Sw14

Split Worlds - Session 14
It passes, the Pass. For you've been travelling so long and through so much together your sleep cycles have synched up, as such you all end up going to bed roughly the same time. The ones with more energy sleep later, the ones with less sleep earlier, some sleep more, some sleep less. Still, there is sleep to be had in this new residence. Sector Huis is an incredibly peaceful place to
JayM: be, there are not many poeple around, although your house (named Shiei for some reason) is nearby the others
A nice residence, not really posh but comfortable, there are books to be read, electrical lamps (makes some of you wonder where they get so much electrical power of all the houses have them, it's difficult to generate it), and mysteriously warm showers. There are rooms for all, mostly, two single bedrooms and a couple's bedroom, although they did had the grace of setting up a whole
JayM: mini-bedroom in the living room, with bed and temporary wall to go with it
Argent had taken over one of the single bedrooms almost immediately, it turns out
This time, you wake up to the weirdest thing you've woken up to in a long time, although perhaps it's so weird in relation to what you've been waking up lately to. It's the smell of freshly baked goods, slightly sweet, like bread and chocolate. There's a light sound of rustling outside
Jnezdie had asided to Gavriel earlier, that if he wanted the couple's bedroom for him and Sel, or him and Sarah, or any combination of the three, he was free to have it.
Argent: The smell was one thingalmost TOO much hospitality in some ways. Chocolate wasn't something Argent had much, either. The rustling is a bit more suspicious to her, though, and is the main reason she had her clothes and hat onthe hat was on surprisingly well compared to how sloppy the rest of her gear was pulled onnevermind the just-rolled-out-of-bed hair.
Argent readily gets up and checks outside, with one thought that she muttered out loud: 'If someone's trying to break in, I'm shoving my fist down their throat. "
Jnezdie was occupied this morning, however, by stalwartly doing his morning exercises…and then breaking out in a run- pajamas and all, to the front door, to look for the source of the great smells.
Gavriel gave Jnezdie a long, calm stare out of his good eye, no question. (Not, like, an angry stare or anything, just- that look he gives people sometimes.) —regardless, in the morning… indeed, the smell of fresh baked goods- it takes him a few minutes to realise where he is, and what's going on, and that they're not in the middle of a war zone.
Outside of the bedroom, Argent finds out a most curious sight. Sarah is in the kitchen, a variety of small boxes are being wrapped in festive paper, she is currently finishing the wrapping on the last of four. The oven's fire is on, something inside. Sarah is wearing a semi-transparent gown, a small shorts, making all of her features quite obvious. She apparently woke up before anyone
JayM: else. She is gently humming a tuneless song
Argent: "…You're up early."
Sarah looks up at Argent as she shows up "Ah! Didn't expect you to be up" she blinks, and lets go of the gift package and goes to the over, removing a… You've never seen this kind of baked good before, it's wrapped in paper except for the part on top of it, which has grown. There's five others she had already done in the meantime, she puts this one aside to cool
Sarah: "Ah, well… I don't sleep as much!" she looks undeniably happy "Is everyone up already?"
Argent quirks an eyebrow, not quite having taken the scene in. "Hell if I know. You know where the coffee is?"
Jnezdie thump thump thump thump THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP! He's practically sprinted across the den. "Hey, I don't know if you know this, but somethin' smells absolutely great."
Sarah nods, and holds up a hand and, after a few moments she gets Argent a mug of coffee. Then looks at Jnezdie "Good, I thought I hadn't got my hand right"
Gavriel trudges out of his room, after a few moments of catching his bearings- blinking and quirking an ear a bit blearily. Still not a morning Varg, but… "-morning. Sarah, did you..?" -he actually grins, a little.
Sarah: "Say, can everyone wait in the living room for a little bit? I'm almost done here, i'm sure you'll like it"
Gavriel obediently tromps off into the living room!
Jnezdie nods enthusastically. "Aw, you know it!" He darts back across the den, giving Gavriel a passing-by pat before hurdling the couch and sitting on it.
Argent: "…Sure." Argent not-quite-awakenly nodded, shuffling off to the living room while sipping coffee.
Jnezdie: "From the ab-so-lute pits of existence to this baked, warm, home paradise. Things is lookin' up."
It takes a while longer, a few more mists! And she returns, a little bit of a comical image, six bits of baked goods, you've never seen those before, in her arms and somehat comically tied to her tail four gift packages wrapped in green and golden wrapping with red ribbons trailing behind her
She has a little bit of trouble setting up the baked goods on the table, though insists on doing it herself, and then properly puts the gifts on the table "So!"
Jnezdie gives a bit of exaggerated applause as Sarah juggles putting the baked goods down and finally succeeds!
Sarah: "A special holiday is coming by in my homeland. One where we celebrate love and friendship, and its a tradition to give out presents!"
Argent: "I…see." Argent quirks an eyebrow. "That explains a lot."
Sarah: "It really should only be in four Passes from now but… I'm sort of eager, you never know when you'll get a chance to rest!"
Sarah: "So, these are for you!"
She hands one gift package to each, although she blinks when she's got Jack's in her hands "Oh… He slept in?"
Argent: "I guess. Or he's out. One of the two." Argent replies, sipping more of the coffee and looking at the box handed to her
Sarah smiles "Anyway! Those are chocolate fruitcakes" she points to the baked goods "Can't find the fruits normally used for it, so I did a chocolate version! My favorite too!"
Jnezdie: "Can't wait to see his face though, 'cause I sure can't see mine." He's smilin' wide like a fool.
Gavriel blinks. "…wish I'd known, Sarah, I'd have tried to look for something for you." He scratches the back of his neck, a bit awkwardly. They'll have to keep their eyes out for something for her!
Sarah giggles "It's okay! I had forgotten up to now, though"
Argent: "Thought I smelled chocolate." Argent comments as she puts the mug down and reaches for one of the pastries
JayM: Those are good, soft sweet bread with chocolate drops
Jnezdie samples with a small bite…closed eyes and an "mmmmmmmmm
" later, he takes a larger one.
Sarah starts eating too. Though you've got to imagine how she can eat that much. You're probably going to be pretty full about two thirds from yours, and she's going to eat two
Gavriel reached out for a pastry himself… eye widening in surprise. It's… delicious, the sort of thing he doesn't usually get the chance to- or let himself- enjoy.
Argent is surprised herselfespecially given that she's particularly used to her own cooking which could easily be defined in one wordutilitarian.
Sarah: "Come on, open up the presents!"
Argent: Well, there was that one time she tried using spices, but that resulted in people's heads being blown off.
Argent: Gav may or may not be able to attest to that
Jnezdie: "Mm-!! Right, right! Also what Gav said about the tellin' and the timin' and" He shakes his head vigorously. "(I'll worry about it in a bit!)" he quickly mumbles, feeling a little giddy as he pulls at the ribbons on his present.
Argent: "Hey, hold on, it's morning."
Jnezdie: "Eh?"
Jack‘ walks into the room fully dressed, but with his eyes half closed and still sleeping looking. He glances around the living room for a few secdonds, before making his way to the table, grabbing one of th epastries, then hsoving it into his mouth as he plops down onto the couch.
