Sw01

Split Worlds - Session 1
It's a bright second rain in this little town, buried deep in the Material Kingdom. You see people idly pacing to and from doing what seems to amount to nothing, the variety of fields in the area have none caring for them, the many shops and workshops at the little heart of the town are almost all closed. It isn't unknown for, in little towns like those, there to be a 'rain off', a couple
JayM: of rains where people just take it to chill out
And in those moments, the places most full of people and lively are inns and bars, one of which you are heading to now. A sign in which is written 'The Lame Choco' hangs precariously from a single hanger in the wall (although finer eyes will notice that it's a purposeful artsy action), and the person you're meant to meet should be in there for the final meeting with the whole party before
JayM: the contract. Her unique visage certainly should be easy to find
Gavriel was the first to the door, and without a word, he held it open, peering up at the perilously hanging sign with his good eye, suspiciously.
Inside, the place is blustering with activitym people seem to want to party and revel, and at the moment the main amusement is, officially, a couple of creimire dancers in the stage. Unnoficially, the dwarf trying to mimic them. However, everyone seems to be staring curiously, now and then, at the strange bangaa at a corner, she seems to be about to faint, and cautiously looking at everyone
JayM: that enters the building. Her red dress, unfitting her race, tells who she is. Sarah notices your presence, and smiles lightly [_]
Jnezdie walks on through the open door, grinning widely. //"Heh, thanks!" he offers to Gavriel. He pauses right in the middle of the walkway, hand over eyes, mockingly scanning the area.
Argent enters the bar, holding it open for herself as she enters, small droplets of water dripping off the top of her hat and the short-cut white hair as she scans the Lame Choco for the employer in question.
Jnezdie: "Client over on the right~."
He smiels in return.
[OOC] Jnezdie: *smiles
Gavriel turns his head - and his entire upper body - to the right, glancing around, and then- "-hn. Yes."
Jack‘ is fashionably late to the party, showing up a couple of minute after the others. He stands at the doorwar dfor amomoent, shaking his hand sout in front of him to brush the water off, then tipping the lute on his back over to get the water out of the opening, He pauses for a second seconds as he scans then room, then runs a hand across his hair before heading over to the bnagaa in
Jack` the dress. Oh, but this is going to be interesting.
Sarah waves you over, and scoots slightly to the side, needlessly as there’s enough room for everyone to sit. There's some lighter snacks already on the table, local stuff, really. "There you are…."
Argent , without breaking stride, starts right toward the frail-looking Bangaa in the corner, not wishing to get involved with a majority of the clientele at bars typically
Argent: "I apologize for the delay. There's been a few setbacks on the trip there."
Sarah: "Such a nice team… Good to see you all at the same time"
she takes a small sip out of her water "It is no problem, really. I've the time"
Jnezdie walks on over, giving passing patrons a nod and a 'how're ya?' before continuing. He sits and scoots over next to her. "And here you are! Pleasure meeting again!" .
Sarah: "I hope it wasn't too much of a bother to call you right now"
Gavriel tromps over in her direction, and bows to her, a bit more formally, a bit more crisply, than you might expect. He remains standing, for an awkward moment, arms resting on the back of a chair across and to the side. "Not in the least."
Argent: "I had my schedule open."
Argent's response was, as usual, businesslike as she nods to Sarah prior to sitting down
Jnezdie: "That's our trade. If were were alchemists we'd be pretty pissed, though~."
You, now closer, can notice that she is… In fact majorly soaked. It doesn't shows so much in her dress since it's already somewhat shiny and skintight, but she IS far more soaked than you were coming in "Well, now. Guess you want to get to business, right?" she says with a smile
Argent: "Correct."
Jack‘ pulls his lute around to his stomach as he takes a seat at the table.
Sarah: "Well, i’ll be straight with you… This might be a bit under you, what I //really// want, well, it's elsewhere… This is kind of a test, but it's not like there isn't something i'm willing to pay for in this site, though"
Jnezdie: "Only when you're honest with yourself will you get what you want in this world…"
He nods sagely.
Gavriel nods, again, unrushed - and, as if realising a moment too late that this is the correct thing to do, is the last to seat himself. "What do they say - all gil glitters." A faint shrug, dismissive of her concerns.
Jnezdie: "…but that pretty much means you can lie to us all you like."
Argent: "So, looking for people you'd think are capable of the actual job, then."
Jnezdie: "So, there's no problem!"
Sarah takes a deep breath, apparently such long phrases are a bit beyond her usual capacity "But well, there's a nearby ruin, kind of old, as in, discovered a long while ago. I've took four parties there already and… We only escaped narrowly all those times"
Sarah: "I want you to take me there, I know there's this one final room where the "
sails that travel on winds of light" can be found. At least according to ancient texts"
Jack‘ tilts his head to stare at Sarah for a few moments, after which an enormous grin is plastered no his face.
Gavriel chuckles - it’s more of a grating, rasping sound. It's -probably- a chuckle. "A compliment, so soon."
Sarah keeps silent for a few moments, regaining her breath, and finishes "Five thousand. Or, well. I'm… Kind of skilled at dealing with ancient things, so if we find anything useful you want repaired, I could keep the money for a later job, and give you some fixed ancient gear instead"
Sarah: "Oh, yes. You get to keep all the other loot. I just want the sails"
Gavriel raises an eyebrow above his eyepatch, at that.
Jack: "Ah, I wager I'll find exactly what it is I seek, gil aside."
Jack shakes his head as the grin fades; he's still smiling though as he lightly begins to pick at his lute with a finger.
Argent: "Straight to the point. I was about to ask payment. I approve."
Argent cracks a small smile.
Jnezdie runs his fingers forward through the front of his spiked hair. "Hah, so you rolled the test and a little something for yourself all in one, did you?"
Sarah smiles lightly "It is a waste, to do just one thing when you could two"
Jnezdie chuckles, nodding his head.
Sarah: "Well, hum… Every group asked different stuff before setting off. Anything to ask?"
Gavriel glances over at Jnezdie, and nods. "Why waste time?"
Jnezdie leans forward onto the table, resting his elbows."So what 'caused the last four packs and you to beat feet so quick outta there?"
Sarah: "Eh… The place is pretty dangerous, full of, well, natural traps. I don't think they were set as traps, but are just as dangerous. One of the groups got near the last room, but the guardians nearly killed us"
Sarah: "They're ancient protectors, two of them, who fight with beams of light that burn like flame, at times magical, at times not"
She giggles lightly "One team before those four actually got lost in the forest in the path, though. Was kind of funny"
Argent: "Interesting. Defense system of a sort, then?"
Sarah: "I imagine it is. Didn't get a chance to look closer"
Gavriel hides his face behind a palm, with the sound of two terribly amused stones scraping against one another. The forest? That's just… absurd.
Jnezdie: "It's getting kind of old hat for you, isn't it?"
Jnezdie: "We'll protect you, just don't be surprised if we zig when you zig and zag when you zag."
Z-zig?: "Uhn… Okay"
[OOC] JayM: … I screwed that up
Sarah: "Z-zig? Uhn… Okay"
Sarah: "Ah, uhn. I lost our map last attempt, though"
Jack‘ doesn;t look up fomr his loot, but mumbles in Sarah’s direction. "Expect the unexpected."
Jnezdie casually waves a hand. "We'll find it, we'll find it."
Argent: "While I don't share my teammates' inexplicable upbeat enthusiasm, I intend to see this job through to completion."
Gavriel: "Or we'll get lost in the forest."
He deadpans, face earnest.
Jnezdie: "Aw."
He swats a hand into Gavriel's side. "I was at least hoping to get to the point of being swatted by guardians."
Sarah giggles lightly "Okay. So, uhm… What's the first step?"
[OOC] Argent: Was there an on-paper contract mentioned?
Jack: "Getting lost in the forest, before a sudden revelation strikes our guide and we find our way into the forboding ruins, of course."
[OOC] JayM: Nope
Gavriel: "Well, yes. To do otherwise would be terribly embarrasing."
He turns his head to the side to glance at Sarah, wondering if she'll be a liability. Probably, but… well, part of what they do, they guard people, so.
Argent: "Or preferably getting through the forest without the 'getting lost' part."
Sarah: "Well, this team's yours to lead"
Sarah seems like she'll be the biggest liability you ever had
Argent gets up, and starts out the door, content to start this job
Jnezdie: "Hey, I think it'd be a big plus if we managed to get lost and find the place anyway."
Jack: "Tsk tsk, it wouldn't be an interesting tale if there were not trials to be overcome. A hero that instantly does everything right the first time is a terrible bore."
Jnezdie: "It'd be in our signs."
Argent: "Follow me."
Jack‘ gets to his feet before slinging the lute back over his back and heading out.
Argent: "Sarah, I presume you have an idea of which specific forest to head for, at least?"
Gavriel doubts that’ll be the case. And if so, it'll be an adventure. He tromps towards the door - holds it open for Sarah, at the very least.
Sarah stands up, staggers for a moment, and steps towards Argent. Strangely, you never see her donning it, but by the time she has stepped outside she has a strange, golden rifle holstered on her back. It's long, made mostly of heavy metallic plates and a long tube without rifling, it also is very sleek and every part seems to fluidly connect with the rest as if it was engineered with
JayM: //perfect precision

Sarah: "North… wards"
Argent nods. //"You sure you're going to be okay?"
Gavriel slowly… glances at Sarah's rifle. Promising.
Jnezdie blinks, bending backwards to stare at the rifle. "That wasn't there before. Rifle, I mean."
Sarah: "I'm sure i'll survive… I haven't been okay in quite a few cycles, though"
she says with a cheeky smile
Sarah: "Ah, ehehe… A family heirloom, pretty easy to conceal, if you know how"
Jack: "Tut tut, as if the fair maiden wouldn't have a few secrets of her own! It's not gentlemanly to pry, Jnezdie."
JayM: //She must, because it looks downright impossible to. Only thing that stands out more is Gavriel's hand cannon

Jack: "(Wait a few acts, yes?)"
Jnezdie: "I'm past prying now."
Jnezdie: "Full-on nosy mode, you know?"
Argent nods. //"If you say so." Argent takes hold of her bo staff slung across her back as she starts heading northward, raindrops platting against the flat top of her hat
Jack: "Yes, well, reign it in my man!"
JayM: //Well, how're you going to go on about it? Just head into the northern forest and try to find the ruins? Or have any different plans?

Jnezdie: "Yeah, yeah…"// He shoves his hands in his pockets and stalks forward, purposefully bent, grinning.
Argent: //We're just going to brute-force this unless anyone else has different ideas, yes…

Gavriel starts chuckling. He doesn't blame Jnezdie for his curiosity - it'd be less interesting if she hadn't had the thing concealed. His own hand cannon - it's a monster, slung across his back and impossible to miss, all brass and dark wood in the old style.
[OOC] Jnezdie: go north, find lost random footprints, find the set of three that keep going to a ruin
The path northwards is simple and easy to tread, at first, and hey even the guards posted at the little town's exit wave goodbye (and one particularily excitable new one salutes) as you pass by. And eventually the forest comes into view. It's pretty clear how that group COULD get lost in this place, it's a very packed and dense forest in which very few paths exist, unless you walk atop
JayM: trees. A small green snake slithers calmly over Argent's foot, although it quickly dashes away the moment Argent shows any sign of movement
JayM: I'll require now a Double Skill Check! [Huntsman/Navigation, TN 5] to get through the place. Sarah will just obligingly follow and not get in the way [_]
Argent flings the snake off of her foot with an outward kick if it's that far over
[OOC] Argent: Okay, I admit, not used to Reels
Jack‘ smiles a little. //"Ah! How will you make it through this, I wonder? I look forward to your results!"
JayM: //Everyone will state which Talents they use, and apply them to the rolls. I’m not used either, Hachi can be your Tutorial Guide if need be

