Sw21

Split Worlds - Session 21
The light drizzle outside, and the soft shine of the sun filtered through the clouds… A peaceful scene if there was ever one. The party had just now done the most unbeliavable of tasks (okay, perhaps not the most, but one of the top ten, surely), and now enjoyed their much needed rest. Everyone, except, perhaps, their one guest, Red.
The other Varg is sitting on a log, pensieve, looking up at the sky. His face is not sad, although worried.
Jack‘ lets out a loud yawn as he finally wakes up, some length of time after their latest impressive feat.
Sarah herself has seemingly not slept, although she did spend her time fidgeting with some of the leftover pieces of your latest superweapon
Jnezdie isn’t subtle or stealthy, the way he saunters on up, rolling his shoulders, cracking his neck, making a big show of limbering up.
Jnezdie: "I tell ya', nothin' like a fifty-meter recoil that brings about a good rest, eh?" He nudges the brooding varg.
Gavriel totally stayed up fiddling with the ridiculous rifle with Sarah. He also totally probably passed out for -quite- a while somewhere along the line, yeah, and is now curled up against a rock somewhere.
Jack: "And how!"
Red looks at Jnezdie (hopefully that's the correct one?) "That's true. Should have seen the experiment with the 'howitzer' system, though. Tiger's newest toy is pretty fun" he's not too broody, but otherwise takes a deep breath
Sarah has, it seems, decided to explain a few things about that weapon to Gavriel. Did he know about magnetic fields? Probably, but he probably never expected they could be used this way.
Jnezdie: "Aw, yeah? We'll have to check it out sometime. Until then, I think Gav's just about done chasing rabbits in his sleep." He turns to pack up what little he had left, pauses, then turns back. "Sadly, you know what kind I mean."
Red stifles a laugh "Yeah" he takes another deep breath "Hrm… How're you planning going on about now?"
Gavriel knew about magnetic fields, knew about the theories and potential- never knew you could actually /build/ one of those suckers. He's probably dreaming about railguns, really. At least, until he wakes up with a ponderous yawn, which is… right about now, really.
Jnezdie: "Well… there's another down to the North, just barely off the main lines o' skirmish, yeah? Gonna swing by there before gettin' to the capital and another ruin 'round there proper."
Jnezdie: "…least, what I remember. Our world savin' antics help the Passes flow right by, yeah?"
Red nods "I see… Hrm… Say, if you ever pass by Chocolat, and you can take her with you, would you please?"
Jnezdie grins wildly. "As if you had to ask, brother!"
Sarah smiles at Gavriel waking up "Guten murgen"
Red grins slightly, apparently he's one of those varg that knows how to smile without showing too many teeth "Good… I'm guessing the ethereals are expecting to hear of me soon… And one way or another I need to go back to the material kingdom, if I plan to get a rescue operation going…"
Gavriel stretches out, peers at Sarah, sort of half-waves. He's not good at mornings without Varg-sized coffee mugs, but what can you do? "Mmm. Morning."
Red: "And you people are apparently hunted here, I mean, look how far they went to try to get you. So me sticking around would be rather troublesome"
Jack: "Haha, perhaps."
Jnezdie: "Well, when you say it all like that, it seems like we're in trouble."
Jnezdie: "But for us, it's any other pass, yeah?"
Gavriel makes a sort of 'heh' noise.
Red: "True, true" he stands up, stretches and winces "Ah, well… I'd better be on the move, then"
Gavriel: "…take care, Red."
Jack‘ gives Red a wave, before playing a short ’moving on' song.
Red nods to Gavriel "You too, Gav. You too" he sighs and, picking up a sword (which he always had, and was laying on the ground beside him) walks away
Jnezdie: "See ya' at the crossroads."
Sarah: "I hope things turn out well for him… But, well… Onwards! Our next destination is northwards, until we reach the next ruin. We should pass by a city on the way, which we could either enter or avoid"
Jack: "Aye!"
Jnezdie shrugs. "Not like dippin' below the crust, hidin' from the sky kept anyone from finding us. May as well pay the city a visit."
Soon enough, the party continues to be on the move. It's interesting that now you realize the difference in weather between the two kingdoms, here it is colder, and now and then there slush, that is, rain and snow together. That is sort of rare, though, and only goes on for about a Rain during the travel. Oddly enough, it's about that time when the snow has stopped falling, and you're
JayM: struggling with the slush under your feet that you hear a whispered word in the air "…Worry…"
JayM: And this… Strange mist, that you only did notice as you heard that whisper
Jnezdie: "Huh?"
Jnezdie: "You guys say somethin'?"
Jack‘ has never been so glad for all the excess fur in all his life! Though the slushy mud is fairly awful. "No, some strange etheral voice did. Ah, voice! This is more annoying than worrying, really!
Jack: "
And you soon realize that there is no slushed trail behind you. And that you were not anywhere near pinetrees just a moment ago
JayM: Where even are you?
Jnezdie: "Uh… huh."
JayM: The view of the sky is blocked by the mist
Jack` scratches at the side of his face as he glances around to take in the scenery.
Jack: "…Nope! This certainly isn’t the first time we've ever gotten lost, hah! Still not worrying."
JayM: "…Friends…Still…"
Jnezdie: "Yeah I was about to say. Can't be that far off, 's not like we can lose North."
Jnezdie: "…"
JayM: What, like how you just did?
JayM: Something feels off, Jnezdie, and it is not the work of magic, somehow. But this is… Not natural
Jnezdie: "…huuuuuuuuuh."
Jnezdie: "Guys, pretty sure somethin' else other than takin' a wrong left is playin' with us, here."
You hear a clearer voice "Hello?!" and another voice "Tika?! Where are you?!"
Jnezdie: "I mean, I've heard of readin' a map upside down but"
JayM: Those are- Far more distinct than the ethereal voice from before, and seem to come from a direction
Jack: "Hmm."
JayM: "Anyone else out there?! I can hear you!"
JayM: Meanwhile the second voice continues to shout for Tika
Jnezdie cups his hands and shouts: "YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Gavriel has been in a more or less consistent state of 'growls, hackles raised' for quite some time now.
Jack: "Ghosts, perhaps? Well, maybe the first voice. The others sound more… solid."
A little bit of shouting… And you discern the direction it's coming from. You creep closer, and only notice the other group a moment after you have walked a step past them, almost performing a party-wide crash. It's a human man with a striking lime-green hair, a dwarf holding a sphere of light with his left hand, and a short Qu. The dwarf is wearing a robe with the symbol of a city
JayM: guard "More people?" says the dwarf
Jnezdie: "Whoa!"
The human looks around more, not really caring for you all "Have you seen a small human girl around here?"
Jnezdie shakes his head. "Naw, haven't. I heard someone shoutin' for a 'Tika,' but that's about it."
Jack‘ shakes his head.
The human nods at Jnezdie "Was me, probably. Can you spare a moment to assist?"
Jnezdie turns and raises his eyebrows at the party. "If it’s lookin' for the lost lil' lass, we can spare some waves, I think."
Jack: "But of course!"
Human: "We're looking for a small kid, Tika… She just went through as much loss as a 14-cycle-old could go through, a war orphan, also lost her older brother in the frontlines… She ran away from home, towards roughly this direction"
Gavriel nods. He isn't quite sure how much help they'll be, with this mist- and he's trying to stay quiet and unobtrusive, along with the hooded cloak he's wearing- but he can still nod. And frown.
