Ch1 11

Peter|GM: THE WATER PALACE, WITHIN THE ARCOLITH "FILIOS" , SITE A
Peter|GM: A passage leads onwards past the sanctuary light.
Folis catches up with the rest of the group, panting. "Captain! Guys! Bad news, bad news!"
Lady Elizabeth: "What?"
Folis screeches to a halt, huffing and puffing a moment. "Right… sec…"
Folis: "O-okay. Which of you are familiar with the Twilight? Other than myself."
Lady Elizabeth: "Big black ship with the most asshole of the imperials on it. Go on."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "I AM VERY FAMILIAR WITH IT."
Folis: "Right, so… I went with the other group a bit and we went out on the roof. Saw the fleet approaching."
Folis: "And… the Twilight broke off from the mains and is approaching with all speed."
Folis: "We might be in trouble."
Lady Elizabeth: "Oh, is that it?"
Folis: "Yeah that's it."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "My mask for a fully repaired ship!"
Lady Elizabeth: "Entirely within expected mission peramiters."
Folis: "… okay, that's… actually pretty reassuring to hear."
Lady Elizabeth starts heading back to the diorama room.
Lady Elizabeth: "Lets go find that last peice of treasure in the exibition hall, then take care of that giant fucker and get out."
Folis salutes. "Got it!"
Alianor: "Yes, it was quite a surprise to see that when she pointed it out… Sounds like a plan."
Echo: "Yes, Shajan."
Folis: "Sha-wha?"
Echo: "A word for 'leader'."
Folis: "Right, right!"
Lady Elizabeth: "Hmm. So do you think there was a way to use that beam in the center of the area to do… something in the diorama room, Alianor? I don't remember seeing anything else that looked like a side passage into that back area without breaking stuff."
Peter|GM: The diorama. It contains an ancient Ecafan longboat, behind glass wall, watched over by one of the alarm spindles.
Peter|GM: Behind it, there's the vague painted impression of some ancient Ecafan cityscape.
Alianor: "Not that I'm aware of? This room isn't connected to it, so…"
Lady Elizabeth: "Sound like glass breaking it is then." Elizabeth nods to Echo.
Le Masked Buccaneer: (My wife needs me to run to the store for food! I will back shortly, my apologies.)
Echo: "Alright." He readies his hammer, then slams his giant shield into the glass.
Folis braces for impact. This was going to get messy, on multiple levels.
Peter|GM: The glass explodes! The watchful spindle immediately starts emitting a piercing siren, and two of the shadowy hammer-blobs, the Sluggers, immediately scoot over to give battle!
Peter|GM: It's a fight!
Peter|GM: Humans gain drive. Driftin may quicken.
Peter|GM: That noise is horrible - the party is Long Exhausted!
Folis shuffles her way up!
Peter|GM: The spindle fires a beam at Folis!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 87 ( Total: 87 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM rolled 1d8+18 and got 5 ( Total: 23.0 )
[OOC] Folis: that is something we Want To Dodge yes?
Peter|GM: Round One - Showtime, by the way -
Peter|GM: Zapping her for 23 Fire damage!
Peter|GM: Folis!
[OOC] Folis: nah if there's no effect I can just facetank it
Folis yowls angrily, rushing forward to clobber Slugger A! [Attack]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 54 ( Total: 54 ) for 80/0
Folis rolled 1d6+6 and got 6 ( Total: 12.0 )
Peter|GM: Hits! 12!
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Alianor [Locks On] to the Spindle before shooting at it! [Attack]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 ) for 80/20
[OOC] Alianor: 2 LP to crit because of Lock On
Alianor rolled 3d8+12 and got 3, 8, 3 ( Total: 26.0 )
Peter|GM: It's a critical strike!
Peter|GM: 26! Santiago!
Peter|GM: …Oh, right! He's away, I'll give him a move when he gets back.
Peter|GM: Echo!
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Back, my apologies, tortillas needed getting)
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Peter|GM: (That's super important)
Le Masked Buccaneer leaps towards the slugger Folis has already attacked, sword slicing towards the base of the hammer-blob-thing. "Let's see these quickly hence."
[OOC] Le Masked Buccaneer: Pacesetter vs Slugger A)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 ) for cos 80
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Pfff, 2lp tohit)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+6 and got 4 ( Total: 10 ) for quicken self
Peter|GM: Hits for 10!
Peter|GM: Echo!
Echo roars, stepping and swinging his club with both hands at Slugger A! [OD: Ferocity, https://youtu.be/ADT6EUlFmiU ]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 51 ( Total: 51 )
Echo rolled 3d6+8 and got 6, 5, 3 ( Total: 22.0 ) for Short K-Shatter & E-Shatter
Peter|GM: It's a hit! 22! It's Shattered!
Folis: "Whoa, scary!"
Echo then calls up an earth spirit to shield Santiago before following up with an Iron Driver! [Q: Aegis, Bubble (10) on Santiago]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 87 ( Total: 87 )
[OOC] Echo: 1 LP to hit
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Echo rolled d6+11 and got 3 ( Total: 14.0 )
Peter|GM: You include Shatter in that?
[OOC] Echo: And Bubble (10) on self. Yep!
Peter|GM: Smashes true for 14!
Peter|GM: Lady Elizabeth!
Lady Elizabeth spins one of her rifles around, giving her wrist a shake [Q - Lion Bracelet] before taking a shot at the Spindle… which then bounces off and slams into Slugger A, then B. [Ricochet - Launch Combo]
Lady Elizabeth rolled d100 and got 45 ( Total: 45 ) for 80
Lady Elizabeth rolled d6+18 and got 4 ( Total: 22 ) for True Strike Slugger A for 11 damage, Slugger B for 8.
Folis: "That is some magical gunplay."
Peter|GM: Hits for 22! 11, 8!
Lady Elizabeth: "Mm, not *quite*."
Peter|GM: Both of the Sluggers slip forward and deliver hammer blows to Echo!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 100, 26 ( Total: 126 ) for C90
Peter|GM rolled 1d12+20 and got 8 ( Total: 28.0 )
Peter|GM: Hitting once for 28 physical damage!
Echo blocks them both with his shield! [-10 shield, -10 bubble]
Peter|GM: Round Two - Showtime!
Peter|GM: That piercing noise continues!
Peter|GM: The Spindle fires a beam at Santiago!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 89 ( Total: 89 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM rolled 1d8+18 and got 1 ( Total: 19.0 )
Folis: "Hey, masky! Think you can finish that thing?"
Peter|GM: Zapping for 19 Fire damage!
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Foul thing! Please, can someone eradicate that post haste?"
Le Masked Buccaneer is already moving around to strike at the slugger's flank as he speaks
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Regular attack, Slugger A)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 46 ( Total: 46 ) for cos 80
Peter|GM: Slashes through! It's a hit!
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+8 and got 6 ( Total: 14 ) for oh right it's a sword not a baton
Peter|GM: 14!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis drops to the back of the battle. "C'mon, I can't do shit with this kinda racket! Cut this gal a break, aye?" [Reposition]
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Alianor fires once more at the Spindle! [Attack]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 15 ( Total: 15 ) for 80/40
Peter|GM: It's a critical hit!
[OOC] Alianor: That should be /20 but
Alianor rolled 3d8+12 and got 3, 1, 5 ( Total: 21.0 )
Peter|GM: The spindle explodes - and that terrible noise finally ends.
