Ch2 12

Peter|GM: THE ROYAL TREASURY, B2.
Peter|GM: At the base of a winding staircase - the trap protecting it summarily and utterly destroyed - the party found themselves coming to a strange hallway, overgrown with golden grass that shone like tinsel, warmed by a breeze from the west that smelled of brandy.
Peter|GM: As this hallway winds west, it dips lower, fading into a veritable ocean of gold and jewels, filling the cavern - roiling with some impossible tide as minted waves wash upon its shore, lit by golden lanterns chained to the ceiling above.
Peter|GM: Struggling beneath the surface, grasping for purchase, are the skeletal souls of the dead.
MiRA-[CLE]: "So yeah, I'm admittedly not in my element here but this SEEMS weird to me."
Peter|GM: To the south, an archway opens to a chamber beyond, avoiding this strange phantasmagoria - a scarred track leads to it, mingled with ancient bloodstains.
Elbereth: "Further proof that the Devil's Nail must be destroyed, World Savior."
Peter|GM: Those newly arriving have managed to make their way through the aqueduct entrance to rejoin MiRA.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Is it?"
Elbereth: "Much has been buried here that many wish to be forgotten."
Kit: "I dunno, this seems to be a lot of forgotten money, I don't think anyone would want to forget that"
MiRA-[CLE] kicks a nearby rock into the gold, experimentally.
Peter|GM: As you near: It splashes and sinks, tossing a jet of coins up into the air in a simulacrum of a splash.
Elbereth smiles at Kit. "I'm sure many tried. But perhaps that only added to the deads numbers?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Oh yeah those skeletons think they're funny too, each time one of them is destoyed the others in the entire vault get stronger."
MiRA-[CLE]: "But anyway. The Devil Nail is… probably beyond all this horseshit? Not sure how to get *past* it though…"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Which I guess means checking the other room that was down here…?"
Peter|GM: Thick scars in the stone run south, to another chamber, past the wavering grass.
Elbereth: "If I am not mistaken though, destroying the relic should deal with the undead."
Elbereth: "We may wish to make this our priority and search for other treasure after."
MiRA-[CLE]: "That WOULD be handy."
MiRA-[CLE]: "My main point is I don't think jumping into a pool of gold filled with skeletons is a great idea though."
MiRA-[CLE]: "So maybe there's another way around."
Peter|GM: Oh, and I almost forgot - the past to the south is through a massive vault door, wrenched open so many ages ago.
Elbereth: "I could try crossing if you wish?"
Kit: "Oh yeah, that's a bad idea for sure… Guess we go though that door over there?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "…Can you fly or somethin'?"
Elbereth: "While I can float as well, I was thinking something more akin to walking on liquid, World Savior."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Aha. Well, you're call. I duno what all you can do."
[OOC] Elbereth: Oh I just read 'rolling with some impossible tide'
Elbereth shakes her head. "I believe Kit is right. Let's go through the door and exhaust other options first."
Elbereth begins to head south as she surveys her surroundings.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Works for me."
Peter|GM: For a moment, the vault beyond is swathed in a golden light - its long table filled with a tremendous feast, golden phantoms tensely tittering in some ancient language about this or another, swathed in the robes of ancient Ecafan nobility. The room is filled with armed guards, swords and spears ready, ready to fend off some assault even as Elbereth passes through them -
Peter|GM: and then,
Peter|GM: flicker flicker -
MiRA-[CLE]: "Huh… ghost extras."
Peter|GM: They are fallen shattered armor and dessicated cadavers instead. The table is shattered and fallen, the illusion dissipating as it races towards the image
Peter|GM: of the Ecafan king -
Kit: "… What?"
Peter|GM: - Who is left pinned to the far wall by an armored skeleton draped in red cloth, a head higher than the others you've seen, holding four arms - swords and axes and spears and whatnot - in each hand.
Peter|GM: One of the skeleton's weapons shines in its black metal with the glint of the patrons.
Peter|GM: It is Arcotech.
Peter|GM: It is the Devil Nail.
MiRA-[CLE]: "That smells like an OOPART if ever I smelled one."
Elbereth: "I can't say I am familiar with that terminology…?"
