Ch1 9

Peter|GM: THE ARCOLITH "FILIOS" , BASE CAMP.
Peter|GM: Dawn rises over the base camp at the Arcolith. The gulls are circling, to the west. The song of the early waves rattling on the stones sings on.
Elbereth is serving Lobelia a hearty breakfast along with some Ammas tea.
Lobelia downs the breakfast with some faint vestige of grace. Her table manners aren't fully dead yet.
Elbereth smiles. "My apologies if it isn't up to your standards, Lady Wintervine. I wish we could have packed more provisions on the ship."
Peter|GM: The climb over to Site B - the gentle hop over the channels of the Arcolith, sparkling in the morning light - await you.
Peter|GM: There are fishing boats at sea this morning, trying their luck in the teeming waters past the Towers.
Elbereth finishes up breakfast before making her way to Site B. Given the approaching fleet, it would be a shame to just idle about.
Lobelia leaves her empty plate behind - stacked neatly near the other dirty dishes, of course. "No need to worry. I've had my fair share of road meals, and the humblest you serve is a luxury by comparison. Seems the others are sleeping in, or already left to site A…"
Elbereth: "This at least serves as an excuse for me to check out that room I scouted earlier. Kat could not cross the water, so it would best be done without them."
Elbereth glances at Lobelia. "Unless you would rather not get drenched?"
Elbereth: "The entrance to the next stratum would also be an option."
Elbereth makes her way through the sauna room and into the garden proper.
Lobelia shrugs, smiling. "Let's see this room. There are many things I'd be more against than a little water."
Peter|GM: Sparkling coral, the scent of drifting salt.
Peter|GM: The inside of this chamber somehow feels more oceanic than the outside.
Elbereth nods before repeating her previous steps. Her destination was the room with the fern-like plants.
Peter|GM: Expending a Grimoire charge?
[OOC] Elbereth: Just to confirm is it not possible to get up with agility?
Peter|GM: It'd be possible with Agility!
[OOC] Elbereth: Hmm. That doesn't get Lobelia up though nvm
Peter|GM: The waterfall is gushing, at the far end of a pond.
Elbereth: "So I will be levitating you up to the entrance. You have a rather sturdy grip and should be able to use a rope to pull me up with your strength after."
Peter|GM: A little bit of murk is gathering in the base of the water. It's probably safe for now, but it might be back in a few days?
Lobelia nods, pulling out a rope from the stash of adventuring supplies. "Alright, is there anything special I need do to become levitated?"
Elbereth: "Don't try to thrash around too much in the air is all." A smile. "It's a lot harder if you do."
Elbereth pulls out her grimoire and expends a charge casting 'Rossa Aum' once again.
Elbereth rolled 6d6 and got 6, 4, 3, 4, 1, 1 ( Total: 19 )
[OOC] Elbereth: It was only 5 meters high if I recall so that should be sufficient
[OOC] Peter|GM: Yup, that suffices.
Peter|GM: Lifted by the pattern, Lobelia can climb into the duct shaft.
Peter|GM: She pulls Elbereth up afterwards without much trouble.
Lobelia starts crawling forward at the front, parting most of the water in front of her.
Peter|GM: Absolutely drenched, you push through: The bottom of a room lit from above by a soft amber light. Shadows are cast from a catwalk running up above, on which paces a lizard-like monster, humanoid.
Peter|GM: The floor runs with flowing, ankle-deep water, over a stone surface. Dotting the room, extending from this low floor to the high ceiling, are canisters, metal-and-glass filled with fluid.
Peter|GM: Plant specimens, cultured in containment.
Peter|GM: On the west wall, there's an access ladder, leading up to the catwalks.
Elbereth: "One more knowledgeable than I would likely be fascinated with these dated specimens."
Elbereth: "I cannot say I have much background on the subject, however."
Elbereth makes her way to the access ladder and starts her ascent.
Peter|GM: Though very large, nothing about the specimens in this room seems unusual.
Lobelia: "I could tell you about some of them. Had to sit through far too many lessons to forget." Lobelia points to one of the specimens - "Don't eat that one." - then follows up the ladder.
