Sw24

Split Worlds - Session 24
After a scrape with pirates, a moment of hesitation and finally leaving after simply destroying their weapons cache, Re'Sheran somehow scrounges a pair of rooms for you all to rest a bit on, don't ask him how he did so. And you rest only to be welcomed on your wake by the most mysterious environ around, left behind by the heavy storm from before, a beautiful mist has settled around the outpost, giving it an eery and mysterious appearance
Argent: "…ugh…what the hell…I hope this isn't one of those times where I fell asleep right after waking up. Because this is unusual, to say the least."
Argent realizes that Sarah isn't in their room- But she's just outside, talking with her brother "Geez, in the whole mess just now I forgot something"
Re'Sheran: "Oh, what was it?"
Gavriel yawns himself awake with the customary difficulty. Seems if he's not getting shocked into wakefulness by an overly-playful trap, it takes varg-sized mugs of bitter beverages to do the trick. It takes him a moment or two to notice the mist, then he 'hn's thoughtfully at it.
Sarah hands him a small square piece of metal "Liana asked me to give you this"
Jnezdie breathes the mist deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, standing at his window, working on his breathing exercises. Practicing sword techniques outside is no-go, and he didn't want to disturb Jack, so that'll have to wait for another day. For now, he envisions himself turning into mist, spreading about, eyes closed, deep, deep breathing.
Re'Sheran: "Oh! Oh, Alexander, this is SRWJA:Galaxy Together! But how?! Oooh, this was only going to come out WAY after our drop!"
Sarah: "I-I don't know, she just had it with her, and shush, nobody needs to know about your crazy habits"
Argent: "…kgh…" Once the subject turned to that of dragon presents, Argent decided to not bother listening in further as she opens the door.
Re'Sheran: "Oohh- Oh! Presents, I forget! Isn't it your birthday soon? I won't be even close so, here!"
Re'Sheran puts his hand over Sarah's "Your present!"
Argent is welcomed by Sarah having the girliest, happiest squeal
Argent: "…kgh…could you keep it down? Some of us are still waking up…"
Gavriel raises an eyebrow. Chuckles out of the corner of his mouth. (So adorable!)
Sarah suddenly winces "Ah- Ahaha! Sorry! It's just, my brother got me a lot of new dresses!" she's the happiest girl "And- And brother, how'd you get Mystara's Silver Special? Doesn't that costs a fortune?"
Argent looks like one of those types who is most definitely NOT a morning person. Unkempt, half-awake…but her gear's still on. "
Re'Sheran: "Ahh.. Uhn… Ahaha, well, seems like my friends apparently got my name in as a part of the research team for some of those projects but, really… All I did was get them to know eachtoher"
Re'Sheran: "STILL! We pretty much took eachother's time a fair bit here, so! Just promise me one thing, Sis"
Sarah: "What?"
Re'Sheran: "That you'll change that dress for something more suitable to using your equipment! You kind of weirded me out yesterday and you know i've seen the darkest side of- Well, you know"
Sarah giggles "Alright-" she looks at Argent "Ah- uhn- Sorry, I ended up just going and going- Sorry for waking you up"
Argent: "…Er…right…got it. And I was awake before that…" Argent doesn't get it, and rather than ponder why dresses would be such a big deal as a present, she starts for the downstairs. Coffee, or tea..or just something to drink to help her wake up. She still looks half-asleep
JayM: There shall be!
JayM: Although isn't your waitress the cutest thing? She's a hume wearing the cutest waiter uniform, and a hood covering his face. She's got a shy voice as she gets your order and scoots away quickly
Jnezdie calmly opens his eyes, gets his things, and heads downstairs, pretty serene and smiling. Winks at the waitress, giving his light order of bacon and fruit- he seems pretty relaxed.
Sarah waves to Re'Sheran "Right, we need to get moving, you too!" he nods, and she goes down together with Argent and Jnezdie, waiting for everyone to convene
Argent just asked for coffee.
Gavriel totally grabbed some coffee too. Possibly on his second mug?
Sarah looks at everyone pretty much around "Well, hum… We ready to move? I think we kind of spent a lot of time here already!"
Gavriel: "Ready when you are, Sarah."
Jnezdie nods. "Our good deed here is done, and there's a lot more land to cover."
Sarah pulls out the ancient map and the newer one. A few long moments until she's done finding the outpost you're on and then pointing otu where the entrance of the ruins are. You should reach there by First Rain still "Close!"
Jnezdie: "Ah, well— small world suits me fine, too!"
Argent: "Yeah. I'd rather get out of here sooner than later." She does have the energy to eyeroll at the mention of 'good deed'. "So, what're the chances that we'll get in there through the ruin?"
Sarah smiles "Perfect! As soon as we're done eating!"
Argent continues drinking her coffee
Sarah: "Well… If the ancient map we found is correct… I'd say the chances are pretty big! It depends on both ends of the ruins not being discovered to go perfectly, but if only this end isn't…"
Sarah: "We can still do it!"
Jnezdie skewers the last of his fruit with a toothpick, runs it through his teeth, chews, swallows. "That's the way" !
Gavriel nods. He didn't doubt it, just like he doesn't doubt that something crazy will happen along the way. They're adaptable.
Argent: "Well, no point in trying to change routes now when this already looks like the optimal path." She downs the rest of the coffee.
And thus the party stands up, and gets ready to go! And as you're crossing outside the northern gates Jnezdie has a lingering afterthought about that waitress- A thought that doesn't goes anywhere and begins nowhere and also something that you cannot do anything about at all. You're now a good distance north when Sarah stops the party "Oh, right, everyone wait up" it's kind of cold, but
JayM: the light mist thankfully has replaced the snow and slush
Argent: "Hm? What's the problem?"
Jnezdie takes a few seconds to stop walking, breaking out of his trance. "Uh? Oh. Sure thing."
Sarah fiddles a bit with wherever the party keeps their inventory and produces that slab of metal with arcane symbols you've procured previously in the pirate armory "I saw you guys got this otu of the pirates"
Sarah: "I thought you'd like to know what it is!"
Jnezdie: "Oh. Oh! Yeah, show us somethin' cool!" She has his full attention now.
Sarah puts it to the ground "It's an alchemy circle! It's like, very advanced transcient technology, do any of you want to try using it?"
Gavriel glances up. "…even I was curious, yes."
Jnezdie: "Nothing ventured, nothing gained, yeah?" He cracks his knuckles. "I'm game!"
Sarah: "It creates things! Or, hum, rather, it transforms things into other things, depends on how the circle's drawn. This one looks mostly safe… But I don't really know much about this style of alchemy"
Sarah: "Good! Just clap your hands and then put them on the circle!"
Argent: "Yeah, that would be preferable. Seems like it's more useful than exploding crystalshm?" Argent peers at it, trying to discern something about it.
Jnezdie claps his hands, and slams them down onto the circle!
Argent: "Hey, don't hit it too hard. For all we know -that- blows up as well."
The circle glows, and then the slab of metal it is inscribed on dissolves and transforms into… A very long whip, made of pure metal, the flexible part is made of thin metal wire that seems to move of it's own accord, it has little blades along as well [Vibora Whip, T2, Relic, Elder, Powered [5 MP] Accuracy III]
Sarah looks at it "Ooh… That's rare, you don't see whips outside of wardancer arsenals"
Sarah goes over to it, looks at the hilt, presses a button "Here, try hitting something with it!"
Gavriel: "Hn."
Argent: "…if it weren't for those blades, I'd question the viability of it as a weapon."
Sarah: "Whips are pretty viable weapons, actually, if you're not going for the fatal strike, easy to use to disarm and they're terribly, terribly painful, generally disabling your opponent through pain than wound"
Jnezdie: "Whoa!" He takes the hilt, raises it up
"yo some of you may want to take a step back."
