Ch2 11

Peter|GM: THE ROYAL TREASURY, B1.
Peter|GM: The waterway beneath the treasury is fed from an ancient aqueduct. Having been located, it now allows easy passage in and out of the basement of the Royal Treasury.
Peter|GM: Returning inwards, the party pass by the makeshift kennel - steel cages, mass-produced, open to let the massive Vex Hounds inside reach out to the limits of their chains - the Imperial forces are keeping down here.
Peter|GM: All the hounds, powerfully drugged by an arcotech concoction, are sleeping still.
Peter|GM: Somewhere inside this treasury - within its sealed depths, known to be accessible through the first of its regular vaults - is the Devil's Nail, an ancient, dangerous relic that the party is here to destroy.
Peter|GM: Until now, they have evaded Imperial attention.
Peter|GM: The kennel is set up along the waterway. To the east is a large room, a stone pathway permitting passage around a square central basin, which opens up to a cellar-room to the northwest, and two different staircases upwards to the north and northeast side of the room, respectively.
Peter|GM: There's also a strange, empty-looking room to the east, left bare.
[OOC] Peter|GM: You had the opportunity to inspect a map, but it's not particularly well drawn… http://storagebin.wdfiles.com/local-files/ms-ch2/Treasury%20map
MiRA-[CLE]: "I found a coin press down here, which seemed kind of cool at first… But it's missing the plates, so it's basically useless."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "A pity, I would like to see the old faces on specie once more."
Alianor: "Maybe they've stored the plates elsewhere? I wonder if there just hasn't been enough time for new plates to be made or brought in."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Anyway we haven't really explored much yet, basically just got down here and then Lobelia use some… mist bomb thing to put all the dogs to sleep. So feel free to poke around as your heart desires."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Any idea if that big empty room is actually as empty as it looks?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "No clue."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Let's take a quick look over there, then!"
MiRA-[CLE] nods, following The Buccaneer in.
Peter|GM: This room is empty but for two deep scars along the floor, running from the entrance.
Peter|GM: The far wall is of different construction, hastily mortared.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Huh. Sealed off in a hurry, you think?"
Echo: "It appears that way."
MiRA-[CLE]: "That, or something exploded or unexpected put up a fight and they kind of halfassed repairs."
Le Masked Buccaneer probes the wall to see how solid it is, which is to say he pokes around it.
Peter|GM: It's bad work, easily chipped - you could probably break through, no trouble.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Shall we take a look?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "I'm not really concerned with leaving this place in pristine condition, so go nuts.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Echo, would you lend me a hand?"
Echo: "Certainly." He steps up to help break it down.
Peter|GM: Do it with one punch, Echo.
Peter|GM: (Getting closer, you can even feel a draft from it.)
Echo takes a couple of deep breaths, pulls back his fist, and then smashes it through the wall. "Hasty job indeed." He takes a few more swipes from the hole outwards to widen it.
MiRA-[CLE] gives a low whistle.
Peter|GM: It crumbles away, and - a wind, suddenly, blows outwards from it, opening up into a tall, square-room, shaped with archways to each direction. There's more flimsy brickwork to the north, but the east is open -
Peter|GM: At about this time, Folis catches up, having entered through the aqueduct (and having passed some sleeping hounds) to see the party gathered around the newly opened passage.
Folis: "Looks like I made it just in time! Good work, friends."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Oh, huh. That's weird."
Peter|GM: - To a room filled with rows of royal statues.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Ah! Dear Folis! We've found-…oh my."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Why was this sealed off?"
Peter|GM: The room you opened seems like a ventilation shaft - there's a faint trickle of sunlight pouring into it, and looking above, it seems like there's thin openings running through it onto the first and second floors, all the way up to a windcatcher vent on the top.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Perhaps they wanted to keep these away from the likes of us? Or some enterprising young Imperial thing was trying to steal them…" He walks in, moving to inspect a statue more closely.
Folis: "Or someone was full of 'emselves.
Peter|GM: The floor is thick with ash and cobwebs, and Santiago's feet crunch as he steps forward. They're royal busts, dating back to the times of the Ecafan kings.
Peter|GM: Some have been overturned, pushed over, smashed - some are solid, but some appear to have been hollow.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "…Or someone was looking for something in here."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "And in one of these."
Folis: "Whoopee."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "But did they find it…" He glances around. How man are still intact?
Le Masked Buccaneer: (How many, rather)
Peter|GM: There's three statues untouched, beyond an archway on the north side of the room from which a light - flamelike, orange - is shining. It casts strange shadows on the far wall.
Peter|GM: There's another passageway on the southeast edge of this long hall, opposite a mirror tarnished to unreflection.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Hmm. Dangerously mothlike…mothesque? But let us head towards the light."
Folis: "I'm already weirded out."
Le Masked Buccaneer heads toward the light unless anyone stops him!
MiRA-[CLE] rolls a shrug and follows.
Folis follows in case she has to yank the fool back.
Peter|GM: The source of the light, as you peer around the corner: A hooded apparition carrying a lantern, in which burns a flame in the shape of a molten face. It is dressed in floor-length rags.
Folis: "Uh."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Uh… hey."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Salutations?"
Peter|GM: It stands atop the raised northern half of its hall, beyond a makeshift barricade on which dead bodies, the red cloth upon them somehow not faded, have fallen.
Folis: "…"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "A-hmm."
Peter|GM: They are skeletal - a century or more old.
