Cz 16

Contact Zero - Mission 16: A Queen's Crown
It had been more than a day already, a little aggravating as you've lost contact with White Fire for a good part of it, but that was apparently not enemy interference but a simple mishap. They are slowly and covertly, while stuck in a fierce electronic war, shifting the mining/exploration ship into a warship. One of the many properties of the Terra Nova mining ships, they can easily be
JayM: field-converted into many specialized forms, including this
That aside, there is little you can do help them up there (despite them having woken you up early in the day in order to pick your brains a little for technical knowledge), so you are mostly free to enjoy some free and relaxing time
Raf is, however, wandering the house worriedly, checking every corner
Fortunata grabs Raf by the collar as he passes by for what seems like the umpteenth time. "Hey! Settle down, what's got ya?"
Raf: "Ack! Sorry i'm getting a little worried. Kalis said she was going to teach me a local cake recipe but she's nowhere to be found. And by nowhere I mean not actually anywhere in the base, for what it seems"
Raf: "I mean- I don't know what's up but I figure it can't be much wrong"
Fortunata: "Well, that's problematic. We got any way of tracking her?"
Raf: "Well, we'd be able to use a long range sensor or something if that was the case but she's ought to be here still she wouldn't leave"
Hauser: "Didn't get picked up, did she?"
Raf: "Though I guess it wouldn't be any bad to check the security cameras I guess"
Fortunata: "So get on the comms and get the word out. You can't be expected to do everything yourself."
[OOC] Fortunata: Then again, I forgot if we had more crew here or not, other than us
[OOC] JayM: Just Raf, you and the doctor whose name I forgot
Raf pulls out his comm driver, the sort of model that is actually attached to the wrist, calls out the base's cameras and runs a quick check. Doesn't takes long to find the footage of Kalis. Of note is one wherein she is in the roof, apparently watching the sun rise in the distance. At some point she has some… Weird reaction, her wings closer to her body and feathers bristled, a clenched
JayM: fist, she clearly saw something that made her angry. There's footage of her running through base and dashing right out of the front door
Raf: "Wait, what. What is she doing?"
Hauser: "Leaving."
Fortunata: "Oh man. Looks like vengeance."
Lynne: "Should we intervene?"
Raf calls out another screen "Well, what do you think? Of course we should. Wanna see her dead out there?"
He checks it out "Grr. She's under the minimum range… Right, I didn't tell. But Lightbearer and Darkbearer both have pretty unique energy signatures… We should have a scanner that can find them but she must be under minimum… Dammit, come along" he runs off to the roof himself
Hauser races in close pursuit.
Once there, he stops. Somewhere along the run he has acquired a canister of… Water? He opens it up and starts litterally downing two liters of water in a matter of seconds. It leaves him out of breath, but he scans the horizon for a moment "But…" he calms himself for a moment, squinting his eyes "I can still…" he points "See her, there! That's as much pinpointing I can give. She
JayM: should be in town, I can see her aura from over here, it's strong but… In flux- Dammit, she's in trouble "
Fortunata: "Yeah, that's what I figure."
Fortunata: "We still got the bikes?"
Raf: "Yeah, just had to change a few connectors in them but they're fine"
Fortunata: "Then let's get out there. I don't want another loss on my hands."
JayM: Well… Getting to town is easy but
JayM: Here is the problem, he can't give you a better direction than a vague "Over there"
JayM: How to find her?
Fortunata: "We've got flares, don't we? We could spread out a bit."
Hauser nods. "I'll put a few likely energy signals up on our HUDs."
Fortunata: "To hell with being seen."
Hauser: "Might chase a few leygeysers in the meantime, but…"
Fortunata: "Then let's roll out."
JayM: Hrm… That's going to take a while to find her. But, over time, it might get near impossible not to, why not, I don't know… Give a Navigation [TN 3] check
Lynne: "Raf was able to detect her aura from here with great difficulty. If we close that distance, detection should be easy."
Lynne: "If we were to copy his technique, that is."
JayM: (that would be rather difficult, Lynne, as Raf's a tempestarian and that is, y'know, one of their innate abilities)
[OOC] Hauser: All my nav stuff is postroll.
Lynne: (right.)
Fortunata kicks up her bike into roaring wakefulness, and roars off in high fury and determination! [Lucky, Expertise]
[OOC] Hauser: Throw it, Fort!
