Cz 18

Contact Zero - Mission 18: Gloryhunter
Rohius picks his nose with his gun.
It's a carriage. A nice carriage, but not fancy. It doesn't bounces at all as you travel, valkurians appear to have invented an ethereal version of car suspension before actually developing engines of any sort, how curious. The carriage is dragged along by a large, flat sort of insect. The thing appears to the eye like a disk of chitin with twelve evenly-spaced legs around it, you couldn't
JayM: discern where it had eyes or mouth, but the couch, a rather elderly cherub, seems to control it somehow
Inside the carriage you are with Bloodsun, he sits at one side alongside Hauser, the others on the other side. Because the two of them occupy just that much bulk, problems of winged folk "Well, how're you feeling right now?"
Hauser presses her gauntlet against her face, lost in thought. "Go over the mission parameters again, if you don't mind."
Bloodsun: "Was about to get to it. To be sure, I hope you're not jarred at the sight of undead"
Hauser: "…Not my favorite."
Rohius: "I get more vased than jarred, but hey."
Bloodsun: "But it's pretty simple, my 'master' would like you tested and i'm going to pre-emptively do that, by tossing you at a local problem that showed up with rather fortuitous timing"
Rohius: "Ooh, are we going to be fired out of a cannon, catapult, or trebauch- oh, you mean 'toss' figuratively, right?"
Fortunata: "Well… normally my kind of studies would put me at an advantage. But I kind of did my own thing, and I haven't figured out sealing yet."
Fortunata grins. "Swords still work, at least."
Bloodsun: "A cadre of necromancers has come to the capital… And those are dangerous folk, they feed on the power of the dead and raise them for their own goals. That said, their most dangerous aspect is how skilled they are at being inconspicuous. They're known to get in and out of cities unnoticed, carrying away the remains of the powerful"
Fortunata: "…what?"
Fortunata: "How do you remain inconspicuous carting off dead bodies?"
Bloodsun: "They're very easy to hide?"
Hauser: "…I guess the trick is, you don't get greedy."
Hauser: "They aren't looting mass graves or anything. They target specific candidates. Right?"
Bloodsun: "The objective is first tracking them down and then dispatching them. Once you've located them, pick one or two to fall on and relay me the location, i'll grab the others"
Bloodsun: "Yes, normally they just pick one or two of the best crystals in the mausoleum"
Fortunata: "…crystals, huh? Reminds me of another story…"
Bloodsun: "They appear to have an agenda that requires a lot of power and they are intelligent"
Rohius: (…wait, of course even their dead bodies are different… they become crystals…)
Hauser: "Roger. So head into the mausoleum, pick one target, set you on the other one."
Bloodsun: "More or less. I haven't figured out where exactly the yare hiding for now nor when they will strike. Soon as we arrive we start searching."
Bloodsun: "Alright, any more questions? The trip's going to take a while, so it's not like we lack time"
Rohius: "The necromancers are 'kill on sight', right?"
Bloodsun: "Yes"
Rohius: "Just making sure."
Rohius: "…any rites we need to perform on the… undead?" He asks this delicately, in case there's anything needed to be done to purify the desecrated bodies.
Bloodsun: "Nah, just break them apart. If you can leave their core crystals intact i'm sure their families would like it, but I wouldn't press you to risk your lives for that"
Rohius nods.
Rohius: "Right then. That's all from me."
Thus, little to be said, time passes. Perhaps fortuitous or not, you arrive at the capital as far from nightfall as you will get, as the sun starts to rise… You approach what can only be called a city-fortress. Great walls of obsidian rise around it, from the first glance it seems to be as large a capital as the planetary capital of some backwater worlds. The carriage takes you in, a
JayM: wave from Bloodsun is all that is needed to eschew whatever normal methods of entry are there, and you continue in undisturbed. It has in fact been a couple of days.
As you enter… You are welcomed by a sight you were expecting, but are not used to. The style is ancient, buildings made of the same obsidian stone, you could only call this medieval style, althoug htere are subtle things to notice. Along the streets you notice holes covered in heavy metal grating, signs of an underground sewer system, but you also notice pipes made of bronze coming out
JayM: of the sides, inconspicuously, of some buildings, traced over them arcane runes. Water system, perhaps?
You also notice a lot of… Armed men on the streets. Police, this doesn't seem like an opressive presence, just very good coverage. They are friendly to the locals who come to them. Perhaps the most unusual thing to notice, however, is what seems like a… Lattice of gossamer crystal above your heads. That is completely unexpected. You know valkurians cannot fly, but seems that the
JayM: lightsider wings can catch on this lattice and carry them around, akin to flying, perhaps, but much more limited. It appears the most common method of travel
Hauser keeps her voice low, speaking in a hush to Fortunata, nodding to indicate one of the grates: "…Well, now we know how they're moving about."
Fortunata: "Lovely."
Bloodsun: "Heh. Welcome to the capital of-" there is a moment where he says something but the translation software cannot work through it. That momentary stagger is enough to know the software's struggling, and it just throws back at you the same vocalization he used "Astarion" "
Rohius keeps his eyes peeled for… crap. Necromancers? Steorotyping says black robes, medieval gothic appearance, but no one would be so stupid as to flaunt it openly…
Soon enough you stop, it's in front of a… Well, you can't call it a run-down little residence since everything here is sculpted to last, and you know that, but it's old and uncared for. Bloodsun steps down "Alright, we split here, i'll search on my own, you too" he hands Hauser a map parchment "That shows where the twelve mausoleums of the capital are, two of them house great heroes of
JayM: the past, it's good to look at those first "
Rohius: "…I'm thinking stakeout at the mausoleum- wait, TWELVE?"
Bloodsun: "When you're ready to contact me just send someone to this house i'll have my brother waiting here to send me the message"
Hauser nods to Bloodsun, taking the parchment.
Bloodsun: "Well, you know, big, big capital. Can't make do with just one"
Hauser: "We're not going to have to check all twelve."
Hauser: "How long have you had the problem?"
Bloodsun: "They have been a problem for almost a year, but they only arrived here in like, what, should be three weeks by now"
Lynne follows along, taking a close interest in something odd about the houses. Architecture, maybe? Or… Perhaps something odd about what it's made out of…
Hauser dances her gauntlet through the air, wavering a finger across possibilities on the map, before -
Hauser: "…They'll be right here. Let's get this in one and move out, team."
Rohius: "…if I may ask, what makes you sure?"
Fortunata: "Hunter's intuition!"
Hauser: "Let's leave it at that for now."
Hauser: "It's all right here on the map, anyway."
Hauser leads the way.
Bloodsun just scratches his head "Well, i'll leave you to your methods" he waves as you leaves, taking off to a different direction
Rohius doesn't argue the point, as he lacks an idea on where to start searching. He plods along, keeping an eye out.
Lynne: "…right, business first. After this, I want to find out about the origin of these stones," Lynne taps the side of a house with a knuckle before following.
JayM: I was going to ask for a Streetwise/Insight [TN 4] in order to make a decision
JayM: But if you got a big plan go ahead
JayM: Either way
As you make your way to the mausoleum that Hauser pointed out, you find out that… The city is in fact abustle and as busy as you'd expect out of a capital. This one isn't as close to the center, but there are still a fair bit of wealthy people living here, the middle-high class in a way.
Hauser doesn't make eye contact with passers-by, stalking straight forward to the gates of the crypt.
The mausoleum is a four-story structure, built of the same stone as the city, adorned with glass and silver. And by adorned the meaning is that there are entire walls built of stained glass, supported by silver frames. In fact the central tower is built entirely of glass, shining many colors.
JayM: Wild guess it's glass-magicite because actual glass, at least one built at their tech level, wouldn't quite survive like that
Lynne: "I wonder if they even realize the sheer potential of these materials." Lynne absentmindedly mentions as she continues examining the buildings.
JayM: There aren't many people around, although those who are look, not quite joyous, but contemplative
Hauser: "Reminds me of my sword, honestly."
Hauser steps into the mausoleum, pushing the gate open carefully, listening with intent.
Inside you hear… Chanting. Gentle, soft chanting. It strangely reminds Hauser of the din of the battlefield where magicians reside on both sides. Yet this chanting is, though deeply inspired by the base sounds of spellcasting, simple prayer. Across from the doorway is a large hall, the entire first floor is actually one giant room, the walls are lined with crystals, crystals much akin
JayM: to the one left by the wife of Gigio
All the crystals are of various colors, all opaque and perfectly cut into eight-sided shapes, they do not need support to stay aloft, doing so at their own pace
Rohius: "…"
Rohius doesn't crack any jokes.
JayM: Although the most observant of you might notice a stark difference between her crystal and those. All of those are colorful, hers had a distinct lack of color
JayM: Still, let's have a Danger Sense [TN 6] check
JayM: Yes it is hard
Hauser: "(Locals are pretty lucky, aren't they?)"
Hauser: "(We just end up as meat.)"
JayM: Although this is a far more proactive than reactive check a 'look for danger' rather than 'does danger sneak up on you' check
[OOC] Hauser: I got nothing here.
Fortunata: "It's good for the earth, or so I'm told."
[OOC] Rohius: what catagory is danger sense?
[OOC] Hauser: wilderness.
[OOC] Lynne: Wilderness
[OOC] Lynne: good luck with that :V
[OOC] Rohius: aptitude
Fortunata: "Still… something seems off." [Lucky]
Rohius 's neck hairs stand up.
[OOC] Fortunata: That all?
[OOC] Lynne: yup, I have nothing
Fortunata rolled 5d8 and got 7, 5, 6, 4, 3 ( Total: 25 ) for TN 6
Also rolled 1d8+1 and got 7 [Total: 8.0 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 33.0, Avg: 5.33
[OOC] Fortunata: Bingo.
[OOC] Rohius: whew
You stay and watch, carefully and respectfully. You can't seem to discern who might this necromancer be at all… Yet a moment of insight and good hearing, a slight dissonance in the chanting. Intelligent, the necromancer is taking the prayers the others offer as a way to disguise his own enchantments, obfuscation spells that should hide his movements very well. Provided he is allowed to
JayM: finish them.
The necromancer is that one, an erynies dressed up in simple and somber clothing, just like every other one here, a robe as do most of the winged folk here wear, although far from being sinister it is at best poor. He is among the closest ones to the crystals, actually
JayM: How to proceed from here, now
Fortunata: "(So… how to do this in good graces…)"
Rohius: ( "…that one. Shall I do the honors?" )
Rohius: "(I was thinking of shooting him.)"
Hauser: ( "Approved, Rohius." )
Fortunata: "(It's a bit of a gamble, but we're already in the lion's den, so…)"
Rohius hefts his rifle. BLAMMO.
JayM: Critical hit! He has no idea you are even there! Roll me that and we start the fight
Rohius: "WHY HOWDY-HO, MISTER NECROMANCER!"
