Ch1 7

Peter|GM: THE ARCOLITH "FILIOS" , SITE A.
Peter|GM: Before the party stands a terrible enemy, an ancient Flame Gigas -
Peter|GM: Assisted by three animate statues, it prepares to do battle.
Folis: "Oh… this might get more than a little rough."
Peter|GM: If you are courageous and well-prepared, then gather your courage and give battle!
Peter|GM: THE BATTLE BEGINS - VS. FLAME GIGAS.
Peter|GM: Driftin may Quicken!
Peter|GM: Humans gain Drive!
Peter|GM: An [Unquenchable Fire] burns in the Flame Gigas' belly, making it especially dangerous!
Folis takes a sharp breath, then cuts ahead in battle. [Quicken 2]
Peter|GM: Its voice is tremendous. "I'll burn your bones and bury the ashes."
Peter|GM: Round One - Stand strong!
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Not today!" Santiago strikes towards Chess Knight A, blade swinging in a bright arc as he strikes. "And I fear we all have appointments tomorrow!"
Lady Elizabeth: "Mm."
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Fighting Spirit vs Chess Knight A. Who wants Lucky and Focus?
Peter|GM: The statue stands as tall as Santiago, carved of polished brownstone, with a marble-white horn.
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 41 ( Total: 41 ) for cos 80
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+8 and got 4 ( Total: 12.0 )
[OOC] Lady Elizabeth: I'll take it
Peter|GM: Hits! 12! Let me know what ally you pick!
Peter|GM: It rocks back and forth in the aftermath, making a rumbling whinny noise. Its side is chipped.
Peter|GM: Elizabeth gains Short Lucky & Short Focus!
Peter|GM: Chess Knight B hops back and forth this way and that - L shaped, naturally! - and then swivels to point at Folis. There's an echoing ticking noise, the spinning and slowing of yellow phantom hands… [Speed Down]
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 10 ( Total: 10 ) for C100/25
Folis yowls in annoyance but that was legitimately a good hit.
Peter|GM: …She's slowed, inflicting Slow 3, Short Shock II, and Short Curse II!
Peter|GM: The Stone Bishop swivels and wobbles in Knight A's direction, invoking a [Barrier] around it!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 93 ( Total: 93 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM: Gains a barrier (10)!
Folis: "Wrrrr-rrrrr-rrrh…"
Lady Elizabeth: "Hum."
Peter|GM: The other Chess Knight hops this way and that, then tries to spear Santiago with her horn!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 7 ( Total: 7 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+14 and got 4 ( Total: 18.0 )
Peter|GM: Inflicting 18 physical damage!
Peter|GM: It stands ready! [Generated M-Pin!]
Peter|GM: The Flame Gigas wades in, fists swinging at Folis and Echo!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 3, 10 ( Total: 13 ) for C90
Peter|GM rolled 2d10+12 and got 9, 10 ( Total: 31.0 )
Peter|GM: Hitting both for 31 physical damage!
Folis: "Hggg-g-g-g-g-g- OWWW!"
Peter|GM: It grabs Chess Knight A [C-Pin!!] and slams it down into the ground, by the horn.
Folis: "You- you jackass!"
Peter|GM: …It sticks out of the ground upside-down by its horn, and begins glowing a ferocious red.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "hmm. HMM."
Echo blocks some of it on his shield. [-20]
Peter|GM: Folis!
Lady Elizabeth tilts her head to the side.
Folis: "Alright, alright… breathe, Folis, breathe… you're getting nowhere like this." She clutches briefly at the amber beaded pendant she's wearing, and there's a brief gust of wind, calming. [True Heal +6] Then she takes up a defensive position, ready to parry. [Defend]
[OOC] Peter|GM: Quickening 1?
Peter|GM: Alianor!
[OOC] Folis: Hmm yeah sure
Lady Elizabeth shakes her head. "Folis, this thing ain't that much scarier than onna them big fuckers with the sword. Keep blastin' and thin out the crowd, we got this!"
Alianor hits a few dials [Lightning in a Bottle] before letting out a burst at the Bishop! [Semi-Auto]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 53 ( Total: 53 ) for 80/40
Alianor rolled 1d8+8 and got 8 ( Total: 16.0 )
Folis: "Yeah… yeah okay. Alright! I can do this…!"
Peter|GM: Blazes for 16!
Peter|GM: Echo!
Echo calls up an Air spirit! [Q: Mystic's Beads, M-Air]
Echo then calls down flame on both the Flame Gigas and the Stone Bishop! [Supressing Fire, C Rush]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 80 ( Total: 80 )
True strikes for 3 fire damage, Long Challenge, and Short Burning II!
Peter|GM: Both resist fire! They're Challenged!
Peter|GM: Elizabeth!
Lady Elizabeth rolls her shoulder before unslinging her rifle and taking a shot at the Giga's belly. [Eliminate - Air Combo]
Lady Elizabeth rolled d100 and got 96 ( Total: 96 ) for 80
[OOC] Lady Elizabeth: -2LP
Lady Elizabeth rolled d6+16 and got 4 ( Total: 20 ) for Long Shock II
Peter|GM: Hits for 20! Long Shock II!