JayM: Rather, Ice
Jnezdie slides around trees and hops over roots like he knows where he's going— which, at the least he's aware of how to navigate a forest. [Aptitude:Wilderness]
[Aptitude adds +1 to a single die used for a skill roll, -before- dice are rolled.]
Argent keeps going through the forest, thwacking down bushes and trees in sheer determination for both money and an untarnished reputation… [Lucky:Wilderness, can save SCRAPE BY:Wilderness]
JayM: [+1 Reel]
Gavriel grew up in the Material Kingdom… and, really, it's not like they're going to get lost in a forest. That would be ridiculous. [Aptitude:Wilderness]
Jack‘ rolled 2#d8+1(1) and got 3 for a total of 4
Jack` rolled 2#d8+1(2) and got 4 for a total of 5
Jack` rolled 5d8 and got 5, 4, 1, 2, 5 for a total of 17
Jack` got a total of 26
JayM: Well, that’s 2/6
JayM: Rather 3/6
3 / 4 required passes, actually! Gavriel, you're reliable right?
[OOC] Argent: I can use Scrape By if that would be necessary
[OOC] JayM: Need to work on my notations
Gavriel is goddamn -determined- not to get lost in the middle of the forest. [Reliable:Wilderness]
Jack‘ rolled d10+1 and got 5 for a total of 6
JayM: That’s enough successes!
Gavriel grits his teeth and barks out directions. Possibly multiple times, and they go in a circle once, but…
Argent irritatedly points out that they went in a circle
The party forges their way through the forest, and it isn't actually easy. At first the paths seem all to end nowhere at all walking around in circles, and it gets tiresome after just after a few pals have passed. However, Gavriel's so determined NOT to go in circles at a point he tells someone to just climb over the goddamn tree, and discovers there's an elevated pathway through there
JayM: [+3 AP/+100 XP]
Jnezdie enjoys the trip, perching on roots and branches here and there, hanging upside down at one point to get Sarah to laugh. There is a method to the madness, right?
Gavriel probably gave them a hand -over- the tree, for what it's worth. And, hey, look, it even worked.
Argent used her pole's leverage to get herself over the tree
Jack‘ is mostly hanging back with Sarah and watching as the others work, but he can help her up to the higher path with his height advantage, at least. And she’s probably not heavy? He certainly hopes not!
Unfortunately, as you climb through that pathway you notice that it might not exactly be the safest thing to do (although it might be the right one) as, after every last one is up there you hear a rustling behind you. Three tiny green snakes with their teeth sunk deep in a tree let go of it and hiss at you, seems like you made them angry
JayM: It might be involved with at least one of you confusing them for a vine to propel yourself up with
Jnezdie releases the snake's body after he steps over to the solid part of the tree. Whoops.
JayM: And the fact that those thorny vines attached to this one large bush with a tiny flower on it started moving might as well be a bad sign
JayM: First combat! Sarah vanishes from sight, where is she?
Gavriel turns his upper body to peer level-ly at the snake. The one which clearly desires to be made into the evening's stew, to clarify.
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Gravriel [B]:2 Sarah [B]:4 Tangler Snake A [F]:4 Tangler Snake B [F]:4 Tangler Snake C [F]:4 Jnezdie [F]:6 Argent [F]:7 Snakeater A [B]:8
[OOC] Argent: I'm not slow! I'm just strategic!
Jnezdie hisses back at the snakes. //"Oi, oi, you wanna die?!"
Jack: "Ha ha! How amusing."
Jack grins good naturedly, slipping the lute aroudn to his front and he begins to retune it. [Wait[ [13D]
JayM: //Gavriel!

JayM: Those snakes, mind, you might have already seen or heard of before. They're not poisonous NOR carnivorous, they are instead plant parasites. They have one MEAN grip, though.
Gavriel: "Yes, Jnezdie, they want to die."// He begins setting up his hand cannon, -slowly-, adjusting things here and screwing the scope on there. [Boost D20]
JayM sighs, why is Sarah in the init
Jnezdie grins. "Well hey, don't take your time about it, old man."
[OOC] Gavriel: Because she's clearly going to start sniping from the bushes she's hiding in! :D
The three Tangler Snakes strike in unison, one of them sneaks all over Jnezdie and coils around his right arm, it doesn't looks strong or heavy- Until it suddenly jerks to attempt to break his arm [Breaksnap]
JayM: //Oops

JayM rolled 1d100 and got 19 for a total of 19
JayM rolled 1d12+70 and got 7 for a total of 77
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 8 for a total of 8
Gavriel gives Jnezdie a good-natured Look. //"You can't rush -everything-, you know."
JayM got a total of 85
Argent: "Both of you stop yapping and kill them already."
JayM: //77 Physical Melee damage and Pain(3)!

Another Tangler Snake takes the moment that Argent is currently using her throat to leap and attempt to bite it! [Throat Bite]
Jnezdie: "Want my arm, do you?"
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 44 for a total of 44
JayM rolled 1d8+42 and got 3 for a total of 45
Jnezdie laughs. //"Go ahead, eheheheh…"
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 325/392, MP: 38/38, LP: 0/100, SoS: 98 - Pain (3)
JayM: //Damage is light, just 45 Physical Melee, however, it leaves a horrible bleeding it seems like it hit some vital vein. Sap(4)

JayM: And the last one decides that Jnezdie is still close enough and whips his legs with it's lower body! [Whipstrike]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 65 for a total of 65
Gavriel glances up at Argent, sternly, but he keeps his mouth shut.
JayM rolled 1d6+28 and got 3 for a total of 31
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie curls his other hand into a fist as the snake curls around his arm, and waits… [Wait, 19D]
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 304/392, MP: 38/38, LP: 20/100, SoS: 98 - Pain (2)
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Snakeater A [B]:1 Jack [B]:6 Gravriel [B]:15 Tangler Snake C [F]:15 Jnezdie [F]:18 Tangler Snake B [F]:25 Tangler Snake A [F]:36
JayM: Argent!
Argent returns a deadpan look as she wipes the bitewound once with her off-hand, before twirling the staff overhead and starting for a hard overhead smash on Tangler Snake C…
Argent: [Attack, 44D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 24 for a total of 24
JayM: Hit!
Argent rolled 1d12+110 and got 5 for a total of 115
[OOC] Argent: Magical melee damage
JayM: The snake's severely battered and twitch, another hit like that should do it in!
The flower behind then suddenly strikes Gavriel hard with it's vines and then not just crushes him, but cuts him like a chainsaw as it pulls it's vines in [Crash and Ripsaw]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 37 for a total of 37
JayM rolled 1d10+80 and got 5 for a total of 85
[OOC] Argent: HP: 345, MP: 70, LP: 10/100, Sap[3]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 72 for a total of 72
JayM got a total of 157
JayM: Er
JayM: That is not ranged
Gavriel struggles against it, tearing leaves free, but it's no good…
JayM: So just half of that
JayM: My bad
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ picks a few notes on his lute as he nods to himself, then begins to strum three chords in a quick upbeat pattern. As the notes wash over the party, they begin to feel renewed. [Life Song] [35D]
Jack` rolled 2d10+65 and got 4, 3 for a total of 72
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 376/392, MP: 38/38, LP: 20/100, SoS: 98 - Pain (2)
JayM: A song for life!
Jack` looks up a few seconds after the effect passes over the party, then chuckles. //"That plant is rather exciteable, isn’t it?"
JayM: //Gavriel, at last!

[OOC] Argent: HP: 417, MP: 70, LP: 10/100, Sap[3]
Gavriel: "…rather exuberant, yes."// He extricates himself from it, aiming his hand cannon at Snake C. [Boosted Attack]
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 48 for a total of 48
JayM: //Seems like this sugar is but a shadow of itself. And Highwind need it's die

JayM: That is a clear hit!
Gavriel rolled d8+72,200% and got 3 for a total of 150.0
JayM: [150]! The Snakeater has a fair few less leaves now, and a vine less
[OOC] Gavriel: Um no
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 7 ( Total: 7 ) for 90
[OOC] Gavriel: I was targeting Snake C, the snake Argent targeted
JayM: Ah
JayM: So
JayM: Thta instead means that Snake C has been plastered
JayM: Snake C is no more!
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Tangler Snake B [F]:7 Tangler Snake A [F]:18 Jack [B]:23 Argent [F]:26 Snakeater A [B]:29 Gravriel [B]:37
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 444/444, MP: 80/80, LP: 36/100, SoS: 111
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie curls his other hand into a fist as the snake curls around his arm, and waits… [Wait, 19D]
Gavriel: "…was that sufficient, Argent?"
Tangler Snake B [Whipstrikes] Jnezdie some more
Gavriel waves smoke away from the barrel of his hand cannon, and begins the slow process of reloading. You can't rush things!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 96 ( Total: 96 ) **
JayM: Instead it seems to make a knot out of itself
Jnezdie sneers at the snake. //"Hittin' me would make me mad. You missin' is pissin' me off even more, though…"
Tangler Snake A jumps at and coils around the bigass Yeti! It instead of trying to break Jack apart, however, holds him tight into place like a strong rope! [Ensnare]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 )
JayM: //Immobilize(4) and Slow(4) to the healer!

JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Jack [B]:4 Tangler Snake B [F]:6 Argent [F]:7 Snakeater A [B]:10 Gravriel [B]:18 Tangler Snake A [F]:30
JayM: Jnezdie again!
Jnezdie finally shakes his arm free of the snake's grasp! [Wait, 19D]
JayM: Jack!
Gavriel glances up at Jnezdie. Hn, good.
Argent: "Sufficient. But is the banter really necessary?"
Jnezdie: "'course it is. Otherwise it'd be boring."
Jack: "…Why I never!"
Jack‘ scowls. This is interfering with his playing!"
Gavriel: "…shall I also silence my cannon."
Argent: "That’s a gun, not your voice."
Jnezdie: "Hahahahah! Good luck putting a silencer on that sucker."
Gavriel inclines his head towards Jnezdie. Someone got the joke.
Jnezdie: "Have an easier time painting you white and passing you as a Creimire."
Jack: "I'll just have to play louder if its noise is a problem and drown it out!"// Jack roars.
Jack‘ then does so! [40D]
Jack` rolled 2d10+65 and got 4, 1 for a total of 70
JayM: //Healing sounds!

[OOC] Argent: HP: 434, MP: 70, LP: 10/100, SOS:108 Sap[3]
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 392/392, MP: 38/38, LP: 20/100, SoS: 98
Tangler Snake B then decides that Jnezdie really needs a [Whipstrike] to his shin
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 )
JayM rolled 1d6+28 and got 4 ( Total: 32.0 )
JayM: 32 Physical Melee damage!
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 370/392, MP: 38/38, LP: 30/100, SoS: 98
JayM: Argent!
Gavriel: "…they’re fairly weak, aren't they? Herbivorous, but territorial."// He cants his head, almost apologetically.
Argent looks over the enemies, before spinning her staff once more, and placing a good whack on Snake A this time…
Argent: //[Attack, 44D]

Argent rolled 1d100 and got 43 ( Total: 43 )
JayM: That hits!
Argent rolled 1d12+110 and got 6 for a total of 116
JayM: [116]! It hurts it pretty bad!
The Snakeater decides to remove Argent's skin! Argent has armor, however, so it won't hurt as much [Break Apart]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 98 ( Total: 98 )
It can't seem to wrap it's vines around Argent, she is too… Un-snakelike
Argent whacks the vines away with the rod as she gets back into position
JayM: Battle order: Gravriel [B]:0 Jnezdie [F]:1 Tangler Snake B [F]:6 Tangler Snake A [F]:12 Jack [B]:26 Argent [F]:33 Snakeater A [B]:34
JayM: Gavriel!
[OOC] Argent: HP: 390, MP: 70, LP: 10/100, SOS:108 Sap[3]
[OOC] Argent: Er…)
[OOC] Argent: HP: 390, MP: 70, LP: 10/100, SOS:108 Sap[2
Gavriel: "…you know when I said you can't rush things?"// He frowns at Snake A… it's better to just blast it apart, before it has the chance to do anything else! "I was lying." He adjusts a few settings, abruptly, and with a ear-splitting crack, fires off a shot at Snake A. [Full Assault D40]
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 35 ( Total: 35 ) for 90
JayM: //BLAM

JayM: It hits
Gavriel rolled d8+144 and got 3 for a total of 147
Gavriel is caught by the backlash, and falls, dazed and knocked out. It'll take him a moment to recover. [Sleep (2)]
Jnezdie whistles.
The powerful shot leaves a small hole in the ground. Wether there was snake there or not, it's unclear. All that is known is that Snake A is no longer a combatant
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie: "Suppose I better do my part, if you're bringin' out stuff like that."
Jack: "Oho! Marvelous!"
Argent: "…what the hell, did you just start sleeping in the middle of a fight?"
Jnezdie reaches for his katana and runs toward Tangler Snake B! He draws— a black hue follows the crescent arc of his strike! [Soul Eater, 38D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 37 for a total of 37
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+176 and got 2 for a total of 178
JayM: The powerful strike nearly takes it down in one shot! Anyone short of your trusty singerboy can fell it now
Tangler Snake B is damn hurt and doesn't likes the guy that hurt it so it goes for the troat! [Throat Bite]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 72 ( Total: 72 )
JayM: It goes wide, however, and ends up behind him. Seems like the target was much too high
JayM: Jack!
Jnezdie taps his katana across the back of his shoulders. //"No comin' back from this one, snakey."
Jack‘ pulls a dagger from his hip, then bonks Gavriel on the head with the pommel. "Come now, back to your sense my man!" [Attack] [23D]
Jack` rolled d100 and got 57 for a total of 57
Jack` rolled d6+8 and got 6 for a total of 14
JayM: //Bap