Kit: "Me either"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Something way too advanced to exist for the era."
Kit‘ stares at Mira
MiRA-[CLE]: "Basically, the thing we’re lookin for, right?"
Elbereth nods. "That's correct. It must be destroyed, not taken."
MiRA-[CLE] cautiously approaches it.
Peter|GM: The skeleton's ancient jaw moves within its helm and it raises a hand full of stolen weapons.
Peter|GM: "Hero," he says. "Stop."
MiRA-[CLE] pauses. "Sup?"
Kit‘ urges her brother to leave the bag their current ride in, and go with mira
Elbereth bows her head slightly keeping a few steps behind Mira.
Peter|GM: "I am accursed," he says. And then he looks down, eyelessly. "…To state the obvious."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Go for it."
Kat tilts his head as he stares up at Mira
Peter|GM: "I, and my fellows, who once fought for freedom, are now bound, eternally, to defend that empty, foul throne."
MiRA-[CLE] shrugs. "The pirate king said to be respectful as we desacrate the tomb," she offers to Kat.
Peter|GM: "If you come any closer, I will attack you."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Sounds like you got a pretty raw deal."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Mind if we destroy you and break the curse in the process?"
Peter|GM: A sad laugh.
Peter|GM: "No, not really."
Peter|GM: "But the warning was fair."
Kit` finally looks back to the pirate king and lifts his little saber
MiRA-[CLE]: "It’s appreciated."
Elbereth: "We do not wish to blindside you with our intentions. The curse will be lifted."
Kit‘ peeks out enough for the spirit to see her. She’s studying it for a moment… (( Mysticism? ))
Peter|GM: Kit: Go for it!
Kit‘ rolled 4d6 and got 2, 5, 4, 1 ( Total: 12 )
[OOC] Kit: -1 LP to make the 4 a 5
Kit: "How can the curse be lifted?"
Peter|GM: "It’s within the land," says the skeleton. "Even after my destruction, I'll…"
Kit: "But if we close the gate first… You'll be free?"
Peter|GM: A twist of his helm. "I'm no scholar, little hero. I was just strong enough to get this far."
MiRA-[CLE] loads a set of fresh slugs into her shotgun. "Alright, whenever ya'll are ready then."
Kit: "Oh, my brother wishes to see you off as best fitting between champions, and I am no fighter"
Kit: "But that's gonna have to wait… It's not here"
Elbereth: "Our contract states that the nail must be destroyed, so I am afraid this is something we cannot ignore."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Right, here we're blowin' up skeletons and then breaking an Exarch's spear."
Kit‘ sighs as she hangs her head, but lifts her orb and staff, ready to cast…
Peter|GM: The skeleton steps forward, and, seized by an unearthly light, his armor twists, sprouting additional arms that gleam with black arcometal inlaid in their phantom bone. His skull is twisted, demonic, and those few of his party that made it to his final battle lift from the ground -
Peter|GM: Two lifting spears, but two still bearing their bows.
Peter|GM: THE BATTLE BEGINS - VS. AL-RASVID!
Peter|GM: Al-Rasvid sets a sword aside and strokes his chin. […Repositioning!]
Peter|GM: Kit!
MiRA-[CLE]: "…?
Kit` speaks the gargled words of her spell, opening the eye on the eye of her little staff, as it stares immediately at Al-Rasvid [Analyze, 4mp]
Kit` rolled 1d100 and got 92 ( Total: 92 )
Peter|GM: Al-Rasvid, THE CAVALIER. HP:250/250, MP:4/4, LP:4/4, Drive:0/6. Resists Water, fears Air. The killer that ended the Ecafan dynasty, in armed revolt. No one is safe from his swordplay.
[OOC] Kit: And don’t forgot the Short K-Shatter II
Peter|GM: And Short K-Shatter II!
Peter|GM: MiRA!
MiRA-[CLE] fires off a shot at Al-Rasvid as the barrel of her gun glows. [Conjuration]
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 94 ( Total: 94 ) for 80/10
[OOC] MiRA-[CLE]: -2 LP
Peter|GM: It's a hit! Boosted by shatter!
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d6+14 and got 5 ( Total: 19 )
MiRA-[CLE] also [Air Combo]s that, so it deals 20 damage instead.