Rohius rolled 1d12+120*1.5 and got 2 ( Total: 182.0 ) **
Rohius: "We're having a special on horrific deaths here today! Handing out free samples to fuckers like you!"
Hauser draws her sword. "This is a holy place, after all."
[OOC] Rohius: how many frontliners do we have?
Fortunata: "Well, I had hoped we'd have taken this outside… I'm not sure how quickly necromancy works here."
A direct hit- But the power of the bullet is deflected by his robe somehow? He quickly moves away, tossing it aside revealing light armor beneath. He's prepared for a fight "Curses, how'd you find me?" his scarves immediately move behind him as he backpedals towards the crystals and the others escape. They grab one, bringing it in front of him, energy flowing through them into him from
JayM: the crystal, sparks of golden energy jupming from him to the crystals behind him
JayM: Battle order: Lynne [B]:0 Rohius [B]:3 Necromancer [B]:3 Fortunata [F]:4 Hauser [F]:4
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [==========]
JayM: Lynne!
JayM: http://youtu.be/OqwBVKxoW7c <- Also have a theme
Fortunata: "Well, shit."
Rohius: "We didn't so much as find you as you just suck so much."
Hauser rolls the knuckles of her gauntlet. "…No matter whose legacy you borrow, it won't be enough."
Fortunata: "Much appreciated if you put it back when you're done."
Hauser nods to Fortunata. "That chore's probably going to fall to us, isn't it…?"
Fortunata: "It always seems to, but I think it's really important in this case."
Lynne gestures as a light shines through the glass wall, only illuminating the red stained panels - "Your plans will fall apart if you lack the wit to carry them out!" [Berserk, 20D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 11 ( Total: 11 ) for CoS 80
As crimson light shines over it, the necromancer shakes his head wildly. Berserk(6?)!
JayM: Rohius!
[OOC] Lynne: 6 yeah
Hauser shrugs with a huff. "Brilliant shot, Lynne."
JayM: The spell he set in motion, however
JayM: Still haven't been broken
Rohius begins convulsing. "Biomatter generation online. Ph levels lowering to .1. Safety protocols engaged. Fire!" He then vomits acid at the necromancer!
Rohius: (d 43)
Rohius rolled 1d6+144 and got 4 ( Total: 148.0 )
JayM: It will definitely hit, yes!
Rohius rolled 2d100 and got 71, 87 ( Total: 158 ) for 35% for poison and blind, 4
[OOC] Rohius: aw
JayM: At least it is a direct damage!
Rohius frowny faces. "I need a more efficient splodey-spell." Then an idea hits him.
JayM: Battle order: Necromancer [B]:0 Fortunata [F]:1 Hauser [F]:1 Lynne [B]:17 Rohius [B]:43
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [==========] Berserk(6)
As the Necromancer growls, three of the crystals from the walls rise up… And stone from the ground and walls detaches, attaching themselves to it, forming a casing of stone. Heavy stone, taking a humanoid form. Golems, with the crystals as the core. [Join Battle] x3
Targets: Fortunata
The Necromancer himself, however, pulls out a rod, spinning it and causing silvery sparks to fly, and jerks it towards Fortunata, delivering a [Rodspark] on her
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 52 ( Total: 52 )
JayM rolled 1d8+84,75 and got 2 ( Total: 64.5 )
JayM: For [64] Physical Melee damage since he's in the back
JayM: Fortunata!
Hauser: "Switch to ranged arms. Let's see if we can't avoid collateral damage."
Fortunata: "Understood! Bit System, form up!" [Change Gear, 14D]
[OOC] Lynne: If that's it, then I'm only gonna stick him with something if berserk is about to run out so he can't run or buff the golems. debuffing the others instead
Fortunata 's shield splits into its component parts and start hovering around her.
[OOC] Hauser: Yup, sounds like a good plan. I'd dualcast blind on two diff golems on your next action, prob?
Hauser: "Following your lead!" She sheathes her sword and levels her shotgun at the necromancer. [14D]
[OOC] Lynne: I'll ask for HP bars on my turn so I can see names, if we're dealing with golems A, B, and C here or three different types
JayM: And Fortunata and Hauser again!
JayM: Battle order: Fortunata [F]:0 Hauser [F]:0 Lynne [B]:2 Bolem C [F]:15 Golem A [F]:15 Golem B [F]:15 Necromancer [B]:18 Rohius [B]:28
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [==========] Berserk(5)
JayM: Status for Golem A [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Bolem C [F] : [==========]
JayM: Here
[OOC] Lynne: thanks!
JayM: You have a Bolem, too
[OOC] Rohius: …I'm betting that's not a typo.
Fortunata: "Alright, let's start with a sweep attack! Now go!"
Hauser: "Hold it!"
Hauser: "If we can at all leave the golems intact…"
Hauser: "…"
Fortunata: "Holding- oh!"
Fortunata: "E-excuse me!"
Hauser: "Right. They're the enemy, but they're… Ahem!"
Rohius: "Just the crystal cores!"
Fortunata: "Then… just focus on the leader!"
Hauser levels her shotgun at the Necromancer, waits for the right moment - there's a buzz, and a thin cone of glowing, magitek shot blazes forth. [Charge Blast - 54D]
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for C80
JayM: Strike! A perfect hit!
All three golems move to intercept, putting their hands on the way and absorbing a portion of the damage
Hauser spins her gun, bleeding off some of the initial heat, and aiming once more- "Ether circuits are locked. Eat this!" The gun glows bright white as she fires shot after shot.
Fortunata points at the Necromancer, and the bits hurl themselves at him like a series of javelins! [Attack, 54D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 12 ( Total: 12 ) for 85/5
Hauser rolled 1d12*2+220*2 and got 2 ( Total: 444.0 ) for critical hit!
Fortunata rolled 1d12+200 and got 3 ( Total: 203.0 )
JayM: A direct strike from the bits!
JayM: The golems try to swat them out of the air as they close in
Hauser: "Hmph. Guess there's no way around them. Belay that order, team. Attack and destroy."
[OOC] JayM: 294] [53
Fortunata: "Jeez…!"
JayM: They're pretty protective
[OOC] Rohius: …terrain type, mr. gm?)()
Fortunata: "Well, fine! Invoke my wrath at your own peril!"
JayM: Lynne!
JayM: It's Artificial
Rohius looks down, then up, and gets an idear.
[OOC] Lynne: hmm… I should probably poison first, while they're at full, since we don't know what kind of damage they're capable of quite yet I think
[OOC] Rohius: Poison necromancer, blind a golem?
[OOC] Hauser: sounds good to me!
[OOC] Lynne: yeah, I'll blind C, take down A or B first
[OOC] Fortunata: I can shove golems around with my Row attack, and since I'm in ranged mode now, it doesn't matter WHICH row I target. As long as my MP holds out, anyway.
Lynne incants and gestures as violet beams of light from the windows settle on the necromancer - but at the same time, the other panels seem to suck light outside of the room. [Dualcast, Poison on Necromancer and Blind on Bolem C, 30D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 10 ( Total: 10 ) for CoS 80 Poison
Rohius: (LAWL)
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 ) for CoS 80 Blind
Rohius: (..nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu)
JayM: The powers of radiance, the necromancer is poisoned, although you find it hard to blind that with no eyes
[OOC] Lynne: it was good while it lasted! Rohius, is acid T:single or group?
[OOC] Rohius: t: single.
[OOC] Lynne: okay
Golem A kind of bends it's knees, arms flexed, charing for an [Obliterate]
[OOC] Rohius: I'm thinking of using terrain. 45% cos of slowing each person.
Golem B runs ahead and simply smacks Lynne with a [Grave Slam]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 82 ( Total: 82 )
[OOC] Lynne: -mashes virus key aaaaaaa-
JayM: Missing wide
[OOC] Lynne: that Terrain sounds like a good idea!
Golem C shakes it's head, staring at Lynne… Streaks of crimson cracks forming on it's head, where the eyes are, like the streaks of tears. As that happens, dark water rises up around you, lashing at your limbs, grabbing them [Cursed Tears]
JayM rolled 1d10+144 and got 5 ( Total: 149 )
Also rolled 1d100 and got 39 [Total: 39]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 188
[OOC] Lynne: oh god dualcasting uses up 200 MP I'm just single casting for now
[OOC] JayM: 149] Magical Water damage and Curse(4)!
[OOC] Lynne: ffffffffffffffff
[OOC] Rohius: Holy water?
[OOC] Rohius: Or terrain?
[OOC] Lynne: if we have some, I'll use it on my turn, no worries
Targets: Hauser
The Necromancer then uses it's [Rodspark] on Hauser
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 84 ( Total: 84 )
JayM: Missing wide
Hauser bats it out of the way with her gauntlet.
JayM: Battle order: Rohius [B]:0 Lynne [B]:4 Fortunata [F]:16 Golem A [F]:22 Necromancer [B]:23 Hauser [F]:26 Golem C [F]:33 Golem B [F]:43
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [======= ] Berserk(4) Poison(5)
JayM: Status for Golem A [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Golem C [F] : [======== ]
JayM: Rohius!
JayM: Hrm?
JayM: How did that golem take damage?
Rohius: "Right then. Activating geomancy system. Energizing. Leylines found, targets confirmed. Activate!" (Artifice's embrace on front row.)
Rohius rolled 1d8+72 and got 5 ( Total: 77.0 )
Rohius rolled 3d100 and got 1, 35, 80 ( Total: 116 ) for 45% for slow 4
[OOC] Rohius: that's two!
JayM: A and B are slowed!
Rohius sends a surge of energy through the ground, corrupting the magic the necromancer used to form the bodies, making them even more sluggish.
Azure lines spread through the ground, entering the golems, the very stones of their bodies rebel, displacing, slowing them
JayM: Lynne!
Rohius: (d 38)
[OOC] Lynne: okay… Then maybe we take down C first, and I'll debuff A further?
[OOC] Rohius: sounds good
Lynne gestures, even the purple light from before vanishing… [Blind on A, 20D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 68 ( Total: 68 ) for CoS 75
[OOC] Lynne: because obliterate is going to suck
JayM: And darkness befalls the strange senses of the golem, Blind(6)!
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata: "Bit System, drive 'em back! Let's see a smashing success!"
The bits swoop up a fair distance overhead, then unleash a blistering barrage of laser fire into the front lines! [Maxwell's Hammer, 59D]
Fortunata rolled 3d100 and got 86, 45, 56 ( Total: 187 ) for 85/5
Fortunata rolled 1d12+200 and got 7 ( Total: 207.0 ) for 40% to push
Also rolled 2d100 and got 86, 28 [Total: 114 (High), Avg: 57.00]
Total: 321.0, Avg: 40.33
JayM: They continually barrage the front line. As the front gets hit they defend themselves and they force C into the back!
Fortunata: "Heheh! So it begins! Dance for me!"