Jnezdie coils and cracks the whip!
Sarah: "But yes, like the scythe, tonfa and many others it's a specialist weapon"
Gavriel already took several. "Sometimes you just need to immobilise someone. They weren't unknown in the force, although it… takes quite a bit of skill to use them properly."
Jnezdie cracks the whip! It's directly just slightly beside a tree- And when it's fully extended and has hit nothing, it suddenly comes to life and whips itself at the tree on it's own!
Argent: "…talk about fire and forget."
Sarah: "Neat, that's useful! I just thought about showing this out here rather than in the outpost since this isn't magic proper, so someone might notice"
Argent: "Smart move. Think I'll pass on the whips for the time being."
Sarah nods "Well, let's move, then!"
Argent: "…Right then." Argent cracks her knuckles and moves onward once more.
Jnezdie: "Good point, yeah!"
Jnezdie coils it up and packs it away before continuing!
And onwards the party moves! And soon enough the mist is gone, and the refreshing drizzle has a great smell of freshness, unique to the northern portion of the continent. Further ahead you hear an odd sound, like a… Like beast eating something
Gavriel doesn't like to use anything he can't hit from the entire room (or even continent, these days) away, but he can appreciate a useful weapon when he sees it. Interesting means of production. He follows along!
Argent: "On your guard, everyone."
JayM: And further ahead you spy… A wolf with a pure white mane, seemingly made of strands of ice, it's fangs dyed blood-red. It's feasting on the open corpse of a Qu
JayM: You've seen this kind of Frost Wolf before, this one seems to have taken down someone
Jnezdie 's hand is on his katana, and
"…dang. Too late for us."
Gavriel shakes his cloak to the side, draws his gun.
The wolf hears you and turns around, snarling. Somewhat braver from it's recent kill, it thinks it might be a good idea to take you down as well
Gavriel shakes his head at it slightly, baring his teeth and growling.
Argent: "Kgh." Argent cracks her knuckles, dropping into a fighting stance.
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Argent [F]:2 Jack [B]:3 Frost Wolf [F]:3 Jnezdie [F]:5
Jnezdie: "Sorry buddy, but you're a local. You should know not to each so much." He playfully asides to Sarah. "Present company excluded, yeah?"
JayM: A battle! Gavriel!
Sarah gives Jnezdie a grin before- Simply vanishing that ways he always does
Gavriel fires off a [Double Shot D49]! Any EVA?
JayM: Nyope
Gavriel rolled 2#d8+58(1) and got 8 ( Total: 66.0 ) for 55 CoS Blind (4)
Also rolled 2#d8+58(2) and got 4 [Total: 62.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Also rolled 2d100 and got 44, 100 [Total: 144 (High), Avg: 72.00]
Total: 272.0, Avg: 39.00
JayM: A blind wolf! How… Interesting, GAvriel
JayM: Argent!
Argent , ignoring the irony of a half-blind wolf making another wolf all blind, decides to instead see if she can scavenge anything of use from this wolf. Other than teeth, anyway. [Steal Equipment, 31D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 70 ( Total: 70 ) **
JayM: Not such luck- Empty Equipment Slot
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Frost Wolf [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:2 Argent [F]:30 Gavriel [B]:46
JayM: Whoever is controlling Jack
Jack‘ sings a rousing melody, still faster that the metaverse even when not paying attention! [38D] [Haste (4)]
JayM: So fast :D
The wolf breaths a cloud of ice on the back row!
JayM rolled 1d8+45 and got 4 ( Total: 49.0 )
Also rolled 2d100 and got 5, 11 [Total: 16 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 65.0, Avg: 6.67
JayM: 49 Magical Ice damage and both are Slow(4)!
JayM: Jnezdie!
[OOC] Jnezdie: inits out of curiosity
stark (~ten.tsacmoc.xt.1dsh.21-101-991-89-c|47e.kratS#ten.tsacmoc.xt.1dsh.21-101-991-89-c|47e.kratS) Quit
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Argent [F]:28 Frost Wolf [F]:28 Jack [B]:36 Gavriel [B]:44
Jnezdie draws his katana in a large arc, the blade lighting up into licking flames as it leaves the sheath! [Fire Sword, 28D]
JayM: Right again!
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:0 Frost Wolf [F]:0 Jack [B]:8 Gavriel [B]:16
JayM: Argent and Jnezdie combined move!
JayM: Frost Wolf immediately after
Jnezdie strikes across the wolf! [Attack, 48D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 69 ( Total: 69 ) for 85/15
Argent simply switches stances, drawing a flaming spear. From seemingly nowhere [Weapon Change, 10D]
JayM: Weakness!
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*2+264*2 and got 9 ( Total: 546.0 )
JayM: And Jnezdie’s slash finishes it off
JayM: Victory!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 61 ( Total: 61 )
[OOC] JayM: +525 XP/+420 Gil/+2 AP
Argent: "That was a waste of time."
Jnezdie sheathes his katana, the flames burning out.
Argent does decide to check the body of the dead Qu, thoughhe…or she…whatever it was was dead, so there might be something of use.
Gavriel glances at the Qu's corpse, decides that a quip about how the wolf bit off more than it could chew would be… in poor taste. He shrugs at Argent.
Jack: "…Callous to a fault."
You now can take into the scene- There are also the remains of a chocobo here, which have been throughly feasted on by other wild beasts, the Qu is certainly a bloody mess that the rain is slowly washing away… And there isalso something of note, a letter slightly torn and open on the ground. It's something like… A sister talking to another, about how life's been the same old, how her
JayM: child is faring well, pregnancy's been hard on her and how her husband just haven't been at home lately at all thanks to work
JayM: Perhaps a bit creepily, is that along the bloodstains, perhaps with his dieing breath, the messenger has scrawled a small message in the back of the letter "deliver it please"
JayM: It's got sincerely no address, or any identification
Jnezdie: "What a strange scene, yo."
JayM: How odd for a messenger to carry a single letter, Jnezdie. They don't do that
Argent: "…Yeah, I'm nobody's deliveryman. One of you can do it if you want." Argent comments, handing off the bloody letter to someone else.
Sarah: "This is rather gruesome…"
Jnezdie takes the letter.
Sarah looks at Argent from behind her- That was at least a little but insensitive! But Sarah keeps that to herself "Hum… What do you guys want to do?"
Jack‘ rubs at his forehead.
Jnezdie: "Obviously, I’m gonna deliver it at some point."
Jnezdie: "I mean, I got no idea where it's goin', who this guy is, who's writin'…"
Sarah: "Alright! So, hum… Maybe we should continue on?"
Argent: "The wilderness isn't what I'd call pleasant, Sarah." She keeps the burning spear out at this rate
if there's other icy threats, might as well…
Jnezdie: "But better with us than any other group, yeah?"
Sarah: "Hum… I know, Argent- Here, at least…"
Argent: "Let's continue."
Gavriel: "Not like the letter's got a good chance of getting to its destination laying in a puddle in the Ethereal wilderness. Let's go."
Regardless, you continue on! And the trip takes a while longer. The rain starts to pick up again, harder- You're reminded why up north they use 'First Rain' and 'Second Rain' to mark the pass, Jnezdie is keenly aware that between both heavy rains the exact same time has passed- So this should be Second Rain, more or less, by the end of the Pass. If you haven't lost too much time in the
JayM: trip, you should be arriving in the ruin soon
Jnezdie: "Should be almost there. Get your ruin boots on!"