Peter|GM: 20!
Peter|GM: Marching sword in hand, the terrible skeletons rain blows down on Kat!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 48, 79 ( Total: 127 ) for C80
[OOC] Elbereth: Time to spend that LP
[OOC] Kit: -1 to make that 79 miss
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+21 and got 8 ( Total: 29.0 )
Peter|GM: The other does 29 physical damage…!
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Elbereth watches the skeleton swipe at Kat with a studious look on her face. [Sixth Sense]
Peter|GM: Fears Air!
Elbereth nods before beginning to chant. A tornado sweeps across the room tearing into Rebel Dead A and B. [Tornado]
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 19 ( Total: 19 ) for burst check
Elbereth rolled 1d8+17 and got 1 ( Total: 18.0 ) for Air damage
Peter|GM: …OH WAIT I'M SORRY, WRONG SKELETON.
Peter|GM: (You can rewind ofc,)
[OOC] Elbereth: OH
Peter|GM: Those skeletons fear Fire!
[OOC] Elbereth: Hmmmm. Can I just nuke the back row then
[OOC] Peter|GM: Yeah totally, but you don't know anything about their weakness, though you might be able to guess
[OOC] Elbereth: -5 from that roll, then. Fair compromise.
[OOC] Peter|GM: Against the back row? Yeah!
Peter|GM: Hits the back-row skeletons for 13, 13!
Elbereth 's grimoire begins to shimmer. [Tornado enters Witch Mode.]
[OOC] Peter|GM: Oh no the… the back row skeletons are not Air Weak.
[OOC] Peter|GM: I APOLOGIZE FOR THE CONFUSION. The boss is air weak.
[OOC] Elbereth: That was very confusing yes.
[OOC] Elbereth: Taking back my action then as that would do way less damage.
[OOC] Peter|GM: Apply takebacks as necessary. SCAN RESULTS THUS FAR: Al-Rasvid fears Air and resists Water. Front-row skeletons fear fire. Nothing else is known.
Elbereth charges up a [Fireball] and blasts Rebel Dead A.
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness!
Elbereth rolled d10+24 and got 1 ( Total: 25.0 ) for -1 drive M-fire
Peter|GM: 25!
Peter|GM: The archers shoot arrows at Elberth!
Peter|GM: Elbereth.
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 32, 47 ( Total: 79 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+21 and got 1 ( Total: 22.0 )
Also rolled 1d10+21 and got 1 [Total: 22.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 44.0, Avg: 1.00
Peter|GM: Shooting her twice for 22 and 22 physical damage!
Peter|GM: Kat!
Elbereth dodges one [-4 LP] and raises her shield for the others! [-15 dmg]
[OOC] Kit: Cannot act this turn
[OOC] Peter|GM: Right!
Peter|GM: Al-Rasvid weaves this way and that, leaving after-images and then - he's behind the ranks, slashing with terrible swords! [Outmaneuver]
Peter|GM rolled 3d100 and got 98, 77, 12 ( Total: 187 ) for C80 MiRA, Kit, Elbereth
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+21 and got 2 ( Total: 23.0 )
Peter|GM: Hitting Kit and Elbereth for 23 damage!
MiRA-[CLE]: "Ranged… melee…? Fucking undead."
Elbereth: "An interesting combat style, I admit."
Peter|GM: He crashes forward, cutting through a rain of arrows, pushing Kit and Elbereth into the front row, and drawing Kit back! [C-Pin]
Kit‘ leaps from the bag before she’s cut with it! (( -1 LP ))
Elbereth: "It would seem I am the target for today, then?"
Peter|GM: Kit dodges and stays in the back row!
Peter|GM: Round Two - Stand strong!
Peter|GM: Kit!
MiRA-[CLE]: "Oh I see how it is, I make a little cut on your arm and suddenly it's this whole Ordeal, some skeleton with a sword slashes at you and you're just calavar about it…? Psh."
Kit‘ reaches out to her brother as she rushes to him, speaking "Mend" as she touches him… [Reconstruct, 4mp, +1 Fuel]
Kit` rolled 1d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 ) for Burst
Kit` rolled 1d10+10 and got 6 ( Total: 16.0 )
Elbereth chuckles. "If you remember that much, I hope you also recall that I am not particularly sturdy."