JayM: Battle order: Golem A [F]:0 Necromancer [B]:1 Lynne [B]:2 Hauser [F]:4 Golem C [F]:11 Rohius [B]:16 Golem B [F]:21 Fortunata [F]:53
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [======= ] Berserk(4) Poison(5)
JayM: Status for Golem A [F] : [====== ] Slow(4) Blind(6)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [====== ] Slow(4)
JayM: Status for Golem C [F] : [==== ]
Golem A finishes charging, and jumps, landing with terrible might, shaking the entire mausoleum like an earthquake, sending shockwaves throught the entire room [Obliterate]
JayM rolled 4d100 and got 15, 5, 53, 15 ( Total: 88 )
JayM rolled 1d12+391 and got 1 ( Total: 392 )
JayM: Dealing [392] Physical Melee damage to Hauser and Fortunata and [294] to Rohius!
JayM: Lynne manages to keep her footing
Lynne maneuvers behind a pillar, letting it absorb the shockwave for her
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 536/1041 | MP: 798/798 | SoS: 260 | Normal
Hauser grits her teeth, hologram-wings shedding feathers as she climbs back up from her knees. [294]
Targets: Fortunata
Fortunata: "…hmph! Alright, we need to take care of these golems, NOW."
And the Necromancer delivers a [Rodspark] pn Fortunata!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 31 ( Total: 31 )
JayM rolled 1d8+84 and got 1 ( Total: 85 )
JayM: Dealing [63] Physical Melee damage!
Rohius: "Hauser, if you have any power moves, use them! I'll copy!"
Hauser: "Alright, watch this."
JayM: Battle order: Lynne [B]:0 Hauser [F]:2 Golem C [F]:9 Rohius [B]:14 Golem B [F]:19 Necromancer [B]:32 Fortunata [F]:51 Golem A [F]:65
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [====== ] Berserk(3) Poison(4)
JayM: Status for Golem A [F] : [====== ] Slow(3) Blind(5)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [====== ] Slow(4)
JayM: Status for Golem C [F] : [==== ]
JayM: Lynne!
Fortunata: "…kinda pathetic. You
Fortunata: "You'd think you'd work on your staff-arm a little more, in case you didn't have any bodies at hand."
Lynne repeats the same set of gestures. [Blind on Golem B, 20D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 50 ( Total: 50 ) for CoS 75
JayM: And darkness befalls B!
JayM: Hauser!
Hauser slams a cartridge into her shotgun, and the barrel begins humming loudly, buzzing a brilliant blue. "Here's your setup, Rohius. Ether circuits engaged and targets are locked." [Shock Drive - 54D] She aims at Golem A!
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 ) for 80/10
Rohius 's "tattoos" flare up.
JayM: A direct strike, no defenses against it
Hauser fires a spray of brilliant silver shot at the golem. There's a momentary pause, and then with a boom of thunder, a blinding blue flash connects from the barrel to where the shot landed -
Hauser rolled 1d12*1.25+400*1.25 and got 4 ( Total: 505.0 ) for magical lightning damage
Rohius: "Assessing technical emulation. Adjusting biobattery. Bioelectricity and Thunder magicite engaged."
Hauser tosses Rohius a cartridge as steam billows out from the joints of her armor.
JayM: The terrible strike of lightning, the electrical arcs cut better than blades, the plasma of the lightning melts even rock, crushing the golem, sending it to pieces across the ground
Rohius catches it. Is the crystal intact?
JayM: The core crystal falls with a soft clinking sound, a single scratch on it's otherwise unwarred surface
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius EATS the cartridge.
[OOC] Hauser: HP: 425/722, MP: 728/828, SoS: 180 [========]
Rohius: "Assimilating technology. Safety disabled. FIRE!"
Rohius rolled 1d100 and got 17 ( Total: 17 ) for 85/15
Rohius rolled 1d12*2+135*2 and got 1 ( Total: 272.0 )
[OOC] Rohius: On C
Rohius aims at the lower torso, trying to perserve the crystal…
[OOC] Rohius: 53 d
Rohius: "…my gut feels like it's on fire…"
JayM: A direct hit! The ground around shines azure, brilliant lines. As the fire shot leaves the barrel of your gun the ground shatters and breaks, as the lightning is let loose your a terrible energy well up from inside, evrey cell of your body drawing out as much power as it can and delivering it through your hands to your gun, for a moment it feels like you're going to catch fire, but suddenly
JayM: steam erupts in a spiral cloud from the lines as you cool
[OOC] Rohius: as you cool-
Rohius: "EEEEEEEEYAAAAAARGABLE!"
The lightning strikes at it's lower torso, delivering great damage. Not as ready to deliver this strike as Hauser's armor is, however, it lacks sufficient power to just finish it off
JayM: But it's about ready to fall
Hauser nods approvingly to Rohius.
Golem C just hurls itself forward, towards Lynne, for a [Grave Slam]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 63 ( Total: 63 )
Rohius: "i feel tingly everywhere and I can hear the light flowing through the window…"
Fortunata: "You know, Rohius, sometimes your enthusiasm is utterly terrifying."
Hauser: "We'll make an Imperial Knight of you yet."
JayM rolled 1d12+180 and got 11 ( Total: 191 )
JayM: Dealing a feeble [95] Physical Melee damage across two rows
Rohius: "NOT! SO! LOUD!"
Hauser: "Fortunata. My Battle Armor's offline. Be careful."
Rohius shakes his head as he readjusts himself.
Lynne grunts. "I'll ask them to hit quieter then."
Golem B then starts charging up as well for it's [Obliterate]
Fortunata salutes quickly. "Understood! Don't worry, I know how to deal with that!"
JayM: Battle order: Lynne [B]:0 Necromancer [B]:12 Fortunata [F]:31 Golem B [F]:34 Hauser [F]:36 Rohius [B]:47 Golem C [F]:51
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [====== ] Berserk(3) Poison(4)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [====== ] Slow(4) Blind(6)
JayM: Status for Golem C [F] : [= ]
JayM: Lynne!
Rohius: "…did it work? Is it- Oh crap it's getting ready again."
JayM: Battle order: Lynne [B]:0 Necromancer [B]:12 Fortunata [F]:31 Hauser [F]:36 Golem B [F]:41 Rohius [B]:47 Golem C [F]:51
JayM: Ahem, fixed delay because Slow also affects CTs
[OOC] Hauser: yessss <3
Hauser smiles. "Got this one covered."
[OOC] Hauser: I can cut it by 3/5 with Fortress!
Rohius: "…Hauser, do you feel like you're peeing on a transformer whenever you do that, or is it just me?"
Lynne fires a shot at C, trying to pry open that little crack in its shell [Attack, 50D]
Fortunata: "Hauser isn't reconstructing the technique biomechanically."
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 20 ( Total: 20 ) for CoS 75
Fortunata: "Or… whatever the hell it is you do."
JayM: Strike!
Hauser: "I think the term the cadets generally use is " boiled lobster "."
Lynne rolled 1d12+135 and got 11 ( Total: 146.0 )
Rohius: "…biomagical temporary restructuring to copy magical effects. I think they drained three mimics of their blood to get me to do that."
JayM: A direct hit, strikes right at the damage that's been done to it. The rocks crack and fall apart. The crystal falls to the ground, rolling away
The Necromancer continues to have his mind out of control, and attacks once more
Targets: Rohius
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 64 ( Total: 64 )
JayM rolled 1d8+84,50 and got 5 ( Total: 44.5 )
JayM: A cross-row strike for [44] Physical Melee with it's [Rodspark]!
Lynne: "One left. At this point we may wish to take down the culprit, perhaps capture the golem intact for study?" Lynne realizes, not entirely sure if they'd be allowed to even keep it.
JayM: Battle order: Fortunata [F]:0 Hauser [F]:5 Golem B [F]:10 Necromancer [B]:14 Rohius [B]:16 Lynne [B]:19 Golem C [F]:20
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [==== ] Berserk(2) Poison(3)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [====== ] Slow(4) Blind(6)
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata: "Let's just end this debacle, then! Open fire on the leader!" [Attack, 54D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 69 ( Total: 69 ) for 85/5
JayM: Connects!
Fortunata rolled 1d12+200 and got 6 ( Total: 206.0 )
[OOC] JayM: 156]!
JayM: The last golem is still trying to defend it's master!
Rohius: "…I'm going to see if the necromancer has anything good…"
Fortunata: "Still feel up for persistence, Lynne?"
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 473/1041 | MP: 673/798 | SoS: 260 | Normal
Hauser points her shoulder forward, plates on her armor clicking open. "Even the earth itself… has to get through me!" [Fortress - 44D] [Stance: Allies gain 4/5 defense factor, 3/5 vs. group damage, like Obliterate]
JayM: Defense! Nothing shall get through!
Lynne: "It won't take much longer, not with that hex I placed before sapping his vitality."
The Golem then jumps, landing back down with titanic strength. The powerful shockwaves from [Obliterate] roll through the party
JayM rolled 4d100 and got 45, 67, 77, 90 ( Total: 279 )
Also rolled 1d12+391 and got 1 [Total: 392]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 671
JayM: Dealing [392] to Hauser and Fortunata and [294] to Lynne! Rohus manages to shield himself from the shockwaves!
Rohius jumps.
[OOC] Lynne: Before DF?
[OOC] Hauser: before, yeah
[OOC] Hauser: You'll be taking something like 176
Fortunata stumbles in an ungraceful heap, and it's a while before she gets back up. "Tch…."
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: ! 238/1041 ! | MP: 673/798 | SoS: 260 | Normal
Targets: Fortunata
The Necromancer, still sapped of vitality and mind both, uses it's [Rodspark] on Fortunata
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 7 ( Total: 7 )
JayM rolled 1d8+84 and got 2 ( Total: 86 )
He hurls spars for [64] Physical Melee damage!
Fortunata: "You. You annoy me."
Hauser deflects some of that with [Fortress.]
JayM: Battle order: Rohius [B]:0 Lynne [B]:3 Necromancer [B]:31 Hauser [F]:33 Fortunata [F]:38 Golem B [F]:61
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [=== ] Berserk(1) Poison(2)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [====== ] Slow(3) Blind(5)
JayM: Rohius!
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: ! 187/1041 ! | MP: 673/798 | SoS: 260 | Normal
Rohius: "Permission to assimilate Necromancer."
Hauser: "Granted."
Rohius does so! Assimilate! d 33
JayM: Rohius learns [Memento Mori]!
JayM: Lynne!
Rohius: "…well that was… different."
Rohius shakes his head.
Lynne takes aim at the necromancer for a moment- but at the last minute changes her mind, refreshing her influence over its mind! [Berserk 20D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 34 ( Total: 34 ) for CoS 75
JayM: And the hex lands again
JayM: And you act yet again, whoa
Lynne returns to her normally scheduled lasering-his-face-off. [Attack, 50D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 ) for CoS 90 curse wore yey.