About now is when another strange, strange visage appears on your trip. A moogle, wearing a crimson feathered robe, which has been severely thorn and damaged, is wandering rather aimlessly, seeking something. The strange part of this moogle is that she has… Pink-colored wings. The strangest part of this moogle, is that her fur is colored crimson red. She looks at you, looks around
JayM: "Where…" she looks at you again "Where are you going?"
JayM: It's not so much asking you to stop as it is asking a sincere question
Argent quirks an eyebrow. "Why do you ask?"
Jnezdie: "Hey there! I'm Jnezdie."
Gavriel peers at the moogle, curiously. "…are you all right?"
Erinia: "I'm- I'm Erinia. You don't…" Jnezdie notices that her left hand is clutched tightly, she must have probably sunk her nails on her own skin at this rate "You don't know where there is a ruin, do you?"
Argent looks at Erinia suspiciously. "Ruin explorer, I take it?"
Erinia shakes her head vigorously "No! I- I'm a- I'm a researcher of the arts of life, healing, recovery and bolstering and…" she looks on the verge of tears "I did something horrible… I- I tried to do something and I failed, horribly"
Jnezdie casually responds. "We totally know. Goin' there now. Gonna be okay?"
Erinia: "But I can still- Still d something about that mistake! And… If I can find just the right thing in a ruin…"
Sarah is just looking at the moogle, intrigued, and lettign the party speak
Jnezdie kneels, holding out his hands, palms up, beckoning with his fingers. "C'mon, c'mon, no sense in bein' all tense."
Argent: "…If it's that important, you can tag along. Just don't become a liability."
Erinia puts her right hand over her left "J-just… It's serious, I have little time…"
Erinia: "Don't worry, I won't get in the way!"
Jnezdie stares, smiling. "Nah, you'll totally be fine. Know what you're lookin' for?"
Erinia: "I'm… I'm looking for any sort of ancient weapon which once housed a living soul"
Jnezdie sizes up the moogle too, trying to divine between the frightened and subtle.
JayM: Something- About this moogle, Jnezdie, is off. She is certainly a kind woman, you can tell that, but she seems… Unnatural, in more than one way
Gavriel glances at Sarah, curiously. If it's okay with her, it's okay with him.
Sarah smiles at Gavriel, it's probably okay
Jnezdie: "That's quite the tall order, but you never know with a ruin." He stands, stretching.
Argent: "If we have that little time, we can talk while we move." Argent comments, starting off in the direction toward the ruins.
And the party starts moving, and it doesn't takes THAT MUCH to find the planned ruin- In fact you simply had to make a corner around a formation of trees and there it is… An ancient hole in the ground, surrounded by debris of charred metal
Sarah mutters something to herself during the trip "(An anima weapon…)"
Jnezdie: "And here we are." He searches about for traps, like any good ruin diver should, but if it's all clear then it's down into the dark!
Gavriel tromps along. Adaptable! Stranger things will happen yet before they're done today, he's got no doubt.
The hole leads down into what looks like a very dilapidated room. It will take a token amount of effort to get everyone down, the party can climb down with ease, Sarah requirs some helping, and Erinia simply jumps, a wave of warm air slowing down her descent. You end up in… It's a strange room, it's made of rusted metal, there are pieces and bits of once-furniture strewn about and
JayM: rotten, the light from above illuminates the room, a remain of a table made of metal and the remains of a chair equally rusted and metallic are here as well (it'd an office, Jnezdie, probably for a boss)
There is also a doorway, which seems to be pretty much rusted shut, the metal is kind of flaking away and bent, sharp points and corners are all over.
JayM: You don't see many ways further from this room than the closed door, which can be taken down with a Sabotage [TN 5] check
Jnezdie spits into his hands, rubs them together… even though he is, at best, going to shoulder tackle the thing. [No Reels]
Argent would likely just try to bash the damn thing down herself. [No Reels]
Gavriel isn't so good at carefully breaking in as compared to bodyslamming doors down, sadly. [No Reels]
Jack knows mechanisms -and- blowing things up. [Aptitude][Dependable][Expertise]
Jnezdie rolled 1d10 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for TN4
Also rolled 1d8+1 and got 5 [Total: 6.0 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 3#1d8(1) and got 5 [Total: 5 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 3#1d8(2) and got 2 [Total: 2 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 3#1d8(3) and got 7 [Total: 7 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 24.0, Avg: 4.60
JayM: You carefully disassemble the doorway on it's outer sides- Heavens, this rusted metal would probably have torn your skin apart if you weren't as careful as you were just now
Jack‘ tosses ti carefully to the side and out of the way of the walking path before it crumbkles into a heep of ridiculously sharp edges.
As you oversee a large expanse of… Darkness. There is no spot of light to see with, but… A few moments pass and you start adjusting your eyes to the darkness and you realize there is a faint source of light from below. You can see, six or seven stories down, spots of light, like lamps, but it’s hard to discern what they are. You're currently on a catwalk, which goes around the large
JayM: room, but it doesn't leads anywhere, it seems to have broken down further ahead and fallen
Jnezdie does well under Jack's guidance, prying off and placing aside the metal as best he can!
Gavriel: "…hn. Be careful."
JayM: There is also this acrid smell, itchy and irritating… And actually on second inspection, Jnezdie's instincts and Gavriel's experience tell them something- This isn't rust… It's more like corrosion, they're similar but still, it's distinctively the effect of acid
JayM: Interestingly, the fallen catwalk… And the broken ones behind it seem to form an unstable, but suitable, path down to the lower floor
Argent: "…Shouldn't be that bad." Argent walks along the catwalks fineif she needed extra balance, she used her currently-wielded spear for that
Jnezdie: "…doubly careful. This wasn't just a lack o' spitshine that caused it."
Gavriel: "…containment incident, perhaps. Acid leak. We can use these catwalks to get around, if we're careful."
JayM: Jnezdie- A wild memory- This ruin is creepily similar to another you've visited in the material kingdom, except that one had those flows of molten metal on it
JayM: A [TN 4] Climbing check with Sarah included will be required to go down
Argent: "Acid, huh? Duly noted." And Argent gets to work on the climbing easily enough. [Dependable x2]
Gavriel clambers his way down. Varg are good at this! [Aptitude] He's even got a hand free to help in case shit goes south, too.
Jnezdie limbers up, bounding downwards. [Trick][Double or Nothing]
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+1 and got 7, 9 ( Total: 17.0 ) for auto fial, and DoN the first
Also rolled 1d10 and got 10 [Total: 10 (High), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 2#d8(1) and got 5 [Total: 5 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 2#d8(2) and got 4 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 36.0, Avg: 7.00
JayM: Yep
Argent: You know what this party is good at? Physical stuff.
It takes a fair bit of effort, it’s unstable. Erinia follows behind without missing a beat, jumping as if she was natural to it. It isn't until halfway through when one of the catwalks slides- And it starts falling! It requires quick action, you run and jump to another just in time, but it seems to have started a chain reaction, and soon enough the entire thing has come crashing down…
JayM: Except you're fast, and athletic, even when having to carry Sarah, and jumping from debris to debris you clear from the crash area, and end up safely in the lower floor
Argent: "You okay, Sarah?" Argent asks matter-of-factly afterward.
Jack‘ takes a moment to catch his bretah while leanign against a wall. "…Ha…hahaha."
Gavriel wound up grabbing Sarah when her catwalk was going to fall, and carrying her all the way to the lower level!
Sarah: "Y-yeah!"
And here you see… A long expanse of something… You finally identify what is the origin of the lights you saw from above, vehicles. Flat, brown-colored metal vehicles, with four rubbery wheels each, a long and flat glass pane in front. The two lights in the front of the closest one are active, and in fact there are twenty or so pairs of lights still on, illuminating gloomily the darkness
Jnezdie smiles, largely to himself, hopping from one foot to the other. "That’ll do for an mid-Pass warm up, yeah."
