Split Worlds - Session 26
A dark tunnel, lit by ephemeral violet flames set to you by Omega as you head through, the exit from his portion of the ruins and to what should be the way into the city itself. The way is actually almost unbearable long, soon enough the flames are there no longer, presumably out of range of his magic, and after a good while you need to take a break, Sarah unable to walk any longer. This
JayM: much distance, you're surely past the outer wards of the city already, it should already be atop of you, but yet to see a single sign of the ruins proper
Argent: "…tch. Goes on just damn forever." Argent remains standing for the time being.
Until, you finally reach it, a pair of metal double doors, the sort you've seen in ruins before that slide to the side, except they're jammed, but half-open by previous enterprising adventurers. Inside, it's dark and… As soon as you figure out a way to generate some light, you're greeted by the visage of a vast engine, as massive as a small house, tubes leaving it and going into the
JayM: ground, ground which has been torn away by time to reveal the tubes flowing out, and up. There are stairwells on the far end of the room
Jack: "Wouldn't me much of a secret tunnel if it didn't!"
Jnezdie cracks his knuckles. "Woulda' been interesting if it'd been undisturbed. At least Ethereals have some sense of adventure, down here!"
Gavriel tromps, tromps, tromps. No path is unbearably long, as long as it's going in the direction Sarah needs to head. (However, bodies have needs, and he doesn't mind the eventual call for a break and a stretch.) Finally- he lets out a slow breath of astonishment. "…look at the -size- of that thing."
Sarah looks at the engine, walking closer, inspecting it for a while "Indeed"
A gentle breeze pours out of a broken pipe, fresh air
Argent looks over at the engine-unless they had something this big materialside. "Holy hell, what's in the ruins that they'd need this thing for?"
Jnezdie looks to Gavriel for a second, kind of confused, and then looks back to the engine. "Oh. Oh! Yeah."
Jnezdie: "Beats me, the whole ruin? Kinda surprised some Ethereal hasn't made it an issue to rout out this engine and smash it on purpose."
Argent: "Don't know, don't care."
Sarah goes over to the pipe, to take a whiff "(still works…)" she shakes her head slightly "Well, this place might be interesting"
Jack: "Well, there's always kinds of large 'things' in the ruins."
Gavriel starts peering at it from all different angles, comparing it to what he's familiar with… Glances over at Sarah. She's the expert. "Do tell."
Argent: "Hm? Anything you expect to find here, Sarah?"
Sarah closes her eyes "This… Is an ancient house"
Sarah: "They didn't use to live in houses like you know, their people lived in large buildings, with many, many rooms, often cramped… I wonder why, did they have a reason? Or was it just a relic of their own past?"
Jack‘ rubs at his chin.
Sarah: "I’ve been to one such ruin before, they're pretty bland but if you look very closely, you can find hints of their lives"
Argent shrugs. "Needed the space for other things?"
Jnezdie: "Crazy thought, but- if livin' at home was so cramped and borin', maybe it 'forced' them to go out and do stuff?"
Jnezdie: "No idea if I'm even close here, straight up."
Sarah grins at Jnezdie "Who knows? I'm geninuely curious! Shall we go on?"
Jnezdie smiles back. "Yeah! Let's rummage through some drawers."
Argent shrugs. "Might as well, maybe there's something useful they left behind."
Gavriel: "…hn. I suppose I can imagine why a house would need an engine." He continues to glance it over, while listening to the others. "Can understand not wanting to be too spaced out from members of your clan, really. Makes sense to me."
There is really only one path out of the engine room- It leads upwards through the stairs, and a doorway which leads- Sarah looks back at Gavriel, now she is curious, why would he think a house needs an engine? Still- The doorway leads to a… Maybe it was once like the atrium of a castle, now, it's nothing by the path of destruction a giant boulder carved on a seventeen-floor building
JayM: when it fell through it's top down to it's lowest floor. However, the path the boulder itself carved apart, it seems remarkably intact
Argent: "I wouldn't know." Argent shrugs as she walks along.
JayM: And there's really two ways to adance through this, you can take the easy path up, climbing through debris for a Climbing [TN 3] check with Sarah to get up there or a Navigation [TN 6] check without to make your way through the damaged maze-like structure
Gavriel: "Hn. Generate heat. Could use it to power lamps. Hell, maybe their houses moved around. Everything's better with unreasonably powerful engines attached." He shrugs.
Jack: "Fahaha."
Sarah just can't contain a laugh now "Those are actually good ideas"
Argent: "Probably keeps it independent from other buildings if that's the case."
Jnezdie: "Let's poke around!" He hops about from foot to foot, but doesn't climb. Time to do a little urban spelunking! [Aptitude]
Argent decides that scavenging might not be too bad, and lets her own innate knack for navigation guide her. [Lucky:Wilderness]
Gavriel definitely cannot hold back his curiosity at this point. [Aptitude]
Jack‘ rolled 2#d8+1(1) and got 1 ( Total: 2.0 ) **
Also rolled 2#d8+1(2) and got 4 [Total: 5.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Also rolled 2d8 and got 6, 8 [Total: 14 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(1) and got 3 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(2) and got 3 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(3) and got 8 [Total: 8 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 35.0, Avg: 4.71
JayM: Alright, so [1/3]
Argent also has a bit of training in navigation in case her knack fails. [Jack of All Trades]
Jack` rolled d6+1 and got 6 ( Total: 7.0 )
JayM: That puts us at [2/3]
Gavriel growls and shakes his head. No. Wrong way. [Reliable]
Jack` rolled d10+1 and got 10 ( Total: 11.0 )
Gavriel knows the goddamn way, yes. There’s something familiar here, a smell- A kind of smell that not even the centuries could destroy, the smell that is particular to families, also the particular smell of despair (or are you just imaginating all this?). Either way, you make your way around, and it's a difficult path. In one way, this structure is apparently built to be as space-efficient
JayM: as possible, to house as many people in as little space as physically possible without creating inhumane conditions, and your engineering skills do help here
[OOC] JayM: +4 AP/+1250 XP
Gavriel frowns, runs his fingers along the bulkheads, examines the floors, the walls- sniffing at the air. After a while, and seemingly to himself, he rumbles: "(I'm sorry. Whoever you were, your engineers did a damned good job.)"
Jack: "Gahah can uyou imagine trying to transfers this labyrinthe day after day?"
As you explore, you find this place to be somewhat sad… There are small rooms only large enough for a bed, a table which is attached to the wall (seems like it'd fold into the wall, but the hinges are long destroyed on every single room), and a chair (most already destroyed by time) that is more often than not facing this large object that is just beside the door, it has a board with
JayM: many buttons and a dark glass panel, most of those are damaged too. More often than not, you find a skeleton in the room, Jnezdie has the sensation that those skeletons were enjoying themselves at the time of their deaths
Gavriel: "You'd get used to it, I'd imagine."
Argent throws some rubble aside that was otherwise in the way, otherwise lending her sense of direction to the task. "They were probably used to it."
Gavriel: "That, or you'd get laughed at uproariously."
Jnezdie: "You'd have to be dang good at makin' corners quickly, yeah."
Jnezdie: "With so many people about, too!"
Jnezdie: "You'd have to be on close personal terms with your neighbors just to pass by 'em, yeah?"
The bigger rooms, are not even that much bigger, the beds are just large enough for two, and a foldable bed underneath it, presumably for kids, but the setup is the same. Not a single kitchen, not a single locker, only very fe windows
Argent: "City crowds aren't too much different." Argent shrugs.
Gavriel: "Like I said, I can think of worse th-" -he cuts off, turning a corner to face a skeleton. Closes his eye, turns around, keeps tromping through. "…they can't have been lonely. Community like this… would have had to share their goods, be tight-knit to survive."
Jnezdie: "Yeah… despite barely bein' able to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the walls, I get that feelin', yeah?"
Jnezdie: "Or at least a lingerin' happiness."
At one point, however, Sarah stops you all, right in one of the rooms. It's somewhat sad, there's the remains of the old residents, a couple most likely (the skeletons are damaged, Jnezdie, but they were certainly of far too different size and shape), a long-forgotten doll of a chocobo in the foot of the bed. But Sarah is at least unfazed, and inspects the object in the wall wit hthe
JayM: glass panel, it has a very light, eery glow
Argent: "I wouldn't stand it myself."
Sarah: "It's difficult" she says off-handedly "Hum… Still working"
Argent: "…tch." Argent looks over the room. "Hm? What is?"
Sarah: "Kind of… I'll need assistance"
Gavriel: "To each their own, yes. They had to have had a reason to live like this, though." He tromps over to Sarah, respectful of the skeletons.
Jack: "Oho, another of those display panels working?"
Jnezdie nods once to the skeleons, then hops over towards Sarah. "Sure thing."
Sarah looks at Argent "We've seen a datoru before! This is a lesser one" she looks at Gavriel "Right, you're going to help a lot"
Argent: "Ah, right then."
Jnezdie: "Oh, hey- those ghost… teacher… peoplethings."
Sarah: "Hum… Remember those tools I gave you a while back? Hum… They have a special function that I need the help of right now"
Sarah nods "Yes! Uhn, I need to remove a part from this one, the last functioning part, really"
Gavriel rummages around for his tools for a moment. "-'kay, got 'em. They… really built these to last, didn't they?"
Sarah: "Put a hand over the toolset, and say 'Silaris On'"
Sarah: "Yeah… They were supposed to last through the end of the world"
Argent: "Well, they lasted through their end, anyway."
Sarah: "Maybe"
Jnezdie whispers, asiding to Ragnarok. "(Now, y'see, every now and then Sarah drops some kinda new knowledge on us. Come back one day and tell me some o' these secret words, when ya' learn 'em!)"
Gavriel raises his eyebrow and kind of peers at Sarah, but what the hell? "Hn." Beat, he glances down at the toolset. "Silaris On!"
Jnezdie: "(I mean, I'm gonna start talkin' to both you and my katana sheath, sayin' random stuff too! Glow softly if you understand.)"
His arm is enveloped in a soft violet light, the tools move by themselves! the violet light turns into- Images of buttons and screens, you feel the entire thing a bit warm. There are… Instructions in the light, in your language, although it's a pretty badly mangled translation of some other language, you'r sure
Jnezdie sees only the faint glow of some of the gears within the machinery of the blade
Jnezdie nods once in understanding!