[OOC] Lynne: dlkjsdlkdjdslk;fjds;lkjfl;kd
[OOC] Lynne: Figures, curse never made me miss once, but now that it's gone…
JayM: A laser off in the distance, you hit a glass pane
Targets: Hauser
The Necromancer continues to randomly drop his [Rodspark] at someone, this time Hauser
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 96 ( Total: 96 )
JayM: Missing his shot wide
JayM: Battle order: Rohius [B]:0 Hauser [F]:0 Fortunata [F]:5 Golem B [F]:28 Necromancer [B]:31 Lynne [B]:40
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [=== ] Berserk(5) Poison(1)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [====== ] Slow(3) Blind(5)
JayM: Rohius and Hauser!
Rohius nods to Hauser. "After you."
Hauser: "Still stablizing my systems. Hate to disappoint." She fires a blast at the Necromancer, plumes of exhaust jetting out from the sides of her gun's barrel. [Cool Blast - 54D]
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 ) for 80/10
Hauser: …But she misses!
JayM: Missed, not close enough even
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius shrugs and fires at the necromancer's face.
Rohius rolled 1d100 and got 20 ( Total: 20 ) for 85/15
Rohius rolled 1d12+120 and got 9 ( Total: 129.0 )
JayM: A direct shot to the face!
[OOC] JayM: 79]! as the golem shields it
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata hunkers down, and the bits swoop in to provide shielding. [Steel Will, 34D]
JayM: Defensive form!
Golem B, now alone, start charging up another [Obliterate]
Targets: Lynne
The Necromancer now strikes at Lynne!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 33 ( Total: 33 )
JayM rolled 1d8+84,75 and got 1 ( Total: 63.75 )
Hauser: "We're going to have to eliminate it."
JayM: Dealing [63] Physical Melee damage
JayM: Battle order: Fortunata [F]:0 Lynne [B]:1 Rohius [B]:14 Hauser [F]:15 Necromancer [B]:25 Golem B [F]:31
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [== ] Berserk(4)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [====== ] Slow(3) Blind(5)
JayM: Fortunata!
Rohius: "I'll use acid on it."
[OOC] Hauser: Man, I wonder if we COULD take out the necromancer before the golem launches obliterate.
[OOC] Hauser: I don't have my Drives up, so… probably not? Hm.
[OOC] Fortunata: I could risk a shadow attack, which has a bit more power behind it.
[OOC] Hauser: Yeah, worth a shot.
Fortunata is still a little shaky, but belts out an order to the bits surrounding her: "Focus fire on the last golem, and engage those reserve energy sources!"
The bits line up in close formation, drawing in shadowy energy in a large, crackling mass, before releasing it out as a torrent of violet-colored beams at Golem B! [Shadow Raid, 54D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 33 ( Total: 33 ) for 85/5
[OOC] Fortunata: WRIA Shadow?
JayM: As an undead
JayM: It's A: Shadow :<
Fortunata rolled 1d12+250 and got 9 ( Total: 259.0 )
Fortunata: "…shit. I'm really out of my element here."
JayM: A powerful strike yet sadly, the dark anima that powers this golem lives on this element
JayM: Lynne!
Rohius: "…Lynne. Can you berserk it?"
Lynne: "I've only got one more in me after this." [Berserk on Golem B, 20D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 17 ( Total: 17 ) for CoS 80
JayM: And the control spell on it is turned sour
JayM: Berserk(6)!
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 291/1041 | MP: 573/798 | SoS: 260 | Normal
JayM: Battle order: Rohius [B]:0 Hauser [F]:1 Lynne [B]:7 Necromancer [B]:11 Golem B [F]:17 Fortunata [F]:40
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [== ] Berserk(4)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [==========] Slow(3) Blind(5) Berserk(6)
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius: "Kill the necromancer, or burn the golem?"
Lynne: "My opinion? Fell the problem at the source now."
Rohius: "I'll take that as kill the necromancer."
Rohius vomits acid on him!
Rohius rolled 1d6+144 and got 4 ( Total: 148.0 )
Rohius rolled 2d100 and got 36, 9 ( Total: 45 ) for 35% for poison/blind 4
JayM: No poison, sadly, yet he is blinded!
JayM: Delay, also
Rohius: (43)
Rohius: "Someone kill him."
JayM: Hauser!
Hauser fires another [Cool Blast - 54D] at the Necromancer.
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 71 ( Total: 71 ) for 80/10
Hauser rolled 1d12+220 and got 5 ( Total: 225.0 )
JayM: Cool, definitly!
Hauser: M-tek propelled shot strikes for 225 physical damage!
JayM: Strikes for [175]!
JayM: Lynne!
Lynne continues firing on the leader! [Attack, 50D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 97 ( Total: 97 ) for CoS 90
JayM: Wow
JayM: I'd curse you again to see if your accuracy increases
Rohius: "…well, it was nice knowing you all."
Targets: Fortunata
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 79 ( Total: 79 )
JayM: The necromancer, blinded by rage and sight, can't hit a thing
JayM: Hrm- Hrm? Oh i'm ever so dumb, he golem was charging a CT and got berserked he should have immediately broken out of it and waited
JayM: Well, he'll attack right now instead
Targets: Fortunata
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 40 ( Total: 40 )
The Golem, focus lost, simply performs a [Grave Slam] on Fortunata!
JayM rolled 1d12+180 and got 3 ( Total: 183 )
JayM: Er
[OOC] Rohius: blind help?
JayM: Dealing [228] Physical Melee damage, I forgot the extra damage from berserk!
JayM: Not really
JayM: That still fell under blind's Acc
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: ! 63/1041 ! | MP: 573/798 | SoS: 260 | Normal
JayM: Battle order: Fortunata [F]:0 Rohius [B]:3 Necromancer [B]:4 Hauser [F]:15 Lynne [B]:17 Golem B [F]:44
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [== ] Berserk(3) Blind(3)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [==========] Slow(2) Blind(4) Berserk(5)
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata crumples down in a heap, but manages to shove herself back up to her feet! "Grrr… why won't you just fall already! Fire! Keep firing!"
[OOC] Fortunata: Attack necromancer, 54D
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 80 ( Total: 80 ) for 85/5
Fortunata rolled 1d12+200 and got 8 ( Total: 208.0 )
Fortunata: "Guardians be damned, I'm sick of this crap!"
JayM: A direct strike! [158]!
JayM: Almost, it's close
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius just shoots it!
Rohius rolled 1d100 and got 20 ( Total: 20 ) for 85/15 d 53
Rohius rolled 1d12+120 and got 6 ( Total: 126.0 )
JayM: Hits for [76] damage! close!
Targets: Lynne
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 12 ( Total: 12 )
JayM rolled 1d8+84,75 and got 2 ( Total: 64.5 )
JayM: Another hit on Lynne for [64] damage, he is holding still, and hitting!
JayM: Hauser!
Rohius: "JUST! FUCKING! DIE!"
Hauser nods seriously, placing both hands on her gun. The barrel begins glowing red-hot as she aims at the necromancer, waiting for the right moment - [Flame Drive - 54D]
Hauser: "This is a holy place!"
Hauser: "I won't leave your carcass to mar it."
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for 80/10
JayM: A burning strike, the ultimate flame
Hauser fires a tongue of flame across the battlefield. It doesn't subside, even as her armor turns white-hot, and her boots sink into the stone beneath her with a hiss.
Hauser rolled 1d12*2+400*2 and got 3 ( Total: 806.0 ) **
The brilliant stream of flame envelops the necromancer. The flames burn brighter and brighter until they turn while, the very air around Hauser heating up to unbearable levels, the entire room turning much hotter. The stream continues until long after the necromancer's screams are done.
Hauser: "The rest are deeper inside. We'll be needing Sunwave's backup."
And once the flame subsides the very stones at Hauser's feet are crimson, melting. The stones in the path of the flame have now turned to slag, the ground, the wall, aside from a spiderweb of very, very thin dark metallic-looking substance, the stone has puddled as molten rock
Hauser: "…Tch. Guess I got a little overzealous."
JayM: Maybe, at least no crystal was damaged, you're a good shot
Hauser: Maybe. She rolls her shoulders - her armor's joints scream, twisting in the heat.
JayM: You can imagine, everyone nearby has ran off. Maybe one or two brave onlookers, but if there were they ran away at the sight of your flame
JayM: Perhaps now it's time to give news? Or perhaps try and get things in a more clean state, it depends only on you
Rohius: "…we need healing."
Hauser: "We do. And we need Sunwave. They're fleeing, but…"
Hauser: "…Right. We'll head back to bring down the backup, then give chase."
Hauser: "If they think a heavily armed force is chasing them, they'll probably abandon their mission. Simply put, we're bluffing."
[OOC] Hauser: oh wait I'm remembering a name wrong
[OOC] Hauser: one sec lemme fix
[OOC] Hauser: -all instances of Sunwave this session +Bloodsun, WHOOPS
JayM: So thus is a plan born
[OOC] Hauser: no wait:
Hauser: "…I mean, Bloodsun. That was his name. Ahem. Sorry." Her armor ejects a plume of steam.
[OOC] Hauser: because I can totally imagine Hauser screwing up someone's name that long.
Hauser: "Fortunata. Lynn. Rohius. We have news to give. They'll be escaping through the catacombs while we bring in help, but…"
Hauser nods and heads out.
Lynne: "Right behind you."
You return, then, to the house where you were told you could contact Bloodsun. There you found… A lysmaker. You've met him before, yet you cannot remember his name at all, but he was Bloodsun's assistant back at the very first time you met him. He is currently holding up three pearls on his hands, near his ears. He looks at you when you enter "Don't quite need to tell me anything,
JayM: whoever didn't notice what you just did. Got him on their track already "
JayM: Seems like news were faster than your feet could take you
JayM: Good, at least saves you some time. Which you will have some now
JayM: With that the session comes to a close!
[OOC] JayM: Session End
[OOC] Hauser: Medkit kicks in for +300HP/+100 MP.
[OOC] JayM: +6987 XP/+518 Lucre/+28 AP
[OOC] Rohius: use tent?
Hauser: Hm, can we without spending time?
Julian: Yeah you can, like
Rohius: Jules I think okay.
Rohius: Jules I think okayed it, i meant.
Julian: Technically next session has you actually spending the night at a place, it involves the passage of time
Hauser: tent away
Julian: So you can definitely Tent in the meanwhile
Rohius: that's 500 HP and MP, right?
Hauser: HEY GRAV, CAN LYNNE EXTEND STATUSES
Lynne: nope :<
Hauser: is the potential to do so on her class
Lynne: doesn't seem to be so
Hauser: ah okay

Loots:

Julian: A silky object, an [Accursed Scarf - T3 Boss], the remains of the long silky scarf-like tentacles of the necromancer.