Gavriel looks between Jnezdie and Sarah, trying not to laugh, and failing miserably. (This… this almost feels normal. It can’t last, of course - but Gav still seems to be taking his time, admiring the wrapping, savouring the moment, if you will.)
Argent: "…eh." Argent rummages around looking for a cutting implement to open the present with.
Jack‘ blinks in suprise a few seconds later, before they go wide and he glances bet2ween the other people more than a few times. "Oh my! Which one of you can cook so fantastically when provided with a proper kitchen?!"
The ribbons come undone! It’s a box made of hardened paper, and takes you a small moment to get how to open it up but- A beautiful katana scabbard, black so deep like he haven't ever seen before, it is beautifully decorated with fractal patters that slowly, slowly shift. Also a new shirt, akin to yours in style but with long arms and wide, sweeping sleeves. It's a somber black color, not
JayM: as dark as the scabbard but slightly more shiny, it has a soft-blue hexagonal pattern that starts in the sleeves and slowly fades until it stops about elbow length
Jnezdie energetically nods towards Sarah (and since it's nodding, it takes a few tries to aim it correctly), while still working the ribbon with his hands

Sarah smiles at Jack "It feels good to cook real food after so long…"
Jack: "Ahah! The Maiden, of course! Wonderful!"
Argent: Right before pulling out the chakram from so long ago and cutting the ribbon off on the edges of that before tearing the paper away.
Gavriel finally cracks that laugh at Jack's delayed reaction, silencing himself by means of munching on delicious pastry.
Jnezdie audibly gasps. "Oh my…wow. How did…"
Inside Argent's there is… It's a wooden box, beautifully etched with strange patterns. The wooden box holds… A large amount of oils, cutting implements, sharpening stones and other such specially-crafted weapon maitenance tools. They're actually all strangely light, each one specially fit for one type of weapon and easy to handle, they're not your ordinary fare either, everytihng is
JayM: easely portable and handheld, you can probably use those with one hand behind your back
There is one more thing
Under it all a silver-colored night dress, the lower part looks somewhat side, it has no arms too. It's simple, but beautiful
Jack‘ tilts his head to the side. "What’s going on? Is there a ball taking place that we've been invited to and no one's told me yet?!"
Argent 's eyes widen at the sight of the weapon kit. "Holy -shit-, Sarah, where'd you find this at an affordable price?!"
Sarah smiles "Aha… A friend of mine… She owed me a few things"
Jnezdie looks to Jack, wordlessly mouths words that aren't actually words, then looks down at his present and back to Sarah, smiling.
Gavriel glances from one thing, to the other- his curiosity gets the better of him, and he (carefully, without ripping the paper or crushing any of the ribbons) opens his own parcel.
Jnezdie: "It's amazing."
Argent then looks at the dress in puzzlement. "Err…"
Gavriel's gift package! It looks smaller than the others, however- Inside there is a type of golden-colored wristband, attached to which a large amount of smaller tools, an incredible design method, completely modular, those tools could be used to deal with just about anything his mind could imagine and some he couldn't recognize. What is best, all of those bits and pieces are neatly
JayM: arranged in the wristband so that it doesn't gets in the way of movement
Sarah smiles at Argent "I, uhm… I'm not sure if you really like girl things, Argent. But I couldn't resist"
Sarah: "Must be really sad not to have something nice to wear when you need. So I got you a special dress!"
JayM: She is sincerely smiling
Jack‘ scratches his head.
Gavriel blinks, his good eye widening positively comically as he examines- each by each- the tools on the wristband, blinking. "How is- how is this even- do I have to keep this hidden from people or something, I don’t-" -he's speechless, and grinning like a little kid.
Sarah smiles "They're just tools, Gav! Pretty useful"
Doman (ude.ums.dnyd.84-442rsu|namoD#ude.ums.dnyd.84-442rsu|namoD) Quit
Gavriel: "They're amazing! They're beautiful! They-" -he just sort of splutters for a moment, grinning, then more quietly: "-thank you, Sarah!"
Sarah smiles "I'm just happy I found something you like"
Argent: "Well…I appreciate the sentiment." Argent looks at it, mentally questioning when she'd actually wear this in reality.
Sarah looks eagerly at Jack "Come on, open yours!"
Gavriel turrrrns towards Jack, still smiling. There's one for him too, and now Gav's curious what it is!
Jack: "Open my what now? I do believe I've missed something, Maiden!"
Sarah nudges Jack's present in his direction "Here"
Argent thumbs over to the one unopened box
Argent: "That."
Jack‘ tilts his head to the other side, the picks the box up and inspects it a few seconds. He then proceeds to vicious sghread the wrappuign paper off with his nails while looking curious
Jnezdie is -still- at a loss for proper words, looking on in surprise.
Inside there is… First, a neatly packaged set of… Wiring? They’re strings, Jack can definitely identify them as lute strings, though they seem to be made of liquid silver, one of liquid gold and one of liquid brass, somehow given string form. And then, there is a small (in relation to Jack's hands, rather large in relation to say, Argent's) square device, flat, with a large circular
JayM: button in the middle with an arrow pointing right, and around that button smaller ones with other symbols. Also a type of- It's reminiscent of the headset you've seen in a ruin a while ago, although it has nothing for the sight, it has a piece for the ears
Jack: "…hmm…"
Sarah smiles "That is a music player. It's got a lot of music from my homeland, I thought you'd like"
Sarah gives a quick rundown of what each button does
Jack‘ squints his eyes at it, then pushes the foward arrow button.
Music starts playing on the headset! It’s not too loud, though just loud enough once the headset is on your ears
Jack: "…"
Jack: "MUAWAHAHAHAHA!!!!"
JayM: It's pretty good music, rather soft and mellow?
Jack: "WONDERFUL!"
JayM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V92OBNsQgxU <- This is the first song played
Sarah: "I hope you all like it"
Jnezdie: "Sarah…thank you!"
Jnezdie bows in his seat, then bows again!
Argent: "Definitely appreciated." Argent replies, looking over the weapon kit again. She has no idea what in the hell she'd do with that shiny dress, though
Sarah just smiles "Hehe… Merry Christmas, as they say back home"
Jnezdie: "Like, I don't even…ahaha, I wasn't even expectin' this."
Gavriel is… still kind of grinning. (Was there something -in- that fruitcake!?) "Sarah, you're amazing."
Argent: "I…see. Merry Christmas then?"
Sarah would blush right now "I just- Miss those moments. It's good to cherish them, and remember them"
Jack‘ eventually puts th eheadset thing on and continues fiddling with buttons, all the while making a strange and overly expressive amount odf faces as the music changes.
Argent: "…one question though, if I may ask?"
Sarah nods "Sure"
Argent: "…why are you wearing clothes that are nearly see-through?"
Jack: "GahahahahAHAHAHA!"
Sarah blinks "Ahaha" she looks embarassed "I forgot to change out of my sleepwear"
Jnezdie casually remarks. "Showin’ off her cookin' skills, her thoughtfullness- I just assumed she was showin' off more."
Jnezdie: "…guess it's strange because she's not Elvaan, but that's the beauty of multiculturalism."