[OOC] Lady Elizabeth: wait only 1 LP I'm dumb
[OOC] Peter|GM: oh are you CoS90?
[OOC] Lady Elizabeth: lucky
[OOC] Peter|GM: <3
Peter|GM: Chess Knight A, planted horn-first in the ground, begins wiggling, and wiggling, and glowing… and then explodes!
Peter|GM: Inflicting 10 true Fire to the front row!
[OOC] Peter|GM: Unquenchable Fire] …And Long E-Shatter II!
Folis: "… I ain't feelin' so hot… ha ha… I'm so funny…"
Peter|GM: Round Two - stand strong!
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Le Masked Buccaneer: "That seemed most effacious, Elizabeth Perhaps…" Santiago springs for the Gigas, moving as though he's wearing….well, something much lighter than an ancient casque of armor that's currently on fire…as he strikes! "Again?"
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Quick switch! Switching myself and Elizabeth, and giving +2 drive to Folis. then, piledriver against Gigas!)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 69 ( Total: 69 ) for cos 80
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Cos 70, actually >.>;;; that was close
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+8 and got 6 ( Total: 14 )
Peter|GM: Folis gains Drive from Santiago!
Peter|GM: 14!
Peter|GM: Elizabeth!
[OOC] Peter|GM: Make sure to add momentum!
Peter|GM: The Gigas wrestles and grapples with Santiago, but - miraculously, the buccanneer manages to get the upper hand, slamming the giant down into the ground!
Peter|GM: He picks himself up in a few moments, but he's massively slowed!
Lady Elizabeth reaches behind her back for a second, then pulls out a [Grenade] and hurls it into the enemy group, before the Bishop can put up another Barrier!
[OOC] Lady Elizabeth: 10] Physical to all!
Peter|GM: Blam!
Folis: "Whoa!"
Peter|GM: The Chess Knights stab Echo and Santiago with their horns!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 92, 44 ( Total: 136 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+14 and got 10 ( Total: 24.0 )
Peter|GM: Inflicting 24 physical damage to Santiago - Echo blocks!
Peter|GM: The Bishop invokes [Remedy], invoking curative Manna over the Flame Gigas!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 20 ( Total: 20 ) for C100/25
Lady Elizabeth: "Dammit."
Peter|GM: It cures it of Shock II, and grants Long Energize!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis: "Wrrrrr-"
Folis forms up a ball of rose-shaped ice, particularly thorny this time, and hurls it straight into the Stone Bishop! [Frozen Rose]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 74 ( Total: 74 ) for 100/35
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness!
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Not a fan of this game!"
[OOC] Folis: Also invoking Pin+4, for +10 bursts against this target
Folis rolled 1d8+10+5+4 and got 2 ( Total: 21.0 )
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Murder chess, I mean."
Peter|GM: 21!
Peter|GM: "I find it is very elegant," the Gigas declares, as it spits ice shards from the smouldering mouth of its shadowy face.
Lady Elizabeth: "I thought pirates loved stupid, exhilirating things like that?"
Peter|GM: Alianor!
[OOC] Folis: Bishop, not Gigas.
[OOC] Peter|GM: …Oh, I'm sorry!
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Yes, but I'm absolutely awful at chess!"
Peter|GM: No weakness, then - 16!
Le Masked Buccaneer: "More of a cards man, really."
Lady Elizabeth: "Ah, stands to reason then."
Alianor paints the Bishop with a red beam before firing! [Laser Sighted]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 59 ( Total: 59 ) for 100/40
[OOC] Alianor: -2 LP to crit
Alianor rolled 2d8+14 and got 1, 4 ( Total: 19.0 )
Peter|GM: It's a critical hit!
Peter|GM: 19!
Peter|GM: Echo!
Echo calls up a protective spirit over Folis! [Q: Aegis - Bubble (10)]
Echo then steps forward and smashes his club into Chess Knight A! [Iron Driver]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 )
Echo rolled d6+12 and got 3 ( Total: 15.0 ) for Bubble (10) for self
Peter|GM: The Flame Gigas stands up, gathers energy in its fist, and then crushes it, invoking [Magma Wave]! A crash of phantom lava rolls through Echo and Elizabeth!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM rolled 1d8+23 and got 4 ( Total: 27.0 ) for into E-Shatter II vs. Echo, against Challenge to Elizabeth
Also rolled 1d8+11 and got 5 [Total: 16.0 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 43.0, Avg: 4.50
Peter|GM: Inflicting 27 Fire to Echo and 16 Fire to Elizabeth!
Peter|GM: The heat of the [Unquenchable Fire] -
Peter|GM: They're Long Burning II & Long Taunt II!
Peter|GM: "Become ashes." The Gigas says.
Echo blocks most of that! [-10 shield, -10 bubble]
Lady Elizabeth: "In a bit."
Folis: "Captain!"
Peter|GM: Round three - stand strong!
Peter|GM: Elizabeth!
Lady Elizabeth lets out a puff of air while doing some mental caculations [Flawless], then [Advance]s upon Chess Knight A.