Peter|GM: As the two climb up the ladder, the monster - a lizard-man, its snout encased in a steel mask - swivels, draw its sword, charges.
Peter|GM: Springing from a corridor on the north, balancing carefully on the railings, a Spindle beeps and whirrs, here to help out.
Elbereth: "May I ask why you were educated on plants of all things, Lady Wintervine? History, language, arts and politics I can understand. But that knowledge is of little use to any but apothecaries and merchants."
Lobelia hesitates to respond, but goes ahead anyway after a moment. "I was reprimanded for interrupting an absolutely enthralling lecture on the symbolic importance of leaf shapes for having the audacity to ask about the practicality of the bloody green things. An hour of extra homework, Goddess bless that old crone." She draws her weapon!
Peter|GM: IT'S A FIGHT!
Peter|GM: Lobelia gains Drive!
Peter|GM: Round One - Showtime!
Peter|GM: The Spindle fires a raygun blast at Elbereth!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 36 ( Total: 36 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM rolled 1d8+18 and got 3 ( Total: 21.0 )
Peter|GM: Burning for 21 Fire damage!
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Elbereth takes a few steps back from the newly encountered foes. She fans her grimoire and giant spires erupt from the walkway piercing the foes. [Overdrive: Nova Regulus : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJhL-QZfZ9M ]
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 ) for burst check
Elbereth rolled d6+8 and got 3 ( Total: 11.0 ) for earth damage , both enemies get L-Exhaust
[OOC] Elbereth: Waiting to see weakness/R reading from the earth before I take my other action
Peter|GM: The fabric of the world twists, and spires lance out! Lizard and Spindle both take 6 damage - both resist!
Peter|GM: They're Exhausted!
Elbereth then sets her sights on the Lizard. [Sixth Sense - Reveal the weakness!]
Peter|GM: Fears Water!
Elbereth quickly conjures as a rumbling can be heard. The stalagmite shatters, a flood of water shooting out from the ground engulfing the Lizard. [Flood]
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 ) for Burst
Elbereth rolled 2d8+22 and got 5, 1 ( Total: 28.0 ) for -1 drive
Peter|GM: 33! Unless you included Weakness in that because you knew it was Weak!
[OOC] Elbereth: I did!
Elbereth flips to another page in her grimoire readying her next move. [Witch Mode: Flood]
Peter|GM: The Lizard Soldier hacks and snarls as the water bursts over it, and it dashes forward and slashes for - Lobelia, who's in the way!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 27 ( Total: 27 ) for C90
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+14 and got 3 ( Total: 17.0 )
Peter|GM: Striking her for 17 physical damage!
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
Lobelia pictures her old biology instructor's head attached to the lizard soldier's body. Ah, if that soldier was a little more scaly and coldblooded, wouldn't it be the spitting image? Lobelia's red eyes flick wide open and a grin appears- she swings her axe at the soldier from below, driving it into its side- she shoves it back with a metal plated shoulder and the kick of her shotgun, blasting the Spindle with the same
Lobelia motion! [OD - Double Attack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRI3I0lVOcA ]
Lobelia rolled d100 and got 51 ( Total: 51 ) for 10/20 melee
Lobelia rolled d8+10 and got 1 ( Total: 11 )
[OOC] Lobelia: 90/20 duh
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Lobelia rolled d100 and got 19 ( Total: 19 ) for 80/20
Lobelia rolled 2d6+12 and got 6, 3 ( Total: 21 )
Peter|GM: 11! 21!
Lobelia doesn't let up, springing back into a second attack, blasting the earthen spire stuck in the spindle with her gun! [Snipe - C: Rush]
Lobelia rolled 1d100 and got 9 ( Total: 9 ) for 80/40
Peter|GM: It's a critical hit!
Lobelia rolled 2d6+12 and got 4, 4 ( Total: 20 ) for and long lucky 1
Peter|GM: Strikes for 20!
Peter|GM: Whirring worriedly, the spindle bobs back and forth.
Peter|GM: Round Two - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Spindle's out of energy!
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Elbereth: "Best deal with the Lizard first now, Lady Wintervine." She fires off another [Flood] at the reptilian.
