Sw20

Split Worlds - Session 20
A long, stretching, tunnel far beneath the earth, not a single spot of light to let you see what lies ahead of you, and not enough sense of direction to know how far you've gone in this tunnel. It has been a while, although your sense of time is slightly askew thanks to the underground environ (Jnezdie can tell it's been about three Waves travelling in the tunnel), but finally ou see
JayM: something, light, in the distance. A tiny spot of light, in fact
Argent: Didn't we have to dodge light before?
Argent has been a bit disoriented due to how silent the ruin has been by comparison. That plus the whole being-underground thing had wreaked havoc on what are usually good enough navigational skills
Gavriel puts one tromp in front of the other. Tromp, tromp, tromp.
Argent: Doubly discomforting was that said silence seemed to be connected with how the Ruin was two steps away from being Dead at any possible moment.
Jnezdie hit the ground with a run previously, but -man- has it been a while. He lets his hands rest off of his katana, the long trek underground starting to wear on the line between excited and boredom.
And it takes a while longer until you finally see that spot of light… Was not far away at all, it is simply weak. Facing upwards at an angle of thirteen degrees, an odd vehicle of the sorts you have never seen before. Four wheels on each side, supported by nothing but metal bars (must be a bumpy ride, not a single spring?), and the wheels are even encased on something black and rubbery.
JayM: One of them still weakly and squeakly turning eeeeeever so slooooooowly
Jnezdie: "…I had 'bout even odds on it bein' an exit, to tell you the truth."
Gavriel: "…hn."
Argent: "At least this isn't one of those harmful lights." Argent comments. If nothing else there might be some way to see what's inside the vehicle…
A single lamp in the front of the vehicle is lit, providing an ethereal and ghostly light to the environ around you. The wreckage of a few dozen such vehicles litters the area, which seems large enough to hold- one less vehicle than it truly does, it is kind of cramped here. The vehicles are weird, some have just four wheels, but they are all familiar. There are weird things on the
JayM: vehicles, too. On top of them are mechanical arms, things which eerily resemble claws or fangs, some edged, some not, all of them throughly wasted as time is won't to do
Jack‘ rubs at his chin, lost in thuoght.
Jnezdie: "If’n only we could get somethin' like this runnin' again, it'd be a lot less walkin'." He casts a wary look at some of the 'fanged,' sharper vehicles. "-Inside- the ruin, that is."
One particularly threatening-looking vehicle has this array of seven… Rather thin, cannon-looking thing with… tubes connecting them to a large cannister in it
Jnezdie: "…least I'm sure they were supposed to run at some point."
Argent: "…Oi, Sarah, you have any idea of what these things are?"
Jack: "Well, roll at least."
Sarah walks closer to the vehicles, inspecting them "I'm sure they were…" she inspects them visually
Sarah: "Ahaha… They're kind of… Decayed"
Argent: "No good then?"
Gavriel tromps over to the weaponry. "They certainly are."
And about now you see, behind the near-wall of scrapped vehicles, a doorway- Or it SEEMS like it might be, it's kind of dark
Sarah: "No, no good. But maybe we can find something still working here?"
Jnezdie: "Scavengin', got it."
Gavriel certainly seems -interested- in the ruined vehicles, even if they're decayed. There's so much technology that's been lost, so much they Material Kingdom would love to get their hands on, he's sure.
JayM: You could try to brute-force your way towards the doorway by shoving things aside with a Strength [TN 3] check, however, if you take a bit more time and put your tools and even force to use you could clear a path in a more roundabout way and search for something still-working on the way by disassembling the ancient vehicles with a Sabotage [TN 5] check
Jack: "We did last time, so perhaps!"
Gavriel keeps his eye out for falling pieces of metal or something. [no preroll]
Argent: "Right then." Argent cracks her knuckles-but like hell she understands this technical stuff. She may be Material-side, but she's a mercenary, not an engineer or a knight-artificer or whatnot. [No reels]
Jnezdie is good at disassembling, sure. Preserving, well… [No reels]
Jack‘ gets to it! Some of this junk is obviously beyond repair, so it’s easier to just scrap it while looking for the good stuff. [Expertise] [Aptitude] [Dependable]
Jack‘ rolled d10 and got 10 ( Total: 10 ) for TN4
d8+1: 3 [Total: 4.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(1) and got 1 [Total: 1 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(2) and got 4 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(3) and got 4 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 23.0, Avg: 4.40
A little bit of scavenging, and a little bit of disassembling~ You mostly focus on the vehicles on the way to the doorway, and get them broken down to base components in no time. Everything is rusted or burnt or otherwise severely damaged. Such heavy damage, from all sorts of sources, as if not just one but various cataclysms occurred with each vehicle in particular. And there is nothing
JayM: too much to be found still working but… This one, in this vehicle that seems to be mounted with a square device which has various shutters, a large fan within the device and this particular object too, which seems to be the only reactive thing left…
[OOC] JayM: Overrod, Tier 2 Rod, Ancient, First spell cast has +75% Damage, half damage dealt is taken as backlash
Jack: "How odd."
JayM: An interesting device, amplifies energy, extremely unstable, i’d say. It odd because you never saw anything akin to a magician rod that was made of a single material, but this seems like a long rod of metal whose tip opens up in three little spikes
JayM: It's not sharp, mind
Jnezdie: "Got something?"
Argent: "…Huh. It's interesting-looking, at the very least."
Jack: "Well not for us, but the idea of an etheralite gaining soul eater properties amuses me."
Jnezdie: "Ahahah, for serious?"
And during the dismantling, you dislodge that little lamp that is still lit enough that it shines directly at the doorway… Framing the doorway are four giants of metal… No, they're armors, twice as tall as anyone could be, armed with this oddly thin cannons on it's shoulders, they're resting agaisnt the walls, motionless
Jack: "Aye!" Jack flips it aorund it his hand, then tosses it to Jnezdie.
JayM: One of them is open, and they are all rusted. The open one is… Inside it's such a terribly interesting contraption, gears and mobile plates- This setup, even a Taru could fit inside any of those armors and perhaps move in it!
Jnezdie twirls it about in one hand and puts it in the party sack.
Gavriel: "…hn." He scratches behind a ear. That's… absurd and mechanically ineffective. Tanks are much more efficient.
Jack‘ tilts his head. "Some for of vehicle shaped like armor? … Like that dragon, almost. Hrmrmrmrmm."
Sarah: "They’re impressive, aren't they?"
Jnezdie: "Do they do what I think they do?"
Sarah: "I don't know? What do you think they do?"
Jnezdie: "Which is- you get in it and become a fifteen-foot tall armored badass?"
Argent: "…" Argent eyerolls at the transcient terminology and flourishing, but heads on. "So, like those pirates?"
Sarah smiles lightly "That'd be neat, wouldn't it?"
Gavriel frowns. "They seem… implausible."
