Sw06

Split Worlds - Session 6 //
//Ultima's Throne lazily passes overhead as you watch out of the window… How many Passes has it been? Quite a few, but definitely more than you'd like. Every now and then, Jack would go to play the Soliton Wave for Sarah, as it seems to help her somewhat. Try as you might, you haven't found any good doctors here, at least not a single doctor you'd believe can treat wounds that'd have //
JayM: //killed a different person. Perhaps you got someone looking over her just in case, perhaps not //
[OOC] Jnezdie: Gav's probably fussin' over her like a mother hen, o'course
//You have, however, heard rumors that someone who's been travelling far and wide, a trader perhaps you're unsure, is visiting town looking for something and a strong arm to help him acquire such. Given the way he came from, he either came from the Ethereal lands or the Transcient Town, given nobody saw a mage rampaging about it's either a person skilled in hiding his nature or a more //
JayM: //technical-oriented transcient //
//Gavriel is -definitely- fussin' over Sarah like a mother hen, yes. //
//Sarah has had a deathgrip on the artifact you've recovered since then. It's proven to be highly impossible to remove it from her for a special reason, it acid-burns whatever touches it //
//Jack‘ wonders if it helps more because Sarah is the zombies, or Sarah is a machine, but all in all it’s not especially important as long as it works. //
//Jnezdie , on the other hand, has burning knuckles, and is going to find something to do. Being idle is pretty torturous, and you can only do sets of 1000 practice swings so many times. Perhaps investigating this guy looking for a strong arm. //
JayM: //Hrm, now now. It'd take a Streetwise check, with say [TN 6] to find him, rather than being found by something unpleasant. What do you say? Only goes into the check whoever's accompanying Jnezdie //
//Jack‘ will watch Sarah while the others go out, he’s not going to be a lot of help in finding things wbhile staying low key anyways. //
//Jnezdie jams his hands in his pockets and licks his teeth clean with his tongue. Just have to rattle a few bars, right? [No reels.] //
//Gavriel goes along with Jnezdie. Someone's gotta keep him from dealing with the really disreputable vendors of questionable legal status. [Lucky] [Trick] [Weighted Results] //
Jnezdie: "In the stories, right? Show up, break a guy's fingers and ask the rest of the bar how it goes?"
Jnezdie: "Pretty sure that works, right?"
Gavriel: "…not exactly, no. But there -are- certain advantages to being tall and carrying an unnecessarily large gun."
Jack: //lolf //
[OOC] Jack: ack
Jack‘ rolled d12 and got 10 ( Total: 10 ) **
Also rolled 2#2d8(1) and got 6, 3 [Total: 9 (Avg), Avg: 4.50]
Also rolled 2#2d8(2) and got 2, 4 [Total: 6 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 2#d8(1) and got 3 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 2#d8(2) and got 5 [Total: 5 (High), Avg: 5.00]
d6: 3 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 36, Avg: 4.50
[OOC] Jack: expertise for streetwiese was definitely in play so we’re good
//It takes a bit of walking and talking, unlike what you'd expect not through seedy bars and back alleys (not like this particular town has too many of those given the size) but through item stores, salvemakers and doctors. They're all pretty reticent but you can get enough information to scrounge up something. Apparently Pharos the Crystal Spike, a famous creimire chemist and healer, is //
JayM: //in town. He's looking for supplies that are very hard to acquire, thus, he is also looking for someone who can go gather it for him //
JayM: //Given, it also looks like some group of… Less than savory types has stricken up an interest on him. He shouldn't be far, though, he set up a little tent in the outskirts of town, camouflaged expertly (he's ex-military, gone private practice), he should be up at //
JayM: //Also, as a note, Creimire names tend to include a title, given at adulthood and changed when achieve something great in life. Wonder why // "The Crystal Spike"
//Gavriel certainly hopes those rumours aren't referring to -them-. //
//Jnezdie seems oblivious to that possibility. // "So the guy likes rumpin' around in the bush. Can't say I'd take it over a dense night-life, but there you go."
//Argent doubts that those rumors pertain to them as much as the likely interest in people to steal or extort and then sell over the black market //
//Gavriel glances at Jnezdie for several long moments, attempting to parse that sentence without his mind going somewhere he'd adamantly rather it not go. Eventually, he fails, and he walks on in stoic silence. //
//Jnezdie returns the long glance, not replying, keeping a neutral face. He looks forward when Gavriel breaks the glance. //
//Argent rolls her eyes at Jnezdie before advancing upon the camouflaged tent //
//Eventually you make your way to his tent. It's… Actually pretty damn nice, it's an actual fast-set tent used by medical crew in military campaigns. Under the camouflage net there are a pair of green chocobos who kweh angrily at you, but remain where they are, by a water through, staring at you. The tent itself is a bit further, wherein you will find inside a creimire wearing a yellow //
JayM: //getup, poofy pants and a beret. He's got a lab coat tossed atop it, but it's easy to discern the common field chemist outfit // "I'm pretty sure you're harmless" // he says, facing away looking at a few notes // "But could you speak from over there? If anything, you've no intent of tripping my defenses"
Jnezdie: "Nah, we're not harmless."
Argent: "Shut up."
Jnezdie: "You're not lookin' for people that are harmless."
//Jnezdie is calling this out, regardless, not advancing into the man's camp. //
Argent: "Just shut the hell up." // Argent facepalms as she addresses Jnezdie. // "We're here about a job you've stated you need people for."
Pharos: "Well, certainly. I do know you're not after me for anything bad, at least" // he says, taking one final note and looking at you. The right side of his face is tatooed with a type of rune-ish tatoo, but it's clearly just for show // "Well, then, a moment" // he comes closer and presses a button on some apparatus by the side // "Ah, yes, that"
Pharos: "Please, come closer. Well, now. I'll be clear, you probably heard of my Crystal Elixer?"
JayM: //Certainly you have, known to cure any sickness and heal any wound //
Argent: "Yeah, I've heard of it."
//Gavriel glances sideways at Argent, frowning. He won't step forward until after he has taken down the defenses, of course, and he nods. //
//Jnezdie strides forward now. // "Great story, yeah."
Jnezdie: "I mean, I a'int ever seen one, but."
Pharos: "Well, the stories are a bit excessive but almost correct. Those generally go for a hundred thousand Gil for a reason, though" // he crosses his arms // "One of the ingredients I need it's a dragon's liver" // he waves you over to a seat // "Which is, of course, one of the hardest things to acquire"
//Argent steps closer, sitting down. // "Lemme guess. Kill a dragon for it, or find someone who has one?"
Gavriel: "Can't imagine asking nicely would work, no."
JayM: //A dragon, yes those are in fact quite rare creatures, they are also extremely powerful and brutal beasts. You generally only hear about them in tales, and the only thoroughly documented dragon is The Crimson Destroyer //
//Jnezdie plops down on the ground around where Pharos gestures. //
Argent: "What's the pay you're willing to offer for this?"
Pharos: "Indeed. I do have a few men who're on permanent employment to acquire me those, whenever possible, but I hear tell of a dragon living nearby, and i'd want one of those. The payment, well… With all due sincerity, i'm out of money at the moment, so…"
Pharos: "Whatever I have in my pockets, and a dose my Elixir"
Jnezdie: "Two."
//Argent narrows her eyes. // "Does of the Elixir aside, how can we trust that what you have in your pockets is substantial?"
//Pharos smirks, and pulls four 25-Gil coins from his pockets //"It isn't, really"
//Argent grumbles //
Pharos: "A liver will only yeld me three of them, mister. I… Could see about setting you up with other more mundane medicine if you wish, though"
//Pharos grins //"Or, perhaps… You'd want some things I traded for medical care over in Transcient Town…"
Jnezdie: "Hmm…."
Jnezdie: "Whatcha' got? Various knick-nacks, frilly coat or two, a cart?"
Argent: "We don't need a damn cart."
Jnezdie: "Bitch-switch is flipped early this morning, don't mind her. (Him. Whatever- trust me, it doesn't matter.)"
Pharos: "Well, i've got a couple of katanas, a couple of battery-like things that are prone to overload, this one pair of glasses that seem to be fit for analyzing things"
Argent: "I heard that, jackass."
Gavriel: "Argent." // Gavriel speaks softly, frowning a little. An argument isn't what they're here for. //
Pharos: "Good enough for you?"
Jnezdie: "Okay, now we're gettin' interesting."
Jnezdie: "Throw in the lot with a footlocker of medicine and a dose o' elixir."
Pharos: "Very well, i'll be sure to pack the footlocker safely for you" // he says with a grin // "Northwest of here, it isn't hard to miss, a spire of land rising up, an old damaged hill"
Gavriel: "…this ought to be interesting." // What's Jnezdie gotten them into, this time? Not that he disapproves. //
Jnezdie: "Alright, then. About how big is this liver going to be? Want a few ribs while we're at it?"
Pharos: "Well… It should be about the size of my arm in length. I don't have far too much use for other parts, however, try not to let anything go to waste, if possible"
Argent: "It's a liver. Shouldn't be too hard to discern." // Argent stands up. // "Let's head out and get this job done rather than wasting more of our client's time."
