Cz 15

Contact Zero - Mission 15: Stoic Scales
It had been… A day. Serving as escorts to Gigio you got to witness what people here are likely to do when a coming-of-age ceremony goes perfectly right, but not to their spectations. Yet, for your surprise, you arrived home not to the usual rather bland food that Raf prepard, but a hearty and tasty meal, prepared by Kalis
That was, however, yesterday
As the day rises anew it seems to be idle for the early hours, Kalis seems to bustle around the headquarters, doing her best to be useful or seem useful at least whereas Shilleka had vanished in the early hours of the morning. The White Fire seems to be okay for now, they still have you on standby and it seems like it will be a lazy day until…
At some point as the morning turns into noon Raf runs around tagging the party "Everyone, come on, an emergency" he pulls you all towards the briefing room
Rohius herpderps over to the room!
Fortunata grumbles about as she trudges there. She'd spent all night blade training, well past the point where she should have turned in for the day.
Instead of dealing with the main screen as usual, Raf has what seems like an orb of light in his hands, it is faltering and vanishing "Look hear-" at his words, the orb vanishes "Argh, Ultima's golden wings- Sorry didn't think it'd fail right now"
Raf: "Anyway… That was… A message"
Fortunata: "It's gone now."
Raf: "Never had seen a messenger spell like that, but that was definitely from Gigio, requesting help but-"
Raf: "The thing was so weak when it got here I only got part of the message the best I know is that he needs SOME help, and not even where he is, but someone is wounded and it's not him"
Lynne: "How do you propose we organize a rescue when we don't know where he is located?"
Raf: "Well… Did any of you had SAR training? Ideas?"
JayM: Unless anyone in the party has An Actual Idea a [TN 4] Navigation skill check could give you a solution
Lynne frowns and activates the communications pearl. "Gigio? Can you hear me?"
Fortunata: "Well, if I could sniff out the tiny little traces of magic from here to there…" [Lucky]
[OOC] Rohius: aptitude +1 wilderness
[OOC] Rohius: er, +1 to a reel.
The pearl echoes some sound- It's distant… Actually it's extremely faint, you don't know what is going on exactly but-
JayM: You sure it's him you're hearing but the sound is like a really bad phone call that is so distant you can't make out words
Fortunata twitches her ears in disgust. "Although with this, it'd be like trying to follow a butterfly through a monsoon."
Rohius: "…hmmm."
[OOC] Rohius: anyone else have mods?
[OOC] Lynne: Nope
[OOC] Lynne: Unless we can apply some magic triangulation or something
[OOC] Rohius: not a bad idea
[OOC] Lynne: I suppose we do have that orb as another signal…
[OOC] Fortunata: Well, I do have Expertise
JayM: Now wouldn't that be an interesting method?
[OOC] Fortunata: Want me to burn it?
[OOC] Fortunata: Or you guys can go with that if it feels more thematic :D
[OOC] Rohius: I have an idea, running it by gm
Rohius: "…wait. I think I might have an idea."
Rohius: "Certain areas cause screw ups in comms, father taught me. If we look for those…"
[OOC] Rohius: so, lucky adds another reel, and mine adds +1, so 7d8?
[OOC] Rohius: Or did I do it wrong?
[OOC] Lynne: What would we have if we did magic lore to get a location?
JayM: Lucky adds in fact another ree and yours adds +1 to a reel
JayM: Hrm… You know if you combine Rohius's skill with a little bit of data analysis you could certainly make use of a [TN 2] Magic Lore check instead, yeah
Rohius: "…where did he last check in at, if at all? We can look for areas with leyline disruption points…"
[OOC] Lynne: I'd have a Reliable and a Scrape By… after this session I am thinking of using my retrain this tier to swap Expertise (Learning) for Expertise (Magic Lore) if that's ok
Raf thinks "Well, last I know he contacted us was where you left him, he can't have travelled too far"
JayM: Of course it's okay, Lynne
JayM: So let's do this with a Magic Lore check. It's no longer a matter of wether you find him or not. It's a matter now of how fast you do that
[OOC] Fortunata: One moment, looking something up
Fortunata: "Whoa! If it truly IS a question of magic, then I can sniff it out in no time! Bwahaha!" [Lucky, EE available but lol]
Rohius: "Yes, look for areas that would output a large amount of psuedochi, that would disrupt ether comms…"
Lynne: "Right, considering the particular patterns of static, I could wager a guess. There was a bit of distinct flora-aether interference, or rather, if you compared it to the water…" ((Reliable))
Hauser arrives a little bit late, snapping a quick salute. "Got most of what I missed off the comms. Any luck?"
Rohius: "We've got a plan of attack."