Sarah looks down embarassedly
Jnezdie might notice she is not looking fully downwards
Gavriel shrugs, languidly, leaning back in his chair, still futzing with the wristband, delightedly. "…not like we're strangers at this point, really."
Argent: "…you sleep in that kind of thing?"
Sarah: "W-when i'm not trying to…" she puts a hand over the right side of her torso, where her metal plating can be seen "Hide this, yes"
Argent: "I…see."
Jnezdie grins conspiratorially at Gavriel, and leans back. "Thanks again, yeah?"
And with that, the beginning of this Pass slowly passes by. Apparently the pastries weren't the only bit of food Sarah had prepared, also some sort of avian and something else, too. God you've never had this much meat too, also rice and potato and mayo salad- Heavens you're not sure where she GOT this much food, it's enough to feed eighteen or twenty people, a veritable feast. She eats
JayM: so much, too, farther more than you've expected her body to be able to physically hold. Regardless, time passes.
Argent: holy crap, food.
Eventually, there's no denial, you attract attention of other people. First one, and then two, eventually four people show up at your house, wanting to know what is that good smell, and Sarah doesn't thinks twice before inviting them to eat some with you, there's more than enough for everyone. They're soldiers of the local garrison, though they're all in civilian clothes, a joyous bunch
JayM: that seem to have taken in the holiday spirit. Of particular note is one human that, different from the others, keeps his sword and shield with him, though he treats them with as much care as one would of an important mement. It's a sword chained in it's scabbard and an unbelievably thin buckler that looks completely useless
And then eventually that too dies down, as your guests go off to their duties. It was so incredible, this little moment of peace, a little normal life
Gavriel certainly doesn't mind sharing! -Or- hanging out with the soldiers at this fortress. It's the closest thing to home he's had since- no, Rorest doesn't even count.
Jnezdie was totally hospitable to dudes and helping serve stuff and all into the mood. It's great to see such an amalgamation of people partying and he's more than a little proud of Sarah's skills, cleanly deferring to her when questions of 'how' are concerned. The 'why' questions, though? Those people get a hug.
Argent was definitely taken aback by this; normality for her was ensuring employment, being on the move, fighting, and the occasional relaxing in a bar with money. This was…unheard of, and were it not for the knowledge that this wouldn't last, absolutely intoxicating
It's already past First Rain when you hear a bell jingling, something you've discovered is quite literally the door bell. When you open it, a rather roly-poly looking Qu, that is, a Qu, is there, it nods rapidly at you "Ah, Shiei residence, right?" it's wearing a military uniform, a courier? "Message" it hands over whoever opens up the door a sealed letter
Jnezdie: "That's us, yeah! Want a bite to eat? I think we've got a little bit more."
The Qu looks more than delighted at the sound of food! And will find all that food amazing, and takes a fair few notes
Jnezdie calls to the group as he vaults the couch once more. "Mail's here!"
Jack: "Had we been expecting?"
Jnezdie strikes it open with a single finger and opens the letter.
Argent: "What's it say?" Argent asks offhandedly, her interest currently captured by a book
The letter contains a simple message, from the writing, striaght from Kaela "Sorry to be a bother, but I am in need of assistance. It have recieved a large number of questions from Sector Leven asking if there is some operation ongoing there, and there is not. I suspect something suspicious is afoot specially since the current troops are almost entirely deployed at the moment. Please
JayM: investigate and report afterwards -K "
Jnezdie: "From Kaela! She's got a little curiosity goin' on, and it goes like" He reads it aloud.
Jack: "Hrmrrmrmrmm."
Gavriel frowns. "That's… hn. Hopefully it's nothing, of course-" -but he's already started to gather his things.
Argent: "Well then." The book slams shut and Argent stands, cracking her knuckles. "Time to earn our keep some more, then."
Argent: And with that she goes to get herself geared up
Jnezdie grins and slides his katana into the brand-new, brilliantly-black, patterned sheath.
Jnezdie does, however, pace a bit in silence, turning over his head on whether to wear his new shirt or if it should be formal wear or

JayM: It's definitely closer to casual wear
Jnezdie is totally wearing the shirt outside, with pride! Chest puffed out, fists on hips!
Once outside, you make your way towards Sector Leven. It is… Silent, disturbingly so. There are only barely enough in the streets for the city to function what means very few people at all. Some people look out of windows, worriedly.
Jack‘ scratches at the side of his face. "It’s quiet. A little… too quiet."
Argent: "Everyone be on the lookout then."
Argent , incidentally, seems to have brought no weapon
Jnezdie cranks up the intensity of his grin as he swaggers down the street, hands jammed in pockets, spent katana hilts softly clinking against each other from their hanging points from the waist of his pants.
You catch a glimpse of someone- An older human woman- running rather scared-looking, she stops at a corner and looks aroundw orriedly
Jack: "Hello, hello! Is something the matter, madam?"
She looks a bit startled "Hum- I don't know. I've been seeing all of them military types prowling the streets, I think something is up"
Woman: "Rather not risk it but, y'know, I needed groceries"
JayM: She's got a small bag
Jnezdie loudly "Hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmms" and exaggeratedly rubs at his head. "Military types?"
Argent: "Can you describe them?"
The woman nods "Yep. Mostly them young ones, all decked out in combat gear, shiny grey uniforms"
JayM: Gavriel
JayM: Grey uniforms
JayM: Only cadets wear those
Gavriel is filling the 'tall, quiet, stony enormous Varg standing behind everyone looking terrifying' role, for the moment. Although, that doesn't work -as- well when there's nobody to intimidate. He'll probably get his chanc- "…grey uniforms. Cadets?"
Gavriel frowns deeply.
JayM: Well, Cadets, Recruits and Students, since 'Cadet' is the word for those training to be Knight-Artificers, Student goes for those training for Knight and Recruit for those traiing for Squire
JayM: Generally called 'Cadets' though
Argent: "So we've either got miscreant cadets, or people impersonating them, I take it?"
Woman: "I dunno, don't know that much"
Gavriel: "…hopefully, the former. Rrh, I hope they're not doing something stupid."
Jnezdie: "Shouldn't have to be runnin' from them, though."
Jnezdie: "Why'd anyone do that?"
Jnezdie: "You'll hafta' forgive me, ma'am, I'm from out of this area."
Woman: "Well, you know. If them military are out like this, something's gotta be off, y'know"
Woman: "Rather not risk, whatever it might be"
Argent: "Right then."
JayM: And snap, now you all might remember that there is a Mixed Rank Academy in Sector Lemmet. You know, it's where the Knights earn their blades and where they put Artificer in Knight-Artificer. Essentially the last step in training (with the exception of Recruits since where they start and end training), where they put the cadets of every rank together. Mostly to learn teamwork and earn their
JayM: espirit de corp, as well as the final little edges in their specific training
JayM: An unusual maneuver implemented slightly less than two hundred Cycles ago, really, they believe this helps the final army cohesion having all the possible ranks train and form together]
Argent: "…right, there's that academy. Would that answer it, Gavriel?"
Gavriel: "Perhaps, but… well, we should probably check in with them."
Jnezdie: "Hm. Need an escort back home, ma'am?"