//Jnezdie hops to his feet. // "Hang in there, Pharos. Don't let thugs get ya' down."
Pharos: "I'll try not to. Try not to get eaten, either!"
Argent: "Yes, because we like to bathe in ketchup before fighting dragons." // Argent comments sarcastically with a smirk //
//The spire mentioned isn't hard to see from here, wheres the town itself has a somewhat more lush shrubbery the area you are is mostly hilly plains, so the sight of an eroded hill turned into a spire is quite visible. It looks… Kind of far, however, most of a Pass to go and return //
JayM: //You're going to grab Jack? //
Jnezdie: "Let's go tap the music man, let him now what's the score."
//Gavriel certainly is. Sarah should be okay while they're gone. //
Argent: //Yeah, might as well. Why would we venture forth without gathering our party first. //
//Jack‘ can probably get someone to watch her for a few hours at the very least. //
//One of the inn assistants is willing to watch her over, the little moogle is at least the calm and focused type //
Jnezdie: "Okay, Jack- plans and ideas about taking down a dragon. Go." // He smiles kindly to the moogle assistant, thanking them quietly. //
Jack: "Actually take it down, or just take it’s things? Down? Well, hmm…"
Argent: "Just kill it."
//Jack‘ rubs at his chin as they walk. //
Argent: "We need to take its liver anyway."
//The trip isn’t difficult by itself… Boring, perhaps, little happens, not even wild animals are around. However on the path you notice, here and there, marks on the ground. They're not burn marks but rather, you're unsure how to classify them, they're reminiscent of what a magician's raw energy attacks leaves, or the marks the Magna Buster leaves on the surrounding terrain after fired //
Jack: "…Well, I can't think of anything in particular. They're slower to act than most creature, but exceedingly powerful. Hit it really hard in the head, try and avoid the breath weapons?"
Jnezdie: "'Just kill it,' man- I'm trying to do this inside of a few Palms, you know?"
//Gavriel glances sideways at Argent. // "I think that's the obvious part, really."
Argent: "That's my point. Stop bothering with the details, it's just a bigger target."
Argent: "Strong as hell, sure."
Argent: "But that's why we've got the hazard pay."
JayM: //Oh, right //
//Gavriel shakes his head. // "Not all targets are the same. Can't go in ignorant."
Jnezdie: "My 25-gil coin is going to something cold, yeah."
JayM: //[+4 AP/+125 XP] //
//Eventually you reach the spire and… It doesn't looks like a nice climb, it's ragged and rocky and looks awfully difficult to go up, but… It seems like somebody has been here in the past, they're worn, certainly, enough to imagine it's been a long time, but there are pythons and even bits of rope attached to key places in the climb //
Jack: "I suppose /where/ we encounter it will pay a factor in how difficult the creature is to fell as well. Hopefully we don't run into it in the open where it can fly!"
JayM: //It's not going to take too much work to head on up without an accident, just a [TN 4] Climbing check //
Jnezdie: "…so yeah, wonder if Pharos gave us the same deal he might have given a few others."
Argent: "We'll deal with that when we come to it."
//Jnezdie limbers up! [Trick: Physical] //
//Argent gets to work, prepared to easily scale the damn thing herself. [Dependable x2] //
//Gavriel is -still- decent at climbing. [Aptitude: Physical] //
Jack‘ rolled 2#d10(1) and got 2 ( Total: 2 )
Also rolled 2#d10(2) and got 10 [Total: 10 (High), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 2d8 and got 3, 2 [Total: 5 (Low), Avg: 2.50]
d8+1: 3 [Total: 4.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
d8: 7 [Total: 7 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 28.0, Avg: 4.50
//Jnezdie is actually -good- at this, you know. [Reliable: Physical] //
[OOC] Jack: We’re fine as is~
JayM: //Er, it's cool //
[OOC] Jnezdie: I saw 3 and didn't add +1
//[But he is still good at it.] //
//The party makes their way up without much trouble, and they see a large cave at the top, it leads further inside. There is a faint of reflected sunlight from deeper down //
Gavriel: "It's too bad the elixir isn't made from the dragon's… nevermind." // He shakes his head, grumbling. //
Jack: "Eh?"
Jnezdie: "That is close enough to be a joke, Gav! Sorry!"
//Argent wordlessly steps in, not commenting on Gav's observation //
//Heading in, the party is greeted by strange sights in the walls, they're rusted spikes of metal, riddled all over the walls, there's patches of leather on them, as if something that had been impaled on the wall had been ripped off. Some of them has more soft leather, others have harder leather, some of them have bits of decayed, but not rotten, meat on them //
Jack: "A multitude of hero hopefuls that failed the trial, it seems."
//Argent shrugs //
//Gavriel glances sidelong at Jnezdie, baring a tooth in what may be second cousin to a grin. // "…hm."
//Argent draws the Arectaris, however, making sure not to brush by the spikes //
//And then you hear it, a loud roar, and Argent takes a step back just in time. Shining from above a number of shafts of light illuminate the beast before you, growling rabid and snarling. Easily five times as large as Jack it's not as large as you'd expect, it is covered in translucent, extremely reflective crystalline scales that due to the light shine all colors of the rainbow, here and //
JayM: //there you swear you can see it's vein full of crystalline blood in them under the scales //
JayM: //Battle begin! //
JayM: //Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Gavriel [B]:2 Jnezdie [F]:6 Argent [F]:7 Crystal Dragon [F]:8 //
JayM: //Jack! //
//Jnezdie hops back, drawing his katana! //
//Jnezdie shouts to the dragon! // "So, you ready to die?!"
Argent: "Tch." // Argent initializes the Arectaris' combat mode, plumes of light extending from both ends. //
//Jack‘ tilts his head to the moment, curious, but quickly shakes it off as he spins his lute around to his front, begin to play an upbeat mombo after waving a hand over the wooden block on his necklace. [35D] [T: Party: Evasion Up (4)] //
//The dragon growls a deep bassy and slow growl //
JayM: //Gavriel! //
//Gavriel blinks. It’s… beautiful, really… but it's an animal and they've invaded its territory, and they've got Sarah to save. He loads up his gun, modifying the settings heavily, loading in pyrotechnics before aiming and shooting, a flash of blinding bright light striking the dragon! [Dark Buster] //
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 64 ( Total: 64 ) for 80
JayM: //It's a hit! //
[OOC] Gavriel: Holy WRIA?
//The beam of light lances right through, striking at the dragon and… It reflects and refracts within it's scales generating a dazzling array of colors, painting the walls rainbow-hued. However he sees the light make it's way INSIDE the beast, leaving it unharmed! Absorb Holy! //
[OOC] Gavriel: However it still does Blind (2)
//Argent quirks an eyebrow //
JayM: //Delay? //
Gavriel: "…that was suboptimal." // [D40] //
Argent: "To say the least."
JayM: //Jnezdie! //
Gavriel: "I think I stunned it, however…"
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 506/506, MP: 69/90, LP: 100/300, SoS: 126 - Evasion Up (3)
//Jnezdie dashes under Gavriel's blinding shot, and as the color show flashes across the dragon, Jnezdie strikes at it with a darkened blade! [Soul Eater, 38D] //
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 81 ( Total: 81 )
[OOC] Jnezdie: Miss
//The dragon growls and snaps at Jnezdie, missing him slightly //
JayM: //Argent! //
Jack: "Ha ha, well it's not like I hurt it before you!"
//Argent rushes in, taking a wide swipe with the Arectaris at the dragonit's been the first time she's actually used it in combat despite her attempts at training to get used to the new weapon's balance…[Attack, 44D] //
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 16 ( Total: 16 )
Gavriel: "True enough. I think I know how to make sure that doesn't happen again…" // He starts fiddling with the hand cannon, busily. //
JayM: //It slices right through, you don't feel any impact and it's light, the only way to know it actually hurt is the huge gash formed on it's side //
[OOC] Gavriel: Highwind's dead, gotta use sugar.
[OOC] Argent: …how do I roll normal dice with sugar?
JayM: //Just !sugar and the die //
[OOC] Jack: also need a ; after the roll if you leave a comment in it.