Sarah: "Looks like it, I wonder what are those"
And then there is the doorway, that leads to a stairway- Well, a verily broken stairway, one of such armors seems to have taken a seat in it and decided to shatter it halfway through, thankfully it also provides a suitable stepping stone to replace the ladder it broke
Argent: "If they were to manipulate, they could be to ease construction of something…"
Jack‘ squints at the make shift armor step in the stairs. "They certainly were liberal in their building designs, hah."
Jnezdie: "I reckon they could swing a -really- big katana."
Jnezdie hop, hop, hops up the fallen armor, up the stairs.
Up there is… Is a sight almost… Almost familiar… To Gavriel and Argent, at least. This place, despite the damaged (but oddly not rusted) metal legs which come from the walls and stand omniously still over certain beds, looks so much like a… Field hospital. There are beds (with half-rotten covers) all over, there are vials of age-old medicine…
Gavriel: "Can’t you think of the -civilian- applications, for once?" His grin and his tone indicate that he's joking, which- might be a bit odd, from Gavriel- then he frowns. "Huh. Some sort of field hospital, it looks like…"
JayM: Except, those very same two that might identify that are perhaps the first ones to realize that it'd be relaly, really unwise to move further in- This odd feeling, this stillness- This weird feeling related to time magic
JayM: A stasis trap?
Gavriel: "…wait!"
Argent had climbed up the suit as well. Wasn't that hard given her strength, anyway. "…Hold it, guys."
Gavriel stands stock still, holding paws out to either side.
Jnezdie halts mid-step.
Jnezdie: "Yo?"
Argent: "There's something really off here. Don't know what, but it feels frozen."
Argent: "And not in the cold sense."
Gavriel: "Stasis trap."
Gavriel: "Good catch."
Jnezdie: "Oh, dang." He hops backwards, closer to the group.
JayM: But it's… Odd, this smell? Those more knowledgeable with medicine- IS this… Relaxant? Anesthetic?
JayM: Hrm… Perhaps… If you wanted to look around a Magic Lore/Learning [TN 6] check would do it, but you could also just run to the exit (it's visible) with a Running [TN 4] check
Jack: "Hmmmm."
JayM: Oh also [+3 AP/+850 XP]
Argent isn't the most knowledgable in medicine, but there's some stuff that seems useful…but there's possibly some useful stuff here despite the stasis trap. "Right, think there could be some useful stuff in here regardless." Argent comments as she does the equivalent of raiding a medicine cabinet. One with a nasty temporal magic trap.
Gavriel frowns. "…why would a stasis trap be-" -light dawns in his eye. "Maybe one of you can…" -he makes a waggly motion with his fingers.
[OOC] Argent: No preroll here
[OOC] Argent: correction. Finesse:Magic Lore
Jack‘ scratches at the side of his face, then wanders in, looking around at the cabnits. [Aptitude] [Trick]
Jnezdie slowly grins at Gavriel. "That’s the technical way o' putting it, yeah." He laughs, turning about and examining the area. [Lucky: Scholastic]
Jack‘ rolled 2d6 and got 5, 5 ( Total: 10 ) **
d8+1: 2 [Total: 3.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 2d8 and got 5, 3 [Total: 8 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 21.0, Avg: 4.00
Jack` rolled 3#d8(1) and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
Also rolled 3#d8(2) and got 3 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(3) and got 7 [Total: 7 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 16, Avg: 5.33
Jnezdie carefully handles the instruments, sort of ’sensing' where things could go wrong… [Reliable]
Jack‘ rolled 2#d10(1) and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
Also rolled 2#d10(2) and got 2 [Total: 2 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 8, Avg: 4.00
It is… This cannot in any way be ever considered a trap. It’s too open, too… If it was a trap it was long-since sprung but… A little bit of judging and looking and… It seems it's far more than a single thing here which keeps things still. This smell, it is certainly an anesthetic, and a damn powerful one. You remember seeing this only in a half-dozen cases, Gavriel, and in all of
JayM: those cases whoever was using it was punished for handling dangerous materials without knowing wth they are doing. Perhaps at a hospital you've been administered this at least once, but you wouldn't remember that. This omnipresent, invisible mist… Could keep one asleep eternally
Gavriel half-grins. "Brilliant…"
Argent uses her knowledge and sense of this stasis trap to backhand people away from likely triggers, regardless.
And it's from sensing this mist and feeling a light, light draft that Jnezdie traces the origin of the time magic itself, ancient machines silently chugging this mist in the air, glowing grey crystals and just that LITTLE spatial distortion that always is the telltale sign of time magic. A quick dash, a decent bit of force, and you disrupt two or three of them. It certainly won't be enough
JayM: to stop this but, who cares if you end up unwittingly spending twice the time here than you thought you would?
JayM: And- This is… A dawn of realization, Jnezdie. This isn't a trap, no. It's more likely to be… For terminal patients, given the place where the machines are, beside those isolated beds
Gavriel: "It's not a trap, it's… it's medicine. Screw around with the flow of time, you stop a disease or wound from being immediately fatal…"
Jnezdie crashes something- "-it's cool, I meant to do that-" and something else, hops away, puts down the pipe he was using…
Jnezdie: "…oh."
Jnezdie: "Y'know, I got that just as you said somethin'."
[OOC] JayM: +4 AP/+1062 XP
Argent: "…hn. Felt like a trap, anyway…"
Jnezdie: "Or you could, y'know…maybe keep them like that there… I don't know, even longer than that."
Jnezdie: "Yeah, these things are still kinda workin', and don't seem to be- what's the word- focused?"
Jack: "Ahah."
Argent: "They've probably broken down…in what's likely a less than ideal manner." Argent ponders, keeping in mind what Sarah mentioned.
Sarah: "Yeah… It'd be a nice place to… Keep someone who's in red"
JayM: Also, scavenging the medicine you get… They're all unlabelled vials but, you know, a tad bit of taste-testing and other-testing and you get… [Pain Killer, Chronos Tear x2, Alarm Clock x2, Smelling Salts x2, Bandage x4, Stamina Tabet x2, Sleeping Powder x1, all Ancient]
JayM: Hrm… Actually none of those seem like they're anything for long-term treatment
Argent had stockpiled a bunch of the medicines that seemed like they wouldn't kill anyone on the spot.
Gavriel: "…broken enough to have gone haywire, not broken enough to shut down completely. Oh, this is…" -he shakes his head. "…your kind of thing, for sure." He gestures at Jack and Jnezdie. What he was -going- to say was 'brilliant', but that would be displaying too much exuberance. .|
Jack: "And HOW! Haha."
Jack: "Very interesting stuff."
Jnezdie: "No kiddin'. I wonder if you're hit by that kinda stuff while you're asleep- does it count as sleep?"
Gavriel is struck by sudden inspiration, and modifies something on his hand cannon. [ARC -> SNI]
Jnezdie: "Y'can get an easy eight waves of beauty rest like that."
Jack‘ rubs at his chin, then begins pocketing some of the medicine that’s still, uh, usable and not passed it's practical experation date.