Sarah: "Aha! Silaris tools are pretty useful but they're terribly complicated to use, few people like them, but after you master them, though"
Sarah: "Hum, I need some of it's functions, just come a bit closer"
Jack: "Hrmrmrm." '
Jnezdie peeeeeeeeeeeeers at Gavriel's arm.
Gavriel staaaaaaaaaaares. ._O And he immediately starts poking at it and reading and and and- and then Sarah needs his help and he snaps out of it! "R- right, sorry I-"
Argent: "…the hell?!"
Sarah gets Gavriel closer to do something with those tools, she intently fiddles with the buttons and draws a small wire from inside the broken datoru and into his toolset (did anyone pay attention to her tail in all this while?). She fiddles with the whole thing a little bit more, eventually getting Gavriel's assistance to help her remove a small square device from the machine "Thank
JayM: you "
JayM: It looks amazingly complicated, Gavriel, and you're pretty sure you're as far from a master as can be- Better keep that mode for when you got time to fiddle, you don't think you can actually do anything worthwhile with it at all until you learn a lot more about it
Sarah spends that little moment too long before she stands up again to show the square device to the party "… You've seen one like this before, Jack… I… I didn't know you were capable of it, but I heard the song you drew from it"
She hands this one to Jack "This one does something else, but it has a special song on it too"
[OOC] JayM: Graf Nebesk√° x1, Relic, Elder, Protect(3), Reflect(2) on party, usable by Bard
Gavriel is just goddamn barely passing his will save here. He watches what Sarah's doing intently- helping to remove the thingy- "-aheheh, no, thank you." Obviously he can't do anything with it that's not the point, it's- it's awesome and way more complex than anything has a right to be!
Gavriel will manage to contain his enthusiasm, don't worry.
Jack‘ tilts his head to the side - "Oh! That device from before. Hrrrrrm."
Sarah nods "It wasn’t meant for this use, but- You seem to have found a way, I hope I can hear that music too"
Jack‘ turns it over in his hands a few times, nodding absently. "Perhaps!"
Jnezdie: "Repurposin’ totally counts as a use."
Argent: "If it's useful, it's useful." Argent shrugs. "Let's not sweat the details of what it was originally meant for."
Soon enough, Gavriel has got his wits back around him, and Sarah is done fiddling with that. She stops for a moment, eyes closed, to think, before simply walking on. You eventually reach… A portion that is clearly outside the ruins but not above-ground yet. It leads to a small earthen tunnel (perhaps where the boulder was once lodged) and above it, a heavy slab of stone, above you like
JayM: a ceiling (you're definitely under the stone pavement of something, Jnezdie)
Jnezdie: "(We live pretty quickly!)" he asides to Ragnarok. "(Usually don't get the chance to sit and think about all the neat things we've seen each Pass until the end rest.)"
Argent: "…looks like we're under the Ethereal capital."
Argent: "…unless it's another bit of ruin."
Sarah: "No… The ruins use a lot of metal, not stone"
Sarah: "We're definitely where we aimed to go"
Argent: "(Everything starts to look similar down here, really.)" Argent asides to herself
Jnezdie: "So someone's civil works project gave us the ol' blockage-in-the-road scam, eh?"
Sarah: "Well, maybe we can move it"
Argent: "Let's, and prepare for the worst." Argent cracks her knuckles.
Jack: "Good luck!"
Gavriel: "…hn." He stares balefully at the… boulder? blocking the way.
[OOC] JayM: Stone slab
Jnezdie cracks his neck as he rolls it from side to side and limbers up.
Argent starts to test the slab to see if it budges in any direction normally
A bit of pushing- The slab is in fact free and, weight aside, easy enough to move. As you scale outside, everything is suddenly a lot darker for some reason
Argent is now definitely on her guard here
And after a moment, when your attention passes by your light source you know why, there is a dark miasma in this place, a horrible fog that chokes light away. This is a long corridor, stretching both sides, for longer than your light seems to illuminate, at least
Jnezdie: "(Yo,)" he whispers. "(Least nobody will see us emergin'.)"
Gavriel staaaares into the inky blackness. That's rather… unusual.
JayM: Indeed
Jack: "Huh."
Argent: "…Tch." Argent stays up front, working her way through the miasma that would, in some poetry, have its blackness compared to something to do with rainy souls or the like.
Jnezdie: "(Doesn't seem to burn when I breathe it. Let's get out of this hole before someone else falls into it.)"
It takes a few moments, a shrieking scream comes from your right. The voice of a woman, screaming, definitely in pain, possibly hurt
Jack‘ glances to the right, then to Sarah, then the right, then to Sarah.
Sarah raises an eyebrow, it wasn’t hers, so what are you waiting for?!
Jnezdie doesn't bother waiting, immediately dashing to the right!
Argent: "Too late for that." Argent drops into a fighting stance, turning about and heading over now that Jnezdie had leapt into the fray
Gavriel heads thataway, getting his gun ready!
Jack‘ was waiting for Sarah to say somethign so that argent wouldn’t throw a hissy fit, obviously, but takes off after Jnezdie all the same.
As you run, you hear the eery and now somewhat familiar clattering of bones hitting the floor, a grunt and a muffled curse, the sound of metal hitting stone. You arrive just in time to see a human woman, looking rather dishiveled, deep, dark-blue short hair strewn about all over the place, a few dents in the padded cover of her light blue shirt. She jumps back, dodging the claws of a
JayM: skeleton
Argent: "…Really. A skeleton?"
The woman spins around, bringing her rapier to bear on the skeleton, striking at the skull and sending it flying away, causing it to collapse. She looks, exhausted and about at the limits of her strength
Argent deadpans at the scene.
Argent: "…so why did you run over here again, Jnezdie?"
Jnezdie waves. "Hey! Didja scream or are we still on the move?"
The woman looks at you "A-ahh… H-hi?" she takes a step forward, and falls on her knees
Jnezdie: "Whoa-!" He moves to catch her if she's close, but otherwise.
Jack: "- Are you alright, madam?"
Jnezdie holds her just in time- Something in her feels familiar, you're not sure what- she takes a few deep breaths "K-kind of…" she takes Jnezdie's help to stand "Thanks"
Argent looks over at the women, checking to see if there were any notable wounds. "Sarah, do you recognize her?"
Jnezdie: "Not a problem. I'm Jnezdie."
Sarah: "N-no"
Argent: "Right then."
Aqua: "I'm Aqua! I'm here looking for a vile mage, a necromancer, though I think i'm at about my limit… And, what are all of you doing in the catacombs?"
Argent: "We've got our own business."
Jnezdie: "We get lost -pretty- easily."
Aqua: "S-sorry…"
Jnezdie: "But it's okay, because we go everywhere."
Gavriel stands stoically nearby, keeping an eye out for more fiends. Got here just in time for Jnezdie to dashingly catch a fainting woman- he catches himself thinking like Jack, chuckles dryly.
Aqua: "Nice! Hum, look I know i'm imposing but, could you lend me a hand?"
Jack: "Oh, don't mind Argent, my dear. She's not really a people person."
She nods "It's okay- She looks like someone who went through a lot. She's got the right to"
Jnezdie: "Someone cute as you can impose pretty heavily, far as I'm concerned."
Jack: "Almost certainly! Sarah?"
Argent deadpans at Jnezdie's behavior once again. "Anyway, what do you plan to do with this necromancer once you have a run-in with it?"
Sarah: "I don't mind"
Aqua: "Well, i'm supposed to arrest him"
Argent: "Search and beatdown, huh? Eh, fine, I'm in. The imps we had a run-in with weren't what I'd call entertaining targets." Argent comments, cracking her knuckles, before commenting to herself, "(and Sarah wouldn't refuse anyway.)"
Gavriel nods. Defeating evil mages is -always- a valuable way to spend the day!
Jnezdie: "We're deputies, then!"
Jnezdie: "At your service, Aqua!"
Jack‘ gives a flourished bow at Jnezdie’s words.
Aqua: "Alright… I've tracked him down to the crypts here. This place is pretty simple there's the East Ward" she points from where she came "Where is the commoner's graves and the West Ward, where it's the royalty's graves. The West Ward has a very large amount of wards, whereas the East Ward doesn't have nearly as many, so I expected him to be there"
Gavriel: "Hn. Crypts are a necromancer's home turf. This ought to be fun."
Aqua: "Where do you want to start?"
Argent: "Did you complete your run of the East Ward so far?"
Jnezdie: "Seems to me that if'n this guy's raisin' the dead, he'd want to be around where there's a lot o' potentials, yeah? Also, what Argent said."
Argent: "If not, we can head over the spots you haven't checked out so far. If so, we're heading to the West."
Aqua: "Nope, I got halfway through the corridor"
Argent: "…Right then."
Aqua: "(There were like a hundred skeletons there, really…)"
Argent: "(I doubt there were that many, but sure, let's resume.)"
Jnezdie: "East it is!"
As you resume heading eastwards… It's proven that Argent is correct, a hundred skeletons is far too many, but it was at least half of that, given the amount of bones scattered around. You don't know how strong those skeletons might have been, but if this many actually made it here, she most probably took the right choice in retreating to the corridor… And there are ashes too, although
JayM: none of you could know the reason (purified undead, most probably, Jnezdie)
You eventually reach the end of the corridor, it ends into… A grandious structure. From the ceiling, lightly violet semitranslucent crystal spider like the roots of a tree into the stone below, it is like a massive tower is built underground, it glows lightly a gentle white light, there is a long stairwell on the side… And when you come closer, you realize that the tower in the center
JayM: and the walls around it, they are full of graves, properly identified, it must have been a few passes at BEST since some of them have been visited, some of them look unreachable, too, many are undisturbed, but many are also as if the denizens walked out
Still, even in this grandious communal grave, you find that each individual grave, as carefully tended as it is, it's also simple, the commoners, all atop eachother in a pile
Jack: "Oh, my."
JayM: The light… Is not as bright further down (how many floors is this, a hundred?)