[OOC] Jnezdie: !sugar 1d12+165 ; Piercing Magic damage
Argent rolled 1d12+165 and got 10 ( Total: 175.0 ) for Piercing Magic damage
[OOC] Argent: HP: 552/552, MP: 80/80, LP: 56/300, SoS: 138
JayM: //[175]! It's wounds slowly start to heal… //
JayM: //Battle order: Crystal Dragon [F]:0 Jack [B]:27 Gavriel [B]:34 Jnezdie [F]:36 Argent [F]:43 //
JayM: //Status for Crystal Dragon [F]: Blind(2) Regen(U) //
//The dragon growls angrily and trashes about for a moment, before seemingly composing itself and putting it's wings, also translucent, in front of itself. The light from Gavriel's previous attack that had been reflected inside of it now comes back outwards, making a bright blue wall of solid light with yellow hexagonal marks on it [Wall Of Light] //
JayM: //Gains Protect/Shell(4) //
JayM: //Jack! //
//Jack‘ keeps the mambo going! [35D] [Evasion Up (4)] //
JayM: //Gavriel! //
//Gavriel disables the ring of light at the barrel of his gun, and loads in some bullets. [Change Weapon: Altair, Silence Bullets, D10] //
JayM: //Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Argent [F]:7 Gavriel [B]:8 Crystal Dragon [F]:20 Jack [B]:26 //
JayM: //Jnezdie! //
Jnezdie: "C’mon, c'mon!" // He strikes back across the Dragon's side! [Soul Eater, 38D] //
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 )
//Jnezdie misses again! //
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 270/448, MP: 50/50, LP: 100/300, SoS: 112 - Evasion Up (3)
JayM: //Wide miss! //
JayM: //Argent! //
//Argent strikes again, this time with a forward thrust off of the Arectaris! //
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 11 ( Total: 11 )
JayM: //Another hit! //
Argent rolled 1d12*0.75+165*0.75 and got 12 ( Total: 132.75 )
Argent: //Unfortunately, the impact is lessened as that hexagonal barrier dampens the force of the strike //
JayM: //Gavriel! //
//Gavriel fires another shot, no fancy stuff this time! [Attack D40] //
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 41 ( Total: 41 )
JayM: //Impact! //
Gavriel rolled d8*.75+72*.75 and got 8 ( Total: 60.0 ) for 30 CoS Silence 20 CoS Blind
Also rolled 2d100 and got 94, 51 [Total: 145 (High), Avg: 72.50]
Total: 205.0, Avg: 51.00
JayM: //The shot hits true and leaves a hole mark near it's throat, the dragon's unfazed [60] //
JayM: //Battle order: Crystal Dragon [F]:0 Jack [B]:6 Jnezdie [F]:18 Gavriel [B]:28 Argent [F]:31 //
JayM: //Status for Crystal Dragon [F]: Blind(1) Regen(U) Protect(3) Shell(3) //
//The Crystal Dragon growls a deep, bassy and slow growl turns around, swiping it's massive tail at the front row! //
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 85, 19 ( Total: 104 )
JayM: //Argent jumps over, Jnezdie is not so lucky! //
[OOC] Argent: HP: 552/552, MP: 80/80, LP: 62/300, SoS: 138
JayM rolled 1d6+72 and got 5 ( Total: 77.0 ) for Physical, Melee, 30% CoS of Immobilize(4)
Also rolled 1d100 and got 84 [Total: 84 (High), Avg: 84.00]
Total: 161.0, Avg: 44.50
JayM: //He gets back up fast, though //
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 193/448, MP: 50/50, LP: 100/300, SoS: 112 - Evasion Up (3)
JayM: //Jack! //
//Jack‘ waves his hand in front of the wooden box, before shifting the mambo into the [Life Song] [35D] //
Jack` rolled 2d10+65 and got 1, 9 ( Total: 75.0 )
JayM: //Heals are had //
JayM: //Jnezdie again! //
//Jnezdie growls and comes around for a third attempt! [Soul Eater, 38D] //
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 2 ( Total: 2 )
JayM: //Tsching, your most masteful strike ever! The darkness overcomes the light within the dragon, it’s life-force directly attacked! Shadow Weakness! Critical Hit! //
[OOC] Jnezdie: shadow wria
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*2.25+176*2.25 and got 10 ( Total: 418.5 )
Jnezdie: "ORYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"
//The strike hurts and it's constant growling becomes more bass and eventually grows into an attempted, and failed, roar //
JayM: //Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Argent [F]:3 Crystal Dragon [F]:8 Jack [B]:13 Jnezdie [F]:28 //
JayM: //Gavriel! //
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 179/448, MP: 50/50, LP: 110/300, SoS: 112 - Evasion Up (2)
//Gavriel grins, slightly, reloading his gun, charging the pyrotechnics, but without the added effect of the ring of light… [Dark Buster D40] //
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 72 ( Total: 72 ) for 80
[OOC] Gavriel: by which I mean 90, again
JayM: //Strike! //
Gavriel rolled d8*.75+72*.75 and got 7 ( Total: 59.25 ) for 30 CoS Silence, Inflicts Blind (2)
Also rolled 1d100 and got 27 [Total: 27 (Low), Avg: 27.00]
Total: 86.25, Avg: 17.00
Gavriel: "…hm. That'll quiet it down."
JayM: //[59]! The shot strikes hard and true at a weak spot, it strikes right through the throat- On a different beast it might be a killshot but it punctures straight through the throat and crystalline blood falls to the floor, a small hole in it's throat robbing it of voice but not of life. Blind(2), Silence(4) //
JayM: //Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Crystal Dragon [F]:5 Jack [B]:10 Jnezdie [F]:25 Gavriel [B]:37 //
JayM: //Argent! //
//Argent rushes in, swinging the Arectaris upward as she aims for another hard strike. // "We don't need to bother with the dramatics, guys. It's just business after all."
Argent: //[Attack, 44D] //
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 ) for 80
JayM: //Hit! //
Argent rolled 1d12*0.75+165*0.75 and got 7 ( Total: 129.0 ) for Piercing magic damage
JayM: //[129]! straight to it's left flank! //
//The dragon attempts to roar and make a sound and flails, and swipes again at Gavriel this time [Claw Ravager] //
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 46 ( Total: 46 )
JayM: //A nimble sidestep… Vwoosh, almost //
//Jack‘ (~ten.ssenisubtsacmoc.cfh.abfs-09-011-761-371|eelycecI#ten.ssenisubtsacmoc.cfh.abfs-09-011-761-371|eelycecI) Quit //
JayM: //Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Jnezdie [F]:15 Gavriel [B]:27 Argent [F]:34 Crystal Dragon [F]:51 //
JayM: //Jack! //
//Jack` continues to jam out the [Life Song], so that Jnezdie can continue to flip out. [35D] //
Jack` rolled 2d10+65 and got 8, 7 ( Total: 80.0 )
JayM: //Jnezdie! //
//Jnezdie skids over to right in front of the dragon, and coils up tight! He springs straight up, slashing all along the way as a dark trail follows the powerful leap! [Soul Eater, 38D] //
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 17 ( Total: 17 )
Jnezdie rolled 1d10*1.25+176*1.25 and got 7 ( Total: 228.75 )
//The various dark-hued slices leave a spiralling mark on it’s front as Jnezdie slashes //
JayM: //[228]! //
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 170/448, MP: 50/50, LP: 110/300, SoS: 112 - Evasion Up (1)
[OOC] Argent: HP: 552/552, MP: 80/80, LP: 68/300, SoS: 138
JayM: //Gavriel! //
Gavriel: "…I'm not sure we know how to -not- bother with the theatrics, really." // He grins, a little bit, aiming another shot at the dragon's hide. [Attack D40] //
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 60 ( Total: 60 ) for 90
JayM: //Strike two! //
Gavriel rolled d8*.75+72*.75 and got 8 ( Total: 60.0 ) for 30 CoS Silence, 20 CoS Blind
Also rolled 2d100 and got 4, 33 [Total: 37 (Low), Avg: 18.50]
Total: 97.0, Avg: 15.00
[OOC] Gavriel: Silence refreshed!
JayM: //More shots for [60] damage! //
JayM: //It is certainly starting to look beat up //
JayM: //Argent! //
//Argent wordlessly thrusts the Arectaris forward, aiming for one of the previously-opened wounds in its shell //
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 9 ( Total: 9 ) for 80
JayM: //A power strike! Sadly your crit range is not that high //
Argent rolled d12*0.75+165*0.75 and got 5 ( Total: 127.5 )
JayM: //[127]! It's looking extremely worn down and beaten up, but it doesn't seems to be slowing down yet! //
JayM: //Jack! //
JayM: //Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Crystal Dragon [F]:16 Jnezdie [F]:18 Gavriel [B]:32 Argent [F]:43 //
//Jack‘ waves a hand over the wooden bokx for a moment, before gracefully sliding back into the sheepfoe mambo! [35D] [Evasino Up (4)] //
//The crystalBattle order: Crystal Dragon [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:2 Gavriel [B]:16 Jack [B]:19 Argent [F]:27 //
JayM: //Status for Crystal Dragon [F]: Silence(3) Regen(U) Protect(1) Shell(1) //
[OOC] Argent: HP: 552/552, MP: 80/80, LP: 74/300, SoS: 138, [Evasion Up(4)]
//The Crystal Dragon shakes and thrashes and delivers a claw swipe at Jnezdie! [Claw Ravager] //
[OOC] Gavriel: shouldn’t it still have a turn of Blind left?
