ch1-10

Peter|GM: THE BASE CAMP, AT THE ARCOLITH "FILIOS" .
Peter|GM: The fishermen are not taking to their usual fishing-ground today - as the day has progressed, the Imperial Fleet has only gotten closer, spreading out across the ocean like the stakes of a fence. Those little boats have shied away, well cautioned.
Folis has gone tearassing over to the other team to warn them about the fleet, but now that they can be more plainly seen, well…
Elbereth glances up from the campfire as Folis approaches. She's definitely seen better days given her and Lobelia's encounter last night. "Miss Folis, nice to see you."
Elbereth: "Is everything treating you well?"
Folis: "Hey, Elbereth! What happened to you? This is the second time I've see you hecked up in some manner or another."
Folis: "And yeah, fine enough! When I'm not magically scorching my hands off from my own curiosity."
Elbereth: "Lady Wintervine and I made a small mistep trying to fell a beast, is all. Had we had better foresight we may have defeated it. I'm waiting for her to get ready, we went into the Arcolith by ourselves yesterday."
Folis: "Bit of a story which results in me getting the occasional knack for hilariously powerful spellwork."
Folis: "What the heck did you go as just a pair for?"
Elbereth: "The Wyrm seems to be responsible for creating the murky substance that petrifies people at the lake. With the imperials fast approaching we couldn't just sit idly by."
Folis: "Why not leave it and let the Imperials bumble into it?"
Folis: "Not~ our~ problem~ anymore~"
Lobelia returns from the ship's deck, having swapped out her dirty bandages for fresh ones and donned her armor again. "It looked tough." She smiles. "Like hell am I going to let them have all the fun."
Elbereth smiles slightly. "One approach to be certain, but I was hoping to explore areas blocked by water."
Folis stares at Lobelia a moment.
Folis: "You're like the most hardcore person in the team I've seen so far."
Elbereth: "In all honesty, I am surprised Lady Wintervine retreated at all. I was prepared to have quite the finishing salvo."
Folis: "Interesting."
Folis: "I… sup-POSE leaving potential treasure behind is a pretty daft thing to do."
Elbereth stands up before nodding to Lobelia. "Since you have arrived, I take it we're ready to go?"
Folis: "Yup!"
Folis: "Just lead the way!"
Lobelia: "Ah, those wounds weren't even the right kind of hurt. It was the kind that leaves you with a headache, not cuts and bruises. Besides, it'd be one thing if I got myself hurt, but I promised Lady Elizabeth I'd keep you safe, Elbereth."
Folis hefts her staff meaningfully, but nearly drops it laughing at Lobelia's comment.
Alianor: "The captain certainly seems to think so, about treasure anyways."
Folis: "Gods, I was right. This is going to be awesome."
Elbereth: "Lady Mcgunnery does have a knack for finding things like that. I'm afraid I've simply had to explore with my eyes rather than my intuition."
Lobelia nods. "Are we getting ourselves soaked again? Doesn't seem wise to me, considering the water was going foul once again."
Folis: "Don' we have a suit for that?"
Elbereth: "We do. But it won't help the entire party get through the duct and up the waterfall. We'll have to enter through the actual entrance this time."
Lobelia: "Yes… I'm afraid it doesn't have room for four, however." Smile.
Folis: "… That's an interesting thought."
Folis: "Hah!"
Folis: "Whatever, let's go bang on the castle doors then."
Elbereth glances at Alianor. "Has the arcolith been meeting your expectations, Miss Sheridan?"
Elbereth: "I admit I'm curious as to what your findings have been thus far."
Elbereth starts to make her way into Site B. Her destination is the sanctuary in the coral cave.
Folis plods along, using the staff to help pace herself.
Alianor: "Oh, definitely. It's amazing the kind of machinery inside, and the hints on what the Architects were like."
Alianor considers for a moment, then follows after them, quite curious what the other site is like. They're in a break from the first site, anyways.
Folis: "Apart from being weird and mind-blowingly ostentatious."
Elbereth: "Is that not information your parents already uncovered, though? I recall you saying they too researched the arcoliths. Or does this one house different machinery from the others?"
Peter|GM: To reach Site B, one must first climb up towards Site A on the left, then cross over the channel running between them, stepping carefully across the coral.
Alianor: "There's a large difference between seeing what was noted down in my mother's research, and seeing it for myself. For example, it's one thing to see a sword drawn in a book, it's another entirely to watch the process of creating one."
Elbereth: "You are definitely a better cartographer than I, Lady Wintervine. Do you think that this path will connect to the area we were in before? Or did we go to a place between the two Sites given the security alarms and the fact that we were in the rafters of Site A for parts?"
Folis: "And a difference between 'weird' and 'we're going to make a water pipe made of statue hands'."
Peter|GM: Inside, a sparkling, crystalline garden of coral-like plants, in magnificent bloom. A vaulted glass ceiling is a tremendous distance overhead, letting sunlight pour in and shine over the strange accoutrements of the garden.
Folis: "Whoa…"
Elbereth continues down the path leading further in. "I'm sorry to disappoint you though Alianor. Our site hasn't had much machinery and has instead been full of Lizards, Serpents and plant-life."
Lobelia: "Hmm… That depends. Was there a tree of unusually large size in Site A? If not, then we are on the right course."
Folis: "Was the plant life feral too?"
Alianor whistles softly. "That's quite the sight… Oh. It's still interesting to see what the Architects locked up in here, though."
Peter|GM: In the center, a tower watches over the whole garden. Passage into the sanctuary is north, beyond it.
Elbereth shakes her head at Folis. "Not yet, at least. Did you encounter any Lizards in Site A? They were definitely organic and seemed to be running a security system of sorts over here."
Folis: "Nope."
Folis: "Just artificial life."
Folis: "And a giant flaming gigas."
Peter|GM: There - a wood paneled room, with a little flower garden on a raised dais. Above it hang stone fragments suspended from wooden chains, in a pattern that might almost suggest a goddess statue.
Peter|GM: Benches, too.
Folis: "That was kind of awesome even though I pretty much lost my temper."
Folis: "Man!"
Elbereth: "Strange. I wonder how long they've been locked in here, then. And why would they be patrolling and armed if they had been locked in isolation for this many years?"
Folis: "Someone in here has a serious hate boner for these statues."
Folis: "There's the one back in A that lost its head…"
Folis: "The other one that was being fuckin' strangled…"
Folis: "And this one's just been annihilated."
Elbereth: "At least this statue seems to actually BE a statue, Miss Folis. The one we found at the pond was a petrified human who touched the water."
Alianor: "It is quite bizarre, since why would they have the statues here in the first place? I wonder if it was an attitude shift sometime after they were built?"
Lobelia: "I was considering that must mean they have some sort of food in here as well. Perhaps those ferns floating in the tubes are edible, or…" Her smile flickers briefly. "Well, if there is a food supply, I hope it is not the traditional lizard diet of insects. That would be most unhelpful."