Dwarf: "More important than that… We suspect that she was abducted. A few passes before running away, she was seen in the company of this… Odd white-furred beast of unknown origin. This mist also settled in the very same moment she decided to run"
Dwarf: "I presume, this is a misguidance artifice, and that she has been taken by a type of familiar spirit, but that much is conjuncture. Stay on your toes"
Dwarf: "The Ward Guardians thank you for your assistance, strangers. Careful not to get lost yourselves"
Jnezdie: "Sure thing. Name's Jnezdie. If I get lost too, you know what to yell."
Dorzan: "Dorzan. Now" he looks at his companions "Let's continue"
The other team dives into the fog again
Jnezdie scratches his head, then turns back to the party.
Jnezdie: "Okay. White-furred beasts that abduct kids. Whaddya we got?"
Gavriel frowns. "(What in the world is a misguidance artifice.)"
Jnezdie: "I mean
'spirit' yeah yeah but I hope it leaves footprints, y'know?"
Sarah: "I think he meant 'misdirection method'"
Jnezdie: "Ah."
Jnezdie: "Well, regardless— we gotta track down whatever stole her away."
JayM: Hrm… You could attempt to get somewhere here… Using Navigation. However, something- Something weird is going on, and while this weird fog seems to be actively trying to be on your way… Somehow, you get the feeling that it is ALSO actively trying to do the opposide
JayM: So a Navigation/Spiritual [TN 5] check could do it
Gavriel is good at exactly one side of that equasion. [Aptitude:Wilderness]
Jnezdie: "And yeah— this here fog isn't exactly natural or common."
Jnezdie: "I'm gettin' a feeling from it, ya' know?" [Aptitude: Wildreness] [Lucky: Scholastic]
Jack: "Hrmrmrmrmrmm. Well, we're not going to find anything just standing here, regardless!" Jack swings his lute around, fiddlign around with the tuning befre he starts to play. Maybe the music will throw the spirit off. [Aptitude] [Trick]
Argent keeps an ear— eye out. [Lucky]
[OOC] Jack: sugar why are you such a whiney bitch
Jack‘ rolled 3#d8+1(1) and got 4 ( Total: 5.0 ) **
Also rolled 3#d8+1(2) and got 8 [Total: 9.0 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 3#d8+1(3) and got 8 [Total: 9.0 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 23.0, Avg: 6.67
Jack` rolled 2d8 and got 2, 1 ( Total: 3 )
Also rolled 3#d8(1) and got 8 [Total: 8 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(2) and got 6 [Total: 6 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(3) and got 2 [Total: 2 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 19, Avg: 3.80
It feels odd, as you walk around you feel this weird… Touch, presence, from the mist. As if the mist itself guided you, and pushed you in the right direction. And you are at least certain you’re still in a physical place, at least, given how after a couple of circle trips you can make out slight hints in the trees. It takes a while, mind, because the farther you go the thicker the fog
JayM: becomes.
JayM: "It's because of the war…"
JayM: The sound of sobbing
JayM: "I know it's horrible, but maybe you could change it"
JayM: "C-could I?" a light, feminine, voice
JayM: "I could give you the power"
Jack: "HELLOOOOOOO~!"
Jnezdie halts! "Hey, yo! Thinkin' we found some lost people!"
And you slowly approach… Somewhere, and hear the sound of… A swing? The rusty noise of an old swing, moving just slightly. And in front of you, the ground is entirely coated in mist, with exception of a single path. Wether you follow it, or ignore it and go through the mist itself, a wall of darkness suddenly raises from the ground in front of you. And just had to be now, that the
JayM: mist seemed to start to get thinner
Gavriel frowns deeply. This is the sort of thing they tell scary nighttime stories about in the Material Kingdom.
Jack: "Hmm."
Jnezdie hops back, reaching for his katana!
JayM: It doesn't seems to be doing much of anything
JayM: But should you touch it… It has the consistency of water, and ripples as you touch. Putting your whole hand through, however, is unadvised. It hurts
Gavriel tries it, of course, and then swears loudly.
Jnezdie: "Either it doesn't want us past it, or" He walks forward, testing it with a finger. Ouch! He draws his hand back and shakes it.
JayM: Something feels familiar to Jnezdie… Whatever the source of this is, it's probably got roughly the same origins as his Dark Knight powers
JayM: You could probably do something about it with a Magic Lore [TN 5] check. But you'd have to tell me what you do. Or you could try something bolder and different, i'm open
Jnezdie: "…okay, not much more touchin' of walls, but I kinda got a way to deal with this kind of thing, yeah?"
Jnezdie: "…sort of."
JayM: "Do you want to make it all stop?"
JayM: "Y-yes…"
Jack: "Hm?"
JayM: "Then tell me-"
Gavriel shouts. "Tika! Is that you?"
Jnezdie draws his katana. "Uh, well, one'a two things. I can cut the wall thing like I'm cuttin' up some fool
it's kind of what I do normally, yeah?"
Jack: "Aye,
Jnezdie: "Oooooooooooor… I'm thinkin' I could get a different element flowin' against it: my technique is superb, power of the light is mine, yeah?"
Jnezdie: "Like a Holy Sword to beat back the shadow."
Jack: "Makes sense enough!"
Jnezdie: "Not like I make summonin' circles 'n stuff."
Jnezdie: "Thinkin' I better do it fast, though. Pull me back if I decide to scale the wall, yeah?"
Jack: "Of course."
Gavriel glances at Jnezdie. Thank heavens for small favours, although if there's anyone who could make the look work… "Hn. Right."
Jnezdie: "Brace yourselves!" He gently makes a ring around the hilt of his katana with his index finger and thumb— holding his hand in that position, moves it down over the blade. As his hand trails, a bright white glow encompasses the katana, pulsing gently.
Jnezdie twirls the katana upright, grabbing it tightly with both hands, sets his feet wide apart, and strikes down across the wall, preparing as if he were to cut steel!
Jack‘ rocks his head from side to side a few times, before settling on a song to play to boost Jnezdie’s power as he moves in to attack the wall.
Gavriel stands back, arms crossed, watching, impressed. If the wall attempts to eat Jnezdie he will take action.
JayM: Jnezdie, hrm… Solo Strength [TN 3] check
Jnezdie rolled 2d8 and got 6, 7 ( Total: 13 ) for trick physical
Also rolled 2#d8(1) and got 4 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Also rolled 2#d8(2) and got 6 [Total: 6 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 23, Avg: 5.75
Sliced open, the darkness within the wall is sliced apart, and with no darkness there is nothing but water in the wall itself! And the metal blade sunders the wall of water, collapsing a path open, and then the entire wall falls, like a miniature waterfall for a moment
Jnezdie: "And that's how it's done!"
Jack: "Oho!"
Gavriel is glad the wall did not attempt to eat Jnezdie.
Behind it… In a fog-filled park… An old, old park, a bit sad, too, perhaps
There are old toys laying against the ground, and the simple sound of the swing still moving "I wish I could stop the war…" says the voice of the child, looking so sad
Jack: "Ah, don't we all?"
Jnezdie sheathes his katana, slowly walking forward.
And as you approach, you see her sitting on a seat of a swing, a human girl with a violet hair, swinging just lightly, sadly. Beside her, sitting, a rather large white-furred beast- Despite the size it is undeniable cute, it's fur has an odd teardrop-shaped pink patter on it's back, it twiches an ear cutely at you as you appear.
JayM: Jnezdie you get the worst possible feeling looking at it
Jnezdie -glowers-, holding fast. "Hey." His voice is firm. "Tika." His eyes never leave the beast.