Gavriel looks around, eye wide…
Aqua: "The commoner's graves" she points up "That's the crystal of the city" she looks at the graves "… Father's here somewhere" "
Argent: "He's definitely been here, at the very least." Argent comments, looking over, "Whether or not he's moved on, we can't tell, but let's do a sweep"
JayM: There's really only one path to go here, and it is down
Argent heads on down the path, cracking her knuckles
JayM: And you don't have much choice on what to do after you take a half-dozen steps going down… The stairwell it starts to crumble behind you!
JayM: Quick, a Running [TN 5] check, with Sarah, to get out of this scrape
Argent: "DAMNIT!" And Argent grabs Sarah's arm, yanking her along as she runs! [Dependable x2:Physical]
Jack: "Aaaah!"
Gavriel curse-growls, and takes off like a dirty shirt. [Aptitude]
Jnezdie: "(Now see, Ragnarok, the capital of the Ethereal Kingdom is entirely crystal, and -this- is probably the best waa-)aaaaaaaaa!" He hustles downward! [Trick][Double or Nothing]
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+1 and got 6, 10 ( Total: 17.0 ) for DoN the first, lolsarah’d the last d8
d10: 8 [Total: 8 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 2#d8(1) and got 2 [Total: 2 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 2#d8(2) and got 3 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 30.0, Avg: 5.80
The party makes a break for it, running like there is no tomorrow. Suddenly the stairwell breaks ahead of you as well! Quick movements, interesting jumps, you make it past, and you run, good heavens this is a long stairwell and it's collapsing entirely- The last stretch- You don't quite make it, the stairs beneath you collapse and you fall, but thankfully the fall is very short, and the
JayM: collapsed section gives you sufficient cover from what is falling from above
[OOC] JayM: +3 AP/+1000 XP
There is nothing but dust in your view
Sarah seems unfazed by the dust, but Aqua is coughing heavily
Jnezdie: "Whoof… everyone in one piece?"
Jnezdie pushes himself up from the dust and rubble.
Jack: "I believe so! Phew." ;
Sarah: "M-mostly"
Argent: "Don't people actually perform maintenance on these damn things?"
Aqua: "Oh… So much dust… Every ten passes! It was probably sabotaged"
Argent: "He's likely down here then."
Gavriel starts coughing… growling… checking himself for broken bones… "Ugh…"
Argent: "If everyone's unharmed, then we should go."
You hear clattering as the dust settles… You hear groaning sounds… There are certainly lots of bones, and most of the skeletons were taken down by the debris itself as it fell (this was probably not a smart trap) and ahead of you… Three skeletons, holding staves in their long-decayed hands. A groaning sound as two vaguely humanoid figures, covered in tattered robes which obscure
JayM: their faces and floating slightly off the ground, appear before you.
JayM: The remains of the undead stationed here, it seems!
Sarah has already vanished in the dust, that was fast
Jnezdie: "Seems like we're the cleanin' crew, then!" He hops to his feet and draws Ragnarok!
Aqua looks around "W-where'd your friend go?"
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Shade A [F]:1 Shade B [F]:1 Argent [F]:2 Jack [B]:3 Aqua [F]:5 Jnezdie [F]:5 Skeleton Wizard A [B]:5 Skeleton Wizard B [B]:5 Skeleton Wizard C [B]:5
Jnezdie: "She a'int really the fightin' type."
Jnezdie: "Don't worry, she's around!"
Argent: "Screw it, let's just kick their asses." Argent drops into a fighting stance!
Jack: "Likely hiding, yes."
Gavriel wide scan! [D29]
JayM: You've seen undead before, Gavriel, but only rarely…
Shade L18 Undead - HP: 544, MP: 158 - A: Shadow, W: Fire, W: Holy - Those bodyless ghosts… They won't rest until the end [Revenant]
Skeleton Wizard L18 Undead - HP: 544, MP: 122 - A: Shadow, W: Fire, W: Holy - R: Poison/Gravity IV, R: Silence VIII - Raised casters, able to wield dark magic and nightmares [Auto-Zombie]
Gavriel frowns, adjusts his measurements, performs a few calibrations- that can't be right- but apparently it is, and he transmits this information to the rest of the party.
JayM: Given they're all at full health, just those
One of the Shades floats over to Gavriel, and puts a chilling hand on his shoulder [Chilling Touch]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 42 ( Total: 42 )
JayM rolled 1d8*0.75+36*0.75 and got 5 ( Total: 30.75 )
Also rolled 1d100 and got 8 [Total: 8 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 38.75, Avg: 6.50
JayM: 30 Physical Melee damage, Curse(4)!
The other Shade raisea a hand… A brass bell is held… And it rings, just once… [Death Bell]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 41 ( Total: 41 )
And the sound courses through Argent the chill of death. Condemn(4), Pain(4)
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jack [B]:1 Aqua [F]:3 Jnezdie [F]:3 Skeleton Wizard A [B]:3 Skeleton Wizard B [B]:3 Skeleton Wizard C [B]:3 Gavriel [B]:27 Shade B [F]:29 Shade A [F]:32
JayM: Status for Skeleton Wizard A [B] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Skeleton Wizard B [B] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Skeleton Wizard C [B] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Shade A [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Shade B [F] : [==========]
JayM: Argent!
Jnezdie: "…yeesh. Okay, you're not messin' about!"
Aqua: "They're pretty bad, yes"
Argent isn't going to go down easily-even with the death chill going through her body, she's going to go all-out-as she summons enough strength to pull out some odd Materialite flamethrower/spear hybrid from her pack [Change Weapon, 11D]
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ pulls out one of the multitude of katana form their sack-o-things, hefts it over his head, then slams it into the ground before energy burst free from the blast as it breaks. "Madam, you’re well equipped to follow my lead and tear down these foul creautres, yes?!" [32D]
Jack‘ rolled d6*1.25+140*1.25 and got 5 ( Total: 181.25 )
Aqua: "My specialty"
Aqua raises her left hand, white light gathering "Curaga!" and they settle over the skeletons
JayM rolled 1d10+150 and got 6 ( Total: 156.0 )
JayM: Jnezdie!
Gavriel glowers, glances over- "-hang in there, Argent. The monsters barely cling to life."
Jnezdie: "Okay, Ragnarok, this might tingle!" He holds Ragnarok high! [Runic, 29D]
Skeleton Wizard A shambles over to Jnezdie and in a surprisingly display, decides to throttle him instead of casting a spell
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 65 ( Total: 65 )
JayM rolled 1d8+72 and got 3 ( Total: 75.0 )
Also rolled 1d100 and got 84 [Total: 84 (High), Avg: 84.00]
Total: 159.0, Avg: 43.50
JayM: 56 Physical Melee damage!
Skeleton Wizard B waves it’s staff above it's head, and whatever it was doing grants Jnezdie 20 MP
Skeleton Wizard C points at Jack and it clatters as a mass of darkness envelops him [Dark Dreams]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 )
JayM rolled 1d12+120 and got 7 ( Total: 127.0 )
Also rolled 1d100 and got 14 [Total: 14 (Low), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 141.0, Avg: 10.50
JayM: 127 Magical Shadow damage and Sleep(4)!
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:16 Shade B [F]:18 Jnezdie [F]:21 Shade A [F]:21 Jack [B]:22 Skeleton Wizard B [B]:26 Skeleton Wizard A [B]:29 Aqua [F]:46 Skeleton Wizard C [B]:46
JayM: Status for Skeleton Wizard A [B] : [==== ]
JayM: Status for Skeleton Wizard B [B] : [==== ]
JayM: Status for Skeleton Wizard C [B] : [==== ]
JayM: Status for Shade A [F] : [==== ]
JayM: Status for Shade B [F] : [==== ]
JayM: Argent!
Argent: "…tch…fucking bastards, making me have to do this shit more." Argent curses more to herself, before starting in some sort of silent chant… [Artcall, CT10]
JayM: A silent prayer… Goes off now!
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 57 ( Total: 57 ) for 50-50, which 50 is it?
Argent: (target: Skeleton Wizard A)
A single thin red nedle of light seems to simply appear, pierching through the ground above straight through Wizard A and into the ground
Argent rolled 1d6+42 and got 3 ( Total: 45.0 ) for magic damage
JayM: Delay?
[OOC] Argent: 41D
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel gently tromps over to Jack and holds an [Alarm Clock D29] right next to his ear. "Encore, my good ser, if you would?"
Jack: "Gragah! Eh? Ah! But of course!"
JayM: Ooh, delightful alarming sound, BEst way t wake up, or worst?
Argent: Worst, if Argent's cursing at alarm clocks on a regular basis at mornings confirms anything.
Shade B floats over to Gavriel, and in a swift movement drives it's entire right arm through his chest, revealing it to be made entirely of bones. He draws the arm off of Gavriel's chest, leaving no wound
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 67 ( Total: 67 )
Gavriel feels a terrible chill, a poisonous curse through his body but- He's stronger [Cursed Bones], miss
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie: "Now, let's put some hair on that chest!" He charges towards Shade A, swiping Ragnarok left and right! [Attack, 59D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 35 ( Total: 35 ) for 95/5
Gavriel stares into where the eyes would be of whatever the hell is wearing that old black cloth, and he growls, and snaps, and bites at it. NOT. TODAY.
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+176 and got 9 ( Total: 185.0 )
A horizontal swipe- Ragnarok weights differently, heavier at the base than any other blade. The slash hits true as if you had hit solid matter
JayM: Battle order: Shade A [F]:0 Jack [B]:1 Skeleton Wizard B [B]:5 Skeleton Wizard A [B]:8 Gavriel [B]:24 Aqua [F]:25 Skeleton Wizard C [B]:25 Argent [F]:30 Shade B [F]:36 Jnezdie [F]:59
JayM: Status for Skeleton Wizard A [B] : [=== ]
JayM: Status for Skeleton Wizard B [B] : [==== ]
JayM: Status for Skeleton Wizard C [B] : [==== ]
JayM: Status for Shade A [F] : [ ]
JayM: Status for Shade B [F] : [==== ]
Shade A responds by raising up it's bell, and ringing it once [Death Bell]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 94 ( Total: 94 )
JayM: Jnezdie is stronger!