Folis: "Petrified…?"
Folis: "E-ehhh…"
Elbereth nods. "The Wyrm Lobelia and I tried to fell has been polluting the water. It seeps ooze out of its eyes and any that touch the water its been infected with turn to stone."
Folis: "Then how come you didn't turn to stone when you were fighting it?"
Alianor: "Sounds like a really good reason to stay back and shoot it…"
Elbereth: "I would assume it's because we weren't submerged and it was going downhill."
Folis: "Then how did…"
Folis: "You know what, nevermind."
Folis: "I'm just going to chalk it up to providence."
Lobelia: "Right. Or perhaps it's not as baneful when it's fresh. The petrification could be caused by its poison rotting, or fermenting."
Elbereth nods. "An old friend of mine often relied on dumb luck as their explanation. It's only fair for me to do the same."
Folis: "Neat."
Folis: "So, doubtless we'll be seeing its ugly mug again… any advice?"
Elbereth: "I'll explain if we find our old path."
Folis: "'kay!"
[OOC] Elbereth: Do we have any exits in this room or is it just a garden
[OOC] Peter|GM: Ah yes my apologies~
Elbereth heads towards the northern edge of the room and continues onwards.
Peter|GM: Just beyond:
Elbereth: "The gist of it though is that you'll want to beat its ugly mug in as quickly as possible and it fears fire."
Peter|GM: Hallways lit by amber lights filtering through grating above.
Folis: "Oh! I have fire!"
Elbereth: "It actually does more harm than good if you destroy its eyes."
Folis: "… Maybe not a lot of fuel though. I'll need to be careful."
Peter|GM: Hissing pumps drive water - some of which is tinted a rusty brown - through clear pipes that wind and spiral along the metal walls.
Peter|GM: These pipes seem to have been added and added and added beyond the original design of the hallway - they even cover up an access panel on the west side.
Peter|GM: The metal catwalk runs to the nroth.
Folis: "Okay, I've seen weird, this just seems… dumb?"
Elbereth continues down the hallway to the north. "Quite the waterworks they have going on in here. I wonder why they felt they needed to use so much pipe rather than going in a straight line."
Folis: "Maybe it's like…"
Folis: "Multi-filtered…?"
Lobelia: "I suppose it's used for something other than drinking. Water that color should not be potable."
Folis: "It is if you're dying."
The dolls poke their heads out from Folis' pack. "Who's dying, do I need to heal them?"
Folis: "Th'f-"
Folis: "Kit?!"
Kit: "Yes?"
Folis: "How did you-"
Folis: "You're a SNEAK!"
Kit: "Kinda, yeah"
Elbereth smiles. "They've been in my apron and Lady Wintervines pack as well in the past."
Folis: "Do you like… notice them at all, or…?"
Alianor blinks at the familiars, shaking her head, before peering over the pipes, trying to follow their pathing. "That's quite a mess."
Folis: "Or are they just, THERE?"
Folis: "I didn't grant them that… they must have learned it on their own."
Folis is positively beaming. "I'm SO PROUD!"
Kit: "Do you know how many kids have tried to play with us since we lost you?, we had to learn how to hide!"
Folis: "Right… I'm sorry about that."
Peter|GM: The pipes wind northwards, to a circular room, where they wind into a bellows-like pump, that wheezes as it's drawn up and down, up and down. There's a pack of lizardmen-soldiers standing before it, with cleaver-like swords. Three of em.
Folis: "I got… way, way, way sidetracked."
Kit: "I mean… we like kids, just, too many!"
Elbereth: "From what I understand while they don't sleep, they do seem to take liberties to recharge at times. If I find them laying around my things I merely take it as an invitation to take them along for when they decide to speak up."
Elbereth: "Ah. These are the organic creatures I spoke of earlier. They fear water."
Folis: "Oh, that's quite polite of you!"
Folis: "Thank you, Elbereth."
Lobelia: "Bellows… That room with the tree had a lot of hot mist on the upper level. Could this be where that mist originates from?"
Elbereth: "It's possible. Do recall the boars and serpents powered up while in mist as well."
Elbereth: "But as these fear and not resist water, I do not think it will be an issue."
Folis: "Boars?"
Alianor: "That sounds plausible… Oh, that's what you mean by the lizards."
Folis: "There are boars runnin' around here? Are they edible?"
Elbereth: "They look like boars at least, but they are made of coral with red shells."
Folis: "Damn."
Elbereth nods to Lobelia. "Shall we?"
Folis: "Oh well, let's dance!"
Kit looks around "Where's the band?, How do you expect to dance without music?"
Folis: "Well, you see…"
Elbereth: "Lady Wintervine, I believe these are the three lizards we scared off burning the tree earlier?"
Folis: "How did it go again…?"
Folis: "Dance to the song of ringing steel!"
Folis poses.
Peter|GM: As the party approaches, a Spindle-automaton climbs down from the nest of pipes running along the roof, hanging upside-down from one of the lower-hanging ones.
Peter|GM: Its eye shines.
Alianor: "…You don't even use any steel, though?"
Folis: "Sh-shush!"
Kit looks at Kat, who just headtilts with a shrug
Folis: "Oh, great. Spindle."
Peter|GM: IT'S A FIGHT!
Elbereth: "Worry not. Exhausted, they can do little."
Peter|GM: Humans gain Drive. Folis, would you like to Quicken?
Elbereth: "You may be able to make magic be cast more freely, but I can make enemies require more mana to cast."
Lobelia cracks her knuckles. "If they're the same ones, then I'd wager our way up must not be far. Let's play with them for a bit until they're too tired." Smile!
Folis stays put for now!
Alianor: "Thank heavens it's not one of the alarming ones."
Peter|GM: The Spindle fires a beam at Kit!
Peter|GM: ROUND ONE - Showtime!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 98 ( Total: 98 ) for 100/25
Folis: "Oh, well, if it doesn't make noise, then it's not nearly as bad."
[OOC] Elbereth: 1 LP dodge that Callyn
Peter|GM rolled d8+18 and got 5 ( Total: 23.0 )
Peter|GM: Burning for 23 Fire damage unless dodged!
Kit ducks back into Folis' pack (-1 LP)
Alianor: "I think that was unique to the museum area we're currently exploring in the other site."
Peter|GM: It zooms overhead, searing against the wall behind!
Peter|GM: Kit!
Folis: "Hey! Don't use me as a shield, I'm a mage!"
Alianor: "It's true, Echo makes a much better shield to hide behind."
Elbereth: "And yet you're the only one in the front row besides Lady Wintervine." A smile.
Folis: "…"
Folis: "Okay, point well taken."
Folis: "Stay close, Kit and Kat!"