Hauser: "That's my favorite kind of plan. Fill me in, Rohius."
Rohius: "We're looking for areas that geo-energy might disrupt comms. Since the transmission was garbled and it's ether based, I'm making an assumption that it's the result of leyline interference. So far no one has pointed out any massive flaws in this line of logic."
Lynne rolled 6d8 and got 7, 4, 6, 6, 8, 5 ( Total: 36 ) **
Hauser nods. "So, point us down a line and see what scares up?"
Rohius: "More or less…"
Rohius: "It's not a perfect plan, but I work with what I have."
Hauser: "No, it's good."
Hauser: "You'd be surprised what you can cobble together and just find to stick."
It takes a small bit of searching, but basing on his last known position and some readings that your gear is, well, set to do automatically as part of battle procedures you have a small area of possible interference zones, narrowed down to three areas. A short bit of communication with the White Fire and it seems like they have the capacity to use their passive long-range sensors without
JayM: a problem right now, and with that you manage to match up the precise interference pattern- Bingo, you know exactly where he is
Fortunata: "That time when the mages and the scientists stopped squabbling. That was a glorious beginning."
JayM: It's rather far, though. Going at the speed the Rolys go it'd take a very long time, your fastest vehicles, the two bikes, can make it in a few hours if you redline them all the way… But they ARE speed vehicles that can kind of do that
Fortunata: "I love technology."
Fortunata would much prefer to take the bikes. :D
Hauser: "Yeah, we're riding. Don't expect us to be in good condition for the return trip, but…"
Lynne: "I don't see riding local as being an option this time. Let's make sure we have any supplies we need and ride fast."
Hauser: "Hmph. Right. Together we ride." She nods, turns, and leaves the room, heading for the hangar bay.
Raf: "Don't worry, we've a set of replacement gear for those bikes. Y'know, they're from an exploration-slash-mining company, they're tough"
Hauser calls back: "You're sayin' that now!"
On the hangar, you don't dally and get on the bikes fast. Jumping on them and it's far more comfortable than the last time you did so, when you were hurting so much. They rev up with a sound that should crack a smile on your face from their potency. And off you go
Fortunata: "Aww yeah."
Running full speed requires you to stick to the main road for a good while, takes about three hours before you get in the general area and need to go offroad. Jumping off the main road and into the woods you go flying, dodging between trees and over brush, at this speed and with their reinforced fronts you even can afford to run headlong into a couple of trees. And you eventually find
JayM: the place you are looking for… It's not so much a cave and more like someone blasted a hole in the cliff face. There are definite signs of struggle, specially with tree ripped from the ground, blood, gigantic claws marks…
Fortunata: "…well now."
Fortunata: "Someone's having a bad day."
Hauser: "…Feels like we just chased a tornado."
As you stop your bikes start hissing loudly, a compartment on the sides of both click open, ejecting a cylinder burning so hot that the grass it touches is turned to ash, it's white so hot it is
Hauser: "Think we better proceed on-"
Hauser: "…Yeah."
JayM: Seems like not even the bike's heat sink could handle it, going to take a fair bit before they cool
Hauser veers to a stop underneath a tree. She gives the cylinder a brief look - sympathy? - before climbing up towards the cave.
Hauser: "Company forward."
Lynne: "No turning back. Following your lead." Lynne readies her weapon and tails the front line.
Rohius heads up front.
The cave, the cave is… Not that large, it's actually rather small, and you have bend over a little bit to make your way in. It's not lit at all and it's rather deep. After just a moment, though, you see a light source further ahead, a slightly larger chamber, you get the feeling this entire cave was artifically made. Inside it is… It's Gigio, he seems… Calm? No, more in a zen-like
JayM: state of shock, so deeply distressed he isn't distressed anymore. There is a simple fire magicite in the ground burning for light, close to Gigio is…
That child from be fore, when you last met him? There's definitely blood, althoug he seems to breath. He is covered by a… It seems like a blanket, except made out of scales, lightly glowing scales much like Gigio's. The child twitches, even as it is rests it is in pain
Lynne: "Gigio, it's us." Lynne softly gets his attention.
He looks at Lynne, he seems a little… Confused? More like unsure wether to feel happy or not "You came- Someone at last please!"
Gigio: "You have to find Maria!"
Hauser: "Yes. Yes we do."
Fortunata: "Why is it that Maria is always the problem?"
Fortunata: "Er, in general. Not… necessarily THIS Maria."
Gigio: "Please, we… We were attacked by a souleater colossus… The kid got hurt she- She… She went off to try to bait him away, please, please you have to find her!"
Fortunata: "Oh… boy."