She nods her head "If you'd be so gracious, mister"
Jnezdie: "Jnezdie, at your service."
Jnezdie: "Lead the way, yeah? I'll be right beside." He trundles on up.
She nods to Jnezdie, and starts heading home. Nothing suspicious at all happens, what is the most odd? Didn't she say there were some amount of military types out there?
Argent: "…Right. When you're done, Jnezdie, remember that we're checking over at the academy in Lemmet."
Jnezdie: "I hear ya'."
Jnezdie waves over his shoulder as he follows the woman.
Jack‘ considers his opens, then trails off after Jnezdie and the woman while fiddling with his lute and thinking.
Gavriel tromps along behind, keeping his eyes out. Occasionally there were signals, if there was a covert operation of some sort going on, but… he can’t see any, so…
Gavriel sees ONE thing. A lost scabbard- Gods, it's a training sword scabbard. Well, the real type of sword but those used for training, this one is so beaten
Argent follows Gavriel, looking around as well for signs of anything really off..
JayM: And it- Is kind of lost smack in the middle of the street, what the hell
JayM: As a note, Sarah decided to stay home this time
Gavriel frowns, tromps up to the scabbard. "…someone got lazy and left this behind." Lazy or… hm.
Jnezdie keeps following her, keeping his eyes open and taking his hands out of his pockets.
JayM: She reaches her home safely, Jnezdie, mission accomplished
Argent: "…huh."
JayM: Going towards the academy? Or got any big ideas?
Jnezdie: "Alright ma'am, take care." He turns back around and heads for the academy.
Argent: Academy time
Gavriel definitely heads towards the academy. There's either some 'splaining to be done, or they'll find clues or an explanation there.
Argent: Because a beaten-up scabbard doesn't feel like too big of a lead on its own anyway
You then make your way to Sector Lemmet. There are buildings made entirely of metal, the entryway to that sector, too, is a pair of large and heavy double doors, big enough for war machines to roll through. And as soon as you enter you hear… Music?
JayM: http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01533/
JayM: No, no it is not music at all but, the beating, clacking and clanking coming from the buildings, the hissing of steam and the noises- Generates music in their rythmic occurance
Jack‘ makes a face as he stops fiddling with his lute.
Jnezdie: "Huh. Guess someone left the stove on."
Jack: "Or… something."
As you make your way towards the Mixed Rank Academy, you get to watch as the workers of Lemmet go about their work, they are all imbued of nearly mindless passion, you’ve never seen anyone work so excited at such hard work. Most of the workshops are open air, a fair few of them have toxic gases. Here they craft weapons and armor at an astouding pace. And there is, a strange sensation,
JayM: energy in the air-
JayM: Have you ever been in a magician's workshop? Kind of like that too
Argent ignores the rhythm. "Looks like this place is a bit more advanced than the districts we've hit so far," she comments as she looks about for the Academy. And that sort of energy in the air…not the same as she's probably felt, anywy.
anyway
Gavriel frowns deeper and deeper the more they poke their nose into things. (So… today's a normal day, after all.)
Jnezdie: "Jeez. Almost feels like home, 'cept with a lot more metal."
JayM: Either way, as you're making your way towards the Mixed Rank Academy a person comes by running- A human man, a fair ways beyind his teens but not yet in his adult cycles. He looks rather desperate- Now that you see him closer your recognize him, he was the one with the chained sword earlier! The sword is in his back, still firmly chained, buckler in the left arm. You notice now it has the
JayM: blazon of a dragon on it, although highly stylized. "Y-you guys! What are you doing here? Wait, no, no time. Have you seen half an army worth of teenagers in cadet clothes somewhere?"
Zen: "Right, i'm Zen, I never introduced myself. Anyway, have you?"
Jnezdie waits, as though if waiting for a punchline. After the man's harried introduction, he replies "…naw."
Jnezdie: "Streets have been dead empty."
Jack‘ shakes his head.
Argent: "Heard reports of them over in Leven, but haven’t seen anything."
Zen: "Dammit! Where'd those- Look, can you help out? This is getting worse by the Mist"
Gavriel steps forward. "Calm down, soldier. What's going on?"
Jack: "Tis why we're here, my man!"
Jnezdie: "What could go wrong with a group of teenagers in cadet clothes trolloping about?"
Zen: "So, situation is… Rather absurd. See, the cadets had the Pass off. But they were mostly staying in the Academy what with the latest training and all but- A trio went out to Leven"
Zen: "Thing is, I think some group of beggar kids that walked into the town a couple of days ago accosted them, and apparently tried to rob them"
Zen: "Turns out only one of the three returned, wounded. I know she hit the dorms, spoke with somebody and next thing I knew every single cadet comes flooding out of the Ultima-forsaken academy"
Gavriel winces.
Zen: "They're just eager, I guess- The ones that we DID catch on time did stop running but almost none of them has got a hold of the full story and they're pretty scared of punishment so I haven't be able to get anything out of them at all"
Zen: "The rest is scattered to the four winds in town"
Argent: "…ugh. So that's what's going on."
Jack: "Ahah."
Jnezdie: "I've seen this dance before."
Jnezdie: "(I haven't, but.)"
Jnezdie: "Yeah- I see what you mean, guy- Zen."
Zen: "The worst part is- Ugh… We've been recieving some reports fitting with a Wraith's MO from the advance guard"
Zen: "If that thing made it's way inside- I'm pretty sure the civvies are on their toes about anything right now but but cadets are probably unaware"
Jack: "Hrmrmrmrmm."
Gavriel goes from looking slightly pained and worried to being on full alert -way- quick. "…rrgh. Is there any sort of fort-wide warning system that could be-" -surely they'd have thought of that already, he cuts himself off.
Argent: "So, what would you have us do? Find the cadets, or find and neutralize the reported threat?"
Zen: "No- The contact systems are direct to the guardposts only"
Zen: "Get me the cadets, for Phoenix's sake"
Zen: "There is alredy a couple of teams on the Wraith report, i'm the only one that can be spared to run after the kids"
Zen: "(What am I saying they're generally same age as me, most are older…)"
Gavriel nods. "Don't worry, soldier. We'll help you gather them. (…cadets.)"
JayM: This will take one of two pathways, then
Jack: "Aye aye."
JayM: Either you can perform a full and thorough search using Huntsman [TN 4] or, imaginating that they're after robbers check the areas where they'd obviously search for them, using Streetwise [TN 4]
Argent is going to case what would be the most likely areas; her time in Rorest and dealing with the smaller jobs has helped her a lot with that… [Streetwise, unless there's any opposition?]
Gavriel is definitely more skilled at the street beat than a thorough search; he'll team up with Argent with no questions.
Jack‘ rolled d12 and got 9 ( Total: 9 ) **
Also rolled 3#2d8(1) and got 2, 3 [Total: 5 (Low), Avg: 2.50]
Also rolled 3#2d8(2) and got 5, 8 [Total: 13 (High), Avg: 6.50]
Also rolled 3#2d8(3) and got 6, 6 [Total: 12 (High), Avg: 6.00]
d8: 7 [Total: 7 (High), Avg: 7.00]
d6: 4 [Total: 4 (High), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 50, Avg: 5.56
Argent: […yeah, Trick x2 and Expertise]
It takes a little asking around the shadier (are they even shadier? Well-illuminated, really, but what passes for shady in this place) portions to figure where the beggar kids went to. You make your way around, crossing a few alleys and stairs, until you reach the front of a warehouse. The front lock is broken, the door is slghtly ajar
Gavriel grits his teeth. Fucking abandoned warehouses, seriously.