JayM: //Number went on the wrong cell //
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 9 ( Total: 9 )
JayM rolled 1d12+180 and got 11 ( Total: 191.0 )
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 0/448, MP: 50/50, LP: 110/300, SoS: 112 - Evasion Up (4)
//A massive claw slams Jnezdie on the ground! //
JayM: //Physical Melee damage //
[OOC] Jack: HP: 442/442, MP: 112/112, LP: 80/300, SoS: 110 - Evasion Up (3)
JayM: //Aaand +40D for him for being dead //
JayM: //Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Jack [B]:3 Argent [F]:11 Jnezdie [F]:26 Crystal Dragon [F]:40 //
Argent: "…you'd think he would have slowed down with that fancy sword strike of his."
JayM: //Gavriel! //
Jack: "Hahaha, well it was likely he'd have dodged the next attack! But things don't always go as planned for heroes, now do they?!
Argent: "Let's just hope he sees this as a learning experience."
Gavriel: "…dragon's almost finished, too, though. He'll be okay." // He carefully aims the gun, cranking it up to maximum power, carefully, now that the light barrier has dissipated… [Full Assault F40] //
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 37 ( Total: 37 ) for 90
Gavriel rolled d8+144 and got 6 ( Total: 150.0 ) for 30 CoS Silence 20 CoS Blind
Also rolled 2d100 and got 61, 28 [Total: 89 (Low), Avg: 44.50]
Total: 239.0, Avg: 31.67
Jack: "Tut tut, nothing to learn other than " //being hit by a large creature is often painful
", which I'd assume is a lesson most are quite familiar with!"
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 506/506, MP: 69/90, LP: 118/300, SoS: 126 - Evasion Up (3),Sleep (1)
Argent: "Far from true."
Gavriel is stunned by the aftermath! //
//The blast sears through flesh and scale! //
JayM: //It's looking awfully wounded, to any person this wounded you'd call them dead already //
JayM: //Jack! //
Jack: "'No great power comes without a price', I suppose, but well -"
//Jack‘ leans down, applying a Phoenix Down to Jnezdie. // "No worse for wear!" // [28D] //
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 1/448, MP: 50/50, LP: 120/300, SoS: 112
//Jnezdie hops back up. //
JayM: //Jnezdie, is UP! //
JayM: //Argent! //
Argent: "If he had balanced his overenthusiastic and inexplicably self-sacrificial offense, he might have not been knocked out like that."
Jnezdie: "Don’t forget 'incredibly effective.'"
//Argent takes a leaping strike at the dragon's head, trying for the killstrike here and now //
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for 80
JayM: //Why don't you crit, lady //
Argent rolled 1d12+165 and got 9 ( Total: 174.0 )
Argent: //Because poles can't crit //
JayM: //[174]! The slice cuts a horrible vertical slash, it bleeds and you can see something inside- Clearly damaged but somehow still going //
JayM: //Aren't dragons tough? //
JayM: //Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Jack [B]:5 Gavriel [B]:14 Crystal Dragon [F]:14 Argent [F]:29 //
JayM: //Jnezdie! //
[OOC] Argent: HP: 552/552, MP: 80/80, LP: 80/300, SoS: 138, [Evasion Up(4)]
[OOC] Argent: HP: 552/552, MP: 80/80, LP: 80/300, SoS: 138, [Evasion Up(3)]
Jnezdie: "All right, you've impressed me! Come to a stop already!" // He cuts with perfect form across the dragon's front! [Attack, 38D] //
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 42 ( Total: 42 )
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+88 and got 8 ( Total: 96.0 )
JayM: //An impressive slash! It leaves another wound for [96]! //
JayM: //Jack! //
//Jack‘ has his hands back on the lute now, and he resumes playing the life song. [35D] //
Jack` rolled 2d10+65 and got 9, 5 ( Total: 79.0 )
JayM: //Healigs! //
JayM: //Gavriel! //
JayM: //Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Crystal Dragon [F]:0 Argent [F]:15 Jnezdie [F]:24 Jack [B]:26 //
JayM: //Status for Crystal Dragon [F]: Silence(2) Regen(U) //
JayM: //Is asleep, is that 30D I hear? //
//Gavriel snaps out of it! [D30] //
//The Crystal Dragon is looking desperate, trying as it might it can’t seem to make a sound! It claws desperately at Argent! [Claw Ravager] //
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 61 ( Total: 61 )
JayM rolled 1d12+180 and got 2 ( Total: 182.0 )
JayM: //The powerful slam sends her flying against the wall! //
JayM: //Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:9 Jack [B]:11 Gavriel [B]:15 Crystal Dragon [F]:41 //
JayM: //Argent! //
[OOC] Argent: HP: 370/552, MP: 80/80, LP: 90/300, SoS: 138, [Evasion Up(3)] )) As fast as she gets slammed to the wall, Argent leaps back off of it, taking yet another power swing at the dragon with the Arectaris! [Attack, 44D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 77 ( Total: 77 ) for 80
Argent rolled 1d12+165 and got 12 ( Total: 177.0 )
JayM: //It swipes at you, but you somehow avoid it, but lands to manage only a glancing hit! [177]! //
JayM: //Jnezdie! //
Gavriel: "…how the hell is it still…"
Jack: "Tis a dragon!"
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 55 ( Total: 55 ) for 50 for Counter how the hell did I forget
JayM: //No matter //
Gavriel: "…good point. Tenacious bastard. I'm impressed."
[OOC] Argent: HP: 370/552, MP: 80/80, LP: 98/300, SoS: 138, [Evasion Up(2)]
//Jnezdie glows red, and a thin red glow also envelops the Crystal Dragon! Jnezdie glides over to its flank and slashes
[Night Sword, 38D] //
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 65 ( Total: 65 )
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+88 and got 3 ( Total: 91.0 )
//Jnezdie glows brighter while the dragon dims! //
JayM: //A crimson color, [91] damage and a strange, unusual aftertaste… You feel some heat well up inside of you, like when you flush when you feel embarassed //
JayM: //Jack! //
Jack: "Just about back to normal, eh? This'll help! [Life Song] [35D]
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+65 and got 1, 7 ( Total: 73.0 )
//Argent is also healed by the song, the impact from that hit fading a bit… //
JayM: //Heals! //
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 244/448, MP: 27/50, LP: 120/300, SoS: 112
Jnezdie: "Just about tip-top."
[OOC] Argent: HP: 443/552, MP: 80/80, LP: 98/300, SoS: 138, [Evasion Up(2)]
JayM: //Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Crystal Dragon [F]:26 Argent [F]:29 Jack [B]:31 Jnezdie [F]:32 //
JayM: //Gavriel! //
//Gavriel aims at it again, with the pyrotechnics. // "Grrr…" // [Dark Buster D40] //
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 60 ( Total: 60 ) for 90
Gavriel rolled d8+72 and got 4 ( Total: 76.0 ) for Inflicts Blind (2), 30 CoS Silence
Also rolled 1d100 and got 19 [Total: 19 (Low), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 95.0, Avg: 11.50
JayM: //It is silenced, it is blinded, it is shaking slightly looking somewhat pitiful [76]! //
JayM: //Battle order: Crystal Dragon [F]:0 Argent [F]:3 Jack [B]:5 Jnezdie [F]:6 Gavriel [B]:14 //
JayM: //Status for Crystal Dragon [F]: Silence(4) Regen(U) Blind(2) //
//The Crystal Dragon waves it’s wings and turns around, swiping it's tail at the front row! //
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 15, 90 ( Total: 105 )
JayM: //It lands a hit on ARgent! //
//Gavriel can't exactly nicely ask it to hand over its liver, unfortunately. (It's for Sarah, she needs the medicine…) //
JayM rolled 1d6+72 and got 6 ( Total: 78.0 )
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 51 ( Total: 51 )
JayM: //And she takes 78, Physical damage! //
JayM: //Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jack [B]:2 Jnezdie [F]:3 Gavriel [B]:11 Crystal Dragon [F]:33 //
JayM: //Argent! //
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 ) for 50Counter check!
JayM: //Strike! //
//Argent retaliates by trying to stake the Arectaris down through the dragon's tail //
Argent rolled 1d12+165 and got 1 ( Total: 166.0 )
//The final strike! Argent strikes right through the dragon's tail, and it growls despite it's throat damage and takes one step back, two, thrashing about and collapses to the ground, covering itself with it's wings… It is emitting a soft glow… //
JayM: //Victory! [+18 AP/+5400 XP/+1080 Gil] //
[OOC] Argent: HP: 365/552, MP: 80/80, LP: 98/300, SoS: 138
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 244/448, MP: 27/50, LP: 120/300, SoS: 112
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 506/506, MP: 27/90, LP: 124/300, SoS: 126
//Argent shakes herself off from the impact before watching to see what the hell the dragon's doing
and if it intends to go out with a blast like some equipped with bombs like to //
//And then it looks dead for moment, but… It starts that same growling again, deep, bassy, loud… Sad. And then it swings it's wings open, shining brilliantly like the sun itself, but it's not a hurting light, it's warm soft light that even if you look straight at, doesn't hurts. It's full of energy… Restorative power! It washes throught the party, fully restoring their wounds! HP/MP //
JayM: //fully restored! Crystal Dragon's HP/MP fully restored! All negative statuses removed [Brilliant Aura]! //
//Jnezdie still holds his katana out, and his brow wrinkles. //
Argent: "…The hell?"
