Cz 12

Now talking in #Terranotos
Contact Zero - Mission 12: Path of Empathy
This time, there are a couple more people in the base than there's been the past few days. A pair of engineers from the White Fire have made their way here in order to assist with the repairs after the short siege you've endured. One of them is a bangaa lady of surprisingly crimson scales, technically part of the science team she's a little bit of a do-it-all for the ship in times of
JayM: need, you've probably have seen Sal around before. The other is, perhaps, the most uncommon man of the White Fire as well as the leader of the engineering team, the kivaran Elross, who's often more interested in examining the structural damage than repairing it
That aside, you've been gathered in the briefing room a little bit early, as there's some news to share, decisions to be made, and a new mission to embark on
Rohius has finished cleaning his rifle, sharpening his spear, and more recently, meticulously wiping his ass.
Hauser stands ready upon arrival: "Hauser here. What's the news?"
Raf is there, as expected, on the big screen is Kalinos, looking a little bit worse for the wear, his clothes seem like they could use some repair and he bears the air of someone just out of a healing process "Hey there. One good one and one… Half good and half bad"
Kalinos: "For the best news- We managed to slip someone through the Illirian long range blockade, or rather, we managed to get in contact with a clan that should be able to bring in a couple of frigates to our aid. More than that, given they've got a lot of storage space we might manage to get a thing or two for you ground team as well"
Rohius: "So, spies, guys, and… space. Nice. What's the downside?"
Kalinos: "We've managed to bargain either some technical equipment for your medical, or for your maitenance. Though not enough space for both, we could get your facilities a small upgrade- That or well… There's also this one… Rather colorful trader from the mithran association, she's got a lot of adventurer supplies she'd be willing to gather and bring for you, however- She mentioned
JayM: she'd still require payment planetside "
Kalinos: "But that she'd accept local currancy- Don't know why, she's a bit strange"
Hauser rolls her shoulders. "Because there's something about that currency we don't know."
Hauser: "…But, advantage now is worth kicking ourselves later."
Rohius: "…you think even the money here might be hazardous?"
Kalinos: "Sooner you can chose what you'd rather have planetside faster we can get the reinforcements in, we do happen to have made some time for ourselves after all"
Hauser looks over to Rohius for a moment, and nods.
Rohius: : "… ._. "
Fortunata: "You might even call it… hazard pay."
Fortunata smirks.
Hauser nods. "Bring in the trade contact."
Hauser stops herself. "…Wait. Ahem. Scratch that."
Rohius stares for several seconds. "Okay, okay, that was actually funny and smart. Props."
Hauser: "Medical. Definitely medical. Our bays need retooling."
Lynne: "It wouldn't do to rely overly on the local medical techniques. Not considering physiological differences."
Fortunata: "Or the propensity of sites we inhabit to become destroyed."
Kalinos chuckles "Alright-" he looks behind himself "Got that? Okay, get those Time Divers guy here now while they're blind!" he turns back to you "Well, and on that note for the time being the Ilirian fleet is completely blind starside, on the same token we're bound."
Hauser: "Where's their fleet in orbit now?"
Hauser: "I would have thought the planet would be between them and the star, what with how they're operatin' here."
Kalinus: "There are currently four… No, six detachments spread throught the planet's orbit, right now their got their two biggest battleships near us, but the others are mostly smaller frigate groups"
Kalinis: "Well, they've decided to launch a cyber warfare attack and, well, you know they aren't ready to deal with magitek computers, we managed to sneak a very powerful cybercurse on their systems, most notably their FCS and sensors, they're pretty much half-blind fleetwise and their IFF is down. On the other hand… Their do have a sufficient technical superiority on material computing,
JayM: they managed to completely disable the White Fire's primary control systems, the DFL. We still have the backup manual but for now we're playing dead. "
Hauser: "So they're after something. And it ain't us."
Kalinos: "Seems like it, yes. I don't think we're anything other than a barrier between them and what they truly want"
Hauser strokes her chin, turning to one side, gazing out through the window for the moment. "…And they came prepared."
Hauser: "…I mean, they committed to this one, and bad. They know more about the place than we do…"
Hauser: "…But they only just got around to acting on it."
Hauser: "Right. Nothing else to come of that, I don't think. What else is on the docket?"
Lynne: "Perhaps a lead into discovering their search motive will arise. We should make a note of it in case we happen to discover a neutral third party we could communicate with."
Kalinos: "Hrm, yeah. Well, that's the gist of how things are going on up here. As for you, I want you to take a moment to do some more social research down there"
Kalinos: "I'm sure you've noticed how different valkurian children and adults are. I mean look, none of us is stranger to people of same species being so vastly different outsiders think it's two different ones, but the difference between child and adult in their case is… Strange. Specifically strange is the deep similarity between their children and humans"
Hauser: "And there's a planet of humans with cat ears. What's special here?"
Lynne: "Yes, I've hypothesized much about that, but it pains me to admit that a lack of actual research and evidence means none of my theories hold any credibility. I would gladly take the chance to gather data on the subject."
Kalinos: "Well… There's the fact their form don't reflect what a simulation based on the DNA we gathered says, at all. Sure, I mean, that DNA was gathered out of their remains on your weaponry so it could have been heavily damaged but still"
Raf: "Right, and I might have something to help give insight to that. Been prowling around town and found out a… Well, there's this couple of 'little' girls (the older one looks like she's at least twenty, though) that are pretty much misers… Trying to scrounge up money and materials for a coming of age ceremony. We're figuring if you help out you should be able to participate in that
JayM: ceremony. "
Raf then stops, blinks, and tilts his head "Hey… Heeey, speaking of third parties. From what I gathered those Grey Men appear to be important for that ceremony and local lore seems to indicate that they are unaffiliated with either of the kingdoms here, as well as very well-versed in many mystical matters. THAT might be an interesting and important contact as well"
Hauser: "So, we're scraping up a dowry."
Raf: "Seems like it, although i'm unsure of what is used and what is acceptable. So first order of business would be contacting them and see how you can help"
Lynne nods at Raf approvingly. "A sound plan."
Hauser: "Right. Head over to one of their settlements, start asking questions?"
Rohius listens and takes notes until he has something clever to say. This means he's silent for a good while.
Raf nods "Actually they're in the nearby town led by Sunwave. They tend to beg near the central streets" he gives you a map update of six places they tend to be at
Hauser: "Well. We'll move out and talk alms, then. Anything else?"
Kalinos: "Nope, pretty much that's it here too. We'll send you word once the material's here"
Hauser: "Right - let's get started on the operation. Company out."