Peter|GM: 21!
Peter|GM: Exhaust is cured!
Alianor: "On it!"
Peter|GM: Echo!
Folis: "Thanks. Those things are such a hassle, honestly."
Echo swings again at Slugger A! [Iron Driver]
Le Masked Buccaneer: "The ancients owe us an apology, frankly."
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 )
Echo rolled d6+8 and got 2 ( Total: 10.0 ) for Bubble (10) Self
Peter|GM: 10!
Peter|GM: Drops of it drip down onto the floor. It clutches its head for a moment.
Peter|GM: Elizabeth!
Lady Elizabeth dashes forward, slamming her spear into Slugger A. [Flawless] [Advance]
Lady Elizabeth rolled d6+8 and got 5 ( Total: 13 ) for True Strike 10 + Slow 1 to Slugger B
Lady Elizabeth fires one of her rifles from the hip as the second before bouncing back towards Echo.
Peter|GM: 13! Folis!
Peter|GM: Oh, and A is defeated, of course - falling to pieces.
Peter|GM: And Slugger B is indeed shot and slowed.
Folis: "Hm. Think we can take this one out quickly?" She snaps her fingers, another aura of flame bursting forth around her. [Release: Phoenix Tail]. She stamps her staff upon the ground twice and points it at Slugger B, and the creature bursts into flame in quite a dramatic fashion, sparks and all! [Witch Mode: Phoenix Tail]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for 80/35
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness!
Peter|GM: It's a burst!
Le Masked Buccaneer stares. "Yes. Yes I do think that."
The flames rocket the creature far into the air! [Launch combo, hang on while I variable]
Folis rolled 2d12+14+5+4+4+3 and got 8, 11 ( Total: 49.0 ) for weakness, release, launch combo, burst
Peter|GM: Phoenix-fire cooks the amorphous beast for 49!
Peter|GM: Round Three - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Folis: "Mmm-hm-hm-hm-hm."
Folis: "Please take care of this creature, this release of tension would be wasted on it, I think…"
Le Masked Buccaneer silently charges the remaining massy thing, slicing low once more. "I will endeavor to lead the way!"
Peter|GM: Oh, and the Slugger definitely attacked Echo before the end of that turn, sorry!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 )
Also rolled 1d12+20 and got 3 [Total: 23.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 55.0, Avg: 17.50
Peter|GM: Hitting for 23. Anyway, keep going, Santiago!
Echo blocked most of it! [Shield -10, Bubble -10]
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Fighting spirit)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for cos 80
Peter|GM: Strikes true!
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+8 and got 6 ( Total: 14 )
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Who want Lucky and Focused?)
Peter|GM: 14!
Peter|GM: Alianor!
[OOC] Peter|GM: Would probably appreciate Lucky and Focused, since she crits a lot.
[OOC] Folis: Not me. I'm going to try and hold on to this Overdrive for dear life.
[OOC] Alianor: Yes that would be appreciated
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Alianorit is!)
Alianor follows up with a burst to try to finish it off! [Semi-Auto]
Alianor rolled 1d100-15 and got 23 ( Total: 8.0 ) for 80/40
Alianor rolled 2d8+12 and got 3, 7 ( Total: 22.0 )
Peter|GM: Critically hits for 22!
Peter|GM: The Slugger is slain!
Peter|GM: THE COAST IS CLEAR. All threats have been eliminated and the Arcolith beckons. Got +6 EXP.
Lady Elizabeth: "That wasn't so bad."
Lady Elizabeth sweeps some of the broken glass to the side with her foot, before moving deeper in and keeping her eyes peeled for that last treasure.
Folis lets out a breath through clenched teeth. "Okay… alright…"
Folis: "This actually works out really well. Whoever's next in line is gonna have a real bad day."
Peter|GM: There is, in fact, a small wooden chest on the deck of the ship.
Lady Elizabeth: "Aha!"
Lady Elizabeth: "There is is."
Lady Elizabeth climbs up.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Let us take a look!"
Peter|GM: The wood creaks under the step, but it holds.
Peter|GM: The figures crewing it aren't detailed enough for their facelessness to be unnerving.
Alianor will watch for now unless they need her expertise, instead fiddling with Priscilla in the meantime.
Folis leans on her staff, tail atwitch as she watches what her captain does best. Taking things that aren't theirs.
Lady Elizabeth also tosses Echo a Fortune Cookie. "Here, eat this."
Echo: "Alright." He takes it and eats it.
Echo rolled d6 and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
Echo was not expecting the paper inside of it. "Hmmm. 'Be prerpared for a swift exit. Your lucky number is 5.'" It's a bit soggy.
Folis: "How eerie."
Lady Elizabeth: "Duly noted."
Lady Elizabeth pops open the chest!
Peter|GM: Anyway, inside the chest is ancient coinage totalling 300G, and a Tonic!
[OOC] Peter|GM: Select a single Dazed target - remove Dazed and True Heal them for +30HP. M-Recovery.
Lady Elizabeth: "Tonic…"
Lady Elizabeth: "This is probably best with Alianor."
Lady Elizabeth tosses it to her, then starts heading out of Site A. "Or whoever, sort it out. I'll be right back, want to swap the backpack out for the survival suit while I don't need the space."
Alianor blinks, looking up at her name being called, then hasitly catches it. "Hmm… That's fine with me."
Peter|GM: There's a distant, quiet thrumming in the Arcolith.
Peter|GM: Waiting here?
Le Masked Buccaneer: "…What
Le Masked Buccaneer: 's that sound? "
Folis: "Uh… might be me? Barely contained fantastic magical powers?"
Folis: "Hair-trigger sense of tension?"
Alianor: "I think… it's a little too ominous for that."
Folis: "Huh… really? I'm having a hard time feeling it right now, I think…"
Lady Elizabeth pokes her head back into the diorama room while giving a wave a few minutes later. "Alright, I'm good. Lets go kill a giant and steal his shit."
Folis: "… Okay good."
Lady Elizabeth then starts heading for The Boss Room.
Folis follows, an odd sort of spring to her step.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Admirably direct. To the lummox and plunder!"
Peter|GM: THE WATER PALACE.
Peter|GM: Just past the sanctuary: A dark passageway. A staircase, leading upwards. Barely visible, to the either side, statue-arms, crowded and teeming, reach out from the walls.
Peter|GM: …They're waving, slightly, fingers beckoning.
Folis: "Yeah, I remember you guys. Assholes."
Lady Elizabeth: "Not excited for them all to come to life when we find the main body."
Alianor: "…I can very much agree to that."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "It would be too much to hope they were purely decorative."
Peter|GM: As you step out: Foom! Two torches burst with tremendous green flames, on either side of the stairwell. The sudden burst of light makes obvious that the platforms of the Palace rise out of a tremendous chasm, far below.
Folis: "Oh, hells."
Peter|GM: There's machinery running below these platforms - racks slowly grinding forward, carrying those mummified bodies on harnesses, deeper towards the darkness.
Lady Elizabeth squints.
Echo frowns intensely at the scenery.
Peter|GM: Waterfalls cascade from somewhere unseen far above, vanishing unseen far below.
Alianor furrows her brow as she peers at the machinery. "…You'd think they'd have been long done with those bodies if no one's been in here for ages? Or is there really that many in here?"