Kit pokes at Kat, prodding him out of the bag, and maybe making a few ability changes too (Program Install, Switching Philosophy Cannon for Slam Punch, +2 Fuel, M-Air+1)
Peter|GM: Got it!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis hurriedly picks up the dolls and sets them on the ground, before taking a pace or so back. "Hang on, I have a plan!" [Reposition]
Folis: "Someone build up some speed!"
Folis: "I can use that to do something amazing!"
Kat gives Folis a thumbs up!
Peter|GM: Lizard Soldier A hurls a [Hooked Chain] at Elbereth!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 ) for 100/25
Peter|GM: With a flash of arcane light, it hauls her into the front row, pulling her and inflicting Long Challenge and Short K-Shatter!
Elbereth smiles. "I was just about to come up front to play, regardless."
Elbereth: "I accept your challenge."
Peter|GM: Soldier C slashes her, sword ready!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 5 ( Total: 5 ) for C90
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+17 and got 3 ( Total: 20.0 ) for Boosted by Shatter
Peter|GM: Striking for 20 physical after Shatter!
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Alianor takes aim at the Spindle [Lock On] before unloading a burst at it! [Semi-Auto]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 63 ( Total: 63 ) for 80/40
[OOC] Alianor: -2 LP to make that crit with Lock On double LP use
Alianor rolled 3d8+12 and got 8, 3, 3 ( Total: 26.0 )
Peter|GM: It's a critical hit - 26! The spindle wiggles as the gunfire rattles it, and it drops down onto the metal floor.
Peter|GM: The third lizardman slashes at Elbereth also!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 64 ( Total: 64 ) for C90
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+17 and got 3 ( Total: 20.0 ) for Boosted by Shatter
Elbereth side steps that one for 3 LP.
Peter|GM: - But she dodges!
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
Elbereth slides backwards from the blast as a torrent of water gushes from her hands and across the battlefield. The three lizards and the Spindle are engulfed by the forthcoming tsunami. [Overdrive - Nova Regulus | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8CmfRgxvVQ ]
Folis: "Whoa whoa whoa, what?"
Folis: "This is what Elbereth is really capable of? Damn!"
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 55 ( Total: 55 ) for burst check
Elbereth rolled d6+8 and got 2 ( Total: 10.0 ) for +5 to lizards, -6 to all but taunted, L-Exhaust to all
Kit: "Yeah, Kind Lady can do lots of cool stuff!"
Elbereth then locks on to her challenger, her [Sixth Sense] ready. She dashes towards the Lizard as a blade of ice materializes in her hand. [Arctic Slice]
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 81 ( Total: 81 ) for burst check
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness vs. Lizardmen! [15] [9] [9] [4]!
Elbereth rolled 2d6+25 and got 5, 4 ( Total: 34.0 )
Peter|GM: The massive wave crashes through the whole battlefield, until then, with a snap, it is gone.
Peter|GM: And then - slice, for 34!
Folis: "Wow… I think I'm in love again."
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
Elbereth adopts a fighting stance in the front row. "I couldn't let you and Lady Wintervine take all the hits up front. Please allow me to ease your burden."
Folis: "Gladly!"
Kat looks up at her from beside her. "Bro, it's cool, we're small, forgive her for missing you, we're hard to see"
Elbereth: "The spindle is unable to do anything now because of the exhaust. Feel free to leave it for last."
Elbereth: "I should have mentioned that prior to you shooting it, Miss Sheridan."
Lobelia takes aim at lizard A, calmly locking her sights on its sword arm, waiting… and firing! [Snipe, C-Air]
Lobelia rolled d100 and got 10 ( Total: 10 ) for 80/60
Lobelia rolled 2d6+19 and got 4, 5 ( Total: 28 ) for 8+4 (crit) +6(combo +1(m+1)
Peter|GM: It's a critical hit!
Peter|GM: It clutches its wounded arm, tongue flicking.
Peter|GM: Kat!
Kat jumps in right after the shot, swinging his little "saber" as hard as he can, aiming for the new wound on Lizard A himself… [Slam Punch, C-Fire]
Kit rolled 1d100 and got 35 ( Total: 35 )
Peter|GM: Wham!
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Peter|GM: The sword goes clattering away! [Long K-Falter]
Kit rolled 1d6+2 and got 2 ( Total: 4.0 ) for +6 base, +2 combo, -6 Falter, Long E-Shatter
Peter|GM: Hits for 10!
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis clenches the gem containing the Unqenchable Flame, and speaks forth! "Alright, this is it! Behold, the astounding power of the Arcolith!" An incredible magical aura explodes out from around Folis, then almost as quickly gets sucked into the spell the Driftin is channeling - a massive bolt of lightning that sears right through Lizard Soldier A, right into the Spindle! [Meteor Dreamline]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 75 ( Total: 75 ) for 100/35
Peter|GM: Hits the weakness vs. Spindle!
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Folis rolled 1d10+16+4 and got 7 ( Total: 27.0 ) for Lizard Spindle
Also rolled 1d10+16+4+5 and got 4 [Total: 29.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 56.0, Avg: 5.50
Peter|GM: 27! 29!
Residual magical energy hangs on the air… then is drawn toward Kit like static energy, granting an absurd amount of invigoration! [Rush Combo: Grants Long Focus II]
Peter|GM: Ultrafocused!
Peter|GM: Round Two - Showtime!
Folis: "Heh heh heh!"
Folis coughs and sputters a bit.
Peter|GM: Spindle's hanging in there!
Peter|GM: Kit!
Kit moves over to Elbereth, and "Mend" s her with a tounch of her tiny staff [Reconstruct]
Kit rolled 1d100 and got 84 ( Total: 84 )
Kit rolled 1d8+10 and got 7 ( Total: 17.0 )
Elbereth nods. "You have my thanks."
Peter|GM: The two lizardmen attack Elbereth - though, the first one has to use his claw!
Peter|GM rolled 2d100 and got 57, 44 ( Total: 101 ) for C90
Elbereth: "Do you think they hold a grudge against me from burning down the tree…?"
Folis: "I dunno, probably."
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+11 and got 8 ( Total: 19.0 )
Also rolled 1d10+14 and got 7 [Total: 21.0 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 40.0, Avg: 7.50
Peter|GM: Striking for 19 and 21 physical!
Kit: "I would, if it was my tree"
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Folis: "You okay, Elbereth?"
Elbereth: "I'm confident that Kit can fix this after our enemies are subdued."
Kit beams. "It's what I do!"
Folis: "Good, good!"
Folis: "You're every bit the dream I'd hoped you'd be."
Alianor trips a few levers and dials on Priscilla, firing off a burst that sweeps across all of the enemies! [OD: Desperado, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwohhs3LvRQ ]
Alianor rolled 4d100 and got 65, 99, 36, 28 ( Total: 228 ) for 80/40
[OOC] Alianor: -2 LP to hit for that 2nd one to hit
Elbereth: "I'm glad I am able to meet your expectations, Miss Folis."
