Sw15

Split Worlds - Session 15
The drizzle gives way to a slightly stronger brush of rain, a light wind has picked up and the gentle sound of the water drops hitting against the ceiling of the house in waves is a lullaby to those tired. Thankfully, you've already had your rest for now, and whatever it is you're doing after a couple of Waves from waking up, it's what you're doing right now
Argent is doing something abominablefilling in for the cooking while Sarah rests. This would normally be okay, except…
Jnezdie flops awake from the pile of pillows and blankets he set himself upon after the Wraith incident, and has taken it upon himself to do his morning katas on the roof of the house, standing on one foot.
Argent: …she's -trying something new-
Sarah on her part her decided to spend the majority of her time taking care of herself, you're not sure where from but she's produced some personal care materials, and is putting her vanity to work right now (she even asked Argent if she wanted her nails painted). Also performing some maitenance on her machinery
Argent , for the count, didn't want her nails painted.
Jack‘ is seated at a table, scribbling down notes on a roll of parchment.
From atop the roof, as Jnezdie practics, he spies an interesting sight. A few houses further down, behind a wall of bushes (the angle here is just so), a pair praticing. They’re both wearing military armor, sparring. With one unique difference, one's using magic, the other's mostly praticing how to block magic with a shield
Gavriel would probably have been struck dumb for weeks if Argent had rolled up with painted nails, to be honest. (As is, Gav's reading - some materials that he'd borrowed about the latest advances in Material firearms technology. It's what passes for light reading, apparently.)
Jnezdie also spies another interesting little detail, a moogle is running down the street towards your house. His light steps, his clothes, his beret- A messenger
Jnezdie is totally a peeping tom, angling about on his tiptoes to watch their technique. As the moogle advances, though, he hops from the roof into a front flip, landing in front of the moogle as he reaches the house.
The moogle suddenly flips backwards as you land in front of him, his left hand aimed at you, the glint of a hidden gun under his sleeves. He blinks "Kupo" he lowers one hand and extends the other "To K-Art Gavriel. Take it you're a friend, kupo?"
Jnezdie: "You know it. Come on in!" He smiles and opens the door wide for the moogle.
The moogle nods "Thanks, kupo" he says, stepping in, and looking around. He nods to himself and grins, extending the letter to Gavriel once he catches sight of him "Here, for you"
Jnezdie: "Company's here! Rise on up, Gav!" he calls to the Varg.
Argent: The sizzling of food can be heard from the kitchen, along with a rather strong smell
Gavriel: "Oi, Jnezdie, I'm right here!" He's in an armchair in the main room - extends a paw out to take the letter, nodding respectfully to the moogle messenger, opening the letter.
The letter is a message from Kaela. It's a simple request of your presence, and says that she has an urgent mission for you and you need to get a briefing from her
Argent: Several hard slams, followed by a call of "Oi, food's ready. I tried something new this time!" Argent calls out as she brings out six plates
each with what looks like a rather -large- egg, fried over-easy and alone on the plate
Argent: …two of them were intended for Sarah
When Jnezdie's eyes fall on the words on the letter, her handwriting is as tired as it's possible to be and yet still be able to pretend it isn't
Jnezdie scrunches up his lips at the letter, but brightens up again when Argent brings out the plates!
Jnezdie: "oh hey! Thanks, Arge!"
Sarah is by this time in the living room too, and smiles once she sees the eggs "Ahh, nice"
Argent: "Don't thank me. I just felt like giving Sarah a break."
Sarah smiles, she looks fairly happy chowing down her food
Gavriel passes the letter around for others to read, summarising it for those who don't want to read - quirks an ear up at the food. "Thanks, Argent!" If it's terrible, he probably won't bat an eye - once you've survived the mess halls in the Material kingdom, nothing scares you anymore.
The moogle messenger just gives a "Kupo" and steps out, smiling but still
Argent: …to those eating it
once the heat hits you, it tastes like biting into an exploding incendiary bomb
Sarah: "Hrm… Did you use pepper, Argent?"
Jnezdie scrunches up his lips -again-, way tighter than before, and hopelessly gestures with his eyes towards Jack and Gavriel to pass the juice.
Jack‘ rubs at his chin. "We certainly are doing a lot of military for for the, ah, military without … all being in said military. One of the hazard to heroic, I suppose!"
Argent: "Yeah? I didn’t know what'd work for the right amount of flavor, so I just bought a bunch of the different peppers in the market, cut them in half, put them in the pans open-face-down, and cooked the eggs in the juices once they flowed and mixed well enough. Oh, and I think we need new pans. They're looking corroded."
Gavriel digs in! He… doesn't seem to mind. …maybe it's a Varg thing? (Totally passes Jnezdie the juice, though.)
Sarah giggles, she seems unaffected by the power of the egg grenades "It's alright, a pan is only good after it's well-used. New pans don't cook as well"
Jnezdie has tears streaming from his eyes and somehow the black skin on his face is turning slightly red.
Jack‘ turns back around in his chair, blinks, then decides to continue writing rather than making his way over to the breakfast table.
Gavriel gives Sarah a quiet nod, mid-mouthfuls.
Jnezdie sips- sips- sips- gulps- takes a deep breath.
Gavriel: "…gonna be okay, Jnezdie?" …is he grinning a little?
Argent eats hers, not seeming to be affected either way. "…hm. Maybe I should’ve gotten different peppers."
Jnezdie squeaks out in a raspy, high voice. "mm fine!"
Argent: "Who came here, anyway?"
Jnezdie: "
and damn right about bein' in the military, it'll help us get outta here faster when that barrier goes down!" Spoken pretty quickly, still in the raspy, high voice.
Sarah smiles at Argent "Maybe I can get you some better ones. Actually!" she stands up, and stretches "I have a… Well, a contact I need to meet, and i'm very sure she has some Hades Finger pepper sauce, you'll like them!" she says "Hm… I might take a while, though"
Gavriel: "Moogle messenger from the K-Com."
Jack‘ mumbles as he continues to write, "(And then an unprecidented attack was launched upon the boisterious heroes tongue…)"
Jnezdie ’s eyes sink and he sadly stares at Sarah as though she just stabbed him in the back.
Argent quirks an eyebrow at both. "I see."
Argent: "What'd it say?"
Gavriel looks thoughtful. Hades Finger pepper… that's probably a spicy one! "Hah, Jnezdie, afraid of being put to the test?"
Gavriel glances back towards Argent, though - "Nothing too specific. She's got an urgent mission for us, will give us a briefing once we're there."
Argent: "Ah, okay then."
Jnezdie fumes (almost literally) and slowly turns his head to glare at Gavriel. "We'll see how" coughs "how you're still standin' after tryin' one of those peppers!"
Argent continues eating, and drinking coffee
Gavriel nearly grins, again, out of the corner of his mouth, nods gravely. "Indeed we will, Jnezdie."
Jnezdie GLOWERS. He gets the feeling Gavriel is making fun of him!