Julian: A bunch of [Forbidden Feathers - T3 Status], white feathers full of all sorts of disrutive energy
Julian: Two [Spirit Shards - T3 Offensive], tiny fragments of the bodies of the dead, flicked away by your powerful attacks from their cores. Those fragments hold power but no anima in them
Julian: Two [Zodiac Strands - T3 Defensive], after Hauser's massive fiery onslaught the only thing left of the walls were those, the tiniest and most fragile strands of naturally-occurring Zodiac Ore, you can't quite do anything with them as they are too hard and won't melt, but maybe if you are inventive
<span style="display: block; height: 1px; left: -40px; overflow: hidden; position: absolute; top: 25px; width: 1px;">
[[code]]
Contact Zero - Mission 18: Gloryhunter
Rohius picks his nose with his gun.
It's a carriage. A nice carriage, but not fancy. It doesn't bounces at all as you travel, valkurians appear to have invented an ethereal version of car suspension before actually developing engines of any sort, how curious. The carriage is dragged along by a large, flat sort of insect. The thing appears to the eye like a disk of chitin with twelve evenly-spaced legs around it, you couldn't
JayM: discern where it had eyes or mouth, but the couch, a rather elderly cherub, seems to control it somehow
Inside the carriage you are with Bloodsun, he sits at one side alongside Hauser, the others on the other side. Because the two of them occupy just that much bulk, problems of winged folk "Well, how're you feeling right now?"
Hauser presses her gauntlet against her face, lost in thought. "Go over the mission parameters again, if you don't mind."
Bloodsun: "Was about to get to it. To be sure, I hope you're not jarred at the sight of undead"
Hauser: "…Not my favorite."
Rohius: "I get more vased than jarred, but hey."
Bloodsun: "But it's pretty simple, my 'master' would like you tested and i'm going to pre-emptively do that, by tossing you at a local problem that showed up with rather fortuitous timing"
Rohius: "Ooh, are we going to be fired out of a cannon, catapult, or trebauch- oh, you mean 'toss' figuratively, right?"
Fortunata: "Well… normally my kind of studies would put me at an advantage. But I kind of did my own thing, and I haven't figured out sealing yet."
Fortunata grins. "Swords still work, at least."
Bloodsun: "A cadre of necromancers has come to the capital… And those are dangerous folk, they feed on the power of the dead and raise them for their own goals. That said, their most dangerous aspect is how skilled they are at being inconspicuous. They're known to get in and out of cities unnoticed, carrying away the remains of the powerful"
Fortunata: "…what?"
Fortunata: "How do you remain inconspicuous carting off dead bodies?"
Bloodsun: "They're very easy to hide?"
Hauser: "…I guess the trick is, you don't get greedy."
Hauser: "They aren't looting mass graves or anything. They target specific candidates. Right?"
Bloodsun: "The objective is first tracking them down and then dispatching them. Once you've located them, pick one or two to fall on and relay me the location, i'll grab the others"
Bloodsun: "Yes, normally they just pick one or two of the best crystals in the mausoleum"
Fortunata: "…crystals, huh? Reminds me of another story…"
Bloodsun: "They appear to have an agenda that requires a lot of power and they are intelligent"
Rohius: (…wait, of course even their dead bodies are different… they become crystals…)
Hauser: "Roger. So head into the mausoleum, pick one target, set you on the other one."
Bloodsun: "More or less. I haven't figured out where exactly the yare hiding for now nor when they will strike. Soon as we arrive we start searching."
Bloodsun: "Alright, any more questions? The trip's going to take a while, so it's not like we lack time"
Rohius: "The necromancers are 'kill on sight', right?"
Bloodsun: "Yes"
Rohius: "Just making sure."
Rohius: "…any rites we need to perform on the… undead?" He asks this delicately, in case there's anything needed to be done to purify the desecrated bodies.
Bloodsun: "Nah, just break them apart. If you can leave their core crystals intact i'm sure their families would like it, but I wouldn't press you to risk your lives for that"
Rohius nods.
Rohius: "Right then. That's all from me."
Thus, little to be said, time passes. Perhaps fortuitous or not, you arrive at the capital as far from nightfall as you will get, as the sun starts to rise… You approach what can only be called a city-fortress. Great walls of obsidian rise around it, from the first glance it seems to be as large a capital as the planetary capital of some backwater worlds. The carriage takes you in, a
JayM: wave from Bloodsun is all that is needed to eschew whatever normal methods of entry are there, and you continue in undisturbed. It has in fact been a couple of days.
As you enter… You are welcomed by a sight you were expecting, but are not used to. The style is ancient, buildings made of the same obsidian stone, you could only call this medieval style, althoug htere are subtle things to notice. Along the streets you notice holes covered in heavy metal grating, signs of an underground sewer system, but you also notice pipes made of bronze coming out
JayM: of the sides, inconspicuously, of some buildings, traced over them arcane runes. Water system, perhaps?
You also notice a lot of… Armed men on the streets. Police, this doesn't seem like an opressive presence, just very good coverage. They are friendly to the locals who come to them. Perhaps the most unusual thing to notice, however, is what seems like a… Lattice of gossamer crystal above your heads. That is completely unexpected. You know valkurians cannot fly, but seems that the
JayM: lightsider wings can catch on this lattice and carry them around, akin to flying, perhaps, but much more limited. It appears the most common method of travel
Hauser keeps her voice low, speaking in a hush to Fortunata, nodding to indicate one of the grates: "…Well, now we know how they're moving about."
Fortunata: "Lovely."
Bloodsun: "Heh. Welcome to the capital of-" there is a moment where he says something but the translation software cannot work through it. That momentary stagger is enough to know the software's struggling, and it just throws back at you the same vocalization he used "Astarion" "
Rohius keeps his eyes peeled for… crap. Necromancers? Steorotyping says black robes, medieval gothic appearance, but no one would be so stupid as to flaunt it openly…
Soon enough you stop, it's in front of a… Well, you can't call it a run-down little residence since everything here is sculpted to last, and you know that, but it's old and uncared for. Bloodsun steps down "Alright, we split here, i'll search on my own, you too" he hands Hauser a map parchment "That shows where the twelve mausoleums of the capital are, two of them house great heroes of
JayM: the past, it's good to look at those first "
Rohius: "…I'm thinking stakeout at the mausoleum- wait, TWELVE?"
Bloodsun: "When you're ready to contact me just send someone to this house i'll have my brother waiting here to send me the message"
Hauser nods to Bloodsun, taking the parchment.
Bloodsun: "Well, you know, big, big capital. Can't make do with just one"
Hauser: "We're not going to have to check all twelve."
Hauser: "How long have you had the problem?"
Bloodsun: "They have been a problem for almost a year, but they only arrived here in like, what, should be three weeks by now"
Lynne follows along, taking a close interest in something odd about the houses. Architecture, maybe? Or… Perhaps something odd about what it's made out of…
Hauser dances her gauntlet through the air, wavering a finger across possibilities on the map, before -
Hauser: "…They'll be right here. Let's get this in one and move out, team."
Rohius: "…if I may ask, what makes you sure?"
Fortunata: "Hunter's intuition!"
Hauser: "Let's leave it at that for now."
Hauser: "It's all right here on the map, anyway."
Hauser leads the way.
Bloodsun just scratches his head "Well, i'll leave you to your methods" he waves as you leaves, taking off to a different direction
Rohius doesn't argue the point, as he lacks an idea on where to start searching. He plods along, keeping an eye out.
Lynne: "…right, business first. After this, I want to find out about the origin of these stones," Lynne taps the side of a house with a knuckle before following.
JayM: I was going to ask for a Streetwise/Insight [TN 4] in order to make a decision
JayM: But if you got a big plan go ahead
JayM: Either way
As you make your way to the mausoleum that Hauser pointed out, you find out that… The city is in fact abustle and as busy as you'd expect out of a capital. This one isn't as close to the center, but there are still a fair bit of wealthy people living here, the middle-high class in a way.
Hauser doesn't make eye contact with passers-by, stalking straight forward to the gates of the crypt.
The mausoleum is a four-story structure, built of the same stone as the city, adorned with glass and silver. And by adorned the meaning is that there are entire walls built of stained glass, supported by silver frames. In fact the central tower is built entirely of glass, shining many colors.
JayM: Wild guess it's glass-magicite because actual glass, at least one built at their tech level, wouldn't quite survive like that
Lynne: "I wonder if they even realize the sheer potential of these materials." Lynne absentmindedly mentions as she continues examining the buildings.
JayM: There aren't many people around, although those who are look, not quite joyous, but contemplative
Hauser: "Reminds me of my sword, honestly."
Hauser steps into the mausoleum, pushing the gate open carefully, listening with intent.
Inside you hear… Chanting. Gentle, soft chanting. It strangely reminds Hauser of the din of the battlefield where magicians reside on both sides. Yet this chanting is, though deeply inspired by the base sounds of spellcasting, simple prayer. Across from the doorway is a large hall, the entire first floor is actually one giant room, the walls are lined with crystals, crystals much akin
JayM: to the one left by the wife of Gigio
All the crystals are of various colors, all opaque and perfectly cut into eight-sided shapes, they do not need support to stay aloft, doing so at their own pace
Rohius: "…"
Rohius doesn't crack any jokes.
JayM: Although the most observant of you might notice a stark difference between her crystal and those. All of those are colorful, hers had a distinct lack of color
JayM: Still, let's have a Danger Sense [TN 6] check
JayM: Yes it is hard
Hauser: "(Locals are pretty lucky, aren't they?)"
Hauser: "(We just end up as meat.)"
JayM: Although this is a far more proactive than reactive check a 'look for danger' rather than 'does danger sneak up on you' check
[OOC] Hauser: I got nothing here.
Fortunata: "It's good for the earth, or so I'm told."
[OOC] Rohius: what catagory is danger sense?
[OOC] Hauser: wilderness.
[OOC] Lynne: Wilderness
[OOC] Lynne: good luck with that :V
[OOC] Rohius: aptitude
Fortunata: "Still… something seems off." [Lucky]
Rohius 's neck hairs stand up.
[OOC] Fortunata: That all?
[OOC] Lynne: yup, I have nothing
Fortunata rolled 5d8 and got 7, 5, 6, 4, 3 ( Total: 25 ) for TN 6
Also rolled 1d8+1 and got 7 [Total: 8.0 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 33.0, Avg: 5.33
[OOC] Fortunata: Bingo.
[OOC] Rohius: whew
You stay and watch, carefully and respectfully. You can't seem to discern who might this necromancer be at all… Yet a moment of insight and good hearing, a slight dissonance in the chanting. Intelligent, the necromancer is taking the prayers the others offer as a way to disguise his own enchantments, obfuscation spells that should hide his movements very well. Provided he is allowed to
JayM: finish them.
The necromancer is that one, an erynies dressed up in simple and somber clothing, just like every other one here, a robe as do most of the winged folk here wear, although far from being sinister it is at best poor. He is among the closest ones to the crystals, actually
JayM: How to proceed from here, now
Fortunata: "(So… how to do this in good graces…)"
Rohius: ( "…that one. Shall I do the honors?" )
Rohius: "(I was thinking of shooting him.)"