Peter|GM: The blaze of fire sweeps across the enemies!
Folis: "Ah- I meant- ahh-"
Folis stamps her staff on the ground, the sound re-focusing her on the battle.
Alianor rolled 1d8+8 and got 6 ( Total: 14.0 ) for 1st roll is normal damage, second roll is extra crit damage, take the total for the last two monsters. I'd roll the extra die for Lock On, but…
Also rolled 1d8+6 and got 5 [Total: 11.0 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 25.0, Avg: 5.50
[OOC] Peter|GM: 14] [14] [25] [25]!
Peter|GM: Lizardman A and the Spindle are slain!
Alianor hits another switch [Q: Lightning in a Bottle] before training a red beam on Lizard C. [Laser Sighted]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 34 ( Total: 34 ) for 100/40
Alianor rolled 2d8+14 and got 8, 5 ( Total: 27.0 )
Peter|GM: It's a critical hit - 27!
Peter|GM: Lizardman B slashes at Elbereth!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 ) for C90
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+14 and got 6 ( Total: 20.0 )
Peter|GM: Striking for 20 physical!
[OOC] Elbereth: -3 LP
Peter|GM: Elbereth, now!
Peter|GM: …But he misses!
Elbereth sidesteps before speaking up. "Now then. I believe I have a favor to repay." She smiles eyes locked on to Lizard Soldier B, her aura clearly different from her last strike to its companion. A thin sharp piece of ice forms in her hand and she hurls it into Lizardman B. [Arctic Slice - Witch Mode | Tiger Bracelet]
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 63 ( Total: 63 ) for Burst check
Elbereth rolled 3d12+17 and got 2, 1, 9 ( Total: 29.0 )
Peter|GM: Pierces through for 29!
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
Lobelia slips past the fallen lizardman and leans down, legs tense and ready to spring- she whispers "boo" and grins at lizardman B, then rises and swings her axe at its chest in a wide arc, pulling its trigger at the end of the arc, both to shoot lizardman C and to utilize the kickback to return to a ready stance! [OD: Double Attack - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRI3I0lVOcA ]
Lobelia rolled 2#1d100(1) and got 87 ( Total: 87 ) for 90/20 and 80/20
Also rolled 2#1d100(2) and got 63 [Total: 63]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 150
Peter|GM: Cuts true!
Lobelia rolled d8+10 and got 8 ( Total: 18 ) for to B
Lobelia rolled d6+8 and got 2 ( Total: 10 ) for to C
Peter|GM: 18! 10!
Peter|GM: Lobelia, the field is yours!
Lobelia slaps an extra shell into the chamber [Q: Quick Load], then chops at lizard soldier B again, cleaving it with an arc from the opposite direction, pressuring it with a wild stare and a grin! [Flicker, C-Water]
Lobelia rolled d100 and got 92 ( Total: 92 ) for 90/20
[OOC] Lobelia: -1LP
Peter|GM: Strikes true!
Lobelia rolled d8+14 and got 1 ( Total: 15 ) for 10 +4(combo)
Peter|GM: Kat!
[OOC] Lobelia: hm wait
[OOC] Lobelia: I have a stack to burn, so let's add
Lobelia rolled d8 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for this many damages
Kat joins in on hitting Lizard B, slashing and trusting his sword at it [Slam Punch]
Kit rolled 1d100 and got 26 ( Total: 26 )
Peter|GM: It's a hit!
Kit rolled 1d6+6 and got 5 ( Total: 11.0 )
Peter|GM: 11! And I'll get that 3 from earlier.
Peter|GM: Folis!
Folis darts forward, slamming her staff into Lizard B!
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 ) for 80/0
Folis rolled 1d6+6 and got 3 ( Total: 9.0 )
Folis: "Hmph-!"
Peter|GM: 9!
Peter|GM: Round Three - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Kit!
Kit touches Elbereth with her staff again, once saying "Mend" and covering the elf with healing sparkles [Reconstruct]
Kit rolled 1d100 and got 25 ( Total: 25 )
Kit rolled 1d8+13 and got 8 ( Total: 21.0 )
Peter|GM: Heals for 21! Lizardman C slashes at Elbereth!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 49 ( Total: 49 ) for C90
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+14 and got 3 ( Total: 17.0 )
Peter|GM: Slicing for 17!
Peter|GM: Alianor!
Elbereth: "My. I do wonder how Echo Thirty-Six manages to do this all day."
Elbereth: "It is rather tiring."
Alianor is going to have to take a moment to cool down Priscilla and reload it after that. [Defend, generating M-Launch+1]
Folis: "I just came from some fighting myself… so yeah…"
Peter|GM: Quicken, if you wish!
Peter|GM: Another slash from the other lizard for Elbereth!
Peter|GM rolled 1d100 and got 37 ( Total: 37 ) for C90
Elbereth: "I mostly meant taking hits, but fighting in and of itself can be rather tiring."
Peter|GM rolled 1d10+14 and got 4 ( Total: 18.0 )
Peter|GM: For 18!
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
Alianor does in fact Quicken 1, that does seem a good idea.
[OOC] Elbereth: Oh is Lobelia ahead of me?
Peter|GM: No, I misread - Elbereth!
Elbereth makes use of that M-Launch+1 and makes quick work of Lizard B. [Arctic Slice - Witch Mode]
Elbereth rolled 1d100 and got 88 ( Total: 88 ) for burst
Elbereth rolled 2d12+23 and got 10, 4 ( Total: 37.0 )
[OOC] Elbereth: +1 from M-Launch +1
Peter|GM: It's slain!
Peter|GM: Lobelia!
Lobelia swings at lizard C, pushing its back against the wall! "If you've any other tricks, now's the time to use them!" [Advance]
Lobelia rolled d100 and got 80 ( Total: 80 ) for 90/20
Peter|GM: Strikes true!
Lobelia rolled d8+10 and got 3 ( Total: 13 )
Peter|GM: It digs its claws into the metal grating beneath, holding ground! 13!
Peter|GM: Elbereth!
[OOC] Alianor: Already went, it's Kat's turn
Peter|GM: Right, yes!
Peter|GM: Kat!
Kit turns around and starts hacking away at the last Lizard, trying his best to help off it quickly [Slam Punch]
Kit rolled 1d100 and got 63 ( Total: 63 )
Kit rolled 1d6+6 and got 4 ( Total: 10.0 )
Peter|GM: 10! Folis!
Folis charges up a frozen, rose-carved ice sphere, then launches it at the last lizard - [Frozen Rose]
Folis rolled 1d100 and got 87 ( Total: 87 ) for 100/35
Folis urges it onward to destruction! [Water Combo: +4 potency]
Folis rolled 1d10+10+5+4 and got 10 ( Total: 29.0 )
Peter|GM: Blasts for 29!