Gavriel whistles lowly. "…still active? That's… damn."
Argent: "These things seem to be increasingly common in the ruins around here."
Jnezdie: "Ohhhhhhhh man. Please tell me I get to manipulate two tech-crazy things today."
And the darkness illuminated shows… The ground, aside from where you are right now and far, far away nearby the doorway on the other side, is covered in… A translucent liquid with a strong acrid smell, forming a gigantic puddle in the ground
JayM: That's the source of your acid, Jnezdie and Gavriel
JayM: http://storagebin.wikispaces.com/file/detail/OP2Scout.png <- An image of the vehicle
Jack‘ scratches at the side of his face.
Erinia: "Wow… Those things last forever…"
Argent: "…kgh. The hell is this stuff?"
Sarah: "Yeah…"
Gavriel: "…hn. Definitely a containment leak. Which…" He scratches his head. "Acid. Acid we don’t have the means to neutralise, right now. Hn."
Jnezdie: "What ate through all the catwalks, yeah?"
Argent: "…yeah, I'm not touching that crap."
Sarah goes over to the closest vehicle… Puts a hand over it, and inspects it "A moment…" she goes over under it "Gavriel, a hand, open this for me"
Now talking in #Terranotos
Jnezdie nods. "Good call."
Jnezdie: "We can drive these things over it, right? Like an Overrunner, eh?"
Sarah and Gavriel open up a small compartment under it and with a little bit of adjustment on a pressure tube, a hatch above the vehicle opens. It leads to a small, cramped up space… You'd probably fit two people inside, with effort
Argent: "The acid ate through those catwalks. Chances are it'd eat through those wheels as well. And the rest of it."
Sarah: "Yes! It should work, It's… Mostly broken, but it should still move"
Jnezdie: "Well we don't need to go -far-, just
to the other side there, over by the door."
Sarah: "W-well, acid isn't that fast, I don't think?"
JayM: You can take a Pilot [TN 5] check to get over to the other side without a problem
Jack: "Well, if you think it'll work."
Argent: "Right then." Argent's only along for the ride hereshe knows nothing about how to operate vehicles like this. She is prepared to jump off if need be, however. [No Reels]
Jnezdie: "'course it will! If there's one guy who can do it, it's you!"
Jack‘ climbs on down, staring at the controls for a moment before hitting a few random buttons and levers, pushing forward. [Aptitude] [Dependable]
Sarah: "Reall, it should last long enough… IF were fast"
Sarah: "Hum, if you got another way, though"
Jack` rolled d10 and got 2 ( Total: 2 )
d8+1: 6 [Total: 7.0 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(1) and got 2 [Total: 2 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(2) and got 7 [Total: 7 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Jnezdie hops on top of one of the vehicles and holds on tight. [No Reels]
Also rolled 3#d8(3) and got 8 [Total: 8 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 26.0, Avg: 5.00
Jack: "Fahaha, not really!" Jack shouts as the vehicle suddenly lurches forward.
Argent: "Honestly, we have a way, might as well." Argent yanks Sarah up on top of the vehicle in question
Gavriel totally hotwired the ancient tank, like a boss. And Jack’s a natural!
JayM: Hrm… It seems to be operated with buttons and a lever that moves in all directions. With one button you make it start moving, but you can't exactly make it stop! It takes a little bit of scrambling to get everyone on it before it's out of reach but you do, people need to ride atop it, given that the large Yeti is taking up all the inside space! It lurches forward at ever increasing
JayM: speed and- Jack, it doesn't have a brake! At the last second, before it hits the doorway, Jack pulls a hard left, causing to stop due to friction- Which causes the weakened wheel joints to shatter and it to loose all wheels. At least it's stopped now, and the area around is mostly safe
Jack: "Hmm. Well, that's just bad design."
Jnezdie: "Good roll!" He quickly scans for a clear landing and hops down.
Gavriel looks like he'd like to have strong words with whoever designed the controls, yes.
Argent had jumped off when it was apparent that it was going to crash, taking Sarah with her, landing on dry floor
It's probably safer to quickly scramble through the doorway- Which does not opens no matter how hard you try. Thankfully, the doors are made of some sort of stained glass, so if you just break it open- Except 'breaking it open' is actually easier than expected, the moment someone touches in the actual glass portion, it detonates harshly sending glass shards all over the place. Thankfully
JayM: the glass broke in interestingly round-edged fragments (how did it even?) so it did not hurt aside from a bruise or another
JayM: Gavriel you should have strong words with whoever cut the main hydraulics control which controlled the brakes :(
Argent: "…That is the worst trap ever." Argent comments on the glass.
Jnezdie: "Weird, yo."
Argent: Right before stepping through.
Gavriel tilts his head to the side. "Doubt it was a trap. Not… sure what it was supposed to be, though."
Jnezdie: "Things don't break into -circles-."
The doorway leads to a long corridor, which seems to lead to a type of storage area, there is this large empty space wherein a semi-spheric structure set on a heavy metal pedestal sits in front of a door, and in front of the spheric thing there is… Well, you're familiar with turrets by now, ooh, memories of the first ruin you've gone down, except this is different, colored silver, it
JayM: has a single short and stubby closed barrel, and you can feel a strange smell in the air
JayM: (the smell of the aftermatch of lightning, Jnezdie)
Sarh suddenly yell "Waaah! Starflare!" she grabs Erinia and drags her back, behind the doorway "Damn, damn, damn, damn!"
Argent: "Hell if I know or care what that was supposed to be, anywa
oh look. Security measurethe hell, Sarah?!"
JayM: http://storagebin.wikispaces.com/file/detail/OP2Supernova.png <- The circular structure
Gavriel: "-mind sharing with the class?"
Jnezdie: "Pretty sure she doesn't want to be a target, yeah?"
JayM: http://storagebin.wikispaces.com/file/detail/OP2Thor.png <- The turret
Sarah: "T-that thing behind the turret- It's either a Starflare or a Supernova! An explosive designed to take down castles! I-if it's still working, it probably has a proximity trigger"
Argent: "…Okay. Any idea what sort of range it has?"
Jack: "…Why in the world would you need anything that destructive?"
Argent: "On the trigger, I mean."
Jnezdie: "And why would you just leave it here?"
Jnezdie: "I mean, if you want it to explode, at least put that -and- a timer on that."
Jnezdie , however, doesn't move forward.
Argent: "…Why in the world would you make any weapon, Jack." Argent replies sarcastically, staying put but scouting the area out
Sarah: "Hum… I- it has actually a short range, it uses fragmenting micro-explosives to cover a very controlled area with as much explosive power as possible… It probably doesn't reaches anything farther than the doorway, but anything int the blast range, yeah…"
Erinia: "Hrm… That looks… Dangerous"
Sarah: "I got no idea why it's here, but, hum… Hrm… Well, when armors are pretty strong you… Make stronger weapons, I guess?"
Gavriel: "So, we either set it off from a distance, disable the proximity sensor, or manage to find a way around it."
Jack: "A device to enhance a sport and a device to level an entire castle are not quite the same, Argent. I realize this is difficult for you but try and frame things in a larger perspective."
Jnezdie: "If only I could solve this problem by haphazardly driving something into it, too."
Argent: "Yes, because combat is most definitely a sport." Argent eyerolls.
Sarah: "Hum… They probably have a delayed trigger, if you can cause enough integrity damage, you can disable most of the explosive charge. It needs a special trigger to go off, simpleimpact won't do"
Jack: "… Have you ever in your life picked up a histroy book, Argent?"
Sarah: "And actually, Argent, back where I come from, combat is a sport, it's called Duelling!"
Jnezdie grins. "So, hit it real hard?"