Hauser snaps a salute - not quite military - before wheeling around and heading out. Probably taking the transport, right?
[OOC] Rohius: On another note, have we stocked on supplies?
There is transport, alright. You are able to take any of your vehicles (the converterd surveyor, the armored convec or the pair of bikes), but the surveyor is… Well, it's undergoing repairs but should be useable in case you don't try to fight with it.
Hauser: "Probably run the bikes for today. Don't need to show up in full regalia for this one."
Hauser taps her gauntlet onto the handlebars of one of the speeder-bikes before climbing on.
Rohius cautiously gets on one…
JayM: Well, they're just two (one has a sidecar) so you have to double up, but still
Rohius takes le sidecar.
The trip is pretty much uneventful, although you do see some signs of the damage on the road. Seems like the artillery strikes were less than accurate. After a while you finally reach the town and, getting off your bikes, you make your way in
[OOC] Raziel: Sorry I'm late…
It doesn't takes too long to head towards the first location. You notice that the town's still very abustle, there's a lot of chattering in the streets, medicine shops are a little bit more crowded, there is a small line in the three blacksmiths avaiable.
Still, your search for the two girls takes a while, not until you've hit the fifth spot that you find them. An older one, who seems to be the one doing most of the actual talking and begging, people mostly ignore her, though one here and there gives her a small tip. At a point she holds on to a man's sleeve and tells him her sorry tale, to no effect. Still, she looks like she'd be pretty
JayM: fitting for a 20-year-old human, long and dishiveled hair, althoug there is this weird sensation that there is something deeply uncanny about her- She doesn't looks perfectly human but whatever is different that isbothering you is too small to consciously know
Hauser: "Afternoon, ladies."
Her younger sister, as they look the part of sisters, seems around the appearace of a 17-year-old, is mostly looking desolate, and deeply worried about her sister
The older one looks at Hauser "Ah- G-good after noon, ma'am. Do you have coin to spare? Please?"
Girl: "For me and my sister's ceremony?"
Raziel: "What kind of ceremony?" Raziel cocks his head to the side.
Rohius: "…that was quick."
Rohius pulls Raziel aside and shows him all his notes, ie: backscroll.
Hauser: "We're interested in sponsoring the whole damn thing."
Raziel: "Oh… that thing, I wasn't listening… I was still thinking about the strange room with the lines and that super weapon…" Ray grins sheepishly
She looks taken aback "T-truthfully? H-hum…" she looks at her sister, the two of them convene for a moment "W-well, hum… We're still missing almost a hundred and twenty thousand…"
Rohius raises an eyebrow.
Hauser shrugs sympathetically. "Which is a lot."
Hauser: "But we're a hunting clan. We can talk financing."
JayM: They look certainly ashamed of saying that value
Raziel: "How is this money typically raised by valkurians?"
There is a clicking sound from behind of you, you are familiar with the noise of claws on street. Behind you is a man wearing a simple robe, he is unlike any other valkurian you've met up to now, his back and back of his arms are covered in wide and thick scales a brilliant shade of violet, actively brilliant actually just so to seem like they merely reflect the sun's light. Long claws
JayM: in his hands, which are held gently against eachother, which glow the same as his scales, a long snout and soft face- At first sight you'd call him akin to a burrower animal "A hunting clan, you say?"
Raziel: "Wait scratch that, much more interesting question… what happens if you don't raise the money and can't pay for the ceremony?"
The girls perk up at his appearance "M-master Gigio!"
Hauser rolls her shoulders and takes a step back, looking Master Gigio over. Her phantom wings bat, just once. "As I said."
Hauser: "You've heard the word around - we're emissaries of a foreign kingdom, flying blind. And we'd like to see one of these ceremonies."
Hauser: "And, well, what better way to do it than to bankroll one?"
Rohius looks at this master, then back at the girls. Hmmmmm.
Raziel: "I mean… if this ceremony is required to be a functioning member of society, is the high cost some sort of mechanism to weed out the poor in favor of the rich and those capable of working?"
As you look at him, you recognize the description you've had of what the Grey Men are, although now you wonder if that was the right color "Perhaps they needn't find out. Typically, though, the family pays for the ceremony…" he looks at Hauser in the eyes, she feels as if his stare can see past her self and into her very heart… He looks like the wise sort "So you are the clan I heard
JayM: about. The cost is merely one of the many ways to cover the ceremony "
Raziel‘ bites his lip, in thought.
Gigio: "Few have the skills or resources to procure the real problem, the ingredients for the apotheosis ceremoy. Although if you are a fighting clan, then perhaps the price is merely your sweat, if you are willing to do so"
Hauser: "Naturally, we are."
Lynne: "What ingredients might these be? And, perhaps you could tell us how they are to be used?"
Gigio: "Well, then…" he stares at the girls, back at you, thinks for a moment "Come with me, let us discuss this in a better place"
Lynne holds those questions for later and nods.
Gigio leads you basically out of town and towards a… A burrow? Something like that, it’s definitely a hole dug into the ground, although it leads to a rather comfortable, if spartan, bedroom. It has three beds, two of which are covered in arcane symbols. The place is lit up by a single piece of magicite, but it does the job well. There is a table and a few of chairs, all of which is
JayM: made of the same rock the cave was dug from "Please, take a sit"
Hauser takes a seat.
Hauser: "You were saying?"
Raziel‘ looks at the symbols on the bed, inquisitively.
Once you’re in the relative comfort and chill of his makeshift room, he takes a deep breath "The secrets of the apotheosis ritual are not to be shared, only the ones closest to the children are allowed to be near, to give them encouragement, yet the ritual is only to be known by the right person"
Raziel‘ wonders if the symbols have any magical energy to them or if they’re just decorative
Gigio: "But for the ingredients you will need" he hands Lynne a piece of paper containing in very beautiful script a list of ingredients necessary, they are… A lot of arcane materials, this is pretty medieval magic so it's very… Superfluous, if that is the right word. Definitely not the right active ingredients but you probably know what the actual active ingredients for that those
JayM: are "Those are what I need"
Rohius looks the list over and lets out a whistle.
JayM: From the looks over here, Raziel- They're the 'wiring' sort of arcane symbols. Inert until energy is flowing on them, but otherwise used to shape the ethereal fields. A more attentive look shows that they are… Incredibly complex, actually, each symbol is formed of smaller symbols, you can't even discern the form of the smallest ones
Raziel: "Did you make these yourself?" Ray gestures to the symbols as he continues to examine them.
Lynne puzzles over the list a bit. "And the ritual cannot be performed without each and every one of these? Not a single one can be missing?"