Peter|GM: Round Four - Showtime!
Peter|GM: Kit!
Kit continues to heal Elbereth [Reconstruct]
Kit rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 )
Elbereth: "The beast is cornered and ready to pounce. I pray you still true, Miss Sheridan."
[OOC] Elbereth: *strike
a jingle chimes from the doll as her charm activates (Slayer's Charm, -2 Lp to burst so I can add +2 potency)
Kit rolled 1d8+12 and got 7 ( Total: 19.0 )
Alianor grins, patting the cooled-down Priscilla. "Don't you worry about that."
[OOC] Alianor: You'd only need -1 LP to burst
[OOC] Elbereth: And burst is +3 potency but I accounted for that.
Peter|GM: Alianor!
[OOC] Elbereth: And you get +1 MP back from the burst since it was 0 MP cost
[OOC] Elbereth: And you have a grimoire
[OOC] Kit: I know, but the charm adds as much potency as LP I spend on the action)
Alianor takes aim at the last Lizard, unleashing a larger burst! [Bunker Buster]
Alianor rolled 1d100 and got 68 ( Total: 68 ) for 100/40
Peter|GM: Blasts through! It's a hit!
Alianor rolled 1d8+8+6 and got 8 ( Total: 22.0 )
Peter|GM: 22! It's slain!
Folis: "… Phew."
Peter|GM: THE COAST IS CLEAR. All threats have been eliminated and the Arcolith beckons. Got +8 EXP.
Peter|GM: The massive bellows-pump hisses away, drawing and expelling a mix of water into it.
Peter|GM: Pathways lead northwards and eastward.
Peter|GM: There's a ladder running up the northwest wall, too.
Elbereth nods to Lobelia. "Up the ladder then."
Elbereth: "Do you mind patching me up a bit, Kit?"
Lobelia nods back. "If we have the time to check the other areas, we can do that after we play with that wyrm. Oh, I'm sure we'll all be fast friends with him, won't we?" Smiles.
Kit: "Sure, no problem" and she gives Elbereth a couple of "Mend" s (+30 HP)
Elbereth: "Those lizards certainly held a grudge against me."
Folis: "No joke."
Elbereth begins to climb the ladder. "If we're nearby, you may understand why soon."
Folis: "Hmm…"
Folis follows.
Kat headtilts in confusion. "Understand what?" Kit asks
The two dolls follow along as well
Elbereth smiles. "The lizards were so adamant on attacking me."
Peter|GM: Behind metal rails, the ladder runs high up, passing beyond a crowded duct. It continues upwards still, up against a metal hatch.
Peter|GM: Elbereth, push it open.
Lobelia heads up as well. "You'd think it would be difficult to catch something that's been soaking in mist for ages alight."
Elbereth will try pushing it open, sure!
Elbereth: "Such is the power of my thaumaturgy. Anything I will to catch fire will. No exceptions."
Elbereth: "A giant tree dampened by mist is no exception."
Peter|GM: Creaaaaaaaak - sunlight pours in.
Peter|GM: The hatch opens up onto the roof of the Arcolith.
Folis: "Wait…"
Folis: "Outside?"
Kit: "Fresh air!"
Elbereth makes her way on to the roof proper and takes in her surroundings. "Oh my. Not what I expected, but I'll take it."
Folis hastily climbs up and looks around.
Lobelia: "Huh…" Lobelia looks around. "Quite unexpected, yes, I agree."
Peter|GM: The roof of the Arcolith stretches out around you - to the south, the huge vaulted glass ceiling of the Fountain of Life bars passage, though a little walkway next to the gutters inches around it.
Peter|GM: The roof is dotted with two huge duct-towers, in which fans spin, to the north and northeast.
Alianor stretches in the sunlight. "Not that we were outside that long ago, but…"
Peter|GM: To the west, there's gentle slope downwards, and then the end of the roof - across the channel, the black stone building, Site A, is much taller.
Peter|GM: (You can't see an easy crossing, here.)
Elbereth: "Outside of these ventilation shafts, I'm not sure anything of interest is up here…?"
Kit: "It sure is a nice view up here though, except that place over there" she's pointing at Site A
Peter|GM: It's true - with that massive thing in the way, you can barely see the Towers, beyond.
Lobelia: "There was the one tunnel, with the mushrooms. Let's check them out, they may be related." Lobelia heads in the direction of one of the ducts.
Peter|GM: The northwest duct.
Peter|GM: The scent of murk is familiar.
Peter|GM: …Your dragon is almost definitely down there.
Kat pinches his nose, waving a hand in front of his face, all while making a disgusted face
Elbereth: "Where to then, Lady Wintervine?"
Peter|GM: …Wait, out on the ocean.
Lobelia looks down the duct. How're we scaling our way down this thing? She waves Elbereth over. "Smells like that toxic crap it was spewing. I do believe I have a lead."
Peter|GM: An Imperial ship has slipped away from the picket.
Peter|GM: It looks like it's sailing for the Arcolith.
Folis: "Hey, uh…"
Peter|GM: There's no denying it.
Peter|GM: It's the Twilight!
Folis: "They're sending -"
Kit: "Uhh, there's a ship out there, looks like it's heading this way…"
Folis: "It's…"
Folis: "It's the Twilight…"
Folis: "That's the ship I came here on…"
Kit looks at Folis. "The what?"
Kit: "Ohhhhh…"
Elbereth: "Pardon…?"
Folis: "Gods… the ship I got crated up on and washed away from."
Folis: "Does that mean… they're coming here, too?"
Lobelia: "Hm?" Lobelia looks up, her smile breaking with a quick eye twitch. "Oh, bloody hells below."
Folis: "That knight…"
Kit: "Oh, that's not nice… What, knight, you mean, The Knight?"
Alianor: "…That sounds like we definitely need to leave before they arrive."
Folis: "If my feelings are right… the one that used to be my friend… but also, that black knight."
Folis: "THE Black Knight."
Elbereth: "I would not advise going down this duct, Lady Wintervine. Breaking the fan aside, there could be more fans further down."
Kat's face turns into an angry scowl while Kit starts a panic dance "Oh no, oh that's bad, we need to go soon, yes… bad, bad, bad"
Elbereth: "If possible I would prefer keeping the ventilation system intact lest we suffocate from the stench down there."
Lobelia: "Remember, team. Despite all the stories, despite all he's done…" She sighs, frustration and disappointment leaking from the slump in her posture. "He's just a bastard in a rubber suit and a tin can."
Folis: "…"
Folis: "I… okay."
Lobelia: "And from what I've heard? I'd wager he'd do a lot worse than you if he was shoved overboard." She gives Folis a smile.
Kat looks in Kit's direction, and Kit turns to look back… "No Kat, he's bad news, I will not have you try to fight him, even if it is for all he's done to Mistress Folis!"