JayM: It’s NOT abandoned
Argent peeks and listens in, naturally. Damn warehouses…
JayM: IT has an owner, and is well-maintained! It's been broken in, though
???: "We promise we'll behave!"
JayM: Those are the voices you hear
Jack: "O-ho."
JayM: Heading in?
Jnezdie heads on in, hell yeah.
Jack‘ isn’t heading in first, but he's heading in!
Argent eyerolls and asides to Gavriel. "As usual, doesn't even bother to assess the situation before barging in…"
Gavriel tromps in. "(No situation to assess, we found what we were looking for.)"
Once inside, you need to make your way around a few crates, but you catch a glimpse of an interesting visage. Two street urchins on the ground, looking pretty beaten but not heavily wounded. Standing over them, four cadets, one of them pretty wounded and bloodied and with a knife mark on his torso. Behind the four a female human, shaking, her uniform thorn, glaring down at the urchins.
JayM: You take a moment to realize that the cadets's weapons are shaeathed, and from the state of the urchin's bodies, they got a fair few blunt strikes, probably water bullets, too.
JayM: A savage beatdown, but definitaly a non-fatal one
JayM: However, sadly, you will need a Danger Sense [TN 6]
Jnezdie assessive quite well passively, thank you very much. [Expertise: Danger Sense] [Aptitude: Wilderness]
Argent lets her luck and instinct guide her on this. [Lucky: Wilderness]
[OOC] Jnezdie: *assesses
Gavriel is sensitive to danger! [Aptitude]
Jack‘ rolled 2#d8+1(1) and got 4 ( Total: 5.0 ) for TN 5
Also rolled 2#d8+1(2) and got 8 [Total: 9.0 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 4#d8(1) and got 6 [Total: 6 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 4#d8(2) and got 1 [Total: 1 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Also rolled 4#d8(3) and got 7 [Total: 7 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 4#d8(4) and got 2 [Total: 2 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 30.0, Avg: 4.67
JayM: Say, who here is most likely to cover someone about to be shot?
Argent would more likely kick them out of the way than cover
[OOC] Jnezdie: Gav. Failing that, Jnez
[OOC] Jnezdie: Unless Gav says different
[OOC] Jnezdie: Then Jnez is shounen hero enough to do it
[OOC] Gavriel: …probably me, yeah. >_>;
[OOC] Gavriel: Or Jnez, he’s fierce, but Gav totally would. <_<
A moment of clarity, that feeling of impending danger. That chill down your spine, Gavriel- You've felt this before, a Wrait! No time to react, a spell is directed at somebody, the shaking cadet girl, either you get in the way now or she's hit-
Gavriel bounds through the air on instinct before his brain even catches up; it's what you -do-, and he roars a warning!
A rapid movement, just three steps, and you feel it. A horrible, dangerous energy hits your back, no sensations but it surges through your mind, your thoughts become scrambled for a moment, it eats away at your mind, you can't think, you feel like- No, you're NOT going to yeld to this spell. You've went to a gods-forsaken Dead Ruin, FOUGHT in there, and returned. It's not this measily
JayM: little spell that will break your mind
Argent whirls around
Gavriel moving like that isn't normal.
You turn around just in time to see the Wraith's invisibility spell wear off- a Nu'Mou
Jack: "?!"
Argent: "More of this shit again, huh?"
Gavriel whirls around in slow motion, gritting his teeth and snarling, nearly buckling, but- his eyes meet the Nu'Mou's and he howls in defiance, incapable of forming words, but hearing that sound out of someone whose mind ought to be shattering should… disquiet the Wraith…
That spell, Gavriel knows what it was… Dead Ataraxia, the most powerful spell in a Wraith's inventory, not really combat-worthy, meant for the worst targets. It completely obliterates the target's mind, turning it into nothing more than a mindless, thoughtless puppet
Jnezdie whirls about and draws his katana in one motion, the *SHINNGG* echoing throughout the warehouse. "Kids, cadets- you'd better wander on outta here. Your vendetta's over."
JayM: Not like even the most powerful mind-control spell has SOMETHING to control after someone's been hit with Dead Ataraxia
The wraith looks terribly… Peaceful, calm, the headband over his eyes, impassive face
Argent wastes no time, cocking her fist back and thrusting her open palm forward, sending a bolt of white light toward the wraith.
The cadets know when they're outmatched, and nod to Jnezdie and beat it- Two of them heft the urchins in their shoulders before running. The Wraith moves, attempting to follow them, but the party intercedes
JayM: Begin combat!
Jack: "Hrmrmrm that's a farth bit more than called for, isn't it?! Hmph!"
Gavriel keeps… breathing. On his own tempo, not on the magic's- all of his fur standing on end- "-rrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!"
Argent is already in a combat stance
unarmed, even, as she looks ready to beat the crap out of something. Such as that Wraith.
[OOC] Argent: HP: 606/606, MP: 90/90, LP: 166/300, SoS:151
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Wraith [F]:0 Jack [F]:2 Argent [F]:4 Jnezdie [B]:4
JayM: GAvriel!
Gavriel grits his teeth, preparing his weapon. "I've… faced… worse than… you…" He sights along his gun, aiming for the shot that will count: [Silence Buster D59] [CoS 105]
Gavriel rolled d8+117 and got 6 ( Total: 123.0 ) for 55 CoS Blind, inflicts Silence (2)
Also rolled 1d100 and got 24 [Total: 24 (Low), Avg: 24.00]
Total: 147.0, Avg: 15.00
JayM: They're professional assassins, Gavriel, Wraiths need to words to cast. I: Silence
The Wraith sits in a lotus position as water wells up from his feet. Except he doesn't sits on the ground, he seems to float in the air or even remain supported in position only by his tail. The water forms a circle around him as he focuses, and then the water falls to the ground and he remains in position [Aqua Communion]
JayM: Battle order: Jack [F]:0 Argent [F]:2 Jnezdie [B]:2 Wraith [F]:21 Gavriel [B]:57
[OOC] Jack: argent should be one tick ahead of me goofus
JayM: Er
JayM: At 1?
JayM: No wait
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jack [F]:1 Jnezdie [B]:2 Wraith [F]:21 Gavriel [B]:57
[OOC] Jack: she has 9 SPD, I have 8
JayM: Like this?
[OOC] Jack: yes
[OOC] Argent: Yes.
JayM: Argent!
Argent wastes no time in dashing forward, attacking with a roundhouse kick meant to send the Wraith off-balance to some degree. [Blindside, 38D]
JayM: Man, hitting the blind guy
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 83 ( Total: 83 ) for Hitting the blind guy with blindside at that
JayM: You do in fact do that
JayM: Er- Unless you have less than 83 CoS which I think you do
JayM: Strange, your strike impacted him directly, but left no effect?