Peter|GM: The apparition bars the path to both other exits, but makes no move but raising its lantern as Santiago approaches:
Peter|GM: "… enemies of the crown …"
Peter|GM: "… advance no further …"
Alianor: "…is anyone else getting creeped out by this?"
MiRA-[CLE] wobbles her hand in the air vaguely.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Psychopomps usually aren't particularly powerful, so not really."
MiRA-[CLE]: "And I don't think we're enemies?"
Le Masked Buccaneer glances back over his shoulder. "I apologize for this, but I'm sort of required to-"
Le Masked Buccaneer: He turns to face the thing full on. "There is no king in Ecafa!
Folis: "Oh boy."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Okay, I guess we are now." She doesn't look particularly bothered by this development.
Alianor releases a weary but unsurprised sigh, shouldering Priscilla so it's in easy to bring to bear if this does turn violent.
Peter|GM: The ghost raises its lantern and a flash of blue light comes out from the fame, washing over its room and the hall outside.
Peter|GM: From the barricade, the skeletons lift themselves, grabbing whatever arms are to hand.
Folis: "… A call to- yep."
Peter|GM: -And even from beneath your feet, out in the hall with the statues, rising from the ash and bone, even more!
MiRA-[CLE]: "…Hehehe."
Folis: "That's a lot of guys."
Peter|GM: It's a fight!
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Please do not laugh at my ancient enemy countrymen."
Peter|GM: Santiago and Alianor gain drive!
Folis: "If anything, I appreciate their sheer ballisiness."
Peter|GM: Folis may quicken!
MiRA-[CLE]: "That seems like a weird thing to get hung up on, man."
Folis darts ahead!
Peter|GM: Round One - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Le Masked Buccaneer swings his baton in a wide circle. "They're still Ecafan, even if they were on the Wrong Side." He smashes into one of the skeletons, baton twirling. "Let's put them back to rest, shall we?" His other hand swings up, gleaming pistol clutched at it, and he opens fire on the Eternal Watch. "What makes you tick, pawn of ancient tyranny?"
Le Masked Buccaneer: OVERDRIVE: Let's Do This vs Rebel Dead A
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 )
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+6 and got 1 ( Total: 7.0 ) for Short K-Power and E-Power for all of us!
MiRA-[CLE]: "That was definitely the plan, I was mostly just laughin' 'cause… Well you'll see in a sec."
Peter|GM: Strikes for 7!
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 39 ( Total: 39 ) for Interrogate CoS 90 vs Eternal Watch
Peter|GM: It's a hit! Fears Water!
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+9 and got 4 ( Total: 13.0 )
Peter|GM: Shoots for 13! It clutches the smoking hole in its rags.
Peter|GM: Rebel Dead B, C, and E charge on Santiago, fighting sword-to-baton!
Peter|GM rolled 3d100 and got 32, 39, 33 ( Total: 104 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+8 and got 3 ( Total: 11.0 )
Also rolled 1d10+8 and got 2 [Total: 10.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 1d10+8 and got 1 [Total: 9.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 30.0, Avg: 2.00
Peter|GM: Slashing into him for 11, 10, and 9 physical damage!
Peter|GM: MiRA!
MiRA-[CLE] takes a step to the side, getting out of the way of the party as she throws her coat back. Her stomach then makes a hissing noise as it opens up like some kind of metallic, fleshy flower blossoming. And then a moment latter a [OD - Missile Barrage] flies from her and into the crowd of skeletons and the Watch.
15 Supreme Damage to everything!
Folis: "WHOA."
Folis: "That's… really really cool."
MiRA-[CLE] then aims her shotgun at Rebel Dead D as her stomach closes back up. [Demonstare - Water Combo]
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 46 ( Total: 46 ) for 80/10
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d6+19 and got 4 ( Total: 23 )
Peter|GM: A chorus of 15s as the missiles rip through the field, exploding in plumes of light!
Peter|GM: Shotgun blasts the skeleton for 23, taking off its head!
Peter|GM: Rebel Dead D perishes!
Peter|GM: The skeletons shrink back for a moment, but then shimmer with a strange light, and draw themselves up once more!
MiRA-[CLE]: "Great for crowd control."
[OOC] Peter|GM: To The Last - Attack damage increases for every defeated skeleton.
Folis: "Yeah mine's not so good at that…"
MiRA-[CLE] narrows her eyes.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Ooh I see the gimmick now."
Folis: "Oh, that's bad…"
Peter|GM: Rebel Dead F attacks Folis with a headless axe!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 16 ( Total: 16 ) for C80
MiRA-[CLE]: "That might've been a pain without me and Alianor around, ahaha."
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+9 and got 9 ( Total: 18.0 )
Peter|GM: Striking for 18 physical damage!
Folis: "Oof!"
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis claps her hands once, and there's a burst of blue light! [Release: Geyser enters Witch Mode!] She gestures at the belantered beast, and a sudden blast of water erupts from the floor! [Witch Mode: Geyser]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 89 ( Total: 89 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness!
Folis rolled 1d10+16+5+4 and got 7 ( Total: 32.0 )
Peter|GM: 32!
Folis: "Now that I'm in my element, as it were…"
Peter|GM: The flame gutters and spouts, and the Eternal Watch holds its mouth for a moment before it's overcome, and a tremendous gush of thick black fluid gushes from its face, vanishing soon after.
Peter|GM: It regathers itself and stares down Echo. He gets a strange feeling… [Haunt]
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 68 ( Total: 68 ) for C100
Peter|GM: Inflicting Long Curse II! Bad things can happen when you're haunted!
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Echo feels a shiver go down his spine.