The kid stands up, and looks at you. She wears a white dress, tattered and damaged from running in the woods, in her hands a funeral wreath (equally damaged). She looks at you, although she doesn't seems to be at all there
Tika: "A-are you here for me…"
Gavriel stares at it. It's… disarmingly adorable, but- a demon like this would be. His gaze shifts to Tika. "There are people out there looking for you, people who care about you."
Jack: "Well, here to find you! No one likes being lost and alone in the woods."
She takes a fearful step back, and you notice… Water swirls around her
Jnezdie: "Yeah." Still staring at the beast.
Tika: "They… They're all going to die…"
Tika: "I can't let them die"
The beast tilts it's head at Jnezdie
Jnezdie: "Who's they."
Jack: "Who?"
Tika: "E-everyone I like…"
Jnezdie: "And who, is that." He nods once, towards the best.
Tika: "Lily… Uncle… T-they…" she starts shouting "As long as there's people fighting everyone is going to die!"
Tika: "I can't let them fight any more!"
Jack: "Well. It's true that eventually everyone dies, but, I can't imagine /everyone/ you like is going to pass away anytime soon, war or no. They generally keep the casualities low, even if the war itself is a positively absurd thing."
JayM: Let's see what you can do about this… The poor girl is in shock (and there are outside forces at work here). It'd be a terribly hard job to get her to calm down. A Charm [TN 7] might help… It might also not. She seems unstable, and the water swirling around her is vastly suspicious
Tika: "You don't understand! They all do! They're gone, they don't come back!"
Tika: "They did!"
Gavriel frowns. It's good to want to protect the people that you care about, and he'd say that to her, except- that very impulse has pulled her towards the demon. "…it's good to want to end the war, and protect the people you care about." He's not very good at being reassuring- or anything other than gravelly, really. "But you have to do it the right way."
Tika: "T-they just have to stop fighting!"
Jack‘ scratches at the side of his face.
Jack: "Well, if you’ve got any ideas on how to make a bunch of imbaciles stop trying to one up one another without doing the same thing that has upset you - killing scores upon scores of people - I am all ears little lady."
Jnezdie still watching the beast carefully, locking eyes with it.
The beast blinks at Jnezdie
JayM: Something feels horribly familiar on it
Tika: "They just- They just need to stop! I know I can do it!"
Jack: "As I said, I'm all ears." Jack spreads his arms in front of himself, palms up.
Tika: "I…" she closes her eyes, a creepy smile in her face "I have the power of going there I can… I can just make them stop fighting…"
The water swirls faster around her "I just need to…" she looks up
Gavriel shakes his head. "That's… not the right way, Tika."
Tika: "The funeral wreath I hold gives courage to my trembling hands, I will replicate the ancient spells I dreamt in my youth, I will see you smile and harness the power to obliterate God Herself!"
And the water around her spirals in a powerful tornado
Jack: "Hmm. That doesn't sound terrible like 'not becoming the thing which you hate most', Tika." Jack shakes his head. "While the end of a tale form an anti-hero's story can be satifying, their storying on the whole are often unfufilling."
JayM: Too bad Nama isn't here, because this is what Argent hears: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSX3qrNittw&feature=related
Jnezdie: "…yeah I'm fairly sure that whole sentence is outta her normal education."
Jnezdie: "Don't figure I had to tell anyone, but that beast-thing is the worst o' news."
At this moment, Jnezdie sees the white beast grin devily, it turns, dissolving into water- And he knows, Celerian, he can't see him, but a giant bird flies off- He knows that one, that transformation of the man
Jnezdie: "…"
Jnezdie: "…ahahahah."
Jnezdie: "Oh, that -asshole-."
Jnezdie grins wickedly.
Jack: "…?"
Jnezdie: "I was wonderin' why there was all this water about!"
The water then dies down, and is entirely enveloping the girl, two great wings of water behind her back, the wreath over her head like a halo, also enveloped in water, in her hands, a bow made of pure water… "Shh…" she seems entirely lost
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Argent [F]:2 "Purifier" [F]:2 Jack [B]:3 Jnezdie [F]:5
JayM: Gavriel!
Jnezdie: "Don't hold back."
Jnezdie: "Celerian's behind this."
Jack: "…The spirit is crontrolling the girl, then?"
Jnezdie: "A'int no spirit— one'a the Heir's buddies."
Jnezdie: "So…yeah, you can say she's bein' controlled."
Jack: "…" Jack scowls. "Well, do take care to not cut the poor thing in talk."
[OOC] Jack: in half^
Jnezdie inhales deeply.
Jnezdie: "Yeah. Phoenix save me if I do."
Gavriel frowns. Shakes off his cloak, draws his hand cannon, sights along the edge. There's got to be a place to shoot to break the magic's control over the girl… [Wide Scan D29]
Gavriel stares, he's never seen anything like it before, at all- But what is this- This whispering… A strange whisper, which he knows only he can hear, what is this voiceless whisper- Is this, perhaps, that second hearing like the Viera have? You somehow know whoever whispers this to you is going above and beyond what is natural to do so…
"Purifier" - Level 20 Hard Boss 'Angel' - HP: 7440/MP: 290 - A: Water - I: Battle Enders - This whisper… A sacrifice, this is. A sacrifice, your life, to accomplish one last goal… All the power the world can grant you. And only that same power can save her from the sacrifice, the power of the Angelic. This- Why do you know this- This, is how a Water Elemental is born. [Can only be
JayM: killed by an Angelic]
JayM: Argent!
Gavriel boggles at it with his good eye. "What th…" He takes a step back. "…Water Elemental… this is… there's only one way to save her, an Angelic…" He shakes his head. How does he know that?
Jnezdie: "Wha-? Uh… okay!"
Argent steals! [Steal Item, 30D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 87 ( Total: 87 ) for 85
Gavriel: "This… this is how a Water Elemental is born. A sacrifice, life for desire, for power…"
JayM: Something- Almost, but nothing
Jack: "Hrmrmrm."
Purifier floats gently, and flaps it's wings once as a halo of light forms around it [Angel's Reckoning]. Protect/Regen(4)
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ swings his lute around and begins to play a valor minute! [47D] [Brave (4)]
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:24 Argent [F]:27 "Purifier" [F]:28 Jack [B]:45
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie swings his katana about, and the dull sound of a clock winding down is heard. [Slow Sword, 34D]
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel glances at the being of magic. He’s got a trick for that… [Silence Buster D59]
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 19 ( Total: 19 ) for CoS 105 if it matters
JayM: A hit!
Gavriel rolled d8+117 and got 8 ( Total: 125.0 ) for Silence (2), 55 CoS Blind… (4)? I think?
Also rolled 1d100 and got 13 [Total: 13 (Low), Avg: 13.00]
Total: 138.0, Avg: 10.50
Gavriel's shot strikes true, inflicting Silence(2) and Blind(4)
JayM: Oh I forgot one thing in her Scan earlier
JayM: LP: 100
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 "Purifier" [F]:1 Jnezdie [F]:7 Jack [B]:18 Gavriel [B]:56
JayM: Argent!
Argent pummels the elemental! [Pummel, 30D]
Jnezdie rolled 2d100 and got 45, 19 ( Total: 64 ) for 70
Jnezdie rolled 2#d10+80(1) and got 10 ( Total: 90.0 )
Also rolled 2#d10+80(2) and got 10 [Total: 90.0 (High), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 180.0, Avg: 10.00
JayM: Her fists connect twice against the water, untouching the child within
Purifier, now soundless, gently floats down and aligns herself with Jnezdie, and draws the string on the watery bow, slowly, energy gathers at the tip of the arrow [Purifying Arrow, CT30]
At the same time, a single sphere of water materializes in front of Argent, changes into the form of a sword, and drives itself on her [Driver Impact] [X-Action]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 71 ( Total: 71 )
JayM rolled 1d8+108 and got 4 ( Total: 112.0 )
JayM: Physical Melee damage to the bunny
[OOC] Jnezdie: melee-ish?