Gigio: "Certainly yes. I also warn you that some ingredients, mainly the soulclay fragments from the Magic Pots, will be dangerous to acquire"
He nods at Lynne "None of them"
The two girls, who also came with you, look eager
Hauser: "I'm the security detail. Nothing's dangerous when I'm around."
Gigio nods "Very well" he looks at the girls "Aiyika, Yarine" they stare at him "I would ask that in the meantime you assist me in preparing the room. First move the runed beds to the center" he looks at Hauser "Let me set you in the correct path" he leads the party outside
Once outside his calm demeanor seems to shift to something… Tired and worried, he sighs deeply "Alright… This is… Difficult to say"
Lynne scans the list, pausing to analyze each item and try to identify any possible alternatives, or otherwise piece together a way to get a hold of it as she follows.
He rests his back against a tree "But the older sister won't make it through the ceremony she is… She is just too old"
Rohius: "…the ceremony is age dependant in a magical way, not a traditional way, I take."
Raziel: "Wait, what do you mean she won't make it? She's going to die?"
Gigio: "Yes, and… No… She will die… Very slowly. I'd give her five years after the ceremony…" "
Gigio: "Two, if she doesn't undertakes it. Terrible suffering on both… The ceremony has a reason to exist"
Hauser: "We're foreigners, after all. Fill us in on the stakes."
Gigio: "And…" he sighs "I feel you are very different, but I won't question, I need the help"
Raziel: "That's horse shit. You're going to die terribly if you do this and die terribly if you don't? If you die from not doing this ceremony, everyone who didn't help them out before was condemning her to die?"
Gigio: "One cannot ask for eternal youth by simply not undertaking the apotheosis ceremony, without it their bodies rot rapidly, a quick descent into a most gruesome death, decaying in life, until your very last moment"
Gigio: "And if you are too old… The ceremony just won't take hold… There is…" he makes a strange noise "There are defenses of the body that need pierced through at this age, which aren't there at a younger stage"
Gigio: "… I've… I've seen that before… It's a terrible, terrible descent into death as well… I…"
Fortunata raises an eyebrow.
He looks at Raziel "I think I might be able to save her, however…"
Gigio: "If you give me catalysts of much higher quality than the ones used for the normal ceremony"
Lynne opens her mouth to add another question - but thinks better of it.
Raziel: "Done. Noone deserves to die horribly because of apathy and bad circumstances."
Hauser: "Right. The hunt of the century it is."
Rohius: "Just tell us what these high catalysts are."
Gigio: "And… I can't guarantee it, this is beyond the tradition of the grey men, this is just a theory of mine, but I won't see another death like that"
Fortunata: "Hmm… well, that's at least a straightforward rise in complexity."
Fortunata: "I'm game."
Raziel: "The runes on their beds… they're what you focus the magic of the ceremony through, right?"
He hands Lynne another piece of paper, this time a much more complex arcane diagram "I can't share this with you, but it's in your hands now. The diagram for the ceremony, behind it are the catalysts I know of that can help. And if you know any one better than those, please, bring them"
Lynne: "I must ask. If these ingredients are needed for each participant of the ceremony, there must be great demand for them, correct? I am curious why a more stable supply of them has not been established, as that would doubtlessly lower the cost as well."
Gigio: "They merely aid me, the real focus is me"
Gigio: "We find those ingredients at the cheapest price we can. Tradition dictates that trades grant those ingredients for grey men at price of cost. But they are powerful arcane catalysts used in many important rites and spells, and some of those are undeniably rare"
Raziel‘ looks at Hauser, "Boss… can I speak to you for a moment?"
Fortunata: "If ’rare' involves foolhardy bravery, that's not really gonna be an issue for us."
Gigio: "That, and other difficulties"
Fortunata laughs quietly.
Lynne puzzles to wrap her head around the answer, but keeps further questions to herself, and nods.
Fortunata: "I'm sure we'll manage. It's a matter of utmost importance, after all."
Gigio: "Very well, I suggest you start actually northeast, it's about three hours by roly… There is an old ruin there of an abandoned research tower wherein magic pots are in abudance. Normally the shards from them would be used, but in that particular place they researched a thing called a 'Mimic', I would need the fleshwood of one. The research material in that tower should help direct
JayM: you to other materials "
Hauser: "Right."
Lynne's eyes light up at the mention of going to a site of research. She has a bit of trouble repressing a grin.
Rohius: "Well, we'd better get started soon."
As you head off, you're likely not taking the less intelligent route and going foot and instead making your way towards the location by bike. By the time you get to hop on them you get a call from the White Fire, an elvaan woman with a tanned skin and a thick russian accent calls up, Alicia the chief of the science team "Data reach ears up here, you hunting something?"
[OOC] Rohius: brb
Hauser: "Roger, we're mimic-slaying."
Hauser: "Turns out you need one hell of a kit for that little ritual."
Alician: "Can be looking at? May be of help, curious too"
Lynne: "They claimed the tower was a center of research. Who knows what other wealth of knowledge lay hidden, besides the spoils to be claimed!"
Hauser: "Yeah, I grabbed a recording of our chat with the local - feeding it your way."
Alicia: "Thankful"
And then off you go, and soon enough… You do find the abandoned research tower. Squat and thick like a dwarf, only four floors and built of hard stone
Hauser dismounts and draws her sword, fanning out her wings.
It's… As unimposing as it gets, the entrance unassuming… Inside… Wind blows dust in neat little spirals
Hauser: "Stay close and prepare for ambush."
Hauser: "…Probably recieving more likely than giving." She slips in through the entrance, looking this way and that.
The first floor is… Empty. Strangely empty. Seems like it was some sort of office floor, a place for paperwork really. There are chairs and tables, it seems like it is organized how an ancient office should be, but… Things everywhere are broken, and there are marks of spells in the walls, someone certainly went bananas with attack spells here. There are those perfectly eight-sided
JayM: diamond-like crystals laying about in a few places of the floor
Lynne stays as close behind Hauser as she dares, peeking all around her to scan the inside.
Lynne checks the list to see if there's any obvious needed reagents lying about here.
JayM: No obvious ones, sadly…
Forging on the next floor, it is a more research-like place. Although it is organized, or as organized as a place in which battle occurred can be, it looks certainly medieval, no protection, bad usage of space… Most of the material is damaged, exception given to a handful of jars in every other table
Hauser picks up one of the jars with her gauntlet, turning it over, this way and that in the light.
Lynne pokes around for obvious things once more, also looking for any sort of… research, whatever form it might take, even a hint of what research they were doing.
JayM: Danger Sense [TN 3] if you would
[OOC] Hauser: Nothin' doing. Fort, help us out.
