Sw02

Split Worlds - Session 2
The drizzle outside is as light as ever, the soft shade left by Ultima's Throne had left this little town you are now on it's been a few Waves, so you're about ready to leave after preparations. A soft wind picks up, gentingly rustling the grass and making clothes billow triumphantly for no reason. Sarah looks at a pair of maps, one ancient and one recent, and hands both over to Gavriel
JayM: "Well, this is the path I want to follow…"// she seems tired still, even though she took a short nap prior to this "There's a few stops along the way, too"
The map shows a pretty rough path, you'll cross half of the Material Kingdom on foot, and stop by four ruins on the way, then dive through the Viera woods that connect the Material and Ethereal kingdoms, circle around the mountains where the Transcient Town is and find a ruin, the final objective, on the Ethereal side of the mountains, a bit higher than the base
JayM: //All in all it should take more than ninety Passes to make it all, given you keep a good speed and ignoring the time spent dungeon crawling

Gavriel totally had a paw on the map to keep it from blowing away in the wind. Gusts are for capes billowing, not for maps! He'll take them both, and guard them carefully. //"Understood."
Jnezdie is perched on a conveniently placed rock outcropping to match the triumphant billowing. "Well. Normally we could make that treck within a few Waves, but there's nothing wrong with taking our time." He grins cockily.
Argent nods, looking at where the stops are, quirking an eye when she notices the woods.
JayM: //Well, you're ready to depart whenever it'll be

[OOC] JayM: Feel free to talk out/ask an whatever if you want ebefore departing
Jnezdie: "Seriously though- that's a lot of land. Going to need anything else for the journey, Sarah?"// He cocks his head, earnestly asking.
Jack‘ stands stalwart behind the others, letting the wind billow his ruffles and hair as the others decide on the travelling path. Once they’re ready to set out he has no real objectinos, and spins his lute around to start idly plucking at strings.
Sarah: "Well…"
she gently puts a hand over her chest "My medicine's running out but… I'll find some more on the way, there's a stop for that"
Jnezdie thumps his chest with a fist. "Just say the word and we'll give whatever local apothecary a shakedown."
Argent: "So that's accounted for, then. Anyone need anything else? I'd like to get this job on the road as soon as possible."
Argent reslings her staff over her shoulder after checking it over.
Sarah: "Good to know i'm covered!…"
Gavriel glances at Jnezdie, vaguely amused, before turning to Sarah. "Anything you need, let us know."
Jnezdie stands upon the rock, then backflips off, landing with the rest of the group. "Right!"
The trek is long, but at least you keep to the beaten road for the most part. However, you soon start encountering what will be your most common and troublesome hurdle, Sarah. She really can't keep up with an advanced pace, so you need to slow down, neither can she carry much load, although she does tries to be helpful. That, and the fact that halfway through the pass she is already pretty
JayM: //obviously sleepy, and about to pass out, leaving you with little choice but to stop and camp. At least you did cover a decent amount of terrain by now

Jack: "Ready to roll!"
Sarah, however, valiantly attempts to stay awake as long as you people keep going. It's a loosing war, really
Jack‘ bobs his head from side to side, mumbling inbetween chords here and there, //"Mayhaps - we ought loko into a cart! What sort of fair maiden goes cross country on foot! Surely an over sight on our part."
Gavriel tilts his head at Jack, after earlier suggesting the group take a short break, there’s no huge rush - "Not a bad idea."
Jack: "I wager we'll acquire a fair share of dubious artifacts before long as well!"
Jnezdie has no problems keeping the load carried amongst four, taking on extra when he can. He cocks his head the opposite way of Gavriel. "Going to be a long way of it…couldn't hurt."
Argent: "That'd be a lot more in the way of expenses; animals to draw the cart, and everything to deal with those as well. Still have to admit that her willingness to keep going is admirable."
Argent comments, arm recently relieved of 1x sickly bangaa slumped over sleepily
Jnezdie: "Animals?"
The site is actually a fairly nice opening in the surrounding greenery, which seems like other campers have already used previously. There's signs of an old fireplace and the ground is pretty beaten already
Argent: "Carts are heavy."
Gavriel sets about making a fire, if they'll be there for any length of time.
Jnezdie: "Rickshaw's a cart."
Jack: "They -"
Jack hits a hard chord, then begins to strum up and down on it quickly, "rrrrrrrooooolllll!"
JayM: //Well, none of you are tired yet, hardly time for you to go to bed, so what're you doing while the sleeping beauty lies?

Argent: Hunting. Best not to let the food stores drop too low if one can conveniently grab some now.
Gavriel built the fire, is now sitting by it, having taken out a polishing cloth and bottle of yellow oil, and is going over all the parts and valves and various surfaces of his hand cannon. What? It was dusty!
Jack: "Well, I suppose we can look into it when next we hit a town, no sense in backtracking so early on in the tale."// Jack mumbles to himself as he takes a seat and conitnues to play quietly, thuogh he's keeping an eye on the surroundings at least.
JayM: //Hrm… Let's try a Danger Sense [TN 4] check, then

JayM: Includes Sarah's Helpless
Argent: That a single or double?
Jnezdie looks over the map again, looking at where the next set of ruins is located. After nodding to himself in realization that he has no idea what that area is like, he packs it away and joins the pseudo-watch with improvised soft drumming of legs.
JayM: Normal, yes
Gavriel isn't focusing on polishing his weapon so much that he's not keeping his eyes and ears up. [Too Easy] [Aptitude]
Jnezdie has an eye for danger. [Aptitude: Wilderness]
Argent is already out huntingchances are if something's there she'll run into it anyway [Lucky]
Jack‘ rolled 2#d8+1(1) and got 1 for a total of 2
Jack` rolled 2#d8+1(2) and got 8 for a total of 9
Jack` rolled 3#d8(1) and got 6 for a total of 6
Jack` rolled 3#d8(2) and got 8 for a total of 8
Jack` rolled 3#d8(3) and got 6 for a total of 6
Jack` got a total of 31
As Argent is returning with today’s catch (some fine vegetables and rabite meat, lucky so that you even found one particularly good spice herb out in the wild!) she notices something that really shouldn't be there: People heading towards your camp, three wielding blades and two with rifles with long barrels. Argent has enough time to catch up to them from behind as they breach the limit
JayM: of the party's camp, only to find the entirety of the party ready to welcome them
JayM: Sarah is, of course, still asleep
Argent: "Bandits. Naturally."
JayM: Battle begins! Argent gets a free turn whence she can ignore row modifiers
Jnezdie: "Keep it down, punks."// He sneers at the approaching people while dancing his fingers on the pommel of his katana. "The lady's sleeping."
Jack: "Hello, hello! Welcome my good bandits! So kind of you to grace our tale with the most easy of cliches to overcome! It wouldn't be quite the same if our three brave heroes didn't fend you off with grace and ease!"
Argent growls as she whips out her staff, quickly taking the surprise as she rushes forward, swinging the weapon hard at the first gunner's head. Bandits are one of those things she does -not- like, when she thinks about it…
Argent: //[Attack, (44D?)]

JayM: Yes
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 30 for a total of 30
The leading bandit, wielding a sword and definitely hyperactive (such is the Taru nature), looks at Jack //"The hell do you think you are? Some actor in a play?"
JayM: //Hits!

Argent rolled 1d12+110 and got 4 for a total of 114
Jack: "Perish the thought! I am the composer, my man."
JayM: [110]! Another one, maybe!
Argent smashes one of the gun-users in the face right then. //"Why don't you all go to hell already if you know what's good for you."
JayM: //Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Gavriel [B]:2 Ranged Bandit A [B]:3 Ranged Bandit B [B]:3 Sarah [B]:4 Melee Bandit A [F]:5 Melee Bandit B [F]:5 Melee Bandit C [F]:5 Jnezdie [F]:6 Argent [F]:6

JayM: Battle begins in earnest!
Jack: "The actors are the ones what will give you the pummeling you so seem to seak!"// Jack doesn't bother getting up fomr his seat, but he starts to retune his lute slightly. [15D] [Wait]
Jnezdie smirks. "You guys were close, though. I'm the leading man." He jerks a thumb to himself…then laughs.'
[OOC] Argent: HP: 515/515, MP: 75/75, SoS: 128
JayM: //Gavriel!