Gavriel would never do something like that to a trusted friend :( Just… a friendly competition between fellow fighters!
Argent: "…You sure you need that much juice?"
Gavriel: "Yeah, he probably does."
Argent: "We are going on a mission, after all."
Jnezdie tunrs off the glower and turns around. "S-sure! Helps the circulation!"
Gavriel: "That's the spirit!"
Argent: "Anyway, let's hurry up and see what the K-Com wants of us."
Jnezdie: "Yes!" He quickly stands from the table, definately not that hungry anymore/ :(
Jack‘ is glad he ate enough to last him weeks during the party. hah!
Gavriel: "…probably a good idea." He polishes off the rest of his incendiary egg, gathers his things.
You make your way towards the CIC, the trip is slightly unnerving, not because something strange happens during it, but because something does not. When you reach Sector Bewaker you see… Far less people now than there was last time you were here. And when you enter the castle you realize there is only a small skeleton crew. You make your way towards Kaela’s room, and the place does
JayM: looks like it has less people around than normal
Jnezdie stretches his arms up and puts his hands behind his head, letting his sleeves billow. "Town's just for us, it seems."
Argent: "…Hoping to hell there wasn't more than one Wraith."
Jack: "Shall we serenade it come dusk, Jnezdie?"
Jnezdie: "'d prefer more of an audience, but it's a larger stage, yeah?"
The door to the commander's room is open this time. Kaela is at her office desk, reading at report intently (Jnezdie, she's about to pass out any second now). As soon as you show up she stands up "There you are" as she walks around the table to head towards you, she has to take a moment to put a hand on the wall and wait a half-second. At this moment, Ranel approaches "Commander, you
JayM: really need rest some " he says in a serious tone
Argent: "Oi, got the message, K-Com. What's the situation?
Jnezdie: "The man's right, ya' know." He nods sagely.
Gavriel frowns. (Gav's in public and frowning, must be a day ending in 'y'.) He frowns even more once they reach CIC - it doesn't take a fellow elvaan to see how exhausted she is, when she braces against the wall like that. Still, protocol - he salutes.
Kaela shakes her head slightly "It's alright" she looks to the side, towards the wall "Come, Commander, i'll handle the briefing" she looks about to give up, and nods to him. She puts a hand in the wall, and it opens up. But Ranel stops her from going through by putting a hand on her shoulder "I will not let you eschew your bed for the stairs again. You'll rest, even if I have to chain
JayM: you to your bed " Kaela makes a dismissive motion to him " Don't worry " Ranel sighs and, cerimoniously puts a hand over her shoulders, and the other hand over her eyes, what is all that is needed for Kaela to pass out right there
Ranel: "I am deeply sorry for this, but she really fails to realize her own limits"
Jnezdie: "A'int a thing. Good work, yeah?"
Ranel carefully takes her in his arms and puts her down in her chair "Shall we get this briefing done with? I need to see her to her home"
Argent: "Well, that's what we're here for, so let's get to business."
Ranel: "We have been getting… A large amount of reports of what appears to be an incredibly brave Ethereal commando making it's way towards the fortress"
Jack‘ scratches at the side of his face.
Argent: "…another one?" Argent sighs. "Please don’t say it's another Wraith."
Ranel: "It is a… Very different attempt from what other infiltrators we've seen, this single warrior seems to be counting on speed and teleportation magic to evade all troops nearby and apparently has some specific target in mind"
Argent: "Definitely a change of pace, anyway."
Ranel: "No, certainly not. This one is far less subtle, though no less dangerous. We have lost it somewhere in the northwest, no less than a kilometer from our walls. We have all of our scouts out to find it, but no luck. The rest of the personnel is assigned to defense of key positions. We need as many men as we can muster"
Ranel: "I would ask of you to look for it, and stop it"
Argent: "Got it. That explains a lot here, anyway."
Gavriel is glad she's got Ranel looking after her… and that she's no longer got to worry about people taking things and running them into stories, and- well. He frowns all over again at the news of another Ethereal assault. "…hm. I've not heard of that tactic, before."
Jnezdie: "How weird, if'n he's got a target in mind but can't get close enough to finish the job."
Jnezdie: "I a'int complainin', though."
Ranel: "Certainly neither have I. But he might be getting closer by the moment, even though we have some… Special defenses against teleportation magic, we do not have anything definitive"
Ranel: "And this one appears to not run out energy to fuel his spells"
Jnezdie: "Guy's got any downtime? Maybe a Wave between attacks and such?"
Jnezdie: "Hmm..
Ranel: "No, straight path, on the move for the last three Waves until we lost it, the troops it has had to evade have proven to delay him, but not for long"
Argent: "I take it they're still alive?"
Gavriel: "Hm. And no idea what the target is, specifically?"
Ranel: "Yes, a short skirmish, a few wounds, and it escapes. IT is not interested in combat"
Jack: "One might be suprised ow long a quiality ether can last. I believe htere are ways to greate decent swaths of mana from very little as well, but hrmrmrmrm."
Argent: "…It? They can't determine what the enemy is, even?"
Ranel: "It appears to be closing in towards the walls closer to Leven"
Ranel: "It's been identified as a human, but it strikes with great speed so a gender and description are hard to come by"
Ranel: "I can… Say that it seems to be wearing something orange, is all"
Argent: "Eh, looks like that's all we've got to go on at this rate."
Jnezdie: "All's I'm gonna say is- this wall won't fall."
Argent: "If the enemy's got teleporting, it doesn't need to, Jnezdie."
Argent: "Just teleport past the relevant defenses, speed through the rest.
Jnezdie looks to Argent, back to Ranel, and sighs dejectedly. "Metaphor."
Argent: "Anyway, guess we might as well move to intercept."
Argent: "Unless there's anything else you can add to the briefing, or other contacts who might know more?"
Ranel: "Good. Move out."
Jack‘ chuckles at Argent, shaking his head.
JayM: He’s serious, but neither stern nor commanding
Argent nods.
Argent: "Got it. Let's go."
Argent starts on her way out in such a case
Jnezdie: "Next time we see ya', we'll be the ones carrying a body over our shoulders, yeah?" He nods to Ranel and then Kaela.
Gavriel salutes, nods, heads out. "…he's got to have some sort of limited resource. It's the ethereal weakness; they can do their tricks with near certainty of success, but they can't -sustain- it forever. If we can… hmm…" He talks, mostly to himself, as they walk away.
Argent: "Unless it's not necessarily an Ethereal trick."
You're shown the fastest path towards the north exit of the fortress. The rain hits down in waves as the wind changes directions now and then. A refreshing rain which brings about the sweet smell of honey and candy natural to the swamps
Jack‘ snaps his fingers, then points at Argent!
Jack: "Now you’re thinking outside the box! Haha!"
Argent: "It's simple deduction. They had healing magic in their employ here."
Argent: "What's to say that the Etherealites aren't going to diversify their talents in turn?"
Jnezdie: "Plain fool stubbornness— but I'm thinkin' you're pretty much right in this area."