Lady Elizabeth carefully continues to makes her way forward, keeping her eyes and ears open for treasure and giants.
Lady Elizabeth: "Thats…"
Folis: "… that can't just be for disposal. Otherwise why bother with harnesses?"
Lady Elizabeth: "Wow I wasn't even thinkin' 'bout that, but any answer's pretty creepy, huh?"
Peter|GM: At the end of the staircase, a single platform. A switch-like pad on the front of it glows a faint green.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "The number of things that are 'pretty creepy' continue to increase."
Lady Elizabeth glances from the panel to Alianor.
Echo grunts. "It's terrible."
Alianor takes a look at the panel… "I get the feeling we're supposed to step on it. If i had to guess, this might be our ride to the end?"
Folis: "This is a terrible idea."
Folis: "Let's do it anyway."
Lady Elizabeth rolls a shrug then steps onto it.
Folis follows.
Peter|GM: The pad sinks in with a "click" .
Peter|GM: With a shine of magic, a staircase appears, leading upwards as another pair of huge green torches light.
Peter|GM: It leads up to a massive platform, with waterfalls running down from it in all directions.
Lady Elizabeth: "Sure is a lotta effort into makin' this feel forbodin'."
Peter|GM: Foom, foom, foom, foom - eight blazing green torches illuminate it.
Alianor: "…Oh. I was expecting a ride, not yet more stairs."
Lady Elizabeth adjusts her guns and begins walking up.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "I think this exceeds effort."
Folis: "… Is this a magus's lair?"
Folis: "Sure feels like it…"
Peter|GM: The platform contains a stone-bottomed pool of water. It's bubbling and boiling. Something's coming.
Lady Elizabeth: "We'll find out soon."
Peter|GM: As the party reaches it - A massive jeweled hand bursts up from the water, pointing forward, thumb to fingers. The fingertips are stained a deep scarlet. On two of its knuckles, black jewels bounce around in glass cameos, almost like eyes.
Lady Elizabeth: "…No body, just … a bigger hand. Alright then."
Peter|GM: It's a fight!
Peter|GM: The hand twists and extends two fingers…
Peter|GM: …How strange. [Shear Stance]
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Peter|GM: Humans gain drive, Driftin may quicken.
Peter|GM: Round One - Showtime!
Folis: "Yeah, okay. Get fucked." Folis darts ahead, aims her staff like a spear-gun at the Lended Hand, and fires a frankly absurd beam of pure magical light at the creature! [Overdrive: Witching Hour] [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrcG7D4dvyE&t=7m22s]
[OOC] Folis: 14+4+4+4+4+5 -> 35 Supreme Damage
Folis follows it up by hurling her staff at one of the eye-like structures, followed by the staff returning. How curious!
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 10 ( Total: 10 ) for 80/0
[OOC] Folis: Spending an LP to crit.
Peter|GM: Sears through for 35!
Peter|GM: It's a critical strike!
Folis rolled 2d6+10 and got 4, 1 ( Total: 15.0 )
Peter|GM: 15!
Folis: "… /gods/, that felt amazing. Heh heh."
Peter|GM: The Hand wobbles! [Short K-Shattered by Launch!]
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Elizabeth, you OK with being moved up in the order?)
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Lady Elizabeth: (Not right now, I need to go after Echo)
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Ok!)
Le Masked Buccaneer: "Let us dis-arm this threat quickly!"
[OOC] Alianor: I'd be fine with being moved up
Le Masked Buccaneer rushes in, gesturing for Alianor to join in as he slashes the hand again and again.
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Pacesetter!)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for cos 80
Peter|GM: Strikes true!
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Eh, I'll make that a crit. That's +4 and +1d6)
Le Masked Buccaneer: (?)
Peter|GM: Yeah!
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 2d6+12 and got 3, 2 ( Total: 17.0 ) for and quickening alianor
Peter|GM: 20! The eyes goggle about. Boosted by Shatter!
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Just let me say I deeply appreciate an enemy withgoogly eyes)
Peter|GM: I mean, Echo!
Echo calls up an earth spirit to shield Santiago [Q: Aegis, Bubble (10)] before calling up fire spirits to engulf the Hand! [Suppressing Fire]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 )
3 true fire damage, Long Challenge, and Short Burning II!
Peter|GM: 8! It's Challenged and Burning!
Lady Elizabeth: "…Hmm…"
Lady Elizabeth: "This thing's losin' steam in a hurry… keep yer eyes peeled, there's gotta me more than onna these thing's lurkin' nearby."
Folis: "I can't imagine it took kindly to the opening salvo, no!"
Folis grins fiendishly.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "It's a hand."
Le Masked Buccaneer: "They seem to exist IN NUMBERS here."
Lady Elizabeth: "Yeah."
Alianor grins as she brings Priscilla to bear, starting off with a burst! [Overdrive: Double Up - Semi-Auto, C-Rush+4] [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aHB2mMeWTw ]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for 80/40
Peter|GM: It's a critical hit!
Alianor rolled 2d8+12+4 and got 1, 8 ( Total: 25.0 )
Folis: "Speaking of opening salvos!"
Peter|GM: 25!
Folis: "Guess I wasn't the only one loaded to bear! Ahaha!"
Peter|GM: Blue ichor leaks from bullet-wounds studding the hand.
Alianor then [Locks On] to it before firing a rather large stake of a bullet at it! [Magnetic Stake]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 41 ( Total: 41 ) for 80/40
[OOC] Alianor: -1 LP to crit
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
[OOC] Folis: Oh, that's cruel.
Alianor rolled 3d8+14 and got 1, 4, 2 ( Total: 21.0 )
Peter|GM: 21!
[OOC] Peter|GM: !!!
[OOC] Alianor: Slow 1!
Peter|GM: The Hand snaps its fingers together… and Quickens!
[OOC] Peter|GM: Counters Pin in Shear Stance!!
Peter|GM: It snips this way and that and flying blades of air shoot out to strike Folis…
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 ) for C100/25
Peter|GM: …And Alianor! [C-Pin]
Folis nips out of the way. [-1 LP]
Peter|GM: Folis dodges!
Peter|GM rolled 3d10+10 and got 8, 7, 3 ( Total: 28.0 )
Peter|GM: Alianor is struck for 28 Air damage and Long Shock II!
[OOC] Alianor: Is that a spell so that one LP would dodge it for both, or do I also need to spend an LP?
[OOC] Peter|GM: Well… I guess as written, it repeats the action with the combo, so lemme roll again-
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for 100/25
[OOC] Peter|GM: You'd have to spend a lot of LP!
[OOC] Alianor: …I don't have that much LP
Peter|GM: Elizabeth!
Folis: "We got this, Captain!"
[OOC] Peter|GM: Oh, and the Pin momentum is gone.
Lady Elizabeth pulls out the Rafflesia, loading one of the gas canisters before letting off a shot. [Attack]
Lady Elizabeth rolled d100 and got 17 ( Total: 17 ) for 80 Does It Breath
Peter|GM: It does not!
Peter|GM: …In fact, as Elizabeth is attacking…
Peter|GM: The flames consume it, and it perish.
[OOC] Lady Elizabeth: actually did it even survvie the burning? -
Peter|GM: THE COAST IS CLEAR. All threats have been exterminated and the Arcolith beckons. Got +3 EXP.