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ gets things going with a rousing melody! [38D] [Haste(4)]
JayM: Faster and faster, mawarumawaru
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [B]:0 Wraith [F]:19 Argent [F]:36 Jack [F]:37 Gavriel [B]:55
JayM: Status for Wraith [F]: Blind(U) Faith(U) Tranq(3)
JayM: Jnezdie!
JayM: Why are you in the friggen back, for heaven’s sake, and Jack front
[OOC] Jnezdie: an excellent question
JayM: Anyway, you're now non-inverted
JayM: Goahead
Jnezdie: "Not even gonna flinch, are you? We'll see how long you hold that face." He calmly brings his other hand up to grip the bottom of the katana…when hand touches wrapping, there's a crack of lightning, and bolts of electricity dance up and down his katana. [Lightning Sword, 27D]
The Wrait gently raises a hand up, and speaks "Descend…" a sphere of darkness forms in his palm, and then it expands until it covers you all "Darkness Angel…" and he points his hand forward, and as he moves his hand you can hear a swooshing noise and a horrible, terrible keening sound
JayM rolled 4d100 and got 26, 94, 22, 93 ( Total: 235 )
Jack and Jnezdie feel a horrible pain as something is slices in their midsection and the darkness vanishes [Death]
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jack [B]:1 Wraith [F]:13 Gavriel [B]:19 Jnezdie [F]:31
JayM: Argent!
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 0/632, MP: 120/148, LP: 190/300, SoS: 158
Argent: Alright, this officially sucked. Seems like they brought out the -competent- one this time. Best to try and at least get everyone back on their feet ASAP. [Phoenix Down on Jack, 24D]
JayM: Jack's up! Probably with +40 LP? I dunno, his own player might know better
Argent: [Make that 25D]
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Wraith [F]:12 Gavriel [B]:18 Argent [F]:24 Jnezdie [F]:30
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ makes a face, then pulls one one of those ornate swords Jnezdie had been collecting, and with a terrible growl, he slams it down into the ground, snapping it in half as magic errupts towards the Wraith. [32D]
Jack` rolled 2d6+140 and got 5, 1 ( Total: 146.0 )
JayM: That is some powerful damage for a Bard, my friend
Argent: He’s not a bard anymore
JayM: In his heart
Gavriel: "…did…" Did that just happen?
Argent: "I've given up on understanding how that Transcient sword-disintegration thing works."
Jack: "Hrmph."
The Wrait points that same hand upwards again, except this time the darkness shoots upwards, and then expands and falls down like a wave over the battlefield [Doomsday]
JayM rolled 1d12+220 and got 3 ( Total: 223.0 )
JayM: 223, Magical Shadow damage to the party! Wraith absorbs 111!
[OOC] Argent: HP: 393/606, MP: 90/90, LP: 176/300, SoS:151
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Argent [F]:6 Jnezdie [F]:12 Jack [B]:14 Wraith [F]:49
JayM: Status for Wraith [F]: Blind(U) Faith(U) Tranq(1)
JayM: If you're still alive- Gavriel!
Argent grits her teeth as she gets attacked with darkness. Lots and lots of darkness. Ow. It hurts. Oddly enough, it's ever so lightly blunted as a vague field of energy from that relic…sword…thing blunts it.
Argent: …well, the runeforce shield
Gavriel grits his teeth and digs the fuck in, still struggling with the Wraith's spell, his eyes burning with fierce determination as he furiously adjusts his gun, and it emits a keening whine of power! [Switch Weapon: Magna Buster D10]
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:4 Jnezdie [F]:6 Jack [B]:8 Wraith [F]:43
JayM: Argent!
Argent grits her teeth, and steps back…before rushing forward with a hard palm aimed toward the Nu Mou's face. [Let's try this again, shall we? Blindside, 31D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 67 ( Total: 67 )
JayM: It hits!
Argent rolled 1d8+144 and got 5 ( Total: 149.0 )
Argent: And a +25% Sitmod on the next attack against said Nu Mou
JayM: GAvriel!
Gavriel shifts his stance, aiming his gun on the Nu Mou, staring him down, and he HOWLS. [Forgotten Howl D15]
[OOC] Argent: HP: 393/606, MP: 90/90, LP: 180/300, SoS:151, Haste(2)
JayM: Jack and Jnezdie slumber in the sleep that will not end
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Argent [F]:12 Wraith [F]:24 Jnezdie [F]:27 Jack [B]:29
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel closes his good eye, and turns his dead-eye towards the Nu Mou, and focuses. [CT 10]
JayM: Goes off now
Gavriel howls once more, and a circle of water forms, spinning around the Wraith; he sights, with his ruined eye, and fires a single shot of bright white light, and the wheel of water collapses around the Wraith! [Angelic: Sunder the Wheel D49] [Arcana Killer] [Holy Elemental] [CoS 100]
JayM: W: Holy!
JayM: Not Arcana
Gavriel rolled d8*2+255*2 and got 1 ( Total: 512.0 )
JayM: You don't think you ever saw a mage have such a sudden physical reaction to having their magical reserves ripped. He jerks, his focused stance breaks and he falls backwards, and then he stands up, slowly, shaking
JayM: You just dealt 150% of it's max MP to him
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Wraith [F]:12 Jnezdie [F]:15 Jack [B]:17 Gavriel [B]:47
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 473/696, MP: 123/123, LP: 90/300, SoS: 174 - Haste (2),Brave (1),Acc Up (1)
JayM: Argent!
Argent: "Oh hell no, STAY THE FUCK DOWN." Argent rears back, water gathering around her fist in absence of a weapon…[Critical Magnum, CT10]
JayM: Off now!
Argent: …right before rushing forward, smashing the ground with her fist, and soaring into the air, with the other arm ready to come down. [Critical Magnum, 25D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 25 ( Total: 25 )
Gavriel breathes, raggedly, knowing he cut the mage's power clean through… focusing himself again, opening up his eye, nodding approvingly as Argent assaults him.
Argent rolled 1d8+432 and got 2 ( Total: 434.0 )
JayM: That is a hit!
Argent smashes the mage in the head with her fist as a column of explosions erupts upward, likely blowing both back at this rate
JayM: Battle order: Wraith [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:3 Jack [B]:5 Argent [F]:23 Gavriel [B]:35
JayM: Status for Wraith [F]: Blind(U) Faith(U) Tranq(1)
The Wraith points a hand at Argent, his mind still recovering from the massive hit, and she can, maybe, feel an impact against her
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
JayM rolled 1d8+27 and got 4 ( Total: 31.0 )
JayM: Physical, Melee damage
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 70 ( Total: 70 )
JayM: Jack and Jnezdie sleep
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Wraith [F]:7 Gavriel [B]:12 Jnezdie [F]:20 Jack [B]:22
JayM: Argent!
[OOC] Argent: HP: 386/606, MP: 90/90, LP: 90/300, SoS:151, Haste(1)
Argent grins predatorily as she rushes in for two more strikes! [Pummel, 25D]
JayM: Attack~
Argent: A forward punch and a left knee, at that…
Argent rolled 2#d100(1) and got 61 ( Total: 61 )
Also rolled 2#d100(2) and got 80 [Total: 80 (High), Avg: 80.00]
Total: 141, Avg: 70.50
[OOC] Argent: One hit, at least. God damn these dice.