Argent: "Assuming the enemy's an idiot is the worst thing you can do."
Gavriel: "…if there were a Material-side trick to do that sort of thing… I'm pretty sure we'd know about it, but…
Gavriel is given a small pack of crimson tracer bullets, he's seen those before, used to signal for artillery "Set one off when you find that fool"
Jnezdie: "I have fought a -lot- of idiots."
Argent: "Bad habit to get into, that."
JayM: This will requir a TN 6 Huntsman check to find the person!
Argent lets her insight and luck do the work for her, as usual [Lucky:Wilderness]
Jnezdie sniffs and begins the search! [Aptitude: Wilderness]
Gavriel really should be better at hunting suckers down, but… [Aptitude:Wilderness]
Jack: "Perhaps nothing material by itself, but oh… The things that become possible when you combine the power of the two kingdoms!"
Argent: "Could be anything, really. Could be some of that tech they found in a ruin."
Argent: "The point is simple: they're taking advantage of what they can."
Takes a while of searching, and surprisingly it's Gavriel's lead that assists you in the end. Gavriel used to work mostly like this, except with more stealth. If she's not using invisibility then there are certain a few things that are left behind, a few obvious paths. She is clearly using the paths that avoid the troops and taking the worst possible route, where the patrols would thus
JayM: be found least often. And soon enough you do find it, you're no more than a hundred meters away from the walls too. A human woman, orange pants, a simple white shirt. In her feet metal boots, colored white, in her hands white gloves, one with blue runes and the other with red runes. In each hand a sphere of energy matching the color of the runes
JayM: She is running directly at you!
JayM: Her body is lithe, but certainly more muscular than other mages you've met
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Warp Commando [F]:1 Argent [F]:2 Jack [B]:3 Jnezdie [F]:5
Gavriel sees her, and howls in response! [Forgotten Howl D19]
About now you see something… Unusual. The air in front of you becomes denser, and it seems as if you were looking through opaque glass. And from atop the walls, a sentinel hears Gavriel's terrifying roar, and looks down and realizes what is going on! He makes a signal, and suddenly two panels open up in the walls as a few more sentinels show up, and start raining cover fire, bullets
JayM: and arrows, towards the Warp Commando!
Jnezdie: "Don't even -need- the tracin' bullets! Hah!"
JayM: Field effects in play! "Barrage" on the Warp Commando's field, 10% of current health in damage every action. "Dragon Shield" on the party's field, -25% to incoming damage
Argent: "Well, that works." Argent draws what looks to be a high-grade but standard-production broadsword. A very utilitarian weapon in appearances, but it looks heavy enough to do some damage nonetheless.
The Warp Commando hisses, a grin on her face and she runs towards Jnezdie, and tosses one of the spheres of energy towards him! Jnezdie evades deftly, it hits the ground behind him. At that she fires the other energy sphere right in front of her and a hole opens up in the ground and she jumps at it, and from behind Jnezdie she comes landing a flying kick at his back
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 73 ( Total: 73 ) **
JayM rolled 1d10+108 and got 7 ( Total: 115.0 )
Also rolled 1d100 and got 7 [Total: 7 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 122.0, Avg: 7.00
JayM: 115 Physical Melee damage and Slow(4)!
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 568/663, MP: 157/157, LP: 200/300, SoS: 165 - Slow (4)
JayM: Argent!
Jnezdie lurches forward and rolls to regain his balance, but his movements are slowed…
Jack: "Ohoho!"
Jack: "Coreographing this is going to be trrrrickyyyy later!"
Argent: "Nice tricks." And with that, Argent dashes forward, taking a pair of slashes at the Warp Commando with her sword. [Pummel, 41D]
Argent rolled 2#d100(1) and got 31 ( Total: 31 )
Also rolled 2#d100(2) and got 28 [Total: 28 (Low), Avg: 28.00]
Total: 59, Avg: 29.50
The Warp Command backflips, tosses a sphere of energy in the ground under her and another behind Argent, but the strike hits her before she moves out of the way
JayM: Two hits!
Argent rolled 2#1d10+96(1) and got 4 ( Total: 100.0 )
Also rolled 2#1d10+96(2) and got 7 [Total: 103.0 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 203.0, Avg: 5.50
The Warp Commando flips and dodges with the grace of a bird
JayM: Jack!
JayM: Tsk, Jnezdie I forgot to count for the field effect on the damage she outputted right there, do take it into account
Jack‘ waves a hand over the wooden cube then begins to strike up a [Rousing Melody] [Haste(4)]
[OOC] Jack: 38D
Jnezdie speeds back up again!
JayM: Jnezdie!
Argent: "Heh…the balance on this thing’s pretty good. I could get to like it."
Jnezdie: "Here I come!" Sheets of dark energy are sliced as Jnezdie brings his katana to bear [Soul Eater, 47D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 50 ( Total: 50 ) for 85-EVA / 15 crit
JayM: That is a hit
Jnezdie slices across in a wide arc, trying to catch the commando as it tries to escape! Shadow energy cascades from his wide swipe!
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+528 and got 8 ( Total: 536.0 )
The Commando flips backwards and into a gate, but the blood that trails behind her as she comes out of the other indicates she was hit hard
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Jack [B]:22 Argent [F]:24 Warp Commando [F]:25 Jnezdie [F]:33
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel frowns. "Argent, Jnezdie… look for the tells! If you're careful, you'll be able to predict her actions, and strike while she's unprepared!" [Advice 27D]
[OOC] Gavriel: Critical Up (3)
JayM: Ooh, Gavriel's wise!
Jnezdie: "Hmmm…gotcha!"
Argent: "Yeah, I can tell how she fights already."
[OOC] Jack: to party
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ squints at Gavriel for a moment, then segues into a [Valor Minute]! [Brave (4)] [38D]
JayM: BRAVERY TO ALL
JayM: Also a stuck shift key
JayM: Argent!
[OOC] Argent: HP: 634/634, MP: 95/95, LP: 9/300, SoS: 158, Haste[4], Brave[4], Critical Up[3]
Argent rushes forward to strike twice more, pressing the offense [Pummel, 33D]
Argent rolled 2#d100(1) and got 9 ( Total: 9 ) for 80-EVA, Crit 15
Also rolled 2#d100(2) and got 17 [Total: 17 (Low), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 26, Avg: 13.00
JayM: God, that will hurt in the morning, Argent
JayM: Crit and hit
Argent rolled 1d10*1.25+96*1.25 and got 4 ( Total: 125.0 )
Also rolled 1d10*2.25+96*2.25 and got 7 [Total: 231.75 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 356.75, Avg: 5.50
The Warp Command grins, and charges up the energy spheres in both hands [CT 10]
JayM: Jnezdie, she’s looking at a point slightly behind you
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Jnezdie [F]:6 Warp Commando [F]:8 Jack [B]:33 Argent [F]:35
JayM: Gavriel!
