Sw33

Split Worlds - Session 66
Split Worlds - Session 33
[OOC] JayM: I swear I will get my act together!!!!
[OOC] Argent: SESSION 66. WHERE WE FIGHT THE OPTIONAL SUPERBOSS.
The drizzle has turned to rain. The refreshing breeze from the sea, the salty smell in the air… As your light-sailed boat speeds through the calm sea towards the continent again, you are accompanied by nothing more than your own thoughts and the single trace of light beside you, before the light that propelled you towards Phoenix's Grave, it now guides you back, reflecting upon the
JayM: mirror prism made with the Crystalite Shield back where Phoenix rests
Jnezdie scratches at his face. It's been a real relaxing bit of rest and fighting they did, back with Phoenix. Now that he'll be on the road again, he's got to keep occupied… he eyes the mirror shield in his pack, but figures he'll deal with it later. He rests Ragnarok across his lap, slightly unsheathed, grinning at the thin green glow.
Jnezdie: "So, I don't know how much Phoenix told you, or you saw, or Sarah told you-"
Jnezdie: "-But -I'll- tell ya', it's been a trip."
Argent: "…tch. So which way are we headed again, Sarah?" Argent asks as she looks around for possible threats and/or landfall
Sarah gently naps, or perhaps meditates, as she uses her energy to keep the Voiture Lumiere active. Yet, it seems to be failing slightly. Her calm and slow breaths don't seem to indicate a disturbance, however. This continues for several Waves until you finally, gently, hit the muddy shore. The lightsail looses power a while before you hit the shore, momentum-driven
Jnezdie: "Aw, she's got it. I'd tell you to relax, but that'd be like tryin' to tell the tide to stop movin'."
As you hit the sands, the boat jars slightly and Sarah stands up, she's returned to her usual clothes. She sighs tiredly "We need to get to Sea Base…" she says, looking out "It's… It's in the north end of the western Material shore, so south of here, past the mountain range"
Argent eyerolls.
Jack: "Duly noted!"
Argent: "…Got it. Looks like we've got some climbing ahead of us."
JayM: As you all know by now, the mountain range that houses the Trancient Town also separates the two kingdoms and, aside from two large passes, one of which is through the viera forest and the other leads to the peninsula where the Black Iron Dragon Fortress is (and is across the continent at the moment), most if not all troop movement is made through mountain roads
JayM: (one of the big reasons the war has trouble escalating beyond trench war)
Gavriel had been keeping watch over Sarah - and over the sea in general - until they arived and she woke up; he nods. "Hn. Should be possible to avoid patrols if we're careful."
Sarah steps out of the boat "Hum… I wonder what to do with the boat… We can't leave the Voiture Lumiere behind and neither the light transmitter laying around…"
Jnezdie: "Man, it's gonna be weird goin' back Materialside. Not always runnin' from patrols."
Jnezdie: "Let's pack up what strange tech we can and smash the rest?"
Argent: "It'll be a relief. And I'd agree-disassemble and take what we can carry."
Sarah nods "Alright… Hum… Both are starting to give out, anyway… Maybe I can do something…"
And then it takes a while longer… The boat iself, whereas it does applies some amazing technique for sandsailing, is nothing 'abnormal'. The lightsail, however, Sarah instructs on how to mostly dismantle, just split in four pieces that are easier to carry. For the light energy transmitter, as she calls it, it's difficult to fully disassemble, so you mostly just take the 'gun' part with
JayM: you and safely disassemble the battery setup, which is easy enough, according to Sarah, at least
JayM: But it's still, a pretty mundane task
Jack‘ rubs at his chin. "Depending on how far we go, we could perhaps stop by home and get some more of those katana."
Argent isn’t really phased too much by this.
Jnezdie idly talks to Ragnarok as he works, describing the weird dreamscapes, stranger clothes, and of the other-Jnezdie that's harassing the Heir.
Argent: "…Let's not. You can probably find something similar at Sea Base anyway."
JayM: But then, how to proceed from here? Gavriel's gone through a few mountain passes before, but he's always had a guide. You could try the Transcient pathways, but they're more often in the mountaintops exclusively and it's pretty far east, going UP and DOWN the mountain had always been the biggest challange
Jack: "Fah! Says you - no one else makes them but the master smiths!:
Argent: "Katana's a katana." Argent shrugs.
Gavriel is used to disassembling projects after his work on them is done, so this is, in fact, a fairly normal bit of work. Especially considering what they've been up to lately… "It'd be a ways out of our way, but it might provide the safest passage through the mountains."
Jack: "Since when do you turn down a chance to acquire better supplies so that we might more efficently protect the Maiden, anyways?"
Jack: "NOT TRUE, Argent!"
Jnezdie: "Jeez, and you roll your eyes at me for talkin' 'bout stuff I don't know about."
Argent: "I'm willing to part with my money. I'm not willing to part with what's left of my sanity."
Jack: "Jnezdie, enlighten our companion on the finer details!"
Argent: "Besides, you'd think one would prefer a weapon that doesn't randomly disintegrate."
Jnezdie: "Look 'ere- katanas have a -spirit- to them, kinda like Ragnarok, only more intense personality! But really, that's all they're about- they're potent but they burn themselves out! Yet each soul is the tiniest bit of the smith that forges 'em!"
Jack: "Gahaha, once you make a weapon you can hold in your hand that can hit an entire squadren with perfect accuracy, do let us know!"
Argent: "…going along conventional wisdom of spirits and souls, would that equate to the smiths having short lifespans, or just becoming vegetables after a while?" Argent replies dryly.
Jnezdie pops a small bit of travel mix into his mouth. "(Least' that's what I've been taught. Wouldn't surprise me to find out it's some other kinda space-magic.)"
Jack: "They're not all for attacking even that beside, a fair number generate defensive enhancements."
Gavriel just… frowns. "It is their skill, Argent."
Sarah can't hold back a chuckle at Argent
Gavriel: "Do not second-guess their use of tools."
Jack‘ rubs at his chin. "No, the ones that burn their life force away are the dark knights, not the samurai."
Argent: "Uh huh."
Gavriel may have been secretly contemplating making a swing by a Material supply depot to make some modifications to his gun, theoretically, so he’s a bit receptive to Jack and Jnezdie's line of reasoning…
Argent: "Anyway, if we have no other path to Sea Base, fine. I'm leaving as soon as I make my purchases, though."
Sarah: "Well, Transcient Town itself is pretty far east, and we still need to head up the mountain, don't we?"
Jack: "Pfttthaha. my dear there's certain no need for you to lounge around and socialize if you desire it naught!"
Argent: "I'd prefer the shortest route to Sea Base myself if it's viable."
Sarah: "Hm… Maybe we should find a guide, then? They'd be able to tell us where we need to go"
Jnezdie: "Hmm…"
Jnezdie: "'Hey guide, we're on our way to the Material shores, and we were wondering…'"
Jack: "A guide to a place no one is supposed to know exists, Maiden?" Jack waggles an eyebrow.
Jnezdie: "Well, could be worse…"
Sarah: "Ahaha… I guess it'd be strange, yes"
Gavriel: "A guide through the mountain pass, she means."
Argent: "Which would make more sense, yes."