Sarah: "Ahaha… I don't think it'd work as well, Jnezdie"
Jack: "The opposite way around, no?"
Argent ponders: Magic as technology? If nothing else, the ruins are far more emblematic of this than anywhere surfaceside in Ethereal
And, onwards and upwards, a doorway that leads to- A corridor which long-since collapsed, the metal of the walls (The ruins are always made of metal) has melted and cooled down. Thankfully, it forms a type of ladder into the upper floor… The sound of dripping water on metal. *plic* *plic* *plic*
Jnezdie: "Aw, I suppose so."
Jack: "The arcitecture in this places is always fascinating as well. Not that half the more interesting things are inteitionasl, I'm sure, but even still."
JayM: Hrm… Not even a slight stumble from getting out of such a strong time-effect? You must be growing more resilient
Argent climbs further up
Jack‘ heads on up after Argent tests to make sure it’s stable.
Jnezdie hobbles around as though he just rode a chocobo for eight hours, taking to hopping up the small incline, and then having to climb… time magic is weird, yo.
You then climb up, as you are won't to do. And there is… Now this is a timeless sight, no matter how advanced, magical or technical something is, barracks will ALWAYS be barracks. Anything in the beds which could have decayed has long since done so, a broken panel in the ceiling reveals a pipe, which endlessly and irritatingly DRIPS and it would be maddening to have to hear that for a
JayM: few Waves
JayM: But I digress
There are lockers in all of the walls, with the exception of one- One wall in which you see something terribly familiar. Directly across from your exit point is a type of panel, whatever was written there once gone but image… An oddly familiar image- Have you ever seen the vehicles and structures of a Disaster Instant Response Team? Those who are always around when a catastrophe occurs
JayM: and are there to save the day? A sort of organization that both kingdoms and transcient town have, one that for some mysterious reason has the same symbol on all three, the same symbol that is on the wall
JayM: Jnezdie and Jack might remember, those guys got nicknamed "The Sermon Squad" in Transcient Town because, you know, with how often they NEED to mobilize, yeah, they also tend to give such lenghty sermons to whoever causes that need
Jack: "Oh ho ho!"
Jnezdie: "Whoa!"
Jack: "An origin story for the most recognizable of all orginizations!"
Jnezdie: "Now that's somethin' I didn't expect to see."
Argent: "…This -has- to be more than a coincidence."
Gavriel: "…hn."
JayM: (a green-colored full circle with a colorless cross on it, and three words circling the image, the words vary in which kingdom it is but in Material is "Life, Rescue, Health" )
Sarah: "Ooh… That's interesting…"
JayM: (in Ethereal it's "Vita, Transita, Presentia" supposedly it has roughly the same meaning but in more… Arcane words?)
Jnezdie: "-You- think it's interesting? Tell me you've heard of them."
Argent: "…" Pieces are fitting together in Argent's mind. Ultima, Phoenix, and now this parallel.
Sarah: "Y-yeah… Hum… Back home my father was a rescue operator in a D.I.R.T. unit as well…"
Jack: "Oh ho ho ho ho!"
JayM: To your left, sunlight and drizzle. A doorway long since open
Jnezdie: "No kiddin'!"
Argent: "Same name, even."
Sarah: "This is… Almost kind of comical"
Gavriel: "That's… that's quite interesting."
Jnezdie: "I'm definately not complainin' since they're a solid group o' fellows."
Jack: "A world wide phenomenon!"
Argent: "…right. Looks like we've found a way out. Let's take a bit to get our bearings."
Argent starts toward the open door
Jack‘ observes the image for a while longer, but when the others start moving he will too - don’t want to get left behind!
Jnezdie: "Right on." He gives a thumbs-up to the DIRT symbol, then turns for the light and drizzle.
Argent cracks her neck a bit, an innate sense of danger creeping up as she takes a bit of time to re-gear…[THF->COM]
The way outside has a shadow… As you step outside you see… Something- Something far more familiar to you. A large type of armor, steam rising from it's back and from it's joining, atop it, riding it, piloting it, a Varg. Brown fur matted by the rain, in his jaws a bone fragment (Gavriel knows it's from his greatest kill, a nice reminder, a Behemoth). The odd walker machine with
JayM: exceedingly long arms which brush agains the ground and stubby legs hisses, the Varg atop looks down at you "Long time no see, Gav" . It's Red
Jack: "!! Steam! Do you make the collosal beats move with steam power only or is there something - more?" Jack's bouncing on this toes.
Jnezdie looks up, wrinkles his brow, then glances at Gavriel.
Red: "Heh. Steam and hydraulics, actually. And my feet, though don't tell that to anyone"
Jnezdie: "Secret's safe with me, bro. I'm Jnezdie."
Fuepepe[Away] (~121.13.5.451|7airefeS#121.13.5.451|7airefeS) Quit
Red: "Ahnno, we've met, remember?"
Jack: "Hmmmm!"
Argent had taken the time to rearm and rearmor herself somehow, in the meantime…
Argent: "Way back when, yes."
Gavriel glances up, a bit surprised. "Quite so. What have you been up to?"
Jnezdie: "I do that with everyone."
Red: "Tsk. Yeah, nothing good, sadly"
Jnezdie: "It's an establishin' thing."
Red: "I'll have to kill all of you"
Jnezdie: "Aren't you, y'know, a bit out of your natural scope?"
Red: "Funny, innit? I am. Now how 'bout we get this rolling 'fore I loose my nerve?"
Argent narrows her eyes, drawing a spear. "Is that so?"
Argent: "Yes, let's."
Gavriel blinks. Takes a step back. "What the hell, Red?"
Jnezdie: "Y'know… varge, ridin' a machine, elbow deep into Ethereal kingdom…"
[OOC] Jnezdie: *varg
Jack: "A… sudden yet inevitable betrayal?! Oh unexpected!" Jack takes a step back, shock on his face.
Red: "Tell, me, Gav" he points the machine's arm to Gavriel, it's clawed "Is there something- Someone, you'd fight anyone for? Who's worth more than your loyalty, your own life?"
Red: "Yeah, well, if I don't come outta this alive, just remember to take real good care of 'er, y'know"
Gavriel: "…Red, talk to me, what the hell's going on, you don't know my friends, they can- we can- find some way to help you- damn it!"
Argent cracks her neck. "One of our sides is ending up dead, and if I have any fucking say in it, it's not going to be me. Now let's go!"
Jack: "What has caused this?! The viewers must know, or this will all be very abruptly confusing!"
Red: "No you can't. I've four Waves to have you dead and word of it to reach Alvarest, word travels faster than you could"
JayM: And well, if you did not deviate from the planned path… You're about eight Passes away from Alvarest
Sarah: "… Chocolat- Chocolat that IDIOT she let her Rad Vaccine run out?!"
Gavriel: "Then tell a fucking lie, Red! What the hell is going on?! Who sent you here!?"
