-Shatter I, too.
Peter|GM: Echo! You're on fire!
Peter|GM: Oh, and -
Peter|GM: The Guards get back into position. They gain Bubble(10).
[OOC] Peter|GM: Heavy Shield - They gain bubbles after acting.
Echo blocks most of the flames and blow. [-7, -20]
Echo calls up an earth spirit to protect Kit. [Aegis - Bubble (10)]
Echo then takes up a defensive posture. [+10 HP, Quicken 1, refresh shield, generates Earth momentum]
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Le Masked Buccaneer leaps forward, skipping off the stones of the highway and landing atop the shield of the Guard that had slammed into him. "Not enough! Not today, not tomorrow, not any day; I'd send you to a watery grave if I had the boat, but the earth's grip it will be!" He stabs hard, riding the blow down as he comes down past the shield's guard.
Le Masked Buccaneer: (PIledriver, Guard A, C-combo! with that Earth)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 15 ( Total: 15 ) for cos 80
[OOC] Alianor: Wait, I'm wanting that C-Earth…
[OOC] Kit: Yeah, it's spoken for man
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: My bad!
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: No cccombo then!
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+8 and got 3 ( Total: 11 )
Peter|GM: He's thrown to the stones for a moment, taking - just (Pop)[1]!
Peter|GM: Initiatives are swapped!
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Alianor takes aim at the Guard B that rammed into her moments ago [Lock On] before firing a large metal shard at him, sending a shockwave through the enemy formation! [Magnetic Stake, C-Earth]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 61 ( Total: 61 ) for 80/10
Alianor rolled 1d8+8 and got 4 ( Total: 12.0 ) for Slow 2 for Guard B, Slow 1 for the other enemies
Peter|GM: (Pop)[2]!
Alianor rolled 1d8 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for I keep forgetting Lock On's extra die
Peter|GM: …3!
Peter|GM: Shockwave slows the enemies!
Peter|GM: Kat!
Kit lifts his saber, and swipes down, blasting off a bolt of lightning at Guard A [PhiloCannon, C-Air+1!]
Kit rolled 1d100 and got 55 ( Total: 55 )
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness!
Kit rolled 1d6+16 and got 1 ( Total: 17.0 )
Peter|GM: 17 and Long Shock I!
[OOC] Kit: Also that, yes, thanks
Peter|GM: Round Two - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Kit: I will also be ODing on round 3
[OOC] Kit: OOPS, DIDN'T SEE THE CHANNEL I WAS IN
Folis had already put out the fire by now. She makes a little hole in that packet she stole earlier and throws it at Alianor. Biff! [Thief: Powder Drug]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 ) for 100/25
[OOC] Folis: Uh… is that still a success
Peter|GM: Yes!
Folis rolled 1d8+20 and got 6 ( Total: 26.0 ) for HP recovery and Long K-Power II
Peter|GM: A cloud of powder sparkles around Alianor, restoring 26 HP and granting Long K-Power II!
Folis: "And now, for my next trick…!"
Alianor shakes her head, coughing. "Oooooh, that's a bit of a rush…"
Peter|GM: Rifleman C lines up a [Crackshot] on Alianor!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 14 ( Total: 14 ) for C90
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+21 and got 4 ( Total: 25.0 )
Peter|GM: Shooting her for 25 physical damage and Slow 1!
Peter|GM: Kit!
Kit gives herself a quick "Mend" , something she's never had to do before! [Reconstruct]
Kit rolled 1d100 and got 8 ( Total: 8 )
Kit rolled 1d10+13 and got 9 ( Total: 22.0 )
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Folis! Get ready on my mark! Echo, stand firm! Alianor-" Santiago pauses to duck around the Guard and bash him in the face with the hilt of his sword before slicing down across the Imperial's torso. "Don't let the Kobold confection go to your head!"
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Double switch! Init with Folis, giving 2 drive to Echo! Pacesetter, boost going to Alianor, comboing with that Recovery+1
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 97 ( Total: 97 ) for cos 80
Folis: "Ready and waitin'!"