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 16 ( Total: 16 ) for burst check
Elbereth rolled 1d8+26 and got 4 ( Total: 30.0 ) for -2 drive
[OOC] Elbereth: My bad +24
[OOC] Elbereth: 12 base, 3 burst, 7 weakness, 2 based on max drive
Peter|GM: Blasts for 28!
Peter|GM: The Lizardman slashes away with its sword!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 ) for for Lobelia 90
Peter|GM: …But she parries!
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
Lobelia: "As you wish. I'll still take a shot if I see one line up, though!" Lobelia swings at the lizard from the left- no, that's not the left! An overhead swing slams down on it! [Flicker - C:Water]
Lobelia rolled d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for 100/30
Peter|GM: A critical slash!
Lobelia gets the spindle with a well-timed trigger pull! [Rapid Fire - 8 damage and Long K-Shatter]
Lobelia rolled 3d8+18 and got 7, 8, 2 ( Total: 35 ) for +4 combo +4 crit -1 intuition
Peter|GM: Strikes for 35!
Peter|GM: Round Three - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Spindle power doesn't work yet.
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Elbereth sends a final burst of water at the Lizard! [Witch Mode - Flood]
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 37 ( Total: 37 ) for Burst
Elbereth rolled d8+21 and got 1 ( Total: 22.0 )
Peter|GM: Blasts for 22, washing the lizard away into the pool below with a crack!
Peter|GM: It's slain!
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
Lobelia: "Well done, well done miss Elbereth. Let's take a look around and see if there's anything of worth up here." Lobelia strolls forward. Ah… Wait, right. Almost forgot. Lobelia swings at the spindle that she almost strolled right past. [Attack]
Lobelia rolled d100 and got 21 ( Total: 21 ) for 100/30
Lobelia rolled 2d8+14 and got 4, 1 ( Total: 19 )
Peter|GM: It explodes.
Peter|GM: THE COAST IS CLEAR. All threats have been eliminated and the Arcolith beckons. Got +4 EXP.
Elbereth: "I must inquire, Lady Wintervine. Did you like any of your instructors?"
Peter|GM: As the battle is ending, the amber light shifts to red. There's a distant siren, a rumbling, and the sound of running water -
Peter|GM: Below, a thick black carpet of horrid murk flushes through the pool at the base of the room, before continuing to drain to the south.
Peter|GM: The catwalk turns here, running to the north and the east.
Lobelia sighs audibly and leans against the wall, loading some fresh shells into her gun. "Well there was- uh. Well, I do believe we'll be taking a new and exciting route back to camp, won't we?"
Elbereth nods. "It would seem the water is tainted again, then. The unknown is the only path forward."
Elbereth makes her way north.
Peter|GM: The catwalk runs into a log-shaped room, through a short tunnel. It turns slowly, like a tumbler, the ridged walls lined with enormous, flat mushrooms.
Peter|GM: There's slight color variation in them - some whiter, some redder. There's a lot of them.
Lobelia follows. "I… Suppose… My horseback riding classes weren't particularly dreadful? An eighth child isn't prohibited from riding… Unless you complain enough about docile old mares and insist on a more lively ride. Then, your parents get informed of your 'unsightly behavior' and your 'expulsion from the class'. Only ever halfway learned to ride the bloody things, had to figure out the rest on my own."
Peter|GM: Through the bottom of the room, the murk is still flowing, coursing around some fallen crates - and a smashed automaton - trapped in the bottom of the room, just out of the way of all of the mushrooms.
Peter|GM: There's further passage north.
Elbereth smiles. "I recall a story once about how a traveler died eating the wrong mushroom. Perhaps you could put your expertise to use?"
Lobelia examines the mushrooms along the way, but shrugs. "Get a poet or a philosopher to come up with some awful reach like 'the glowing in the dark represents the author's… desire to be cared for,' or some bollocks like that. Then I might find out."
Lobelia continues northwards! She mumbles under her breath, "huh, is that Site A?"
Peter|GM: Soft and sponge-like. A column (a ring?) of the mushrooms are broken and ripped through, dying, where the turbine motion pulls them through the debris blockage.
Elbereth: "It is my understanding that we may be in a location between the two Sites at the moment. That alarm system was most curious."