Fortunata rolled 6d8 and got 2, 6, 7, 8, 8, 3 ( Total: 34 ) for TN 2
You manage to figure out where she is based on two things. First the energy readings, second, as you move over to that part of the town, an older part whose buildings a little (that's an euphemism) less cared for, a little bit more seedy, you start to notice some… Damage
Fortunata: "If this is another colossus I'm gonna fuckin' lose it! RAAAAAAAAH!"
Along the way, as each of you try to track her separately to cover more terrain, you find quite a few things of note, of particular various buildings with char marks that seem as if whoever it was hit the target (those of you with knowledge of battle or magic can put those as damage from holy-type magic), damage on the ground and terrain matching that of other elements as well but those
JayM: are more missed strikes. Whatever happened here was a big fight, a moving one actually
Damage aside, after a while and as you come closer to a pretty large abandoned building you start seeing a lot more… Bloodstains, not the sort caused by a battle but a wounded warrior. There are two large berial guarding the door in, althoug they seem hurt and winded, presumably recovering still
JayM: There is shouting
Hauser shouts: "Move aside!"
Fortunata: "Or I'll run you both down!"
Berial: "More of them?!"
Fortunata: "By the gods, I'll do it! Move! MOVE!"
Fortunata revs the engine threateningly.
JayM: They're going to stand in your way! How about an Intimidation [TN 4] to get through the entire mess?
JayM: Or perhaps
JayM: A Pilot [TN 5] because you've got your bikes and you are brave
[OOC] Fortunata: I'm at about the same with both, a Lucky.
[OOC] Fortunata: Er, a Lucky Mental and a Reliable Technical
[OOC] Hauser: Nothing in technical I have is as good as the TN advantage on Intimidation. Let's rock!
[OOC] Lynne: same, in that I have noth- wait
[OOC] Lynne: I do have Lucky and Do Over for technical
Fortunata stares the pair down. "You really want to test your luck, lads? Or lasses, I don't give a shit."
[OOC] Fortunata: Looking up Hauser realquick
[OOC] Fortunata: We have a rolling advantage in Pilot, we have a difficulty advantage in Intimidation
[OOC] Fortunata: Personally I say we take the former, any objections?
[OOC] Hauser: None, let em hit the deck.
Fortunata takes the lack of response as assent and lets the engine roar into life, barreling toward the door, heedless of guards!
Fortunata rolled 6d8 and got 2, 4, 7, 8, 1, 7 ( Total: 29 ) for first roll
[OOC] Lynne: fine with me, yeah
[OOC] Fortunata: Nailed it!
Lynne looks back and forth between Fort and the door, a bit hesitant- but follows right behind, bracing for impact!
You rush right through, the two berial just jump out of the way, not able to fight. You ride up the first set of stairs but the stairways are too narrow for your bikes to fit, at least with your driving skills because you don't want to drive right out of the wrong window by accident. After a floor up you hoof it on foot, more than one group moves to stop you, and one does actually gets
JayM: in front of you but it's quickly shoved aside, the other are just too wounded to try to put up a fight
Soon enough you reach the highest floor, busting through the door. There you see Kalis unlike you've seen her rather meek self before, she is like a beast possessed, with a single backhand from her left hand she sends a lysmaker flying away into the wall, she conjures a beam of light at a succubus that was trying to cast a spell at her, knocking him out in one shot. However, she looks
JayM: tired, definitely did not know how to pace herself throught whatever big melee she just summoned forth
Kalis: "Shilleka!!!"
Fortunata: "What? Nevermind that, what're you doing HERE?"
The reason for her scream is seen across the room. There are… Many people, although basically all of them are… Chained or restrained, a few are caged. What is this? Among them is Shilleka, inside a cage, looking desperate. And there is also this man, a skimaker in a deep black armor
Fortunata: "What've you gotten your-"
Fortunata: "Oh. Oh, I see."
He is… Missing one of his tiny arms, carries no weapons but he is staring down Kalis and the party "My, my. So the adjuticator has friends. That is news
Skimaker: "But if they're as strong as you are, I don't think they'll be a problem"
Fortunata cracks her neck to one side. "You wanna lose your other are, buddy?"
[OOC] Fortunata: arm*
Fortunata: "Or any of the other ones. I'm not particularly choosy."