JayM: Yes
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 24 ( Total: 24 ) for 70
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+120 and got 5 ( Total: 125.0 )
JayM: That will happen in 30 ticks >_>
JayM: Sorry for that, error mine
[OOC] Jnezdie: okiedokie
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Jack [B]:11 Argent [F]:23 "Purifier" [F]:24 Gavriel [B]:49
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie puts up his guard! [Defend, 29D]
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ defends for now! [23D]
JayM: Argent again!
Argent’s punchlust will not be sated! [Pummel, 30D]
Jnezdie rolled 2d100 and got 81, 76 ( Total: 157 ) for 70/5
JayM: Nope
"Purifier" gently lets go of the arrow, which shoots as a powerful wave of piercing light right through Jnezdie. And then waves her arms open, and then a wave of water comes from her wings, falling to the ground like a waterfall and washing the party [Purifier Arrow] [Spread the Word]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 85 ( Total: 85 )
Also rolled 4d100 and got 40, 39, 90, 88 [Total: 257 (High), Avg: 64.25]
Total: 342, Avg: 68.40
JayM: Good thing you're fast, Jnezdie, and she can't see either. Same for the whole party, which manages to avoid the water
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Jack [B]:5 Gavriel [B]:20 Argent [F]:24 "Purifier" [F]:39
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie rushes at the Angelic, and sheets of darkness slide off of his katana. He got the all clear from Gavriel, so he puts his all into this strike! [Soul Eater, 59D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 ) for 85/15
JayM: A slash right across the midsection! Except, a milimiter too short of hte target
JayM: Jack!
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 581/787, MP: 115/193, LP: 130/300, SoS: 196 - Brave (2),Slow Sword (5)
[OOC] Jnezdie: Argent— HP 623/786 | MP: 155 / 155 | LP: 107/300 | Brave (2)
Jack‘ raises a katana high into the air befoer swinging down at the gorund, shattering it in half as a wave of energy rips itself free.
Jack` rolled d6*1.25+140*1.25 and got 5 ( Total: 181.25 )
[OOC] Jack: 32D
JayM: HEals I presume
JayM: Gavriel!
[OOC] Jack: N…no that’s asura
[OOC] Jnezdie: you were not exactly clear
[OOC] Jnezdie: also you heal for exactly how much you hurt
[OOC] Jack: that's how I've flavored asura's attack every single time. ?_?
JayM: I fail
[OOC] Jack: also none of us are even hurt?
JayM: I haven't been GMing for two weeks, eat me
JayM: (please)
[OOC] Gavriel: Listen I know Jack is sexy and all but we can't all pay attention all the time
Gavriel steadies his aim, emptying packets of toxins into channels of his gun. [CT 10]
JayM: Loading, loading, loading~
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:6 Jack [B]:13 "Purifier" [F]:15 Jnezdie [F]:35
JayM: Argent!
Argent zips to the side of the Purifier and elbows it! [Blindside, 38D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 89 ( Total: 89 ) for 85/5
JayM: A perfect strike, terribly innefective
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel fires off a shot! [Vitals Shot D49]
Gavriel rolled d8+117 and got 1 ( Total: 118.0 ) for 70 CoS whatever status, 55 CoS Blind (4) refresh
Also rolled 1d6 and got 3 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 1d100 and got 19 [Total: 19 (Low), Avg: 19.00]
Also rolled 1d100 and got 73 [Total: 73 (High), Avg: 73.00]
Total: 213.0, Avg: 24.00
[OOC] Gavriel: That's Sap (4)
The strike hits- Something odd- As it strikes a strange arcane circle appears under the Purifier. And water starts to flow away from it and into the circle. Sap(4)
JayM: Was it something you hit, or some of the venoms?
Gavriel: "…hn."
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 "Purifier" [F]:2 Jnezdie [F]:22 Argent [F]:25 Gavriel [B]:42
JayM: Jack!
[OOC] Jnezdie: Argent— HP 623/786 | MP: 155 / 155 | LP: 107/300 | Brave (1)
Jack‘ sings [Life Song] Because Jnezdie doesn’t know how to not go all out! [47D]
Jack‘ rolled 6d10*1.25+112*1.25 and got 3, 10, 7, 3, 5, 9 ( Total: 186.25 )
JayM: Battle order: "Purifier" [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:20 Argent [F]:23 Gavriel [B]:40 Jack [B]:45
JayM: Status for "Purifier" [F]: Protect(2) Regen(2) Silence(1) Blind(3) Sap(4)
Purifier gently sways again and flies slightly higher, and points at Jack as a sphere of water appears in front of him, it changes to the form of a lance and strikes at him! At the same time, water pours from it’s wings and flows like a waterfall towards the party [Driver Impact] [Spread the Word]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 55 ( Total: 55 )
Also rolled 4d100 and got 52, 68, 52, 53 [Total: 225 (High), Avg: 56.25]
Total: 280, Avg: 56.00
JayM: Nothing hits at ALL damned blind
Jack: "Ha ha!"
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Argent [F]:3 Gavriel [B]:20 "Purifier" [F]:24 Jack [B]:25
JayM: Status for "Purifier" [F]: Protect(1) Regen(1) Blind(2) Sap(3)
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie exhales, sweeping around for another shadow shattering strike! [Soul Eater, 59D]
Gavriel: "…I won't let you hurt anyone, Tika. And I won't let what's controlling you make you do something you'll regret…"
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 ) for 85/15
JayM: Not much luck today, shadow-man
JayM: Argent!
Argent throws more sidelining elbows! [Blindside, 38D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 45 ( Total: 45 ) for 85/5
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+120 and got 7 ( Total: 127.0 ) for prot, brave, next is blindsided
JayM: A strike, not across it's side, but a jumping strike hitting the halo- Seems to make the Purifier loose it's direction!
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 "Purifier" [F]:4 Jack [B]:5 Argent [F]:21 Jnezdie [F]:39
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel keeps it silenced! [Silence Buster D59]
Gavriel rolled d8*1.25+117*1.25 and got 1 ( Total: 147.5 ) for Silence (2), 55 CoS Blind (4)
Also rolled 1d100 and got 48 [Total: 48 (Low), Avg: 48.00]
Total: 195.5, Avg: 24.50
JayM: A trick to silence your foes! And blind them at the same time
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 836/836, MP: 21/143, LP: 144/300, SoS: 209 - Brave (2)
The Purifier looks at the party and smiles [Limit Break: The Arrows of Evanescence - 150 LP]
She aims upwards, and fires a single arrow, that vanishes midair. And then then arrows start appearing above the party, one by one, made of crimson water, they strike down, in rapid succession, striking again and again and again in an endless rain
JayM rolled 4d100 and got 63, 15, 29, 72 ( Total: 179 )
JayM rolled 1d8*0.75+180*0.75 and got 1 ( Total: 135.75 )
JayM: Gavriel and Jack are struck for 135 Physical Melee damage
Then, silvery arrows also fall on her, each strike the water shining golden
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 38 ( Total: 38 )
JayM: Tsk
JayM rolled 1d8+108 and got 7 ( Total: 115.0 )
[OOC] JayM: +115 HP
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ slides back down into the valor minute! [32D] [Brave (4)]
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Argent [F]:16 Jnezdie [F]:34 "Purifier" [F]:40 Gavriel [B]:54
JayM: Status for "Purifier" [F]: Blind(1) Sap(2)
[OOC] Gavriel: It… should be blinded for 3 and silenced for 1 still, no?