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Jnezdie [F]:6 Warp Commando [F]:8 Argent [F]:27 Jack [B]:33
JayM: Fixed
Gavriel shakes his head from side to side, a bit angrily. "…not if I can help it…" He fires! [Dark Buster CoS 110, 43D]
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 ) for 90 I think?
[OOC] Gavriel: alas :(
JayM: Sadly, it's 80
JayM: Wait, no
JayM: It's just 100
JayM: Hit spot on
Gavriel rolled d8*1.25+117*1.25 and got 6 ( Total: 153.75 ) for physical ranged damage, Inflicts Blind (2)
She waves and dodges, not fast enough.
JayM: Blind(1)
Jnezdie looks at a point directly on her! …not like -that- you guys. But the both of them do glow red as Jnezdie streaks right for her… [Night Sword, 47D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 65 ( Total: 65 ) for 85-EVA / 25 Crit
JayM: Got, spot-on hit
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*1.25+264*1.25 and got 9 ( Total: 341.25 ) for HP drain
[OOC] JayM: 341] returned to you!
The Warp Commando winces, growls and runs foward, and tosses a sphere right behind Jnezdie, and one right below her feet! She pops out the other side, and before the momentum lets her fall she tosses another foward and another below her feet, changing the portals positions again and dives down, she flips upwards- She's close to the wall! "Warp!" and in a flash she's gone! [Run Away]
Argent: "Well shit."
Jack: "Hahahahah. Well played!"
The sentinels over the wall notice that and scatter!
Jnezdie: "Aww— couldn't have gotten far!"
JayM: If you run, you might be able to catch up!
Jack: "Up to the second floor!"
Gavriel: "…took off like a… hmph." He's running, all right!
JayM: Running [TN 5], there's a doorway to the wall nearby, but to get where she supposedly should be is a little while
Jnezdie sheathes his katana and makes a break for the stairs— ladders— scaffoldings
Argent: "Just shut up and run already!" Running is what Argent intends to do, And hey she's fast. [Dependable x2]
Jnezdie takes off like a dirty shirt! [Trick: Physical] [Double or Nothing: Physical]
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+1 and got 4, 3 ( Total: 8.0 ) for DoN on the first roll.
d10: 9 [Total: 9 (High), Avg: 9.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(1) and got 3 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(2) and got 3 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(3) and got 8 [Total: 8 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 31.0, Avg: 5.00
[OOC] Gavriel: I can EE the first roll to cause it to succeed?
[OOC] Argent: So can I
[OOC] JayM: It
[OOC] JayM: PAssed
[OOC] Jack: No because 4+1=5. SUCK IT
[OOC] JayM: 4+1=5
[OOC] Gavriel: Oh wait nevermind I’m a retard CARRY ON
[OOC] Argent: but wasn't that a DoN?
[OOC] Jnezdie: which means it's worth two successes
[OOC] Jack: ANother excellent reason why you can't post mod it, yes
[OOC] Argent: oh right I forget how DoN works nevermind me
The party runs, and hell do they run like goddamn bats out of hell, at a point Jnezdie is running and dragging GAvriel and Jack by their hands, who can very, very barely keep up with him. You catch up just in time to go up a set of stairs and stop the Warp Commando in her tracks, she looks lost. At about this time you feel, something weird, like some kind of force around you, spiralling
JayM: forward and towards her! Although she certainly doesn't seems to be feelign the same, her movements look sluggish, as if she were wearing weights
JayM: Change field conditions! Party side under Vortex Force, +25% to outgoing damage. Enemy side under Gravity Lock, +10 CoS to incoming strikes
Argent: "Alright, let's take this bitch down!"
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jack [B]:6 Gavriel [B]:16 Warp Commando [F]:21 Jnezdie [F]:26
JayM: Argent!
Argent chooses to indeed continue to press the offensive, slashing twice more at the woman in orange who thinks with portals! [Pummel, 33D]
Argent rolled 2#d100(1) and got 93 ( Total: 93 )
Also rolled 2#d100(2) and got 11 [Total: 11 (Low), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 104, Avg: 52.00
JayM: Miss and crit!
Argent rolled 1d10*2.5+96*2.5 and got 9 ( Total: 262.5 ) for melee physical
JayM: That hurt
JayM: Jack!
Argent misses the first due to the awkward positioning, but then the second one cuts deep
Jack‘ plays the Accuracy up (4) song! [38D]
JayM: Oh god people are hitting so much
JayM: Gavriel!
[OOC] Argent: HP: 634/634, MP: 95/95, LP: 19/300, SoS: 158, Haste[2], Brave[2], Critical Up[1]
Gavriel adjusts his weapon, briefly! [Change Weapon D10]
JayM: Battle order: Warp Commando [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:5 Jnezdie [F]:5 Argent [F]:12 Jack [B]:23
The Warp Commando makes two signs with her hands "Disabling Curse!" she points her right hand at Jnezdie and he feels the magical chains forming around his body
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 10 ( Total: 10 )
The green chains form around his body and press against it until they literally enter his body, and he feels weak and sick! Pain(4), Poison(4)!
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Jnezdie [F]:0 Argent [F]:7 Jack [B]:18 Warp Commando [F]:25
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel outright growls at that and goes all-out!! [MAGNA BUSTER CoS 110 Crit 1-10 D39]
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 89 ( Total: 89 )
Gavriel rolled d12*1.5+585*1.5 and got 6 ( Total: 886.5 )
[OOC] Gavriel: Holy elemental
Gavriel’s Magna Buster sends her flying backwards, and she looks terribly wounded. Then she raises her eyes to stare deep in yours. She flexes her hands, a wave of blue light extends from the gloves, flowing through her veins. She looks angry
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie writhes as the chains work their magic! [Wait, 15D]
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 531/663, MP: 132/157, LP: 200/300, SoS: 165 - Haste (1),Critical Up (1),Brave (2),Accuracy Up (3),Pain (3),Poison (3)
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:8 Jack [B]:11 Warp Commando [F]:18 Gavriel [B]:31
JayM: Argent!
Argent: "
Argent: "Oh yes, this is a definite refresher from Wraiths." Argent comments to herself as she rushes in with a cross-strike to try and close this fight out. [Pummel, 33D]
Argent rolled 2#d100(1) and got 94 ( Total: 94 )
Also rolled 2#d100(2) and got 53 [Total: 53 (High), Avg: 53.00]
Total: 147, Avg: 73.50
Argent rolled 1d10*1.5+96*1.5 and got 1 ( Total: 145.5 ) for melee physical
JayM: Whereas before she was pretty bothered by the damage, she doesn't looks AS bothered this time [145]
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie continues to writhe! [Wait, 15D]
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 425/663, MP: 132/157, LP: 200/300, SoS: 165 - Brave (1),Accuracy Up (2),Pain (2),Poison (2)
[OOC] Argent: HP: 634/634, MP: 95/95, LP: 24/300, SoS: 158, Haste[1], Brave[1], Accuracy Up[3]
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Warp Commando [F]:7 Jnezdie [F]:12 Gavriel [B]:20 Argent [F]:22
Jack‘ waves a hand in front of the wood cube, before slamming down hard on a power chord. [Life Song] [38D]
JayM: Jack!