Jnezdie: "We just need to get over the mountain- yeah. So we'll hit up some local village around there, act like we cast spells for a living, and get a porter."
Jnezdie: "Shouldn't be too hard."
Gavriel: "They -do- exist, although by the laws of both nations they technically should not." He rasp-chuckles. "Not that that's ever stopped anyone."
Jnezdie sighs and shakes his head. "So strange."
Jack: "Ah, well - getting through the mountains isn't actually very difficuklt."
Argent: "and let's -not- pretend to be Etherealites, on that note."
Gavriel just grits his teeth.
JayM: On, Jnezdie- Speaking of that travel mix- You're running low
Jnezdie blows his hair up.
Sarah: "Maybe we should just see if there's a nearby village? Oh- We still have that map that Celesto gave us so"
Jnezdie: "We also gotta stop for some grub at some place nearby."
Jnezdie: "Runnin' low- shoulda' had Phoenix pack me a lunch…aw but that's bein' a poor guest."
Argent: "If we really need to eat, I can just go hunting."
And with a little bit of looking, eastwards, and not too far, there is a small nameless village- Gavriel's knowledge kicks in, those are usually small 'provisioning bases' that grew into tiny villages, they've changed hands so often the villager's alleigance depends entirely in whose troops man the guardhouse at the moment
Jack‘ shakes his head, sighing exasperadly.
JayM: That’s why they almost universally deal with trade (sometimes game), no-one asks what method you used
Gavriel sees something familiar after a bit of nosing about, and tromps thataway. They can pick up some food, possibly find a guide, -and- avoid awkward questions; everybody wins.
Argent: "…meh, this works then."
It takes a while… But you eventually reach the little village. It's an unusual combination of material and ethereal construction methods, but one universal building style 'whatever works', it's pretty obvious. There are few people in the village itself, and the shivering sensation as you pass through the gate, whose guardhouse is empty, tells you that, right now, this area is under
JayM: Ethereal control.
Argent: "…tch."
Jnezdie nods to himself, tucking away sword and dressing light (but he always does that), adjusting his sleeves.
The village is sufficiently small you could cross it in a wave and a half walking, it's mostly residences, stores and warehouses. People mull about their business, not caring in the least for the strangers. Inns proper are few, although semi-permanent residences for a number of people, republics, are more bountiful.
Gavriel tromps on through anyways. Depite everything about his training, he's finding it harder and harder to be bothered by those sorts of things, these days. Especially in a little village like this- what really matters are things like 'where can we buy food for the trails' and 'where might guides be found'.
Jnezdie: "(Jeez, almost more like a transient town in definition, if not name.)"
Jack: "So it goes."
Argent is going to make this a quick in-out operation; acquire supplies, acquire guide.
JayM: Food is… Plentyful to acquire and buy, specially if you happen to know someone. A guide, however, proves to be… Problematic. There certainly are a large number of guides, most of them either don't believe you really are military types or are asking for upwards of fifty thousand gil. However, you have an unusual strike of luck
Jnezdie looks for a well-travelled store, finding a good place for iron rations, hard cheeses, nuts- nice. The guide…
While you're busier in a storehouse procuring food for travel, this one Viera, grass braided in her long hair, still looking young, just our onr still at the very tail end of her teenage cycles, approaches you. She walks right up to Jnezdie, standing just an inch away, a faraway, but vaguely content expression "Elvaan…"
Jnezdie is struck reactionless for a moment- This smell, her smell… One he knew he would not soon forget
Jnezdie starts talking before turning about. "Nah, it's Jnezdie. How ya' do-" What in the…
Viera: "It's… Good to know you are well"
JayM: You're very sure she completely lacks social graces of any kind, Jnezdie, but she's also… Genuinely surprised
Jnezdie: "Ah…"
Jnezdie: "Yeah! It's been…" He shakes his head, looking at her again. "You're…"
Florentine: "I… Never knew your name… Jnezdie, it's beautiful… I'm… I'm Florentine"
Jnezdie: "Huh. Well. Uh."
Jnezdie: "Nice to… meet you…again, Florentine."
Argent: "…Oh."
Jnezdie isn't quite sure what's going on, but he's not backing down yet.
Argent: "You."
Jnezdie: "You're quite the ways out, aren't you?"
Argent: "Yeah, she had happy-happy-drugged-fun-time with you."
Florentine: "It is… What-" she looks at Argent "It was merely what I had to do"
Jnezdie takes a flat tone with Argent. "I like how you still blamed that on me despite the fact that you knew I was whacked outta my mind. 'n by the way, I don't like how you blamed that on me, so on."
Argent: "I didn't blame it on you per se."
Florentine takes a step back, and turns around, pretending to look at some produce on the wall "One too many… They were twins I… Either… Someone had to leave… I wouldn't trust them to luck… And I was always curious about outside, too"
Jnezdie: "You're goin' kinda fast for me here, Florentine."
Jnezdie: "I mean, this isn't exactly a three-Pass trip."
Florentine: "It doesn't matters" she turns around "I had to leave and everything else… Remains there, to be forgotten"
Argent: "I think she's basically saying that you're the only thing outside of her forest that she has left to be connected to."
Jnezdie: "Arge, y-" And then he stops, mulling it over.
Jnezdie scratches his head. "So where ya' headed now?"
Florentine: "Me? I have found my way here, surviving. I like this village, it's quiet, and they're all like a family"
Florentine: "I have put my skills as woodwarder to use, offering guidance through the mountains. I am perhaps not the most experienced, but I have studied them carefully"
Jnezdie glances at Argent, then back to Florentine. "…I see."
Florentine looks at the counter "Still travelling?"
Jnezdie nods. "Oh yeah. Hittin' up all the hotspots across the land."
Jnezdie: "Did a stopover in Arzanta, did some swimming, smelled cologne and wrestled with a snake, don't ask…"
Jnezdie: "Not gonna lie, Florentine, we're here 'cause we're lookin' for a guide, but we're gettin' our arm twisted six ways to TT."
Argent: "Hm. How much are you asking, payment-wise, for guidance?"
Jnezdie: "Well, that, and for some supplies. Cheese?" He breaks off a small morsel of the block of cheese he had picked up.
She smiles "That sounds exciting" she looks at the man behind the counter "Jeremy… This here is a great friend of mine, would you mind…" she looks at Jnezdie and Argent "I'll take you across"
Jnezdie: "Sure thing. How much?"
Florentine: "You have already done me a favor I cannot repay, I would be happy to simply take you whre you need to go"
Jnezdie: "That…" 'Favor' he thinks. "… sounds good to us!"
Jack: "Aye."
Argent: "Right. Let me stop and see if there's any weapons worth purchasing before we go."
Florentine nods "I will prepare the materials, meet me in the south gate within two waves" she says, leaving
Jnezdie nods in return. "See you there."
[OOC] JayM: Pretty much still Ethereal avaiability here
Argent is noticeably annoyed by this.
Jnezdie: "Y'know there's a word a friend of mine used to describe situations like this."
Jnezdie eats that piece of chese be broke off. "Providence," he says, while chewing.
Argent: "Sounds like dumb luck to me."
Sarah smiles "Luck is a skill"
Jack: "One of these days we ought buy you a dictionary."
Argent eyerolls
Jnezdie: "(Guess I'm glad I ditched my robe.)"