Elbereth: "But I’ll be glad to demonstrate what one can do when assaulted."
Peter|GM: Heals! MiRA!
MiRA-[CLE] follows that up by shooting her gun into the air, sending a spray of green mist over Kat and Elbereth. [Acclaim]
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 65 ( Total: 65 )
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d8+17 and got 2 ( Total: 19 )
MiRA-[CLE]: Healing for +19 HP and granting Short K-Power to both.
Peter|GM: The skeleton swordsmen fence at Elbereth, striking at her!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 29, 56 ( Total: 85 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+21 and got 10 ( Total: 31.0 )
Also rolled 1d10+21 and got 8 [Total: 29.0 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 60.0, Avg: 9.00
Peter|GM: Striking for 31 and 29 physical damage!
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Elbereth spends 3 LP dodging another blow.
Elbereth then summons a torrent of water, engulfing the room in its waves. [Nova Regulus - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa_u_DI0fvg ]
Peter|GM: Enemies resist!
Elbereth rolled 1d8+8 and got 5 ( Total: 13.0 ) for L-Exhaust at least on the boss
Peter|GM: (Resist baked into that?)
[OOC] Elbereth: Nope!
Peter|GM: 8, 8, 8, 8, 8! Boss is Exahusted!
Elbereth then takes a leap backwards, firing off a fireball this time at two targets, Rebal Dead A and B. [Tiger Bracelet, Expending a twisted mirror charge to target an additional actor. Retreat]
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 ) for burst check
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness on both!
Elbereth rolled 2d10+23 and got 3, 4 ( Total: 30.0 )
Peter|GM: 30! 30! Rebel Dead A is incinerated!
Peter|GM: The archers fire shots at Elbereth!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 57, 65 ( Total: 122 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+21 and got 3 ( Total: 24.0 )
Also rolled 1d10+21 and got 2 [Total: 23.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 47.0, Avg: 2.50
Peter|GM: Hitting her for 24 and 23 physical damage!
Elbereth dodges one more arrow! [-2 LP]
Peter|GM: Kat!
Kat runs a paw down the blade of his little saber, and as he flicks the paw off the tip, a spark bursts into life, before Kat throws the flaming sphere into the midst of the front row Skeletons [Cluster Bomb, C-Fire, so the explosion will also inflict Short Burning II]
[OOC] Peter|GM: Oh, sorry, a skeleton died and I didn't notice it.
[OOC] Peter|GM: To The Last: 22
[OOC] Kit: Can I Back row that Cluster Bomb instead please?
Peter|GM: Totally!
Peter|GM: A bomb's hurled into the back row! What's the HP on it again?
[OOC] Kit: 20
Peter|GM: Got it!
Peter|GM: Al-Rasvid darts forward, slashing at Elbereth and MiRA!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 83, 10 ( Total: 93 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+22 and got 5 ( Total: 27.0 )
Peter|GM: Striking MiRA for 27 physical damage!
Elbereth seems to still be standing, but that blade came dangerously close to knocking her down.
Peter|GM: Round Three - Stand Strong!
Peter|GM: Kit!
Kit‘ turns around, and darts back towards Elbereth, and as she touches the elf, the elf’s eyes start to glow with a burning focus [Q: Magnum Opus, Long Focus to Elbereth}, and "Mend" ing Ms. Nice Lady [Reconstruct, 4MP]
Kit‘ rolled 1d100 and got 18 ( Total: 18 ) for Burst
Kit` rolled 1d10+10 and got 4 ( Total: 14.0 ) for Heal to Elbereth
Peter|GM: Heals for 14! MiRA!
MiRA-[CLE] snaps the fingers on the free hands in Elbereth’s direction [Q - Instant heal], then takes a shot at the cluster bomb. [Conjuration]
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 ) for 80/10
[OOC] MiRA-[CLE]: -2LP
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d6+8 and got 3 ( Total: 11 )
[OOC] MiRA-[CLE]: And +12 HP to Elbereth
Peter|GM: Strikes for 11!