Alianor takes aim at the Eternal Watch [Lock On] before firing a burst at it! [Semi-Auto, C-Rush+3]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 17 ( Total: 17 ) for 80/40
Alianor rolled 3d8+8+4+3 and got 2, 6, 2 ( Total: 25.0 )
Peter|GM: It's a critical hit! Blazes for 25!
Peter|GM: Echo!
Echo calls up an Air spirit before scattering several spirits amongst the Rebel Dead! They're all inflicted with Short Shock II, as well as Long Shock I! [Q: Mystic's Beads, M-Air; Jamming Wave, C Air]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 )
Echo also Quickens 1.
Peter|GM: They're Shocked!
Peter|GM: The two remaining Rebel Dead attack Echo!
Peter|GM rolled 2#1d100+15(1) and got 29 ( Total: 44.0 ) for C80
Also rolled 2#1d100+15(2) and got 1 [Total: 16.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 60.0, Avg: 15.00
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+9 and got 7 ( Total: 16.0 )
Also rolled 1d10+9 and got 1 [Total: 10.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 26.0, Avg: 4.00
Peter|GM: Striking for 16 and 10 physical damage!
Peter|GM: Round Two - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Echo blocks both of them with his shield. [6! 1!]
Le Masked Buccaneer: "What about you, I wonder?" Santiago swings his baton at a (B) Rebel Dead, hoping to uncover its weakness!
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 ) for Interrogate CoS 100 I love you Baton
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+6 and got 5 ( Total: 11.0 )
Peter|GM: Fears fire!
Peter|GM: Hits for 11!
Peter|GM: Three of the Rebel Dead attack Echo!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100+15 and got 42 ( Total: 57.0 ) for C80
Also rolled 1d100+15 and got 76 [Total: 91.0 (High), Avg: 76.00]
Also rolled 1d100+15 and got 16 [Total: 31.0 (Low), Avg: 16.00]
Total: 179.0, Avg: 44.67
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+9 and got 3 ( Total: 12.0 )
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+9 and got 9 ( Total: 18.0 )
Peter|GM: Striking him twice for 12 and 18 physical damage!
Peter|GM: MiRA!
Echo blocks one of the hits.
MiRA-[CLE] snaps her fingers of her free hand in Folis' direction and [Instant Recovery] True Heals her for +12HP, before firing off a round at the Eternal Watch.
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 49 ( Total: 49 ) for 80/10
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d6+8 and got 6 ( Total: 14 )
Folis: "Nice!"
Peter|GM: 14! It falls to the floor, empty rags and shattered lantern!
Peter|GM: A Rebel Dead attacks Echo!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100+15 and got 93 ( Total: 108.0 ) for C80
Peter|GM: But its arm falls off instead!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis points at Rebel Dead A, firing a rozen-sculped block of ice toward it - [Frozen Rose]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 83 ( Total: 83 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM: Hits! But it's resistant!
Folis rolled 1d8+10-5 and got 3 ( Total: 8.0 )
Folis: "Hm. Unfortunate."
Peter|GM: 8! Echo!
[OOC] Folis: Oh, I didn't see the status report from Interrogate. Fine by me tho.
Echo calls up an earth spirit to protect Santiago. Bubble (10!) [Q: Aegis]
Echo strikes at Rebel Dead G with a crushing blow! [Iron Driver]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 )
Echo rolled d6+8+4+12 and got 2 ( Total: 26.0 ) for Mace bonus, C Fire+8, self Bubble (10)
Peter|GM: 26! It's smashed to pieces!
Peter|GM: The skeletons quail for a moment, then rally! [To the Last: 10]
Folis: "I guess this isn't one where you just need to drop the ringleader…"
Alianor: "I think it would have been tougher if that was the case."
Folis: "You'd be surprised."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "My honored and deceased enemy countrymen are more dangerous than that."
Peter|GM: Rebel Dead A attacks Echo!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 43 ( Total: 43 ) for C80+15
[OOC] Alianor: Excuse me
Peter|GM: Ohh.
Peter|GM: Ohh yes sorry.
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Alianor smirks, Priscilla letting out a burst of steam as she sweeps it across the remaining skeletons, firing at all of them! [OD: Desperado]
Alianor rolled 5d100 and got 44, 97, 17, 88, 52 ( Total: 298 ) for 80/40
[OOC] Alianor: -3 LP to hit them all
Peter|GM: Rips through the field!
Alianor rolled 1d8+11 and got 1 ( Total: 12.0 ) for 2nd is crit damage to… C probably
Also rolled 1d8+6 and got 2 [Total: 8.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 20.0, Avg: 1.50
Peter|GM: Only two are left standing!
Alianor fiddles with some dials before firing lining up at E! [Lightning in a Bottle -> Laser Sighted]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 ) for 100/40
Alianor rolled 2d8+14 and got 8, 5 ( Total: 27.0 )
Peter|GM: It's slain!
[OOC] Peter|GM: To the Last: 14
Peter|GM: Round Three - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Le Masked Buccaneer gives the remaining Dead an experimental crack with his baton.
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 58 ( Total: 58 ) for cos 100
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+6 and got 1 ( Total: 7 )
Peter|GM: It's slain!
Le Masked Buccaneer: "But there we are."
Peter|GM: THE COAST IS CLEAR. All threats have been eliminated and the secrets of the Royal Treasury lay beyond. Got +9 EXP.
[OOC] Peter|GM: To the Last: 15
MiRA-[CLE]: "…Anyway, that's why I thought it summoning a hord of dinky little skeletons was funny."