Hauser nods. "Head out and follow the wreckage, or…"
Hauser: "…Deeper in here…?"
Gigio: "Outside- I"
Gigio: "I made this cave to hide… While she went away"
Hauser rolls her shoulders. "Yeah. Well, no time to waste. Hang in there, we'll bring it down."
Hauser turns in an instant and heads out, in hot pursuit.
Hauser: "Company reverse!"
Running outside… The trail of destruction is very easy to find. Because whatever the beast is it must have giant claws, and not the least bit of regards for it's environ as it left marks and damage everywhere
Lynne: "If you'll be safe here, then please stay here." She reaches into her pack and hands Gigio 2 tonics from it - it's not the best medicine but it sure beats nothing - before following.
Fortunata: "Right! Don't worry, we're good at making big things crash."
Fortunata neglects to point out that this could apply to a large number of things in their adventures thus far.
There is also a trail of blood… But it's not the sort of blood you're used to it is… Violet colored, but a deep dark one. The beast seemed in hot pursuit of the wounded one
Soon enough you find… There it is the beast. A great hulking central mass of muscles, it's legs a thick and powerful but very short, in exchange it has very long arm, thick as tree trunks. From it's back protusions of translucent crystal, from which many strands of ethereal energy come out, almost like shaggy hair. IT is staring straight forward, back towards you, apparently tranfixed
JayM: with something…
JayM: It's build matches the damage… Maybe it is what you see?
Fortunata: "Hey you! Ugly!"
Fortunata: "Yeah, that's right! Over here!"
Fortunata unsheathes her blade and brandishes it dramatically.
Hauser draws her sword, piece by piece of it phasing in by ether transport.
It turns to look at you, it's eyes are completely black, it's open gaping mouth is not really just a mouth, a swirling vortex of crimson energy as well, vanishing into blackness
JayM: The fight begins!
JayM: Battle order: Lynne [B]:0 Rohius [B]:3 Fortunata [F]:4 Hauser [F]:4 Souleater Colossus [F]:6
JayM: Status for Souleater Colossus [F] : [====================]
JayM: Lynne!
Rohius draws his rifle.
Hauser climbs atop a fallen tree-trunk, pointing her blade forward. "There's the enemy. Let's attack and destroy, boys and girls."
Lynne incants while weaving a spell with her hands, her words cursing the beast with sluggishness and her hands forming a dark purple seal that affixes itself to its hide to seep venom into its system. [Dualcast Poison and Slow, 30D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 ) for CoS 80 poison
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 42 ( Total: 42 ) for CoS 85 Slow
JayM: A powerful double hex! Poison(6) and Slow(6) correct?
[OOC] Lynne: yes!
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius assimilates!
[OOC] Rohius: d 33, gimme blue!
Rohius reaches out with his left hand and PULLS…
JayM: You draw out power from it- And something is wrong because a different power tries to pull you in as well!
JayM: This might be dangerous, are you sure you wanna try?
Rohius rolled 1d1 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
Rohius: Yes.
Rohius digs in and pulls HARDER.
Rohius: "Oh… no… you… don't!"
As Rohius draws forth power from it, so it tries to draw out Rohius's life energy through the same manner! Rohius learns [Gaia's Gift], on the other hand the beast draws forth his own blue magic and learns [Acid]!
JayM: Both of them are temporarily linked, Rohius gains Sympathetic(2)! Damage done to either of them affects both!
JayM: (since it's end of this turns it ticks down to 1 so it only lasts until end of your next action)
Rohius: "…well, good news and bad news time, guys."
Fortunata casts a worried glance at the mage, before turning back to the beast.
[OOC] Lynne: Rohius. /sigh
[OOC] Lynne: I'll hope that Poison tics as if you were poisoned, otherwise
Rohius: "If you wanted to hit me and have a good reason…"
JayM: It's only for direct damage, Grav
[OOC] Lynne: you will have to eat 20% of a boss's full HP- oh ok
JayM: Poison/Gravity/Sap are exempt
Hauser shoots a quick glance in Fortunata's direction. Beneath the mirage, her armor clicks into place. [Imperial Arm - 24D - enjoy your Battle Armor.]
Fortunata brings her blade up into a parrying position as a small twister begins gusting to life around her! [Razor Gale Stance, 10D]
JayM: Defenses!
The Souleater Colossus makes a strange gurgly noise and slams the ground, before juping on Lynne, swinging it's claws like a beast posessed going for a [Berserker Crush]
JayM rolled 5d100 and got 75, 35, 44, 7, 93 ( Total: 254 )
JayM: Blinded as it is even the gigantic flurry of hits can't hit, save one light scratch
JayM rolled 1d12+69 and got 6 ( Total: 75 )
[OOC] JayM: 75] Physical Melee damage
[OOC] Lynne: Blinded?