Hauser: ( "Approved, Rohius." )
Fortunata: "(It's a bit of a gamble, but we're already in the lion's den, so…)"
Rohius hefts his rifle. BLAMMO.
JayM: Critical hit! He has no idea you are even there! Roll me that and we start the fight
Rohius: "WHY HOWDY-HO, MISTER NECROMANCER!"
Rohius rolled 1d12+120*1.5 and got 2 ( Total: 182.0 ) **
Rohius: "We're having a special on horrific deaths here today! Handing out free samples to fuckers like you!"
Hauser draws her sword. "This is a holy place, after all."
[OOC] Rohius: how many frontliners do we have?
Fortunata: "Well, I had hoped we'd have taken this outside… I'm not sure how quickly necromancy works here."
A direct hit- But the power of the bullet is deflected by his robe somehow? He quickly moves away, tossing it aside revealing light armor beneath. He's prepared for a fight "Curses, how'd you find me?" his scarves immediately move behind him as he backpedals towards the crystals and the others escape. They grab one, bringing it in front of him, energy flowing through them into him from
JayM: the crystal, sparks of golden energy jupming from him to the crystals behind him
JayM: Battle order: Lynne [B]:0 Rohius [B]:3 Necromancer [B]:3 Fortunata [F]:4 Hauser [F]:4
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [==========]
JayM: Lynne!
JayM: http://youtu.be/OqwBVKxoW7c <- Also have a theme
Fortunata: "Well, shit."
Rohius: "We didn't so much as find you as you just suck so much."
Hauser rolls the knuckles of her gauntlet. "…No matter whose legacy you borrow, it won't be enough."
Fortunata: "Much appreciated if you put it back when you're done."
Hauser nods to Fortunata. "That chore's probably going to fall to us, isn't it…?"
Fortunata: "It always seems to, but I think it's really important in this case."
Lynne gestures as a light shines through the glass wall, only illuminating the red stained panels - "Your plans will fall apart if you lack the wit to carry them out!" [Berserk, 20D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 11 ( Total: 11 ) for CoS 80
As crimson light shines over it, the necromancer shakes his head wildly. Berserk(6?)!
JayM: Rohius!
[OOC] Lynne: 6 yeah
Hauser shrugs with a huff. "Brilliant shot, Lynne."
JayM: The spell he set in motion, however
JayM: Still haven't been broken
Rohius begins convulsing. "Biomatter generation online. Ph levels lowering to .1. Safety protocols engaged. Fire!" He then vomits acid at the necromancer!
Rohius: (d 43)
Rohius rolled 1d6+144 and got 4 ( Total: 148.0 )
JayM: It will definitely hit, yes!
Rohius rolled 2d100 and got 71, 87 ( Total: 158 ) for 35% for poison and blind, 4
[OOC] Rohius: aw
JayM: At least it is a direct damage!
Rohius frowny faces. "I need a more efficient splodey-spell." Then an idea hits him.
JayM: Battle order: Necromancer [B]:0 Fortunata [F]:1 Hauser [F]:1 Lynne [B]:17 Rohius [B]:43
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [==========] Berserk(6)
As the Necromancer growls, three of the crystals from the walls rise up… And stone from the ground and walls detaches, attaching themselves to it, forming a casing of stone. Heavy stone, taking a humanoid form. Golems, with the crystals as the core. [Join Battle] x3
Targets: Fortunata
The Necromancer himself, however, pulls out a rod, spinning it and causing silvery sparks to fly, and jerks it towards Fortunata, delivering a [Rodspark] on her
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 52 ( Total: 52 )
JayM rolled 1d8+84,75 and got 2 ( Total: 64.5 )
JayM: For [64] Physical Melee damage since he's in the back
JayM: Fortunata!
Hauser: "Switch to ranged arms. Let's see if we can't avoid collateral damage."
Fortunata: "Understood! Bit System, form up!" [Change Gear, 14D]
[OOC] Lynne: If that's it, then I'm only gonna stick him with something if berserk is about to run out so he can't run or buff the golems. debuffing the others instead
Fortunata 's shield splits into its component parts and start hovering around her.
[OOC] Hauser: Yup, sounds like a good plan. I'd dualcast blind on two diff golems on your next action, prob?
Hauser: "Following your lead!" She sheathes her sword and levels her shotgun at the necromancer. [14D]
[OOC] Lynne: I'll ask for HP bars on my turn so I can see names, if we're dealing with golems A, B, and C here or three different types
JayM: And Fortunata and Hauser again!
JayM: Battle order: Fortunata [F]:0 Hauser [F]:0 Lynne [B]:2 Bolem C [F]:15 Golem A [F]:15 Golem B [F]:15 Necromancer [B]:18 Rohius [B]:28
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [==========] Berserk(5)
JayM: Status for Golem A [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Bolem C [F] : [==========]
JayM: Here
[OOC] Lynne: thanks!
JayM: You have a Bolem, too
[OOC] Rohius: …I'm betting that's not a typo.
Fortunata: "Alright, let's start with a sweep attack! Now go!"
Hauser: "Hold it!"
Hauser: "If we can at all leave the golems intact…"
Hauser: "…"
Fortunata: "Holding- oh!"
Fortunata: "E-excuse me!"
Hauser: "Right. They're the enemy, but they're… Ahem!"
Rohius: "Just the crystal cores!"
Fortunata: "Then… just focus on the leader!"
Hauser levels her shotgun at the Necromancer, waits for the right moment - there's a buzz, and a thin cone of glowing, magitek shot blazes forth. [Charge Blast - 54D]
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for C80
JayM: Strike! A perfect hit!
All three golems move to intercept, putting their hands on the way and absorbing a portion of the damage
Hauser spins her gun, bleeding off some of the initial heat, and aiming once more- "Ether circuits are locked. Eat this!" The gun glows bright white as she fires shot after shot.
Fortunata points at the Necromancer, and the bits hurl themselves at him like a series of javelins! [Attack, 54D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 12 ( Total: 12 ) for 85/5
Hauser rolled 1d12*2+220*2 and got 2 ( Total: 444.0 ) for critical hit!
Fortunata rolled 1d12+200 and got 3 ( Total: 203.0 )
JayM: A direct strike from the bits!
JayM: The golems try to swat them out of the air as they close in
Hauser: "Hmph. Guess there's no way around them. Belay that order, team. Attack and destroy."
[OOC] JayM: 294] [53
Fortunata: "Jeez…!"
JayM: They're pretty protective
[OOC] Rohius: …terrain type, mr. gm?)()
Fortunata: "Well, fine! Invoke my wrath at your own peril!"
JayM: Lynne!
JayM: It's Artificial
Rohius looks down, then up, and gets an idear.
[OOC] Lynne: hmm… I should probably poison first, while they're at full, since we don't know what kind of damage they're capable of quite yet I think
[OOC] Rohius: Poison necromancer, blind a golem?
[OOC] Hauser: sounds good to me!
[OOC] Lynne: yeah, I'll blind C, take down A or B first
[OOC] Fortunata: I can shove golems around with my Row attack, and since I'm in ranged mode now, it doesn't matter WHICH row I target. As long as my MP holds out, anyway.
Lynne incants and gestures as violet beams of light from the windows settle on the necromancer - but at the same time, the other panels seem to suck light outside of the room. [Dualcast, Poison on Necromancer and Blind on Bolem C, 30D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 10 ( Total: 10 ) for CoS 80 Poison
Rohius: (LAWL)
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 ) for CoS 80 Blind
Rohius: (..nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu)
JayM: The powers of radiance, the necromancer is poisoned, although you find it hard to blind that with no eyes
[OOC] Lynne: it was good while it lasted! Rohius, is acid T:single or group?
[OOC] Rohius: t: single.
[OOC] Lynne: okay
Golem A kind of bends it's knees, arms flexed, charing for an [Obliterate]
[OOC] Rohius: I'm thinking of using terrain. 45% cos of slowing each person.
Golem B runs ahead and simply smacks Lynne with a [Grave Slam]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 82 ( Total: 82 )
[OOC] Lynne: -mashes virus key aaaaaaa-
JayM: Missing wide
[OOC] Lynne: that Terrain sounds like a good idea!
Golem C shakes it's head, staring at Lynne… Streaks of crimson cracks forming on it's head, where the eyes are, like the streaks of tears. As that happens, dark water rises up around you, lashing at your limbs, grabbing them [Cursed Tears]
JayM rolled 1d10+144 and got 5 ( Total: 149 )
Also rolled 1d100 and got 39 [Total: 39]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 188
[OOC] Lynne: oh god dualcasting uses up 200 MP I'm just single casting for now
[OOC] JayM: 149] Magical Water damage and Curse(4)!
[OOC] Lynne: ffffffffffffffff
[OOC] Rohius: Holy water?
[OOC] Rohius: Or terrain?
[OOC] Lynne: if we have some, I'll use it on my turn, no worries
Targets: Hauser
The Necromancer then uses it's [Rodspark] on Hauser
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 84 ( Total: 84 )
JayM: Missing wide
Hauser bats it out of the way with her gauntlet.
JayM: Battle order: Rohius [B]:0 Lynne [B]:4 Fortunata [F]:16 Golem A [F]:22 Necromancer [B]:23 Hauser [F]:26 Golem C [F]:33 Golem B [F]:43
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [======= ] Berserk(4) Poison(5)
JayM: Status for Golem A [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Golem C [F] : [======== ]
JayM: Rohius!
JayM: Hrm?
JayM: How did that golem take damage?
Rohius: "Right then. Activating geomancy system. Energizing. Leylines found, targets confirmed. Activate!" (Artifice's embrace on front row.)
Rohius rolled 1d8+72 and got 5 ( Total: 77.0 )
Rohius rolled 3d100 and got 1, 35, 80 ( Total: 116 ) for 45% for slow 4
[OOC] Rohius: that's two!
JayM: A and B are slowed!
Rohius sends a surge of energy through the ground, corrupting the magic the necromancer used to form the bodies, making them even more sluggish.
Azure lines spread through the ground, entering the golems, the very stones of their bodies rebel, displacing, slowing them
JayM: Lynne!
Rohius: (d 38)
[OOC] Lynne: okay… Then maybe we take down C first, and I'll debuff A further?
[OOC] Rohius: sounds good
Lynne gestures, even the purple light from before vanishing… [Blind on A, 20D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 68 ( Total: 68 ) for CoS 75
[OOC] Lynne: because obliterate is going to suck
JayM: And darkness befalls the strange senses of the golem, Blind(6)!
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata: "Bit System, drive 'em back! Let's see a smashing success!"
The bits swoop up a fair distance overhead, then unleash a blistering barrage of laser fire into the front lines! [Maxwell's Hammer, 59D]
Fortunata rolled 3d100 and got 86, 45, 56 ( Total: 187 ) for 85/5
Fortunata rolled 1d12+200 and got 7 ( Total: 207.0 ) for 40% to push
Also rolled 2d100 and got 86, 28 [Total: 114 (High), Avg: 57.00]
Total: 321.0, Avg: 40.33
JayM: They continually barrage the front line. As the front gets hit they defend themselves and they force C into the back!