Folis: "… I have a bad feeling about this… something's still lingering."
MiRA-[CLE] rocks her head back and forth, while opening her more mystic senses… "Ah. Yeah, seems like the dungeon's playing the long game with that one. Joke's on us I guess."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Those were not Dinky Little Skeletons!"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Those were honored enemy dead!"
MiRA-[CLE]: "In the form of dinky little skeletons, yeah."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "They were the normal size for skeletons.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "
Alianor: "…How about instead of arguing semantics over the creepy undead, we continue exploring?"
Peter|GM: Closed gates bar passage to the north. Through a doorway on the eastern wall, on the north side, treasures glimmer.
Folis: "Ooh!"
MiRA-[CLE] gives Santiago a weird look, before rolling a shrug in Alianor's direction. "Yeah fair."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "We can do both-oooh."
Folis perks up immensely, then goes to investigate the treasure. Does anything bar her path?
Peter|GM: You simply need to pick your way through one of the gaps in the barricade - made of overturned armor and hastily gathered wood - to get there.
Folis takes a hefty swing with her staff at what looks like a weak point in the pile-
Folis rolled 4d6 and got 4, 4, 5, 2 ( Total: 15 ) for Strength, using melee weapon to aid
Peter|GM: That blows the barricade apart!
Folis: "Killer!"
Folis moseys on over to investigate the loot, tail swishing this way and that.
Peter|GM: Within, candles burn with a phantom fire in front of an ancient painting, faded beyond recognition. A skeleton sits upon a chair, clutching - a doll? no, not quite.
Le Masked Buccaneer follows Folis.
[OOC] Peter|GM: Also there's treasure but BRB dinner's up.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Okay for reference, how long do we need to spend staring in reverent wonder at *this* skeleton before it's okay to poke around and take all the shit it's not using because it's an old, long sealed away pile of bones and not actually alive?"
Folis: "No I'm just checking to make sure it's not going to flip out and attack us."
Folis readies her staff, considering.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Mira! It is about the attitude taken when poking around and/or through."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Please be respectful as we destroy it and take anything of value."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Goddess you humans are really weird about the dumbest things."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Is everyone from the sky this rude?"
Folis: "No, I'm from earth and I'm pretty rude too."
Folis smashes the skeleton with her staff. See?
MiRA-[CLE]: "Uhh…"
Le Masked Buccaneer sighs.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Huh."
MiRA-[CLE] scratches at the back of her head.
MiRA-[CLE]: "I'm actually not sure, I only interacted with my creator for like… ten minutes before she died and I got sent down here."
Alianor: "…I'm not from here and even I can understand your exasperation, Masked Buccaneer."
Folis: "What?!"
Echo mumbles a short prayer/apology for the skeleton.
Folis: "That sucks…"
MiRA-[CLE] rolls a shrug at she glances around the room. "Is what it is. I'll see to it that her final wish is carried out, though."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "…Wait. How old are you, Mira?"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Thank you Alianor, Echo."
MiRA-[CLE]: "I've been active for… uh… three days?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "I think I spent a couple years in development though."
Le Masked Buccaneer sighs again, and straightens up.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Not sure what really counts as the starting point for a maxwellian's age."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "I am so sorry! I was unaware you were but a child. I've been expecting too much from you."
Folis: "… Masky…"
Alianor tilts her head to the side. "…How old would you consider yourself, ah, mentally? Compared to a human?"
MiRA-[CLE] tilts her head to the side.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Mentally…? Hmm."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "These…former people are part of a long history, one that is currently threatened by the Empire. Of course, we must deal with them directly, but I would appreciate some manner of…tact and thoughtfulness when we do so."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Trying to stop Ecafa from being destroy and its history dissolved is, after all, a large reason that I fight."
MiRA-[CLE]: "My core personality is referenced against characters that would be around twenty, give or take four years, I think."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Even when that history comes in the form of…dinky skeletons."
Folis: "I think you're doing a pretty good job of it!"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Hmm…"
Peter|GM: Against the wall opposite the shrine are stacked cases full of ancient Ecafan coin.
Alianor: "In that case… I don't think she's a child, more like she just needs to learn more of the… local common sense and tact?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "I think you're getting too wrapped up in the idea of their junk parts being them instead of their ideals and actions being the things you oughta cling to, personally, but I guess if that's how ya do it down here then… I won't laugh at 'em being animated into E tier trash mobs."
Folis starts considering how much of this coin can be moved.
Peter|GM: Folis: Probably all 3000G of it.
Peter|GM: There are packs by them for travel, too - in bad shape, but…
Peter|GM: Faded maps and compasses and bedrolls.
Alianor: "Do you think this might help cover your repair costs?"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "That makes sense Alianor."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "AND YES."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "And then some!"
Folis: "Holy hells."
Folis: "We are blessed."
Alianor: "Maybe… I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. And how we're carrying that all."
MiRA-[CLE] walks up and starts shoving it into a pack.
Folis does the same! Loot's loot.
Echo holds up Virindigris' Left Hand. "We can just move it to storage."
Peter|GM: The body is dressed in royal yellow, also the dress of that in its arms.
Le Masked Buccaneer squints and tries to identify the deceased potentate.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Actually, as someone that's been making the trip through your fiend a hell of a lot lately,"
MiRA-[CLE]: "That tunnel is a LOT longer than you'd think, and also, the other group is still in here too anyway."
Folis: "Really? Huh."
Peter|GM: (I mean, they're not in sight. They probably pulled out for the moment? Anyway, don't worry about carrying coinage.)