Sarah: "As hard and fast as you can"
Argent: "Because this war between the Material and Etheral is most -definitely- a sport." Argent eyerolls again, "…Hm, So we basically try to smash the hell out of this thing before it goes off, then? Gues that works."
Jack‘ grinds his teeth.
Erinia: "And… Be careful, the turret in front of it seems like a very weak particle cannon, but there’s a lot of… Electricity behind it. It's probably a targetted lightning turret"
Sarah: "A Thor's Hammer?"
Erinia: "Hrm… Yes, probably it"
Sarah: "WAIT! How do you know that?"
Erinia: "H-hum- Let's focus on the matter at hand?"
Argent eyes Erinia suspiciously once more. "Once this thing's down, you're answering."
Erinia: "As much as I can"
JayM: This will be actual combat! Are you ready?
Jnezdie openly laughs. "See, this is why I'm less worred about the bomb in front of me than the ones brewin' all conversation-like."
Argent: "Oi, Gav, mind if I borrow something of yours for a bit before we charge in?"
[OOC] Jnezdie: *worried
Gavriel glances at Argent. "Hm? What do you need?"
Argent: "The sniper rifle."
Jnezdie: "That is a really good point. It's like snipin' a non-movin' target, yeah?"
Gavriel raises an eyebrow, but nods. "We've got the initiative here, it's true."
Argent: "I don't think we'd get more than one shot off of it before it goes active, but that should give us a head start."
Jnezdie: "So, I mean, I'm gonna run up and hit it on 'bang', yeah?"
Argent: "Yeah. Firing that thing will be the cue to rush in."
JayM: Hrm… Perfect!
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Argent [F]:0 Jack [B]:0 Jnezdie [F]:0 Supernova Turret [F]:35 Thor's Hammer Turret [F]:47
JayM: Initiative Round! Act in the order you want (Argent is Theoretically equipped wit hthe rifle)
[OOC] Argent: Attack action only, right?
[OOC] JayM: Well, no, you're entitled the use of any of your abilities
Argent sets up the rifle, remembering the motions and triggers needed to work the complex piece of linear acceleration weaponry…before somehow managing to get it to fire not one, but -two- shots in rapid succession at the Supernova Turret! [Pummel, 51D]
Jack‘ sings a rousing melody! [38D] [Haste (4)]
JayM: I’ll rule that Haste goes off first to help you out, Argent
JayM: Hit that twinshot!
Gavriel sights along his gun, noting all potential weak points in the turrets' architecture! [Wide Scan D24]
Argent rolled 2#d100(1) and got 14 ( Total: 14 )
Also rolled 2#d100(2) and got 63 [Total: 63 (High), Avg: 63.00]
Total: 77, Avg: 38.50
[OOC] Argent: Barring evade, that should easily be two hits!
JayM: That hits twice!
Argent rolled 2#1d8+286(1) and got 2 ( Total: 288.0 ) for …not sure, think this is right.
Also rolled 2#1d8+286(2) and got 4 [Total: 290.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 578.0, Avg: 3.00
[OOC] Argent: Piercing physical ranged damage, natch.
Thor's Hammer Turret - HP: 3680 / MP: 150 - W: Lightning - I: Push - Armored Outsider trait - From what your friends back there mentioned, it should have some pretty powerful lightning attacks
Supernova Turret - HP: 2422/3000 / MP: 23/23 - W: Lightning - I: Push - Outsider trait - It's certainly going to explode soon enough if you don't pay attention to it
JayM: Jnezdie!
JayM: (they're both front row)
Jnezdie draws his katana, and lightning sparks along the blade! [Lightning Sword, 28D]
JayM: A brand of lightning!
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Jnezdie [F]:4 Supernova Turret [F]:11 Jack [B]:14 Argent [F]:17 Thor's Hammer Turret [F]:23
JayM: Gavriel again!
Gavriel frowns, and for now he pours the contents of a small package of black powder into a valve on his gun. [Vitals Shot CT 10]
JayM: Glugs
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie charges at the Supernova Turret, giving it a mighty strike! [Attack, 48D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 43 ( Total: 43 ) for 85/15
JayM: Hits weakness!
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*2+264*2 and got 10 ( Total: 548.0 )
[OOC] JayM: 548] damage!
The Supernova Turret shudders slightly [Initiate Adjustement] and gains Faith(5)
JayM: :/
JayM: Actually Gavriel's strike would go off before that
JayM: Go at it, Gav
Gavriel swears under his breath and fires off the [Vitals Shot D39] at the Supernova Turret!
Gavriel rolled d8+117 and got 6 ( Total: 123.0 ) for cos 60 random, cos 55 blind
d100: 84 [Total: 84 (High), Avg: 84.00]
d100: 82 [Total: 82 (High), Avg: 82.00]
d6: 3 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 292.0, Avg: 43.75
JayM: Sadly, only damage
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Argent [F]:3 Thor's Hammer Turret [F]:9 Supernova Turret [F]:22 Gavriel [B]:35 Jnezdie [F]:38
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ sings the valor minute! [38D] [Brave (4)]
JayM: BRavery!
JayM: Argent!
Argent , not left with many options given the gun needs to cool down…instead tries to see if there’s any components she can snatch from the supernova turret. [Steal Equipment, 25D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 26 ( Total: 26 )
Argent reaches into the Supernova Turret and… She draws out a sort of trigger mechanism? [Fiery Gleam]
The Thor's Hammer Turret paints a single red dot on Jnezdie… [Focused Shot, CT 50]
JayM: Jnezdie this is- This feels weirdly like the Ultima Storm ability from evokers
Jnezdie: "Ooh. It's bringin' out the heavy ordinance just for me."
The Supernova Turret starts drawing in energy from the environment [Force Charge - Bluff]
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:7 Jack [B]:10 Jnezdie [F]:10 Supernova Turret [F]:29 Thor's Hammer Turret [F]:31
JayM: Argent!
Gavriel: "Aw look, it really does care after all." He grins. "I'll see if I can stop that from going off…"
Jnezdie: "I'd owe ya!"
Argent figures she might as well try and see if there is something to grab off of the Thor's Hammer turret. [Steal Equipment, 25D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 11 ( Total: 11 )
Argent: (Aaaand, what have we behind Door #2~?!)
Argent finds something that looks very stealable! Dodging around and behind the turret, the back portion is open and there's- Nothing worth risking THIS MUCH, behind it and inside there does looks like something itneresting but there is so much goddamn lightning crackling all over there it's scary. Although you do make it out with a somewhat tamer-looking ring-like object [Lightning
JayM: Gleam]
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel aims at the Thor's Hammer Turret, aiming for that targeting mechanism… whatever's charging that attack on Jnezdie… [Silence Buster D48]
Gavriel rolled d8*1.25+117*1.25 and got 6 ( Total: 153.75 ) for Silence (2), 55 CoS Blind (4)
Also rolled 1d100 and got 45 [Total: 45 (Low), Avg: 45.00]
Total: 198.75, Avg: 25.50
The strike lands head-on on the barrel, and the red dot flickers away
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Jnezdie [F]:0 Argent [F]:15 Supernova Turret [F]:19 Thor's Hammer Turret [F]:21 Gavriel [B]:45
JayM: Jack and Jnezdie!
[OOC] Jack: INCORRECT
Gavriel: "Hah! There you go, Jnezdie!"
[OOC] JayM: What?
[OOC] Jack: When a CT is canceling the thign charging the CT acts immediately
[OOC] JayM: Ah, I see
[OOC] Jack: -ing +ed
The Turret then slowly turns over to Argent, and then fires a thin red beam, she feels some physical impact but that's it [Particle Beam]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 16 ( Total: 16 )
Also rolled 1d8+72 and got 5 [Total: 77.0 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 93.0, Avg: 10.50
[OOC] JayM: 77] Physical Melee damage
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Jnezdie [F]:0 Argent [F]:16 Supernova Turret [F]:19 Thor's Hammer Turret [F]:34 Gavriel [B]:45
JayM: Now you two?