Argent rolled 1d8+96 and got 5 ( Total: 101.0 )
JayM: Is a good hit!
The Wraith continues to attempt to cause minor damage to Argent as it recovers…
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 16 ( Total: 16 )
JayM rolled 1d8+27 and got 5 ( Total: 32.0 )
JayM: Physical Melee damage!
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 63 ( Total: 63 ) for 50
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Jnezdie [F]:8 Jack [B]:10 Argent [F]:13 Wraith [F]:25
JayM: Gavriel!
[OOC] Argent: HP: 374/606, MP: 90/90, LP: 100/300, SoS:151
[OOC] Gavriel: shit sorry
Gavriel shakes his head from side to side, snarling, stepping forth, firing another shot at him! [MAGNA ASSAULT 39D]
[OOC] Gavriel: Holy Elemental, autohit
JayM: Pow, W: Holy
Gavriel rolled d12*1.75+585*1.75 and got 3 ( Total: 1029.0 )
JayM: Pow
JayM: That was some dangerous damage
Gavriel is stunned, afterwards!
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 473/696, MP: 123/123, LP: 96/300, SoS: 174 - Haste (1),Brave (0),Acc Up (0),Stop (1)
JayM: Jack and Jnezdie are down!
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Wraith [F]:12 Gavriel [B]:26 Jnezdie [F]:35 Jack [B]:37
JayM: Argent!
Argent: And once again, Argent charges up her Angelic…how has this place NOT gotten completely dry from all the water manipulation?!
Argent: [Critical Magnum, CT10]
JayM: That is a mystery even the greatest sages will never know
JayM: Goes off now
Argent: And she*ANIMATION SKIP*
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 21 ( Total: 21 )
Argent rolled 1d8+432 and got 7 ( Total: 439.0 )
JayM: I think this Wraith is going to regret doing what he is doing
The Wraith decides that his is… Too serious. He draws a single vial from his robes, full of a violet liquid, and drinks [+70 MP]
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Argent [F]:9 Jnezdie [F]:9 Jack [B]:11 Wraith [F]:16
JayM: Gavriel? Stopped!
JayM: Argent!
Gavriel blinks himself out of his daze!
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 473/696, MP: 123/123, LP: 96/300, SoS: 174
Argent: "Well-stocked, are we?" Argent rushes in to strike twice more. [Pummel, 31D]
Argent rolled 2#d100(1) and got 38 ( Total: 38 )
Also rolled 2#d100(2) and got 94 [Total: 94 (High), Avg: 94.00]
Total: 132, Avg: 66.00
JayM: Hit and miss
Argent rolled 1d8+96 and got 2 ( Total: 98.0 )
JayM: The two Transcient men are still out!
JayM: Battle order: Wraith [F]:0 Argent [F]:24 Gavriel [B]:29 Jnezdie [F]:33 Jack [B]:35
JayM: Status for Wraith [F]: Blind(U) Faith(U)
The wraith once again raises a (shaky) hand "Descend… Darkness Angel!"
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 93, 32 ( Total: 125 )
JayM: And Argent is the last woman in the field
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:5 Wraith [F]:6 Jnezdie [F]:9 Jack [B]:11
JayM: Argent!
Argent: "Alright, that does it…" Argent grits her teeth. "I'm sick of that Darkness Angel shit you keep spouting." [Phoenix Down, targeted on Gavriel.]
Argent: [31D]
Gavriel gets to his feet, with some difficulty… nodding in understanding, bracing himself against his hand cannon as he aims at the Wraith once more… [MAGNA ASSAULT 49D]
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 53 ( Total: 53 )
JayM: Gavriel is up
Gavriel rolled d12*1.5+585*1.5 and got 1 ( Total: 879.0 )
The Wraith is thrown back, hits a stack and crates and vanishes under the rubble. Then he stands up, a vial in hand that he drinks [+70 MP], it seems like he's unwilling to die without taking you all with him
JayM: Transcient boys are here KOed
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Wraith [F]:5 Jnezdie [F]:18 Jack [B]:20 Gavriel [B]:23
JayM: Argent!
Argent: "You just won't stop, will you?" Argent grumbles as she makes for another strike at the Wraith. [Attack, 31D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 92 ( Total: 92 )
JayM: He gets punches in the face- And you notice a barrier visible, close enough it might be up exactly over his skin
The Wraith grits his teeth "D-descend… Dar-darkness… Angel…"
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 28, 15 ( Total: 43 )
As darkness overcomes you, Gavriel can feel a weight over his body. The sound of Argent's body hitting the ground, and the weight of a weakened body over his. When darkness subsides, you're not sure where she's appeared out of, but Sarah is in your arms- Apparently show followed you here, and went as far as covering you from the spell
Gavriel blinks and opens one eye, slowly- still fighting, not… not willing to give in to the darkness the Wraith is spinning… breathing in, sniffing… chocolate? "(S… Sarah..?!)"
Sarah looks up at Gavriel, the strength in her body slowly fading "T-this… Might sting a little…" she smiles lightly "Close your… Eyes…"
Gavriel: "(Dammit, don't- not if-)" -nothing he can say will make a difference, will it? He closes his eye.
Gavriel feels something- A warmth in his snout- Was that… A kiss? And then he feels a gust of wind, powerful all around him, and then he feels a weight over his body, his entire body, as if he was- No, he is consciously aware that he is wearing now a heavy metal armor, covering his entire body, the weight in his right hand, a cannon, not a hand cannon, a true battleship cannon. He hears
JayM: Sarah whisper "Don't open your eyes…" even though yours eyes are closed, you can still see, your foe ahead of you, surprised and scared, and… Things, images, crosshairs in front of you. "Fire…" the armor in your body, it doesn't feels cold, it feels warm, like a person's touch.
Gavriel blinks - stands and moves, his eyes closed, seeing nonetheless, his entire being- his entire consciousness, focused on the Wraith… everything, all of his awareness in the crosshairs. The Wraith will not escape! He fires!
A column of darkness, encased by a spiderweb of violet energy! From the barrell of the cannon. It encases the Wraith that howls in pain, he shakes, your weapon causes it, so much, like a small earthquake, a powerful, rapid vibration that rapidly destroys him from inside out. And as he falls to the ground, not a single bone of his body intact, you've nothing to do but open your eye as you
JayM: feel the weight of Sarah's body in your arms "A-arma… System…" she tries to give a wry smile, but passes out before that
JayM: (no trace of that armor or weapon your felt, though)
JayM: There is a lot of wanton destruction around, now!
About RIGHT NOW you hear the sound of someone crashing right through the door, five men arrive. Two of them bearing blades, two guns and one a… Staff? Regadless, they immediately beset on the party, one of the swordsmen looks at Gavriel "Phoenix's tailfeaters… What happened here?"
Gavriel reaches out to catch Sarah as she falls, breathless. …the Wraith didn't escape, and Gavriel staggers - almost passing out, himself. "…the Wraith infiltrated the fort."
Gavriel: "…there was a fight."
Gavriel: "…he lost."