Red: "Hah, so the lady knows… Tsk… I don't have the time, i'm sorry…"
Red: "I've tried, Gav. But those Inquisitors they can… Enter your mind, see your lies"
Red: "They couldn't control me with their magic, but they sure as hell could see the truth"
Argent: "Negotiations won't work here Gavriel."
Gavriel roars at Argent without actually pulling off any actual /words/.
Red: "'m sorry, and- Lady?" he looks at Sarah "You're in the hit list too, you're not escaping"
Jack‘ scratches at his head.
Sarah tries to run but- from the arms of the machine, he fires a series of rockets, cutting her escape "Eeep!"
Argent: "It’s pretty obvious that they won't. Ethereal military probably captured him before giving him a condition on his own release."
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Argent [F]:2 Jack [B]:3 Sarah [B]:3 Red [F]:4 Jnezdie [F]:5
Gavriel positions himself between Sarah and Red. "Like hell!!"
Jack: "W-when did we become wanted criminals?!"
Red: "Hell if I know, all I know is you're about to stop being wanted!"
Jnezdie: "Dang, guy."
Argent: "Like hell I'm dying today!"
Jnezdie: "Can't say I feel great about this, but I'm on a mission."
Jack‘ mumbles to himself "(Perhaps this is an abrupt start of a new, unexpect Act…)"
Gavriel: "Red, damn it all, what the hell happened!!" He aims his cannon at Red, but doesn’t shoot- managing to stop his arm from quivering with rage, he squints down a scope, activating analytical engines- [Wide Scan D29]
JayM: Gavriel- You know Red, you know his armor. Hell that bone in his fangs? You've been there when the squad took down the beast: Santoro "Red" - Normal M.Boss, L16 Machina, HP: 3296/3296, MP: 114/114, W: Lightning, A: Water, R: Battle Enders VIII. This machine fights by grappling and tossing it's foes
JayM: However, it has a weak spot: "Machina" Family, 1 other property
JayM: Argent!
Argent moves to snatch something from the large machine-hey, profit is profit. [Steal Item, 31D]
JayM: Roll that
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 59 ( Total: 59 ) for 85
Argent sees something interesting and perhaps shiny in there- In it's back, there's an opening that could be exploited- Red quickly spins around to deflect Argent "Argh, no!"
JayM: Missed
JayM: Jack!
Argent smirks evilly.
Argent: "Well then"
Gavriel: "…Argent, that's his armour's weak spot. See if you can nail it… I don't…"
Argent: "If he doesn't want me taking it, I sure as hell AM"
Jack‘ rubs at his chin, then steps up and smacks the mech with the flat of his dagger. [Mineuchi] [42D]
Jack` rolled 1d100 and got 63 ( Total: 63 ) for 20% after resistance haha
JayM: The mech takes a heavy slap and echoes, but nothing else
Sarah just, closes her eyes and hides behind Gavriel [Hide, 40D]
JayM: Battle order: Red [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:1 Gavriel [B]:25 Argent [F]:29 Sarah [B]:39 Jack [B]:41
Red growls, and takes steps and strides jumping, and swipes a massive hand at Jnezdie [Triple Slam]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 34 ( Total: 34 )
He swipes Jnezdie off the ground and holds him with both hands "Graaah!" and tosses him on the ground so hard he bounced back up, Red’s machine jumps and he grabs Jnezdie midair "Raaah!" and tosses him to the ground AGAIN sending him up a second time, and for the third time he reapeats it "TAKE THIS!" , this time Jnezdie stick to the ground in a mini-crater
JayM: Reduced to 1 HP!
JayM: Jnezdie!
[OOC] Jnezdie: inits
Jack: "?! Oh my!"
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:24 Argent [F]:28 Sarah [B]:38 Red [F]:38 Jack [B]:40
Argent: "…Curious."
Jnezdie crashes! And slams! And rolls! He raises himself up on one arm, and in the distance, there's a thunderclap. "…fine. You went and got me into the mood." He brings a knee up and stomps heavily onto the ground, and the thunderclap rolls closer. "Gonna bust up your ride." He reaches for his katana, and at first draw, the thunderclap is right in everyone's ears, his katana brimming with electrical energy. [Lightning Sword, 34D]
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel roars. "Damn it… I'm going to find whoever sent you and tear them the fuck to shreds!" He aims at the mech- carefully- aiming for the optics, firing a [Double Shot D49]! [CoS 100 barring evasion]
JayM: Two hits :D
Gavriel rolled 2#d8+58(1) and got 3 ( Total: 61.0 ) for 55 CoS Blind, piercing ranged
Also rolled 2#d8+58(2) and got 8 [Total: 66.0 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 2d100 and got 86, 34 [Total: 120 (High), Avg: 60.00]
Total: 247.0, Avg: 32.75
JayM: Powpow!, One of the shots strikes right at the top part of the mech, completely disaligning the targetting panel "Smart, Gav"
JayM: Argent!
Argent: "Oh hell no, you're not getting away!" Argent keeps jumping around to try and line herself up with the back of Red's rad rude ride, all for the sake of snatchable shinies. [Steal Item again, 31D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 89 ( Total: 89 ) for 45
JayM: He swishes and swipes, almost connects with Argent but was enough to cover his rear
JayM: Jnezdie!
Argent: Accursed alliteration always being insipidly ineffective
Jnezdie gains a red aura, flickering wildly like a candle before its last fuel is consumed, along with Red and his mech gaining a solid red glow. With a burst of speed from his kneeling stance, he charges his foe, and slashes! [Night Sword, 59D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for 85/15
JayM: Heavens, Jnezdie
JayM: Is that 300% Doublehand damage I see?
[OOC] Jnezdie: yes
JayM: All of which is going to be drained?
JayM: Go ahead and roll
[OOC] Jnezdie: oh yes.
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*3+264*3 and got 5 ( Total: 807.0 )
JayM: Luck is with you! [777] drained as the sparks jump from the machine stretching far beyond your slice
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 778/787, MP: 143/193, LP: 130/300, SoS: 196 - Lightning Sword (5)
Jnezdie: "Your move, metalhead."
Sarah looks out from behind Gavriel [Return to Field]
JayM: Battle order: Red [F]:0 Jack [B]:2 Sarah [B]:10 Argent [F]:21 Gavriel [B]:35 Jnezdie [F]:55
JayM: Status for Red [F]: Blind(4)
Red growls, and takes a dash, steam rising behind him… [Smash Together]
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 54, 13 ( Total: 67 )
He grabs Jnezdie by the head, steps into your formation and grabs Jack by the head, and slams both of you together
JayM rolled 1d12+180 and got 7 ( Total: 187.0 )
JayM: 187 Physical damage to both
JayM: Jack!
Jack: "Ha-yuk-yuk-yuk!"