MiRA-[CLE] hoist a pack up after its filled to the brim. "Anyhow."
Peter|GM: Santiago: A noble, holding child. Perhaps they were trapped here, and planning to flee…?
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Tragic, though." He bows to the skeleton. "Thank you, for this gift from the past."
Peter|GM: In the barricade room, there are closed doors to the north.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Shall we continue? The Nail awaits, perhaps."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Lead the way."
Folis starts heading off that way, in high spirits after the treasure discovery.
Alianor: "That's true, even with the money, we need to deal with that to get back to Leviathan."
Peter|GM: Through open doors: A huge circular room with a staircase winding downwards around its perimeter. The wall is segmented, grooves separating sections of it.
Peter|GM: At the base of the staircase, far below, is a massive pile of crumpled and shattered bone.
Peter|GM: Flickering orange flamelight suggests there may be more ghosts nearby.
Folis: "… Ominous. Where's the bigger fish?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Maybe if you insult Ecafa or the King it'll make itself known?"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Please don't, at least until we know there's someone listening to insult. Down the stairs, then?"
Folis was about to take a deep breath and bellow out something daft. It's probably a good thing Masky interrupted.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Don't see any other direction to go in."
Folis takes the stairs!
Peter|GM: As Folis heads down the stairs - the wall starts to shift and rumble, dust falling out from the grooves, and suddenly, one of the sections juts forward, threatening to push her off!
Peter|GM: Folis, act decisively and/or roll Agility!
Folis rolled 3d6 and got 3, 6, 1 ( Total: 10 ) for Agility
Peter|GM: Folis: You catch the edge of the stairs as the ancient block pushes forward, leaving you hanging over the precipice.
Peter|GM: The pushing and grinding of the blocks reveal the ancient wooden beams that drive it back and forth, the reciprocating mechanism howling with the strain.
Peter|GM: If it weren't for the gears glimmering with haunt-light, it'd never be functioning still.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Echo, Mira, stop the machine!" Santiago leaps forward, trying to get in position to offer Folis a hand.
Peter|GM: Santiago: That sounds like Agility, unless you'd prefer Strength!
Alianor: "Let's see if I can figure out how to stop this old machine…"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Machine what how?"
Echo braces himself to try stopping it.
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Agility is great!)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 4d6 and got 3, 1, 4, 4 ( Total: 12 )
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Looking for 5s?)
Peter|GM: (Yup, but just one is fine)
Folis: "UuuuuuuuUUUUUUGH!"
Le Masked Buccaneer: (spending that luck!)
Peter|GM: Echo: Strength!
Folis: "Gods! Help me, please!"
Peter|GM: Santiago catches Folis' hand and swings her back up!
Echo rolled 4d6 and got 3, 2, 2, 2 ( Total: 9 )
Peter|GM: Echo: A success to stop, two to destroy.
Folis scrambles upward, fur all sticking out on end. She clings to Santiago like a scratching post.
[OOC] Echo: -2 LP to stop it
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Dear Folis, we are quite secure now."
Peter|GM: Echo stops the block, letting everyone proceed past at pace.
Peter|GM: He can probably do that as needed, though it'd be risky coming back up without him.
Folis hisses, but extricates herself from her savior.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Thank you, Echo."
Le Masked Buccaneer straightens his mask and a pauldron,and continues on.
MiRA-[CLE] crosses quickly.
Echo: "Not a problem."
Echo takes a firmer stance, a deep breath, then lets loose a ROAR as he twists the block, destroying the mechanism. [Ursa Major]
Alianor: "…Or that could work, too."
Folis: "… guess he couldn't bear it anymore."
Folis snorts.
Peter|GM: The block rests silent, ripped away from its housing. The faint sound of the remnants of the mechanism thumping uselessly against it can be heard.
Echo lets loose a huff, kind of like a laugh.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Superlative! Let us continue."
Le Masked Buccaneer leads the way, in case Folis is still skittish
Folis pats down her tailfur as she follows Masky.
Peter|GM: At the base, two more ghosts await, watching Santiago as he approaches.
Peter|GM: " … enemies of the crown … "
Peter|GM: " … you shall be imprisoned here forever …"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Doubt it."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Free Ecafa Forever."
Peter|GM: A flash of blue light, and from the bonepile at the base of the stairs, skeletons begin rising -
Peter|GM: Most of them fall to pieces, crushed, tumbling, too damaged to rise.
Peter|GM: But some do, lifting swords and swathed in red cloth.
Folis: "Be wary! These skeletons retain the rallying cries of the others!"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Yup."
Peter|GM: It's a fight!
Peter|GM: Santiago and Alianor gain drive!
Peter|GM: Round One - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis snaps her fingers, and icy mist shatters around her! [Release: Frozen Rose enters Witch Mode!] Taking far more careful consideration of her targetting, she forms a floral ice-sculpted missile and sends it screaming toward Eternal Watch B! [Witch Mode: Frozen Rose]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 79 ( Total: 79 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness!
Folis rolled 1d10+18+5+4 and got 7 ( Total: 34.0 )
Peter|GM: 34!
Peter|GM: Echo!
Echo calls up an earth spirit to shield Santiago! Bubble (10)! [Q: Aegis]
Echo then follows up with an Iron Driver to Rebel Dead A!
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 42 ( Total: 42 )
Echo rolled d6+8 and got 3 ( Total: 11.0 )
[OOC] Echo: Bubble (10) to self
Peter|GM: Hits for 11!