Folis: "… Right…"
Folis: "No time to panic, anyway. We need to make a plan, even if it's just getting the hell out of here."
Elbereth: "I cannot say I have any ire for the current generation of the Empire. My fued dates back a century and their kin cannot be held accountable for the actions of their ancestors."
Folis: "I had my entire village razed."
Folis: "So…"
Elbereth nods. "Should they try to endanger Leviathan, it is a different story of course."
Folis: "That's my angle."
Folis: "I will, of course, stand strong with you all."
Folis: "I owe you a debt of gratitude for taking me in."
Lobelia turns back to Elbereth. "Well… We could try climbing back down and taking the passage straight ahead. If it curves to the left, it'll bring us to the room under this duct. That being said… What's our priority here? I'd honestly like to settle the score with that wyrm first."
Elbereth nods. "We have time to do that much at least. Investigate its lair before heading off. I'd imagine it was housing some kind of treasure."
Kit: "… Kat's right, we too will stand with you, they took a lot from us, not just Mistress Folis"
Lobelia: "If that ship or any of its crew try to do anything…" Lobelia pounds a metal-bound knuckle into her other hand, grasping it. "We return the favor tenfold. I don't care which of the goddess-forsaken lot tries their luck."
Peter|GM: A MOMENT'S RESPITE, BEFORE FURTHER TRIALS.
Kit: "Ok, so Kat's asking, do you mean dragon when you say wyrm, or is it some sort of actual worm?"
Folis: "Just know that the Black Knight will likely be among them. Both for the Arcolith, and… likely to see to my judgment personally."
Folis: "I escaped it once. And I plan to again. But they will try again, I am sure of it."
Elbereth nods. "Lady Mcgunnery and I discussed what we planned to do when the empire arrived. Flee was more or less a concise summary. No doubt we intend to fell our respective beasts and acquire the treasure before leaving the island."
Elbereth: "Please relay her a message, though. An envoy is coming sooner than we thought. I am certain they will be in a position to intercept us when we try to leave."
Folis: "Yeah… yeah."
Folis: "Kinda sucks… had something I wanted you to get fixed up. But when death itself is bearin' down on you, it can wait."
Elbereth glances at Kit. "It is an actual dragon, with skin as hard as wood. It resists water and is weak to fire."
Lobelia kneels down and addresses the fox directly. "The room's very dark, Kat. We couldn't see its whole body, mostly just the eyes. But I do believe it's a dragon."
Kat's smiles, rubbing his paws together. "Kat, you shouldn't be happy for the chance to fight something scary like a dragon!"
Folis: "But then you get the title of Dragon Slayer!"
Folis: "It's the rules, you know."
Elbereth: "I'd imagine its hides, fangs and heart alone would fetch a fortune."
Kat nods ethusistically
Elbereth: "The alchemical properties of such things have held high esteem over the centuries."
Lobelia: "If Kit tries to keep you out of trouble, you can hop into my pack and we'll fight it together." Lobelia laughs, covering her mouth.
Folis: "Hah! Dragon Knight Kat."
Kit: "Ha, that would work even better then me trying to keep him outta trouble, he can't control his body if it's too far away from me!"
Kit: "Since… well, I'm the host to his spirit"
Folis: "I'll just tie you to Kat's back."
Kit: "Mistress Folis!"
Folis: "That's me."
Kit looks appalled "You wouldn't!"
Folis grins wickedly and taps her fingertips together.
Kit turns her look into a look of shock
Folis: "… Naw."
Kit sighs with relief
Elbereth seems to be staring off into the distance, watching the sea.
Folis: "Hells, I was goin' for a joke and now I just feel bad."
Folis crouches down and gently pets at Kit.
Kit: "… Kat thought it was a good joke"
Folis: "Kat's the dangerous one, huh?"
Kit: "It's why he has the sword… Plus, we kinda fashioned him that way so he could protect us"
Folis: "Mm… it must be difficult having such a reckless brother."
Kit: "But it's also made him into a big troublemaker!"
Kat just silently giggles
Elbereth: "Thank you both for your assistance today, Miss Folis and Sheridan. Lobelia and I will be able to take down the Wyrm from here. Lady Mcgunnery is going to need your help more than we do. I'm confident had we not made an error in judgment we would have felled the beast on the first try. I see this as an opportunity to ammend my past failings."
Folis stands, and turns to face Elbereth. "You are sure?"
Kit: "We'll stay with them, and keep them safe Mistress Folis"
Elbereth nods. "Lady Wintervine, do you not also view this as a matter of redemption?"
Folis 's ears flit up and down as she thinks. She doesn't like this. "… I don't completely understand, but I trust you."
Lobelia grins. "It's personal this time."
Folis: "Just come back alive, okay?"
Folis: "We all need you."
Elbereth: "You have my word." She bows slightly.
Alianor: "Your welcome, and good luck with your own hunting… We're not sure what we'll be facing next, but if it's anything like that Gigas… She'll definitely need the help."
Elbereth: "To not come back would be fool-hearty. Without me there will be little to stop the empires barrage on our ship during the retreat."
Elbereth: "I can form a barrier of light that will block all incoming projectiles, so I have been saving my thaumaturgy charges for the day to perform such a feat."
Folis: "Ha ha… that's a hell of a guarantee."
Kit: "Be impressive to see though"
Folis: "Are you going to be okay once we get away? That sounds horribly draining."
Elbereth smiles. "I appreciate the concern, but it is nothing that cannot be fixed by our caring residents of Leviathan."
Folis: "I'm sorry. It's just…"
Folis: "I'm getting used to having people, friends, around me again."
Folis: "So even as I keep myself marching forward, in the back of my head…"
Folis: "I'm scared I'm going to lose everyone again."
Kit: "We'll never let you go missing on us again Mistress Folis, so please don't worry, since you'll always have us"
Folis: "Right…!"
Elbereth nods. "I understand. A century prior I lost both my family and my country, slaughtered by the Empire. But the people of Leviathan have taken me in as their own and I've watched them grow and then their children grow and theirs after."
Elbereth: "I would not like to lose everything a second time."
Folis: "… You've been around a while, haven't you? You'd take it even harder than I would…"
Folis: "Right, I can't just fight because -I'm- scared. I'm fightin' because we all have so much to lose… and that can't happen!"
Elbereth chuckles softly. "And yet it pales in comparision to Pica-Y-Mata, I'm afraid. Centuries has nothing on milleniums."
Folis: "All the more reason to sharpen my bla- wait."
Folis: "Damn it."
Kit: "Mister If-Ys is super old?…" and she looks at Kat "I know, I don't understand it either Kat, they can't be old, they don't look it!"
Elbereth: "Our If-Ys companion has had thousands of years of confinement to brew his hatred towards those who imprisoned him." She nods to Kit.
Folis: "If-Ys are the spirits of the world. They're timeless."