Lady Elizabeth rolled 2d6+8 and got 3, 3 ( Total: 14 ) for 1Stack
Lady Elizabeth then spins around and fires her pistol into the Biship before sliding back towards Echo.
[OOC] Lady Elizabeth: 6
Peter|GM: 14! 6! It's defeated! Burning II and Taunt II both activate!
Lady Elizabeth drops down to a knee, looking from side to side. "Alright, keep goin'!"
Peter|GM: "Certainly brave," rumbles the Gigas.
Folis lets out a low, rumbling growl as she holds her position.
Peter|GM: The Chess Knights both glow and dash forward, slashing in L-shapes across the front row! [OD - Knight Move]
Peter|GM rolled 2#3d100(1) and got 41, 3, 77 ( Total: 121 ) for Echo Santiago Folis C80
Also rolled 2#3d100(2) and got 8, 69, 25 [Total: 102 (Low), Avg: 34.00]
Total: 223, Avg: 37.17
Peter|GM rolled 1d8+10 and got 4 ( Total: 14.0 )
Peter|GM: Striking the three of them for 14 physical damage, twice!
Peter|GM: They proudly slam back in place and spin. [Enemy front rank gains Long K-Guard I!]
Folis swats the knights away as they mostly bounce off Echo's barrier.
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Going to spend 2 LP to dodge that second hit)
Peter|GM: (You got it!)
Peter|GM: The Knights then invoke [Speed Down] on Echo and Alianor!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 36, 73 ( Total: 109 ) for C100/25
Peter|GM: Inflicting Slow 3, Short Shock II, and Short Curse II!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis darts sideways, letting the second hit smash into the barrier. [-1 LP to dodge one of those hits up there]
Folis also leaps slightly ahead of the battle due to luck! [Quicken 1]
Folis: "Maiden help me, I'm going to need all the help I can get…!" She charges up a [Shooting Star] shot, and blasts away into Chess Knight A!
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 69 ( Total: 69 ) for 100/35
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Folis rolled 1d10+14+3+4 and got 5 ( Total: 26.0 ) for invoking Rush
Folis uses the brief confusion to dart ahead even more! [Quicken effect]
Peter|GM: Hits for 26!
Peter|GM: Its horn is chipped, sections of it fall apart as the starlight punches a hole through it.
Folis: "Why won't you just die…?"
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Le Masked Buccaneer breaks into a run, ragged at first from the previous attack, but then steadying as he nears Knight A once more. "Perhaps not as dangerous as folis, but, I shall cut us a path forward!" He strikes, moving past it as he blow lands/
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 94 ( Total: 94 ) for 80
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Boo, spending two LP; Fighting Spirit)
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Le Masked Buccaneer: (And going to use Rejuvenate)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+8 and got 4 ( Total: 12 )
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Lucky and Focused to Alianor)
Peter|GM: 12! The Victorieuse shines - [Rejuvenate!]
Peter|GM: The Flame Gigas wades in swinging, with a punch for Echo and Folis both!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 62, 34 ( Total: 96 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 2d10+12 and got 1, 2 ( Total: 15.0 )
Also rolled 2d10+6 and got 4, 5 [Total: 15.0 (Low), Avg: 4.50]
Total: 30.0, Avg: 3.00
Peter|GM: Inflicting 15 physical damage to Echo and 9 physical damage to Folis!
[OOC] Peter|GM: …I don't really get to reroll~
Folis: "Hff-"
Peter|GM: The Flame Gigas raises both of its fists, gathering tremendous power! [WARNING: Incoming Overdrive!!]
Folis: "It's… it's still okay. I…"
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Folis: "… I don't want…. this…"
Echo dodges. [-2 LP]
Peter|GM: It slams its fist down, but can't smash through Echo's shield! It smashes again and again, every blow parried.
Peter|GM: "Troublesome bear!"
[OOC] Echo: NO I'M NOT SPENDING LP
[OOC] Peter|GM: OH because you're Cursed!!!
[OOC] Echo: if it was Curse I, I would :'D
Alianor furrows her brow, lining up that red beam again on Knight A. [Laser Sighted]
Alianor rolled 1d100+15 and got 67 ( Total: 82.0 ) for 120/40
Peter|GM: …Until one of the hits smashes through, and Echo takes the hit after all.
Peter|GM: Alianor lands the hit!
Alianor rolled 1d8+8 and got 4 ( Total: 12.0 )
[OOC] Peter|GM: That's a hit over 80, so I think you regain LP?
[OOC] Alianor: +1 LP for hitting on 81+
Peter|GM: 12!
Peter|GM: Echo!
Echo takes up a defensive posture. [Defend - +10 HP, cleanses Burning, refreshes Shield, Quickens 1] [-12 from Taunt]
Peter|GM: Round four - stand strong!
Peter|GM: Elizabeth, hang in there!