Skimaker: "Wordy, aren't you? Enough of that, about time I added a lightbearer to my inventory"
Fortunata: "No time for that…"
He raises his left hand, tendrils of dark energy moving with it as the chains on one of the people, a lady erynies, come undone, and she steps forward silently at his side
Fortunata draws her blade. "But you may reflect upon your deeds during your journey to the other side!"
Hauser draws her sword and steps forward.
JayM: Battle order: Lynne [B]:0 Blade Fox [F]:2 Fortunata [F]:4 Hauser [F]:4 Shadowcaster the Catcher [F]:5 Beastmaster Bandit B [F]:6 !! Warning !! [F]:70
JayM: Status for Shadowcaster the Catcher [F] : [====================]
JayM: Status for Beastmaster Bandit B [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Blade Fox [F] : [==========]
Kalis can't quite move so tired she's become, but this man is going to take the chance to take you all down. The erynies whistles and a small beast you haven't seen in a long while comes bounding from somehwere
JayM: Kalis will have her wind back by tick 70
Lynne stares at the skimaker and encants while gesturing - mimicing his own dark tendril to mask his eyes and ears as a purple venomous seal affixes to his chest. [Dualcast Poison+Blind, 30D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 5 ( Total: 5 ) for CoS 80 poison
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for CoS 80 blind
Lynne: (still 6)
JayM: Lynne opens up the battle! - http://youtu.be/Yr-Z8yudQ6w
JayM: Gathered hexes, you makr your GM more jealous than you imagine
[OOC] Lynne: holy balls that is now 200 MP
The little Blade Fox rushes up to Fortunata and delivrs a slashing pass-by attack, turns around and does the same, seven times in sequence for a [Chainstrike]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 39 ( Total: 39 ) **
JayM rolled 1d8+72 and got 8 ( Total: 80 )
JayM: Striking her continually and getting her off-balance dealing [80] Physical damage and Delay 5
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 848/1041 | MP: 798/798 | SoS: 260 | Normal
Fortunata laughs it off. "Psh, really?"
JayM: Hauser!
Hauser wades in, chopping into the Blade Fox. [Cool Edge - 54D] Her armor exhausts, sending ripples through the mirage of her wings!
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 16 ( Total: 16 )
Hauser rolled 1d12+220 and got 6 ( Total: 226.0 )
JayM: A direct hit, that hurt it deeply
Shadowcaster grins, roaring as a dark aura envelops him as he performs a [Power Charge]
The Beastmaster Bandit just closes her eyes, her scarves move rather lifelessly in front of her, in a feeble recreation of [Rally Health] on the skimaker, granting him Regen(5)
Fortunata: "…don't do anything rash with that one just yet."
JayM: Battle order: Fortunata [F]:0 Blade Fox [F]:20 Lynne [B]:21 Beastmaster Bandit B [F]:33 Shadowcaster the Catcher [F]:41 Hauser [F]:49 !! Warning !! [F]:61
JayM: Status for Shadowcaster the Catcher [F] : [====================] Blind(5) Poison(5) En-Shadow(4) Regen(5)
JayM: Status for Beastmaster Bandit B [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Blade Fox [F] : [====== ]
JayM: Fortunata!
JayM: And no the En-Shadow was not part of [Power Charge]'s effect
JayM: I just forgot an SBW there
Fortunata points her blade at the Catcher. "You, who spirit away innocents to a life of slavery in a brooding tower… your kind has been dealt with before!" She then brings her blade up into a parrying stance, as it begins crackling with energy… [Razor Gale Stance x4, 40D]
JayM: Wow, hold on, lassie. Okay let me do this in order in case you get hit with some effect, two now, and one after the Blade Fox
The Blade Fox continues it's relentless assault on Fortunata!
JayM: Right sorry
JayM: That was a [Chainstrike[
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
JayM rolled 1d8+72 and got 2 ( Total: 74 )
JayM: Dealing another [74] Physical Melee damage!
JayM: And Delayed 5, of course
JayM: Lynne!
Rohius hears commotion and runs towards the source! (Join battle, issat d 93?)
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 804/1041 | MP: 798/798 | SoS: 260 | Normal
Rohius joins the fray! wherever he was, you wouldn't know. Perhaps he came as well and you didn't notice?
[OOC] Hauser: Naw, if it's for the first time, you get the 30D Join Battle one, not Return To.
Rohius: (23 d then!)