Lady Elizabeth pauses a second from firing. "…Hm."
Folis: "Gyah hah hah hah!"
Folis: "…"
Folis: "Hmm…"
Lady Elizabeth blinks, spinning around.
Lady Elizabeth: "Was that it?"
Folis: "It can't be."
Peter|GM: The bubbling of the water stills.
Peter|GM: There's another pad on the far end of the platform.
Lady Elizabeth keeps her gun out and at the ready, while slowly advancing around the pool of water to the next pad.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "…Perhaps this ancient place continues some mysteries that have simply…broken?"
Folis: "I'm still glad we took it out quickly before it could wear us down for wahtever is next."
Lady Elizabeth: "Seems like there might be more."
Peter|GM: As Elizabeth steps onto it, two staircases appear, leading up to the final platform.
Folis: "No, there's definitely more."
Peter|GM: Three torches boom into green flame on the left, with just one on the right.
Alianor lets out a sigh. "Of course there's more."
Lady Elizabeth: "Hmm."
Peter|GM: At the center of the platform, a stepped pyramid.
Peter|GM: The pyramid is surrounded by waving arms, paying obeisance to it.
Peter|GM: At its top, seated in a square altar-box:
Peter|GM: A shining, gleaming, golden seed.
Lady Elizabeth: "…A seed?"
Folis: "… the continuance of some kind of life."
Lady Elizabeth frowns slightly, then sighs and starts heading up the stairs.
Lady Elizabeth: "Not at all what I was expectin'."
Folis follows closely by.
Peter|GM: A dull roar.
Peter|GM: …Of applause.
Folis: "Maybe they were expecting some kind of great disaster… or some kind of insur-"
Alianor: "I'm sure the Architects thought it was important?"
Peter|GM: The hands everywhere are clapping, clapping, clapping.
Lady Elizabeth: "The fuck?"
Folis: "… I don't like this."
Peter|GM: And there, it appears. One of its hands - there are dozens of them, as it drops down from above, landing low like a falling spider - jangles with bangles as it clutches up the seed, peering over it.
Le Masked Buccaneer: "I do not think there is anything likable about it."
Peter|GM: Its arms stretch out from a fat, fanged, slavering body. Some of them stretch upwards, wearing little neck-ties, carrying, on small sticks, little masks depicting the traditional dress of various civilizations.
Peter|GM: (A dwarf, an Ecafan, even a Hundred…!)
Peter|GM: "Greetings, Petitioners!" It bellows.
Peter|GM: It clutches the Seed. One of its masks looms over it. It inhales, greedily, drinking in its blue-gold shine.
Lady Elizabeth: "…Hey."
Folis: "Greetings, worthy adversary!"
Peter|GM: "You have been greatly, greatly honored to be welcomed into the inner sanctum of the Patrons!"
Peter|GM: "I, the Metatron, will answer your petition by carring your wishes directly to their ears, in exchange for all that you have granted and gifted and relinquished unto them."
Peter|GM: "Long has been your path, and so, great shall be your reward."
Folis crosses her arms and squints. Boy was that ever a loaded statement.
Peter|GM: One of its fingers strokes its slavering underbelly. Its masks swivel and watch Folis. "Very… great."
Folis shudders, but remains silent. She wasn't going to humor the being into tipping its - well, hands.
Lady Elizabeth: "Not entirely sure what ya ment by that, but. I'm takin' that seed."
Peter|GM: "I mean, I, your diligent representative, will naturally -"
Peter|GM: It clutches the Seed within seven hands.
Peter|GM: "This thing? No. Certainly not. It's dangerous."
Lady Elizabeth: "How so?"
Peter|GM: "Its light is used to anoint the offered penitent. Like so:"
Folis: "Offered…?"
Peter|GM: The so-called Metatron beckons behind it, and on a cable, one of the mummified bodies is lifted up. It clutches it, waves the Seed over it, dousing it in watery Manna, and the body begins to glow.
Peter|GM: And then, it eats it.
Peter|GM: "Such is inappropriate for a living thing."
Peter|GM: It burps.
Folis pales.
Lady Elizabeth: "Yer a weird guy."
Peter|GM: "Filled with the transcendent light, the grace of the offering is conveyed to the Patrons, who shall carry on their wishes."
Lady Elizabeth levels her rifle at the creature. "But no, I'm takin' the seed. You can hand it over willingly, or die tryin' to protect it."
Lady Elizabeth: "Much like all the other automaton in here."
Folis: "I-I like my grace exactly where it is!"
Peter|GM: "Rebels!" It howls. "Totalitarians seeking to overthrow their democratic leader!" It slams its fists on the floor and four automatons drop down from above, dazed and swaying as they pick themselves up, as the so-called Metatron scrambles to safety.
Peter|GM: It bites its nails nervously.
Lady Elizabeth: "I sure as fuckin' didn't vote for ya."
Peter|GM: THE BATTLE BEGINS - VS. DEMOGOGUON.
Peter|GM: Humans gain Drive! Driftin may quicken!
Peter|GM: Demogoguon is panicking…
Folis is already at the top of the list. She's riled!
Peter|GM: Alianor, watch out: [WARNING: Choking Hazard vs. 5th Marker]
Peter|GM: Round One - Stand Strong!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis snaps her fingers, and an aura of sparks bursts around her with a roar of thunder! [Release: Meteor Dreamline]
Folis points a finger at Demogoguon dramatically, and lightning lances straight through Attendant B toward the cowardly creature! [Witch Mode: Meteor Dreamline]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 59 ( Total: 59 ) for 100/35
Peter|GM: "If you didn't vote, what right do you have to complain?"
Peter|GM: "Leave things to the serious adults."
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness vs. the Attendant!
Lady Elizabeth: "Ya realize you've been locked up inside this … building… for fuckin'… thousands upon thousands of years, right? Whatever civilization yer talkin' about don't exist no more."
Folis rolled 1d10+16+4 and got 7 ( Total: 27.0 ) for And +5 to the attendance
Peter|GM: 27! 32!
Peter|GM: "That's absurd! If the Patrons were gone, that would mean that there was no one else to receive all these bodies, to receive the heavenly grace, to drink up all this Manna…"
Lady Elizabeth rolls a shrug.
Peter|GM: "…I mean, convey the blessing and gratitude of the people to!"
Alianor: "They left back to the stars centuries upon centuries ago!"
Lady Elizabeth: "Don't worry, won't be yer problem no more in a few minutes anyway."
Peter|GM: "That means…" The masks droop in towards one another, whisper, and then turn back, grinning.
Peter|GM: "A-HEM. Naturally, I shall… carry on their legacy appropriately, as befits my mandate!"
Peter|GM: The Demogoguon points and the stumbling attendants clamber forward, swinging their lopsided arms to attack!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 62, 36 ( Total: 98 ) for C80 vs. Echo and Santiago
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 26, 56 ( Total: 82 ) for C80 vs. Santiago and Folis
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 39, 60 ( Total: 99 ) for C80 vs. Folis and Echo
Peter|GM rolled 1d8+12 and got 2 ( Total: 14.0 )
Peter|GM: Hitting each twice for 14 physical damage!
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Echo blocks most of the blows on his shield. [Shield -10 x 2]
Peter|GM: He turns back to the racks.