Fortunata: "Heheh! So it begins! Dance for me!"
JayM: Battle order: Golem A [F]:0 Necromancer [B]:1 Lynne [B]:2 Hauser [F]:4 Golem C [F]:11 Rohius [B]:16 Golem B [F]:21 Fortunata [F]:53
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [======= ] Berserk(4) Poison(5)
JayM: Status for Golem A [F] : [====== ] Slow(4) Blind(6)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [====== ] Slow(4)
JayM: Status for Golem C [F] : [==== ]
Golem A finishes charging, and jumps, landing with terrible might, shaking the entire mausoleum like an earthquake, sending shockwaves throught the entire room [Obliterate]
JayM rolled 4d100 and got 15, 5, 53, 15 ( Total: 88 )
JayM rolled 1d12+391 and got 1 ( Total: 392 )
JayM: Dealing [392] Physical Melee damage to Hauser and Fortunata and [294] to Rohius!
JayM: Lynne manages to keep her footing
Lynne maneuvers behind a pillar, letting it absorb the shockwave for her
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 536/1041 | MP: 798/798 | SoS: 260 | Normal
Hauser grits her teeth, hologram-wings shedding feathers as she climbs back up from her knees. [294]
Targets: Fortunata
Fortunata: "…hmph! Alright, we need to take care of these golems, NOW."
And the Necromancer delivers a [Rodspark] pn Fortunata!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 31 ( Total: 31 )
JayM rolled 1d8+84 and got 1 ( Total: 85 )
JayM: Dealing [63] Physical Melee damage!
Rohius: "Hauser, if you have any power moves, use them! I'll copy!"
Hauser: "Alright, watch this."
JayM: Battle order: Lynne [B]:0 Hauser [F]:2 Golem C [F]:9 Rohius [B]:14 Golem B [F]:19 Necromancer [B]:32 Fortunata [F]:51 Golem A [F]:65
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [====== ] Berserk(3) Poison(4)
JayM: Status for Golem A [F] : [====== ] Slow(3) Blind(5)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [====== ] Slow(4)
JayM: Status for Golem C [F] : [==== ]
JayM: Lynne!
Fortunata: "…kinda pathetic. You
Fortunata: "You'd think you'd work on your staff-arm a little more, in case you didn't have any bodies at hand."
Lynne repeats the same set of gestures. [Blind on Golem B, 20D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 50 ( Total: 50 ) for CoS 75
JayM: And darkness befalls B!
JayM: Hauser!
Hauser slams a cartridge into her shotgun, and the barrel begins humming loudly, buzzing a brilliant blue. "Here's your setup, Rohius. Ether circuits engaged and targets are locked." [Shock Drive - 54D] She aims at Golem A!
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 ) for 80/10
Rohius 's "tattoos" flare up.
JayM: A direct strike, no defenses against it
Hauser fires a spray of brilliant silver shot at the golem. There's a momentary pause, and then with a boom of thunder, a blinding blue flash connects from the barrel to where the shot landed -
Hauser rolled 1d12*1.25+400*1.25 and got 4 ( Total: 505.0 ) for magical lightning damage
Rohius: "Assessing technical emulation. Adjusting biobattery. Bioelectricity and Thunder magicite engaged."
Hauser tosses Rohius a cartridge as steam billows out from the joints of her armor.
JayM: The terrible strike of lightning, the electrical arcs cut better than blades, the plasma of the lightning melts even rock, crushing the golem, sending it to pieces across the ground
Rohius catches it. Is the crystal intact?
JayM: The core crystal falls with a soft clinking sound, a single scratch on it's otherwise unwarred surface
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius EATS the cartridge.
[OOC] Hauser: HP: 425/722, MP: 728/828, SoS: 180 [========]
Rohius: "Assimilating technology. Safety disabled. FIRE!"
Rohius rolled 1d100 and got 17 ( Total: 17 ) for 85/15
Rohius rolled 1d12*2+135*2 and got 1 ( Total: 272.0 )
[OOC] Rohius: On C
Rohius aims at the lower torso, trying to perserve the crystal…
[OOC] Rohius: 53 d
Rohius: "…my gut feels like it's on fire…"
JayM: A direct hit! The ground around shines azure, brilliant lines. As the fire shot leaves the barrel of your gun the ground shatters and breaks, as the lightning is let loose your a terrible energy well up from inside, evrey cell of your body drawing out as much power as it can and delivering it through your hands to your gun, for a moment it feels like you're going to catch fire, but suddenly
JayM: steam erupts in a spiral cloud from the lines as you cool
[OOC] Rohius: as you cool-
Rohius: "EEEEEEEEYAAAAAARGABLE!"
The lightning strikes at it's lower torso, delivering great damage. Not as ready to deliver this strike as Hauser's armor is, however, it lacks sufficient power to just finish it off
JayM: But it's about ready to fall
Hauser nods approvingly to Rohius.
Golem C just hurls itself forward, towards Lynne, for a [Grave Slam]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 63 ( Total: 63 )
Rohius: "i feel tingly everywhere and I can hear the light flowing through the window…"
Fortunata: "You know, Rohius, sometimes your enthusiasm is utterly terrifying."
Hauser: "We'll make an Imperial Knight of you yet."
JayM rolled 1d12+180 and got 11 ( Total: 191 )
JayM: Dealing a feeble [95] Physical Melee damage across two rows
Rohius: "NOT! SO! LOUD!"
Hauser: "Fortunata. My Battle Armor's offline. Be careful."
Rohius shakes his head as he readjusts himself.
Lynne grunts. "I'll ask them to hit quieter then."
Golem B then starts charging up as well for it's [Obliterate]
Fortunata salutes quickly. "Understood! Don't worry, I know how to deal with that!"
JayM: Battle order: Lynne [B]:0 Necromancer [B]:12 Fortunata [F]:31 Golem B [F]:34 Hauser [F]:36 Rohius [B]:47 Golem C [F]:51
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [====== ] Berserk(3) Poison(4)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [====== ] Slow(4) Blind(6)
JayM: Status for Golem C [F] : [= ]
JayM: Lynne!
Rohius: "…did it work? Is it- Oh crap it's getting ready again."
JayM: Battle order: Lynne [B]:0 Necromancer [B]:12 Fortunata [F]:31 Hauser [F]:36 Golem B [F]:41 Rohius [B]:47 Golem C [F]:51
JayM: Ahem, fixed delay because Slow also affects CTs
[OOC] Hauser: yessss <3
Hauser smiles. "Got this one covered."
[OOC] Hauser: I can cut it by 3/5 with Fortress!
Rohius: "…Hauser, do you feel like you're peeing on a transformer whenever you do that, or is it just me?"
Lynne fires a shot at C, trying to pry open that little crack in its shell [Attack, 50D]
Fortunata: "Hauser isn't reconstructing the technique biomechanically."
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 20 ( Total: 20 ) for CoS 75
Fortunata: "Or… whatever the hell it is you do."
JayM: Strike!
Hauser: "I think the term the cadets generally use is " boiled lobster "."
Lynne rolled 1d12+135 and got 11 ( Total: 146.0 )
Rohius: "…biomagical temporary restructuring to copy magical effects. I think they drained three mimics of their blood to get me to do that."
JayM: A direct hit, strikes right at the damage that's been done to it. The rocks crack and fall apart. The crystal falls to the ground, rolling away
The Necromancer continues to have his mind out of control, and attacks once more
Targets: Rohius
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 64 ( Total: 64 )
JayM rolled 1d8+84,50 and got 5 ( Total: 44.5 )
JayM: A cross-row strike for [44] Physical Melee with it's [Rodspark]!
Lynne: "One left. At this point we may wish to take down the culprit, perhaps capture the golem intact for study?" Lynne realizes, not entirely sure if they'd be allowed to even keep it.
JayM: Battle order: Fortunata [F]:0 Hauser [F]:5 Golem B [F]:10 Necromancer [B]:14 Rohius [B]:16 Lynne [B]:19 Golem C [F]:20
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [==== ] Berserk(2) Poison(3)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [====== ] Slow(4) Blind(6)
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata: "Let's just end this debacle, then! Open fire on the leader!" [Attack, 54D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 69 ( Total: 69 ) for 85/5
JayM: Connects!
Fortunata rolled 1d12+200 and got 6 ( Total: 206.0 )
[OOC] JayM: 156]!
JayM: The last golem is still trying to defend it's master!
Rohius: "…I'm going to see if the necromancer has anything good…"
Fortunata: "Still feel up for persistence, Lynne?"
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 473/1041 | MP: 673/798 | SoS: 260 | Normal
Hauser points her shoulder forward, plates on her armor clicking open. "Even the earth itself… has to get through me!" [Fortress - 44D] [Stance: Allies gain 4/5 defense factor, 3/5 vs. group damage, like Obliterate]
JayM: Defense! Nothing shall get through!
Lynne: "It won't take much longer, not with that hex I placed before sapping his vitality."
The Golem then jumps, landing back down with titanic strength. The powerful shockwaves from [Obliterate] roll through the party
JayM rolled 4d100 and got 45, 67, 77, 90 ( Total: 279 )
Also rolled 1d12+391 and got 1 [Total: 392]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 671
JayM: Dealing [392] to Hauser and Fortunata and [294] to Lynne! Rohus manages to shield himself from the shockwaves!
Rohius jumps.
[OOC] Lynne: Before DF?
[OOC] Hauser: before, yeah
[OOC] Hauser: You'll be taking something like 176
Fortunata stumbles in an ungraceful heap, and it's a while before she gets back up. "Tch…."
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: ! 238/1041 ! | MP: 673/798 | SoS: 260 | Normal
Targets: Fortunata
The Necromancer, still sapped of vitality and mind both, uses it's [Rodspark] on Fortunata
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 7 ( Total: 7 )
JayM rolled 1d8+84 and got 2 ( Total: 86 )
He hurls spars for [64] Physical Melee damage!
Fortunata: "You. You annoy me."
Hauser deflects some of that with [Fortress.]
JayM: Battle order: Rohius [B]:0 Lynne [B]:3 Necromancer [B]:31 Hauser [F]:33 Fortunata [F]:38 Golem B [F]:61
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [=== ] Berserk(1) Poison(2)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [====== ] Slow(3) Blind(5)
JayM: Rohius!
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: ! 187/1041 ! | MP: 673/798 | SoS: 260 | Normal
Rohius: "Permission to assimilate Necromancer."
Hauser: "Granted."
Rohius does so! Assimilate! d 33
JayM: Rohius learns [Memento Mori]!
JayM: Lynne!
Rohius: "…well that was… different."
Rohius shakes his head.
Lynne takes aim at the necromancer for a moment- but at the last minute changes her mind, refreshing her influence over its mind! [Berserk 20D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 34 ( Total: 34 ) for CoS 75
JayM: And the hex lands again
JayM: And you act yet again, whoa
Lynne returns to her normally scheduled lasering-his-face-off. [Attack, 50D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 ) for CoS 90 curse wore yey.