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ pulls another katan free and cracks it open! [32D]
Jack` rolled d6*1.25+140*1.25 and got 6 ( Total: 182.5 )
JayM: And that, it’s two enemies down, although the skeleton turns to ashes, the Shade remains…
Skeleton Wizard B points it's staff at Jack [Umbra Seal]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 42 ( Total: 42 )
A glowing sigil underneath him. Imperil(4)
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Aqua [F]:1 Skeleton Wizard C [B]:1 Argent [F]:6 Shade A [F]:6 Jack [B]:9 Shade B [F]:12 Skeleton Wizard B [B]:15 Jnezdie [F]:35
JayM: Status for Skeleton Wizard A [B] : [-KO-]
JayM: Status for Skeleton Wizard B [B] : [ ]
JayM: Status for Skeleton Wizard C [B] : [ ]
JayM: Status for Shade A [F] : [-KO-] Revenant(5)
JayM: Status for Shade B [F] : [ ]
JayM: Gavriel!
Aqua: "Hrm… I want to conserve my mana, can't we just try to break them down manually, they don't like like they'll hold much longer"
Gavriel fires off two shots at Wizard C. [Double Shot D49] "Got it."
Gavriel rolled 2d100 and got 78, 44 ( Total: 122 ) for it feels so weird rolling to-hit
JayM: That is one hit, kills regardless, 25 HP
Gavriel rolled d8+58 and got 8 ( Total: 66.0 ) for ranged piercing physical, 55 CoS Blind (4)
d100: 15 [Total: 15 (Low), Avg: 15.00]
Total: 81.0, Avg: 11.50
Gavriel: "…hn. As I thought, barely clinging to life."
Aqua nods at Gavriel, and dashes forward, right hand extending the rapier in front of her, she moves with grace, fenting to right and left before landing a direct, accurate strike on Shade A [Featherblow]
JayM rolled 1d8+135 and got 2 ( Total: 137.0 )
She pins the Shade to the wall and jumps back
JayM: Argent!
Jnezdie: "Good hit!"
Argent looks absolutely pissed-what the HELL is going on?! Why can't she move?! To be rendered thus by a damned undead shade…to be forced to be completely reliant on others…it's degrading…absolutely humiliating! [Wait, 16D]
JayM: Jack, finish him
JayM: Or tham, rather
Jack‘ hits it with his dagger! {29D]
Jack` rolled 1d100 and got 35 ( Total: 35 )
Jack` rolled d8*.75+42*.75 and got 6 ( Total: 36.0 )
JayM: Jack’s first and maybe last kill with the dagger!
The last skeleton falling, the dark magics which bind the Shades fall, and every single sound is suddenly gone… Or perhaps it is merely the true silence of the dead
JayM: Victory!
JayM rolled 5d100 and got 84, 63, 39, 49, 50 ( Total: 285 )
JayM: Eye Drops, Holy WateR!
[OOC] JayM: +10 AP/+3375 XP/+2700 Gil]!
Argent: "kgggggghhh-" Argent looks absolutely pissed at this rate, clenching the hybrid flamethrower-spear weapon tightly and kicking a fallen skeleton out of the way. "Let's just go. Now."
Jnezdie: "There ya' go!" He sighs gently.
Below your feet, white sigils start to glow, and emanate a warm wind upwards… It's refreshing, although weak, a spell of recovery, although eerily resemblant of Jack's song of recovery
Gavriel: "Can't go until we find the mage who's disrupted the sleep of the dead. To desecrate something like this place… ngh."
Jack: "…That's odd."
Jnezdie: "O'course, this job isn't done until the necromancer's knocked down and out."
Jnezdie: "…oh, you didn't do that, Jack?"
Jnezdie: "I mean, no sweet tunes shoulda' tipped me off, but."
Aqua takes a deep breath "Yeah-" she startles, suddenly, looking around not just startled but veritably scared. Sarah returns from her hiding place "What is, Jack?" Aqua scream at Sarah
Aqua: "Y-y-y-you don't- You don't have an aura!"
JayM: Well, if she wasn't afraid of undead she seems to be of her for some reason
Sarah: "W-what?"
Argent: "I meant just that. We should stop waiting and just-KKKGGGHHH" Argent covers her ears at the scream
Aqua: "Wait- Wait, no… I must have hit my head or something in the fight, it's there… (Wasn't a moment ago…)"
Jnezdie: "'s alright, 's alright."
Jack: "Oh, don't worry much about it. The Maiden's a bit of an odd bird. But, no! There's some magic here, that's more like… well, bard songs than a spell. it's terribly strange."
Jnezdie: "But that scream prrrrrrrrrrobably told everyone else in the crypt that we were here, yeah? Aside from the collapsin' stairway."
Sarah takes a moment to recompose herself "Hum… This is actually an ancient spell that's been cast on this place!"
[OOC] JayM: God
[OOC] JayM: That was meant to be Aqua
[OOC] JayM: Not used to having two NPCs
Argent: "Stealth doesn't matter too much with those damn things anyway." Argent comments.
Aqua: "Actually one of the oldest spells known, very, very unobstrusive and fragile in itself, it's meant so that the bodies, well, are kept decently preserved, so it isn't unhealthy to come pay your respects to the crypts"
Jack: "Hmmm. It doesn't /feel/ like a spell, though."
Jnezdie: "I'm not really a crypt-goer myself."
Jnezdie: "Y'know… who did you say you were with, Aqua?"
Jack: "Ah, well. Ancient magic always is strange and I confess I'm not terribly familiar with it."
Aqua: "I know, right?" she says, kneeling down "It's interesting…"
Jnezdie: "As brave as I think you are cute, I doubt this is simply what you do as a hobby."
Aqua: "I work for… The palace guard"
Gavriel: "It's a real shame the kingdoms aren't at peace. There could be a brisk trade in embalming chemicals."
Argent eyerolls…before eyeing Aqua distrustfully
A thing sparks in your mind- She's familiar for a reason- That waitress, in the outpost?
JayM: So cute, SPECIALLY adept at not letting you see her face- Yup
JayM: That was Aqua
JayM: That she fooled even your innate ability for this long, her disguise was incredible
Jnezdie: "…ah ha."
Jnezdie grins widely.
Aqua: "It is. There's much we could learn together but the goddesses know there are reasons"
Aqua: "(Good ones, I keep hoping…)"
Argent: "…Well, are we going to hunt down that necromancer or not?"
Jack: "Not particularly good ones! No one likes a war story that last forever."
Aqua: "Well! Anyway, hum… Since without those undead the spell here is recovered, one of the elevators SHOULD be working again, I don't think the necromancer is here…"
Argent: "Right then."
Argent: "West it is, then?"
JayM: It is, in fact, not here. There isn't actually much horizontal space to look around, takes at most a few steps, this is very… Vertical. A wonder this area haven't breached into the ruins yet
Nearby you find this particular glowing glyph that Aqua steps on "Over here" she waves. And after everyone is in, she says a word you can't hear, and the glyph starts to float, with you in it!
Argent: "…tch…"
Argent is distrustful of the elevator in question herself, looking ready to jump off at a moment's notice
Jnezdie 's grin hasn't vanished as they make their way up. "Handy!"
It floats upwards, slowly, following the wall… It seems like it would stop at any grave, should the one who rides it desires, this explains the single staircase. When you finally reach the top (Aqua stops for a moment at an unnamed grave) you look ahead- It takes a somewhat long hop, apparently part of the landing of this elevator also collapsed with the stairs, but it's an easily
JayM: surmountable obstacle
Argent jumps over the gap where the landing used to be with little issue
Gavriel eartwitches. …it requires less infrastructure, and it's reasonably efficient, he presumes. Doesn't mean he's crazy about it.
And you finally head west, towards the portion of the tomb designed for the royalty… It's a completely different sight to behold, as you enter that area you see, first and foremost, a very brilliant ward that blocks your path, though through it you can see a thoroughly decorated corridor made of violet crystal, which extends forward more, but youcannot see through the ward too far
Jack‘ scratches at the side of his face as he quietly takes in all the sites.
Aqua goes over to the ward, puts a hand over it, and mutters a word, it glows somewhat dimmer "Hum… I hate those skill locks… Past here, the royal crypts are are set in rooms, built in the same crystal as the city itself"
Argent: "…Clearly, they wanted to keep people well out of these."
Aqua: "It’s a maze of corridors that slowly arc downwards, full of rooms where the coffins themselves are"
Argent: "Because we haven't had enough of mazes for one lifetime." Argent adds sarcastically
Aqua: "But at each step there will be 'skill lock' wards. Even though I do have permission to be here, what alleviates the problem, the wards need to be forced open too regardless. My permission just makes it easier, and so that they don't immediately reseal behind us"
Aqua: "So, i'm going to need some help, I can't do this myself in this state"
JayM: This will be a Navigation/Magic Lore [TN 5] check
Jnezdie nods and cracks his knuckles. "Okay. I've got my own sense o' these things, I'll help ya'!" [Lucky: Scholastic][Aptitude: Wilderness]
Gavriel is good at mazes; not so much at mystical bullshit. [Apt: Wilderness]
Argent: "…tch, this should be a cinch." Argent seems to not only help in the navigation department, but she seems to have a bit of an instinctual knack for the wards somehow. [Lucky: Wilderness] [Finesse: Magic Lore]
Jnezdie: "(See, Rags, the key to fiddlin' with magical seals and runes and such starts out at the fingertips- well, it's your soul, but it helps to focus…"
Within Ragnarok, some odd movement of gears
Jack fiddles with magic stuff too! [Aptitude][Trick]
Jnezdie rolled 2d6 and got 3, 2 ( Total: 5 ) for tn5 finesse, trick; apt x3
Also rolled 2d8 and got 1, 7 [Total: 8 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Also rolled 3#1d8+1(1) and got 6 [Total: 7.0 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 3#1d8+1(2) and got 6 [Total: 7.0 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 3#1d8+1(3) and got 8 [Total: 9.0 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 2d8 and got 2, 8 [Total: 10 (Avg), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 46.0, Avg: 4.78
It is… Not as confusing as it seems to be at first! The wards are made of powerful magic, magic which is not sources here, but outside, at the very crystal and you can't track it, but they break open, and let you pass. The graves are beautiful, ostentative, gorgeous beyond what a grave needs to be, although here and there you see the violet crystal of the walls encroaching on the
JayM: tombstones, the decorations… Except Jnezdie of all people can't notice those small details, an absolute oversight on his part
As you head on further down, the glow that comes from the wall itself darkens, it takes a while to get used to how the layout of this place is but it's not as mazelike as it seems, it has a lot of bends which makes it look mazelike, but it isn't at all. Further down you end up into what can… Only be described as a church, in basically pristine condition
Argent: "(…As nice as these things look, you wonder why they'd put that much effort into something for dead royalty.)" Argent asides to Gavriel
Jnezdie nods appreciably at the church. "Wow. They really went all out. But, I mean, that's royalty for you."