[OOC] Hauser: rolled a 7.
JayM: Tsk
[OOC] Hauser: oh. Oh yeah poison and slow not blind. woop.
JayM: Blind is not Slow
[OOC] Lynne: I landed Poison and Slow, but, hey, now that you mention it, I know what I'm doin' next turn
JayM: So that is 3 hits for that damage
JayM: Battle order: Fortunata [F]:0 Hauser [F]:14 Lynne [B]:16 Rohius [B]:22 Souleater Colossus [F]:56
JayM: Status for Souleater Colossus [F] : [================ ] Poison(5) Slow(5)
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata swats the claws away with a bit of ingenuity and a small blast of wind.
Fortunata continues holding position! [10D]
[OOC] Rohius: …you really like me! ;_;
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 920/1010 | MP: 770/770 | SoS: 252 | Razor Gale (25%) (U)
JayM: Dodge, dodge and dodge!
JayM: Hauser!
JayM: Or
JayM: No
JayM: You again
Lynne staggers back a bit. "Can't let it do that again…"
Fortunata continues staring the beast down as the winds start whipping up into a proper gale! [10D]
JayM: Hauser!
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 920/1010 | MP: 770/770 | SoS: 252 | Razor Gale (50%) (U)
Hauser dashes into the fray, delivering a sharp chop to the colossus' knee. [Sharp Edge - 54D]
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 45 ( Total: 45 )
Hauser rolled 1d12+176 and got 2 ( Total: 178.0 ) for physical damage
JayM: A swift strike
[OOC] Rohius: damage?
[OOC] Hauser: Yup, you'll be eating 178. Sorry! <3
JayM: Yep, 178!
Hauser places two hands on her sword, crouching low for another pass. [Riders are enhanced!]
Rohius gets a deep gash. "OW! Okay, now I am especially grateful I just learned to heal…"
Rohius looks at the beast. "You'
JayM: Lynne!
Rohius: "You're foreign, alien, and yet familiar. Why?"
Fortunata: "Because brains are weird."
JayM: All it can do is roar
Hauser: "You better get your revelations in -fast-, because I'm bringing this sucker down!"
Rohius: "Yeah, do it!… Ohfuckthiswillhurt-"
Lynne forms another seal in front of her, this time a pitch black sigil that holds its eyes shut. [Blind, 20]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 15 ( Total: 15 ) for CoS 80
Rohius: "…oh, you're not doing the painful thing yet."
Lynne: "I'm making sure it doesn't do… 'the painful thing' again."
Rohius: "No, I mean Hauser's shocky sword thing."
Hauser: "Yeah, you rip that cord before I fire that one off."
JayM: A sealing of it's eyes
JayM: The GM is now jealous, Lynne
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata grins. "I don't mind waiting. The longer it dawdles, the more it's gonna hurt." [One last 10D!]
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 920/1010 | MP: 770/770 | SoS: 252 | Razor Gale (75%) (U)
JayM: Rohius!
JayM: Your chance!
Rohius heals himself! Gaia's Blessing! d 43!
Rohius rolled 1d12+162 and got 12 ( Total: 174.0 )
Hauser: "Rohius! Are we clear?"
Rohius feels the link fade. "Go for it!"
[OOC] Rohius: HP: 906/910 MP: 758/910
Rohius sends green sparklies over his leg wound as it mends. "Ahhhh, instant relief. Where have you been all my frequently set on fire life?"
JayM: Fortunata!
JayM: Jesus I forgot to call inits
Fortunata launches herself high into the air with a great howling of wind! She does a midair somersault, then brings her sword down upon the Colossus in a vicious verical cleave - [Razor Gale, 44D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 92 ( Total: 92 ) for 95/10
JayM: A direct hit right across it's midsection
Fortunata rolled 1d10*1.75+120*1.75 and got 6 ( Total: 220.5 )
JayM: A powerful direct impact!
[OOC] JayM: 220]!
Fortunata returns to ground a bit unsteadily, then hurries back out of immediate claws-reach.
JayM: Lynne!
Lynne is satisfied with the enfeeblements in place and fires off a bolt of energy next instead. [Attack, 50D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 93 ( Total: 93 ) for CoS 90
[OOC] Lynne: sugarlips says: 3 accuracy or you're a chump
Lynne's bolt of energy is deflected by the creature's hide
JayM: Seems like you gotta work on hitting those weak spots
JayM: Hauser!
JayM: Uhn
JayM: No
JayM: Rohius
[OOC] Rohius: Inits, please? So I can abuse Mi- er, plan strategy.