The leader, the swordsman, nods "That… Looks like it"
The man with the knife kneels down near Jack and Argent and quickly applies a pair of PDs on them in a single, fast and fluid motion
At the same time, the one with the staff, actually an Elvaan woman of gentle features, kneels by Jnezdie and lifts his torso with her left hand, putting her right over his chest and muttering a word "(Life…)" bringing him back
Argent coughs a bit. "…hell…bastard's going to get it now…"
Argent: "…where the hell'd he go?!"
Jack‘ bolts into a seated position, then glances around before letting out a yawn.
The Swordsman notices how Gavriel is holding Sarah and hands to him a PD (she doesn’t needs it) "Here… Do you need a full hospital?"
Jnezdie takes a sharp inhalation of breath and lurches up on one arm
"Ah…"
The Elvaan smiles at Jnezdie "You alright?"
Jnezdie smiles back. "Doin' a lot better, now."
Argent: "Where in the hell did that bastard go?! I'm going to rip him a new one!"
The chemist helps Jack and Argent up, at the same time the healer helps Jnezdie stand
Jnezdie works to his feet with the assistance. "How're the
ach— kids doin'?"
Leader: "Hum… That…" he points to the… Definitely… Flaccid thing, over there "Is… Probably what is left"
Argent: "…"
Gavriel shifts his position, looking at Sarah, worriedly. "(Damnit, Sarah, why'd you have to go and…)" -he takes in a slow, deep breath. "She'll… she'll be fine, thank you." He stands, slowly, carrying Sarah in his arms.
Jnezdie: "They get out alright, at least?"
Jack‘ frowns slightly.
Healer: "They made it back pretty fast and warned us of what was up"
Gavriel: "They fled. They’ll be fine."
Argent grits her teeth in anger
Jnezdie lazily glances over to where everybody's looking. Oh. "Hnnnnnn."
Gavriel looks stone-faced. The Wraith brought forth its own angel of darkness, and first, and many times.
Jnezdie: "…y' can have what's left of 'im."
The leader of the rescue team shakes his head "Alright… I suggest you have some rest then, and report in later, if possible"
Leader: "… Yeah… This smells of stuff the K-Com would like to know firsthand" he scrunches up his face "After you rest, though"
Gavriel was already trudging off to the nearest door. They need to get Sarah somewhere safe, before -anything- else.
Jnezdie: "Right, right…" He glances over to Gavriel, sees Sarah in his arms. He scrunches his mouth to the side, then turns to the Elvaan Healer with a smile. "Thanks for your help, but don't wait up for us, yeah?"
The other two of the team helps out in moving the.. LEeftovers
The healer nods "Alright, as long as you're alright"
Jnezdie nods. "Sure, sure— 'll be sore for a bit, nothin' I can't come by later and get a cream for later, yeah?"
The healer holds back a laugh
Gavriel raises his eyebrow. Slightly.
Heading back home is probably what you do. In the travel, Gavriel feels something weird- Cold- Seems like whatever happened managed to drain a lot of his body warmth. Still, the trek warms him up again, and once you reach home and set her down you notice- She's just tired, at least that's what it seems
Argent drags herself out, pondering whether to head to a bar or back to the residence
Gavriel knew Sarah would be okay. She's strong. Stronger than anyone realises- she just needs to rest, a while.
Jnezdie slumps back with the rest of the group. Right before they get to the door— "…I hope we didn't eat all that cake."
Jack: "…how are you hungry again?"
Jnezdie: "'Hungry' nothin', just gonna work off the ache a little bit."
Jnezdie: "Put a bit of it back in my molar and roll over."
A while, that is how much she needs. Sarah recovers after a while (a long one). She takes deep breaths as she wakes up slowly, and takes a while longer until she is responsive, but eventually she seems to just- Just startles and from her laying down position jumps upright "Wha-" she looks awfully surprised, and not at all as bad as she was the last times she passed out
Gavriel has been sitting within noticing distance of Sarah the whole time, and he looks up. "We're back where we're staying. We're safe, don't worry."
Sarah looks at Gavriel, smiles a goofy grin, and starts laughing "Ahahaha… Ahaha… I did it… It worked…"
She lays back down again "Ahaha… I used the Arma System…" she closes her eyes "How's everyone?"
Argent: "I feel like I got run over by a cart. Twice."
Jnezdie rolls over from his akimbo position across some pillows on the floor. "Aw, doin' okay. Glad my shirt didn't get all mussed up the first time through, yeah?"
Sarah: "Haha… It's not like… It wouldn't survive a few scrapes. I made sure to get you battle-worthy clothing"
Gavriel: "Alive." A hundred questions rolling through his head, but… Sarah probably knows what they all are already, and will answer them when she feels it right to do so. Still. "…you're okay?"
Jack‘ nods absently towards Sarah as he restrings his lute.
Sarah stands up and- She goes over to sit by Gavriel, putting her arms around him "I am… I- That… The Arma System… I’m sorry, I needed to take some of your heat energy to make it work…"
Jnezdie gives Sarah a thumbs up and a smile.
Sarah: "Still, let's not get in a funk!" she says, raising a fist overhead "Getting killed happens, just need to make sure you have a way to get back. I particularly hate death spells…"
Sarah: "So!" she stands up "I'll go prepare something to eat!"
Jack: "Right-o!"
Gavriel shrugs a shoulder, loosely. "…it was fine. Really." Wraps an arm around her shoulders protectively, though. It's just… the thing to do, sheesh! "It just took a lot out of you, it seemed, so I was worr-" -he looks at Sarah, and tilts his head to the side, trying really hard not to laugh.
Jnezdie: "That was a segue," Jnezdie quips from his flopped position on the floor.
Sarah stops at the doorway before leaving, though "And… Gavriel… A Knight's first use of the Arma System is… Pretty personal, more than you can imagine" she then walks out, she was smiling, though
Gavriel isn't blushing, he's got fur, you can't prove it.
Jnezdie rolls the eye that he's not laying upon up to look at Gavriel.
JayM: Do you feel like reporting back to Kaela today, or next session?
JayM: Either way, a report is made, we'd better end here
JayM: (not like what I planned for that side is any important)
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 )
Argent: (eh, might as well have it be next sesion)
session
JayM: 2800 XP! 2240 Gil! 18 AP! Ether x3!
JayM: 2 AP! 525 XP!
JayM: 4 AP! 750 XP!
Julian: Eeend
Gavriel: Thanks for running, Julian :D
Jack‘: Minimum Total XP for level 14: 45500. Additional XP needed for level 15: 7000. Availability for level 14: 77. Starting Gil for level 14: 9000. Max Skill level for level 14: 76.**
Julian: [Epilogue]
Darkness, nothing but darkness. Two glowing beings. The back one is visible, clothing black with gold trimming, that of a shrine maiden. The other one a human, but no matrix in his eye, black and gold trimming, an officer’s clothing "Ahahahaha!" the officer laughs uproarsly
Officer: "Your first usage of the Arma System! Was it with your loved one? Ahh, must have been so romantic?"
Sarah: "P-please, general…"
Officer: "How'd it feel like? To be all over him, feel him with your whole body?"
Julian: [End]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License