Argent: "Alright, everyone, Rip the big fucker a new one!"
Jnezdie slowly brings his katana around in a large circle, and then holds it high above his head! He closes his eyes, searching out, feeling magic spells… [Runic, 24D]
Jack‘ sings the magical refrain! [38D] [Shell (4)]
JayM: Shells are had!
[OOC] Argent: [F] HP: 859/952 | MP: 170/170 | Limit: 17/300 | SoS: 238 | Haste (1), Brave (2), Shell (4)
JayM: Argent!
Argent finally puts the coilgun away, along with the odd devices, and drops into a fighting stance [Weapon Switch:Brawler, 10D]
The Supernova Turret continues to charge! [Supernova Charge, CT65]
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Argent [F]:2 Thor’s Hammer Turret [F]:10 Gavriel [B]:21 Jack [B]:24 Supernova Turret [F]:60
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie: "You gotta be kiddin' me!" He lunges for the Supernova Turret with a strike! [Attack, 48D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 93 ( Total: 93 ) for 85/15
JayM: Wow, your aim's kind of off
JayM: Argent!
JayM: Someone, somewhere, is amused that you missed a stationary target
Jnezdie is unshaken. Glancing blows happen!
Argent goes straight for a pair of kicks at the Supernova Turret, placing them where she thinks they'll have the most impact. [Pummel, 31D]
JayM: Roll dem bones!
Argent rolled 2#d100(1) and got 50 ( Total: 50 )
Also rolled 2#d100(2) and got 4 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 54, Avg: 27.00
JayM: Hit and crit, is what I see?
Argent rolled 1d8*1.25+156*1.25 and got 5 ( Total: 201.25 )
Argent rolled 1d8*2.25+156*2.25 and got 3 ( Total: 357.75 )
[OOC] JayM: 100] [178], the thing's damn hard!
JayM: Battle order: Thor's Hammer Turret [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:11 Jack [B]:14 Argent [F]:23 Jnezdie [F]:38 Supernova Turret [F]:50
JayM: Status for Thor's Hammer Turret [F]: Silence(1) Blind(3)
The Thor's Hammer Turret aims towards Gavriel now! [Particle Beam]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 7 ( Total: 7 )
JayM rolled 1d8+72 and got 2 ( Total: 74.0 )
[OOC] JayM: 55] Physical Melee damage!
JayM: (uhn, mod's 25%, right?)
[OOC] Jnezdie: yes
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Jack [B]:3 Argent [F]:12 Thor's Hammer Turret [F]:26 Jnezdie [F]:27 Supernova Turret [F]:39
JayM: Status for Thor's Hammer Turret [F]: Blind(2)
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel casually makes an obscene gesture on the Thor's Hammer before firing on its targeting systems again! [Silence Buster D48]
Gavriel rolled d8*1.25+117*1.25 and got 1 ( Total: 147.5 ) for Silence (2), 55 CoS Blind (4)
Also rolled 1d100 and got 14 [Total: 14 (Low), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 161.5, Avg: 7.50
JayM: It remaisn on Eternal Lockdown!
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ sings the rousing melody once more! [38D] [Haste (4)]
JayM: Speeds are had!
JayM: Argent!
Argent decides to keep up the assault, taking advantage of her increased speed. [Pummel, 25D]
Argent rolled 2#d100(1) and got 67 ( Total: 67 )
Also rolled 2#d100(2) and got 80 [Total: 80 (High), Avg: 80.00]
Total: 147, Avg: 73.50
JayM: One hit!
Argent rolled 1d8+156 and got 2 ( Total: 158.0 ) for What’s impressive is that she's doing damage to a turret by punching it.
JayM: There is a scientific explanation to that!
JayM: Battle order: Thor's Hammer Turret [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:1 Argent [F]:11 Supernova Turret [F]:13 Jack [B]:15 Gavriel [B]:22
JayM: Status for Thor's Hammer Turret [F]: Silence(2) Blind(4)
The Thor's Hammer Turret moves and paints a target on Jnezdie for a [Particle Beam]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 )
JayM: No such luck!
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie slowly brings his katana around in a large circle, and then holds it high above his head! He closes his eyes, searching out, feeling magic spells… [Runic, 24D]
JayM: The concentration of magic energy- What IS this Jnezdie? This isn't simple magic energy… Somehow, you feel pure, raw physical kinectic energy gathering like magical energy
JayM: Argent!
Argent , sensing the imminent attack of the Supernova Turret, drops into a defending stance, not expecting Jnezdie's trick to deal with what seems to be an explosive burst round. [Defend, 21D]
The Supernova Turret finishes- It explodes into a tremendous ball of fire, the raw waves of impact reach the party and rock Jnezdie's world- This weird, strange energy, it's as if the pure kinectic impact of an explosion was tied together with the burning inferno of a spell. And then the party sees, a hundred, a thousand tiny fragments flying around, and Jnezdie doesn't have time to even
JayM: think before seeing them explode, each one a hundred times more powerful than the primary explosion. The raw force of the impact and energy absorbed by Jnezdie is so great it sends the blade flying off his hands, it strikes the wall where all of the energy is directed towards, and you see all the walls around you crack but… Remain [Self-Destruct, 1 MP]
JayM: That would have caused roughly 14710 HP to everything on the field
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Gavriel [B]:7 Jnezdie [F]:10 Argent [F]:17 Thor's Hammer Turret [F]:22
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ raises an eyebrow.
Jack` then segues into a Valor Minute! [38D] [Brave (4)]
JayM: Your arms are still ringing, Jnezdie
JayM: Gavriel!
Jnezdie ’s eyes are closed as he exhales a white, misty substance, lowers his slightly-flexed arms in front of him, hands balled into fists.
Jnezdie: "Groovy."
Gavriel: "…Jnezdie, are you all right." He frowns, before preparing another toxic shot. [CT 10]
JayM: Jnezdie again!
Argent: "…A curious trick. Or a dud shot, one of the two."
Jnezdie doesn't respond, he couldn't hear it. He opens his eyes, and scrambles to retrieve his katana. [Wait, 15D]
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Argent [F]:0 Thor's Hammer Turret [F]:5 Jnezdie [F]:8 Jack [B]:21
JayM: Gavriel! Argent!
Gavriel nods to Argent.
Argent looks over the turret, before shouting "Follow my lead!" as she rushes in and executes a kick aimed against the turret's current rotation [Blindside, 32D]
JayM: Roll it!
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 15 ( Total: 15 )
Argent rolled 1d8*1.25+156*1.25 and got 7 ( Total: 203.75 ) for blindside effect
JayM: It throws the turret's rotation off
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel fires! [Vitals Shot D40]
Gavriel rolled d8*1.5+117*1.5 and got 2 ( Total: 178.5 ) for 70 CoS random, 55 CoS blind, random status, physical piercing ranged
Also rolled 1d100 and got 20 [Total: 20 (Low), Avg: 20.00]
Also rolled 1d100 and got 29 [Total: 29 (Low), Avg: 29.00]
Also rolled 1d6 and got 6 [Total: 6 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 233.5, Avg: 14.25
[OOC] Gavriel: Poison (4)!
JayM: Inspired by recent events- Isn't acid so useful when you want to disassemble a machine, Gavriel? Poison(4), Blind(4), [178]!