Peter|GM: The sword-skeleton slashes at MiRA!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 94 ( Total: 94 ) for C80
Peter|GM: But misses!
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Elbereth calls upon another [Fireball - Witch Mode] sending it out at Rebel B and the Cluster Bomb. [Spending another Twisted Mirror charge to target an additional actor. M-Fire]
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 27 ( Total: 27 ) for burst
Elbereth rolled 1d10+24 and got 3 ( Total: 27.0 ) for burst weakness
Peter|GM: Rebel Dead B is incinerated!
Peter|GM: The cluster bomb explodes!
Kit‘ rolled 1d10+10 and got 10 ( Total: 20.0 ) for BOOOOOOOOOOOM
Peter|GM: And it explodes with a tremendous blast, burning the bow-wielding skeletons for 25, 25!
[OOC] Kit: So 25 after Weakness
[OOC] Kit: And leave ’em burning (II) for a turn
Peter|GM: They scatter and defend, gathering more arrows and extinguishing the flames!
[OOC] Elbereth: What % are they at now they didn't take damage?
[OOC] Peter|GM: Hold on!
Peter|GM: Damage is applied!
[OOC] Peter|GM: To the Last: 23
Peter|GM: Kat!
Kit‘ gathers residual flames into a single point at the end of his saber, before the point launches into a brilliant red line that streaks towards Bow Skele A [Philsophy Cannon, C-Fire]
Kit` rolled 1d100 and got 19 ( Total: 19 )
Kit: !Sugar 1d6+13 ; Burst(?, if not, -3) Weakness, +6 for Combo
Kit` rolled 1d6+13 and got 1 ( Total: 14.0 ) for Burst(?, if not, -3) Weakness, +6 for Combo
Peter|GM: Bursts!
Peter|GM: (Weakness damage baked in there?)
[OOC] Kit: Wait, no, I didn’t add weakness, so it's 18
Peter|GM: 18! It's destroyed!
Peter|GM: …Ah, sorry - it's defending, so only 13!
[OOC] Kit: Ahh, K, fine
Peter|GM: Al-Rasvid slashes at both MiRA and Elbereth!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 89, 1 ( Total: 90 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+23 and got 1 ( Total: 24.0 )
Peter|GM: Striking Elbereth for 23 physical damage!
Peter|GM: Round Four - Stand Strong!
Peter|GM: Kit!
MiRA-[CLE]: "Hmm."
Elbereth: "I am afraid it is rather likely those archers will strike me down before I can stop our foe from unleashing their true potential."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Naw."
Kit‘ quickly "Mend" s Elbereth again, as the doll slips around behind the elf’s leg
Kit‘ rolled 1d100 and got 12 ( Total: 12 ) for Burst
Kit` rolled 1d10+13 and got 10 ( Total: 23.0 ) for Heals
Peter|GM: Restored! MiRA!
MiRA-[CLE] considers for a moment, then lets out a blast upon Recurve Dead A. [Demonstrate]
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 94 ( Total: 94 ) for 80/10
[OOC] MiRA-[CLE]: -2LP god damn
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d6+8 and got 1 ( Total: 9 )
Peter|GM: 4! It’s defeated!
[OOC] Peter|GM: To the Last: 25
Peter|GM: The remaining archer fires at Elbereth!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 93 ( Total: 93 ) for C80
Peter|GM: But misses!
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Elbereth launches a [Fireball] at the remaining skeleton!
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 21 ( Total: 21 ) for burst
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness!
Elbereth rolled 1d10+24 and got 3 ( Total: 27.0 )
Peter|GM: 22! It's slain!
Peter|GM: Kat!
Kat slashes out heavily at Al-Rasvid now, blast a wave of cutting wind into the Skeletal Pirate [PhiloCannon]
Kit‘ rolled 1d100 and got 87 ( Total: 87 )
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness if it’s air!
Kit‘ rolled 1d6+9 and got 4 ( Total: 13.0 ) for Includes Weakness V Air
Peter|GM: 13!
Peter|GM: Al-Rasvid turns with a whirl, and lifts the Devil Nail.
Peter|GM: "For this, I’ll shatter every seal, betray every taboo…!"