Lady Elizabeth gives her head a shake before unloading a round from her pistol into Knight A. "Yeah no fuck that." [Backup Fire]
Lady Elizabeth rolled d100 and got 8 ( Total: 8 ) for 80
Lady Elizabeth rolled d6+6 and got 3 ( Total: 9 )
Peter|GM: 9! It's taken out!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis: "I… I need to… I should… you… you're not going to… I won't let you!" Taking a drastic chance, Folis whirls up an icy storm of thorns, waiting, waiting, aiming… sending them flying directly into the glowing eye-sections of the statue! [Frozen Rose]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 81 ( Total: 81 ) for 100/35
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
[OOC] Folis: No weakness against the Gigas?
[OOC] Folis: I shoulda specified.
Lady Elizabeth: "Yeah just stay focused, we're fine."
Peter|GM: Oh, sorry, you said "statue" . Hits the weakness vs. Gigas!
Folis rolled 1d10+10+5 and got 1 ( Total: 16.0 )
Peter|GM: 16!
Peter|GM: With blazing hands, the Gigas wipes the ice away from its face.
Peter|GM: It crushes one of its fists. It crushes the other, to the other side.
Peter|GM: "This fire burning in me…"
Peter|GM: "…Will outlast the end of civilization itself."
Folis shivers as a slight mist starts forming around her. But this is no cold, she's shaking with rage.
[OOC] Peter|GM: OD - Exploder - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRe_CBZaVsE
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 72 ( Total: 72 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM rolled 1d8+14 and got 3 ( Total: 17.0 )
Peter|GM: Massive detonations rock the field, striking all targets for 17 magical Fire damage!
Peter|GM: The [Unquenchable Fire] roars - everyone is Long Burning II!
Folis slams down her staff in absolute refusal. [-3 LP]
Folis: "No."
Echo blocks with his shield. [-3 LP]
[OOC] Peter|GM: You wanna divide that up between the two of you?
[OOC] Echo: I can do 1, only need 1 Drive to OD next turn
[OOC] Peter|GM: Folis can take the other 2!
Folis: "No, no, no, no, no. NO."
Peter|GM: Staff and shield slam down -
Peter|GM: A tremendous wave of manna holds back the spell!
Peter|GM: "You troublesome animals!" shouts the Gigas.
Peter|GM: It goes in swinging, punching Echo and Folis!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 53, 37 ( Total: 90 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 2d10+12 and got 5, 8 ( Total: 25.0 )
Peter|GM: Striking each for 25 physical damage!
Peter|GM: …Oh, I'm sorry.
Peter|GM: Hold on that turn - I think I accidentally skipped Santiago!
Peter|GM: (Time unwinds…)
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Chess Knight B is first
[OOC] Folis: Mysterious time stream rewinds you.
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Did Folis's attack not generated any momentum, BTW?
[OOC] Peter|GM: Generates Water!
[OOC] Folis: It did, sorry.
[OOC] Folis: I'm tense! Haha.
Peter|GM: The Knight jumps for Santiago!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 9 ( Total: 9 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+14 and got 7 ( Total: 21.0 )
Peter|GM: Striking for 21 physical damage.
Peter|GM: Now Santiago acts!
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Sugar, we need to talk about these low numbers on attacks
Le Masked Buccaneer staggers back, grabbing onto the knight's horn. "Enough of this! I shall produce…a trump!" It's kind of weak for a gaming metaphor, but Santiago is going to stick with it. He frees a hand to grasp one of his armor's carvings, pulling off a full raincloud, and letting it drift towards Alianor . As it does, it sheds killing rain, whipping towards the Gigas and remaining construct.
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Elemental Saber: Water, using that momentum to c-combo [that doesn't trigger the sword's ability, does it?] and do 6 Water damage to each of 'em))
[OOC] Peter|GM: It doesn't, the spell doesn't use the sword!
Peter|GM: Water strikes the Gigas for 11 and the Knight for 5!
Echo manages to glance the blows from the Gigas off his shield this time! [-3 LP]
Peter|GM: Time winds forward again, and the Gigas turn kicks in - yup!
Peter|GM: Echo!
Peter|GM: I mean, 6 to the Knight.
Echo roars loudly, swinging fiercly at Flame Gigas with his club! [OD: Ferocity - https://youtu.be/4UwIP-gsHHY ]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 37 ( Total: 37 )
Echo rolled 3d6+12 and got 1, 6, 4 ( Total: 23.0 ) for Inflicts Short K-Shatter and Short E-Shatter!
Peter|GM: Wham! Hits for 20!
Echo then calms down a bit and drinks a potion. [+50 HP & +5 MP!]
Peter|GM: Cracks spider along the Gigas, as chunks of fired clay fall from its body, slipping out of the cloth it's shrouded in.
Peter|GM: Inside its belly, a massive, roaring flame, so bright that it casts massive shadows of the whole party against the far wall!
[OOC] Peter|GM: No mortal magic can douse the Unquenchable Flame.
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Alianor can't do much with Santiago's boon just yet, reloading Priscilla currently. [Defend]
Peter|GM: Quicken 1, if you wish!
Peter|GM: Round five - stand strong!
Peter|GM: Elizabeth!
[OOC] Alianor: Not going to Quicken
Lady Elizabeth stares down the remaining Knight, [Glare]ing at it.