JayM: Battle order: Rohius [B]:0 Hauser [F]:3 Souleater Colossus [F]:3 Fortunata [F]:9 Lynne [B]:21
JayM: Status for Souleater Colossus [F] : [============== ] Poison(5) Slow(5) Blind(6)
[OOC] Rohius: eeergh
[OOC] Rohius: terrain type?
Rohius just shoots the damn thing! BLAMMO!
Fortunata whistles. "Damn, you're a tough bastard, aren't ya?"
Rohius rolled 1d100 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for 85;15
JayM: Sounds like a critical hit!
Rohius rolled 1d12+120*1.5 and got 4 ( Total: 184.0 )
Rohius shoots it in the face! On purpose! Holy crap!
A direct impact towards the face, the impact round makes it reel back, that was a powerful hit
Hauser swerves around it as it recoils from Rohius' shot. "Following your lead!" She pulls herself up the back of its leg, slashing the crystal fibres hanging off its back - [Charge Edge S - 54D]
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 8 ( Total: 8 ) for C95
JayM: Your delay if you would
[OOC] Rohius: Indeed you are.
As Hauser slashes upwards, her blade contacts with the beast's strange ethereal hair, gathering energy
Hauser rolled 1d12+220*1.25 and got 7 ( Total: 282.0 )
Hauser carves this way and that for 282 physical damage, dropping to one knee as she's finally thrown off. [Next Drive hit is at +50%!]
The Colossus, then being unable to see calls upon completely different powers, hitting the ground hard with both hands, causing… Nothing to happen at first? And then Fortunata feels some sort of heat welling up inside her
JayM rolled 1d12+105 and got 9 ( Total: 114 )
Also rolled 1d100 and got 16 [Total: 16]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 130
Fortunata: "Uwaaaa! Bad touch!"
The single spot of heat in her gut starts welling up hotter and hotter like a burning pyre, and soon enough it will be enough to overwhelm her complete. Condemn(4)
JayM: You've been put on a [Slow Burn]
Fortunata: "Well, guess I'll just have to make the most of it!"
Fortunata cackles.
JayM: Battle order: Fortunata [F]:0 Lynne [B]:12 Rohius [B]:45 Hauser [F]:48 Souleater Colossus [F]:61
JayM: Status for Souleater Colossus [F] : [=========== ] Poison(4) Slow(4) Blind(5)
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata lunges forward, swiping at the beast's belly! [Attack, 44D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 98 ( Total: 98 ) for 85/10
[OOC] Fortunata: Well, I'm just glad I got the 93 on Acc 95…
JayM: A
JayM: Direct hit! Straight on it's humungous claws to little to no effect, sadly
JayM: Lynne
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 920/1010 | MP: 770/770 | SoS: 252 | Condemn (3)
Lynne takes another shot at it! [Attack, 50D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 59 ( Total: 59 ) for CoS 90
Lynne rolled 1d12+135 and got 3 ( Total: 138.0 )
JayM: A better direct hit!
JayM: Fortunata!
[OOC] Fortunata: Really? 44D?
[OOC] Fortunata: I guess so!
Fortunata tries that one again! [44D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 96 ( Total: 96 ) for 85/10
[OOC] Fortunata: gawd
Fortunata is terribly distracted by the nasty burning in her stomach.
JayM: Everyone was on super high delays so it's like everyone was on a short delay!
JayM: Huge delays are only huge when small ones are in play
JayM: Also sadly not a hit
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius: back
[OOC] Rohius: what's up!
[OOC] Rohius: anyone seriously hurt?
[OOC] JayM: Boss just did some fire damage on Fortunata, but she got Condemn(4)
[OOC] JayM: She took like 100 damage aside from Condemn that is… At (2) right now
[OOC] Rohius: …hm.
[OOC] Rohius: want me to temporal shift next turn?
[OOC] Fortunata: Nah, the boss is debuffed to hell and back
[OOC] Hauser: yeah, it's probably worth losing the statuses on the boss to avoid a death
Rohius shoots it again! That worked before!
[OOC] Fortunata: oh right aren't we out of PDs
Rohius rolled 1d100 and got 24 ( Total: 24 )
[OOC] Rohius: d 53
Rohius rolled 1d12+120 and got 9 ( Total: 129.0 )
JayM: A straight hit!
[OOC] Rohius: shiftan next turn then!
JayM: Hauser!
Hauser spins her blade into hand, staring the colossus down. The crystal at its core flickers and shifts, humming to life, sparking blue. [Shock Drive - 54D] She dashes forward, springing into the air, dodging a mighty swat as she closes the distance and leaps-
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 33 ( Total: 33 ) for C95
JayM: Above him, you stare down the beast, you know you will hit
Hauser: Light bursts in. Property vs. Lightning?