Gavriel just… snarls, rising to his feet, taking a deep breath. Lemon oil and gunpowder, that's what this smells like. He tilts his head back and howls, striking fear into their hearts! [Forgotten Howl D20]
The bandits take a step back- It's never nice to hear a Varg's howl
JayM: Battle order: Ranged Bandit A [B]:0 Ranged Bandit B [B]:0 Sarah [B]:1 Melee Bandit A [F]:2 Melee Bandit B [F]:2 Melee Bandit C [F]:2 Jnezdie [F]:3 Argent [F]:3 Jack [B]:12 Gavriel [B]:19
JayM: I need to learn to leave Sarah out of he tracker
Jack: "I do wonder how they didn't notice - you look far more the part of a lead than I!"
One of the bandits with the rifle looks at Gavriel, and decides that he's dangerous! He starts aiming carefully [Kite Eye Shot, CT 20]
Jnezdie: "Punks don't know how to appreciate art."
Jnezdie: "They didn't even start off with a, 'give us your money!!'"
The other one with a rifle then takes aim, not as thoroughly, at Jnezdie //"I'll show you what lead is" [Charge, CT 4]
Jack: "Hmph!"
Melee Bandit A takes a deep breath and enters a defensive stance! [Defend,
Melee B then points at Jnezdie "How about you show some of that art appreciation to me!" he jumps at him and strikes with his sword! [Trick Attack]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 93 for a total of 93
JayM: //And it fails

Jnezdie dances away and kicks at the Melee Bandit B to push him back.
Melee C moves in as well- The hell are those melee bandits triplets? He also attacks Jnezdie! [Trick Attack]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 95 for a total of 95
Gavriel snorts, derisively.
JayM: Whiff, equally
Jnezdie doesn't move from his spot and hops on his other leg, kicking C away as well. He angles his kicking leg high in the air.
Jack: "Ha ha! Well, he did ask, didn't he?"
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Argent [F]:0 Ranged Bandit B [B]:1 Jack [B]:9 Gavriel [B]:16 Ranged Bandit A [B]:17 Melee Bandit A [F]:26 Melee Bandit B [F]:27 Melee Bandit C [F]:27
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie: "Okay. I'll show you somethin'."// He draws his katana, holding it at the same angle as his leg. He -slams- his foot on the ground and thrusts the katana into the ground, just past his toe. With a mighty grunt he pulls it to the side
the ground moves, the earth quakes, and a large fissure opens up between the two fighting parties! In the distance, the sound of rushing water… [CT 6]
JayM: //Argent!

Jack‘ leans forward in his seat, watching intently.
Gavriel raises his eyebrow. //"…hm."
Argent whirls her staff above her head, leaping to the side of the fissure as she strikes at Melee Bandit B’s head…
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 69 for a total of 69
JayM: //Hits!

Argent rolled 1d12+110 and got 3 for a total of 113
JayM: [113]! Another, perhaps
Ranged B then fires off his Charge at Jnezdie!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 86 for a total of 86
JayM rolled 2d8+56 and got 3, 1 for a total of 60
JayM: 60 Physical Ranged Piercing damage!
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie hefts his katana across his shoulders and points a single finger at Melee Bandits A, B, and C. [Samakah Cataract, 39D] [45 CoS]
Jnezdie rolled 3d100 and got 24, 4, 98 for a total of 126
Jnezdie: "Too late now."// He grins, and a rush of water collapses in from behind the front row— it pushes Melee Bandits A and B into the fissure!
The fissure groans shut with a howl of the earth! [Eject]
The bandits really take a step back now, that was really not nice!
JayM: //Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Gavriel [B]:7 Ranged Bandit A [B]:8 Melee Bandit A [F]:17 Melee Bandit B [F]:18 Melee Bandit C [F]:18 Ranged Bandit B [B]:33 Argent [F]:35 Jnezdie [F]:36

JayM: Jack!
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Gavriel [B]:7 Ranged Bandit A [B]:8 Melee Bandit C [F]:18 Ranged Bandit B [B]:33 Argent [F]:35 Jnezdie [F]:36
JayM: Derp
Jack: "…Bwaaaahaha! I love it! Another beautiful angelic! I tremble in anticipation for what Mr. Gavriel has in store for us! For now, though -"// Jack returns to normal playing, and so comes the song of life! [35D]
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+65 and got 8, 5 for a total of 78
JayM: //Healing!

JayM: Gavriel!
Jnezdie: "Heheh. I’m lookin' forward to it."
Gavriel inhales, sharply, tilting his head to stare at Jnezdie for a moment. How on earth… He closes his eye, and starts fiddling with his cannon. No sense in getting distracted… he aims at Bandit A. //"…shouldn't have crossed us." And then… trigger, and a blinding-white blast of energy shoots out to strike Bandit A squarely! [MAGNA BUSTER Assault C100]
Gavriel rolled d8+324,125% and got 4 for a total of 410.0
Argent: "…wouldn't you save those for something more threatening than bandits?"
Argent is putting one hand over her eyes to keep her vision intact.
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 61 for a total of 61
[OOC] Gavriel: No status!
Ranged Bandit A is hit, and the beam of light extends farther and then he isn't anywhere to be seen, although the silent path the beam carved on the trees shows where what is left of him has headed
JayM: //[KO]

[OOC] Gavriel: 35D
Jnezdie: "That's one way to write 'Gavriel Was Here' on a tree trunk."
The sheer backlash of the strike leaves the entirety of Gavriel's body shaking
Gavriel frowns. //"…one rule, Argent. Strike first-" -he looks like he's going to suggest to the other bandits that they run, but the backlash hits him, all of a sudden, and he loses focus.
Jack‘ narrows his eyes slightly. "What a blast! The anciest, truely, had an appreciation for the overdramatic!"
Melee Bandit C is definitely… Scared now! And decides that making that guy hit less often is good, and tosses sand at his eyes while he is stunned!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 8 for a total of 8
JayM: //Gavriel is Blind(4)!

Argent glares at Melee C. //"…you realize that that strategy’s better for when you already have the upper hand, right?"
Ranged Bandit B then decides to use his best move against Gavriel [Kite Eye Shot - CT20]
JayM: //Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Argent [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:1 Gavriel [B]:7 Melee Bandit C [F]:14 Ranged Bandit B [B]:18

JayM: Jack!
The poor-looking human fellow is shaking! //"S-shut up!"
Jack‘ shakes his head. "No point in contiuning the tune at the moment!" [Wait] [15D]
JayM: //Argent?

Argent: "Especially since, now outnumbered, more unpleasant things can happen."// Punctuated with a staff thrust to Bandit C’s gut, at that.
Argent: //[Attack, 44D]

Argent rolled 1d100 and got 19 for a total of 19
JayM: Hit!
Argent rolled 1d12+110 and got 10 for a total of 120
JayM: [120]!
JayM: Another hit, and he's a goner!
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie dashes around Argent as Melee Bandit C reels from the blow, and cuts against his stagger- a dark hue follows his sword! [Soul Eater, 38D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 94 for a total of 94
Jnezdie misses!
JayM: Eat that
JayM: Gavriel! Recovers!
Melee Bandit C then decides to keep trying to take Gavriel down! [Trick Attack]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 8 for a total of 8
Gavriel shakes himself - and reaches up to rub at his eye with the back of his paw. //"…damn it…"
JayM rolled 1d6+32 and got 3 for a total of 35
JayM: //26 Physical Melee damage!

He immediately hides behind the gunner. Provoke(1) towards the gunner!
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Ranged Bandit B [B]:3 Jnezdie [F]:24 Melee Bandit C [F]:27 Argent [F]:29 Gavriel [B]:32
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ resumes placing once more, to heal Jnezdie’s wounds! [35D]
Gavriel growls. //"Hiding behind like that… what kind of…"
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+65 and got 2, 5 for a total of 72
JayM: //Healz!

Jnezdie: "How low can you get."// He shakes his head. "At least die on your feet."
The Nu’Mou with the rifle growls at his friend hiding behind him but won't stop his move [Kite Eye Shot]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 76 for a total of 76
JayM rolled 1d8+120 and got 5 for a total of 125
JayM got a total of 201
JayM: //Hits for 125 Physical Ranged Piercing damage!