JayM: Battle order: Lynne [B]:0 Beastmaster Bandit B [F]:12 Fortunata [F]:14 Shadowcaster the Catcher [F]:20 Rohius [B]:23 Blade Fox [F]:26 Hauser [F]:28 !! Warning !! [F]:40
JayM: Status for Shadowcaster the Catcher [F] : [================ ] Blind(5) Poison(5) En-Shadow(4) Regen(5)
JayM: Status for Beastmaster Bandit B [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Blade Fox [F] : [====== ]
JayM: Here we go
Lynne: Lynne gestures - the dark tendrils wind about Shadowcaster's other limbs, robbing them of precious flexibility and swiftness! [Slow, 20D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 58 ( Total: 58 ) for 85 CoS
JayM: Slowed
The Beastmaster Bandit says words- Empty words, certainly without will, but the magic of [Rally Strength] is sufficient to grant the Blade Fox Brave(5)
JayM: Fortunata!
JayM: Guarding again or striking?
Fortunata brings her blade up into the air, roaring at the top of her lungs - "BLOOD AND THUNDER!" - and slams her blade down across the Shadowcaster's left side - [Razor Gale +50%, 44D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 71 ( Total: 71 ) for 90/10
JayM: Direct hit!
Fortunata rolled 1d10*1.5+160*1.5 and got 2 ( Total: 243.0 )
JayM: Lynne!
Fortunata nimbly leaps back closer to her allies, her blade still sparking with stray spell energy.
Lynne breathes deeply and stares into the beastmaster's anima… then fires as shot from her weapon at a red chain-like tendril binding her mind to her body, trying to snipe the black one binding her to Shadowcaster but without any luck. [Berserk, 20D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 41 ( Total: 41 ) for CoS 80
JayM: The wonder of enchantments like those, he roars
JayM: Berserk(6)!
The dark aura which had gathered on him dissipates as he no longer has the focus to keep it. He rushes at you-
Targets: Lynne
JayM: Striking Lynne directly!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 )
He brings his powerful [Glory Fist] to bear against her, but blinded as he is, he misses by a mile
JayM: Rohius!
[OOC] Rohius: who do you want me to try and blind/poison?
[OOC] Rohius: Or is someone seriously hurt?
Lynne leaps back, feeling the breeze from the whiff and sighing a bit in relief.
[OOC] Hauser: prob the bandit, as untouched + full health + neither blinded nor poisoned.
[OOC] Fortunata: I am mildly bruised.
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 804/1041 | MP: 798/798 | SoS: 260 | Normal
[OOC] Lynne: Blind on the bandit would be optimal as it's berserked
[OOC] Fortunata: Most of it from before the session even started.
JayM: Oh
JayM blinks
JayM tilts his head
JayM: Fuck that, I miscalculated
JayM: You aimed at the bandit not the boss
JayM: Secodn while I redo all that
Ahem
[OOC] Lynne: Right, the goal of that was "make the buffs stop"
As the shit strikes the dark tendril, crimson energy spread through it, and the bandit shouts in pain. Shadowcaster tugs at the tendrils a little bit, and she begins to growl
Still, he grins, raising his left hand up "That won't help you! [Grim Reaper's Scythe]!" a blade of jet-black energy forms on his hand, and he brings it to bear on Lynne, because she is proving to be the worst thing here
JayM rolled 1d12+260,200% and got 3 ( Total: 526.0 )
Also rolled 1d100 and got 21 [Total: 21]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 547.0
JayM: Ooops
The dark blade strikes deep and true, tearing apart her body for [591] Magical Shadow damage and inflicting a deep wound at that which binds her body and spirit together causing Condemn(4)
JayM: (forgot en-element for a moment)
JayM: Battle order: Rohius [B]:0 Blade Fox [F]:3 Hauser [F]:5 Lynne [B]:17 !! Warning !! [F]:17 Beastmaster Bandit B [F]:25 Fortunata [F]:35 Shadowcaster the Catcher [F]:52
JayM: Status for Shadowcaster the Catcher [F] : [============ ] Blind(4) Poison(4) En-Shadow(3) Regen(4) Slow(5)
JayM: Status for Beastmaster Bandit B [F] : [==========] Berserk(6)
JayM: Status for Blade Fox [F] : [====== ] Brave(5)
JayM: There now, Rohius can act
[OOC] Rohius: Okay, healing Lynne
Rohius raises a hand to Lynne. "Regeneration acceleration online. Discharge!" (Gaia's Gift, d 43)
Rohius rolled 1d12+216 and got 8 ( Total: 224.0 )
A warm energy takes to Lynne's body, healing her
Lynne tumbles backwards from the blow for a good few yards, clutching the wound on her chest and she picks herself up. "Damn… You'll regret that!"
then turns to Rohius and nods in appreciation.