JayM: Neutral
Hauser rolled 1d12*1.5+400*1.5 and got 4 ( Total: 606.0 ) for Charge S
Hauser carves through it with the smell of burnt blood and ozone to the tune of 606 magical lightning damage!
A powerful crash of lightning as Hauser carves through the beast. It roars in terrible pain, not even it's thick hide used to wethering the spells of those it hunt can withstand the strike [586]
Hauser snaps the blade in her hand as she lands, pieces of the blade phasing back out. The crystal is still sizzling against the air.
[OOC] Hauser: HP: 700/700, MP: 660/800, SoS: 175 [========]
Struck by lightning the Colossus rages as it is facing death. It spreads it's arms out wide and starts making a terrible ululating noise as the remnants of the lightning arc around it's body before exploding outwards, striking at the party and forming eery forms in the air, mayhaps striking some of you a terrible [Phosphorus Nightmare]
JayM rolled 1d6+68 and got 4 ( Total: 72 )
Also rolled 2#4d100(1) and got 64, 90, 15, 43 [Total: 212]
Also rolled 2#4d100(2) and got 80, 92, 40, 39 [Total: 251]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 535
[OOC] JayM: 72] Magical Lightning damage on all, Sleep(4) on Lynne, Slow(3) on Lynne and Rohius!
Hauser twists in pain, briefly caught by the leap of spark.
[OOC] Rohius: weeeeeelp. Guess I know what I'm doing.
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 763/1010 | MP: 770/770 | SoS: 252 | Condemn (2)
JayM: As the battle reaches new heights and the greatest moves are struck, the tempo of the fight changes:
Rohius cringes as the shock hits him. Bad things happening everywhere… okay then. Time for something new.
Hauser picks herself back up. "Stand your ground."
JayM: Battle order: Lynne [B]:1 Fortunata [F]:27 Rohius [B]:38 Hauser [F]:41 Souleater Colossus [F]:44
JayM: Status for Souleater Colossus [F] : [===== ] Poison(3) Slow(3) Blind(4)
JayM: Lynne!
Lynne is slumped over and sweating a bit. [Asleep, 35D]
Rohius: "Apologies in advance."
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata: "Ugh… it's that colloquial definition of insanity…"
Fortunata strikes out! [44D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for 85/10
Fortunata: "…well, FUCK THAT!"
Fortunata rolled 1d10*2+120*2 and got 10 ( Total: 260.0 )
JayM: Rage and the throes of death, nothing else gives a duelist as much power!
JayM: A powerful strike!
The beast staggers from the hit
Fortunata: "Yeah?! What now, huh?"
JayM: Lynne!
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 763/1010 | MP: 770/770 | SoS: 252 | Condemn (1)
Hauser: Is still asleep, [35D!]
JayM: Still sleeping
JayM: Rohius!
Fortunata: "I'm on fire! And I'm howling mad! You're about to have your ass served to you on a silver platter!"
Rohius raises both hands. "Activate anomaly purge. System set." His hands begin to glow. "Begin transfer… energy at 100%. Release safety. Fire!" (Temporal shift, d 43)
[OOC] Lynne: [B] HP: 413/690 | MP: 746/970 | SoS: 172 | Sleep (2), Slow (1)
Rohius releases a color-negative orb that engulfs everyone. all statuses disappear.
Fortunata: "…reh?"
As the orb encases everyone, suddenly all statuses are gone! Once it vanishes you feel as if the beast is staring in a slightly off direction from where it was before, and are you sure your own facing is the same as a second ago? Must be but still, this feeling
Fortunata: "Okay, dunno what kind of voodoo that was, but I feel entirely less death…y."
Fortunata: "Kudos."
Lynne: "…ah! What-"
JayM: Hauser, now!
Rohius shakes his head. Oy, the energy loss on that… "No problem. NOW KILL IT!"
Hauser jerks a thumbs-up in Rohius' direction. "On and ready."
Hauser dashes in to deliver a chop to its other knee! [Sharp Edge - 54D]
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 11 ( Total: 11 ) for C95 this is my turn, right?
JayM: It staggers and drops to a knee! Yes it is your turn!