JayM: Yes it should
JayM: My bad
[OOC] Gavriel: np <3
JayM: Jack!
[OOC] Jack: uhhh I’m almost positive I'm not getting two actions in a row with as fast as argent attacks
JayM: … Oh I missed the Brave
JayM: Argent!
[OOC] Jnezdie: er, what's the real inits
Argent is a flurry of punches and kicks! [Pummel, 30D]
Jnezdie rolled 2d100 and got 65, 50 ( Total: 115 ) for 85/5
JayM: Striking!
JayM: Two hits
Jnezdie rolled 2#1d10*1.25+80*1.25(1) and got 3 ( Total: 103.75 )
Also rolled 2#1d10*1.25+80*1.25(2) and got 9 [Total: 111.25 (High), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 215.0, Avg: 6.00
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Jnezdie [F]:0 "Purifier" [F]:6 Argent [F]:12 Gavriel [B]:20
JayM: Jack!
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 570/787, MP: 115/193, LP: 130/300, SoS: 196 - Brave (4),Slow Sword (4)
[OOC] Jnezdie: Argent— HP 786/786 | MP: 155 / 155 | LP: 115/300 | Brave (3)
Jack‘ pulls out a different brand of katana, slamming it into the ground blade first, before it disintigates and begins to suck in mana from the purifier. [32D]
Jack` rolled 2d10*1.25+52*1.25 and got 8, 2 ( Total: 77.5 ) for MP Damage
JayM: Jnezdie too, since it’s synch init!
JayM: But [77] regardless!
Jnezdie rushes to Gavriel's side, snaps on a pair of gloves and opens the automed! "Y' know, I've been -waiting- for a reason to use this in a combat." He does some funky stuff between the automed and a Tincture, and hands it to the varg! "Drink up!" [Item, 34D] [Powered Potion Lore: recover 80 MP]
Jack: "Gahaha, you're still lugging that thing around in easy reach?"
JayM: A couple of buttons, the automed shakes up the Tincture and adds a silvery liquid to it. Tastes like orange syroup, Gavriel
Jnezdie: "I think it's kinda cool, yeah? Like if I wasn't a roamin' swordsman I'd be a roamin' surgeon. Same amount o' cuttin', as far as I see it."
JayM: Also, might this be the first time you ever had your MP recovered? It is
Gavriel tilts his head to the side, guzzles the contents of the bottle. Eartwitches.
Jack: "Hahaha!"
Gavriel sneezes, abruptly.
Purifier points it's bown downwards, nocking two watery arrows at the same time [Purifier Arrow] [Purifier Arrow] [CT60]
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:8 Jack [B]:20 Jnezdie [F]:22 "Purifier" [F]:54
JayM: Argent!
Argent sneaks around the back of Purifier and does a leaping knee to its back! [Blindside, 38D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 71 ( Total: 71 ) for 85/5
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*1.25+120*1.25 and got 2 ( Total: 152.5 )
JayM: Kicking Purifier in the back and tilting it oddly in the air…
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel throws his head back and howls, and the drizzling rain converges on a focal point, a circle surrounding the Purifier. [CT 10, which is now:]
Gavriel aims along his gun with his useless, ruined eye, shooting the wheel of water, which collapses onto the Purifier! [Angelic: Sunder the Wheel]
Gavriel rolled d8*1.5+153*1.5 and got 6 ( Total: 238.5 ) for 55 CoS Blind (4), unavoidable physical MP damage
Also rolled 1d100 and got 80 [Total: 80 (High), Avg: 80.00]
Total: 318.5, Avg: 43.00
[OOC] Gavriel: D49, sorry!
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 570/787, MP: 115/193, LP: 130/300, SoS: 196 - Brave (4),Slow Sword (4)
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 570/787, MP: 115/193, LP: 130/300, SoS: 196 - Brave (3),Slow Sword (3)
The wheel crashes on her, and her entire body jerks, the wings are not longer as defined and she trembles [238]
[OOC] Jnezdie: Argent— HP 786/786 | MP: 155 / 155 | LP: 115/300 | Brave (2)
And as the water crashes through, her arrows too are crushed. She shakily looks at the party- Tika is crying, but smiling creepily… Have you ever seen someone who accepted death? She spreads her arms, and two spheres of water appear in the air, one in front of Gavriel and one in front of Jnezdie. The one in frnt of Gavriel turns into the form of an old flintlock rifle, and the one in
JayM: front of Jnezdie of a sword, and they both strike [Driver Impact]x2
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 56, 36 ( Total: 92 )
JayM: Hitting Jnezdie for
JayM rolled 1d8+108 and got 1 ( Total: 109.0 )
JayM: 109 Physical Melee damage
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 481/787, MP: 115/193, LP: 140/300, SoS: 196 - Brave (3),Slow Sword (3)
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Jnezdie [F]:2 Argent [F]:10 "Purifier" [F]:31 Gavriel [B]:47
JayM: Status for "Purifier" [F]: Blind(2) Sap(1)
JayM: Jack!
Jack plays a song of life and peace. [Life Song, 47D]
Jnezdie rolled 6d10*1.25+112*1.25 and got 10, 1, 5, 1, 4, 5 ( Total: 172.5 )
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Argent [F]:8 "Purifier" [F]:29 Gavriel [B]:45 Jack [B]:45
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie darts toward the Purifier, slicing normally! [Attack, 59D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 73 ( Total: 73 ) for 85/15
Gavriel dodges out of the way, steps back, tries to meet Tika's eyes. "This isn't the way to end the war. I know you can hear us, Tika, and you've got more to do than throw your life away like this. The world needs people like you, who want to end the war…"
JayM: Strike!
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*1.25+264*1.25 and got 2 ( Total: 332.5 ) for 60 CoS Slow (6)
Also rolled 1d100 and got 37 [Total: 37 (Low), Avg: 37.00]
Total: 369.5, Avg: 19.50
Jnezdie: "Slowin' down, is it?"
Jnezdie: "Sorry about this, kid— but we got a plan."
[OOC] JayM: 332] damage, that's a wow
Jnezdie: "It's gonna require you hitting us a lot less, though."
The slice- Never reaches Tika herself, but cuts a chunk of the water away
JayM: (she might not even be listening to you)
JayM: Argent!
Jnezdie doesn't speak with his mouth. He speaks with his -soul-.
Gavriel is operating under the assumption that she is, of course, even if she gives no indication that this is the case.
Argent speaks with her fists! [Pummel, 30D]
Jnezdie rolled 2d100 and got 27, 8 ( Total: 35 ) for 85/5
[OOC] Jnezdie: er, more like 70/5, but you get the idea
JayM: Two powerful strikes!
Jnezdie rolled 2#1d10*1.25+80*1.25(1) and got 7 ( Total: 108.75 )
Also rolled 2#1d10*1.25+80*1.25(2) and got 10 [Total: 112.5 (High), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 221.25, Avg: 8.50
JayM: Battle order: "Purifier" [F]:0 Argent [F]:9 Gavriel [B]:16 Jack [B]:16 Jnezdie [F]:30
JayM: Status for "Purifier" [F]: Slow(6) Blind(2) Sap(1)
Purifier materializes now a sphere of water in front of Jack, it takes the form of a pistol, and fires. At the same time, a waterfall of water falls from her wings [Driver Impact] [Spread the Word]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 43 ( Total: 43 )
Also rolled 4d100 and got 30, 28, 16, 85 [Total: 159 (Low), Avg: 39.75]
Total: 202, Avg: 40.40
JayM: Absolute Miss Syndrone
JayM: Argent!