Jnezdie: "Wonder what they've got muraled on the walls in there."
There is something else down there, however. Floating in front of you, skeletons, but unlike those before, they wear the upper half of armor, and they do not have the lower halves, they're like the skeletons of giants. They hold a gigantic dark blade in hand, and the most disturbing part… A person- Still living and breathing, is chained to the open ribs of the skeleton, a light red mist
JayM: filling the spaces between (you know that particular crimson glow, Jnezdie).
JayM: The worst part? There's at least thirty of those things here
Argent: "Oh for the love of…"
Jnezdie: "…and I don't recall Ethereal royalty being so… huge."
And far behind, across the whole room, a Tarutaru "Ahahaha! Whataru do we have, invaders who have not yet left!"
Argent: "…Dibs on punting him."
Tarutaru: "Offerings to come? Ohohoho, oh yes, invaders of the homeland, reason why I raise an army so grand!"
JayM: He says that as soon as he stares at Gavriel
Jnezdie calls back. "Just came to see if my old man has put himself away yet! But I see I ought to find a different burial plot!"
Argent looks across the room, taking advantage of the exchange to see if there's any decent paths across the field of giant skeletons
Aqua: "In the name of the royal guard, you are under arrest!"
JayM: You kidding, Argent? They form a veritable wall
Gavriel narrows his eyes and stares back. "Think about what you're doing. We aren't invading, and you are desecrating the graves of your ancestors."
Argent: Any features that could be used to get over that wall? …or would those gaps between their legs look prime for an opportunity to get in and strike
Tarutaru: "Ohoho, arrest, you say! Nay, nay! You understand little, know even less! With this army tireless, I will tear down our foes!"
JayM: Well, Argent- If you were really, really nimble… But if you fail, you're going smack in the middle of all of them
Jack‘ frowns. "Using a living person to fuel the undead sort of defeats the purpose of using undead int he first place, doesn’t it?"
Tarutaru: "With my soldiers, our army will be matchless! A veritable wave of soldiers tireless! The darkness of the long gone, and the light of the still-living, the strenghts of both, the weakness of none!"
Tarutaru: "Attack, my creations, attacks!"
Aqua goes "tch" and takes a few steps back- They are far too many to fight at once, but you do have the nice bottleneck of the corridor
Argent eyerolls. "Here we go, huh?" turning on the burner on the spear before following Aqua's lead and falling back to the corridor's bottleneck
Jnezdie hops back to the bottleneck! "This is gonna be tight, but the price is right!"
Jack: "Bah! You label yourself a villian to refusing to acknowledge this flaw! And so shall you be defeated!"
JayM: Begin the battle!
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Argent [F]:2 Jack [B]:3 Aqua [F]:5 Jnezdie [F]:5 Skeleton Hostage A [F]:6 Skeleton Hostage B [F]:6 Skeleton Hostage C [F]:6
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage A [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage B [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage C [F] : [==========]
Argent: "…Honestly, I don't -care- about all of this theatrical bullshit. I just think you're especially puntable now." Argent comments.
JayM: Thankfully the path is small, so only three at time since they're large, but there are ten waves of them!
Gavriel shakes his head. He's worse than a madman- and that's where they come in. He focuses his gun on the first three- there's got to be some kind of easily-exploitable weakness! [Wide Scan D29, hail mary.]
[OOC] Argent: [F] HP: 980/980 | MP: 175/175 | Limit: 33/300 | SoS: 245 | Normal
Skeleton Hostage L20 Undead - HP: 2000, MP: 230 - A: Shadow, W: Holy - Not fully suffused with the curse of undeath, and not fully vulnerable to the measures against them. Knows how to coordinate attacks [Ravage]
JayM: Right also, they are Hard Mooks
JayM: Argent!
JayM: Also Argent, i'm more or less ready
Argent: "Gimme a break." Argent comments, thrusting rapidly with the burner'd spear at the nearest Skeleton Hostage [Pummel, 51D]
Argent rolled 2#d100(1) and got 71 ( Total: 71 )
Also rolled 2#d100(2) and got 46 [Total: 46 (Low), Avg: 46.00]
Total: 117, Avg: 58.50
Argent rolled 2#1d12+130(1) and got 11 ( Total: 141.0 ) for physical melee damage
Also rolled 2#1d12+130(2) and got 11 [Total: 141.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 282.0, Avg: 11.00
[OOC] Argent: nvm, that's one hit. 141 damage
JayM: Two powerful hits!
[OOC] Argent: derp
Gavriel: "…hnn. Sarah. I'm not sure we'll be able to hold the line against all ten waves."
JayM: Jack!
Sarah: "… Maybe.."
Aqua: "Don't worry… If you don't think you can handle I… I got a trick up my sleeve"
Jack‘ starts things off with a rousing melody! [38D] [Haste 4]
Jnezdie: "I’ve got an idea. O'course, anyone buried around here won't be happy about it."
Jnezdie: "But they're, y'know, dead, and this guy is already messin' with 'em…"
Gavriel: "We'll hold out as long as we can."
JayM: Hastes!
Jnezdie: "Look, just follow my lead, yeah?"
Aqua: "What are you planning?"
Jnezdie: "Lettin' the ground swallow them back to where they came."
Jnezdie: "Doesn't actually require anyone else, but I appreciate the help, yeah?"
JayM: Okay, done eating, time to parse results
JayM: Jnezdie!
JayM: And then Aqua
Jnezdie: "Okay Ragnarok, now brace yourself!" He plunges Ragnarok into the ground, and pulls fiercely to the side- a massive fissure opens up in the bottleneck! The sound of rushing water can be heard… [CT 10]
Aqua looks at Jnezdie, and raises a hand "Wall!"
JayM: Protect/Shell(5)!
Skeleton Hostage A glows a brighter red, and the person encased on it screams. Brave(5)! [Draw Power]
Skelton Hostage B slams it's blade heavily on the ground, shaking the very foundations of the earth [Giant Slam]
JayM rolled 5d100 and got 18, 92, 42, 20, 64 ( Total: 236 )
JayM: Everyone but Jack
JayM rolled 1d12+210 and got 4 ( Total: 214.0 )
JayM: 214 Physical Ranged damage!
Skeleton Hostage C drives it's blade in the ground, and a spiralling drill of dark energy appears beneath Argent [Drill Blade]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 )
JayM rolled 1d12+294 and got 1 ( Total: 295.0 )
Also rolled 1d100 and got 28 [Total: 28 (Low), Avg: 28.00]
Total: 323.0, Avg: 14.50
JayM: 295 Physical Mele damage, Deprotect(4)
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 68 ( Total: 68 )
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:14 Aqua [F]:22 Jack [B]:26 Skeleton Hostage B [F]:26 Argent [F]:38 Skeleton Hostage C [F]:51 Skeleton Hostage A [F]:56
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage A [F] : [========= ]
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage B [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage C [F] : [==========]
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie points to the Skeleton Hostages. [Samakah Cataract, 36D]
JayM: Forgot the Brave on A
Jnezdie rolled 3d100 and got 7, 55, 98 ( Total: 160 ) for a/b/c CoS 45 eject
JayM: Are you really going to swallow skeleton and hostage alike?
JayM: It does not matters
[OOC] Jnezdie: What, can I separate the two?
[OOC] Argent: [F] HP: 443/980 | MP: 175/175 | Limit: 59/300 | SoS: 245 | Deprotect (4)
[OOC] Jnezdie: I mean, I'm willing to lunge for the fissure
JayM: You can try to hit skeleton without hostage for a -20 CoS penalty- But you have Ragnarok
JayM: So that doesn't applies to you
[OOC] Jnezdie: heck no I am saving those hostages if I can
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 648/920, MP: 76/155, LP: 180/300, SoS: 230 - Haste (4)
[OOC] Argent: ah, crap, forgot haste
[OOC] Argent: [F] HP: 443/980 | MP: 175/175 | Limit: 59/300 | SoS: 245 | Deprotect (4), Haste (4)
Jnezdie sprints forward as water rushes to push Skeleton Hostage A towards the fissure! He leaps for the binds and swings at them with Ragnarok, battling the rapids!
The wave of water draws the first skeleton into the fissure- Suddenly the blade moves on it's own, for a moment you see, a wave of air coming from the blade itself, moving it, it straightens itself and draws you forward- A lunging strike- A moment before the hostage is drawn in with the skeleton, severing hte connection. You're left to handle the rest of the movement other than that
JayM: split-second.
JayM: It leaves you a little bit unbalanced, but you manage to take thehostage away from the danger zone
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Aqua [F]:8 Jack [B]:12 Skeleton Hostage B [F]:12 Jnezdie [F]:22 Argent [F]:24 Skeleton Hostage C [F]:37
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage B [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage C [F] : [==========]
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel puts the bullets to the Skeleton part of Skeleton Hostage B! [Double Shot]
Jnezdie rolled 2#1d8+117(1) and got 8 ( Total: 125.0 ) for 55 cos Blind
Also rolled 2#1d8+117(2) and got 3 [Total: 120.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 2d100 and got 90, 9 [Total: 99 (Low), Avg: 49.50]
Total: 344.0, Avg: 27.50
JayM: A blind skeleton, how cute
Jnezdie: "Hey, Rags, you got the right idea of things! 'Protect the innocent!' I didn't even need to tell ya' that one."
Jnezdie: "Next is- 'punish the wicked!'"
Argent eyerolls. "Then is 'stop being so damn theatrical about everything'."
Jack: "Argent, please be serious when the lives of others are at stake!"
Aqua looks at the party, and raises an eyebrow at Jnezdie talking to his weapon that is- Strange. But she's not one to say. She runs towards Skeleton Hostage, jumps right, left, and swings her blade trying to hit only the skeleton.