JayM: Gavriel, really
JayM: Jnezdie!
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Melee Bandit C [F]:3 Argent [F]:5 Gavriel [B]:8 Jack [B]:11 Ranged Bandit B [B]:24
Jnezdie: "Right, once more."// He darkly strikes at Melee Bandit C again! [Soul Eater, 38D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 80 for a total of 80
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 350/475, MP: 85/85, LP: 100/100, SoS: 118 - Voke: Gunner (1),Blind (3)
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+176 and got 2 for a total of 178
JayM: //And the strike hits hard, almost hard enough to slice him in two, but not really enough. He's still down for the count [KO]

JayM: Argent!
Argent smirks, before turning to the Nu Mou and seeming to be chanting something, almost in whispers…[Artcall, CT10]
JayM: Gavriel!
You hear a light rumbling in the clouds above
Jack: "Ho ho, what's this, then?"
Jack: "Another first observed in person for me soon, I think!"
Gavriel takes the hit, growling, training his own weapon on the gunner in return. //"Rrrh…" [Attack D40] A blinding flash of light, although it's only one projectile, this time!
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 93 for a total of 93
And it goes wide!
Jnezdie: "We're just full of surprises."
As Gavriel's shot misses, he appends: "Doin' okay?"
JayM: //The thinner projectile misses widely

Gavriel: "…sand in my eye. Cheap shot."
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ continues playing the song of life, now that people are starting to take on wounds! Silly wounds, you can’t hide from music. [35D]
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+65 and got 4, 8 for a total of 77
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Ranged Bandit B [B]:9 Jnezdie [F]:23 Jack [B]:31 Gavriel [B]:33
JayM: Argent!
Gavriel: "Thank you."
[OOC] Jnezdie: oh right I need to be 5 faster in the inits- speed sash, unless it’s too late
Argent then closes her eyes as the chanting stops…[Artcall, 35D]
Jack: "Think nothing of it."
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 82 for a total of 82
Argent rolled 1d6+32 and got 3 for a total of 35
Jack‘ cants his his to the side.
Coursing through everything, as if unfazed by the existance of the terrain around, a thin red needle of energy comes from the east, pierces through the Ranged Bandit and continues into the infinite to the west
Argent: "Seems like you got lucky."
Jack: "Mysterious!"
Jnezdie tracks the beam as it screams from the east to the west…he low whistles.
The bandit growls as he hastly changes bullets to a crimson-colored one //"I COULD have been a farmer with mom, but noo… Let’s have an adventure…" [Boost]
JayM: //Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Ranged Bandit B [B]:12 Jack [B]:13 Gavriel [B]:15 Argent [F]:17

JayM: Jnezdie!
Gavriel: "…it's not too late to run away."
Nu'Mou: "From you, perhaps. Definitely is from boss, though"
Jack‘ scoffs.. //"A-adventure?! My man, when was the last time you picked up a novel?! Adventurers to not do banditry!!"
Jnezdie: "Oh, you know this beats shoveling shit any day."
He charges at Ranged Bandit B, slashing downward with a dark strike. [Soul Eater, 38D]
The Nu’Mou finally finishes adjusting and takes aim at Gavriel "I'd rather this end now than at his hands"
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 69 for a total of 69
JayM: //Strike! Hit!

Jnezdie rolled 1d10+176 and got 10 for a total of 186
Argent: "The problem with banditry, really. You run into people too strong for you to handle."
JayM: [186]
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 241/475, MP: 85/85, LP: 100/100, SoS: 118 - Blind (2)
He quickly blocks the blow with his rifle, absorbing a bit of the hit but keeping up, then he turns at Jack //"Not every novel gets published, yeah?" [Attack]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 84 for a total of 84
JayM rolled 1d8+48,200% and got 6 for a total of 108.0
JayM got a total of 192.0
JayM: //108 Physical Ranged Piercing damage!

JayM: Jack!
Gavriel braces himself, gritting something inaudible out.
JayM: That was at Jack-
JayM: Sorry not making it clear
Jack: "Gaaaaahaha! No, the good ones never do!"// Jack rolls onto his feet, then slaps a foot on the ground as he begins to strum harder. [35D]
[OOC] Gavriel: Yeah I was reacting to earlier since I was momentaruly AFK
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+65 and got 3, 6 for a total of 74
JayM: //Healz!

JayM: Gavriel, end this battle, would you?
[OOC] Gavriel: inits plz
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Argent [F]:2 Jnezdie [F]:23 Jack [B]:33 Ranged Bandit B [B]:38
JayM: I was hoping not having to calculate them, actually >_>
Argent: "Honestly, you going into banditry was probablly your first mistake."
Gavriel takes a moment to howl again, striking fear into the bandit’s heart. [D20]
This is the first time that you notice that Varg and Nu'Mou have probably some common ancestor, because this one's pissed at life and growls back, aiming at Gavriel
JayM: Argent!
Argent: "Though if you wish to go out desperately, I can grant that…"
Argent: …and another staffwhack.
Argent: [Attack, 44D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 56 for a total of 56
Argent rolled 1d12+110 and got 7 for a total of 117
The staff strikes directly upside his head, sending him sprawling face-first at your feet [KO]
Sarah turns around, still asleep
JayM: Victory!
JayM: [10 AP~
JayM: For sensing the danger: +2 AP/+80 XP]
Jack‘ quickly picks out a fast fanfare as the last bandit hits the ground.
JayM rolled 3d100 and got 49, 32, 34 for a total of 115
Gavriel lets himself relax. And Sarah didn’t even wake up. Good.
Argent scavenges among those who hadn't been swallowed up.
JayM: Two Tonics are found on this Nu'Mou
JayM: Seems like the place's clear, and you got bandits scattered and disabled all over the place
JayM: Including BELOW you but that's not something that you can solve
Jnezdie twirls his katana in a circle and slings it across his back…oh wait the sheath isn't back there. He sheathes his weapon and returns to the log he was resting against.
Argent reslings her staff across her back, before returning to grab the spice herb, vegetables, and rabite
Jack‘ however swings his lute around to his back, then goes about rolling the bandits out of the camp zone.
Jnezdie: "Hmm…did one of them say soemthing about a boss?"
Argent: "Yeah. Unpleasant bastard, most likely."
JayM: Clean as new!
Jack: (Someone’s got to take care of scene change prepwork!)
Gavriel looks off into the distance, frowning, hefting the hand cannon onto his shoulder. //"Bandits always have bosses. And they're always vile little…"
Jnezdie puts his hands behind his head and 'hmms' again.
The rest of the time that Sarah is asleep goes along just peachy, she seems completely rested up, or as rested as she can be, despite the fact that this'd be nothing but a short nape for any of you. Then it's time to eat something, and Sarah will chow down on a lot if you let her, in fact she is likely to chow down every last bit of your travelling supplies if let, but she's conscious
JayM: //enough to eat just her portion, and compliments it by having some of her medicine, a single glowing white pill //"You know, I had a weird dream"
Sarah: ""
That I was in a musical, and it was about heroes fighting bandits""
Argent gets to the cooking and whatnot. Unfortunately…Argent's cooking is more comparable to food preparation than genuine cooking. The spice herb is sadly wasted! D:!
Jack: "That sounds perfectly normal to me."
Sarah smiles at Jack "I guess!…" she stretches and falls backwards "Uwaaahh… Hum… Ready to go?"
Argent: "Gav? If I randomly start bursting out in song, please shoot me."
Gavriel pads over, wordlessly, to help Argent, give a few pointers. Seems he's got a lot of experience with this sort of thing?
Jack: "I believe we are, if the fair maiden is!"
Jnezdie laughs, and then redoubles the laugh at Sarah's tumble. He gets up and trundles over, giving her a hand up.
Sarah stands up "Very well, then. Let's go!" she says, pointing onwards
Gavriel gives Argent a Look, and… chuckles, a little. "I'll keep that in mind."
Jack: "Right-o! The curtain rises once again!"
Jnezdie nibbles at some of the cooked rabite as they begin to walk. "'s good eats after a fight."
Argent does take the pointers in how not to waste the spice herb, at least.
The travel onwards, however, is interrupted no more than a few Waves into it when you run into something else. Definitely more work of bandits, sadly, this time their prey weren't as powerful as you are, here you find five people, a Varg that looks pretty battered and worse for the wear and a small family of Seafarers. You gotta admit that the kid's Waterbinder Armor, heavy as they are,
JayM: //actually look pretty cute. The little girl's even painted pink hearts on her's shoulders