Peter|GM: Two of the rebel dead attack Folis, one with sword, another with looted scepter!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 48, 92 ( Total: 140 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+15 and got 10 ( Total: 25.0 )
Peter|GM: But only one hits her, for 25 physical!
Peter|GM: MiRA!
Folis snarls as she's hit - she got struck while parrying the sword-blow!
MiRA-[CLE] snaps her fingers [Instant Heal] and quickly restores +12HP to Folis, before the barrel of her shotgun glows as it lets loose a slug at Rebel A. [Conjuration]
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 21 ( Total: 21 ) for 80/10
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d6+8 and got 1 ( Total: 9 )
Peter|GM: Blasts true!
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Le Masked Buccaneer leaps towards Rebel Dead B, slamming his baton into it and flipping it around before slamming the remains into the ground. "Fire or ice, Folis?"
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 15 ( Total: 15 ) for cos 90 Piledriver w/ launch momentum
Folis: "Lemme have the ice, and I can do something AMAZING."
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+6 and got 3 ( Total: 9.0 ) for Switch places then quicken 2
Folis: uh, where was masky
[OOC] Folis: wrong channel
Peter|GM: Santiago flips the skeleton to the ground with a smash for 9 damage!
Peter|GM: Rebel Dead C attacks Santiago!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 16 ( Total: 16 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+15 and got 5 ( Total: 20.0 )
Peter|GM: Inflicting 20 physical - well, 10 after the bubble pops.
Folis: "Also that instant healing is pretty fantastic, I'm a little jealous."
Peter|GM: Eternal Watch B stares down Alianor, who gets a sinking feeling… [Curse]
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 70 ( Total: 70 ) for C100
Peter|GM: She's Long Cursed II!
MiRA-[CLE]: "That's the power of the Sage."
Peter|GM: Er, sorry. [Haunt] is what it's called. And of course, bad things can happen to you when you're haunted!
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Folis: "Fascinating!"
Alianor looks rather annoyed, fiddling with her gunstaff before returning fire at Eternal Watch B! [Lightning in a Bottle -> Laser Sighted, C-Pin+3]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 85 ( Total: 85 ) for 100/20
Peter|GM: Tracking with the laser, and - it's a hit!
Alianor rolled 1d8+8+3 and got 6 ( Total: 17.0 )
Peter|GM: Rebel Dead A slashes at Echo!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 82 ( Total: 82 ) for C80
Peter|GM: But he parries!
Peter|GM: The other member of the Eternal Watch (A) emits a horrible, piercing wail - [Suffer]
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 83 ( Total: 83 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM rolled 2d10+10 and got 7, 6 ( Total: 23.0 )
Peter|GM: And Alianor, haunted, suffers 23 Supreme damage!
MiRA-[CLE]: "Ah, I guess if you leave 'em up for more than a couple seconds they are kind of dangerous…?"
Peter|GM: Round Two - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Alianor winces at the terrible noise that afflicts her far worse than the others.
Le Masked Buccaneer swings his pistol up in his off hand, and levels it Eternal Watch B. "And as promised…" He fires, frozen mist trailing in the bullet's wake. "ICE!"
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for CoS 90
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Gonna spend a luck to make that a crit)
Peter|GM: It's a critical strike!
Le Masked Buccaneer: (and use Refresh on my sword)
Le Masked Buccaneer: (err wait)
Le Masked Buccaneer: (tis is my gun)
Le Masked Buccaneer: (nevermind)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 2d6+10 and got 5, 2 ( Total: 17.0 )
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Interrogate!)
Peter|GM: Fears Water!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis SLAMS her staff into the ground, and a searing jet of water erupts beneath Eternal Watch B, striking it from below! [Witch Mode: Geyser]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness!
Folis rolled 1d10+16+5+6+8 and got 3 ( Total: 38.0 )
Peter|GM: It's obliterated!
Folis: "… Rest in pieces."
Peter|GM: Echo!
Folis: "How was that?"
Folis glances to Mira.
MiRA-[CLE]: "How was what?"
Folis: "You know, the witty lines?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Oh." She pauses, tapping at the side of her finger. "Six outa ten? It's a pretty standard one liner for undead, but it works well enough."
Echo strikes at Rebel Dead A again! [Attack]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 68 ( Total: 68 )
Echo rolled d6+8 and got 3 ( Total: 11.0 )
Peter|GM: Hits for 11!
Folis: "Neat! I'll try to improve."
Peter|GM: Rebel Dead D attacks Echo!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 51 ( Total: 51 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+15 and got 10 ( Total: 25.0 )
Peter|GM: Slashing for 25 physical damage - though, I think there might be a bubble in the way.
Peter|GM: MiRA!
Echo blocks that mostly! [Bubble -10, Shield -10]
MiRA-[CLE] throws her coat to the side again and fires off another [OD - Missile Barrage], before finishing Rebel A off with a [Demonstration]
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 21 ( Total: 21 ) for 80/10
12 Supreme to everything!
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d6+8 and got 5 ( Total: 13 )
Folis: "It recharged already?"
Folis: "Wow…"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Huh?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "OH."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Right, you suckers can't overcharge your meters. Hahaha."
Peter|GM: 12! 13! A falls!
Folis: "Grr…"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Even babbles like a child…"
Peter|GM: Rebels Dead B and C attack Echo!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 52, 80 ( Total: 132 ) for C80
[OOC] Peter|GM: To the Last: 16
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+16 and got 7 ( Total: 23.0 )
Also rolled 1d10+16 and got 1 [Total: 17.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
[OOC] Echo: -1 LP to make the 2nd miss
Total: 40.0, Avg: 4.00
Peter|GM: Striking for 23 and - oh, it's blocked!