The Blade Fox looks confused for a moment
[OOC] Rohius: HP: 938/938 MP: 838/938
[OOC] Lynne: [B] HP: 365/712 | MP: 517/1001 | SoS: 178 | Condemn (4)
Then it randomly attacks Hauser with it's [Tail Blade]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 3 ( Total: 3 )
JayM rolled 1d8+72 and got 8 ( Total: 80 )
JayM: Dealing [100] Physical Melee damage
JayM: Hauser!
Hauser parries - [64]! She spreads her arm wide. "Sensors are flaring. Everyone on guard." [Fortress - 44D] [Enjoy 4/5 defense factor, party! 3/5 vs. Group.]
[OOC] Hauser: HP: 658/722, MP: 678/828, SoS: 180 [========]
JayM: Lynne!
Kalis takes a few deep breaths, standing up slowly, looking at the party, then at Hauser
JayM: You can let her act first, or after
Fortunata: "Kalis. Calm yourself."
Kalis: "I…"
Kalis: "I told Shilleka not to take this job but she did…"
Kalis: "I should have stopped her…"
Kalis: "I WILL save her even if it takes all I have!"
Fortunata: "Hey, cool it. That's what we're here for."
Fortunata: "…!"
Kalis: "I'll… Try"
Lynne targets the same red chain binding Shadowcaster together, blasting it with a beam of light - She incants at the same time, the black tendrils coninuing further to tie him down to the floor! "You will face your punishment, damn you!" [Dualcast Berserk, Immobilize, 30D]
JayM: The ties that bind, mind to body, body to reality
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 39 ( Total: 39 ) for 80 CoS berserk
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 20 ( Total: 20 ) for 80 CoS Immobilize
Kalis nods to Lynne, runs ahead of the party for a moment "I'll take you all down! Terrabreaker!" she raises her left fist and brings it down on the ground, powerful shockwaves shaking everyone and everything! [400] damage to the enemies [200] to the party! (that was a fixed-damage Earthquake)
Fortunata: "Augh! I said cool it!"
Kalis then stumbles back, dizzy and tired, almost topples over but gets behind the party again [100D]
[OOC] Fortunata: 3/5 because group?
JayM: Well, she can help, action depends on the party's current state but, she is falling apart, takes a long while to recover
Rohius: "Arrrrgh! Calm down, dammit!"
[OOC] Fortunata: Hauser powers activate
[OOC] Hauser: 3/5 because group~
JayM: Her strike takes down the little beast
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 684/1041 | MP: 798/798 | SoS: 260 | Normal
JayM: Battle order: Beastmaster Bandit B [F]:0 Blade Fox [F]:5 Fortunata [F]:10 Rohius [B]:18 Lynne [B]:22 Hauser [F]:24 Shadowcaster the Catcher [F]:38 Kalis [F]:92
JayM: Status for Shadowcaster the Catcher [F] : [=========== ] Blind(4) Poison(4) En-Shadow(3) Regen(4) Slow(5) Berserk(6) Immobilize(6)
JayM: Status for Beastmaster Bandit B [F] : [====== ] Berserk(6)
JayM: Status for Blade Fox [F] : [-KO-] Brave(4)
The Beastmaster Bandit is… Angry? Her eyes are clouded
Targets: Rohius
Hauser slams her gauntlet down into the ground as Kalis slams hers, diverting the shockwaves in a fork away from her party. [Fortress proc]
JayM: She pulls out a whip and strikes it hard against Rohius
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 54 ( Total: 54 )
JayM rolled 1d10+48 and got 5 ( Total: 53 )
JayM: Dealing [79] Physical Melee damage
[OOC] Rohius: HP: 739/938 MP: 838/938
JayM: Fortunata!
[OOC] Hauser: 4/5 against that, Roh. Fortress!
Rohius 's face bleeds, but he doesn't recoil, just glares murder at the beastmaster. "I'm going to take that as " I'm stupid, please kill me horribly and painfully. "
[OOC] JayM: That is 66
Rohius looks at what Fortunata's doing first.