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 51 ( Total: 51 )
She delivers a piercing stright at the skull, and wather gathers around her left fist "Let's try this… Hydro Impact!" she punches right the bones sending it flying backwards [Rush]
Argent eyerolls. "Get back to me on what's 'serious'."
JayM rolled 1d10+180 and got 6 ( Total: 186.0 )
[OOC] JayM: That was C
Gavriel: "…there is nothing about either of those sentiments that is not good and worthy, Argent. That they're expressed with enthusiasm doesn't change a thing."
JayM: What was Gav's delay?
[OOC] Jnezdie: oh ffffff
[OOC] Gavriel: I got it
[OOC] Gavriel: D40
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Skeleton Hostage B [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:10 Argent [F]:12 Skeleton Hostage C [B]:25 Gavriel [B]:28 Aqua [F]:39
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage B [F] : [========= ] Blind(4)
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage C [B] : [==========]
JayM: Jack!
Argent: "Okay, the hell have you been smoking, Gavriel?"
Gavriel whirls on Argent. "Do you disagree that protection of the innocent and punishment of the wicked are worthy causes?"
Jack‘ shakes his head, "With as much as you rely on us, Argent, you certianly are quick to look down on anythign we say or do." he waves a hand voer the wooden box on his neck, then slams down hard on a power chord as he starts in on the knight’s minne! [38D] [Protect (4)]
JayM: A beautiful protection song!
Skeleton Hostage B puts that song to test, and slices at Jack [Slash]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 52 ( Total: 52 )
JayM rolled 1d12*0.5+210*0.5 and got 4 ( Total: 107.0 )
JayM: 107 Physical Melee damage!
JayM: Jnezdie!
Argent: "I disagree that you're -agreeing with their outlook-." And with that, Argent snarls at Jack before deciding it's time to experiment with cooking some more. Perhaps ask Sarah how close they are to getting that stuff she recommended before
Jnezdie is surprisingly unflustered. "And somethin' that I'm really taking to heart, Ragnarok, and probably one of the most important…"
Jnezdie: "Is 'be excellent to everyone.'"
Jnezdie: "Now, let's go!"
JayM: … Wait a moment
JayM: That did not hit Jack
JayM: B's blinded
Jnezdie raises Ragnarok high, and the blade is filled with a glowing power! [Flare Sword, 28D]
The power is drawn into the blade, extending from the sides of the hilt what can only be explained as some some of thruster, the powerful sound of the engines revving up
JayM: Argent!
Argent: "kgh, screw it, this crap can be discussed -later-." Argent snarls, increasingly pissed off before rearing back…and then moving to leap up and grab the neck of Skeleton Hostage C [Scourge, 41D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 23 ( Total: 23 )
JayM: That will hurt
JayM: That one's in the back row, however
Argent: …right before slamming the skeleton down ONTO her spear.
Argent rolled 1d12*.75+390*.75 and got 8 ( Total: 298.5 )
JayM: That was respectful
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 24 ( Total: 24 )
Exactly when Argent slams it on the spear, suddenly the other skeleton is behind her, before she can react it brings it's dark blade down on her, while the other one swings it's dark blade around, and both blades connect against her at the same time [Twinblade Feint]
JayM rolled 1d12+210 and got 10 ( Total: 220.0 )
JayM: 220 Physical Melee damage, remaining HP halved!
Skeleton Hostage C uses [Draw Power]
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Jack [B]:10 Jnezdie [F]:10 Aqua [F]:11 Argent [F]:25 Skeleton Hostage B [F]:27 Skeleton Hostage C [B]:32
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage B [F] : [========= ] Blind(3)
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage C [B] : [======== ] Brave(3)
JayM: Gavriel!
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 704/880, MP: 183/220, LP: 200/300, SoS: 220 - Haste (2),Protect (3),Shell (3),Flare Sword (6)
[OOC] Argent: [F] HP: ! 167/980 ! | MP: 175/175 | Limit: 65/300 | SoS: 245 | Protect (3), Haste (3)
Gavriel fires another [Double Shot D40] on Skeleton C!
Gavriel rolled 2#d8+58(1) and got 5 ( Total: 63.0 ) for 55 CoS Blind (4)
Also rolled 2#d8+58(2) and got 5 [Total: 63.0 (High), Avg: 5.00]
JayM: Strike/strike
Also rolled 2d100 and got 97, 44 [Total: 141 (High), Avg: 70.50]
Total: 267.0, Avg: 37.75
JayM: Blind!
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ segues into the song of life, still whailing away on his lute! [38D]
Jack` rolled 5d10*1.25+112*1.25 and got 9, 3, 6, 3, 1 ( Total: 167.5 )
[OOC] Argent: [F] HP: 334/980 | MP: 175/175 | Limit: 65/300 | SoS: 245 | Protect (3), Haste (3)
JayM: Healing!
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie: "Hey Aqua, can you keep on givin’ Argent a hand, there?"
Jnezdie: "I'll help keep 'em busy!"
Aqua nods "Alright!
Jnezdie rushes towards Skeleton Hostage B, Ragnarok humming loud, and strikes! [Attack, 48D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for 95/5
JayM: Well, now
JayM: Have a powerful strike
Jnezdie rolled 3d10*2+264*2 and got 3, 6, 9 ( Total: 564.0 )
A strike of pure perfection- Did you feel Ragnarok leaning on your hand? What could that mean
Aqua points a hand at Argent "Cure!"
JayM rolled 1d12+180 and got 1 ( Total: 181.0 )
JayM: Heals for Argent!
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Skeleton Hostage B [F]:2 Skeleton Hostage C [B]:7 Gavriel [B]:15 Aqua [F]:22 Jack [B]:23 Jnezdie [F]:33
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage B [F] : [====== ] Blind(3)
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage C [B] : [======== ] Brave(3) Blind(4)
JayM: Argent!
Argent: "Kgh…BRING IT ON!" Argent, pumped up from the adrenaline and…ton of healing…rushes for Hostage B at this rate, moving to trip it with her spear as it starts to move. [Scourge, 41D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 43 ( Total: 43 )
Argent: …and as it falls, moves under to whack the skeleton in the back of the head…
Argent rolled 1d12+390 and got 8 ( Total: 398.0 )
JayM: A powrful combination
JayM: Battle order: Skeleton Hostage B [F]:0 Skeleton Hostage C [B]:5 Gavriel [B]:13 Aqua [F]:20 Jack [B]:21 Jnezdie [F]:31 Argent [F]:39
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage B [F] : [==== ] Blind(3)
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage C [B] : [======== ] Brave(3) Blind(4)
Skeleton Hostage B moves beside C, then proceeds to [Drill Blade] Argent and then C continues to [Ravage -> Slash] her!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 62 ( Total: 62 )
JayM: That misses
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 41 ( Total: 41 )
JayM: Yep, that misses
[OOC] Jack: you're misusing ravage anyways
JayM: Isn't it good to blind people?
Argent dodges the first attack, before turning aside the second with her spear
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Aqua [F]:7 Jack [B]:8 Jnezdie [F]:18 Argent [F]:26 Skeleton Hostage B [F]:52 Skeleton Hostage C [B]:52
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage B [F] : [==== ] Blind(2)
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage C [B] : [======== ] Brave(2) Blind(3)
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel nods in satisfaction before peering at Hostage C and dumping some powders and poisons into various spots on his gun! [CT 10]
Aqua: "Anyone still in bad state?"
Jnezdie: "I'm doin' fine!"
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 871/880, MP: 183/220, LP: 200/300, SoS: 220 - Haste (1),Protect (2),Shell (2),Flare Sword (5)
[OOC] Argent: [F] HP: 514/980 | MP: 175/175 | Limit: 71/300 | SoS: 245 | Protect (3), Haste (3)
Argent doesn't respond, though the aggression of her attacks might indicate a "no" .
Argent raises a hand and waves as a shield of light forms on Argnt "Solace!"
[OOC] JayM: … I'm so bad at this
JayM rolled 1d10+150 and got 4 ( Total: 154.0 ) for -25% to next incoming damage
JayM: HEals!
JayM: Jack!
Jack gives you the power of ROCK though his lute! [Valor Minute, 38D] [Brave (4)]
JayM: Gavriel!
[OOC] Argent: [F] HP: 668/980 | MP: 175/175 | Limit: 71/300 | SoS: 245 | Protect (2), Haste (2), Brave (4)
Gavriel fires upon Hostage C! [Vitals Shot D49]
Gavriel rolled d8*1.25+117*1.25 and got 2 ( Total: 148.75 ) for 55 CoS Blind refresh, status, vitals shot status
Also rolled 1d100 and got 61 [Total: 61 (High), Avg: 61.00]
Also rolled 1d6 and got 6 [Total: 6 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 1d100 and got 50 [Total: 50 (Low), Avg: 50.00]
Total: 265.75, Avg: 29.75
[OOC] Gavriel: Poison (4)
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie rushes over to Skeleton Hostage B, hacking away at its side with Ragnarok in both hands! [Attack, 48D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 52 ( Total: 52 ) for 95/5
Jnezdie rolled 3d10*1.25+264*1.25 and got 8, 10, 7 ( Total: 361.25 )
The sound of the engine on Ragnarok as it delivers a powered strike
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jack [B]:20 Aqua [F]:25 Skeleton Hostage B [F]:26 Skeleton Hostage C [B]:26 Gavriel [B]:33 Jnezdie [F]:40
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage B [F] : [== ] Blind(2)
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage C [B] : [======== ] Brave(2) Blind(3) Poison(4)
JayM: Argent!
Argent keeps up the focused offense on the skeletons, letting loose with another flurry of strikes on Hostage B [Pummel, 41D]
Argent rolled 2#d100(1) and got 85 ( Total: 85 )
Also rolled 2#d100(2) and got 42 [Total: 42 (Low), Avg: 42.00]
Total: 127, Avg: 63.50
JayM: Twinstrike!