Le Masked Buccaneer: ( :| I MISS MY BATON)
Le Masked Buccaneer: (spending that LP)
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Down to 1))
Peter|GM: It's a hit! Damage boosted by the powder-cloud!
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+14 and got 1 ( Total: 15.0 ) for Clearing Taunted off of me via sword power yay combo
Peter|GM: 15!
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Wait if that was the +1 is it +4 more?)
[OOC] Alianor: Combo bonus adds flat potency, not multiple combo effects, so Air+1 just adds one extra damage on top of the +4 from being a C-Air combo
Peter|GM: (There's a +4 damage bonus from the recovery combo, and a +1 damage bonus from using a +1 momentum.))
Peter|GM: Both riflers shoot Alianor!
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: so another +1)
Peter|GM: 16, then!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 75, 14 ( Total: 89 ) for C90
Peter|GM rolled 2#1d10+15(1) and got 3 ( Total: 18.0 )
Also rolled 2#1d10+15(2) and got 6 [Total: 21.0 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 39.0, Avg: 4.50
Peter|GM: Hitting her for 18 and 21 physical damage, boosted by Shatter!
[OOC] Alianor: Going to -2 LP the first one
Peter|GM: It misses!
Peter|GM: Echo!
Echo calls up earth spirits to protect the party! [OD: Force Field - https://youtu.be/Uw9l_vrglxI - Barrier (8) for Echo and the party]
Peter|GM: Barrier is bestowed!
Peter|GM: Wispy phantom-light rises up from the ancient seams in the Robber's Road.
Echo then charges towards Imperial Guard B, club crackling with lightning! [Volt Buster]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 92 ( Total: 92 )
[OOC] Echo: -2 LP
Peter|GM: The sky darkens with the illusion of an aurora.
Peter|GM: Hits!
Echo rolled d6+8+4+3+10 and got 2 ( Total: 27.0 ) for Short Shock I, Mace/defended last turn/C Rush +4
Peter|GM: Smashes for a tremendous 27!
Peter|GM: He spits up a mouthful of blood and picks himself up off the ground, advancing with his maul - but shaken!
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Alianor seems to be chuckling to herself as she starts lighting up all of the Imperials! [OD: Desperado - https://youtu.be/Wwohhs3LvRQ ]
Alianor rolled 5d100 and got 82, 23, 10, 67, 72 ( Total: 254 ) for 80/10
[OOC] Alianor: -1 LP to hit the first target
Peter|GM: Hit, hit, crit, hit, hit!
Alianor rolled 1d8+8 and got 6 ( Total: 14.0 ) for 1st roll factors in K-Power and the minus from Challenge, second is bonus Crit damage for the 10 roll, 3rd is extra damage to Guard B from Lock On and is also adding back the Challanged reduction
Also rolled 1d8+4 and got 6 [Total: 10.0 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 1d8+6 and got 7 [Total: 13.0 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 37.0, Avg: 6.33
[OOC] Alianor: Also all of them are Slowed 1!
Peter|GM: 14 14 24 14 27!
Folis: "Hehehehehe…!"
Alianor follows up with a burst on Guard B! "Diediediediedie!" [Semi-Auto, C-Rush]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 27 ( Total: 27 ) for 80/30
Alianor rolled 3d8+14 and got 4, 5, 6 ( Total: 29.0 )
Echo thinks his new companions may be more bloodthirsty than he thought.
Peter|GM: 29!
Peter|GM: Is Alianor… frothing…?
Folis: "Uh…"
Folis: "Well, I think I owe Alia a major favor later on…"
Le Masked Buccaneer can't judge. He did start this fight, after all!
Peter|GM: The guardsmen close in on Folis and Echo, adjusting their hammers, which start to glow - [Blast Hammer]!