Hauser rolled 1d12+176 and got 11 ( Total: 187.0 )
Hauser: Thought so! She leaps up as it drops and back-hands it across the snout for 187 physical damag.e
JayM: Battle order: Souleater Colossus [F]:0 Lynne [B]:27 Fortunata [F]:27 Rohius [B]:37 Hauser [F]:51
JayM: Status for Souleater Colossus [F] : [=== ]
The Colossus, now no longer blinded, drigs it's claws on the ground and moves it up slightly, moving a fragment of the ground that Hauser and Fortunata are on, and preforms and [Earth Flip] with it, flipping it upwards and on them
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 59, 33 ( Total: 92 )
JayM rolled 1d10+168 and got 1 ( Total: 169 )
JayM: Dealing [169] Physical Melee damage and increasing their Delay by 10!
JayM: Lynne!
Rohius: "Hauser, can you do the shock-blade thing again?"
Fortunata: "Great, I've only just now started to come to terms with aerial combat and now the ground itself is rebelling."
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 628/1010 | MP: 770/770 | SoS: 252 | Normal
Lynne shakes her head a bit as she returns to her senses and fires off another shot! [Attack, 50D]
Hauser shakes her head. "Systems still stablizing."
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 ) for CoS 90
[OOC] Lynne: And now balance has been achieved for the 1
JayM: With the massive earthen wall flying ahead of you with two of your party members in it
JayM: It's hard to aim
JayM: Fortunata!
Rohius: "…plan B then."
JayM: And Rohius at the same time!
[OOC] Fortunata: Souleater init?
[OOC] Rohius: wha?
[OOC] Fortunata: The initiative position of the Souleater Colossus.
JayM: Battle order: Rohius [B]:0 Fortunata [F]:0 Souleater Colossus [F]:14 Hauser [F]:24 Lynne [B]:40
JayM: Status for Souleater Colossus [F] : [=== ]
JayM: Because Fortunata got delayed her init lined up with yours
[OOC] Fortunata: oh ew
Rohius nods to Fortunata to move first.
Fortunata casts a glance across the battlefield, then simply lunges forward again, trying to catch the beast off-guard! [Attack, 44D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 25 ( Total: 25 ) for 85/10
Fortunata rolled 1d10+120 and got 3 ( Total: 123.0 )
JayM: A straight strike!
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius waits until she's clear before vomiting acid at the colossus!
Rohius rolled 1d6+108 and got 5 ( Total: 113.0 ) for d 43
Rohius rolled 2d100 and got 21, 45 ( Total: 66 ) for 35% for poison and blind
[OOC] Rohius: poison 4
JayM: Poison at the very least!
The Colossus roars, walks up to the one who hurt him the most and decides to get some back, the makes a grab at Hauser
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 90 ( Total: 90 )
JayM: She is, however, too deft to be caught
Hauser slips through his fingers and runs up his wrist, blade at her side.
JayM: Battle order: Hauser [F]:0 Lynne [B]:16 Rohius [B]:19 Fortunata [F]:20 Souleater Colossus [F]:44
JayM: Status for Souleater Colossus [F] : [== ] Poison(3)
JayM: Hauser!
Hauser drives her sword down into the muscles of its forearm, plumes of air jetting out from her in all directions! [Cool Edge S - 54D]
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 42 ( Total: 42 ) for C95
Hauser rolled 1d12+220*1.25 and got 10 ( Total: 285.0 )
Hauser: Striking deep for 285 physical damage!
JayM: A deep strike into it's arm, as Hauser draws it away the momentum itself makes the beast drop to it's knees, not like it looks much shorter than that. It's at the edge of life
JayM: Lynne!
Hauser roars: "Fire all guns! Take it down!"
[OOC] Rohius: did it take poison damage? :3
JayM: It did
[OOC] Rohius: Yay!
Lynne keeps the pressure on the Colossus! [Attack, 50D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 ) for CoS 90
Lynne rolled 1d12+135 and got 3 ( Total: 138.0 )
JayM: A direct hit, will it do it?
It takes it directly in the forehead. It roars… And falls
As it falls to the ground it doesn't even hits it, dissolving into particles that fly away in the air
JayM: Victory
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 8 ( Total: 8 ) **
Fortunata: "…okay, it's kind of surreal to see that happen in the real world."
Although it's main body had been destroyed, the bits and pieces were left intact. It's [Soulrender Claws - T3 Boss] were left behind, and still twisted around Hauser's blade is this [Mysterious Muscle Fiber - T3 Status]
As it fades away into nothingness, you see ahead of you what the beast was staring at when you met it. There is a… The best description would be a bundle of rags, really, but no, it is a person, covered in a dirty vioet cloak- No, no the cloak is not violet, it's the color of dirt itself, but it's been dyed such color by the blood, copious amounts of it
Fortunata: "…"
Fortunata: "…anything alive in there?"
It is a voice… That youve have heard but once "You are strong…"
Fortunata: "…hmm, you could say that."
Maria: "Did… He send you?"
Fortunata: "Yeah."