[OOC] Lady Elizabeth: Short K/E-Falter
Peter|GM: It whinnies a "who me?" sort of whinny. [Faltered.]
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis snaps her fingers, igniting embers all around her. [Release: Phoenix Tail is now in Witch Mode.] Then she slams her staff into the floor again before taking a defensive position again - she -needs- to survive this. [Defend, no quicken]
Peter|GM: Chess Knight B executes the [OD - Knight Move], slashing across the front line!
Peter|GM rolled 3d100 and got 36, 1, 21 ( Total: 58 ) for C80 Santiago Echo Folis
Peter|GM rolled 1d8+7 and got 7 ( Total: 14.0 )
Peter|GM: Inflicting 14 physical damage to the three of them!
Echo blocks some of it. [-10]
Peter|GM: Folis!
Peter|GM: (Time unwinds, defend taken back)
Folis unleashes a hellish flame toward Chess Knight B! [Phoenix Tail]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 ) for 100/35
Peter|GM: It's a burst!
Peter|GM: Hits the resistance!
Folis rolled 2d12+10+4 and got 7, 11 ( Total: 32.0 )
Peter|GM: Reduced by the resistance for 27!
[OOC] Folis: I factored it in.
[OOC] Folis: +5 burst, -5 resist.
[OOC] Peter|GM: ah rad <3
Peter|GM: 32!
Peter|GM: Time winds forward!
Peter|GM: After Overdriving, the Knight stabs Folis!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 96 ( Total: 96 ) for C80
Peter|GM: But can't catch her!
Folis: "N o ."
Peter|GM: It stands ready!
[OOC] Peter|GM: M-Pin
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Le Masked Buccaneer is following the knight's movement back as it completes its cut, striking as it misses Folis. "Alianor, I do hope that device is ready to fire once more!"
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Fighting Spirit vs the Knight!
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 10 ( Total: 10 ) for 80
Alianor: "Priscilla's all good to go now, yes!"
Peter|GM: It's a hit - and with a bit of luck, it could be a critical!
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Is that 1 or 2 LP?)
Peter|GM: ( 1 LP, since a 0 is a crit!)
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Wasn't sure if it was 0 or less than 0!)
Peter|GM: (Critical hits add +1dx+4.)
Le Masked Buccaneer: (So I shall spend the 1!)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 2d6+12 and got 1, 4 ( Total: 17 )
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: And Lucky+Focused on Alianor)
Peter|GM: 14!
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Oh! And rejuv myself once more, sweet sword!
[OOC] Peter|GM: Rejuvenate!
Peter|GM: Flame Gigas goes in swinging, with a punch for Echo and Folis both!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 45, 91 ( Total: 136 ) for C80
Peter|GM rolled 2d10+12 and got 5, 6 ( Total: 23.0 )
Peter|GM: Hitting Echo for 23 physical damage!
Peter|GM: It grabs Chess Knight B and plants it in the ground upside down - [C-Pin]!
Echo blocks most of it. [-20]
Folis: "Whyyyyyy do you bother."
Peter|GM: …And it begins glowing again, probably due to explode!
Peter|GM: The Gigas looks down at Folis. "Why do you?"
Peter|GM: It raises its two hands… [WARNING: Incoming Overdrive!!]
Peter|GM: Echo!
Folis: "Because…"
Folis glances over to the captain. "… Because."
Peter|GM: "Others will let you down, little animal. Fire alone burns true."
Peter|GM: "That is the lesson of the gift that I am."
Folis: "I don't care."
Peter|GM: "So be it. Let our hearts be made of stone together."
Le Masked Buccaneer is impressed beneath the mask. That was a really good line.
Echo takes up a solid stance again. [Defend. Quicken 1, +10 HP, refreshes shield blocks] [-12 from Taunt]
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Alianor enages [Lock On] for the Flame Gigas, but lets out a burst at the Chess Knight instead! [Semi-Auto, C-Fire]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 8 ( Total: 8 ) for 100/60
Peter|GM: It's a critical hit!
Alianor rolled 2d8+18 and got 2, 1 ( Total: 21.0 )
[OOC] Alianor: Also True Strike 5 Water
Peter|GM: 18! 5!
Peter|GM: The shots rip through it.
Peter|GM: The Knight's horn flops over, half-severed.
Peter|GM: Round six - stand strong!
Peter|GM: Elizabeth, hang in there!
Lady Elizabeth: "Aaand no for you too." Elizabeth bring her rifle back up before taking at shot at the Knight. [Backup Fire]
Lady Elizabeth rolled d100 and got 46 ( Total: 46 ) for 70
Lady Elizabeth rolled d6+10 and got 5 ( Total: 15 )
Peter|GM: 12! It's slain!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Peter|GM: The tide of the battle turns!
Peter|GM: Oh, by the way: When Alianor shot at the Chess Knight, it flipped it back out of the ground, which countered the explosion.
Peter|GM: Sort of forgot about that mechanic for a second. Sorry!