Jack` rolled 6d10+115 and got 3, 1, 6, 3, 1, 3 ( Total: 132.0 )
JayM: Heals~
The Warp command whispers "Two…" she tosses a sphere in the ground, another in the ceiling and jumps at the one in the ground, and as she appears from the ceiling tosses another in the wall and where she would fall, and from the wall to another and into the ceiling and she proceeds to acquire speed by continously falling and using gates. As she does so she takes a tiny moment to point
JayM: at the party "Stifle Force!" before jumping in the next portal
JayM rolled 4d100 and got 94, 74, 65, 71 ( Total: 304 )
JayM: And of all people, Gavriel is hit with Debrave(4)
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie writhes! [Wait, 15D]
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 446/663, MP: 132/157, LP: 200/300, SoS: 165 - Accuracy Up (1),Pain (1),Poison (1)
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel shakes off the stun! [D45 I think now?]
JayM: Argent!
Argent: "Alright, let’s see how this works…" Argent watches for a second, before listening for the next portal to open and slices upwards, to follow with a kick…[Pummel, 33D]
Argent rolled 2#d100(1) and got 74 ( Total: 74 ) for 80 to hit, 5 to crit
Also rolled 2#d100(2) and got 57 [Total: 57 (High), Avg: 57.00]
Total: 131, Avg: 65.50
JayM: Yep, two hits. Because you still got Acc Up, correct?
JayM: IF so, two hits~
Argent: Yep
Argent rolled 2#1d10*1.5+96*1.5(1) and got 1 ( Total: 145.5 )
Also rolled 2#1d10*1.5+96*1.5(2) and got 6 [Total: 153.0 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 298.5, Avg: 3.50
The impact of the two hits sends the Warp Command flying backwards, but it doesn't slows her down in the least as she uses the momentum of that move to to keep going!
[OOC] Argent: HP: 634/634, MP: 95/95, LP: 29/300, SoS: 158, Accuracy Up[2]
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Warp Commando [F]:10 Jack [B]:11 Argent [F]:28 Gavriel [B]:38
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie finally shakes off the magical chains from within! [Wait, 15D]
Jnezdie: "Graaaaaaaaah!"
Jnezdie: "You're gettin' it now, pal!"
Argent: "You know, it's damn screwed up how she doesn't talk. At all."
Argent: "almost doesn't, anyway"
Jack‘ makes a shrugging motion. "They can’t all be social!"
The Warp Command closes her eyes as she seems to be moving almost on instinct… [CT 10]
JayM: Jack!
Argent: "Given how most of them have been willing to talk their asses off, the Wraith and this one aside, it's a bit of a difference.
Jack‘ strikes the Rousing Melody back up! [Haste(4)] [38D]
JayM: Speeds!
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie: "Gonna stop you here
!!" He dashes towards the dodging Warp Commando as shadow energy rolls off his blade. [Soul Eater, 47D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 57 ( Total: 57 ) for 95-EVA / 15 crit
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*1.25+528*1.25 and got 1 ( Total: 661.25 )
The shadow strike hits her hard, and with a devious smile she tosses a portal where she is going to hit, and another under Jnezdie giving him enough time to fall a few centimeters before her speeding form barrels him from underneath, she tosses another portal in the ceiling and another in the wall angling just so she flies towards Jack, delivering a powerful strike with her elbow to his
JayM: face as she speeds further down the corridor, using the built up momentum to get the hell away from the party!
[OOC] JayM: Run Away
Jnezdie staggers forward and spins around, still off balance "Jeez! It’s almost like she gets off on bein' chased!"
Argent: "Hell no we're not letting her get away! After her!" Argent shouts as she turns and runs to follow
Jack‘ ’s eyes go wide for a moment, before he spins out of the way - spinning for a good number of seconds before righting himself once again. Jack then straightens his collar out, scoffing.
Gavriel gives Jnezdie a level look for a split second before reaching out to right his balance, then dragging him off to follow at a run!
As you give chase you realize that this corridor ends up exiting right where it shouldn't- Sector Leven, the city proper. You catch a few glimpses of her running around ceilings, off walls, using her portals navigate the city as fast as possible, she seems to be heading towards the castle!
JayM: Thankfully, you've been around this place for a while now, and you KNOW this place was actually built with the possibility of something of the sort someday happening. There are hidden pathways, shortcuts, easy steps to take. If you just know your way around, you'll get where she's going faster than her teleport can take her
JayM: So a Navigation [TN 6] check should do it
Jack: "Hrmrmrm. That's definitely not all magic."
Gavriel has been here long enough to know his way around! [Aptitude:Wilderness]
Argent lets her innate knack for this sort of thing and previous experience guide her. [Lucky:Wilderness]
Jnezdie: "Still got the home advantage!" He leaps down, dashing through alleyways! [Aptitude: Wilderness]
Jack‘ rolled 2#d8+1(1) and got 4 ( Total: 5.0 )
Also rolled 2#d8+1(2) and got 1 [Total: 2.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(1) and got 5 [Total: 5 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(2) and got 2 [Total: 2 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(3) and got 6 [Total: 6 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 20.0, Avg: 3.60
JayM: One pass
Argent relies on some of her generalized training to get by on this. [Jack of All Trades]
Argent: "You want a damn chase, I’ll -give- you a chase."
Jack‘ rolled d6+1 and got 5 ( Total: 6.0 )
Gavriel tromps through the way, following his nose like a grizzly varg. [Reliable]
Argent gets an almost predatory grin as she dashes through
those days of living in Rorest helped something at least.
Jack` rolled d8+1 and got 8 ( Total: 9.0 )
[OOC] Jack: er d1q0 but GOOD ’NUFF
A quick chase, going through the side-streets and alleys, the secret passages and ambushways. You make your way to the castle but she's still a fair ways ahead of you and enters the castle! You chase her a little further, she seems to be heading to… The underground levels? She jumps from wall to wall and runs, and as you run you hear steps behind you, seems like some portion of the
JayM: local garrison picked up with you! They run after you but are still a bit ways behind. She stops in front of a doorway, a large heavy black metal door, she skids to a halt "Warp!" but suddenly as she was about to vanish, there's some strange reactiong and she ends up- A few steps behind where she was before
Gavriel tromps his way through. Argent's got the idea- once you've gone on a chase scene out of a bad pulp novel through the streets of Rorest, keeping a map of a place like this and seeing the shortcuts isn't hard!
JayM: At this point the guys behind you come to a halt, one of them tosses you a potion vial, while two of them draw bows and start shooting arcing shots over your heads. Changed field effects: Party side under "Supply Line" , regen 10% of max HP per action. Enemy side under "Supression Fire" , +10D to all actions
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:10 Jack [B]:21 Warp Commando [F]:32 Jnezdie [F]:34
JayM: Argent!