Elbereth: "I do not think it was planned for any to enter through the drainage duct."
Peter|GM: Before leaving the darkness of the tunnel, Lobelia spies the room ahead. It's full of billowing clouds of hot mist, and she can spy three lizard soldiers in it.
Peter|GM: The red light from above turns amber - the distant siren ends.
Peter|GM: A massive cylinder in the center of the room suggests a tree-trunk, that runs even below the catwalk to an unseen floor below.
Lobelia holds a hand out to stop Elbereth. "Might want to see if we can sneak past, or turn back and try our luck on the other branch. Three lizards."
Elbereth nods in agreement. "I would hardly wish to bring back your corpse when you're part of such a large family, Lady Wintervine. The last encounter was essentially a two versus one against the lizard."
Elbereth surveys the area. The mist likely reduced visibility, but sneaking past with all three of them still seemed daring.
[OOC] Elbereth: Is that an actual tree trunk in the middle or just similar to one?
[OOC] Elbereth: Important question
Peter|GM: It's hard to see in the mist, but -
Peter|GM: - Yeah, there may be a giant tree in this room. The shape of it looks grown instead of sculpted, there's a bark texture on closer look.
Elbereth considers for a moment before nodding. "I believe I may be able to conjure up our distraction, Lady Wintervine. When the Lizards move to investigate we should be able to slip by."
Lobelia nods. "I'll follow your lead."
Elbereth: "The mist alone offers little visibility. To add smoke into the mix as well…"
Elbereth opens up her grimoire before uttering a quick chant. "ALLA LOD." She fans her arm and the giant tree in the center of the room lights ablaze. [Combustion Pattern - Alla Lod]
Elbereth rolled 6d6 and got 5, 5, 1, 3, 6, 5 ( Total: 25 )
[OOC] Elbereth: 4 successes
Peter|GM: It starts from the heart of the tree. A smouldering, a hissing, the steaming sound of wet wood cooking.
Peter|GM: The bark splits apart, sloughing off, revealing smouldering red-hot lines beneath.
Peter|GM: There is thick, thick black smoke, as the lizard soldiers run about in a panic, hurrying eastwards.
Elbereth nods to Lobelia before beginning to move again.
[OOC] Elbereth: How many exits to this room btw
Lobelia dashes onward! "That will do nicely."
Peter|GM: A circular platform is anchored to the now-burning dead massive dead tree.
Peter|GM: The smouldering is being kept down by the damp mist that fills the room, mingling with the heavy smoke.
Elbereth: "I admit I expected them to investigate as this tree should not have any reason to catch ablaze, but them running away may work as well."
Peter|GM: There's an exit to the east visible, and as you circle it - to the north, as well.
Elbereth: "Let us head north and not take our chances."
Peter|GM: Ah, and a ladder leading downwards, too.
Elbereth glances down below the walkway as she heads north. Not visible down there?
Lobelia: "As long as they're making way for us, my dear Elbereth, they could be marching off to a reptilian hat sale for all I care."
Peter|GM: No, not visible.
Peter|GM: The northern room.
Peter|GM: It's very dark.
Peter|GM: There's a faint, hot wind, blowing past your feet.
Elbereth smirks. "I would imagine some reptiles take their hat purveying very seriously, Lady Wintervine."
Elbereth slows her pace, trying to feel out the room.
Peter|GM: With steps, or reaching out with your hand?
[OOC] Elbereth: Both!
Lobelia keeps moving onward, tapping her axe blade on the ground in front of her before stepping in any given direction. "Let's hope there's some sort of lizard aristocracy, issuing edicts to redirect further budget away from patrols and towards making fancier hats."
Peter|GM: It slopes gently upwards. Running water can be heard beneath - the floor is slick, feeling like the same metal grille, but coated in a thick, springy coat of moss.
Peter|GM: Elbereth touches an obstruction ahead - solid, wet, slightly curved.
Elbereth: "I suppose it would be too hopeful to assume we had a workable torch after crawling through the water."
Elbereth: "Do you have anything we can light ablaze? The tree should still be on fire."
Elbereth pauses before taking the time to check if the [FIRE ORB] emits a bit of light.