Folis points at the Gigas, ancient magic flaring up around her. [ Witching Hour - http://www.geocities.jp/presence_of_music/music/Enemy.mp3 ]
Folis: 「Stop。」▽
Folis: In an instant, the room is engulfed in darkness, save for herself and the glowing flame of the Gigas. But in an instant, thousands and thousands of little white motes spring into being, rushing toward the Gigas - building up toward critical mass, into a blinding explosion that returns the field of battle to its usual presence… [31 Supreme Damage]
Folis: Folis snaps back to reality, following up with a freezing ball of magic right to the Gigas's gut! [Frozen Rose]
Peter|GM: Pierces true for 31!
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 56 ( Total: 56 ) for 100/35
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness!
Folis rolled 1d10+15 and got 8 ( Total: 23.0 )
Peter|GM: 23!
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Folis: "(… that's it… that's all I've got left… please help us carry this through…)"
Peter|GM: The Gigas gets up from a knee, magical cracks still spidering through it.
Peter|GM: It drools a trickle of molten metal for a moment, before wiping it away to spatter on the wall.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Ah, but stone shatters…" He rushes forward as Folis's explosion clears, eyes squinting behind his mask, and strikes in its wake. "Alianor! Let's punch a hole right through it!"
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 99 ( Total: 99 ) for Cos 80 FIGHTING SPIRIT
Le Masked Buccaneer: (:| Two LP)
Alianor: "Oh trust me, Priscilla's quite ready for that!"
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+8 and got 5 ( Total: 13.0 ) for And a Lucky and Focused on Alianor
Peter|GM: 10!
Peter|GM: Echo!
Peter|GM: "Shattered stone…" It swats at Santiago, trying to keep him back. "…Is stone still!"
Folis: "Shattered stone… all the easier to grind into dust."
Echo swings his club at the Flame Gigas solidly! [Iron Driver]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 56 ( Total: 56 )
Echo rolled d6+12 and got 3 ( Total: 15.0 ) for Bubble (10) on self
Folis: "And from that dust, can be made new forms…"
Peter|GM: Slams into it for 12!
Peter|GM: The Gigas raises one blazing fist - SLAM. And another - SLAM! [OD - Exploder]
Peter|GM: Massive explosions rock the party!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM rolled 1d8+17 and got 4 ( Total: 21.0 )
Peter|GM: Inflicting 21 Fire damage and Long Burning II to the party - 27 to the shattered, of course!
Echo blocks it partially with his shield! [-3 LP]
Alianor lets of a blast of steam to deflect it as she revs up Priscilla! [-3 LP]
[OOC] Alianor: Or make that -6
Peter|GM: Echo's massive shield stops the forefront of the blast, and the massive jet of steam carries the rest of the conflagration elsewhere!
Peter|GM: The Gigas glares tremendously. "You will regret your arrogance!" He invokes a [Magma Wave], crashing through Echo and Alianor!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 41 ( Total: 41 ) for 100/25
Folis: "Maybe. Not today."
Peter|GM rolled 1d8+14 and got 2 ( Total: 16.0 )
Peter|GM: Striking for 22 Fire to Echo (+E.Shatter II) and 10 Fire to Alianor! (-Challenge)!
[OOC] Peter|GM: Unquenchable Flame] burns still - they're Long Burning II!
Echo blocks it with his shield! [-20]
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Alianor grins unforgivingly as she trains her sights on the Gigas. "No, you'll regret yours!" [OD: Double Up - Laser Sighted, C-Pin] (( https://youtu.be/Wwohhs3LvRQ I need to figure out an actual theme for this instead of stealing Desperado's))
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 ) for 100/40
[OOC] Alianor: -1 LP to Crit
Alianor rolled 2d8+14 and got 7, 6 ( Total: 27.0 )
Peter|GM: It's a critical hit!
[OOC] Alianor: Also True Strike 5 Water
Peter|GM: 27! 10!
Peter|GM: Well, 24 after K Guard.
Alianor then lets out a loud burst of steam as she fires another last burst at the Gigas! [Bunker Buster!]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 34 ( Total: 34 ) for 100/40
[OOC] Peter|GM: Did you remember your lock on die, actually?
Alianor rolled 2d8+14+9 and got 3, 7 ( Total: 33.0 )
[OOC] Alianor: Oh, no.
Alianor rolled 2d8 and got 7, 1 ( Total: 8 ) for for both attacks
Peter|GM: Charged with watery manna, the locked on shot blazes through it - until the final burst slams into it for another 30, 10! And let's just throw another 8 on top of that.
Peter|GM: Round seven - stand strong!
[OOC] Alianor: WAIT
[OOC] Peter|GM: YES?
Alianor rolled 3d8 and got 2, 7, 3 ( Total: 12 ) for C-Pin for extra dice since Laser Sighted is M-Pin
Peter|GM: …Secondary detonation activates for 12!
Peter|GM:
Peter|GM: Elizabeth, hang in there!
Lady Elizabeth: "Oh no I'm turning to ash…!"
Peter|GM: "Ha ha ha…"
Lady Elizabeth rolls her eyes as she drops the rifle, draws her pistol, then fires into the gigas. [Backup Fire]
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Did you need that LP with Lucky, by the way?)