JayM: The group is, right now, caring for the Varg's wounds
Argent: "…Oi."// Argent nods to the group of people. "bandit troubles?"
Jnezdie waves from far off alongside Argent's call.
Jack‘ raises a large hand into the air and waves good naturedly as well.
The group looks at you, the Varg looks pretty distraught, not liking to be see in such a sore state, the father waves at the party as they approach "Pretty much. Took all of our goods and beat foot"
Argent: "Hm…"
Jnezdie: "Ouch. Where you headed? We might be goin’ the same way."
Jnezdie: "And, well, even if we're not…"
Argent looks like she's got a bit of an expression of disgust herself. "Dealt with a few ourselves."
Jnezdie: "Not gonna just leave without tending some aid of -some- kind."
Father: "Down this road, to Rosvales. We WERE going to sell our goods there, mind, guess we're just going there since it's the closest home base we got"
JayM: //That, coincidentally, is the same place you're going

Argent: "Which general direction did you see them head off in?"
Jnezdie: "Feel the prevailing wind? It blows for both of us."
Gavriel glances in their direction- acknowledges the Varg with a nod, and looks away. //"The road is infested." It wasn't like this, where he patrolled… when he patrolled… ngh. He glances up, at the mention of their destination, though. There's safety in numbers.
He points over to the west, there's a certain bit of damage to the woods in that direction
Argent nods, and then heads over to Sarah. "Hey, Sarah. How much margin for deviation do we have for this mission?"
The Varg nods at Gavriel- And then he notices a former garrison friend. Although it's weird seeing him without his custom-made walker suit. It's Santoro, nickname Red for always wearing and painting his stuff red, one of the top engineers of the garrison of this area (heck of the very frontlines). Why's he here?
Sarah: "A fair bit, I guess. I like helping people"
Red: "Oy, Gavriel. Fancy meeting you here. Wasn't as bad 'til some eighty Passes ago, most of the garrison got moved to the front lines"
Jnezdie: "Aw, you're not alone on that bit."
Gavriel tilts his head, glancing- he thought he recognised- "…Red? What're -you- doing he- ahh."
Jnezdie: "But…I mean…don't get me wrong, there's some justice to be served. But I don't like leavin' this group here while we bust some heads, nor do I like taking them with us into the maw of the beast."
Jnezdie: "You know what I'm sayin'?"
Argent: "Glad to hear. While I generally don't like interrupting a job I'm on, I feel that this needs to be directly addressed, preferably sooner than later…"
she glares down the damaged wood
Red waves dismissively "Personal business, actually, met up those pals on the road. Was on my way to meet a friend, Chocolat- Not really her name but, she likes it"
Sarah perks up at hearing that, then loks at Jnezdie "I can stay with them" she says smiling "I'll help patch up Red, I know bardsong, remember?"
Sarah: "Don't worry, i'm sure that the bandits are pretty gone, and you're powerful, you'll be back in no time!"
Jnezdie: "Leavin' our client behind too?! Sarah, man!"
Argent: "Sarah said she's okay with it."
Sarah waves dismissively "It's alright! Plus, I need to have a private chat with him, anyway. Chocolat's my sister!"
Jnezdie: "Aw, I know. 's why I'm givin' her guff."
Red's reaction to that is impossible to describe or ascertain- But that certainly interested him in some way
Gavriel nods, waves off any further explanation. And… he frowns, towards Sarah. "…is th-" -whatever he was about to say, he cuts it off. He glances into the woods. "We'll stop them."
Argent: "…huh. Well then."
Argent blinks for a second, before nodding and re-approaching the family. "Don't worry about the goods. Now come on, everyone." …and heading down the busted-up woods.
Jnezdie nods. "Yup. You don't -have- to cheer each time you hear one of them cry out for their mommas- but if it makes you feel better, go nuts."
JayM: //And off after them, the party will go! Huntsman [TN 5] Normal Skill Check!

Jnezdie is on the trail! (Quickly too, since Sarah isn't there to slow them down.) [Aptitude: Wilderness]
Gavriel keeps an eye out, scouting the trails. Garrison work is garrison work… [Aptitude: Wilderness]
Argent seems to have some sort of weird natural aptitude for this sort of thing. One may wonder why…[Lucky:Wilderness]
Jack‘ rolled 2#d8+1(1) and got 1 for a total of 2
Jack` rolled 2#d8+1(2) and got 2 for a total of 3
Jack` rolled 4#d8(1) and got 3 for a total of 3
Jack` rolled 4#d8(2) and got 1 for a total of 1
Jack` rolled 4#d8(3) and got 8 for a total of 8
Jack` rolled 4#d8(4) and got 1 for a total of 1
Jack` got a total of 18
JayM: [1/4]
JayM: Er
JayM: [1/3]
Gavriel has tracked people down under the first situations… [Reliable: Wilderness]
[OOC] Gavriel: * worst wtf
Argent seems to have some training herself, even if instinct doesn’t always work best. [Jack of All Trades]
Jack‘ rolled d6+1 and got 5 for a total of 6
Jack` rolled d10 and got 3 for a total of 3
Jack` got a total of 9
Jnezdie knows a -little- about tracking tracks… [Jack of All Trades]
JayM: That’s [2/3]
Jack‘ rolled d6+1 and got 4 for a total of 5
Jack: "Ah, how good of us to bumb about in the woods, to ensure the fair maiden’s mysterty maintains!"
[OOC] Jack: bumble^
Argent: "This isn't 'bumbling', Jack."// Argent growls out at the Yeti
Jnezdie: "I agree…it's more like gallavantly loping."
Jack: "Touche!"
Argent glares as she keeps forward
It's a very difficult track to follow, despite the fact they were bringing about a heavy load, they hid their passing tracks well. Thankfully, it's still enough to follow them to a lake
Gavriel rumbles out a chuckle. "There's a method to this madness. Look." He points into the distance with a claw, where some plants were trampled.
It's a pretty large lake, shaped like an S. The tracks lead to the edge of the lake and… Disappears! As if they walked INTO the water
Jack: "But of course, it wouldn't do well to lose the trail entirely after we've set out."
JayM: //[+3 AP/+100 XP]

Argent pokes in the water where the tracks seem to disappear
Jnezdie: "An afternoon swim? Don't mind if I do."
Jack: "So it would seem!"
After a few moments, then the party notices a machine, quietly chugging and letting out a puff of smoke now and then. It's like a sort of engine-like contraption, and it has tubes atteched to it, and they go down the lake, and are open here outside
Jack: "Hrrrmrmrmrmrmmm."
Gavriel pads over to it. Any mechanism he recognises?
Argent: "…cute. Should we just break it or go down and check?"
JayM: Yes, actually. It's like a water pump, except it seems to be pumping air
Gavriel: "Don't break something until you know what it does."// However… "…air circulator. Don't suppose anyone has any knockout gas handy."
Argent: "None here."
Jnezdie: "After some of that rabite meat…"
He pauses. "Nah, got nothin'."
Argent: "…charming."
Argent adds sarcastically.
Gavriel: "A shame, that. Could solve this without a…"
-he trails off, staring coolly at Jnezdie, and shakes his head from side to side.
Jack‘ turns his palms to the sky with a shrug.
Jnezdie: "Let’s just follow the tubes then, smash up whatever we find."
He shrugs off the cool looks and snide comments.
Argent: "Juvenile humor aside, let's head down. They've probably got a cave down there."
JayM: //That'll be somewhat difficult as it goes kind of deep, but… Swimming [TN 5]

Jack: "A daring descent down the - tube. Might as well!"
JayM: You're likely to make it, one way or another, wether you'll be in cindition depends on that check
Jack‘ frowns. //"Ah! Depts. This is easier when I’ve parchment to write upon."
Argent seems to be more than in normal condition…
Argent: //x2

Jnezdie dives right in! [Trick: Physical] [Double or NOthing: Physical]
Gavriel dives in, after everyone else. He's a Varg, he's naturally good at this sort of thing. [Aptitude: Physical]
Jack: DoN on the first roll:
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+1 and got 6, 6 for a total of 13
Jack` rolled d10 and got 1 for a total of 1
Jack` rolled 3#d8(1) and got 8 for a total of 8
Jack` rolled 3#d8(2) and got 4 for a total of 4
Jack` rolled 3#d8(3) and got 8 for a total of 8
Jack` got a total of 34
JayM: -
JayM: Halt!
JayM: Danger Sense [TN 6]!
Jack: ?!
Jnezdie goes
Jnezdie goes //"!!" [Aptitude: Wilderness]
! [Aptitude: Wilderness]
Argent: //There’s a bit of luck in being in the right place at the right time. [Lucky:Wilderness]