Peter|GM: "I was noticing we were getting a little low…"
Folis: "Oof. OOF!"
Peter|GM: "There should be millions… instead…"
Peter|GM: "Hmm, if it continues at this rate…"
Peter|GM: "Well, there's five right here, at least…"
Peter|GM: It turns back to the party and smiles.
Lady Elizabeth: "Like I said, won't be yer problem in a couple of minutes no more." Elizabeth returns the smile.
Alianor has a bad premonition, [Locking On] to the Demogoguon before firing a metal shard at Attendant D! [Magnetic Stake]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 44 ( Total: 44 ) for 80/20
Alianor rolled 1d8+8 and got 5 ( Total: 13.0 ) for Slow 1 to Attendant D
Peter|GM: 13!
Peter|GM: Just after it's fired, the Demogoguon's arms thrust up from the ground, grabbing onto - oh, the Attendant just stumbled into the way.
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 ) for C150 Choking Hazard
Peter|GM: Crushing it for 60 Water damage, slaying it!
Folis: "…………."
Lady Elizabeth: "…Holy shit."
Folis: "Echo! Get outta the way!"
Alianor: "…I am really glad I did that just now."
Peter|GM: It wrings the life out of it, and then, the Demogoguon peers over.
Peter|GM: "That wasn't what I intended…"
Peter|GM: "Ah, this useless thing can't even receive an anointing."
Peter|GM: It discards the shattered attendant to the void.
Peter|GM: Echo!
Echo calls up an earth spirit to protect Folis. [Q: Aegis, Bubble (10)]
Echo then calls down fiery spirits to engulf the Demogoguon! 3 Fire damage, Long Challenge, Long Burning, and Short Burning II! [Suppressing Fire, C-Pin]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 86 ( Total: 86 )
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness for 8!
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Peter|GM: The Demogoguon spits and hacks, spitting up smoke.
Le Masked Buccaneer squints through his mask, then bursts towards Attendant B, sword flickering before him as he slams into the automaton, and tries to bear it down beneath him.
Le Masked Buccaneer: (Piledriver)
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d100 and got 64 ( Total: 64 ) for CoS 70 I miss my batob
Le Masked Buccaneer rolled 1d6+8 and got 3 ( Total: 11 ) for This part is pretty good, though
Le Masked Buccaneer: (And initswap DONE)
[OOC] Alianor: I believe it's Elizabeth's turn next
Peter|GM: 11!
Peter|GM: Elizabeth!
Lady Elizabeth flicks her wrist [Q - Lion Bracelet] as she hits a button on her rifle, and the barrel opens and flares out, revealing a thin rocket inside of it. She grins for a second, then fires it into the row of attendents. [-1 Charge] [Eliminate - Air Combo]
Lady Elizabeth rolled 3d100 and got 64, 74, 94 ( Total: 232 ) for 80
[OOC] Lady Elizabeth: -2LP
Lady Elizabeth rolled d6+20 and got 6 ( Total: 26 ) for Fire Damage to all three, and Long Shock II
Peter|GM: The rocket explodes, striking all three!
Peter|GM: In the flash of light, you can see the far wall - the shape of windows on it, crowded over and covered in thousands of grasping, reaching hands, crowding out all light.
Peter|GM: Attendant B doesn't rise afterwards - it's slain!
Lady Elizabeth: "Guah."
Folis: "… That ain't right."
Peter|GM: Attendant A swings into Santiago and Folis!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 55, 46 ( Total: 101 ) for C80
Peter|GM: But it's Shocked, so…
Peter|GM rolled 1d8+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16.0 )
Peter|GM: It barely hits Folis for 16 physical! (With a 76)
Folis: "Bah!"
[OOC] Folis: 6
Peter|GM: Demogoguon strokes its chin. Excessively. It clutches the Seed, and casts a spell!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 76 ( Total: 76 ) for Acid Rain C120
Peter|GM: A sickly green rain, phantom and flickering, sears the party, inflicting Long Toxin I!
Folis: "Ugh! What wretched substance is this?"
Peter|GM: "Of course, we mustn't falter. We have to be strong! Have to show DISCIPLINE. That's right, I'm sure this little rebellion will end in no time…"
Lady Elizabeth: "Duno, but I'm suddenly real glad I'm wearin' this suit."
Peter|GM: Demogoguon clenches dozens upon dozens of fists, pounding and gesturing. [Stance is different…]
El Squido: (Network cable got pulled; sorry about that)
Peter|GM: Round Two - Stand Strong!
Peter|GM: Demogoguon is making fists…
Peter|GM: Echo, watch out: [WARNING: Choking Hazard vs. 5th Marker]
Peter|GM: Folis!
Lady Elizabeth: "Kill that attendent, I should be okay!"
Folis darts to the side, making a fingergun toward the Demgoguon through Attedant C… lightning strikes! [Witch Mode: Meteor Dreamline]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 25 ( Total: 25 ) for 100/35
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness vs. the Attendant!
Peter|GM: It's a Burst!
Folis rolled 1d10+16+3 and got 10 ( Total: 29.0 ) for +5 vs. Attendant
Peter|GM: 34! 29!
Peter|GM: Attendant C is slain!
Peter|GM: Santiago!
Le Santiago reaches to one of his armor's carvings, and selects a sunburst before gently grabbing it, and tossing the now-floating orb of fire to Elizabeth. "Enough of this obscenity. Captain, if you would beso kind?'
Le Santiago rolled 1d100 and got 82 ( Total: 82 )
Le Santiago: (Fire saber!)
Lady Elizabeth: "Uh - oh that's weird. Yeah sure."
Le Santiago: "Pardon?"
Peter|GM: Saber is active!
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Lady Elizabeth: "The orb thing. I wasn't payin' much attention when ya gave it to Alianor before."
Le Santiago does his best not to seem offended by this. Despite the full-face covering mask, he's quite bad at it.
Alianor hits a few dials [Lightning in a Bottle] before firing a burst at the remaining Attendant! [Semi-Auto]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 75 ( Total: 75 ) for 80/40
Alianor rolled 1d8+8 and got 4 ( Total: 12.0 )
Peter|GM: 12!
[OOC] Alianor: Also Slow 1
[OOC] Peter|GM: !!!
Peter|GM: "Here's a good time for a show of force!" [Counters Rush in Stone stance!]
Lady Elizabeth: "…That ain't how that game works!"
Peter|GM: Demogoguon quickens and calls down [Rock Crush] on Elizabeth!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 70 ( Total: 70 ) for C100/25
Peter|GM rolled 3d10+10 and got 9, 10, 4 ( Total: 33.0 )
Peter|GM: Hitting her for 33 Earth damage!
Peter|GM: …And another for Alianor, too! [C-Rush]
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 7 ( Total: 7 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM rolled 3d10+12 and got 10, 8, 6 ( Total: 36.0 )
Peter|GM: Hitting Alianor for 36 Earth damage and Long E-Shatter II!
Lady Elizabeth: "Goddamn."
Peter|GM: Echo!
Folis: "I am glad I opted for the elementals."
[OOC] Peter|GM: Of course, it ate the M-Rush, too.
Echo defends himself, taking some careful steps away from his previous position. [+2 HP, refresh shield, quicken 1]
Peter|GM: Teeming hands rush for Echo… and the bear dodges, and they lunge for the Demogoguon…!