Lady Elizabeth rolled d100 and got 84 ( Total: 84 ) for 80
Peter|GM: "…I'm going to lose…"
[OOC] Lady Elizabeth: 1-1LP
Lady Elizabeth rolled d6+7 and got 6 ( Total: 13 )
Peter|GM: "So be it, as well!"
Peter|GM: 10!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis charges forward, swinging her staff fiercely! "INTO DUST!"
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 33 ( Total: 33 ) for 80/0
Folis rolled 1d6+6 and got 6 ( Total: 12.0 )
Peter|GM: 9!
Peter|GM: Santiago…!
Folis: "Masked friend, finish this!"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "TO DUST!" Santiago's rushes in after Folis, jamming his sword deep into the thing's core.
Le Masked Buccaneer: (EL STABBO)
Peter|GM: Strike the heart!
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 62 ( Total: 62 ) for COS 80 STRIKE THAT HEART
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+8 and got 6 ( Total: 14 )
Peter|GM: 11!
Peter|GM: Cracks spider out.
Peter|GM: The heat is immense.
Peter|GM: Sweat pours down Santiago's face, behind the mask…
Peter|GM: And the Gigas intones
Peter|GM: "So be it-"
Peter|GM: as it perishes.
Echo: "Well fought. You were truly a challenge."
Folis watches to make sure it's really dead… then rushes over toward Elizabeth! "Captain! Are you alright?"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "I believe I have faced ships of the line less daunting."
Lady Elizabeth expends the clip out of her pistol and loads a fresh one, before doing the same with the rifle. "Yes, I'm perfectly fine."
Lady Elizabeth: "Ya worry way too much."
Folis: "I mean…"
Folis: "… probably."
Alianor falls to her knees as the adreneline starts wearing off with a vengence, patting out the flames on her clothes before making sure that Priscilla's no worse for wear.
Le Masked Buccaneer pops off his faceplate, and bows to whatever the thing leaves for remains. "A pity about the irreconcilable differences."
Lady Elizabeth holsters both guns and slowly pushes herself back up to her feet - though she wobbles a bit unsteadily before catching herself.
Peter|GM: A HEROIC VICTORY. After a grueling battle, only one party stands. There will be many more in time, but for now, celebration. Got +16 EXP.
Echo pats out the flames on himself, as well.
Folis helps steady the Captain. "Hey, easy now."
Lady Elizabeth shakes her head. "Worryin'! Said I'm fine."
Folis: "Still, we all need to rest."
Lady Elizabeth: "Well yeah obviously."
Lady Elizabeth: "Anyway good job all around I guess."
Alianor: "…If my mother and her team ran into something like that, I could see why their expedition ran into extreme trouble."
Folis: "So this is what the ruin's guardians are all about…"
Lady Elizabeth: "Ya definitely need to work on stayin' calm in a fight though, Folis. Yer a Witch like Beth, right? Mean's its yer job to blast tha hell out of everything in front of us, sos it can't keep hittin' us. Let Echo worry about the vanguard, and my dumb ass knows the risks it's gettin' into."
Folis: "… mm."
Folis: "Yes… yes I do."
Lady Elizabeth pats her on the shoulder.
Folis: "The fire… it…"
Folis: "… Yeah. Thanks, captain."
Echo: "Hmmm."
Echo nods.
Le Masked Buccaneer reaffixes his mask.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "So. Do you think that thing has any siblings?"
Folis: "Definitely."
Lady Elizabeth: "Hmm."
Folis: "At least, in spirit and kind, if not kin."
Lady Elizabeth: "It's a possibility at least. It said it was a gift, right?"
Lady Elizabeth decides maybe she doesn't actually want to stay standing, and takes a seat on the edge of the pedestal that the gigas was standing on.
Folis: "… The chest!"
Folis steps over to inspect it.
Lady Elizabeth glances over the group while Folis fiddles with the chest.
Lady Elizabeth: "So…"
Lady Elizabeth: "I'm think we're proally callin' it an early day after that?"
Lady Elizabeth: "Unless there's a bunch of potions and doughts in that chest, anyway."
Echo: "That probably seems wise."
Folis is getting pretty good at fiddling with chests.
Peter|GM: The chest pops open, and inside -
Peter|GM: A wealth of fine treasures of Dwarven make.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."
Peter|GM: Three gems, translucent, with a star-like inclusion. They rattle with magic when moved. [3 x Mysterious Gems]
Folis: "Yeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "The glorious wealth of the dwarves!"
Folis 's ears twitch along with the magic.
Peter|GM: Other gems are nonmagical but finely cut, and tremendous to the eye. A flask of their finest wine, too. [Dwarven treasures worth 1500G]
Folis: "Praise the heavens, spirits of the drinkable variety."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Sun, moon, and waves!"
Folis: "… I don't even care if we don't ACTUALLY drink it, it's the thought that counts."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "…what's the split."
Lady Elizabeth: "…Wonder if wine keeps for a couple dozen… I don't even know, centuries?"
Folis: "Wanna find out?"
Lady Elizabeth rolls a shrug at Santiago. "Put it on the ship, we'll sort out the enormous horde we're building at the end."