Fortunata just shakes her head and takes up a parrying stance once more. [Razor Gale Stance x2, 20D]
[OOC] Fortunata: That doesn't cut across enemy inits.
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius: "Right then." He vomits a stream of boiling acid at the beastmaster's face! (Acid, d 43)
Rohius rolled 1d6+144 and got 4 ( Total: 148.0 )
Rohius rolled 1d100 and got 82 ( Total: 82 ) for 35% poison 4
Rohius rolled 1d100 and got 68 ( Total: 68 ) for 35% blind 4
JayM: Poor girl
Fortunata: "…can we not do that again, please?"
JayM: Lynne!
Fortunata: "That one's ensorcelled."
Rohius sees it's not working as well as planned… "…what?"
Rohius pales.
Fortunata: "Puppets, Rohius, puppets."
Rohius: "What."
Lynne pants, exhausted from landing every spell ever, opting to just scream and shoot the jerk with a burning hot beam. [Flamestrike on Shadowcaster, 50D]
JayM: Fire!
Rohius looks… ill. Very seriously ill. "What's… what's controlling them?"
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 45 ( Total: 45 ) for CoS 90
JayM: (literally)
JayM: A direct strike!
Lynne rolled 1d12+148 and got 10 ( Total: 158.0 )
JayM: Hauser!
[OOC] Hauser: Init repost?
Rohius: "What… what the hell is controlling them then?"
JayM: Battle order: Hauser [F]:0 Fortunata [F]:6 Shadowcaster the Catcher [F]:14 Beastmaster Bandit B [F]:22 Rohius [B]:37 Lynne [B]:48 Kalis [F]:68
JayM: Status for Shadowcaster the Catcher [F] : [========== ] Blind(4) Poison(4) En-Shadow(3) Regen(4) Slow(5) Berserk(6) Immobilize(6)
JayM: Status for Beastmaster Bandit B [F] : [==== ] Berserk(5)
JayM: Yep
Fortunata: "The skeevy motherfucker with five arms too many."
Hauser: "Follow my lead." She closes in, delivering a slash to the Catcher. [Charge Edge - 54D]
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 16 ( Total: 16 ) for C95
Hauser rolled 1d12+220 and got 1 ( Total: 221.0 )
JayM: A direct hit
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata stands her ground! [Continuing stance 10D across enemy init.]
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 684/1041 | MP: 798/798 | SoS: 260 | Entrench 50% (U)
Rohius feels the world spin. He just committed vitrolage on what amounts to a mind controlled girl. He'll heal her after this, it's the only way to atone…
Shadowcaster once again strikes with full power on someone
Targets: Hauser
He runs right at Hauser and delivers his best [Glory Fist] at her
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
His left fist connects right with her gut, he grabs her shoulder, reads back his fist again- But his reaction is slow and she breaks away after just the first hit, but that was bad enough
JayM rolled 1d8+120,125 and got 6 ( Total: 157.5 )
JayM: Because it alone dealt [157] Physical Melee damage
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata continues! [10D across Bandit's turn, also momentary afk]
She sways back and forth, swinging her whip
Targets: Kalis
She hits Kalis way back, who shields herself with a wing [+20D]
JayM: Fortunata again!
JayM: Battle order: Fortunata [F]:0 Rohius [B]:11 Lynne [B]:22 Hauser [F]:28 Shadowcaster the Catcher [F]:30 Beastmaster Bandit B [F]:42 Kalis [F]:62
JayM: Status for Shadowcaster the Catcher [F] : [======== ] Blind(3) Poison(3) En-Shadow(2) Regen(3) Slow(4) Berserk(5) Immobilize(5)
JayM: Status for Beastmaster Bandit B [F] : [==== ] Berserk(4)
JayM: Here now
Fortunata waits just a few more moments… [+10D] … then lashes out at the Shadowcaster's right side this time! [Razor Gale +100%, 44D, so 54D total]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 39 ( Total: 39 ) for 90/10
Fortunata rolled 1d10*2+160*2 and got 8 ( Total: 336.0 )
Rohius starts inhaling energy…
JayM: A powerful direct hit!
JayM: Rohius!