//And it looks at you, a stare you know, Argent, one you've given others back in the past, if a cornered slave //"Why… Do you do this… To me…"
it's voice is a growl, although strangely… Feminie
Jnezdie: "'Just kill it,' you said."
Jnezdie: "Yeah, didn't account for it, uh…comin' back and curing us too, and…uh."
Jack: "We'd like to borrow a liver, but that's not the sort of thing one typically can borrow!"
//Argent starts back at that look. // "…kgh…"
Crystal Dragon: "Y-you… All… Just come. Come here, hurt me, pin me… Cut me… Open me… Tear me apart! Why for!"
Crystal Dragon: "Always, ever since… Ever…"
Jnezdie: "…ah. Hello."
Jnezdie: "I'm Jnezdie."
Crystal Dragon: "Why do you want… My pieces… why?! Is it just to hurt me? ust because I won't die?"
//Jnezdie sheathes his katana, pockets his hands. //
//Jack‘ slings his lute across his back, before folding his arms over his chest. // "Our friend is hurt, and apparently your liver is used to create the most curatives known to man, my dear."
//It collapses on the ground, growling a deep rumble //"I… Don’t care… Just do what… What you've come to do…"
Argent: "Your liver apparently is the key to several powerful medicines"
//Gavriel stares at the dragon. -NOW- it starts talking. Of course. // "…someone we care about is sick."
Argent: "I was not informed of your sapience, however."
//You hear a light clinking from behind you about now, and you see five people comin by, three humans, a varg and moogle. Four of them are wearing a strange contraption on their backs and carrying what can only be described as a spike shooter //
Leader: "Well, now. Did Pharos call on some eventuals again?"
JayM: //It's a human, not wielding the contraption, that says so //
//The dragon looks scared as those peple show up //
Jnezdie: "Nah, I'm here to stay."
Argent: "Identify yourselves."
JayM: //Jnezdie, then it suddenly hits you- Spike shooters- The walls? Certainly that leather- Yes, it belongs to this dragon //
//Argent stows the Arectaris, shockingly enough //
Leader: "We're a merc company, Elevaion. Pharos has us on regular duty to find his most prized medicine part. This one beastie certainly is an endless fountain of it"
Leader: "Look, guys. I know he's contracted you and all but we don't like others doing our job. Say, how about we offer you a share of the payment, though? You did weaken that one, not that it's faintly enough"
Jack: "Hahaha."
Jack: "Luckily we did our job, and not yours! Problem solved!"
//Jack‘ grin wide. //
Leader: "Hrmph. Well, now. We’re gonna go and grab the liver now though, if you don't mind? Or you can go and take it but just be quick, or you won't get a second chance at it"
//Jnezdie glances among the spikes alongside the walls from where they entered. //
//Jnezdie sighs, and speaks through his teeth. // "…hey. You think she'd like it if we did this?"
//The dragon is looking less like a dragon and more like a scared puppy now, taking steps back, it's shaking and that same growl it's had from before is more intensified //
Leader: "… What?"
Jnezdie: "Not talkin' to you, guy."
//Gavriel responds to Jnezdie by swinging his hand cannon back off from his shoulder. :| //
Jack: "Likely not, but I doubt you'd need to do anything go grandiously greuson to procude the liver, Jnezdie."
Argent: "Sorry, not interested. As far as I'm concerned, you're nosing in on our job…"
Jnezdie: "Yeah, maybe, Jack. But I'm not that interested in lettin' them do the gruesome parts, either."
Jack: "Of course!"
Leader: "… Look I didn't want to do this, but…" // he looks back // "Guys, unholster the spikers, get the blades" // he looks back at you // "If you're REALLY going to get on our way… We try to be nice and all cuz Pharos is a pansy, but I don't mind having to take you down"
Jnezdie: "So it'll take a few more Passes." // He draws his katana! // "And I'd feel better every Wave about 'em!"
Leader: "That pansy even asked us to try not to hurt this thing too much when he saw the spikers, imagine it"
JayM: //Begin battle two! //
JayM: //Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Argent [F]:2 Gavriel [B]:2 Jnezdie [F]:6 Armored Thug A [F]:7 Armored Thug B [F]:7 Armored Thug C [F]:7 Armored Thug D [B]:7 Armored Thug E [B]:7 //
JayM: //Jack! //
Jack: "What's flower-like about wanting tto cause a minimal amount of harm when procuring ingrediants to restore life to others? Ah, you must be the needlessly violent red shirts! Ah, I see now!"
//Jack‘ waves a hand over the wooden cube, before he starts up the [Blade Madrigal]. [35D] [Accuracy Up (4)] //
JayM: //Argent! //
Argent: "You picked a fight with the wrong group, assholes." // Argent comments as she does a quick runpast of one of the thugs! [Steal Item! 27D] //
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 45 ( Total: 45 ) for 85 on Thug A
//Argent removes the sword from the hands of the leader! //
JayM: //[Long Sword x1] //
JayM: //Gavriel! //
JayM: //Er //
JayM: //Change that for a Potion //
//Gavriel tilts his head back and roars in anger! [Forgotten Howl D20] //
//The mercs take a step back, shaken slightly! //
JayM: //Jnezdie! //
//Jnezdie stabs his katana into the ground, and pulls it horizontally with a mighty heave! A massive fissure opens up in the ground between the two parties, spikes fall from the walls, and in the distance, the sound of rushing water… [CT 10] //
JayM: //Battle order: Armored Thug A [F]:0 Armored Thug B [F]:0 Armored Thug C [F]:0 Armored Thug D [B]:0 Armored Thug E [B]:0 Jnezdie [F]:9 Gavriel [B]:15 Argent [F]:22 Jack [B]:28 //
//The thugs go into a long sequence of attacks! A and B both land blows on Gavriel, delivered with the flat of the blades! [Stunning Blow] //
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 31, 55 ( Total: 86 )
JayM: //They’re as the name says, stunning //
JayM rolled 2#1d10*0.75+64*0.75(1) and got 1 ( Total: 48.75 )
Also rolled 2#1d10*0.75+64*0.75(2) and got 1 [Total: 48.75 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 97.5, Avg: 1.00
JayM: //Physical Melee damage and Stop(1)! //
//C then just slashes across Argent's frame! [Slice] //
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 )
JayM rolled 1d10+64 and got 9 ( Total: 73.0 )
JayM: //73 Physical, Melee damage! //
[OOC] Argent: HP: 433/506, MP: 80/80, LP: 108/300, SoS: 138
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 61 ( Total: 61 ) for 50
//Thugs D and E attack Argent and Jnezdie in order! //
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 51, 35 ( Total: 86 )
JayM rolled 2#1d10*0.75+64*0.75(1) and got 9 ( Total: 54.75 )
Also rolled 2#1d10*0.75+64*0.75(2) and got 5 [Total: 51.75 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 106.5, Avg: 7.00
JayM: //54, Physical Melee damage to Argent and 51 of the same for Jnezdie! //
JayM: //Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:6 Argent [F]:13 Jack [B]:19 Armored Thug A [F]:29 Armored Thug B [F]:29 Armored Thug C [F]:30 Armored Thug D [B]:30 Armored Thug E [B]:30 //
JayM: //Jnezdie, bust them up good! //
//Jnezdie points a finger at Armored Thug A, B, and C! [Samakah Cataract, 38D] //
Jnezdie rolled 3d100 and got 13, 11, 61 ( Total: 85 ) for 45 CoS eject
//A wave of water crashes in from behind Armored Thug A and B, pushing them into the fissure! The ground groans and seals itself shut! [Eject] [Eject] //
JayM: //The rushing waters of the Cataract wash away two of them! //
[OOC] Argent: HP: 378/506, MP: 100/100, LP: 118/300, SoS: 138
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 451/492, MP: 62/62, LP: 30/300, SoS: 123 - Accuracy Up (3)
JayM: //Gavriel! //
JayM: //Recovers //
JayM: //Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jack [B]:6 Armored Thug C [F]:17 Armored Thug D [B]:17 Armored Thug E [B]:17 Jnezdie [F]:25 Gavriel [B]:33 //
JayM: //Argent! //
//Gavriel shakes himself awake, looking mad as hell. //
//Jnezdie draws his katana, and swipes at the air, wielding it with one hand! // "It's too late to surrender now," // he hisses with an angry smile. //
//Argent shakes herself off from the barrage, before glaring at the back-row soldier who attacked her, throwing the chakram in her hand with a surprising swiftness [Pummel! 20D] //
JayM: //Strike!! //
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 ) for 90
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 89 ( Total: 89 ) for 90
JayM: //Er, right Pummel is two weaker hits, neh? //
Argent rolled 1d6+40 and got 5 ( Total: 45.0 ) for physical
Argent rolled 1d6+40 and got 3 ( Total: 43.0 ) for physical
//Argent ricochets it off of the soldier, before kicking it back for a second go! //
JayM: //Two nasty cuts! //
JayM: //Jack! //
[OOC] Argent: HP: 378/506, MP: 100/100, LP: 121/300, SoS: 138
//Jack‘ waves a hand in front of the wooden box briefly, then seques into the [Life Song] [35D] //
Jack` rolled 2d10+65 and got 10, 7 ( Total: 82.0 )
JayM: //Battle order: Armored Thug C [F]:0 Armored Thug D [B]:0 Armored Thug E [B]:0 Argent [F]:3 Jnezdie [F]:8 Gavriel [B]:16 Jack [B]:24 //
//The remaining one in the front row decides that Jnezdie is a bad news! [Stunning Blow] //
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 70 ( Total: 70 )
JayM: //Not connecting! //
//The two backrow thugs then ALSO focus-fire on Jnezdie! [Slice x2] //
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 2, 36 ( Total: 38 )
JayM rolled 2#1d10*0.75+64*0.75(1) and got 4 ( Total: 51.0 )
Also rolled 2#1d10*0.75+64*0.75(2) and got 9 [Total: 54.75 (High), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 105.75, Avg: 6.50
JayM: //Physical Melee damage! //
JayM: //Argent! //
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 366/492, MP: 62/62, LP: 50/300, SoS: 123 - Accuracy Up (3)
Jnezdie: "Yeah, you better get worried."