Peter|GM: "N…no! You love me! I'm your route to salvation…!"
Lady Elizabeth flicks her ears to the side, then laughs.
Peter|GM: The Demogoguon strangles itself for [55 Water!]
Folis: "… What…"
[OOC] Lady Elizabeth: Don't forget to burn, too!
Peter|GM: "W…what do you want…!" It pulls its hands off of itself.
Lady Elizabeth: "Alright, I feel better now."
[OOC] Peter|GM: Oh, it was challenged, too. So Add +6 HP if you were hit by it recently. Sorry! <3
Le Santiago: "I believe the Captain was quite clear about that."
Peter|GM: Lady Elizabeth!
Lady Elizabeth tosses the rocket launcher over her shoulder, before switching to the Rafflesia. She lets a canister loose, before firing a [Ricochet - Air Combo] into the Demogoguon and Attendent.
[OOC] Lady Elizabeth: Wait,
[OOC] Lady Elizabeth: launch combo actually I'm bad
Lady Elizabeth rolled d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for 80
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Lady Elizabeth rolled d8+17 and got 8 ( Total: 25 ) for +8 more damage to the Demo If It Breaths, then True Strike the Attendent for 8 Physical.
[OOC] Lady Elizabeth: Then 5 Fire to the Demo!
Peter|GM: Demogoguon hacks and wheezes - 33! And then 10 from the fire!
Peter|GM: Attendant A swings into Folis and Santiago!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 87, 77 ( Total: 164 ) for C50 after Shock II
Peter|GM: But can't hit either!
Folis: "Hee hee~"
Peter|GM: Round Three - Stand Strong!
Le Santiago skids out of the way. "This…is going better than I had hoped!"
Peter|GM: Demogoguon draws a deep breath and raises its hands in peace symbols. "Believe me! Trust in me! Regardless of whatever scandal you may think have happened, your patrons will not desert you! I am honest! I am not a crook!"
Peter|GM: Demogoguon's in trouble… [WARNING: Choking Hazard vs. 5th Marker]
Peter|GM: Folis!
Lady Elizabeth: "You've lied under your breath like… three times. Since we got here."
Folis repeats her spear-gun motion, aiming… then firing a lance of lightning straight through the final attendant toward Demogoguon! [Witch Mode: Meteor Dreamline]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for 100/35
Folis rolled 1d10+16+3 and got 6 ( Total: 25.0 ) for +5 vs. Attendant
Peter|GM: It's a burst! 30! 25!
Peter|GM: Attendant's defeated!
Peter|GM: Demogoguon's cornered!
Folis lets out a puff of breath. "Man! This is exhiliarating, but it's hell on my magical reserves."
Lady Elizabeth: "Once he's down we're in the clear!"
[OOC] Le Santiago: «OVERDRIVE» https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MCAgGGZORs
Alianor: "I really hope so!"
Peter|GM: Santiago, go!
Le Santiago: "Let us end this mockery of civil order…and seize its weal for our own!" Santiago moves with a sudden burst of speed, his mask's wire mustache fluttering majestically as he strikes in a blinding cut. As he passes the thing, he stabs backwards into it. "Fearnot, Alianor; merely strike true!"
[OOC] Le Santiago: IT'S GO TIME and then Fighting Spirit
Le Santiago rolled 1d100 and got 55 ( Total: 55 ) for CoS 100 IT'S GO TIME
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Peter|GM: Everyone gains Power!
Le Santiago rolled 1d6+8 and got 3 ( Total: 11 ) for Short K-Power and Short E-Power to everyone!
Le Santiago rolled 1d100 and got 27 ( Total: 27 ) for COS 80 Fighting Spirit (Alianor gets Focus and Lucky)
Le Santiago rolled 1d6+11 and got 5 ( Total: 16 )
Peter|GM: 11! 16!
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Peter|GM: As the fighting Spirit smacks into it…
Peter|GM: Demogoguon cowers in fear!
[OOC] Peter|GM: Hates Launch - it's Short K-Shattered I!
Alianor fires another burst at it! [Semi-Auto, C-Rush+4]
Alianor rolled 1d100-15 and got 79 ( Total: 64.0 ) for 80/60
[OOC] Alianor: -1 LP to crit
Peter|GM: It's a critical hit!
Alianor rolled 3d8+14+4+3+3 and got 6, 5, 5 ( Total: 40.0 ) for K-Power and K-Shatter included
Peter|GM: A tremendous 40!
Peter|GM: "Let's be reasonable! Let's stop, and talk things through, and…"
Peter|GM: It puts its hands behind its back and starts cranking up one of those mummies into reach.
Peter|GM: Echo!
[OOC] Alianor: Also Slow 0 because I don't want it to change positions…
[OOC] Lady Elizabeth: Actually, do slow it
[OOC] Lady Elizabeth: It might heal itself on its turn, remember what the seed did before combat?
[OOC] Alianor: Or Slow 1 if Elizabeth really wants to test the Suit out, okay
Echo roars loudly, calling a lightning spirit to cover his club. He springs from his defensive stance straight into swinging it into the Demogoguon! [Volt Buster, C Rush]
Echo rolled 1d100 and got 31 ( Total: 31 )
Peter|GM: Strikes true!
Echo rolled d6+8+4+3+3+3+6 and got 1 ( Total: 28.0 ) for Mace, K-Power, K-Shatter, Defended, C Rush
Peter|GM: 28!
Peter|GM: Elizabeth!
[OOC] Echo: oh and Short Shock I
Lady Elizabeth: "And…. we're done here." She loads another canister into the rafflesia, before firing into the monster. [Fade - Air Combo]
Lady Elizabeth rolled d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 ) for 80
Peter|GM: … … … !
Peter|GM: Streams of light begin to crackle out from within the fiend…
Lady Elizabeth rolled d6+28 and got 5 ( Total: 33 )
Peter|GM: 33!
Peter|GM: …Before it explodes into glittering, rainbow colored stardust!
Peter|GM: Way to go!
Folis: "… Phew."
Folis plops down on the ground for a moment.
Le Santiago: "Ancient horrors are poorly equipped to deal with the requirements of the modern age."
Peter|GM: A HEROIC VICTORY. After a grueling battle, only one party stands. There will be many more in time, but for now, celebration. Got +14 EXP.
Le Santiago: (That's 23 total?)
Peter|GM: The Palace begins to shudder,
Peter|GM: and the hands begin to disintegrate,
[OOC] Alianor: 6 + 3 + 14, yeah that adds up to 23
Peter|GM: peeling away from the blue-and-green stained glass windows that line the far wall.
Peter|GM: Sunlight - fading sunlight, but sunlight all the same - pours in.
Lady Elizabeth: "Whew."
Lady Elizabeth shoulders her guns, before quickly hopping forward to scoop up the seed.
Le Santiago: "And to think, I liked the hand motif at first."
Lady Elizabeth: "I know, right?"
Peter|GM: Elizabeth: Got it.
Alianor lets out a sigh of relief as she starts venting steam from Priscilla. "Oh good, the hands are disappearing."
Peter|GM: Other than a staircase leading downards to the right of the altar, there's nothing else here.
Lady Elizabeth: "Okay."
Lady Elizabeth: "Ya'll can check down there real quick, then head over to Site B and gather the rest of the crew. I'm gunna head back to the Lucky Molly and start gettin' ready to set sail as soon as ya'll get back."