JayM: Tiny damage
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Tangler Snake B [F]:1 Snakeater A [B]:1 Jnezdie [F]:6 Gavriel [B]:7 Jack [B]:16
JayM: Argent!
Jack` then ducks the dagger back away.
Gavriel shakes his head vigorously and then gets back to his feet. //"-thank you."
Argent decides to rear back…and then just try and put the snake out of its misery with a nasty overhead "thwack" with the pole. Surprisingly, despite all this movement, her hat has yet to come off!
Jack: "Your rather welcome, as long as you continue with those delight displays of power! An attack so grandious that the backlash is enough to daze a full grown man - I love it!"
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 19 ( Total: 19 ) for 80
Argent rolled 1d12+110 and got 1 for a total of 111
JayM: //And with a powerful overhead strike, the snake is now ready to be had for dinner [KO]

thwock*
Argent: [44D]
Gavriel chuckles darkly as he resets and reloads. //"That’s why you don't do things in a rush, by the way. Except when you do."
[OOC] Argent: HP: 346, MP: 70, LP: 10/100, SOS:108 Sap[1
JayM: //And then the flower gets to act, and decides that if a Viera is too unsnakelike maybe a tall atheltic elvaan might be! It slams it's vines hard against Jnezdie! [Crash and Ripsaw]

JayM rolled 1d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 )
JayM: But rather finds him unappealing as wel!
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie does some pruning as the vines reach for him, and then follows up with another dark crescent strike! [Soul Eater, 38D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 76 for a total of 76
Jack: "Ah, but an audience loves that sort of thing!"
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+176 and got 5 for a total of 181
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 214/392, MP: 38/38, LP: 30/100, SoS: 98
JayM: [181]! That hurt it a lot
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel: "Time and a place for-"// -he cuts off, watching Jnezdie's stance. The fell power within the blade… he trusts it not, but at the same time, it's… remarkably effective. After a moment, he tilts his head back and -howls- into the forest, a full-throated, bone-chilling thing - [Forgotten Howl D20]
JayM: //Gavriel powers up!

JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Gavriel [B]:11 Jnezdie [F]:28 Argent [F]:28 Snakeater A [B]:31
The plant in front of you might have shaken an unnatural movement, maybe not. Could plants be afraid of a wolf's howl
Jack: "Aaah ah ah, and the Varg's ferocious battle cry! I do believe this is the first time I've heard it in person! Regardless!"// Jack goes to step back, can't, scowls, then strums on his strings with force. [Life Song] [40D]
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+65 and got 1, 10 for a total of 76
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 290/392, MP: 38/38, LP: 30/100, SoS: 98
JayM: //Healing all over the place, ALL OVER THE PLACe

JayM: Gavriel again!
Gavriel would cast fear into the heart of anything, if it’d shorten a battle - he draws his weapon once more, aiming at the middle of the plant, and recklessly fires without managing the backlash! [Full Assault F40, Auto-Hit]
Gavriel rolled d8+144,125% and got 4 for a total of 185.0
[OOC] Argent: HP: 422, MP: 70, LP: 35/100, SOS:108 Sap[1
JayM: Er
JayM: Some modifier is weird there
JayM: Isn't it- No, no, that is right, my bad
[OOC] Gavriel: +25% from Brave
JayM: Another one might do it! [184]
Jnezdie leans his neck to one side, cracking it. //"Geez, old man, you want to get back in a single Wave, do you?"
JayM: //Jnezdie!

JayM: And Argent, in synch!
Jnezdie strikes along the bush, but it's only the striking of steel this time! [Attack, 38D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 54 for a total of 54
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+88 and got 4 for a total of 92
JayM: Hits!
Gavriel is dazed, but- there's no sense in them getting any more hurt than they need to be, fighting these creatures. He may as well give it everything he's got!
Argent spins her staff to the side, then to the other…before sweeping down and striking up against the vine
Argent: [Attack, 44D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for 80
JayM: Hitttt
Argent rolled 1d12+110 and got 9 for a total of 119
JayM: The staff cracks the vines almost completely!
And, suddenly, there's a loud explosive sound, not as loud as Gavriel's hand cannon but almost. Sadly, Sarah can't aim straight for her life and her shot goes wild, and unable to hold even the single knockback of her rifle tumbles backwards and hits against a tree. Luckly, it ends up dropping a dread branch on the flower, and if finishes off the last digit of HP it had
JayM: Victory!
JayM: [+9 AP/+2475 XP/+495 Gil]
Jack‘ cranes his head back in the direction of Sarah in surprised, then begins ti laugh uproarously! //"Goodness!"
Sarah’s pretty much dazed in the ground now, not as bad as Gavriel for sure but had the wind knocked out of her lungs
Jnezdie shakes his head and smiles, walking over to Sarah. "Oi, I thought -we- were the ones being tested."
Gavriel shakes his head, heading over to Sarah to give her a hand up.
Argent scavenges the snakes and plant to see if there's anything that could be found useful in their bodiesif not some degree of foodstuffs
Jnezdie extends his hand along with Gavriel's.
JayM rolled 4d100 and got 82, 27, 52, 96 ( Total: 257 )
The snakes can be eaten, they don't taste good, though, pretty stale and cabbage-y taste, although they'll last you for the day. However, one snake is still in proper conditon to have some of the semi-digested plant sap taken out of it, and that's one of the best type of natural [Painkiller] out there
JayM: //The Snakeater plant, sadly, isn't really edible or usable

Argent: "…eh."// Argent bottles the painkiller and grabs the snakes. What's left of them could at least make decent emergency rations
Gavriel was planning on gathering the remnants of the snakes for tonight's stew, yes. The painkiller sap is an added bonus. "Good find, Argent."
Argent: "Self-sufficiency's a rather important thing in this line of work."
Sarah eventually gets to stand up, and looks sincerely distraught at her bad aiming. She takes a moment to swallow a white pill (it glows slightly) when her stomach rumbles
Argent looks over to Sarah. "You okay?"
JayM: //And thankfully for the team, the rest of the path is pretty much clear!

Sarah nods to Argent //"Y-yes… I need to take my medicine now and them… Hum.."
Argent nods. "Let's keep going, barring any objections."
Jack: "Hrmhrmhrmmm."
Jnezdie: "On and on we go."
He sheathes his katana and jams his hands in his pockets once Sarah's up and moving.
Sarah: "It reminds me! My body is, uhn… Not exactly working right, so normal potions don't seem to have any effect. Healing magic is okay, though"
Argent does take the time to procure and down a tonic, however.
Jack‘ eyes Sarah apprasingly, then seems to remember something he told Jnezdie earlier before shaking his head and smiling.
Gavriel probably let Jnezdie be the gentleman rescuer, when it came down to it. Unless she required both their help, that is! He tromps onwards, keeping an eye on their path through the forest.
[OOC] Argent: HP: 434, MP: 70, LP: 35/100?, SOS:108
The party then gets to move onwards, and onwards towards what seems like a very… Tall cliffside. What is a cliffside like this doing in a forest? They’ll have to climb upwards but they can see a hint of their target from down here. There is a tiny but of blackened metal jutting out of stone, a good sign that the ruins should be there
JayM: //Climbing up will be a Jumping & Climbing [TN 4] check! You have to take Sarah up, though… [Helpless - One reel autofails]

Gavriel looks up at the blackened metal, he'll touch it if he gets the chance, and grin. //"There we are. Now…" [Aptitude - Physical]
Jack: "And now, a cliffside. Exciting! How shall you managed to scale it and bring our fair maiden to the top with us?"
Gavriel: "With difficulty."
He rummages for climbing equipment, clipping his hand cannon to his belt at several spots, so that Sarah could climb the cliff face holding onto his shoulders if she needed.
Jnezdie leaps about, perching on solitary juts, holding martial arts stances on some
he moves across them like water. [Too Easy: Climbing and Jumping] It's not to say he's doing it randomly though, he's scouting the most secure handholds. [Trick: Physical]
Sarah clings to Gavriel to be taken upwards… Gavriel notices that there is no way in heaven or earth she could be THAT heavy, not without being triple her size, but she is
JayM: //Her graps is light, though, and you're sure she won't be able to hold her own weight

Jnezdie does, of course, loosen a few rocks, but it's all in the name of getting the easiest path up. [Double or Nothing: Physical]
Jack‘ takes a step back to observer the rest of the party as the move abuot - Argent seems to have a handle on this sort of thign as well, and nods in hearing approvingly.
Jack` rolled 2d10+2 and got 4, 4 for a total of 10
Jack` rolled d10 and got 8 for a total of 8
Jack` rolled d8 and got 4 for a total of 4
Jack` got a total of 22
JayM: Seems like the party has aced this challange
[OOC] Jack: whoops that should be +1 but hey ALL PASSES, plus the too easy for … 5/3 :D
JayM: [+2 AP/+80 XP]
Jack` scurries up the pathway that Jnezdie so kindly provided, once the others are up top!
Gavriel frowns, slightly, preparing himself to follow behind Jnezdie, but - he pauses, a moment, winding a rope around the both of them, tying it here, here, there, so it won’t be painful for her - once he's sure Sarah's safe and secure, he clambers up the cliff face.
The party eventually reaches the top of the cliffside, and from here you first notice… That there is in fact a small cave entrance here, lined with shards of blackened metal embedded in the walls. And peering over the side you see that this place is more like a spire, and there is another cliff behind the ending, FAR sharper than this one, but it's… Within walking distance of a beaten
JayM: road, that with your vantage point you can see leads to the back exit of the little town
JayM: Seems like you took the hard path here
Gavriel: "…hn."
Jnezdie laughs, sending it to echo over the cliffside.
Jack: "Hmhmhmhm! Excellent work!"
Inside the ruins, it is dark, in fact pretty dark for a while until you reach what seems to be a large square-ish chamber, there are a variety of tables strewn about, broken and some standing, they're all made of metal, in fact the walls themselves are made of charred metal, nothing here is made of wood or cloth
Gavriel: "It's worth knowing we can scale cliffs like that."
Jnezdie: "Some of us just aren't fated to walk down blazed trails."
What makes it all visible in a dim blue light are a variety of glowing vials strewn about, some broken, some not, but they're vials nontheless and-
Sarah: "Careful… There's those… Invisible webs around here, you touch one and… It is pretty nasty"
Jack: "Much to my delight!"// Jack nods to the elvaan.
Jnezdie flashes a victory sign to the yeti.
With her advice you notice some… Very clear, almost invisble webs of translucent material in certain parts. There's a path that seems to head straight towards the back of this room where you can see, with some difficulty, stairs. There's also, however, other doorways here leading to different oarts
JayM: //Do you want to scavenge the place throughly, or just forge onwards?

JayM: Skill checks will be required, based on that choice!
Gavriel: "…is there any way to test for them, my lady?"// He frowns. How can one be careful of an invisible web… "…hn. I see. Do they burn?"
[OOC] Jnezdie: I vote scavenge, we want loot
Sarah: "No but, well… They are REALLY sticky, and the walls are fragile"
Jack: "Invisible traps, hidden passageways, and a mysterious pathway at the end of the room…"
Jack's mumbling to himself, almost as if taking notes.
Sarah smiles sheepishly "If you misstep you could take everything down on us"
Argent: "Well, if we get more profit out of it, why not."
Argent keeps the pole ahead of her to probe for webs.
JayM: //Voting for scavenging?