Echo blocks most of the other one [-20]
MiRA-[CLE]: "I'm not babbling!"
Peter|GM: Alianor!
MiRA-[CLE]: "Though I guess you not-machines probably don't think in terms of meters. Hmm."
Folis: "Certain magics are on a cycle, so I can see that…"
Alianor takes aim at Eternal Watch A before firing a burst! [Lock On -> Semi-Auto]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 22 ( Total: 22 ) for 100/40
Peter|GM: It's a critical hit!
Alianor rolled 3d8+8+4 and got 4, 4, 6 ( Total: 26.0 )
MiRA-[CLE]: "Yeah I definitely know you guys know how drive works at least, Alianor's got a bottle that generates it."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Or… know that it exists, I suppose."
Folis: "Hm…"
Peter|GM: 26, filling it with smoking holes!
Peter|GM: The Eternal Watch lets out another wail! [Suffer]
Folis: "Hoo-ee…"
Alianor: "You must be silly, there's no way I incorporated one of those into Priscila's design."
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM rolled 2d10+10 and got 4, 2 ( Total: 16.0 )
Peter|GM: Alianor suffers 16 Supreme damage!
MiRA-[CLE]: "I forgot humans expel it automatically when it hits a certain level though, where as I got a tank that can store it long term."
Folis: "… That's cheating."
Peter|GM: Round Three - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Alianor: "Only two of us are humans here, though."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Human is a relative term."
Le Masked Buccaneer strikes at Rebel Dead B once more. "Relative to what, though?"
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 96 ( Total: 96 ) for Fighting Spirit w/ Baton COS 100
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Thank you, Baton)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+6 and got 3 ( Total: 9.0 ) for Also using Refresh to heal 15; alianor gets short lucky and focus
Peter|GM: 9!
MiRA-[CLE]: "Relative to everything else, like Monsters and Exarch and Fiends."
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis squints, then gestures to Rebel Dead B, setting the vile creature aflame! [Phoenix Tail]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 44 ( Total: 44 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness!
Folis rolled 2d6+10+5 and got 5, 6 ( Total: 26.0 ) for [Phoenix Tail enters Witch Mode!]
Peter|GM: 26! It's burnt to a crisp, and slain!
Peter|GM: Echo!
Folis: "Aww yisssss."
Echo takes a moment to recover, shielding himself. [Defend, +10 HP, refresh shield blocks, M-Pin]
[OOC] Peter|GM: To the Last: 17
Peter|GM: Rebel Dead D slashes at Folis!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+17 and got 9 ( Total: 26.0 )
Peter|GM: Slashing for 26 physical damage!
Peter|GM: MiRA!
MiRA-[CLE] flicks her wrist [Q - Lion Bracelet] before aiming her shotgun into the air and pulling the trigger, releasing a cloud of green mist. [Acclaim - Launch Combo]
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 52 ( Total: 52 ) for 100/25
MiRA-[CLE] rolled 3d8+27 and got 7, 2, 8 ( Total: 44 )
MiRA-[CLE]: Restoring 44 HP to Alianor and Folis, then 6 HP to Echo and Santiago!
MiRA-[CLE]: Alianor also gains Short K-Pow!
Folis: "Whoo!"
Echo: "Thank you."
Alianor: "Phew… Much appreciated."
Peter|GM: Rebel Dead D attacks Santiago!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 56 ( Total: 56 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+17 and got 7 ( Total: 24.0 )
Peter|GM: Slashing for 24 physical damage!
Peter|GM: er, C does that.
MiRA-[CLE]: "No prob."
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Le Masked Buccaneer: "I'll need to get some dents out of the armor when we're out of here…"
Alianor clicks a lever on Priscilla before unleashing a blast at the remaining Eternal Watch! [Bunker Buster, C-Pin]
Alianor rolled 1d100-15 and got 69 ( Total: 54.0 ) for 100/40
Alianor rolled 5d8+8+3*3 and got 8, 2, 3, 7, 6 ( Total: 43.0 )
[OOC] Alianor: …+3 more from K-Power
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Was that with the Lucky?)
[OOC] Alianor: Yeah
Peter|GM: 46!
MiRA-[CLE]: "Ahah, some of you CAN compete with the Warlocks in terms of destructive power, then."
Peter|GM: It wails as the blast leaves a smoking hole through its core!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 88 ( Total: 88 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM rolled 2d10+10 and got 10, 4 ( Total: 24.0 )
Peter|GM: Alianor suffers 24 Supreme damage!
Folis: "Yeah, she's pretty impressive!"
Folis: "Especially when she's scary…"
Peter|GM: Round Four - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Alianor: "…Ow, I was hoping to stop that… And that was entirely your fault, Folis."
Le Masked Buccaneer takes another shot at Eternal Watch A. "Fall and be silent!"
Folis: "That doesn't change anything!"
Folis: "You were still scary!"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Scary?"
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 41 ( Total: 41 ) for cos 90 Bang!
Folis: "… I boosted her and she had a really bad reaction."
MiRA-[CLE] glances between Folis and Alianor, giving them a Dubious Look.
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+6 and got 1 ( Total: 7 )
Peter|GM: 7! It's slain!
Alianor: "Next time, please think twice about stealing drugs from kobolds or other dubious sources."
Folis: "I know, I know…"
Peter|GM: Folis!