JayM: Except one miss
Argent rolled 1d12+130 and got 2 ( Total: 132.0 )
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ moves back into the rousing melody! [38D] [Haste 4]
JayM: Speeds for all
Aqua thinks for a moment, and points a hand at Jack "Return should darkness take you. Reraise!" [Auto-Life]
Skeleton Hostage B decides to attack just everyone [Giant Slam]
JayM rolled 5d100 and got 37, 11, 73, 74, 77 ( Total: 272 )
JayM: Hits only Jack!
JayM rolled 1d12+210 and got 11 ( Total: 221.0 )
Argent sees the attack coming this time, and leaps over it
JayM: 165 Physical Ranged damage!
Skeleton Hostage C then proceeds to perform the exact same move [Giant Slam]
JayM rolled 5d100 and got 89, 57, 37, 32, 93 ( Total: 308 )
JayM rolled 1d12+210 and got 1 ( Total: 211.0 ) for Brave, Ranged, Physical
[OOC] JayM: You got protect so should cancel out
JayM: 211 Physical Melee damage!
[OOC] Jack: to…?
[OOC] Argent: …yeah, who’d that hit?
JayM: Oh-
JayM: Gavriel and Jnezdie
JayM: My bad, gomen
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Jnezdie [F]:7 Argent [F]:8 Aqua [F]:22 Jack [B]:25 Skeleton Hostage B [F]:58 Skeleton Hostage C [B]:58
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage B [F] : [== ] Blind(1)
JayM: Status for Skeleton Hostage C [B] : [======== ] Brave(1) Blind(2) Poison(3)
JayM: Gavriel!
JayM: Also Ranged not Melee, wtf
Gavriel narrows his eyes and tries to end the Skeleton part of Skeleton Hostage B. [Full Assault D40]
[OOC] Gavriel: *eye
Gavriel rolled d8*1.25+234*1.25 and got 6 ( Total: 300.0 )
JayM: This could be the finishing strike-
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 58 ( Total: 58 ) for 55 CoS Blind also fwiw
JayM: I was going to give you reduced accuracy not to also hit the hostage
JayM: But- Since you actually rolled EXACTLY as much HP as it had
JayM: I'll count that as 'on the spot'
A precision strike, takes down the head of the skeleton, and it collapses
Various other skeletons loom in the back
JayM: Jnezdie!
[OOC] Jnezdie: C is the only one left in this wave right )0
JayM: YEs
[OOC] Argent: Right
Gavriel growls. "One more left… and then an entire damned army after that. Hn."
Your hear thunder
Gavriel will growl that when he snaps out of being dazed by his own strike, that is.
Argent: "Seems like we'll be at these bastards for a whi-the FUCK?!"
(It's to clear, Jnezdie, the thunder is indoors)
Jnezdie switches targets and lets his momentum carry him to Skeleton Hostage C, striking it! [Attack, 48D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 62 ( Total: 62 ) for 95/5
JayM: Strike!
Jnezdie rolled 3d10*1.25+264*1.25 and got 8, 2, 4 ( Total: 347.5 )
JayM: Argent!
Argent is a bit shaken by the sound of indoor thunder, but then presses the momentum, rapid-fire spearing Skeleton Hostage C now [Pummel, 41D]
Argent rolled 2#d100(1) and got 23 ( Total: 23 )
Also rolled 2#d100(2) and got 98 [Total: 98 (High), Avg: 98.00]
Total: 121, Avg: 60.50
JayM: One hit!
Jack: "Hmmm good thing we're inside."
Jnezdie: "Now then, who's causin' all the ruckus? Other than us and the deadlover?"
Argent rolled 1d12+130 and got 11 ( Total: 141.0 )
[OOC] Argent: er, wait
JayM: Damage?
Argent rolled 1d12*1.25+130*1.25 and got 9 ( Total: 173.75 )
JayM: Damage!
[OOC] Argent: There's the right value
About now the sound of thunder gets louder and louder- And clearer, and clearer. It's just thunder, but crackling electricity, a yellow glow from behind you
Man: "SISTER! What are you doing here?"
It's a stern voice, strong (But not unkind, worried as hell), that says that. Behind you a human, wearing elaborate golden robes, light green eyes, just a centimeter higher than Aqua, blond hair, down to his waist "What are you doing?!"
Aqua: "A-ah, brother I had to-"
Argent: "…You want answers, take care of these undead first."
Argent thumbs over to the wall of skeletons
The man lets her stutter as he walks past the party, scowling at you "I feel ashamed you get to see us mages at our worst here" he raises his right hand above him, lightning coursing from it to the walls "What are you waiting for, Joy?"
Jnezdie: "Aw, don't feel so bad. If I don't see the worst, then I can't get rid of the evils of the world, can I?"
Aqua: "A-alright! Paradigm Shift!" a strange, intricate formation of water appears around her, like gears and yet like runes too. They move, like gears clicking into position once, and there's a harmless blast of water around her, she runs right beside the man "D-dal, you're sure this is going to work?"
The man closes his eyes as Aqua summons a watery bubble around them both "It always does" he looks at the necromancer across the room "You've caused enough damage to our people and our name, begone… I AM LIGHTNING!" with that the lightning coalesces into his arm, his right fist seems to turn into pure lightning
Sarah: "W-wait you aren't- Alexander's armor, EVERYONE GET DOWN!"
Argent: "FUCK" Argent hits the floor
Gavriel shrugs. He's not about to let one mad necromancer tarnish his opinion of magic any further than it already is- or convince him to hate all Ethereals for the transgression of one in particular. Besides, he's too busy ducking!
Jnezdie: "Oh dang! Rags, look close, but stay close!" He hits the deck!
The man swipes his arm once- The lighning that erupts is deafening, so powerful unlike anything you ever saw before- No, Jack and Jnezdie saw it once, the lightning that coursed from heavens that ONE time that one haywire experiment almost caused the destruction of Transcient Town
JayM: And in a flash it's gone
Jack‘ raises an eyebrow.
JayM: And in front of you it’s the… Strangest scene. It struck with ultmost precision, missed every hostage, struck down every skeleton, and wrapped in an arc around the necromancer, who is paralyzed, terrified- Lightning which caused so much damage, it tore apart space itself- Have you ever seen a spatial tear? Something which is just barely in the reach of your senses?
Gavriel blinks repeatedly, and rubs at an eye. What in the…?
Argent can tell there's something REALLY wrong here
Jnezdie staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares. Okay, he never saw -that- in TT…
Jack: "Well. That's certainly going to require some elaborate pyrotechniques."
Argent: but nonetheless… "…right! Now's our chance!" Argent tries to stand
The man turns around to the party, the lightning subsiding, his fist returning to normal. It's visible, that took a terrible strain in his body. Aqua looks equally strained, he looks at her "Are you alright, Joyeuse?"
Joyeuse: "I-i'm alright, Dal…"
He looks at the party "I am Durandal Erlestinne Razelse, Prince of the Ethereal Kingdom"
Jack: "Ahah!"
Argent is ready to move in and strike down the necromancer where he stands-nonlethal, mind you-barring inability to avoid the spatial tear.
JayM: You don't want to risk it, Argent, it's pretty unsafe
Gavriel: "…stand down, Argent. They've got things under control."
Durandal: "I am known as the Fiend of Lightning to my foes, and you have invaded my homeland"
Jack‘ gives a flourished bow, "I am Jack, but right now I am also required to check on these newly released people." Jack nods, then goes to do just that!
Argent: "…kggggggggggghhhh…" Argent growls.
Jnezdie pushes himself up off the ground. Dusts himself off. Puts Ragnarok in his off hand. "Hey there. I’m Jnezdie! Thanks for the assist." He extends a friendly hand!
Jnezdie thinks for a second because, really, he's ambidextrous, but- screw it, right hand forward.
Durandal stares right at Gavriel "Joy…" he mutters to his sister, she goes off to help Jack, she looks desperate, however
Argent: "You're right," Argent stares down Durandal. "Were these circumstances any different, we'd be fighting one another on the spot."
Durandal: "I am required to take you into custody right now"
Durandal: "Come quietly"
Joyeuse: "Dal! They helped me here!"
Jack: "Argent, you woudl do us all well to let those of us whom know how to communicate with others do the speaking."
Durandal: "We can't afford an invader, no matter how kind"
Joyeuse: "Please!"
Jnezdie looks between the two of them as they speak, hand still outstretched.
Durandal: "This is proof of the Outsider's intentions, we have yet to reach an agreement and their agent is still here, together with one of the Material assassins"
Gavriel glances at Durandal and Joyeuse. Such… -control-. He wasn't aware that was even possible, with magic, and he's a bit taken aback- "We come under neutral allegiance, ser, and we mean you and your people no harm." Where the hell is Sarah!?
Argent eyerolls. "Yes, because I must be seen and not heard." Argent eyerolls.
Sarah is right behind you, kind of clinging
Joyeuse: "I-th-they're-THEY'RE NOT INVADERS!"
Durandal: "… Do you have a plan?"
Joyeuse: "I-I-i-i do!"
Jack: "Lately, Argent, I'd prefer you were not seen either." Jakc glances over his shoulder at the prince as he props up one of the hostages.If you plan on detaining us, do so after these people have been looked over to make certain there is no lasting danger. "
Durandal: "… I hope you do"
Argent: "Tch. I will remain with this group as long as my contract with Sarah remains, and not one second sooner."
Joyeuse is… She's flustered, she looks at Jack "D-don't worry, they shouldn't have been hit by my brother's strike…" she turns to the hostages "Execution Analyze!" that's a pretty unique modified Scan spell there, Jack "Hrm… C-can you give me a hand with your angel song, Jack? Just a little, should be enough to kickstart my healing magic, i'm tired…"
Gavriel takes a slow, deep breath, showing his palms, unarmed, unthreatening. He cannot deny who he is or what he has done in the past under the Material flag, and it'd be pointless to try - the best he can do is simply be honest about his intentions at present.
Durandal just remains impassive… Gavriel knows that impassive gesture, of a powerful man who cando nothing with his power
Durandal looks at Jnezdie "I am no friend of your, I cannot afford that risk"
Jack: "I am not so worried about your brother as I am the sachles they were bound to which was showing obvious signs of energy drain." Jack lets out a sigh, before sitting down cross legged and swinging his lute aroudn, then begins to play softly.
Jnezdie: "I only martial-arts flip my friends. But I see what you're sayin'- we could be friends one day, so." He withdraws his hand, wiping it off.