JayM: Anything in particular you wish to do before leaving?
Jnezdie: "Anyway, Jeremy, was it? I'm just gonna buy this and be goin'." He places what provisions he picked out, buys 'em, packs 'em. "How long she been here, anyway?"
Argent will purchase alcohol. Preferably strong alcohol.
Jeremy: "A while. Long while, actually! Better part of a cycle, for sure"
Jnezdie: "Y' don't say."
Jnezdie: "Anyway, have a good one!"
Jeremy nods, and that purchase really was incredibly cheap, Jnezdie
Jnezdie is ready to go!
Argent comes up to Jeremy after Jnezdie leaves, a few bottles of particularly strong alcoholic beverages in hand. "Oi. How much for these?"
Gavriel eventually runs back into the others- doesn't particularly seem to have any particular reaction to their guide other than a nod of acknowledgement.
Jeremy: "Fire Vodka? Two hundred and be careful, that's almost an explosive!"
Argent: "That much in them, huh? Good to know." Argent plonks down the money before leaving with the booze
Outside… There is a light, cold breeze blowing from the mountains, bringing down the odd snowflake with it. South exit, edge of a small trail leading up into the mountain, already pretty steep. Florentine is there, holding the reins of a yellow-feathered bird, loaded with supplies. Her feet are bare, it's pretty obvious her bow isn't military grade, for game at best, her clothes are
JayM: covering and heavy, but tightly tied to her body "The mountain song…" she mutters to herself, distracted
Jnezdie nods. "Chocobos, got it."
Argent: "Ah, these again."
She startles slightly, and nods to Jnezdie "Shall we go?"
Argent: "Let's."
Jnezdie: "Mm-hmm! Ready as ever. Right, everyone?"
JayM: It will be a Climbing [TN 6] check with Sarah!
Sarah nods "Let us go, then!"
Jack: "Aye!"
Jnezdie rides, and when it comes to mountains, he's strong! [Trick][Double or Nothing]
Argent has definitely got this climbing thing down. And is deceptively strong for her appearance. [Dependable x2]
Varg are naturally strong, and that's not racist. [Aptitude]
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+1 and got 5, 1 ( Total: 7.0 ) for DoN on the first, auto fail the fifth
d10: 6 [Total: 6 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Gavriel is a varg, he’d be remiss if a few mountains could do him in. Mountains are, after all, nice. [Aptitude]
Also rolled 2#d8(1) and got 8 [Total: 8 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 2#d8(2) and got 4 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 25.0, Avg: 4.80
The climb is… Challanging. Whereas there is in fact a road, she insists you take a secondary path "It's the Ethereal's troop road" she offers as an explanation. You take what can be considered a sideroad, there are still sheer cliffs to be climbed and a heavy incline to be faced, but you make your way up with steady progress. The birds brought have strong footing, but more often than
JayM: not you need to proceed on foot yourselves, but they make nice anchoring
Florentine: "Sister… Have you… Always heard it?"
[OOC] JayM: +4 AP/+1562 XP
Argent quirks an eyebrow-does she have an idea of what Florentine is talking about?
JayM: Not really
Argent: "…uh, what do you mean by 'it'?"
Gavriel trusts the guide, of course, even if the way is fairly harsh.
Floring: "The sound… Of everything… This song, at the edge of the hearing…"
Argent muses for a second. "I definitely hear things that others don't. Pretty sure I'm not as in-tune with the stuff as you are, though."
Florentine: "Ah… I can't hear it clearly at all but it's… Beautiful. I never heard it, until I left the forest…"
Jnezdie: "Y'know, there's one tune you gotta watch out for."
You finally make it to the top of the incline, and the path is suspiciously flat. Something feels lightly off, the ground is made of pretty large stones. Looking up, actually a good ways up still, are faint red lights set against the higher peaks
Jnezdie: "If I were you and I heard it comin', I'd beat feet. It kinda goes like-" He hums a few bars of the Heir's song, but he can't get it all that right.
Argent: "Let's not tempt fate, Jnezdie."
Florentine nods at Jnezdie "I will be careful"
Jnezdie nods. "Just sayin' we're definately people o' interest."
Jnezdie: "…the mountain is kinda peculiar, by the way."
As you reach the flat section, Florentine looks around "The troop road is higher up, most of the leftover rock of the construction was dumped here, accidentally creating a secondary road" she says, pointing forward "Watch for the rocky footing, but it's a pretty safe valley"
Gavriel peeeeeeers up, gestures at the faint red lights. "…I do not remember those. What are they?"
Florentine: "The guidelights for the traversing troops, they were installed very recently"
Argent: "Interesting detail. I'll try to remember that."
Gavriel: "Hn." That's interesting.
Jnezdie: "I'll make sure to stay away, then." He nods, taking the next approach carefully…
As you forge ever on forward, you reach an… Unusual bit of terrain. A river has formed, although it's very, very gentle. It's also unusually deep and goes for a few meters ahead and covers the entirety of the width of the valley, until it runs back underground. It also appears to spring from the rock, higher above- Actually, there is mist nearby, and a small waterfall, coming to life
JayM: within reach of Jack's hands
Argent: "(So far, no problems)"
Florentine: "This… Was not here four passes ago…" she looks around, pulling out a scope to look ahead, she closes her eyes a moment, looks towards the origin of the water "Something happened within the mountain, I believe. Diverted an aquifier."
Florentine: "We will have to swim across, or at the very least we should make a makeshift bridge, I have rope"
Argent: "…eh, I can handle swimming." Argent comments.
JayM: Ahh, Gavriel. Crossing a freezing river to set up a makeshift rope bridge? Really? Like one of the first things done in boot camp?
Jnezdie: "Gotcha." He deshirts, packing it away.
JayM: Sadly, this is literally a freezing river that could very well leave lasting damage if you're not careful and fast
JayM: So a Swimming [TN 4] check with Sarah, you're going to take a pretty hefty amount of Ice damage if you fail
Jnezdie is glad he has additional socks! He dives in! [Trick][Double or Nothing]
Argent hasn't swam in a while. Not that it's that hard for her [Dependable x2]
Gavriel grumbles. "I'd say this is a beginner's problem, but…" -but people who say it's a beginner's problem go ass over tip into the cold ass water and get soaked and freeze to death. Still… [Aptitude]
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+1 and got 8, 2 ( Total: 11.0 ) for DoN on the first, auto fail the fifth
d10: 2 [Total: 2 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 2#d8(1) and got 5 [Total: 5 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 2#d8(2) and got 7 [Total: 7 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 25.0, Avg: 4.80
JayM: It is the definition of a beginniner’s problem, though! Interestingly, Sarah seems unfazed by the crossing through freezing water, or at least does not seems outwardly reactive to it, what could be good or bad. However, you are pretty confident everyone made it through undamaged and good to go for the long term, there's now a makeshift rope bridge, still going to get people wet but it will
JayM: serve
[OOC] JayM: +2 AP/+1093 XP
Jnezdie shakes off like a Varg, gears back up, changes socks.