Le Masked Buccaneer: "It was a small pharmalogical matter, Mira, but what's important is that you shouldn't take potions from strangers."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Aha."
MiRA-[CLE] does not mention the crate of potions they recently looted.
Folis snaps her fingers, whereupon Rebel Dead C bursts into stronger flames! [Witch Mode: Phoenix Tail]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 47 ( Total: 47 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness!
Folis rolled 2d10+14+5 and got 5, 7 ( Total: 31.0 )
Peter|GM: 31!
Peter|GM: Echo!
Echo smashes into Rebel Dead D ferociously! [Overdrive: Ferocity https://youtu.be/ADT6EUlFmiU ]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 2 ( Total: 2 )
Folis: "The problem for us is when there's a lot of drive and not a lot to unload it on…"
Folis: "S'like… magical edging."
Echo rolled 3d6+12 and got 3, 5, 5 ( Total: 25.0 ) for Short K-Shatter & E-Shatter
MiRA-[CLE] snorts.
Echo then follows up with a strike to Rebel Dead C! [Attack]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 70 ( Total: 70 )
Echo rolled d6+12 and got 3 ( Total: 15.0 )
Peter|GM: 25! 15! C is slain!
[OOC] Peter|GM: To the Last: 18
Peter|GM: The sole remaining Rebel Dead stumbles back, before grabbing a torch off the ground. It suddenly burns with a phantom flame, and it swipes it through the front row!
Peter|GM rolled 3d100 and got 50, 24, 59 ( Total: 133 ) for C80 Folis Santiago Echo
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+12 and got 3 ( Total: 15.0 )
Peter|GM: Burning them for 15 Fire and Short Burning II! …Not that that last bit matters.
Peter|GM: It then rushes forward and slashes at Folis!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 33 ( Total: 33 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+18 and got 9 ( Total: 27.0 )
Echo blocks it. [-14]
Peter|GM: Slashing for 27 physical damage!
Peter|GM: MiRA!
MiRA-[CLE]: "I JUST fixed them!"
Folis yowls!
MiRA-[CLE] clicks her teeth as she fires into the skeleton.
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d100 and got 20 ( Total: 20 ) for 80/10
MiRA-[CLE] rolled d6+11 and got 3 ( Total: 14 )
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Unexpectedly lively!"
Peter|GM: 14!
Peter|GM: It's slain!
Peter|GM: THE COAST IS CLEAR. All threats have been eliminated and the secrets of the Royal Treasury lay beyond. Got +8 EXP.
[OOC] Peter|GM: To The Last: 19
Alianor lets out a breath as she starts cooling down Priscilla, venting lots of steam.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Hmm. Must still be some of those lantern guys in the area."
Peter|GM: The base of the stairs open up to the south, out onto a room -
Peter|GM: It's glowing with light, the cracks in the stone filled with golden grass, blowing in a phantom breeze.
Peter|GM: Studded along one of the far walls like it dripped there, jewels embedded in the wall shine like blisters.
MiRA-[CLE]: "The hell?"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Indeed."
Peter|GM: The tinsel-sparkling blades of the grass are studded with shattered hulks of ancient Ecafan armor, sundered, smashed and strewn by a single blow.
Folis: "What fae trickery is this?"
MiRA-[CLE] steps inside, opening up her mystical senses.
Peter|GM: An ancient groove is carved along the floor, damp with ancient bloodstains, towards the vault to the south beyond - its tremendous door cracked open, more ancient cadavers dressed as Ecafan nobility about.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "I…I have no idea."
Peter|GM: Mysticism?
Peter|GM: There's another passage, to the west - the strange wind seems to be blowing from there.
Peter|GM: It smells like brandy.
MiRA-[CLE] rolled 4d6 and got 3, 1, 3, 2 ( Total: 9 )
Folis: "Ooh, someone's having a good drink, I imagine…"
Folis: "Or left their barrels open."
Le Masked Buccaneer: 'That's more than a good drink, that's a good distillery. "
Folis: "Oh man…"
MiRA-[CLE]: "Did you know they built a new vault on top of the old one?"
Folis: "… So are we too low or too high?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "I'd guess there's something worth grabbing through the ancient vault, at least."
Folis: "Ooooh, yeah…"
Folis goes to check out that brandy-smelling passage. It's intruiging!
Le Masked Buccaneer follows!
Peter|GM: Just through the archway:
Peter|GM: The light, the sparkling light, is unimaginable.
Peter|GM: A sea of gold coins. And a sea indeed, shifting and rolling with waves, crashing onto a shattered-stone shore.
Folis: "… what IS this?"
MiRA-[CLE]: "…That's gotta be an illusion."
Folis: "Mira, what do you see?"
Peter|GM: Even the lamps hanging from the ceiling are made of gold.
MiRA-[CLE]: "Probably the same thing you are? Gold everywhere, literal waves of is splashing around."
Folis: "Remarkable…"
Folis: "Though…"
Peter|GM: And on closer inspection, out in the ocean…
MiRA-[CLE]: "Some real Scruge McDuck bullshit."
Peter|GM: There are skeletal hands, desperately treading gold, struggling to stay above the surface, eternally failing.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "You said 'the hell' Mira."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "I think you may have been correct?"
Folis: "Okay that's fucked."
MiRA-[CLE]: "Wait, you guys have a Gold Hell?"
Folis: "I think we found the hell of gold."
MiRA-[CLE]: "That's kind of badass."
Peter|GM: A MOMENT'S RESPITE, BEFORE FURTHER TRIALS…

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License