Lady Elizabeth gives a nod to Santiago, then starts jogging out of here.
Folis: "I'm heading back too, I'm in poor condition to continue fighting."
Lady Elizabeth shouts over her shoulder. "Head to Site B an' find Elbereth then and let her know we're leavin', since you know where they are!"
Folis: "Oh! Yes, captain!"
Folis salutes, then darts away!
Alianor: "Priscilla's nearly out of juice, but we can check down that way, at least."
Peter|GM: Down the stairs:
Echo: "Alright, Captain." He heads down the staircase.
Peter|GM: Though watery, torch-lit, and serene, this is clearly a dungeon.
Peter|GM: Behind its bars - before which is a pad - stands, solemn, waiting, a luminous blue spirit, carrying a trident, with the body of a sea-serpent from the waist below, a river-haired woman from the waist up.
Peter|GM: None alive today remember the name of this spirit,
Peter|GM: But it is "Undine" .
Echo bows deeply to the spirit.
Peter|GM: The spirit bows in return.
Peter|GM: "It's been some time," it says. "And you aren't the usual supplicants. Have the lords been…" She tilts her head.
Alianor blinks as she takes in the prison, looking over the strange creature. "…Okay, this is not what I was expecting to find in here."
Peter|GM: "Chased off? Aged to decreptitude? You know…"
Echo: "Missing. They left centuries ago. We don't know why."
Peter|GM: A smile. "I hadn't considered exactly what I was expecting to happen to them, in the end."
Alianor: "Ah, the Architects? Patrons? Whatever you want to call them, they left back to the stars ages ago."
Peter|GM: A frown. "A little disappointing but… as good as anything, I suppose."
Peter|GM: "If you wouldn't mind?" She gestures, with trident, to the pad.
[OOC] Echo: What can I tell about the spirit with Mysticism?
Peter|GM: Echo: This is an extremely ancient and powerful water spirit. Feel free to roll Mysticism to divine more!
Echo rolled 4d6 and got 2, 4, 2, 3 ( Total: 11 )
[OOC] Echo: 1 LP
Echo: He nods, and then steps on the pad.
Peter|GM: A distant rumbling, and the bars slide away.
Peter|GM: "I am Undine,"
Peter|GM: "And separated from the ebb and flow of the tides, I have missed much news about the world."
Peter|GM: "For… untold time, the beings known as the Patrons have channeled the natural Mana of the world into their Arcoliths,"
Peter|GM: "Leaving the world and its people only dregs."
Alianor raises an eyebrow, looking back and forth between Echo and Undine, but doesn't see a reason to stop him from releasing her.
Alianor: "Only dregs? What would that have meant for the rest of us?"
Peter|GM: She shimmers out, reaching out and stroking Echo's muzzle. Cool, refreshing water.
Peter|GM: "Sickness, chaos, stagnation."
Peter|GM: "The natural flow of the world was mired in oblivion while they grew fat."
Peter|GM: She takes her hand away, smiling coyly behind it. "The world of the spirits and the world of the mortals seldom rub up against one another,"
Peter|GM: "But I'm happy for this little coincidence."
Peter|GM: "Thank you."
Echo: "It is a pleasure to meet you, Undine. I'm sorry to see that you've been trapped all this time."
Peter|GM: "That's right. You're lucky the oceans didn't all dry up. You mortals can barely take care of yourselves."
Echo laughs. "True."
Peter|GM: A little giggle. "That's not too cruel, is it? I think I'd be better be mysterious and vanish,"
Peter|GM: "But I'll answer one more question."
Peter|GM: "That's appropriately ceremonial, isn't it?"
Echo nods.
Echo: "Two of the other arcoliths have been opened. Presumeably, they would hold spirits of Fire and Air like yourself. If they were released, something would have changed in the last several decades, would it not? Is it likely that they are still trapped, or maybe under new 'masters', then?"
Peter|GM: "There's open, and there's -" Watery airquotes. " " Open ". If Salamander or Jinn were rescued, they'd come right to me."
Peter|GM: "So, they must still be trapped."
Alianor: "If they're also in prisons like this, I could just see the Empire leaving them in there while studying them."
Peter|GM: "You humans still have empires?" A mysterious giggle. "I guess it makes sense."
Peter|GM: "I'll be departing, now."
Echo: "Farewell, Undine."
Peter|GM: "Remember that I'm watching over you, and cheering."
Peter|GM: "I'm that grateful, after all."
Peter|GM: She vanishes like a fleeting tide.
Alianor: "Ah, enjoy your freedom?"
Le Santiago: "…They were nice."
Le Santiago: "But I will admit, this is rather outside my baliwick"
Echo: "Yes. A tragedy that the Patrons trapped her here. Especially after they left."
Le Santiago: "Horrible, these patrons."
Peter|GM: MEANWHILE, UP ABOVE:
Le Santiago: "The Empire must be envious."
Peter|GM: Folis heads to Site B to alert that expedition, as the Lady Elizabeth makes hasty preparations.
Folis huffs and puffs again as she takes the shortest routes she can muster, back to where she last saw the party, that strange 'roof' of the Arcolith.
Folis: "Elbereth! Elly! EL! Heeeeeey-"
Peter|GM: Indeed, there the expedition is.
Peter|GM: The Twilight is getting closer by the second, out on the ocean. But the Molly's engines are firing up, too.
Folis trips and goes sprawling. Thankfully not rolling off an edge or somesuch. She remains there on the ground, rolled onto her back. Huff. Puff.
Folis: "Ouch…"
Elbereth smiles. "I take it you've had quite the show."
Folis: "Yeah… we're done here, I think. Captain's getting everything ready to get the hell out of here, the rest of my side went down deeper to investigate something."
Folis tilts her head at Elbereth from her prone position. "You're a mysterious sort, did you feel anything from this a while back?"
Folis: "From the Arcolith?"
Elbereth leans down and offers a hand. "I can see the ships from here, but I appreciate you coming all the same."
Folis: "Oh…"
Folis sighs heavily as she allows herself to be pulled up.
Folis: "I'm… not sure why I came back, then. Oh well."
Peter|GM: The Lucky Molly is moving.
Folis: "Ah… I'm afraid I won't be of much use in any fights right now, my magical reserves are… minimal."
Folis: "Hey… I really hope it's the captain doing that…"
Elbereth shakes her head. "If Lady Mcgunnery sent someone to retrieve me, she likely did so to ensure I didn't do something she wouldn't like. I'll come with you."
Peter|GM: Ships start moving slowly, of course.
Peter|GM: But it's picking up steam. Sailing away. Quickly away from the island, engines gunned.
Folis: "Uh…"
Folis: "Elly…"
Peter|GM: Towards the Twilight.
Peter|GM: BELOW:
Elbereth smiles. "Or she didn't want you following her."
Peter|GM: That is what the party sees as they exit the Site.
Folis: "Why, Elly? Why would the captain…?"
Alianor: "…Wait. Is Miss Elizabeth doing something… rather crazy? Because I'm pretty sure we're supposed to be on that before it leaves."
Peter|GM: The Twilight, in the distance, raises a signal flag.
Elbereth makes her way back down the ladder and out of Site B.
Folis follows Elbereth sullenly, ears pinned down against her head.