Kit: "May not have been a good idea to give her those drugs Mistress"
Peter|GM rolled 2#1d100+15(1) and got 83 ( Total: 98.0 ) for C80
Also rolled 2#1d100+15(2) and got 39 [Total: 54.0 (Low), Avg: 39.00]
Total: 152.0, Avg: 61.00
Peter|GM rolled 1d12+14 and got 7 ( Total: 21.0 )
Peter|GM: Hitting Echo for 21 physical damage and Slow 4!
[OOC] Alianor: You skipped Kat
Peter|GM: Oh, sorry.
Peter|GM: Kat!
Folis: "Urgh! Quit CRAMPING my STYLE!"
Echo blocks some of it. [-10, -8 barrier]
[OOC] Folis: Did you slow 4 me yet?
[OOC] Peter|GM: Nah, waiting on Kat to apply the effects of that action.
Kat gathers in more fire essense, before tossing it into the back row, knowing that his sister will get things all set up for it to be shot! [Cluster Bomb, C-Launch!]
Peter|GM: Got it!
Peter|GM: Oh, and the hammer missed Folis, too. Only Echo is slowed.
Peter|GM: Guards gain Bubble(10)!
Peter|GM: Round Three - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Folis: "This barrier buggery is super irritating."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "You are on the edge of the revelation: You sealed your own fates the day you took up arms in the bloody enterprise of your Empire! Now, feast upon what rewards such deeds gain you! ON THEM, MY FRIENDS!" Santiago launches himself off of one Guard's shield towards the other, armored fist smashing towards the Imperial's head…
Le Masked Buccaneer: (OVERDRIVE! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nSqs2gr4Mo IT'S GO TIME)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 11 ( Total: 11 ) for cos 100 Imperial B go tiiiime
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+8 and got 2 ( Total: 10 )
Peter|GM: Slams into the shield for (Pop)[1]!
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Everyone gets short K-Power and Short E-Power!)
Peter|GM: Including you, for your next action!
Le Masked Buccaneer: "ON THEEEEEEEM!" His blade whirls at it strikes again and again and again into the opening he's punched.
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Pacesetter against Guard B, Comboing that rush)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 9 ( Total: 9 ) for cos 80
Le Masked Buccaneer: (You know what? Let's make that a crit)
Peter|GM: It's a hit! [You've already used a Pacesetter combo this battle though, so you can't use it again.]
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Oh! I thought it was per momentum type. Derp)
Peter|GM: (NP)
Peter|GM: …It's a critical hit!
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 2d6+15 and got 4, 2 ( Total: 21 )
Peter|GM: 21!
Le Masked Buccaneer: (And will Quicken Folis)
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis darts in a blur toward Rifleman B, snatching up one of their explosives! [Quick: Steal]
Peter|GM: "H…hey!" "Fall back, it's not worth it!"
Folis then conjures forth another crackling spear of lightning, hurling it through Guard B… toward the bomb! [Witch Mode: Meteor Dreamline]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness vs. Guard B! It's a burst!
Folis rolled 1d8+16+3+3 and got 2 ( Total: 24.0 ) for +5 vs. Guard B
[OOC] Peter|GM: 29] [24]! The bomb detonates!
Peter|GM: Guard B is slain!
Folis: "Kickass."
Icecylee rolled d10+15 and got 4 ( Total: 19 ) for looks like the bombo was Launch Combo'd
Peter|GM: 22, 22, 22! Boosted by E-Power!
Peter|GM: er, 21.
Peter|GM: Kit!
Kit does whatever a muppet does when they [OD - Mircale Star] in Alianor's direction, before [Reconstuct]ing… itself!
Icecylee rolled 2d100 and got 92, 80 ( Total: 172 )
Icecylee rolled d8+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12 ) for +14 Drive to Alianor
Icecylee rolled d10+10 and got 8 ( Total: 18 )
Peter|GM: The riflemen… fall back and reload! [Defend][Reload][Drive Charge!!]
Peter|GM: Their lasersights begin dancing over the party as they line up their shot… [Warning!! Incoming 'Headshot'!]