//Argent focuses for a bit on the same target, before thrusting forward with her open palm, a white beam of light focusing on the soldier before a larger blast travels along it in a near-instant [Aurabolt, 27D] //
Argent rolled 1d6+84 and got 1 ( Total: 85.0 ) for magical holy damage
JayM: //Aurabolt! A move distinct to the ascetic martial artists of the Material Kingdom, highly disputed on it’s nature as a Technique or a Magic. Nontheless, effective //
JayM: //[85] //
JayM: //Jnezdie! //
[OOC] Jnezdie: which one got shot
[OOC] Argent: D
[OOC] Argent: HP: 461/506, MP: 85/100, LP: 125/300, SoS: 138
//Jnezdie charges towards Armored Thug C, and a dark slash builds up toward him! [Soul Eater, 38D] //
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 71 ( Total: 71 )
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+176 and got 2 ( Total: 178.0 )
JayM: //It cuts through him good! //
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 318/492, MP: 62/62, LP: 50/300, SoS: 123 - Accuracy Up (2)
JayM: //Another, and he's dust //
JayM: //Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Jack [B]:8 Argent [F]:14 Armored Thug C [F]:22 Armored Thug D [B]:23 Armored Thug E [B]:23 Jnezdie [F]:30 //
JayM: //Gavriel! //
JayM: //Choose your target well //
//Gavriel aims at Thug D to finish him off, letting loose a blindingly bright flash of light; in the aftereffect, he's completely stunned! [MAGNA ASSAULT C100] //
JayM: //Taking slightly more than his max HP in damage, Thug D is certainly finished off //
JayM: //You can hear him falling off the ledge outside //
JayM: //Jack! //
//Jack‘ continues jamming. [35D] //
Jack` rolled 2d10+65 and got 3, 3 ( Total: 71.0 )
JayM: //Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Armored Thug C [F]:8 Armored Thug D [B]:9 Armored Thug E [B]:9 Jnezdie [F]:16 Gavriel [B]:26 Jack [B]:29 //
JayM: //Argent! //
JayM: //Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Armored Thug C [F]:8 Armored Thug E [B]:9 Jnezdie [F]:16 Gavriel [B]:26 Jack [B]:29 //
JayM: //Rather //
//Argent stands, feinting by bouncing the chakram off of the floor before firing another Aurabolt, this time at Thug C. With accompanying // "Hoaaa!"
JayM: //I could certainly accept a damage roll about now //
JayM rolled 1d6+84 and got 4 ( Total: 88.0 ) for magical holy damage
Gavriel rolled 1d6+84 and got 2 ( Total: 86.0 ) for magical holy damage
JayM: //Pretty sweet hit for [88] nontheless //
//Thug C certainly not liking being aurabolted in the face and goes for a [Stunning Blow] against the Viera! //
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 7 ( Total: 7 )
JayM rolled 1d10+64 and got 3 ( Total: 67.0 )
JayM: //67, Physical Melee damage and Stop(1)! //
[OOC] Argent: HP: 394/506, MP: 70/100, LP: 139/300, SoS: 138, Accuracy Up(1), Stop(1)
//Thug E then decides to slice up Jnezdie! //
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 86 ( Total: 86 )
JayM: //Vwoosh //
JayM: //Jnezdie! //
//Jnezdie zips over to Thug C and cuts across his chest with a dark wave! [Soul Eater, 38D] //
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 34 ( Total: 34 )
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+176 and got 3 ( Total: 179.0 )
JayM: //And Thug C is thrown aside! [KO] //
JayM: //Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Argent [F]:1 Jack [B]:3 Armored Thug C [F]:20 Armored Thug E [B]:21 Jnezdie [F]:28 //
JayM: //Gavriel! Recovers //
JayM: //Argent! Recovers //
JayM: //Jack! //
JayM: //Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Armored Thug C [F]:17 Armored Thug E [B]:18 Jnezdie [F]:25 Gavriel [B]:37 Argent [F]:38 //
//Jack` is such an enabler, with his music and life song. [35D] //
Jack` rolled 2d10+65 and got 2, 4 ( Total: 71.0 )
[OOC] Jnezdie: musicians are a bad influence
JayM: //Indeed! //
[OOC] Gavriel: I thought they were assholes?
[OOC] Jnezdie: and assholes!
[OOC] Gavriel: just as long as we’re clear
//Thug E is certainly not going to go down the same path as C! It tries to [Stunning Blow] Jnezdie! //
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 26 ( Total: 26 )
JayM rolled 1d10+65 and got 8 ( Total: 73.0 )
JayM: //Pof! 73 damage and Stop(1)! //
JayM: //Jnezdie… Recovers //
JayM: //Gavriel! //
//Jnezdie shakes it off! [40D] //
JayM: //Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Gavriel [B]:2 Argent [F]:3 Armored Thug E [B]:21 Jnezdie [F]:30 //
//Jack‘ keeps feeding the elvaan HP in the form of an upbeat song. [35D] //
Jack` rolled 2d10+65 and got 2, 1 ( Total: 68.0 )
JayM: //Gavriel! //
//The remaining human just, looks like he’s regretting his life choices right now //
//Gavriel growls, aims his gun, -fires-. No mercy. [MAGNA ASSAULT C90] //
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 98 ( Total: 98 ) for 90
JayM: //Is Accuracy Up still there? //
JayM: //Or did it already run out? //
JayM: //I imagine it did, too bad //
Argent: //Ran out, I believe //
[OOC] Gavriel: It ran out _~_
JayM: //Argent! //
//Argent flings another Aurabolt at the thug anyway. //
Argent rolled 1d10+84 and got 10 ( Total: 94.0 )
JayM: //Slam! //
//The Thug is getting tired of it and [Slice]s at Argent! //
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 71 ( Total: 71 )
JayM rolled 1d10+64 and got 8 ( Total: 72.0 )
JayM: //Physical Melee damage! //
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 51 ( Total: 51 ) for 50
JayM: //Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Jack [B]:5 Argent [F]:5 Gavriel [B]:12 Armored Thug E [B]:30 //
JayM: //Jnezdie! //
Jnezdie: "And one to grow on!" // He slashes with dark energy! [Soul Eater, 38D] //
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 94 ( Total: 94 )
Jnezdie: "Still growin' that one!"
JayM: //This man is mightly lucky //
JayM: //Jack! //
Jack: "Hahahah! No doubt!" // [Life Song] [35D] //
JayM: //And Argent! //
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+65 and got 6, 5 ( Total: 76.0 )
Argent: //Another aurabolt-to-face time //
Argent rolled 1d10+84 and got 6 ( Total: 90.0 )
JayM: //And he’s getting worn down! //
JayM: //Gavriel… Recovers //
JayM: //Battle order: Armored Thug E [B]:0 Argent [F]:7 Jnezdie [F]:8 Jack [B]:10 Gavriel [B]:22 //
//The Thug just slashes at Argent again! //
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 82 ( Total: 82 )
JayM rolled 1d10+65 and got 3 ( Total: 68.0 )
JayM: //It hits, for Physical Melee damage //
JayM: //Argent! //
[OOC] Argent: That might not have hit? I think that was an 82
[OOC] Argent: Oh wait, sword
[OOC] Gavriel: they're using swords
JayM: //Sword, yes //
[OOC] Argent: God, I can't think today
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 7 ( Total: 7 ) for 50
//Argent backhands the thug in the face in response //
Argent rolled 1d6+40 and got 1 ( Total: 41.0 )
JayM: //You sned him reeling! //
JayM: //And then your turn //
Argent: //Another aurabolt to the face to follow that backhand up with //
Argent rolled 1d10+84 and got 8 ( Total: 92.0 )
JayM: //Jnezdie? //
JayM: //Just don't miss //
//Jnezdie runs along the Aurabolt and strikes across! [Attack, 38D] //
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 56 ( Total: 56 )
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+88 and got 8 ( Total: 96.0 )
JayM: //And you slice! The heavy armor saves his life in the long run but not the consciousness! [KO] //
JayM: //[+10 AP/I'll math later] //
JayM rolled 5d100 and got 85, 60, 66, 47, 85 ( Total: 343 )
JayM: //Nothing salvageable out of their gear //
//Argent already swiped a potion anyway //
Jnezdie: "Whooooo…" // He wipes off his katana and sheathes it. //
//You hear a noise from behind you, like skittering- The dragon is… Standing slightly more upright than it was a moment ago, and a bit closer, no longer hiding herself behind her own wings //"… Why did… You do that?"