JayM: My bad
JayM: Somehow Jack is so fluffy that it did not hurt Jnezdie at all
JayM: (it missed you)
JayM: Totes forgot Blind
Jack‘ stumbles around a bit befioer slapping the mecha again! [42D]
Jack` rolled 1d100 and got 75 ( Total: 75 ) for 20
JayM: Machiens are hard to stun :(
Sarah continues to hide behind Gavriel
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:14 Jack [B]:23 Sarah [B]:29 Red [F]:32 Jnezdie [F]:34
Argent smirks amusedly at the scene-perhaps she does have a sense of humor, if a schadenfreudetastic and dark one
JayM: Argent!
Argent: And she keeps going for that shiny! [Steal Item, 31D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 )
Red: "Dammit, woman! I’m not into rabbits so let go of me!"
JayM: Gavriel!
Argent: "…" Argent checks for a second to make sure her hat's in pace.
place
Gavriel narrows his eyes, focusing. If he can continue to disable Red's mech… [CT 10]
JayM: It is, no worries
Jnezdie shrugs. "Sorry 'bout messin' up your hair!" he apologizes to Jack.
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Gavriel [B]:1 Sarah [B]:6 Argent [F]:8 Red [F]:9 Jnezdie [F]:11
JayM: Jack!
Argent: "Right, going to leave that to the guess that you found that out on your own."
Jack: "No worries! Ah, well. PLenty of worries it seems but that's not a big deal in the grand scheme and well - you know."
Jack‘ /me scrunches up his face, then attempts to slap the mech right in the power source! [42D]
Jack` rolled 1d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 ) for 20%
Red: "It takes a pretty ignorant person to send somebody to kill another person without a proper dossier on said person"
JayM: He did not even feel that, Jack
JayM: Gavriel!
Jnezdie: "In some circles they call that ’bravado,' ya' know?"
Gavriel fires, aiming for something necessary! [Vitals Shot D49]
Argent: "The person who gave that dossier? I'm kicking their ass."
Gavriel rolled d6 and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
Gavriel rolled d8+117 and got 7 ( Total: 124.0 ) for physical ranged piercing, 55 CoS Blind, 60 CoS Poison
Also rolled 2d100 and got 60, 96 [Total: 156 (High), Avg: 78.00]
Total: 280.0, Avg: 54.33
JayM: If only the rolls were reversed, Gavriel. But it causes some damage to the outer armor
Gavriel growls.
Sarah looks out frm behind Gavriel "Red…"
Argent: "But I've decided. I'm taking what's mine. And I've decided that what your armor has is -mine-."
JayM: Argent!
Argent: "Like hell I care about what you think I think of you!" And she once again moves to try and steal shit from that armor. [Steal Vital Armor Component/Item, 31D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 92 ( Total: 92 )
He jerks his machine bodily, making her miss her mark slightly "Ultima's name, you're like Her wrath incarnated!"
Jnezdie holds his tongue.
Red then swings around his machine's arms, and slams a few buttons on it, it lets out copious gouts of steam whose whistling serve only to echo his own roar atop the machine [Overdrive Mode]
Gavriel: "…Red, who do we have to fight to help you?!"
JayM: (grants Brave)
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Sarah [B]:5 Argent [F]:28 Jack [B]:31 Red [F]:31 Gavriel [B]:39
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie dodges the steam to strike at a joint of Red's machine! [Attack, 59D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for 85/15
[OOC] Jnezdie: get owned
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*3+264*3 and got 2 ( Total: 798.0 )
Red pulls out a small metallic cylinder "Think you can get THIS inside Arzanta's royal castle's prision in LESS THAN FOUR WAVES?! Can you?!"
The thunderous slash causes sparks to fly out as if water from a fountain
Sarah winces at the strike and continues to hide behind GAvriel "Red, isn't there some other way?!" [Hide]
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jack [B]:3 Red [F]:3 Gavriel [B]:11 Sarah [B]:17 Jnezdie [F]:31
JayM: Argent!
Gavriel squints. What the hell is going on…? "News of our death reaching Alvarest… and a threat from Arzanta? What the hell-"
[OOC] JayM: Wait, wtf
[OOC] JayM: TEAK STOP
[OOC] JayM: HALT
[OOC] JayM: TERMINATE THOUGHT PROCESS
[OOC] JayM: Ahaha, I mixed up the two capitals
[OOC] JayM: I REPEAT
[OOC] JayM: TERMINATE THAT PROCESS
[OOC] Gavriel: Lick me like a goddamn popsicle
[OOC] JayM: TERMINATE THAT THOUGHT PROCESS BEFORE IT SPIRALS OUT OF CONTROOOOOL
Argent: "If his life depends on that, I know the feeling. I'm not interested in sacrificing mine for yours, though." This time, she uses her spear to give herself a leverage boost [Steal Item, 31D]
[OOC] JayM: I have Arzanta in mind way too much, I need to remember it's Alvarest up north
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 46 ( Total: 46 ) for 85-40
[OOC] Gavriel: Jules, Alvarest is the capital of the Material Kingdom
[OOC] JayM: Asoihg
[OOC] Gavriel: Arzanta is the capital of Ethereal, which one has he been talking about?
[OOC] JayM: What is going on is that I ALWAYS meant to refer to the Ethereal capital
[OOC] JayM: NOT the MAterial capital at all ~_~
[OOC] JayM: I suck
[OOC] Jnezdie: we love you jules, watch
[OOC] Gavriel: Okay that's much less hilarious
The thing- IT's a glowing sphere- Just ooooout of reeeeach, argh
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ will stun this contraption with a single slap of his blade, just you watch! [42D]
Jack` rolled 1d100 and got 10 ( Total: 10 ) for 20
Stop (1)
Jack: "Ahah! There’s the weak point!"
Jnezdie: "I've been findin' them all over!"
A powerful slap, disloding something improtant, a piston perhaps "Tsk! DAMNATION!"
Jack: "Gahaha, I meant a flaw in the gizmo's design, not the ability to smash it down!"
JayM: And just in time, too!
Jnezdie: "Ah- right on!"
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Sarah [B]:6 Argent [F]:20 Jnezdie [F]:20 Red [F]:32 Jack [B]:34
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel: "Red! Your machine's jammed, give it up! Sarah, how far away is Arzanta..?" He aims again, slowly. [CT 10]
Sarah: "A-hum- We're four passes away from it… E-even if you ditch me and go at full speed I… I don't think you can make it there in less than two…"
Sarah had to come out of hiding to respond that
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Sarah [B]:6 Argent [F]:10 Jnezdie [F]:10 Red [F]:22 Jack [B]:24
JayM: Gavriel!
Jnezdie: "Deliverin' my own death note. A'int that some kinda' poeticness."
Gavriel: "Damn it… there's nothing you can do? Nothing… special?" He fires, again aiming for the weak spots- [Vitals Shot D49]
Gavriel rolled d6 and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
Gavriel rolled d8+117 and got 2 ( Total: 119.0 ) for physical ranged piercing, 55 CoS Blind, 60 CoS Poison
Also rolled 2d100 and got 42, 83 [Total: 125 (High), Avg: 62.50]
Total: 244.0, Avg: 42.33
JayM: At least he is reblinded
Argent takes the opportunity to try and snatch the glowing orb thingy. ALMOST, DAMNIT!