Folis grins fiercely.
Alianor: "…Hopefully it's not like vinegar by this point."
Peter|GM: And - an ancient charm, carved from buried sunstone - a light that has never seen the sun. It depicts a flame devil in tremendous pain, pierced by a dwarven spear from head to foot.
Lady Elizabeth: "Knock yourself out."
Peter|GM: It's reminiscent of a charm for protection against fire magic…
Peter|GM: But it seems unusually strong.
Folis: "… Ow."
[OOC] Peter|GM: Unidentified Charm against Fire Devils
Peter|GM:
Folis: "Man, there's getting into art and then there's… this."
Echo: "…potent."
Peter|GM: In the chest of the Fallen Gigas the Unquenchable Flame still burns, and will burn forever.
Lady Elizabeth: "Speaking of building a horde, looks like we're in for another round of 'carry way to much treasure back to the ship'." Elizabeth begins scooping up gems into her coat, before heading back to camp.
Echo starts doing the same.
Peter|GM: The flame, too, is a treasure of the Dwarves.
Folis stretches a bit, then starts packing away treasures to haul.
Peter|GM: Sealing it will likely injure whoever seizes it. Its power, however, is tremendous.
Folis pauses, a moment. A ridiculous grin crosses her face.
Folis steps over to the fallen body of their opponent…
Folis says a short prayer… the mist whirls around her hands, faster and faster, forming a thick but movable coat of almost-icy water around her hands. She reaches in to seize the flame. [Sorcery+Thievery]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 18 ( Total: 18 ) for 4d6
Folis rolled 4d6 and got 6, 1, 3, 2 ( Total: 12 )
Peter|GM: It burns fiercely. [Successes will reduce the injury you suffer in containing it.]
[OOC] Folis: All I got left is 1 LP, so… if people are able to assist, please do xD
Folis: "Oh no you don't…!"
[OOC] Echo: Determination or Mysticism?
[OOC] Peter|GM: Hmm… I don't know if it's easy to assist, there.
Peter|GM: Slowly, slowly, forced, crowded…
Peter|GM: …It crystallizes.
[OOC] Peter|GM: A][The Unquenchable Flame - Q - Cleanse self of Falter, Chill, and Challenge. Next Action: +4 Potency, statuses inflicted are II.
Peter|GM: Folis first realizes that she now holds a caged jewel of cold fire,
Peter|GM: And second, the tremendous pain she is in.
[OOC] Peter|GM: Condition: Injury(15), reducing max HP by 15. Folis will require medical attention tonight.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "That was impressive."
Folis screams, at the top of her lungs, rolling away from the Gigas, trying to put out flames both phantom and not so much. She ends up curled in a little ball for a moment, whimpering.
Lady Elizabeth: "…Y'alright?"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "…If I ever do get her floating again, could I interest you in a position as Ship's Witch?"
[OOC] Peter|GM: Sorry, let me amend: Status inflicted and granted are II.
Folis shakily tries to push herself up, but the fear's still too strong, and the pain too much, and she sits back down. Hard.
Folis: "'m livin'…"
Folis: "I think…"
Folis: "That was…"
Folis: "The stupidest thing I've done so far…"
Folis: "Ahahaha…"
Le Masked Buccaneer walks over and squats down, clanking slight. "Would you like help up?"
Folis: "Ugh… yeah."
Folis looks at her hands. The spell had saved her from being badly burned, but errant magic still courses through her, making the slightest touch feel like rolling through needles.
Lady Elizabeth: "Well, that thing you… made seems pretty cool, least."
Folis: "It's… it's power."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Boldness and daring will get you far. They have their cost, but there's time to pay it."
Folis: "I don't need any special study to tell me that."
Folis: "I also don't need any special study… t'say I probably need treatment more thorough than just a night's rest."
Le Masked Buccaneer offers Folis an arm. "Arm to arm if the hands are still burnt?"
Folis: "Not burnt. Just…" She shakily reaches out to take Santiago's hand, and winces, gritting through the pain.
Folis: "F-f-f-feedback."
Le Masked Buccaneer slowly rises, gently helping Folis up and steadying her with his other hand on her shoulder. "And…there we are."
Folis: "I wish… I had learned something of the healing arts…"
Lady Elizabeth: "We'll figure somethin' out."
Lady Elizabeth: "At worst, your Dolls know how to patch people up, yeah?"
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Just so."
Folis: "Yeah…"
Folis: "That was why…"
Folis: "So long ago, they were made. I'm so happy they're here with us again."
Alianor can't help but wince in sympathy, she's had some fairly… spectacular accidents when making the prototypes before Priscilla.
Lady Elizabeth takes point on the way back to base camp, making sure they don't run into anything they may have missed on the way in.
Peter|GM: Base camp.
Peter|GM: In the distance, a small fishing fleet can be seen - some of the boats are returning home to Leviathan, others are heading for the towers.
Peter|GM: The cries of seagulls, the rhythm of the waves.
Peter|GM: A MOMENT'S RESPITE, BEFORE FURTHER TRIALS.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License