Kit: "Oh, if their spirits, that makes sense. But not Miss Kind Lady, she'
Kit: s not a spirit! "
Folis: "But quite spirited."
Kit: "Well, we all are that, I think that's why we all ended up here!"
Elbereth bows her head slightly. "I do wish that my kind were more common in this era. I'm afraid I am the only Elf living at Leviathan. Most of its residents consist of Driftin, Humans and Dwarves."
Elbereth: "This is what happens when one loses a war, I suppose."
Folis: "Maybe someday you'll be able to set out in search of them?"
Folis: "Maybe more will come to Leviathan."
Elbereth: "Most of my kind that stayed in your world publicly were slaughtered a century ago by the Empire. Leviathan is my new home, but should I ever lose it… I would no doubt begin to search for Shangri-La, the hidden Dantali enclave sealed away from the world."
Elbereth: "Few are left that associate with the outside."
Folis: "… Jeez…"
Folis: "Would that be something you'd have to do by yourself?"
Elbereth: "If no other has come across it in milleniums, I would assume it to be true. I was born in the outside world, so I have only heard stories."
Folis: "Mrh."
Folis: "I suppose I will just have to enjoy the time we all have together, to the fullest."
Kit: "That's the way!"
Elbereth: "Let us pray that the Empires interests lie solely with the Arcolith. I do not wish for them to continue to sail to Leviathan."
Folis: "My fear is, they know something about the Arcolith we don't."
Folis: "Which they could turn upon Leviathan."
Elbereth: "That much is certain. It would be fool-hearty to think otherwise considering they have control of two that are publicly known to the world."
Folis: "Ah… so there are others."
Elbereth: "We know of four through documentation. Two are controlled by the Empire. This one. And then a fourth which remains undiscovered."
Elbereth: "If any secret lies dormant here, they no doubt already understand it."
Folis: "… Man, I see where this is going."
Folis: "I've read the stories."
Folis: "We either gotta go find the fourth…"
Folis: "Or the fourth wakes up on its own."
Both dolls tilt their heads in sync
Folis: "… you guys don't read adventure novels?"
Folis: "Gosh.:"
Elbereth smiles. "I consider the prior much more likely. The third Arcolith lay sealed for over a century and the Empire laid naught a finger on it."
Elbereth: "But as soon as Lady Mcgunnery assembled a crew and unsealed the ruins, they're suddenly showing up with an armada."
Folis: "Hmmm."
Folis: "So it turned into a beacon, basically?"
Elbereth shakes her head before frowning slightly. "Or we've got a mole. Either among us or stationed at Leviathan whom heard of the recruitment interviews."
Folis: "I hope not…"
Elbereth: "I would like to consider the latter a more likely scenario."
Folis: "Likewise."
Kit tugs on Folis' pant leg.
Folis: "What's up, Kit?"
Kit: "What's a mole?"
Folis: "Well…"
Folis: "The animal is a kind of rodent that tunnels underground a lot."
Folis: "Now, if you're calling a -person- a mole, that means that they're sneaking around enemy territory trying to find out things they shouldn't know."
Elbereth: "Rest assured however, I do not believe there is a mole among us."
Kit: "Well, I knew about the animal, so I figured you two weren't talking about that, since how could an animal turn the empire anything"
Elbereth: "As per Lady Wintervines request, I listed the question on the application."
Folis: "Who would be daft enough to admit it though?"
Folis: "Unless you were watching their expressions?"
Elbereth nods. "You caught on rather fast."
Folis: "That's -clever-."
Kit: "Maybe she can read minds… can you read minds Miss Kind Lady?"
Kit: "Oooh"
Elbereth grins slightly. "I can't go revealing all my secrets. I've definitely accrued a reputation as a witch at Leviathan, however."
Folis: "Well you're a far deeper witch than I am! … For now, that is!"
Kit: "Being a witch is ok, witches can be good"
Elbereth shakes her head. "I do have some centuries head start on you, to be fair."
Kit motions to Folis as an exemple
Elbereth: "Had I spent the last century training I would be in a much better position today."
Folis: "That's okay. You're amazing enough as you are right now."
Elbereth: "I have never built a set of familiars, so we all have our talents."
Folis: "Heh heh."
Folis: "Maybe once we can all catch our breaths, I can tell you something of the art."
Elbereth: "Ah, yes. I almost forgot."
Folis: "Hmm?"
Elbereth: "As of present I no longer have the grimoire to examine."
Folis: "… That sounds bad."
Kit: "Oh, you're done with it? is it back at camp?"
Folis: "Oh! As in- oh."
Elbereth shakes her head before beaming. "Rest assured, hence forth I will be devoting all of my time to ensure that you are suitable for your future honeymoon."
Folis: "Eh?"
Folis: "Oh, that!"
Folis grins from ear to ear.
Folis: "Thank you ever so much, you know?"
Folis: "I just know it's going to look amazing."
Kit: "Honeymoon?" Agian, both dolls tilt their heads in sync
Folis: "Right, so…"
Elbereth glances at Kat. "I am afraid I made a small blunder, I have grown rusty through inactivity. I managed to extract the thaumaturgy from the book, but I expelled all of the charges in the process. It will be of little use to you until you can recharge it at a shrine back at Leviathan."
[OOC] Elbereth: AKA I failed a skill check…
Folis: "Hells! Where do I even begin with this?"
Folis: "Well, sometimes us folk like dressing up skimpy."
Folis: "That's the shortest explanation I can get without havin' to sit down and talk about how people work all night."
Elbereth nods before adding on. "Often to impress someone."
Folis: "Exactly!"
Kit: "How real people dress is that important?"
Folis: "Sometimes, yeah! Like, a soldier's uniform, or a knight's armor, or…"
Kit: "Oh, ok!"
Folis: "People wear different things for different reasons."
Elbereth: "I saw the silks on the ships storage as well. If given a bit of time I can certainly assemble those into outfits proper, the tailoring would be sure to fetch a higher price than the silk alone."
Folis glances down, then up to the skies, thinking.
Elbereth: "After your request, of course."
Kit: "Also, I'll be fine without the grimoire, mine is still rather handy still"
Folis: "Oh, of course!"
Folis: "I am curious as to what manner of outfits you would create."
Elbereth: "I admit, I haven't been using my Ars Prima to cast as of late. These Fire and Water orbs I've been carrying around have a bit more 'umph' to them, so to speak."
Elbereth: "Most likely something safe like a gown. The wealthy are always looking to buy fine silk garments."
Folis: "I suppose that'd command the most gold in the shortest amount of time."
Folis: "But how would you work them, though? Are you some kind of magical tailor?"
Elbereth shakes her head. "My country was well known for its tailorship. When my country was razed to the ground, so was our craft. Clothes these days are shoddy in comparision, if I may be a bit honest. Nothing I make has visible seams."