Jnezdie: "Might as well clear it all out. Once we're done here, there'll be no reason to return, and we'll go to Sarah's true love."
JayM: Scavenging skill challange! Dual Skill Check, Sabotage/Danger Sense [TN 7]! Sarah will follow once she knows the path is clear
Argent rolls her eyes, and forges onward into the complex. //"Well, let's at least not keep ourselves waiting."
Jack: "…Well…"
Gavriel spots the worst of the traps after Sarah's first prompting. [Too Easy: Danger Sense] "There, there, and there. Be careful."
[OOC] Gavriel: askdjf nevermind I can't read
JayM: //I noticed, I was wondering if you guys could get a +3 to that

[OOC] Gavriel: make that [Aptitude - Wilderness] instead
Jack: "I suppose I can't leave it all to you lot, now can I? On ocassion even the tail's chronoclier steps onto the stage! Allow me!"// Jack pokes at the block of wood around his neck a few times, and when he beings to pick at his lute, the sound is deeply distorted. The invisible webs begins to vibrate a bit though, becoming easier to see… [Expertise: Sabotague! Now the TN is 6] [Dependable]
Jack: //[Aptitude]

Jnezdie 's middle name is danger. That or 'Cassandra.' (It's not, but he's got a nose for it. Danger and Cassandras.) [Aptitude: Wilderness]
Argent seems to be guided by some sort of innate providence…maybe even a sixth sense of sorts as she seems to not have a bit of fortune for it [Lucky: Wilderness]
lack of
Argent: [+1 Reel]
JayM: Try sugar, buddy
Jack‘ rolled 3#d8+1(1) and got 2 for a total of 3
Jack` rolled 3#d8+1(2) and got 5 for a total of 6
Jack` rolled 3#d8+1(3) and got 4 for a total of 5
Jack` rolled 2#d8(1) and got 2 for a total of 2
Jack` rolled 2#d8(2) and got 5 for a total of 5
JayM: Or maybe highwind is just badly unresponsive
Jack` rolled d10 and got 3 for a total of 3
Jack` got a total of 24
JayM: That was a… Single success out of four!
JayM: [1/4]
[OOC] Jnezdie: gathering post-roll options
Jack` grits his teeth and tosses tjhe lute around to his back once more, before he drops down to the ground and pulls out his wdagger. This trap will nto defeat him! [Reliable]
Jack` rolled d10+1 and got 6 for a total of 7
JayM: [2/4]
Gavriel shouts out a warning! [Reliable]
Jack` rolled d10+1 and got 10 for a total of 11
JayM: [3/4] almost there!
Gavriel grits his teeth and darts forward, at the last moment - a trap sprung, but he threw himself in the way of a piece of falling metal, throwing his weight into it - he looks battered, but. //"…that one won’t bother us any more." [Extreme Effort - Technical]
JayM: //And Gravriel gets a nasty hit to himself but manages to clear the last trap!

Argent: "…bit of a risky method to that, no?"
Jnezdie: "Gonna be okay, buddy?"
Jack‘ glance sup form his cut wire, looking to Gavriel. He then begins to let out a gruff laugh.
The party eventually managed to clear way of the traps that are stopping them from moving on. It’s impossible to clear everything without causing a disaster but with a little bit of care they can navigate this first floor with ease. This place is strange and there's so many vials and strange machines on tables, you notice here and there also a thing that might once have been a chair, and
JayM: everything is metal. But eventually you ALSO figure out what those webs are
Gavriel grits his teeth. //"…yes. We are going to be just fine."
Jnezdie: "Of course -we- are. You're the one who took a bar to the face."
Lost in a corner is a small spheroid devoice with a button, and it's coated in this translucent web, and there's another nearby, which popped open, and it's full of gunky semi-liquid webbing. An ancient weapon… [x1 Ancient Grenade - Item - 65% CoS of Slow(4) - Elder]
Jack: "How well it worked, though!"
Jnezdie: "'s why I asked about you."
He sniffs and puts his hands behind his head, continuing onward.
Argent: "…hm?"
How curious. There's been fighting or a capture attempt in here."
JayM: //You also are somewhat creeped out… In this thing, that looks like a locker falling over are… Let's just hope they're medical implements, yes? At least there's potions around [A Tonic - Elder]

Gavriel looks at Jnezdie and shrugs, languidly, but… his expression softens. //"I've survived a lot worse. Don't worry."
JayM: //Items with the //"Elder"
property sell for triple standard price!
JayM: //Ancient relics well well

JayM: Equipment with Elder property sells for just double, though. and is liable to break apart when used
Sarah is carefully inspecting every bit and piece she finds, finding curiosity in thorn metal and shattered table. She seems to have some interest in some of the sharp implements found nearby the potions
JayM: Also
Gavriel is… mostly concentrating on making sure there weren't any traps they missed, honestly.
JayM: [+5 AP/+165 XP]
Argent pockets the grenade, however
Sarah picks up a particularily nasty looking implement that seems full of points and bendy areas and seems to be more adept at torture than healing, and stores it away //"Ready?"
Jack‘ is shadowing Sarah for now, taking note of anythign she seems interested in.
Argent: "Ready."
Jack: "Quite!"
Gavriel nods.
Jnezdie tilts his head, responding curiously. "Ready…"
Jnezdie shakes off the feeling. "Let’s do it!"
Then, the party gets to head down to the next level of this building… Going further down the air here seems unusually dense, and makes you all temporarily light-headed, but it passes soon. There's no glowing vials here, or much of anything, because it seems like the place has been ravaged by gigantic explosions. Eevrything is thorn metal and there are vines growing out from under the
JayM: //broken metallic floor. Nature has a skill to retake anything

Argent: "…ech. Definitely seems like there was a big fight down here, though."
However, there is still light, from sparks of electricity that jump between the vines, from one side to another… The entire ground floor seems to be completely charged with electricity, there seems to be a safe spot or another around, though
Jack: "I wonder, over what? Hrmmm…"
JayM: Seems like you have also hit a sort of stairwell, going further down WILL require hopping over electricity, but not as much as scavenging the whole area
Jack: "…Electrical plants? Wonderful!"
Argent: "So, want to risk getting zapped for more stuff?"
Jnezdie shrugs. //"Don't have much of a choice."
JayM: //A simple Thievery [TN 4] will get you through to the other side! A more complex Thievery/Tinkering [TN 7] will get you to scavenge

Gavriel: "We've not found what Sarah was looking for yet, have we?"// He looks around for anything he could use as an insulator…
JayM: //Sarah has to tag along, though… Because at times the sparks fly wild, and staying in any one place is dangerous

Sarah: "No. The sails that work on winds of light are two more floors down"
[OOC] Argent: Where doing this man. Where MAKING THIS HAPENokay enough with Sweet Bro
Gavriel: "Well, that's our answer, then."
Jack: "… But think of how… interesting the plants are! Perhaps… we might procure a small sample, as we clear off this floor? Who knows, we might need to exit the lower levels in a hurry!"
Jnezdie then grins, conspiritorially. //"Let's pick it clean!"
Argent: "We're heading in, then."
Jack‘ knows a bit about being careful around electrical equipment. Plants are probably the same, right? [Expertise; TN is now 6] [Finesse] [Aptitude] [Dependable]
Argent picks through the vines, a bit knowledgable about not getting caught when fidgeting around in tight spaces; this is a large-scale version of the same thing… [Trick: have a reel roll two dice, drop the lowest]
Jnezdie has no special hand for handling electricity, and isn’t -especially- cunning, but he's not afraid to get his hands dirty. [1d8]
Gavriel has fought enough thieves to know some of their ways, and he can pick through the vines… [Lucky: Scoundrel] [Trick: Scoundrel] [Weighted Results: Scoundrel]
Jack‘ rolled d8+1 and got 5 for a total of 6
Jack` rolled d12 and got 10 for a total of 10
Jack` rolled d10 and got 4 for a total of 4
Jack` rolled 2d6 and got 2, 5 for a total of 7
Jack` rolled 2#2d8(1) and got 5, 1 for a total of 6
Jack` rolled 2#2d8(2) and got 6, 3 for a total of 9
Jack` rolled d6 and got 4 for a total of 4
Jack` got a total of 46
[OOC] Jack: 4 / 4! :D
Picking apart, jumping and moving through those vines is hard and dangerous, but you soon discover SOMETHING unusual! The vines have grown around and over wiring and cables to the point it’s impossible to discern where the cables start and where the vines end, had they always been like this, or have they ate them? Regardless, this makes it somewhat easier to disconnect some cables but
JayM: //brother, the power of the electricity here is humungous

Jack: "This place must have truely been something else, before it became ruins. Hmhmhm…!"// Jack's talking to himself again as he works no the wiring.
Argent: "hell of a fight given what it knocked loose."
Jnezdie: "All this power'd make my hair stand on a point if it didn't already."
Eventually, however, the party moves on to a room where a giant squarish thing is- It's made of charred metal and inside are… You Material people most specifically must have seen a dynamo before, and this thing looks like one, but it's so unbelievably tiny, it can't be generating all this energy? Plus what DOES fuels the dynamo itself? I'm sure the Transcient Town guys will notice that
JayM: //it's magicite keeping the dynamo running this is… A perfect balance of magical energy amplifying naturally-generated electricity!

Gavriel nods, to Jack. It's almost a shame, taking it apart like this without carefully noting down how it was put together… The engineers and scholars back home would- -he pauses, closing his eyes for a moment, before resuming his work.
JayM: And this thing's purring like a kitten for like forever, because clearly someone didn't build this in an ancient ruin
JayM: This is also likely what powers the floor
Jack: "P…perfection!!"
Argent: "Impressive. Didn't think they could make dynamos that small."
Argent: "…much less ones that'd generate so much power, if this is what's powering all the wires."
Sarah approaches the generator- And only Argent's fine hearing can make out the words she mutters //"(IATIS-6700… Pristine…)" as she examines the generator itself "Interesting…"
Jack: "The dynamo, and the magicite, the way it's balancd, harmonized… it's perfect! True, a work of art in a time long sense forgotten!"
Jnezdie: "Hahahaha, oh man, are you kidding me?"
[OOC] Jack: Truely^
Argent: "…IATIS?"
Jnezdie: "Few bookworms back at home that would love to glimpse this beauty."
Jnezdie: "Not that I'm not enjoying it myself…"
Jack: "No doubt! Though… well, moving it would be difficult, perhap. Hrmm."
Gavriel frowns and scratches his head. "How on earth-" -he stops. "…magicite. Of course." He looks dissapointed, but… at the same time, the technical achievement…
Sarah turns to Argent startled "Ah-" she smiles sheepishly, unsure of how to answer for a moment. And then points to something, at it's side. It's almost invisible so faded it is, but it's printed in the side, those exact same words
Argent: "Ah. …maker, or a name for it, I take it?"
Jnezdie leans in, focusing his eyes. "Itis? Ate-is? What?"
Argent: "It's probably a name. Either of whoever made it, whoever owned it, or of the device itself."
Sarah looks at Jack, looks at Gavriel, and looks at the generator. With unnatural ease she finds a button and presses it, turning it off, and finding two more latches none other saw opens it up, and removes the dynamo part easily, handing it oer to Jack. It's a third of the size of his hand…
Sarah than picks up the magicite, ordinary, like any you'd find around the Ethereal Kingdom [Lightning Gem]
Jack‘ blinks twice, and his jaw hangs open for just a moment before it’s replaced with a grin. He close shis hand around the device, then bring sit up to eye level. "Ha ha! Our fair maiden has a bit of an affinity for artifact retrieval, it seems!"
Jnezdie was leaning in on something- And he puts his hands on something that is on the nearby table and the thing starts making a hellish blaring noise! [Ancient Alarm Clock - Elder]
JayM: //It's- Kind of easy to turn it off for now

JayM: Also
Jnezdie: "Jeez
shut up!!"// He clasps it with both hands, silencing it.
JayM: //[+5 AP/+165 XP]

Argent: "Gaaaah."// Argent quickly puts her hands over her head to block out that horrid noise.
Gavriel blinks in… alarm.
Sarah: "This is pretty cool, you know"
Jack: "…"
Jack: "Gaaahahaha!"
If you take out her natural tiredness, she looks far more amused at YOU than at the findings
Sarah: "Well, I think that… All that is left is just this…"
Argent: "Sorry, can't make out what you're saying until my ears stop ringing."
Jack‘ carefully places the duynamo into a small pouch, then nods.
Jnezdie pockets the clock for good measure.
Gavriel nods… slowly. Hazardous, but… worth it. He could wish that every one of these wonders they find weren’t completely reliant on black-box systems and magical power, though…
Jack: "WELL THEN!"
Jack booms out for Argent's sake(?), "ONWARD AND DOWNWARD?"
Sarah: "Yes!"
Argent: "…ow…my ears…"
Jnezdie: "OKAY, HERE WE GO!!"
Argent cringes as everyone starts yelling
And the third floor, onwards you go- Skeletons
Gavriel refuses the impulse to yell. His cannon makes enough noise!
The third floor is littered with skeletons, of all races, and they lay over tables over which many metallic-spiderlike appendages with sharp edge loom omniously, springing forth from the walls. The skeletons are as old as dust, how come they are still there- Some of them, actually, seem to have metal in them. This one specially, a galkan skeleton… Almost wholly metallic
Gavriel frowns.
Jack‘ slows to a stop while still on the steps as the others descend. "Ah! Now… now the question is, do the bones rise up and…" Jack frowns as he takes in a wider view of the room, whatever comment he was making now lost.
Argent: "…the hell were they doing down here?"
There are over fourty tables there, all with skeletons over them, metallic claws looming over… and what is worse, as the party enters this room Jnezdie brushes on what is a small cloud of silvery dust- And it cuts. As if the dust was made of really, really tiny blades
Jnezdie leaps back in surprise more than pain.
JayM: //The cloud of dust floats lazily, immobile, as if stuck in time- And you notice that there are huge clouds of this dust all over place