Jack‘ rolled 2#d8+1(1) and got 1 for a total of 2
Jack` rolled 2#d8+1(2) and got 7 for a total of 8
Jack` rolled 4d8 and got 7, 8, 4, 4 for a total of 23
Jack` got a total of 33
!! [Reliable: Wilderness]
JayM: You already passed, bro
[OOC] Gavriel: Oh derp
Water is the element of life, even if not dwelling in it, all life is native to it. And you have proven it by showing that no matter what load you carry, treading water is easy and so also is your strong breath. You come out in a cave opening, an underwater pocket of air. Gavriel, however, cautious as ever stops still when he puts a hand on the ground to go back to dry land- Traces of a
JayM: trap trigger! Argent, lucky as always, doesn’t notices it, but accidentally kicks the triggering plate in exactly the only way it was not designed to move, bending it and disabling it
JayM: Trap averted!
JayM: Further onwards, you find a makeshift turret made of an auto-reloading crossbow-
JayM: Harmless foe! Combat considered won before it started, you do get drops and XP
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 89 for a total of 89
JayM: Sadly, the turret holds nothing of interest, or even usable, in it's innards :(
Jack‘ empties his lute after climbing out, and after looking around he begins to laugh gruffly.
JayM: [+3 AP/+100 XP], [+4 AP/+125 XP], [+3 AP]
Gavriel: "…hah. Cheap sons of…"
Jnezdie: "(Hah, what luck!)"
Argent: "Well, given what they had to take it through."
Argent: "Or they were just on harder times then."
JayM: Ahead of you lies what might be a residence full of bandits! They are clearly not your everyday random robbers because even though every teen worth his cycles gets out of school knowing how to jury-rig an engine like the one up there, having the manpower and knowhow to actually strengthen an undeground cave like this one with metal and wood to avoid natural collapsing is something else
JayM: entirely
JayM: Because that is what it has
Jack` nods seriously to Jnezdie. //"Heroes make their luck!"
JayM: //How are you going on about this?

Argent would be fine with just brute-forcing her way through, but stealth is probably a better option in this case…
JayM: The cave stretches onwards, you can see the faint outline of it splitting ahead but you’re much too far to know much about it
Jack: "Well then my friends, how best to approach the problem? Do we take to the shadows and catch them unawares as they often do to travelers, or do we gallently charge forth and loudly announce our cause before righting the wrongs?"
Jnezdie: "Let's shock 'em."
Jnezdie: "Fireworks 'n all. Oughta frazzle their minds!"
Argent: "We don't know their numbers. I'm all for kicking as many of their asses as possible, but the second even one of them could call in help we'd be mired and trapped."
Jnezdie: "We're in an underwater base that we -really- had to swim to get to."
Jnezdie: "We're -kind of- trapped as it is."
Jack‘ gently tests his lute strings with a finger, turning to Gavriel.
Argent: "Exactly my point, though. Better they don’t know if possible. This is probably a big operation if they can set up a cave like this."
Gavriel: "…we should be the ones trapping them here, rather than the ones trapped."
Jnezdie shrugs. //"I'm lookin' for a tiebreaker at this point."
Jack: "Seems you've been out voted today, my friend!"
Turning back towards Jnezdie, as he slips a bit of fabvric through his strings to keep the quiet.
Jnezdie: "Alright, takin' it quietlike."
JayM: //Good!

Argent: Time for sneaking
JayM: Stealth [TN 6] and you can navigate this area without being detected
Jnezdie holds a hand on the hilt of his katana, keeping it steady as he advances. [No Reels]
JayM: Should combat occur you'll also know how to keep it contained and not attract much attention
Argent seems to have figured out a thing or two for this in her lifetime… [Trick:Scoundrel]
Gavriel is good at this part, and he'll give directions where needed. [Finesse] [Lucky] [Trick] [Weighted Results]
Jack‘ is with Jnezdie and hangs to the back! Well, he’s not making things worse at least.
Jack‘ rolled d12 and got 1 for a total of 1
Jack` rolled 2#2d8(1) and got 3, 1 for a total of 4
Jack` rolled 2#2d8(2) and got 1, 2 for a total of 3
Jack` rolled 2#d8(1) and got 6 for a total of 6
Jack` rolled 2#d8(2) and got 1 for a total of 1
Jack` rolled d6 and got 3 for a total of 3
Jack` got a total of 18
JayM: [1/3] what’s up with the party this time?
Gavriel snorts. That's not the way to go about things at all! [DO OVER :|]
Jack‘ rolled d12 and got 8 for a total of 8
Jack` rolled 2#2d8(1) and got 1, 5 for a total of 6
Jack` rolled 2#2d8(2) and got 5, 7 for a total of 12
Jack` rolled 2#d8(1) and got 4 for a total of 4
Jack` rolled 2#d8(2) and got 1 for a total of 1
Jack` rolled d6 and got 6 for a total of 6
Jack` got a total of 37
JayM: It takes a bit of watching the way people go about their lives in here, and three times you’re almost spotted, but you figure out how to move about undetected!
Argent: "Damnit, Jnezdie, do something about your boots. They're squishing everywhere."
Jnezdie: "(Can't help it, they're steppin' in all the puddles you keep leaving behind.)"
Argent: "(Like hell it's me. I tied down all my clothing before I went diving.)"
Jack: "(Hmm, this is harder than it looks, isn't it?)"
Jnezdie: "(Tied down flat, yeah.)"
Gavriel: "('s your first time, don't worry about it. Just… follow me, and keep calm.)"
Jack: "(Right-o!)"
Argent: "(Like I give a damn about what you think of my appearance.)"
JayM: The first hallway connects to a pair of bedroom areas, there's five bandits in the area to the left and five in the area to the right, the bedrooms are really pretty boring, spartan beds and all that. Then the corridor once again splits in two rooms, the one to the right is a… Kitchen! There's three bandits merrily eating there and one cooking, it's a rather fat Qu cook that, you guess,
JayM: is more hereto cook than to bandit. To the left is a type of storeroom for treasure, it has… A lot of stuff, most of which is useless to a travelling party like finery and jewlery that sells for little, but there are also things that surprise you, like certain illegal magicite (mind-numbing ones at that, mage drugs!), forged documents of land ownership
Jack: "(Now, now. Lets save the arguing for when there can be proper stage shouting!)"
Argent rolls her eyes
Gavriel: "(…hn.)"
Jnezdie readies a reply, smirks and sits on it.
Argent: "(…General anything-that-could-be-sold, huh.)"
JayM: And there are the final two rooms, one of them has a large spherical vehicle! It's held above a pool of water by a crane. The other has a closed door but… It sounds like someone there is hoping to get his passions on, if you get me. And looking through the tiny window, you can see a pair of creimire, and just one bed. Clearly the leader's
Jack‘ scratches at his chin as they flit about in the shadows on their recon.
JayM: (that creimire woman… She has faintly glowing sky-blue tatoos on her body, spread almost like an elvaan’s- although those with medical knowledge might be able to related those to her blood vessels, actually)
Jack: "(…And then some! Hah!)"
Jnezdie: "(And the tension between us grows. Bed's taken, though, better luck next time.)"
Gavriel looks… uncomfortable, for a moment, sneaking through the base.
Jack‘ pauses for a moment, then grins incredibly wide.
JayM: What now
[OOC] Jnezdie: we wait until RIGHT BEFORE—
[OOC] Jnezdie: *cough*
[OOC] Jnezdie: let’s take down the leader
JayM: Ice you want to attempt the fabled pantsless general maneuver?
JayM: It's a guy this time, though :(
Argent: "(Let's just break in now.)"
[OOC] Jack: god that's always good for a few laughs
Gavriel glances at Jack, stone-faced.
Jack: "(Hmhmhm! It's not often you get to literally catch the villian with his pants down! How delightful.)"
JayM: Well, they're kissing now, it's likely that you'll get him with his pants down if you wait just a few seconds
Jnezdie grins widely as well.
JayM: Seems like a plan
After a few moments, the Creimires are starting to get down to it, and she moves in to first unbuckle his pants- Which, after they're thoroughly removed is when I believe the party jumps in, to surprise the couple!
Argent: …at which point Argent pretty much just bashes the door in
Jack‘ cants his head ot the side at Gavriel as they wait - but the door is kicked in in short order!
The girl yips and jumps back, surprised, and the boss bandit yells in surprise, jumping back //"Who the HELL are you?! Couldn’t you have chosen a WORSE time to show up?!"
Jnezdie charges in after, drawing his katana!
Argent: "Alright, show's over."
Jnezdie: "Nah. We -waited- for this one."
Argent: "And you should be giving me reasons why I shouldn't be killing you right now."
Jack: "It would seem as if we've caught you with your pants down, tis true you fiending fellon!"
He makes a quick movement with his tails, and up goes a pair of chakrams, and he holds a third with his tail "Oh, Ultima's name, GUYS SOME HELP HERE!"
JayM: //Battle is about to begin!