And when you finally cross, after taking a couple of freezing moments to substitute your wet clothing (in case you do not have extras, she brought them), you finally get to look at the Material Kingdom from a high perspective…
Argent undoes the belts she tightened for the swim, but doing nothing else
Off in the distance… You see an uncanny sight… Towering towards the sky, a gigantic cannon, facing towards the north… It looks very large from here and something is terribly off… Jnezdie, that is- Probably in the capital, which means that it is incredibly far, so for it to look this size here… It must be titanic up close
JayM: And… Interestingly, the Blockade has also vanished
Jack‘ scratches at the side of his face.
Jnezdie: "…whoa."
Gavriel just… stops and stares. "What in the…"
Argent: "…"
Gavriel peers at it out of his good eye, hackles raised.
Sarah: "What is… That…"
Florentine: "They have been building it, recently"
Jack: "Some sort of tower."
Jnezdie: "That…I don’t remember that'n."
Argent: "…looks like Material's been working on their own ways to win the war."
Florentine: "To see it from here… It must be enermous"
Jnezdie: "Aw, we've been outta the loop for a time, Flore."
Jnezdie: "And… the Blockade a'int up, so…"
JayM: Hrm, I feel nice, this was unplanned but- A solo "Streetwise" [TN 5] check, Gavriel
JayM: If you wanna see if you know something about that
JayM: If there was anything, you'd have to dig through rumors in your mind
[OOC] Gavriel: One moment
Argent: "Glad we got out while we could, anyway." Argent comments to herself.
Gavriel frowns, thinking back. Had he heard anything…? [Trick] [Weighted Results] [Lucky]
Gavriel rolled 2d8 and got 2, 6 ( Total: 8 )
d12: 1 [Total: 1 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
d8: 3 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
d6: 1 [Total: 1 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 13, Avg: 2.60
Gavriel thinks harder. [Do Over]
Gavriel rolled 2d8 and got 8, 2 ( Total: 10 )
d12: 7 [Total: 7 (High), Avg: 7.00]
d8: 6 [Total: 6 (High), Avg: 6.00]
d6: 4 [Total: 4 (High), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 27, Avg: 5.40
JayM: Ooh, you certain heard something
JayM: The "Red Maria" , a weapons engineer's pipe dream, the gigantic 4.8m caliber super-cannon. A work of dream and theory, as large a cannon as you could get range on it, but it would require things unreal, none ever predicted the existance of gunpowder powerful enough to proper it in less than hundreds of cycles, nor materials to build it which would withstand the gigantic detonation charge
Gavriel puts two and two together, snippets of things he's overheard, drunken weapons engineers on sabbatical or some such- "…it's the Red Maria. Stones and blood, they actually built it." His frown deepens. "…Sarah, someone must have given them access to… things they shouldn't have or know about. Can you-" -he sort of shrugs at her, helplessly.
Sarah: "Wait- What is the Red Maria?"
Jnezdie: "Gav, you got somethin'?"
Gavriel: "It's… some old drunkard calculated the theoretical upper limit on how much boom you could fit into a single stick." He shifts, uncomfortably. "But… that was it, it was a theoretical upper limit, we couldn't actually build anything close to that, we didn't even have the beginnings of the sketches of the theories for the sort of materials you'd need…"
Jack: "Hrmrmrm."
Jnezdie: "Daaaaaaaaaang. You'd be mayor for life in TT."
Sarah blinks, thinking… "I'll… I'll call my brother" she goes up to Gavriel and lays her weight on him "I need energy for this, give me a moment…" she closes her eyes
Jack: "Ah so it seems those trying to put new technologies into the kingdom's hands has been successful."
Gavriel: "…which means someone…" -his eye darts to their Vieran guide, as if to forgive his reticence here- "-knows something they-" -he pauses, props Sarah up. "Thank you."
Argent: "Guess it was a kneejerk reaction to the pirates giving that barrier enhancement to the Etheralites."
After a few moments, Sarah regains her composture, taking long breaths "Okay…"
Argent: "Find anything out, Sarah?"
Gavriel continues to stand firm. He's there if she needs him!
Sarah: "It's… It's plausible, if they had been given direct energy technology… Actually… We have a sort of technology that is most probably what they got their hands on… Called Hadron Forge"
Argent: "Hadron Forge, huh?"
Sarah: "It's- It's not combat technology, most research aid, so none paid much attention when a specially large collider vanished but, putting things together, it's possible the pirates have gave those to the Material kingdom"
Gavriel frowns. "…while under some circumstances I would relish the thought of advanced technology being shared with my compatriots… these are unsafe circumstances. This worries me. They're playing both sides… trying to escalate things between the Kingdoms…"
Sarah: "It's, hum…" she thinks "It's principles are very simple, just like hitting flint together makes sparks. Except the output is a lot higher, it's usually used to synthetize experimental materials, but"
Sarah: "Playing both sides in a way can only mean one thing…"
Sarah: "They don't expect either to win but… Why… They're just pirates, are they really…"
Argent: "There's something else in the motives-either via manipulation or ulterior."
JayM: The sound of the wind, an oddly cold chill… Danger Sense [TN 5]
Jnezdie: "…something else-" [Expertise][Aptitude]
Argent …newtype-flashes? [Lucky]
Gavriel frowns! [Aptitude]
Jack scratches his chin! [No Reels]
JayM: Someone wanna take over for Ice and roll?
Jnezdie rolled 2#1d8+1(1) and got 3 ( Total: 4.0 ) for tn4
Also rolled 2#1d8+1(2) and got 5 [Total: 6.0 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 4d8 and got 2, 7, 3, 3 [Total: 15 (Low), Avg: 3.75]
Total: 25.0, Avg: 3.83
[OOC] Gavriel: Hm does Expertise work with Danger Sense
[OOC] Gavriel: er uh Too Easy
[OOC] Argent: I've got one better
[OOC] Gavriel: by which I mean can I Too Easy a Danger Sense if it's TN 5 and Expertise applies?
[OOC] Argent: Eh, I can just do a Do Over
JayM: I believe you can
[OOC] Jnezdie: that is… a success
[OOC] Argent: …or nevermind
JayM: But
JayM: What he said
[OOC] Jack: you can use too eays with any other mods that aren't explicitely forbidden yes
[OOC] Gavriel: OH HAHA I didn't see the +1. HERP DERP. But that's nice to know for future reference. <_<
The faint sound of the wind is broken by a loud… "Baaa!" you dodge just in time to avoid a running beast, and another, and another! The three Aldgoats rush right past, slipping a little bit on the edge of the incline downwards, ending in a lower height, feet firmly in the ground. The go "Baa!" at you menacingly!
Jnezdie: "Hey, Goats! Don't have time to wrestle with you!"
Argent: "Screw it. Let's kill them. More food for us."
Jack‘ rubs at his temples.
Gavriel stares. From beam cannons to rampaging aldgoats; what utter bathos.
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Argent [F]:2 Jack [B]:3 Jnezdie [F]:3 Aldgoat A [F]:5 Aldgoat B [F]:5 Aldgoat C [F]:5
JayM: Gavriel! Gavriel you have the weirdest sensation, a thing… Were you an Elvaan you’d know what it is, but Jnezdie certainly can't feel it, it's that sort of thing only your experience can make you feel. But you know that soon- Soon enough (after you next action in fact) something! And not a good something.
JayM: (still your turn)
Gavriel frowns. "…everyone, watch out. Something's wrong." He unslings and readies his gun- can he in fact see the invisible, second-guess his own gut reactions? [Wide Scan D29]
Argent: "Duly noted."