Argent nimbly evades and shoves the Purifier into the line of fire of Gavriel! [Blindside, 37D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 89 ( Total: 89 ) for 85/5
JayM: Sequential Evasion, Purifier evades her as well!
JayM: Gavriel!
JayM: And Jack
Gavriel shakes his head, sternfaces, loads two shots and fires. [Double Shot D49]
Gavriel rolled 2#d8*1.25+58*1.25(1) and got 6 ( Total: 80.0 ) for 55 CoS Blind (4)
Also rolled 2#d8*1.25+58*1.25(2) and got 2 [Total: 75.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 2d100 and got 42, 3 [Total: 45 (Low), Avg: 22.50]
Total: 200.0, Avg: 13.25
JayM: Blindness is a gift
Jack‘ holds a katana above his head, then slams it into the ground to shatter the blade and send the energy flying into the water wings. [Asura] [32D]
Jack` rolled d6*1.25+140*1.25 and got 6 ( Total: 182.5 )
[OOC] JayM: 182]!
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Argent [F]:10 Jack [B]:18 "Purifier" [F]:22 Gavriel [B]:35
Jnezdie follows up on their strikes with a shadow-splitting strike! [Soul Eater, 59D]
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for 85/15
JayM: Look what you get now
[OOC] Jnezdie: hey sailor
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*2.25+528*2.25 and got 3 ( Total: 1194.75 ) for 60 CoS Slow (6)
Also rolled 1d100 and got 5 [Total: 5 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 1199.75, Avg: 4.00
You strike with your katana- A strange force- No, the very mist itself seems to aid you, a force which adds itself to your own as you swing and as you strke- The strangest feeling… Through this clash two different entieties, one helping you- serving you- and another against you- serving another force- The droplets of water at the tip of your blade, the water that soaks your hair- The
JayM: water which coats her body, which gives her power [1199]
JayM: Argent!
Argent won’t be outdone! [Pummel, 30D]
Jnezdie rolled 2d100 and got 88, 90 ( Total: 178 ) for 70/5
JayM: Sadly Jnezdie strike was so strong it kind of threw Purifier out of Argent's range
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ sings the life song to keep Jnezdie going strong! [47D]
Jack` rolled 6d10*1.25+112*1.25 and got 9, 2, 9, 10, 8, 10 ( Total: 200.0 )
JayM: Battle order: "Purifier" [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:13 Argent [F]:18 Jnezdie [F]:37 Jack [B]:43
JayM: Status for "Purifier" [F]: Slow(5) Blind(4)
Purifier materializes two more weapons in front of Jnezdie [Driver Impact] x2
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 40, 42 ( Total: 82 )
JayM: Wow, two hits even under blind
JayM rolled 2#1d8+108(1) and got 6 ( Total: 114.0 )
Also rolled 2#1d8+108(2) and got 4 [Total: 112.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 226.0, Avg: 5.00
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 470/787, MP: 115/193, LP: 160/300, SoS: 196 - Brave (2),Slow Sword (2)
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel: "Hn."
[OOC] Gavriel: Inits?
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Argent [F]:5 Jnezdie [F]:24 "Purifier" [F]:24 Jack [B]:30
Gavriel lines up a shot, jamming everything past the safety boundaries, fires- knocked back and dazed. [Full Assault D49]
Gavriel rolled d8*1.25+234*1.25 and got 3 ( Total: 296.25 ) for 55 CoS to refresh Blind
Also rolled 1d100 and got 20 [Total: 20 (Low), Avg: 20.00]
Total: 316.25, Avg: 11.50
A powerful strike!
JayM: More blind
JayM: Argent!
Argent tries to throw the Purifier back down closer to the ground! [Blindside, 37D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 43 ( Total: 43 ) for 85/5
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*1.25+120*1.25 and got 1 ( Total: 151.25 )
Jnezdie glows with a red aura as the Purifier plummets, and with an arcing slash— [Night Sword, 59D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 ) for 85/15
[OOC] Jnezdie: Argent— HP 786/786 | MP: 155 / 155 | LP: 119/300 | Brave (0)
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 470/787, MP: 90/193, LP: 160/300, SoS: 196 - Brave (1),Slow Sword (1)
JayM: A valient striek by Argent, sadly wasted by Jnezdie
One more weapon aimed at Jnezdie, and a flood of water once again [Driver Impact] [Spread the Word]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 89 ( Total: 89 )
Also rolled 4d100 and got 22, 56, 34, 20 [Total: 132 (Low), Avg: 33.00]
Total: 221, Avg: 44.20
JayM: More missing, geezards
JayM: Almost on purpose
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Argent [F]:12 Gavriel [B]:19 "Purifier" [F]:46 Jnezdie [F]:53
JayM: Jack!
Jack` sings a valor minute once more! [47D] [Brave (4)]
JayM: Argent once and again
Argent strikes twice! [Pummel, 30D]
Jnezdie rolled 2d100 and got 63, 69 ( Total: 132 ) for 70/5
Jnezdie rolled 2#1d10*1.25+80*1.25(1) and got 8 ( Total: 110.0 )
Also rolled 2#1d10*1.25+80*1.25(2) and got 9 [Total: 111.25 (High), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 221.25, Avg: 8.50
JayM: Another large set of damage!
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Argent [F]:23 "Purifier" [F]:27 Jack [B]:28 Jnezdie [F]:34
JayM: GAvriel!
Gavriel shakes himself awake!
[OOC] Gavriel: 35D
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 "Purifier" [F]:4 Jack [B]:5 Jnezdie [F]:11 Gavriel [B]:12
JayM: Argent
Argent won’t let up! [Pummel, 30D]
Jnezdie rolled 2d100 and got 49, 90 ( Total: 139 ) for 70/5
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*1.25+80*1.25 and got 6 ( Total: 107.5 )
JayM: Only one this time
JayM: Battle order: "Purifier" [F]:0 Jack [B]:1 Jnezdie [F]:7 Gavriel [B]:8 Argent [F]:26
JayM: Status for "Purifier" [F]: Slow(3) Blind(3)
Purifier summons two more weapons to strike at both Jack and Jnezdie
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 36, 21 ( Total: 57 )
JayM rolled 1d8+108 and got 2 ( Total: 110.0 ) for Jnezdie and Jack
Also rolled 1d8*0.75+108*0.75 and got 3 [Total: 83.25 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 193.25, Avg: 2.50
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 380/787, MP: 90/193, LP: 170/300, SoS: 196 - Brave (4),Slow Sword (1)
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ goers back to singing the song of life! [47D]
Jack` rolled 6d10*1.25+112*1.25 and got 5, 10, 1, 9, 8, 1 ( Total: 182.5 )
Jnezdie: "C’mon, c'mon!" He dances to the side and swings at the Purifier again, with another red aura! [Night Sword, 59D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 44 ( Total: 44 ) for 85/15
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*1.25+264*1.25 and got 7 ( Total: 338.75 ) for 60 CoS Slow (6)
Also rolled 1d100 and got 38 [Total: 38 (Low), Avg: 38.00]
Total: 376.75, Avg: 22.50
JayM: Good damage there!