Gavriel: "Well, that’s…"
Jnezdie checks the cuts on his arm…little cuts all over.
JayM: There's just one rather large bank of dust in front of the next set of stairs, but to explore fully, you'll have to deal with a lot of them
Jnezdie: "Watch out for…I can't believe I'm sayin' this, but— low flying clouds."
Argent: "…first webs, then electrified vines, and now dust clouds."
Jnezdie: "Hey, if rain were daggers- you get the idea, right?"
Jack: "…Well then! It appears as if the madam as brought us to a truely… fascinating place."// Jack nods to himself as his normal tone start to return.
JayM: //It's… Not going to be easy. Your best bet is just running through, you'll get a few cuts, but make through if you don't stagger midway. If you plan on doing an extended run, well… The cuts are small, standard medical applications should be enough to keep you running if you don't overly abuse and explore rooms cautiously and efficiently

Argent: "Anyway, let's see if there's anything worth taking."
Argent: "Done it for the last two floors, might as well do it for this one."
Jnezdie nods. //"Daggerclouds or not."
JayM: //Determination [TN 3] to go ahead or Determination/Medicine [TN 6]. One way or another, Sarah will go along, because she has to move onwards regardless of the path you take [Helpless - Autofail 1 reel]

Jack: "Hmm, this seems a fair bit out of my field of expertise, however."
Jnezdie: "Don't worry."
Jnezdie: "Set your mind and body as iron."// [Expertise: -1 to TN, it's now 5!]
Jack: "…perhaps it might be best to jsut press on? Though, if you're sure, hmm."
Argent: //Razor-dust clouds? She's been through worse. Much worse. [Determination: Set one die to 2d6]

Argent: [er, Finesse:Determination]
Gavriel grits his teeth. He did his time as a field medic, in emergencies… [Aptitude: Wilderness]
Argent: Add one Reel
Jnezdie inhales deeply, preparing himself for the thousand cuts of a forgotten era. [Dependable: Mental]
Jack: "Your right, Jnezdie!"// Jakc nods in head once, then begins to play an up beat little song, to help focus the mind on ignoring the pain! [Lucky] [Wieighted Results]
Jnezdie knows to take care of his body, too. [Aptitude: Wilderness]
Jack‘ rolled 2d6 and got 6, 5 for a total of 11
Jack` rolled d10 and got 2 for a total of 2
Jack` rolled d8+1 and got 7 for a total of 8
Jack` rolled d12 and got 12 for a total of 12
Jack` rolled 2#d8(1) and got 3 for a total of 3
Jack` rolled 2#d8(2) and got 6 for a total of 6
Jack` got a total of 42
JayM: //[4/4]!

It takes a lot of pain endurance, but you eventually manage to find things laying around… With enough looking you figure out that the only place this could have been was either a very bloody type of hospital or a a torture chamber. Let’s hope for an ancient hospital. There are, at least, many ancient broken vials of the same style used for potions nowadays, so hey it'd make sense. Sarah
JayM: busies herself with looking at the machinery and dust clouds, seemed greatly interested in those panels of black glass in the walls here and there
Gavriel is strongly betting against the 'hospital' hypothesis, and he's not excited about the return trip, but… at the same time, it's rare to find a ruin this pristine, and he can't help being fascinated by their findings.
You find a bin full of… It's long-since rotted clothing and such other personal stuff- Although you DO find something useful there. An ancient, old as the world rifle, but it seems to have such a sleek look and design that it'd match what's in the blueprints of the future right now
Jack: "…Bothersome, but seems as if we're fine! Good call, my man!"// Jack nods in apprioval to Jnezdie.
Argent: "Facility gone wrong, eh?"
JayM: //[Ancient Rifle - T2 Rifle, can fire once - Elder]

JayM: Some of the medicine is also still usable [x2 A Tonic - Elder]
JayM: Also [+3 AP/+100 XP]
Argent: "…nice gun. Looks like it'd fall apart the second someone poked it, though."
Jnezdie slowly extracts himself and two tonics from a cloud, and now that he knows of its nature, he's barely pricked.
JayM: And then you notice- It has the exactly same design as the one on Sarah's back
JayM: Even this green crest engraved on it matches the crest on hers
JayM: That should, however, be all
Gavriel raises his eyebrow at the gun. That's… huh. He scratches his head. //"Can… think of five people off the top of my head who'd like to get a good look at…" -one of those five people is him, naturally, and he's too distracted to immediately notice the resemblance.
JayM: //Ahem, let me fix

JayM: [+4 AP/+125 XP], actually
Argent: "Oi, Sarah. You familiar with this thing? Looks a lot like yours, albeit not in as good of shape."
Sarah looks at the rifle found, and is extremely interested in it. She looks it carefully, and specially stop to stare at the crest. She puts a hand over it and closes her eyes, smiling, and then she looks at Argent //"Mine is… A fixed version"
Argent: "I see. …I admit I'm not too familiar with guns and whatnot."
Gavriel raises an eyebrow at Sarah. "You mean these things can… be repaired?"
Argent: "Didn't she say that she'd change some of the money to fix stuff up before we set out?"
Argent: "Er, assuming you have the tools for that and are willing."
Sarah nods "It is… A skill I picked up" she smiles "You can't do it, though." she says matter-of-factly
Argent: "Hm. Maybe we should keep it in that case."
Jnezdie: "I suppose there's no helping it, then, yeah.'
Gavriel gives Sarah an even /more/ perplexed look out of the corner of his eye. This one's a good person to know…
Jack: "Well, we'll decide what to do with the haul, once we're clear! And, of course, have the entirety of the loot."
Sarah nods "Okay! Downwards, then. It is where the guardians should be!"
Argent: "Alright. Let's kick some guardian ass, then."
Gavriel: "Quite."
Jnezdie slightly unsheathes his blade, checking it, then clicks it shut into the sheath. "Alright!"
Jack: "Of course! But… not too quickly! The suspense must be built up properly first, especially as the first four groups could noy fell it…"
The longer he talks, the more mumbly his voice gets.
Gavriel: "I do find myself wondering how many even got this far. One turned tail and fled in the forest, so…"
Heading down, you end up in an area that is… Mostly empty? There isn't much of anything here, a very large open space light by a faint red light… Then you notice the origin of the light, further in the back are two… Things. They can be best described as turrets mounted on tops of big metallic blocks that apparently have crashed through the long-buried walls, when they weren't buried
JayM: //yet. Said turrets whirr and aim at you- they are strange because they are large dishes, with thin metallic beams forming a triangle over them.

Argent thwocks the floor with the pole. //"Stop thinking about how many failed already."
Jack: "How else will th audience know of how skilled our protagonist are, if those that failed are not mentioned!"
Gavriel might recognize what they are mounted on. "Overruner" was the name of those things? Large metal behemoths meant to carry weapons that run on hideous amounts of steam power and use threads to move. The entire Material army should have to the number of 5 of those ready for usage, and construction of those is hard, very hard, and are meant exclusively as an anti-evoker measure
JayM: //Those things, mind, have different build, but seem similar, and the turrets… Are entirely too different, because they're not cannons

Gavriel: "Why? When we succeed when they failed, it'll just- …what on earth are -those- doing h- no, they're… an older model, aren't they?"
And suddenly a loud noise like the alarm sounds! Klaxons are baring as walls, walls of pure energy and not the magical sort, form around you, putting you and the guardians trapped in the same enclosed space!
Sarah doesn't have time to escape, she is part of this battle!
Jack: "I haven't the faintest! Please do elaborate in the ensuring melee!"
Jnezdie glares between the two dishes.
Jack: "A battle against creature that possess no voice is an excellent time for exposition!"
Jnezdie: "Jeez. Makin' an awful racket."
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Gavriel [B]:2 Sarah [B]:4 Ancient Turret A [F]:5 Ancient Turret B [B]:5 Jnezdie [F]:6 Argent [F]:7
JayM: Jack!
Jnezdie grins. //"Sounds like they're -scared-."
Argent simply draws the pole. "Let's just smash them and be done with it."
Jack: "Ah so? But now, for mood music!"
[Life Song] [35D]
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+65 and got 5, 9 for a total of 79
JayM: //Pretty good mood music!

JayM: Gavriel!
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 369/392, MP: 38/38, LP: 30/100, SoS: 98
Gavriel takes a step back, gritting his teeth. //"The things they’re mounted on- there's a Material weapon like that, there are only five of them, and they're… ridiculously difficult to build!" He leans his head back and howls, loudly, and it echoes off the walls. [Forgotten Howl D20]
Argent: "Must be pretty good if you're getting panicky about it."
JayM: //The metal echoes Gavriel's howling

Gavriel: "They send two or three of them out against an army of mages. Let's just hope these things are rusty…"
Sarah closes her eyes and starts singing a soothing song //"ANI FUUME BAIM MIHN HAFEMIM AWER GADOWL…" [Life Song, 39D]
Jack: "Wonderful!"
JayM rolled 1d10+32 and got 6 ( Total: 38.0 )
Jnezdie: "Now that's a great duet."
One of the ancient turrets turns slowly, and the other synchs it's movement, and they both focus-fire a beam of red light at Gavriel!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 71 ( Total: 71 )
JayM rolled 1d10+56 and got 4 ( Total: 60.0 )
JayM: //[Twin Focus] 60 Fire Magical Ranged damage!

[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 384/444, MP: 80/80, LP: 78/100, SoS: 111 - Brave (2),Acc Up (2)
The other turret then fires not at the party, but beyond at the brilliant walls surrounding them! [Refractor Beam]
JayM rolled 5d100 and got 53, 19, 36, 83, 69 ( Total: 260 )
JayM: The beam hits and splits hitting every which way except Jnezdie for…
JayM rolled 1d8+84 and got 7 ( Total: 91.0 )
JayM: 91 Physical Ranged Fire damage!
Jack: "Hmmph! This is it! Much more dramatic than snakes and plants!"
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Argent [F]:1 Gavriel [B]:16 Jack [B]:29 Ancient Turret B [B]:29 Ancient Turret A [F]:36 Sarah [B]:37
JayM: Jnezdie!
Argent looks slightly toasted from the lasers
Jnezdie dashes between the beams, and cuts up at Ancient Turret A— a darkly charged slash! [Soul Eater, 38D]
Gavriel flicks an ear, growling.
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 8 for a total of 8
[OOC] Jnezdie: Crit
JayM: Good god, way to go
[OOC] Gavriel: have my babies
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+176,200% and got 4 for a total of 360.0
JayM: Tears a rightful chunk out of it!
JayM: [360]
JayM: Argent!
[OOC] Argent: HP: 343, MP: 70, LP: 35/100, SoS: 108
Argent: Argent decides to keep the momentum going, spinning the pole overhead and a quick and sharp yell, thrusting it at the opening in the one that Jnezdie had already wrecked
Argent: [Attack, 44d]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 93 ( Total: 93 ) for 80
It crashes loudly against the metal, and does nothing
JayM: Gavriel!
Argent: "Damnable."
Gavriel: "…well, then. He's giving us a lot to live up to, isn't he?"// Is he… talking to the hand cannon? Yes, he is. He aims at Turret A… [Full Assault D40 Auto-Hits]
Gavriel rolled d8+144,125% and got 1 for a total of 181.25
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 293/444, MP: 80/80, LP: 78/100, SoS: 111 - Brave (1),Acc Up (1),Sleep (1)
JayM: //[181] damage that's a lot of damage!

JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ throws back his head and he continues to jam out those three chords of life! [35D]
Jack` rolled 2d10+65 and got 9, 4 for a total of 78
[OOC] Argent: HP: 421, MP: 70, LP: 45/100, SoS: 108
Turret B turns to face Jack and fires an extremely quick beam, already turning to aim at the next [Burst Beam]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 )
JayM: It misses
JayM: Battle order: Ancient Turret A [F]:0 Sarah [B]:1 Jnezdie [F]:2 Argent [F]:9 Ancient Turret B [B]:11 Gavriel [B]:20 Jack [B]:28
Jack: "Ha ha! Your light is no match for my rock!"
Turret A repeats the feat [Burst Beam]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 33 ( Total: 33 )
JayM rolled 1d6+56 and got 6 ( Total: 62.0 )
JayM: And that is 62 Physical Fire Ranged damage
Jack: "Thats right, you know it! I’m ON FIREEEEE!"// Jack slams his head forward in time with the beats.
Sarah keeps on singing until she hits the last verse "MEL HALUB FLI ANI POWTX AT NIFIMWAT FEBAIM…" [Life Song, 39D]
JayM: //Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Argent [F]:7 Ancient Turret B [B]:9 Ancient Turret A [F]:16 Gavriel [B]:18 Jack [B]:26 Sarah [B]:38

JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie: "Come ONNNNNNNNNNNNN!!"// He strikes across the previous slash he gave Ancient Turret A, trying to make another dark-powered slice! [Soul Eater, 38D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 16 for a total of 16
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+176 and got 7 for a total of 183
[OOC] Gavriel: Julian how much actual HP did she heal there?
JayM rolled 1d10+32 and got 8 ( Total: 40.0 )
JayM: //There, my bad

[OOC] Argent: HP: 434, MP: 70, LP: 45/100, SoS: 108
JayM: Tsching
JayM: Argent!
Argent: "Alright, screw this…"// Argent foregoes precision, instead leaping for a brute-force whack against Turret A [Attack, 44D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 51 ( Total: 51 ) for 80
JayM: //connects!

Argent rolled 1d12+110 and got 6 for a total of 116
[OOC] Argent: Magic damage, of course
JayM: [116]! It's armor's as effect against magic as it is against melee
Turret B aims at Argent and the other turret synchs up! [Twin Shot]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 36 ( Total: 36 )
JayM rolled 1d10+56 and got 9 ( Total: 65.0 )
JayM: 65 Magical Fire Ranged damage!
Turret A then turns and quickly takes a [Burst Beam] shot at Sarah!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 96 ( Total: 96 )
Sarah adeptly blocks the shot with her rifle, but falls over on her tail when she does so
[OOC] Argent: HP: 356, MP: 70, LP: 60/100, SoS: 108
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Jack [B]:8 Ancient Turret A [F]:16 Sarah [B]:20 Jnezdie [F]:20 Ancient Turret B [B]:28 Argent [F]:33
JayM: Gavriel… Recovers!
Argent once again looks a bit toasted, ready to say something but only a puff of black smoke escaping her mouth
JayM: Jack!
Gavriel shakes himself to sensibility. […30D I think?]
JayM: Yes
Jack‘ continues to rock out, slamming down on the strings of his lute with probably unnecessary force as the life song continues on! [35D]
Jack` rolled 2d10+65 and got 10, 3 for a total of 78
Ancient Turret A then aims at and quickly fires at… The wall! And strikes everyone with a [Refractor Beam]
JayM rolled 5d100 and got 2, 6, 82, 71, 64 ( Total: 225 )
JayM: Hits everyone but Gavriel for…
JayM rolled 1d8+84 and got 6 ( Total: 90.0 )
JayM: 90 Physical Ranged Fire damage!
[OOC] JayM: HP: 91/272, MP: 48/48, SoS: 68
[OOC] JayM: I missed a couple of healings, a second
[OOC] Argent: HP: 344, MP: 70, LP: 70/100, SoS: 108
[OOC] JayM: HP: 181/272, MP: 90/48, SoS: 68
JayM: Well
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 312/392, MP: 38/38, LP: 30/100, SoS: 98
JayM: Battle order: Sarah [B]:0 Jnezdie [F]:0 Ancient Turret B [B]:8 Gavriel [B]:10 Argent [F]:13 Jack [B]:23 Ancient Turret A [F]:26
JayM: Jnezdie, then Sarah!
Jnezdie: "Don’t think you'll last much longer against us!"// He forces a third dark strike upon Ancient Turret A! [Soul Eater 38D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 48 for a total of 48
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+176 and got 5 for a total of 181
JayM: //It strikes with great force for [181]!

JayM: It is unfazed!
Gavriel: "…persistent sons of bitches. Like I expected."
Sarah then, done with the song for now, decides to attack- Except she has to run over there and fire at friggen point-blank to be effective [Attack, 42D]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 )
JayM rolled 1d8*0.75+24*0.75 and got 5 ( Total: 21.75 )
JayM: For a measily 21 damage as the rifle makes a LOT of noise and little damage
JayM: She seems inordinately tired after that
Gavriel frowns.
Argent: "…That was…huh."// Argent doesn't quite know what to make of that attempt.
Ancient Turret B then aims at Gavriel's frown, it's a nice targer [Laser]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 77 ( Total: 77 )
JayM rolled 1d8+84 and got 3 ( Total: 87.0 )
Jack: "…Good show, madam! An A for effort to be certain!"
JayM: //87 Physical Fire Ranged damage!

Jnezdie: "Don't hurt yourself more than you do them, Sarah!"
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Argent [F]:3 Jack [B]:13 Ancient Turret A [F]:16 Jnezdie [F]:28 Ancient Turret B [B]:28 Sarah [B]:32
JayM: Gavriel! Your revenge!
Gavriel takes a hit, snarling, but doesn't take the bait - he aims at Turret A again and fires at full strength! [Full Assault D40]
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 44 ( Total: 44 ) for 90
JayM: Hits!
Gavriel rolled d8+144 and got 2 for a total of 146
JayM: Starting to wear it down! [146]
JayM: Argent!
Argent gives Turret A another hard whack. God damn those things take forever to take down.
Argent: [Attack, 44D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for 80
JayM: They sure do, but you're doing it, slowly
Argent rolled 1d12+110 and got 9 for a total of 119
JayM: It echoes in the closed chambers
JayM: Jacks!
Jack‘ continues to bring life for everyone through he power of music! [35D]
Jack` rolled 2d10+65 and got 3, 5 for a total of 73
[OOC] Argent: HP: 417, MP: 70, LP: 70/100, SoS: 108
JayM: Healies
JayM: Battle order: Ancient Turret A [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:12 Ancient Turret B [B]:12 Sarah [B]:16 Gavriel [B]:24 Argent [F]:31 Jack [B]:32
Turret A decides to [Laser] Jack for his troubles!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 94 ( Total: 94 )
JayM: Except Jack is better
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jack: "Ohoho! Focus on the real actors!"
Jnezdie chops at Turret A’s neck while its firing at Jack! [Soul Eater, 38D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 21 for a total of 21
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+176 and got 6 for a total of 182
JayM: Tchang! It leaves a nasty mark
Turret B gets revenge for Turret A and takes a quick [Burst Beam] shot at Jnezdie!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 )
JayM: It's fast and innacurate
Jnezdie backflips out of the line of fire!
Jack: "Excellent, excellent!"
Sarah takes a few deep breaths [Wait, 17D]
JayM: Gavriel!
Jack: "Now I must wonder if you can work in an attack with those sorts of acrobatics!"
Gavriel shakes his head! [D30]
JayM: I believe you are stunned yet
Jnezdie: "Hah, just did! Watch for the changes and try to keep up!"
JayM: Both turrets are ready to ire! They [Twin Focus] twice at Jack!
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 34, 93 ( Total: 127 )
JayM rolled 1d10+56 and got 2 ( Total: 58.0 )
JayM: He is hit only once for 58 Magical Fire Ranged damage, though
Jack‘ prepares a witty retort but is pumped full of lasers instead!
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jack [B]:1 Sarah [B]:2 Jnezdie [F]:19 Gavriel [B]:23 Ancient Turret A [F]:36 Ancient Turret B [B]:36
JayM: Argent!
Argent: "…could you learn to stop putting your head in the way of that cannon?"// Argent shakes her head as she moves to get another thwack in on Turret A. Damn sticks never seemed to be good enough against machines…[Attack, 44D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 80 ( Total: 80 ) for 80
JayM: //ALMOST enough impact

JayM: You hit!
Argent rolled 1d12+110 and got 7 for a total of 117
JayM: Jack!
Jack` heals himself! And the others by proxy! [35D]
Jack` rolled 2d10+65 and got 6, 5 for a total of 76
[OOC] Argent: HP: 434, MP: 70, LP: 70/100, SoS: 108
Sarah decides to be helpful! She goes back to firing range (melee) and fires at Turret A!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 31 ( Total: 31 )
JayM rolled 1d8*0.75+24*0.75 and got 6 ( Total: 22.5 )
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:4 Jack [B]:17 Ancient Turret A [F]:17 Ancient Turret B [B]:17 Sarah [B]:25 Argent [F]:25
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie: "You’ve got the right idea!"// He strikes again and again at Ancient Turret A, with dark energy! [Soul Eater, 38D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 25 for a total of 25
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+176 and got 5 for a total of 181
JayM: //And the dish goes flying off, and the turret stops moving!

JayM: Back row exposed!
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel: "Hahah, that's more like it."// He grits his teeth and fires an armor-piercing bullet at Turret B. [Sneak Attack D40]
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 65 ( Total: 65 ) for 90
JayM: //Hit!

Gavriel rolled d8+72 and got 8 for a total of 80
JayM: It makes a hole, for sure
JayM: Jack!
Jack: "That's the way, Jnezdie! Don't slow down, I'll continue to back you up!"// [Life Song] [35D]
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+65 and got 10, 9 for a total of 84
The ancient turret makes a horrible grinding noise as it aims at Jnezdie, and then beeps a few times, and it starts charging power [Overcharge Lazer, CT30]
Jnezdie: "Not stopping for anything! Keep the good times rolling, Jack!"
Jnezdie: "Oh, what- you mad?"
Sarah: "… Oh, not… Jnezdie, watch out!"
Sarah is looking desperate for some reason, and goes over and fires at the turret!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 )
JayM: //Misses wildly and the rifles flies out of her hand

JayM: Argent!
Jnezdie: "Don’t you worry, Sarah! Hustle back to the back and I'll cut this next beam in two!"
Argent: "That does…not sound gooddamnit…"// Argent braces for potential impact. This…could be not good. [Defend, 27D]
JayM: //Battle order: Sarah [B]:0 Argent [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:13 Gavriel [B]:19 Ancient Turret B [B]:22 Jack [B]:27

Gavriel …frowns. And then peers at Sarah, but- Jnezdie's- hn. He'll just… keep up the relentless assault!
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:6 Ancient Turret B [B]:9 Jack [B]:14 Argent [F]:14 Sarah [B]:29
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie raises his katana, then slips into a back stance, guarding his body with the blade! //"Give me your best shot, ancient tech!" [Defend, 29D]
JayM: //Gavriel!

Argent: [er, crap, meant to be 30D]
Gavriel nods. That's more like it! Meanwhile… another armor-piercing bullet, to the same spot! [Sneak Attack! D40]
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 70 ( Total: 70 ) for 90
Gavriel rolled d8+72,125% and got 4 for a total of 95.0
[OOC] Argent: Same turn order regardless, now that I think about it
JayM: Pow, even more damage!
The turret finishes charging, and fires an extremely bright red beam of light directly towards Jnezdie! And while it might seem at first like it'd be a giant beam, no, it's very thing and precise, but even the ones farthest away can feel the heat it gives off!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 )
JayM rolled 1d12+490 and got 10 ( Total: 500.0 )
JayM: 500 Physical Ranged Fire damage!
Jnezdie 's katana -does- split the beam, ever so slightly…it definately saved his life.
[OOC] Jnezdie: HP: 66/392, MP: 38/38, LP: 70/100, SoS: 98
Sarah winces and is… Just… Straight out amazed when Jnezdie is still standing
JayM: Jack!
Gavriel: "…Jnezdie!"// He watches- and boggles that he's still standing.
JayM: //Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Argent [F]:3 Sarah [B]:15 Jnezdie [F]:15 Gavriel [B]:32 Ancient Turret B [B]:38

Jnezdie: "…heh…yow…that is going to leave a -burn-."
Argent: "Oi, someone get medical attention on him immediately!"
Jack: "Ha ha ha! The tension in the air on that one! The drama, and excitement! Wonderful, marvelous!"// Jack shouts over his lute and he continues hammering through the upbeat three chord melody. [35D]
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+65 and got 3, 5 for a total of 73
JayM: //Argent!