Jnezdie: "Why you talking to him, I thought we were just gonna bust him up?"
Jnezdie: "I mean, granted, I'm still kind of chuckling at the situation."
Jnezdie: "So I was gonna let you handle it."
JayM: Leland has his pants down and really embarassed! Auto-Curse!
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Leland [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:2 Jnezdie [F]:6 Argent [F]:7
JayM: Jack!
Argent: "I was distracted by thoroughly unpleasant imagery."
Jack: "Come now, we banter as we battle! Have at you! The scene laid in wait enough as is! I'll strike up the dancing music so we can beign properly!"// [Life Song] [35D]
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+65 and got 9, 10 for a total of 84
Jack` (~ten.ssenisubtsacmoc.cfh.abfs-09-011-761-371|eelycecI#ten.ssenisubtsacmoc.cfh.abfs-09-011-761-371|eelycecI) Quit
Leland goes Argh and lowers his chakrams "Goddamit…" [Defend]
Gavriel aims his cannon directly at the boss’s… well, maybe compensation issues will make it hard for him to fight, you never know. He stands, blocking the doorway, and snarls at the Creimire. [Forgotten Howl D20]
JayM: //Gavriel!

JayM: The Creimire flinches but doesn't looses stance!
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie: "Word to the wise, may want to tuck it back."// He dashes to Leland and strikes with a dark arc! [Soul Eater, 38D]
JayM: //Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Argent [F]:1 Gavriel [B]:16 Leland [F]:16 Jack [B]:29

Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 87 for a total of 87
Jnezdie misses!
JayM: And a miss!
JayM: Argent!
Argent waits—presumably to refocus herself. Or just wait for an opening in Leland's defenses. [Wait, 20D]
JayM: Gavriel!
[OOC] Argent: HP: 515/515, MP: 75/75, SoS: 128
[OOC] Argent: Er
[OOC] Argent: HP: 515/515, MP: 75/75, LP:30/100 SoS: 128
Gavriel smirks, and lines up an armor-piercing shot, not… that there's any armour to pierce. [Sneak Attack C100 D40]
JayM: Obviously hits!
Gavriel rolled d8+108 and got 7 for a total of 115
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 85 for a total of 85
Gavriel got a total of 200
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 75 for a total of 75
He's hit, blocking with both chakrams in his hands, and immediately ripostes by throwing the one he holds with his tail, directly at Gavriel's support hand!
[OOC] Gavriel: Shit that was actually 125% damage
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 ) **
JayM rolled 1d6+46 and got 5 for a total of 51
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 28 for a total of 28
JayM got a total of 79
JayM: 51 Physical Ranged damage and Debrave(3)!
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 348/475, MP: 85/85, LP: 100/100, SoS: 118 - Debrave (3),Acc Up (1)
Leland then growls and shouts //"SOMEONE! NOW!" [Alarm]
JayM: //Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jack [B]:8 Jnezdie [F]:17 Leland [F]:23 Melee Bandit A [F]:25 Melee Bandit B [F]:25 Gavriel [B]:35

A pair of bandits run into the room! They wield blades!
JayM: Argent!
Jack: "Ahah! A proper brawl! Fantastic!"
Argent takes that time to aim a polewhack at Leland's head! Right when he's distracted yelling, that is.
Jnezdie: "Yeah, I bet you two have some frustration to work off. You were just around the corner listening, weren't you."
Argent: [Attack, 44D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 29 ( Total: 29 ) for 80
Argent rolled 1d12+110 and got 3 for a total of 113
That female Creimire is apparently cowering in the corner, although Gavriel's acute battle senses tell him that she's far from afraid, like a warrior that deems it unworthy to join a fray, specially the way she's standing near a table that may or may not have a weapon
JayM: Pow!
MeleeA: "S-shut up, will you!?"
Leland looks at the moogle //"Why you half-shadow, were you?"
Gavriel peers in her direction - scans the table. If there's anything there… he'll reach out and grab it!
JayM: //[113]!

Jack‘ renews the party to top fighting for in preperation for the new comers! //"Gahahah! The proper retort there, my foe, was ’so were you!' Are all the bandits around here do bad at banter?!" [35D]
JayM: //Wait for your action!

JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+65 and got 9, 7 for a total of 81
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie nods to Melee Bandit B. //"Well, at least -you’re- honest."
Argent: "They're bandits, not thespians, Jack."
The moogle is clearly flustered "S-someone has to!"
Jnezdie grabs at a different katana, one in wraps- a red sheath, red braid. He holds it high, and the blade turns to energy! The energy strikes across the enemy ranks! [Asura, 29D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+60 and got 5 for a total of 65
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 82 for a total of 82
Jnezdie got a total of 147
Jack: "Pshaw! One would thing lugs that lay about all the time would have plenty of prime retorts!"
JayM: //Strike! All over, there is damage!

Jnezdie 's katana resumes its previous shape, and he sheathes and packs it away.
JayM: [65] is spread!
Argent: "You forget that they tend to spend it sleeping around or getting drunk."
Jack: "Ah! Another local specialty from home! Marvelous!"
Jnezdie: "Well, obviously not these two."
Jack: "…Hmmm…"// Jack considers this and frowns, but shakes it off quickly.
Leland then decides to keep up the pressure on the healer! [Attack]
Argent: "The hell was that?"
Argent quirks an eyebrow
Gavriel: "…you're just full of surprises, aren't you?"
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 65 ( Total: 65 )
Jnezdie: "Got a million of 'em."
JayM rolled 1d6+46 and got 4 ( Total: 50.0 )
JayM: //50 Ranged Physical damage to Jack!

Jnezdie: "It's like slashing a guy without moving."
Jack: "Oof!"
Jnezdie: "…sometimes I can't get the swords to take their form back, though."
Jnezdie: "(-That's- always embarassing.)"
Melee A decides to go for the frontliner that attacked the boss at the start! [Trick Attack]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 58 ( Total: 58 )
Jack: "Gahaha!"
JayM rolled 1d6+32 and got 5 ( Total: 37.0 )
JayM: And he maneuvers her attention over to Melee B!
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 39 ( Total: 39 ) for 50
JayM: Argent is Provoke(1) on Melee B, btw, and the counter hits!
Argent: [Counter!] Argent does manage to kick Melee A in the face, however
Argent: Really damn hard, at that
Argent rolled 1d12+110 and got 3 for a total of 113
JayM: Pow!
The moogle, Melee B, sets his blade in front of him in a defensive stance [Defend]
JayM: [113] btw
JayM: Gavriel!
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Leland [F]:6 Jack [B]:8 Argent [F]:9 Jnezdie [F]:11 Melee Bandit B [F]:17 Melee Bandit A [F]:18
[OOC] Argent: HP: 476/515, MP: 75/75, LP:40/100 SoS: 128
Gavriel plods over to the table - and to the other Creimire, don't think he's not got his eyes out - and snatches up whatever weapon she was eyeing lustfully! //"…stay out of this."
[OOC] Argent: er, HP: 476/515, MP: 75/75, LP:40/100 SoS: 128, Provoke[1]
JayM: //Trigger Skill Action: Thievery [TN 4]

JayM: Solo check!
Gavriel yoink! [Trick] [Weighted Results] [Lucky]
[OOC] JayM: That'd be, a 2d12(pick best), d6, d8, d8
Gavriel rolled d12 and got 4 for a total of 4
Gavriel rolled d6 and got 6 for a total of 6
Gavriel rolled 2d8 and got 8, 4 for a total of 12
Gavriel rolled d8 and got 6 for a total of 6
Gavriel got a total of 28
Gavriel walks over and tries to yoink it- And she expertly moves around, she is far from being a novice warrior! Somehow, Gavriel ends up with his hand down her skirt, although whatever his reaction might be he produces a whip! It is… A really, really beautiful T8 Whip. Suddenly, she flips over him, and lands behind him, a hand on his right shoulder, it's such a gentle touch, but Gavriel
JayM: knows she can probably disable his right arm if she wants right now //"(I'm on your side)" she whispers
JayM: //The whip seems to be made of a living rose bush, actually…