//Jnezdie looks over his shoulder to the dragon. // "Aw, well. We're not harmless. But we a'int heartless, either."
Jack: "Obviously our dear Jnezdie was showing the audiance how noble he is, after accidentially doing something he might not normally have done!"
Crystal Dragon: "T-thank you…"
Gavriel: "…not all of us are all bad." // He turns around, looking a bit tired. //
Argent: "Again, we were not informed prior of your sapience."
Jnezdie: "Save it. I still feel bad about hackin' you up earlier."
//Argent glares at the chakram before stuffing it back in her pack //
Jnezdie: "I mean, I didn't know, but-"
//Argent sighs in frustration. // "Well, job's going to be a hell of a lot more complicated now."
Jnezdie: "Life can only be lived forward, and can only be understood backwards."
Gavriel: "…and that sick friend we mentioned… would probably be happy we did that, too, so." // He shrugs, holstering the hand cannon again. // "Next time somebody tries something like that, actually say something instead of growling like a wild animal. Might save you some pain."
//She looks down, slightly disturbed, unsure what to do. Her features are hard to read, except for Jnezdie who can guess a lot more from her entire posture. She looks unsure, although certainly happy //"T-they… Never listened…"
Argent: "We're not them."
Crystal Dragon: "But, what is this? About a sick friend?"
Jnezdie: "Our boss. But we like her despite that."
Jack: "Well, she may be one of the undead anyways! Or a machine of some kind. Hrmrmrmrm."
Argent: "Ignore him."
Jnezdie: "But- she damn near killed herself, savin' a bunch of others."
Jnezdie: "She's bedridden, just on this side of worse."
Argent: "Our employer-slash-friend is indeed in serious condition."
Jnezdie: "And if there was somethin' we could do to help her…"
//The dragon looks around for a while, she looks at Jack, and takes a step back //"J-just… Wait one moment! Please!"
she turns around and runs, although you can stop hearing the clicking of her claws on the stony ground soon, so she stopped nearby"
//Jnezdie turns, cocking his head curiously. //
//Jack‘ glances at the dragno going to fecth something, then turns to Argent and waggles his eyebrows. //
Argent: "The hell is that gesture for?"
//It takes a few moments, but she returns, she has a small damaged weave basket on her right claw, making it somewhat difficult to walk with just three legs instead of four. She does looks slightly worse for the wear, but she looks at Jnezdie and hands it over to him //"O-one time… One time someone came and… Hum… They had time to make this… Before I ran"
Jack: "One day you’ll be graced with clarity and understanding!"
JayM: //There's certainly a small box and a flask full of a translucent, sweet-smelling liquid in it //
//Argent quirks an eyebrow at the basket //
//Jnezdie takes the basket, peering inside. //
JayM: //Jnezdie… The way of her step, her eyes… This cannot be as old as she claims //
//Jnezdie looks up to the dragon, not amused. //
Dragon: "G-give that to your friend and… What's in the box to the medic, I-i know it'll help…"
Argent: "Right then."
Jnezdie: "…is it gonna help you."
Argent: "I'll deal with that."
Dragon: "N-no… It's nothing that I need…"
Dragon: "You were… The first kind people I ever met… Since I hatched. I have… Nothing of value, can't even help, so… Accept that, please…"
Dragon: "Just! Before you leave, can you tell me your names?"
Argent: "Callsign Argent." // she nods. //
//Jnezdie looks to Argent, then shakes his head, looking back to the dragon. // "Jnezdie."
Gavriel: "Gavriel Martim Gurutz." // He bows his head to the pained, majestic creature, glancing at it out of his good eye. //
//Jack‘ slings his lute back behind himself, then bows with entirely more flourish than needed, one arms tubmling out in circles in front of him. // "Jack."
Dragon: "I-i’m sorry… I don't have a name to give in return. I've hatched alone, and… Been like that since then. I'll… Keep your names with me"
Jnezdie: "You've given enough."
//Argent nods to the dragon //
JayM: //Any further farewells, before leaving? //
//Jnezdie hmms to himself, which becomes a groan. // "Gav, hey."
Argent: //None here. Argent is heading back out for the climb down //
Jnezdie: "Gonna ask you to do somethin' very un-merc with your gun, ya see?"
//Jack‘ stands back up, smiling. // "You could call yourself Rainbow, if you wanted!"
//Gavriel raises an eyebrow at Jnezdie. // "What do you need?"
Jnezdie: "I can’t reach the spikes on the ceiling to break and get rid of 'em." // He cuts at one at a nearby wall, shaving it from the cave. //
Jnezdie: "Oughta clean up the den a bit, the way I see it."
Rainbow: "Rainbow it's… A beautiful name. I guess i'll take it"
Jack: "Well, there you go then!"
//Gavriel takes a step back a moment, and an honest to clouds -grin- breaks out on his face for a split second, before he carefully aims at the high spikes to dislodge them, as per Jnezdie's suggestion… //
//And then the party starts their work… Dislodging the spikes, and taking them out of this cave. As the party heads out in their cleaning, Rainbow looks a lot more relaxed, and sitting with her wings open, the light from the ceiling reflects off them, giving the exit cave a lot more light, it looks like a happier place like such //
//And thus the party makes their way back to the town. Wether to meet with Pharos first or with Sarah, is up to them //
Argent: //Argent's heading to Pharos first //
//Jnezdie checks out what in the box, first. //
[OOC] Jnezdie: *what's
JayM: //It's… Exactly what Pharos asked for //
JayM: //(although it's been cut to fit the box) //
//Jnezdie shakes his head and closes it up before handing it to Argent. //
Jnezdie: "Oi, you deal with it, I'm headin' back."
Argent: "Business is business." // she nods, taking the box and heading for the tent. //
JayM: //One at a time //
[OOC] Argent: Sure thing.
//As Argent arrives in the tent, it takes a bit to announce oneself and get the security off to make your way in, but Pharos looks anxious //"Ah, there you are- You're missing some, is everyone allright?!"
he looks certainly worried
Argent: "They're fine. They went to deal with business. I have a few things to discuss with you, though, before I hand over the desired ingredient."
Pharos: "Sure thing… What is it?"
Argent: "First of all, were you informed that the dragon was at all sapient?"
Pharos: "What?! It's not beast?"
Pharos: "Records only mention dragons as wild beasts, I figured this one wasn't different- Wait"
Pharos: "You didn't kill it, did you?"
Argent: "It's not. She, at least I'm convinced she's a she
no, not that we could."
Pharos: "What all happened?"
Argent: "Healed herself as we we nearly took her down enough to get the liver. Then the others you apparently have a long-running contract with—that we also weren't informed about," // this she growls in irritation, eyes narrowing, // "came in. They've been dealt with."
Pharos: "Uhn- Oh, I didn't think it was worth mentioning. They had orders that if I hired any eventuals to just help them out, they know that if they didn't do things timely they'd get the proverbial shaft"
Argent: "I don't like it when an employer holds out on notable information pertaining to the job…" // she's clearly not happy, // "In this case, it seems as if the dragon is capable of being reasoned with. I'd recommend you cancel your running contract and if you need to make this medicine so badly, talk with the dragon herself on the matter."
Pharos: "What i'd- Hardly, the last thing i'd do is try to take a body part from another… PERSON just to make medicine!"
Pharos: "Sure, a dangerous beast is one thing but-"
Argent: "She willingly gave this."
//Argent shoves the box into Pharos' hands //
Argent: "It apparently regenerates anyway."
//He blinks //"W-wait"
he looks down at the box "Y-you're sure but this is-" he just looks down "…"
Pharos: "Just… Two Mists, it's all I need"
Argent: "And the rest you promised?"
//He runs back in, although 'back in' isn't too far so you can see him pick up a small reinforced container from under a shelf, he opens up the rather elaborate lock and and opens it, handing over it to Argent, she sees it has a single vial of translucent, crystalline liquid that looks a bit goopy, there are also four 25-Gil coins inside //"This one is the last one left of the last batch,
JayM: //it'll take me a bit to make more, so i'll stick around…
"
Pharos thinks for a moment, and runs back and returns, with an actual footlocker! //"And this, it's a tad heavy, you can use Altamira outside, she's a trained ride"
Argent: "Right then." // She stows the money and vial, before grabbing onto the footlocker. // "Thank you for holding onto your end of the agreement."