[OOC] Argent: Er, wait, oops
Sarah conitnues to hide behind GAvriel [Hide]
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:0 Red [F]:12 Jack [B]:14 Sarah [B]:36 Gavriel [B]:39
JayM: Argent and Jnezdie in synchro
[OOC] Argent: Steal Item, 31D, you know the drill
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 33 ( Total: 33 )
A swift movement, jumping over him and- Your hand snatched the glowing red sphere. Now you know why it is glowing, it is goddamn hot… A- A micro-furnace? Powered by the ramains of a Bomb! [Bomb Fragment x1]
JayM: You seem to have also ripped off a few tubes
Red: "Wh- The furnace! No, the control system- Dammit-"
And his machine starts to hiss, and shake "Grah!" and it explodes! Not so violently, but the built-up pressure shatters it from the inside, and while it's not a deadly explosion the machine is torn to pieces
Argent: "Kggghhh—" Argent quickly places it on the ground
Gavriel: "Red, get out of th-"
Argent: Right before getting tossed to the ground by an explosion
Red lies down on the ground, face-up, sprawled… He's… Still intact. Mostly. So it seems he build the cockpit taking into account that it might explode just like that
Jnezdie slices the air twice, then sheathes his katana, accompanied by a low rumbling of thunder.
[OOC] JayM: +9 AP
Jnezdie walks over to Red, looking down with sympathy.
Jack: "W-woah!"
Except what wound he doesn't seems to have in his body, he seems to have in his soul "C-cho… Chorozana…" he's crying
Argent: "How…the hell did that work." Argent mutters as she props herself up on her spear.
Gavriel rushes over towards Red, offering him a hand up, shaking visibly. "Red, if there's anyone in the entire world who can help you right now, I'm not sure how, it's us, I swear to you. What… what proof would suffice, to show them that you'd defeated us?"
Argent: "You'd think taking a powersource out of a machine like that would make it shut down, not blow up…" She then puts the spear away. [License change: THF]
Red looks at Gavriel, and he knows that there is no lie in his words "I… I don't know…"
Jack: "Chorozana?"
Sarah gently walks over to Red, and kneels beside him. She looks up at Jack "Chocolat's real name. Chocolat's just a nickname she likes, because of the color of her skin"
Jnezdie: "…ah, yeah."
Red: "Chocolat she… Ahaha… I thought if we were going to die… It'd be at eachother's arms… In a forbidden union we couldn't deny, not…"
Red: "Not to know she was… To be washed away by the rain…"
Argent: "Bit of a hopeless romantic, aren't you?"
Sarah closes her eyes, thinking
Gavriel: "There has to be a way. Jack, you're the expert here. How can we stage…" -he falls silent. "…the Ethereals captured her… used her to force you to attack us. Which means they know we're here, and where we are… how the hell did…"
Jnezdie: "Not givin' you my shirt- 's a present. But to give you this-" He taps the katana at his waist. "-…in its prior sheath, I'd easily pony it up."
Jnezdie: "We a'int exactly a covert group."
Red: "I…"
Jack‘ frowns slightly.
Sarah: "Would you be… Willing to let her stay where she is right now for a while… If we got the Rad Vaccine to her? That’s what matters, right?"
Sarah: "I mean… Word of this reaches HQ… The Esluansazuio clan will definitely push for a rescue operation, she just… Needs time"
Argent: "So, another detour, Sarah?"
Jnezdie: "I mean we did that whole thing at Keiranka…and that's gotta be a tough thing to ask. Like- I'd feel bad movin' on without knowin' it was okay."
Gavriel: "…rrgh. We saved their harvest." Not that they know that, of course. Or that it matters, except to everyone who counts. "Can we get there in time, Sarah? You said it was… so far away that…"
Sarah: "… No" she uncerimoniously rifles through Red's pockets, and pulls out a small… Odd device, showing numbers "… Gavriel… If I… If I built a weapon that could hit where she was from here… Could use it?"
Argent quirks an eyebrow. "A shot from that far away?"
JayM: … Gavriel, you're not sure you'd be able to shot that far, you can't even SEE the capital from here
Sarah: "Y-yeah… I think that… Between all the relics we have, I may… May be able to build something, with help"
Jnezdie: "…Ultima's greased cannons, you're serious." A grin grows on his face.
Sarah: "We can deliver the vaccine that way… But whatever limb you hit… You're definitely going to break it, but the vaccine is worth that"
Argent: "…Surprised it won't be to the point that it'd take it off with the kind of speed you're talking."
Gavriel blinks slowly. "Sarah, I can't even see it from here, how-"
Sarah: "Aha… I'm hopeful…"
Jack‘ blinks twice.
Jnezdie: "We ride on hopes and draw miracles from our sheathes."
Sarah stands up "That the air friction will slow it down just enough and… That I can calcualte this well enough…"
Jnezdie: "So all I just heard was- ’yeah!'"
Gavriel grins a touch madly. "Of fucking course I'll do it, Sarah."
Sarah: "I'm going to… Going to need all of your help, though. As it is i'm… I'm not able to even think too strongly but- Please"
JayM: This will be a serious check. Tinkering/Determination [TN 7] check. If you fail, believe me, you're leaving some very permanent mark on Chocolat
Argent: "Eh, what the hell, it earns my pay. Nobody else here? Good. I guess I might as well try to help to my full capacity given that everyone here already knows." And Argent…actually unstraps the hat for once, her ears standing up.
Jnezdie: "You okay with this, Red?"
Red: "…"
Jnezdie: "I mean, not gonna lie, sounds like it might hurt a bit more than gettin' a dislocated shoulder."
Red: "I've seen those outsiders pull crazier stuff before…"
Argent is genuinely serious about trying to help on this for once. [Finesse: Determination]
Jnezdie nods, then doubletakes at Argent removing her hat, looking genuinely surprised.
Argent seems to be trying to read the sounds to get a more exact measure of what'd be needed
Jack: "Well. Crazy IS what we do. Gaha this is going to be an interesting scene to replicate…"
Jnezdie: "Well then… say it with me- the sniper that could heal at one hundred thousand paces." [Expertise: Determination] [Dependable: Mental] [Lucky: Mental]
Gavriel does a slight double-take at Argent. Ultima's exhaust pipe, if they can pull -this- one off… [no preroll]
Jnezdie: "Just guide me, and I'll give it all I got!"