Peter|GM: Indeed, it does:
Lobelia: "Don't believe I have anything on me… That rope should be as soggy as ropes get."
Peter|GM: It glints in the dozen milky eyes of the huge worm-like creature that is coiled up on the ramp in the darkness of the room, a huge-fanged wyrm that sloughs that horrid black murk from its pores, seeping down through the grate to the waters below.
Elbereth speaks up. "It would seem we have company, Lady Wintervine. This is the beast that has been polluting the water in Site B."
Lobelia stops dead in her tracks and turns back to Elbereth. Her eyes seem more red than usual in the flickering light of the orb, a slight grin appearing. "Want to put an end to the murk, or…?"
Elbereth: "No doubt the light has made us known. I'll follow your lead, Lady Wintervine."
Elbereth: "If nothing else, felling this beast should open up the way we came in."
Lobelia raises her weapon and faces the monster! "I was hoping you'd say that. Haven't had a single fight this trip where I could really let loose- maybe this bastard'll be different!"
Peter|GM: THE BATTLE BEGINS - VS. TREE WYRM
Peter|GM: The rows of clouded eyes on either side of the wyrm's massive maw focus, refocus, swivel at Lobelia.
Peter|GM: Lobelia gains drive!
Peter|GM: Round One - Stand strong!
Peter|GM: Both sets of eyes focus on Lobelia. Suddenly, she's in a strange, vertiginous pain. [Stare]x2
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 46, 22 ( Total: 68 ) for 100/25
Also rolled 1d8+18 and got 4 [Total: 22.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 90.0, Avg: 24.00
Peter|GM: …Hurts for 22 and 24 Water damage!
[OOC] Peter|GM: C-Water] - Suddenly, she's nauseated. Short Shock II!
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Elbereth stares down the Tree Wyrm. [Sixth Sense - Reveal the weakness!]
Peter|GM: Fears Fire!
Lobelia: "…ow!" Lobelia puts her free hand on her head, steadying herself. "Glad I took that medicine… We got any other recovery on us besides that, though?"
Elbereth: "I was carrying the orbs, at least."
Elbereth nods to Lobelia before she fans her grimoires pages calling upon a raging [Inferno] that engulfs the enemy.
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 92 ( Total: 92 ) for burst check
Elbereth rolled d6+15 and got 1 ( Total: 16.0 )
Peter|GM: That's T:Double, right? Targeting who?
[OOC] Elbereth: Tree and A. Also whoops extra d6 as I'm using the Fire Orb since I had it out anyways.
Elbereth rolled d6 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
[OOC] Elbereth: Oh wait nvm that's not what orbs do. I'll just take the 1
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness for 17 to the Wyrm! Eyes don't fear fire - hits for 12!
Peter|GM: The left eyes blink shut, watering at the heat!
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
Lobelia slides out of the right eye's glare, starting to approach the left eye to swing, but… slips over to the right instead, slamming her axe down on the right eye! [Flicker]
Lobelia rolled d100+30 and got 79 ( Total: 109 )
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
[OOC] Elbereth: 109 is def not a hit.
Peter|GM: …Oh, right. No, it's not a hit!
[OOC] Lobelia: does the triple LP bonus apply to this roll too?
[OOC] Peter|GM: Nope, it's for dodging
[OOC] Lobelia: if not then I'm burning 3 LP instead of 1, that eyelid needs to get shut
[OOC] Peter|GM: -3 LP
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Peter|GM: The right eyes water and shut as they're hit!
Lobelia rolled 1d8+10 and got 7 ( Total: 17 )
Peter|GM: 17!
Peter|GM: The Wyrm inhales… [Q - Acclimatize] …The power of fire weakens!
Peter|GM: The Wyrm snaps forward, massive slavering fangs chomping blindly for Lobelia! [Cursed Thrash]
Peter|GM rolled 3d100 and got 61, 71, 96 ( Total: 228 ) for 30/0
Peter|GM: Round Two - Stand strong!
Peter|GM: The Wyrm's eyes are absorbing firey manna… [Short Fire Absorb]
Peter|GM: They swivel to point at Lobelia! It hurts!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 34, 57 ( Total: 91 ) for Stare 100/25
Peter|GM rolled 1d8+18 and got 5 ( Total: 23.0 )
[OOC] Lobelia: dodging that 57, -2 LP
Peter|GM: For 23 Water damage - she evades the second!