Pharos: "I'm… Sorry for what happened"
JayM: //Gained [Crystal Elixir x1, Footlocker x1, Thunder Gem x2, Asura x2, Osafune x2, Bangle x1] //
JayM: //Also [Elixir x1] //
JayM: //The Crystal Elixir is a far more potent version of Elixir, might be worth saving it up, or not //
Argent: "Your end's been dealt with, just remember to cancel the contract. We've already made it potentially viable in such a way that you're not out of a job and the dragon's not getting pinned to the wall and dissected on a regular basis."
JayM: //It's possible to see Pharos pale even under his fur //
//Meanwhile, Jnezdie and the rest are at Sarah's side. He may or not be carrying the [Sweet-scented Fluid] that Rainbow gave them, depends on what his understanding of her words were //
Argent: "Just don't screw it up." // Argent nods as she leaves with the payment as she heads for the chocobo. //
//Sarah is still in the same state she was, the moogle is happy to see you here, he looks certainly disturbed at her state but still. He'll leave you to your friend //
//Jnezdie thanks the moogle as he exits. //
[OOC] Jnezdie: yeah he's got the fluid and gave the box to argent
//Gavriel followed Jnezdie, trusting Argent to… handle Pharos for them. He bows his head in thanks to the moogle. //
Jnezdie: "…think this works like a normal medicine, or what? I've got no idea." // He uncorks it and wafts a bit into his nose…sweet! //
JayM: //Sweet and… It smells also, I don't know… It smells sweet like a lady you bring home, after a romantic night… //
JayM: //It does have the look of normal medicine, maybe it's meant to be drank? //
//Jnezdie unexpectedly flinches, and is trying to suppress a blush. Also unexpected. //
Jack: "Well. Press a drop to her lips and see how she reacts before using it properly."
Jnezdie: "Here we go." // He very carefully drops a drop to Sarah's snout. //
//Gavriel watches, standing behind Jack and Jnezdie with his arms folded behind his back. (Worriedly.) //
//In doing so, Sarah has a bit of an unexpected reaction, she grabs hold of what's in front of her, presumably Jnezdie's hand holding the receptacle. And holding it weakly she turns it on her mouth, drinking it voraciously, it's slightly sticky like honey. She drinks with a abandon, spilling it prefusely on her, but where it touches her body it's absorbed by it skin itself, the wounds in //
JayM: //her body sealing up, curing themselves at an accelerated pace, her machines in her torse, growing, repairing themselves but at a far slower pace, strangely, her dress too, seems to repair itself //
//Jnezdie struggles to stay standing, but it's probably not a good idea to fight against a weakened Sarah, so he's easily tugged about! //
//Somehow, the way she drinks it and it's spilled, specially the fact that Jnezdie's still holding it by the time she's finished, makes this whole thing seem excessively… Low-level, if you get my meaning. The sweet scent it's intoxicating for a moment. And she opens her eyes //"L-Liara? W-where is… She?"
//Jack‘ blinks twice, then raises an eyebrows. // "I’ve not the faintest clue, maiden."
//Jnezdie is still leaning down and over, motionless. // "Uhhhhhhhh…"
//Gavriel raises the eyebrow of his good eye, slowly. //
//She lets go, although can't really stand up fully //"Uhn… Where did you get? Liara's the only one who could have this…"
//Jnezdie stands back up, straightening up and smoothing out his manchurian shirt. // "Uh. Dragon."
Jack: "From a raindow crystaline dragon which until an hour ago had no name to speak of."
Jack: "(She's taken on 'Rainbow', now.)"
Sarah: "Another?" // she makes a weird grinning face // "I'll have to tell Liara later, then… About Rainbow"
Sarah: "I'm… Sorry I made you all worry, too… Ugh-"
//Sarah winces, putting a hand over her chest //"C-can I impose and… Ask one final… Rather difficult, favor?"
she has a bit of a pained grin
Jnezdie: "'s the first thing you've been able to ask of us in many Passes."
Jnezdie: "Work back into your position as client- go ahead and ask away."
Jack: "Only if you promise to rest in bed properly whilst we do it, maiden."
Sarah: "Y-you all saw my secret… What's under this dress… My… Machines… They're part of what keeps me alive… And they're running out of power"
Sarah: "I'll need you to… Reroute power, to keep my life support going"
//She closes her eyes //"Can you do it? I'll guide you. Be sure, I know well where everything goes"
Jnezdie: "…yeah. Yeah!"
Jack: "Hmph. Well, I suppose so. I doubt Gavriel'd mind overly much at being forced up another woman's skirt again!"
JayM: //So i'm going to ask for a Medicine/Systems [TN 8] check here- Don't worry, a failure won't mean anything bad, just to know if you can pull off something absurd here //
JayM: //If Argent really feels like she can add here, she can totally show up in the right time for the operation- Up to Nama, though //
//Jnezdie will do it for Sarah! [Dependable: Technical] [Aptitude: Wildreness] //
//Argent comes in, hefting a foot locker //
JayM: //Hold a second //
JayM: //Tinker, instead of Systems //
//Jack‘ has a little bit of experience working with machines. Does it for fun! [Aptitude] [Dependable] [Finesse] [Expertise] //
Argent: "…the hell is going on in here?"
Jnezdie: "For Sarah. She’s helping us through this. Could need another pair of hands."
Jack: "Secrets fo the medicial profession are being revealed!"
Argent: "Right, right, I'll see what I can do then."
Argent: //[Lucky:Wilderness] //
//Gavriel knows some about this sort of thing as well. [Aptitude] Although most of it is corrected mistakes //
Jack‘ rolled 2d6 and got 1, 5 ( Total: 6 )
Also rolled 2#d10+1(1) and got 10 [Total: 11.0 (High), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 2#d10+1(2) and got 7 [Total: 8.0 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(1) and got 1 [Total: 1 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(2) and got 8 [Total: 8 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 3#d8(3) and got 4 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 38.0, Avg: 5.14**
[OOC] Jack: done and done
JayM: //That’s 3 out of 4 //
[OOC] Jack: OH
[OOC] Jack: right. Uh.
[OOC] Jnezdie: one second
[OOC] JayM: Worst comes to worst- Extreme Effort on Gavriel
//Gavriel is sweating like crazy, focing himself to recall every bit of first aid training he's ever received. [Extreme Effort. 4 passes] //
[OOC] JayM: though I get to describe what happens
[OOC] Jnezdie: Gav would definately take one for the team yeah
[OOC] Jnezdie: It Is A Varg Trait
//The process is… Absurd, just absurd. You've never seen 'machinery' like this, thin wires, boards with runes engraved on them an tiny, tiny plastic pieces, metals of unknown origin, metals and crystals that radiate energy and… Somewhere, in her heart, around and into it… Gravity, the terrible pull of gravity, and all the while the materials seem to be living, pulsing, flesh and veins //
JayM: //turn into metal and wires as if it was natural. And then, when Gavriel is doing the final instruction, to put the last wire in place, a crimson spark, and his hard starts tingling //
//Despite that, he closes the final board, and the plate. And, then he starts to feel something inside his arm, eating it from the inside out, and it hurts, severely, and he can't hold back a scream. At that point Sarah looks surprised, and takes a surprising reaction, she clamps down her teeth on his arm, and despite it hurting a bit soon enough the pain subsides entirely, and then she //
JayM: //lets go // "S-sorry…"
JayM: //[+6 AP/+250 XP] //
//Jack‘ cants his head to the side. //
//Jnezdie gives Gavriel a pat on the back for bein’ a good sport about it. //
//She lays down, takes a few deep breaths //"Sorry for the mess…"
Jack: "Well, as long as you're alright now."
Jnezdie: "A'int a thing. Well, lie- it is. But it's good to have you back."
Argent: "…okay, that sudden episode of what-the-hell aside, Pharos needs two Mists to give us a dose of that elixir."
Sarah: "… N-no need… What Rainbow prepared… Was enough. I just… Need to rest a bit more, I guess and…"
Sarah: "I owe you some explanation"
//Gavriel blinks. He's seen and done a number of strange things in the past few days. That one… probably took the cake and all the frosting. He looks -spooked-, his fur's going every which way and his hackles are up, but he grins at Sarah nonetheless. // "A- are you okay now? It- that's what matters."
//needed //
Argent: "We're getting it anyway. Better to have it and be prepared."
Sarah: "I-i am… I'll… Just need to rest a bit…"
Argent: "I'm not one to give retroactive discounts when the nature of the job's already been changed up on me anyway."
Jnezdie: "Get your rest, Sarah. Explainations can wait until a proper company dinner, yeah?"
//Gavriel nods, looking relieved. Spooked, but relieved. (And, somewhere in this, he'll thank Argent for a job well done, but it'll probably come out all stumbling and sideways.) //
//She looks unbelievably tired now //"I'll… I can't… Tell you the truth, yet but… Legends, are born from the reality and… I'll have a tale to tell you but… Can it be in the pagi?"
she says, before closing her eyes //
JayM: //And with that the session comes to close //

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License