Jnezdie slides to a stop just before her, in the shadow of the large door. He draws his katana and holds it up high with both hands. "End o' the line!"
Argent keeps barreling forward, not stopping at all to try and cut the hell out of that Warp Commando. "Go to hell!" [Pummel, 33D]
Argent rolled 2#d100(1) and got 32 ( Total: 32 ) for 90-EVA
Also rolled 2#d100(2) and got 39 [Total: 39 (Low), Avg: 39.00]
Total: 71, Avg: 35.50
JayM: Twinhit!
Argent rolled 2#1d10+96(1) and got 6 ( Total: 102.0 )
Also rolled 2#1d10+96(2) and got 3 [Total: 99.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 201.0, Avg: 4.50
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel glances at the black door curiously - gives it a little bit of a grateful nod, even if that makes no sense. In any event - he prepares himself for an all-out attack! [Forgotten Howl D15]
JayM: Jack!
[OOC] Argent: HP: 634/634, MP: 95/95, LP: 34/300, SoS: 158, Haste[3], Accuracy Up[1]
Jack‘ sings! And people begin to hit more accurately (4)! [38D]
JayM: Accuracies!
Argent still can’t -stand- Jack's singing. But she'll tolerate it for how it inexplicably helps them anyway
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel sets his sights on the Warp Commando, and tries to end this! [Magna Assault D39 autohit]
JayM: Hiiiiiito!
Gavriel rolled d12*1.25+585*1.25 and got 4 ( Total: 736.25 )
JayM: Jack!
Jack: "TIME FOR ANOTHER VALOR MINUTE!" [38D]
Jnezdie: "This is one rockin' performance you're puttin' on!" His footwork step- step- steps to the beat!
JayM: A powerful minuet, so fierce~
JayM: … Wtf happened to my inits. A moment
JayM: Tsk, right
The Warp Command shakes her head slightly… "Two…" and draws out five glowing white gems from her pockets [CT 10]
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:1 Warp Commando [F]:9 Jack [B]:26 Gavriel [B]:31
JayM: Argent!
Argent: "kgh, not this shit again…Don't let her get away!" And Argent goes for the kill [Beatdown, 33D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 54 ( Total: 54 ) for 65-EVA, Crit 5
JayM: The strike goes off-mark, hitting against the door, which is… Unharmed
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie exhales, glowing red. He dashes towards the 'posing' Warp Commando, and she glows red as well— [Night Sword, 47D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 27 ( Total: 27 ) for 95-EVA / 15 crit
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*1.25+264*1.25 and got 2 ( Total: 332.5 ) for HP drain
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 557/663, MP: 107/157, LP: 200/300, SoS: 165 - Haste (2),Accuracy Up (3),Brave (3)
[OOC] JayM: 332] HP! But it feels weird
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 623/663, MP: 107/157, LP: 200/300, SoS: 165 - Haste (2),Accuracy Up (3),Brave (3)
[OOC] Jnezdie: plus the field effect
The Warp Command turns around and faces the doors, hits all bits of magicite against eachother, and sets them against the door "Escathon" and there is an extremely brilliant white light. And doorway resists… Although not undamaged. There are a few small holes, and you can see through a few of them, another door behind. She looks at the party and puts a hand over a hole, and tosses a
JayM: portal down, and falls through it [Run Away]
JayM: And now the door, damaged as it is, is in the path of the party. Though in this state a Strength [TN 7] check should do it
Argent: Strength? Leave it to Argentdoesn't matter that she's probably a hell of a lot smaller than Gavriel. [Dependable x2:Physical]
Jnezdie sighs and charges the door! [Trick: Physical] [Double or Nothing: Physical]
Gavriel is a Varg, of course he's good at this sort of thing. [Aptitude:Physical]
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+1 and got 7, 9 ( Total: 17.0 )
d10: 5 [Total: 5 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(1) and got 3 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(2) and got 1 [Total: 1 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(3) and got 3 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 29.0, Avg: 4.67
Jnezdie puts his back into it! [Reliable: physical]
Jack` rolled d12 and got 12 ( Total: 12 )
It requires heavy amounts of strength, and Argent pushes and Gavriel pushes and it takes when Jnezdie gets slightly fed up and straight out attacks it to make it open, and the raw momentum of your movement barrels you through two more doors. And then there’s a stairway leading down. The guys behind you nod to you as they split off to go look for reinforcements as you dive further down
Argent simply charges down, forget protocol, this is more important
Jack: "Hrmrmrm."
Jnezdie grins wickedly as his strike felled the door
is he mentally keeping track of something? Regardless, he's speeding along quickly "'ey, Jack! 's on your mind?"
You head down, and there are… Electric lamps in this stairway, and but not normal lamps… They're the natural-light lamps you've seen in ruins. The stairway is made of black metal and leads down, further. And eventually you end up in front of a giant, obsidian-black set of metal double doors. You manage to trap the heavy-breathing Warp Commando between the door and nowhere else that
JayM: is left to go. And then suddenly you feel… Lighter on your feet, and you see her jerk and kneel as if her body's weight is a thousand times greater.
JayM: Party side is under "Sol Zephyr" , -10D to all actions. Enemy side is under "Gravity Field" , 20% of current health in damage every action
Jack: "Www-hoa!"
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Gavriel [B]:5 Argent [F]:7 Jnezdie [F]:22 Warp Commando [F]:23
JayM: Jack!
Jack: "What are you after anyways, villian?!"
Argent: "Stop talking and take her out already!" Argent shouts as she stops to readjust for the lightness
Jack‘ pulls out a ceremonial katana and swings it through the air twice, before slamming it into the ground! It instasntly snaps in half and sends energy slamming into their foe. [20D lol floors]
Jack` rolled 2d6+140 and got 5, 1 ( Total: 146.0 )
JayM: "Two…"
Jack: "Oh hush, some of us can multitask m’dear. For instance, I'm still composing whilst we run about through town after the villian!"
JayM: And that hurts!
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel blinks, his fur standing on end a bit… the strangest feeling like he's being watched. He shakes off the stun! [D45 ;_;]
JayM: Argent!
Argent rolls her eyes, before leaping forward and lashing out twice against the stranger, "Well aren't you a damn showoff!" [Pummel, 23D]
Argent rolled 2#1d100(1) and got 78 ( Total: 78 ) for 90-Evasion | 5 crit
Also rolled 2#1d100(2) and got 19 [Total: 19 (Low), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 97, Avg: 48.50
JayM: That is, one hit
Argent rolled 1d10+96 and got 3 ( Total: 99.0 )
JayM: Jack!