[OOC] Peter|GM: OD - Ecafa In Flames - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqap4bZnJsQ
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 89 ( Total: 89 ) for C100
Peter|GM: A wave of oppressive energy emanates outwards… everyone is Short Cursed II!
MiRA-[CLE]: "Yeeeah no."
MiRA-[CLE] snaps her fingers again, then thrusts her fist forward, sending out a wave that cancels the energy. [-2LP]
MiRA-[CLE]: "Bet you're like those wraiths and blast the shit out of people suffering from a curse."
Peter|GM: Al-Rasvid spins the nail around and slams it into the ground.
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 ) for C100
Peter|GM: Phantom fires burst across the field, inflicting Long Burning II to everyone!
Kit‘ lifts her staff, sending her wave out to negate the phantom flames.. (( -4 LP ))
[OOC] Elbereth: Save the LP.
[OOC] Elbereth: Ice has to defend anyways.
[OOC] Kit: OK, yeah
[OOC] Elbereth: Unless you 100% expect to rest after this and don’t give a shit about having no LP for skill checks.
Peter|GM: Round Five - Stand Strong!
[OOC] Kit: That's why I agreed, yeah
Peter|GM: Kit!
Kit‘ ignores the tiny flames dancing over her for now, as she sends another "Mend" into Elbereth
Kit` rolled 1d100 and got 27 ( Total: 27 )
Kit` rolled 1d10+13 and got 7 ( Total: 20.0 )
Peter|GM: Kit suffers 12 damage from the flames!
Peter|GM: MiRA!
MiRA-[CLE] throws her jacket to the ground and stops out the flames as she loads some fresh slugs into her shotgun. [Defend]
Elbereth douses the embers on her uniform before adopting a defensive stance. [Defend]
Peter|GM: Kat!
Kat sends another slicing wave of air into the Boss [PhiloCannon]
Kit` rolled 1d100 and got 52 ( Total: 52 )
Kit` rolled 1d6+9 and got 1 ( Total: 10.0 )
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness for 15! Kit burns!
Peter|GM: Al-Rasvid slashes at Kit and Kat!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 5, 61 ( Total: 66 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+25 and got 5 ( Total: 30.0 )
Peter|GM: Striking each for 30 physical damage!
[OOC] Kit: -2 LP for Kat to dodge
[OOC] Peter|GM: Got it!
Peter|GM: Round Six - Stand strong!
Peter|GM: MiRA!
MiRA-[CLE] shakes her head, then fires her gun into the air, releasing a green mist for herself and Kit. [Acclaim]
MiRA-[CLE]: "You do realize you’re on fire right…?"
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 27 ( Total: 27 )
MiRA-[CLE] rolled 2d8r1+14+9 and got 5, 6 ( Total: 34.0 )
MiRA-[CLE]: +34HP and Short K-Power!
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Elbereth calls upon a small [Tornado - Using M-Recovery] on Al-Rasvid.
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 54 ( Total: 54 ) for burst
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness!
Elbereth rolled 1d8+15 and got 8 ( Total: 23.0 )
The Prima Regulus shimmers as [Tornado] enters Witch Mode.
Peter|GM: 23! Kit!
[OOC] Elbereth: +5 MP from using Recovery
Kit‘ "Yeah, we know!" she says as she finally stops, drops, and rolls, putting out the flames covering her, before cautiously getting up, Kat doing likewise [Defend for Both]
Elbereth smiles. "I was starting to be impressed that Miss Folis had created fire retardant dolls, but it would seem this is not the case."
Peter|GM: Al-Rasvid slashes at MiRA and Elbereth!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 64, 28 ( Total: 92 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+25 and got 5 ( Total: 30.0 )
Peter|GM: Striking each for 30 physical!
Kit: "No, and much as Fire is bad for us though, Water is the true enemy still"
Peter|GM: Round Seven - Stand Strong!
Peter|GM: MiRA!
MiRA-[CLE] points her palm towards Elbereth, and a moment later a small hole in it opens up and shoots a green ray into her. [OD - Perfection]. She then flickers her wrist [Q - Lion’s Bracelet], before taking a shot at Al-Rasvid.