Peter|GM: Phew, the nausea passes. [Dodged the Shock!!]
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Elbereth dashes to the front lines to help fend off Lobelia's attackers. In her hand air distorts and with a swing an arc of wind shoots forward cutting into Blind Eye A. [Gale Slash]
Peter|GM: Slices - but it's resistant!
Elbereth rolled 2d6+5 and got 2, 2 ( Total: 9.0 )
Peter|GM: 9! The left eyes shut!
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
Lobelia grits her teeth and rushes the right eyes once again, keeping moving, staying hard to track! [Flicker]
Lobelia rolled d100 and got 99 ( Total: 99 )
[OOC] Lobelia: -1 LP, greataxes are good
Peter|GM: Slash!
Peter|GM: They blink shut - it's a hit!
Lobelia rolled 1d8+10 and got 3 ( Total: 13 )
Peter|GM: 13!
Peter|GM: The Dragon snaps forward, lunging for Elbereth! [Cursed Thrash]
Peter|GM rolled 3d100 and got 81, 22, 2 ( Total: 105 ) for 30/0
Elbereth expends 4 LP to dodge that.
Peter|GM: She slips out of its slavering jaws just before they shut, skidding down along the moss-covered ramp. This horrible thing!
Peter|GM: Round Three - Stand strong!
Peter|GM: The milky coating parts from the eyes, revealing searing, reptilian eyes, boiling with energy. [OD - Curse][Stare][OD - Curse][Stare]. The left focus on Elbereth, the right on Lobelia!
Peter|GM rolled 2#2d100(1) and got 10, 93 ( Total: 103 ) for 100/25
Also rolled 2#2d100(2) and got 45, 79 [Total: 124 (High), Avg: 62.00]
Total: 227, Avg: 56.75
Peter|GM rolled 1d8+18 and got 3 ( Total: 21.0 )
[OOC] Lobelia: -1 LP
Elbereth spends an LP to dodge the 93
[OOC] Lobelia: by that I mean -2 to dodge both
Peter|GM: (45+30 is 75, so it'd be a total of -3 to dodge both, right?))
Peter|GM: Elbereth is Long Cursed I!
[OOC] Lobelia: oh, my brain parsed it oddly, -3 it is then
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Elbereth calls upon a raging Inferno, one much larger than the last. It sweeps across the enemy lines. [Inferno - Witch Mode | Activating a charge on Fire Orb for +5 damage]
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness on the Tree Wyrm!
Peter|GM: Both pairs of eyes water and shut!
Elbereth rolled d8+23 and got 6 ( Total: 29.0 ) for -5 for eyes
Peter|GM: 24, 29, 24!
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
Lobelia takes a deep breath and clenches her teeth, forming a grin and diving at the right eye! "If you stop opening this bloody peeper, I'll stop smashing it! Got that?!" [Advance]
Lobelia rolled d100 and got 59 ( Total: 59 ) for 90/20
Peter|GM: Strikes!
Lobelia rolled d8+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12 )
Peter|GM: The right eyes start oozing murk - they're Dazed!
Peter|GM: That's Quicken 1, right Lobelia?
[OOC] Lobelia: yeah, I already booped the up
Peter|GM: The Tree Wyrm lunges at Elbereth! [Cursed Thrash]
Peter|GM rolled 3d100 and got 91, 31, 23 ( Total: 145 ) for 30/0
Elbereth expends 1 LP to dodge.
Elbereth takes 6 damage!
Peter|GM: The Tree Wyrm sighs in deep, reverberating pain. The murk begins oozing faster and faster from the right eyes, whereas the left set pick up a horrid glow…
[OOC] Peter|GM: WARNING - Incoming Overdrive!!
Peter|GM: Round Four - Stand strong!
Peter|GM: Eye A is out of energy!
Peter|GM: Foul murk flows in thick sheets along the floor. [True Strike: 4 Water] to Elbereth and Lobelia!