Jnezdie: "Gotcha!"
Aldgoat - L24 Easy Mook Beast - HP: 984/984, MP: 146/146 - R: Water - Agile mountain goats, prized for their leather and specially fur, which can be braided to become as tough as chainmail. Aldgoats, interestingly enough, are peaceful creatures and generally run away on sight, and their headbutts are known to throw people many meters away. [Beast Race]
JayM: Oh, a note: This fight has the Positioning system. You are currently on the "High" area and the goats on the "Low" area. All CoSes coming from Low to High are at -15
JayM: Argent!
Gavriel shakes his head. Nothing he didn't know, although he conveys the general information about Aldgoats to those who might be less familiar with them.
Argent: "Alright, not screwing around anymore then…" And in a flash, Argent rushes forward, delivering a spinning back kick to the center Aldgoat and…oh holy crap how did she get the damn shockwave sweeping there as well?! [Blitz, 51D]
Argent rolled 6#d100(1) and got 61 ( Total: 61 ) for A, B, C
Also rolled 6#d100(2) and got 62 [Total: 62 (High), Avg: 62.00]
Also rolled 6#d100(3) and got 47 [Total: 47 (Low), Avg: 47.00]
Also rolled 6#d100(4) and got 13 [Total: 13 (Low), Avg: 13.00]
Also rolled 6#d100(5) and got 87 [Total: 87 (High), Avg: 87.00]
Also rolled 6#d100(6) and got 54 [Total: 54 (High), Avg: 54.00]
Total: 324, Avg: 54.00
JayM: B's missed once
[OOC] Argent: C is
Argent rolled 5#1d8+130(1) and got 3 ( Total: 133.0 ) for A,A,B,B,C
Also rolled 5#1d8+130(2) and got 6 [Total: 136.0 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 5#1d8+130(3) and got 8 [Total: 138.0 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 5#1d8+130(4) and got 1 [Total: 131.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Also rolled 5#1d8+130(5) and got 6 [Total: 136.0 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 674.0, Avg: 4.80
JayM: Damage is spread throught their ranks, and they only get angrier!
JayM: Jack!
JayM: And Jnezdie!
JayM: In synch!
Jack‘ plays something quick! [38D] [Haste (4)]
Jnezdie draws the softly glowing Ragnarok. "Time to strut, Ragnarok!" He holds the sword high, energy coursing into it! [Flare Sword, 25D]
JayM: A rapid beat!
JayM: A powerful blade!
JayM: Battle order: Aldgoat A [F]:0 Aldgoat B [F]:0 Aldgoat C [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:23 Gavriel [B]:24 Jack [B]:36 Argent [F]:48
JayM: Status for Aldgoat A [F] : [======= ]
JayM: Status for Aldgoat B [F] : [======= ]
JayM: Status for Aldgoat C [F] : [========= ]
Aldgoat A ruffles it’s wool! [Fluffy Bristle] Bubble(5)!
Aldgoat B runs forward at full tilt and slams against Argent! [Full Ram]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 93 ( Total: 93 )
JayM: And hits the wall, she's far too high!
Argent leaps out of the way.
Aldgoat C just decides to [Headbutt] Jnezdie
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 )
JayM: Not even close
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:1 Aldgoat A [F]:11 Jack [B]:13 Aldgoat B [F]:16 Aldgoat C [F]:16 Argent [F]:25
JayM: Status for Aldgoat A [F] : [======= ]
JayM: Status for Aldgoat B [F] : [======= ]
JayM: Status for Aldgoat C [F] : [========= ]
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie raises Ragnarok high and swings down toward Aldgoat B! [Attack, 45D]
Jnezdie rolled 95/5 and got 3, 1, 2, 1, 1, 4, 3, 4, 2 ( Total: 4.2 )
[OOC] Jnezdie: ( pfff
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for 95/5
JayM: Seriously
JayM: The most powerful slash of Ragnarok! Full Power
Jnezdie: "It's great to be back!!"
[OOC] Argent: …I get six attacks and he gets the crit, what
Jnezdie rolled 4d10*2+572*2 and got 7, 8, 1, 5 ( Total: 1186.0 )
[OOC] Argent: dice. )
Argent: )
Ragnarok shines, and the bright blade slices right through the goat- But oddly enough, despite the heavy slicing injury the goat hits the ground very hard, as if something blunt hit it. It's unconscious! [KO]
JayM: Ragnarok might shed blood… But he doesn't seems to have the guts to fell even a beast
Jnezdie: "Hey -hey-, lovin' the new form, Rag!"
JayM: Gavriel!
JayM: Something- Is about to happen!
Gavriel growls! [Wait D15]
Gavriel feels the cold wind blowing- A strange presence! Get away! He gets a trigger action to throw him and Jack in the front row since what's hitting will be Row target "Descend! Darkness Angel!"
JayM: Taking it, or weathering it?
[OOC] Gavriel: or not, one sec
Gavriel swears loudly under his breath and tries to shove Jack into the front row! [Delay Whatever The Fuck A Trigger Action's Delay Is, Minus 11]
[OOC] Gavriel: also what do I need to roll? »
Jack: "Wuhah?!"
JayM: Nothing, that was due to check before battle
[OOC] Gavriel: D31 btw
Something, a strange music echoes in the hearing that only Argent can hear…
JayM: http://youtu.be/WaCMC_1-bhI
[OOC] Gavriel: Oh fuck
Appearing in front of the party, behind the goats, looking up at you is… A familar face, a ronso, Gavriel would know. But she does not wears the headband familiar to the Wraiths any longer, on her back a green cloak, the rest of her clothes, the very same of that day. And she looks pissed
Argent: "Alright, who the hell's asking for a beatdown now?"
JayM: Battle order: Aldgoat A [F]:0 Jack [B]:2 Aldgoat B [F]:5 Aldgoat C [F]:5 Argent [F]:14 Wraith [B]:21 Gavriel [B]:29 Jnezdie [F]:34
JayM: Status for Aldgoat A [F] : [======= ]
JayM: Status for Aldgoat B [F] : [-KO-]
JayM: Status for Aldgoat C [F] : [========= ]
JayM: Status for Wraith [B] : [==========]
Argent cracks her knuckles
Aldgoat A "Baa!" s very loudly and strangely, and runs forward towards Argent [Headbutt]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 16 ( Total: 16 )
JayM rolled 1d10+128 and got 9 ( Total: 137.0 )
JayM: Physic[137] Physical Melee damage to her!
JayM: Jack!
Jack: "Haaarum."
Jnezdie: "A'int nowhere to go but down, you!"
Jack‘ adjust his song to the unoften played magicla refrain! [38D] [Shell (4)]
JayM: Shells are had!
Aldgoat C runs headlong into Jnezdie! [Headbutt]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 37 ( Total: 37 )
[OOC] Argent: [F] HP: 983/1120 | MP: 200/200 | Limit: 92/300 | SoS: 280 | Haste (4), Shell (4) )) "So, who the hell is this again?
JayM rolled 1d10+128 and got 10 ( Total: 138.0 )
[OOC] JayM: 138] Physical Melee damage to the man!
JayM: Argent!