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 787/787, MP: 65/193, LP: 170/300, SoS: 196 - Brave (3)
[OOC] Jnezdie: Argent— HP 786/786 | MP: 155 / 155 | LP: 127/300 | Brave (2)
[OOC] JayM: 338]- But wait- Something is strange at this- The red aura draws on more htan life-force but a strange, familiar energy… [20 LP
JayM: Gavriel!
Jnezdie: "…that's a new feelin'."
Jack: "Hm?"
Gavriel frowns. "What is it?"
Jnezdie: "Ah, well… normally it's like I take a bit o' the pain I dealt out, and reverse it, healin' myself."
Jnezdie: "But this… don't know. It felt like that, and then a little bit'a something else, too."
Gavriel lines up a shot, taking his time. [CT10, which is now?]
Jnezdie: "Feels pretty good, actually."
JayM: It IS now!
Jnezdie: "Like it's been with my blood my whole life."
Gavriel fires! [Vitals Shot D49]
Jack‘ raises an eyebrow.
Gavriel rolled d8*1.25+117*1.25 and got 1 ( Total: 147.5 ) for 70 CoS some status, 55 CoS Blind (4)
Also rolled 1d6 and got 3 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 1d100 and got 79 [Total: 79 (High), Avg: 79.00]
Also rolled 1d100 and got 47 [Total: 47 (Low), Avg: 47.00]
Total: 276.5, Avg: 32.50
JayM: Jnezdie it’s- It's a strange energy that feels the warmth of the arms of your mother- Like the warmth of a good cup of coffee in a beautiful pass- Like the warmth of your blankets on a cold pass
JayM: What status, Gav-boy
[OOC] Jnezdie: sap 4
[OOC] Jack: don't matter it missed
JayM: Oh, right
[OOC] Jnezdie: also that yeah
JayM: Argent!
Argent brings the pain! [Pummel, 30D]
Jnezdie rolled 2d100 and got 94, 41 ( Total: 135 ) for 70/5
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*1.25+80*1.25 and got 7 ( Total: 108.75 )
Purifier spreads it's wings again and lets the water flow [Spread the Word] x2
JayM rolled 2#4d100(1) and got 64, 85, 94, 25 ( Total: 268 )
Also rolled 2#4d100(2) and got 68, 34, 7, 68 [Total: 177 (Low), Avg: 44.25]
Total: 445, Avg: 55.62
JayM: Everyone but Gavriel escapes and even then, just a single hit
JayM rolled 1d8+180 and got 2 ( Total: 182.0 )
JayM: 182 Physical Ranged damage, Lock(4)!
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ hefts a katana into the air, before shattering it against the ground! [Asura] [32D]
Jack` rolled d6*1.25+140*1.25 and got 3 ( Total: 178.75 )
[OOC] JayM: 178]!
JayM: Argent!
Argent senses weakness and continues to pummel! [Pummel, 30D]
Jnezdie rolled 2d100 and got 80, 91 ( Total: 171 ) for 70/5
JayM: Nnnope
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:1 Jack [B]:14 Argent [F]:20 "Purifier" [F]:33
JayM: Jnezdie and Gavriel!
Jnezdie charges to the fore, shadow rippling off his katana! [Soul Eater, 59D]
JayM: In that order
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 99 ( Total: 99 ) for 85/15
JayM: Nope :D
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel: "Give up already! You will not claim this life this day!" [Full Assault D49]
Gavriel rolled d8*1.25+234*1.25 and got 6 ( Total: 300.0 ) for 55 Blind
Also rolled 1d100 and got 37 [Total: 37 (Low), Avg: 37.00]
Total: 337.0, Avg: 21.50
JayM: Even more blindness!
JayM: Jack!
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 654/836, MP: 101/143, LP: 86/300, SoS: 209 - Brave (2),Lock (3),Sleep (1)
Jack` shatters another katana against the ground! [32D]
Jack` rolled d6*1.25+140*1.25 and got 5 ( Total: 181.25 )
JayM: More damage!
JayM: Argent!
Argent pummels! [Pummel, 30D]
Jnezdie rolled 2d100 and got 52, 86 ( Total: 138 ) for 70/5
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*1.25+80*1.25 and got 8 ( Total: 110.0 )
[OOC] Jnezdie: Argent— HP 786/786 | MP: 155 / 155 | LP: 131/300 | Brave (0)
JayM: Battle order: "Purifier" [F]:0 Jack [B]:13 Gavriel [B]:17 Argent [F]:17 Jnezdie [F]:26
JayM: Status for "Purifier" [F]: Slow(1) Blind(4)
Purifier continues with the waves of water [Spread the Word] x2
[OOC] Jnezdie: julian I am fairly certain its slow should be way higher than that
JayM: Right you procked a second time >_<
JayM: My bad i’m getting bad at this
JayM rolled 2#4d100(1) and got 94, 33, 92, 76 ( Total: 295 )
Also rolled 2#4d100(2) and got 68, 8, 9, 40 [Total: 125 (Low), Avg: 31.25]
Total: 420, Avg: 52.50
JayM: And then Jakc and Gavriel were hit!
JayM rolled 2#1d8(1) and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
Also rolled 2#1d8(2) and got 2 [Total: 2 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 8, Avg: 4.00
JayM rolled 2#1d8+180(1) and got 4 ( Total: 184.0 )
Also rolled 2#1d8+180(2) and got 8 [Total: 188.0 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 372.0, Avg: 6.00
JayM: Damned enter key. Also Lock(4) to both!
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ returns to the song of life! [47D]
Gavriel is conveniently woken up right before his turn!
Jack` rolled 6d10*1.25+112*1.25 and got 4, 3, 3, 7, 7, 6 ( Total: 177.5 )
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Argent [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:9 "Purifier" [F]:35 Jack [B]:43
JayM: GAvriel!
Gavriel uses that opportunity to fire off another [Full Assault D49]!
Gavriel rolled d8*1.25+234*1.25 and got 5 ( Total: 298.75 ) for 55 Blind
Also rolled 1d100 and got 46 [Total: 46 (Low), Avg: 46.00]
Total: 344.75, Avg: 25.50
JayM: Almost-
JayM: Argent!
Argent shoves the Purifier towards Jnezdie! [Blindside, 37D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 20 ( Total: 20 ) for 85/5
JayM: A strike!
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+120 and got 8 ( Total: 128.0 )
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie focuses all his might into this strike! [Soul Eater, 59D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 39 ( Total: 39 ) for 85/15
JayM: It hits!
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+1.5+528*1.5 and got 8 ( Total: 801.5 )
Jnezdie strikes right through- Although it doesn’t deals enough force to even touch Tika herself- However, something- The time is now! It's definitely in range for Jnezdie's Angelic to do the job
JayM: Or Argent's if it lands
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 "Purifier" [F]:5 Jack [B]:13 Gavriel [B]:19 Jnezdie [F]:38
JayM: Argent!
Pretend that I know Argent's Angelic animation [CT 10]
Purifier performs one last time the flood! [Spread the Word] x2
JayM rolled 2#4d100(1) and got 42, 90, 84, 4 ( Total: 220 )
Also rolled 2#4d100(2) and got 40, 2, 6, 94 [Total: 142 (Low), Avg: 35.50]
Total: 362, Avg: 45.25
JayM: Jnezdie, Jack and Gavriel are all hit!