Fortunata: "Although I get the feeling that complications abound."
Maria: "Is… Our kid alright?"
Fortunata nods.
Maria: "Good… That is good…" she looks up, although you are behind her and she is covered so you cannot see her face "Would you care to hear a woman who is to breath her last for a little while?"
Fortunata: "…"
Hauser nods. "Didn't take that thing down for nothing."
Rohius: "We can help you…"
Hauser: "We'll hear you out."
Fortunata: "Of course."
Maria: "Hah… I'm… Beyond helping… You know we are kind of cursed… I hate this"
Maria: "But it is the life if we chose, even if it split us, because we had only this choice to stay together…"
Maria: "Why do you think that… He never fought back, back when you rescue him in that manor?"
Hauser: "Honestly?"
Maria: "I like honesty"
Hauser: "'Cause he knew we were on the way. But I mean, now that I say that? That ain't the answer."
Maria: "We were given tough scales to end, and sharp claws to dig, not to fight. No, our duty is too important to be given power… When we take on those scales… We completely forfeit our power to harm"
Hauser: "So that's how you see it?"
Maria: "It… It is why all I could do was do what I did… And sit here, waiting for the beast to feast on me… Yet he never did, though, even though I am dead already"
Maria: "That is what we are told, that is what I have seen"
Fortunata: "That.. is what you were TOLD."
Hauser turns around.
Maria: "Why does not matters… What matters is simply that… We can bring no harm. Believe me, i've tried…"
Hauser: "…He'll know your last rites?"
Maria: "I…"
We: "have no last rites. As we are to share no bonds with others, we are to die alone. By tradition, i'd die here, alone, for none to see, but…"
Maria: "I… I wish to ask a favor"
Hauser: "Yeah?"
Maria: "No mausoleum would take my body, but still, please… If you could find a… Use for it…"
Her voice grows ever dimmer "I'd be… Eternally thankful…"
Hauser smiles. Mostly to herself - she's turned, but it creeps into her voice.
Her voice vanishes, and the cloak just… Crumples, as you see whisps of energy washing away
Hauser: "…We will."
From within the folds of the tarnished cloak, a crystal, twice as large as your fist, perfectly eight-sided, opaque but colorless, rolls
Fortunata crosses her arms at her chest, her expression considerably darkened.
Fortunata does, however, step forward to investigate this.
JayM: It… Seems like it's diamond-magicite? No, no it's definitely magicite, similar texture to diamond but isn't quite it. It's warm to the touch
Hauser: "Looks like we're bringing her home, Fort." And she begins marching back to the cave, and Gigio, and the bikes.
Fortunata takes hold of the crystal, then silently follows Hauser and the rest of the squad.
Rohius sighs and turns.
Back at the cave. Gigio is still inside, watching over the child. The child seems to be facing some sort of nightmare, and has been covered with a second blanket. Gigio appears to have prepared some sort of infusion while you were away, and he has wet a piece of cloth in it and put it on the back of the child's neck
JayM: He does not notices your entry
Hauser waits, a little bit, before she speaks up. He's in the middle of something, after all.
Hauser: "…We brought it down."
He looks up, but not turning to you yet "I… I see… Thank you"
Hauser: "We lost her. It was quick, at least."
Fortunata: "…I'm sorry."
Hauser pulls herself up from a lean on the cave wall and heads back to the bike. That's all she has to say.
Fortunata: "I, uh… well…"
Gigio: "I know… She… Was gone before she left…"
Fortunata: "I brought back this."
Fortunata shows Gigio the crystal.
He doesn't seems to acknowledge Fortuanta's actions
JayM: (although he seems to be crying)
Fortunata: "She said…"
Fortunata bites her tongue. Does she really have the place to explain?
Fortunata: "She said… if she would be of any use to us…"
Gigio: "Take her…"
Fortunata: "…should we really?"
Gigio: "I… Would have no place to house it…"
Gigio: "Please"
Fortunata: "Alright."
Fortunata: "I'll trouble you no further, then…"
Fortunata turns to leave.
JayM: It was a rather sad end for a mission, wasn't it?
JayM: Although it is an end nontheless
[OOC] JayM: +4000 EXP/+320 Lucre/+18 AP
JayM: Session End!
Fortunata: well, it worked out a lot better than most of the other times I've had to deal with dead npcs
Julian: :D
Julian: Grey Men are expected to be lonely at all times
Julian: It's sad when they aren't, because they have to be
Hauser: so we now have an incredibly powerful nigh-diamond crystal
Hauser: aaaaaaand a princess-in-exile of the lightbringer caste
Hauser: god, we're really not good at not fighting a proxy war, are we

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License