Peter|GM: The others are there, Elbereth, upon the black, stony shore.
Elbereth: "I was hoping my discussion that night would have persuaded her otherwise."
Folis: "She's like… bribing them off or something, right…?"
Peter|GM: …BOOM! There's an explosion, charges going off! A tremendous cloud of billowing smoke and ash explodes from the entrance of Site A -
Peter|GM: The noise is piercing, tremendous, interrupting everything for a bone-shattering moment.
Peter|GM: Behind the party, the entrance to the Arcolith is closed in a mountain of rubble!
Folis: "…"
[OOC] Peter|GM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZSMUh0IocY
Peter|GM: ]
Alianor slowly removes her hands from her ears at the sudden noise, having crouched down. "…What in the nine hells did she do?"
Folis: "Do you think…"
Folis: "… nevermind. I don't wanna think."
Folis slowly sits down and curls up.
Peter|GM: In the distance, the Molly comes along the Twilight.
Peter|GM: What happens between them cannot be seen.
Peter|GM: …And then, both ships sail away.
Folis: "I guess it figures…"
Folis: "I'd lose someone else like that, too."
Folis: "Just like that knight."
Elbereth wordlessly heads back to the camp to gather her things.
Folis pushes herself up and follows.
There's a crumpled up ball of paper within them that wasn't there this morning.
Alianor: "Don't you have a dragon to kill before we try to figure out a way back to Leviathan?"
Folis: "Probably."
Elbereth uncrumples the paper in her pack and reads over it.
Folis: "I'd say I don't care, but… now we need everything we can get our hands on."
Lady Elizabeth: -
Lady Elizabeth: Dear Elbereth,
Lady Elizabeth: I know you're going to be disapointed. And angry. I can't even begin to imagine which emotion is winning, at the moment.
Lady Elizabeth: All I can say is that I'm sorry.
Lady Elizabeth: I didn't want you to get caught up in this.
Lady Elizabeth: But it was the only way I could think of to protect Leviathan.
Lady Elizabeth: I made a deal with the Empire to secure control of Leviathan in exchange for a treasure hidden deep within the arcolith.
Lady Elizabeth: So, I'm sorry. More sorry than you might believe in your current mood, but I really am.
Lady Elizabeth: I'm sure you noticed the explosion in Site A.
Lady Elizabeth: That was me.
Lady Elizabeth: They told me to kill you all.. but I couldn't do that. That's not who I am.
Lady Elizabeth: And so, the explosion. From a distance, it'll look like I collapsed the building on top of everyone there.
Lady Elizabeth: But I made sure everyone was out before it went off.
Lady Elizabeth: I had to make it believeable that I killed everyone that went with me though. And that means you, too.
Lady Elizabeth: I'm sorry.
Lady Elizabeth: I left some supplies behind, hopefully they'll be of use to you and the others.
Lady Elizabeth: I promise, I will be back. I don't know when, maybe a few weeks, maybe a month or two.
Lady Elizabeth: I just need to wait for things to calm down before I can return for you.
Lady Elizabeth: I WILL COME BACK. Even if you hate me now, please believe that I would never abandon you here.
Lady Elizabeth: Just sit tight and wait for me. The nearby waters should be full of fish, and you can probably salvage some more supplies from the other site.
Lady Elizabeth: I'm sorry.
Lady Elizabeth: Just, please. Site tight and wait. Don't do anything stupid. And I'll be back as soon as I can. I know you'll be okay until then.
Lady Elizabeth: With regret and love in equal measure,
Lady Elizabeth: Elizabeth.
Lady Elizabeth: -
Elbereth lets out a small sigh. "I wonder if she caught on to what I was planning on doing had she not gotten to the ship first."
Elbereth: "I regret to inform all of you that the payment stipulated in the contract may be delayed."
Alianor: "…I think I'd figured that much out."
Folis: "… I don't care about the payment."
Echo: "…my people do."
Elbereth: "Please understand however that Lady Elizabeth much like myself, loves Leviathan more than anything in this world."
Elbereth: "And we were both willing to do some questionable things if it meant protecting our home."
Folis: "…"
Alianor: "Just what were you planning to do, anyway? And Mr. Echo, feel free to shake Miss Elizabeth like a ragdoll next we see her."
Folis: "Please don't."
Echo: "…I might."
Elbereth: "Board their ship and light them ablaze with my Thaumaturgy."
Lobelia: "Elbereth." Lobelia puts a hand on her shoulder, having read the note as well. "As the closest thing to a guardian she can claim, I must ask your permission to slap Elizabeth. Just once, the next time we see her, to settle the debt." She smiles. "What I REALLY want to do is punch her, but I wouldn't want to upset you."
Folis: "But then…"
Folis: "We would have…"
Folis sighed. "Six of one, half dozen of another."
Elbereth: "I'm not sure if any of you were awake the first night at camp, but I accused Lady Mcgunnery of intending to sail away and we both firmly established that we'd do anything to save our home."
Echo: "I wasn't expecting her to sell out to the Empire to do it."
Folis: "I'm hoping it was just the treasures."
Elbereth: "They came with an armada of ships. Unless the Empire backed off on their own terms there was little we could do to stop them from reaching Leviathan."
Folis: "I hope she bought her own safety as well."
Elbereth: "She certainly took a different approach than me, however. I was planning to try to barter with them before boarding their main vessel. After lightning it ablaze with my Thaumaturgy I would have used the barrier magic I acquired to trap both I and the Black Knight and his envoy in the hold of the ship as it sunk to the depths."
Le Squide: (Is it assumed everyone from site A is reunited with everyone else now?)
Peter|GM: (Yes, absolutely - flabbergasted, on the black shore, or in the threshhold of Site B.)
Folis: "I just want to sleep now. I'm done with today."
Folis: "At least I didn't lose a friend the way I first thought."
Folis: "Maybe another way."
Folis: "… Small comforts I suppose."
Elbereth: "If any could assist Echo Thirty-Six, I believe it pertinent to forage for more fruits. We should make a conscious effort to make our rations last longer."
Folis: "Yeah. I can help a bit. Do that, at least.
Le Squide sighs, having removed his mask and removed most of his armor. "Fruit sounds…practical. And good, I'm tired of preserved fish."
Le Squide: "I must admit, her approach worked better than mine would have."
Echo: "There's at least one monster on the beach we need to deal with first."
Folis: "I'm in no shape to fight."
Lobelia: "I'm going to do something about those rocks covering up Site A's entrance, or… take care of that monster, if we've got a hunting party. I've got to sweat off this anger if I'm to rest tonight."
Echo: "I riled it up, I can certainly help deal with it."
A quiet murmur is heard from one of the bags
Peter|GM: IN THE FADING SUN,
Peter|GM: Joined by fate and cast upon the rocks of bad fortune,
Peter|GM: A strange lot are now stranded upon the black shore of the Arcolith.
Peter|GM: But know this: A courageous heart is not easily stilled,
Peter|GM: And harshest circumstance can always be overcome.
A quiet murmur is heard from one of the bags
Peter|GM: When there are stories of miracles,
Peter|GM: Of impossibilities,
Peter|GM: Of the pure of heart,
Peter|GM: They are stories of moments like this.
Peter|GM: A MYSTERIOUS SEED, SPROUTING IN THE LIGHT OF MANA.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License