Jack‘ raises one eyebrow, then the other. //"A bold move indeed from our gruff ex-something or other man!"
Jnezdie slowly claps. "Honestly, I was getting worried about the man."
Argent: "Will you two just shut up already?"
Jnezdie: "Not after that move. No way."
Jack: "Heaven no! A fight in which the outcome is already known gets dull without ongoing banter, my dear!"
Gavriel blinks, keeping a stone face- he goes along with it, staggering, making it look like she disabled him, so as to not rouse the boss’s suspicions. (All the while, glaring at the others. This isn't what it looks like!)
Jack: "But - I wouldn't of guessed! The boldness of it - so unexpected! A note to be made for the production, to be certain!"
Leland is incredibly surprised! Still he takes again his defensive stance! [Defend]
Jnezdie: "I'll ask you in about a minute if you need help, Gav. Don't let 'er wrench your arm off."
He nods and turns his attention back to the bandits.
JayM: //Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Argent [F]:1 Jnezdie [F]:3 Melee Bandit B [F]:9 Melee Bandit A [F]:10 Leland [F]:20 Gavriel [B]:22

JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ continues playing - it’s not quite as loud as his voice but it's getting there. [35D]
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+65 and got 7, 6 for a total of 78
JayM: Healz!
Gavriel strangles out something that might, possibly, be a response. In Vargish. Or growling. You can’t be quite sure- hiding a whisper to the Creimire. //"(…I apologise for-)"
JayM: //Argent!

Argent is glaring at Melee Bandit B. There's just something about that moogle that's pissing her off…but she just smirks evilly. And starts whisper-chanting, again…[Artcall, CT10]
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie runs at Melee A and strikes downward with a wicked, dark slash! [Soul Eater, 38D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 70 for a total of 70
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+176 and got 8 for a total of 184
Melee A is thoroughly busted and is now face-down on the ground
The Moogle then isn't willing to get busted up, so takes another [Defend]
JayM: Argent!
Argent finishes her chant, hoping that the moogle had bothered to let down his guard. Too cowardly for such a thing, it seems. [Artcall activation, 35D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 88 ( Total: 88 ) for 50
A thin red beam once again shoots through the scenery (presumably from west) and pierces your target
JayM: Roll thta damage
Jack‘ goes to raise his eyebrows but their still high, and so he elects to waggle them. //"Through the cave! Viera certain do have a fascinating talent, don’t they?"
Argent notably had her ears covered via hat. "Just a trick I picked up somewhere. Never seen a Viera in my life."
JayM: //Either way it was a hit so

Jack: "Pfftahaha! None can call forth the divine light like a Viera can!"
Argent rolled 1d6+32 and got 4 for a total of 36
As soon as the hit trikes the bandit from behind, it spurs into action and he delivers a spiralling attack straight at Argent [Sparrow's Cry]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 88 ( Total: 88 )
JayM: Misses entirely, mind
JayM: Battle order: Leland [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:2 Jack [B]:15 Melee Bandit B [F]:16 Jnezdie [F]:21 Argent [F]:26
Argent sidesteps it. //"Yeah, no."
Jack: "Our bold gunner has the howl of the varg, the acrobatic can ocassionally double the intensity of his strikes, and I of course have traded my prowess with a weapon for a boost in magic!:
Jack: "Our Ultima has seen fit to make us unique!"
Leland then decides to help his underling and throws chakrams at her!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 46 ( Total: 46 )
JayM rolled 1d6+46 and got 3 ( Total: 49.0 )
JayM: //49 Physical Ranged Piercing damage!

[OOC] Argent: HP: 466/515, MP: 75/75, LP:50/100 SoS: 128
Argent: "Tch. Stop distracting me already."
Jack: "Gahahaha!"
Jnezdie: "Is it supposed to do that, or…"
As Gavriel's turn comes by…. The Creimire woman jumps, flipping over him and grabbing the whip //"Now, when they're in front of you!" she spins in the air and lands crouched "Limit Skill!" she extends forwards her whip, and it hits the wall, furniture and everything else stretching an incredible amount forming a giant web of rose thorns in the cave, it entangles all foes! "Black Widow
JayM: //Web!
"
JayM: All foes suffer 20% of max HP in damage every turn! Gavriel, just this once, you can hit all oponents regardless of which attaack you use
Jack: "I hear tell that when the coin if flipped to heads, it deals a rather powerful blow! I believe the lady would protest if we did not thing the coin had simply tossed tails twice!"
Argent: "…the hell?"
JayM: That, by all means, is not an Angelic
Jnezdie: "Oh man…"
Jack: "Hmhmhmhm!"
Jnezdie: "…that is -incredible-!"
Jack: "A combination command after copping a feel?! Amazing!"
Gavriel: "…what-"// He shakes his head, adjusting the settings on the cannon, following up on her attack! "Not even done yet, Jack!" [MAGNA BUSTER ASSAULT C90]
Gavriel rolled 2d100 and got 96, 37 ( Total: 133 )
Jack: "Clearly there's more to this player that first perceived!"
Jack nods his head towards Jnezdie as he speaks.
Jnezdie nods back to Jack. "When we get to Rosvales…" He nods, sagely.
Gavriel rolled d8+324 and got 3 for a total of 327
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 44 ( Total: 44 ) for 20 to Blind whatever I hit
[OOC] Gavriel: D40 if it lives, D35 if it dies
She suddenly lets go of the whip and flips backwards, landing on top of Gravriel's cannon "One of those?" she… Is she weightless? As the powerful cannon strike fires she draws a type of circular lens out of a pocket and puts it over the still-firing cannon, and the beam turns a violet black! Instead of normal damage, both foes are thrown against the back wall and seem to be crushed
JayM: //against it, both are brought down to 10% of current health!

The creimire then leaps back out of his cannon
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ continues on with the song of life! If nothing else it lets the elvaan go all out with reckless abandon - without fear of ti being reckless!
Jack` rolled 2d10+65 and got 8, 2 for a total of 75
Jack: [35D]
The Melee bandit is… Definitely scared as all hell. And decides to attack Gavriel!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 15 ( Total: 15 )
JayM rolled 1d6+32 and got 1 ( Total: 33.0 )
JayM: And that’s 33 Physical, I forgot Ranged
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie grabs at a different katana, one in wraps- a red sheath, red braid. He holds it high, and the blade turns to energy! The energy strikes across the enemy ranks! [Asura, 29D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+60 and got 1 for a total of 61
Gavriel glances up at her, briefly. That was… an entire sequence of events he was not expecting, essentially.
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 4 for a total of 4
Jnezdie got a total of 65
Jnezdie 's katana glows and glows….and dissipates, leaving only the hilt and braid. Jnezdie shrugs and ties the braid through the hole in the hilt, and then ties that to his waist.
And that finishes knocking out your foes
JayM: Victory!
JayM: [+10 AP]
Jack: "Ahah! So that's how it goes - haha, get it, 'goes'."
Suddenly, the Creimire looks worn the hell out, stumbles and swoons //"Ooh…"
Argent rolls her eyes
Jnezdie laughs. "Yep. If they hadn't died, I think I would have. Out of, well, you know."
Jack: "Hahahah!"
Gavriel motions to catch her and keep her from falling, of course! He's a gentleman. :|
Argent: "…"
Argent is not cavity searching Leland. she will check for anything on the others, though, as well as the dropped clothes
She is… Light, nearly weightless, however something is off! Because the touch of her skin, even through cloth, tickles and burns slightly, like a very weak acid. It takes her a few moments to regain her senses and she quickly gets out of Gavriel's grasp
Creimire: "Well… Sorry about that"
JayM rolled 3d100 and got 38, 19, 84 ( Total: 141 )
JayM: //Actually the best thing that Leland has is his chakrams, three Hawkeye models! Of course, two were shattered so: [Hawkeye x1]

Jnezdie: "Afternoon, ma'am."// He nods. "A few steps ahead of us?"
JayM: //The poor moogle, has a Phoenix Down