[OOC] Lynne: Yup, nothing
[OOC] Rohius: danger sense is what… wilderness?
[OOC] Hauser: Yup!
[OOC] Rohius: +1 to a reel from me!
Fortunata: "Oh man, my 'ridiculous sequence of events' sense is tingling. Fun times ahead." [Lucky]
Fortunata rolled 5d8 and got 3, 2, 5, 8, 4 ( Total: 22 ) for TN 3
Also rolled 1d8+1 and got 8 [Total: 9.0 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 31.0, Avg: 5.00
Rohius …s and gets all shifty eyed. "…wait…"
As Hauser starts to go for the pot, Rohius applies a little bit of observation skills and common sense. Gigio mentioned magic pots. With a capital M and P. Magic Pots. A quick warning and Hauser avoids when three pots suddenly lunge at her, an imp-like entiety springing from inside for a moment, only for it to hide back inside
[OOC] JayM: +570 EXP/+2 AP
And to add insult to injury apparently a couple of Magic Mites were sleeping beneath that table which was knocked over when the Magic Pots leapt
JayM: Guess something here is dangerous
Rohius: "…think they might want something?"
JayM: Battle order: Lynne [B]:0 Magic Pot A [B]:0 Magic Pot B [B]:0 Magic Pot C [B]:0 Raziel [B]:1 Rohius [B]:3 Fortunata [F]:4 Hauser [F]:4 Magic Mite A [F]:5 Magic Mite B [F]:5
JayM: Status for Magic Mite A [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Magic Mite B [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Magic Pot A [B] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Magic Pot B [B] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Magic Pot C [B] : [==========]
JayM: Lynne!
Fortunata: "Ah, so the treacherous 'taking' sort of Magic Pot."
Fortunata: "How tiresome."
Hauser raises her shoulder, letting one of the pots bounce off of her. "Tch!"
Lynne turns sharply in response to the noise. She takes a shot at a Pot (A) with her beam. [Attack, 50D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 83 ( Total: 83 ) **
[OOC] Lynne: CoS is 90 :D?
JayM: A true potshot
JayM: It hits
Lynne rolled 1d12+135 and got 7 ( Total: 142.0 )
[OOC] Lynne: derp
JayM: A loud *pang* shot, it echoes badly
Magic Pot A reacts to the first blood! The imp inside it pops out it's head and a hand, waving the tiny little hand in the air, causing a spiral of [Elfire] around Lynne
JayM rolled 1d8+72 and got 6 ( Total: 78 )
[OOC] Lynne: hmm, tracker says I left off at this, sub optimal: HP: 668/668 | MP: 62/939 | SoS: 167 | Normal
JayM: 78 Magical Fire damage!
Magic Pot B then waves it's tiny hands about and puts a [Galvinic Curse] on Hauser!
JayM rolled 1d8+72 and got 1 ( Total: 73 )
Also rolled 1d100 and got 22 [Total: 22]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 95
JayM: Dealing 73 Magical Lightning damage and Curse(4)!
Lynne deflects some of the energy in the form of red sparks, taking [58] damage from the attack.
Magic Pot C then combos that with some [Stone Justice] at Hauser as well
JayM rolled 1d10+144 and got 8 ( Total: 152 )
Also rolled 1d100 and got 31 [Total: 31]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 183
Raziel: "That's interesting…"
A giant blade of rock materializes from the ground and strikes against her, striking for 152 Magical damage!
Rohius: "…so none of you are interested in items, just blood. Okay."
JayM: Raziel!
Fortunata: "Well, blood is a SORT of item." \
Hauser grunts, losing ground. "Tch!" [58] [121].
Fortunata: "Still not interested in donating any."
Raziel‘ points the Codex at one of the magic pots (A) to see what it says. Divine Insight 18 D
The Codex turns pages widly as the spell takes hold…
JayM: Magic Pot - L16 Undead/Construct Normal/Mook - HP: 834/976, MP: 594/624 - A: Shadow, W: Holy, W: Lightning
JayM: ST Flash Report: Something is… Very different about this pot. We’re detecting traces of anima in it, although long-since decayed. It may prove a weakness. [Auto-Zombie]
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius hmmms.
[OOC] Rohius: assimilate, terrain, what folks?
[OOC] Fortunata: Assimilate is a good turn-one if you feel lucky
Rohius tries assimilate on Pot A then! D 33!
[OOC] Lynne: is Class geomancy the same as Job? I think that would be Immobilize then, and it seems like the pots only have zero to one evasion
JayM: Glowing blue lines connect the ground between Rohius and the Pot… Yet, they vanish with no effect. There is nothing which can be learned from them
[OOC] Raziel: class geomancy isnot the same
JayM: Fortunata and Hauser!
Rohius: "…crap."
[OOC] Lynne: okay, don't mind me then
[OOC] Rohius: it was worth a shot
Fortunata steps forward and takes a bold swing at pot A! [Attack, 44D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 ) for 85/10
JayM: Clangs hard against the clay!
JayM: Sadly it does not damages it
Hauser wades in, pushing past the mites to strike Pot A with [Charge Edge - 54D]
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 53 ( Total: 53 ) for C75 (Curse)
Fortunata: "Augh! Unreasonable little-"
JayM: A heavy swing, connects easily!
Hauser rolled 1d12*0.75+220*0.75 and got 2 ( Total: 166.5 ) for vs back row
Hauser spins her sword around as she backs off - the plate on the front retracts with a hiss, the exposed crystal core blazing with a brilliant light.
JayM: Power courses! [166]!
JayM: Battle order: Magic Mite A [F]:0 Magic Mite B [F]:0 Raziel [B]:14 Magic Pot A [B]:25 Magic Pot B [B]:26 Rohius [B]:31 Magic Pot C [B]:35 Fortunata [F]:43 Lynne [B]:45 Hauser [F]:53
JayM: Status for Magic Mite A [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Magic Mite B [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Magic Pot A [B] : [======= ] Zombie(A)
JayM: Status for Magic Pot B [B] : [==========] Zombie(A)
JayM: Status for Magic Pot C [B] : [==========] Zombie(A)
Magic Mite A scrambles over to Lynne and starts spewing some sort of semi-translucent silk at her, causing some [Elemental Erosion]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 )
JayM: Causing Imperil(4) on her!
And Magic Mite B then jumps and tries to [Bite] her!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 )
JayM rolled 1d8+48 and got 8 ( Total: 56 )
Also rolled 1d100 and got 22 [Total: 22]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 78
JayM: Dealing [42] Physical melee damage!
JayM: Raziel!
[OOC] Rohius: Raziel, if you blast one I can mimic and we can start killing shit.