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Alianor laughs some more as she unloads the rest of her clip at the enemies! [OD: Desperado - https://youtu.be/BywGBJDXQ0c ]
Alianor rolled 4d100 and got 98, 19, 43, 43 ( Total: 203 ) for 80/30
[OOC] Alianor: -2 LP to hit the first one
Peter|GM: Hit Crit Hit Hit!
Alianor rolled 1d8+16 and got 4 ( Total: 20.0 ) for normal and crit damage, no longer being challenged
Also rolled 1d8+6 and got 1 [Total: 7.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 27.0, Avg: 2.50
Folis: "… I've made a horrible mistake…"
[OOC] Peter|GM: 15] [22] [15] [20]! Riflemen are defending!
Peter|GM: Rifleman C is slain!
Alianor then… seems to calm down some as she starts venting and reloading Priscilla. [Defend]
Le Masked Buccaneer: "No, no, she's fine!"
[OOC] Alianor: Also Q: Lightning in a Bottle]
Peter|GM: Kat!
Kat shoots Rifle B with a [Philsophy Cannon]
Icecylee rolled d100 and got 89 ( Total: 89 )
Icecylee rolled d6+7 and got 3 ( Total: 10 ) for air damage
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness of a defending target for 10!
Peter|GM: Echo!
[OOC] Alianor: Oh right all the enemies were Slow 1'd again
[OOC] Peter|GM: ty
Echo calls up a fire spirit before swing his hammer in the direction of Rifleman B! [Q: Mystic's Beads, Iron Driver, C Fire to ignore row restrictions]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 20 ( Total: 20 )
Echo rolled d6+8+4 and got 2 ( Total: 14.0 ) for C Fire
Peter|GM: 14! It's slain!
Peter|GM: He's slain, I mean.
Peter|GM: Guard A gives Folis a swing of the [Blast Hammer]!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 ) for C80
Peter|GM: 1sugar 1d12+14
Peter|GM rolled 1d12+14 and got 6 ( Total: 20.0 )
Peter|GM: Smashing for 20 physical damage and Slow 4!
[OOC] Icecylee: shock tho
Folis lunges backward, narrowly dodging the blow!
Peter|GM: …Oh, right. Shock.
Peter|GM: Yup, that's a miss!
Peter|GM: The guard gains Bubble(10)!
Peter|GM: Round Four - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Folis: "Perhaps with sufficient fortune, I could drop the remaining gunner before he gets any fancy ideas…"
Le Masked Buccaneer rushes back towards the remaining guard, and launches an overhand strike. "The end comes!"
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Fighting Spirit
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 )
Le Masked Buccaneer: (SUGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR))
Le Masked Buccaneer: (wiff))
Peter|GM: He parries, fighting for his life!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis clutches the [Unquenchable Flame], focusing intently… before firing a massive beam of sparks through the remaining two Imperials! [Witch Mode: Meteor Dreamline]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM: Hits the weaknesses!
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 70 ( Total: 70 ) for 1d8+16+5+4
Folis rolled 1d8+16+5+4 and got 7 ( Total: 32.0 )
Peter|GM: (Pop)[22] [32]!
Peter|GM: Oh, wait, no - not quite. Since… still defending.
[OOC] Peter|GM: 22], [27]!
Folis: "Shit, shit shit shit shit…"
Peter|GM: Kit!
Kit… [Reconstruct]s Folis.
Icecylee rolled d100 and got 21 ( Total: 21 )
Icecylee rolled d10+13 and got 2 ( Total: 15 )
Folis: "Thanks…!"
Peter|GM: The laser sight of Rifleman A falls on Echo. He takes the shot. [OD - Headshot - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrMDbcIxmXE&list=PL30CA5500906F0A4B&index=18 ]
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 77 ( Total: 77 ) for CoS 255
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+43 and got 4 ( Total: 47.0 ) for K-Shatter
Peter|GM: …For a whopping 47 physical damage!