[OOC] Jack: Aptitude] [Dependable] [Weighted Results] [Lucky
Jack‘ rolled 2d6 and got 1, 3 ( Total: 4 ) for TN6
d12: 11 [Total: 11 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Also rolled 2#d10(1) and got 2 [Total: 2 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 2#d10(2) and got 8 [Total: 8 (High), Avg: 8.00]
d8+1: 1 [Total: 2.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
d8: 2 [Total: 2 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 29.0, Avg: 4.00
[OOC] Jack: wow that was a shitty finesse
[OOC] Argent: You’re telling me
[OOC] Argent: My dice are cursed
[OOC] Jack: doin' that over
JayM: That was a lot of pretty bad rolls and yet, you need only one more success
[OOC] Argent: Don't you mean two?
JayM: An 11 and a 8?
[OOC] Argent: Dual check
JayM: Wait, no, two
[OOC] Jack: dual check needs 4 yo
[OOC] Jnezdie: dual reels require 4 successes yeah
Jack‘ scrunches up his face, slamming his fists into the device he and Sarah are working on. "No, no no no NO NOOO! This is all wrong! The barrel is far too wide and - fah start over!"
JayM: I forget dual check is 4
Jack` rolled 2d6 and got 5, 6 ( Total: 11 ) for TN6
d12: 10 [Total: 10 (High), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 2#d10(1) and got 9 [Total: 9 (High), Avg: 9.00]
Also rolled 2#d10(2) and got 9 [Total: 9 (High), Avg: 9.00]
d8+1: 6 [Total: 7.0 (High), Avg: 6.00]
d8: 4 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
[OOC] Jnezdie: that’s better.
Total: 50.0, Avg: 7.00
JayM: Good heavens, Jack, you are a genious
Jack: "Ahah! OF COURSE! RIFLING!"
Jack: "We we notch groves into this and keep it spinning consistantly… YES OF COURSE!"
Argent: "…now I'm going to have to refactor everything." Argent closes her eyes, deep in concentration as she listens once again to read the winds
Argent: Echoes and sounds are a funny thing, aren't they
Jnezdie: "UWOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH!!" He aims! He focuses! 100 shots, 100 hits, lu lu la-la lu~
Gavriel squints. Yes, he- he thinks he can see how that will- "…Jack, that was brilliant-"
A lot of… You're seriously unsure how this will work to begin with… First it appears that that Golden Arcanite that you had found will play a large role in it, and despite being heavy metal it will be used mostly as a base, somehow it's presence is important. Interestingly, this seems to work entirely on the element of lightning somehow, and you need to find a wire long enough to
JayM: connect to that ruin right behind you. It's such an odd machine, there is a very long coil set around a rifle-like barrel… Sarah had to cannibalize the Magna Buster, a Sword Slave, one application of the Akatsuki too. Sarah drags Gavriel aside to work on thebullet itself… A rather frail-looking vial of glowing blue liquid, a flying syringe
Jack: "Gaahahah!"
It is difficult, so difficult to work on it because if anyone other than Sarah tries to touch it, it's as if their hands were burnt by fire, so it takes a while to prepare the casing. "R-rifling on a-? Uhn, Wait if we do that it just might work!" she gets very excited
Gavriel lets Sarah handle the 'oh my heavens it burns it burns' part, yes, helping out wherever he can.
Argent: "…ugh, knew it was a mistake taking this off." And now that everyone started being loud and she had fortunately read what she needed to, time to put the hat back on, and adjust angles and facing for the barrel to…very precise angles.
After a while, using the Magna Buster as power source for the weapon itself, Sarah and Gavriel adapt some of the strange mechanisms find within the Sword Slave in the bullet itself. And she loads the weird ammo on the weapon. "T-there…"
Sarah looks up at Argent "Ahaha, Argent those numbers… You could get a lot of bridge bunnies out of their jobs"
Argent: "…please don't tell me that's what my kind are called where you're from."
Jack: "B-bridge bunnies?" Jack glances up fomr his work at Sarah.
Sarah stands up. The machine looks like the weirdest rifle with wires coming out of it to the ruin behind you, a coil running around the barrel "A sniper coilgun…" she looks at Gavriel "Now you need to fire it" there is a visor in it "And, hum" she looks at everyone else "Everyone, hold Gavriel. That's going to have a tremendous backblast"
Jack: "Well, if he's buying dinner when we get to town!"
Sarah: "A-ah-ahaha… Hum… It's, hum… An old seafarer joke" she looks embarassed "N-normally Viera work doing that sort of thing and, hum, it's an old joke, really…"
Jnezdie puffs up his chest, then walks right up to behind Gavriel and claps him on the shoulder! "YEAH- wait, really? Bridge bunnie-"
Jnezdie shakes his head. "No time to lose focus! UWOOOOOOOOOOOOAH!"
Argent: "…Right." Argent's idea of "holding" equals "putting one foot on his back while planting the other into the ground and driving one of the spears she bought into the same ground to use as a handhold"
Jack‘ scoothes on over to make with the holding.
Gavriel eyes Sarah. "This is… probably the most insane thing I’ve ever done." And yet- there's no hesitation in his voice, at all, as he kneels, braces himself- squints through the visor, calming himself, aware of his heartbeat -
Sarah: "Gavriel I'm… Sure you're going to identify Chocolat as soon as you see her"
Gavriel can honestly say that sniping someone from what feels like half the world away wasn't anything he was expecting to ever do- let alone sniping them to -heal- them. "Right."
Gavriel kneels down, squints… Gavriel this visor it- It zooms! And good heavens above it's not SIMPLE zoom you're seeing far, far away as if it were just a few feet ahead of you, it zooms at a suitable pace to get your targetting going on, and you can see- You can see the walls of the imperial prision in Arzanta as if you were climbing them at this very moment! And through a tiny, tiny
JayM: window- You see a woman, she looks hurt, and more tired than actually broken- And she has features you have never seen before. Mostly human-looking, but two triangular, feline-like ears propping from her head, a rather lifeless-looking tail, long as far as her feet, eerily reminiscent of a housecat's
Gavriel is far past letting things like that register- even his amazement at the power of this scope is filed away somewhere for later. Everything- every bit of his focus- is in between heartbeats, focused on the woman in the cell, steadying his aim-
You aim… There, at worst- In her arm, that's the best place. You press the trigger- No, it didn't work?! This desire not to fail- You press it again- And you feel a surge of energy in your arm, electrical energy. You feel the smell of dust lifting… And one… two… three… She jerks hard, and the syringe is implanted right on her arm- Yes, seems like it was strong enough too to
JayM: cause an external fracture, but after she screams from the pain and looks at it, she smiles, the smile of a terminal patient who knows he's been cured, of a soldier that's been rescue from behind enemy lines
Argent braces onto the damn spear
JayM: And- Dammit! You're forced to let go of the gun, there is an odd wave of lightning which flows around the coil- That was mildly dangerous but seems to be over. The scope itself, however, seems to have been fried
JayM: Oh, did I mention that the group is now, like, about 60m away from where they were?
JayM: Yeah, that's about what the backlash did
JayM: Gavriel feels the draining that his active armor caused on him to protect his skin against that [50 MP]
Argent: "…" Argent is more surprised as far as how the hell it was THAT far. Especially now that there is a gigantic crease carved in the ground from that spear
Jack‘ blinks as she stares up at the small dropplets of rain hitting against his face. Huh, when did he stop holding Gavriel in place and decide to lay on his back, and why does his head hurt. "Curious!"