Raziel‘ closes his eyes and starts chanting, motes of white energy flare into life around him ((Divine Wrath. CT 15))
JayM: Energy gathers…
Magic Pot A continues it’s [Elfire] onslaught on Lynne!
JayM rolled 1d8+72,125 and got 5 ( Total: 96.25 )
JayM: For [96] Magical Fire damage!
Whereas Magic Pot B then starts doing the same [Elfire] once Hauser!
JayM rolled 1d8+72 and got 6 ( Total: 78 )
JayM: Er
JayM: Sorry lynne
JayM: That was supposed to be 134 damage for 175%
JayM: And Hause takes [78] Magical Fire damage
JayM: Raziel!
Lynne's outfit doesn't deflect that one quite as well and it gets a little singed… "Ah, it got way hotter!" [114]
Raziel‘ throws a hand forward and the motes of energy swirl around magic pot A before flaring up in an explosion of white light.
Raziel` rolled 3d12+216 and got 11, 9, 1 ( Total: 237.0 ) for 26d
JayM: Burning light! Wait, what element is that?
[OOC] Raziel: holy
JayM: Hits for an amazing [355] damage! W: Holy!
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius: (is it dead?)
JayM: Not yet!
Rohius mimics that last spell! d26, and…
Rohius rolled 3d12+162*1.5 and got 11, 10, 6 ( Total: 270.0 )
[OOC] Rohius: 1.5 right?
JayM: YEs
[OOC] Rohius: On the same magic pot
JayM: IT’s easred with brilliant light for [270] damage! CLOSE but juuust not quite enough, the pot starts spinning very slowly
JayM: Battle order: Magic Pot C [B]:0 Magic Mite A [F]:0 Fortunata [F]:8 Lynne [B]:10 Magic Mite B [F]:10 Hauser [F]:18 Raziel [B]:20 Magic Pot A [B]:20 Magic Pot B [B]:21 Rohius [B]:22
JayM: Status for Magic Mite A [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Magic Mite B [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Magic Pot A [B] : [ ] Zombie(A)
JayM: Status for Magic Pot B [B] : [==========] Zombie(A)
JayM: Status for Magic Pot C [B] : [==========] Zombie(A)
Magic Pot C then, seeing Raziel burn his friends but bad, tries to put a [Galvanic Curse] on him!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 )
JayM rolled 1d8+72 and got 2 ( Total: 74 )
JayM: Dealing [74] Magical Lightning damage and Curse(4)!
Magic Mite A then attempts to [Bite] him in sequence!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 )
JayM: But does not gets any traction when it jumps and faceplants
JayM: Fortunata
Fortunata: "Oh, for goodness sakes."
Fortunata gets another running start and swings at the pot, trying to smash it into a wall! [Attack, 44D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 23 ( Total: 23 ) for 85/10
Fortunata rolled 1d10+120 and got 6 ( Total: 126.0 )
[OOC] Fortunata: well -25% because derp… but I don't think it has that much left?
JayM: Fortunata strikes the pot! Like a baseball bat hitting a baseball, it flies! And smashes against the wall, no sign of the imp that was once inside of it
JayM: Lynne!
[OOC] Lynne: Which one did Fort kill?
[OOC] Hauser: Pot A!
Lynne opens fire on Mite A. "That accursed thing inflicted an anima vulnerability!" [Attack, 50D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 )
Lynne rolled 1d12+135 and got 12 ( Total: 147.0 )
JayM: Direct strike! [147]!
JayM: Battle order: Magic Mite B [F]:0 Hauser [F]:8 Raziel [B]:10 Magic Pot B [B]:11 Rohius [B]:12 Magic Mite A [F]:21 Magic Pot C [B]:35 Fortunata [F]:42 Lynne [B]:50
JayM: Status for Magic Mite A [F] : [======== ]
JayM: Status for Magic Mite B [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Magic Pot B [B] : [==========] Zombie(A)
JayM: Status for Magic Pot C [B] : [==========] Zombie(A)
Magic Mite B decides that it does not likes Lynne and tries to [Bite] her!
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 29 ( Total: 29 )
JayM rolled 1d8+48 and got 6 ( Total: 54 )
Also rolled 1d100 and got 90 [Total: 90]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 144
JayM: Dealing [40] Physical Melee damage!
JayM: Hauser!
Hauser slams her blade into Mite A! - [Attack - 54D]
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 70 ( Total: 70 ) for C75 (curse)
Hauser rolled 1d12+220 and got 1 ( Total: 221.0 )
JayM: Direct hit!
JayM: A powerful swipe, another like that and it's a goner!
JayM: Raziel!
[OOC] Rohius: Gonna try assimilate on mite, so…)
[OOC] Raziel: HP check?
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 385/917 | MP: 42/686 | SoS: 229 | Normal
[OOC] Lynne: [B] HP: 456/668 | MP: 62/939 | SoS: 167 | Imperil (3)
Raziel‘ closes his eyes and a soft, cool breeze begins flowing around Fortunata. ((CT 15, Redemption))
JayM: The powerof healing gathers
Magic Pot B is focusing on Hauser with more [Elfire]!
[OOC] Rohius: …hmmm
JayM rolled 1d8+72,125 and got 4 ( Total: 95.0 )
JayM: Dealing 95 Magical Fire damage!
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius tries assimilate on magic mite A!
Rohius: (d 33)
JayM: Such an interesting beast, yet no azure arcana on it
Magic Mite A counters, then, with some [Elemental Erosion] on Rohius
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 )
JayM: But in tune as he is with that particular mite in this moment he foresees the strike and sidesteps in time!
Rohius: "…crap.))
Rohius: "
JayM: Razies!
Reziel
JayM: AAA
JayM: RAZIEL
Raziel: The soft breeze swirls around Fortunata with a friendly green glow.
JayM: Can’t spell
Raziel‘ rolled 3d12+216 and got 2, 7, 12 ( Total: 237.0 ) for heals~! 26d
JayM: HEaling power!
Magic Pot C spots a healer! IT drops down a [Stone Justice] on him!
JayM rolled 1d10+144 and got 10 ( Total: 154 )
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 70 ( Total: 70 )
Fortunata lets the wind whip through her hair all dramatically. Well, okay, just a breeze. "Thanks!"
JayM: For 154 Magical damage!
[OOC] Fortunata: [F] HP: 622/917 | MP: 42/686 | SoS: 229 | Normal
Magic Pot B continues to [Elfire] on Hauser!
JayM rolled 1d8+72,150 and got 7 ( Total: 118.5 )
Raziel: "Oww…"
JayM: For [118] Magical Fire damage!