[OOC] Lynne: dlkjsdlkdjdslk;fjds;lkjfl;kd
[OOC] Lynne: Figures, curse never made me miss once, but now that it's gone…
JayM: A laser off in the distance, you hit a glass pane
Targets: Hauser
The Necromancer continues to randomly drop his [Rodspark] at someone, this time Hauser
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 96 ( Total: 96 )
JayM: Missing his shot wide
JayM: Battle order: Rohius [B]:0 Hauser [F]:0 Fortunata [F]:5 Golem B [F]:28 Necromancer [B]:31 Lynne [B]:40
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [=== ] Berserk(5) Poison(1)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [====== ] Slow(3) Blind(5)
JayM: Rohius and Hauser!
Rohius nods to Hauser. "After you."
Hauser: "Still stablizing my systems. Hate to disappoint." She fires a blast at the Necromancer, plumes of exhaust jetting out from the sides of her gun's barrel. [Cool Blast - 54D]
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 ) for 80/10
Hauser: …But she misses!
JayM: Missed, not close enough even
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius shrugs and fires at the necromancer's face.
Rohius rolled 1d100 and got 20 ( Total: 20 ) for 85/15
Rohius rolled 1d12+120 and got 9 ( Total: 129.0 )
JayM: A direct shot to the face!
[OOC] JayM: 79]! as the golem shields it
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata hunkers down, and the bits swoop in to provide shielding. [Steel Will, 34D]
JayM: Defensive form!
Golem B, now alone, start charging up another [Obliterate]
Targets: Lynne
The Necromancer now strikes at Lynne!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 33 ( Total: 33 )
JayM rolled 1d8+84,75 and got 1 ( Total: 63.75 )
Hauser: "We're going to have to eliminate it."
JayM: Dealing [63] Physical Melee damage
JayM: Battle order: Fortunata [F]:0 Lynne [B]:1 Rohius [B]:14 Hauser [F]:15 Necromancer [B]:25 Golem B [F]:31
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [== ] Berserk(4)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [====== ] Slow(3) Blind(5)
JayM: Fortunata!
Rohius: "I'll use acid on it."
[OOC] Hauser: Man, I wonder if we COULD take out the necromancer before the golem launches obliterate.
[OOC] Hauser: I don't have my Drives up, so… probably not? Hm.
[OOC] Fortunata: I could risk a shadow attack, which has a bit more power behind it.
[OOC] Hauser: Yeah, worth a shot.
Fortunata is still a little shaky, but belts out an order to the bits surrounding her: "Focus fire on the last golem, and engage those reserve energy sources!"
The bits line up in close formation, drawing in shadowy energy in a large, crackling mass, before releasing it out as a torrent of violet-colored beams at Golem B! [Shadow Raid, 54D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 33 ( Total: 33 ) for 85/5
[OOC] Fortunata: WRIA Shadow?
JayM: As an undead
JayM: It's A: Shadow :<
Fortunata rolled 1d12+250 and got 9 ( Total: 259.0 )
Fortunata: "…shit. I'm really out of my element here."
JayM: A powerful strike yet sadly, the dark anima that powers this golem lives on this element
JayM: Lynne!
Rohius: "…Lynne. Can you berserk it?"
Lynne: "I've only got one more in me after this." [Berserk on Golem B, 20D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 17 ( Total: 17 ) for CoS 80
JayM: And the control spell on it is turned sour
JayM: Berserk(6)!
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 291/1041 | MP: 573/798 | SoS: 260 | Normal
JayM: Battle order: Rohius [B]:0 Hauser [F]:1 Lynne [B]:7 Necromancer [B]:11 Golem B [F]:17 Fortunata [F]:40
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [== ] Berserk(4)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [==========] Slow(3) Blind(5) Berserk(6)
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius: "Kill the necromancer, or burn the golem?"
Lynne: "My opinion? Fell the problem at the source now."
Rohius: "I'll take that as kill the necromancer."
Rohius vomits acid on him!
Rohius rolled 1d6+144 and got 4 ( Total: 148.0 )
Rohius rolled 2d100 and got 36, 9 ( Total: 45 ) for 35% for poison/blind 4
JayM: No poison, sadly, yet he is blinded!
JayM: Delay, also
Rohius: (43)
Rohius: "Someone kill him."
JayM: Hauser!
Hauser fires another [Cool Blast - 54D] at the Necromancer.
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 71 ( Total: 71 ) for 80/10
Hauser rolled 1d12+220 and got 5 ( Total: 225.0 )
JayM: Cool, definitly!
Hauser: M-tek propelled shot strikes for 225 physical damage!
JayM: Strikes for [175]!
JayM: Lynne!
Lynne continues firing on the leader! [Attack, 50D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 97 ( Total: 97 ) for CoS 90
JayM: Wow
JayM: I'd curse you again to see if your accuracy increases
Rohius: "…well, it was nice knowing you all."
Targets: Fortunata
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 79 ( Total: 79 )
JayM: The necromancer, blinded by rage and sight, can't hit a thing
JayM: Hrm- Hrm? Oh i'm ever so dumb, he golem was charging a CT and got berserked he should have immediately broken out of it and waited
JayM: Well, he'll attack right now instead
Targets: Fortunata
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 40 ( Total: 40 )
The Golem, focus lost, simply performs a [Grave Slam] on Fortunata!
JayM rolled 1d12+180 and got 3 ( Total: 183 )
JayM: Er
[OOC] Rohius: blind help?
JayM: Dealing [228] Physical Melee damage, I forgot the extra damage from berserk!
JayM: Not really
JayM: That still fell under blind's Acc
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: ! 63/1041 ! | MP: 573/798 | SoS: 260 | Normal
JayM: Battle order: Fortunata [F]:0 Rohius [B]:3 Necromancer [B]:4 Hauser [F]:15 Lynne [B]:17 Golem B [F]:44
JayM: Status for Necromancer [B] : [== ] Berserk(3) Blind(3)
JayM: Status for Golem B [F] : [==========] Slow(2) Blind(4) Berserk(5)
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata crumples down in a heap, but manages to shove herself back up to her feet! "Grrr… why won't you just fall already! Fire! Keep firing!"
[OOC] Fortunata: Attack necromancer, 54D
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 80 ( Total: 80 ) for 85/5
Fortunata rolled 1d12+200 and got 8 ( Total: 208.0 )
Fortunata: "Guardians be damned, I'm sick of this crap!"
JayM: A direct strike! [158]!
JayM: Almost, it's close
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius just shoots it!
Rohius rolled 1d100 and got 20 ( Total: 20 ) for 85/15 d 53
Rohius rolled 1d12+120 and got 6 ( Total: 126.0 )
JayM: Hits for [76] damage! close!
Targets: Lynne
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 12 ( Total: 12 )
JayM rolled 1d8+84,75 and got 2 ( Total: 64.5 )
JayM: Another hit on Lynne for [64] damage, he is holding still, and hitting!
JayM: Hauser!
Rohius: "JUST! FUCKING! DIE!"
Hauser nods seriously, placing both hands on her gun. The barrel begins glowing red-hot as she aims at the necromancer, waiting for the right moment - [Flame Drive - 54D]
Hauser: "This is a holy place!"
Hauser: "I won't leave your carcass to mar it."
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for 80/10
JayM: A burning strike, the ultimate flame
Hauser fires a tongue of flame across the battlefield. It doesn't subside, even as her armor turns white-hot, and her boots sink into the stone beneath her with a hiss.
Hauser rolled 1d12*2+400*2 and got 3 ( Total: 806.0 ) **
The brilliant stream of flame envelops the necromancer. The flames burn brighter and brighter until they turn while, the very air around Hauser heating up to unbearable levels, the entire room turning much hotter. The stream continues until long after the necromancer's screams are done.
Hauser: "The rest are deeper inside. We'll be needing Sunwave's backup."
And once the flame subsides the very stones at Hauser's feet are crimson, melting. The stones in the path of the flame have now turned to slag, the ground, the wall, aside from a spiderweb of very, very thin dark metallic-looking substance, the stone has puddled as molten rock
Hauser: "…Tch. Guess I got a little overzealous."
JayM: Maybe, at least no crystal was damaged, you're a good shot
Hauser: Maybe. She rolls her shoulders - her armor's joints scream, twisting in the heat.
JayM: You can imagine, everyone nearby has ran off. Maybe one or two brave onlookers, but if there were they ran away at the sight of your flame
JayM: Perhaps now it's time to give news? Or perhaps try and get things in a more clean state, it depends only on you
Rohius: "…we need healing."
Hauser: "We do. And we need Sunwave. They're fleeing, but…"
Hauser: "…Right. We'll head back to bring down the backup, then give chase."
Hauser: "If they think a heavily armed force is chasing them, they'll probably abandon their mission. Simply put, we're bluffing."
[OOC] Hauser: oh wait I'm remembering a name wrong
[OOC] Hauser: one sec lemme fix
[OOC] Hauser: -all instances of Sunwave this session +Bloodsun, WHOOPS
JayM: So thus is a plan born
[OOC] Hauser: no wait:
Hauser: "…I mean, Bloodsun. That was his name. Ahem. Sorry." Her armor ejects a plume of steam.
[OOC] Hauser: because I can totally imagine Hauser screwing up someone's name that long.
Hauser: "Fortunata. Lynn. Rohius. We have news to give. They'll be escaping through the catacombs while we bring in help, but…"
Hauser nods and heads out.
Lynne: "Right behind you."
You return, then, to the house where you were told you could contact Bloodsun. There you found… A lysmaker. You've met him before, yet you cannot remember his name at all, but he was Bloodsun's assistant back at the very first time you met him. He is currently holding up three pearls on his hands, near his ears. He looks at you when you enter "Don't quite need to tell me anything,
JayM: whoever didn't notice what you just did. Got him on their track already "
JayM: Seems like news were faster than your feet could take you
JayM: Good, at least saves you some time. Which you will have some now
JayM: With that the session comes to a close!
[OOC] JayM: Session End
[OOC] Hauser: Medkit kicks in for +300HP/+100 MP.
[OOC] JayM: +6987 XP/+518 Lucre/+28 AP
[OOC] Rohius: use tent?
Hauser: Hm, can we without spending time?
Julian: Yeah you can, like
Rohius: Jules I think okay.
Rohius: Jules I think okayed it, i meant.
Julian: Technically next session has you actually spending the night at a place, it involves the passage of time
Hauser: tent away
Julian: So you can definitely Tent in the meanwhile
Rohius: that's 500 HP and MP, right?
Hauser: HEY GRAV, CAN LYNNE EXTEND STATUSES
Lynne: nope :<
Hauser: is the potential to do so on her class
Lynne: doesn't seem to be so
Hauser: ah okay
[[code]]
</span>

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License