JayM: Battle order: Thor's Hammer Turret [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:3 Jack [B]:16 Argent [F]:27 Gavriel [B]:35
JayM: Status for Thor's Hammer Turret [F]: Silence(1) Blind(4) Poison(4)
The Thor's Hammer Turret slowly turns and points at Jack [Particle Beam]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 2 ( Total: 2 )
JayM rolled 1d8+72 and got 6 ( Total: 78.0 )
JayM: Er
[OOC] JayM: 58] Physical Melee damage!
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie refocuses his eyes on the remaining turret- it's still operational? He rushes in, striking across the barrel. [Attack, 48D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for 85/15
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*3.25+264*3.25 and got 8 ( Total: 884.0 )
JayM: Jnezdie you are a monster! The sparks of lightning jump from your blade to the back of the equipment [Store Element]
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ plays the song of life! [38D]
Jack` rolled 6d10*1.25+112*1.25 and got 4, 9, 4, 4, 2, 5 ( Total: 175.0 )
JayM: Argent!
Argent goes to set up another such attack! [Blindside, 32D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 25 ( Total: 25 )
JayM: A great hit!
Argent rolled 1d8*1.25+156*1.25 and got 6 ( Total: 202.5 ) for and Blindside effect
JayM: Whoo.
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Thor’s Hammer Turret [F]:2 Jnezdie [F]:16 Jack [B]:19 Argent [F]:24
JayM: Status for Thor's Hammer Turret [F]: Blind(3) Poison(3)
JayM: Gavriel!
Argent:
Aaaand insert the normal of what Gavriel does for a normal power shot [Full Assault, 40D]
Argent rolled d8*1.5+234*1.5 and got 1 ( Total: 352.5 ) for piercing ranged physical
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 ) for blind 55
JayM: A lot of damage and he's now Sleep(1)!
The Thor's Hammer Turret moves and fires a [Particle Beam] at Gavriel!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 36 ( Total: 36 )
JayM rolled 1d8*0.75+72*0.75 and got 6 ( Total: 58.5 )
JayM: Wait, no
JayM rubs his eyes
The Turret actually starts charging up, and is enveloped by a cage of lightning! [Voltcage Burst - Ramuh, CT20]
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Jack [B]:3 Thor's Hammer Turret [F]:6 Argent [F]:8 Gavriel [B]:24
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie sniffs and closes his eyes once more, bringing his katana about in a circle, ending high above his head. [Runic, 24D]
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ performs another rousing melody! [38D]
The Thor’s Hammer points it's red beam towards the center of the party, and suddenly a large amount of lightning jumps from it's back following the beam! But Jnezdie's blade catches the lightning, and drinks it. Refreshing [46 MP]
JayM: Argent!
Argent quirks an eyebrow, but not before firing off two more rapid-fire strikes at the turret! [Pummel, 25D]
Argent rolled 2#d100(1) and got 29 ( Total: 29 )
Also rolled 2#d100(2) and got 2 [Total: 2 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 31, Avg: 15.50
Jnezdie snorts a small amount of white mist from his nostrils and smiles.
JayM: That looks good, Argent
Argent rolled 1d8*1.25+156*1.25 and got 7 ( Total: 203.75 )
Argent rolled 1d8*2.25+156*2.25 and got 4 ( Total: 360.0 )
And Argent's fist at first bends it slightly on it's rotation axis, and then when she sweeps upwards with a kick, the weakned structure gives and is ripped off, the cannon toppling down from the base [KO]
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 14, 87 ( Total: 101 ) **
JayM: Interestingly… It's still unsafe to reach inside the Thor's Hammer, however, a cylindric device rolls out… It looks safe enough when you pick it up… I would not, in any circumstance touch those two bits of wire. [Charged Capacitor - Lightning Marble]
At this point, Sarah and Erinia come back "W-wow… You were awesome, Jnezdie!" says Sarah
Jnezdie openly laughs goodnaturedly! "Now that was kinda' different! Great job, everyone!"
Argent definitely isn't going to touch the damn wires. Bad enough that there was all that electricity on the inside.
Jack: "Hrmrmrmrm."
Erinia: "No surprise that the Rune Knights are mostly all gone, their techniques ARE pretty powerful"
Argent: "Don't think I've forgotten, Erinia."
Jnezdie nods to Sarah, grinning widely. "Aw, well, we let it blow up. But it worked out, yeah?"
Sarah: "Yes! You were awesome!"
Gavriel nods, slowly. "That… was excellent, yes." He's got no clue what it was, but- it pretty much saved their asses, that much is certain.
Jnezdie: "Didn't expect the first field usage o' that technique to be over somethin' that big."
Erinia: "I will- As soon as we find what we're looking for? Please?"
Erinia: "It's taken long enough…"
Jnezdie: "No better time than in the mess."
Argent: "No. You'll give answers while we go."
Further ahead… It leads you to a surprisingly well-preserved… Armory! It has a lot of weapons, mostly melee weapons, designs are quite old and- Gavriel you really CAN tell that 90% of those weapons? Definitely for show! But suitable enough for sparring
Erinia: "W-well… Okay…"
Sarah: "Aha! Not exactly right now, Argent! Seems like we hit the armory, great! What we're looking for might be here, hum… Look for any sort of weapon that looks fancy"
Argent: "…tch."
Gavriel gets… totally distracted as soon as they walk into the armory, dorking out over the weapons a little. Okay, more than a little. The designs, the workmanship, it's not like anything he's ever seen; can you blame him?
Argent looks over the weapons herself, keeping one eye on Erinia. Trying to see if there's anything that'll be…useful.
JayM: Indeed
Jnezdie: "Glowin', shiny, gem-encrusted, gleamin'— man. Too bad we're on a time limit— gonna be flippin' through more of this stuff if I get the chance."
Jnezdie crouches, handling some of the weapons, trying real hard to not mess with anything that doesn't seem -particularly- special… it's a hard row to hoe.
Argent is checking the edges and whatnotfunctional matters, it seems.
You look over the weaponry, and don't find anything that even looks liek what you're looking for- Wait, how will you even IDENTIFY what you're looking for? Regardless, it's Argent who comes up with something… A shortsword with a mechanical hilt, she can't ascertain what exactly the mechanical hilt is meant for but it looks like it has mobile parts, it's also red. As soon as she starts
JayM: inspecting that Sarah jumps at her "Ah- Argent, that one!"
[OOC] Jnezdie: "Warrior's instinct. Totally that."
Sarah: "… (I guess this is the famous Hero's luck?)… *ahem* That one might be it, let me look at it!"
Gavriel glances over at Jnezdie, nods. Someone understands!
JayM: You don't see or feel anything special about it at all
Argent: "…right, Sarah." She hands it over to the bangaa. "We've found what you're supposedly looking for, Erinia. So I think it's time to come clean. Something's off here, and I'm intending to find out what before we hand you what could be a notable weapon."
Erinia: "… This case is… Pretty bad"
Jack‘ rubs at his forehead again.
Erinia: "I… I was attempting to help two friends of mine who couldn’t have children together to do so…"
Erinia: "It… It was going to work, I know it! But… But I was careless, the experiment went haywire, everything went to hell… Or halfway, at least…"
Argent: "…hm. Convincing story, but that doesn't explain how you seem to have similar knowledge to Sarah."
Erinia raises her left hand "A child doesn't inherits just the body of the parents, but also the soul… Which is everything I got in this hand"
Jack: "Perhaps becvause every strange person we encounter knows Sarah, Argent."
Sarah: "Oh, right, I got that figured out, Argent"
Sarah: "She actually comes from roughly the same place I did, she actually got to meet the heroes of Goldstar 9!"
Jnezdie: "I'm with Jack on this one. Seriously, the last time we dealt with someone who didn't know 'er, it was one of the Heir's guys."