JayM: Battle order: Fortunata [F]:0 Rohius [B]:3 Magic Mite B [F]:3 Lynne [B]:8 Raziel [B]:9 Magic Mite A [F]:14 Hauser [F]:20 Magic Pot B [B]:29 Magic Pot C [B]:33
JayM: Status for Magic Mite A [F] : [==== ]
JayM: Status for Magic Mite B [F] : [==========]
JayM: Status for Magic Pot B [B] : [==========] Zombie(A)
JayM: Status for Magic Pot C [B] : [==========] Zombie(A)
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata spots an opportunity to go bug squashing, so she steps up and slams the flat of her blade into Mite A! [44D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 54 ( Total: 54 ) for 85/10
Fortunata rolled 1d10+120 and got 8 ( Total: 128.0 )
JayM: A simple strike, a perfect connect for [128]!
JayM: Close, but not enough
JayM: Rohius!
[OOC] Rohius: what terrain are we on?
JayM: Artificial
[OOC] Rohius: slow time!
Rohius slams his palms into the ground! Terrain: Artifice’s Embrace on the front row!
Rohius rolled 1d8+54 and got 2 ( Total: 56.0 )
Rohius rolled 2#1d100(1) and got 38 ( Total: 38 ) for 45% cos of slow 4
Also rolled 2#1d100(2) and got 37 [Total: 37 (Low), Avg: 37.00]
Total: 75, Avg: 37.50
[OOC] Rohius: …perfect.
Lines of azure energy spread from under Rohius's feet, covering the walls. The blocks of stone move of their own accord and encircle the two mites, stay there for a moment, and crash against them, before returning to the holes they've left in the wall. Slows~
JayM: One of the mites was squashed, however :D
[OOC] JayM: KO
Rohius: "…well, that's not entirely what I intended but hey."
Magic Mite B decides to take revenge for it's fallen brother, it goes over to Rohius and starts to chew on his arm, doesn't quite hurts physically but it hurts where it counts [Chow Spell]
JayM rolled 1d10+120 and got 4 ( Total: 124 )
JayM: 124 Magical MP damage!
JayM: The mite looks refreshed
JayM: Lynne!
Fortunata: "Ooh, now that's just mean."
Lynne blasts the next mite, a little disgusted. "Horrible thing, perish!" [Attack, 50D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 64 ( Total: 64 )
Lynne rolled 1d12+135 and got 4 ( Total: 139.0 )
JayM: Direct strike! [139]!
JayM: Raziel!
Raziel‘ closes his eyes as a soothing breeze blows around him. CT 15 Redemption
JayM: The power of healing
JayM: Hauser!
Hauser slashes into Mite B! [Attack - 54D!]
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 11 ( Total: 11 ) for C75
Hauser rolled 1d12+220 and got 5 ( Total: 225.0 )
JayM: For [225] damage a straight slash!
JayM: Raziel again!
Raziel` opens his eyes for the yummy heals
Raziel` rolled 3d12+216 and got 11, 5, 12 ( Total: 244.0 ) for 26d
JayM: Healing power!
Magic Pot B continues to unleash more [Elfire] on Hauser!
JayM rolled 1d8+72,175 and got 2 ( Total: 129.5 )
JayM: For [129] Magical Fire damage!
Magic Pot C then decides that the healing is too much and set up a [Galvanic Curse] on Raziel!
JayM rolled 1d8+72 and got 4 ( Total: 76 )
Also rolled 1d100 and got 25 [Total: 25]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 101
JayM: Dealing [76] Magical Lightning damage and Curse(4)!
Hauser picks herself up from a kneel as the fire fades about her. Her chestpiece sparks -
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 90 ( Total: 90 ) for C75 to proc A.Heart if I’m Cursed
[OOC] Hauser: Nope!
Rohius: "…I need to get some more firepower."
JayM: Battle order: Fortunata [F]:0 Rohius [B]:3 Raziel [B]:6 Magic Mite B [F]:13 Lynne [B]:14 Magic Pot B [B]:15 Magic Pot C [B]:20 Hauser [F]:30
JayM: Status for Magic Mite B [F] : [=== ] Slow(3)
JayM: Status for Magic Pot B [B] : [==========] Zombie(A)
JayM: Status for Magic Pot C [B] : [==========] Zombie(A)
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata smashes the other mite now! [44D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 ) for 85/10
JayM: An unfortunate turn of events
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius considers this all carefully. "…welp." He hefts his rifle suddenly and shoots at Mite B!
Rohius rolled 1d100 and got 58 ( Total: 58 ) for 80/15
Rohius rolled 1d12+120 and got 11 ( Total: 131.0 )
[OOC] Rohius: d 53
JayM: Piercing through chitin and muscle, it makes a small hole on the way in and a very large one on the way out, and the Mite collapses
[OOC] JayM: KO
JayM: Battle order: Raziel [B]:0 Lynne [B]:8 Magic Pot B [B]:9 Magic Pot C [B]:14 Hauser [F]:24 Fortunata [F]:38 Rohius [B]:50
JayM: Status for Magic Mite B [F]: [-KO-] Slow(3)
JayM: Status for Magic Pot B [B] : [==========] Zombie(A)
JayM: Status for Magic Pot C [B] : [==========] Zombie(A)
JayM: Raziel!
Raziel‘ surrounds magic Pot B with white motes of energy ((CT 15 Heavenly Light)
JayM: Gathering power of light!
JayM: Lynne!
Lynne uncaps a bottle of Tincture and quickly downs it, now preparing a little since this seems to be under control… [Item, 30D]
JayM: Isn’t MP tasty?
Magic Pot B continues it's fiery onslaught of [Elfire] on Hauser!
JayM rolled 1d8+72,200 and got 6 ( Total: 156.0 )
JayM: It deals [156] Magical Fire damage!
Magic Pot C then tries to bring some [Stone Justice] on Raziel for all the damage he's dealing!
Hauser drops to her knees, shrouded in smoke. [KO]
JayM rolled 1d10+144 and got 2 ( Total: 146 )
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 54 ( Total: 54 )
JayM: For [146] Magical damage!
Fortunata: "Well, that's not good news!"
Raziel‘ falls to his knees [SoS]
JayM: Battle order: Raziel [B]:0 Hauser [F]:9 Lynne [B]:23 Fortunata [F]:23 Magic Pot B [B]:24 Rohius [B]:35 Magic Pot C [B]:39
JayM: Status for Magic Pot B [B] : [==========] Zombie(A)
JayM: Status for Magic Pot C [B] : [==========] Zombie(A)
JayM: Raziel!