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 86 ( Total: 86 ) for 100/25
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 73 ( Total: 73 ) for 80/10
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d10+17 and got 8 ( Total: 25 )
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d6+12 and got 6 ( Total: 18 )
Peter|GM: 18!
Peter|GM: Kit!
Kit‘ lifts her staff into the air, releasing a shimmering mote into the air. The mote flickers once… twice, then explodes into a brilliant star showering life over Elbereth [OD: Miracle Star, Heals, and have +14 Drive Fue] before Kit turns to her brother and "mend" ing him up [Reconstruct, 4mp]
Kit` rolled 1d100 and got 34 ( Total: 34 ) for burst for Miracle Star
[OOC] Kit: I has Orb, so that is a Burst, yes?
[OOC] MiRA-[CLE]: Yup!
Kit` rolled 1d10+13 and got 4 ( Total: 17.0 ) for And Again Fue, have +14 Drive along with this Healing!
Kit` rolled 1d100 and got 8 ( Total: 8 ) for now for Reconstruct
Kit` rolled 1d10+13 and got 8 ( Total: 21.0 ) for On Kat
Peter|GM: Healing rains down! Elbereth!
Peter|GM:
Peter|GM: The pitched battle continues from some time. The enemy is untiring but outnumbered, and he cannot outpace the healing.
Peter|GM: Eventually, his armor shatters, the black metal dissipating.
Peter|GM: He drops to his knees, weapons clattering, holding the Devil Nail last.
Peter|GM: "I can’t fight any longer."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Seems like, yeah. G'night."
Peter|GM: A HEROIC VICTORY. After a grueling battle, only one party stands. There will be many more in time, but for now, celebration. Got +14 EXP.
MiRA-[CLE] puts two fingers to her forehead in a brief salute.
Elbereth pulls out the Prima Regulus and chants, impaling the Devil's Nail with a [Land Ripper] hopefully shattering it.
[OOC] Elbereth: K-Shatter
Peter|GM: It's destroyed.
Peter|GM: The terrible spear suddenly looks flimsy, hollow, worthless, in two pieces.
Peter|GM: How could it have dealt all those blows?
Peter|GM: A liquid like black honey drips out from within it.
MiRA-[CLE] sniffs at the air. "Is that oil?"
Elbereth steps forward taking the shattered spear. Proof that their task was completed.
Peter|GM: No, not oil.
Peter|GM:
Peter|GM: In the northern direction, there's a shout. "I heard fighting this way!"
Elbereth: "It would seem our position was leaked, World Savior."
Elbereth: "There is little reason for anyone to come this deep otherwise."
MiRA-[CLE]: "We did kinda have eyes on us, that's not super surprising."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Also all the ghosts and wraiths going apeshit."
Elbereth puts the hallowed spear into her pack before exiting the room. "I would suggest we get moving before we're found."
MiRA-[CLE] reloads her gun and heads out of the room, now that the job's done.
Peter|GM: There's three Imperial soldiers picking their way down the staircase - one in front with a heavy axe and shield, the other two with rifles.
Peter|GM: …Which closes off the way you'd most like to leave.
Kit‘ clambers up Elebereth’s dress and climbs into the Elf's bag, her Brother following her
Elbereth: "World Savior, it would seem that they are blocking off our only exit. I have a small request."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Hm?"
Elbereth: "Can you go through the Hand of Virindigris with Kat and go get the others? We're in a bit of a bind here."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Heroic last stands are dumb, especially when they'd pick up the hand after you died. Naw just stay cool, we're fine. It's just some stooges. No big deal."
Elbereth glances to her side. "Are you certain? I can at least erect a barrier and block entry to the basement if you wish?"
Kit: "(I could just make a magical illusion so we could sneak past)"
MiRA-[CLE]: "That sounds like a trick you can't do many times, and definitely the sort of thing you oughta save for when it matters."
Elbereth: "What is your suggestion then? They're almost here."
Elbereth: "I could try walking across the path you threw the walk into earlier?"
[OOC] Elbereth: *rock
MiRA-[CLE] cuts back towards the sea of gold, where the rest of the party was resting. This can be their problem instead.
Peter|GM: A brief moment, before…!

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License