Sarah: "Also, hum… Aha… ahaha… Geez, Jack, hum… You make me feel like some sort of conspiracy thing"
Jnezdie: "Which, y'know
Sarah's friends are way better."
Erinia: "W-well… I don't really know her but I know the… Organization she works for"
Argent: "…" Argent facepalms, looking visibly frustrated. "So why didn't you tell us earlier, Sarah."
Jack: "Do you come from a strange, far away land. That peolpe that also come from there are strange is a given! And you are some … explorer, or protector of some renoun, fair maiden."
Sarah: "Because, hum… I only figured that out while we were hiding back there!"
Sarah: "Uhn.. Ahaha… I… I guess…"
Gavriel: "Does it matter, Argent? We simply need to follow her orders, trusts those whom she trusts, stand ready to protect her if things go wrong." .|
Jnezdie shrugs, awfully chill. "Aw I'm just makin' a Bangaa sweat, Arge. A'int a whole lot to get frustrated about at this junction, yeah?"
[OOC] Jack: you do^ haha mixed the words aruond
Erinia: "That's true, Sarah. One does not makes it to the elite knights of New Terra without some fame. I'm just sorry I haven't realized it sooner"
Erinia: "Now please… Can I have that blade? I don't know how long this little unborn soul will last, cradled as it is"
Argent: "Kggggh…Gavriel, part of protecting her includes dealing with potential threatsmasked or not. And certainly. Would've done so earlier if the situation was more clear."
Sarah hands Erinia the blade "Here"
Erinia nods to her, and takes a bit of distance from the party "Don't stay too close…" she holds her left hand over the flat of the blade, and everything starts to feel hot
Gavriel will readily admit that Sarah can be a bit too trusting. That's why he's got a very big gun and capable allies! He's not going to start second-guessing her, though. "Hn."
Jack‘ takes a good number of steps back.
Argent steps back as well
Jnezdie takes refuge amongst the weapons. This is a safe place, yes.
Suddenly, the very ground erupts into a burning inferno! Crimson flames from the ground to the ceiling, spreading all over like a castle in flames! Except, no matter how hot the flames are, they don’t seem to hurt you in the slightest… And blinded as you are by the brightness of the flames, you see a head of you a faint shadow of a great bird… And then suddenly the flames erupt
JayM: outwards, the light shockwave feeling like a breeze, and Erinia is left standing there, looking upwards "Uhn…" she looks tired, and she is holding the blade with litte strength "T-that… Took a lot"
Erinia slowly shuffles forward "Hrm… Okay… N-now i'm going to have to ask of you a rather large favor…"
Argent: "…That being?"
Jnezdie: "In for a gil in for a grand?"
Jack‘ scratches at this side of his face in thought.
Erinia raises the blade "I… I can’t make the trip back to heal Ragnarok's parents with him…"
Erinia: "To get there in time… I need to use a powerful teleportation spell and, that strain… It'd destroy the soul housed in this blade"
Erinia: "So i'd… Need you to babysit it, until we can come back for it"
Argent: "You expect us to stay here, or to carry it to where you want to?"
Erinia: "Just… Keep it with you, it will take me a very, very long time to heal them"
Erinia: "Maybe a whole… Cycle, was it you call them?"
Jack: "That is fine, miss."
Jnezdie newtype flashes. "Hey. Do you get many letters?"
Erinia: "T-the biggest problem is… This little soul, it needs to grow. And it's inside a tool. A tool without a purpose is stale and dead… This blade needs use, for whatever purpose you put it to, it needs a purpose to exist, or else the soul won't be alright"
Erinia smiles "Never"
Argent: "…Right, so basically we're talking 'use the sword'."
Erinia: "Yes"
Erinia pulls out from a pocket a cerulean-blue glove "B-but, when i'm done, this will let me find you" she extends the glove too
Gavriel nods again. That… shouldn't be hard, in their line of work.
Argent: "Guess I could diversify my repertoire." Argent shrugs.
Jnezdie: "I like 'forge it in the fires of a thousand battles, temper it with purpose' more, but."
Erinia: "It's… A useful tool, too, in a way"
Jack: "Hah, like anyone would trust you with a child's soul."
Argent: "It's a sword."
Sarah: "… Erinia they can't use that, it's a summoning tool, isn't it?"
Sarah: "The spatial tear would be dangerous here, it could attract lightning"
Argent quirks an eyebrow.
Jack: "I've little doubt that your baseless negativity and incredibly incorrect world view would corrupt it, somehow."
Erinia: "Ah, no big deal! It's a reduced-tear prototype… So it's not really possible to control which contract you get, but if you operate roughly under the same rules as lightning magic works"
Jnezdie: "Plus, I mean
it's a sword with a soul in it."
Jnezdie: "That a'int exactly up for debate, yeah?"
Jnezdie glances over to Erinia. "Same rules, like— don't stand outside and use it?"
Erinia: "Roughly, yes, don't use it too often outside, keep under cover"
Jnezdie: "(Well, I mean, you -could- but even the craziest o' TT's at least have a hackeneyed suit or somethin'.)"
Argent: "Works." Argent shrugs. "Honestly, it could do to learn some pragmatism."
Argent: "And a bit less in the way of theatrics."
Gavriel rolls his eye.
Jack: "What you practise, my dear, is not pragmatism, but foolishness and aggression to the extreme as compared to our often silly ways."
Erinia: "N-now…" she hands both to Sarah "I need to go…"
Argent: "Screw it, this is getting nowhere arguing with you. Gavriel, you get it."
Erinia walks away "Aha… Don't stay too close, again. Sort of dangerous" she says. She walks away, pulling a syringe out of a pocket and injecting it on her arm. She vanishes behind a corner… A moment, and a large explosion of energy (harmlessly away from you)
Sarah winces "(What was that…)"
Jnezdie shakes his head in sympathy.
Sarah: "Hum… Well…" she takes a few deep breaths "I guess we're… Going to play babysitter for a while!"
Jnezdie: "Somethin' like that! All we gotta do is feed it fights, and sister, we get into a lot of those."
JayM: Gained [Ragnarok, T*, Relic, Anima] - It grows with the party, currently one tier below it. Anima Property: Can pierce through almost all narrative defenses, nothing particularly special numberwise
JayM: Gained [Cerulean Sigil] - Reusable, uses a random ability from License Summoner, pay ALL the costs as if you had used it
Gavriel chuckles at Jnezdie.
Sarah takes a breath "Okay, I think" she looks around, there are three doorways in this armory, actually "We can actually continue on ahead from here, after you decide how to best handle Ragnarok"
Argent: "Since everyone seems to be opposed to letting me use it, I say Gavriel gets it." Argent comments, dryly.
Jnezdie: "I'm sure the little scamp'll learn a lot from all o' us, over time. Like how there a'int a thing alive with two hands and a blade that's better than me."
[OOC] JayM: +4000 XP/+3200 Gil/+9 AP
Jack: "Yes, because the Artificer is sure to put a sword to better use than the Swordsman."
JayM: Jnezdie, Ragnarok is (currently) a Sword
Jack: "Is there ever a single thought that passes thruogh your mind that is not fueled by hate, Argent?"
Argent: "Quite a few, actually."
Gavriel snorts. "I'd bore the poor thing to tears." He nods, in Jnezdie's direction, before staring at the doorways briefly. He's doing his best to ignore Argent and Jack, for the moment.
Jnezdie grins at Gav and nods in return.
Jack‘ shakes his head, before nodding to Sarah.
Jnezdie: "Yo, I’ll help the lil' guy."
Jnezdie: "Not like I'm ever outta a fight."
Argent rolls her eyes.
Sarah sighs "Argent you're lucky" she walks over to one of the doors "Really"
[OOC] JayM: Session End

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License