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Jnezdie [F]:2 Warp Commando [F]:3 Argent [F]:10 Gavriel [B]:30
Jack‘ has both hands on his lute once mroe as he slips back into the rousing melody! [Haste(4)] [30D]
[OOC] Argent: HP: 634/634, MP: 95/95, LP: 39/300, SoS: 158, Haste[4], Accuracy Up[2], Brave[2], I can’t believe I forgot Brave was there
JayM: So fast! Jack's rousing melody echoes in this chamber beautifully
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie: "Going all out!" He twirls his katana left
dashes forward— twirls it to the right— it's a feint, and shadow begins to tear off of the blade— [Soul Eater, 39D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 79 ( Total: 79 ) for 95-eva / 15 crit
JayM: You're fast, Jnezdie, too fast for your own self, she kicks herself out of the way before you can adjust yourself to your own speed
JayM: Your body moves faster than your brain prcesses the movement
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 491/663, MP: 107/157, LP: 200/300, SoS: 165 - Haste (3),Accuracy Up (2),Brave (2)
The Warp Commando takes deep breaths, points at Argent and Jnezdie and sneps her fingers "Elemental Seal" and blue runes appear under their feet
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 22, 29 ( Total: 51 )
JayM: Both are inflicted with Imperil(4)!
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:20 Jack [B]:20 Warp Commando [F]:23 Jnezdie [F]:31
JayM: Argent!
Jack: "Haha, but isn't that really more of a booster than a seal?!"
Jnezdie: "A'int it called 'creative license?'"
Jack‘ rubs his chin. "Well I suppose glaring discrpencies can be cleared up in editing!"
Argent: "Well, you do something other than run now?" Argent runs in, but rather than going for the pair of strikes, she instead goes to smash the Warp Commando with the pommel of her sword, putting her just that bit off-balance. [Blindside, 31D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 67 ( Total: 67 ) for 105-EVA
JayM: Hit~
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 724/724, MP: 83/127, LP: 108/300, SoS: 181 - Brave (3),Acc Up (2),Haste (4)
Argent rolled 1d10*1.25+144*1.25 and got 4 ( Total: 185.0 ) for Blindside mod
JayM: GAvriel and Jack, in whatever order!
Gavriel nods to Argent, taking advantage of the situation and aiming on the Warp Commando! [Magna Assault D39 autohits]
Gavriel rolled d12*1.5+585*1.5 and got 10 ( Total: 892.5 )
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 724/724, MP: 83/127, LP: 108/300, SoS: 181 - Brave (2),Acc Up (1),Haste (3),Stop (1)
The powerful strike of energy hits her head-on and slams her against the wall "C-conduit…" you hear her mutter, and then her body glows white, and she flies past the doorway as it breaks open!
Argent: "Damnit…" Argent wastes no time in following
Jack: "One more, one more - time for round four!"
Jnezdie: "Oh you’ve GOT to be kidding" He spins around, trying to slash at her as she passes it's no good! He keeps up the chase!
The doorway leads into a brightly lit room, made of gunmetal grey metal, there are tubes in the walls humming and shaking with the pressure inside, there are gears spinning in the walls and the ever-present natural illumination… In the room are three giant pillars of obsidian-black metal, there are wires which come from the ceiling and walls and connect to them, waves of energy colore
JayM: d violet, blue and red go from the pillars to the walls
And the center pillar of the tree, is not entirely made of black metal, two thirds up it, there is a glass case, inside it a large, still-beating heart, translucent and crystalline, still pumping blood into vessels that enter into the pillar itself
Argent: "…I don't know what that is, but it's important. Go as far as killing her to keep it safe!"
And in front of you, the Warp Commando stands up. Her eyes are dead, a dead stare. She turns around and points upwards "Blizzard!" sending a spike of ice towards the glass case
Jnezdie: "…shit, I've got a good idea on what it is."
Jack‘ raises an eyebrow. "I spy, with my little eye… the heart of a very … shapely … madam?"
The spike of ice strikes true, and the case shatters, the ice pierces through the heart
Argent: "Damnit!"
And then everything goes dark in the room
Jack: "…well not for very long I suppose. Villian, that was terribly rude! Now where did I put that phoenix down …"
And then you hear steps "Mm…" two spotlights turn on, pointing at the base of that very same pillar, a human wearing civilian clothes, although in his back a sword chained to it’s scabbard, and an almost paper-thin shield with the blazon of a dragon. It's Zen, from the last scrape in this place "A guest, hrm?"
Another spotlight appears on the broken glass case "Now, who'd be, hrm… Dumb enough to put such an important thing on a glass case now?" and the image of the shattered glass vanishes, revealing there to be nothing but metal underneath "And why wouldn't this room have the best defenses, hrm?" his movements are odd, he is rubbing himself against the pillar, and those moves look awflly
JayM: lewd for some reason. Though closer to a cat high on catnip
Zen: "Ah, my cute warship, if you would, please? The Gravity Demesne?"
Jack‘ squints his eyes, then takes a few steps back into the passage way.
And at that point it feels as if the entire world fell a few meters down, and the Warp Commando is struck flat against the ground by sheer gravity power, and the lights turn back on
Zen has a weird grin to his face "Oh… Thanks for softening the girl up, hrm?"
Argent: "…She takes a surprising amount of punishment for an Etherealite."
Zen: "Couldn’t have actually stopped her without your help"
He draws a finger gently over the surface of the pillar
Zen: "Tough, I guess, hrm"
Jnezdie: "…don't mention it." He gives the man an odd stare, sizing him up.
Argent: "So, you said this is a warship, huh? So, Hvezdami?"
JayM: Jnezdie, Zen is- Have you ever had any sort of drink or… Perhaps heavier drug that makes you feel sort of, you know, giddy? In the mood perhaps? Though the way he is acting around that pillar creeps you out
Zen: "Hehehe… I'd leave that to my ladyship to tell you"
Zen: "Would hate to spill out a lady's secrets" he grins "Specially after learning them all"
Argent: "…hm."
[OOC] JayM: right
Jnezdie: "…right, yeah."
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 56, 28 ( Total: 84 ) **
Jnezdie: "Gotta…keep that kind of thing on lockdown."
Argent steps to a spot out of the sight of Zen and anyone else, before loosening the hat up…
JayM: And at about this moment, the Warp Commando spasms-
JayM: Have you ever seen somebody having a stroke, guys?
[OOC] Jnezdie: ayup
Argent hears- It's odd, it's silent here. Although, no, there is a faint, faint echo. A distant sound, a sound that feels as if it MUST be there, but is trying to be as silent as possible, and you're sure only you can hear
[OOC] Argent: Can't say I have
JayM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HO_Ro_eFlQ
JayM: Well, that is what she is having right now
Argent 's ears twitch as she listens further
Argent tries repeating the faint tune back
Jack: "Er…"
Zen looks down at the Warp Commando "Hmm… Might wanna… Do something? Or not"
Zen: "Looks painful"
Jnezdie: "You're weird, guy."
Jnezdie: "Maybe tweakin' too, I don't know."
Jnezdie: "-You- gonna do anything about her? Anythin' else, I mean."
Zen giggles a bit "Guess I was… Doing something I shouldn't"
Argent: "Explain."
Zen shakes his head "Recon I ain't in a state to… Do much, yeah?"