Argent: "As for this piece of crap…"// Argent lines up for a whack at the currently-standing turret
Argent: //[Attack, 44D]

Argent rolled 1d100 and got 46 ( Total: 46 ) for 80
JayM: Pow!
JayM: It hits
Argent rolled 1d12+110 and got 1 for a total of 111
JayM: Those things have no evasion, gopherit
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie: "Here’s what I got to say to you about that, turret…"// He points his katana at the turret, then jerks open his shirt to show the burned spot. It's in the middle of a silver pattern.
JayM: //Or Sarah first if you want

Jnezdie: "You just signed your own death warrant."
Jnezdie runs forward and slices
[Night Sword, 38D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 54 for a total of 54
JayM: Hits, clearly
Argent facepalms. //"…I don't think the turret cares whether or not you strip in front of it, Jnezdie."
Jack: "No, but the audience loves it!"
Argent: "…what audience."
Jnezdie strikes, and both of them glow red— the turret's light dims and Jnezdie's grows brighter.
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+88 and got 7 for a total of 95
Sarah: "Still hanging in here…"
Jack: "The future audience, that will be watching retellings of this tale!"
JayM: //Jack feels… Something! [95!] A life force inside it that his blade drains!

JayM: Is this thing alive? Is there something alive inside it?!
Argent: "I find it a little creepy that you're going to memorize and describe his shirtlessness to people that none of us know."
Sarah takes a deep breath and starts singing again! [Life Song, 39D]
JayM rolled 1d10+32 and got 5 ( Total: 37.0 )
Jack: "Why would I descibe, when the future actor can show!"
JayM: Battle order: Gavriel [B]:0 Jack [B]:3 Ancient Turret B [B]:6 Argent [F]:15 Jnezdie [F]:21 Sarah [B]:22
JayM: Gavriel!
Jack: "I am gathering material for the greatest opera the world has yet seen, my lady!
Gavriel chuckles raspily, aiming another bullet while he's got the shot lined up… [Sneak Attack!! D40]
Gavriel rolled 1d100 and got 58 ( Total: 58 ) for 90
Gavriel rolled d8+72,150% and got 2 for a total of 111.0
Jnezdie: "Well, you know what they say-"
JayM: Same spot, ever and ever again!
Jnezdie: "'If you can't be shirtless in front of someone you don't know, you'll die alone.'"
JayM: Jack!
Jack: "Baahahaha! I love it!"// More music! [35D]
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+65 and got 6, 4 for a total of 75
Argent: "…ech. Spare me."
Argent facepalms, voice tinged with disgust at the thought
Gavriel hasn’t… heard that one before, actually. But…
The turret's aim falls back towards Argent, the only target apparently out of synch with the rest of them, and fires a [Laser]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 )
JayM rolled 1d8+84 and got 2 ( Total: 86.0 )
JayM: //86 Physical Ranged Fire damage!

JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Jnezdie [F]:6 Sarah [B]:7 Ancient Turret B [B]:21 Jack [B]:23 Gavriel [B]:25
JayM: Argent!
[OOC] Argent: HP: 348, MP: 70, LP: 80/100, SoS: 108
Argent: Argent simply glares death at the turret. //"You stay the hell out of this!" Right before leaping up to deliver a hard thwack to the turret [Attack, 44D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 37 ( Total: 37 ) for 80
Argent rolled 1d12+110 and got 3 for a total of 113
JayM: //It does leaves a mark

JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie: "Now— back to work!"// He buttons back up his shirt and runs at the remaining Turret, attacking with a dark blade! [Soul Eater, 38D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 47 for a total of 47
Gavriel rests his muzzle down the barrel of his gun - smelling the gunpowder, the brass, the polish - keeping his eye on the crack in the tank's armor. He's got to focus…
JayM: //Back to work indeed

Jnezdie rolled 1d10+176 and got 8 for a total of 184
Jack: "Serious, no sass and full or spunk! But… those sorts of ladies are gaining popuatiry these days, aren't they? Well, I'm sure she's someone's perfect heroine, ha ha! A nice contrast to the exuberant youth, if nothing else!""
JayM: [184]!
JayM: Sarah keeps singing her [Life Song]
JayM rolled 1d10+32 and got 3 ( Total: 35.0 )
[OOC] Argent: HP: 383, MP: 70, LP: 80/100, SoS: 108
The turret then fires… Straight at the wall behind you!
Jnezdie rests his katana on his shoulder for a second. //"Hmm…is that so, Jack? The second sentence there."
JayM rolled 5d100 and got 61, 9, 28, 46, 93 ( Total: 237 )
JayM: //Hits everyone but Sarah!

Argent: "Hey, don't you start dragging me into these dramatizatioGAAH!"
JayM rolled 1d8+84 and got 2 ( Total: 86.0 )
JayM: Physical Ranged Fire damage!
Jack: "Well, so they say! You never can truth and author of novels though!"
[OOC] Jack: an%
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Gavriel [B]:2 Jnezdie [F]:21 Argent [F]:21 Sarah [B]:23 Ancient Turret B [B]:28
JayM: Jack!
[OOC] Argent: HP: 297, MP: 70, LP: 90/100, SoS: 108
Jack‘ starts slamming on his lute strings even harder! The show will go on! [35D]
Jnezdie coughs and rolls from the latest bit of blast, and stands back up, ready to fight again!
Jack` rolled 2d10+65 and got 6, 10 for a total of 81
Argent: "Hit me one more damn time, I dare you…"// Argent seems to glare and gesture to the turret.
JayM: //Gavriel!

[OOC] Argent: HP: 378, MP: 70, LP: 90/100, SoS: 108
Gavriel: "(…shit.)"// He straightens up, having lost his focus. "Fine, then…" He howls! [Forgotten Howl D20]
JayM: //Power up!

JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Argent [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:1 Sarah [B]:2 Ancient Turret B [B]:7 Jack [B]:14
JayM: Jnezdie!
Jnezdie darkly cuts downward on the Turret on the edge of Gavriel’s howl! [Soul Eater, 38D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 71 for a total of 71
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+176 and got 10 for a total of 186
JayM: POW! Full power strike!
JayM: Argent!
Argent once again launches a staffwhack at the turret. Thankfully, it's not one of those mage staves.
Argent: [Attack, 44D]
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 99 ( Total: 99 ) for 80
JayM: Gophrit-
JayM: Argent is about to land a hit directly at the center of the dish, when it fires!
JayM: Thankfully the staff deflected the shot, sadly the shot deflected the staff
Argent: "Damnit!"
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel waits for Argent to get out of his firing solution, and then… blam! [Full Assault D40 Auto-Hit]
Gavriel rolled d8+144,125% and got 7 for a total of 188.75
JayM: Blam!
Sarah also sings her song of life!
JayM rolled 1d10+32 and got 2 ( Total: 34.0 )
The turret uses it's [Refractor Beam] again!
JayM rolled 5d100 and got 19, 34, 2, 10, 67 ( Total: 132 )
JayM: Hits EVERYONE, just EVERYONE for
JayM rolled 1d8+84 and got 7 ( Total: 91.0 )
JayM: 91 Physical Ranged Fire damage!
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 353/444, MP: 80/80, LP: 96/100, SoS: 111 - Brave (1),Acc Up (1)
JayM: Battle order: Jack [B]:0 Ancient Turret B [B]:23 Jnezdie [F]:24 Argent [F]:24 Gavriel [B]:27 Sarah [B]:27
JayM: Jack!
[OOC] Argent: HP: 321, MP: 70, LP: MAX/100, SoS: 108
Jack‘ pulls his dagger out of tis sheath and bonks Gavriel on the head. //"Brush those spinning stars and birds away, my man!" [Attack] [18D]
Jack` rolled d100 and got 68 for a total of 68
Jack` rolled d6+8 and got 6 for a total of 14
[OOC] Jnezdie: dear sir - he is already awake
JayM: //No takebacks

[OOC] Jack: oh fuck that was - aghahah the wrong thing
The Ancient Turret sets it’s sight on the Varg… And starts charging! [Overcharge Lazer, CT30]
Argent: "…I don't think that that'll wake him up any more than the lasers did."
Jack: "… Whoops! You - oh ahaha I do apologize! Let me fix that right up."// Jack grins sheepishly and starts the [Life Song] back up. [35D]
JayM: //Wait before that, Jack gets to act again

Jack: 1roll 2d10+65
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Argent [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:3 Sarah [B]:3 Jack [B]:29 Ancient Turret B [B]:29
JayM: Roll that, brother
Gavriel gives Jack a perplexed look. //"…I'm fine. It's okay." He can't help a very slight grin… and then he raises an eyebrow at the turret. Oh, /really/?
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+65 and got 8, 8 for a total of 81
JayM: //Jnezdie!

[OOC] Argent: HP: 402, MP: 70, LP: MAX/100, SoS: 108
Jack: "I’m afraid this is why I shouldn't try and guess the outcome of a scene! I was ten lines too early!"
Jnezdie laughs, kicks off from the ground and delivers a spinning strike of darkness! [Soul Eater, 38D]
Jnezdie rolled 1d100 and got 54 for a total of 54
Jnezdie rolled 1d10+176 and got 1 for a total of 177
JayM: Not as effective! [88]!
JayM: Argent!
[OOC] Argent: Can I see turn order?
JayM: Battle order: Jnezdie [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:3 Sarah [B]:3 Jack [B]:29 Ancient Turret B [B]:29 Argent [F]:38
JayM: Er
JayM: >_<
JayM: Exchange yourself and Jnezdie
[OOC] Argent: 'sokay, I got it
JayM: I added delay in the wrong place
Argent quirks an eyebrow, and…waits?
Argent: [Wait, 20D]
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel stares right down along the turret's developing firing solution and howls a challenge! [Forgotten Howl D20, reapplying]
JayM: Power UP
Sarah's singing grows somwhat desperate! [Life Song]
JayM rolled 1d10+32 and got 7 ( Total: 39.0 )
The turret, somehow, SOMEHOW seems defiant to Gavriel's howl. You're not sure how you're reading it in it's mechanical, emotionless body
JayM: Battle order: Argent [F]:0 Gavriel [B]:3 Jack [B]:9 Ancient Turret B [B]:9 Jnezdie [F]:18 Sarah [B]:22
JayM: Argent!
[OOC] Argent: HP: 434, MP: 70, LP: MAX/100, SoS: 108
Jnezdie: "Don't you worry, Sarah, Uncle Gav's tough."
Jack: "One should hope so!"
Argent: And then Argent starts to brace herself, gathering herself up for something as water droplets seem to flow inward toward her pole as she whirls it overhead… [Critical Magnum
CT 12]
Sarah stares at Argent, there's a certain twitch to her movement reminiscent of a scared beast
JayM: Gavriel!
Gavriel grins out of the corner of his mouth, and just… walks -towards- the thing, putting himself at point-blank range, adjusting settings on his hand cannon the entire time. He's got this one. [Defend D25]
JayM: Jack!
Jack‘ continues lpaying furiously! Better make sure Gavriel’s ready to eat that fat laser! [35D]
Jack‘ rolled 2d10+65 and got 2, 5 for a total of 72
JayM: Battle order: Ancient Turret B [B]:0 Argent [F]:3 Jnezdie [F]:9 Sarah [B]:13 Gavriel [B]:19 Jack [B]:35
The turret finishes charging, and fires a thin beam of bright red light! The entire room feels warmer just from that!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 64 ( Total: 64 )
JayM rolled 1d12+490 and got 3 ( Total: 493.0 )
Gavriel responds to the turret’s assault, reflexes tuned to a sharp point, by abruptly firing the gun, with a loud- almost a bark, really, showing no fear in the face of the assault - the end of the cannon is overtaken by a bright, blinding light, spreading to meet the laser, diffracting it, absorbing its energy!
[OOC] Gavriel: HP: 198/444, MP: 80/80, LP: 100/100, SoS: 111 - Brave (1),Acc Up (1)
Sarah seems to be… Really, really impressed
JayM: Argent!
Gavriel turns his back to the thing and walks back into position, coolly, smoke venting from his hand cannon in thick trails.
Jack: "Fannnnntastic!!"
Sarah: "You're… Awesome, Gavriel"
Jnezdie: "I hope you thought that would work, Gav- I was just guessing with that bit of sword magic I did back there."
Jnezdie: "(But, I mean, we don't have to mention that part, right?)"
Gavriel just… comes the closest to a grin you've probably seen since he joined the group.
Argent: "Convergence and divergence, penetrate and destroy! This ends now!!!"// Argent smashes the end of the staff behind her, a plume of water erupting from the ground behind her…as she leaps in the air toward the turret…
Jack‘ stages whispers back to Jnezdie "(Of course not! Well, not early on!)"
Argent: "CRITICAL MAGNUM!!!"
Argent rolled 1d100 and got 15 ( Total: 15 ) for 70
JayM: //And that hits!