Jnezdie goes "UWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH!!" while half on a rock and twisted about.
Argent: "…okay Jnezdie, you can stop now."
Gavriel goes flying backwards- passed out from the backlash for a good few moments- as soon as he wakes up, though, he starts laughing madly- which just makes everything hurt more- goes to group hug Sarah, Jack and Jnezdie but surprise, they’re all enjoying the company of the muddy ground too- he just laughs-
Argent tries to pull herself up off of the ground
Jnezdie gasp, gasp, pant.
Sarah just laughs "T-that worked… Ahaha… I hope she's alright…"
Jnezdie: "Yeah I think I'm done."
Gavriel: "-'s- -'arright-"
Argent: "Felt like Liana crashed into me while flying at full speed there."
Gavriel breathes, fur all on end like a goddamn pup. "-'s alright. OI RED!"
JayM: Lost [Magna Buster x1], [Sword Slave x1], [Akatsuki x1]. Gained [Intercontinent Sniper Coilgun x1, T10 Gun, Can only be used in the Initiative Round. Might spontaneously fail to work]
Jack‘ sits up. "Well! That was certainly exciting - gahahaha we certain fly back then, didn’t we?"
Red is STANDING right now "W-what… That beats just all…"
Jnezdie: "Somethin' like that!" He rolls over, flopping from the rock to the ground. "-oof."
Argent stands up, trying to deal with the soreness from that impact
Sarah sits down, and looks at Red "Now she's got another twenty or so Passes. I'm sure there is a rescue operation ongoing already, too"
Jnezdie: "This is gonna be a 'thing,' innit?"
Argent: "…I'm going to be feeling that for the next few Passes, that's for sure."
Sarah: "H-hum… W-what do you mean, Jnezdie?"
Jnezdie: "Remember a little bit ago where I said-"
Jnezdie: "-oh, a 'thing?' Well, I mean-"
Jnezdie: "Let's say Choco gets saved, yeah? And 'er and Red have a big ol smoochy reunion, yeah?"
Gavriel takes a slow, deep breath. "That… ahahahah. That… certainly happened. Jack, I'd call that a Masterwork if I were high enough rank, to hell with you not being from the Material. Aaahahaha…" Another breath. "Red… when I said Estrela Prata can do fuckin' everything… I meant it."
Jnezdie: "World keeps on spinnin'. People are gonna look for 'em and it- well, I guess if they make it to the border, it's cool…"
Sarah: "Ahaha… Sadly… As soon as Chocolat is saved… She'll need to be taken back to HQ to make sure that the vaccine doesn't kills her"
Argent: "Also, my ears are still ringin-oh hell, Gav, NOT YOU TOO."
Argent facepalms
Red: "Nah… That isn't a worry, Jnezdie"
Red: "As much as i'd give my life for her… We can't really be… 'together' together… Our bodies just don't match, in more than one way…"
Gavriel: "Argent, we just hit bullseye on a fly's left tit sittin' on the edge of Ultima's fuckin' exhaust pipe." He draws in a ragged breath, still laughing. "Nobody's- nobody's ever even tried to do anything like that before."
Sarah: "Yeah… Different from me… That vaccine is the only thing that protects her from your guardian angel and… That vaccine would kill him, too… But not to worry! HQ's working on the Seraph's Leash right now, and if it works…"
Red: "Gavriel, for real- I lack words. Whatever you all did was… A few steps beyond normal here"
Jnezdie sits up suddenly, then amble-crawls over to Red, giving him a comforting clap on the shoulder.
Argent: "kkkkkkgggh…" Argent now has started to fear for her sanity. Extraordinary acts aside…
Sarah looks up at Argent "Argent he's just happy it worked"
Argent: "Fair enough, so am I. If he starts with theatrics, though…"
Sarah: "Hahah… I think that… We all should take a rest right now, though"
Jack: "Well, no harm done if we're not still trying to harm one another, hah!"
Sarah: "I know i'm tired… That took a lot out of me"
Argent: "…fair enough. I'll try to go hunting for…something edible around here"
Gavriel: "Hell, I've already run pyrotechnics for those guys. Twice now, hahah…" Another deep breath. He'll grill Sarah about what a Seraph's Leash is sometime later.
Red: "True… Getting beaten up kind of hurts and… I want to get going as soon as I can to help out Chocolat, but I can barely move at the moment"
Jnezdie: "Okay now that I'm done bein' all social and comfortin' about a brotha's love life-"
Argent drags herself away. Hope the group's up for something that got fried with an Aura Bolt
Jnezdie: "Remember a little bit ago I said- 'boy howdy we can't save the day without passin' out for a few passes?'"
Peter‘ (aC.laD.APW.31C4D|reteP#aC.laD.APW.31C4D|reteP) Quit
Sarah: "Ahaha… As we say back home… Wavecannons need to cool down"
Jnezdie: "Yeah."
Argent: because like hell she’s going to physically take something down feeling like this.
Sarah just lies back "Aha… Nacht, all…" andshe passes out just like that
Gavriel likes this 'wavecannon' idea, for what it's worth.
Jnezdie lays back down on the ground. "Ultima's skirt, yo, you just shot someone all the ass-way around the world."
JayM: And right before we end- Argent you will find the most curious thing in your hunting. You come across this thing that looks like an ├╝ber-colorful baby dragon with butterly wings. It kind of chirps at you and flies away very fast when it notices you. You do come up with some game, though.
Argent: "…that was…odd."
[OOC] JayM: +1600 XP/+1280 Gil
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 82 ( Total: 82 ) **
[OOC] JayM: Epilogue
Gavriel flops on the ground close enough to Sarah that if anything tries to attack her he'll wake up and growl at it super threateningly. .|
In a dark environ- Sarah, in her military uniform/miko dress hybrid and the Arc Knight float in darkness. Sarah looks terribly sleepy "S-sorry for reporting while i'm asleep but… Barely enough energy"
Sarah: "Uhn, those numbers, though"
Arc Knight: "… Sarah, that was a gamble. We know Tempestarians are stronger but- We're talking about the sort of precision-targetting we use Savants for… Still, though, for your companion to be able to do that…"
Arc Knight: "And… Specifically, that Viera's… Not even professional navigators can get this data without sensor arrays, if this is true then- Perhaps…"
Arc Knight: "Speaking of, Sarah. How's your period coming by?"
Sarah: "W-what?! That's random but it's on tim- … It's on time… Commander… That's not possible… The Silver Heart Protocol…"
Arc Knight: "Sarah, I want your medical data from now on, I think we're on to something about the Seraph's Leash with you here"
[OOC] JayM: End Epilogue
JayM: Oh, right, I forgot
[OOC] JayM: +5 AP/+1275 XP

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License