Folis: "Oh, wow!"
Folis: "Then, with that, you'd be well on your way to creating a vessel for a Familiar!"
Folis: "I daresay it'd be even stronger if there are no seams to exploit."
Folis: "… No offense, Kit and Kat."
Kit: "None taken, you did your best with us!"
Elbereth: "I can also use herbs and ingredients to make a variety of things that have all but been forgotten. Potions that instantly cure seasickness, a variety of perfumes, potent stain removers and bleach. To be honest I was hoping Echo Thirty-Six would have foraged some for me."
Elbereth: "I heard that he encountered a beast and wasn't able to gather as much as he intended."
Folis: "Oh, yeah… we were getting stuff to mend my, uh… magical mishap wounds."
Folis: "But there was a problem."
Kit: "Oh, you're injured Mistress?"
Folis: "… Hey, Elbereth."
Elbereth glances at Kit and Kat. "I admit I am a bit curious. Where is the 'core' so to speak? How many seams and limbs can they lose before they stop moving?"
Folis: "Do you have anyone to pass your arts down to? Or can they potentially be recorded in sufficient detail for others to follow?"
Elbereth kneels down slightly before smiling at Kat. "Not that I intend to experiment of course, but it's important to know if you get hurt and I need to mend you."
Elbereth then turns to Folis. "It is my understanding that Thaumaturgy is not entirely lost to the world. The Empire too has court magicians who can do what I can."
Kat smiles back before Kit says "He- We are thankful for that, but if you wish to experiment, we are willing to allow you, you need only ask."
Elbereth: "It is an art only few know however and not something they teach freely."
Folis: "As for cores… well, it depends on the practitioner! You could make a hard-body familiar like a wooden puppet, with a crystal core, and route manna lines through its whole body to strengthen it, but then it has a bad habit of shorting if it loses limbs. Or you could make something softer and plushier, like what I have - then the 'core' is more aetherial, like a spirit made of cotton. It's weaker, but it's far easier to mend or
Folis: repair. "
Folis: "And, honestly, plush Familiars are far more pleasing to the eye."
Folis grins down at the troublesome pair.
Both beam back brightly
Elbereth: "My. I suppose I'll have to decorate one of the rooms back at the Inn. I had no idea you had such a girlish side to you, Miss Folis."
Folis: "I am a woman of many mysteries!"
Folis: "… mostly because everything I had is gone now. Heh."
Folis: "So I cling tightly to those that I still have!"
Folis picks up Kit and Kat and squeeeeeezes them.
Folis: "I look forward to seein' what you can do!"
Elbereth: "To be honest, I suspect that our vast library archives on Thaumaturgy were the main reason the Empire invaded Tiqan. They could cast some of their own spells as well, to be certain. But in terms of vast quantity and flexibility, we had them beat."
Both hugs back. "We hope we don't disapoint"
Folis: "So you're worried about them turning your own firepower on you?"
Elbereth: "Not me in particular. In their eyes my country is gone now. But I have no doubt that they have at least one high ranking magician or witch that is using the centuries of manuscripts at their disposal."
Folis: "Yikes…"
Elbereth: "I imagine they will overshadow me in every way."
Folis: "What about the iron problem?"
Elbereth: "Iron problem…? I'm not sure what you're talking about. I haven't been outside of Leviathan for over a century, so I know little of affairs outside of our humble town."
Folis: "Don't your people have a weakness to a certain kind of iron?"
Folis: "Maybe I'm thinking of something else."
Elbereth: "I've heard stories of people that we cannot come into contact with, but I am afraid they are as rare as my brethren. I have not encountered any in Leviathan and I encounter quite a few given my profession at an inn that serves drinks."
Folis: "Oh, well, that's a relief."
Folis: "Sorry for gettin' all worry-warty."
Elbereth: "It's those who are particularly magic resistant that cause us trouble."
Folis: "I think I'm done bein' nosy now."
Elbereth: "I have one last question for you, Miss Folis."
Folis: "Yeah? Go ahead."
Elbereth: "In your opinion, what element do you feel that this Arcolith is attuned to?"
Folis: "Hmm…"
Elbereth: "Each of the four represent an element."
Folis closes her eyes, thinking, thinking.
Elbereth: "Given the nature of Site B with the gardens, plant life and the dragon made of wood, I am under the impression that we are in the Earth attuned Arcolith. But I do not know if your experiences in Site A have gleaned a different insight."
Folis: "Well, the things in Site A seem more tuned toward people livin' there, and sightseeing."
Folis: "Quarters, a museum, some kind of disposal or refinery, a grand hall…"
Folis: "Though if I take this place as a whole…"
Elbereth nods. "The entrance to Site B is a sauna and the garden is more of a recreational park of sorts."
Folis: "I'd say… water as the safe bet, and air as the wildcard option. We are surrounded by the sea, but we also have little else around us keeping the winds from reaching."
Folis: "I know nothing of the positioning and meaning of the other Arcoliths, though."
Folis: "Though with the minds of the people that built this stuff…"
Elbereth nods. "That was my other guess as water has been prevelant in this Site as well."
Folis: "They'd have the water Arcolith under the ocean, and the air Arcolith a floating city or summat."
Kit: "Don't I know it… ugh, water"
Folis: "I don't know, though. I'm just going off what I feel."
Folis: "It serves me well, but it does not make me a scholar."
Elbereth shakes her head. "No, I think your statement is correct. I just needed some reassurance after seeing the Tree Wyrm."
Folis: "Yeah?"
Elbereth: "As in, a dragon with tree bark for scales is very earthy."
Folis: "Mmhm."
Folis: "And highly flammable."
Elbereth: "A fatal mistake, I'm afraid. My fire magicks cover a wide area and when we destroyed its eyes the battle quickly went downhill as it began to seep ooze that quickly took a toll on Lady Wintervine and my health."
Folis: "Yikes…"
Folis: "Is there any way you could focus it more?"
Elbereth: "When we engage it again, we plan to only shut its eyes so it cannot land attacks accurately but focus most of our strikes on the beast."
Kit: "So it's weak to fire, but doing so is bad… Maybe the fires of the Air, lightning?"
Folis held up the eerie jewel containing the Flame. "Would this be something you would want to borrow in your second fight against it?"
Elbereth shakes her head. "My magick is more versed towards destruction. I do not have any conditions to enhance."
Folis nods.
Folis: "It was the least I could offer without offerin' myself."
Elbereth: "I'm afraid we should cut this conversation short. I believe the knight will be docking soon. I'd rather the beast is dealt with before he confronts Lady Mcgunnery."
Folis: "Yeah."
Folis: "Take care, Elbereth."
Kit: "We'll see back on the ship Mistress Folis"
Elbereth bows her head. "See you tonight, Miss Folis."
Folis salutes, and gets movin'.
[OOC] Kit: +you
Elbereth: -

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License