Jack: "W-what
Jack: s this?! Calling an atack! Oh my! I’d - never of guessed!"
Argent: …right as she hits it harda tower of explosions erupting from the point of impact, even
Argent rolled 1d12+330 and got 4 for a total of 334
Jnezdie laughs uproariously! //"I knew there was a spark in there, somewhere!"
The finisher blow simply turns the ancient turret into pieces, sending shards flying all over the place and breaking open the metal box that makes the base that the turret was set on
Sarah moves faster than you'd expect someone of her health to, she hides behind Gavriel, clearly for some reason scared of Argent's move
Jack: "And the called blow ends it! And an angelic at that! The encounter couldn't of written itself more beautifully!"
Gavriel makes an excellent shield. Also, wall. And he doesn't particularly seem to mind.
Argent turns back to the group, quirking an eyebrow with an expression that basically says "…what?"
Jnezdie applauds when Argent gives them the eyebrow.
The broken open machine is… Strange, because you have never seen innards like those before! You'd expect and Overruner to have pipes and wires and probably a very large boiler… But not this. There's a lot of armor and casing, there's this… This engine isn't supposed to work, is it? It doesn't even has pistons and what are all of those thin, brittle green plates with tiny, tiny knobs
JayM: //of various colors in them?

JayM: And of course there is no pilot seat
Jack‘ is right there with Jnezdie, clapping!
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 38, 38 ( Total: 76 ) **
Gavriel salutes Argent. //"Well done." He then- walks forward, knowing what he’ll find, and then stopping -dead- still when it's… not at all what he expected. "What on earth?"
JayM: //Nothing looks scavangeable, sadly…

Jack: "Hmm? Is something amiss now that the guardians are destroyed?"
Sarah takes a few breaths and looks relieved. She goes over to the one that's been busted open, and looks at it. She purposefully searches for something… A rectangular black box with thin wires coming out of it. She places her hands on it and solemnly mutters a prayer, you can't hear what she says, but it's something about a lesser brother
Argent: "…I was just killing the opponent. Nothing more."// Before turning to the busted-open wreckage "Guess this isn't what you'd expect of this?"
Sarah then goes over beyond them, and there's a set of double doors. There's no handle, and the make a squeeeeeeeaky noise when she approaches… But do nothing
Gavriel: "Not at all what I'd expe-"
-he pauses. "(Blasted black boxes. I wouldn't stake my life on those things working.)"
Jnezdie: "Moves fast, doesn't she?"
He sheathes his katana and catches up to Sarah, further opening the door.
JayM: //The door is rusted in place, ubut a tiny bit of forcefulness will make it open!

Jack‘ tilts his head to the side, then stands up straight. Ah yes, the fair maiden’s noble goal is within sight!"
Argent: "…hm. Stand back, everyone."
Gavriel: . o O ( until she trips over her own ankles and- ) That's not a very nice thought. He follows.
Inside is… What can best be placed as a storeroom for spare machinery parts. Sarah heads inside, and looks around until she finds what she was looking for! It's a large thing that looks like a metal hoop with some intricate design. She sets it against the wall //"Wonder if it works…"
Jack: "I'm sure we all are!"
Argent: "…Indeed. I presume there's a way to get this work?"
Sarah turns around, so that her back's facing it. She closes her eyes and focuses, and the thing… Seems to want to float- And then it moves slightly towards floating behind her back, but then it starts to spark and then goes *puf* and falls over dead "Aww… This Voiture Lumiere isn't working" she says, kneeling to look at it "I'll fix it… Later"
Jack: "…! Hmm!"
Jnezdie scratches the side of his head. "Suppose there's no wind in the sails?" he offers.
Sarah then stands up, and looks at you "Well… This is the mother lode, I guess. Everything here's broken…. I could fix something, though but… It's going to take me a lot of energy. So, your payment now, you prefer the money, for some repaired gear?" she says with a calm smile
Sarah shakes her head at Jnezdie "More like a hole"
Argent shrugs. "I'd prefer the money, though I presume Gav over here would want a gun fixed."
Jnezdie: "Ah, well- sorry you couldn't get it in pristine condition, Sarah."
Jack‘ waves Sarah off. Seems he’s not picky on the payment.
Gavriel: "…if I said I wasn't… interested in that tech, I'd be lying through my fangs."
Sarah looks at Jnezdie "Well. Tie-breaker?"
Jnezdie: "Aw, fix up the rifle at least, give Gav a bit o' scratch-behind-the-ears about it."
Sarah nods, and extends her right hand, left behind her back "Here, give me it, i'll have to use what's in here"
Gavriel earflicks at Jnezdie, hmphing good-naturedly. "…I'm glad we were the ones to actually break through."
As Sarah recieves the rifle she looks at it carefully "You know… It'll loose a bit of potential firepower if I fix it for constant use, or I could give it limited ammo, but it'd be good for whenever"
Sarah: "What'd you prefer?"
Gavriel tilts his head to the side. "…the former option, I believe. Progress is made by constant steps and struggles… So it is with technology as well."
Sarah nods, and goves over there to work on the rifle… She opens up the rifle and it has a lot of extremely tiny parts, things that even a moogle would find all but impossible to deal with. She doesn't exactly messes with them directly but with groups of parts, she puts things in places and removes things, and picks up ancient tools and uses them, some of them dead and powerless until
JayM: //she picks them up with her hands, when they come to life, just for her. She dismantles the rifle, opens it, closes it, and she seems to be getting extremely tired as she works in it. She eventually finishes, and the end result isn't a rifle. Before she can explain she stands up, and staggers

Argent blinks
Jnezdie looks to Jack, an unsaid comment about waiting for later acts.
Jack: "Ahh… the much beloved 'power up' gained after toppling a powerful foe! And the madien is quite the tinkerer!"
Gavriel watches, and- the little pieces come to life in her hands, and he takes a deep breath. That's…
Jack: "A skill I'm sure will save us all that the last possible second in a later act! Listen to that hum!"
Sarah chows down another white pill, and then shows Gavriel something that looks like a barrel extension for his hand cannon, except it's slightly larger, it's probably meant to fit on it barrel itself, it's made of golden metal //"Put it on the barrel, and check it out"
Gavriel bows to her, deeply. From anyone else - a thing that he doesn't understand, can't fix if it breaks - he wouldn't want to let it touch the weapon, but- he trusts Sarah, for some reason, and so he takes the extension, and with a tiny bit of tinkering of his own - nothing nearly so fancy - and a bit-back swear as the brass tries to nip his claw-
Gavriel stands, after a satisfying 'click'. "…there. Now, what will…?"
Sarah: "Fire it, try it out"
Gavriel raises an eyebrow, takes a deep breath… and aims at a corner of the room that's filled with neither team members, nor lost technology. To the spirit of empiricism!
The Instead of the expected fire, what it DOES fire is a gigantic lance of bright white light, light that has an actual backblast that makes your entire body shake and tremble! You could probably keep this going for a small while if need be, but it'd make hard to move right after!
JayM: //[Magna Buster - T2 Rifle - Holy Strike, +1 to Full Assault's mod but causes Stop instead of Sleep]

JayM: This WILL attract unwanted attention
Sarah: "It… Uses a power source there is only in ruins, though…"
Sarah: "Someday, it'll run out of power. It'll warn you beforehand, though""
Jnezdie whistles, shielding his eyes.
Jnezdie: "Are you -literally- shooting magic, Gav?"// He grins, mockingly.
Jack: "Ho ho ho!"
Gavriel blinks… several times. To clear the afterimage out of his eyes, or- or- He stretches his hand out to find the modification to disable- and then breathes a slight sigh of relief. He- puts forth a visible, valiant effort to not look the gift horse in the mouth- "-thank you, my lady. I promise you, I'll put it to good use." But- how- what-
Argent: "That…what the hell…"
Sarah: "… The ancients, did not consider magic and technology separate"
Jack: "That… is a 'power up'!"
Sarah: "I'm researching that, their history… (Their legacy)"
Jack: "Splended, splended!"
Jnezdie: "Seriously, Sarah, ever spent any time in Transient Town?"
Sarah: "That is where i'll need your further help"
she looks through the things in here, and comes up with an ancient map. It shows buildings, in silver, and the terrain in brown. Waters in red, too, what is strange, and is full of numbers and strange symbols"
Argent: "So, I presume that's what this 'test' was about."
Sarah smiles "My final objective will be close by enough, I can visit"
Gavriel tilts his head, gives her a Look. Magic and technology - ritual and reason, natural law and its transgression, progress and stagnation- these things are all opposites, have been for as long as men have walked the earth, and yet- with his eyes, he's seen the ancient ruins. He closes his eyes, keeps them closed for a moment, opens them again. "…I'll help."
Jack: "Extrapolate, Jnezdie! She knows of bard magic, she must have been there once or twice before!"
Jnezdie: "Hm. I just figured it was a really good singing voice."
Jnezdie: "In any case
" He flashes Sarah a victory sign. "Thanks for visiting!"
Jack‘ laughs loudly, slapping Jnezdie on the back once good naturedly.
Argent rolls her eyes at the two more ’energetic' members. "Anyway, assuming there's further pay involved, I'll continue the job."
Sarah giggles at Jack, but continues, drawing in the map a path "We're here" she points, and makes a path following lines of silver, that are clearly not buildings but marked with same color, she stops in four different buildings before pointing out a big one, which, if you compare with an actual map, should be right under Transcient Town "That's the path i'm making, the one relic I fully
JayM: //want is here
"
Jack‘ nods his head.
Sarah: "I want to stop by the other ruins, see what there are in them, to learn more, but my real target… "The storage of knowledge" it is in there"
Sarah: "Also… You probably noticed, I keep a lot of secrets… I can’t reveal them but, I won't keep them secret if they can help, alright?"
Argent: "Right."
Jnezdie nods sagely. //"It'll keep our business life entertaining."
Jack: "I wouldn't have it any other way!"
Jack: "There's nothing worse than an early reveal!"
Sarah then stands up "Ah, right" she looks at a corner, and picks up four white rods that were lying there "Those things are dangerous, take them out of here"
Sarah: "Well, uhn… How about we go get a real map first, then we get on the move, then?"
Gavriel chuckles. Secrets have a way of outing themselves, information desires its freedom, and… until that point, he trusted Sarah enough to let her mystical bullshit touch his gun, he can trust her a bit further.
Jack‘ nods vigorously.
Jnezdie: "I like how your reaction to something dangerous is to hand them to -us-."
Argent: "…huh."
Argent stares at and grabs one of the rods
Jack: "You wouldn’t have the maiden carry them herself, would you Jnezdie?!"
Jnezdie: "Oh no no…of course not. I need a rod to amplify my dangerosity."
Jnezdie takes one.
Sarah doesn't lets any of you approach the rod "No, don't. Heh… Actually, these, they kill anything that approaches"
Sarah: "Except me, strangely, because of my sickenss"
Jnezdie opens his mouth in a wide, surprised smile, hands up in the air.
Argent: "…starting to question whether that is actually a sickness or not, at this point."
Jack: "…hmmm…"
Sarah will, in fact, let anyone brave enough actually approach once they've been warned. It doesn't do anything- until you actually touch it, then it feels like the skin that touches it is burning with flames, if you try
Jack: "(And a dark sense of humor to boot! Interesting…!)"
Jnezdie: "Just one touch, just o— yeeeeeeeeeeeeeow!"
Sarah: "I'm sick… I can't live without my medicine, I can't breath properly, i'm tired all the time and I sleep far too often, I have barely enough strength to raise my rifle"
Gavriel didn't go anywhere near the magic rods, no. :|
Gavriel does, however, glance towards Sarah… "You'll have us helping you, now. It'll be easier.
Sarah: "Come on, now. We better go, before we find anything else dangerous in here"
Jack: "Well then, let us be off! To sell the spoiled of the dive, and to rest!"
Argent: "Well, if you say so."
Sarah nods "Thanks!"
JayM: //[XP: 2475 Gil: 495 JP: 20

JayM: From the turrets
JayM: Session end!
Argent: "…and whatever you do don't include me in whatever twisted theatrical number you intend to write…"
Epilogue
Darkness, nothing but darkness in her view. Words, she craved for words, sound, but she could not make do with those, it would have to be written. //"LC broken, needs SCW. Group OK, Type Hero. 70% mass loss. One wielding CAPSHIP class weapon at 2% output. ZZZZ"
End Epilogue//

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License