Le Masked Buccaneer: ow
Le Masked Buccaneer: "…Ow."
Echo manages to divert it partially with the shield! [-20]
Peter|GM: He takes a second shot!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 ) for C90
Peter|GM: But misses!
Folis: "That's a HELL of a shield…!"
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Alianor takes a few deep breaths, before firing at Guard A! [Bunker Buster]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 49 ( Total: 49 ) for 100/30
Alianor rolled 1d8+8+9 and got 8 ( Total: 25.0 )
Peter|GM: Gets the kill for 25!
Peter|GM: Kat!
Kat fires its laser!
Icecylee rolled d100 and got 99 ( Total: 99 )
Icecylee rolled d6+9 and got 1 ( Total: 10 ) for hooray for magic, and weakness.
Peter|GM: Gets the kill for 10!
Peter|GM: THE COAST IS CLEAR. The Imperial forces have been routed. Got +10 EXP.
Folis waits until the last guard drops, then sprints over to Alianor! "Alianor! Ali! Are you okay?!"
Alianor nearly collapses as she sits down on the ground, still taking deep breaths, though she's still careful of handling Priscilla. And levels a glare at Folis.
Alianor: "Never. Do that. Again."
Alianor: "…Please."
Peter|GM: Capan strolls out from the forest, spear in hand. He pokes one of the bodies with it.
Folis 's ears flit back against her head, but she remains there. "I know… if you want to hit me or something, that's fine…"
Peter|GM: "I'll lug them out to kobold territory. Let them get found there."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "If you think that's best."
Echo looks over the bodies first.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Though I do have an alternate idea."
Alianor: "That would… take too much effort. But… it did help us."
Peter|GM: Capan smiles. "And what idea is that?"
Folis: "… I owe you, Ali. Just… you get to pick, so I don't do something stupid again."
Folis: "I'm so very sorry… I just thought…"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Well, it would be a matter of little work to make it /very clear/ who did this deed."
Peter|GM: Echo: Pocket change comes up to 50G, if you're looting.
Echo is, yes.
Peter|GM: …Oh, and one of them was carrying orders.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "And, perhaps, give the Imperials someone else to chase, away from villages minding their ownbusiness."
Echo takes a careful look at the orders.
Alianor waves a hand half-heartedly. "Just… pay more attention… to what their stuff does… and how they react to it… okay?"
Folis: "Yeah… yeah…"
Alianor takes one last deep breath before asking Folis to help her to her feet, and then looks over the Imperial rifles, though she has doubts she'll be impressed by them.
Peter|GM: Ordinary arms. If anyone is down a rifle or a hammer, they could certainly loot one now.
Folis easily hauls Alianor up, lending her a shoulder of support with need be. Though, as the weapons are sorted through…
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Any chance of a pistol?
[OOC] Peter|GM: Nope! Imperials fight with long arms.
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Ah, well.
Echo: "Looks like they were to make an example of any House Seville loyalists or any other resistance forces. Also something about 'Orangefox', whatever that is…? Looking for information about that."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Hmm. Knew about the first…the second sounds a mystery!"
Folis: "I was hopin' for a smaller maul, but… I'd still be a fool to pass up free weaponry."
Folis considers, picks up one of the hammers, tests its heft. Nearly overbalances when she realizes she's not quite used to the weight yet.
Folis: "… 'll take some getting used to but I think I'll try it. No point to me using rifles when I've got magic, but I think we should take some back anyhow.
Peter|GM: Capan paces about. "Might have trouble finding buyers. They're clearly Imperial weapons."
Folis: "Well, we got marooned here, I mean we could use the guns for hunting."
Peter|GM: He laughs. "But it's proper ironic if you turn them against the source - right, that too."
Folis takes a few more swings. "If I can learn to alternate spellwork with a whallop of this… I could probably extend how long I can keep fightin'."
Echo takes one of the imperial's rifles.
Peter|GM: A MOMENT'S RESPITE, BEFORE FURTHER TRIALS.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License