Gavriel whirls towards her- and his eyes widen a bit in recognition. "…hn. We don’t need to fight any more." Still, if it's a fight she wants, Gavriel will defend himself and his companions!
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 852/970, MP: 139/180, LP: 200/300, SoS: 242 - Haste (2),Flare Sword (5),Shell (4)
Wraith: "I am not done… Not until I have my revenge!"
Argent isn't going to hesitate to try and exact some payment for the sudden attack, though. "…Oh, it's -you-." And she does a runpast to try and steal something of use. [Steal Equipment, 25D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 79 ( Total: 79 )
Jnezdie: "And I thought this was gonna be a good day for old reunions."
She dodges and whirls, moving with unnatural agility
Argent: "Some reunions are never good"
She growls, claps both hands together "Walk the aether! Vanishing Point!" and gains Vanish(5)
Argent mutters. "This crap again, huh?"
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel shakes his head. "Blood for blood has to end sometime. Nothing I can do will give you back what you have lost, but I will not let you get your revenge." He closes his eye, and then takes aim at her- "Furthermore!" He continues- or punctuates- his sentence with a gunshot. [Sight Unseeing D43]
Gavriel rolled d8+117 and got 2 ( Total: 119.0 ) for 55 CoS Blind
Also rolled 1d100 and got 29 [Total: 29 (Low), Avg: 29.00]
Total: 148.0, Avg: 15.50
Jnezdie: "…did you get her?"
Gavriel: "Yes."
Jnezdie whistles, impressed.
She growls, clearly. A small red spot in the rocks
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie licks his lips and charges at Aldgoat C, darkness cascading off of the glowing Ragnarok! [Soul Eater, 45D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 82 ( Total: 82 ) for 95/5
Jnezdie rolled 4d10+1144 and got 6, 4, 4, 8 ( Total: 1166.0 )
JayM: Aldgoat C is now conked out
[OOC] JayM: KO
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Aldgoat A [F]:0 Jack [F]:1 Wraith [B]:18 Gavriel [F]:33 Jnezdie [F]:40
JayM: Status for Aldgoat A [F] : [======= ] Bubble(3)
JayM: Status for Aldgoat C [F] : [-KO-]
JayM: Status for Wraith [B] : [==========] Vanish(4) Blind(4)
JayM: Argent!
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 610/970, MP: 139/180, LP: 230/300, SoS: 242 - Haste (1),Flare Sword (4),Shell (3)
Argent decides to stand there, tensed up but eyes narrowed, focused on the red dot, doing what may look like chanting-but if Florence is there it seems to be less focused on a chant and more of attempting to relay orders…[Artcall, CT10]
JayM: It's been so long, isn't it?
Aldgoat A attempts to keep hurting the pain train and runs headlong on Jnezdie! [Headbutt]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 )
JayM: But he's far too high!
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ sings the song of valor! [38D] [Brave (4)]
JayM: Bravery is had!
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Wraith [B]:8 Gavriel [F]:23 Jack [F]:29 Aldgoat A [F]:29 Jnezdie [F]:30
JayM: Status for Aldgoat A [F] : [======= ] Bubble(2)
JayM: Status for Wraith [B] : [==========] Vanish(4) Blind(4)
JayM: Argent!
Argent then stops…and points at the Wraith…as…[Artcall, 33D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 25 ( Total: 25 )
JayM: It hits!
Argent: "…Deus est machina, bitch." she snarkily comments as a white beam from the heavens strikes the vanished Wraith.
Argent rolled 2d12+224 and got 12, 9 ( Total: 245.0 )
A single beam of white light strikes the vanished Wraith, and a second, and suddenly a pillar of brilliant white light strikes from the heavens, connecting land and sky for amoment, the Wraith screams in pain, as the light subsides, etching a perfctly circular hole in the ground
She does not looks far too worse for the wear, still
The Wraith growls and jumps back, her cloak spreads wide like wings and she floats up slightly, going to higher terrain [Zone Change]
JayM: Battle order: Wraith [B]:0 Gavriel [F]:4 Jack [F]:10 Aldgoat A [F]:10 Jnezdie [F]:11 Argent [F]:14
JayM: Status for Aldgoat A [F] : [======= ] Bubble(2)
JayM: Status for Wraith [B] : [========= ] Blind(4)
The wraith growls "End this… Shadows! Descend! Darkness Angel!" as darkness envelops the front row!
JayM rolled 4d100 and got 94, 37, 46, 65 ( Total: 242 )
JayM: As the shadows lift… Only Argent stands!
[OOC] JayM: KO] [KO] [KO
Argent: "…you have got to be fucking shitting me."
And the remaining Aldgoat goes to ram Argent full force! [Full Ram]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 71 ( Total: 71 )
JayM: Whiffs, thankfully!
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Wraith [B]:17 Gavriel [F]:30 Aldgoat A [F]:35 Jack [F]:36 Jnezdie [F]:37
JayM: Status for Aldgoat A [F] : [======= ] Bubble(1)
JayM: Status for Wraith [B] : [========= ] Blind(3)
JayM: Argent!
Argent: "…ugh. Of all the…" Argent cringes…and then leaps into the back…[Row Change, 17D]
JayM: Synched with her! Act again!
Argent: "…tch, as much as you piss me off, you’re kind of necessary here." Argent comments as she throws a Phoenix Down at Jack's unconscious body [Item, 25D]
JayM: Jack returns to consciousness!
[OOC] Argent: [B] HP: 983/1120 | MP: 200/200 | Limit: 92/300 | SoS: 280 | Normal
The Wraith looks at Argent, her cloak lifts slightly "Angel's Seal!" and a glyph appears under Argent!
Jack‘ rubs at his jaw as he sits back up.
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 73, 17 ( Total: 90 )
JayM: … Oh, ahaha, I misinterpreted my own notes
JayM: That actually misses, thankfully for you
Argent leaps out from underneath the glyph
The remaining Aldgoat runs forward full tilt once again! [Full Ram]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 16 ( Total: 16 )
The Aldgoat rams right into Argent!
JayM rolled 1d10+128 and got 8 ( Total: 136.0 )
[OOC] JayM: 136] Physical Melee damage! Thrown into the Front Row again!
JayM: Battle order: Jack [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:1 Argent [F]:6 Wraith [B]:13 Gavriel [F]:34 Aldgoat A [F]:38
JayM: Status for Aldgoat A [F] : [======= ]
JayM: Status for Wraith [B] : [========= ] Blind(2)
JayM: Jack!
Jack` gives his head a shakes and slams down on a chord, followed by the rain momentarily stopping. He then begins to play a requim in reverse, as the water seems to flow back towards the sky as Jnezdie and Gavriel rise again. [38D] [25% Revive]
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 242/970, MP: 139/180, LP: 230/300, SoS: 242
Argent: "Jnezdie, get to the back, now!"
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie rises, back on his feet, clutching Ragnarok in both hands!
Argent: "We’ll get massacred if we stick too closely. Move to the back of the formation!"
Jnezdie: "Screw that. Don't cast anything, Arge." He raises Ragnarok high! [Runic, 27D]
Argent: "So that's how we're playing it, then." Argent comments, cracking her knuckles. "Fine by me."
JayM: Argent!