Argent sheathes her spear anyway. "Regardless, at least for now I see no benefit to a fight which is clearly unwinnable from our standpoint."
Joyeuse proceeds to weave an interesting water spell. It has been long since you have seen someone build a spell from the very scratch, custom-create it for the situation. IT's complex, but works, and she sets all the hostages in watery shells, putting them into stasis, slowly healing them "That should work…"
Gavriel just closes his eye halfway. Not helping, Argent; they aren't enemies to begin with. Not really. And they have to handle this on their own, without Sarah pulling their asses out of the fire- and again, his jaw drops a little as he opens his eye again and watches the woven spell of healing.
Durandal comes closer to Gavriel "I do not doubt my sister's faith… But her planning skills are non-existant. You are an enemy of this kingdom, remember that" was that a threat… A a cautionary warning? "Your faith in the Outsider's negotiation skills are far too great, delay your plan slightly"
Jack: "For what it is worth, Sire, the varg has long since given up that life and seeks now to redeem himself, while the elvaan and myself hail from perhaps the most misunderstood of the three kingdoms, if you even ackknowldge it as one. The Bangaa apparently comes from another continent entirely!"
Sarah's kind of wincing
Joyeuse puts a fing over Jack's mouth to stop him from continuing "(It's more complicated than that)" she whispers to him
Durandal then simply walks away, back when he came
Jnezdie nods once as Durandal leaves. "See ya. (Or, y'know, not.)"
Jack‘ shrugs. "Your brother strikes me as a man of wisdom. With the facts in place I’m certain he will be able to properly asertain the situation."
Jnezdie: "(See, Ragnarok, you gotta be excellent to everyone, but you don't always have to be around 'em.)"
Argent narrows her eyes.
Joyeuse looks as Durandal leaves "… He's going to take the throne someday… His words and his heart can't be on the same place at the same time, please forgive him"
Gavriel: me glances at Durandal. "Given that we are not privy to any plan… it will be easy to acquiesce to that request, ser." He doesn't blame Durandal, and he'll walk out of here in handcuffs, if it's deemed necessary. It was a risk, he was aware of the risk going in.
JayM: Durandal simply leaves you alone
Argent: "So be it. So what of us now, Joyeuse?"
Jnezdie: "Aw, it turned out pretty good all things considered, Aqua, or uh… Should I keep calling you that?"
Joyeuse: "… Ahaha… It- It would help… There's not as many magical eyes spying over me as there are over my brother"
Joyeuse: "I'll- I'll just leave, and you continue on I- I totally lied about the plan I just panicked, had no idea, you guys were so kind"
Argent: "…So be it."
Joyeuse: "J-just don't caus trouble, okay? Oh-hum- Aha-"
Jnezdie: "It's good! I just have one question for you, though."
Jnezdie: "Like, you don't have to answer, but I'm really, really curious."
Joyeuse: "You'r travellers, aren't you? Don't you have a spare robe? I lost mine and walking out in armor with my sword out will be… A political apocalypse"
Joyeuse tilts her head "If it doesn't causes me any trouble to answer"
Jack: "Aye, tis easily done."
Gavriel nods to Joyeuse. "…he cares for his kingdom. A leader, any leader, cannot discount a potential threat. Someday, I hope to be able to conclusively prove that we are not an enemy of the kingdom. Until that day, I respect and forgive what he must do."
Jnezdie glances at her sword and armor, and nods. "Okay, two questions. One, where'd you learn to fight like that -and- cast magic? That one you don't have to answer either, but my first question was-"
Jnezdie: "-waitin' tables a town or so over? What's with that?"
Joyeuse: "Ahah- Hum… I was actually, hum- My special force group was in that area doing disaster relief duty, and I happened to spy your presence there, so I thought keeping an eye on the most hunted men in the kingdom would be worth it"
Joyeuse: "It kind of was, and I got to wear a cute dress!"
Joyeuse: "And, uhn. My aunt taught me white magic, and my cousin taught me how to use a sword, it's- Not a big deal at all!"
Argent: "(Gavriel, I need to speak with you at some point. In private.)"
Joyeuse: "I don't know why I thought it was going to be so hard to wield a sword but it's pretty fun, specially the foil!"
Jnezdie laughs. "Sure was cute! And- aha, that's some fine trainin' there."
Gavriel quirks an eyebrow at Joyeuse; glances at Argent in acknowledgement.
Joyeuse: "… Ever tried simply trying to learn magic?"
Jnezdie: "Ennh… sort of?"
Joyeuse: "No big thoughts, no expecting to find an unbearable barrier, have simply went and tried?"
Gavriel scrunches up his eyebrow.
Jnezdie: "I guess when you put it that way…"
Jnezdie: "Naw, not really."
Argent: "…the very concept escapes me, really."
IT might come as a surprise, but why- Why exactly now that you hear those words, you remember that you never, ever, ever even came across that thought
Jnezdie: "I mean, it's an insult to call what I do half-assin', but…" He shakes his head.
JayM: To Jnezdie, it's now as if before that was said, you were simply… Pathologically unable to think about that
Sarah: "… I can't be… That simple"
Jack: "Them? Hahah, not likely."
Jack: "Why not?"
Joyeuse smiles at Sarah "They're not going to understand but… It's a simple missing pointer issue"
Jack: "Ignorance is a powerful thing, Maiden!"
Gavriel had only come to his present expertise after years of training and experience; he assumed that magic was the same way, the training and experience simply unavailable to and unwanted by his people- but he had never challenged that assumption, never felt any need to do so.
Sarah just… Looks terribly dumfounded "It- It cannot- Wait, how do you know?"
Jnezdie scratches his head now, too, and his eyes wander, like he's so young again, where the world was only the mountains and forests of Transient Town, and to fight was to hit other things with sticks.
Joyeuse closes her eyes "I'm the Elemental Lord of Water, you're inside the Almagest Ancestral… That should answer"
Argent figured that what she had worked-force of arms was sufficient enough. To fight was to direct that force in the most precise manner to destroy or disable the enemy as soon as possible
Joyeuse a bites her lower lip, and pulls out ap iece of parchment, and start improvising to write using fire magic. Instructions "Hum, some basics, very skimmed" she hands to Gavriel "On white magic"
Sarah: "Wait- No, this isn't the access terminal, is it?"
Joyeuse looks conflicted, and starts heading out "There'll be a ball for the blood-prince's birthday in two passes"
Joyeuse: "That's I can say, sorry"
Joyeuse proceeds to dash out of there
Take note she's carrying the terrified taru in her arms
Jnezdie doesn't notice, he's simply… staring.
Gavriel reaches out a hand, gently takes the scrap of paper before she darts away, lets his eye flicker over the page, eyebrow furrowed. How… strange. How very strange.
Jack‘ raises an eyebrow. "Ohoho, do say we’re about to crash a royal ball, Sarah!"
Argent: "…that is indeed strange."
JayM: A slightly different way of thinking… Some instruction…
JayM: WHM liberated to all
JayM: Dark Knight, Bard, Monk, Archer, Hunter, Thief also liberated to all
JayM: Seeking instruction from people will allow you to liberate further licenses- You just need to learn
JayM: Right, I do believe I missed Samura- Essentally, as long as somebody has AP on it, it's liberated
Argent turns to Sarah. "(Sarah, I would prefer to speak with you in private at some point you are free, if you do not mind. It concerns professional issues that I realize have come up as of late.)"
Sarah: "(Alright)"
Sarah looks at Jack "C-can't we sneak by?"
Jnezdie snaps out of his trance. "Huh?"
Gavriel turns to glance at Sarah, a million questions in his eyes, but he manages to bite back all but one: "Wh- where do we go now?"
Jack: "Oh, well. That's fine too of course, (and likely the better course of action)!"
Argent: "…using the ball as a distraction by which to avoid detection would indeed be a superior option."
Sarah: "I guess- Up, and find somewhere to stay"
Jnezdie: "Wh-?"
Jnezdie: "Oh."
Jack: "(Though not nearly as exciting.)"
Jnezdie: "Yeah, I think we're movin' or somethin'?"
Argent: "Let's go."
Sarah: "We're right under the city, we should… Probably continue on"
Jnezdie: "What's exciting? I think I missed somethin', sorry."
Jnezdie: "Aw, I'll let y'all lead."
Jack: "Ah, our new friend mentioned a royal ball in two days, Jnezdie."
Jnezdie: "Ah!"
Jnezdie: "We goin'?"
Argent: "We're avoiding if at all feasible."
Jack: "Sadly no!"
Jnezdie: "Ah! Maybe next time."
Jnezdie: "Okay! Up and out it is!"
Heading outside… You need to climb from the central corridor, a stairwell… You come in a completely crystalline crypt, opaque violet crystal. And when you step outside, you're welcomed to the capital of the Ethereal Kingdom: The first time any of you ever saw it, the city made of crystal, towers spanning a hundred floors, the sunlight reflecting off the surface of the crystal, the
JayM: entire city, every structure, made of the same block of crystal
Jnezdie: "(Ragnarok, a further note: always broaden your horizons, even if you don't always follow those paths.)"
And eternally refracting on it, below your feet- The waves, the waves of the underground river, reflected and refracted on everything around you
Jack: "Hm. It's rather more beautiful up close, isn't it?"
JayM: With that, sesison on
Jnezdie: "Yeah!"
JayM: Session end
Gavriel had… always, honestly, wanted to at least see this place, and he never had- never thought he would. Despite everything, he does think it's beautiful beyond words.
Argent bites back a comment about how uncomfortable she currently feels-see-through floors are making her uncomfortable…but holy hell the spectacle's a nice.
JayM: They're not so much see-threa, and more that the image of the really deep underground river reflects on it, but yes
[OOC] JayM: +10 AP/+4500 XP/+3600 Gil
JayM: +15 AP, rather
JayM rolled 3d100 and got 86, 33, 26 ( Total: 145 ) **
JayM: (you did scrounge up two Zombie Powders, too)

where we're staying:
Julian: The church of Phoenix! A glorious building which worships the goddess of life, built of reddened crystal, there is only one priestess, an old as heavens Viera, who smiles gently to Argent but is totally unobstrusive of your stay. You can stay for a few passes if need be

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License