Jnezdie flattens his stare, and then walks up to the Warp Commando, kneeling and picking her up over his shoulders in a fireman's carry.
Zen grins, and draws closer to the pillar, putting his cheek against and and closing his eyes "Oh, y'know, some chemicals I shouldn't mess with"
Argent: "…ugh."
JayM: God, she is terribly strong. Without properly restraining her you're not going to be able to carry her at all
JayM: (though if you get another person to aid you, it won't be a problem)
Jnezdie: "shit, someone give me a hand here. Zen, hey if you got any cuffs on you it'd be appreciated."
Gavriel raised his good eyebrow, just the tiniest bit- looks between the Warp Commando and Zen- "…there's no need to cause our enemies any more pain than is needed to debilitate them. Jack, can-" -hm, Jnezdie's got it- not quite- Gavriel heads over to help.
Gavriel: "…we should take her somewhere secure."
Argent: "Jnezdie, Gavriel, deal with her. I'm going to investigate this pillar."
Jack: "Ah, ah. You… probably should not approach the pillar, Argent." Jack's nose twitches as his face scrunches up.
JayM: Gavriel and Jnezdie, you're taking the Warp Commando to be treated?
Argent: "Why not?"
[OOC] Jnezdie: detained and treated, sure
Argent: "Aside from the fact that Zen's been rubbing himself all over it."
Jnezdie: "That's kind of a good reason why not, to be honest."
Gavriel and Jnezdie take her up, and she is quickly taken to one of the castle's medical wards. She won't make it to the ward
Argent: "I won't touch it."
Jack‘ deadpans at Argent, then glances at Zen. "I’m rather certain that if the city wantde you playing with it's literally heart they would have mentioned it. Let it be, least you… adjitate things."
Zen grins at Jack
Argent: "And yet this one apparently goes to rub himself all over it while high and giving it commands"
Gavriel and Jnezdie are obviously kept out of from entering the ward, although it takes less than a Mist for them to get the answer, she was probably dead well before she actually made it halfway through the fortress "She seems to have been… Poisoned. I don't think even all the punishment you put on her could have killed her but, her brain… Seems to have, I don't know… Rotted" says
JayM: the Elvaan lady. Interesting, the same one that saved you back then, Jnezdie
Jack: "One of the perks of actually being in command, I gather."
Jnezdie crosses his arms and lets his sleeves fall in on himself a bit more. "Yeesh. At this point I don't even know what we've done was helpin' or not or— whatever, yeah?" He's pretty weirdly on edge.
Zen giggles at Jack
Jnezdie: "…nah, we had to stop 'er."
The medic shakes her head at Jnezdie "Faster she died, the less she'd suffer. I can say that"
Argent gives Zen a look. "You realize I can hear it, right?"
Gavriel looks sick to his stomach, and angry, and… "…ngh. Thank you, Jnezdie." -it's probably not as reassuring as he means for it to be, but. He tried?
Zen grins "Your ears, my eyes… I can see you hearing her. That's why she's silent"
Argent: "Secretive one, huh."
Zen: "When the fire eats the sky"
Jack: "Tis' a feminine trait. One our troupe respects!"
Jnezdie: "Aw, no doubt, just a'int how I work is all. On how I wanted t' get her back here and—"
Zen then sits down, laying against the pillar, looking up
Jnezdie: "Aw, you get it."
Argent: "Are you still going on about that troupe crap?"
The healer nods at Jnezdie "I know… Some things are just… Not how we went them to be"
Jnezdie nods. "…how's everyone else that ran into her before us?"
Jack‘ folds his arms over his chest. "It’s not crap you hooligan! And I'll have you know that many a mercenary group has called itself a troupe before, same as a group of performers, if it appeases your sensabilities!"
Healer: "They're all alright. Some mild poisoning, some slightly stunned, no big damage"
Healer: "This one, did not decide to fight everything, all it wanted was one objective"
Gavriel nods, slowly. She took her life into her own hands when she resolved to attack the fortress… "Do you… are there any identifying insignia or marks?"
Jack‘ gives a flourished bow to the pillar. "You’ll have to forgive my companion, she's blunt as a boulder and none too delicate in social situations. We ought be off now, though. Good day, and thank you kindly for not crushing us as well!"
Argent rolls her eyes. "Whatever. Just don't include me in any performances you intend to run as a distraction."
Jack‘ flicks his cuffs into position after righting himself once more, then spins on his heel to check on the others.
Jnezdie: "’s good to hear. Keep up the good work!" He starts to smile again, gives a thumbs up. (Not as strong as some of the other ones he's done, but it's there.)
The healer sighs… She hands to Gavriel the gloves "Tesseract Special Forces. Special operations and prototype testing" she points to a single symbol of a circle with a cross in it
Healer: "Nice enough guys… Proud of their work…"
Argent: "Hm. I guess I'll talk to the K-Com about this once she's had her rest. I want to investigate further, to be honest." Argent comments as she turns to leave.
Gavriel frowns hard. "I've never even -heard- of them. …Ethereal, I'm assuming?" He's hoping, really.
Zen grins, and looks up
Healer: "… Yes…"
Gavriel gives her a sympathetic look out of his good eye. "Thank you. I'm sorry."
She shakes her head "Nothing to be sorry about. Everything is better as-is than they've ever been" she takes a deep breath "I'll… Perform a more complete examination on her body, to see what they used on her, and if we can counteract"
Jnezdie: "Right on>"
[OOC] Jnezdie: on.
Gavriel nods, again. "Thank you. (Tesseract…)"
The healer takes her leave and steps back in
Jnezdie: "Thanks for helpin' out again. I'm Jnezdie, yeah? Was kind of short on words the first time."
Eileen: "My name's Eileen. It's good to know your name"
[OOC] JayM: +6400
Jnezdie: "You too, Eileen."
[OOC] JayM: +6400 XP/+5120 Gil/+36 AP
JayM: Shining Gem x2
[OOC] Argent: That for the fight, or also including challenges?
JayM: Just fight
JayM: I'll math the challanges in a few
JayM: But for now, Session End!
[OOC] JayM: Epilogue
In a darker coner of the room where the heart resides, a gleam of green can be seen. Sarah looks out from her hiding spot "Really, did you have to make me suffer your mind-addled boyfriend?" "…" "You're a pervert, you know. Thanks for the recharge, however" she closes her eyes
The darkness, and in the darkness is a person, Sarah in the black-and-gold shrine maiden uniform. Across from her, someone who looks much alike her, another bangaa, slightly more sandy color, a black-and-gold military uniform, transformed into a ninja outfit "Reshy…" she says "Did you forget to tell me about the pirates?" the other one looks surprised "Pirates?" she makes a face "Don'
JayM: t joke with me, that woman, her ears were cut, her tail was cut, her nose changed. But there is only one combination that would lead to that tenacity, and only those pirates would bring it here " the other one sighs " I was hoping i'd have them sorted before their trouble reached you "
[OOC] JayM: End

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License