Raziel` causes the motes to flare up, blasting Magic Pot B with holy light.
Raziel` rolled 3d12+216 and got 5, 12, 11 ( Total: 244.0 ) for magical holy damage 26d
JayM: Hitting a weakness for [366]!
JayM: Battle order: Lynne [B]:0 Fortunata [F]:0 Magic Pot B [B]:1 Raziel [B]:3 Rohius [B]:12 Magic Pot C [B]:16 Hauser [F]:26
JayM: Status for Magic Pot B [B] : [====== ] Zombie(A)
JayM: Status for Magic Pot C [B] : [==========] Zombie(A)
JayM: Lynne and Fortunata!
Lynne sidles over to a desk to use it as cover, leaning on top of it to fire another barrage! [Attack, 50D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 62 ( Total: 62 )
Lynne rolled 1d12+135 and got 12 ( Total: 147.0 )
JayM: Another direct hit!
[OOC] Lynne: On pot B
JayM: And Fortunata!
Fortunata casts a glance at the remaining enemies, then at Hauser, electing to [Wait] a bit. [19D]
JayM: Raziel!
JayM: Er
JayM: Wait
JayM: Magic Pot B first
Magic Pot B decides that, since it’s on a roll, it should lead on doing it's [Elfire] on Raziel this time!
JayM rolled 1d8+72 and got 2 ( Total: 74 )
JayM: For [74] Magical Fire damage!
JayM: Now Raziel!
Raziel‘ slumps over "Clive…" [ko]
Rohius: "…bad."
JayM: Seems like the battle’s taken a turn for the worse
[OOC] Rohius: who's next?
JayM: Oh
JayM: Erp
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius is out of good ideas. Or at least, all but one. BLAM. (shoot B.)
Rohius rolled 1d100 and got 88 ( Total: 88 ) for 80/15
[OOC] Rohius: fuck me0)
JayM: A badly aimed shot
Magic Pot C decides to try putting a [Galvanic Curse] on Rohius!
JayM rolled 1d8+72 and got 5 ( Total: 77 )
Also rolled 1d100 and got 39 [Total: 39]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 116
JayM: Dealing [77] Magical Lightning damage and Curse(4)!
JayM: Fortunata!
[OOC] Fortunata: Inits?
JayM: Battle order: Fortunata [F]:0 Hauser [F]:7 Magic Pot B [B]:12 Raziel [B]:24 Magic Pot C [B]:28 Lynne [B]:31 Rohius [B]:46
JayM: Status for Magic Pot B [B] : [===== ] Zombie(A)
JayM: Status for Magic Pot C [B] : [==========] Zombie(A)
[OOC] Fortunata: welp
Fortunata jabs Hauser with a [Phoenix Down] and hopes for the best! [34D]
JayM: Life magic and emergency medicine all into one, Hauser is brought back with 1 HP in time to fight!
JayM: Hauser!
[OOC] Hauser: Alright, one sec…
Hauser picks herself up, coughs, and strides up to magic Pot B - clunk, clunk, clunk - and drives her sword, two hands on the hilt, overhand, down into the Magic Pot. The crystal sparks, shining brilliant and blue - [Shock Drive - 54D]
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 34 ( Total: 34 ) for C95
JayM: Strikes a weakness!
Hauser rolled 1d12*1.5+400*1.5 and got 7 ( Total: 610.5 )
Hauser electrocutes it to the tune of 610 magical Lightning damage.
The blade drives deep into the pot nearly cleaving it in two. There is a silent moment, and the burst of lightning strikes- Shattering the pot into millions of tiny bits! [KO]
Fortunata: "…impressive, boss."
Hauser: "Hmph. Should really be taking this one more seriously, anyway."
Hauser shakes her sword to one side, and a buzz like a degaussing cathode tube rings out, the light flickering pale, dimmer, and off.
JayM: Battle order: Magic Pot C [B]:0 Lynne [B]:3 Fortunata [F]:6 Rohius [B]:18 Hauser [F]:33 Raziel [B]:36
JayM: Status for Magic Pot C [B] : [==========] Zombie(A)
The last Magic Pot hops and hops, it seems scared! It is cornered however and freaking out, jumps at Fortunata [Slam]
JayM rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 )
JayM rolled 1d8+36 and got 2 ( Total: 38 )
JayM: Dealing [38] Physical Melee damage!
Fortunata gets the wind knocked out of her, but not much else. "Oof!"
JayM: Lynne!
Lynne: "Require any additional assistance, Hauser?"
Hauser: "Armor's scraped up. Don't let me hit the floor again, if you don't mind."
Fortunata: "Yeah, that and we're running out of restorative."
Lynne pulls out a bottle of tonic, pops the top off, and administers it to Hauser. "We'll have to get some more soon then, this would consistute the very reason why we acquired these supplies after all." [Item, 30D]
[OOC] Lynne: +80 HP
Hauser: "Appreciated. Alright, press the assault."
JayM: Fortunata!
Fortunata smashes into the last pot! [44D]
Fortunata rolled 1d100 and got 48 ( Total: 48 ) for 85/10
Fortunata rolled 1d10+120 and got 3 ( Total: 123.0 )
JayM: A direct hit for [123]!
JayM: Rohius!
Rohius tries another shot!
Rohius rolled 1d100 and got 88 ( Total: 88 ) for 80/15
JayM: A hit! On the ground, sadly
Rohius: "……….."
JayM: Battle order: Magic Pot C [B]:0 Lynne [B]:3 Hauser [F]:3 Raziel [B]:6 Fortunata [F]:20 Rohius [B]:41
JayM: Status for Magic Pot C [B] : [========= ] Zombie(A)
It just looks at the party recovering from a near wipe, and starts wobbling backwards [CT10]
JayM: Lynne and Hauser!
Hauser slashes into it! [Attack - 54D]
Hauser rolled 1d100 and got 51 ( Total: 51 ) for C95 picking up the heat reduction
Hauser rolled 1d12+220 and got 7 ( Total: 227.0 )
JayM: Strike, a straight [227]!
JayM: Lynne!
Lynne turns back from Hasuer to fire at the pot again before it has a chance to act! [Attack, 50D]
Lynne rolled 1d100 and got 99 ( Total: 99 )
JayM: A grazing hit, but not enough to damage!
Fortunata: "Man, we're just not on all cylinders today."
JayM: You're still scary enough, it jumps out of a window
[OOC] JayM: Escape
Lynne: "…I was doing well, too."
JayM rolled 2d100 and got 95, 87 ( Total: 182 )
Also rolled 2d100 and got 48, 69 [Total: 117]**
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 299
Fortunata: "The rest of us weren't, though. Think about that too."