JayM rolled 1d8+180 and got 5 ( Total: 185.0 )
Also rolled 2#1d8*0.75+180*0.75(1) and got 1 [Total: 135.75 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Also rolled 2#1d8*0.75+180*0.75(2) and got 6 [Total: 139.5 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 460.25, Avg: 4.00
JayM: Damage and Lock to all of you
JayM: Argent's Angelic goes off!
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 84 ( Total: 84 ) for 85? that can't be right
[OOC] Jnezdie: well that's what she's got
Jnezdie rolled 1d8+360 and got 6 ( Total: 366.0 )
Argent flips backwards and jumps towards Purifier, as she strikes her feet against the watery being in front of you, water erupts from the impact, obscuring the view… A moment later, she lands behind Purifier, the form of water of the being shattering and exploding in a shower of water, Tika, however, in her hands
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 63 ( Total: 63 ) **
[OOC] JayM: Know what, screw Sugar
Something that she is completely oblivious to at this moment in time, however, is that covering her body is… A strange gown, made entirely of water (thankfully not translucent) which seems to be the water which once enveloped the poor girl, who's now unconscious
[OOC] JayM: Balmung's Gown: Female-only, T3 Light Armor, +2 ATK, Elder
Jack: "Phew! Well, that takes care of that?" Jack glances around, just in case something was lurking in the mist and preparing to jump out.
Gavriel lets out the breath he's been holding in as soon as Argent clears out with the girl in her arms. He doesn't… really care about much else, they just /stopped a Water Elemental/.
JayM: Nope, the mist is dissipating right now
Jnezdie exhales deeply, sheathing his katana. "Least she's alright, and nobody else got hurt in this whole shindig."
Sarah, in all her capacity, is actually across from the party right now, in the opposite side of the battlefield, sitting against a tree, apparently asleep
Jack‘ walks over to double check and make sure the girl is, in fact, still all together and alright.
Gavriel glances over at Sarah, makes a mental bet with himself.
Jnezdie glances at Jack and Gavriel.
Jnezdie: "Right, looks like you two have this covered."
Gavriel nods.
Jnezdie: "I’m gonna climb up a bit, see if I can't find the rescue squad."
Jack: "Sounds good."
Jnezdie nods and does a few quick hops towards the direction of something tall— scaling it, shouting "WE FOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUND HERRRRRRRRRRRR~!"
JayM: Jack: Tika is in fact alright… Although she is terribly light- Actually, she probably is suffering from hypoglicemia right now, her body has spent every last bit of energy it had
JayM: A tree! And a while shouting, and coordinating over loud voices
JayM: And soon enough the rescue team shows up, the human doesn't spares a glance to you people, and just runs to huge Tika.
Gavriel scoots over to Sarah and squats on the ground next to her- putting on his cloak before any of the Ethereals show up, gently nudging her shoulder.
The dwarf sighs "Thank Phoenix, are you alright? We did hear fighting"
Sarah blinks and looks up at Gavriel. She was not asleep, although her eyes were closed "Ahaha… Sorry"
Jnezdie considers… "Aw, a'int nothin'. Mist is gone."
Sarah stands up "That mist was somewhat… Troublesome for me"
Gavriel smiles. "You were helping, weren't you?"
Jnezdie: "After that it was a matter of just lookin' real good, yeah?"
Jack: "We're fine! And the girl should be too - although you might want to take her to a doctor. There was a bit of a scruffle with some water elem,ental or another that wandered to steal her away!"
Sarah suddenly seems terribly shy "I- A-as much as I could… But I was mostly just… Looking"
Dwarf: "A scuffle with a what?!" "
Jnezdie: "Jack, dude, you say things like that and you make 'em believe she was in -trouble-."
Jack‘ waves a hand dismissively. "Apparently we convinced it that it would rather be a dress than a hostile creature."
Dwarf: "… O… Kay…. I’ll try to make sense of this later"
Gavriel can't help grinning a bit more at Sarah's reaction, sits back on his heels. "I knew it."
Dwarf: "Tika's okay?"
Jnezdie: "Good idea, yeah?"
Jack: "She's fine enough, if drained of some fluids." Jack nods.
Sarah: "B-believe me, I didn't help much…" she looks a bit down "It was mostly work of your guardian angel, which I think I understand a bit better now"
Jnezdie nods. "Just know that she's got a big heart for all'a you."
Jnezdie: "Sweet girl, that."
Dwarf: "Good enough. Alright, let's transport her back… Actually" he looks upwards, now that the mist has cleared, and mumbles a few words "… How in the heavens-"
Dwarf: "Did we end up across the continent?!"
Gavriel tilts his head to the side- then jerks his head over to stare at the dwarf. "What."
Jnezdie: "Huh?"
Dwarf: "I… No, I think I must be miscasting that spell"
Jack: "That's magic for you! Ha ha."
Dwarf: "Were you heading towards any city? which direction was it?"
Jnezdie: "That's why you shouldn't drink-n-cast, my friend!"
Jnezdie nods towards Gavriel and Sarah. "They know where we're goin' past 'whichever way my foot's pointed'."
Sarah looks at the Dwarf "Hum… Northwest, ifw e didn't get lost"
Dwarf: "… We were heading due east…" the dwarf sighs "Sometimes, really… It just get ridiculous, and you gotta roll with it"
Gavriel glances at Sarah. Chances are, wherever they've landed up will be someplace Sarah's got a use for… he's not too worried. (…tch, magic, though.)
The dwarf looks at his companions "We're going to take her to the city, then. I am deeply sorry that we cannot accompany you, however, I only have so much Time Magic to take us fast enough
The dwarf looks at his companions and nods to them, and they start to move on
Jack: "Ah, think nothing of it. It's all in a days work for the heroes!"
Sarah sighs, and looks up "Heh… You know, you people are actually lucky…"
Sarah: "Back where I come from, it isn't possible to save someone who did what this little girl did. It's good that you did, though"
Jack: "Hmm. Ah, well. It's a good thing we were here instead of in your country, then!"
Sarah: "Yeah… Basically!"
Sarah nods "Let's move on, then!" she says, supporting herself on Gavriel, since she seems to be tired still-
JayM: She's somewhat lighter than normal, Gavriel
Gavriel is a very, very sturdy Varg, if nothing else. He'll walk slowly for her!
Jack: "Aye!"
Jnezdie: "Yeah!"
JayM: And let me tally up totals
[OOC] JayM: +8 AP/+2337 XP] from skillchecks
[OOC] JayM: +600 XP/+4800 Gil/+30 AP] from encounter
[OOC] JayM: Epilogue
The whistling of the wind is interrupted by a the resounding crash of a body against the wall, hit so hard the wooden wall cracked "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING CELERIAN!?" the human mage shouted
C-calm: "down, Antara-"
Celerian: "C-calm down, Antara-"
Antara: "SHUT UP! A KID?! A KID CELERIAN!"
Watching from a distance away, the Heir looks at Celerian's eyes "You know, we DID agree that we weren't going to do anything quite like, you know, that, until the end of the plan"
Celerian: "B-but she was the only one I found in the proper state!"
Antara: "FUCK THAT, CELERIAN! You know we got eternity, WE WON'T DIE ANYWHERE SOON WE HAVE TIME!"
The mage threw the warrior across the room again just with the rage in her arms "You…"
Heir: "No use trying to kill him, though, Antara. It was a… Horrible choice, I admit, but come on, it's not like we got anyone else and i'm sure he'll fix his ways"
Celerian: "Alright- Okay, I admit I went overboard, i'm sorry Antara"
The mage remained, however, angry. But did not speak any furhter
[OOC] JayM: End Epilogue

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License