Argent then rushes forward…[Scourge, 31D]
[OOC] Argent: at the Wraith, at that
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 )
[OOC] Argent: …fuck you too, Sugar
She jumps to the side, seeming to fly for a moment
She growls once again "You will not escape!" she spreds her cloak wide, on the underside it seems to have a winglike design- And Jnezdie notices, on it is emboidered on the edge a familiar symbol, from way back in the Black Iron Dragon Fortress 'Tesseract'. "Garuda Wings! Mistral SCREAM!" and raw waves of impact head towards Jnezdie- However, his Runic eats it up! 28 MP!
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Gavriel [F]:6 Argent [F]:9 Jack [F]:10 Aldgoat A [F]:10 Wraith [B]:26
JayM: Status for Aldgoat A [F] : [======= ]
JayM: Status for Wraith [B] : [========= ] Blind(1)
JayM: Jnezdie
Jnezdie: "Yeah, you thought I was just sittin' around, didn't ya'."
Argent: "Yeah, you know what, fuck you too, lady."
Gavriel growls.
Jnezdie: "Hmm… it's not linin' up right, yet."
Jnezdie raises Ragnarok high again! [Runic, 27D]
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel throws his head back and howls, and the drizzling rain in the air bends, converging on a focal point, a wheel of water encircling the Wraith. [CT 10]
JayM: Powerful…
JayM: Argent!
Argent decides that the wraith may very well exhaust their resources, though…screw it, punching the goat. [Pummel, 31D]
Argent rolled 2#d100(1) and got 50 ( Total: 50 )
Also rolled 2#d100(2) and got 62 [Total: 62 (High), Avg: 62.00]
Total: 112, Avg: 56.00
JayM: That should be two hits
Argent clocks it on the side of the head, and then elbows it over the top!
Argent rolled 2#1d8+130(1) and got 1 ( Total: 131.0 )
Also rolled 2#1d8+130(2) and got 2 [Total: 132.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 263.0, Avg: 1.50
JayM: Damage!
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ takes a step back. [22D]
JayM: Battle order: Aldgoat A [F]:0 Gavriel [F]:6 Wraith [B]:16 Jnezdie [F]:17 Jack [B]:22 Argent [F]:30
JayM: Status for Aldgoat A [F] : [===== ]
JayM: Status for Wraith [B] : [========= ] Blind(1)
The Aldgoat decides that people need to remain on the front row! it rushes towards Jack at full tilt! [Full Ram]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 90 ( Total: 90 )
JayM: Npe, too high up there
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel carefully sights along the gun - with his ruined, useless eye, rather than his good one - before firing a single shot into the wheel of water, which collapses around the Wraith! [Angelic: Sunder the Wheel D49]
Gavriel rolled d8+153 and got 7 ( Total: 160.0 ) for MP damage
[OOC] Gavriel: Arcana Killer if that’s relevant
JayM: It isn't, unlike last time
[OOC] Jnezdie: lol
She looks at Jnezdie, and points a palm at him
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 58 ( Total: 58 )
JayM: No effect?
JayM: Not even mana
JayM: Jnezdie!
[OOC] Jnezdie: inits
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Jack [B]:5 Argent [F]:13 Aldgoat A [F]:22 Wraith [B]:30 Gavriel [F]:38
JayM: Status for Aldgoat A [F] : [===== ]
JayM: Status for Wraith [B] : [========= ]
Jnezdie holds up one of his fingers and waves it back and forth, tsk tsk.
Jnezdie brings Ragnarok down in front of him in a defensive stance! [Defend, 27D]
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ sings the song of life! [47D]
Jack` rolled 5d10*1.25+140*1.25 and got 8, 5, 5, 8, 7 ( Total: 216.25 )
JayM: Healing!
JayM: Argent!
Argent goes with more attempted goat assault! [Scourge, 31D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 54 ( Total: 54 )
JayM: Hit!
Argent rolled 1d8+416 and got 4 ( Total: 420.0 )
Argent , in fact, grabs the goat by the horn, lifting it before smashing its head down onto her sharply-rising knee
JayM: A cracking sound
JayM: You know what to have for lunch
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Wraith [B]:3 Gavriel [F]:11 Argent [F]:17 Jack [B]:25
JayM: Status for Wraith [B] : [========= ]
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie grins, then raises Ragnarok high. [Runic, 27D]
The wraith scream in rage
The wraith scream in rage "That’s it! Garuda system! Angelic Booster!" water gathers around her as the cloak falls, revealing four jade wings, the water splits into droplets, tiny, tiny droplets that reflect a small rainbow around her "ASTRAL FLOW!" she shouts, beating the wings only once, sending millions of tiny particles of water and shredding wind gusts towards the party [Limit Break:
JayM: Astral Flow]
JayM rolled 4d100 and got 11, 92, 25, 51 ( Total: 179 )
JayM rolled 1d10+360 and got 9 ( Total: 369.0 )
JayM: 369 Magical Holy damage to everyone except Jack!
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 89/970, MP: 167/180, LP: 230/300, SoS: 242
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [F]:0 Argent [F]:6 Jack [B]:14 Jnezdie [F]:16 Wraith [B]:33
JayM: Status for Wraith [B] : [========= ]
JayM: Gavriel!
Jnezdie: "(I think she mad.)"
Jnezdie coughs some blood, but holds on!
[OOC] Argent: [B] HP: 694/1120 | MP: 200/200 | Limit: 120/300 | SoS: 280 | Normal
Argent looks amused. "…I take it that's your best?"
Gavriel is still standing. Barely. "…this doesn't… need… to be happening." He gets to one knee- fires off a poisoned shot. [Beso Toxico D59]
Gavriel rolled d8+117 and got 3 ( Total: 120.0 ) for 55 CoS Blind 55 CoS Poison
Also rolled 2d100 and got 30, 43 [Total: 73 (Low), Avg: 36.50]
Total: 193.0, Avg: 25.33
JayM: Poisoned and blind!
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jack [B]:8 Jnezdie [F]:10 Wraith [B]:27 Gavriel [F]:53
JayM: Status for Wraith [B] : [======== ] Poison(4) Blind(4)
JayM: Argent!
Argent decides to once again extort usable stuff from the Wraith [Steal Equipment, 31D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 60 ( Total: 60 )
JayM: What's the CoS on that gain?
Argent: 65
Argent rushes past- Whereas removing the wings is plain impossible, she realizes that the cloak is not part of them, and it's also not just for show [Effulgent Cape]
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ continues playing the song of life! [47D]
Jack` rolled 5d10*1.25+140*1.25 and got 7, 2, 9, 5, 10 ( Total: 216.25 )
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie stomps his foot, psyching himself up, and then he points at the Wraith, holding Ragnarok high! [Runic, 27D]
She is pretty much outpatched right now but will not yield! She points a hand at Jnezdie!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 58 ( Total: 58 )
JayM: No effect?
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:6 Gavriel [F]:22 Jack [B]:24 Wraith [B]:27
JayM: Status for Wraith [B] : [======= ] Poison(3) Blind(3)
JayM: Argent!