JayM: Sadly the only thing left behind of use was a [Nethicide Fang - T2 Magical] off of one of the mites
JayM: With Raziel out of it, you're left in the silent second floor
Lynne pulls out the list and examines it to see if enough shards have been recovered to satisfy the requirements…
JayM: Well, the base ingredients should be able to be procured here, but
JayM: If you want to pick up the high quality stuff he mentioned, there SHOULD be a mimic somewhere here
Fortunata: "…"
Fortunata pops a pair of Tinctures as she grumbles at their misfortune. "What happened to our prepwork before this mission, anyway?"
Fortunata: "…well, if any of you want to rest, you can. I want to find this mimic, though."
Hauser limbers up her arm, striding deeper. "Well, a mimic-hunting we go."
You move on upwards… You hit the third floor, wheren it is another laboratory… It would be wise to provoke no further Magic Pots here, as there are quite a few. You do find a few documents lying about. They mostly talk about… Magic Pots. They treat those as if they were undead, although there is often mention of a core heart, but the data is far too scattered to learn anything
[OOC] Raziel: Now, do I get to talk while KO'd or are you dragging my corpse aroud Dragon Quest style?
[OOC] Fortunata: You're walking but not in combat shape, essentially.
Rohius slams a PD on Raziel. "Oy! Healing!"
[OOC] Hauser: Talk, limp around a little, complain, etc!
JayM: You're out of battle, you're pretty hurt and probably can't move on your own, but you're not really completely unconscious
And further in the fourth floor you find… Mostly cages, all broken. More of those eight-sided crystals in the floor, just four. The cages are labelled, they are just numbers, however.
Raziel‘ looks at Hauser, "Boss… are we dead?"
Fortunata stares at Raziel.
Lynne: "I suppose I should have known better than to expect that time would leave this facility in a state that would yield information."
Surprising is, perhaps, a cage with something in it. Still closed there is a… A larger wooden box. When you look at it, it suddenly lunges forward, only to be stopped by a chain tieing it to the wall
Then it it kind of shakes, weakly and limply
Fortunata: "Well, there it is. No telling how long it’s been there."
Fortunata: "…could be a bluff, though."
JayM: Very, very long it seems like because
JayM: It's very weak
JayM: You're not sure those things can die of starvation at all but if they can, this one won't be for long
Hauser: "As if they'd known they'd need one…"
Hauser: "…Lynne. Don't need to worry about preserving the wood, right?"
Raziel‘ looks at it, "Oh… poor thing… do we have to hurt it?"
JayM: You know… Looking around
JayM: And the marks in this place
JayM: This might not have been the only mimic here at some point in the past
Rohius: "…Boss Hauser, should I mercy kill it?"
Lynne: "Hmm. This is what I had tried to imply to the gray man before, somewhat. Perhaps there was an attempt at domesticating the mimic, to make it safe to contain in a manner so that the quality ingredient that it… provides could be acquired safely." She sighs and presses fingertips on forehead. "…but I suppose we don’t have time for such a project, do we?"
Hauser: "Might as well."
Raziel: "Wait!"
Rohius casts assimilate on the mimic before reloading his rifle and lowering it to bear on the mimic (seeing if it has any blue magic goodies) … "…waiting."
JayM: It's
Raziel: "Can't we… like… not kill it? Heal it up? Feed it? Try and give it a second chance at life.. instead of being locked up here in this place only to be killed?"
JayM: It's just too much
JayM: While normally Assimilate doesn't draws life energy, this one had barely anything left in it and the shock of the spell causes it to falter and topple over
JayM: At least it's deadly [Acid] spit technique is now Rohius's
Rohius: "…Nope."
Raziel‘ looks at the box
Rohius: "If that killed it, then it would be dead before we found out what it eats."
Fortunata: "…sucks. Goodbye, little box."
Rohius: "Your death will not be in vain, bitey-box. We will see to it."
Raziel` sighs
JayM: It’s… A… Box. It's fragments fall apart and… It is true, the wood is kind of fleshy, although it was tied together not by nail or cord or sinew but strands of ethereal energy. There is a tiny crystalline core in it too, it's jet black
JayM: Besides the material you were asked for you also got a [Mimic Core - T2 Special]
JayM: It… Won't do you anything good
JayM: (grants the equipment it's used on Auto-Zombie)
[OOC] Rohius: let's get more! Hot topic will pay us out the nose!
Hauser picks up the first few planks of wood. "…This is the stuff."
JayM: That it is
JayM: With the wood gathered, is there aught else to do here?
Hauser: "See anything like filing cabinet on the way in?"
Raziel: "So, boss, I was thinking… the runes on the beds, they're not terribly advanced, but the craftsmanship is remarkable. So maybe we could help, Lynne and I. I mean… applied Etheric Science is what I grew up, and with our advanced knowledge and his intricate work… maybe we could amplify the runes enough to not need pristine materials?"
Lynne: "Unfortunate that there's no useful data to collect here. Perhaps we can return for a more thorough search later, but for the present, I suppose we'd best head back for now?" Lynne nods in agreement with Raziel, "It depends on how much the ritual's facilitator permits our interference, I would say."
Raziel‘ looks up at Lynne, excited, "Did you look at the runes in the bed? It’s like he made a microprocessor out of coconuts and glue!"
Hauser shrugs. "Guess it can't be helped."
JayM: And thus it seems like there is nothing else to be done here
Although that is not quite true, you do manage to scavenge a handful of research papers and notes, although you have no condition to decypher them completely or at all, they are at least ready to be sent up to the science team. And speaking of which, there is a call, from Alicia, but that
JayM: Is for the next session
Session End
Rohius: thanks for sesh!
Fortunata: we're using a tent
Fortunata: and I am going to sleep
Lynne: yes
Fortunata: thanks for running Julian :D
Lynne: tent is non-optional
Lynne: and yeah, it's nice to be running again!
[OOC] JayM: +2000 EXP/+200 Lucre/+10 AP
JayM: And yeah it was great to run again
Raziel: Sorry for being late
Fortunata: also I am booking from Entrench straight to Guardian
Julian: I think I as lagging the hell out in the battle there
Fortunata: then Raise
Starsinger: Still adjusting
Julian: Processor here was failing
Fortunata: I need to learn to lay off the MP until I really need it
Fortunata: granted, I didn't USE any… because I didn't have any either :V
Fortunata: but since Entrench is basically Footwork, Aim, and Charge put into a blender
Fortunata: I had forgotten it had a higher base accuracy, that's pretty great
Fortunata: vendetta might be nice once I get my covers set up

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License