Argent: "Hm. This could be an interesting choice of weapon. Pity I don't know how the hell to use these damn things."
Gavriel inclines his head. //"It's… it's fine." He coughs, briefly, and straightens himself up, putting the cannon away for the moment.
Creimire: "I guess. Was hoping you've had given me a couple more ho- Waves with this man"
She flicks the whip once and it seems to reduce in size to a normal whip's length
Argent: "Blame Jack and Jnezdie here wanting to catch him with his pants down."
Jack‘ tilts his head to the side. "Hah! Sorry to… interrupt, madam."
Jnezdie nods. "Absolutely our fault."
Jnezdie: "But, y’know, there's a family out there cryin', and we just couldn't abide."
She shakes her head "I'll figure out who hired him some other way, I guess. Ought to be some tips in the stuff he's smuggling!" she grins- Something in her grin, despite being far more lustful and more resembling of a trickster, reminds you of Sarah
Argent pockets the Hawkeye anyway
Jnezdie: "I'm Jnezdie."
Lauren: "Name's Lauren!"
Argent: "Argent."
Gavriel nods a bit. "…some goods belong to a group that was passing through along this road." After a pause: "…Gavriel Martim Gurutz."
Lauren: "Hrm… Oh, well. Guess I'll go file a report with the local garrison after this before heading on for the next hint. You go ahead and return them- Speaking of, could you please take me out in that… Submerger thing they got here?"
Jack: "Ah yes, of course, the introductions! And they call me… Jack."
The Yeti flicks his wrist out once, ruffles ruffling, before bowing.
Lauren curtsies to Jack, a smirk in her face
Argent: "Honestly, I'd be tempted to finish him off here and now, scum that he is. Guess he's under arrest, though, so that means something."
Argent: "Sure."
Lauren: "Yep. He'll be arrested. How about we drag those fools upstairs and the family's goods? I think I know what they are"
Jack: "Justice, my good lady! What every proper hero strives for! Though, a submerger…? We had just swam, but it could, perhaps, be done."
Argent nods. "Your assistance is appreciated, Lauren."
Gavriel glances at Argent. "…don't needlessly spill blood. He will find his justice under the law's eyes, not yours." He turns to Lauren, and nods.
Jnezdie: "Up to the surface it is."
Jnezdie: "Gonna be a -curious- place once it's all empty."
Jack‘ wanders on out of the room to go give the vehicle a look over.
Argent goes to help Lauren deal with the goods
Gavriel follows, as well.
Jnezdie ties up the bandits. Puts Leland’s boxers on, at least.
Jnezdie: //Back -on- Leland, that is.

The party then heads back towards where this one system called //"Submerger" is… It's an interesting setup! From what the engineers in the party can see it seems to be a type of underwater movement machine! Kind of limited, though, it can't move horizontally, only vertically. Supposedly there's a system to get it ready to move out
JayM: //Which IS easy to find! However, it'll require a pilot to properly guide it's way upwards and, you know, you don't want to hit the rocky surfaces around and leak water in, do you?

JayM: So a Piloting [TN 6] check!
Jnezdie doesn't do machines. [No Reels]
Argent curses. Vehicles were mostly beyond her thing. [No Reels]
Gavriel is good at bodyslamming machines that are about to explode. Let's hope it… doesn't have to come to that. [No Preroll]
Jack‘ sits down in front of the controls after waiting a bit to see if no one else does, then cracks his knuckles. [Aptitude] [Dependable]
Jack` rolled d10 and got 6 for a total of 6
Jack` rolled d8+1 and got 2 for a total of 3
Jack` rolled 3#d8(1) and got 1 for a total of 1
Jack` rolled 3#d8(2) and got 8 for a total of 8
Jack` rolled 3#d8(3) and got 6 for a total of 6
Jack` got a total of 24**
Jack: "Push a few buttons here, turn a nob there, wind the crank over here aaaand….!"
The Submerger goes upwards slowly and surely and soon enough, it surfaces above the water! Lauren is careful not to get wet as she goes out, and it DOES takes a bit of a weightlifting job to get the family’s goods out of it, but you do manage to haul it out
Jack: "We return baring gifts!"
Argent and Gav are probably stuck with said weightlifting.
Jnezdie does better at hauling the family's gear. //"Good drivin', Jack."
Then, as you head back, Lauren accompanies you. In fact you've spoke so much of carriages… Might notice that you're having to return the goods by manually dragging a carriage! Either way, when you arrive you find Sarah playing with the kids while Red has set up guard. Everyone looks relieved when you arrive
Jack: "Hahah, you should see the schematics for one of Abadono's theoretical 'tank' designs one day, that was nothing!"
Gavriel gives them a wave, once they're close enough, very nearly letting himself grin.
Argent nods to the family as they approach
Jnezdie waves, calling out. "Oi, oi! Don't mind if it's a little damp!"
The whole family waves as you arrive, and the mother and father get to the carriage to check out their goods "Oh, great, everything's in order!"
Argent: "Hey. Kicked the crap out of their leader, got your stuff back."
The father scratches his chin, thinking, and picks up a pair of faded blue vials from his goods, and hands the [Potion x2] to the party "Here, for all the trouble"
Jnezdie: "Much obliged. Hang on to them until we reach town, okay?"
Argent nods, before pocketing the potions. "I guess we can also throw in accompanying you to town?"
Jnezdie hops over to Sarah next. "How were things? Not too bad under the weather?"
Sarah looks at Lauren, and they stare at eachother for a while, Lauren grins and walks over to her with decisive steps, Sarah manages to take just a couple of steps back before Lauren grabs her and gives her a cinematic-grade kiss
Argent quirks an eyebrow
Jnezdie stops, mid quesetion.
Following that is the loud noise of Sarah's right hand meeting Lauren's left cheek "Ugh… Stop that, I told you a million times i'm not into girls"
Jack‘ plays a light, long, sweeping chord.
Sarah: "… Gross …"
Jack` then pulls up suddenly in a scratching noise.
Argent refuses to comment
Lauren has a mischevous smile "How’s it, Hvezdami Knight?"
Gavriel takes… just a moment… to wonder how Jack managed to make that noise with his lute. IT IS A MYSTERY.
Sarah: "Not good that good…"
she raises a glowing blue syringe "Thanks, though. I COULD have made it without the kiss"
Sarah looks really miserable now "Guh… And after the good news…" she looks at Jnezdie "Was doing alright… Till that"
Jack‘ stands up on his toes, peering at the scene over Jnezdie and Gavriel’s shoulders. "The plot… thickens?"
Argent: "I take it you two know each other?"
Jnezdie: "Unforsee bumps of fate. We'll weather it somehow."
Lauren: "Yes, yes. We're sisters of illness"
she says with a grin "I'm taking stronger medicine, mind"
Jack: "The best sort!"
Argent: "Ah."
Sarah: "One that'll kill you within the cycle…"
she does looks actually worried "You sure you should be out and about?"
Jnezdie muses to himself. -Sarah- worried about someone else's illness.
Lauren shakes her head "Running out of time, yes. But I can still accomplish another mission" she sighs "Things MIGHT turn too serious, so the mysterious strange goes away before any excessive exposition occurs" and off she goes, towards the other way of the road
Sarah: "Geez, you too…"
Gavriel frowns, slightly. What could be worth…?
Jack: "We wouldn't have it any other way, this early on!"
Jack: "See you in an act and a half!"
Argent quirks an eyebrow. "Hm…you need to rest still, Sarah?"
Jnezdie: "Bye!"
He waves her off.
Sarah shakes her head "Nope, no need now"
Red is, meanwhile, looking amused "Damn, you people, you're amusing" he looks at Gavriel "Hey, Gav, how're you doing, by the by? Heard you got shunted to random patrols"
Red: "Think i'm going to beat you to Knight-Commander!"
JayM: //Knight-Commander, as Gav might know, is general officer grade

Gavriel rubs at his forehead, one shoulder slumped. //"As likely as not. Write a letter when you make it, kick over a few chairs for me at HQ."
Jack‘ quirks an eyebrow. "(Hmm, perhaps not an ex-something after all…? Curious!)"
Red looks worried for a half second, and grins "Aye-aye. Well, we’re heading the same way for now, anyway, so"
Argent: "We can talk on the way. I'd rather we depart once we're ready; there's things other than bandits that roam outside of towns, after all."
Jnezdie: "Continuing our wandering path!"
His hilt on a braid jangles noiselessly as he marches.
And thus the curtains come to a close, the party setting off to continue down the path towards Rosvales. Which will be an entirely uneventful, and slow, trip. But that is for the next act
JayM: //End Session!

JayM: 1787 Exp, 357 Gil!
JayM: [ Epilogue ]
LEVEL UP*
As the Seafarer family was busy with their things, Sarah brought Red over to a corner //"How's Chocolat?"
Red: "You sure you're her sister? Because she isn't a bangaa she-"
Sarah: "Chorozana's her full name, she's a Hvezdami Knight too"
Red: "Oh, so-"
Sarah: "Yeah, we're from the same place… Just tell me, is she alright?"
Red: "Yeah, she is"
JayM: //[ End ]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License