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 684/1041 | MP: 798/798 | SoS: 260 | Normal
Rohius 's tattoos flare! "Activating doppleganger sequence… energy intake satisfied… safety parameters off. Fire!" He aims his rifle at the shadow caster and fires a powerful shot! (Mimic, d 53)
Rohius rolled 1d100 and got 52 ( Total: 52 ) for 80/15
Rohius rolled 1d12*2+120*2 and got 1 ( Total: 242.0 )
JayM: A direct heavy impact!
JayM: Lynne!
Lynne continues blasting away, the imminent spell trigger causing further nervous sweat to break out… [Attack, 50D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 24 ( Total: 24 ) for CoS 90
Lynne rolled 1d12+135 and got 3 ( Total: 138.0 )
JayM: Hauser!
JayM: As that was a pretty breat strike
[OOC] Lynne: [B] HP: 245/712 | MP: 235/1001 | SoS: 178 | Condemn (1)
[OOC] Lynne: but it's nothing I would worry about
Hauser spins her blade in hand - its catches engage, the blade extending, phasing in, blue sparks shooting like glow in a thundercloud through the center. She rushes in towards the Catcher, carving through hanging chains to clear her path! [Shock Drive - 54D]
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 36 ( Total: 36 ) for C95
JayM: A powerful direct hit! No elemental properties!
Hauser drives it deep into his chest, the blade sparking, too white-hot to parry with any arms he doesn't wish to lose. "You lay a finger on guests of the Fourth Kingdom… and this is what you get!"
Hauser rolled 1d12*1.25+400*1.25 and got 9 ( Total: 511.25 )
The blade drives right through his chest, sparks course through his body, between the blade and the ground and walls. As she pulls the blade out, the wound has been so deeply burned it isn't even bleeding [511]
JayM: He growls, still bound by the enfeeblement of mind
Targets: Lynne
Fortunata: "Damn, he's still standing!"
Shadowcaster goes straight towards Lynne, bringing his [Glory Fist] down on her
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 64 ( Total: 64 )
JayM rolled 1d8 and got 3 ( Total: 3 )
JayM rolled 1d8+120,125 and got 2 ( Total: 152.5 )
[OOC] Rohius: Is… isn't he still blind?
JayM: Oops, acrossrows and blinded
JayM: I guess that was a very bad fakeout, eh
The Beastmaster Bandit too is raging
Targets: Kalis
[OOC] Lynne: It's okay, I could taken it
JayM: Hitting Kalis again, whoa [+20D]
[OOC] Lynne: also wondering if I should have gotten Evasion for my shield now…
JayM: Battle order: Fortunata [F]:0 Rohius [B]:10 Lynne [B]:18 Shadowcaster the Catcher [F]:18 Hauser [F]:28 Kalis [F]:28 Beastmaster Bandit B [F]:34
JayM: Status for Shadowcaster the Catcher [F] : [=== ] Blind(2) Poison(2) En-Shadow(1) Regen(2) Slow(3) Berserk(4) Immobilize(4)
JayM: Status for Beastmaster Bandit B [F] : [==== ] Berserk(3)
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata: "Man, it's just not worth the bother now."
Fortunata cuts toward the Shadowcaster and slashes across the wound Hauser made, aggravating it further - [Attack, 44D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 21 ( Total: 21 ) for 80/10
Fortunata rolled 1d10+160 and got 3 ( Total: 163.0 )
Rohius: "Permission to see if he has anything worth taking?"
Shadowcaster wobbles, hardly standing up
Fortunata: "I don't care."
Hauser: "Take him out."
Rohius prepares to assimilate… then he glares at Shadowmaster. "You know… thinking about it now… I don't want any part of you in me." He shoots him. (Attack, d 53)
Rohius rolled 1d100 and got 71 ( Total: 71 ) for 80/15
Rohius rolled 1d12+120 and got 7 ( Total: 127.0 )
JayM: A hit right where it hurts!
JayM: Lynne?
JayM: Make it a worthy final strike!
Lynne: "I think… This is all I've got… but… I refuse to submit without a fight!" [Flamestrike, 50D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 39 ( Total: 39 ) for CoS 90
JayM: A direct strike
Lynne rolled 1d12+148 and got 8 ( Total: 156.0 )
A crimson burning beam strikes true, straight through the heart-
The impact sends him backwards, he seems to hang in the air for a moment… Before falling over, armor shattering to pieces as he falls, light gone from his eyes
As that happens, the Beastmaster Bandit has a strange reaction, like deep in pain for a moment, she staggers and squirms for a minute, before falling over (she's still alive it's okay)
JayM: Victory!