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
Lobelia glares at the left eye and levels her gun at it, aiming carefully… Then decides against it, turns to the wyrm's head, and smacks it on the nose with her axe instead! [Snipe] [With An Axe]
Lobelia rolled d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 )
[OOC] Lobelia: -1 LP…
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Lobelia rolled d8+10 and got 4 ( Total: 14 )
Peter|GM: 14! Elbereth!
Elbereth starts to chant, a giant pillar of water sprouting beneath the wyrm! [Flood - Witch Mode | Resistant?]
[OOC] Peter|GM: Resistant!
Elbereth rolled 2d8+10 and got 5, 1 ( Total: 16.0 ) for -6 drive
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 60 ( Total: 60 ) for burst check
[OOC] Elbereth: Fuck that's 2d10 can I reroll
[OOC] Elbereth: I'm bad at orbs
[OOC] Peter|GM: sure yeah
Elbereth rolled 2d10+10 and got 4, 6 ( Total: 20.0 )
Peter|GM: The Wyrm snarls and snaps - 20! - as the flood washes through it!
Peter|GM: It's suppressed!
Peter|GM: It swivels its left eyes onto Elbereth and snaps into her!
Peter|GM rolled 3d100 and got 99, 57, 9 ( Total: 165 ) for 60/30
Elbereth expends 1 LP to dodge 1 hit.
Peter|GM rolled 3d10+15 and got 3, 8, 7 ( Total: 33.0 )
Peter|GM: Critically strikes her with the last of three snaps for 33 damage!
[OOC] Elbereth: Is that a crit still with an LP
[OOC] Elbereth: Oh 60/30
[OOC] Elbereth: Yeah ok eating it
Peter|GM: Round Five - Stand Strong!
Peter|GM: The left eye [OD - Curses] Lobelia!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM: Inflicting Long Curse I!
Peter|GM: A wave of murk hits the party for [4 True Water].
[OOC] Lobelia: -3 LP to avoid!
Peter|GM: Dodged it!
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
Lobelia takes a step back from the creature, glancing back at Elbereth. She nods. "Think we ought to have tried the other passage. I'm going for it at the count of 3- we come back with the others, and we finish this job." Despite gritted teeth, she smiles. "One, two…"
Peter|GM: …Three: Make a break for it!
Lobelia: "…three!" Lobelia steps back, waving her weapon at the creature and firing a warning shot, then gets to a good distance before turning and sprinting!
Elbereth sprints after Lobelia. "My. This is rather exciting, isn't it? I haven't been in this dangerous of a situation in many years."
Peter|GM: The wyrm gives chase -
Peter|GM: smashing through the mist-clogged tree-room,
Peter|GM: Stumbling as it smashes through the cat-walk of the mushroom tumbler,
Peter|GM: And crashing through the catwalk on the other end.
Peter|GM: The murk below seems… clear-ish, at least.
Peter|GM: Going to try to escape the way you came?
Elbereth takes a moment to catch her breath. "… did. Did you want to see if the other path led to a potentially less calcifying option, Lady Wintervine?"
Peter|GM: You can hear it. It has to climb out of the tumbler - and it's clumsy at it - but it's still after you.
Lobelia: "Ha… Hahahaha!" Lobelia continues, though the situation doesn't seem very humorous. "Haaa… I almost got angry about it for a minute, but you're right." She stops at the room we began from- "Alright. Let's do that." Between heavy breaths- "can you plug the tunnel behind us? With ice?"
Elbereth shakes her head. "I am afraid I cannot."
Elbereth: "I am capable of materializing a defensive barrier that it cannot pass, but it would require me to stand on the other side of it and not move."
Elbereth: "Should the path lead to a dead end, we would be cornered."
Elbereth: "We may wish to risk the duct."
Lobelia: "Alright then, let's go for it. I do say I've caught my breath." Lobelia hops over the side of the raised pathway and makes for the water duct.
Peter|GM: …You manage to escape.
Peter|GM: Understanding the dangers of the Arcolith a bit better… you continue through the garden, undisturbed, to the camp.
Peter|GM: How did such a terrible beast come to dwell within the city of the Patrons?
Peter|GM: A MOMENT'S RESPITE, BEFORE FURTHER TRIALS.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License