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 314/1004, MP: 156/167, LP: 26/300, SoS: 251
[OOC] Argent: [F] HP: 910/1120 | MP: 200/200 | Limit: 120/300 | SoS: 280 | Normal )) Argent rushes in to start the beatdown, on that note! [Pummel, 31D]
Argent rolled 2#d100(1) and got 20 ( Total: 20 )
Also rolled 2#d100(2) and got 8 [Total: 8 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 28, Avg: 14.00
JayM: My, two hits
Argent rolled 2#1d8+130(1) and got 8 ( Total: 138.0 )
Also rolled 2#1d8+130(2) and got 6 [Total: 136.0 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 274.0, Avg: 7.00
Argent: Straight kick into left backhand@
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie shakes his head at the Wraith, keeping Ragnarok aloft. [Runic, 27D]
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel shifts position- and then fires off a shot, regardless of the vicious recoil! [Full Assault D49]
Gavriel rolled d8+234 and got 6 ( Total: 240.0 ) for 55 CoS refresh blind (4)
Also rolled 1d100 and got 15 [Total: 15 (Low), Avg: 15.00]
Total: 255.0, Avg: 10.50
JayM: Strike, full power!
JayM: Jack!
Jack` continues playing the song of life! [47D]
Jack` rolled 5d10*1.25+140*1.25 and got 8, 7, 9, 8, 7 ( Total: 223.75 )
JayM: Battle order: Wraith [B]:0 Argent [F]:4 Jnezdie [F]:6 Jack [B]:44 Gavriel [F]:54
JayM: Status for Wraith [B] : [===== ] Poison(3) Blind(3)
She moves her hand, to repeat her move- But suddenly two of her wings beat "What-" and the lower two do the same "Wait-" and they beat stronger, moving her upwards "Grrah! I can do this!" they seem to move with a will of their own "Grr! I can finish this mission-" they fly her backwards "Grrrrah! I will get you! I promise! Aah!" and upwards- Of their own volition, and against her will
JayM: definitely, they start to fly away…
[OOC] JayM: Victory
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 47 ( Total: 47 )
Jnezdie: "Hmmph. Finished toying with us, then?" he shouts up.
Jack` scratches at the side of his face. "How… peculiar."
Argent: "Yeah, see you. Bring more stuff for us to take next time, huh?"
Sarah comes back from wherever she was hiding (you probably know where) and Florentine shrugs off the rock and snow from the leather cover she was using to hide "You are… Definitely powerful" she says
Argent: "We almost didn’t make that one."
Jnezdie: "That's how we do it."
Jnezdie strikes a pose, feet apart, shoulders back, chest out, Ragnarok high! Then sheathes Ragnarok, loosening up.
Gavriel grits his teeth. "I do wonder who was pulling her strings. Her words aside, that was not a mission motivated solely by wrath and vengeance." He shakes his head, cleans his gun off.
Argent: "She's got backers, that's for sure." Argent starts hefting or dragging the dead goat
Sarah looks up at the sky "If she was recalled… Maybe she is just a tool"
Jnezdie: "We'll just have to pluck the wings next time."
Florentine: "Still… We would do well to move on, we are in the edge of the cliff, the winds can suddenly turn strong here. And, it is cold"
Jack: "Aye."
Jnezdie: "You know it, Flore." He picks up his pack, ready to move.
Argent: "Let's go, then." Argent comments, carrying dead goat along the way as she passes by Florentine.
Jnezdie drinks four tonics.
As you start to head down, you see more aldgoats- Who scatter as soon as they hear you, it's kind of cute given their large bodies, scattering and running like that. As you go down you see, the cliffs give place to waterfalls as the snow from the mountains melts and forms tiny, tiny rivers which drain underground. You finally hit the ground… Looking ahead, there is nothing, not even a
JayM: small village here. And further ahead, still a few good kilometers ahead, the lights of the front line, it seems like the Ethereals have gained terrain this time
Argent: "…well, shit." Argent comments. Time to start sneaking, it seems
Jnezdie: "Huh… looks like we're doing another frontline dash, at some point."
Suddenly, Florentine "I… Need to return" she says, walking over to Jnezdie. She puts a hand on his shoulder
Argent: "Oi, Florentine. Hold on a second."
She looks at Argent "Hrm?"
Jnezdie looks over to Florentine. "Likely, yeah. 's only gonna get rougher. Thanks a lot for your help, yeah?"
Argent puts the goat down, before digging through her pack, and fishing out a good amount of coinage. "Here, take this in case you see a military-grade bow for sale somewhere."
Florentine looks, and picks it up "Thank you…"
Florentine takes a deep breath "And…" she comes closer to Jnezdie, and puts her lips on his- A kiss- A terrible kiss- A girl's first kiss… She takes a step back, turns around "I need… To choose my memories well" she says, in a melancholic tone, jumps on her bird, holding the money tightly, and spurs it back in the mountain's direction
Jack‘ raises an eyebrow.
Jnezdie puts his hands on his hips, sighing.
[OOC] JayM: +5386 XP/+1310 Gil/+15 AP
Sarah sighs… "That… Was… Kind of sad…"
Jnezdie shakes his head, mumbling. "(Jeez, second time you got the last kiss…)"
Argent: "Doubt we’d do any good by dragging her where we're headed."
Sarah takes a few steps towards a south-ish direction "Can we… Set camp here? I think I know how to make good use of things we scavanged"
Gavriel tilts his head to the side, not one to judge. Perhaps they will meet again. "If we set a lookout, we should be safe."
Jnezdie: "Yeah, let's set up."
Jack: "Ah, of course!"
Sarah nods "Jnezdie- Can you give me a hand i'll do a thing with your Runic ability, it'll be pretty amazing"
Jnezdie: "Sure thing. Whatcha' need me to do?"
Sarah: "You'll help me make something… That can redirect Ultima's energy"
Jnezdie grins wildly. "Wicked."
Argent: "…hn. Very familiar indeed." Argent comments, before dragging the goat over and preparing to skin it.
Sarah will proceed to spent a lot of time camped here- Inspired, she is, although she requirs your aid almost the entire time to do something… In the end, she produces a weapon that is like a long tube, akin to a mortar launcher or bazooka, although the upper part is inscribed with runes… [Sattelite Cannon]
Argent: "…Reminiscient of someone who I had to put out of their misery long ago." -*splortch*
She also breaks down the light sail, tossing away a lot of broken, fried, pieces and remaking it smaller, a lot smaller- Like a shield, a ring of metal that, when ative, has a translucent field on it [Voiture Lumiere]
[OOC] JayM: Epilogue
Standing in a snowy road, right by a crimson glow that floats in the air. A Viera looks down at the misty canyon beside them "The Tesseract's pawn failed"
A Nu'Mou beside her nods, and the human in white robes looks up "Should we intrude?" he says
The Nu'Mou looks towards the road ahead "We need to know what they discovered" and all three start calmly walking down the path
[OOC] JayM: End Epilogue

JayM: Sattelite Cannon: Reusable Item, Deals 4d12+36xMAG Magical Damage to the enemy party, requires Argent alive, hits both user and Argent with +30D, after use needs 150D to recharge - Using Argent's Artcall and Runic technology, it redirects and concentrates the power of Ultima
JayM: Voiture Lumiere: T4, Relic, Shield, M.Evasion 3, Repel Holy - Originally a light sail, when active it treats light like a physical object, which assists in avoiding magic and also makes it apt at redirecting holy-element
JayM: Repel Property: Like Reflect, but at -75% situational modifier

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License