Fortunata: "And that's why I said to lay off."
Fortunata sheathes her sword.
Rohius moves over to the Beastmaster and heals the damage he did. (Gaia's Gift.)
Kalis seems to not really care about the battle winding down, as the battle comes to a close she immediately rushes towards the cage where Shilleka is, she can't quite reach it as her legs fault and run out of strength to support her body. Even still, she graps at the lock and simply tears it apart with her left hand, grabbing her sister in her arms "Sis… Sis I told you not to leave"
Fortunata: "Alright, let's get these prisoners out of here and get 'em some treatment before the whole works starts fallin' on our heads."
Shilleka seems… Utterly, completely confused as to what is happening now, even as she is embraced, Hauser catches a glimpse of her staring straight at her. And then she seems as if she wakens from a trance, yet still knows everything that happened. She holds her sister tight "I-i… I didn't think it'd… End like this"
Fortunata: "…that's usually how things like this end up."
JayM: Nah, it's okay
Rohius sighs and walks over to Kalis, using the same spell on her. "You both need more help than we can provide. Let's… let's get out of here."
JayM: This is an old and sturdy building, it's not going to fall on you just yet
Rohius: "Lynne, you need healing?"
Kalis tries standing up but, she is just clear out of strength. And she is too heavy for Shilleka, no matter how much she tries
Lynne holds her arm out for a moment, still sweating, feeling the curse slowly wear off, as she drops to a knee, arms shaking. "Y-yeah, I… I'd like that."
JayM: Rohius that bandit is… Breathing and well. She seems completely unconscious, but well enough… You know, for everyone except Rohius she actually looks a little familiar
[OOC] Fortunata: Can I get help her out? I have a EE Physical I could burn.
JayM: I guess escaping being captured by you didn't end up too well for her, did she
Rohius drops two Gaia's Gifts on Lynne.
[OOC] Rohius: HP: 752/938 MP: 238/938
JayM: Helping her back isn't a problem, you'll just have to get a little cozy in the bikes, is all
Rohius rolled 2#1d12+216(1) and got 1 ( Total: 217.0 )
Also rolled 2#1d12+216(2) and got 7 [Total: 223.0 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 440.0, Avg: 4.00
[OOC] Lynne: nearly at full now!
JayM: It is then time to head back home, before something else happens
JayM: Unless you have something in particular you want to happen
[OOC] Rohius: I say we use a tent.
Fortunata: "Alright, let's just get these people some help before someone finds out what happened."
Lynne picks herself back up. "My thanks, Rohius." She smiles and nods, then steps up to the fiend… She stands over him for a moment, staring, then grabs a piece of its broken armor and pockets it, as a reminder. "…Almost didn't make it. I need to be stronger…" She then leaves with the rest.
JayM rolled 5d100 and got 98, 92, 69, 1, 91 ( Total: 351 ) **
JayM: A piece of thebroken armor? How about the best part, it's [Broken Gauntlet - T5 Boss]?
JayM: T5
JayM: Wtf
JayM: T3
[OOC] Lynne: it's okay if you want it to be tier 5
[OOC] Lynne: :3
JayM: (and on the remains of the Blade Fox, a [Blade Tail - T2 Offensive]
Getting help for them isn't hard at all. As you head outside the building you are soon intercepted by Raf "Let's get outta here quick" , this is just the second time you've seen him wearing this cloak and headband, last time was during the attack, perhaps this is his battle outfit, he is insistent on you leaving those people behind but for good reason. A group of town guards is headed this
JayM: way, directed, or rather misdirected, cleverly by Raf. You could easily slip away without being noticed
Rohius: "I say we leave now while the leaving's good."
Fortunata: "Yeah."
And you quickly abscond with yourselves, off into the shadows and back to headquarters. You take the sisters to the medbay, wherein it will be up to the doctor to figure out the puzzle that is ensuring their health, but for now, you can trust him
JayM: And with that, this short mission comes to a close
JayM: Session End!
Julian: Lemme tally up XP
[OOC] Julian: +1166 EXP/+2 AP] from that second skill check
[OOC] Julian: +5120 EXP/+782 Lucre/+25 AP] from the bossfight
Fortunata: hnnnngh'

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License